I Wanna Be The Forums!

General Category => General Games! => I Wanna Be the Quest => Topic started by: DraconicDescendant on January 25, 2012, 11:32:18 pm

Title: Velocityquest VI
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 25, 2012, 11:32:18 pm
The vague feeling of warmth is all that reminds you of your simple existence. It's hot out here, you can sense that. You can't sense much else, seeing as you have no proper ears, nerves, or other sensory organs, you're not much more than a small ball of tar with simple animal intelligence.

You have the vaguest sense of "sight," if one could call it that. You certainly wouldn't call it that, because you don't even know what the word "sight" means, let alone what a word is. You can sense a very hot object in a general position above you, but something else soon draws upon your attention. It's not nearly as hot, but you know that it's organic, and that gets you excited, in a vague sense of the word. You feel the urge to consume it, consumption keeps you alive, and consumption, as you understand it, is currently your only purpose.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 25, 2012, 11:36:50 pm
Move upwards, and consume.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 25, 2012, 11:44:37 pm
You slowly move along the hot surface that you're on, slowly dragging your form over the organism before you, your system beginning to dissolve it, without much effort on your part. You feel satiated, in a vague sense, for now, but as the dead organic matter disappears into your oozing mass, you feel a new sensation come over you. Alien thoughts push themselves into you. Like a hallucination, thoughts and memories come to you, in bits and pieces. You remember running, hiding, scavenging...but you know that you don't really remember these things because they didn't happen to you, they happened to what you consumed. You are certain that this is the case, as certain as an organism of your primitive intelligence can be.

But you know that you have another option, a unique option, something that not many other things can do. You know that you can now utilize the consumed organic material for yourself, to improve your own form, in a way. You know that you don't have to remain as a ball of tar now, you don't know how you know, but something tells you you can become that which you have just consumed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 25, 2012, 11:52:21 pm
Follow my instinct, and transform.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 12:01:57 am
Your mass shifts, shaping into a specific form from an undefined blob. You feel bones, muscles, nerves, and veins all form within you, as your extremities shift into small claws, senses converging mostly in a concentrated spot, a head. You gain eyes, ears, a sharp nose, and a mouth filled with a few long teeth. You find that you now have movable limbs, two in the front, and two in the back. There is also a tail on your posterior end, acting as a counterweight of sorts for you, an extension of your spine.

You can now see the world around you. You know from memory that this place is naturally hot, and that a good way to get out of the heat is to tunnel undeground...but you're standing on ground that's too hard to do that. Large, loud things normally travel on this ground, and the unfortunate creature that you have become was in the way when one of these things crushed it. You look over to a twisted, flaming mass. You, not the thing you have become, instinctually feel that the flames are very bad. You dislike extreme temperatures. This warmth is enough to make you feel slightly uncomfortable, but not nearly as much as being bathed in one of those flames would be.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 12:05:29 am
Scurry away from the heat, and towards softer ground.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 12:09:43 am
You hurry off the side of the patch of hard ground, moving quite naturally, as if you've been this organism all your life. You find softer dirt underneath your feet soon after. Instincts flood your mind, you can use these claws to dig into the earth...to shelter yourself from the heat...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 04:33:25 pm
Start digging downwards until I feel cool.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 04:38:39 pm
The dirt gives way under your quick scratching, and you burrow into the ground, making a shelter for yourself from the desert heat.

Several hours later, and the source of heat outside seems to have gone away, for a while. Your inherited instincts tell you that this is an ideal time to scavenge outside for additional sustenance.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 04:45:53 pm
Burrow out, and use my new instinct to scavenge.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 05:02:51 pm
It's considerably less well-lit than it was some amount of time ago. It's colder out now, but you know that if it gets too cold then you're going to have another problem. You carefully smell the air, the scent of appetizing foodstuffs coming from a specific direction, an area filled not with dirt and vegetation, but with strange structures. From your position, it looks quite well-lit in the otherwise dark environment, and it seems like a plethora of consumable materials would be there.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 05:04:36 pm
Move quickly towards the light, eager to consume.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 05:09:42 pm
You start scurrying toward the distant lights, suddenly freezing as you hear rustling in the brushes.

A pair of slit eyes make themselves apparent to you, as a long and slender creature slowly moves along the ground. The rattling of its tail, and the hissing sound it makes with its mouth frighten the rat in you, but the original part of you is not intimidated by the natural predator of this organism...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 06:32:29 pm
Revert to my original shape, and spread myself over the creature.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 06:44:40 pm
Your bones and tissues dissolve back into black muck, as you throw yourself onto the predator. It hisses and writhes as you engulf its head, struggling for a few good minutes before lying still, your body beginning to absorb it.

The consumption brings with it more memories, instincts, skills...and another form. You spend quite a while consuming the creature, but in the end, its entire body has been eaten away.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 07:39:45 pm
Turn into the long creature, moving further towards the lights.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 07:45:06 pm
You enjoy greatly sharpened sight, in addition to an increase in mass. You can taste the air with your tongue, giving you valuable insight into the objects around you. You slide along the ground smoothly, towards the lights.

