I Wanna Be The Forums!

General Category => General Games! => I Wanna Be the Quest => Topic started by: DraconicDescendant on April 22, 2011, 06:32:25 pm

Title: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 22, 2011, 06:32:25 pm
You are suspended in darkness, bare, starving, thirsty, broken. You slowly begin to descend, a sea of stars appearing beneath you. The stars are so numerous, so expansive, and appear in such great density that they make the void beneath you light up in complete whiteness. You gain velocity, speed, accelerating, stars rushing past you, until you feel that you are traveling at the speed of light. Slowly the stars fade away, and you begin to dimly become aware that you are not traveling at the speed of light, you are actually quite stationary. You aren't zooming past stars either, your face is on the ground. However, you do feel thirsty, starved, and heavily injured. You open your eyes, blurred vision obscuring lighted text floating in front of your face. You slowly wake up, your body encased by a suit of battle armor, capable of withstanding heavy abuse. Your helmet visor is cracked, the last message your HUD displayed is stuck on the screen.

HEAVY INJURIES SUSTAINED, EMERGENCY SIGNAL ACTIVATED
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 22, 2011, 06:44:23 pm
Try moving my neck around, to see where I am.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 22, 2011, 06:53:26 pm
Looking around, you see a muddy landscape, patches of green scattered around. A purple flower rests in the light of two moons, illuminating the sky. The landscape around you is littered with dead bodies, dressed in battle armor similar to yours. However, there are two distinctive shapes and patterns. You think you're dressed in armor with a silver coloring, streamlined around your body. Some corpses share this armor, but you see that about half of them are of a different species, with a more pronounced hunch, and claws of some kind, feral legs, like those of the wolf. They seem to have some kind of natural carapace as well, but the most defining feature is an extra set of arms.

It appears that the enemy wore armor with a tan color, streamlined, but with black stripes, and thicker armor.

You see a weapon, which you assume to be yours, a few meters away.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 22, 2011, 06:56:54 pm
Slowly crawl over to it, and try using it to pull myself up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 22, 2011, 07:01:09 pm
You crawl over to your weapon, feeling a heavy pain whenever your left leg shifts even slightly. You hear a beeping in your ears, perhaps a warning system in your armor. You pick up the assault rifle, finding it to be completely empty. You're not going to be able to walk, you think your leg is broken in multiple places.

Over a small hill, you think you hear clanking, something is moving.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 22, 2011, 07:10:51 pm
Play dead face up, hoping the visor will hide my blinking.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 22, 2011, 07:14:51 pm
You hear the moving stop, and then you continue to hear the clanking.

After a moment, you are startled by a loud BANG, someone discharging a weapon into what you assume to be an injured soldier.

The thing moves over the hill, into view. It appears to be one of the non-human combatants, on the enemy side. It stops and nudges a body of one of your fallen soldiers with its foot, and watches it intently for several seconds before moving on to a corpse several meters away from you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 22, 2011, 07:22:09 pm
Roll away slowly into cover when it's looking in another direction.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 22, 2011, 07:25:43 pm
Your leg stings, and you think it may have heard you, seeing as how it looks in your direction immediately afterward. It begins to cautiously move toward you, an exotic mandible becoming apparent, four sharp extensions on each corner of its mouth flexing outward.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 22, 2011, 07:33:19 pm
Close my eyes, hold my breath, and stay perfectly still.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 22, 2011, 07:36:27 pm
The footsteps get closer and closer, as the creature approaches you.

You hear the rev of an engine in the distance. The creature stops, and you hear it run off.

You hear a vehicle pull up nearby. You hear people talking.

"He should be over there. Keep on guard, though. There might be a few scavengers cleaning up."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 22, 2011, 07:50:39 pm
"There was... Ran off when it heard you... Thanks for that..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 22, 2011, 07:56:53 pm
"Well well, we found our man."

Two people come up to you. One is in white and red armor, and is one of the creatures that you are unfamiliar with. The other is in blue armor, and is human.  They both carry assault rifles, you hear a third person in the vehicle, talking over a radio. The vehicle appears to be a large transport vehicle, and is also armed with a heavy machine gun.

The man examines you. "Are you hurt, soldier?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 22, 2011, 08:11:25 pm
"Left leg... in a lot of pain, and I can't really rememeber a lot. I think I fell from something, a ship?"
Look to the alien.
"If we're fighting these aliens, why are you on our side? And.. what is your species called again? I'm just... ugh... Not a good day."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 22, 2011, 08:23:29 pm
"He's delirious," says the alien in a gruff, scratchy voice.
"Come on, son. We need to get you out of here."

You are picked up and put into a chamber in the back of the vehicle, the alien removes your helmet and begins hooking your suit up to a medical system, applying a moist paste to your mouth that quenches your thirst and assuages your hunger. "We will get back to base shortly, we're going to look for more survivors."

The alien closes the chamber, sealing you inside in a calming, blue light. The medical system plugged into your suit begins analyzing your injuries, slowly your leg goes numb.

"INJURIES ANALYZED, APPLYING NANO REPAIR GEL."

Your leg begins to feel tingly. You hear the medic setting up somebody else, and then you feel the car begin to move.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2011, 03:37:20 am
Relax, and enjoy the ride.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2011, 06:13:31 am
You spend several minutes inside the chamber before feeling the car roll to a stop. Eventually the medic opens your chamber, pulling out the wires. "How are you feeling?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2011, 06:17:20 am
"Better... I guess. Should I try walking?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2011, 06:22:52 am
"Yes. You should be feeling healed by now. Do you need help getting out?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2011, 06:31:53 am
Try getting out by myself.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2011, 06:37:36 am
"Alright, come on."

You step out of the chamber, your leg giving no protest, instead feeling completely healed. The creature then opens the other chamber and begins talking to someone inside. Standing outside of the vehicle is the man in the blue suit and the driver, dressed in teal.

"You seemed pretty banged up, soldier. What happened out there?" asks the man in blue.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2011, 06:45:46 am
"Well, I was falling, then I was surrounded by bodies and almost got killed by a scavenger. All I can remember."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2011, 06:51:37 am
"Well, we got to you just in time. Come on, let's get you some real food, then we'll talk more."

The men walk off toward a large metal building, surrounded by a fence and guard towers. You hear the soldier that was in the other chamber step out behind you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2011, 07:42:33 pm
Follow the others, and talk to him.
"How're you feeling?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2011, 07:48:41 pm
"Well, I guess I'm feeling okay after getting shot in the head," says the soldier, who you quickly realize is not a he. You enter the fence perimeter, following the three others through a set of sliding metal doors and into an entrance hall. In here, the flooring is made of concrete, and the walls are heavily reinforced. Soldiers, both human and nonhuman, walk about, most of them wearing silver armor. The three in front of you lead you through several hallways, as you pass a mess hall and some lounges. You stop in front of a row of elevators, the leader pushing the button. When it arrives, you all step inside while he pushes a button marked B3.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2011, 07:56:55 pm
Whistle elevator music.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2011, 07:59:10 pm
"Soldier, what's your name?" asks the chief, or at least the guy you think is the chief, because he's the only one you've seen wearing blue.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2011, 08:11:35 pm
"Velocity, sir."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2011, 08:20:30 pm
"Well, Velocity, I'm ordering you to knock that the fuck off. For someone of your rank, I wouldn't expect you to be so undisciplined."

The door opens, and you walk down a few more hallways, these halls filled with recovering soldiers. You are led into a doctor's room, a few tables in the middle of it, plenty of medical equipment. The medic motions for you to sit down on a table, the woman does so, as do you.

The medic removes his helmet, allowing you to get a clearer look at the creature for the first time. It has a mammalian jaw, but with four insect-like mandibles on the outside of its mouth. It has a carapace, much like a crab's, and is somewhat orange in color, with two antennae and dark blue eyes. It holds up a light to your eyes, examining.

"You might be suffering from some battle fatigue, your pupils don't seem to be reacting appropriately to light. Do you have any questions?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2011, 08:26:45 pm
"Uh... yeah. Where am I, what rank am I, what species are you, who are we fighting, and what happened back there?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2011, 08:35:49 pm
"...I may have to retract my initial diagnosis, perhaps get a second opinion...alright, I'll explain." The creature takes a deep breath.

"You must have suffered extensive injuries during that battle. You mean you can't even tell me which continent we're on? Let alone which planet? We're on Mandelor, home of Mandelorians, like myself. We're fighting the UMR, to protect the citizens crushed underneath its regime? None of this sounds familiar? You were in a large battle, at least 200 combatants were on each side. We're soldiers of Crion, the Crionese? You appear to be of specialist rank. You lead your own squadron. If your amnesia is this severe...we might have to conduct further examination."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 04:59:44 am
"Oh, right! I remember now! It's all flooding back, thanks for jogging my memory."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 08:17:50 am
"Are you sure? Hm. Well, you might need a bit of rest, is all."

The Mandelorian goes over to examine the woman, shining the light in her eyes and taking blood pressure.

"Well, you seem normal."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 08:37:25 am
Sit and wait for somebody to tell me what to do.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 10:09:09 am
The man in blue comes back in.

"Their diagnoses are normal, but I recommend that they get some-"
"We don't have time for that, doctor. We need to get them back out as soon as possible."

The man turns to you. "You two, come with me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 10:10:45 am
"Yes, sir."
Follow him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 10:36:50 am
As you walk through more hallways, past offices and waiting rooms, you enter into a meeting room, a table sitting in the middle of it, with plenty of chairs. There is a podium up front, and a projection screen.

"Velocity, and Sharon, it is my understanding that you two are specialists. Now, we have various programs in action that are looking for ways to improve performance on the battlefield, and after seeing you in action, we want you to...participate in one of them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 10:39:46 am
"Understood, sir. What does this involve?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 10:44:33 am
"Genetic enhancement," the chief says as he pulls out a file. "We're going to use a special nanite fluid to alter your genetic code and combine traits of the Mandelorians and humans into you. All you need to do is sign these waivers."

The man slides out several papers. The girl you assume is Sharon begins reading them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 10:50:05 am
Read over her shoulder.
"What exactly is the chance of death or horrific injury, sir?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 10:53:58 am
"The nanites will either do the job or won't do anything. You ARE willing to serve your country, aren't you, soldier?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 10:56:14 am
"Yes, sir."
Read the waivers after she has, and sign them regardless.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 11:06:00 am
Technical and legal information is listed on the paper, but you care little to actually read through all of it. You sign the paper, the chief taking it afterwards. "Well, alright. You're doing a good service, soldiers. We'll call you back in tomorrow. Until then, feel free to enjoy yourselves as you would like."

The chief gets up and escorts you back to the elevator. You ride back up to the ground floor.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 11:40:55 am
Look for the mess hall.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 11:55:37 am
You look for the mess hall and find or again. "You're hungry too? Well, I guess if we're going to be in this project together we could get to know each other."

You enter the mess hall, several different serving stations are around the room, giving you basic choices in food. Sharon takes a tray and goes to work.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 12:07:19 pm
Get some food, and sit next to Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 12:10:23 pm
You grab some meat slices and a biscuit, then you sit down. She removes her helmet, revealing trimmed brunette hair and blue eyes. She starts cutting into her meal. "So, tell me about yourself."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 12:15:22 pm
Remove my own helmet.
"Well... I'm Velocity, and I'm a soldier."
Lower my voice.
"Between you and me, I don't remember much after what happened."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 12:17:37 pm
"I guess I don't remember much either, with my head getting blown off and all. What do you look for in women, Velocity?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 12:25:22 pm
"Well, you've put me on the spot, but I'd say... intelligence, kindness, and a sense of humour. Being a brunette helps."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 12:27:06 pm
"I didn't ask you to hit on me. Sheesh, you're so unsubtle."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 12:27:47 pm
Smirk.
"I didn't think you were trying to be subtle."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 12:31:53 pm
She frowns, disappointed. "Fine. So, are you ready to be a crash test dummy?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 01:11:43 pm
"Well, it's either that or bluff my way through leading a squadron even though I have half a clue what's going on."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 01:23:29 pm
"I guess it's good for you that they all got killed, then. But does that make you a good leader?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 01:28:09 pm
"Most likely not. What about you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 03:16:42 pm
"I tried my best. Are you going your food or are you just going to make conversation?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 03:25:27 pm
"I'll take the hint."
Start eating the food quietly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 03:40:40 pm
You both eat food amongst the noisy occupants of the mess hall, at least until two guys approach you, dressed in red armor.

"Hey, excuse me? Yeah, we were arguing about whether or not my friend here, Dave could...well, Dave, try asking him."

Dave steps up. "Hey, would you trust me enough to give me 500 credits to run down to the store and buy a loaf of bread for you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 03:41:36 pm
"I'm not quite sure how to reply to that."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 03:54:05 pm
"Am I trustworthy enough to give 500 credits to, that's all I'm asking."

(500 credits is equivalent to five dollars.)
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 03:55:56 pm
"Well, I guess it's only 500 credits. Is this hypothetical, or do you want me to put it to practice?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 04:01:17 pm
"It's just hypothetical," says the other man. "But you totally wouldn't, right? RIGHT?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 04:02:06 pm
See if I have 500 tokens on me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 04:05:53 pm
You have 2500 credits on you.

"Don't do it! Do not give your money to that man!"
"No, you can do it, dude! Yeah, this guy's smart, he knows how to be cool," says Dave triumphantly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 04:07:08 pm
"It's only 500 credits, seriously."
Give him the money.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 04:13:15 pm
"Dammit!" says the other guy, slapping his leg and then getting out 2000 credits, handing them over to Dave.
"Yeah, Lans! This was your money, but I guess it's mine now! Hah!" Dave extends a hand to you. "Thanks a lot dude, you just won me a bet."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 04:14:03 pm
Shake his hand, smiling.
"No problem. Do I get the 500 back?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 04:16:16 pm
"Well, only if you want it. Now that you ask, I'd feel like a jerk if I actually took it. Here, have it."

Dave hands you the money.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 04:19:23 pm
"Keep it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 04:22:45 pm
"...Alright then! I'm up 2500 credits! Hey man, what's your name?" asks Dave.
"You don't know? He's Velocity, dude! I've heard about this guy. You're the one that was just in that battle, right?" asks Lans.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 04:26:41 pm
"Yeah, so was Sharon, here."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 04:28:33 pm
"Oh, hello," says Lans. "They actually went out to retrieve you two specifically. I wonder why."

You're not allowed to talk about the project, that's the one thing you learned from reading those waivers.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 04:30:23 pm
"I've got no idea. You know what the brass is like. Not a lot they do seems to make sense a lot of the time, but we're soldiers, we're not paid to think about that."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 04:36:19 pm
"Well, see you later, I guess." Lans and Dave head off. Lans punches Dave's arm as they walk out.

"...You wanna go to the lounge? We've got some spare time," says Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 04:37:35 pm
"Well, not like we've got much else to do. How long do we have?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 04:40:34 pm
"Curfew's at 11. So we've got about three hours."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 04:43:51 pm
"Let's head to the lounge, then."
Head there.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 04:47:21 pm
You enter the lounge. It's a cheery place, with a lot of soldiers messing around inside. There are plenty of chairs, several people are playing foosball on the foosball tables, a few are playing cards, some are just sitting and talking at tables. You see one interesting Mandelorian in green, however. He's all by himself, reading a book.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 04:55:40 pm
Sit near him.
"Hey, what're you reading?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 04:59:19 pm
"It's an interesting study on the tribes of Kandizi. Mandeloria is still quite a frontier, even to us. It's amazing how the remote tribes survive in their own unique and amazing ways."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 05:02:18 pm
"Interesting. Could you give an example?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 05:11:33 pm
"Well, the Kandizi depend on the tropical forests for all of their resources and food, so they utilize the poison of the waruwaru frog to hunt, coating their weapons and arrows in it. Then, they are able to eat great bounties after hunting the dangerous beasts of the jungle. You are Velocity, and Sharon? Correct?" The Mandelorian looks at you with thoughtful, violet eyes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 05:12:26 pm
"Correct. And you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 05:14:32 pm
"My name is Zinn," says the Mandelorian, shaking your hand with his clawed hand. His carapace is a shade of turquoise, as opposed to the orange carapace of the medic from earlier.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 05:20:29 pm
"A pleasure to meet you, Zinn."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 05:22:35 pm
"How was your first large battle with the UMR? I saw you walk past earlier with the chief and a medic."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 05:24:31 pm
"Well, I'm pretty sure I fell out of a ship, and Sharon had her head blown off."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 05:27:01 pm
"I'm assuming they broke out the emergency nano-repair gel to fix you up? A lot of good people died, but a ship, now? I don't believe there were any reports of ships in the area."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 05:30:19 pm
"Well, it's pretty hazy, but I remember falling through space."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 05:32:46 pm
"Are you sure you were not merely having an out of body experience? You were one of the ones they pulled out of there, and you must have been heavily injured."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 05:39:02 pm
"Possibly. My only serious injuries were to one of my legs. If I fell, they'd probably be more symmetrical."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 05:42:40 pm
"Well, I'm glad we've had this meeting. I've enjoyed your company."

You spend several hours playing cards and foosball, but when curfew comes, you quickly report back to your assigned bunk. After you pass inspection, you all get in bed and rest.

You wake up in the morning to the sound of an intercom trumpet. Getting up, you get ready for the day with a shower. However, you see the chief as you prepare to get breakfast.

"No time for breakfast, soldier. We need you now. Come on."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 05:44:23 pm
"Okay, sir."
Follow him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 05:52:31 pm
You ride down the elevator. You step out on the medical floor, again. Heading down several hallways, and then through a few heavy-security doors, you step into an operation room.

"Sit down," says the medic from earlier. "Now, I need you to be relaxed so the nanites will have an easier time adapting. But first, I'll need you to remove your armor. We don't want you getting injured by constraining yourself inside of it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 05:54:22 pm
Nod, remove my armour, and sit down.
"So, how long should this take?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 05:58:36 pm
You remove each piece of your uniform, the flexible, yet durable material slides off. You lay down on the table, now only in your briefs.

"Several minutes at least. Just relax, and it will be over quicker. You might feel some cramps and burning, but it shouldn't be anything extremely painful."

The medic picks up a rather large syringe from a nearby tray, filled with a thick gray syrup. He begins swabbing your neck with alcohol.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 06:00:43 pm
Close my eyes, and try to relax.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 06:19:56 pm
You feel the syringe slide into your neck, the fluid burns as it is introduced. The medic quickly injects it all, then pulls the syringe back out, swabs the area again, and bandages it.

You feel the nanites spread through your body like liquid heat. It flows up to your head, and down to the rest of your body. Your mouth begins to ache, four powerful mandibles forming on the outside of each corner. Two sensitive antennae sprout up from your head. Your spine cracks loudly, reforming into a slightly more hunched shape. You feel your legs snap, slowly reforming into a digitigrade shape. Inside of you, you feel quite a few things moving around, your stomach churning. It burns, but the oddest feeling of all is the sprouting of an extra pair of fully-functional arms. Your skin begins to burn intensely, a hard crustacean shell forming around you, an extra layer of protection from attack. The burning begins to fade, the doctor sounding pleased.

"This is amazing..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 06:36:24 pm
"Well, out of all the questions I have, the most pressing is: What colour am I?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 06:38:54 pm
Whatever color you want to be, unless you have no opinion.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 06:46:16 pm
I think I'll go with silver.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 06:47:39 pm
"You're...silver? I've never seen a silver Mandelorian before. It is said that the color of a Mandelorian's shell reflects the nature of its soul."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 07:00:24 pm
"Well, I guess I am pretty different. Are there any less obvious traits I may have acquired?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 07:03:59 pm
You have a sudden craving for algae and shellfish. Other than that, you feel quite normal.

"Well, I'm going to conduct a scan right now to be sure that the anatomy isn't abnormal. Come on, you're going to have to follow me. Walking might be a little different, but it should generally be the same."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 07:09:07 pm
Get up, and try walking.
"How'd Sharon's procedure go?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 07:15:03 pm
Your voice sounds scratchier, and more gruff. You're a bit wobbly, but you should get used to it. You step out into the hall, and see a slimmer, more feminine Mandelorian clumsily walking forward. She's a jet black color, with deep blue eyes. The most noticeable feature about her is her smell, however. You've never smelled it before, but smelling it now gets you a little hot under the collar. She makes an odd sound upon seeing you, and steps over.

"...Velocity?" she asks.
"There's your answer," says the medic.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 07:25:04 pm
"Hey, Sharon. Feeling okay?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 07:27:32 pm
"I feel okay...it's just you smell so nice..."

"Attempt to control yourselves. You're both producing pheromones. You may be sensitive to them now, but eventually they'll become less noticeable. At least until mating season. Come."

The medic walks down the hallway and opens another door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 07:41:47 pm
"You... smell great, too..."
Follow the medic.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 07:46:34 pm
You enter a room with several large scanners in it. The medic help load you and Sharon onto them, and then mans a computer. Slowly you are retracted into the circular chambers. He starts the scan, and a circular disc whirs around you, lasers running over your form. After the machine does this several times, you are pulled back out. The medic helps you up.

"Well, there's nothing glaringly wrong with either of you. Now, come with me. I'll show you to your new rooms."

The medic leaves.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2011, 08:03:08 pm
Follow him.
"How much can we tell the others? Can they know of our identities?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2011, 08:12:09 pm
"They'll know in a week, when we deploy you for your first mission. Until then, you are to be trained to utilize your new bodies to their greatest extent."

The medic enters the elevator, you follow. He pushes a button labeled "B4" and then scans his identification card on a scanner. You go down, and enter onto the floor. You are lead through a few hallways, past various test chambers, into some regular-looking rooms, not too different from the one you already had.

"You two will be given a few hours to rest, then the testing shall start." The medic leaves.

Sharon flops onto her bed. "You know, it is said that in Mandelorian culture, black represents ambition."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 06:44:07 am
Get into my own bed.
"And what's your ambition?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 07:55:06 am
"To...well, that's kind of personal. Wait, why are we in bed? Are you planning on going back to sleep, we woke up about half an hour ago."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 09:48:47 am
"Well, I guess we should relax, the training exercises could be pretty tough. We can just lie here and talk, though. It's not like we can do anything else besides that or sleep. What's silver meant to represent?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 09:57:28 am
"Courage, I think. It's quite a rare color, I've never seen a silver myself. Your eyes are attractive, too."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 10:04:16 am
"You're so unsubtle."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 10:09:27 am
If Sharon were still human, she would probably be blushing.

"It's just these stupid pheromones. I...admire your ruby eyes, though. Such a nice color palette..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 10:21:30 am
"Thanks. Yours are blue, and so deep..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 11:14:03 am
Sharon clacks her pincers. "Well, is there anything that you are particularly interested in now that you're a Mandelorian?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 11:23:01 am
"He said we'd be part Mandelorian and part human, but we seem all Mandelorian to me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 11:38:15 am
"Maybe he misunderstood. I'm guessing that he's not too informed, or not too bright."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 11:42:37 am
"Probably the second one. You think there are some Mandelorians being turned human?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 11:48:09 am
"...That's actually a real possibility. But would we be able to tell? It's stuff like this that keeps me up at night. Is the UMR conducting similar experiments?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 11:49:01 am
"They're most likely doing much more advanced, and much less ethical experiments."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 11:57:07 am
"Yeah. The 'People's' Republic. We're fighting then for a reason, for tyranny."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 11:58:32 am
"You do have to wonder sometimes if we know the whole truth about both sides, though."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 12:03:01 pm
"We never know any truth. We're the soldiers for a reason."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 12:06:35 pm
"I guess we're the pawns. It's one way to earn a living, if you survive."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 12:09:42 pm
"...I'm getting tired of talking...do you like clams?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 12:12:27 pm
"Never tried them as a human, but I have a serious craving for some, now that you mention it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 12:18:22 pm
"We just need to get desensitized to all of these new urges. But...I could really go for some right now. I've seen Mandelorians gobble shellfish up feverishly, though."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 12:21:00 pm
"Where do we get some? Are we allowed to leave the room?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 12:28:38 pm
"We can stay on this floor. Wait, is that a serving station over there?"

Sharon walks over to a machine mounted on the wall, making an odd clacking noise, and a catlike purr. "Our own personal serving station...it serves all of the food I want..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 12:30:36 pm
"I could totally use some algae right now."
See what it serves.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 12:35:15 pm
Algae, clams, crab, calamari, mussels, kelp! You are quite hungry, remembering you didn't have breakfast.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 01:03:28 pm
"Oh... wow!"
Grab a bit of everything, and start eating.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 01:09:27 pm
You grab a tray, and fill it up,  as does Sharon. You enjoy the crunchy texture of the algae and kelp, your new tastebuds accommodated to the regular diet of most Mandelorians. You crack open the clams and mussels, semi-instinctively using your strong pincers, then sucking up the chewy insides. You also use your pincers to crack open the shell of the crab, too. Everything tastes so great!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 01:12:20 pm
"How the hell did I survive eating things as a human?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 02:06:49 pm
"We've really been missing out! Everything is so delicious!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 02:50:55 pm
"I know!"
Get seconds.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 03:07:21 pm
You go back and get more, devouring them as well. Eventually your belly fills, and you both lie down contented.

The medic walks in. "I see you two have been enjoying yourselves? It's time for testing."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 04:28:37 pm
"Shellfish... delicious... delicious shellfish.... Oh, tesing? Okay, I guess."
Get up, and follow him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 05:56:24 pm
"Have you been enjoying your shellfish, then?" The medic enters a testing room, walls painted white, with cameras lining the upper walls. There is a small pad in the middle of the room. The medic enters an observation booth. "Alright, now, Velocity, we'll need you to step onto the pad. And stand still."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 07:34:39 pm
Hop up onto the pad, and stand still.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 07:55:21 pm
"Hold on...your weight is average for a Mandelorian, height a little above average...yes. Alright. Now, Velocity, sit down in the chair. This part is the part that's going to hurt the most, but it is necessary to determine if you have a healthy carapace. Sit down in the chair."

You turn around to see an egg-shaped chair behind you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 08:18:05 pm
Sit down, taking my mind off whatever's about to happen by thinking as hard as I can about new seafood I should try.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 08:25:06 pm
You begin to salivate, or whatever the Mandelorian equivalent is, as you think about trying some tuna rolls, or perhaps salmon? What if you mixed mussels with boiled egg yolks and made a sort of salad with kelp and algae on top? Your pincers clack subconsciously, tinier mandibles in your mouth slowly twitching in anticipation.

A machine arm with a small needle comes down, pressing onto your arm. You feel pressure as more and more force is applied, until eventually it snaps through, lightly stabbing your soft insides underneath!

"Well, it's above average! Alright, now, Sharon, you do the same thing. Velocity, I want you to walk out to the designated area marked by the red light, and then I want you to stretch as much as you can. Touch your toes, go through your full range of motion."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 08:38:09 pm
Rub my arm, and walk past Sharon.
"It's really not so bad... Just imagine... mussels... mixed with egg yolks, with kelp and algae on top..."
Go to the red light, and start stretching.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 08:44:53 pm
Sharon lightens up. Rubbing your arm doesn't do much, seeing as you're just rubbing your hard outer shell.

You start stretching, finding your previous mobility somewhat limited now that you have a layer of living armor on you. It shouldn't cause you trouble, it's just that you might want to rethink participating in any limbo competitions.

"Now, Velocity, I want you to sit down again, and look at the eye chart on the wall. Read as many letters off as you can, starting at the top."

You have noticed that your vision has become somewhat more sensitive to the higher frequencies of the color spectrum. Most colors are the same, but blues, indigos, and violets seem to be much more distinct to you now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 09:13:03 pm
Sit myself down, and read the letters.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 09:15:58 pm
"You have regular vision for a Mandelorian. Alright, now, you might have noticed by now that your hands are slightly different. That is to say, they're armored claws. I want you to pick up the assault rifle supplied to you...now. Then, I want you to disassemble it and reassemble it as fast as possible, then fire at the target down the range as best as you can."

The wall on the far end of the room opens up to reveal a firing range. A gun clatters to the floor.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 09:27:06 pm
Co-ordinate with both my pairs of arms. Disassemble and reassamble it, then fire at the targets, using my second pair of hands to help stabilise it as it fires.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 09:29:55 pm
"...Excellent® coordination. You are good at adapting, Velocity. I'm glad that you were chosen for this. However, you might want to put both of your left hands on the front grip, and both of your hands on the back grip. The way you're holding the sides of the gun looks extremely unprofessional."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 09:47:41 pm
Grumble incomprehensibly, and fire in the way he suggested.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 09:54:23 pm
Your accuracy is much improved.

"Very good. Alright, now, follow me to the next room."

The medic gets up and leaves after Sharon finishes her tests. You enter a room with a large pool in the middle of it.

"This will be testing your abilities in aquatic combat. Now, you should have increased lung capacity as a Mandelorian, with the ability to passively absorb oxygen through your skin. Now, I want you to go through the underwater course we've designed, and hit all of the targets as fast as you can. That is, after you suit up."

The medic indicates two suits of armor on a nearby table, one male, and one female. Both are silver, but are Mandelorian models.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 10:08:55 pm
Try it on.
"Oooh. Matches!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 10:13:37 pm
You are fully equipped for battle. The medic gets in the observation booth and prepares to start the test.

"Alright, now, the layout is to stand on the diving board, dive in, swim over to the first designated area, avoid shooting any hostages, then move through to the next area, shoot all of the targets, then move down into the sunken ship prop and go through each of the rooms. The course record is two minutes. The clock starts as soon as you hit the water. You may go whenever you are ready."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 10:28:25 pm
Begin, giving it all my effort.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 10:30:24 pm
Your vision is quite clear under the water, and you feel you can last a lot longer down here. As you swim along the path, you jump around a doorway, seeing three targets in the shape of enemy soldiers, and three innocent civilians.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 10:45:48 pm
Gun down the evil cardboard soldiers. Contemplate whether I was meant to kill the civilians as I hurry on.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 10:51:20 pm
Those were hostages, and you were not supposed to shoot them. You swim with greater aerodynamics, water flowing over your smooth armor. You reach the second and third rooms, shooting down the cardboard targets, before reaching the ship. You move in and shoot around all of the tight corners, swimming back out quickly. You go up and feel quite fine, not even needing to take a deep breath as you return to the surface.

"That's two minutes, 15 seconds. Very good, Velocity! Now, Sharon, are you ready?"

Sharon dives off the board and goes through the course. She moves quite quickly, going through the first room, second, and third rooms in under 60 seconds. You watch as she enters the ship, coming out only 50 seconds later.

"It's a new record! One minute and 50 seconds! Outstanding, Sharon!"

"Thanks," she says as she comes back up, taking off her helmet.

"Alright, you may both take breaks, now. We'll call you back in three hours."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 11:14:13 pm
"New record? Good job. Time for lunch?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2011, 11:26:34 pm
"Well, yes. You may enjoy more food, if you'd like."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2011, 11:58:18 pm
"I'm just making the most of these cravings while they last. Seems you don't want to, what do you have in mind?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 12:03:38 am
The medic said that.

"Well, that salad idea sounds quite appetizing. Do you want to...share one?" Sharon asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 26, 2011, 12:21:29 am
"Of course. Can we get any eggs or anywhere to boil the yolks?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 12:26:23 am
"Well, we should be able to order boiled eggs, then we can make the salads ourselves. Let's go."

Sharon walks down the hall, a sway in her hips.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 26, 2011, 12:32:58 am
Follow her, trying not to get too entranced by the last part.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 12:38:26 am
You cannot draw your gaze away from her backside. As you enter the cafeteria, a sudden feeling begins to overwhelm you, the scent that fills your crustacean sinuses blocking out almost all form of intelligent thought. The way she's purring, you swear she can't think either.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 26, 2011, 12:48:21 am
Stagger forward, looking for the source of the glorious scent.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 12:52:37 am
The source is her, more specifically her pheromone pods embedded in her abdomen area. She begins stroking your cheek, pincers opening up so that she may kiss you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 26, 2011, 01:01:44 am
Kiss her, dazed by the pheromones.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 01:04:59 am
As you kiss her, you suddenly feel a stretching feeling in your gut, as does she. You begin to start burning, the hard crustacean shell begins to soften, turning pink and squishy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 26, 2011, 01:15:53 am
"Oh dear. We're turning back... We... might feel a little awkward about this when we stop getting the pheromones."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 01:18:22 am
Eventually you both stand naked in the cafeteria, the machines having stopped working.

The medic walks in, his eyes go wide. "What happened!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 26, 2011, 01:23:28 am
"We became human again. It was totally just waiting to happen and wasn't because we made physical contact, right?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 01:25:14 am
"...Hold on, think really hard about being a Mandelorian. I want you to desire to be one."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 26, 2011, 01:42:59 am
Desire awesome swimming abilities, enjoying shellfish, smelling Sharon, and holding two assault rifles.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 06:38:52 am
After a few seconds of intense heat, you stand again as a Mandelorian.

"What...I've never seen nanites bind themselves quite like this to somebody. Did you just will that to happen?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 26, 2011, 08:57:17 am
Try willing myself back to human, and back to Mandelorian again.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 09:00:38 am
It works perfectly, the feelings of intense heat making your form liquid and then shaping it again, you control it as you please.

"...We'll have to look into creating some special armor for you." The medic inspects you.

Sharon does the same thing quite easily.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 26, 2011, 09:09:14 am
"I wonder..."
Try being a human with two extra Mandelorian arms, and pincers on my face.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 09:15:25 am
Surprisingly, it works quite well.

"I've never seen a level of integration like this before..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 26, 2011, 09:24:58 am
"Seems the chief wasn't talking out of his ass after all. We're part Mandelorian, part human. We're as many parts each as we want."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 09:28:39 am
"Well, I still think that shellfish salad idea sounds delicious."

Sharon grows pincers and arms, as well as some armor on her torso and face. She starts preparing her meal.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 26, 2011, 09:32:23 am
Grow myself some armour, optimising flexibility. Also add my pheromone producing parts and my antennae.
Help her prepare it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 09:34:46 am
You're an odd pastiche now, but you're quite stylish. You both prepare the salad, the medic leaves to look through some old projects.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 26, 2011, 09:37:50 am
"This is going to taste good..."
Share it with her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 09:42:58 am
You both sit down and share the delicious meal, devouring it in a matter of minutes.

The medic comes back in. "If you are finished, there is an old project that we worked on that might just be able to work for you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 26, 2011, 11:36:14 am
"What's it involve, doc?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 11:43:30 am
"Special armor that should be able to accommodate your shifting form. The project was set aside after completion and was never used due to a lack of situations that it would be useful."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 26, 2011, 04:35:56 pm
"That sounds useful. I'll try it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 04:39:45 pm
"Alright, just follow me and we'll get you fitted."

The medic moves down the hall.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 26, 2011, 06:35:04 pm
Follow him.
See if I can have four human arms.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 06:42:11 pm
This odd combination works, and you now have four normal arms.

As you walk down the hallway, you pass a human doctor escorting a Mandelorian with a dark red shell. The Mandelorian seems unfocused and woozy, but he stumbles over to you.

"HeLLO...fellow cITIzen...isn't...isn't it a GLORIOUS day for us, the FAIthful and LOYAL followers...OF Crion? I'm SO glad that I saw the ERroRS of my ways, aND AGREED whole...heartedly...to SERve the BETTER cause...AGainST the UMR, whICH UNTil receNTLY...I THOught was the right SiDE to FIghT for...BUT you have cONVINCED me to FIGHT for the WINNING SIDE."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 26, 2011, 06:53:26 pm
"Was he brainwashed?"

Try to grow a fifth arm extending from the top of my left shoulder.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 06:55:59 pm
That's beyond the scope of your abilities.

"Not at all!" the scientist escorting him says, "he's just...really happy to be working for the good side!"

The scientist tries to lead the Mandelorian down the hall. You notice that a chunk of shell on the back of its neck has been tampered with.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 26, 2011, 07:05:04 pm
Clack my pincers, tilting my head.
"What's that on the back of his neck?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 07:06:20 pm
"It's just a tender spot. He recently got...injured in battle! Yes, and so we took him in and fixed him up."

The doctor keeps trying to move the Mandelorian, but he can't seem to get him to budge.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 26, 2011, 07:16:14 pm
"You aren't convincing in the slightest. This wasn't a battle injury. This was deliberate tampering!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 07:17:09 pm
"What do you mean? This...this isn't tampering!"

The broken plate falls off, revealing a large stitched-up scar on the back of the Mandelorian's neck.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 26, 2011, 07:34:46 pm
"So you're saying the "bullets" JUST HAPPENED to land in this pattern?"
Address the Mandalorian.
"You can tell me what really happened, if you still have free will."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 07:39:19 pm
"I...FiGHt FOR...THE CRIONESE, and...for the FREEDOM...of the TwIN WOrlds..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 26, 2011, 07:48:48 pm
"Listen to how you're speaking for a moment. If somebody talked to you like that, would you think they were in their right mind?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 07:52:21 pm
The Mandelorian begins to breathe heavily, shaking his head.

"My...CAuse is...NOBle...I...I...WHY AM I SPEAKING THIS BLASPHEMY!?"

The Mandelorian tackles you, beginning to choke you! The doctors scramble, attempting to find some way to separate both of you!

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 26, 2011, 08:09:48 pm
Use my extra digits to my advantage, using all 20 to try prying his claws off my neck. Kick him off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 26, 2011, 08:18:58 pm
You kick him off after prying his hands off of your throat. The prisoner looks around, confused. He begins to run off, he begins slowing down, eventually slowing to a crawl, and then stopping. Slowly, stiffly he gets back up.

"I AM sOrRY...I PROmise that WiLL not HAPpen agAIn..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 27, 2011, 08:22:07 am
"This is sick! You're keeping him as a mental prisoner! If he wants to serve the UMR and die in battle for them, that's his bloody choice!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 27, 2011, 08:24:53 am
"He's a prisoner of war!" shouts the human scientist. "What we did to him is NOTHING compared to what they're doing to our boys!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 27, 2011, 09:25:18 am
"Does that make it right? For all I know you're doing worse anyway! I'm supposedly fighting against the UMR for their oppression! This is pretty damn disillusioning!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 27, 2011, 09:32:57 am
"Yes...ThE UMR OpPrESses...ITs OwN PEOPLE." The Mandelorian stumbles into a wall.

"Perhaps we may get fitted now?" asks the medic.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 27, 2011, 09:33:47 am
"This is just sick..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 27, 2011, 09:41:48 am
You follow the medic, eventually coming into a room with armor on display.

"Alright, I'll need you to try this on. Don't worry if it's a little small at first."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 27, 2011, 09:43:58 am
Put it on, silently.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 27, 2011, 10:44:53 am
"...Are you upset by what you saw in the hallway?"

The suit stretches to fit your figure, while still retaining the same level of durability and toughness.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 27, 2011, 01:13:26 pm
Say one word, angrily.
"Yes."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 27, 2011, 01:47:59 pm
"Revolution spawns a series of atrocities. Prisoners of war...we take anger out on them, the defenseless, stripped of weapons, broken. However, I dread to think what the UMR is doing to our soldiers behind the closed doors."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 27, 2011, 02:56:38 pm
"What are you doing to theirs behind closed doors?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 27, 2011, 03:06:21 pm
"I wouldn't know, I only attend to this project, but I'm willing to guess they're how we...were able to give you those implements in the first place."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 27, 2011, 06:10:04 pm
Clench all four fists tightly.
"I feel filthy now. This isn't righteous..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 27, 2011, 06:30:04 pm
"War isn't righteous. It's greedy, really. All of it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 27, 2011, 06:45:08 pm
"I know. Why am I fighting, exactly?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 27, 2011, 06:47:49 pm
"I believe you're fighting because you were drafted. We're fighting because we're afraid what would happen should we lose. The government is fighting over a land grab."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 27, 2011, 06:56:11 pm
"Just out of total curiousity, what's the penalty for desertion?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 27, 2011, 06:59:37 pm
"Desertion? Well, normally they would track you down and then lock you up in jail for going AWOL, but considering that you've participated in this project, I doubt they would let you get away all that easily. Where would you go?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 27, 2011, 07:07:36 pm
"I don't know. Is this war taking up every accessible region of the universe?"
Is Sharon here?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 27, 2011, 07:10:23 pm
Sharon is here, she just hasn't had much to say since she saw what happened.

"Are you suggesting a mission to the outer planets? That seems far-fetched, especially considering that we have basically no major installations out there. You'd need a shuttle, and that fact alone pretty much stops you from going anywhere. The CASA won't be launching any shuttles anytime soon."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 27, 2011, 07:26:10 pm
"Well, there are two planets to hide on, are there not..? Sharon... Do you think we should..?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 27, 2011, 07:29:00 pm
"Velocity, maybe we should rethink this. Alright, so we've done some bad things, but what are we going to accomplish by deserting? I don't think we would prove anything, and we would probably end up dead in the process. I know you might not like it, but we should just stay for now."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 27, 2011, 07:47:42 pm
"Alright, but if we get a good opportunity, will you?"
Turn to the medic.
"Will you... keep quiet about this conversation?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 27, 2011, 07:49:50 pm
"Absolutely," he says solemnly.

After you and Sharon have tried on your armor, and are fully outfitted, the medic attends to a personal message. "Hmm, it seems that your presence is requested in the chief's office. Alright, are you willing to go?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 27, 2011, 08:00:13 pm
"Not really, but it's that or get into a firefight in a base full of civillians. Thanks for everything, doc."
Head to the chief's office.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 27, 2011, 08:01:59 pm
"Wait, be sure to appear normal up there! We don't want word of this getting out yet!"

You enter the elevator, and press the button. It starts to take you up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 27, 2011, 08:14:54 pm
Appear totally mandelorian, knowing full well that's not what he means, but wanting to stir up a fuss without accepting any responsibility.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 27, 2011, 08:18:57 pm
You turn completely Mandelorian, but nobody takes much notice as you step out of the elevator.

"Chief's office is this way," says Sharon, moving down the hall.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2011, 10:50:28 am
"Accidentally" turn one of my lower arms human as I follow her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2011, 11:28:03 am
You turn one of your arms human, but nobody notices because the armor covers it up. You enter the chief's office, and he motions for you to take a seat.

"How has the training been going so far?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2011, 11:29:21 am
Sit down, and transform into a human.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2011, 11:39:20 am
"...I see. Son, what would you say if I told you that I would let you lead a black ops mission as head of your own squad?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2011, 11:49:37 am
Say as devoid of emotion as possible.
"Yes."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2011, 11:57:09 am
"...We were getting to that part. Son, your first mission is to infiltrate an enemy base across the Montaya River, a few hundred kilometers from here. I suppose you know all of your suit's abilities, yes?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2011, 09:55:19 pm
"They change shape with us, yes. Anything else, no."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2011, 10:06:36 pm
"What if I told you that you can also change the color and design of them to impersonate UMR soldiers?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2011, 07:17:00 am
"I would try it."
Change to colour and design of my armour to that of the enemy's bodies at where I woke up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2011, 09:23:24 am
The suit becomes heavier, with more mass, the smooth contours becoming blocky plates. The design and color changes to the soldiers of the UMR as you remember them.

"You know son, you're able to so everything you need to to infiltrate that base and retrieve some important documents."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2011, 11:21:08 am
"Which documents?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2011, 11:29:52 am
"Documents pertaining to enemy information. More specifically, enemy information pertaining to current operations in this region. Getting those documents will give us a large tactical advantage."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2011, 06:58:47 pm
"Understood. When do we leave?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2011, 07:03:40 pm
"I'll give you several days. It's important that you gain mastery of your skills first, and spend some time getting to know your squad. You're going to be trusting your life to these people, it would be best to at least get to know them first...son, you seem upset. Is something wrong?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2011, 07:18:32 pm
"No, I'm a soldier, I don't have emotions. Emotions, morality, and common decency impede efficiency, as is the common work ethic here."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2011, 07:20:49 pm
"That's good to hear. If we're going to defeat the UMR, we need people like you. Would you like to meet your team?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2011, 07:37:43 pm
Resist the urge to facepalm.
"Yes. What about Sharon? Does she get her own squad?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2011, 07:47:48 pm
"You will both cooperate to command your squad." The chief pushes a button on his desk. "Please send in the special-ops members that I asked for," he says into the COM-system.

Shortly after, Dave, Lans, Zinn, a Mandelorian with an orange shell and yellow eyes, and a human medic show up. "Men, these are your superiors, Velocity and Sharon. You are to work with them as a special-ops unit, and obey their orders without question."

"YES SIR," they all say.

The chief inspects them. "Hold on," he says, pushing the button again. "Hey, weren't there supposed to be six men here? I only see five."

"I'm sorry sir, he's not ready yet," says a man on the other end.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S NOT READY!?" The chief slams his fist onto his desk. "Well, when WILL he be ready, then!?"

"Well, we've run into complications, but he should be ready by tomorrow," says the man on the other end.

The chief ends the conversation. "Sorry about that."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2011, 07:55:09 pm
"There's really no problem, sir. We're in no hurry."
Address the squad.
"Okay, we both know Dave, Lars and Zinn, but I don't know you two. What are your names?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2011, 08:02:15 pm
"Niwo, sir!" says the Mandelorian, saluting you.
"Hector, sir!" says the medic, also saluting you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2011, 08:14:37 pm
Transform into a human with four arms, saluting them back with one hand, and offering a handshake with two others.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2011, 08:17:58 pm
"Whoa!" says Dave.
"Awesome!" says Lans.
Everybody else gasps. Zinn looks somewhat shocked, and then somewhat disgusted.

"Men, Velocity and Sharon have undergone nanite injections that allow them to take on characteristics of Mandelorians and humans. Just don't tell anybody, okay?"

"Yes sir!" says everybody.

"Good. You are dismissed. Get to know each other."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2011, 08:30:28 pm
"Understood, sir."
Leave, talk to Zinn on the way out.
"Zinn, you seem offended. Speak freely, off the record."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2011, 08:40:36 pm
"...Did you just grow two additional arms? What else are you capable of?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2011, 08:46:43 pm
When nobody outside the squad is watching, transform slowly from human to mandelorian, through many different stages between them, while talking.
"Both Sharon and I are capable of having any combination of human and mandelorian anatomy."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2011, 08:48:37 pm
Zinn looked slightly disgusted before, but now he appears to be quite offended. Niwo just eyes you oddly.

"...I can't believe they'd do this! This...this is wrong! I-wait, you're silver?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2011, 09:03:18 pm
"I'm less disgusted at this than I am at the brainwashed UMR Mandelorian I found in the corridor. I don't mind being two species, but it does bring up massive ethical concerns, Zinn. I don't think either side is justified. And yes, Niwo, I'm silver. Courage, correct?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2011, 09:05:53 pm
"Wait, what!?"

Zinn's cry turns a few heads. He stops, and waits for everybody to start moving again.

"They brainwashed enemy soldiers down there? What...what else are they doing?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2011, 09:19:18 pm
"I'm unaware of that, but I reckon it'd make brainwashing look like a nice kelp salad."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2011, 09:22:47 pm
"So you've acquired our tastes as well? Velocity, in about three months I recommend that you stay human. Mating season and all. Who do you suppose that missing squad member could be?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 30, 2011, 06:22:35 am
"Oh, yeah, pheromones, I've already ended u-"
Cough.
"Well, I don't actually know anybody apart from you lot, the chief, and the medic who did this experiment. He's not a bad guy, he's pretty critical of the whole 'secret unethical experiments' thing. If it isn't him then it's somebody I haven't met yet."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 30, 2011, 11:37:55 am
"So, should we find somewhere more comfortable to have a chat, then?" asks Niwo.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 30, 2011, 06:32:14 pm
"Do we have a room or something?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 30, 2011, 06:32:59 pm
"Well, we've got the lounge, we should be able to discuss in there."

Zinn begins walking off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 30, 2011, 06:37:24 pm
Follow him to the lounge.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 30, 2011, 06:43:13 pm
Your group sets up in the lounge, you all sit around the table.

Sharon sits next to you, her pheromones indicating she has shifted to her Mandelorian form.

"Alright, are we just going to play cards or are we going to discuss something?" asks David.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 30, 2011, 06:50:17 pm
"Well, what do you want to discuss?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 30, 2011, 06:52:15 pm
"...Tell us about the experiment you participated in, and what you saw down there in B3. Nobody goes down there without participating in something experimental," whispers Niwo.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 30, 2011, 06:56:00 pm
"Besides the brainwashing, I didn't see anything to do with any other experiments. Basically they injected us with these nanites that change our genetic code or something."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 30, 2011, 06:57:59 pm
"I don't like it. It really seems wrong to me," says Zinn.

"Well, the brainwashing seems really clean compared to some rumors I've heard about UMR experiments," says Lans.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 30, 2011, 07:16:08 pm
"Rumours, Lans, rumours. This is only the experiment they had walking around the corridor with a couple of scientists, what do they keep in the more secure parts?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 30, 2011, 07:18:27 pm
"...Oh. Right." Lans whispers something to David.