You're aware that your main weapons are your fangs...with these, you can bite your food, and get it to stop moving easily with a squirt of special liquid.

On your way to the bright lights, you sense another organism in your path. It's much like the last organism you mimicked, having all the same characteristics, but inspiring the same want to consume. It stands, frozen by your gaze.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 07:50:09 pm
Use the creature's skill to inject it with venom, and devour it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 07:57:34 pm
You hiss before snapping your front half forward, snaring the mouse in your jaws, and piercing it with your fangs. The mouse slowly stops moving, and you slowly swallow it, forcing it down your throat, as it twitches.

You continue crawling, feeling your system dissolving your meal into your body at an appreciable rate, until a short while later when you feel it has been consumed completely, bypassing the normal digestion process that this creature would use.

You eventually come to the first structure on the edge of the area, finding it to be protected by several different kinds of walls. You find your path blocked by a tall wall, enclosing an area within its perimeter. This body is too large to get through, and the other form you have learned wouldn't be able to get through either. There are small openings along the wall, but you may have an idea of how to get through them...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 08:02:49 pm
Revert to my original, semi-liquid state, and seep through the gaps.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 08:06:40 pm
You easily pass through the fence after melting into your original form, passing through into a grassy area, next to the structure.

Your path is blocked by a transparent material, a notably cleaner area behind it, with oddly-colored ground, and unfamiliar materials within.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 08:16:10 pm
Move around the sides and top of the structure, trying to find a small opening.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 08:19:20 pm
Your original form is quite useful for scaling vertical inclines, easily sticking to the wall and moving upwards.

You find a viable entrance, in the form of an small opening on the side of the building. It seems that normally that transparent material would close off entry, but for whatever reason, this part is open.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 08:27:02 pm
Move in through the opening, then turn into the small creature, and begin to scavenge.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 08:32:00 pm
You turn into the scavenger, moving across the floor, and finding an extremely compelling meal...

It's another organism, but this one seems to be in an unaware state. It's much larger than any other organism you've met so far. It's an extremely tantalizing meal...

It's on a slightly-elevated structure of some sort, but you can easily get up there. Consuming this organism in particular excites you more than anything else at the moment.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 08:40:38 pm
Turn back to normal, and spread myself over the large creature, dragging it to the ground, and consuming it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 08:47:51 pm
You get up to the organism's resting place, spreading yourself as thin as you can, which is only enough to cover the head of the organism.

Your consumption starts as normal, but soon the organism stirs, rustling about as you envelop its head, and struggling. It falls off the structure, reaching for a switch which lights up the room. It begins making loud, shrill sounds, stumbling about, using its limbs to claw at you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 08:49:51 pm
Continue dissolving its head as it uselessly tries to remove me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 08:55:28 pm
For a while, the organism tries clawing you, but as it tears a hole in your oozing form, you quickly grab hold of its limbs, stopping it from utilizing them. The organism continues to make the shrill sounds, stumbling about the area, eventually making it into a different chamber, and grabbing onto something, causing a clear liquid to flow from an opening. This liquid is somewhat cool as the organism tries getting you off, but quickly you feel it heating up, reaching uncomfortable heat levels! You continue absorbing its head, and just before it's able to dip you into the hot liquid, it stumbles backward into another liquid receptacle, still struggling for a while, before lying still.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 09:03:03 pm
Continue to slowly devour the entire creature.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 09:10:04 pm
Absorbing this creature takes much more time than any other of the creatures. You slowly work your way though the body, taking inches slowly.

As you do so, information floods into your mind. More information than you'd care to know about. It starts slowly, but soon it all piles up. Memories, movements, words, knowledge, social interaction, events, history...

FIVEPLUSFIVEEQUALSTENGROVERCLEVELANDWASTHEONLYPRESIDENTTOSERVETWONONCONSECUTIVETERMSPINEAPPLESAREDE LICIOUSTHEGRANDCANYONISBEAUTIFULINTHESUMMERFRUNDTECHISBADBUTTHEMUTANTREBELLIONISEVENWORSEYOUDISLIKE MODERNARTTHETELEVISIONALMOSTNEVERHASANYTHINGGOODONWHATISHAPPENINGTOYOURMINDITSALLFLOODINGINSOFASTYO UCANTPROCESSITALLWHATHAVEYOUBECOMEWHATAREYOUGOINGTOBECOMEWHATWILLYOUDOWHATISYOURPURPOSEWHYDIDYOUEAT THISMANWHATISTHEMEANINGOFLIFEANDEXISTENCEWHATISTHOUGHTHOWAREYOUDOINGTHISWHY-

You understand...yourself.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 09:18:48 pm
Quickly take my new form, looking at everything around me, and trying to understand my own memories with my newly aquired knowledge.

"...Human..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 09:26:26 pm
You step out of the bathtub, turning the handle on the faucet as you look in the mirror, observing your face.

You're 25 years old, with light blonde hair and greenish-blue eyes. You're not terribly tall, standing at 5'8" and weighing 140 pounds the last time this human checked. You remember this human's life, growing up with an upper middle class family, having friends, and attending college. You also understand, you're a woman, which means it's easy to coax men in order to get what you want.

You're not sure exactly what you are, but now you understand, you were being transported in a refrigerated van, which crashed, somehow, releasing you from your container, allowing you to slowly come to life under the desert sun. You know what you can do, but not what you are.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 09:35:29 pm
Stand around for a few moments, and wander around the house aimlessly, confused as to whether I should consume, or do human things, or even rat or snake things.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 09:42:34 pm
You can't simply reject this knowledge now that you've gained it...you'll have to live with it.

You look around, thinking the choice of what you do with yourself is now up to you. You understand the ethics behind eating people, which leads you to think that it's something you really shouldn't do too much. On the other hand, you guess you could try living as a human...though your knowledge, mixed with her knowledge, makes it difficult for yourself. You know you're masquerading, even though logically nobody else would jump to the conclusion that you're actually a blob that absorbs organic matter and transforms into things it eats just by speaking with you. Although a nagging question keeps coming to you...

What is your name? You know what her name is, you just have to recall it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 11:16:18 am
"...Megan Miller..."

Do something my human instincts want me to do.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 12:33:26 pm
The conversion didn't preserve your clothes, you're going to have to get dressed.

In addition to that, You realize that during the nighttime, humans aren't as active, but you do not feel the same "tiredness" that Megan would most likely feel right now. You think the best course of action for you to take would be to get something to eat.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 03:08:36 pm
Find her wardrobe, then pick out some of her favourite clothes, and try putting them on.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 03:22:19 pm
You put on a shirt, and a pair of jeans, nothing too fancy. You put them on easily, and find them comfortable.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 03:50:31 pm
Look through my human knowledge, and use some of my new "logical reasoning." Look through the cupboards for some meat.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 03:54:38 pm
You look through the cupboards, finding a can of hearty soup with steak and potatoes. You normally wouldn't care about heating it up, but your human knowledge has let you come to appreciate how your meals taste.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 03:58:14 pm
Find a can-opener, and open it up. Set it on the table, and turn into my normal form, consuming a piece of beef.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 04:09:12 pm
You simply convert your hand back into goo, and pull the piece of meat into yourself before reverting your hand back to human shape. You dissolve it quickly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 04:16:43 pm
Slide into a more open area of the house, and become a beef.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 04:31:55 pm
You expand outwards, becoming a beef. You realize that this form is hardly desirable, given how bulky and slow it us compared to the other forms you have. The beef isn't very intelligent, either.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 04:36:37 pm
Try and turn into Megan, with the head of a snake.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 04:47:48 pm
You turn back, finding that you do indeed have the head of the snake, but your skin is also snake like as well.

Your visage in the mirror is uncanny to you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 05:00:39 pm
Try it with the rat, wondering if size is an issue.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 05:08:47 pm
You become a very odd rat, without fur, but with snakeskin and fangs, sized down to fit the rat form.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 05:58:02 pm
Turn into Megan, smile, and try this cooking thing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 06:03:53 pm
You put the rest of the canned stew into a bowl, then put it into the microwave, heating it up.

You remove a bowl of hot stew, it appetizes your human instincts.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 06:24:17 pm
Become awed at Megan's cookery skill, and start eating, trying to figure out all the standard conventions at once.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 06:35:40 pm
Apparently it's both polite and convenient to eat soup with a spoon. You sit down at a table, and start spooning soup into your mouth, taking the time to taste and chew the food, finding it to taste quite pleasant. It rolls down your digestive tract, to be absorbed by your body afterward.

You notice that you've left your clothes on the floor after the series of transformations. You're going to have to be careful when taking human form, since it's not polite in human society to go out in public naked.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 08:12:19 pm
Leave the bowl on the table and put the clothes on, doing what my instincts want me to do next.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 08:20:41 pm
You head for the bed, as your human instincts dictate.

You lay there for several hours, but you fail to successfully fall asleep. Morning comes, and you get up in accordance with your instinct.

You should get the paper.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 08:23:55 pm
Get up, wondering why humans seem to enjoy doing that, going to the front door to inspect one of these papers.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 08:36:51 pm
You open your front door, and head out to the driveway, picking up the newspaper before walking back inside.

It seems that people read these to know about local events. In today's case, the paper is reporting that an attack by the mutant rebellion has taken another city in Washington.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 08:54:47 pm
Try to remember what a mutant is.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 09:00:54 pm
Mutants...genetically-enhanced people with superhero powers, that's how you understand it. Some throw fire, some throw lightning, some throw objects, a lot of throwing things, and other things.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 09:38:54 pm
Shrug, suddenly wondering what I just did with my shoulders, and look for some more of that soup for morning sustinence.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 09:47:11 pm
There isn't any more of that particular kind, but there is a can of chicken broth soup in the pantry.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 10:07:58 pm
Use my expert skills to prepare my new and exciting meal, pouring it into my bowl still on the table.