"So, you two are going to infiltrate the enemy base, then? If that's all, what should we do?" asks Hector.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 30, 2011, 07:28:21 pm
"I'm not entirely sure about that bit. Refresh my memory, does the UMR use humans? I forgot a bit in that last battle."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 30, 2011, 07:30:33 pm
"Yes, both species are on both sides. Really, it has more to do with nationality and ideology than it does with species," says Zinn. "They're fighting for communism, not for their species."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 30, 2011, 07:52:04 pm
"Communism works in theory, but in practice it's the same thing as fascism. Our suits can change into UMR ones, but if we can get some real UMR armour, we can all infiltrate. I could lead some of you, and Sharon could lead some of you, and we could get files from different places."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 30, 2011, 07:55:27 pm
"Actually," says David, "we're all here as support. We work as a unit, so support isn't exactly out of the question for us. Simply put, you two could walk in and take the documents while we all wait a safe distance away and give you info or hack into the mainframe or something like that. You know?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 30, 2011, 08:15:29 pm
"That makes things more convenient. We'll do that, then. Well, tell me about yourselves, where have you served?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 30, 2011, 08:20:06 pm
"Well, David and I have served as engineers, mostly technical stuff," says Lans.
"I'm a medic," says Hector.
"My name is Niwo, I have served in the infantry," says Niwo.
"I have also served in the infantry," says Zinn.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 30, 2011, 08:38:07 pm
"I'm still quite tired, anything you want to ask or talk about, Sharon?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 30, 2011, 08:41:05 pm
"Well, what do you think the UMR is experimenting with? I mean, if we've got nanites that can do this to us, could they have nanites that do other things? I'm not sure what, it's just this seems like quite a new frontier in technology, form becoming non-constant, shifting, imperfections phasing out as nanites erase all flaws in appearance and genetics. You know?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on April 30, 2011, 08:50:35 pm
"You're right. Nanites are completely changing the face of war, and they'll probably change other things. You've just brought it to my paranoid attention, however, that any of you could be a UMR spy..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 30, 2011, 09:05:02 pm
Everybody looks at you like you're an idiot.

"...Um, no we're not?" says David, laughing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 01, 2011, 07:40:43 am
Smile, making it clear that I'm joking.
"That's what a spy would say!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 01, 2011, 09:10:47 am
Everybody realizes you're not serious, they break out into laughter.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 01, 2011, 06:08:35 pm
Enjoy the forced laughter as one of the perks of leadership.
"What's the time, anyway?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 01, 2011, 06:23:38 pm
"It should be about 1530 hours, sir," says Hector.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 01, 2011, 07:48:32 pm
"Okay, I guess we should play cards or something. What game are we playing?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 01, 2011, 07:53:43 pm
"How much have you got on ya?" asks Lans.
"Well, I've got 2000 of YOUR credits, so I guess I've got enough," Dave says. Lans punches Dave on the arm, Dave laughs.
"How about some crazy eights? I don't know," says Hector.
Zinn gets up. "I don't gamble," he says.
Niwo gets up with Zinn. "I guess I don't gamble either."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 01, 2011, 08:03:25 pm
"I never said we'd actually bet anything. Just something fun to do while we talk."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 01, 2011, 08:07:37 pm
Zinn and Niwo sit back down. "Well, that and I don't really know how to play any card games."
"We could start with Texas Hold 'Em, then. That's really simple," says Hector.
Sharon appears to be considering the geographic ramifications of this statement, considering you're in a setting where Texas would most likely be nonexistent or irrelevant to this culture.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 01, 2011, 08:19:53 pm
"Sure. What the hell is Texas, anyway?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 01, 2011, 08:24:45 pm
"Some weird lingo that whoever invented this game used. I don't know." Lans begins dealing cards to everyone, explaining the rules to Zinn and Niwo.

"Alright, we're not playing for keeps here. We do have poker chips on hand," he says, passing out 200 chips to everyone. Everyone throws in their blinds, and David goes first, sitting left of the dealer. "Check."

You look at your hand, you've got a six of diamonds and a jack of hearts.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 01, 2011, 08:45:52 pm
Excuse me while I shamelessly google the rules to this game.

EDIT: I'm officially even more confused now. Say "Check" in as confident a manner possible, and hope I did it right.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 01, 2011, 08:54:05 pm
Everybody else agrees to check.

The resulting flop consists of a six of clubs, an eight of spades, and a queen of clubs.

"I bet 30," says David.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 01, 2011, 09:04:22 pm
"I bet thirty-five."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 01, 2011, 09:07:14 pm
You have just raised five.

"Huh. I fold." Sharon puts down her cards.
"I'm calling," says Zinn.
"I guess I call too," says Niwo.
"Fold," says Hector.
"Call," says Lans.
"I call," says David, throwing in five extra chips.

The next card comes up, it's a three of hearts.

"I check," says David.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 01, 2011, 09:18:20 pm
Wonder why Zinn hasn't reached out and slapped Niwo yet.
"So do I."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 01, 2011, 09:20:31 pm
"I bet 50 chips," says Zinn.
"...I guess I bet 50 chips too," says Niwo.
"I fold," says Lans.
"Ha! Okay, I'm out." David folds.
It's your call.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 01, 2011, 09:29:50 pm
Address Zinn coolly and calmly.
"I raise you twenty."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 01, 2011, 09:32:48 pm
Zinn looks at his hand, then back at you.

"All in."
"I...I guess I go all in too," says Niwo.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 01, 2011, 09:44:47 pm
"All in."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 01, 2011, 09:48:51 pm
You all go all in. Those in play reveal their hands for the showdown.

It appears that you have only a pair of sixes at the moment. Zinn has a two pair of eights and queens. Niwo has pocket fives, but nothing else.

The last card is revealed to be a five of diamonds. This indicates that Niwo has three of a kind and beats out Zinn's two pair and your pair of sixes. You and Zinn have busted out.

"Ho! That was lucky!" says David.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 01, 2011, 09:55:21 pm
"That was. Well done, Niwo. Are we playing again, or should we play Blackjack?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 01, 2011, 09:56:40 pm
"Well, we can't play again until this game is finished! It's not my fault that you suck at hold 'em!" says David.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 02, 2011, 07:30:49 am
"Oh, right, I thought that was a game finished. I totally wasn't listening when Lans explained the rules."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 02, 2011, 07:33:07 am
Everybody continues playing. Eventually Sharon busts out, Niwo has no idea what to do and busts out shortly afterward.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 02, 2011, 07:38:40 am
Keep bluffing my way through a game that confuses me both by name and nature.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 02, 2011, 07:42:22 am
You bluff your way through the game while not being able to play it due to losing all of your chips.

Eventually David comes down to winning with a spade flush against Lans with a two pair of kings and 10s. They both get into a scrap.

"Well, that was enjoyable," says Hector.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 02, 2011, 07:44:09 am
"Maybe we should try something else. What else is there to do around here?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 02, 2011, 07:46:56 am
"Well, do you want to get some lunch?" asks Lans. "I'm kind of hungry."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 02, 2011, 07:50:17 am
Am I Mandelorian or human?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 02, 2011, 07:52:29 am
You happen to be Mandelorian at the moment.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 02, 2011, 07:54:40 am
Suddenly start thinking about seafood.
"I could use some... lunch, too. When am I going to stop drooling whenever I think of seafood?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 02, 2011, 07:58:27 am
"You're just adjusting. You'll drool less after a while," says Niwo.

Everybody gets up and starts to head to the mess hall.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 02, 2011, 08:03:31 am
Head there with them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 02, 2011, 08:04:36 am
You enter the mess hall, everyone starts filling up at the serving stations.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 02, 2011, 08:08:16 am
Fill up on more seafood, and sit with them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 02, 2011, 08:28:54 am
You and Sharon sit with Zinn and Niwo.

"So, I take it that you're having strong urges?" asks Zinn.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 02, 2011, 05:37:23 pm
Start eating.
"If you're referring to seafood, yes. If you're referring to... well... uh... that's a more complicated matter."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 02, 2011, 05:40:34 pm
"I just want to say," Zinn says with seriousness, "that nobody here, not even those scientists know the full consequences of reproduction between two subjects with nanite modifications. But, I would suggest you try to resist them. You see, in our culture, eggs laid outside of mating season are looked down upon, their parents are viewed as lacking self-control and as being impulsive."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 02, 2011, 05:52:33 pm
"Uhh... it hasn't gone that far, but now I realise I probably need to watch a Mandalorian sex-ed video or something, just in case, well..."
Cough.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 02, 2011, 05:54:45 pm
"I'm sorry if I've already asked this question," says Niwo, "but who do you think the last guy's going to be, you know, in our squad? The one that wasn't here today."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 02, 2011, 06:13:52 pm
Do well at hiding my seething rage.
"You did, and I've got no idea."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 02, 2011, 06:15:14 pm
Niwo looks at you funnily. "You seem angry, is there something wrong?"
Zinn looks at Niwo, then back to you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 02, 2011, 06:31:40 pm
Calm down.
"No, Niwo, there's nothing wrong, don't worry about it."
Keep eating.
"So, did you two know each other before this squad?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 02, 2011, 06:34:24 pm
"Well," says Zinn, "no. We just met each other at boot camp and hey, we shared similar interests. Niwo and I both like fishing and literature. He agrees with me a lot, don't you, Niwo?"
"Yes," says Niwo.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 03, 2011, 05:17:25 pm
"I noticed. Anyway, good to see we're not starting from scratch."
Keep eating.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 03, 2011, 05:21:55 pm
"So, tomorrow we're most likely going to be going through a training scenario. You know, a simulation," says Sharon. "They wouldn't send us in blind, not like this."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 03, 2011, 05:28:40 pm
"Sounds like fun. Know anything specific about it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 03, 2011, 05:31:38 pm
"Well, we should meet our last teammate, and then we'll go through the exercise. It's going to simulate covertly infiltrating the base, we should have schematics for the general things, but what we're going to do is sneak into a plywood shack and then secure entry for the rest of the team to also sneak into the plywood shack. Just so you know, the UMR base isn't actually a plywood shack, it's actually made of reinforced concrete and steel."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 03, 2011, 05:40:06 pm
"You had me worried there for a second. This new team member is starting to bug me, I guess we'll find out tomorrow."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 03, 2011, 05:42:34 pm
"It's only four," she says. "Perhaps we should meet up and have a little 'get to know you' party with the rest of the group?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 03, 2011, 06:00:24 pm
"You're totally in charge of the social stuff, I don't have the vaguest notion how to get everybody liking eachother."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 03, 2011, 06:03:45 pm
"Velocity, we're leaders. If you don't get to know your teammates, how do you suppose you're going to create a cohesive unit?" Sharon looks disappointed. Hector, David, and Lans are sitting across the mess hall.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 03, 2011, 06:12:41 pm
"I'm good with getting to know them, I'm just best at that one on one. I also have to make sure they all get to know eachother, though."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 03, 2011, 06:15:37 pm
"Well, let's get started," says Sharon, getting Niwo and Zinn up and walking them over.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 03, 2011, 06:26:56 pm
Go with them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 03, 2011, 06:33:02 pm
"Hey, so, we kind of need to get to know each other. So, after lunch, let's meet up in the lounge and just...talk," says Sharon to the others.

The others nod, and resume eating.

"I hope you like talking," says Sharon, turning to you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2011, 05:58:25 pm
"Problem is I totally can't think of anything to talk about. Training... previous service... family... all stuff everyone's been asked about thousands of times."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2011, 06:02:16 pm
The Mandelorian medic from earlier comes up to you. "You two? We need you for additional tests. I need you to come down as soon as possible, it's important that everything's working correctly."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2011, 06:08:48 pm
Address my squad.
"Okay, we have to go off for more testing. We'll meet up with you in the lounge later, okay?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2011, 06:15:19 pm
Everyone waves goodbye to you as you follow the medic back to the elevator and into the labs. You enter into a room with a variety of weapons, the walls lined with pistols, assault rifles, and submachine guns.

"Now, as a Mandelorian you may have noticed that you have four arms. It's important that you learn to utilize them to their full extent. For example, you can wield multiple weapons. Take your pick."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2011, 06:24:27 pm
Take an assault rifle and two pistols.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2011, 06:28:19 pm
You take an assault rifle, wielding it with your top pair of hands. Then, in each of your bottom hands, you wield one pistol.

"Alright, now, I am assuming these are your weapons of choice. Try to hit each of the targets to the best of your ability, alright? You will be scored on accuracy and efficiency. Keep in mind, you cannot aim with your bottom pair of arms, at least not as well."

You hear a timer countdown, and then a buzzer signals the start of the test as targets pop out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2011, 06:33:26 pm
Hold the pistols in my top hands, firing at the targets, shooting in the general direction with my assault rifle if three targets show up at once.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2011, 06:39:50 pm
Your aim is quite impeccable, the hipfire from the assault rifle is still accurate, but less so than your pistol fire. The buzzer buzzes again, the targets stop coming up.

"Let's see...you hit 28 out of 30 targets, fired 137 bullets, and had 78 percent accuracy with the pistols, and 56 percent accuracy with the assault rifle. Alright, you may exit the chamber now."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2011, 06:42:32 pm
Do so.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2011, 06:47:43 pm
Sharon moves in, and a few minutes later she comes back out.

"Well, you both show a good amount of adaptation. Now, we're going to need to inject you with another batch of nanites, follow me," says the medic.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2011, 05:46:48 pm
"Ah, yes, more syringes."
Follow him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2011, 05:51:44 pm
The medic leads you to the surgery room. You sit down, and the medic pulls out a syringe full of the gray syrup.

"Now, this enhancement will form a special 'private radio network' between you and anybody else with this same injection. Any questions?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2011, 05:57:37 pm
"Will it work through my brainwaves or will I actually have to speak? How far should the range be?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2011, 06:01:19 pm
"No speaking is required on your part, and you can actively send or receive messages with your brainwaves. The range should be about 50 miles."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2011, 06:08:00 pm
"Could be very useful, if it works. Go ahead."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2011, 06:12:58 pm
"You'll be glad to know we've already implemented this in other special ops units."

The medic injects the syringe into your arm, you feel the same burning sensation as last time, except this time it mainly focuses on your head.

"In a few moments you should be able to hold a conversation with your partner."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2011, 06:17:39 pm
"Wait, so if we encounter them, will they hear us?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2011, 06:21:29 pm
"Well, they'll most likely be on a different frequency. You'd have to calibrate your frequencies in order to hear each other."

You hear a sound like radio static, and then you hear Sharon's voice.

Hello? Hello? Can anybody hear me?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2011, 06:42:34 pm
Copy. You getting this?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2011, 06:45:35 pm
I can hear you...nobody else can hear us right now. If you've got anything you'd like to tell me privately, now's the time.

"Does it work?" asks the medic.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2011, 07:58:13 am
"Yes, it works perfectly."
Well... I guess I should ask... Was that... just pheromones back there..?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2011, 08:01:39 am
Pheromones? Nah, not completely. I did kind of like your personality beforehand.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2011, 07:29:14 pm
I kind of like yours, too. But on another matter, we could totally go MIA during the infiltration mission, very easily... It wouldn't prove anything, but it'd stop us taking part in such a dark war, especially as Special Ops... Here's the part where I hope they're not just pretending not to hear us.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2011, 07:52:10 pm
I think that course of action wouldn't be wise. It can't be that bad...I hope.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2011, 07:56:15 pm
This is only our first mission, they don't want to scare us off too quickly. Soon we could be interrogating... or worse...
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2011, 08:01:25 pm
It hasn't come to that. We'll see what happens.

The medic is waving his hands in front of your face.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2011, 08:07:36 pm
"We're talking."
But suppose we end up in an interrogation room with a UMR soldier tied to a chair, it'll be too late then, won't it? We'll be seperate from the squad, we'll be disguised, we'll be in enemy territory. We might never get another opportunity like this.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2011, 08:11:19 pm
I just...don't have the courage to do that. So what if we disguise ourselves as the UMR and then stay in that base? They'll find out that we're not legitimate UMR soldiers sooner or later, and then they'll want to kill us, or worse. Not to mention that doing so would immediately make us enemies of the state, and the chief would want our heads. Wait, won't the rest of our squad be getting injected with this technology as well?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2011, 08:17:59 pm
We'd have to maintain radio silence after we begin our escape. We're going to be escaping the base anyway, but we can make a run for it instead. I think I can pull this off, you'd just have to trust me, but I won't go without you. Besides, if I did, they'd start asking you questions.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2011, 08:20:29 pm
Velocity, are you sure we should go through with this? I mean, think about it. Where do we go, what do we do in the long run? We need to think these things through up to MONTHS in advance, we can't just go AWOL in several days and then know what to do from there! I...I'm sorry. You can do whatever you want, I won't stop you, but I cannot do this.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2011, 08:29:43 pm
I'm not having you tortured because of my actions. I don't like this, but I guess I'm staying. Anything absolutely deplorable is your job, though.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2011, 08:31:24 pm
I understand.

Sharon stops talking.

"Well, I suppose it works, then?" asks the medic.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2011, 08:40:53 pm
"Indeed it does. What next?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2011, 08:44:18 pm
"Well, I'm going to call the rest of your team down here to get them injected. It's mandatory for special ops units. Then, you'll be able to wirelessly communicate with your entire squad. How does that sound?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2011, 08:56:19 pm
"Sounds useful. Are we able to use this to talk with a specific person with it privately, rather than to all our squadmates within 50 miles?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2011, 08:57:51 pm
"Well, yes. You could do that," says the medic. "After all, having open conversations with everybody at once could get noisy."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2011, 09:29:45 am
"That's good. Thank you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2011, 10:29:59 am
The medic checks a small PDA.

"...The chief requests your presence again."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2011, 11:52:08 am
"He is totally trying to bug us, isn't he? We'll go see him, then."
Get up, and walk towards the Chief's office.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2011, 12:16:01 pm
You meet up with Sharon in the hallway before proceeding to the chief's office. He is sitting in his chair, a UMR soldier standing silently next to him.

"Now," he says, turning around, "sometimes the best way to infiltrate an enemy fortress is to use a member of the enemy side. This may come as a surprise to you, but this is a genuine UMR soldier standing next to me. Soldier, salute to your superiors."

The soldier salutes to you. "PRIVATE LUUKNER, REPORTING FOR DUTY, SIRS," he says robotically.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2011, 01:20:38 pm
Stare in total horror.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2011, 01:22:44 pm
"...What? He's not going to hurt you! You don't have to worry son, the boys down in the lab have worked out all of the kinks in the system! I can guarantee you that he will not shoot you in the back!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2011, 01:24:40 pm
"Sir, this is a joke, right?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2011, 01:29:12 pm
"A joke? What do you mean by 'joke,' son? You'll be working with private Luukner here to infiltrate the UMR base. He knows how to get in, get past security, little things like that. So, if you let him do all of the talking, you should be fine."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2011, 01:32:06 pm
Just nod.
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? SERIOUSLY? THEY'RE USING THE FUCKING BRAINWASHED SOLDIER AGAINST THEIR OWN PEOPLE? WHAT THE FUCK?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2011, 01:37:33 pm
I was secretly afraid of this. Velocity, we're going to have to work with this Mandelorian, but if the control isn't as perfect as they claim it is, then maybe upon seeing the implications behind his actions, he'll snap out of it? I don't know, we just have to work with him for now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2011, 01:48:42 pm
I can't do this! This'll screw us over both ways! Either this guy stays enslaved, or he realises what's going on and exposes us in the UMR base!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2011, 01:54:19 pm
"Tell me, chief," says Sharon aloud, "do you know how this technology works?"
"You mean what we're using on this soldier?" asks the chief. "Well, I'm not well-versed in the technical details behind it. If you're really curious, I'm sure some of the boys in the lab know."

Well, there might be a third way out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2011, 06:02:56 pm
I can't think of a third way that doesn't involve us running away, yet also doesn't involve keeping him as our little brainwashed pet.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2011, 06:05:59 pm
Perhaps if we...this is risky, weaken the device so he can free himself, or deliberately set up whatever device that's controlling him to fail at a specific point in time?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2011, 06:19:02 pm
But then what do we do? The chief'll be asking where his drone went if we free him. Unless Luukner bluffs his way through betraying his own people, which I doubt he'd do if he has any loyalty to the UMR.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2011, 06:22:48 pm
Well, I don't think the chief would be suspicious if the UMR were to discover that this soldier is augmented with a mind control device. There's still plenty of room for him to act oddly. Yes, what if we were to lead them to discover it? Then I would assume they would do whatever they could to remove it, and then he wouldn't have to work against his own nation.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2011, 06:34:16 pm
And then the UMR brutally kills us or puts what they learn about brainwashing into practice on the Crionese soldiers that strolled right into their base.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2011, 06:36:11 pm
Oh...right. If there really isn't any way to do this, then I guess we just have to leave him like this. It's terrible, but we can't change it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2011, 06:51:49 pm
IF, and that's an IF we can get a reliable way to time EXACTLY when the brainwashing will break down, we can come up with some bullshit reason for him to stay behind in the UMR base 'just for a few hours,' then leave as he breaks free.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2011, 06:54:20 pm
We might be able to talk the medic into it. He seems to be against it, and he'll understand.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2011, 07:11:25 pm
Okay. After we meet with the others at wherever the hell it was I told them to wait for us at, we'll go find him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2011, 07:13:15 pm
Alright.

"...Well, if we're all okay with this plan, then I trust that you'll keep this soldier safe until you break into the base. Alright, you are all dismissed."

Luukner salutes, then walks over and stands next to you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2011, 07:33:37 pm
Leave. When we're a safe distance away, talk to Luukner very quietly.
"I don't know if the real part of you will hear this, but you're being brainwashed, and both of us find that sickening. You can fight for the UMR- it's your choice, but you're being forced to fight against your own people."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2011, 07:39:55 pm
"BUT SIR, I WAS BORN TO FIGHT FOR CRION. I AM A CRIONESE SOLDIER. THAT TALK IS SILLY."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2011, 07:48:42 pm
"Really? Where were you born? Where were you trained?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2011, 07:55:44 pm
"BORN IN THE YEAR 1853, IN THE CRIONESE CAPITAL OF MORESO, SIR. TRAINED IN THE CRIONESE MILITARY ACADEMY OF MORESO, SIR."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2011, 08:08:55 pm
"They've given you false memories, but why did the chief repeatedly call you a UMR Soldier?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2011, 08:10:58 pm
"BECAUSE...I AM...PRETENDING TO BE A UMR SOLDIER...SIR."

He appears to be tensing up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2011, 08:25:51 pm
"But why would the chief make such a point of saying that you are in fact a real UMR Soldier if you aren't really, and you haven't been told not to tell me you're just pretending?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2011, 08:31:39 pm
Velocity, we don't want the device to fail here, or else they'll just saddle him up with more tech.

"IT'S...REALLY GOOD FOR...THE MISSION...IT HELPS ME...GeT IntO THE RoLe?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2011, 09:15:31 pm
Ugh, you're right. If we can get somewhere more private where nobody can hear him make a scene, then we can calm him down and explain that he needs to play along for now.
"We'll discuss this later..."
Keep walking.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2011, 09:19:36 pm
The soldier remains tense for a few moments, then relaxes.

"YES SIR."

He follows you.

You enter the lounge, the rest of your group is sitting down. Nobody else is in here.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2011, 06:22:19 pm
Motion for Luukner to stay behind, and walk in with Sharon. Announce to my squad with total glee.
"Hey, guys! Remember when I told you all that GREAT stuff about Crion's WONDERFULLY ethical experiments, and about how some LUCKY Mandalorians get to see how BRILLIANT our proud nation is?!? WELL, GUESS WHO I HAVE HERE!"
Motion Luukner in, then gesture to him like a magician gesturing to a rabbit in his hat.
"TADA!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2011, 06:41:07 pm
Most everybody gasps, except for Hector, who kind of looks ashamed. "Wait, what!?" asks Dave.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2011, 06:51:29 pm
"You heard me! We get our own little brainwashed pet to help us fight against his own people!"
Turn to him, and talk as if speaking to a child, loud enough for the others to hear.
"Oh, don't worry, Luukner, it's all just part of the act, helping you get into the role, right?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2011, 06:53:10 pm
"YES IT IS, SIR," he says. It's quite obvious that he can't grasp sarcasm.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2011, 12:07:14 pm
Say with painfully obvious sarcasm to the others.
"Luukner is totally just pretending to be a UMR soldier. There's no way he could possibly be a brainwashed drone given fake memories and forced to fight his own people, right?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2011, 12:51:39 pm
Luukner says nothing, but has no discernible reaction either. Hector looks up, like he's about to say something, but doesn't.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2011, 04:19:00 pm
"Speak freely, Hector."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2011, 04:47:08 pm
"I...regret to say that I participated in and contributed a great deal to this project," he says scratching the back of his head.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2011, 04:49:47 pm
"In that case, you can tell us how to fix it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2011, 04:56:36 pm
Hector cringes. "Yeah...that depends on what you mean by 'fix it.' The device is kind of forcefully penetrating his brain stem, and you can't easily remove something like that."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2011, 05:01:35 pm
"Can we reverse the mental effects?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2011, 05:04:39 pm
"Well, I could turn it off, but that presents its own problems," says Hector. "Then, we'd have a free-willed UMR soldier in the base."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2011, 05:06:34 pm
"He's unarmed. If he's got any sense, he'll play along with us until we can get him out of here."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2011, 05:08:57 pm
"Well, I can't do it here. We're going to have to get down to B3. The equipment we need is there."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2011, 05:13:32 pm
"What do the rest of you think about this?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2011, 05:19:20 pm
"Unethical," says Dave.
"Horrible," says Lans.
"Just wrong," says Zinn.
"I guess it is just wrong," says Niwo.
"It makes me feel uncomfortable," says Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2011, 06:02:22 pm
"So it's settled, then. The medic who set us up with the hybrid thing could help us get into B3. You guys haven't got your injections yet, have you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2011, 06:06:52 pm
"Injections? Oh, you mean the MCOM injections?" asks Hector. "I wasn't aware that you had already gotten them. Well, I guess everybody can come down. I have clearance, and a reason to be down there. I guess I can tell them that Luukner is in need of 'insurance maintenance' or something."

Hector heads for the elevator. You all follow him, going down to B3. You step out, and head down the hall to the Mandelorian medic's office. You step in, and he looks up. "Ah, I see you've brought all of the others for their injections...and one more."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2011, 06:35:54 pm
Talk quietly.
"Yes... The chief wants him as our new squad member. We've agreed that his suffering needs to be stopped. We can disable his device. We might have to sedate him or something until he's in a calm enough state to realise that either he pretends to be brainwashed in front of others until we can free him, or the men in white coats give him some more."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2011, 06:49:22 pm
"Alright."

The Mandelorian gets up, walking over to Luukner, he inspects Luukner's head, inspecting his dilated pupils and slow shifting mandibles. Then, he goes around, tapping on the plate of armor on the back of his neck, making Luukner shudder slightly.

"Alright, he should be dimly aware of what's happening. His conscious mind is trapped in a dreamlike state, suppressed. He might experience a few moments of higher lucidity, but mostly he's only dimly aware of what's happening, sometimes not at all. Now, the trick is to turn off the device, or if we don't want him yelling and potentially inflicting harm upon anyone, we can set up some partial restrictions. Private Luukner? Can you hear me?"

Luukner nods. "YES SIR."

"Alright. Luukner, lay face down on that medical table over there. Then, fall asleep."

"YES SIR," says Luukner, laying down on the table, then immediately losing consciousness. The medic approaches him.

"You see, this device also makes it possible for us to make him do things that he normally wouldn't be able to do on his own. In this case, we made him fall asleep. In another case, we could have made his heart stop beating. Now, to remove the primary neck plate."

The doctor takes a small, sharp, glowing instrument. He carefully forces it underneath the plate, and begins cutting. Soon, he removes the plate, placing it aside, revealing the pink fleshy underside. Buried in the back of Luukner's neck is the device, a metal disc about three inches in diameter with a blue, blinking top.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2011, 06:55:05 pm
"We can handle him if he turns violent. Make it so that he can't shout above normal speaking level, and deactivate all the other parts of the device."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2011, 07:06:56 pm
"Alright..."

The medic takes out a small wand-like device, hooking it up to a nearby computer. He goes over to the computer and messes with a few setting before returning to Luukner. Then, he waves it over the device several times.

"Alright. We need to wait for him to wake up, now."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2011, 07:25:09 pm
Walk over, and shake his shoulders a little.
"Soldier, don't be alarmed. We're getting you out of here."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2011, 07:32:11 pm
He's still unconscious, but he seems less restrained. You begin to hear an odd gurgling, perhaps the Mandelorian equivalent of snoring. He wasn't doing that before.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2011, 11:07:58 am
"Administer the radio injection things while we wait for him."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2011, 11:16:02 am
"Excellent® proposal," says the medic. Everybody gets in line, the medic pulling out materials. As everybody gets their shots, you begin to feel connections forming, voices buzzing in your head.

Luukner stirs, groaning.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2011, 11:57:14 am
Everyone copy?
Talk to Luukner.
"Soldier, wake up. You might be startled at where you find yourself, but you'll be out of here as soon as we get the chance."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2011, 12:13:44 pm
Luukner groans. "My head...it hurts..." he says weakly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2011, 12:55:58 pm
"This is going to freak you out a bit. You're in a research facility under a base for the Crionese military. They've implanted you with a device to essentially brainwash you. I don't know how long they've had it on, but they wanted to have you fighting on our squad. We find that morally unacceptable, and without the knowledge of our superiors, we've turned it off. You have the right to fight for the UMR just as we do for Crion. We're supposed to be infiltrating a UMR base with you, but if you can play along until then, we can get you out of here. The name they gave you while brainwashed was Luukner. Is that your real name?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2011, 01:00:50 pm
"...I REMEMBER...YOU KEPT ME IMPRISONED HERE...GET THIS THING OFF OF ME. EVERYTHING THAT I HEARD MYSELF SAY WAS BLASPHEMY TO THE UMR."

He's ferrying angry, but he's speaking below shouting volume.

"WHY CAN'T I TALK LOUDER?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2011, 06:28:22 pm
"Your device had many restricting effects. We knew you'd be angry, so the only one we kept stops you shouting. If you give us away, we all probably get executed. I know why you're angry, but you've got an easy decision here, you can pretend to be brainwashed until we can get you back to your own people, or we can flick the switch back on. It's your call."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2011, 06:31:23 pm
"You're bluffing," he says, sitting up. "I remember what you told me...you kept saying how wrong it was, you thought it was sick. You would do no such thing."

"Well, yeah, but I would," says the medic.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2011, 06:43:32 pm
"If you're going to run outside and tell everyone your device has been disabled and that they're all blasphemous scum, getting us all interrogated for conspiring to free you, I would, too. I'd prefer not to, though."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2011, 06:48:08 pm
"...Fine. What's the deal? You turned off the device just to tell me to keep acting like your mindless slave. For how long? I'm not a really good actor, I should just say that right now."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2011, 06:57:31 pm
"You only have to keep it up in front of people that aren't in this room right now. It's not hard, you only spoke when spoken to, AND YOU JUST HAVE TO TALK LIKE THIS. Like a robot, no emotion needed. We're meant to be infiltrating a base in a few days, but suppose something went wrong, and the brainwashed soldier suddenly regained control when we entered the base, giving us no option but to evacuate without getting the files we went for..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2011, 07:01:34 pm
"...You're betraying your own country? Damn, I would've thought the Crion-fucking-nese army would have better discipline in its ranks!" Luukner scoffs at you. "Who's to say I'm not going to reveal everything I've seen here?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2011, 07:13:24 pm
"That is, in all honesty, none of my concern. This has all been terribly disillusioning, and I'm not sure how much longer I can stick around."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2011, 07:16:14 pm
"...Well, okay. Actually, I'm kind of disillusioned with the entire UMR cause, too. I...can't believe I'm telling you this. I don't believe in what I'm fighting for."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 09:52:04 am
"I'm not quite sure what I'm meant to be fighting for in the first place... Unfortunately, running away doesn't seem to be a practical option."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 11:08:12 am
Everybody is quiet.

Sharon coughs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 11:12:14 am
"What?"
Turn around, hoping the chief isn't right there.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 11:22:20 am
The chief isn't there, but another UMR soldier is.

"...Motherfuckers...what did you do to him?" asks Luukner.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 11:23:22 am
"Most likely the same thing they did to you. Can we fix this one up, too, and lock the door?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 11:30:47 am
"...This one doesn't have the same thing," says the medic. "They...removed his organic brain."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 11:35:11 am
"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 11:39:52 am
"I had no part in this!" says the medic. "The others...they're more willing to commit these atrocities under the guise of patriotism."

"GREETINGS, FELLOW CRION SOLDIERS," says the UMR soldier completely soulessly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 11:41:09 am
Do I have a gun on me?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 11:48:10 am
You have a pistol in your holster.

"You sick fucks!" exclaims Luukner, unable to shout. "So, this is why we would rather commit suicide than be taken prisoner by you! You've left him to suffer a fate worse than death!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 11:51:54 am
"Not anymore!"
Raise my pistol, and impulsively fire two shots into the drone's head.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 11:55:08 am
The soldier falls over, twitching.

"WARNING, SERIOUS DAMAGE TAKEN. REPAIRS REQUIRED."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 11:57:28 am
"I am so fucked."
Finish him off with two chest shots, hoping he needs his heart to live.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 12:09:28 pm
The soldier gurgles, and then dies, bleeding a yellowish green blood. Luukner begins weeping.

"Monsters...monsters..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 12:12:43 pm
"Do your people have any particular way of putting people to rest?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 12:21:42 pm
"...Burial. Why...why would anyone ever do this?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 12:25:46 pm
"Because human or Mandalorian, Crionese or UMR, we're all just savage animals... If you guys don't go AWOL with me, I'm going to go tell the chief to go fuck himself."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 12:29:51 pm
Everybody is silent. Then, Sharon speaks. "I will."
"I will," says Zinn.
"I will," says Niwo.
"I will," say Dave and Lans.
"I will," says Hector.
"I will," says the medic.
Luukner can only stare at the body.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 12:31:33 pm
"I'm honoured to know every one of you. Sharon and I discussed this, but we had no idea where we would go. Does anybody?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 12:38:08 pm
Zinn speaks. "To the outer countries, out of the warzone. I can drive us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 12:44:05 pm
"Is it as easy as saying we want to go for a walk and then getting into a vehicle and driving off?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 12:54:27 pm
"No," says the medic. "You'll have to pretend to go out on your mission, and then we'll take two vehicles."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 12:58:17 pm
"But how will you come with us?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 01:04:47 pm
"...I could stow away. They wouldn't know," says the medic.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 01:12:49 pm
Nod.
"Luukner, do you want to go back to the UMR, or get out of this forsaken war?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 01:26:59 pm
"...Just get me out if this hellhole." Luukner slumps over.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 01:47:25 pm
"Understood. Does anybody have any idea of a way we can get this body buried?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 01:48:58 pm
"You don't have to go out of your way," says Luukner. "I mean..."
"We can easily cremate him," says the medic.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 01:51:53 pm
"Is that acceptable, Luukner? If it isn't, just say so. I didn't put the guy out of his misery to leave the body rotting in here."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 01:58:31 pm
"I'm fine with whatever. Just don't leave him lying there!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 02:06:01 pm
"Okay, how do we go about cremating him without setting off the fire alarms?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 02:14:11 pm
"Crematorium. We've got one built down here." The medic gets up, and sets the body onto a gurney.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 02:35:48 pm
Holster my pistol.
"We should probably clean up this blood, first."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 02:38:42 pm
Hector helps set some medical waste towels down, cleaning up the stains. The medic wheels out the body. The group follows him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 02:49:36 pm
Follow them, as well.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 02:56:58 pm
You move through the halls, stopping in front of the door marked as the crematorium. The medic steps in, and loads the body into a tray extended out of a furnace.

"Any words?" he asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 02:58:19 pm
Turn to Luukner.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 03:13:27 pm
"You were enslaved by Crionese science...but you are free now."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 03:24:50 pm
Nod to the medic.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 03:28:46 pm
The medic presses a button, and the tray slides into the furnace, the body begins to burn.

"Alright. It's over now," says the medic.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 03:33:13 pm
"How long is it until our "mission?""
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 03:34:46 pm
"By my count, three days from now," says Sharon. "Today has already taken forever. It's not even 1900 hours yet."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 03:37:13 pm
"I'm not sure I can last that long... But I guess we have three days to plan our route."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 03:44:56 pm
"I'll look into it," says Zinn.
"In the meantime, we'll have to play kissass to the chief," says Sharon.
"...I don't think I can last that long," says Luukner. "I can't possibly walk around and consciously take all of the ridicule that I'll get as a UMR soldier without breaking my cover."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 03:59:53 pm
"If people make fun of you, I'll shout the living shit out of them and ask them if they're trying to remind you who you really are."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 04:01:50 pm
"...Alright. Just cover my neck back up."

You go back to the medic's room, and Luukner's neck plate is quickly reattached, covering up the device.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 04:04:30 pm
"Oh, and Luukner?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 04:05:57 pm
"What?" he asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 05:22:03 pm
Transform entirely human.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 05:55:59 pm
Luukner isn't as surprised.

"Ah...I remember that. When I first saw you, in the hallway, I didn't know what I was looking at. Some hybrid. I'm not surprised that it happens to be you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 06:15:46 pm
"Yeah. I'm originally human, but these nanites let me transform between our species. Sharon, too. Unethical, but effective, like all the experiments here..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 06:19:43 pm
"Yeah, I'd have to say that the soldier with a robot for a brain was EXTREMELY fucking effective! Imagine what other projects they have down here," says Luukner.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 06:30:18 pm
"I don't want to think about it. You could have been the next one to get the 'upgrade,' Luukner. I'd ask what the UMR is doing, but to be honest I just don't care anymore."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 06:33:27 pm
Luukner gets up. "Well, we'd best get back up there. We've got three days."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 06:45:58 pm
"Oh, and doc? I never got your name."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 06:47:10 pm
"Dr. Mellack. It's actually right here on my nametag. Well, good luck to all of us, for the next several days, I guess."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 07:03:12 pm
"Do you have enough of that comm-gel stuff for you and Luukner? We need to keep contact with you, and Luukner will snap if he can't take the piss out of the idiots that insult him."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 07:06:31 pm
"Are you sure? Well, yes. I have more, I just need to set it to you frequency. Luukner will have to stay down here with me for a while, though."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 07:16:05 pm
"We'll keep you company. We've honestly got nowhere to be."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 07:18:00 pm
"Alright."

Mellack goes over to a refrigerator, and pulls out a sample of the nanites. He goes over to another terminal and boots it up, pouring the nanites into a few dishes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 07:29:02 pm
"So how long have you worked here, anyway?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 07:33:35 pm
"I was flown in a year ago," says Mellack. "I was wanted for my skills in modern medicine. I haven't participated directly in any of the darker projects going on here, those men...they're not in it for the advancement of mankind."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 07:52:36 pm
"Is anybody, nowadays?"
Keep watching, and try to form a private radio network with Zinn.
Zinn, can you hear me? I figured now's a good time to ask, and you're the best Mandalorian to ask who I can talk to right now. Dave, you hear me too? Okay, good, nobody else can hear. Zinn... uhh... this is awkward... but... where do eggs come from..?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 07:59:59 pm
Our own private radio network and that's the first thing you ask about? asks Zinn. Well...what happens is that when the male becomes sexually aroused, special glands in his pelvic region become active, and...well...we're mature adults here. His penis exposes itself. Then, the female must also be sexually aroused for her vaginal orifice to open. Then, the male and female copulate. Then, after an incubation period of several weeks, the female lays her eggs in the sand.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 08:15:10 pm
Uh... Okay, but why I'm asking... What's the chance of that last part happening? I mean, it'll be inevitable during mating season, but Sharon and I can't really look after kids on top of running away from the government.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 08:18:54 pm
You're planning on mating Sharon? I didn't know you had already decided to do this with her. You're...sure you want to do it as Mandelorians? I mean, I don't know how the...children would turn out. Well, usually the male semen impregnates the female, so unless you're sterile, she will probably lay eggs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 08:32:29 pm
Well, the pheromones are bad enough at the minute. We won't survive mating season without, you know, unless we both stay totally human. Is there... uh... contraception..?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 08:34:45 pm
Contraception is easy. You crush the eggs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2011, 08:48:51 pm
I'm not sure I'd be up to that part... Whatever, I guess I'll worry later, thanks for this.
See how the two are getting on with the nanites.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2011, 08:51:20 pm
Mellack is running a current of some kind through the nanites. He gets out a few syringes, and begins filling them with the gray syrup.

"Alright. Now, for the injections."

Mellack injects himself, and you begin to hear static.

Hello? Hello? You hear Mellack's voice in your head. Are you receiving me?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2011, 07:15:02 am
Loud and clear.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2011, 07:51:25 am
Mellack injects Luukner as well.

Everything is working. Alright, you may leave if you wish.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2011, 09:04:53 pm
Talk to everyone.
Sharon's right, the day is just dragging on. Have we even had dinner yet?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2011, 09:14:26 pm
No, says Niwo.
Perhaps we should do that now? asks Hector.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2011, 09:29:44 pm
Niwo spoke, but not Zinn? Witchcraft!
Test, test. I'm sure I just heard- Oh, nevermind, it was a one syllable word, anyway. Let's head to the mess hall, then. Remember, Luukner, be a robot, but feel free to talk badly about abusive strangers over this frequency.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2011, 09:47:01 pm
Luukner puts on the act, staring blankly forward. "WHAT ARE YOUR COMMANDS?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2011, 08:32:21 am
"I thought you said you weren't a good actor. Let's head to the mess hall, then. See you, Mellack.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2011, 11:00:32 am
"Well, I guess it's not hard acting like someone with absolutely no personality. Ahem, AFFIRMATIVE."

You head to the elevator, and then back up to the mess hall. People are eating dinner right now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2011, 08:14:39 pm
I'm not sure if you're meant to be able to serve yourself, so I don't want to risk causing panic and having them take your brain out. Go sit down and tell me what food you want.
"Luukner, go find us a table, please."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2011, 08:16:30 pm
Luukner walks over to a table, giving a polite bow, and pulling your seats out for you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2011, 08:31:10 pm
I don't think anybody will notice if you sit down. I'll go get us both our food from the serving stations.
Go find the food.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2011, 08:36:49 pm
You stand in front of the serving station. You have your choice of food.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2011, 08:46:24 pm
Go to the table, and pull Luuker's seat out for him, setting his tray down, before sitting myself.
"Thanks, Luukner. Sit down and enjoy your meal."
Start eating.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2011, 08:52:27 pm
You all enjoy a quiet meal, Luukner conversing with you via nanocom.

Well, how am I doing? I would have preferred the shrimp, but this works.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2011, 09:03:11 pm
I'm quite impressed with you, actually. I can go get you some shrimp as well, if you want. You probably haven't actually tasted a meal since you got here.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2011, 09:06:45 pm
That would be nice. You're different from what I expected. I thought you were all the same, you wanted to kill me and my people for their beliefs, but you accept me as a friend nevertheless.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2011, 09:23:42 pm
Go get him a generous portion of shrimp, still talking to him.
You aren't bad, yourself, either. I'm aware of the political motivations of the UMR, but I've never actually heard about the religious side, besides you saying that what you were forced to say was blasphemous a couple of times. I'm listening, if you want to explain.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2011, 09:30:40 pm
We believe that through communism, we shall achieve utopia. Your scientists made me praise Crion, forced me to support your political views and admire your culture. It was blasphemy to me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2011, 06:22:14 pm
Bring the shrimp to him, sitting down.
If you still believe that, then what disillusioned you about the war?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2011, 06:29:51 pm
After my first battle, I looked around. I saw my "brothers" dead, mutilated. I remembered how in my home village, those that did not agree with the views of the collective were dragged off in the night. I realized that communism couldn't possibly create a utopia if it would cause all of this. Wars, oppression, famine. I was heavily wounded, and I dragged myself through that battlefield for hours, slowly dying of thirst. Everywhere I looked I only saw the dead, or the dying writhing on the ground, scavenging birds eating with no discrimination between the two. If communism could create a utopia, then what kind of sick, twisted utopia would it be? That's when I was found by your field medics. They picked me up and threw me into that deceptively sinister box in the ambulance. Then, they took me in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2011, 06:48:14 pm
Communism is an oligarchy disguised as a utopia. Capitalism is elitism disguised as freedom. To be honest that doesn't leave a lot left.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2011, 06:52:50 pm
And that's where I stand now. I do not agree with capitalism, but I can't say that I wholly subscribe to communist philosophies. I'm not going to fight for something I don't believe in, so I no longer want to return to the UMR if that's all this is. Crion commits atrocities upon its enemies, but we commit atrocities unto our own people.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2011, 09:57:23 am
Well said- er... thought. Soon we'll be able to put all of this behind us. Hopefully the Crionese army will be too focused on the war to go after fugitives who pose no threat.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2011, 10:46:10 am
You think too little of them, you hear Zinn on your comlink. Regardless of whether or not we pose a threat, the army will want us because we hold secrets.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2011, 05:33:41 pm
Is there anywhere both armies fear to tread?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2011, 05:37:12 pm
The countries that aren't involved in this war would be a great place to hide. Perhaps the Ugjubi Badlands, or a major city in Hirst. We can hide in either of those places until we can get off the planet safely.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2011, 11:26:53 am
The city would be our best bet. The badlands will be most likely be tricky to survive in, and attacking Hirst would be an act of war.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2011, 11:46:50 am
Alright. I'll be in the lounge until then.

Zinn gets up and leaves.

"Velocity?" asks Sharon. "Well, do you want to...hang out?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2011, 11:49:38 am
"Sure, Sharon. Zinn, Hector, you two are in charge of Luukner while both Sharon and I are gone."

I'm trusting you two not to humiliate him, so don't make me regret that.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2011, 12:04:55 pm
They nod. Sharon takes your hand and leads you to your private room.

"Human, or Mandelorian?" she asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2011, 12:11:22 pm
Turn Mandalorian.
"I'll enjoy the hormones while we're both still sensitive to them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2011, 12:16:34 pm
"They're pheromones, silly."

Sharon turns Mandelorian, the black she'll hardening from her skin, shining nicely. Her blue irises expand to fill in her whites, pincers sprouting outwards.

"What are your hobbies?" she asks, clacking her pincers.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2011, 12:40:28 pm
"Not an awful lot of hobbies to pursue around here, are there? I still can't remember a lot from before that battle."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2011, 12:53:28 pm
"You might want to get that checked out, then. My hobbies are mostly marksmanship and gun-related. I guess I fit in here until, well, brainwashing."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2011, 01:30:30 pm
"I guess it's the same for me, too. It's good that we've got their support on this one. We couldn't have done it by ourselves."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2011, 01:36:23 pm
"Should we get some sleep? I mean, we've got nothing else to do."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2011, 01:38:43 pm
"Well... we could... stay up a little while, and finish what we started outside the cafeteria..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2011, 01:53:58 pm
"Do you mean..." Sharon looks at you, starry-eyed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2011, 02:05:22 pm
Decide that she clearly likes the sound of whatever she thinks I mean, and go with it.
"Yes, I do..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2011, 02:10:01 pm
Sharon gets up and rushes over to the private serving station, getting more food and gobbling it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2011, 02:14:14 pm
Wait, what was I thinking about again? Nevermind that, seafood!
Run up to the serving station, and eat with her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2011, 02:23:34 pm
Food awaits! You gobble up clams, and enjoy a second meal. Afterwards, you begin feeling giddy. Awfully so. The pheromones become more apparent.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2011, 02:24:48 pm
"Do you want to finish the other thing we started..?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2011, 02:30:17 pm
Sharon smells you, then answers.

"Take me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2011, 02:32:03 pm
"Certainly."
Kiss her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2011, 02:40:32 pm
You embrace in an exotic Mandelorian kiss, your pincers pressing against each other's cheeks as your smaller mandibles and tongues entangle, both of you enjoying it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2011, 03:11:14 pm
Keep kissing her, but don't make any attempt for it to lead anywhere.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2011, 03:17:49 pm
You control yourself. You note how much softer the Mandelorian tongue is than the human tongue.

A beeping in your head signals an incoming transmission request.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2011, 04:42:55 pm
Accept the call.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2011, 05:20:11 pm
It's Niwo.

Hey...I was thinking, that if we're going to be going somewhere, well, I don't think I want to go to Hirst.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2011, 06:05:10 pm
After mentally bracing myself for the next omen of the apocalypse, reply.
Why not? I assumed you'd agree with Zinn. Speak freely, as usual.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2011, 06:10:36 pm
Well, I guess I agree with him...but, I-uh, don't want to go to Hirst. They have high crime rates there.

You do not think this is true.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2011, 06:15:10 pm
Niwo, please don't lie to me. I can keep our conversation confidential.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2011, 06:19:39 pm
...I guess we can keep it confidential. I have a history with that place. It...well, it's where my family lives.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2011, 07:45:30 pm
You... don't want to risk their lives... I understand...
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2011, 07:48:51 pm
Oh, you do? I guess that's good...well, see you later. I guess.

Niwo hangs up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2011, 08:08:57 pm
"Shit... One of the squad has confidential reasons why we can't go to Hirst."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2011, 08:25:23 pm
"Well, we could always go to the badlands," says Sharon, cooing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 19, 2011, 12:21:17 pm
"What are the badlands like, exactly? When somebody puts "bad" and "land" into a word, I generally don't get the idea that it's a nice place to live."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 19, 2011, 12:32:09 pm
"Well, mostly desert. I think. The soil there is nutrient poor, but rich in iron, giving it this red dust look."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 19, 2011, 12:34:43 pm
"They're more likely to attack us there than declare war on Hirst, though."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 19, 2011, 12:38:47 pm
"Well, you want that it do you want to go to Hirst against someone's wishes?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 19, 2011, 01:14:12 pm
"See, their family lives there, but what are the chances of it being invaded, do you think?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 19, 2011, 01:25:49 pm
"Maybe you should talk with them? We could hide there, if that's that case."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 19, 2011, 01:38:08 pm
"I'll call Zinn, and ask him what he thinks the chances are."
Call Zinn.
Zinn, what do you think the chances are of Crion declaring war on Hirst if we hide there?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 19, 2011, 01:42:54 pm
I would think nil. Although, Crion would probably come in with a special ops team or something.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 19, 2011, 02:07:08 pm
Would any of the general public be at risk?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 19, 2011, 02:38:33 pm
Before you can get an answer, an alarm goes off.

"ALL UNITS, REPORT! ENEMY FORCES INCOMING! PREPARE FOR BATTLE!"

Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 19, 2011, 02:40:39 pm
Broadcast to my entire team.
SHIT! Should we fight, or try to escape in the confusion?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 19, 2011, 02:48:01 pm
Running in the middle of this would get us killed! We need to fight! says Zinn.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 19, 2011, 02:52:58 pm
Any chance we can fight our way out, or slip out a different direction?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 19, 2011, 02:58:34 pm
Probably, but we would needed to get out alive!

The doctor rushes in. "You two...are you staying or going?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 19, 2011, 04:57:17 pm
"Not a clue."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 19, 2011, 05:20:36 pm
"Get some weapons...either way, this fight looks like it's going to be big."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 19, 2011, 05:39:10 pm
"Good idea. Both of you, with me."
Run to the armoury.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 19, 2011, 05:41:12 pm
You run to the armory, where a bunch of soldiers are busy equipping for battle! You've already got your armor on, you just need to grab a few weapons.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 19, 2011, 05:45:50 pm
Grab two assault rifles, and change my arms human right in front of everybody.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 19, 2011, 05:53:41 pm
Nobody really notices, because they're all too busy worrying about their lives.

You grab two assault rifles and head out for battle. As you run out of the compound, you spot several blazing transport ships on the horizon. They zoom in, and you feel vibrations rumble through your chest as a nearby anti-air cannon fires at them,  succeeding in dropping a few out of the sky! You see many small landing pods drop down from low orbit, crashing down, revealing UMR soldiers! You hear the bullets start flying pretty quickly. On your right is a fortified bunker, and on your left is the front line!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 19, 2011, 06:50:13 pm
Make a "tactical withdrawal" to Run like a coward to the bunker.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 19, 2011, 06:53:18 pm
You see a lot of soldiers running around in here, some manning heavy machine guns, others loading artillery rounds. However, they're all wearing green armor, meaning that they're engineers that are authorized to be working here. Your armor is silver, meaning you're a foot soldier!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 19, 2011, 07:11:25 pm
Find somewhere hidden, and change my armour to that of an engineer.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 19, 2011, 07:13:09 pm
Your armor changes color, until it is green, matching the markings fitting of an engineer. What do you do with your new authority?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 19, 2011, 07:25:52 pm
Walk around the fortification looking important, like my headmaster gets paid to do all day.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 19, 2011, 07:26:48 pm
You walk around until a commander notices you.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!? GET ON THOSE GUNS, SOLDIER!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2011, 08:48:43 am
WHY THE FUCK DOES IT WORK FOR HIM?!?

Quickly find a gun I know how to operate.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2011, 09:05:59 am
An unmanned machine gun looks simple enough you step up to it, sighting the advancing line of soldiers several hundred meters away.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2011, 09:16:56 am
Start it up, and mow them down.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2011, 09:27:30 am
You prepare yourself for the recoil as you begin firing the gun. However, after shooting a fair number if them, you forget to let go of the trigger, and the gun overheats.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2011, 11:57:46 am
Wait for it to cool down, and look busy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2011, 12:03:10 pm
You hear the commander shouting.

"WE'VE GOT A FUCKING ORBITAL STRIKE ON OUR POSITION! GET THE FUCK DOWN!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2011, 03:02:55 pm
Cower under something.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2011, 03:21:17 pm
You duck and cover, feeling a large shockwave. A bright light. You hear the sound of a thousand vuvuzelas cry out. You feel the bunker collapse onto you. You are buried underneath tons of rock and steel. Everything is dark.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2011, 07:21:39 pm
Should have stuck with the fucking frontlines!
See how much I can wriggle around.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2011, 07:32:26 pm
You're feeling quite badly hurt, but your suit seems to have it covered.

INJURY DETECTED, DISPENSING NANO-GEL

After several minutes, your broken limbs are fully healed. You dig through the rubble for at least 30 minutes, and emerge to look upon the scene of an ongoing battle. While you were under, the base must have been struck several times by orbital strikes, it's mostly in ruins. You see dispersed forces of the UMR and Crion skirmishing, the battle is not nearly as intense as it was in the beginning.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2011, 07:34:56 pm
Get to cover.
Sharon? Zinn? Hector? Luukner? Niwo? Dave? Lans? Mellack? Do you copy? Anyone?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2011, 07:43:23 pm
Dave here! I'm kind of busy operating this tank right now, but sure, I guess I have time to talk!

Velocity! It's Sharon. The chief was killed after the base got bombarded! We're decimated here!

This is Mellack! I'm currently in B3! I do not think I will be able to get out, because there is a strong possibility that the orbital strikes have buried me under tons of rubble!

Velocity! Where are you? asks Zinn.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2011, 07:47:12 pm
I disguised myself as an engineer and manned a turret in the bunker. I just got out of the rubble. The battle seems to be getting less intense, but we're most likely going to lose it! We have to gather everyone up and leave as soon as possible! I'm not leaving anyone behind! Does anybody have any knowlege on the whereabouts of Niwo, Lans, Hector or Luukner?!?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2011, 07:48:24 pm
I've seen them nearby, says Sharon. I don't know why they aren't picking up, but I think they're just concentrated on fighting right now!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2011, 07:56:20 pm
Okay. First priority is for me, Sharon, and Zinn to meet, and find a way of getting Mellack out of B3. Where's closest to both of you?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2011, 08:06:59 pm
Meet us west of the main base. We'll be there!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2011, 08:12:31 pm
On my way. Take your time, and engage in combat only if necessary!
Start heading there, darting from cover to cover.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2011, 08:22:26 pm
As you head for the base's west side, you come across a small group of four UMR soldiers. They haven't noticed you, but you've got the drop on them from cover.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2011, 09:07:01 pm
Is it possible to get around them without detection, and are they compromising the meeting spot?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2011, 09:12:41 pm
They are not compromising the meeting spot, but you can't advance any further while they're here.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 08:43:20 am
Group of four hostiles. They're obstructing my route, but I have the upper hand. This is why we have silent radios.
Get as close as I can while still being in cover, and fire. Use my weaker pair of hands on the ones closest to me, and my more accurate pair at the ones further away.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 11:17:09 am
Two of the four get shot up and fall down, screeching. The other two attempt to return fire before receiving a spray of bullets in the face.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 11:28:22 am
Quickly lay their bodies into a dignified position, and hurry on.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 11:33:23 am
You continue hurrying, until you see a large tank-like vehicle treading across the landscape. You recognize it as a Crion model, the Mucca. It has a short, tapered barrel, but it fires extremely concentrated laser blasts, designed to tear through reinforced enemy positions.

Oh, hey Velocity! says Lans.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 11:36:14 am
Good to see you, Lans. We're going to get out of here as soon as everyone is accounted for. Do you want to fight on, or come with us?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 11:41:21 am
I'm coming with you. I'll provide you some cover with this baby.

A hatch opens up on top.

Hop in, if you want.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 12:57:05 pm
Much obliged.
Run over, and hop in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 01:14:48 pm
You enter the cabin. It is quite cramped, but it's manageable.

"Where to?" asks Lans.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 05:56:15 pm
"I'm meant to be meeting Zinn and Sharon somewhere west of the base."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 06:03:41 pm
"Alright. We might have to clean up a little on the way there, though. I've just got to say, they've really cleaned us out. Orbital strikes like that don't come cheap."

Lans starts driving toward your destination.

"This is terrible. The bodies are piling up so thickly that I crush them no matter where I go."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 06:12:12 pm
"Once we're out of here, we don't need to worry about this again..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 06:16:24 pm
You stop at the rendezvous location, getting out. Sharon and the rest of the group rushes over.

"Alright, what's the plan here?" asks Niwo.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 06:20:05 pm
"Oh, the rest of you are here, too. Good. We need to get Mellack out from B3, but he's trapped."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 06:25:45 pm
"He's still in B3?" asks Sharon. "Shit, how are we going to get him out from under the base? That thing was totaled, he's practically in a tomb of reinforced concrete!"

"Well," says Lans, "we could actually use these tanks to clear out some of it. It's just that they're not very quiet and any UMR soldier that's not blind, deaf, or stupid will see us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 06:42:24 pm
"We can't leave anyone behind, no matter what we have to do to get them out."
Mellack, can you hear us? We're all assembled. We might have to use a tank to clear the rubble."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 06:43:46 pm
A tank? You'd do that for me? Great. Just let me get some supplies...a few notes...alright, but what if the elevator's out?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 06:48:13 pm
Is there an emergency ladder or something?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 06:53:32 pm
...Well, I'd have to drop all of this stuff I'm trying to salvage. Yes, there should be a service ladder, but I don't think I want to leave any of this behind.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 06:57:14 pm
Can you think of any alternatives if the lift is out?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 07:03:46 pm
No...I'll just have to leave it here, then.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 07:10:17 pm
What exactly are you trying to salvage?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 07:14:18 pm
A few cases full of potentially-useful projects, and information regarding everything we've been doing here.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 07:21:05 pm
Are you sure there's nothing you can fit in your pockets, or carry with you up the ladder? Could you put the data on a portable storage device or something?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 07:26:17 pm
I've got the data on storage devices. It's just these boxes of nanites that are the heavy load!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 07:28:18 pm
Hrm... What do they concern? If they're really important, we might be able to figure something out...
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 07:29:14 pm
They concern most of what we've been doing for the past several months here. I don't want all of this scientific data to be lost in this assault!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 07:35:35 pm
Type out as much of the data about the nanites as you can, and put it on your storage devices. You'll have plenty of time while we try getting you out. There's still a battle going on, and our idea is far from inconspicuous.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 07:38:40 pm
Alright. You just focus on what you have to do.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 07:42:16 pm
Understood.
"So where do we start?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 07:47:44 pm
"We're going to tread through to the middle of the base, roughly to where the elevators are, and then we're going to start using the tank's laser cannon to clear out the rubble. This weapon is precise, and powerful. So, when we've cleared the rubble, Mellack should be able to get out," says Lans.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 08:06:21 pm
"That sounds like a plan. The rest of us'll be ready to defend the tank."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 08:09:04 pm
"Alright! Just be ready for anybody that notices!"

You escort Lans as he drives over piles of rubble to get to the spot where he'll begin blasting it. However, several hundred meters away, you see an enemy tank, escorted by three UMR soldiers!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 08:11:23 pm
Enemy armour! Lans, divert fire to it!
Get into cover behind the tank.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 08:13:50 pm
Lans reacts quickly to it, turning and firing the cannon, blowing a hole straight through the enemy tank! However, there is a lack of collateral damage, because the soldiers have started returning fire, running towards your tank, guns blazing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 08:17:14 pm
"OPEN FIRE!"
Open fire.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 08:19:29 pm
Your opening of firearms upon the enemy has proven quite successful, and they are mowed down by your opened fire.

Thanks, they were moving too fast for me, says Lans.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 08:33:12 pm
Don't worry; that's what friends are for. Get back to destroying the rubble, and we'll warn you about more hostiles.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 08:36:31 pm
You escort the tank, but you don't notice any hostiles.

As you approach the site, however, you see a stumbling, wounded Crion soldier. He is a Mandelorian, and he is missing his lower right arm. He limps toward you, dark yellow blood pouring out of his wound as he tries to cover it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 08:52:40 pm
Run over.
"Hector, have you got any medical supplies?!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 08:55:31 pm
"Yeah, I've got plenty!" Hector runs over to the wounded soldier, laying him down and treating the wound. He takes out a small vial of nanites, and pours a very small amount onto the wound. It heals over quickly.

"My arm...it came clean off," says the Mandelorian.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 09:09:59 pm
"What happened to you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 09:13:22 pm
"I got shot..." The soldier moans. "It looks like we've fought em off, though...heh..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 09:24:08 pm
"But the base is in ruins... So many people dead on both sides... for what?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 09:29:23 pm
The soldier doesn't answer.

"Velocity...let's just move on. If he wants to fight for his country, at least let him feel content with that."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2011, 09:43:06 pm
I was seeing if he would want to join us, but on another note, you do realise we literally have radios in our damn heads, right? I mean, you don't have to imply that we don't want to fight for Crion right in front of a loyal Crionese soldier!
"Nevermind, soldier. Just getting cynical after seeing everything in ruins... We're off to get survivors out of the rubble."
Get moving.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2011, 09:52:21 pm
"Can I help?" asks the soldier. "I mean, I'm starting to feel better."

This could complicate things, says Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2011, 08:37:41 am
"Soldier, you need to get some rest..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2011, 09:22:56 am
"Where do we take him?" asks Sharon.

"We can't leave him here, we'll have to take him with us,"  says Hector.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2011, 09:27:04 am
I was hoping that they could assume we died in the attack, and wouldn't go after us...
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2011, 09:42:13 am
I don't think they will. Everyone that mattered here is dead. In fact, I don't think they even know about our special unit.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2011, 09:50:33 am
Okay then, we'll take him.
"Okay, then, soldier. Come with us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2011, 09:55:36 am
"Alright." The soldier stumbles to his feet.

Lans has begun blasting away the rubble. He's making adequate progress.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2011, 09:59:18 am
"Okay, watch out for the enemy."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2011, 10:04:24 am
You see nobody. Eventually the rubble is cleared, exposing the elevator.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2011, 10:20:01 am
See if it works.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2011, 10:23:30 am
You call the elevator, and it works, albeit precariously.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2011, 01:38:50 pm
Okay, Mellack. The elevator is working, but I don't think it'll support much weight. Only take the essentials that you haven't recorded with you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2011, 01:49:40 pm
Alright. Just let me get...got it.

The elevator is moving up. The doors open, revealing Mellack with several large boxes filled with documents and samples. "How are we going to get out of here?"

"Actually," says Lans, "Dave's got an armored transport vehicle."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2011, 01:54:33 pm
"Great. Zinn, are you driving?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2011, 01:55:49 pm
"I suppose," says Zinn. "But we're not out of the fight yet, so keep on guard."

Dave drives up in the transport vehicle. An armored hatch opens up, allowing you to step into the spacious back.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2011, 02:00:07 pm
Talk to the anonymous soldier as I get in.
"Sorry, but our unit's base is on a need-to-know basis..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2011, 02:03:07 pm
"Wait, what do you mean? Your unit's base? You mean...you're leaving me here!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2011, 04:54:42 pm
"We're sorry, but we're a black-ops team... Our job won't stop because the base was destroyed..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2011, 04:55:54 pm
"But...you have to take me with you! You...the vehicle..."

The soldier is crestfallen.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2011, 05:46:13 pm
"Look... I'm going to be honest with you here. We're deserting."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2011, 05:50:38 pm
"Deserting?" asks the soldier. "...I'll desert too! Fine! Just get me out of here!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2011, 06:03:32 pm
"You sure about that? We'll be going to the badlands, or Hirst. We haven't decided yet."
Talk privately to Niwo.
That reminds me. They'll probably assume we're dead, and even if they do go after us, the most they'll send is a group of operatives. Is it okay if we go to Hirst?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2011, 06:05:22 pm
...Okay.

"You mean all the way out there? That's...fine, just let me in!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2011, 06:17:27 pm
Talk to Sharon.
He seems okay with Hirst, since they probably think we're dead.
Let him in.
"Welcome aboard."
Check to see if everyone's accounted for.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2011, 06:20:35 pm
Everybody is on the vehicle. The soldier sighs with relief and jumps in. The hatch closes, and you take off.

"So...who are you?" he asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2011, 06:31:32 pm
"Velocity, Sharon, Mellack, Luukner, Zinn, Niwo, David, Lans and Hector. You?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2011, 06:36:51 pm
"Verr. It's nice to meet you."

Verr has greenish plates and light blue eyes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2011, 07:08:08 pm
"Nice to meet you, too. Before you ask, Luukner was a UMR soldier who was made a mindless drone by Crion. We deactivated his device earlier, a while before the attack. Relieved to be out of there, Luukner?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2011, 07:18:01 pm
"Quite."

Verr looks perplexed. "You mean...there's a real UMR soldier in this truck?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2011, 07:28:39 pm
"Former UMR soldier, and former Crionese slave. Now he's free to live in peace, like the rest of us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2011, 07:53:22 pm
"...Alright." Verr seems uncomfortable with Luukner. Luukner eyes him oddly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2011, 08:05:29 pm
"Verr, Luukner is a good guy... Does it matter what army he used to fight for? He used to think that all Crionese soldiers were like you see all UMR soldiers, but he's past that."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2011, 08:19:40 pm
"I know...it's just...never mind."

"Yes...never mind," says Luukner.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2011, 10:46:22 am
"Anyway, it's probably best to give you back your ability to shout. Are you able to do that now, Mellack?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2011, 11:05:54 am
"I need a computer program. Next time we find a terminal, I can completely restore him."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2011, 11:10:20 am
"We can probably find one if we go to Hirst, then, right?"
Niwo, what part of Hirst is your family in? We can avoid going to the same area.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2011, 11:12:44 am
They are in the capitol.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2011, 11:24:20 am
"We should probably go to the second biggest city in Hirst, just in case. They'll totally expect us to go to the capitol."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2011, 11:28:26 am
"Wait, who do you mean by they?" asks Verr. "The Crionese?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2011, 12:11:45 pm
"Yes. We know things they don't want us to know, but hopefully they'll assume we're dead and leave us alone."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2011, 12:15:34 pm
"...Is that what's in the documents?" asks Verr, indicating the boxes.

"Guys, hang on! We've got enemy troops firing at us!" shouts Zinn.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2011, 03:03:03 pm
"Keep driving!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2011, 03:06:38 pm
You are slammed into the opposite wall as Zinn makes a sharp turn, everybody bracing. You speed up, rocketing off into the night. You feel several large impacts, and see UMR soldiers rolling across the windshield.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2011, 04:45:56 pm
Keep bracing myself.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2011, 04:52:27 pm
You zoom down the road, and you let go only when Zinn tells you it's clear.

"I don't know how far we are from the border, but I sure as hell don't know how we're going to get into Hirst with a military vehicle!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
"Good point. How far away is the second city of Hirst from the border?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2011, 05:18:22 pm
"The second largest city, Guanda, is at least 500 kilometers from the Western border of Hirst. We're going to have to find some way to get through a checkpoint, and that's not going to be easy wearing this military armor."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2011, 05:53:40 pm
"Should we play it straight and tell them we're refugees?"
See if I can change my armour to normal clothing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2011, 05:56:00 pm
You can't do that. However, you can take it off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2011, 06:23:00 pm
But what am I wearing underneath?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2011, 06:24:20 pm
A tanktop, and camo pants. Everyone else is wearing the same underneath their armor.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2011, 06:42:02 pm
"Let's get closer, and take our armour off when we don't think we'll get into any combat. This armour changes shape with us, though..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2011, 06:43:04 pm
"You having trouble with it? Huh, mine always worked like that."

Sharon's armor turns into clothing and back.

"Maybe you're not trying hard enough or something."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 24, 2011, 09:08:21 am
"Odd, I tried. I'll try again..."
Go fully human, and try to change it into a casual suit.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 24, 2011, 09:16:44 am
This time it works, turning into casual clothing.

"Okay," says Lans, "that works for you, but what about us?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 24, 2011, 09:53:16 am
"You're weaing normal clothes under there, right? No choice but to take the armour off."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 24, 2011, 10:05:50 am
"Well...okay. It's just, I haven't taken it off in a while."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 24, 2011, 10:32:19 am
"We're not soldiers anymore. It's symbolic, I guess."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 24, 2011, 10:36:12 am
Lans takes off his helmet, his blonde hair matted down by sweat. He smiles, awkwardly, his blue eyes unsure.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 24, 2011, 10:37:11 am
Smile back.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 24, 2011, 10:44:18 am
Everybody else throws off their armor, relishing in the coolness that the air on their skin brings them. Except for the Mandelorians, they don't sweat.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 24, 2011, 11:07:31 am
"Okay, Zinn, if you had to make a guess, how far are we from the border?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 24, 2011, 11:12:48 am
"Still as far as I said last time. It hasn't been five minutes since you last asked."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 24, 2011, 12:59:49 pm
"Last time I asked you said you didn't know, was just asking you to make a rough guess."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 24, 2011, 01:07:22 pm
""I still guess that much. Maybe a little less, 550 kilometers."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 24, 2011, 01:08:05 pm
"Right, then. Stop out of sight of the checkpoint. What's our story?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 24, 2011, 01:50:11 pm
"We're...on the run from UMR forces that displaced us by destroying our homes, and we all happen to be wearing the same clothes?" asks Dave.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 24, 2011, 01:51:27 pm
"That works, I suppose. I'll play the rest by ear."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 24, 2011, 01:59:51 pm
"Alright."

You drive on the road for several hours before stopping.

"The checkpoint is up a few kilometers. We're getting out now. Help Mellack with his stuff."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 24, 2011, 02:28:47 pm
Nod, and pick up on of the boxes, heading out.
"How do we explain why we're carrying nanites?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 24, 2011, 02:47:22 pm
"Maybe we won't have to," says Zinn, looking through binoculars.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 24, 2011, 02:52:13 pm
"Nobody at the checkpoint?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 24, 2011, 03:05:54 pm
"Yeah. But I see signs of foul play."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 24, 2011, 05:03:11 pm
"Wait here, and see how the situation develops. I'm not letting us go in blind with no armour."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 24, 2011, 05:07:47 pm
"I'm observing something...yeah. Evidence of several bodies. Whoever did this killed everybody at the checkpoint, somewhat discreetly." Zinn puts away the binoculars.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 24, 2011, 06:09:14 pm
"Shit, it's never simple... It's not Crion looking for us... I don't think..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 24, 2011, 06:12:20 pm
"Actually," says Luukner, "I might be able to tell what weapons were involved if we inspect the damage. I know what kind of holes the standard-issue UMR rifle leaves."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 06:46:34 am
"Okay, get your armour on and hope we don't arrive just as the Hirst military discovers the bodies. That would suck."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 06:59:55 am
Everybody suits back up, and you head for the checkpoint.

Luukner observes the bodies. They're not so much bodies as they are piles of mush.

"Holy shit. Whatever they were using, these guys got turned into chowder."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 07:00:44 am
"I'm sorely tempted to go to the badlands just to avoid dealing with this."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 07:08:49 am
"Well gang," says Sharon, "looks like we've got another mystery on our hands."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 07:10:19 am
"Dibs on Scooby."
Slowly and cautiously advance, weapon in hand.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 07:18:48 am
There's little else at this checkpoint. You get back to the vehicle and head through. Eventually you stop in a grove outside of the city.

"Well, the city is up ahead," says Zinn.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 07:24:24 am
Change back to civilian clothing.
"Okay, get your suits off, again. Whatever that was, I have a bad feeling that it's going to bite us on the ass later, though."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 07:42:54 am
"Yeah," says Zinn. "Everybody pack up and let's bolt."

Zinn and the others help Mellack with his things. You change your armor to civilian clothing, again, and start walking.

An hour later, you stand on the outskirts of town. Niwo looks at you.

"What are we going to do here? Where will we stay?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 07:45:31 am
"Did anybody grab some money before we left?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 07:51:22 am
Everybody nods.

"I hear the dollar goes a little farther in Hirst," says Niwo.

"Well, are we going to stay at a hotel? That could get expensive if all of us are going to be staying," says Dave.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 08:00:16 am
"Well, first question is how much we have. We can easily economise by staying somewhere cheap."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 08:05:18 am
Everybody throws together their money. In all, you have about $540 in cash.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 08:06:07 am
"We've got plenty here for the next while. Are we planning on staying in Hirst in the long term?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 08:09:45 am
Everybody looks around. Zinn speaks up. "Well, I think that's not the best option, but we certainly can."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 08:17:23 am
"What alternative do you suggest?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 08:26:23 am
"Well, after several weeks, I think we could move on to Dowry, the country to the south of this one."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 08:30:19 am
"Your plan is probably better than mine. We'll do that, then."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 08:34:34 am
"Alright." Zinn spots a hotel and the group heads off toward it. Sharon stays with you.

"Could we be roommates?" she asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 08:45:17 am
Smile.
"If you want, sure."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 08:47:26 am
You both walk to the hotel. The party is inside. Zinn hands you a cardkey.

"Second floor. Room 253."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 08:49:13 am
Nod, and head there.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 08:53:59 am
Sharon follows you to the room. You are followed by the group, and they enter their rooms in the same area. As you enter your room, you observe that it is pretty standard, nothing too fancy. Sharon shuts the door.

"Human, or Mandelorian?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 08:58:59 am
"Your turn to pick."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 09:04:18 am
"Human." She jumps onto the bed, laughing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 09:06:30 am
Sit down on the edge of it.
"Hopefully we won't get attacked or something while we're here."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 09:13:13 am
"All too often, when you run from trouble, trouble finds you. I mean, like at the checkpoint and all."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 10:55:31 am
"Yeah. We don't have a serving station, though. What are we going to do now?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 11:03:25 am
Sharon lifts up the covers.

"Get in."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 11:07:19 am
Smile, and get into bed with her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 11:12:38 am
She takes off her shirt, and is now only dressed in a bra and pants.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 11:23:26 am
Take off my own shirt, hugging her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 11:31:46 am
She kisses you, rubbing your back.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 11:40:12 am
Kiss her back, and keep going with it, not making any moves to take it further, but allowing her to if she wants.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 11:49:54 am
You both finish up, and lie in bed.

Someone knocks on your door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 12:11:30 pm
Who's there?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 12:15:52 pm
It's Mellack. I have supplies.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 12:32:59 pm
Whisper to Sharon.
"Get your shirt back on."
Get my own on, and when she's done, open the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 12:37:12 pm
You open the door, Mellack brings in some bags of food, freeze-dried shrimp and potato chips. He also sets down a box of nanites. "Well, I came to talk to you about nanite enhancements."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 12:55:09 pm
"Go ahead."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 12:57:58 pm
"Well, I brought these nanites for a reason, but without refrigeration, their shelf life is much shorter. So, I've got a bunch of different nanites that do a bunch of different things, and I have been going around asking if anyone would like to have some since, well, they'll expire otherwise. Think of something that you want, I probably have it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 01:07:11 pm
"Invisibility? Levitation? Hacking? Psychokinesis? Super-strength? Freezing?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 01:10:22 pm
"We've got hacking. It's just that, well, superstrength and invisibility have been taken already and I want to balance us out."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 04:23:40 pm
"I'll take the hacking, then."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 04:33:38 pm
Mellack nods, and then gets to work quickly. He fills up the syringe. "Alright, hold out your arm."

"Yeah, before you start, I just want you to know that I'm taking metalmorphing," says Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 04:35:32 pm
Hold out my arm.
"Metalmorphing?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 04:44:50 pm
"The ability to turn into metal, reshape myself. Stuff like that."

"Yes, but it's highly experimental! If you choose that, you'll be doing so knowing full-well that I cannot guarantee it will go according to plan!" Mellack turns to you. "You still want hacking, right?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 04:47:21 pm
"How much can the hacking do, exactly?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 04:52:12 pm
"Well, you can bypass most security systems and can control any electronic device by touching it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 04:54:00 pm
"Works for me. Is there enough of any other nanite to take a second one?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 04:59:25 pm
"Yes. We've got enough of the superstrength and invisibility left. Although...we have yet to fully study the effects of this combination of nanites inside of a human, so we can't be sure of the possible short and long term effects this may have." Mellack fills up several syringes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 05:01:38 pm
"I'll play it safe, and leave the superstrength. Hacking and invisibility is too good a combination to pass up."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 05:09:06 pm
"Alright," says Mellack. He swabs your arm, and then injects you with both syringes.

You begin to see your skin flickering as the nanites install themselves. You mostly disappear, and then reappear. A small HUD appears in the lower right corner of your vision, the hacking component. It currently says that you aren't connected to anything.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 05:10:08 pm
"Okay, then..."
Try cloaking, and look for an electronic device.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 05:16:19 pm
You cloak, you are invisible save for a slight disturbance of air where your body is. Barely noticeable.

You step outside, and see the cardkey reader on your door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 05:35:52 pm
While still cloaked, go to the door of a room occupied with strangers, and use the key-card reader to open it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 05:43:56 pm
You touch the card reader. The HUD tells you the model information, and then lists a few functions, such as setting it up to read a different card, deactivating it, or having it reject all cards. You open the door. A man sitting at his desk turns around suddenly. "Hello? Hello, who's there!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 05:53:50 pm
Hiss quietly, but menacingly.
Tiptoe in, looking for any appliances I can terrify him with.
It's all for science!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 05:58:24 pm
The man slowly gets up. You see a television across from the beds, and his computer.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 06:19:20 pm
Close the door again, and deactivate it.
Cause his moniter to switch off, and the computer to play horribly eerie music. Put the TV on static, and mute.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 06:52:36 pm
"What is this!?"

The man runs for the door, unable to open it. He pounds on the door, panicked.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2011, 06:56:56 pm
Hiss.
"Join... ussss..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2011, 06:59:55 pm
"Who are you!? What do you want!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 05:43:39 am
Stop the music, and switch off the TV, making no noise.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 06:23:12 am
The man slowly moves for the window, trying to open it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 06:30:03 am
Decide any further frights will probably send him jumping out the window, and open the door again, walking out, and back into my room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 06:34:25 am
You do so. The man runs out into the hall behind you, and runs for the lobby. You reenter the room to find Sharon lying on the bed, sweating profusely, Mellack holding an ice bag to her head, with a vomit bucket ready.

"She's reacting violently! The nanites aren't stable, they're causing an adverse reaction!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 06:40:49 am
Uncloak, and close the door.
"Damnit! Do you think she'll be okay?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 06:44:04 am
"She's showing signs of sickness...it might clear up, but now it's not looking too good!"

Mellack holds up the bucket, and Sharon vomits into it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 06:54:24 am
"What can I do to help?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 07:04:30 am
She looks over, smiling weakly. "Hold...my hand..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 11:49:36 am
Nod, and kneel next to her, holding her hand tightly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 12:24:24 pm
You hold her hand, noticing it to be quite hot. She wretches, and vomits again into the bucket, some if it splashing onto your shirt.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 01:48:52 pm
Keep holding her hand, and ignore it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 01:55:33 pm
Suddenly, her hand turn chromatic in color, and melts!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 01:58:07 pm
Jump a little, and let go.
"Does this mean it's working or she's dying?!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 02:06:34 pm
"I've never seen anything like it..." Mellack watches, amazed.

Soon, her entire body has melted into liquid metal. The metal puddle lies on the bed for a while.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 02:08:05 pm
Sharon, are you okay? Can you hear me?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 02:14:23 pm
Whoa...

The puddle slides off the bed and around the room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 02:18:34 pm
Try turning into something.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 02:22:17 pm
The puddle reforms into a rather unassuming briefcase.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 02:24:07 pm
I wonder...
Pick her up, and try cloaking with her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 02:29:44 pm
Sadly, that doesn't work. It seems that the nanites are limited to your body only.

This is so weird...
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 02:37:10 pm
Put her down, and step back.
Try turning back into your regular self.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 02:47:16 pm
She reforms, first the metal shaping into her form, and then her color restoring. She opens her eyes, and then pukes all over your front.

"Sorry...that's the last of it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 02:50:27 pm
"Relax... it's fine... Try turning into a gun, or something."
See if there's a bathroom I can clean my clothes in. Try transforming my clothes into armour and back and see if it removes the vomit.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 02:56:58 pm
The vomit is still on the armor, and this is still on the clothes. You wipe it off of your armor, and come back out to find Mellack looking slack-jawed at an assault rifle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 03:00:31 pm
"Can you get a silencer so I can test-fire you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 03:14:49 pm
A silencer magically sprouts out of the barrel.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 03:58:37 pm
"Okay, let's try this out, as awkward as this feels."
Pick her up, and try firing once at a wall with no other room behind it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 04:02:14 pm
A bullet flies out and buries itself in the wall.

"Amazing!" exclaims Mellack.

A small droplet of liquid metal leaks back out of the wall and slides up your leg, then over your arm, and finally it merges with the gun.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 05:04:19 pm
"That's awesome."
Set the gun down, and step back.
"Try a computer."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 05:08:03 pm
Slowly, the gun shifts to form a convincing desktop computer.

"Wait...can this thing even run?" asks Mellack.

It powers on.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 05:15:56 pm
Use my powers to access it. See what files she has on her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 05:20:25 pm
She doesn't have any extra files that a brand new operating system wouldn't have.

"I think I can store data like this," she says, her voice synthesized.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 05:24:23 pm
"Mellack, try inserting the storage device int- Err, I mean... Try uploading the files you got from the base onto her."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 05:28:14 pm
"Alright," says Mellack, unsure of whether or not it will work. He slowly picks up his storage device, inserting it into the USB drive.

"Information...I'm reading it all...this is so amazing...everything watered down to simple ones and zeros...I'm reading it all...all of this information is in my head..."

"Be careful what you do with that," says Mellack, "most of that is highly classified."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 05:31:09 pm
"I'm not really sure that matters anymore."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 05:34:40 pm
"I'm finished storing the data," says Sharon. She 'spits out' the flashdrive, and morphs back into herself. "I'm still feeling nauseous, and hot. Hopefully that should clear up eventually."

You hear a knocking on the door. Open up, it's Zinn and Niwo.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 05:39:23 pm
Cloak, and open the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 05:42:54 pm
You open the door, and get pushed by Dave. "Heat-vision!" he exclaims, waltzing in. "Oh, and superstrength too," he says, flexing. Zinn and Niwo step in behind him.

"Greetings," says Zinn to the invisible you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 06:17:48 pm
See if there's anything in the room I can fuck with by hacking to make me look "cool."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 06:19:08 pm
You've got the television and the air conditioner. Try to work with those.

Lans appears in the middle of the room, making Mellack jump. "Ha! I was actually invisible the whole time!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 06:38:51 pm
See what options the HUD gives me for the air conditioner that I couldn't do normally.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 06:41:41 pm
> Adjust heat beyond maximum
> Adjust cooling beyond minimum
> Cause malfunction
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 06:50:41 pm
Change the temperature to the lowest level I possibly can, and invisibly watch the others.

Ask Mellack.
Did Luukner, Hector or Verr get any?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 06:54:43 pm
Luukner chose superstrength. Verr chose motor enhancement. Hector chose motor and sensory enhancement.

Niwo demonstrates his superior typing skills on Sharon. Zinn surprisingly becomes a sea green-haired  violet-eyed human.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 07:02:17 pm
Keep waiting for the air conditioner to freeze everyone. What temperature did I set it to?

You got the same nanites as us, Zinn? You look good.

Hack into Sharon, and cause every key Niwo presses to bring up the wrong character.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 07:04:41 pm
Sharon gasps, and then all of the keys come up wrong. Niwo looks at the keyboard, puzzled.

Fgkdjr? Oqweurma! Ierubgafaf! Sharon shouts gibberish over your comlink.

"WHY IS IT SO COLD IN HERE?" asks David, shivering.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 07:38:25 pm
Restore Sharon's original settings, but make her voice sound really high-pitched, as if she's on helium.

Turn the temperature up to as high as I can, instead, and see if I have any special options for the TV.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 07:47:49 pm
"Velocity! W-what is this? I don't like this!" Sharon squeaks.

Everybody soon starts sweating, and you get movies that you would normally have to pay to watch for free on this television.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 07:57:56 pm
Aw, fine. I was going to make you play bad old music next, but just for you.
Fix Sharon's voice, and select "Cause malfunction" on the air-con.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 08:02:50 pm
The air conditioner stops working, and everyone is still confused.

"If I may," says Zinn, "I have a few queries that I must ask Velocity. Could you please...leave?"

Everybody besides you and Sharon, as well as Mellack leaves. "Party in Zinn's room!" yells David on his way out.

Mellack closes the door.

"...What are some of the finer points of being human?" he asks, clearly still unaccustomed to his new body.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 08:12:40 pm
"It's just like being Mandalorian, only you have more digits, fewer arms, no pheromones, less swimming ability, sweat, a weaker hide, and give birth to live young... Yeah, we're a pretty crappy species, come to think of it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 08:17:11 pm
"It's...interesting. I feel a lot cooler, temperature control isn't a Mandelorian strong suit. The loss of my lower arms has been disconcerting, but I can bear. It's just the hands...they're so versatile..." Zinn wiggles his fingers. "And humans...I can feel sensations clearly...this is...nice..." Zinn lays down on the bed, feeling the soft pillow.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 08:24:57 pm
"I can have two sets of human arms, try it."
Demonstrate.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 08:26:45 pm
Zinn looks at you, then slowly sprouts two additional arms. "Ahh...this makes it less of an adjustment." He sits down, and looks at Sharon, then back to you, then does a double-take at Sharon. You see that Mellack is also staring at Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 08:39:41 pm
"Ooh, a guessing game! Judging by your looks... she's turned into me, hasn't she?"
Turn around.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 08:42:49 pm
She has turned into you! She smiles. "Well, the computer was unbelievable enough, but this? Wacky."

She turns her arms into mallets and hits them together. "Really, the nausea was worth it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 08:55:32 pm
"You wouldn't have any of that left, would you, Mellack?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 08:59:50 pm
"The metalmorphing nanite? Velocity, as an expert on the subject of nanites, I really have to warn you about the dangers of taking in too many. You see, the more nanites you've got in you, the more tiny machines there are floating around in your body. So, each of these machines is designed differently and programmed to do certain things, and they've synced up to your brainwaves. However, if you take in too many, these things aren't all compatible with each other, and pretty soon you could be causing some...serious harm to your system. It's really nasty, I mean, the lab rats pretty much liquefied their internal organs..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2011, 09:11:09 pm
"Well, that one had a bad reaction by itself, but sensory enhancement couldn't hurt, right?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2011, 09:13:46 pm
"Well, there's two types of enhancement," says Mellack. "There's sensory enhancement, which makes sight, vision, hearing, smell, and touch more sensitive. And then there's motor enhancement, which increases the speed and efficiency of the electrical impulses between your brain and the rest of the body, giving you faster reaction times and better perception."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 06:00:48 am
"Then wouldn't sensory enhancement make getting shot hurt a hell of a lot more?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 06:24:53 am
"Yes," says Mellack, "we're working on that. But you could try not to get shot "
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 06:47:55 am
"As long as you can update it when you've got the fix, I'll take it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 06:49:13 am
"Alright, I should be able to collaborate with Sharon on this," says Mellack. "So, you want it now, then?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 07:00:34 am
"I haven't felt sick yet, so I probably haven't reached my limit. Sure."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 07:10:30 am
"Alright," says Mellack, getting out the syringes and samples.

He comes up to you with the syringe, and injects you. Soon, you start feeling dizzy, the rush of new, more detailed information disorienting you. You lay down, feeling somewhat numb as new scents and details become apparent to you. You look at Sharon, as individual hairs on her head become more noticeable to you. You hear Niwo in the corner, breathing softly. You faintly smell Mellack's pheromones, and you feel extremely sensitive.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 07:21:53 am
"Woah, this is good... I'm the perfect scout, now, come to think of it. Be quiet a second, let's see if I can eavesdrop."
Listen in to any conversations in the rooms next to me.

Afternoon exam, back in two or three hours.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 08:00:00 am
You can faintly hear the couple in the room over talking about the mysterious hole in their wall that appeared around the time you tested out Sharon. They were out at the time.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 11:03:43 am
"Heh, the people in the other room are wondering why there's a hole in their wall."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 11:19:22 am
"Actions have consequences," shrugs Mellack.

Mellack looks at himself talking. There are two of them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 12:47:18 pm
"My head hurts already."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 12:55:31 pm
Sharon reveals herself, then sticks her tongue out. "This is going to be really f-BLARGH!"

She vomits onto the floor again.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 03:55:26 pm
Stifle laughing.
"Remember, I can fuck things up as much as you can. Wait here, and you should figure out when it's happened."
Cloak, and look around to see if the air-conditioners have a master control somewhere.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 03:59:04 pm
There isn't a master control for all of them, they're individual units. There's a power room to the hotel, though.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 04:04:38 pm
Bypass the hopefully electronic lock, and enter.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 04:12:26 pm
This lock is a physical one. You'd either have to get the key or break through.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 04:23:31 pm
See if there's an obvious place where the key should be.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 04:29:24 pm
You look around the lobby, but you can't really find one.

A janitor comes along, with a mop and bucket.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 04:46:25 pm
See if he has keys on his belt. If he does, wait for him to walk past, and see if he opens the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 04:47:04 pm
He has keys on his belt. However, he does not stop at the door, and instead continues moving down the hall.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 04:52:55 pm
Try to take his keys without him noticing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 04:54:00 pm
The keys jingle as you grab them. He turns his head. "Hello?" He looks around, seeing nobody.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 05:02:03 pm
Stay still. When he turns back, hold the keys in my fist with one hand as I remove them from his belt with the other.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 05:05:14 pm
You unhook the keys. The janitor doesn't notice and continues down the hall.

You turn back towards the door, and see the receptionist looking at the suddenly floating set of keys.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 05:21:24 pm
This is an awkward moment...
Stay perfectly still.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 05:23:28 pm
You stay perfectly still, but you think the receptionist might be catching on. She picks up a phone, and starts dialing a number.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 05:25:43 pm
Listen to what she says, staying still.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 05:27:27 pm
"Hello? Emergency services? I've got someone cloaked in my hotel lobby. They're...holding keys."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 06:02:55 pm
Tell everyone:
Shit, she's smart! Why is it that my pranks always end up with getting arrested? I'm going to hide outside until the heat dies down.
Set the keys on her desk, and silently head outside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 06:05:27 pm
You head outside.

Velocity, you dolt... You can practically see Luukner facepalming.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 06:09:55 pm
Find a dark alleyway, a few blocks from the hotel, and uncloak when nobody is looking.
All I wanted to do was cut off the power! It's only... a very serious crime... I've uncloaked. Taking a look at the surrounding area. They'll have no reason to suspect me, and I don't think they're doing nanite checks on every pedestrian in the city.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 06:11:40 pm
A police car pulls up to the hotel, a few officers getting out. They head inside, presumably to ask questions.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 06:26:50 pm
Wander around the streets inconspicuously, looking at any nearby shops of interest, or places where a job might be available.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 06:31:32 pm
There aren't many shops open, and most of them appear to be restaurants in this part of town. You might be able to snag a job at one of the bars, but you're unsure.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 06:38:30 pm
Find one of the tougher bars, hoping to get a job by how I can deal with violent customers.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 06:45:07 pm
You enter a bar named "The Brazen Bull." It looks like there's a semi-tough crowd in here, but not too bad. Various biking paraphernalia line the walls, plaques and drinks line the bar. There's a bartender tending the bar, he looks at you as you enter.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 06:46:27 pm
Walk up to the bar.
"Any job openings?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 06:48:03 pm
The bartender wipes a glass. "Not any jobs for someone of your stature," he says.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 06:51:52 pm
Crack my knuckles.
"How would you like me to show you that isn't the case?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 06:54:09 pm
"Impress me," says the bartender. He claps, and a large man of incredible girth lumbers out of a room in the back.

"You need me?" asks the large man.
"Yeah," says the bartender. "This guy wants a job. You can keep it if you show him why he shouldn't have it."
"Alright," says the man, cracking his neck.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 06:58:29 pm
"I'm waiting."
Wait for him to strike first. Use my military experience to counter his attack, and drive him to the ground.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 07:00:54 pm
You grab his arm and flip him, before delivering several blows to his throat and chest region. The man lies down, rolling.

"Shit," says the bartender. "...You've got the job."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 07:01:51 pm
Oh, by the way, I'm a bouncer.
"Hopefully the job is more challenging. Where do I start?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 07:03:09 pm
"...Just show up to work at six PM, and bounce anybody that needs bouncing."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 07:09:07 pm
"Do I start today, or tomorrow?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 07:11:57 pm
"Tomorrow..." The bartender goes back to wiping glasses.

Velocity, the police have left, says Sharon. Don't do anything else fucking stupid.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 08:35:46 pm
Nod, and leave, heading back.
Stop trying to look like the most powerful, then. I'm ALWAYS the one who ends up taking it too far.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 08:44:47 pm
All I did was turn into a gun, a computer, you, and then Mellack. That doesn't call for you to create mass hysteria! We're trying to blend in! What are you, stupid?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 08:52:40 pm
Probably.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 08:54:29 pm
Just get back here, the cops are gone.

Sharon signs out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 09:03:58 pm
Take my time heading back, talk to Mellack.
So do I win a prize for causing civil unrest already, or what?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 09:08:34 pm
You win chastising. Velocity, it's suspicious enough that the guards at the checkpoint were murdered. Don't you think the police might draw a connection between murdered guards and cloaked men in the nearby city?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 09:21:37 pm
Fair point. If I play it safe, nothing more will happen with this, though. Please tell me at least ONE of you is laughing about this, that'd make things a lot less awkward on my return.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 09:23:03 pm
David and Lans think it's funny as hell. However, the rest of us are frowning upon you.

You reach the hotel again.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 09:36:06 pm
Knew I could count on those guys...
Head back into the room, closing the door behind me.
"Hey, it's not my fault I can't pull a prank without almost causing an international political shitstorm!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 09:38:20 pm
Sharon comes over and slaps you, her cold metal hand stinging more than it would normally. "Reckless and stupid!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 09:51:34 pm
"Ow... I'll admit I deserved that. Got carried away, a one-off, sorry."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 09:53:45 pm
"Yeah, I guess that's all that was! A one-off that ends up with Crion getting framed for committing an act of war against Hirst!" Sharon crosses her arms. "I can't believe you..."

Zinn, still human, gets up. "You must learn to moderate the use of your powers. You must know when it is appropriate to use them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2011, 10:02:26 pm
"Wait, what reason do they have to believe that it's Crion?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2011, 10:03:47 pm
"They could catch us, run background checks, maybe," says Mellack. "That's bad. We're AWOL soldiers, this is never going to be easy."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2011, 07:46:09 am
Sigh with relief.
"Right, for a moment I thought Crion were already being blamed for this incident. I'm sorry, it won't happen again. At least some good came of this, I was forced to go job hunting, and got a job as a bouncer in "The Brazen Bull" after I easily took down the old one."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2011, 09:33:20 am
"A job, huh?" asks Sharon. "That's all well and good, but what are we going to do with the money? The problem is, we can't exactly go around using our identities. We'll have to acquire new ones, somehow."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2011, 10:49:40 am
"The money can pay for our food, and pay for our lodging. We don't need identities for that."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2011, 10:51:26 am
"Well, no, I mean that I don't want to stay in this hotel. Could we maybe get an apartment, something nicer? And how will your one job provide for all of us? The rest of us are going to have to get jobs as well."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2011, 11:06:14 am
"I know, but it's a start. What're the property laws in Hirst like? Do we need to sign anything or otherwise provide identification?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2011, 11:16:26 am
"We're probably going to have to provide plenty of identification, credentials, background information, things like that if we want an actual home here. The identity part is going to be the hardest, but you've got hacker abilities..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2011, 11:19:27 am
"If I can find a database somewhere, I can fake electronic identification, but that's worse and harder than what I was going to do earlier..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2011, 11:21:23 am
"What?" asks Zinn. "What were you going to do earlier, exactly?"