Try some with my human digestive system, and see if I can transform into a chicken.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 10:12:27 pm
You again, throw the soup into the microwave, and heat it up, finely appreciating how it tastes using your human digestive system.

Your clothes fall into a pile around you as you change into the poultry. Again, this farm animal is quite unintelligent and is at a disadvantage to your other forms.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 10:29:30 pm
Turn back into Megan, putting on her clothes and wondering how humans get dressed all the time.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 10:35:05 pm
The way you understand it, they usually just do this every morning.

Also, according to Megan's morning routine, she has to report in to work at nine. You've got a few hours before you have to do that, though. You understand that, through working, you get something that allows you to buy more things, like food!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 03:31:20 pm
Wonder how expensive tiger meat is, and sit around, staring at a clock until it's nine.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 03:34:56 pm
You wait until nine.

You must now get to work. You realize that getting from one place to another normally takes some amount of time, and it will take about 10 minutes to drive to work.

Driving? Yes, you must operate Megan's motor vehicle in order to reach work in a faster amount of time.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 03:59:54 pm
Get into the motor vehicle, overwhelmed by all the strange things inside it, before using my new memories to figure out how to switch it on, and drive to this working place.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 04:09:20 pm
You cautiously draw the restraint belt into place, hearing it click as the mechanism locks in. You take the odd trinket used to grant entry to the vehicle and to start the vehicle, and insert it into the ignition, turning it before backing out, and driving along.

You're less interested in the driving aspect of what you're doing as much as you're interested in the seeing aspect of everything you're passing. This place has sparse flora, the only grasses existing on the lawns of the homes you pass by. Otherwise, this place is dusty and filled with prickly cacti.

You drive into the city, which you know to be called "Phoenix." You take several turns, other motor vehicles going to their destinations as you pass by intersections and wait at stoplights. You drive into the parking lot of your workplace, stopping the car. You grab your purse, and walk inside.

The inside of the building is comfortably cool and air-conditioned compared to the outside. You walk through the halls, before arriving at the office that your cubicle is located in. You walk inside, walking past a few faces familiar to you, a few waving to you and saying hello as you walk by. You feel scared by the prospect of social interaction, and just before you find safety in your cubicle, a woman stops you.

"Hello, Megan" she says. She has brown hair, bluish eyes, and has a pleasant smile. "Running a little late today?" You know her as Karen, she's an acquaintance of Megan.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 04:14:35 pm
Freeze up for a few seconds, holding my arms very close to my body, before speaking.

"Hello, brown-haired Karen-person... No, I didn't run here, I used my motor vehicle."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 04:18:43 pm
She raises her eyebrows, seeming a bit puzzled, and for a few seconds you think that, somehow, SHE KNOWS.

"Oh, Megan, you're so silly!" she says, laughing. "Perhaps we can have lunch together today? There's a new sushi place that I've been looking forward to trying."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 04:27:20 pm
Try to imitate her laughter thing, and reply to her in human-fashion.

"Okay, I'll pursue this social thing. Does it involve eating?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 04:31:07 pm
She raises her eyebrows again at your imitated laugh. SHE'S FIGURED YOU OUT, SHE SAW THROUGH EVERYTHING!

"Is this Act Like a Space Alien Day? Oh, I know your game now! Hello, Megan human flesh sack, I wish to consume your brains for nutritional value, and then ravage your cities and take your leaders."

...You'd best get to your working now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 04:38:12 pm
"Yes... Yes... That's it... I will do my normal working things so that I can buy food, as normal."

Sit down and start "working."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 04:40:14 pm
Work, as you understand it, primarily consists of sitting in front of your computer, then looking at websites that you enjoy looking at while having your current project up on the other half of your dual-screen monitor, maybe working a bit on it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 04:46:33 pm
Try my best to look at these websites as efficiently as possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 04:52:08 pm
There are few items of interest on these websites that you weren't already aware of, such as the news of the mutant rebellion's advance in Washington, and celebrity gossip, but one link in particular on a blog site gets your attention...

The truck, the one you came here in. Someone took a picture of the crash.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 04:58:06 pm
Pause for a moment, and read any text near it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 05:03:20 pm
The person describes the crash...the driver was dead in the wreckage, and the vehicle was identified as belonging to PowellCorp...the crash was cleaned up by this morning, though.

You don't know much about PowellCorp, just that they're sort of like FrundTech, except not as notable.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 05:06:25 pm
"...Powell... Corp?"

Look up more about PowellCorp, and this crash, confused.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 05:12:20 pm
There's not much you can find on this crash, but you look up PowellCorp, their homepage describing them as a "company of science innovation and human advancement."

You wonder about them...you were being transported in a sealed container in that refrigerated PowellCorp truck, so that means you must be related to them...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 05:24:13 pm
Think about it for a few seconds, then take my mind off it by getting on with work.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 05:29:45 pm
You're working on coding a specific process for a program that your company promotes and sells. You start typing, and find it quite easy to go about doing various things to the coding, and before long, you find that it's time for lunch!

"You ready to go eat, Megan?" asks Karen. "I've been dying to try this place out! This is a good way to celebrate Friday!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 05:35:03 pm
Try talking in a human style, imitating something I remember off the top of my head.

"Yes. It's Friday... We're required to "get down" on Friday... Aren't we?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 05:41:32 pm
"Exactly! Now come on, let's go!"

You grab your purse before heading out with Karen, taking a walk through the city instead of using your motor vehicles.

You see the aforementioned "sushi restaurant" up ahead. You enter with Karen, and seat yourselves at a table.

"Hello, welcome!" says an Asian waitress, coming up to you. "What may I start you off with?" she asks.

"I'll have a diet coke," says Karen.

The waitress turns to you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 05:47:59 pm
"...A... diet... coke... please."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 05:52:03 pm
"Certainly," says the waitress. "I'll be back soon with your drinks!"

As the waitress heads off, Karen looks over the menu. "I don't know...I'm planning on getting the edamame for an appetizer, but I can't decide on whether to get the spicy tuna rolls or a plate of calamari..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 05:56:11 pm
Suddenly realise I have a selection of exotic creatures at my disposal.

"Which of these animals is the most agile?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 06:00:58 pm
"Agile? I wouldn't know, they're mostly just fish. Why, does that matter to you?" Karen asks.

The waitress comes back with two glasses, setting them down next to the both of you. The glasses are filled with a bubbling brown drink, filled with cubes of ice. Inserted into the glasses are slim, hollow cylinders that you recognize to be "straws."

"Are you ready to order, or do you need more time?" asks the waitress.

Karen looks at you. "Well, I think I know what I want. What about you, Megan? Do you want eggdrop soup? The house rice? Maybe a dish with crab meat?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 07:30:37 pm
Remember that crabs are things with shells and claws, both of which are good.

"Yes. Crab meat, please."

Remember what people do with coke, and insert the straw into my nostril, snorting a little.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 07:35:01 pm
You snort a little coke up your nose, causing you to cough and splutter as the fizzy drink goes through your nasal passage into your throat. Both the waitress and Karen give you weird looks.

"Only crazy people eat here," mutters the Asian waitress as she walks away with your orders.

"Megan...are you feeling okay? I mean, you've been acting really weird today, and it's kind of starting to worry me. Did you hit your head or something?" asks Karen.

SHE KNOWS, SHE'S FOUND YOU OUT.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 07:42:23 pm
"I'M MEGAN, I SWEAR!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 07:48:28 pm
Karen seems taken aback by your sudden outburst.

"...I...okay, Megan...just calm down!"

...You can't trust her...she's going to tell someone of your true nature! You need to silence her, perhaps later in private...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 07:55:35 pm
Sit quietly, thinking chicken thoughts, finding life as a farm animal so much simpler.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 08:01:22 pm
It would be much more simple being a chicken, but you think you'd soon find it extremely boring compared to what you're experiencing now.

The waitress comes back with the dishes you ordered. "Alright, for you, the spicy tuna rolls," she says as she sets a plate of tuna rolls in front of Karen, "and for you, the crab!" She sets a plate of crab meat sushi in front of you. "And on the side, edamame," she says as she sets down a bowl of vegetation pods, not unlike pea pods, but containing beans of some sort.

"You ever had edamame before? Try it, it's good!" says Karen, taking a pod and squeezing on it, popping the beans out, into her mouth.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 08:05:16 pm
Nearly panic, realising that Megan hasn't had them before. Try them anyway, hoping to apply the knowledge of eating peas.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 08:08:59 pm
You apply pressure to the pod, causing one of the beans to pop out, bounce off your face, and fall to the floor. You try again, with enough success to get it into your mouth.

It tastes a little salty, but other than that it has little flavor. You're not exactly sure about the appeal behind eating these is, but you're extremely interested in the crab you've ordered, knowing that you'll be able to utilize that.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 08:13:54 pm
Set the pod down, and start eating the crab, trying to figure out the right utensils.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 08:17:07 pm
You've been provided with an odd set of sticks, which are supposedly how Asians eat their food. Megan was never any good with them, though, so you decide to use the fork instead.

You shovel the dish into your mouth, finding it quite delicious with the brown liquid sauce that was also provided to you. You dip a bit of it in a green paste, delighted in the heated sensation it brings in your mouth.

"Whoa, take it easy on the wasabi, Megan!" says Karen. "I didn't know you had such a tolerance for it!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 08:21:58 pm
"Yes... I do have a tolerance for washibi... Because I'm Megan, and I always have..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 08:26:21 pm
Karen gives you another odd look before getting up. "I have to go to the restroom, I'll be right back!" She walks off towards the restrooms.

Now's your chance.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 08:34:07 pm
"I need to, as well."

Follow her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 08:37:04 pm
She heads into the restroom, checking her face in the mirror a bit, before heading into one of the stalls.

You know how to go about going to the bathroom, but you find that you don't feel the need to go to the bathroom at all. Most likely, your unique digestive system eliminates the need to go to the bathroom at all.