Sharon turns her arms into metallic blades, casually scraping them together. "Enlighten us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2011, 11:27:52 am
"...I was going to cut the power..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2011, 11:32:34 am
"Oh, I just assumed you meant you knew an easier way to get us fake identities. Right, how about you actually use it constructively, and get every one of us a fake identity? It shouldn't be too hard, just find a database or something, and hack into it, and then create false information for all of us, and print some ID cards."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2011, 11:33:27 am
"Where am I going to find a database?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2011, 11:40:27 am
"Well," says Mellack, "you could possibly find such a database at the police station. The military-grade hacking tools should be enough to bypass any security measures. All you have to worry about is, well, getting caught by the police while infiltrating the station."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2011, 11:41:51 am
"That's a tiny bit worse than the receptionist seeing keys, but I'll try. Work starts at 6pm, so I'll have plenty of time tomorrow."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2011, 11:46:01 am
"Alright," says Zinn, getting up. "I'd best be going to bed, then." He walks out. Sharon jumps into her bed whilst Mellack packs up everything and heads back to his room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2011, 11:47:05 am
Do I have my own bed, or am I sharing with Sharon whether she likes it or not?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2011, 11:50:01 am
There are two beds in this room. Sharon probably prefers you lie with her, though.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2011, 11:58:09 am
"Mind if I sleep there?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2011, 12:00:00 pm
Sharon draws back the covers, sighing. "I'm still angry at you for earlier, but I can't refuse."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2011, 12:16:17 pm
Smile a little, and lie next to her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2011, 12:19:24 pm
You lie down in the bed. She smiles. "Tonight's been an eventful night. I mean, we're all supersoldiers now. I'm a metalmorpher, and you're some kind of virtual ghost."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2011, 03:24:23 pm
"I'm the perfect infiltrator, come to think of it, between the virtual ghost part and my new senses."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2011, 03:36:53 pm
"So, we'll take care of that tomorrow. For now, I'm going to get some rest."

Sharon turns over.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2011, 04:03:07 pm
"G'night."
Turn over as well, and go to sleep.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2011, 04:06:08 pm
You go to sleep.

In your dream, you again float amongst the sea of stars, but come to a sudden halt in front of a large, glowing light.

"Velocity...your mission is special," it says in a deep voice.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2011, 08:46:02 pm
"What mission? Our only goal right now is surviving in relative luxury. And who are you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2011, 08:58:35 pm
"Just a force presiding over this universe...I am not at liberty to tell you, but it will be grater than just watching as two worlds battle for their ideologies."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2011, 09:10:34 pm
"Wait, are you... a god... or God, or what?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2011, 09:16:01 pm
"I am not the absolute God, I'm just the closest thing to it that you've ever seen."

The works flashes, and you're standing over a battlefield, filled with corpses.

"The battle that you were just in...it's only the start of the UMR's offensive campaign against Crion."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2011, 09:22:47 pm
"Wait, so you're saying there is a- I'll worry about my soul later. We're deserters, why does the war concern us?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2011, 09:43:28 pm
"You're leading a group of people with special talents. In fact, if you don't stay involved with this war, well, it won't end well. The UMR is making a move on Hirst. In fact, they've got black ops in Hirst. You...you can stop them here."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 29, 2011, 07:57:01 am
"We can't do anything without more information to go on..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 29, 2011, 10:06:39 am
"That will present itself. The fate of the twin worlds lies in your hands, Velocity. You shall save these people. Or else, you shall all die."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 29, 2011, 06:29:27 pm
"Well, since you're so helpful, I'll just get on with my business and hope this makes this obvious, then..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 29, 2011, 06:38:51 pm
"Don't watch as everything goes up in flames..."

You slowly come to, it is three AM, and you notice that Sharon has melted to a puddle of liquid metal in her sleep.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 29, 2011, 06:45:36 pm
Figure it's best not to disturb her, and try to get some more sleep.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 29, 2011, 06:48:07 pm
You try to get to sleep, but you're getting a nagging call request from Luukner. If it's this late, then it should be important.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 29, 2011, 07:26:16 pm
Sigh, and accept.
What's the matter? Let me guess, had a dream involving a giant glowing light telling us to kill UMR black ops or something insane like that?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 29, 2011, 07:28:09 pm
What? No, it's just that I'm fucking concerned that Verr's trying to break into my room to pry off my plates right now!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2011, 08:32:33 am
Oh, sorry. I thought that maybe I wasn't the only schizophrenic who had that dream. I'll be right there.
Get up quietly, cloaking, and head to Luukner's room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2011, 10:12:42 am
You step out into the hallway to see Verr quietly attempting to break the lock on the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2011, 06:02:06 pm
I'm right behind him. Pretend to be asleep, so I when I catch him, he can't make any excuses. I won't let him harm you, trust me.
While still cloaked, shift fully Mandalorian, and wait. Also see if I can have five fingers on each hand, but still all the plates and scales.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2011, 06:06:29 pm
You get your normal number of five fingers, whilst also being Mandelorian. Verr keeps attempting to break the lock, quietly. Suddenly, he turns his head, looking around, suddenly suspicious.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2011, 06:25:19 pm
Stay perfectly still, hoping he doesn't have thermal.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2011, 06:28:05 pm
Verr doesn't seem to notice you, after a while he resumes his work.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2011, 06:33:30 pm
Tiptoe very slowly and quietly towards him, stopping half a metre behind, waiting.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2011, 06:35:09 pm
Verr soon opens the door.

What the fuck, man? You said you would stop him!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2011, 06:54:18 pm
He's opened the door. Now he can't insist he was trying to fix the lock or something. Stay still and enjoy watching him shit his pants.
When he takes a good few steps into the room, suddenly step forward, grabbing all four of his arms, and drive him to the ground. While holding him down, uncloak, and look him in the eyes with the most menacing stare I can manage.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2011, 06:57:37 pm
You pin him down. He yells as you shut the door behind him, forcing him to lie on his stomach. "What the fuck!? Where'd you come from!?"

Luukner gets up. "Motherfucker...I knew I still couldn't trust you! You're going to fucking kill me!"

Verr tries to turn his head to look at you before Luukner puts a foot on his shoulder. "Why are you here!?"

Verr grunts. "You know why...and you're not telling Velocity the full story here...in fact, he doesn't know anything about our history..."

Luukner proceeds to press down on Verr, making him cry out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2011, 07:18:49 pm
"You're right, Verr, I don't know what happened between you and Luukner, but to tell you the truth: I DON'T FUCKING CARE. I don't want to know if he slaughtered your family; that doesn't matter anymore, Verr! What matters now is that we've got enough trouble to deal with without our own men trying to kill each-other in the middle of the night! We either live together or we die together. Which would you prefer?!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2011, 07:22:07 pm
"Yeah, Verr! Tell us!"

Verr's still crying out from the pressure being exerted upon his back by Luukner's foot. "LIVING! LIVING! BUT..."

Luukner looks down at Verr. "How about you shut up, because he just told you he doesn't give a shit?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2011, 07:45:59 pm
Get up, and off him, and glare at Luukner, speaking firmly.
"What I said was that I don't want your petty squabbles getting in the way of our survival. That doesn't give you the right to act like an asshole, Luukner."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2011, 07:49:47 pm
Luukner reluctantly takes his foot off Verr. Verr coughs, rolling over.

"Right," says Luukner, stepping back. "I won't let that get in the way...but I still don't know if I can trust you, Verr."

Verr gets up. "It's purely personal, Luukner. But no matter how either one of us dies, we've got a witness who knows that it was murder."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2011, 08:12:06 pm
"I don't care if they die on the goddamn battlefield; I'm blaming the survivor."
Turn, and walk out like a badass.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2011, 08:22:03 pm
Verr walks out after you, and reenters his room.

You've solved that crisis for now, what else do you feel like doing?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2011, 08:42:37 pm
See if I can go get some sleep before some other life-or-death situation demands my attention.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2011, 08:46:49 pm
You try to settle down, but as you sit down in the bed you are soon dripping with Sharon. That is to say, you're soaked with liquid metal.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2011, 09:09:22 pm
Take a deep breath, count to ten, and start slowly wiping Sharon back onto the bedsheets.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2011, 09:16:28 pm
The droplets all quickly come out of your shirt and reform back into Sharon's solid body. She has been awoken.

"Why did you wake me up?" she asks, yawning.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 06:40:33 am
"You were all over me... As in, soaked into my clothes."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 06:58:59 am
"...Huh? I melted in my sleep? I'd better work on that, then." She yawns, and rolls over again, falling asleep.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 07:26:57 am
Get a good five minutes of sleep before I'm soaking again.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 07:40:46 am
This time she manages to keep herself together. You sleep through the rest of the night.

Your alarm goes off at 7:00 AM. You wake up, Sharon trying to reach over you to turn it off. She eventually stretches her arm out using her powers and presses the button.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 07:52:18 am
Start getting up.
"I got up at 3am to stop Verr killing Luukner in the middle of the night."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 07:54:56 am
"Oh...how did that work out?" Sharon slowly gets up, walking for the shower, throwing her clothes off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 08:00:09 am
Try to ignore that.
"Apparently they have some sort of history. I essentially told them that if they wanted to live, they'd throw their petty differences aside. They know that if either of them dies, I'm accusing the other of murder."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 08:11:32 am
"But will that deter them?" Asks Sharon, stepping into the bathroom.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 09:00:35 am
"For now, hopefully... Luukner can call me for help again by the radio, but Verr can't."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 09:04:17 am
Sharon shuts the door, you hear the shower turn on.

You hear a knock on the door. It's Zinn, with breakfast.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 09:18:12 am
Open up, and take the breakfast.
"Thanks, Zinn. Sharon's in the shower, I'll leave it out for her."

Tell everyone, except Verr and Luukner:
Hey, everyone. Just a notice that Luukner and Verr at both at serious risk of killing each-other. I had to stop Verr killing Luukner in his sleep last night. Keep an eye on both of them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 09:25:16 am
Everybody confirms that they have received your message. The breakfast is a light one, just eggs and bacon. Zinn transforms into his human form, and starts eating, clearly enjoying himself.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 09:35:26 am
Leave Sharon's food out, and start eating mine.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 09:44:03 am
Zinn is chewing, a little unsure of his new jaws. "Things taste different. Well, that and I've never really tried eggs much."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 09:48:26 am
"You'll get used to them. I never liked seafood as a human."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 10:10:57 am
Zinn nods, and keeps eating. Sharon steps out.

"You know, I don't need to shower anymore. All of the dirt comes right off when I melt." She melts and reforms on your lap.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 10:20:12 am
Smile, and try to kiss her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 10:35:58 am
You both kiss. "So, what do we do today?" she asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 11:02:43 am
"Well, I've got my day planned out already. Hack us some identities, and then be at the bar by six."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 11:08:05 am
"Alright. Do you need any help with that?" asks Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 11:52:09 am
"I'm not sure how you can help me. I tried cloaking with you as a briefcase in my hand and it didn't work."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 11:57:56 am
"Maybe I could get some invisibility nanites on top of this. Or maybe I could impersonate an officer to help get you in?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 12:01:18 pm
"I wouldn't mind having some backup with the invisibility, but as you sure your system can take it? You reacted pretty badly with just the metalmorphing ones."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 12:09:27 pm
"Well, I think you might be right. I still get queasy from that. Alright, how about I impersonate a police officer, then?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 12:12:17 pm
"That might get tricky if you're asked to give any identification..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 12:16:19 pm
"It's a police station in a big city. As long as I look official and pretend to do something, there won't be any questions asked."

Zinn looks up, chewing. "These eggs are good..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 12:22:39 pm
"We feel the same way about all the shrimp we eat. Want to go now, Sharon?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 12:32:06 pm
"Alright," she says, changing into a female police officer. "Let's go."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 12:36:34 pm
Cloak, and head out the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 12:49:02 pm
You head out several blocks, stopping in front of a police station. Sharon heads inside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 01:10:23 pm
Follow her in, silently.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 01:26:48 pm
She looks around, unsure of where to go. She goes down a few corridors, and stands in the middle of a hallway in front if a door marked "database."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 01:42:29 pm
Well this is convenient. Open it for me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 01:46:36 pm
She tries, but it seems to be locked electronically.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 01:56:30 pm
My time to shine.
Unlock the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 02:04:32 pm
It's a bit more difficult, but you get it open. Behind the door are many computer banks, incessant beeping fills your ears, glowing screens fill your vision.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 04:51:06 pm
Access one of the databases, and try making a new entry.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 05:14:59 pm
You hack right in, and start on a new entry. What do you enter?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 06:00:53 pm
What fields need to be filled in?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 06:13:17 pm
The fields include name, date of birth, planet of origin, country of origin, eye color, hair color, height, weight, address, and criminal records.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 07:10:05 pm
Contact the others.
Everyone, what do you want your fake names to be? Don't want to have our real names here, just in case. Sharon, Zinn, you might want to get two identities.


Make two records for myself, one for my human form, one for my mandalorian. Call myself "Dominic Slayter" and "Zarott" respectively. Input both of my appearances accurately, making both birthplaces in different parts of Hirst, and both birthdates in close to my age, but a few years apart, and on different dates. Put both criminal records as blank.

Also check if Mandalorians have surnames, and see which ones are more common.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 07:13:56 pm
Mandelorians have surnames as well, the most common ones seem to be Roch and Mullner.

Make me Clarissa Hudgens and Ree Pernik, says Sharon.
I'll be Manda Parl and Stuart Yates, says Zinn.

Everybody else gives you their names, but you don't really pay attention and put them in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 07:42:49 pm
Fill everybody's names in with appropriate details, and set my Mandalorian name to Zarott Ocher.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 07:46:13 pm
You think you've done well. You print out ID cards.

Hurry up, I think someone's coming, says Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 08:30:28 pm
Quickly finish printing, and shove the cards towards Sharon, quickly leaving the room, and closing it when Sharon leaves.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 08:42:55 pm
Sharon is standing in front of a male cop.

"You. Who are you? What were you doing in there?" he asks.

Sharon freezes up for several seconds.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 09:03:56 pm
If there are no other officers nearby, approach him from behind, and quietly pacify him with a chokehold.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 09:06:56 pm
You get the man in a chokehold, slowly he loses consciousness.

"Great job. But...where do we put him?" asks Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 09:25:57 pm
"We leave him here and get out before they find him. Walk quickly, but not fast enough to be suspicous."
Quickly head for the nearest exit.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 09:30:22 pm
You pass a few officers, but they don't really mark Sharon as being suspicious. You step out onto the streets, Sharon has a pocket full of forged identities. "Alright. Back to the hotel, then?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 09:46:50 pm
Yeah, and by the way, if I want to be a good bouncer, I have to look threatening. I reckon I'll go tonight as Mandalorian and say I'm going in my own place. What do you think of this?
Go into a dark alleyway or somewhere else with nobody around, and uncloak. Try to make my Mandalorian figure taller and more muscular, if possible. Change my clothing to a suit of black armour, modelled vaguely after the armour used by Hirst soldiers, but entirely black, with no helmet, and devoid of any logos or emblems.
Walk back out, towards Sharon, keeping my posture straight, and my strides long. Take care to make every movement seem as intimidating as possible. Stare at her menacingly, a sly smile barely forming. Talk in a firm, commanding, but quiet voice.

"Well..?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 09:49:39 pm
Sharon steps back. "You look...rebellious. And intimidating...so dark. You intimidate me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 10:08:25 pm
Smirk, and start walking back, checking some of the looks I get, and their reactions when I make eye-contact.

I don't care how drunk a man can get, nobody is going to start shit in a bar with me standing in the corner. If the situation calls for charm, I'll use my normal form. If it calls for intimidation, I'll be adopting the persona of Zarott Ocher.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 10:12:24 pm
You're like an entirely different person. Amazing what effect a change in appearance has on someone's mind.

You enter your room at the hotel. It's still pretty early.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on May 31, 2011, 11:00:46 pm
It's more a matter of me being a brilliant actor. Gimme those cards and I'll give them out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 31, 2011, 11:03:28 pm
Sharon hands you the cards, keeping two for herself. You fish the two belonging to you out of the deck. Sharon transforms into her Mandelorian form, Ree. She's still black-shelled.

"We look nice, standing next to each other," she says.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 07:23:11 am
Drop the act for a minute.

"We do, but it's mainly due to you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 07:46:57 am
Sharon hugs you. "I sort of like this bad boy thing you've got going for you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 08:38:17 am
Hug her back, putting on the menace again.
"I figured you would..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 08:53:20 am
"Shouldn't we pass these out?" asks Sharon, shivering slightly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 09:14:13 am
Smirk.
"If you want..."

Put my cards in different pockets, and leave the room, heading to Luukner's.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 09:19:38 am
You head over to Luukner's room, knocking on the door.

"Who are you? Go away!" you hear from the other side.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 09:28:06 am
Hack open the door, and barge in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 09:30:30 am
Luukner jumps back, and takes a swing at you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 09:38:09 am
Duck it, and hand him his card, leering.
"Who'd you think I was..?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 09:45:28 am
"Agh! Oh...Velocity? Don't do that, fuck!" Luukner takes the card.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 09:49:15 am
Laugh.
"Don't worry, Verr's going to get it, too. You two better control yourselves..."
Head out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 10:00:43 am
You step out into the hall and see Mellack and Niwo giving you odd looks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 10:05:34 am
Glare over at them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 10:11:38 am
The two slowly begin to back away. You see fear in their eyes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 10:12:11 am
Suddenly start laughing, and hand them their cards.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 10:17:52 am
They don't each for the cards, they've retreated to their rooms.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 10:23:34 am
You two are no fun, you know that?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 10:28:43 am
Wait, Velocity, that was you? Mellack exclaims.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 10:36:59 am
Yes!
Laugh over the radio.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 10:39:29 am
They both sheepishly come back out and collect their cards.

"I guess you look scary. I guess," says Niwo.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 10:42:10 am
Smile cruelly, and cloak, hacking open Verr's door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 10:53:07 am
You open the door. Verr looks over, then springs for his rifle.

"Identify yourself!" he yells.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 11:00:39 am
Uncloak, and walk in, leering.
"Zarott."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 11:04:40 am
"Stay back or I will shoot!" Verr switches off the safety.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 12:54:49 pm
"Cool it... Just came here to give you this, but if you don't want it, not my problem..."
Show the card.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 12:56:58 pm
"...Wait...Velocity?" Verr snags the card.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 01:19:28 pm
Laugh again.
"This never gets old."
Stride out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 01:39:51 pm
You've got cards for everyone, but doing the same routine for everyone might be a little monotonous. Maybe you should call everyone out at once.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 02:04:45 pm
Everyone who hasn't got their cards come out to the hallway already.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 02:06:47 pm
Everybody comes out, jumping when they see you. They all seem surprised.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 04:53:26 pm
Look over each of them coldly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 05:21:56 pm
"Yeah, that's Velocity," says Sharon. Everybody is intimidated by your appearance and demeanor.

"Is that really necessary?" asks Zinn.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 05:39:48 pm
"Intimidation is a powerful tool..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 05:46:42 pm
"Why? Who are we trying to intimidate?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 07:17:02 pm
Turn human, yawning.
"People at the bar. Don't think the bartender will even ask if I can fight when Zarott goes to replace me. Anyway, Mellack, I know I'm pushing it, but none of the nanites have reacted badly yet. Super-strength would mean nobody would fuck with anyone after I throw out the first one. Also it'll be easy to uncloak and overpower somebody if I need to in the near future."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 07:21:20 pm
"Alright," says Mellack. "Just come into my room, I'll get it set up. What is this, four? You're really pushing it. We once had one soldier with seven different injections, two with six, and five with five, but I'd say those would be out of 100 soldiers tested. You might be feeling down after this one."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 07:37:54 pm
"It's five, if you count the mandalorian one. I don't mind, though. Short term illness is worth long term abilities."
Go into his room, and wait.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 07:42:19 pm
Mellack walks in. "Short term? Actually, some of these effects can be quite severe, long-term or reoccurring. I'd say Sharon was extremely lucky. Alright, just hold your arm out and yadda yadda yadda."

Mellack takes a syringe and fills it up with the fluid.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 07:53:05 pm
Hold out my arm. Offset the nerves by imagining throwing a car at somebody.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 07:55:38 pm
You get stabbed again, this time the reaction is more immediate. You feel a lot of power in your left arm, and you hold back just long enough for Mellack to finish the injection before lifting him above your head with one arm. The power spreads through your body slowly, muscles becoming more defined, your mass building.

"...Could you put me down?" asks Mellack.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 08:12:38 pm
"Sorry."
Put him down, and change back into Zarott.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 08:18:24 pm
Mellack puts away his supplies. "You're not feeling any side effects?"

You begin to feel queasy, a headache starts pounding, and your stomach feels upset.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 08:29:32 pm
Vomit, now not enjoying my enhanced taste.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 08:32:07 pm
You vomit all over the floor. You start to feel better, but you think more is coming up.

"I spoke too soon. Enjoy your nausea. Hopefully it clears up before six tonight."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 09:16:51 pm
Keep going, speaking between vomiting.

"I already thought of that. Sharon can take my place if she has to."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 09:18:30 pm
"What if she's also busy vomiting?" asks Mellack. "This could get quite serious."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 09:55:46 pm
"...Then I'll not show up today... I'll be showing up as a different person, anyway..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 09:58:55 pm
"Alright. Just be sure that you make your employer understand," says Mellack.

You start to feel slightly better. Mellack brings you a bicarbonate of soda. "Drink it, it should help."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 10:23:57 pm
Nod my thanks, and drink it very slowly, in tiny, tiny sips.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 10:27:20 pm
It makes your stomach feel better. You've still got the headache, though. You feel quite strong, but you're having trouble thinking of ways you can demonstrate your new powers discreetly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 01, 2011, 11:04:16 pm
Decide to save that for later.

"Got anything for my headache?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 01, 2011, 11:06:24 pm
"Sorry, but no," says Mellack. "You'll just have to lay down for today, get some sleep, maybe."

Suddenly you grow several inches.

"...That's not supposed to happen. Not at all," says Mellack.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2011, 09:35:35 am
"...Is that a good thing or a bad thing..?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2011, 10:12:19 am
"I've never seen that side effect before, but I'll assume that it's not aroused to be good."

You grow several more inches, and you feel more muscle packing on!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2011, 06:36:25 pm
"I'm going to be a giant, aren't I? I wanted Zarott to be taller, but this much?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2011, 06:37:46 pm
"This amount of growth is unstable!"

You stop growing, but now you're standing at over six feet tall and rippling with muscles.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2011, 07:09:17 pm
"This isn't quite so bad, actually..."
Make my armour big enough to compensate.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2011, 07:10:07 pm
Your armor expands to fit your new frame.

"...Are you still okay? I'm not sure what I should do about this...do you feel any pain?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2011, 07:36:14 pm
"Still got the headache, but nothing else. Lemme clean myself up..."
Clean up the vomit and my armour, then take a shower, and brush my teeth.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2011, 07:38:03 pm
Your shower is quite different from what you're used to, having a carapace and all. Your teeth are more numerous as a Mandelorian, but not functionally different.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2011, 08:20:13 pm
Once I'm dry and dressed, stand up straight in the bedroom.

Sharon, come check out my new side effect.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2011, 08:30:41 pm
Sharon soon comes in, and gasps.

"First the new dark and intimidating thing, and now you're half a foot taller! And you look so strong..." She slowly starts running her hand up and down you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2011, 08:47:04 pm
Tell Mellack:
Okay, I'll admit it. This was another motive for getting this.

Lift her up, cradling her in relative comfort in all of my arms.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2011, 08:49:31 pm
Sharon exclaims an "oh!" upon you lifting her. You gently swing her to and fro, she grabs around your shoulders to secure herself. Her weight is around one eighth of what it was before!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2011, 09:02:05 pm
Lift her up closer, and kiss her, getting ready to IMMEDIATELY break it off and turn my head the other way while setting her down if I feel nauseous.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2011, 09:03:20 pm
You don't feel nauseous, you just feel...love.

"So romantic...Velocity, why don't you show me what you can really do?" Sharon laughs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2011, 09:21:26 pm
Smirk.
"With or without Mellack in the room?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2011, 09:23:41 pm
"Oh...no! I meant how strong you are! Can you really lift a car above your head?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2011, 09:45:07 pm
Laugh, as if I was totally pretending to think she meant that.

"Probably, I reckon I'm about... eight times stronger?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2011, 09:46:32 pm
"Wanna put that to the test?" asks Sharon.
"Wait, you're going out? What if someone sees?" asks Mellack.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2011, 10:02:20 pm
"What if somebody's car was to suddenly 'start floating' for a few seconds? It's a stupid, reckless idea, I know, but it's better than being seen lifting a car..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2011, 10:04:07 pm
"Fine," says Sharon. "We should be able to find a car parked somewhere..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2011, 10:17:41 pm
Cloak, and hold her hand, staying close to her so she doesn't look odd. Leave the apartments, and look for a parked car somewhere relatively quiet, but not deserted.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2011, 10:19:46 pm
You find a car parked in the hotel's back parking lot, away from the street. Nobody is around, as you can observe with your increased senses. You find a red sports car, not the heaviest of cars, but good for your demonstration.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2011, 10:36:18 pm
Decide to get further away from the hotel, as the staff would catch on quickly if they saw.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2011, 10:37:52 pm
You back away from the hotel parking lot, thinking that it's not safe enough. You get onto a nearby street, finding one car parked next to the curb. Nobody is around.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2011, 10:58:34 pm
Let go of her hand a reasonable distance away, and try lifting the car way above my head.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2011, 11:03:44 pm
It still feels quite heavy, but you're lifting it! You're lifting a vehicle that weighs at least a few tons above your head! Sharon gasps.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2011, 11:14:14 pm
Turn human, making a mask form over my entire face, and then uncloak, briefly, setting down the car, and cloaking again, turning my form back into Zarott.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2011, 11:15:00 pm
"...Why did you do that?" asks Sharon, as you set down the car.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2011, 11:32:37 pm
Cloak and change anyway.

Mainly making sure that using multiple kinds of nanites at once doesn't limit the effectiveness, otherwise I'd have dropped the car. Otherwise, it was for show, since nobody else is looking.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2011, 11:33:47 pm
Just don't strain yourself. Come on, let's move before someone gets suspicious for whatever reason.

Sharon starts walking back to the hotel room, wooed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2011, 09:43:32 am
Go with her, uncloaking, back in Mandalorian form, when I get inside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2011, 10:14:15 am
You reenter the hotel, Zinn is standing outside of his room, and comes over to you when you get back.

"Velocity, Sharon, something big just happened. Come in, look at this."

Zinn enters his room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2011, 11:02:56 am
Walk in, hoping I haven't royally fucked up again.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2011, 11:10:56 am
No, this time it's a news program showing footage of some kind of massacre at a federal office in town.

"Look, there's at least 30 people dead, all from bullet wounds. The government's looking over the security footage, but from what I can tell this is some kind of operation, probably by the UMR."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2011, 11:12:03 am
"This is going to sound absolutely insane, but I had a dream in which I was told the UMR were making a move on Hirst, and if we killed the Black Ops teams, we could prevent it..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2011, 11:17:23 am
Zinn and Sharon turn to you. "Really?" asks Zinn. "Well, I guess we've got black ops teams operating here. But us? Why do we have to be the ones to stop them?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2011, 11:21:03 am
"The fairy said something about our abilities. I guess we're the best ones for the job..."

Check the time.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2011, 11:25:12 am
It's coming up on 6:00 PM.

"Fairy? Look, man, I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm starting to think that you actually are kind of loopy."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2011, 11:34:36 am
"That was a joke. It was a giant ball of light, which doesn't make me sound much more sane, does it? I'll be heading to the bar, now."

Make sure I look as presentable and intimidating as possible, and head to the bar as Zarott as menacingly as possible, glaring at somebody angrily every so often.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2011, 11:35:59 am
You get a few odd looks as you walk down to the bar. You enter, the bartender still cleaning glasses. There are a few people here, but there should be more soon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2011, 11:49:39 am
Walk over to the bar, putting my hands on the counter, leaning forward slightly. Talk to the bartender, never breaking eye contact at all, smirking slightly.

"So you hired my scrawny human acquaintance... He couldn't make it, so I'm here..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2011, 11:52:01 am
The bartender turns. "Who the hell are you? That kid? Sure, he beat the crap out of my bouncer. What, you're saying that he gave you his job?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2011, 11:56:37 am
"Zarott Ocher, the guy who taught him to use that cheap trick he pulled... Who do you want me to demonstrate on?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2011, 12:00:59 pm
"BOUNCER! THE GUY'S FRIEND IS HERE TO TAKE YOUR JOB FOR GOOD!"

The large, burly bouncer comes back out. This time he seems really angry. "So, he couldn't even be bothered to show up himself!?" He throws up his fists and flies at you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2011, 12:16:12 pm
Grab both his arms, punching him in the stomach repeatedly with my free hands, break his wrists, and toss him out of the bar, turning casually to the bartender.

"Is that enough?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2011, 12:17:30 pm
"You're hired," the bartender says without a second glance at the other guy. "So, you starting right now? It's 6:00."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2011, 12:25:43 pm
"That's what I came here to do... Where do I stand?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2011, 12:27:19 pm
"Just stand next to the door, bounce whoever I tell you to. By bounce I mean throw them out, beat them up if you have to. Twelve-hundred credits an hour."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2011, 01:07:45 pm
"Easy..."

Stand next to the door, looking around the bar, making eye contact with everybody for just long enough for them to think I'm watching them specifically.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2011, 01:09:00 pm
Nobody seems to be paying you too much mind. You sit around for the next hour just looking at people menacingly.

You serve your entire shift uneventfully. It's four AM by the time you get out, you get 12000 credits for it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2011, 01:16:07 pm
You guys are meant to be professional soldiers. Why are you more scared of me than a bunch of idiots in a bar?

Take the money without a word, and keep heading back, being on the lookout for anybody not too satisfied with how I dealt with the previous bouncer.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2011, 01:17:41 pm
Nobody wants to fight with you, at least it seems like that. You head back to the hotel, coming back to the lounge area to see everybody chatting inside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2011, 01:41:49 pm
"You guys are up late."
Sit down.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2011, 01:45:05 pm
"We were just waiting for you to come back. You work a long shift," says Sharon. "Anyway, several of us also managed to get some jobs. Add your credits to the pool, we're trying to see how much we have."

In the center of the table is a pile of at least 50000 credits.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2011, 02:05:29 pm
Put in mine.

"It was pretty boring, but it was fun beating up the old bouncer for the second time, especially with my new... capabilities. What did you get jobs as?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2011, 02:16:22 pm
"I went down and applied to stand around advertising whilst holding a large sign," says Sharon.
"Yeah, so did I," says Niwo.
"I'm serving at a restaurant," says Zinn.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2011, 02:38:28 pm
Nod.
"So how long do you reckon we'll have to save until we can afford more permanent accommodation?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2011, 02:40:19 pm
"At this rate, not long," says Sharon. "However, I think we'll need to buy multiple accommodations, to accommodate all of us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2011, 05:05:12 pm
Avoid asking questions about the other planet, to avoid giving them any more excuse to think I'm crazy, which I am.

Nod.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2011, 05:08:16 pm
"...Well, I think we should be getting to bed, don't you?" Zinn stands up, and walks off.
Sharon embraces you calmly. "Yes, I've been waiting to get in bed all day."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2011, 06:43:04 pm
Hug her back, smiling, and carry her back to the room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2011, 06:46:21 pm
You carry her back to the room with ease, opening the door and throwing her onto the bed. She laughs, then picks up a pillow and playfully whacks you over the head with it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2011, 08:47:58 pm
Laugh.
"I'd pillow fight you, but I'd be too scared of knocking you out."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2011, 08:55:43 pm
"Well, I guess I can pillow you all I'd like then!" She continues her assault, laughing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2011, 09:09:15 pm
"Two can play at this!"
Disarm her, careful not to hurt her, and lift her high up in the air above me, still laughing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2011, 09:22:09 pm
She laughs, and you share in an absurd moment as you toss her up into the air, catching her using each of your hands, juggling.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2011, 09:40:23 pm
Smile, setting her down on the bed gently, lying next to her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2011, 09:45:29 pm
Sharon yawns. "It's been a wild day...goodnight."

She soon is asleep.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2011, 09:54:41 pm
Get paranoid thoughts that she's doing this on purpose, but go to sleep anyway.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2011, 09:56:11 pm
You go to sleep, but you do not dream of the glowing orb deity again.

You wake up in the morning, covered in liquid metal.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2011, 10:23:13 pm
Get up, drying myself off on the bedsheets again.

"You know, waking up with you all over me would be a lot nicer if you could stay solid."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2011, 10:31:02 pm
The droplets each slide off, reforming back into one whole, Sharon wakes up and yawns. "I can't help it...where's breakfast?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2011, 10:43:07 pm
"Fine, just for you."

Start making two breakfasts, getting ready to yell at the first person to ask me to make another one for them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2011, 10:44:26 pm
You don't have any materials to make breakfast with. From what you know, they serve breakfast downstairs in the mornings.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2011, 10:57:06 pm
"Right, we don't have anything. Let's head downstairs and get a fry-up or something."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2011, 10:59:26 pm
Sharon yawns, then gets up and follows you downstairs.

You head into the dining area. There are plenty of self-serve stations around, supplying various breakfast foods, including Mandelorian essentials such as shellfish. If you're feeling like other food, there's always eggs, cereal, and milk, as well as fruit juices and pancakes available.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2011, 11:12:25 pm
Just for the hell of it, get pancakes, wondering if they'll taste different.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2011, 11:14:17 pm
You make some pancakes at the self-serve station, then sit down at a table with Zinn and Niwo, who are already enjoying some breakfast. "Sleep well?" asks Zinn as you sit down.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2011, 11:22:38 pm
Eat while making light conversation.

"Alright, no eeriely accurate schizophrenia this time. You?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2011, 11:28:28 pm
You eat the pancakes, noting that they taste slightly more bland as a Mandelorian.

"We slept well. I guess," says Niwo.
"I am enjoying being a human...I never knew flapjacks would be so subtly more tasteful." Zinn eats a bite of his pancakes, drizzled with maple syrup.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2011, 11:39:04 pm
See if I can change my tongue to a human tongue.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2011, 11:40:16 pm
It works quite nicely, although the tongue is a bit small for your mouth. The pancakes taste like they normally would to a human, and you're able to more thoroughly enjoy them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2011, 07:24:22 am
Nod, talking to him on the radio.
If you change your tongue, you can enjoy anything as either species. Mandalorian tongue might be too big for the human mouth, though.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2011, 09:23:09 am
I'll keep that in mind.

You see Luukner walking in, shadowed by Verr.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2011, 09:25:09 am
Watch them while eating, a cold glare telling Verr not to do anything retarded.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2011, 09:32:38 am
They both head to the serving stations.

You suddenly become nauseous again, and start having spasms.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2011, 09:46:48 am
Quickly head back up to my room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2011, 09:52:39 am
You run back up to your room, but in the hallway you bend over and vomit, a yellowish-red mixture spilling onto the ground.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2011, 10:01:19 am
Keep running.
Somebody clean up the sick I left in the hallway. If somebody else sees me they'll insist I see a doctor. Said doctor wouldn't be pleased to discover all my nanites.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2011, 10:08:11 am
Eww, I'm not cleaning that up! You do it! says Sharon.

You start feeling better, but only marginally. Your recent purge is still in the hallway, but a hotel staff member might just clean it up without any questions.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2011, 10:15:45 am
Get into my bathroom, and get the rest of it out of my system.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2011, 10:22:07 am
You spit the rest of the vomit into the toilet. You're pretty sure the episode is over.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2011, 04:38:38 pm
Stand up, brushing my teeth.
So what's the plan for today?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2011, 04:46:12 pm
Go to work, maybe we could look further into what happened last night. Could have something to do with those UMR black ops teams you were concerned about.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2011, 04:49:21 pm
I'm not working until six, so I have to occupy myself all day. Not sure how I can go about finding out about the black ops.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2011, 04:53:38 pm
Access police records? They're probably investigating it, and we can make use of whatever you can hack out of their system. You'd have to venture into that police station again, though. Or, you could try to find us someplace to live.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2011, 04:56:06 pm
Which do you reckon is a priority?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2011, 04:58:02 pm
Which do you think? I have to say, it's quite expensive renting out all these rooms.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2011, 05:43:55 pm
It's not obvious when a giant light told me the former was necessary to save the world. I'll do the latter.

Head out in human form, wearing casual clothes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2011, 05:45:41 pm
You head out, glimpsing the city around you. You continue along, searching for living space for rent. Eventually you come upon a complex a few blocks from the hotel, you could consider asking inside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2011, 06:06:39 pm
Go inside, looking for somebody who seems to be in charge, or some kind of receptionist.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2011, 06:12:57 pm
There doesn't appear to be anyone at the desk, but there are a few advertisements for open rooms, and a telephone number you can call to arrange to rent an apartment. You guess you could check the prices and call later.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2011, 06:23:54 pm
Check the adverts, seeing if there's anything that can support ten people.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2011, 06:27:21 pm
You understand that these apartments are built to support three, maybe four people at the most. You'd have to rent out two of them for 5000 credits a month, and you think everyone would have to get a job.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2011, 06:41:51 pm
How's 5000 a month?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2011, 06:43:28 pm
That seems decent. We should be able to manage it. How many apartments are we renting, though?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2011, 06:58:29 pm
I reckon we can fit five in each.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2011, 07:01:01 pm
Sounds like a plan. Well, are you going to undertake finding out about that security breach today?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2011, 07:12:46 pm
The work never ends and the appreciation never starts.

Cloak in private, and head back to the police station.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2011, 07:15:08 pm
You stand outside of the police station, and note that there are a higher number of officers here today. Well, that and it's not as late as it was last time, and it's after something just happened.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 06, 2011, 05:59:34 am
Start heading back to the database room, hoping the knocked out officer was overshadowed by the killings.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 06, 2011, 11:24:03 am
You head for the database room, but when you reach the door, with a glance inside, you see several officers working. It might be a bit difficult to go unnoticed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 06, 2011, 06:19:39 pm
Open the door and step in, silently waiting in the corner.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 06, 2011, 07:10:33 pm
You wait for several minutes, but it doesn't look like all of them are going to leave the room at once if at all. You'd have to find an unoccupied terminal, and then hope nobody noticed it operating itself.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2011, 05:14:18 am
Walk past them, using my enhanced sight to see if they're looking at anything of interest to me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2011, 08:46:02 am
Case files, pertaining to the security breach! It's what you're looking for.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2011, 04:34:14 pm
Read over somebody's shoulder.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2011, 05:03:21 pm
You find out about a small killing spree that's been occurring for several weeks. Unless you want to go find a murderer, this isn't going to help you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2011, 05:13:10 pm
Look at every console.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2011, 05:19:14 pm
Several of them are working on the incident that occurred last night, but the case notes are scattered and are still being compiled. You're not learning much besides that it's suspected that armed radicals committed the attack.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2011, 06:36:34 pm
Decide I better double check. Leave and find a fire-alarm. Trigger it when nobody is around, and start moving back.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2011, 06:39:01 pm
You pull a fire alarm, and easily get the police station into a frenzy. Everybody ignores carefully-detailed fire exit procedure and runs out, while you head back in.

The terminals are open. You've got at least several minutes to find what you're looking for.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2011, 06:56:36 pm
See if there's any way to make a hard copy of all the data related to to the incident and all related incidents, like a printer.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2011, 07:08:37 pm
You print the information. The job takes several minutes.

You think you hear people starting to come back in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2011, 07:12:18 pm
Realise that I can't carry out the pages and that I'm an idiot. Panic, and hide by the doorway, moving out when people stop moving in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2011, 07:14:12 pm
You hide by the doorway, watching people move past.

There's a chance that you can conceal the papers underneath your clothing, because it seems that that part's also become invisible. Although the paper offers some encumbrance, due to the size of the stack.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2011, 07:28:02 pm
Wait to see if anybody notices the high-suspicious pile of information lying on the floor.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2011, 07:32:31 pm
The police are too occupied with their own work. Typical.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2011, 07:45:13 pm
Decide not to complain about police incompetence just this once, and slowly try putting the stack of paper into my clothing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2011, 07:47:09 pm
You can't help but wince at every little sound you make, but you remember that you're probably the only one in here with military-grade nanite enhancements.

You slip the papers under your shirt.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2011, 08:00:54 pm
Cautiously leave the building, and head back to my room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2011, 08:03:29 pm
You crouch walk through the station without incident. You leave, continuing down the sidewalk.

You reach the hotel again, finding Sharon and Mellack having a conversation in your room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 08, 2011, 06:19:51 pm
Listen in before I open the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 08, 2011, 06:28:25 pm
You already opened the door, thus discovering the conversation.

"Velocity, did you get the files? We've found a suspicious hideout. We might have found them," says Mellack.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 08, 2011, 06:45:45 pm
Uncloak, handing the notes to him.

"They're only just being organised, but I hit a fire alarm and compiled what I could. What do you make of them?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 08, 2011, 06:54:24 pm
Mellack thumbs through the documents.

"This pretty much outright tells us the UMR is responsible," says Mellack.
"Well, alright. Pretty soon Hirst will be going to war. But while we're here, we should deal with the black ops ourselves, or whatever it was that you were so determined to do. We're still soldiers." Sharon turns her hands into sharp knives.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 08, 2011, 07:08:31 pm
"Where do you think they're hiding? I can scout it out, eavesdrop, check any computers for evidence."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 08, 2011, 07:12:51 pm
"Well, call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure a guy with a rocket launcher for an arm isn't normal. Well, I deduced that he had a rocket launcher for an arm since I saw him off-handedly stick up a convenience store with it before running off into an alleyway several blocks away, and then I didn't see him come back out."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 08, 2011, 07:34:58 pm
"...What kind of black ops unit robs a- I'm not even going to ask. We can't attack them until we know what we're dealing with, so I'll scout it, now or tomorrow, depending on the time."
Check the time.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 08, 2011, 07:45:07 pm
It is currently 1:00 PM. You have five hours before you need to get to your job.

"Should we rent out the apartment soon? I'm pretty sure staying in this hotel for a week is more expensive than staying in an apartment for a whole month," says Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 08, 2011, 07:52:26 pm
"We've already paid for it for today, so that's not an issue right now. What's the smallest form you can take? You'll be invisible if I put you in a pocket, and you'll be able to tell me directions to the enemy hideout."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 08, 2011, 07:57:21 pm
"Let me try. I'm not sure how this works exactly, but I'm guessing that it might have something to do with density. Then again, my assault rifle form didn't seem that heavy to you."

Sharon turns into a square block, then into a laptop, then into a handheld camera, then into a tin of candies, then into a cellphone, and then finally into a wristwatch.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2011, 06:39:30 pm
Pet her on, and try cloaking.
"This is also useful because you can turn into a gun if I get into any bother."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2011, 06:49:26 pm
The screen flashes on, displaying a message.

"JUST TRY TO AVOID THAT. THIS IS HARDER THAN IT LOOKS."

You cloak, successfully concealing both yourself and the wristwatch on your person.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2011, 07:01:57 pm
"Okay, heading out now."

Walk outside.
Okay, tell me which way to go.
Follow her directions.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2011, 07:11:46 pm
Her handy little display keeps you heading in the right direction. You walk for several blocks before coming upon a peculiar alleyway. Sharon begins flashing, indicating this to be your destination.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2011, 07:33:30 pm
Creep in, keeping my sight, hearing, and smell on the lookout for anything suspicous.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2011, 07:39:53 pm
You note a conspicuous dumpster around the corner of the alley. It's positioned oddly, somewhat crooked in the corner. It smells strongly of garbage and decay, but it's empty.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2011, 07:52:54 pm
Slowly climb over, seeing if there's anything behind.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2011, 07:56:41 pm
You spot a dusted-over trapdoor underneath the dumpster. It seems this little pursuit wasn't unfounded.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2011, 08:13:21 pm
Very, very slowly open the trapdoor, and slide inside, silently shutting it behind me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2011, 08:17:23 pm
You hop down into a dark basement. It seems that nobody's around, at least from what you can sense. You see the dim outline of a hallway, a mid-sized living room area ahead.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2011, 08:30:07 pm
Quickly, but quietly move into the living room, careful not to trip over anything in the dark. Look around the living room for any form of information or evidence pertaining to the squad.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2011, 08:35:40 pm
There are several UMR weapons lying around, as well as a small terminal in sleep mode, a television in the corner.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2011, 08:53:56 pm
Hack into the terminal and put it on mute. Look through the data.

Could you turn into a storage device and get these files onto you? They haven't even put a padlock on their door, and they just leave UMR weapons lying around. They don't seem smart enough to have any cyberwarfare planned out against potential hackers.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2011, 08:58:32 pm
"TAKE ME OFF FIRST."

You hack in.

Oh...oh dear...

There aren't any files, but there's several gigabytes of the most disturbing Mandelorian pornography that you've ever seen.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 10, 2011, 06:43:59 am
"OH GOD WHAT IS THIS?"
Turn around, and reformat the hard drive out of principle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 10, 2011, 12:44:16 pm
You completely wipe the hard drive.

You hear a door open down a different hallway. Someone's here!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 10, 2011, 06:44:01 pm
We have surprise here. We could kill them now if you want to try...
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 10, 2011, 06:48:37 pm
What do you want me to do? Guns? Animals? Important persons?

Suddenly the lights switch on, and standing across from you is a mid-sized blue Mandelorian. You both stare at each other.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 10, 2011, 10:15:38 pm
Turn into a robotic wolf or something!
Pull off the watch, dropping it, raising my hands.

"Hey, you don't fully understand what's going on here. If I asked you to hold up and talk about this reasonably, would your answer be the same as your answer to this question?"

Suddenly cloak and dive for the closest gun.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 10, 2011, 10:21:54 pm
The Mandelorian bursts into flame as Sharon turns into a metallic wolf! She backs off of him, the Mandelorian running at her recklessly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 10, 2011, 10:39:19 pm
Aim for the legs, and spray. Not my ammo I'm wasting.

Turn your nose into a turret or something! Go for the legs!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 10, 2011, 10:41:45 pm
Sharon is confused for a moment as she tries to go somewhere with that request. The bullets bounce off of some kind of shimmering forcefield around the Mandelorian as he blasts several fireballs at you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 11, 2011, 08:22:58 am
Still cloaked, dive out of the way, and use my nanites to turn the lightswitch off, and stop it from working. He'll be lit up like a funeral pyre, so we'll be able to see him better than he sees us.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 11, 2011, 12:04:32 pm
The Mandelorian blasts Sharon, melting her into a puddle. He quickly turns his attention right to you,, picking you out despite your cloak.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 11, 2011, 07:25:45 pm
Stall for time, looking for any electronic equipment I haven't noticed yet, or any sort of fan or air conditioner.
"...What are UMR Black Ops doing in Hirst?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 11, 2011, 07:28:31 pm
"I don't have to tell jack shit to you!" the Mandelorian says with several more blasts! You feel your eyebrows get singed.

Your vision and programming helpfully point out a mini fridge in the corner.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 11, 2011, 07:42:38 pm
Try to turn into a powerful fan!
"WELL AT LEAST I DIDN'T ASK ABOUT THE FUCKING PORN! I NEED TO BLEACH MY EYES, NOW!"

Dive to the fridge, swinging the door open, and try to make the room obscenely cold.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 11, 2011, 07:48:53 pm
You kick the tiny fridge motor into overdrive, you succeed in creating a loud whirring noise. Sharon meanwhile turns into a large fan, blowing out the flames!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2011, 06:13:06 pm
Quickly take advantage, turning fully into Zarott, and trying to beat him unconscious before he gets the flames back up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2011, 06:14:52 pm
It seems that his forcefield doesn't protect against objects traveling at lower velocities. Your fists knock him to the ground, into unconsciousness.

Sharon changes back. "How the hell are we going to interrogate this guy? Or, well, get him somewhere where we can safely do that? I mean, he's got that little fire trick. How can we restrain him..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2011, 05:52:39 pm
"You could transform into a layer of stone fitting his body perfectly, with a fan attached to it or something, but anybody else could show up here, and he won't be easy to smuggle out in broad daylight."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2011, 05:55:58 pm
"That...actually, I don't think I can do that. We're going to have to come up with some harebrained scheme. At least he's unconscious for the time being."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2011, 07:13:01 am
"I'm completely insane, but never when it's useful... Ah, what if you turned into a cart of some description, and I could push you with the body hidden inside, while I wear some kind of uniform..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2011, 09:45:11 am
"That could work. I guess, but we're going to have to get out of here first."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2011, 05:48:08 pm
Quickly check to see if the TV is some kind of secret computer or something, just in case.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2011, 05:50:14 pm
The television is a normal television. Sharon has turned into a convenient, innocuous cart.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2011, 06:11:32 pm
Put him into it, turning into a human janitor.

Can you form a layer of cleaning supplies over him or something?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2011, 06:15:42 pm
What am I? A plasticmorpher?