But enough about going to the bathroom...you need to accomplish something...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 08:47:32 pm
Knock on the stall-door gently.

"Can... I talk to you in there? It's important."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 08:49:04 pm
"Okay, Megan, seriously, what is wrong with you!? Get away!"

She seems hostile, and you're hurt by her outburst at you. You don't think she'd be understanding.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 09:00:07 pm
Revert to my normal form, and quickly slide under the door, reforming into a Megan-crab hybrid, and trying to crush her throat with my pincers before she can scream.

"You figured me out, didn't you? I can't let you tell anyone."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 09:08:22 pm
In the few moments before you silence her for good, she has a look of great terror on her face.

"...What...are you..." she says in her dying breaths.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 09:16:30 pm
"I was a rat, and then I was a snake, and then I was Megan, and I did Megan things. But you knew I consumed Megan, so now I must consume you."

Finish her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 09:26:51 pm
She goes limp as you crush her windpipe.

The meal's ready to consume...now you can be Karen, and you can make sure you don't make the same mistakes that you did as Megan.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 09:46:38 pm
Consume every last trace of Karen, and dissolve both sets of clothes, before turning into a rat and leaving the restaurant.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 09:47:46 pm
As you consume Karen, you slowly come to realize that she had absolutely no idea that you were an impostor, just that you were acting weird.

You turn into a rat, easily slipping out of the restaurant. Wherever you go now is up to you, but you know that both Karen's and Megan's things are in their purses, in the restaurant.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 09:58:58 pm
Realise Megan's keys are in there. Find somewhere hidden to turn into Karen, before realising I'm naked.

Run into the restaurant, grab the purses, and run out as quickly as possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 10:00:54 pm
You hear a scream from the waitress as you run in, streaking, before running out.

You're going to have to find a way to do something about the key situation, and fast!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 10:06:33 pm
Hide somewhere nearby, and see if I did leave the keys in the purse.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 10:10:35 pm
Both purses have a fair amount of keys and other valuables in them. As you look through them, you get an idea. You think you could easily store these in your body, since they're inorganic materials. That way, you can get away from here discreetly while keeping everything with you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 30, 2012, 12:54:45 pm
Turn back to the blob, and absorb the bags, before turning into a rat and running back to Megan's car.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 30, 2012, 12:55:49 pm
You become a rather bloated rat.

You take a route back to Megan's car, making it there in a modest amount of time.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 30, 2012, 05:05:42 pm
Turn into Megan, and get into the car, trying to drive home while avoiding traffic, not wanting to cause a scene being spotted like this.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 30, 2012, 05:24:13 pm
You make it home without event, and proceed to head inside.

Well, you're guessing a few people might have some questions for you later about Karen, seeing as you were the one who was last with her. That, and there might be something interesting in the paper tomorrow.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 30, 2012, 07:05:55 pm
Wander into the kitchen, and find a kind of meat I haven't eaten yet in the cupboards.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 30, 2012, 07:12:42 pm
There's chicken, you've already eaten that.

Beef? No, you've had that too.

Turkey...ham...yes, these are two kinds of meat you have yet to consume.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 30, 2012, 07:15:27 pm
Try to prepare both turkey and ham into one meal, disregarding other ingredients, or clothing for that matter.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 30, 2012, 07:16:25 pm
You simply throw the slices of meat onto a plate and put it in the microwave, using your cooking skills to create a dish of hot meat.

Yes, it looks deliciously steamy as you set it down in front of you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 30, 2012, 07:33:11 pm
Wolf it down, and become a part-turkey, part-ham.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 30, 2012, 08:24:03 pm
YOU ARE NOW THE HURKEY.

YOUR SQUEALING GOBBLE IS THE BANE OF YOUR PREY, EVERYWHERE.

Yeah, this form is kind of pointless. It seems people don't stock foods of animals that would actually be beneficial to you, all these common food animals are stupid and slow.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 30, 2012, 08:28:28 pm
Get an idea, and become a rat-snake-Megan-beef-chicken-crab-Karen-turkey-ham.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 30, 2012, 08:32:15 pm
IT HURTS TO LIVE.

You're kind of...just a useless pile of meat and appendages. This isn't beneficial in any way.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 30, 2012, 08:35:09 pm
Become Karen again, and get dressed, thinking about how Karen is different from Megan.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 30, 2012, 08:38:50 pm
You're Karen, not Megan. Karen is different than Megan, mainly with her eyes, and her talkative personality. You also know that Karen lives in a different house, with another person who she has gone through great lengths to live with.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 30, 2012, 08:48:50 pm
Get curious about this, and once finished dressing, drive to Karen's house.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 30, 2012, 08:52:42 pm
You drive Megan's car over to Karen's house, and you successfully pull Karen's keys out of Karen's purse. You enter the house, finding the abode to be quite comforting with a living area, kitchen, a few bedrooms, and an office.

"Honey?" the man you recognize to be Karen's husband says, turning around in his chair, looking away from his computer. "You're home already?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 31, 2012, 08:01:58 pm
Decide to imitate Karen's mannerisms, recalling how she tells blatant lies and laughs about them.