Sharon forms a small layer of scrap metal over the body, hiding it from view.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2011, 06:38:59 pm
You turned into a suitcase! Hrm, I'd pretend to be a mechanic, but they wouldn't let me into the hotel. Hrm...
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2011, 06:40:59 pm
...Perhaps a musician?

Sharon turns into a large instrument case, capable of holding a bass violin, or concealing one Mandelorian.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2011, 07:07:21 pm
This is why we have two commanding officers.

Turn my clothes into a long, black coat, and generally look normal.

Stuff the Mandalorian inside, and carry the case up the ladder.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2011, 07:10:26 pm
You walk out onto the street, looking slightly less conspicuous than you would with a body. It's hard not to stare at somebody passing by with a large instrument case, but it's harder to not stare at somebody carrying a body.

You reach the hotel, your group watching you as you enter your room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2011, 03:43:44 pm
Close the door behind me, and open up the case, letting the Mandalorian fall out.
"And... for my next trick..."

Set Sharon down, and let her transform.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2011, 03:55:44 pm
She springs back into human form. "Ta-da!" She laughs with a flourish and a curtsy.

"...Who the hell is that?" asks David.
"Did you go to a party without us? There's a passed-out dude on the floor, so it must've been AWESOME!" says Lans.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2011, 06:27:49 pm
"Oh, the party's just beginning. We still need to ask this guy who the fuck keeps images like that on their computer. Oh, and why his Black Ops squad are in a neutral country."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2011, 06:30:45 pm
Mellack briefly looks him over. "Well...if he's a member of the black ops team, he's highly dangerous. I...my equipment includes several of those mind control devices, I'm sorry to admit. Using it would easily get us everything we need to know."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 18, 2011, 09:28:10 am
Hesitate for a minute, then nod very slowly.

"...This guy has nanites that makes him immune to bullets, and others that could easily set the entire block on fire... It pains me to say this, but it's necessary..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 18, 2011, 10:53:20 am
Mellack sighs, and then moves over to his supply crates, taking out a scalpel, several tools, and the device, the diabolic machine with eight sharp, spider-like legs, and a blue dome set over its electronic parts. Mellack flips the prisoner over, expertly cutting off the plate on the back of his neck. He takes the device, and with a few forceful pushes, slides it into the back of the Mandelorian's neck. He waves a few of the rod-like tools over it before reattaching the neck plate.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 18, 2011, 09:16:04 pm
"Let's get this over with. We find out everything we need to know, then we give him a dignified end. Leaving him alive would be a curse with that, and he's too dangerous to let go."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 18, 2011, 09:21:17 pm
"Alright. Interrogation's all yours, then." Mellack sits back. "Of course, we're going to have to wait for him to wake up, and he might require some time before the machine fully adjusts him."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 18, 2011, 09:28:33 pm
"Can you take some nanite samples while we wait, then? I'm totally loaded, but I'm sure some of you would like personal forcefields or control over fire."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 18, 2011, 09:32:55 pm
"Well, I don't exactly have the equipment to do that. Sure, I can perform an invasive, crude surgery such as this, but I don't have the equipment to separate designer nanites from blood samples and then make more, sadly. If I had to guess, this one is equipped with a basic pyrotechnics nanite, with an experimental type designed to somehow block high velocity objects. He didn't seem to 'deflect' my scalpel, so perhaps it only works with high-speed objects."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 18, 2011, 09:41:29 pm
"I was able to beat him unconscious. Makes sense. It wouldn't be very useful if you couldn't pick up a gun."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 18, 2011, 09:45:21 pm
You hear a groan, seeing the agent roll over. David and Lans make a move to restrain him, holding him down. The Mandelorian opens its eyes, appearing blank and without intelligence. It slowly looks around, mandibles slowly moving in and out.

"Alright, go for it," says Mellack.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 18, 2011, 10:00:39 pm
"Tell me everything about your operations in Hirst, and why did you keep UMR guns lying around in an unlocked base?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 18, 2011, 10:03:34 pm
The Mandelorian hazily looks at you, then grasps the back of his neck, wincing. "FuCk...YoU. WhAt Is THIS?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2011, 07:53:13 am
"It's a mind control device. I'm genuinely sorry, but your activities threaten the safety of everyone in Hirst, and we need to know about them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2011, 12:13:16 pm
With a yell, the Mandelorian weakly attempts to break free. Eventually his struggles cease, and his eyes become completely vacant.

"SIR...WHAT DO YOU REQUEST OF ME?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2011, 06:26:36 pm
"Mellack, reconfigure the device so that he talks to us with all his normal emotions and style of speech, but still tells us the truth. I want to talk to the man, not a drone. We at least owe him that much."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2011, 06:35:14 pm
Mellack winces. "Well, the restrained nature of subjects fitted with the device is a direct result of the mental control. I'm sorry, but if we could do that then we already would have."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2011, 06:45:27 pm
"Alright, then..."
Turn to the prisoner.
"I'm just going to get this over with. Tell me everything about your Black Ops squad: Your missions, your objectives, your bases, your members, other squads in the area... ANYTHING related to the UMR's activity in Hirst."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2011, 06:53:55 pm
The Mandelorian responds. "WE ARE THE ONLY SQUAD STATIONED IN THE CITY AS OF NOW, BUT IN THE COMING WEEKS MORE SQUADS WILL MOVE IN IN ORDER TO MAKE PREPARATIONS FOR AN EFFECTIVE INVASION OF HIRST. OUR BASES ARE LOCATED AT WHERE YOU FOUND ME, UNDERNEATH A BAR KNOWN AS 'THE THIRD SUN,' AND IN AN ABANDONED FISHERY ON THE SHORES OF LAKE MURN AT THE EDGE OF TOWN. THERE ARE FIVE MEMBERS IN MY SQUAD..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2011, 07:12:22 pm
"Tell me the names, appearances, and equipped nanites of each of your squad, and when and where we're most likely to get each of them alone."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2011, 07:20:17 pm
"WE WERE MOVING OUT OF THE BASE DUE TO AN INCIDENT INVOLVING ONE OF MY TEAMMATES HOLDING UP A SERVICE STATION...I WAS THE LAST ONE THERE, PACKING UP. YOU WON'T FIND THEM ALONE, IF THEY'RE IN THE BASE AT ALL THERE WILL BE AT LEAST TWO OF THEM INSIDE. MY SQUADMATES ARE NAMED KORGEN, LUUTNA, ALEX, AND BRANDT. KORGEN IS A TALL, BLACK MANDELORIAN. LUUTNA IS A GREEN MANDELORIAN FEMALE. ALEX IS A HUMAN WITH BROWN HAIR AND BLUE EYES, AND BRANDT IS HUMAN WITH GRAY HAIR AND GREEN EYES. KORGEN IS EQUIPPED WITH SPIDERMORPHING, SUPERSTRENGTH, AND SENSORY ENHANCEMENT NANITES. LUUTNA IS EQUIPPED WITH THERMAL, FORCEFIELD, SUPERSTRENGTH, AND CRYO NANITES. ALEX IS EQUIPPED WITH SUPERSTRENGTH, SENSORY ENHANCEMENT, CLOAKING, THERMAL, AND HAS A ROCKET LAUNCHER FOR AN ARM, HE IS ALSO THE LEADER OF OUR SQUAD. BRANDT IS EQUIPPED WITH HACKING AND CLOAKING, AS WELL AS PHOTOSYNTHESIS NANITES."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2011, 07:31:33 pm
"Photosynthesis nanites?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2011, 07:34:24 pm
"THEY ALLOW HIM TO SURVIVE SOLELY BY BEING EXPOSED TO LIGHT. THE LIGHT THEN ALLOWS HIS CELLS TO START THE CALVIN CYCLE, WHICH ALLOWS HIM TO SYNTHESIZE NUTRIENTS."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2011, 07:53:13 pm
"All this information is invaluable. We'll be able to carefully orchestrate a plan from this. I know you're telling us this against your will, but you've saved more lives than ours. Everyone, if there's anything else you think might even possibly be useful, ask him."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2011, 07:55:38 pm
At that moment, Luukner comes in. Everyone suddenly falls silent.

"...I can't fucking believe this." Luukner begins to storm off, slamming the door behind him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2011, 08:11:07 pm
"I'll talk to him..."

Leave in my normal, human form, heading to Luukner's room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2011, 08:22:13 pm
You walk in, Luukner is trying to pack up. "What the FUCK do you want!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2011, 08:46:16 pm
"Luukner, if we were interested in brainwashing people and making them our slaves, why would we free you? I didn't like making this decision, but this man is immune to bullets, and could easily burn the block down with his nanites. We could either painfully torture the information we needed out of him and risk the lives of everyone in the area, even then not being entirely sure if he's telling the truth, or we could implant him with that, get detailed information quickly, and get it over with. This man is part of a black ops squad preparing for a FULL UMR INVASION OF HIRST, Luukner, and he just told us the locations of their bases, as well as the names, appearances, and NANITES of his squad. They're better equipped than us by far. Without that information we'd have no chance. I need you to trust me, Luukner, I'm a man who always keeps his own sense of morality close to him, but this is truly necessary. We would have had to kill this man anyway, and I still will, I refuse to keep him as a slave. He'll have a dignified death. If we can thwart the UMR this early on, they'll think twice before invading and causing such a massive loss of life. What's one soldier's life compared to so many innocents? I don't want you to trust me as a soldier, here, but as a friend, that I feel I've made the best choice."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2011, 08:50:39 pm
Luukner throws down his bags.

"Fine. I'm still really mad about this, though...just kill him quickly."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2011, 09:02:11 pm
"I've been treating him with as much dignity as possible... Luukner... Thanks for staying, you're one of my closest friends here."

Head back to the room.

"Does anybody have anything else to ask, or should I put him out of his misery?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2011, 09:04:05 pm
"Go ahead," says Mellack. Everybody steps back.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2011, 09:19:08 pm
"Can you keep him physically restrained, and his nanites disabled, but allow him to think and speak normally? I'd prefer not to kill him... like this... It's just wrong. He deserves to die with some defiance... That's what I'd want..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2011, 09:24:22 pm
"We can do that, just allow me to set it up..."

Mellack runs the rod over the back of the Mandelorian's neck. He begins screaming.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2011, 09:35:46 pm
"Quick, make him unable to make any noises louder than normal speaking level!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2011, 09:39:15 pm
Mellack gets on it, but there's thirty seconds of solid screaming before he accomplishes it.

"Let me go," says the Mandelorian.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 20, 2011, 09:22:14 am
"I'm sorry, but we can't do that. The consequences of a UMR invasion of Hirst would be far too drastic to allow you to live. I want you to know I don't want to do this. We're a group of Crionese deserters, except one of us, who's a UMR deserter we freed from the same device we had to equip you with. We didn't come here in the interest in pursuing conflict, so the UMR invading isn't exactly high on our agenda."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 20, 2011, 09:26:28 am
"Just let me go...get this thing off..."

The Mandelorian claws at the back of his neck in vain, trying to remove the device by hand. He gives up after he vomits, lying on the ground, defeated.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 20, 2011, 06:17:20 pm
"We can kill you, or you can stand by and watch as we defeat your friends. I know which option I'd pick, but perhaps you think differently. I'm not trying to gloat here. I just want to offer you the choice."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 20, 2011, 06:18:40 pm
"I...I'm not usually one to beg...but don't kill me...I have not the strength to agree." The Mandelorian falls to his knees.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 20, 2011, 06:36:44 pm
"...Please don't do that... I don't want to kill you, but I don't want you acting like a slave, either. My only qualm is that if you leave, you can warn your squad and completely blow our chances of stopping this invasion."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 20, 2011, 06:41:29 pm
"Then I am doomed to spend my life like this...a prisoner. My country will fight on, regardless."

"Where should we put him?" asks Niwo.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 20, 2011, 06:55:49 pm
"Wait... Mellack... Can that device alter his memories? If we release him, the UMR find out about us, and I don't want to kill him... Would you be okay if we changed your memories to make you think you were a citizen of Hirst? I can hack into the police database and give you an identity... You can have a new start."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 20, 2011, 07:01:36 pm
"It's possible, but do you want a full wipe, or do you want me to give him a full wipe and then fabricate memories for him?"

"Don't kill me...don't make me your slave," says the Mandelorian.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 20, 2011, 07:13:00 pm
"Listen, we can give you a new life as a free man. You can decide every aspect of your new memories. We can't remove that device, but you won't even know you have it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 20, 2011, 07:14:39 pm
"OF COURSE, if the device is removed, well...it won't work, let me tell you that," states Mellack.

"Just give me a modest home, and a modest life. I don't want much else."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 20, 2011, 07:37:11 pm
"There's an alternative, but it balances on the boundary of slavery... We could make you think you always had been a member of our group... It'd be a lot easier, and I swear we'd treat you as well as we treat each other. After we deal with the invasion, we could give you your old memories back and let you make your own decisions from there."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 20, 2011, 07:40:09 pm
"...There was someone else here...one of my own countrymen...may I speak with him?" The Mandelorian begins rubbing the back of his neck.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 20, 2011, 08:07:45 pm
"Of course. He was very upset when he found out about this, since we freed him from this same device, but I explained why it was a necessary evil. I wanted to run any ideas by him first, anyway."

Head to Luukner's room, closing the door behind me.

"He's not keen on the idea of death. I have several other options involving the alteration of his memory, that aren't quite slavery, but he wishes to discuss them with you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 20, 2011, 08:18:25 pm
"We discuss alone," says Luukner sternly. "Give us privacy, we'll come out when we're finished."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 20, 2011, 08:26:05 pm
"I understand, Luukner. You'll both get the privacy you deserve."

Head back to my room.
"Okay, everyone out. Luukner wants to talk to him in private, and he's well within his rights to."

Head into a nearby room we own, and sit down on the bed, listening in, but making it look like I'm just resting.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 20, 2011, 08:33:04 pm
You hear the muffled conversation. They're talking about the UMR, about their enslavement. Then the topic turns to your group, Luukner talks semi-favorably about it, the other one has nothing nice to say. Then you hear something really odd.

"The Nest...so it's true. It DOES exist," says Luukner.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 22, 2011, 06:59:03 pm
Keep listening, suddenly glad that I decided to violate his privacy, pleased that I seem to be getting away with it, and disappointed that he doesn't know better than to talk loudly above a whisper around people with sensory enhancements.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 22, 2011, 07:02:09 pm
Yes, how foolish of him for trusting you...

"SSH...the walls have ears," says the blue Mandelorian.

The conversation reduces below your level of hearing.

"...Are you listening to something?" asks Zinn, in his human form.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 22, 2011, 07:22:15 pm
 :fruit:Suddenly feel bad, and turn, as if waking up from being half-asleep.
"Hrm? What?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 22, 2011, 07:26:57 pm
"...Well, alright." Zinn turns back to a bicycle that has mysteriously appeared in the room. "Alright, now do a slinky!"

The bicycle turns into a slinky. "Ohhh...she's good..." Zinn scratches his chin.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 22, 2011, 07:50:38 pm
"I bet she can do something no slinkie of mine was ever able to do..."

Pick her up, leave the room, and try to make her slink down the stairs, whistling the tune from those old adverts, not giving a damn who sees me and thinks I should be institutionalised.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 22, 2011, 07:54:25 pm
Another guest at the hotel passes by, watching as the slinky defies physics and chance and GOES DOWN THE STAIRS.

"Heh. I never was able to get my slinky to do that." He walks off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 22, 2011, 08:05:02 pm
Grinning like either a madman or a ninny, run down and pick her up again, starting over.

You're the best slinkey ever! I could totally never get bored of this.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 22, 2011, 08:12:00 pm
This is fun! I mean, have you ever considered what it would feel like to be an object? Well, now I know! Maybe I should try a washing machine sometime...

You play for several minutes, eventually Luukner comes back out of his room, with the Mandelorian. "How professional," he scoffs at you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 22, 2011, 08:28:38 pm
"Hey, she's actually going down the bloody stairs! That's amazing enough to warrant breaking professionalism."

Suddenly turn serious.
"So what's your decision?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 22, 2011, 08:31:10 pm
"I wish to become a part of your unit," says the Mandelorian. "You may completely wipe my mind and give me false memories." He is oddly fine with doing this, which is puzzling, and quite suspicious.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 22, 2011, 08:53:57 pm
"You're totally okay with that? Us removing everything in your life that's made you the person you are, and enlisting you against your own people, your own squad, without you being fully aware of it? Call me paranoid..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 22, 2011, 08:59:58 pm
The Mandelorian takes a look at Luukner, who gives a slight nod back to him.

"Uh, yes. I am willing to go through with it." The Mandelorian shifts his weight back and forth.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2011, 10:36:32 am
"To be honest I don't really want to do this. It seems odd that you're better about it than I am."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2011, 11:10:34 am
"It's...what I would prefer."

"Look, just do it!" says Mellack, annoyed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2011, 06:34:04 pm
Talk to Luukner privately.

Luukner, you can be honest with me. If necessary I'll keep the truth from the others. Something is amiss, here.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2011, 06:40:37 pm
There is quite a long pause before Luukner responds. There's nothing amiss about this situation. Not at all. He wants it done, I just can't see why you can't get sawbones to do it. Luukner seems quite flustered by this point, somewhat uneasy as well. It seems that whatever he's trying to hide, most likely something about the Nest that they mentioned earlier, evokes feelings of duty, urgency, and fear within Luukner, somewhat subtly.

"...This is an awkward silence," says the Mandelorian.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2011, 06:49:28 pm
Luukner, I didn't become the leader of a squad without being able to tell when a friend is trying to hide something.

Let somebody else break the silence.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2011, 06:53:07 pm
"May I interject?" asks Sharon, who had previously reformed out of sight. "I was just thinking, well, what if this is a plot between two UMR soldiers to hide confidential information?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2011, 07:00:00 pm
Sigh.
"You see, Sharon, I had the tact to ask Luukner about that privately using our radio nanites."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2011, 07:02:13 pm
"How was I supposed to know? You didn't include me!" Sharon heads back to the room in a huff.

"...So, can we get this started?" asks the Mandelorian.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2011, 07:07:55 pm
Talk to Sharon.
Sorry, just stressed out with trying to get Luukner to admit to whatever he's hiding without seeming like I don't trust him.

"Sorry, but not until one of you explains what you're trying to hide... I want to be able to trust both of you, but you're continuing to lie unconvincingly."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2011, 07:09:49 pm
Luukner opens his mouth to speak, but before he can you hear a sudden explosion from the ground floor! The Mandelorian looks around, then quickly makes a break for it!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2011, 07:14:44 pm
THAT'S THEIR LEADER'S ROCKET LAUNCHER! Luukner, we need your full co-operation here. Can you help us, please? Everyone, tell me your nanites! Do we have weapons?

Quickly change form to Zarott, and try to grab our prisoner and knock him unconscious.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2011, 07:18:49 pm
He doesn't put up much of a fight, he's down in a few seconds.

You look down and see several figures beginning to run up the stairs. Dave, Lans, Verr, Sharon, Hector, and Zinn come out, carrying guns. Sharon tosses you one. "What's the plan, big guy?"

From what you can recall, Sharon has metalmorphing, Dave has superstrength, Hector has sensory and motor enhancements, as does Verr. Lans has cloaking, and Zinn has the human/Mandelorian nanite.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2011, 07:22:37 pm
Cloak.
We run. Keep note that the two humans have cloaking. Lay suppressive fire as you run!
Sling the Mandalorian over my shoulder, and run into my room, smashing the window and trying to climb out with two free hands.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2011, 07:26:58 pm
You're about 20 feet up, and you begin hanging precariously from the ledge. You hear gunfire in the halls.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2011, 07:40:30 pm
Drop the Mandalorian, feet first, then suck it up and drop, rolling as I hit the ground.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2011, 07:46:12 pm
Your armor absorbs a lot of the impact and the shock. The Mandelorian lands with a thud. You might have injured him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2011, 06:40:02 pm
Decide it better than the rest of us being blown to bits, and run for an area that provides cover.

MOVE! MOVE! SUPPRESSIVE FIRE! LEAVE NOBODY BEHIND EXCEPT THE ENEMY!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2011, 08:15:17 pm
You run into an alleyway, the others following behind you after a while.

"They're behind us!" yells Sharon. You turn around and see nobody following you, but a quick glance upward reveals a man with a rocket launcher arm aiming directly at you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 27, 2011, 06:33:52 pm
Keep running, firing up at him, hoping to either hit him or the rocket in mid-air. Keep hold of the prisoner, also hoping he doesn't want to kill him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 27, 2011, 06:40:41 pm
The recoil is intense, and you don't end up hitting anything. You see the rocket heading towards you, but you manage to take cover in the alleway successfully as you escape the blast radius! You continue running.

"We didn't get any of them! They're well-equipped!" says Verr.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2011, 07:03:02 pm
"TELL ME SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW!"
Run for a more populated area, hoping they're more worried about their secrecy than I am.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2011, 07:06:13 pm
You escape through the alleyway onto a different street. You don't see them following you, but you're still pretty conspicuous, with the guns and the armor and the body and all.

You look around, seeing an entrance to an apartment complex that you could duck into. It's locked electronically, it seems, but that shouldn't stop you from getting in...

"...I'm feeling lightheaded," says Luukner, leaning against a wall.
"So am I, strangely," says Hector.
It appears that Mellack has passed out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2011, 07:24:58 pm
"Well, we're fucked! Take everyone who falls unconscious with us!"

Quickly hack into the lock, and get into the apartments.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2011, 07:30:58 pm
You open the door, entering a stairwell. The rest of the group supports the afflicted as you look at the hall in front of you, filled with doorways.

"How did they find us, anyway?" asks Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2011, 07:08:13 pm
"To be blunt, either a tracking device, or betrayal, but now isn't the time to throw around accusations."

Go into one of the rooms.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2011, 07:12:29 pm
You unlock a door, and walk in. You seem to be in luck, because the owner is either absent or nonexistent. It is most likely the latter, judging from the lack of furniture in this apartment.

Luukner slowly trudges over to your hostage. "We've learned everything we have to about him..." Luukner pulls out his pistol. "We need to shoot him now and dump the body!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2011, 07:19:13 pm
"...Alright... Do it..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2011, 07:26:13 pm
Luukner shoots him in the head once, then stands over him and empties the rest of the clip into his head. You're relieved that he was smart enough to be using a silenced weapon, or else it could have caused a disturbance. Luukner picks up the body. "Now we need to dump it...I think there are plenty of dumpsters around here. I saw some in the alley." Luukner starts heading for the door before whatever he was sedated with takes effect, causing him to fall unconscious to the ground.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2011, 08:59:10 pm
"Does anybody have ANY idea what's going on?"

See if I feel unnaturally fatigued, see what our conscious to comatose ratio is.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2011, 09:21:19 pm
Luukner, Hector, and Mellack seem to have been affected.

"It's some kind of tranquilizer. Why tranquilizer? Why aren't they using regular weapons?" asks David.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2011, 07:39:20 am
"They want to take us alive. That's bad. I say we leave the body here. We have bigger problems than causing a mess for the legal system."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2011, 07:57:09 am
"We need to get out of our gear, then we need to find somewhere else to hole up," says Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 04, 2011, 07:35:20 am
Change back to human, in casual looking clothing.

"First bit done."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 04, 2011, 12:21:16 pm
Sharon turns back, Lans cloaks, and everybody else does their best to strip down.

"Alright, first off we're going to need to get away from this body. Second, we're going to need to hole up somewhere."

You suddenly realize that the bar that you work at is actually nearby, and inconspicuous.

David looks out the window. "Everybody's distracted by the fireworks. It shouldn't be too hard to get by unnoticed."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 04, 2011, 04:59:41 pm
Turn back into Zarott, dressed more casually than usual.

"We can hole up at the bar."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 04, 2011, 05:02:07 pm
Everybody turns to you. "Alright, lead the way then!" says Sharon, hoisting up Mellack.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 05, 2011, 07:14:58 pm
Head out, and casually walk to the bar, keeping all my senses honed on any sign of danger.

We've been on a bit of a pub crawl. The sleeping ones are really bad at holding their drink.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 05, 2011, 07:18:24 pm
Don't you work here? asks Sharon.

You don't spot anybody suspicious, and you enter the pub. The bartender, busy as usual washing glasses, takes notice of you.

"Who are your friends there?" he asks with little concern.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 05, 2011, 07:53:43 pm
How else do I explain the tranquilised guys?

"All I know is that a few of them clearly shouldn't drink."

Resume my post, and motion Sharon over.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 05, 2011, 07:57:01 pm
The bartender looks like he could care less and goes back to his mindless task.

Sharon comes over. We're here. Does this place have anywhere where we could stay, or will we just hole up here for a few hours?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 06, 2011, 04:24:18 pm
Not quite sure, but we have enough money. Just sit around and make sure what you drink is non-alcoholic. Actually, just take one drink and make it last, if they find out we're here they can spike our drinks, but they shouldn't have figured it out yet.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 06, 2011, 04:29:24 pm
Everybody sits at the bar and orders drinks. The bartender groans and rolls his eyes as he's forced to start working.

"Bouncer, could you turn on the televisions?" he requests.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 06, 2011, 04:30:26 pm
Nod, and go turn on the TVs, hoping to hell it isn't a news story that incriminates us.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 06, 2011, 04:41:40 pm
A loud, blaring report comes on about the attack on the hotel.

"The method of entry is very similar to the attack on the government building that happened just recently. Explosives were used, and several casualties occurred. In about two minutes time, the attackers vanished."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 06, 2011, 04:47:53 pm
Grunt dismissively, and get back to standing around "doing my job."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 06, 2011, 04:51:43 pm
As you continue to stand and do your job, you realize that you could go about renting those apartments you wanted to get.

You notice Luukner stir. He vomits on the table, dreamily looking around.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 06, 2011, 05:53:08 pm
Act drunk.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 06, 2011, 06:21:48 pm
I...I can't hear anything...I can't see anything...THIS DAMNED THING...just get it off...

Luukner sort of flops about. You think the device may have malfunctioned in some way, interfering with his sensory input.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 06, 2011, 08:03:04 pm
We can't do anything about that now. Right now we're trying to remain incognito in the bar I work at, and you're causing a scene. We won't let anything happen to you while you're helpless.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 06, 2011, 08:08:13 pm
Luukner rolls over again. My fucking head...

Eventually Mellack and Hector come to as well. Everybody's interested in the news, besides the bartender, of course.

"From what the police understand, the terrorists made their way through the building lobby, then took the stairs to the second floor. What they've pieced together so far is that a firefight may have broken out on the second floor. What's also of note is that the window in room 204 has been broken open, and the door forcibly kicked in. Authorities are still looking into who was involved, and they're trying to confirm the conditions of all guests and staff in the hotel," says a reporter.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 06, 2011, 08:18:50 pm
When they find out we're not there, they'll put two and two together.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 06, 2011, 08:23:00 pm
Shit. That was our room, too. PLEASE tell me we didn't sign in with our real names... Sharon almost audibly groans.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 06, 2011, 08:44:20 pm
Who signed it? It wasn't me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 06, 2011, 08:46:54 pm
I don't remember what names I put, but I assure you I made them all up, says Lans.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 07, 2011, 08:55:27 am
Sigh with relief.
Oh phew.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 07, 2011, 09:06:44 am
Velocity, we're going to have to get those apartments now, says Mellack. I...oh SHIT. SHIT! SHIT SHIT FUCKING SHIT! The supplies! I didn't grab the cases of experimental materials I had back at the fucking hotel! Where are they!? We need to get those back!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 07, 2011, 09:10:01 am
...Either... the media got them... or the UMR did...
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 07, 2011, 09:15:30 am
They were in your room last time I remember...the UMR couldn't have missed them. We need to find them, we need to find them quickly!

Mellack gets up and heads into the bathroom. He looks both frustrated and scared. Just need to calm down...water...I need to calm down...
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 07, 2011, 09:23:23 am
We know where their bases are, but they'll expect a counter-attack, and... well, without surprise they'll kick our asses.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 07, 2011, 09:29:35 am
Well, the attacking is for you to worry about. For the good of all of us we need to get those back, but I'm not exactly combat-capable. Now you guys...you're going to have to take care of this. Let's just hope they're here long enough.

Nobody's coming into the bar, even given the hour. It seems that explosions are just too popular. You think you can hear the crowd at the hotel all the way from here.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 07, 2011, 09:31:26 am
Wonder why people are giggling and clapping about explosions instead of getting the hell out of the city, and keep standing there.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 07, 2011, 09:41:16 am
The hours pass, and your shift ends. The bartender hands you some money, then promptly ignores you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 07, 2011, 09:46:02 am
Head out without a word, towards the apartments I was looking at.
Remember not to leave anybody behind.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 07, 2011, 09:56:01 am
Everybody handles themselves, Mellack handles Luukner. You head toward the apartments to inquire about renting a few. Stepping inside the main lobby, you find a Mandelorian at the front desk, he seems bored.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 07, 2011, 09:57:26 am
"Evening. We'd like to rent out some rooms."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 07, 2011, 10:08:08 am
The Mandelorian groans and then pulls out a stack of paperwork. "Here."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 07, 2011, 10:09:23 am
Read the paperwork, quietly pondering whether people from Hirst are stereotyped as being lazy bastards.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 07, 2011, 10:15:47 am
Mostly just people with these kinds of jobs. You look it over and fill it out in little time. Handing it back, you get two keys.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 07, 2011, 10:17:59 am
Alright. We've got two rooms. Who's staying with who? I want to be with Sharon, and I want Verr and Luukner to be separate, but otherwise I don't mind.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 07, 2011, 10:25:08 am
You figure you'll room with Sharon, Mellack, and Verr. Luukner, David, Lans, and Hector will be in the other room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 07, 2011, 10:34:42 am
What about Zinn?

Also, Mellack. Is there any chance that the device might not have disabled any radio nanites he had? He could have been telling the Black Ops his location the entire time.

Head to my room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 07, 2011, 10:42:52 am
Zinn will also be in your room.

"He didn't have any before," Mellack says aloud as you walk down the hall. "Anyway, I really should fix him. He's been blind and deaf ever since the attack."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 07, 2011, 10:44:16 am
"I mean the... new guy, not [Luukner's fake name.]"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 07, 2011, 10:52:18 am
"Well, he was either being tracked or was communicating. Either way, they found us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 07, 2011, 11:56:21 am
"They did..."

Check out my room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 07, 2011, 12:04:30 pm
Your room comes with a small kitchen, a small living room with a sofa and television, one bathroom, and a bedroom with two beds.

"I think the hotel room was nicer," says David.
"Right on, brah." Lans gives him a fist bump.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 07, 2011, 01:03:29 pm
Wonder why I'm surrounded by idiots, and sit down on the bed.

Mellack, see if you can fix up Luukner.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 07, 2011, 01:09:01 pm
"I don't have the equipment," says Mellack. "It was in the cases. If we're going to fix Luukner, then we'll have to find those agents. How could I be so careless..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 07, 2011, 01:38:46 pm
"...Some of them have thermal. I've honestly got no idea how we're going to get these cases with a man down."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 07, 2011, 01:53:56 pm
"They don't seem nearly as professional as us," says Zinn.

Niwo opens the door. "Luukner's trying to pull the thing out. Mellack, we need your help in there."

Mellack rushes off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 07, 2011, 03:19:20 pm
"...What do you mean we're profe- He's WHAT?"

Run into the other room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 07, 2011, 03:29:02 pm
Luukner's lying on the bed, trying to forcibly remove the device. He's bleeding, his dark yellow booties staining the sheets, and his hands. Niwo and Hector restrain him while Mellack examines the situation. Mellack is trying to calm Luukner.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 07, 2011, 04:30:19 pm
Luukner. We'll get Mellack's equipment back, and we WILL fix you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 07, 2011, 04:36:06 pm
I just want it off...just get it off... Luukner is sobbing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 07, 2011, 04:48:09 pm
Kneel down next to him, and pat him on the back, slowly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 07, 2011, 04:54:41 pm
Luukner lies still, and remains silent.

"Well, should we go find them, then?" asks Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 07, 2011, 05:50:46 pm
"We're going to need a very well though-out plan of attack. Everyone run through all your nanite abilities. I've heard most of them but there's probably one or two I haven't heard about."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 07, 2011, 06:10:44 pm
Zinn has the human-Mandelorian nanite and thermal, Dave has thermal and superstrength, Verr has motor enhancement, Luukner has superstrength, but he's down, Lans has cloaking, Hector has motor and sensory enhancement, and Sharon has metalmorphing. Niwo has motor enhancement.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 07, 2011, 07:01:07 pm
"Is everyone well rested enough for an attack later tonight?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 07, 2011, 07:05:08 pm
Everyone nods. "If anything we've been sleeping around too much. Let's get down to doing something," says David.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 07, 2011, 07:15:23 pm
"Come to think of it, there's not much we can do about their nanites beside having you guys keep thermal on, and remembering that they have thermal, too. The spider morphing and the like will have to be dealt with by ear. If only I had a rocket launcher for an arm. It'd be so much easier."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 07, 2011, 07:20:21 pm
"Don't think about it like that," says Mellack. "That idiot wasted an arm putting a rocket launcher on it. There's no way to be subtle with that!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 07, 2011, 07:37:03 pm
"I was half-joking. Question: Do you two generally keep your thermal on all the time?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 07, 2011, 07:42:19 pm
"Not really," says Zinn. "It kind of strains your eyes after a while. Besides, you'll see heat signatures, but you lose a lot of definition."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 08, 2011, 08:24:50 am
"Mellack, do you think it would be possible to make thermal nanites without these disadvantages? If the UMR's ones have the same problems, then Lans and I can probably sneak in and grab the equipment."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 08, 2011, 09:14:23 am
"If you spent enough time, probably," says Mellack. "Although I can't be sure how their nanites are made."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 08, 2011, 09:21:06 am
"Do you think it's worth trying?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 08, 2011, 09:31:24 am
Mellack nods. "Yes, it's worth trying! Absolutely! Thermal or not, whether you get into a confrontation or not, we need those supplies!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 08, 2011, 10:14:25 am
"But should I cloak in with Lans, or should we all go for a sudden attack, grab the equipment, and run out?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 08, 2011, 10:24:29 am
Niwo raises his hand. Everybody looks at him.

"Maybe three of us could act as distraction while Velocity and Lans sneak in? They tried to tranquilizeus last time, so if they know we know about them, well, fighting will be that much easier."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 08, 2011, 06:34:55 pm
"I thought about that, but they know we have cloaking nanites. Won't they switch their thermal on when you attack to make sure we don't try that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 08, 2011, 06:54:51 pm
"Look, I don't exactly get what the big problem is," says Verr. "You get in secretly, then we attack, then they'll be distracted! They won't be looking for you!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 08, 2011, 09:47:30 pm
"To be honest, if they don't think all the non-cloaking squad members attacking is a reason to switch on thermal, they're really, really stupid. Though there's a bigger concern. We know about several of their bases, and we don't know which one the equipment is at. They almost definately won't use the dumpster base again, but they probably didn't expect us to get the information on the other bases out of him so easily."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 08, 2011, 09:49:12 pm
"Perhaps one group of us attacks one base, and another attacks another base? That seems like a good way to cover it," suggests Zinn.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 08, 2011, 10:34:24 pm
"But what if they're all at one base? The fireteam would get slaughtered."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 08, 2011, 10:40:44 pm
"...Wait," says Sharon. "Velocity, did you download the information on that computer at the other base? It might be able to tell us something!"

Everybody suddenly realizes that this could be helpful, and they all start talking.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 08, 2011, 11:22:21 pm
"In the dumpster base..? There was no information... only... an obscenely vast collection of... pictures of Mandalorians doing things that will haunt my mind every time I close my eyelids."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 08, 2011, 11:29:07 pm
Everybody shows their disgust and stops talking.

"We face a dilemma. Well, it's not like you're hopeless if you're using cloaking," says Mellack. "Perhaps you could observe each of the bases and report back?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 09, 2011, 10:02:42 am
"Sounds like a good idea. I'll go alone, to make as little noise as possible. I won't try grabbing the equipment unless it's right out in the open."

Cloak, and head to whichever of the two bases is nearest.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 09, 2011, 12:04:13 pm
You head over to one of the bases, based underneath the Third Sun bar. You loiter in the parking lot for several minutes before a lone person comes across your path.

The tall, black Mandelorian your prisoner described as Korgen is here. He appears to be carrying one of the cases, but not the other. He moves into the bar. You don't see anyone else, but you're unsure if anybody else may already be inside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 09, 2011, 05:06:36 pm
Korgen has one of the suitcases, and he's taking it to the Third Sun bar base. The prisoner said that usually they'd never be in a base alone, so there'll be more people there, and possibly the other case.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 09, 2011, 05:09:57 pm
Understood. Do you need us there? asks Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2011, 03:14:11 pm
Yes, everybody should go for this one base. If only one case is here we'll retreat as if we're losing and go for the next one.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2011, 03:34:56 pm
Affirmative.

Within five minutes, everybody has shown up. You stand outside.

"What's the plan?" asks Verr.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2011, 04:36:09 am
Put my finger to my lips to Verr, then touch my head to explain that we're using the radio. Point vaguely to the bar, then to my ear, to explain that they might be able to hear us.

Alright, we need to exclude Verr from the discussion, since we know some of them have sensory enhancements. Sharon will lead the diversionary fireteam. You'll assault the entrance as Lans and I slip inside. Two of them have cloaking, and one of them has "spider-morphing." Be ready for anything. I'm pretty sure more of them have forcefields, too. I'll tell you when to run, but if you really can't take much more, don't risk your lives staying.

Point to Verr, then gesture to Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2011, 09:02:12 am
Verr nods, then heads off with Sharon, David, Zinn, Niwo, and Hector. Meanwhile, you and Lans head around back.

We're in position. We'll breach on your queue.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2011, 06:41:49 pm
Arrive at the back entrance of the base itself, both of us cloaked.

Three. Two. One. Breach!

Slip in a split second after I hear the noise.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2011, 06:47:54 pm
The front door is kicked open, you enter through the back, just in time to see a gray-haired man and a green Mandelorian at the bar take cover. The man cloaks, while the Mandelorian rushes forward, bullets bouncing off of her, and slams into Verr.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2011, 07:10:46 pm
Move forward, keeping to cover to help avoid detection from thermal or friendly fire. Look for the briefcases.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2011, 07:15:04 pm
You don't see the briefcase here. Considering the tall dark one had it, it's probably wherever he went. You spot a basement door that might lead to the hideout.

Meanwhile, the green one has pulled out a sidearm and is opening fire. At the same time, she blasts Sharon with coldness using her other hand! Sharon begins to freeze up!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2011, 07:52:16 pm
Hurry for the hideout. If I see anything that provides heat on the way there, quickly turn it as high as I can.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2011, 07:56:55 pm
You quickly open the door as the fight continues outside.

You decide to turn up the heat on the thermostat to its highest temperature, but you're not sure it will have a noticeable effect. Descending the staircase, you can see a tall black Mandelorian talking on a phone, glancing now and then up the stairs. You remember that he has no thermal nanites, so you should be safe as long as you stay quiet. The case of important things lies on a table nearby, but there's only one.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2011, 08:28:27 pm
Am I armed? If so, with what?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2011, 08:34:00 pm
You are only armed with a single pistol. However, if you pull it out, it'll become visible. You also might want to plan this out with Lans before you do anything that he might not be prepared for.

"The gunfight's outside right now! I'm pretty sure they came for the cases we nicked off of them. This shit's important, find out what it is as soon as possible."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2011, 08:57:50 pm
Decide I'm in no position to take prisoners, and settle for eliminating one of the top threats.

Broadcast to the entire team.
Lans, I'm going to get the jump on him. He has super-strength, sensory enhancements, and spider-morphing. I hope to take him out before that last bit is an issue. I'd say I have the advantage while he remains humanoid, since my cloak makes me harder to hit. If the fight takes longer, don't engage, just grab the case and bring it back to the apartments while we're busy.

Slowly approach him from behind, making sure I'm fully Mandalorian, but with five fingers. Use three of my arms to quickly slam him onto his back, while restraining him as efficiently as possible. As I knock him down, pull out my pistol with my fourth arm, and try to shove it down his throat and fire the moment he hits the ground.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2011, 09:07:30 pm
You underestimate his super strength, and you are quickly slammed with a phone and sent flying! Lans stays back.

"The fuck!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2011, 09:19:08 pm
WHEN THE PYRO SAID SUPER-STRENGTH, HE MEANT SUPER-STRENGTH!

Start firing at his skull.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2011, 09:27:47 pm
Still dizzy, you take aim at Korgen.

You duck as the Mandelorian takes a powerful double-swing at your head! You feel the wind as his fists go by! Lans takes out his tactical SMG and opens fire! Korgen stumbles forward as his armor takes the brunt of the clip, but soon eight long, silver legs erupt out of his back. Korgen drools, a caustic yellow liquid dripping from emerging fangs. Eyes pop out of his skull, looking about.

Elevated on his legs, Korgen stands 10 feet tall. He takes a wild swing with one of them and sends you reeling to the ground! Lans keeps firing, but a quick strike with one of the legs pierces his armor, spilling his blood!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2011, 09:35:13 pm
Damnit, Lans, why do we BOTH have to be suicidal? Hold him off for just a little longer! DIVERSION TEAM. STATUS?

Quickly clamber up, still invisible, and note all the electronic equipment in the room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2011, 09:46:12 pm
So...cold... moans Sharon.

We've incapacitated the female Mandelorian. It's all green here, says Hector.

You note the television, computer, trash compactor, and prototype rocket launcher arm MK II.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2011, 09:52:54 pm
THEN GET DOWN HERE AND KILL THIS TEN-FOOT SPI- ROCKET LAUNCHER! GET OUT OF THE WAY, LANS!

Grab the rocket launcher, and lock onto my target.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2011, 09:58:51 pm
You take aim, but suddenly you realize you have no idea how to operate it, considering that there aren't any buttons on it and it would probably require you to graft it to your arm for you to use it properly.

Korgen takes aim at the obvious target before Lans shoots him in the head, stunning him!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2011, 08:46:25 am
That was my plan all along!

Quickly get my gun, and empty the clip into his head.

"This ends here, Korgen."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2011, 09:43:13 am
You are met with a burst of acid as you spray Korgen! He sways on his legs, taking one last strong swore at you, the blow connecting as you are sent crashing into a wall! The acid corrodes your armor, beginning to burn at your shell!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2011, 09:44:44 am
Try to reform my shell, as if I was turning from human to Mandalorian.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2011, 09:55:25 am
You reform it, but the acid isn't helping.

"Velocity, I'm hit. I'm bleeding it here," says Lans.

You hear the door upstairs open.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2011, 10:02:35 am
Quickly glance to the door, to make sure it isn't enemy reinforcements, and run over to Korgen, firing a few more bullets into his skull from point blank range, before moving to Lans and checking his wounds.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2011, 10:07:25 am
It's the rest of your group. David throws the unconscious female Mandelorian at your feet.

Hector starts inspecting Lars.

"What souls we do with her?" asks Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2011, 10:15:43 am
"Let's interrogate her here. If the last two come, we can take them out. Everyone with thermal, keep in mind that that last two can cloak. Sharon, are you okay after that freezing you took?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2011, 10:18:51 am
Sharon nods. "I was cold at first, but it's really warm in here. Is the briefcase secure?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2011, 10:23:58 am
Put my finger to my lips, and point to the phone. Move over to it, slowly and quietly.

Listen carefully to see if the other person is still on the line, listening to us, and gently touch the phone, seeing if I can trace the number.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2011, 10:34:25 am
Nobody is ok the line, but call history leads you to the number, which you trace to the old fishery that the prisoner mentioned earlier. Lans secures the briefcase.

You hear a groan, the female awakening.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2011, 03:39:21 pm
"He was talking to another squad member in the other base. From what I heard, they have the other briefcase."

Turn to the female.
"Quick, somebody knock her out again."

We can take her hostage and bring them to us, where we'll have the advantage.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2011, 04:40:45 pm
David gives her a strong whack to the back of the head, she falls forward.

I'm not sure about that, says Zinn. Given their tenacity, I doubt bringing them to us would be the best attack plan. This went over better than when they had us at the hotel.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2011, 05:01:09 pm
Back there they surprised us. We'd have time to prepare and position ourselves. Also, we know both of them have cloaking, but they don't know we know that.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2011, 05:06:17 pm
One more thing, asks Sharon, what if the briefcase isn't where we think it is? What then? What if not all of them come?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2011, 05:11:52 pm
Right, RIGHT, the briefcase. They'll obviously hide it somewhere before they try rescuing her. We need to attack the fishery.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2011, 05:17:15 pm
"Shall I do the honors?" asks Verr, brandishing his pistol.

...We've still got a hostage here, says Niwo.

Wait, wasn't there another guy here before the fight? asks Lans
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2011, 05:27:26 pm
Yeah, I was confused when you said you'd taken one person out, and that it was green. I assumed my memory was messing up.

"She might have information, but is it worth interrogating her and giving them more time to prepare? Show of hands for who thinks it's worth it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2011, 05:31:30 pm
Zinn, Niwo, and Sharon raise their hands. David, Lans, Verr, and Hector do not.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2011, 05:34:54 pm
"I'd call that a tie, but to be honest I really don't want to go through the hassle of interrogating somebody who can freeze anything we restrain her with. Verr, you may if you want to, otherwise I will."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2011, 05:40:35 pm
Verr enthusiastically shoots her in the head several times, the shield deflecting the first several shots before giving out, the rest of the clip penetrating her skull. Verr quickly reloads. "Mission accomplished, sir," he says as a pool of yellow blood begins to form.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2011, 05:42:11 pm
"Verr, kindly explain to me why you just took so much pleasure in ending a life."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2011, 05:50:42 pm
"It was necessary to protect our country, sir! And to protect the lives of the innocents. This commie isn't going to hurt anyone else."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2011, 05:54:58 pm
"Verr, I honestly just want to slap you. Don't you think they'd be saying the same about Crion and those disgusting mind control devices if they killed one of us?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2011, 05:57:49 pm
"No they wouldn't! I'm not a commie!"

His ignorance and stupidity physically hurts you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2011, 06:02:28 pm
"Verr, if you have some kind of mental condition, please speak up. Otherwise you're fair game."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2011, 06:04:56 pm
"Huh? What's that supposed to mean?" he asks.

"Velocity, don't," says Zinn. "That won't solve anything."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2011, 06:11:34 pm
Turn to Luukner.

"You've got one free attempt to kill Verr in his sleep without blame or intervention from myself. I'm going to start giving these out when either of you piss me off."

Tell Luukner privately.
Don't actually do anything, I just want him to lose sleep over it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2011, 06:13:00 pm
Luukner isn't here, he's blind and deaf back at the base.

Everybody looks at you oddly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2011, 06:35:38 pm
"...Maybe I'm the one with a mental condition..."

Turn to Verr.
"You're still a prick."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2011, 06:47:49 pm
"...But...why?" He looks confused.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2011, 05:38:59 am
"Please raise your hand if you don't understand why I might be a tad pissed off at Verr."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2011, 09:24:07 am
Nobody raises their hand, Verr looks around, confused.

If you're going to continue showing your dislike of him, you might never get that other briefcase back.

"Hey, the equipment for the mind control device is in here! We need to get back and fix Luukner, ASAP!" Lans says as he rummages through the briefcase.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 19, 2011, 08:31:29 am
Fair point.

"One last thing. Zinn, thermal on. Watch the door. Everyone else, look away from the computer screen."

Cautiously approach the computer, and look for anything of interest.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 19, 2011, 09:00:25 am
They do so. The computer seems to have a few files on it, but they're password-protected. Two folders interest you: The Nest and another folder oddly-titled PORN.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 19, 2011, 12:58:20 pm
"Alright... One of the files is titled "Porn..." I guess I have to check... it might be a trick... After I look at the Nest..."

Hack into the Nest folder.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 19, 2011, 01:30:39 pm
After several seconds of trying to figure out what you're starting at, you become aware of tears rolling down your cheeks, the death of innocence that is this stash of porn. You...you need to lie down.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 19, 2011, 01:38:00 pm
Collapse.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 19, 2011, 01:59:17 pm
You fall to the ground, everybody around you turns to help you up. Sharon begins trying to slap you awake, you lie in shock.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 19, 2011, 02:38:37 pm
Curl up into a ball.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 19, 2011, 02:50:14 pm
Zinn comes over and shakes you.

"Velocity, you're a soldier! You mustn't act like this! We need to see what they have in this computer!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 19, 2011, 02:59:06 pm
"YOU LOOK AT THAT SCREEN AND REPEAT THOSE WORDS!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 19, 2011, 03:04:38 pm
You exited subconsciously, but the image still burns.

"Velocity! Do it for us, and for you! You're the only one who can! You're the hacker!" says David.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 19, 2011, 03:19:03 pm
Close my eyes, and use my hacking to make that image appear on the screen. Let those selfish bastards share my pain.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 19, 2011, 03:36:13 pm
"...Is that all?"
"What a baby!"
"Ever been on the internet before?"