"I'm not home, dear! You're so silly!"

Try laughing again.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 31, 2012, 08:07:46 pm
You pull off what you think is a pretty convincing laugh, but your husband's reaction would indicate that it is not sufficient to fool the average human. You recall his name, Mark.

"Oh, so you're just stopping by for something? Well, what is it you need?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 31, 2012, 08:41:54 pm
Get slightly anxious, talking in quick bursts.
"I didn't have a reason. Do I need a reason? Do I need a purpose to enter my own home which is mine because I'm Karen?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 31, 2012, 08:44:55 pm
"Honey, just calm down," says Mark, getting up, walking over. "You just need a hug." He puts his arms around you, embracing you. "Don't worry about it, you can talk with me about your problems. We're open with each other!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on January 31, 2012, 08:54:37 pm
Try this "hug" and see what I think of it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 31, 2012, 09:04:47 pm
You hug your husband, and while it makes you feel somewhat secure, it also makes you feel more vulnerable to a sudden betrayal...but then again, how could this man even attempt to hurt you?

"Tell me anything, Karen. I'm here to listen."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 01, 2012, 07:56:55 pm
Become surprised that he's much more willing to listen than Karen. Realise that I have no similar situations in my human memories to compare this to, and guess it's okay to tell my new husband about myself. After all, he said anything, and he doesn't look like a liar.

"Well, if you say so... I... I accidentally killed the original Karen... I have her appearance and memories now... so... That makes me her, right?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 01, 2012, 07:59:56 pm
Your revelation doesn't go over nearly as well as you thought it would.

Your husband stops hugging you, and steps back. "Karen...you're...are you feeling okay?" He says, his hazel eyes filled with alertness.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 01, 2012, 08:06:28 pm
"...Why did you stop? Are you afraid of me? I told you it was an accident..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 01, 2012, 08:08:57 pm
"...Alright...Karen...you're...my lovely wife...Karen...just tell me more about how this happened." He's slowly stepping back.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 01, 2012, 08:16:54 pm
"...Karen and Megan's memories made me think people were nice... But you're already trying to run... I'll tell you what happened if you sit down..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 01, 2012, 08:19:26 pm
He complies, slowly sitting down on the floor. "Please...don't hurt me..." he pleads.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 04, 2012, 05:58:40 pm
"...I meant it as in you should sit on a chair, to relax, but okay, this works, I guess... How does a situation specifically work? A situation is something that just happens, not something that works or doesn't work. When I say it works, don't I just mean it's convenient? Why don't I just say it's convenient to avoid anybody getting the wrong idea?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 04, 2012, 06:09:20 pm
"What are you getting at? I don't know what you mean!" he says.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 04, 2012, 06:12:53 pm
"...I'm sorry, I'm straying from the original point of this conversation, assuming of course that a conversation has to have a point in order to be a conversation... But now I suppose the point has been changed now... Is it strange to have a conversation about the conversation we're having? Well, I suppose now I'm having a conversation about how I'm having a conversation about the conversation we're having, and now it's a conversation about how I'm having a conversation about how I'm having a conversation about the conversation I'm having, but regardless of how many times I continue this, I'll always be one step behind it since I'm already having the next step by saying it... That's odd... It's like X equals X plus one, and that doesn't make sense at all..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 04, 2012, 06:17:12 pm
"Answer me this. Who are you really?" asks your husband.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 04, 2012, 06:24:37 pm
Suddenly look at him again, remembering why I started talking to him in the first place.

"...I would spend ten minutes answering that question, but... I suppose the quick answer is that I don't know... I woke up in the desert next to a crashed PowellCorp van, and sensed the organic material of a squashed rat. I spread myself over it, and consumed it. I dug a hole until nightfall, then moved for the bright, shiny lights I now know were the city. A snake tried to eat me, but I consumed it. I found my way into a house, and saw a large creature, which I immediately tried to consume. It was Megan, Karen's co-worker. I went to work as Megan, and I enjoyed it until Karen asked me to go to a sushi restaurant. She started getting worried about me when I tried snorting coke, asking what was wrong, and got scared of me when I insisted I was Megan. I thought she was onto me when she went to the bathroom, so I had to kill her to make sure she didn't, as anyone would do in my position. After I used the genes I acquired through my dinner to turn into a crab monster, I severed her head with a pincer in the bathroom. While consuming all trace of her body I got her memories and realised that she had no idea what I really was! It was all an unfortunate accident, and I apologise."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 04, 2012, 06:29:47 pm
He seems confused, but speaks anyway.

"...Show me your true form."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 04, 2012, 06:32:49 pm
"The term 'true form' is a very odd one. I can't define which of my forms is more justified than any other, considering I'm Karen, Megan, a crab, a pig, many other things, and... something else... I suppose by true form you mean the thing that has no other name, or you would have used that name, so I'll show you it."

Turn into my first form.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 04, 2012, 06:40:16 pm
He seems amazed as you reveal your original form, your clothes falling to the floor.