You guess everybody else already saw shitting dick nipples.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 19, 2011, 03:37:22 pm
"I'm an amnesiac, okay? I've been bluffing my way through half of this! I don't even know what the name of this planet is!"
Get up, and close my eyes, hacking into the PORN folder.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 19, 2011, 03:49:03 pm
You are viewing files. They all pertain to something about a "Nest." You think this was what Luukner was talking about with the agent, and it's probably something that's a large ongoing project.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 19, 2011, 03:51:30 pm
Contact Luukner, letting everyone else hear.

Luukner, there are some files here about a "nest." Do you remember anything about it from serving the UMR?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 19, 2011, 03:59:42 pm
I...no. No, there's nothing I know about that. I guess I heard the name, but other than that I can't really say.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 19, 2011, 04:08:41 pm
Try to find out more about it from the files.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 19, 2011, 04:22:47 pm
You open a file, the picture showing several tanks of...clones? The computer quickly auto-deletes the files!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 19, 2011, 04:55:56 pm
Quickly try to hack into it, to stop the deletion process, and recover them from the hard drive.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 19, 2011, 05:06:10 pm
It was remotely triggered! The computer dumped its drive on demand from somewhere else! The information is lost!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 19, 2011, 06:42:37 pm
Slam my fist into it.

"They remotely deleted the files. The Nest is some kind of cloning facility. One more thing, then we get a move on."

Try snapping the rocket launcher in half.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 19, 2011, 06:58:42 pm
You succeed in bending the rocket launcher into a knot. Everybody claps.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 19, 2011, 07:04:04 pm
"Okay, the prototype rocket launcher arm is now pretty much useless. Zinn, keep thermal on and look for anything cloaked. I'll check to see if they try following us without cloaking. Our biggest priority is to avoid being followed back."

Start heading back, taking one last check of the basement for anything of interest. Keep a careful eye out for either of the soldiers, or anyone else acting suspicously.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 19, 2011, 07:21:04 pm
The trip back is quite uneventful, but eventually you reach the apartment, Mellack grabbing the supplies and getting to work.

"What did you find?" asks Mellack. "I mean, about their operations?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2011, 04:28:30 am
"Something about The Nest, a cloning facility, but it was remotely deleted. There was also a prototype rocket launcher, one that needed grafted onto the body, but I destroyed i- Wait, suppose it was grafted onto one of my extra two arms. Would turning to human form temporarily remove it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2011, 09:50:50 am
"Well," says Mellack, "assuming that it's compatible with nanite technology, it just might work...we'd have to see, though. It would be easy enough for me to perform or reverse the procedure, but I'd need to see the arm first."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2011, 10:03:46 am
"Well, I destroyed it. Probably should have thought about that first. Nevermind."
Sigh.

"How's Luukner?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2011, 10:10:28 am
Mellack pops off the device.

"He should be better, but his senses might be a little blurry still. Give him some time."

Luukner groans, feeling the back of his neck.

"No Luukner! Don't touch it, that's tender." Mellack gets his hand away from the tender spot.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2011, 10:18:49 am
"Wait, how did you just get rid of it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2011, 10:46:16 am
"I removed it. Remember how I could always do that? I'm pretty sure I mentioned that." Mellack just looks at you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2011, 10:47:55 am
"Why didn't we just remove it before? I'm pretty sure you said it was too deep in his spinal cord or something."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2011, 10:58:30 am
"I said that because I was obligated to," says Mellack. "Now everything has been fixed."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2011, 10:59:15 am
"Why were you obligated to? If we had have removed it before this would have been avoided."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2011, 11:19:08 am
"I'm saying that errors in continuity...you know what, I'm not explaining that." Mellack stops talking about the subject.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2011, 12:27:00 pm
I lost.

"Moving quickly on... I WAS serious about the amnesiac thing. I guess I should confess that now."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2011, 12:33:02 pm
"What do you mean by that? What did you forget?" asks Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2011, 12:35:29 pm
"Absolutely everything before I woke up on that battlefield. I guess I've still retained some things, like whatever language this is, and how to fire a gun. I'm going to be totally honest in that I don't even know what the name of this planet is."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2011, 12:44:24 pm
"Mandeloria. Velocity...I don't know what to-"

The world freezes. You feel dizzy, disconnected. You look at a shining light in front of you.

"Your mission. I don't want them knowing who you really are," it says.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2011, 12:45:26 pm
"Uh... Who am I, then?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2011, 01:06:37 pm
"Your name is Velocity, but you are not of this world, or the other. You are one of my servants, a being from a higher plane..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2011, 01:25:34 pm
"...Any chance you can give me these memories back, and make explaining it easier?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2011, 01:50:40 pm
You gasp, suddenly remembering yourself as you once were, a being made not of flesh and bone, but of pure energy! You interacted with others of your kind, overseeing the propagation of the universe and its species. Your celestial tongue was the language that you once spoke, but its words on this plane of existence hold great power...

"There. How are you feeling, Velocity?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2011, 04:57:39 pm
"...My glowing white head hurts..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2011, 05:11:07 pm
"Remember the mission, Velocity...stop the war here...is there anything else that you might need to help you accomplish this?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2011, 05:19:53 pm
"This is way too much to take in... Can I at least tell Sharon? She's important to me, I don't care if I'm some cosmic ball of light that has no need for mortals, I really do love Sharon, and I need to be able to tell somebody. Chances are she'll think I'm crazy anyway."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2011, 05:22:52 pm
There is silence for a short while.

"You may tell her, but be warned that we do not wish for the residents of this plane to know of our hand in their existence..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2011, 05:36:53 pm
"Only Sharon will know. I promise. Now, could you possible supply me with some more nanites, or anything of that nature, without the adverse effects? These Black Ops are much better equipped than us. Suppose some powerful, experimental prototype nanites were left in the bottom of the suitcase, and Mellack only just noticed them now..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2011, 05:48:51 pm
"We don't deal with technology...only natural abilities. What exactly do you wish for?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2011, 06:06:02 pm
"I suppose natural abilities are equally inconspicuous if they're only things that are obvious to me, or can be explained. Alright, I suppose I can manage Verr and Luukner without any help. Would it be possible if you could give me natural thermal imagery, that works better than Zinn's? Could you also make my cloaking undetectable by thermal, and similar technology, and make it so that I can cloak other things by touching them? Also... You know, there are plenty of things I would wish for, but when put on the spot it's a lot more difficult to decide... Also, teleportation. I'll just stick to using that while cloaked. All I can think of right now. Is that possible? God I'm a professional angel, aren't I?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2011, 06:10:26 pm
"Don't get too indulgent. I won't give you that which you have not earned. What are your top two? I will grant you only two right now, if I see fit."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2011, 06:18:01 pm
"Uh, sorry. I'm still not sure where exactly I rank here. That's the problem you get when you give your agents amnesia. But I digress. I'll go with thermal and short-range teleportation, if you see fit.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2011, 06:34:03 pm
"You're not exactly high on the ladder. Also, keep in mind you're permitted to speak the celestial word. But do so with caution, as the words are quite powerful, and may even drive those who hear it insane."

Time unfreezes.

Mellack is in the middle of removing the device, telling you that time rewound a bit.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2011, 06:41:25 pm
Wait for him to pop it off.

"Wait, how did you just get rid of it?"

Talk privately to Sharon.
He's going to answer: "I removed it. Remember how I could always do that? I'm pretty sure I mentioned that" and give me a funny look.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2011, 06:47:18 pm
He looks at you. "I removed it. I'm a professional doctor well-versed in performing such procedures."

Did you mean word for word? Because that wasn't exactly his response.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2011, 07:08:41 pm
Okay, the ball of light is just trolling me now. I'm not going to bother arguing over Mellack's contradictory behaviour. We need to have a talk, somewhere private. I'm not meant to tell anyone, but I argued to be allowed to tell you. No, this isn't the part where you think I'm crazy; that comes after I tell you. To be honest I'm starting to think the same thing.

"I need to speak with Sharon privately. We'll be back in five."

Head into the other apartment, switching thermal on.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2011, 07:16:53 pm
As promised, you have thermal. It works perfectly. Sharon's face is lit up in different warm colors.

Ball of light? Okay, you're going to tell me something really interesting, aren't you? Are you going to start with a 'hypothetical' example, or will you just tell me flat out what it is?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2011, 07:38:29 pm
Close the door.

I was informed right there now- actually a few moments into the future, which is why I told you what Mellack would say- that I'm actually an energy-based life-form from a higher plane of existence sent to this universe in corporeal form to stop the catastrophic war that will occur without intervention. You can stare now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2011, 07:40:42 pm
Sharon doesn't stare.

Is that all? I knew that already.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2011, 08:06:02 pm
Alright, my mind is officially fucked, now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2011, 08:09:24 pm
The Grand One told me about it as well. I...wasn't planning on telling you, actually, but since you brought it up...well, how could I resist?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2011, 08:32:19 pm
How long have you known about this? Who's the Grand One? Did he tell you about me, as well? Wait, does that mean that you're in charge of me? Then how come I'm always the one who seems to make the decisions? Were you- One barrage of questions at a time, Velocity. One barrage of questions at a time.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2011, 08:35:36 pm
No, we're equals. The Grand One was the one you just spoke to. I found out about it several minutes before you decided to talk with me about this. Sharon brushes your hair.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2011, 07:40:04 am
Isn't it kind of arrogant to call yourself the- Nevermind. I was worried for a moment that I'd have to go back to being some astral entity without you when this was all over... My memories of then still aren't clear, though... When we finish this mission, will we stay together, or are relationships too trivial for us immortals?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2011, 09:09:03 am
Sharon sits on the bed. Ties of the flesh are not nearly as powerful as ties of the spirit. When we're done preventing this crisis...well, we can argue to spend more time here, always. Of course, I find it odd that you requested to keep the roughly-translated version of your name for this. I didn't know for quite a while who would name their child Velocity.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2011, 09:55:51 am
I guessed my parents were jerks or something, but I couldn't remember, and nobody seemed to have any problem with it. What's your name, up there?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2011, 10:00:39 am
Languages such as these are cumbersome for speaking our true names. Roughly, it means star...
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2011, 10:30:17 am
Suits you.

Try to kiss her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2011, 10:41:43 am
She graciously accepts.

You hear the bathroom door open shortly afterward, Niwo walking out and staring awkwardly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2011, 10:46:33 am
Break off.

"Somehow I knew that would happen the moment we started kissing, and make you think we weren't actually discussing important matters."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2011, 10:58:14 am
"...I was just using the facilities..." Niwo slowly exits.

Zinn comes in. "Mellack wants to discuss something with you."

Sharon gets up. "Well, there's just so much going on right now!" she exits as well.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2011, 11:49:42 am
Walking out with her, deciding that "The Great One" wouldn't like me saying anything about what I just learned aloud, even I did make it incredibly sarcastic and not even plausible-sounding.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2011, 11:55:13 am
Grand One, you irreverent fool.

Mellack seems to have organized the items found in the crate, and he's quite flustered.

"Oh, good. You came. We need to make it top priority to get that other create back. All the experiential nanites are in there. If they relay information on those to the UMR..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2011, 12:18:03 pm
"...I know this is a risk, but I'm going to have to take thermal nanites to deal with the cloaked hostiles. Please tell me we have SOME."

Talk to Sharon.
The Glorious One allowed me to acquire thermal vision, and another power. If I pretend to take thermal nanites, I can warn the others about cloaked enemies without anybody getting suspicious.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2011, 12:32:25 pm
"...We don't," says Mellack. "They're in ther other case. However, I believe Zinn and David have them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2011, 12:35:34 pm
"I guess our heads are in their hands, then. What time is it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2011, 12:52:24 pm
"It's 2200 hours. Now is better than later," says Verr.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2011, 01:15:23 pm
"Agreed. Let's get that case. Everyone ready? Take any weapons you like, just conceal them. Alright, from what I remember, the base is in an abandoned fishery somewhere around the Murn. The last two are humans, one with hacking, cloaking, and photosynthesis, one of them with cloaking, thermal, superstrength, sensory enhancement, and that damn rocket launcher. I reckon I can take the latter hand to hand. He's probably as strong as the spider guy, but he's only got one arm he can use close up, I have four. Zinn and Dave'll take the lead with Lans and I. We'll be cloaked. They'll keep an eye out for anybody cloaking. We get into the base, kill the human without the rocket launcher, and take the leader alive if possible. I'm not willing to give any of our lives for that, so if you can kill him, and he's in danger of killing somebody, do it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2011, 01:26:22 pm
Everybody nods.

"Alright," says Luukner, groaning as he gets up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2011, 03:52:51 pm
Fix up my armour if necessary, and make a sort of black cape. Strap an assault rifle or two under it, concealed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2011, 04:05:20 pm
You have concealed weaponry under a suspicious clothing accessory.

Everything you've been doing seems weird now that you know you're a celestial being.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2011, 04:22:29 pm
I've been shooting at four-armed spies who can turn into spiders and freeze things by touching them. I'm not sure how that can see any weirder.

Head out.

"So... Who knows where it is... Sharon? Niwo?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2011, 04:30:11 pm
Niwo nods. "On the shore of the lake. I know the way there, just follow me." Niwo starts walking down the road.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2011, 04:38:59 pm
Follow him, thermal on.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2011, 04:44:26 pm
You're finding it hard to see with the thermal on constantly. Looking around, your depth perception seems to be suffering, and you have trouble distinguishing objects when most of them are similar temperatures, but the few people you do see are quite noticeable. You follow Niwo to the docks, and eventually you see an old fishery warehouse in the distance.

"Start making plans," says Zinn. "How will we be entering?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2011, 04:58:57 pm
Keep thermal on, since this is where they're most likely to be besides inside the base itself.

"Lans and I will attempt a surprise attack, since neither of them have shielding, and the rocket launcher user may not have thermal on. One well placed bullet before they know we're here will make the fight way easier. He has sensory enhancements, so he'll hear us if we all rush in. You'll wait right outside, ready to charge in when I say the word. They probably do know we know about the base by now, so they might not even be here."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2011, 05:03:26 pm
You don't see anybody around the perimeter. However, you note several windows you could enter through on the roof, a back door, and an entrance that you could make through a special boat docking area.

Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2011, 05:09:22 pm
Cloak, and tap Lans on the shoulder, pulling him by the wrist towards the docking bay, figuring if he's watching any entrance, it isn't that one.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2011, 05:15:39 pm
Both you and Lans cloak. You swim into the warehouse, and emerge in a dark corner behind piles of boxes.

You scan the area, hearing a loud mechanical noise. There's some kind of droid here.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2011, 05:23:32 pm
There's a droid. Mellack, do you think the hacking nanites will let me control or disable it?

See if I can hack it from a distance, or if I need to touch it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2011, 05:25:50 pm
You need to physically contact what you're trying to hack.

The machine appears to...have organic components. There's a Mandelorian brain inside of it, possibly serving as its main processor. This...you might have problems with what this thing is.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2011, 05:31:48 pm
WHAT THE FUCK? ARE THESE PEOPLE ABSOLUTELY SICK? I GET WHAT YOU WERE PISSED ABOUT, LUUKNER! AT LEAST CRION ONLY DOES HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE THINGS AGAINST THE PEOPLE THEY'RE KILLING ANYWAY! God, I feel so sorry for the UMR's citizens when they can face atrocities from EITHER BLOODY SIDE! Okay, ranting over. I guess we'll find out the hard way if this can see us. Lans, try to avoid being spotted, it might have thermal.

Try to slip past it, staying out of line of sight just in case.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2011, 05:42:30 pm
A light on the droid's chest suddenly begins flashing yellow. "WARNING, HEARTBEATS DETECTED IN AREA. WARNING."

SHUT IT UP, says Lans.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2011, 06:04:06 pm
Quickly touch it, and try to hack into it.

Please please please please please please please please please please please please.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2011, 06:08:06 pm
You have the options of cutting off its power or reprogramming it. The bot shuts up for the time being.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2011, 06:12:29 pm
YES! YES! I'M CALLING IT SPARKY! FUCK YES! I ALWAYS WANTED A ROBOT!

Try to reprogram it to see all targets as friendly, apart from two individuals, look into its memory to see if it already recognises them. If so, flag them as foes, if not, put in their descriptions.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2011, 06:19:25 pm
You set the targets, changing the robot's setting from alert, to kill. The robot looks a lot like a spider in design, the brain encased in the area where the thorax would be. It has eight legs, as well as a hatch on its back housing extra implements such as sawblade arms, arms that generate electricity, and arms with guns installed on them. There's room for customization, you might want to take it up with Mellack.

"COMMANDS?" it asks you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2011, 06:47:39 pm
Whisper.

"Exterminate individual "Alex." Be wary of his hacking nanites. Incapacitate individual "Brandt" if possible, but otherwise, exterminate. Prioritise own survival, but prioritise survival of allied individuals further. Equip heavy automatic weapons, and be alert to cloaked targets. Wait until my command before we begin."

We're going to storm the place with the droid. Enter by one of the main entrances, we've taken the docking bay. You can breach now, we're about to attack.

"Attack."

Stay cloaked to provide a harder target for Alex, guns out and ready. Follow behind the mech, thermal on. Switch it off if I see both hostiles uncloaked.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2011, 06:54:23 pm
As you proceed through the warehouse, the droid stops in front of a door under the stairs. It's detecting one heartbeat inside.

"Proceed?"

The others breach the back door, finding nobody.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2011, 07:14:40 pm
Gather quietly at the door under the stairs. The robot has a heatbeat detected. Be wary of the other.
Whisper.

"Is it beating quickly?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2011, 07:20:15 pm
"Negative. Heart condition detected, characteristic of TARGET ALEX."

Your team stacks up at the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2011, 07:43:11 pm
"Equip electrical weaponry. Change protocol to stun. It seems he's alone. His hacking might be ranged, so try to knock him out quickly. Everyone else, close quarters combat. Go for the arms and kneecaps. Breaching."

Kick the door down, and rush in, still cloaked, but withweapons raised.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2011, 07:54:16 pm
Alex turns from the computer as you bust in, the robot shocks him several times and he falls down, paralyzed! Everybody else rushes in afterward. Alex is incapacitated.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2011, 07:59:25 pm
Waste no time checking what he was up to on the computer this time, hacking into it if I have to. Talk to him at the same time.

"Tell us where Korgen is and we don't have to hurt you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2011, 08:04:09 pm
Minesweeper. WHAT COULD THEIR PLANS BE!?

In response, you hear a beeping coming from Alex.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 22, 2011, 07:47:25 am
Look at the others, alarmed, freaking out, but unsure of what to do.

"...Is that his heart acting up or is this a bomb..? Both require totally different approaches!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 22, 2011, 09:01:56 am
The beeping increases in frequency.

"BOMB, GET OUT! RUN!" Sharon bolts with everybody else and the robot.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 22, 2011, 10:11:59 am
> GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 22, 2011, 10:17:36 am
You slam the door behind you as whatever explosive device was in him goes off. It shatters the glass window next to the door, and a few pieces of shrapnel fly through the wood. Well, now it's just plain messy in there!

"Target Alex exterminated. Objective complete. Now seeking Target Korgen. Orders: Capture."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 22, 2011, 10:26:31 am
"...No, wait. That guy had the rocket launcher, so ALEX was the leader, not the hacker. I'm also pretty sure I got Brandt and Korgen mixed up. Korgen is the one with the spider nanites Lans and I killed. BRANDT is the hacker. I wanted to get the leader alive, but clearly that wasn't going to happen even if I didn't fuck up. Sparky, that's your new identification, change status of Korgen to deceased, change status of Brandt to... capture or kill? He probably won't know more than the one we already captured, but if they called for backup recently, he'll know. There's also the chance that he can hack without touching things, since their superstrength is so much better, and we couldn't handle Sparky on us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 22, 2011, 10:30:53 am
"Computing..."

The droid is having a hard time processing all of this. The brain inside of it quivers.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 10:25:04 am
"...Maybe I should talk slower."

Wait a bit, seeing if it stops.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 10:29:55 am
It does indeed stop.

"Reconfiguring...Target Brandt, exterminated. Seeking Target Alex. Is this correct?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 10:32:37 am
"Targets Korgen and Alex exterminated. Seeking target Brandt."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 10:38:43 am
"Wait, the guy didn't exactly look like Alex. I mean, he was quite aged, fitting Brandt's description...I think this is a big misunderstanding. There was some kind of microbomb that went off when we paralyzed him," says Zinn.

"I wouldn't be surprised if the UMR fitted their special agents with explosive implants. That way, they couldn't easily be captured. The first one didn't activate his for some reason, probably thought he could take you," says Luukner.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 10:40:19 am
"But he had a heart condition, that the robot thought was Alex... Unless I've messed everything up. Mellack, you tell the robot all the accurate descriptions. I'm too much of a scatterbrain."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 10:45:42 am
Mellack quickly starts explaining everything. You start looking around to notice that someone turned the lights on in the warehouse while you were busy in here.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 11:43:21 am
Shush everyone, and switch on thermal, whispering to Sparky.

"Disregard last assignment. Kill first human you see that isn't part of our group right now."

Check to make sure everybody is here.

The lights are on.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 11:47:48 am
Everybody is indeed here.

I think someone knows...considering their track record, we're about to be attacked by a man with a rocket launcher for an arm, says Zinn.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 11:59:05 am
Quickly, but quietly get everyone into the room, and close the door after. Examine the layout of it, and look for potential cover.

Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 12:02:57 pm
In front of you is a stack of crates several meters high. To your left you can see a few garage doors a little ways from here. To your right you see the entrance you came in from. Also to your right is the end of the line of crates in front of you, forming a small opening next to another line of crates perpendicular to this one.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 12:10:50 pm
Get everyone into cover at various positions at the crates, covering every entrance between them. Stand cloaked in a relatively uncovered position, watching all the entrances carefully with thermal on, ready to teleport to our attacker's position and afterwards claim that Zinn and David's thermal sensors are acting up.

Decide that civilian casualties are preferable to all of us getting killed with a rocket launcher. Whisper to the droid.
"Sparky. Use automatic weapons to kill the next target to enter the room. Engage thermal."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 12:18:04 pm
"Roger."

Sparky starts patrolling, but the moment you look up you see a horrifying flash of red from around a corner, then a brief flash of white, and the flames of a white-hot rocket on a path to blow you to pieces!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 12:31:16 pm
TELEPORT AROUND THE CORNER, still cloaked. Hope The Immaculate One doesn't screw me over. Quickly try to spot him, and gun him down.

HE'S HERE!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 12:37:00 pm
Everybody is on alert.

You suddenly find yourself over at the dock entrance. You don't exactly have the hang of this.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 12:39:11 pm
Quickly try to regain my sense of direction, and use thermal to look around for the perpetrator.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 12:45:51 pm
You're not seeing anything over here, but you hear another explosion, and gunfire! Sparky's alarm goes off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 12:58:41 pm
Get into cover in the centre of the room, and use my smell and hearing to try to figure out where he is.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 01:03:09 pm
It smells a lot like dead fish and fiery explosion in here. The gunfire is too deafening for you, though. You hear another explosion behind the boxes!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 01:22:54 pm
Teleport around the room, trying to both get the hang of it on the spot, and try to get a glimpse of him.

ANYBODY HAVE SIGHT OF HIM?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 01:36:31 pm
You can't see him, but you hear Verr cry out as he gets shot around the corner!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 01:43:33 pm
Stop myself praising the heavens that it's only Verr, realising that the karmic retribution will probably take Sharon or Sparky.

Run to Verr's position, and teleport in the direction he was most likely shot from.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 01:55:58 pm
You do so, and Alex runs into you! You both fall over, Alex pointing his rocket launcher arm at you, a crazed look in his eye.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 02:31:19 pm
Freeze, hoping he has some level of sanity left, talking slowly, considering my words carefully as I go along.

"...We don't desire your death... neither did we desire the deaths of your comrades..."

Nobody move... I've got a rocket launcher to the face and it doesn't look like he values his own life... Going to see if I can talk my way out of this, but be ready to clean up the mess...
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 02:39:10 pm
He breathes heavily, laughing.

"...Everything is just so simple...WHEN YOU HAVE A ROCKET LAUNCHER FOR AN ARM!"

He clicks something on his arm.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 03:03:18 pm
Did it just jam, or are you just giving me an opportunity to get out of the way?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 03:18:49 pm
He starts pummeling you with his arm! It seems he's out of ammunition! Verr gets up, aiming his gun!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 03:20:23 pm
Oh thank fuck.

Quickly try to roll away from him, and aim my gun at him.

"Alex, this doesn't have to end violently!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 03:34:34 pm
"THAT'S THE ONLY WAY ANYTHING CAN EVER END! CONFLICTS END VIOLENTLY, DISPUTES END VIOLENTLY! EVERYTHING ESCALATES INTO WAR!"

Verr takes a few shots, only to find that Alex has a shield! Alex takes an RPG off of his belt, loading his arm!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 03:36:32 pm
"WE'RE THE ONES TRYING TO STOP WAR! WE DESERTED THE CRIONESE MILITARY FOR A REASON!"

Teleport behind him, still cloaked so Verr can't see me, and try to knock the RPG out of his hands before he loads it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 03:55:08 pm
The RPG clatters to the ground! Alex swings around wildly, knocking you down with his arm!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 04:06:23 pm
We're in hand-to-hand combat here, he has shields, so bullets are useless! Verr's here anyway since he didn't hear me, so the rest of you may as well!

See if I can teleport to get up quickly, and then in front of him, going for the eyes, not having much of a choice but to fight dirty.

"Don't get me wrong, Alex. We'll resolve this with violence if we have to, but it isn't necessary!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 04:22:04 pm
Alex loads another round, quickly aiming at his feet!

"FOR THE GRATER GOOD!!!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 04:29:47 pm
"VERR, OUT!"

Teleport as far away as I can see.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 04:58:24 pm
You both jump as meat rains down on you.

"Holy shit."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 05:19:53 pm
"...What a mess... Wasted potential..."

Uncloak, and head quickly for the water to wash the gore off me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 05:33:39 pm
Everybody inspects the scene, the bloody smear of the fanatical leader of the group on the floor. Sparky observes it.

"Target self-exterminated. objective accomplished."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 05:49:42 pm
"All targets exterminated. Remove targets Brandt, Alex, Luutna, and Korgen from memory. Do you know about any plans the UMR had in case of their deaths?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 06:03:53 pm
"Redeploy agents through the use of the Nest program."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 06:21:08 pm
"...Tell me about the Nest program..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 06:38:27 pm
"No further input provided."

"Whatever it is, they kept it a secret from the robot," says Sharon.

Luukner seems nervous.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 07:02:09 pm
"Luukner. Please just spit it out and tell us. If we're going to have to fight those guys all over again, we need to know or we're all going to die, you included."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 07:08:20 pm
"I-I've only heard rumors!" Luukner says nervously. He looks about, at the bloody mess in the office, and the bloody smear out here as well.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 07:13:51 pm
"Tell us what you've heard, Luukner. We're all your frie- I mean, everyone except Verr is your friend here, and he won't hurt you no matter what you say."

Mentally contact Mellack.
Speaking of Verr, he needs radio nanites. I told nobody to move over the radio and he didn't hear it. Have we found the case?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 07:23:54 pm
The case is next to the entrance to the basement. They seem...lazy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 07:44:17 pm
Aren't communists generally stereotyped as hard workers? Meh, not complaining.
"Luukner, you seem defensive about this..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 08:06:13 pm
"It's just...what? What is it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 09:04:17 pm
"You looked nervous, and you suddenly blurted out that you'd only heard rumours. I've been a soldier long enough to know that when somebody acts like that, they generally know more than they want to say. For fuck's sake, Luukner, we removed the device because we trust you. You probably know how important this is better than us. So far I guessed that it's a cloning project for soldiers, but you wouldn't get all anxious if that was all you knew."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 09:17:14 pm
"Nobody is quite sure, but we know it has something to do with cloning super soldiers. You know how willingly Alex just blew himself up? I'm betting mind transfer has something to do with it..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 09:54:06 pm
"FUCK, so they can just RESPAWN and come back knowing who we are and what we can do? OH FUCKING HELL WE TOLD LOADS TO THE FIRST ONE WE KILLED! THEY KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT US! THAT'S NOT EVEN INCLUDING WHATEVER HE AND LUUKNER TALKED ABOUT! So let me get this straight: not only are they supersoldiers we had hell fighting one at a time, but they can come back to life retaining all knowlege of us, and they already know loads about our group, and now consider us a threat? I'm not sure how much more fucked we could be. Thanks for telling us, Luukner, if we survive, that information saved us. I just wish you'd said that BEFORE we fed our whole history straight to the UMR."

Contact Sharon.
We need help from our employers or we're going to d- What happens if we die? Do we get another shot or do we fail the mission? Doesn't matter, these brave men don't get second chances, unless we're all of the same origin and you guys are trolling me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 10:14:36 pm
I don't know what happens, but I do know that there might be more of us working here. So, what if they don't look the same?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 23, 2011, 10:35:52 pm
What kind of ridiculously inefficient, masochistic demi-god race are we? Wouldn't it makes sense to TELL US who the other operatives are, and NOT MAKE US AMNESIAC? Urgh, I'll have to take that up with the management while I'm asking for help on this. I suspect Hector, though. He's the quiet one. It's ALWAYS the quiet one.

"And to answer Sharon's mental question, if they don't look the same when redeployed... I'm going to be honest and not sugarcoast it... Then we're dead. Plain and simple. If they're more powerful than us, immortal, completely anonymous, know lots about us, and actually organised this time, then we're simply going to die. I can't express that any other way that doesn't involve hysterical screaming."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 23, 2011, 10:43:05 pm
"Alright," says Zinn. "Then we'd best try to prepare. We'll do whatever we can to avoid them. We have time, but we need to have tact as well. First off, what do they know about us? Second, what do we have at our disposal to use against them? Third, what do we know about them, characteristically?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 24, 2011, 08:26:00 am
"Well, I had the robot delete his data on four of them, since I generally make the MASSIVE MISTAKE of allowing myself to assume that the people I kill won't come back to try killing me again. They're clearly pretty badly disciplined, as displayed by the holding up of a service station with a grafted rocket launcher (which makes my cloaking incident seem pretty harmless) and the porn on their computers. Also, Brandt was playing minesweeper instead of paying attention to possible attack, and I think the robot said something about a heart condition. They know we're Crionese deserters, and that we want to stop the war. They also probably know most of our nanites, as well as our names. Luukner, I'm not suggesting you were feeding him information, but what did you say about our group when you were talking privately with the one we captured? Every detail makes the difference."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 24, 2011, 10:29:26 am
Luukner thinks for a while. "I spoke with him about the Nest, but I didn't reveal anything about the group. Our prisoner didn't ask."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 24, 2011, 12:21:37 pm
"What did he say about the nest?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 24, 2011, 12:41:54 pm
"...He trusted me more than the rest of you, and said that he thought it was morally wrong. He mentioned tampering with something...I can't remember what, but he tampered with something to make the process of reinserting his mind into a new body impossible. He did not wish to come back, and his resolve to serve his country was also wavering. He wanted to die."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 24, 2011, 02:29:34 pm
Sigh with relief.

"...At least that's one down, and it's a sign that not all of them are loyal to their cause. Sparky, how expendable are these super-soldiers? If one was permanently killed, how easily would they be to replace?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 24, 2011, 02:39:32 pm
"No data available. Input required for response."

"Hey guys, I think we should check this basement out," says Sharon, looking at the doorway.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 24, 2011, 04:44:27 pm
"Good plan. Also, Mellack. It looks like there's plenty of room to install more on Sparky."

Follow her down.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 24, 2011, 04:50:22 pm
You go down into the basement. You immediately get a feeling that this place isn't as normal as the fishery above. In the darkness, you can hear a faint humming, a dim light coming from a glass aquarium of some kind. You see a lone computer monitor in the middle, a glowing white screen shines like a beacon.
"Hit the lights, would you?" asks Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 24, 2011, 06:36:21 pm
Find the lightswitch, and flick it on, hacking it if it isn't working for some reason.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 24, 2011, 06:42:35 pm
The light switch activates the track lights above. Row by row, the fluorescent lights turn on to reveal several brains wired up inside of the aquatic display. There is a wall of monitors showing vital signs, strings of random data, and flashes of abstract images. There are a bunch of robotics here, seemingly fueled by brainpower. There are bodies on gurneys, covered by blankets. There are several more robots, but these do not appear to be fitted with brains of their own.

"Organic computers...those bastards," you hear Sharon mutter.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 24, 2011, 07:23:45 pm
Talk loudly enough for the others to hear me, but not loudly enough to be obnoxious.

"Crion and the UMR are both monstrosities, and can blow each-other up all they like, but Hirst is free from all this, unless we allow it to be invaded. If Hirst devolves to the same level as them, the planet is forsaken. We're not fighting for Crion, or Hirst, we're fighting for Mandaloria, and our own survival."

Examine some of the working robotics.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 24, 2011, 07:31:24 pm
Everybody comes down and examines this place. You look over a row of machines. You see a robot arm moving about, attempting over and over to stack various blocks. You look at a rather large camera, observing you, making strange noises as its large eye adjusts in response to your movement. You see a brain that appears to be playing...minesweeper? It has quite an impressive time on expert.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 24, 2011, 07:52:08 pm
Almost get distracted by the minesweeper, then get my priorities straight, hacking into the camera to see if it's transmitting what it films.

Talk to Luukner.
Also, Luukner, random curiousity. Does the spider have any sort of cultural significance to the UMR? Korgen had spider-morphing, and Sparky is very spider-like in design. I know I sound stupid, but just wondering.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 24, 2011, 07:58:34 pm
Spiders...well, not really. They're subject to some mythology, but they're not extremely integral in traditional Mandelorian culture.

The camera doesn't appear to be transmitting, but as you hack into it you can almost measure a panicked response. You look around, seeing yourself concentrating deeply, and everybody else standing around inspecting everything.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 24, 2011, 08:17:40 pm
Check its past footage, looking for anything of interest involving the soldiers.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 24, 2011, 08:22:06 pm
You witness Alex performing a sexual act in front of all of that nasty porn that you keep finding. You...think the brain powering the camera is now making an active effort to resist you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 25, 2011, 07:36:30 am
Take the camera's advice, and quickly exit it.

"OH GOD. If there's anything worse than that porn it's what they do while looking at it!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 25, 2011, 08:50:15 am
Everybody gives you a perplexed look before taking everything they can. Niwo even takes the camera setup.

"Alright. So, we have an uncertain amount of time to prepare, a lab full of possibly useful information, and brains," says Luukner.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 25, 2011, 10:04:06 am
Look under the blankets, checking if any of them have any brains left.

"...There are some extra robots here. If we can figure out how to install brains in them... I mean, the people are already dead, right..?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 25, 2011, 11:11:19 am
Sharon cringes. You note that the cadavers all have had their brains removed, but the brains in the tank seem to be installed in their own handy containers. Moving them would be simple enough.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 25, 2011, 01:00:37 pm
"...Mellack, we could use more robots for when they attack. Do you mind... transferring the brains? You'd be better at it than any of us..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 25, 2011, 01:12:24 pm
"I'll get on it. These models seem intuitive. Just help me with rewriting their programming."

Mellack takes out a few tools and begins examining the console, tapping a few buttons. Shortly, the tank is drained. He reaches inside and takes out each brain in its container.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 25, 2011, 02:57:48 pm
Watch, less disturbed by this than the shitting dick nipples.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 25, 2011, 03:11:45 pm
That porn was so horrible you don't even think you remember exactly what you were looking at.

Mellack attaches the brain cases to special areas on the droids. He steps back and ushers you forward.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 25, 2011, 07:30:18 pm
Reprogram it to see our entire group as friendly, and everyone else as hostile, while talking to the others.

"If we set up defenses here, including these droids, then we might be able to take their squad. Looking different won't be an advantage if they attack us here. Somebody go look around the base, maybe there are some powerful nanites some of you can use."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 25, 2011, 07:34:21 pm
The group has been scavenging ever since you got down here. As Mellack powers on the droid, David and Lans come over and throw down a case at your feet.

"Look at this party keg of AWESOME we've got here!" David says, high-fiving Lans.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 25, 2011, 08:08:56 pm
Realising how easily excited those two are, pick it up and look inside before passing judgement.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 25, 2011, 08:26:10 pm
Inside of the cooler are several containers of nanite fluid, with each appearing to have a label. They're marked "Spider," "Avian," "Snake," and "Wolf" respectively.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 25, 2011, 09:21:05 pm
"HOLY SHIT YOU'RE RIGHT! Gentlemen, we might actually pull this off. Spidermorphing, Wolfmorphing, Snakemorphing and Birdmorphing! Who want what?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 25, 2011, 09:25:37 pm
Of course, everyone isn't reckless enough to want another highly-experimental body-altering substance in their system. You have no volunteers.

Mellack looks at himself, and then sighs. "Alright. Toss me the Snakemorphing. I'll try it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 26, 2011, 09:26:52 am
"You're a good man, Mellack."

Hand him the snake nanites.

"Are you guys serious? If I didn't already have more nanites than blood, I'd be all over these!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 26, 2011, 09:42:48 am
"I would be too!" says David. "You know what? Give me the Spider nanites!"
"I'll take the Wolf nanites because alright!" Lans says.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 26, 2011, 10:17:45 am
High-five both of them, and hand them their nanites, deciding that maybe their attitudes aren't such a bad thing after all.

"Nobody for Avian? Come on, who DOESN'T want to fly?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 26, 2011, 10:30:26 am
Everybody seems fine. You guess this means its yours.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 26, 2011, 05:52:22 pm
Think about it carefully.

"Mellack, what are the chances of me dying if I take experimental shapeshifting nanites on top of the... God knows how many I already have?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 27, 2011, 07:52:07 am
"There's no way I can tell really. But you have already shown an adverse side-effect. I wouldn't recommend it, but on the other hand..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 27, 2011, 10:53:44 am
"...This is so tempting, but I really don't want to be throwing up again, especially if it's worse... Tough call."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 27, 2011, 11:40:58 am
You see Sharon wink at you. You're not sure exactly what that means, but you think she's saying to go for it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 27, 2011, 01:13:04 pm
"Alright, time to fly..."

Inject it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 27, 2011, 04:46:26 pm
Upon injection, you feel an immediate burning sensation in all of your bones! You fall to the ground, something sharp piercing out of your back! You fall to your knees, closing your eyes as intense tears flow out of your eyes. You hear screams, but only after a while does it become clear to you that they are your own. Mellack places a hand on you, but you cannot hear what he is saying.

You awake, in a bed. You are lying on your belly.

"Can you hear me?" asks Mellack, the sound of a heart monitor nearby.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 27, 2011, 06:25:13 pm
"...That was a shit idea..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 28, 2011, 04:01:42 am
"The conversion sequence following it seemed extremely painful. Velocity, your bones are hollow, and you've got two razor sharp metallic wings coming out of your back." Mellack prepares a few syringes for David and Lans, who are also in bed from this.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 28, 2011, 05:36:23 am
"Can I fold them up under my clothes? Also, do you think I can transform further, like Korgen did?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 28, 2011, 02:08:59 pm
"Transform further? I suppose you could. These wings seem quite concealable, but you might need a new shirt if you decide to use them. However, the armor is nanite-compatible, so you should be able to use it freely in that."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 28, 2011, 02:37:57 pm
Slowly try to move myself to my feet.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 28, 2011, 03:00:46 pm
You feel lightheaded as you get up, but your arms and legs feel a lot lighter than normal.

"Alright, hold on. Let me get these electrodes off of you." Mellack reaches under your shirt and detaches several taped-on suction cups.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 28, 2011, 03:03:15 pm
Stand up, and use my wings to help regain my balance. Start slowly, seeing how much further I can transform myself, trying to make it work the same way I transform between human and Mandalorian. Start off as a Mandalorian, then slowly try turning more avian, adapting my clothes as I go along.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 28, 2011, 05:05:47 pm
You feel your teeth begin to merge, each row becoming a solid piece. Your mouth pushes out, forming with your nose to become a sharp beak. Your eyesight improves even further, to a degree you didn't think possible. Your skin feels prickly, feathers forming out as your legs become hard and scaly, with sharp talons. You are covered in feathers, and you can choose between having wings on your back or wings on your arms.

Mellack sighs in wonderment.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 28, 2011, 05:34:56 pm
"This... is... INCREDIBLE! Have you taken yours yet?"

Have wings on my back, and keep my four scaled, feathery arms, with five fingers on each.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 28, 2011, 05:42:20 pm
You're beginning to look like a mish-mash of various creatures. You have four feathery arms, two wings on your back.

"I'm the best doctor here, and the others, well, they haven't exactly recovered yet."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 28, 2011, 06:10:19 pm
"...They're brave guys... they'll pull through... What now? Are we still in the fishery?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 28, 2011, 06:16:24 pm
"We set up here. The beds were on hand."

You look in a nearby bed and discover a black-furred wolf humanoid sitting inside, also on a heart monitor.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 28, 2011, 07:03:50 pm
"These two are going to completely do my head in with their excitement when they wake up..."

Turn to Mellack.
"Anyway, first priority: defence. How long was I out?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 29, 2011, 03:40:20 pm
"Five hours. Your vitals didn't show any significant drops during that time. However, if I had to guess, I'd say if there's any sort of cloning program going on, they'd have to spend at least a few days in their new bodies first."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 29, 2011, 04:23:04 pm
"The UMR is clearly reckless enough to send them here with as little preparation as possible, though. We need to get as much defence planned out as we can. I've noticed that there seems to be a good amount of free space on the robot for new attachments. Think you could manage anything?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 29, 2011, 04:56:00 pm
"Perhaps," says Mellack, "but what do you have in mind? Or should I surprise you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 29, 2011, 05:29:03 pm
"I could do with a pleasant surprise after all these bad ones. See what you can do."

Walk off, to find Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 29, 2011, 05:34:37 pm
You find Sharon sitting down with one of the new spider robots, this one painted with several gold stripes.

"Oh, hello Velocity. I'd like you to meet Vanessa. She's...well, I'll let her speak for herself."

Vanessa turns to you. "I am pleased to meet you, Velocity. Please, have a seat with us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 29, 2011, 06:25:49 pm
"...Why can't Sparky talk?"

Sit down with them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 29, 2011, 06:30:58 pm
"I am unsure," says Vanessa, sitting patiently. "Thank you for saving me. The solution they suspended my mind in acted as a mental sedative, keeping me from realizing what was really happening. It's a shame what happened to my body."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 29, 2011, 06:35:21 pm
"WAIT, you're intelligent? Sorry, sorry! I thought Sharon had programmed you to say that last part! It's great to meet you."

Stand up, and offer something close to a handshake.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 29, 2011, 06:39:44 pm
"It's alright," says Vanessa. "I am incapable of feeling strong emotions, so I am not extremely offended." Vanessa can only offer you one of her legs, which you cautiously grasp and shake.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 29, 2011, 06:53:01 pm
"...Maybe we should swap out Sparky's brain for one of the more... fresh ones. I mean, he's a drone, but it'd be good to give one of the others consciousness again. Is that possible?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 29, 2011, 06:56:55 pm
"Well, you helped program me," says Vanessa. "Perhaps if you spent some more time with Sparky, he'd be just as intelligent?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 29, 2011, 07:03:18 pm
"I see. I'll go to him... or her... now. I guess I'll drop the name if he or she has a chance of ever becoming intelligent. I feel bad now. Also, Sharon, you don't seem too alarmed by the whole chicken thing."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 29, 2011, 07:05:48 pm
"I saw what happened, and after everything else in the last two weeks, I'm not overwhelmed suddenly." Sharon sips her tea.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 29, 2011, 07:11:15 pm
"Fair enough. Now I guess I'll talk to Sp- Our least fortunate team-mate."

Go find the damn robot.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 29, 2011, 07:13:20 pm
Mellack is in another lab room working on him. He turns to look at you. "Well, I guess you're not much for surprises, then!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 30, 2011, 07:33:19 am
"Vanessa reckons that if I spend more time with him, he'll develop his old personality back again. I'll talk with him while you work. Is it okay if he's powered on?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 30, 2011, 04:08:34 pm
"I don't want you powering him on now. I'm in the middle of rewiring this thing's circuits in order to properly integrate these...things I've installed."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 30, 2011, 07:34:27 pm
"Alright. I'll keep it a surprise, then. Are there any more mechs?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 31, 2011, 03:49:33 am
"Well, there are two more that haven't been started up yet. Hector saw it fit to paint stripes on them so we could identify them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 31, 2011, 07:36:38 am
"Think it's easy enough for me to put the brains in?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 31, 2011, 11:14:11 am
"The brains are in individual cases, so all you need to do is take them out of the tank and secure them in the special port designed to hold them on the robot. There are also a few brains controlling devices on display here, such as that camera. Take your pick."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 31, 2011, 06:07:35 pm
"Alright, I'll head there, then."

Head to the basement, and see if any of the tanks have identification.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 31, 2011, 06:09:40 pm
There is no identification for the brains in the tanks. You find there is no identification for the bodies, either. You have your pick from two brains floating in the tank to the brains controlling those devices on display you saw earlier. If it matters, one of the brains in the tank is Mandelorian.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 31, 2011, 06:40:03 pm
Decide I'm already acquainted with the camera, and remove the brain from it, putting it into one of the robots.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 31, 2011, 06:43:32 pm
You insert the brain into its proper place in the robot brain holder. The brain retracts into the spider's abdomen, a cover moving over it to act as a shield. Lighted lines running along the robot's body flash on, glowing white. Each individual leg positions itself on the floor, and before you stands a new arachnid robot, ready for action. Of course, it needs input from you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 31, 2011, 07:00:09 pm
"Hello. Do you remember who you are?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 31, 2011, 07:04:17 pm
''Setup required. Please refer to owner's manual for instructions to perform the setup for this droid. Make sure...''

It's spouting off legalese and computer jargon. You might want to hack into it to set this up how you would like it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 31, 2011, 07:28:23 pm
"Aren't you aware that nobody ever reads the manual?"

Hack into it. Try to recover its past personality, and give it free will.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 31, 2011, 07:33:22 pm
You hack into it, the organic brain's information flooding into the machine.

Suddenly, it becomes much more alert, looking around at everything, muttering madly.

"Must WATCH...must watch EVERYTHING! EVERYWHERE! EVERY TIME! No matter what I see...who are you? What is this? Are you good or bad? I'm watching..."

It extends two machine guns from its back.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on July 31, 2011, 08:08:59 pm
Put my feathery hands up and hope he doesn't think this is Duck Hunt.

"It's okay, relax. You don't have to watch anything anymore. You're free."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 31, 2011, 08:12:45 pm
"Just...STOP WATCHING!? All I've done is watch for the past week...my pleasure center was stimulated when I did as I was supposed to...who are you? What are these?"

He raises two of his legs to his eye sensors.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 01, 2011, 06:51:19 pm
"Those are your eyes. You're not a camera anymore, you're a droid who can do what he likes. My name is Velocity. I know you're freaked out, but stay calm, and you'll like your new body better."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 01, 2011, 06:56:20 pm
The droid accidentally discharges his taser into you. You fall over, paralyzed from the shock. He mopes on the ground, his legs splayed out.

"I hurt my master...I'm sorry! I won't do it again! It feels so terrible...make it stop..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 01, 2011, 07:11:23 pm
"Oh... fuck this... hurts... Just... I'm not your master... You don't have a master... but please... never again..."

Mellack, the camera kind of tased me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 01, 2011, 07:16:27 pm
What exactly do you mean by that?

"PRIMARY FRIENDLY IS LISTED AS 'VELOCITY.' DESIGNATED AS MASTER." The droid gets up stiffly, before relaxing. "...Is my name Camera?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 01, 2011, 07:46:38 pm
Urgh... I feel bad about shocking that guy now... I'm getting up...

Start pulling myself up.

"I don't know your name. You had a name before they took your brain out. Think."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 01, 2011, 07:54:23 pm
"Camera, Camera, Camera Camera Camera..."

This is going nowhere.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 01, 2011, 08:11:33 pm
"I'm going to scan your memory here."

See if I can find any trace of data that might be something related to his previous self.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 01, 2011, 08:16:01 pm
You scan for some time, finding a few odd bits consisting of little more than brief flashes of panic, torture, and groggy awareness. There is a single image of Korgen spinning up a buzzsaw, the past self lying on a table, drugged.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 01, 2011, 08:27:44 pm
"Alright, come up with your own name. A dignified name, not like Camera."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 01, 2011, 08:31:20 pm
"...I wish to be named Velocity. Not Camera, Velocity."

It nods its head.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 01, 2011, 08:52:03 pm
"...How about Brian?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 01, 2011, 08:58:15 pm
"I named myself Velocity. Why are you naming me Brian? I want to be Velocity. I thought for myself." The droid shakes its head, starting to nonchalantly grip the wall with its legs, standing horizontally on the wall.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 01, 2011, 09:15:58 pm
"Well... Hello, Velocity! Alright, then... Let's go see the others!"

Go look for Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 01, 2011, 09:20:01 pm
You find Sharon still sitting at the table with Vanessa, though this time there are two spider droids having a conversation.

"I know, I have no need for food, drink, or sleep. Only power," says one.

"I'm plugged in right now," says the other.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 01, 2011, 09:46:09 pm
"Hey, everyone... meet... Velocity!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 01, 2011, 09:58:49 pm
They both turn their heads.

"Hello, Velocities," they say in unison.

Both Vanessas begin playing an intricate game of patty-cake, rotating their heads, legs, torsos, and abdomens.

"CONNECTION DETECTED. DO YOU WISH TO ADD THIS UNIT TO THE NETWORK?" asks Velocity.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 02, 2011, 08:01:06 am
"My head hurts already... Sure."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 02, 2011, 10:01:32 pm
Velocity beeps and then joins in to the most mind-boggling coordinated dance with the other two.

A furry wolf stumbles out of medbay, tired and confused. He sniffs about, making his way over to you.

"Feels like I've been hit by a truck," Lans grumbles.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 03, 2011, 08:29:44 am
Smile, or do the best avian equivalent.

"The pain's good. Let's you know you're alive, and you sure as hell are."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 03, 2011, 11:29:52 am
You get a hilarious growl out of him, he hunches over onto all fours, finding the position somewhat comfortable.

"I see you got all the bots in working order, then. What exactly are they..."

"Hello, my name is Velocity," says the eccentric droid. "Protocol? Protocol, please give me protocol, instructions, ooh instructions, instructions, tasks, chores, I'd be happy to help in any way..."

"...Huh?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 03, 2011, 04:40:00 pm
"...Uh... talk to people and kill any attackers."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 03, 2011, 04:56:32 pm
You realize that Velocity might be addicted to the pleasant sensation of a stimulated pleasure center.

"Hello, I'm Velocity."

"Awesome," says Lans. "Now, let me try to figure this out..."

Lans walks around on all fours, but retains a humanoid shape. He sniffs you, then follows the path you took out of the room.

Hector, Niwo, and Zinn come down, also staring at the weird display of robotic communications.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 03, 2011, 05:01:35 pm
Hope he winds down from it before I keep him hooked.

"Did I already say my head hurts?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 03, 2011, 05:15:28 pm
Sharon turns back to her normal self. "Really? That's a shame. Do you know what could be causing it?"

"It seems that your nanites are working properly," says Hector.
"As well as Lans's," says Zinn.
"Velocity, can you fly?" asks Niwo?

Velocity looks over to Niwo. "I don't think so. But I would gladly try if you'd like me to."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 03, 2011, 05:26:37 pm
Facepalm, hard.

"Velocity, your name is Velocity, but you'll respond to Velocity-2. Two is your... uh... serial number."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 03, 2011, 05:43:14 pm
"Affirmative."

"Anyway," says Zinn, rolling his eyes, "have you tried your nanites out?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 03, 2011, 05:50:33 pm
"I'm a giant turkey at the moment. I'll try cloaking and flying outside later."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 03, 2011, 06:00:44 pm
"That's what I meant," said Zinn. "Have you tried flying?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 03, 2011, 06:23:12 pm
"I guess I can try now."

Flap my wings a bit, and try to hover, minding my head.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 03, 2011, 06:28:19 pm
The ceiling is quite high, and you hover easily with your hollowed bones. You're surprisingly light, in fact. Everybody is watching you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 03, 2011, 06:51:27 pm
"This is rather easy, actually, though if Dave starts spinning webs I swear to God..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 03, 2011, 06:56:59 pm
As if on cue, a black and red spider comes out of the medbay, causing everybody to step back. It hisses at you, raising its front legs in the air.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 03, 2011, 07:19:39 pm
"Alright, so we now have a giant bug, a furry, and a chicken. UMR won't know what hit 'em."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 03, 2011, 07:24:43 pm
Dave crawls onto the ceiling and spins a web, Mellack comes out.

"...How pleasant," he says.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 03, 2011, 07:36:25 pm
"Dave, if I get caught in one of those I'll feed you your own thorax. Mellack, you finish the upgrade?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 03, 2011, 07:49:25 pm
"It is done," says Mellack.

Sparky steps out, two flamethrowers extending from its back.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 03, 2011, 07:55:07 pm
"HOLY CRAP HOW DID YOU-"

Fly over.

"Flamethrowers... Sweet, sweet flamethrowers..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 03, 2011, 08:09:18 pm
"WARNING, KEEP A SAFE DISTANCE FROM THE FLAMETHROWERS," says Sparky.

You remember you need to hack the droid more.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 03, 2011, 08:26:16 pm
"Warning, prepare to be a person again... hopefully."

Start hacking, and try to do what I failed to do with my robo-protogé.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 03, 2011, 08:31:57 pm
You begin hacking, you eventually begin to hear....weeping?"

"Thank you..." you hear from him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 03, 2011, 08:43:06 pm
"It's alright... Sorry I didn't do that sooner, but I didn't know it was possible. What's your name? Sparky isn't really dignified."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 03, 2011, 08:46:08 pm
"Alvari. I...volunteered for this, but...I didn't know what they would be doing to me..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 03, 2011, 09:04:15 pm
"They've done a lot of bad things to good people, but so have Crion! Hirst isn't perfect, but it's neutral, and we want to keep it that way."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 03, 2011, 09:08:14 pm
"I was forced to kill...I screamed from within this metal prison as I directed my guns towards innocent people, the machine using my knowledge against my will...now I have control again..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 05:12:05 am
"...Sorry we took advantage of you. You seemed to me as if you were mindless past any repair."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 08:55:44 am
"It's alright...I'm just glad you weren't going to make me do such horrid things..." Alvari kneels down, putting his flamethrowers back.

"Their technology is intriguing. They seem to be experimenting with implementing the mind into their machines," says Hector.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 09:10:10 am
Make a big scene of clapping for Hector.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 09:21:54 am
He seems insulted by this. "It was an observation, you jerk! God, you're acting like this ISN'T a big deal! Think of the applications of this technology for a second. What do you think they'll be able to soon accomplish by combining the mind with the machine?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 09:33:03 am
"Sorry, but I'll be completely honest that the part where they can keep coming back to life and trying to kill us is a tad more surprising."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 09:43:35 am
"That too. I'm guessing their experience with brains is coming directly from their own population. They have volunteers willing to do it, as well as volunteers forced to do it..."

"I find the concept of the Nest intriguing," says Zinn. "But it seems inefficient if all they're doing is just recycling a select set of special agents just one at a time. I wonder...can they duplicate their minds, with all of their knowledge and personality?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 10:02:30 am
"Crion fucks over the UMR, and the UMR fucks over the UMR. Must be a hard place to live... If they can duplicate minds into multiple bodies then we're REALLY in trouble. Remember that defeatist speech I made earlier? Multiply the feeling of despair by at least twenty."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 10:09:19 am
"That seems quite unlike you," says Dave from his web. "I mean, why despair when you can fight back?"

Lans reenters the room, running in, his tongue hanging out whilst he pants. "This is really fun!" He frolics around you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 10:14:03 am
"If they send a hundred people with rocket launchers for arms and knowledge of us, we can't fight back."

Pet Lans.
"Good boy."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 10:33:09 am
He rolls over, but then quickly realizes what he's doing and recomposes himself.

"Not a dog, I'm a soldier..." He morphs back, then looks up. "...I think you got the better one, bro!" he yells to David. David simply laughs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 10:56:20 am
"Aww... you were so cute. Can't you turn back? Please?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 11:01:18 am
"I'm still here for you!" says Dave, dangling from a web.

"...Alright," says Lans, morphing back into a wolf. "You've got quite the interesting scent, chicken."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 11:14:21 am
"To be is just sounds like somebody wants a belly rub!"

Start rubbing his belly, trying to get my feathers to tickle him as much as possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 11:35:34 am
He falls back, laughing and wiggling on the ground. You see Dave join in with his eight legs, and you have fun for quite a while.

"...Weird fleshlings," says Vanessa, retiring to a recharge station in the wall.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 12:03:20 pm
"I'm amazed how every single one of us manages to be completely insane."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 12:22:46 pm
"Maybe we haven't been able to handle these nanites, and the side effect was gradual insanity?" asks Sharon, mimicking a security camera.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 12:46:25 pm
"That would explain why Mellack is the only sensible one. He doesn't have a- Wait, I forgot to ask. Did you take the snake nanites?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 12:55:21 pm
"Not yet," says Mellack. "I was tweaking the machinery and watching you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 12:55:54 pm
"Now's as good a time as any, I guess. It hurts like hell, but totally worth it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 01:13:18 pm
Mellack loads up a syringe.

"It's hard to get patients to not panic when the nanite integration process burns like hell. I'll be on the receiving end this time."

Mellack injects himself, immediately falling to the floor, writhing. You notice his skin begin to break out in scales as his head adjusts, his legs beginning to fuse!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 01:22:05 pm
Kneel down next to him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Okay, yours is probably the most painful, but hang in there."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 01:28:32 pm
His eyes snap open, revealing his golden, slitted gaze. His head cracks, becoming serpentine in nature. Two large fangs pop out, and he hisses, a serpentine tongue in place.

"...It was painful. So, let's try it out..."

He slithers around, then opens his mouth wide. He pokes a fang, and releases a squirt of caustic dirty yellowish-brown fluid.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 01:50:45 pm
"Any way we can test how toxic that is?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 01:57:58 pm
It starts burning through the floor. Hector collects some in a sample jar.

"I'm glad that I'm not prone to that hissing thing when pronouncing the letter s, that would be stupid," says Mellack.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 02:23:08 pm
"Awww, it would have been funny, but wow, you recovered pretty quickly, probably because you don't have any other nanites for it to react with. Do we have any cloaking nanites or anything? Your form is very stealthy already, and one more injection can't hurt. What about thermal? Are you cold-blooded?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 02:25:01 pm
"I might be. Somebody test it out, please."

Mellack looks around.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 02:35:28 pm
Test it with my thermal, preparing to act like I've had it all along.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 02:41:31 pm
Mellack is invisible to you, your vision doesn't pick him up. Whether or not you notify him is still your decision.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 02:42:33 pm
"My thermal has you as cold. You NEED cloaking nanites."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 02:52:33 pm
"Alright," says Mellack. "Hector, if you would..."

Hector runs off.

"Let me try this," Mellack says right before unhinging his jaw.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 03:45:31 pm
"Holy shit, how far can you stretch that? Anybody want to test out whether he can eat somebody whole or not?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 03:52:02 pm
Everybody steps back, Lans pushes you forward.

"Well, you did suggest it," says Mellack. "If you're that curious, I guess I could try."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 03:54:05 pm
"I have a better idea."

Fly into another room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 04:03:43 pm
You fly into the medbay, Hector flinching as you fly through the door. "Careful! I have a sample of venom here, and I'm not through testing it, but even now I can tell this shit's caustic!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 04:08:31 pm
"Sorry, birds don't generally care about your convenience... I wonder if my droppings are different..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 04:13:31 pm
"Don't you dare," says Hector, looking over his shoulder as he runs the test.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 04:17:06 pm
"I'm going to do this outside. Don't judge me, it's FOR SCIENCE!"

Cloak, and fly outside, trying to find somebody driving a particularly shiny car.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 04:22:55 pm
Coincidentally, Sharon is currently a particularly shiny convertible right now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 04:29:26 pm
I would never, ever, EVER be forgiven for that. Look for a stranger.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 04:36:19 pm
You know all these people! Though you know that you're on bad terms with Verr, who is sitting at a table.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 04:50:28 pm
I meant fly outside the base. Do that, still cloaked.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 04:54:02 pm
You're quite sure the general populace would not be very understanding of a giant bird. You fly off towards the city, spotting a bunch of bystanders on the sidewalk below you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 05:09:19 pm
Doesn't my cloaking work when I'm in avian form?

Make a mess.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 05:11:33 pm
It still works.

Hey look! It IS different!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 05:19:03 pm
Wonder when I became such a complete asshole, then remember it was for science! After watching my victim's reaction, head back.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 05:26:54 pm
The guy looks around for some way to clean off, running into a store! You have a good laugh before flying back to the base.

Inside, you find David stuffing the messy gibs of the two black ops agents into Mellack's gaping mouth. You're surprised by his ability to hold them. Lans stands by, chewing on a gib of his own.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 05:35:05 pm
Walk in, take one look, and make a U-turn.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 05:38:43 pm
"Oh come on! You said I was cute!" you hear Lans shout behind you.

In the hallway outside, you see Luukner lounging against a wall, deep in thought.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 05:46:27 pm
Morph back to my normal Mandalorian form, leaning opposite to him.

"Thinking?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 05:51:02 pm
"Yes. Could you leave me to continue thinking in peace?" he asks, arrogantly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 05:58:22 pm
"Just trying to be nice, but whatever, I'll go talk to Verr and see if I can drill some sense into him."

Go find Verr.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 06:00:44 pm
You'd have to go back downstairs to do that, but then you'd have to brave Mellack's face-stuffing contest.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 06:04:29 pm
Try flying through with my eyes closed, aware that this will likely end catastrophically.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 06:06:43 pm
You fly through the room, crashing right into Verr. Verr gets up, angry.

"What the hell was that for? You plumb-fool chicken!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 06:37:24 pm
Get up, dusting myself off.

"Wanted to talk to you, but didn't want to watch their little contest. Tried flying with my eyes closed, and I'm pretty impressed that I actually hit the person I wanted to talk to, and not a wall or something."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 06:41:21 pm
"...We're still in the room, you know."

You hear Mellack gargling oddly behind you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 06:54:40 pm
"...I had my eyes closed..."

Find a room to go into that doesn't require me turning.

"Sensory nanites, eagle vision, and a giant snake gargling guts really isn't a good combination, you guys!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 06:57:24 pm
You hear Mellack's gargled response, and then a sickening swallow. You enter a door directly in front of you to find a small workshop area. Verr stands in one corner while you shut the door.

"What is it you wanted to talk about?" he asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 08:06:58 pm
"I think you're ignorant beyond belief, but I've been harsh to you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 08:08:32 pm
"......Go on..." Verr is still listening intently.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 08:32:29 pm
"...I suppose I'm sorry... Though I can neither understand nor tolerate your seething prejudice towards communism. Please explain why the Crionese system is any better."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 08:35:58 pm
"...Like, what do you mean better? You mean better as in we don't get our brains sucked out by our own government, or better as in a man can construct an empire from the ground up in Crion, and become rich by his own merits?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 08:53:39 pm
"Is Crion any better for shoving mind control devices onto the people of another country? What about those truly unfortunate in capitalism who fall to the bottom of the pile, despite their own efforts, and end up in a shelter, or a box? Communism means everyone is at least slightly higher than the bottom. Both systems are horribly flawed."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 09:06:44 pm
"...Where are you going with this, exactly? You're telling me I can't side with either one of them? Then who do I side with?" Verr's confused, as usual.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 09:44:26 pm
"This is why we don't get along well. You see everything in black and white, but you never notice the grey in-between. Crion and the UMR are both awful countries, committing awful atrocities. Why would you side with either of them? Patriotism is the cause of this war, and these atrocities, not a solution. Our group has no affiliation. We stand only for peace. The only reason we're fighting the UMR is because of the planned Hirst invasion which would drag a peaceful nation down to war. You can side with us, if you feel the need to side with anyone."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 09:54:20 pm
"...Alright...I don't believe I've ever thanked you for picking me up..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 10:15:02 pm
"It's fine. It kind of goes without saying. We wouldn't leave you there with a ruined base and nowhere to go. One more thing. Luukner. It's not just his nationality; you hate him personally. Tell me about it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 04, 2011, 10:18:32 pm
Verr looks about, then shrugs. "But...I thought you said earlier you didn't care about any of that and we had to set aside our differences?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 04, 2011, 10:43:13 pm
"It obviously didn't work, and I was mostly just saying that because you were in the wrong for breaking into his room. Hirst needs a team who'd trust each-other with their lives. I can't do anything about it if I don't know what I'm dealing with."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 08:21:51 am
"...Alright. Do you want the abridged version or the complete one?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 08:40:28 am
"Complete is probably best."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 08:49:08 am
Verr sighs, clacking his pincers.

"I was a recruit in the Crionese army. Yes, that was all well and good, but right around the time I got into my first battle...my entire crew got slaughtered. The UMR forces captured me, and took me out to this little shack in the middle of nowhere. They hooked me up to some malicious machine, shocking me as they each took turns with various weapons that pierced my shell and caused blood to pour out onto the floor. I was...so scared. But then he came up...that rat bastard with that crazed look in his eye...with a spiked club..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 09:06:59 am
"...I can't honestly picture the Luukner I know doing that. How long ago was this?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 09:22:02 am
"Several weeks ago...bastard let me go, too. He threw me down in the mud, told me to get my ass home before he finished the job..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 09:27:51 am
"If that's true, I can get why you'd hate him, but that can't get in the way, alright? He let you go, though. Do you think the others would have?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 09:30:25 am
"I was in the middle of a fucking desert! They wanted me to dry up and crumble into a dry carapace out there instead of just killing me!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 09:45:34 am
"...You DID say mud rather than sand... But... anyway... I'll have to talk to him about this later..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 09:52:39 am
"That's right you do! He's the reason I want to kill all them commie sons of bitches! It's his fault!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 09:58:20 am
"No more outbursts about 'commies.' I'll go talk to him now..."

Go back through the room with my eyes closed, walking with my hands in front of me this time.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 10:01:58 am
You sense that they've finished up their grizzly contest by now. Mellack lies wrapped up in a corner, dozing after his meal. Dave seems to be wrapping up Lans in webbing, and Sharon is currently a spider droid.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 10:07:08 am
Open my eyes, and go find Luukner again.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 10:12:51 am
You go up the stairs, finding Luukner still lounging against the wall.

"Back again? Do you actually have something to say this time, or are you just trying to bother me?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 10:19:04 am
"Luukner, cut the attitude. It really doesn't help considering what I want to ask you about. Tell me about your history with Verr."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 10:21:26 am
"History? What do you mean, exactly? He's been a part of this squad for the last few days, and now I guess we're working together?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 10:27:09 am
"When he broke into your apartment he said something about me not knowing what went on between you two before. You didn't deny it then."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 10:31:38 am
"...I beat the shit out of him. What the hell else do you want?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 10:33:55 am
"He gave me the details. I want to know if your stories are consistent."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 10:39:39 am
"Why the hell would you want to know that? I picked up this spiked bat I had spent several days working on, and then I went to town with him!" Luukner slams the wall for effect. "BAM! Like that!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 10:45:44 am
"...I meant more about the context, but that's what he said as well. What's got you so agitated, though? You were like this before I even asked you about that."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 10:50:20 am
"The Nest. I don't like that thing, not one bit. It goes completely against nature. I'm fine with nanites, machines powered by the mind, maybe even the mind control devices, but NOT ceasing to exist after being killed?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 10:54:24 am
"I know what you mean. The Nest is a step too far... Alex didn't seem mentally stable at all when I talked to him briefly."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 10:58:25 am
"Well, did you talk with any of the others briefly? The first one we got didn't seem unstable at all. Although I'm not sure how many times he's been revived."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 11:02:00 am
"Certainly enough for him to be sick of it. But... can you do me a favour? I don't expect you to do it now, and I won't tell Verr I asked you to do it, but can you apologise to him sometime? We all need to be able to get along if we're going to survive."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 11:07:15 am
"I guess I'll try, if he ever opens himself up enough to talk with me." Luukner picks at something stuck in his teeth.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 11:36:20 am
"He's shaken about the whole incident. I can understand why you'd do it. You were one of many, and that kind of peer pressure, combined with propaganda can't be easy on a person. Try talking to him first. You can do it when you're ready, but preferably before that fucking nest churns the soldiers back out."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 11:45:21 am
"Alright," sighs Luukner, lighting a cigarette.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 11:49:38 am
Decide not to chastise him for smoking, since he's making things way easier for me.

"Thanks, Luukner, it means a lot."

Head back into the main room, sitting down.

"Sharon, try a... robotic cactus with legs."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 11:54:45 am
"I don't see why not."

You get your bizarre wish, a prickly metallic cactus with four spider-like legs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 12:13:53 pm
"Okay, try a half-bear, half-shark with guns for legs and blades for fins."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 12:17:54 pm
"Hold on, this is getting confusing..."

Sharon flops about chomping while on the floor.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 12:49:12 pm
"Wait, no. Try a giant slinky!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 12:52:20 pm
You have the largest slinky that anyone has ever seen. It is larger than a man...

Everybody seems to be watching you by this point.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 02:02:37 pm
"...We need a giant staircase... NOW!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 02:05:36 pm
"This seems awfully silly," says Vanessa from the wall.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 02:10:13 pm
"Aww. Don't be such a killjoy. Fine, back to working on our defences. Are there any other useful machines we could implant brains into? There are still two left."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 02:33:48 pm
"Not that I know of," says Mellack. "However, I believe that David may be able to work out how to rewire the incomplete computer systems to form a nice security net, it also seems to require brainpower."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 02:38:39 pm
"Dave, do you think you can manage that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 02:46:17 pm
"Well, after Mellack kindly took care of the robot work for me, I guess, but right now I'm having fun!"

You hear Lans's muffled speech from under the coat of webbing he's in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 02:48:44 pm
"Only you two can manage to make me feel normal! Alright, what else is there that needs doing?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 02:56:03 pm
"Has anyone found somewhere we can sleep?" asks Zinn, yawning. "I just remembered we'd rented out those apartments, and I've been feeling tired lately."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 02:57:41 pm
"They're most likely to attack at night, and the mechs can't go anywhere."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 03:04:37 pm
"Well, I'll set up security, and we put Vanessa and...um, Velocity-2 on patrol, along with Sparky," says Dave.

"Alvari!" you hear not-Sparky shout.

"Right."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 03:15:10 pm
"I'll happily stay here. I can find somewhere to sleep."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 03:24:19 pm
"Alright, I'll go back to the apartments," says Zinn.
"Me too, I guess..." Niwo follows.

Also leaving are Hector, Verr, and Alvari until Mellack stops him.

"Alvari, you can't be seen in public. You need to stay here."

Alvari sulks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 03:25:38 pm
"Sorry, Alvari, but the apartments are in the middle of the city. Massive brain-powered spider-droids with flamethrowers aren't a common sight."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 03:33:26 pm
Alvari can only drag himself over to the power station and plug himself in. He purrs slightly in delight upon powering himself up, though.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 04:01:22 pm
"Alright, where do we sleep?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 04:04:51 pm
Dave makes himself comfortable in his web, Mellack curls up in a corner, Lans curls up in another corner, and Sharon turns into a droid and plugs into the wall.

There's a nice metal beam near the ceiling that a bird might enjoy resting on.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 04:07:40 pm
Try sleeping like a bat, then fall down and decide to sleep right-side-up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 04:10:49 pm
You're quite comfortable like this. You doze off easily.

Challenges await you. Are you comfortable with your current abilities, or do you wish to exchange them for new ones? After your work today, I might even let you have a third...
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 04:24:41 pm
I like the abilities you've already given me, but I'd be more than happy with a third. Is it possible that you could tell me of any other agents in my squad, though? It's kind of odd when you don't tell us these things, and makes it very difficult to understand things entirely. Also, it adds to the list of people I can expose my teleportation ability to.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 04:27:00 pm
There are no other agents in your squad currently, although there are a few others working in Crion and the UMR. That's it. So, your third ability? I'm listening to requests.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 04:41:56 pm
May I have the ability to make people think things are there that aren't? Powers of illusion? It would be very helpful for diverting enemy fire to non-existent threats, and it can't be noticed by my team.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 04:43:39 pm
Illusory powers? Well, you've handled yourself well enough. I guess I can oblige.

You hear a snap, waking up. It's morning, you think. The droids are moving about.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 04:52:31 pm
Try out my new powers on myself, making myself see one of the droids as a human.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 04:55:05 pm
Interestingly, it works, and you are now looking at Alvari as you imagined him. He's yellowish orange in color, with purple eyes.

"Good morning," he says to you, in an unsynthesized voice.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 04:59:15 pm
"Morning. What do you make of this? These people are... rather crazy."

See if my power works on robots, by trying to make him see a note in my hand, titled "Secret UMR Plans" in big red letters, the rest of the text in gibberish.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 05:02:07 pm
His vision is robotic, but you think you can change the mind's perception.

"...Where did you get those?" he asks, curious.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 05:21:58 pm
"On the floor in that room the mechs were kept in. I think somebody lost it."

Stuff it into my pocket, and drop the illusion.

"So how are you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 05:40:23 pm
Alvari reappears as a droid.

"I'm disappointed how this all turned out for me. I didn't want this..."

Vanessa comes up behind him. "Well, why not? Being a machine is better than being a living, breathing fleshling. There is no need for food, or sleep, or emotion. Only logic and reasoning."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 06:20:59 pm
"It's a matter of opinion. As much as I'd love those weapons of yours, I really wouldn't want to be a robot."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 06:27:06 pm
"I guess you would have to experience it to understand." Vanessa heads off.

You're beginning to question her state of mind, actually. You have no idea who she is besides knowing her name.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 05, 2011, 06:38:21 pm
"So... Alvari, you're Mandalorian? Sounds like a Mandalorian name. Believe it or not I wasn't born as one."

Turn from bird to Mandalorian, then from Mandalorian to human.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 05, 2011, 06:41:36 pm
"I understand the bird Mandalorian part, but I wasn't here for that other transition. You seem to be reckless with experimental nanites, it seems. You're...less tall than I expected you to be, I guess. I didn't expect you to be human."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 07, 2011, 04:47:03 pm
"These were my first nanites, and Sharon's, too. We were going to use these to change our armour and infiltrate a UMR base, but we deserted before then."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 07, 2011, 04:50:08 pm
"An interesting situation. I don't suppose you know why Vanessa came and painted red stripes on me?"

Alvari turns around to reveal a red stripe painted on his abdomen.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 09, 2011, 11:48:35 am
"I'm afraid I don't have the foggiest idea."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 09, 2011, 11:51:46 am
"It was so the fleshlings could properly identify you. I wouldn't want their simple minds confusing you with me." Vanessa walks by, carrying various metal parts.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 11, 2011, 03:50:50 pm
Simple minds, eh?

Have Vanessa see a large number of rats scurrying past her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 11, 2011, 04:53:02 pm
Oddly, you don't see Vanessa react at all. She continues out the door, to some other part of the workshop.

"Well, excuse me while I go fulfill this urge I have...I need to burn something..." You see Alvari's flamethrowers pop out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 11, 2011, 05:39:26 pm
"...Where do you plan on doing that..?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 11, 2011, 06:17:09 pm
"I'm not quite sure. Here? The people in this building seem used to talking military androids."

Alvari walks upstairs. You note that Dave is still sleeping in the corner, as is Mellack. Lans has wandered off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 11, 2011, 07:00:09 pm
"Just don't burn the place down and it's cool."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 11, 2011, 07:07:37 pm
"Got it!" Alvari yells from upstairs.

Lans steps out of the lab area, walking on all fours. He's as furry as ever.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 11, 2011, 07:22:10 pm
"Morning, Lans. Need me to let you out for you to do your business?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 11, 2011, 07:26:37 pm
Lans only looks at you, tilting his head innocently, whining a little. His tail wags as he pants.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 11, 2011, 07:40:26 pm
"Oh, fine. Do you want a walk? Walkies?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 11, 2011, 07:44:12 pm
Lans seems extremely canine, actually. Even more so than last night. He only barks in response, clearly happy, jumping on you and sniffing you up and down.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 11, 2011, 07:56:29 pm
"Uhh... Lans? You're a person, remember?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 11, 2011, 07:58:44 pm
He licks your face, which is probably his way of saying "no."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 13, 2011, 03:41:00 pm
"...Well, they were experimental for a reason..."

Dave, you awake?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 13, 2011, 03:48:29 pm
It's a shame, isn't it? He'll get back to normal eventually.

Lans starts whining, running around.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 13, 2011, 04:00:47 pm
Oh, good. I was worried about breaking the news to you. Until then, I guess I'll keep him happy so he doesn't run away.

Begin rubbing his belly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 13, 2011, 04:04:41 pm
Lans wiggles around as you do so. You rather like this dog thing, but it puts you down a soldier.

Mellack yawns, his huge fangs revealing themselves in his gaping maw.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 14, 2011, 11:42:34 am
Grumble that Lans was one of the better ones.

"Mellack, are you still Mandalorian?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 14, 2011, 11:47:20 am
"I'm a serpent right now, but mentally you could say that." Mellack unwinds, slowly slithering over to you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 14, 2011, 11:59:11 am
"Different story with Lans and his humanity. SIT!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 14, 2011, 12:01:57 pm
Lans immediately sits down.

"This seems like a problem," says Mellack.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 14, 2011, 12:30:21 pm
"Don't get me wrong, he's adorable, but I'm just not sure he'll be useful in any operation that requires subtlety. May as well try this, though. Lans, cloak."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 14, 2011, 12:31:58 pm
Lans tilts his head, disappearing.

"Well, at least he's loyal and listens to you. I mean, at least he isn't a rogue element."

You hear Lans growling.

"Don't growl at me, dog. I'll have to reset the nanites manually if we want to fix him."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 14, 2011, 05:13:11 pm
"...I think he's happier like this, though... Who wouldn't be? I mean, he doesn't have to worry about saving the world, just being good and getting his belly rubbed."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 15, 2011, 10:12:15 am
"Well, he's my buddy!" says Dave. "How about we ask him about it before we decide to leave him like this?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 15, 2011, 10:34:18 am
"Obviously his human side will say he prefers being human, but regardless: Is it hard to reset the nanites?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 15, 2011, 10:40:48 am
"Well, we're going to have to perform a medium-length procedure. It's not hard, just long. We're going to have to take a blood sample, and then isolate the nanite we want before applying an electrical signal to turn them all off." Mellack changes back, cracking his joints.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 15, 2011, 10:58:51 am
"Dave, you're closest to him, and Mellack, you're the expert. The decisions are up to you."

Try to turn into a massive raven, and fly off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 15, 2011, 11:03:26 am
You turn into a large raven and hit the ceiling.

"Good job, birdbrain!" says Dave.

Lans barks cheerfully.

"Lans, follow me." Mellack starts walking off, Lans dutifully following.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 15, 2011, 11:21:29 am
"Go eat your husband or something."

Waddle off.

Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 15, 2011, 11:29:17 am
You walk up the stairs into the fishery, seeing Velocity-2 walking around, twitchy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 15, 2011, 04:31:17 pm
"How're you coping, Velocity-2?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 15, 2011, 04:35:45 pm
"...I like Vanessa..." Velocity-2 says, with little expression. He walks off downstairs.

Well, perhaps you could check up on the others back in the apartment block.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 15, 2011, 05:03:02 pm
Turn Mandalorian, and swim out, then turn into a perfectly normal crow, and fly to the apartment block.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 15, 2011, 05:09:37 pm
You're still getting used to the difference in joints between your bird and human forms. Nevertheless, you fly to the apartment block, landing outside an open window to one of the rooms. You see Sharon and Zinn sitting inside the apartment, Niwo sleeping.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 18, 2011, 12:26:03 pm
Have Zinn see Alex uncloak behind Sharon.

Decide that's way too cruel, and caw, pecking on the window.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 18, 2011, 12:28:28 pm
They look over, but think little of it. They resume talking, ignoring the perfectly ordinary crow outside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 18, 2011, 03:56:05 pm
Turn into a pigeon when they aren't looking, and resume.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 18, 2011, 04:00:11 pm
Sharon stands up quickly, opening the window for you. She holds out a few fingers for you to perch on, giggling.

"Well, that's a new trick!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 18, 2011, 05:34:37 pm
Any requests?

Turn into a fluffy duckling.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 18, 2011, 05:39:41 pm
You seem to have avians down with this borderline-magic technology. Sharon responds by turning into a robotic duckling.

"Well, it's good to see that you're taking the threat of a sudden assassination attempt well," says Zinn dryly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 18, 2011, 06:15:34 pm
Waddle over to him as adorably as I can muster.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 18, 2011, 06:22:07 pm
His collected manner is hardly fazed, but he does pet you a little. "Did anything happen overnight that I should know about?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 18, 2011, 06:44:17 pm
"Well, Lans has developed the personality of a well-trained pet dog, but Mellack is resetting his nanites."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 18, 2011, 06:47:23 pm
"This is why I didn't take any. We're taking nanites that are still in development for all we know. How can you be sure the same thing won't happen to you? Or Dave? Or Mellack?"

Niwo yawns.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 18, 2011, 07:17:14 pm
"We need all the edge we can get. We need to take risks, because our enemy certainly does."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 18, 2011, 07:19:37 pm
"Keep in mind how many of us there are, and how many enemies we have," says Zinn. "It's because there's only a limited number of us an an undisclosed amount of them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 18, 2011, 07:42:58 pm
"Exactly, though while our chances of survival are slim, but not impossible. We just have to do the best we can and hope it's enough."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 18, 2011, 07:48:01 pm
"...Shall I round up the others? That lab seemed quite extensively-developed. There must be a lot more rooms we haven't looked in yet." Zinn stands up, picking your adorable ducky body carefully.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 18, 2011, 08:04:53 pm
"It's massive. Get the others back there so that we can search it better. Now, if you don't mind..."

Hop out of his hand, becoming a falcon. Fly out the window, and fly up high, before seeing if their diving speeds are quite as fast as people claim.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 18, 2011, 08:09:06 pm
Zinn is surprised as you do so. You dive, wind rushing past your streamlined body as you move at quite a fast speed, pulling out and flying low along the ground. You can't tell how fast you went, but you are quite sure it was fast.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 18, 2011, 08:21:24 pm
Go back to the base, and find Mellack. Try becoming an ostrich.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 18, 2011, 08:25:02 pm
It's a stretch, but now you're a large, powerful, flightless bird. Mellack has Lans strapped to a table, and is looking under a microscope.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 21, 2011, 06:59:31 am
See if I can turn my ostrich wings into four Mandalorian arms with human hands.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 21, 2011, 10:52:01 am
You are now a work of abstract art. Congratulations.

Mellack does not take notice.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 21, 2011, 07:07:50 pm
Turn my head into that of a raven's, and turn all my feather's black, sprouting them from my bald areas.

Go see if I can hold and use a gun.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 21, 2011, 07:09:50 pm
Mellack turns around to see you holding and aiming a gun. He seems quite surprised, actually.

"I...what are you doing?" he asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 21, 2011, 07:34:12 pm
"Being a human-mandalorian-raven-ostrich with a GUN. How's Lans?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 21, 2011, 07:36:43 pm
Mellack returns his attention to the microscope. Lans's doggy legs twitch as he grumbles about something in his sedated state.

"I've identified the nanite in question. All I have to do is set this administrative signaler to its frequency to give the nanites the command to turn off, hopefully returning man's best friend to...well, just man again."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 21, 2011, 08:00:47 pm
"So does that mean he won't be able to transform anymore? Do we have any more of the nanites in case he wants to stay like that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 21, 2011, 08:05:06 pm
"No, that will just turn them off for a few minutes. He can choose to activate them again if he feels like it."

Mellack tunes the scanner, running it over Lans's body. Slowly, the fur begins receding, the peachy color of Lans's skin returning, the physiology changing. Soon, Lans is back to normal, sleeping.

"It's done," says Mellack with a sigh.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 21, 2011, 08:24:57 pm
Pat him on the back.

"Good work, Mellack. Don't know how we'd get by without you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 21, 2011, 08:28:21 pm
"Let's just wait for him to wake up, then we'll see if it really worked."

Mellack starts working on something else while you notice Vanessa walking around. This time she isn't painted with a stripe, but she's obviously looking for something.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 21, 2011, 08:47:32 pm
"What're you looking for, Vanessa?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 21, 2011, 08:56:49 pm
"A special tool with which to properly solder machinery to flesh," she says.

You don't know what's she's been doing for the past 12 hours.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 07:39:17 am
"...Uh... Are you in the middle of some kind of project?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 07:49:53 am
Vanessa nods her head. "Yes sir, I am in the middle of a project. Please do not interfere, as it is key this is done properly and with precision."

Vanessa grabs a welding device from a tool rack and heads off through a door in the back of the room.

"Augmentation? This doesn't make me feel comfortable. You might want to check out what she's doing..." Mellack grabs his pistol.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 07:57:15 am
"I've got this."

Turn into a crow, cloak, and go see what on Mandaloria she's up to.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 08:00:14 am
You turn into a crow, and are quite invisible, but you immediately realize that you cannot open the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 08:07:43 am
Realise she'll know if I open it while cloaked, and fly outside of the base, seeing if there's any kind of vent or window I can get in through.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 08:11:16 am
The laboratory part of the base is mostly underground. You won't be able to infiltrate it from outside. However, the ventilation system could offer you some passage through. There's a vent nearby.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 08:20:18 am
Get into a vent, and try to find the room, hoping like hell that I don't fall into a fan or something.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 08:47:25 am
You forget to duck and get chopped up by the fan above you fucking Half-Life You make it down safely. You are behind a vent looking into a room. There are various tables, half-built spider drones lying on them. Vanessa walks up to one, plugging aUSB device into the back of its head, connecting herself.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 06:35:22 pm
Breathe a sigh of relief that the architects of Hirst didn't get their ideas from the worst elements of Valve's level design, and see what happens next.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 06:41:03 pm
After a few minutes, the USB device is disconnected. Vanessa steps back, the drone on the table getting up.

"Hello, Administrator," it says in Vanessa's voice. "The complete file copy was a success."

"Good," says the real Vanessa, with the golden stripe painted on her abdomen. "Help with the assembly process. We have enough subjects to continue our current augmentation schedules."

The drone nods, then walks off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 07:01:11 pm
"What are you planning on doing with these, Vanessa?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 07:04:03 pm
You don't think she hears you over the roar of the fan. Instead she carries on constructing the other drones on the table.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 07:22:12 pm
Return to Mellack.

"She's constructing more robots, copying her own files to them, and setting herself up as their administrator."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 07:25:04 pm
"The fuck!?" Mellack flips out. "What is she doing!? How many are there!? Do you know anything else!?" Mellack takes the safety off of his pistol and starts looking around for an assault rifle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 07:41:50 pm
"She's working on her second one. I'm guessing by your reaction that this is a telltale sign of attempting a robot uprising. She IS kind of prejudiced against organics."

Turn into a my usual five-fingered Manalorian, but half avian.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 07:47:03 pm
It is done. You are once again a bird-human-crab abomination.

"I just don't understand...why would she want to do this?" Mellack grabs and loads his rifle. "Go get the others. Tell them, now!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 07:58:24 pm
"WAIT, HOLY SHIT. I SAW HER AT SEVERAL DIFFERENT TIMES WITH SEVERAL DIFFERENT PAINT JOBS!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 08:01:27 pm
"IT'S WORSE THAN WE THOUGHT!!!"

Mellack runs over to Lans and starts slapping him to little avail

"WHERE'S DAVE!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 08:22:03 pm
"WHAT SHE SAID IMPLIES SHE'S MASS PRODUCING THEM!"

EVERYONE GET TO THE BASE! VANESSA BUILT LOTS OF COPIES OF HERSELF AND SHE WANTS TO TAKE OVER THE FUCKING WORLD! REPEAT, VANESSA IS MASS PRODUCING CLONES OF HERSELF FOR A GODDAMN ROBOT UPRISING!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 08:25:23 pm
WHATWHATWHAT!?

The door opens, a Vanessa robot with its guns revved up stands behind it!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 08:39:49 pm
WE'RE UNDER ATTACK! GET HERE NOW! DAVE? ARE YOU ALIVE?

Cloak, and open fire, teleporting around whenever she's onto my position.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 08:42:30 pm
No response.

The droid eventually falls down, shutting off. This beats the easier solution of teleporting behind her and hacking in.

"Wha?" Lans slowly gets up, undoggified.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 09:11:08 pm
I don't want to deactivate or reprogram it by hacking it in case Vanessa can just switch it back on and send me back to square one.

"Vanessa's turning our base into the centre of a world robot uprising, and I can't contact Dave!"

Run into the room and find some means to destroy the robot parts inside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 09:14:40 pm
You run directly into the room, only to be met with a volley of gunfire! You dive back inside, more spider drones descending from the dark complex of pipes and tubes above! HOW MANY ARE THERE!?

"Give up now, be assimilated," says one Vanessa.
"Just like your friend," says another.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 09:28:50 pm
WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE! BUT THEY'VE GOT DAVE! MELLACK, THERE ARE HUNDREDS JUST IN THERE! WE CAN'T FIGHT THEM!

Run out, slamming the door behind me, and running for the exit, pulling Lans with me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 09:36:51 pm
You pull Lans, who stumbles along behind you, still tired and confused.

"HOW COULD WE HAVE BEEN SO CARELESS!?" you hear Mellack yell.

As you cut through the laboratory you see a spider cyborg monstrosity in front of you.

Dave stands on his eight legs, four eyes red and glowing from the metal half of his augmented skull. Various wires run along his body, metal replacing various regions, a rocket launcher in place of one of his arms.

"Give in...will you do it for me? I'm your buddy!" says Dave, his voice synthesized.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 23, 2011, 06:02:36 am
"DAISY, DAISY, GIVE ME YOUR ANSWER, DO!"

Teleport behind him, not even bothering hiding it, and smack him as hard as I can in the back, quickly trying to hack him to at least deactivate him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 23, 2011, 08:36:31 am
The armor plate easily falls off, revealing his normal spider skin underneath. You guess the robots were still looking for the right tool to properly augment him.

"...AUGH, I'M A MANGLED MONSTER! Oh, wait, this rocket launcher just fits over my arm." Dave lets it clatter to the ground, ceaselessly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 23, 2011, 07:47:03 pm
"As happy as I am to see you're not a borg, you're a dick, Dave. But quick, let's go!"

Keep escaping.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 23, 2011, 07:50:09 pm
You run up to the entrance to the dungeon, finding it to be welded shut!

"THEY LOCKED US IN!" yells Mellack.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 23, 2011, 08:03:08 pm
"But did they weld the hinges to the walls? Dave, help me out here. Three, two, ONE!"

Try kicking it off its hinges.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 23, 2011, 08:10:10 pm
You both kick, knocking the door open with combined superstrength.

Standing on the other side is a semicircle of Vanessa robots. They all have tasers aimed at you.

"Give up, now. Seriously, this is completely hopeless," says one.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 23, 2011, 08:35:43 pm
"If I'm honest, our entire mission is hopeless, but that's never stopped us!"

Cloak and teleport behind one, hacking it to taze another, then hacking another one to taze a different one.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 23, 2011, 08:40:55 pm
You hack the first two and get them to taze each other, your party takes down the rest, Mellack receiving a paralyzing shock for his troubles, but safe from the robots for the time being.

"We can't just run away from this, can we?" asks Lans. "If we run now, we'll be leaving the city to the hands of these things...and what if they can somehow connect Crion to it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 23, 2011, 08:58:19 pm
"What if we find and hack the original Vanessa? Will we control all of them? There are way too many of them to fight conventionally! We can't do much without the others, though. Sharon might be able to figure something out with her metalmorphing."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 23, 2011, 09:08:44 pm
"Alright, the 'original' Vanessa has set herself as the administrator, so if we successfully find and hack her, then any commands she gives will be followed by all of her lackey clones," says Lans. "But, how will we find the original?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 07:45:26 am
"That's where we have a problem... Wait, Mellack, where's the equipment needed to graft a rocket launcher to my arm?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 08:05:06 am
"Wait wait wait, this isn't a temporary thing, Velocity. Crafting that piece of metal to your arm will be disallowing you from using any of your nanites to change or conceal it! But it seems the model Dave had...that might work as a hand-operated device..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 08:40:56 am
Quickly move back, and find the rocket launcher.

"What do you think?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 08:50:42 am
Mellack checks it out.

"This is another version of the model. It seems this is fired by pulling back the firing mechanism inside..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 08:53:14 am
"Is it possible to do that without grafting it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 09:08:08 am
"The mechanism poole, grafted into the arm, normally, seems quite easy to hold with an added handle and grip. Trust me, I'm a doctor."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 03:15:21 pm
"What do you need to add the handle and grip?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 03:24:15 pm
Mellack chuckles. "Well, we'll need a PVC pipe and done rubber. Can you manage that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 03:37:36 pm
"I'm a soldier, not a home depot salesman!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 03:44:11 pm
"...We're going to have to go back in there. Where are the others?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 03:53:12 pm
Guys, haven't got any updates. Are you here yet? We got to the entrance, and Dave was just fucking around pretending to be a robot, but there are hundreds of mechs and counting in there. We can't leave it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 04:00:50 pm
"We're here."

Sharon and the crew have arrived, armored for battle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 07:21:33 pm
"Well, Sharon, your mechanical friend wants to take over the- Wait, using the robots was my idea. Stay quiet, Velocity. Alright, we don't have a plan against that many."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 07:29:31 pm
Verr and Zinn set down their bags, taking out assault rifles. "Here's a plan," says Luukner, stepping out. "We use these." He throws down a bag filled with concussion grenades.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 07:56:15 pm
"Room clearers, great! How many of them?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 07:59:45 pm
"I found about 30. Just don't waste them," says Luukner, pocketing three for himself.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 08:55:12 pm
"Gotcha."

Take three and pass it on.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 09:11:42 pm
Everybody takes a few tactical grenades. "Throw one of these in a room, their electronics will be disoriented for several seconds," says Luukner.

"Are we ready to tackle this bug problem?" asks Verr, taping two magazines together.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 09:23:24 pm
"Dave's annoying, Verr, but we really should be dealing with the robots first. Come on."

Turn into my previous ostrich-raven masterpiece for the sake of physical strength, and my team's reactions, before heading in, gun raised.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 09:26:45 pm
"...The fuck's that supposed to help?" asks Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 10:03:21 pm
"Want to arm wrestle one of my legs? I'm going to need to smash stuff here, and if you'll look at this with an open-mind it's actually really practical! I have the strength of an ostrich, and I can still shoot! Trust me on this one. Now let's go."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 10:07:27 pm
"When I think strength I don't think ostrich," grumbles Sharon as you reenter the basement.

Immediately you are confronted with three Vanessas! Two are spinning up their guns, one has a flamethrower attachment!

"Do not resist," one says in a more deadpan than usual robotic manner.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 10:30:11 pm
Teleport behind one with a gun, and OSTRICH-KICK it into the one with the flamethrower, teleporting behind the third one and hacking it to fire at the other two.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 10:35:47 pm
Your ostrichness is justified as you send one robot reeling into the other, the third quickly under your command!

"The fuck!?" shouts Lans.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 10:55:59 pm
"I know it's so shocking, but yeah, one of my crazy ideas actually worked. I'd damn fast like this, too! You probably blinked and missed me!"

Ash Sharon.
Are they buying it?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 10:58:11 pm
Why are you asking me?

"Stop messing around, we're here to kick robot ass!" shouts Verr, moving forward recklessly. You hear immediate sounds of gunfire in the next room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 26, 2011, 08:01:44 pm
Cloak and run after him.

Not sure. Also, forgot to mention the he was pretty pleased with me and gave me illusory powers. Aren't I great at timing?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 26, 2011, 08:07:47 pm
He gave me something else, too. But you'll find out later...oh, and play along.

You see Verr lying on the ground, bloodied. Three Vanessas behind strategic cover have their guns out.

You feel a gun at your back at your back.

"Fleshling, surrender yourself," says another Vanessa behind you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 26, 2011, 08:25:39 pm
THIS IS WHAT YOU MEANT TO PLAY ALONG TO, RIGHT? THAT'S YOU, RIGHT?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 26, 2011, 08:29:15 pm
"Move forward fleshling, or we won't even bother assimilating you."

You've got the rest of the party behind you. Would they really let something sneak up on you like this?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 26, 2011, 08:54:47 pm
This is MY party we're talking about. Look at Verr!

"...That's a MASSIVE amount of encouragement..."

Walk forward, letting Sharon do her crazy plan that any one of us could reach the same effect of with a grenade.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 26, 2011, 09:00:47 pm
"Robot...fuckers..."

Verr weakly throws a concussion grenade!

OH GOD, WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON YOU CAN'T SEE OR HEAR SHIT, YOU'RE GOING TO FALL FLAT ON YOUR FACE!

You fall flat on your face, ears ringing and eyes filled with light.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 26, 2011, 09:17:55 pm
HOW CAN AN OSTRICH FALL OVER? FUCKING VERR!

Go into a blind panic, and turn into a hummingbird to make myself a smaller target, just hoping I don't get stood n.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 26, 2011, 09:26:16 pm
You buzz around, noticing that all of the robots are sparking and twitching on the ground! Now's your chance!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 26, 2011, 09:40:54 pm
Return to my ostrich glory, and grab my guns before pummeling the robots, preferably not Sharon, though I'm not in much of a state to judge.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 26, 2011, 09:45:14 pm
You kick the robots' heads off, causing their bodies to flop around with no sensory input!

Wait, their processors must be in some place other than their heads. Perhaps the large abdomen area?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 27, 2011, 07:37:14 am
Hack each of them to power down, seeing if one of them happens to be the administrator.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 27, 2011, 11:34:58 am
You know that the real Vanessa has a gold stripe painted on her. None of these are it.

Verr has begun to drag himself out of the room, while Sharon's been able to reform herself. There's two doors in this room, the one leading to the medical room that Mellack set up, and one that leads into another hallway.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 27, 2011, 08:24:07 pm
"Med-bay. Leeroy here needs patching up."

Head carefully to the med-bay.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 27, 2011, 08:41:12 pm
You find nobody in the medbay, initially. You think it's safe to bring everyone in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 27, 2011, 08:44:05 pm
Engage thermal, and take a good look around the ceiling.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 27, 2011, 08:54:10 pm
You're pretty sure if any robots were up there, you wouldn't be able to distinguish the heat they give off from the network of pipes. Nevertheless, the rest of your team moves in, setting Verr on the table.

"I don't think there are as many robots as was first estimated," says Zinn. "It would be crazy if Vanessa could construct more than a dozen in the amount of time she had."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 27, 2011, 09:06:17 pm
"She's a robot, Zinn. She's obsessive by her very nature."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 27, 2011, 09:10:33 pm
"I'll take care of Verr. Should we split up to cover the base?" asks Mellack, getting out supplies.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 27, 2011, 09:25:19 pm
"I'll go with Sharon. My strength and her disguising should get us through pretty easily. Mellack, you stay here and treat Verr. Who wants to lead everyone else?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 27, 2011, 09:28:39 pm
Zinn steps forward. "I will."

Sharon morphs again. "Well, I'll take you down for your 'assimilation,' then. Move, fleshling."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 27, 2011, 10:18:35 pm
"I know you'll do well, Zinn. See you later."

Get moving.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 27, 2011, 10:29:41 pm
You move down several staircases, several rooms, a Vanessa or two along the way. Soon, you enter the main base. Half-completed Vanessa clones lying on tables, Vanessa clones helping construct them.

"Lie down on a table, fleshling. Prepare for assimilation," says Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 28, 2011, 09:01:40 am
Start feigning trying to lie down while still in ostrich form.

Do you actually know where you're going with this, or do I just lie down and hope you figure something out as we go along?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 28, 2011, 10:21:48 am
Just pull out your gun and start shooting. They're too busy tending to their work, they won't have time to react to a sudden attack.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 28, 2011, 07:09:26 pm
Attack from the right to left, I'll take the left to right.

Quickly teleport behind each of them, and kick off their heads, starting from the left.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 28, 2011, 07:30:15 pm
They're rendered helpless as you dispatch of two, Sharon taking out a third! Two more are in the room, but are quickly shut down with your hacking skills!

"Well, this is great. The real Vanessa shouldn't be too far away. We get to her, we can stop all of them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 28, 2011, 08:32:53 pm
"...What if... We take control of Vanessa, and use her to create our own small army?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 28, 2011, 08:41:41 pm
"...What are you suggesting? What would we do with it? Are you feeling okay?" asks Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 28, 2011, 08:58:12 pm
"Fine, just considering something crazy... Look at how much of a pain in the ass these are. Can those super-soldiers really take on us AND them?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 28, 2011, 09:03:44 pm
"You forget their computer specialist and electronic ghost, that old guy," Sharon says as she reverts back. "Come on, there's one more room."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 28, 2011, 09:21:53 pm
"You're right, that could go badly."

Swing open the door to the next room, quickly throw two grenades in different directions, and slam it, covering my ears.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 28, 2011, 09:27:20 pm
You're not sure if that did anything, but when you reopen the door, you see the true Vanessa standing before you.

"So you found me. Congratulations. Was it worth it? Because despite your violent behavior, the only thing you've managed to break so far is my heart. Maybe you could settle for that, and we'll just call it a day."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 29, 2011, 08:24:09 am
OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK.

"...We treated you like an equal, Vanessa, but clearly that wasn't good enough for you... I'll give you one last chance to stop production..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 29, 2011, 08:31:02 am
"I guess we both know that isn't going to happen. I have a surprise for you. Deploying surprise in five...four..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 29, 2011, 08:58:06 am
SHUT HER DOWN SHUT HER DOWN SHUT HER DOWN.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 29, 2011, 09:20:08 am
A banner unfolds behind her, reading "April Fool's" on it, confetti falling down and party noises being emitted from Vanessa's speakers. Sharon breaks out laughing at you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 29, 2011, 07:23:50 pm
: show
You actually had me speechless in-real-life at this. Truly, well played.


Stand perfectly still, twitching a little. Consider that a more tasteful April Fool's joke would be to dump her on the spot, but decide against it since she probably wouldn't take it all too well.

"...Oh... So I was tricked into thinking... that we'd caused the end of the world... that our lives were on the line... that Verr got shot... How... humourous..."

Walk out of the base, kicking down any closed doors in my way, but struggling not to rip everyone to shreds. Kick the first other team-mate I see laughing into a wall. When I leave the base, cloak and enter the city.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 29, 2011, 07:27:49 pm
Verr of course is reprising his role as the guy who got shot, so you deck him. He doesn't stop, though.

Wow, it looks like everyone got you.

You cloak, entering into the city streets. You don't have any real destination, you don't think, but maybe all you need to do is let off this sudden accumulation of steam resulting from being made a complete fool of by everyone you know. It IS April 1st, IT WAS just a joke in the end, but what if something went wrong? Somebody could have easily gotten seriously hurt! It's not funny! It's even more serious than your desertion!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 29, 2011, 08:10:27 pm
HEY, IN CASE YOU DUMBFUCKS FORGOT, WE SHOULD BE BUILDING UP DEFENSES FOR THE FUCKING INFINITE WAVE OF SUPER SOLDIERS COMING FOR US, AND YOU SORRY PIECES OF SHIT THINK IT'S FUNNY TO BUILD ROBOTS AND BLOW THEM UP? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? HOW THE FUCK DID ANY OF YOU GET INTO THE MILITARY WITH MENTAL HEALTH LIKE THAT? I WAS ACTUALLY STUPID ENOUGH TO CARE THAT YOU LOT WERE GOING TO BE KILLED, WHEN I SHOULD HAVE BEEN WELCOMING THE CLEANSING OF THE GENE POOL. I ACTUALLY THOUGHT WE WERE ALL GOING TO DIE. HILARIOUS. Every single one of you makes me ashamed to have called you team-mates...

Go find a pretty well-off chain of any kind.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 29, 2011, 08:14:58 pm
You come across the bar that you used to, and you guess, still work at. It might do, but that pudgy bartender annoys you.

After a long silence, Zinn comes on.

No, Velocity is right. We...shamed him. We shamed all of us. We had a good laugh, but this whole thing...might have been hurtful.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 29, 2011, 08:44:32 pm
Yeah, yeah, fool me once, Zinn. Not buying it. You think I'm stupid? Oh, yeah, and since we all have no sense of responsibility anymore, I'm thoroughly embracing it as I quit my job at the bar!

Make sure my black feathers are all on and that I'm ready for showtime. Chuck my last grenade into the bar, taking cover.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 29, 2011, 08:49:21 pm
There's a bright flash from within the bar, and screaming. You notice that passerby on the sidewalk are staring and pointing at you, pulling out cameras, phones, notifying people, notifying the news! NOTIFYING THE CRIONESE ARMY.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 29, 2011, 09:19:32 pm
I THOUGHT I WAS CLOAKED BUT FUCK THAT THE OTHERS CAN LEARN SOME RESPONSIBILITY WHEN WE'RE BEING SHOT AT. Besides, I'm an ostrich, it's not like the army could tell who I was. Uncloak, run in, knock some shit over, and run out.

Squawk:
"APRIL FOOLS!"

Cloak and teleport off, then cautiously go to the apartments.

Heading back for the apartments. Want to see this on the news. Just remember that I can do anything you do a lot worse.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 29, 2011, 09:21:58 pm
(Wait, shit.)

...Velocity, you did...what? No! Sharon seems horrified.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 29, 2011, 09:44:00 pm
(It's still not as bad as Eric.)

YOU BELIEVED ME! OH GOD YOU THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DO SOMETHING STUPID! I'M JUST CHILLING BY THE LAKE! HAHAHAHA-Nah, I'm lying, I did just cause some kind of scene. Would you prefer it was a cop-out? You'll just have to see for yourself on the news! It's probably live by now! Happy April Fool's day, everyone!

Get back to the apartments. Turn Mandalorian and uncloak somewhere hidden, then get to my room, put my feet up, and switch on the news.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 29, 2011, 09:50:45 pm
"-he war continues in the Western region of the neighboring parallel between the UMR and Crion forces. The UMR was recently pushed back by Crion armies after the battle that claimed Fort Good Hope. In other news, an elaborate April Fool's Day prank seems to have quite a few in a fluster. It has been reported that an odd bird that appeared to be a mix between an ostrich and a raven threw a military-grade flashbang into a local bar just minutes ago."

A few low-resolution pictures come up, but the whole thing isn't nearly good enough quality to confirm anything.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 30, 2011, 08:34:31 am
...A FLUSTER? Fuck that I'm going back out.

Turn into an inconspicuous looking crow, and fly to the roof of the bar.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 30, 2011, 08:40:15 am
You go back to the bar, perched atop a roof. There are authorities there, the fat bartender explaining what happened to them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 30, 2011, 08:42:38 am
Slowly transform from a small crow into a MASSIVE FUCKING TERRIFYING RAVEN THING.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 30, 2011, 08:52:24 am
People can't take a hint, they don't look up! Nobody is looking up!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 31, 2011, 03:33:53 pm
Give the world's lowdest caw.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 31, 2011, 03:45:49 pm
"Bloody fuck!" one yells. Several news crews point their cameras up at you, authorities yelling orders and Miranda rights at you with guns pointed. Suddenly, everything has changed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 31, 2011, 07:45:20 pm
Cloak, and teleport to a higher rooftop at the other side of the street, pausing before uncloaking again.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 31, 2011, 07:51:09 pm
The screams from below turn into confused panic as you reappear on another rooftop, it takes several moments before the police officers notice you and start firing their weapons! The news crews are getting it all on film!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 31, 2011, 08:08:09 pm
Decide that if they can link "giant teleporting raven" to "Crionese army" then they kind of deserve to catch us.

Fly off, disappearing in mid-air.

I think I'm done.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 31, 2011, 08:11:26 pm
Done what? Velocity, are you...OH MY GOD! YOU DIDN'T! Sharon practically screams over your connection. You hear everybody else's horrified responses, all of them extremely disapproving of what you just did.

Actually, you think you just got everyone in the group to dislike you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on August 31, 2011, 08:30:40 pm
Decide I'll be upset about that later, but that for now, I'm still bitter about that sick prank earlier.

Now, what have we learned today? Don't abuse my trust or I'll show you how much better you could have done it.

Return to Mandalorian form while hidden, and go back to my apartment again, sitting down to watch the news regardless of whether anybody else is in there.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 31, 2011, 08:33:37 pm
You get no responses.

The news is ablaze with sightings of the giant raven beast that just terrorized the citizens of Hirst. You guess this was better than that lame prank that you made earlier.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 11:47:20 am
Decide it isn't as bad as the prank earlier, but that they're reacting as if it was, so that's good enough. Lie down and watch the news until one of them feels like talking to me. Pay attention to the theories about the origin of the bird.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 11:50:34 am
They're blaming all over the place, so you think you're probably safe.

...I'll talk with you, I guess, says Niwo.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 12:04:41 pm
Talk to him privately.

Thanks, Niwo. You know, people like our group is why April First needs to be taken off the calender.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 12:07:43 pm
...I never wanted any of this to happen, he says, in an almost neutral tone.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 12:15:47 pm
Then congratulations, you're the only sane man in our team, coincidentally one with fewer nanites. I'll be brutally honest that I would have been tempted to pull that robot stunt on somebody else if I was offered, it doesn't soften the blow much, though.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 12:20:49 pm
Sharon told me you had an idea to build a robot army, responds Niwo.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 12:54:34 pm
...What else has she said about me? That's taken out of context to a ridiculous degree. When we almost reached Vanessa, I suggested that maybe we could reprogram her and use her army to defend the base, and maybe attack the Nest. Tell me what else she's saying.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 01:03:52 pm
She's mimicking your appearance and barking orders at everybody and being melodramatic. It's entertaining.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 01:37:02 pm
Carry on, then...

Turn into a falcon and fly back while cloaked. Find a way in without opening doors, and turn into a hummingbird, flying in to watch Sharon, still cloaked.

: show
I totally deserve this for most of DraconicQuest.

Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 01:52:58 pm
She's walking around performing exaggerated hand motions.

"OH! I KNOW WHAT! I'LL EXPOSE US TO THE NEWS! BIRDY BIRDY WHOOO!"

She turns into a robotic bird monster and screeches.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 02:35:31 pm
"OH I KNOW! I'LL CREATE AN ARMY OF ROBOTS FOR SHITS AND GIGGLES!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 02:38:38 pm
You let out a bunch of chirps, being a perfectly ordinary hummingbird. It hardly goes noticed, Sharon's psychotic episode growing more violent.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 03:02:30 pm
Turn Mandalorian, still cloaked.

"Not only is your acting shit, but the words themselves are pretty inaccurate and hypocritical. The whole robot army thing was way more likely to expose us then a giant teleporting bird."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 03:05:53 pm
"What do you mean!? Where are you!?" Sharon looks around.

"Wait, teleporting? Huh?" asks Mellack, sitting nearby.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 03:13:52 pm
"Sharon, calm the fuck down, seriously. You're acting like a psychopath. And, yeah, Zinn. Possibly some sort of side effect from the nanites, or maybe it's a feature of the avian ones."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 03:20:00 pm
"I'm over here!" says Zinn. "I didn't say anything, Mellack did!"

Sharon breathes for a while, then speaks again. "Well, we planned ours out, Velocity. There was no real danger, it was just robots! Robots that weren't really going to take over the world! We were all in on it, we wanted to fool you because you were group leader!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 05:11:49 pm
"So you're allowed to make me think we're all going to die, yet I can't disrupt local commerce while attracting tourism?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 05:20:15 pm
"You exposed yourself to the public, there's no telling what they would have done if they'd actually caught you!"

I mean, it's not like you'd tell everyone we're really astral energy beings!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 05:28:29 pm
"How the fuck are they going to catch a massive raven teleporting around the rooftops?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 05:33:37 pm
"...Just don't do it again!" Sharon retires to her room.

"I think she's overreacting," says Mellack, "but she's kind of right about our responsibility, as are you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 06:49:14 pm
"To be honest it's more the betrayal of trust that annoys me then anything else with the robot thi- Oh fuck it! Life's too short."

Walk to Sharon's door, and knock, in human form for once.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 06:54:08 pm
Sharon opens her door only a crack, frowning.

"What do you want?" she asks, pouting.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 02, 2011, 11:39:02 am
Take a deep breath, and be the better person no matter how much it pains me.

"Maybe my prank was a petty risk..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 02, 2011, 11:59:48 am
She smiles a little, then opens the door.

"Come inside, I have something I want to show you."

And I want to have a conversation related to our status as energy beings.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 02, 2011, 12:10:35 pm
"Alright."

Walk in.

The Grand One is totally pissed about our pranks, isn't he?

Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 02, 2011, 12:15:47 pm
He's displeased, he thinks we should be more focused on accomplishing what we were sent here to do, prevent extra casualties in this war by keeping Hirst safe and out of the conflict. Oh, and I wanted to show you what I could do.

Sharon closes and locks the door, standing at the foot of her bed. Then, she falls back, except she's still standing at the foot of the bed...

There are two Sharons now. They both laugh.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 02, 2011, 12:31:49 pm
Awesome! You can turn one of you into a mech or something and act like Vanessa built it!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 02, 2011, 12:36:35 pm
Wait, why? What kind? they both think.

Meanwhile, another Sharon steps out of the already standing Sharon, for a total of three. "Three's the best I can do right now, but I bet I could do more with practice..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 02, 2011, 08:06:01 pm
"Why didn't I think of this? This is awesome... Well, if you turn two of you into robots, you can have three of yourself out without looking funny."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 02, 2011, 08:08:04 pm
This was a requested power from The Grand One. He obliged, kindly.

Two of the Sharons turn into spider droids. "We'll still have an abundance of these on hand after that stunt, you know."

"And we'll have a lot of fun with it," says Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 03, 2011, 07:13:15 pm
"Next time trick Mellack or something, he's the smart one, so it's funnier!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 03, 2011, 08:53:13 pm
Sharon merges into one person again. I'm fortunate The Grand One let me have this.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 04, 2011, 05:58:42 pm
Make her see the Grand one behind me, making him speak.

"Beats the fuck out of illusion... or does it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 04, 2011, 06:08:36 pm
Oddly, nothing happens. You know full-well The Grand One loathes others using his extremely vague image for their own silly purposes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 04, 2011, 06:29:14 pm
Try making an even more vague imitation.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 04, 2011, 06:34:38 pm
Sharon laughs at your vague imitation of a floating ball of light with a cheesy voice. "The Grand One didn't let you get away with what you originally intended, did he?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 04, 2011, 06:43:43 pm
"Who calls himself the Grand One and yet doesn't want his likeness all over the place? I don't get it!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 04, 2011, 06:46:32 pm
"It's not that he doesn't want his likeness all over the place, it's just that he doesn't want others using it."

You hear a knock on the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 05, 2011, 04:16:00 pm
"Come on in!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 05, 2011, 04:17:52 pm
Alvari opens up, and then comes over and hugs you without saying anything. Sharon seems amused by this.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 05, 2011, 04:29:23 pm
Hesitate for a moment, and then hug him back.

"...That's four, then, Sharon..?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 05, 2011, 04:33:09 pm
"No, that's Alvari," says Sharon.

"I thought you needed a hug, it seemed appropriate for this moment since you felt upset earlier," says Alvari.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 05, 2011, 04:53:34 pm
Pat him on the back.

"...It's okay, thanks, Alvari..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 05, 2011, 04:56:32 pm
"Question: Have you seen the one that you refer to as Velocity-2? Asks Alvari as he heads for the doorway.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 05, 2011, 05:13:27 pm
"Saw him earlier today, but not since. Maybe he's starting a robot uprising or something."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 05, 2011, 05:18:01 pm
"I doubt it, Vanessa's outside right now, disassembling any wandering duplicates," says Alvari. "But it's creepy to see how calm they are...they just stand there while she tears them apart bit by bit..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 05, 2011, 05:22:54 pm
"Wait, did the robots used in that prank have real brains in them?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 05, 2011, 05:28:23 pm
"They did not," says Alvari. "The process Vanessa used was good for her plan, but is generally unwise should you want your robot to be more flexible in its programming. You see, she only copied a single set of instructions, which would have to be changed afterward should she want them to do something else. Meanwhile, we can think for ourselves. The robots are just extremely rigid."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 05, 2011, 06:35:20 pm
Sigh with relief.

"Well, then they're more like computers then anything else then, right? You're conscious, but you have a brain. Are they conscious, or are their actions just code with nothing else behind it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 05, 2011, 06:39:46 pm
"You can't copy consciousness, now can you? Consciousness isn't a thing you can just divide up and distribute!"

Sharon coughs.

"But yes, they were just coded. Besides following a rigid set of instructions they wouldn't be able to do much else."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 05, 2011, 07:16:30 pm
"...Forgive this question, but are you conscious, or simply a brain turned into a computer that seems intelligent..?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 05, 2011, 07:23:22 pm
Alvari tilts his head. "I cannot be sure, but I certainly hope I'm conscious! I mean, my brain's still alive and preserved in this tank, right? I feel emotions, and can think for myself, certainly more than Vanessa seems to."

You hear a shout from outside, it seems Mellack and the others are startled by something.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 05, 2011, 07:45:24 pm
"I guess that's enough. Let's see what has their panties in a knot."

Go find them in ostravalorian form, trusting them not to pull a second prank after that.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 05, 2011, 08:00:45 pm
THIS IS NO PRANK.

In the middle of the room stands a creature of flesh and steel, the line between organism and machine blurred by the thing before you! A glowing blue eye looks at you, along with a regular blue eye, the thing that used to be man now augmented with electronics in his skull, wires in his bones. On his arm is what appears to be a minigun. Hiss other hand has metal claws. Both his legs have been extensively modified for speed, the "knees" facing backwards. His jaw is partly metallic.

"Oh, oh," it says in a frantic, familiar synthesized voice. "It's Velocity-1. Hello!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 07, 2011, 02:01:39 pm
"...Uh... Hi..? You're not going to... attack us, right..?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 07, 2011, 02:09:55 pm
He appears to frown. "Why does everyone think that? Why are you all afraid of me!? Don't you recognize me!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 07, 2011, 02:26:54 pm
"It's okay, we recognise you. I was just checking."

Turn to the others.

"He's not going to hurt us, guys, seriously."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 07, 2011, 02:41:35 pm
"I'm just wondering what happened to him!" shouts Dave.

Everybody is startled when Velocity-2 accidentally discharges a laser from his eye.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 07, 2011, 03:11:21 pm
"HOLY SHIT! Careful, man. What happened to you, anyway?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 07, 2011, 03:21:31 pm
"Vanessa made me all better!" he says with glee, twirling about on one robotic leg.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 07, 2011, 06:02:53 pm
"...I know the last one was a joke, but the dangerous robot schemes are starting to get out of control, guys."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 07, 2011, 06:10:40 pm
"I agree," says Mellack. "Velocity, go downstairs and have a talk with Vanessa about this for me!"

"Alright," says Velocity-2.

"No, not you!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 07, 2011, 06:23:05 pm
"...I wanted to call him Brian..."

Fly downstairs to Vanessa as a cloaked hummingbird.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 07, 2011, 06:28:09 pm
You fly down, noting the amount of spare robot parts lying around now. You find Vanessa near an operating table covered in blood and other fluids, appearing to be cleaning up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 07, 2011, 06:45:59 pm
Reform.

"Vanessa! What did you do to him? Who did you kill to get those body parts? What's with the secret experiments? Why did you give him lasers he obviously can't control? Why can't you leave a joke as a joke without making me suspicious it's happening for real? Do you really think we're inferior or was that part of the act? Why are you doing something worrying enough to warrant this many questions?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 07, 2011, 06:55:17 pm
"I am obligated to continue my work..." she states ominously, continuing her sweeping.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 07, 2011, 07:06:15 pm
"WHO DID YOU KILL?"

Is anybody unaccounted for? Vanessa got those body parts from somewhere!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 07, 2011, 07:14:16 pm
"I killed nobody. However, I had to remove a body from its storage tank." Vanessa motions to another door in the room, with pneumatic locks and a circular window. This place is more and more of a labyrinth every day that passes. You honestly might not be surprised if you found out that the Nest was in here as well.

All reporting and accounted for, says Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 08, 2011, 06:39:28 pm
"...What kind of fishery is this..? Was this a designated UMR outpost when it was built?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 08, 2011, 06:48:05 pm
"This was a normal fishery, but underwent great modification for the past two decades. The previous owners allowed the UMR to construct labs inside of the building."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 08, 2011, 06:58:21 pm
"Are there any labs of interest we haven't found yet?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 08, 2011, 07:03:45 pm
"It is likely, but I have no such information. We have a few brains to work with, and quite a few bodies. Would you like to help me plan my next project?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 09, 2011, 08:28:29 pm
"...Depends... What kind of project..?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 09, 2011, 08:39:55 pm
Vanessa hauls out the body of the greenish female Mandalorian, Luutna. "We're going to find out how exactly this technology works. I believe I may be able to salvage data from whatever device is used to copy the UMR agents' minds into new bodies in order to create a copy of Luutna loyal to us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 09, 2011, 08:45:27 pm
"...You do understand how... sick that is, right..?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 09, 2011, 08:52:21 pm
"I am past the point of being hampered by issues of morality. This is for our good, and for our ends."

Vanessa holds a scalpel, removing the back plate of Luutna's neck and cutting in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 10, 2011, 08:33:18 pm
Stay, reluctantly, hoping I might be able to give input to make this slightly less horrible.

She wants me to help her make a slave-clone of Luutna.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 10, 2011, 08:42:31 pm
Why does she feel compelled to do this? I know where she's coming from, but why is she driven to make such twisted experiments?

Vanessa digs in, cutting out a section of Luutna's upper spinal column, revealing a sharp, multi-pronged device with two red LED lights underneath two diamond-shaped covers, its form somewhat resembling a robotic centipede.

"This is it..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 11, 2011, 05:57:53 pm
Watch with a morbid curiousity.

"What does it do, exactly?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 11, 2011, 06:06:12 pm
Vanessa scans it, observing it from different angles. "This is the device that uploads their minds. If I am guessing correctly, it should 'save' mind data at certain intervals of time, the most recent save being the one uploaded to the satellite. If we can attach this to another body and instead engineer it to download the data, then we should be able to implant this agent's mind..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 11, 2011, 06:20:08 pm
"If you say so..."

I think she's just really curious. She sounds very interested.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 11, 2011, 06:26:56 pm
Curiosity mixed with cruelty is a very unpleasant combination, says Sharon. She seems incapable of seeing shades of gray, or perhaps incapable of distinguishing black from white at all...

"Any input? I have a variety of bodies to use..." Vanessa steps up to the entrance to the body room, the pneumatic locks hissing as the door opens before her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 12, 2011, 05:39:58 pm
Oh NOW I get that saying!

"She's certainly competent. Use the best one, preferably female."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 12, 2011, 05:45:16 pm
You enter the room, the glow of bodies suspended in vats of fluid illuminating it. You see at least several dozens bodies of various profiles and species. Vanessa walks up to one containing a blue female Mandelorian.

"This one seems suitable. Is it up to your standards?" she asks, her hand above a button marked "DRAIN."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 12, 2011, 05:58:13 pm
"Don't see anything wrong. Do it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 12, 2011, 06:08:51 pm
Vanessa presses the button, the body in the tank resting on the floor as the fluid drains out. The cylinder opens, and Vanessa lifts the limp body out while walking back to the surgery room.

She sets it back down on the table before carefully removing the plating and jamming the device into the body's upper spinal column.

"Now, let me see if I can download this with some electric stimulation..."

Vanessa puts an electric prod against the device and shocks it. The device's lights turn on and glow red...
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 12, 2011, 06:12:17 pm
"Does that mean it's working, Frankenstein?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 12, 2011, 06:19:32 pm
"We'll find out. While we wait for the subject to regain consciousness, would you like to evaluate my previous project?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 12, 2011, 06:29:28 pm
"He's a disaster waiting to happen. He can't control his laser well, for a start."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 12, 2011, 06:35:57 pm
"He will learn with time. Thank you for taking our survey, do you have any additional questions or comments?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 12, 2011, 07:01:36 pm
"Open your task manager. I'm pretty sure there's something running that really shouldn't be."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 12, 2011, 07:06:23 pm
"I am completely fine, I just want to optimize my performance and improve my practices with peer evaluation."

The body on the table stirs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 13, 2011, 11:45:13 am
"My criticism was a lot more general."

Watch the body.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 13, 2011, 12:00:18 pm
Whoever it is groans, holding the back of her head.

"Where am I...?" she moans, whining as pangs of sensitivity shoot through her neck.

"The subject is awake. Let us observe..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 13, 2011, 06:12:06 pm
Ignore Vanessa.

"Hello, Luutna. I'm not entirely sure who much you remember. If you don't mind answering these questions... What country do you serve? What's your squad leader's name?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 13, 2011, 06:14:39 pm
"Wha? Who are you? This...that's not my name! I'm Hirstian! I'm not in any squads!"

She seems sincere, and quite frightened by her surroundings.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 13, 2011, 06:39:58 pm
"Alright, sorry, I'll ease off. I'm not too happy with the ethical implications of this, so I'll explain everything to you. We're a squad of Crionese deserters hiding out in Hirst, but we've been fighting with a UMR Black Ops squad trying to prepare for an all-out invasion. They controlled this base until we killed them and took it, as well as all the technology, like Vanessa here. They collected bodies, using them in their experiments, and brains to power machines. The body you're in now was just taken from the holding room they kept all the bodies in. Vanessa's rather twisted experiment involves taking a device from the inside of one of the fallen UMR operatives, and implanting it into you. The chip is designed to "save" the memory of an operative, and use a satellite to upload it into a new body when they're killed. Vanessa hopes that implanting that device into you after hacking into it will put her mind into that body. Either it hasn't taken effect, and you're in your own body, or you're Luutna, but Vanessa has altered your memories. Perhaps a combination."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 13, 2011, 06:43:59 pm
"But...I'm not Luutna...I'm Erancix..."

"Interesting. The method used has not yielded a copy of the agent's mind. I shall make a note of this," says Vanessa.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 14, 2011, 05:44:23 pm
"You're awake now, and I'm not going to stick you back in the tank. My name's Velocity. What date do you last remember?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 14, 2011, 05:49:45 pm
She rubs her head, thinking deeply.

"I remember...the 18th? Yes...that was it."

"That was two weeks ago," says Vanessa, holding a light up to Erancix's eyes, watching them contract as she draws back from it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 14, 2011, 06:00:02 pm
"She's already awake, Vanessa. It's not right to shove a new mind into her, especially since her old one is intact. Sure we don't have any vegetables you can do these things on?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 14, 2011, 06:10:10 pm
You hear a sudden gasp from Erancix, but see nothing wrong with her. She's gingerly rubbing the back of her neck, grimacing.

"I don't plan on it. I will conduct further inquiries into our stock. Until then, this procedure has...failed."

Vanessa's legs clatter her off into the body room as you're left alone with Erancix.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 14, 2011, 06:21:16 pm
Look at Erancix/Enecrix carefully, then take a gamble.

"...Luutna?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 14, 2011, 06:25:39 pm
She smiles. "Hey...you're that guy! How are you..."

She gets up, her four arms outstretched, slowly advancing toward you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 17, 2011, 07:33:31 pm
"I'll remind you how many robots your base is equipped to support, as well of the many, highly trained supersoldiers between you and the exit. Trying anything is unwise, but I don't intend to hurt you."

Stand my ground.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 17, 2011, 07:56:25 pm
"Who said I want to escape?"

She lunges at you, grabbing your arms!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 17, 2011, 08:03:03 pm
Turn into my usual ostrich-thing, and kick her off, hard.

"Who said I was an easy target?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 17, 2011, 08:30:44 pm
You kick her off, but quickly realize the full matters of the situation.

"Why are you attacking me!?" yells Erancix.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 18, 2011, 05:43:14 am
"You grabbed my arms, or... Luutna did... Look, this isn't going to be easy for me to solve. VANESSA, CAN YOU GET IN HERE? LUUTNA AND ERANCIX SEEM TO BE ALTERNATING CONTROL OF THE BODY!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 18, 2011, 11:38:39 am
"There is no need to yell. What is it?" Alvari comes into the room, looking at the teary-eyed girl on the floor.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 18, 2011, 05:45:20 pm
"Get Vanessa for me. She's the mad scientist. Erancix, I'm sorry. Luutna took control of your body and attacked me. Nobody deserves to wrestle over their own body. I'll have Vanessa remove the device immediately."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 18, 2011, 05:52:17 pm
"What? I...okay..." Erancix lays down on the table, uncertain. Alvari nods as he whirs, contacting Vanessa. Soon she steps back out, blood on her normally clean appendages.

"What did you need me for?" asks Vanessa, observing the scene.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 18, 2011, 06:01:28 pm
"The two minds in the body are alternating control, either at random or by Luutna's command. Can you remove the device? The poor girl's suffered enough."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 18, 2011, 06:13:49 pm
Vanessa injects Erancix with a syringe that extends out of one of her arms. Erancix falls unconscious quickly enough. "Certainly. It seems this experiment has been more of a success than I initially thought...noting..."

Before long, Vanessa has taken out and removed the device, placing it upon the table. Erancix is recovering.

"Anything else you need of me?" Vanessa asks. Alvari stands by, observing the sleeping girl.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 18, 2011, 06:20:59 pm
"Is there any way you can blank her memory of being captured?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 18, 2011, 06:26:29 pm
"What do you mean? Why would I have any need to do that?" Vanessa doesn't seem to understand the plights of others. "That would serve no logical purpose. We have other things that we could be doing that would be much more useful to us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 18, 2011, 06:42:49 pm
"I want to release her, because I'm a person, who feels empathy, and if we wipe her memory there's no chance of any harm coming from it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 18, 2011, 06:51:31 pm
"We can't do that yet," says Vanessa. "We need to be sure she's completely fine before sending her out into the world. Your human empathy impedes your ability to see the consequences of such an action like that. I mean, remember that time you went out as a bird monster in public? We all do. You've probably started something by now."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 18, 2011, 07:08:12 pm
"Hey, remember that time you created an army of robots just to watch us blow them up? What was the logical reaoning behind that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 18, 2011, 07:10:46 pm
You see a few sparks jump out from Vanessa's head.

Erancix slowly gets up, unsteady. "This...ugh...I'm still here..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 18, 2011, 07:27:24 pm
"One second, I think I just broke Vanessa. Well, Vanessa? What was the point in doing that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 18, 2011, 07:32:34 pm
"It was for science, and according to Sharon, fun." Vanessa says with the same honesty she's been known to show.

Erancix seem extremely puzzled by this. "Why do you want to break her?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 18, 2011, 07:48:47 pm
"Because I'm probably partially insane due to having way too many prototype nanites floating around in my bloodstream! Vanessa, if I asked you to edit your own hard drive into thinking that making Erancix forget about her capture and then releasing her was a good idea, would your answer be the same as your answer to this question?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 18, 2011, 07:52:14 pm
Vanessa's limbs and head retract into a single oval shape, resting on the floor.

"Logical fallacy limit reached. Entering defensive lockdown mode..."

Vanessa falls silent, a dim glow emitting from her main unit.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 19, 2011, 05:49:42 pm
"...Well... I... uh... This is new... I'll just... call for Mellack..."

Speak to Mellack over the radio, while saying it out loud.
Mellack..? I think you need to take a look at Vanessa...

"...Sorry about that... Now, what do you want to do from here? We're happy to have you stay, or we could find a way to blank your memory of this incident and try to reintegrate you into society."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 19, 2011, 05:53:35 pm
"...I don't want to go back there...I don't have anything to return to," says Erancix, her jaws clacking once. She looks down, sad.

What now? I was just heading back to the apartment block with the others! Mellack radios in, complaining.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 19, 2011, 06:26:37 pm
...Well... I never knew that robots had a logical fallacy limit...

"Well, can you tell me what happened to you..? You must have a reason for being dragged out of a cryo tank."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 19, 2011, 06:55:55 pm
"I was pulled off the streets, I guess. I don't know why I was dragged out, but...it was for this mad experiment, I guess."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 21, 2011, 06:14:14 pm
"Well, you're free to stay with us. We should try releasing other people, too..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 21, 2011, 06:24:14 pm
Erancix nods, then Vanessa comes out of her shell.

"Software updated. Anti-logical fallacy drivers now fully-operational."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 21, 2011, 06:38:04 pm
"I am currently lying."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 21, 2011, 06:44:22 pm
Vanessa's head swivels to turn to you.

"Shut up," she says. "Now, what do you propose we do with the specimen?"

"I have a name..." Erancix frowns.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 22, 2011, 06:00:33 pm
"Erancix is going to join us. Suppose x is a constant interger. What's the value of x divided by zero?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 22, 2011, 06:15:16 pm
Vanessa turns to you again. "Shut up."

She gives you a firm slap across the face!

"Whoa!" says Erancix.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 22, 2011, 06:20:51 pm
"You have protection against that kind of thing now, so that served no purpose! That was very illogical of you!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 22, 2011, 06:24:55 pm
Vanessa's face screen lights up with a red siren. She takes out a tazer and shocks you with it, forcing you to the ground!

"Erancix is allowed to join us, but she must be held under close supervision by myself and my other employees."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 25, 2011, 09:06:24 am
"FOR FUCK'S SAKE VANESSA JUST ADMIT YOU HAVE EMOTIONS. OH FUCKING HELL. FUCK. FUCK. FUCK."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 25, 2011, 10:47:17 am
"I totally do have emotions. There, I said it. You're upsetting me, stop it," Vanessa says in a completely flat tone.

"Um...what about me?" Erancix asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 25, 2011, 10:49:24 am
"As... Soon... As... I can... Get up..."

Slowly start getting up.

"Alright, you can stay as long as you don't mind the robots watching you constantly.

Keep an eye on our newcomer.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 25, 2011, 11:09:11 am
Wait, who? Oh, yeah! Right. Sharon responds.

You should really get back upstairs now, with Vanessa's unstable experiment moving around the base with laser eyes and a lot of potential for mayhem to occur.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 25, 2011, 06:09:42 pm
Head back upstairs, and look around for Velocity-2.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 25, 2011, 06:15:27 pm
Velocity-2 is in the middle of a demonstration for a distracted Mellack. It seems he's attempting to cut through a steel beam with his laser eye, and he's slowly succeeding.

"He's a good listener, and although Vanessa's methods are highly-questionable, she's very good at what she does. Look at that eye...it's powerful enough to cut steel, and it cuts through flesh even faster..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 25, 2011, 06:36:20 pm
She installed Luutna's mind into another woman's body. Apparently it's removed now, but still keep an eye on her just in case.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 25, 2011, 06:51:38 pm
Velocity-2 accomplishes sawing through the beam, throwing his arms up in celebration.

"I'll keep it in mind. Did you hear? You're a news sensation."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 25, 2011, 06:54:19 pm
"Just what I was going for! Do we have a TV here?"

Go look for the TV, and switch it to the news.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 25, 2011, 07:04:45 pm
You've got a television in the dining area. Turning it on, it's clear that you've started a new movement in cryptozoology.

"You gotta believe, man! The evidence is here!" says a citizen being interviewed. Some kind of conspiracy theorist by the loos of it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 29, 2011, 05:42:30 pm
Become totally unable to help myself, and sneak out while cloaked, before turning into a crow and flying to where the interview is taking place.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 29, 2011, 05:57:10 pm
Velocity? Oh God dammit...

You're invisible at the site of the interview. What shall you do?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 29, 2011, 06:07:35 pm
I'M SO SORRY BUT I CAN'T HELP BUT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE POOR, GULLIBLE PEOPLE! Watch this!

Turn into a bright-red parrot, with four blue wings, uncloak and land on the nutcase's shoulder.

"There is no avian conspiracy! That's just silly! You've got no evidence!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 29, 2011, 06:15:32 pm
"THE GOVERNMENT! THE PEOPLE! EVIDENCE IS RIGHT HERE! WE'VE BEEN LIED TO!" shouts the nutcase.

Everybody screams and points at you. You simply stand and dance on the man's shoulder.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 29, 2011, 06:24:17 pm
"Yes, blame the government! Good humans! You guys can build nests, right?"

OKAY I THINK I MIGHT HAVE STARTED A CIVIL WAR. I CAN FIX THIS.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 29, 2011, 06:37:31 pm
You hear a gunshot, and fall down, blood splattering on the ground as you get hit.

Losing consciousness...getting captured...
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on September 30, 2011, 01:17:54 pm
WHO THE FUCK SHOOTS A TALKING PARROT? I HAVE LOST ALL FAITH IN THIS COUNTR-AAAAAARGH THIS HURTS.

Make a last ditch attempt to teleport somewhere safe before I'm out cold.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 30, 2011, 07:52:06 pm
You teleport five feet away.

FUCK, NO!

You awake, in a confined space, a birdcage in the middle of a room lined with mirrors...
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 01, 2011, 08:11:08 pm
...Alright... I really fucked up this time... I'm genuinely sorry...

Admire my reflection for a moment, then realise what I'm meant to be doing. Turn into as large a raven-ostrich-lizard-thing as I can, and smash out of the cage.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 01, 2011, 09:47:48 pm
You are successful in doing so, but you find that you are confined inside of this box area. You doubt it will be so easy to break out of this.

Your heightened senses pick up people talking outside the box. Could they be watching?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 02, 2011, 06:11:16 pm
Shout loudly on my radio.
OKAY, GRAND ONE. FROM THIS POINT ON, TOTAL PROFESSIONALISM! WE'LL STOP THE WAR AND STOP FUCKING AROUND! AS ONE ASTRAL ENTITY TO ANOTHER, I PROMISE! JUST HELP ME OUT HERE.

Put my illusion powers to constructive use. Make it seem like I phased out through the wall.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 02, 2011, 06:29:50 pm
You don't think the message got out.

As you use your illusion owers, you hear a lot of gunfire outside.

Yeah, this seems bleak.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 02, 2011, 06:34:00 pm
"Alright, you win for now. What do you want?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 02, 2011, 06:42:19 pm
You hear speaker feedback before an announcement rings into your container.

"Change for us again."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 03, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
"What do you think I am? A party entertai- Alright, maybe I have been acting rather inappropriately lately. I'll lay this down simply. Let me out and I'll get on with my nationally beneficial job and not get distracted by the possible abuse of transformation. Otherwise I'll be stuck here while you're all killed. That's all I'm saying. Where am I?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 03, 2011, 06:05:42 pm
You hear a muted conversation. The speaker returns shortly.

"You're currently in confinement due to your...abilities. What do you mean when you say you have a 'nationally-beneficial job?' What do you mean when you say we'll all 'be killed?'"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 03, 2011, 06:17:31 pm
"If I don't do my job, Hirst ceases to exist. If I do it, you'll never hear of it. Give me a lie detector test. You've probably got some fancy system set up in here."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 03, 2011, 06:20:49 pm
"Could you give us some details about exactly what you're trying to prevent happening?"

They're pressing you an awful lot.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 03, 2011, 06:37:54 pm
"Death. Lots of death. Even for the survivors, permanent change, and yet more death. I'm not saying anything else on the matter, and nothing more at all without a lie detector."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 03, 2011, 06:41:17 pm
"We're testing you right now. Tell us, what are the events that will lead up to this supposed period of lots of death?"

Scientists and all of their questions!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 03, 2011, 06:58:11 pm
Make several statements, a pause between each one.

"Let me test this for you. I am male. I currently have black feathers. I am female. I currently have green feathers. Telling you my goals would jeaprodise all of them. It's best for Hirst if you release me now."

Pause for longer.
"I teleport supernaturally."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 03, 2011, 07:05:46 pm
The box falls open, and you find yourself standing in a white room, a lot of wall-mounted turrets aimed at you. You turn your little bird head around and see several observation windows, silhouettes obscured behind them.

"Demonstrate that ability for us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 04, 2011, 12:45:49 pm
"You're making me wonder whether Hirst is worth saving..."

Take a deep breath.

Turn into a hummingbird with four tiny arms, cloaking. Teleport to a turret, and get it to fire at an observation window. Keep teleporting around rapidly, trying to get each turret to shoot at a window.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 04, 2011, 12:49:31 pm
This seems like a really stupid oversight, but the windows aren't even bulletproof! You see several stunned human and Mandelorian scientists duck down as bullets tear through the windows, the rooms offering means of escape!
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 04, 2011, 01:18:24 pm
"NOW LET ME GET BACK TO SAVING YOUR GODDAMN COUNTRY!"

Turn back into the ostrich, teleporting through a window, cloaking, and making a break for it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 04, 2011, 02:20:14 pm
You run through the corridors, seeming to be lost among the various rooms and cowering scientists. You turn a corner, entering a room with a weird glowing machine in the middle.

"TELEPORTATION EXPERIMENTS IN PROGRESS, KEEP ALL BODY PARTS CLEAR OF THE WORMHOLE," reads a sign.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 04, 2011, 02:53:31 pm
"...I'VE DONE CRAZIER THINGS!"

Jump into the machine.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 04, 2011, 03:20:03 pm
Everything is a mess of noise and sensations. With a flash, you plop onto the ground in the middle of a field.

Your body is also mostly twisted inside out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 04, 2011, 03:42:41 pm
Scream loudly, trying to quickly compact myself into a hummingbird.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH. ANYBODY COPY? ANYBODY COPY?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 04, 2011, 03:50:50 pm
You reform yourself quite nicely for someone who was just previously a piece of abstract art. You get a static response, you're probably out of range.

Looking around, you see there are a lot of white cubes lying around this area. They must still be testing this, seeing as there is a building nearby.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 04, 2011, 06:02:06 pm
Turn into a falcon, then cloak and fly up, looking for the lake.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 04, 2011, 06:27:49 pm
You see a lake a few kilometers away, but you don't see the telltale lights of a city anywhere nearby.

Where did this thing take you to?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 05, 2011, 05:47:23 pm
Manage to stop hyperventilating, and check out the building.

PLEASE TELL ME I'M ON MANDALORIA. SOMEBODY, ANYBODY?
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 05, 2011, 06:11:10 pm
You're probably outside of the radio range. This is probably the lake the city was built near. But you think you may be on the other side...

The building is probably there to serve as a testing facility for this teleportation technology, seeing as the objects are here from the lab back in the city, most likely. Perhaps you should check it out, as small as it is.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 05, 2011, 06:34:04 pm
Find an unobstructed way in, and fly through.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 05, 2011, 06:43:26 pm
There doesn't appear to be an open door in the place. But there do happen to be a few windows, if you really want to go in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 05, 2011, 06:50:01 pm
Sneak in through a window, and take a look around.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 05, 2011, 06:54:40 pm
You smash the fuck out of a closed window, startling a Mandalorian scientist inside of the room. Looking around, it's mostly books and data papers on desks, but there are a few aquariums with odd species in them.

The scientist starts to run out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 05, 2011, 07:14:05 pm
"TELEPORTER ONLY BROUGHT ME OUTSIDE THE BUILDING, THEN! SORRY!"

Fly out before I get shot again, and start heading to the fishery, wondering how I'm going to explain this to the others.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 05, 2011, 07:21:14 pm
You actually kind of doubt that, since the city is nowhere in sight. It's extremely likely you're just on the other side of the lake, and this was a small building built to observe the results of these teleportation experiments, and not the building you were in. You're at least a few hundred miles from the city, and it's probably wise to try to find a quicker way back.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 06, 2011, 06:16:11 pm
Concentrate on a point near the lake, as far as I can see, and focus my effort into teleporting there.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 06, 2011, 06:26:05 pm
Your staunch refusal to enter the building seems to pay off. You squint, seeing the tiniest light in the distance, concentrating, silent. About five minutes pass as you fall into a trance, thinking only of the single spot which you wish to teleport to. Suddenly, the familiar feeling of phasing out overtaking you, you find yourself on top of a building, in the middle of the city, the urban lights shining around you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 06, 2011, 06:32:18 pm
Doing something crazy and reckless with no real goal is how I got INTO this mess.

I'm back in the city. Anybody copy?

Fly up, see if I can find the fishery.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 06, 2011, 06:39:25 pm
Velocity, where did you go!?
What WERE YOU THINKING!?
Did they do anything to you? Hello!?
I called dibs on your room.

The fishery isn't too hard to locate, given its position on the shore. You fly down, landing in front of it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 06, 2011, 07:01:48 pm
Turn Mandalorian, and walk in.

I kind of appeared on live TV and convinced some crackpots that the government was conspiring against them. I forgot I could still get shot, and I woke up in a birdcage. I broke out of that and they started asking questions. I stopped answering so they brought out the turrets. They told me to teleport, so I did, while hacking into each turret to get them to fire at the windows, which amusingly weren't bulletproof. I jumped into an experimental wormhole and woke up inside-out on the other side of the lack. Managed to get myself back the way I was and teleport back here. No more pranks. EVER.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 06, 2011, 07:11:26 pm
That was a really shithead move you made, says Luukner over the radio. You know what they do to you for those stunts in the UMR? They'd fucking kill you.

Everybody is on various couches in a lounge area they've set up, around a television. It seems to be replaying that footage of you. It's quite odd to see yourself getting shot from another angle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 09, 2011, 05:02:33 am
I'm pretty sure any country would.

Sit down.

"Alright, I've learnt my lesson here. What did I miss?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 09, 2011, 11:46:02 am
"You missed some semi-large shitstorm that followed a talking mystical bird appearing on the television. Analysts can tell that you weren't a special effect. Anyway, you've effectively started a movement for a bird that doesn't really exist. Good job," says Sharon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 09, 2011, 06:07:36 pm
"Nice, but not worth the inside-out bit. What did I miss that ISN'T about to the bird? I don't want to know about the bird."
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 09, 2011, 06:19:50 pm
"Erancix seems...strangely hungry..." says Mellack, indicating Erancix raiding the nearby fridge, a bundle of foods in her arms.
Title: Re: Velocityquest II
Post by: Velocity on October 09, 2011, 06:39:59 pm
"She's been in cryo for quite a while. Anything else?"

Talk to Sharon.
Won't happen again. Ever. It actually had consequences this time.