"This...so...you're not even human...Are you some kind of mutant?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 04, 2012, 06:54:16 pm
Turn into Karen, with the skin of a snake, claws of a crab, feet of a chicken, and tail of a rat.

"...Maybe I am. I don't quite know. Do PowellCorp work with mutants?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 04, 2012, 07:06:35 pm
"PowellCorp? I haven't a clue what that is...you're...you're unlike anything I've ever seen or heard of...What do you plan on doing?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 04, 2012, 07:18:38 pm
Look at him curiously for a moment, before opening my mouth to speak, but not saying anything. Close my mouth again, and put a finger on my chin, thinking.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 04, 2012, 07:24:12 pm
"...Could you please...kind of turn into something less disturbing?" he asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 04, 2012, 07:27:43 pm
Shrug, and turn into a snake with rat fur, and Karen's head.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 04, 2012, 07:30:00 pm
"...That's not what I meant..."

Your husband gets up. "...So, my wife is dead, then? I...I just didn't see this happening at all..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 04, 2012, 07:34:25 pm
Turn into Megan, thinking he might be disturbed by me being Karen for some reason.

"...Well, yes, I suppose she is dead."

Try to comfort him.
"It's okay, I'm sure you can find a new mate."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 04, 2012, 07:38:25 pm
"...It doesn't work like that. If you really did eat Karen, you'd know how it feels...our love...please put some clothes on."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 04, 2012, 07:43:10 pm
Look down.

"Oh, I see. Social taboo and whatnot. The waitress wasn't happy when I ran back for my purse, but these things can't be helped."

Go look for Karen's wardrobe.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 04, 2012, 07:44:25 pm
You ignore the pile of Megan's own clothes on the floor and head for the bedroom, opening your wardrobe.

You've got a selection of clothing in here, but you now that you should choose something not-so-expensive, given your propensity for losing clothes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 04, 2012, 07:47:54 pm
Put something on at random, and find Mark again.

"What do you think I should do?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 04, 2012, 07:50:48 pm
"What exactly do you mean?" he asks. "What you should do right now, or...what you should work towards? If you mean right now...I'd suggest going back to work. If you mean what to work towards...I don't know...and my God, what are you wearing?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 07, 2012, 08:04:05 pm
"...Aren't these a normal, human thing to wear?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 07, 2012, 08:25:23 pm
"Well, sure," he says, "but you see...your clothes don't match. Like how you're wearing those pants with that shirt? The colors kind of...look really bad together. That, and you're wearing gloves and a hat, it's 90 degrees outside! And those flip flops are out of place as well...it's complicated, but...it just doesn't look good."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 07, 2012, 08:30:59 pm
Get a strong urge to kill, but quickly calm down, taking a deep breath.

"...I'm new to this. Explain these human concepts of fashion..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 07, 2012, 08:34:52 pm
"Here...I'll show you," says Mark, getting up and leading you back to the bedroom. He opens the drawers, looking fora few "matching" articles. He takes out a white shirt with odd off-white circle things running down the front, and he also pulls out a pair of the blue pants that you have become familiar with. "Put these on," he says, rummaging through the drawers still.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 07, 2012, 08:39:48 pm
Remember to take off some clothes first, before putting the new ones on.

"You're odd."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 07, 2012, 08:43:46 pm
"What do you mean?" he asks, pulling out soft white foot coverings and hard outer foot coverings. "You're the oddest thing I've ever seen...I...I still can't believe that my wife is..." he exhales, handing the clothing to you before picking up an odd bottle of liquid. "Stay calm, it's just that you don't really smell too nice, and Karen always...well, here." He sprays some of it on you, an unfamiliar scent wafting up to your olfactory sensors.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 07, 2012, 09:04:04 pm
"Most humans wouldn't be helping me after I killed their mate. That's odd."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 07, 2012, 09:08:14 pm
"...In all honesty, I'm deathly afraid of you," says Mark. "I'm really sad right now...but at the same time, I don't believe that Karen's dead...maybe you're right...maybe you are Karen, and a rat, and Megan, and a snake, and everything else you are. I don't know...I..."

He leaks water from his visual sensors! There must be something wrong!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 07, 2012, 09:23:30 pm
Hesitate, but try performing a "hug."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 07, 2012, 09:28:58 pm
You initiate the hug this time, so you wrap your arms around him and squeeze lightly. He responds by putting his arms around you, sobbing. "I don't know what you are...and I'm not sure how I feel about you...but I don't want you to leave..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 09, 2012, 08:32:49 pm
Stay confused for a while, but then realise that I can abuse this weird human language to keep him from saying anything about me pretty easily.

"...I love you..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 09, 2012, 08:36:49 pm
"Y-you DO?" he asks. "I...I guess that's a good thing..." He keeps crying, before letting go of you, and lying down on the bed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 09, 2012, 08:43:02 pm
Become interested by what I just did, and think about how I'll capitalise on it, coming up with an idea that satisfies my very basic instincts.

"...Are there any of those areas filled with imprisoned exotic organisms nearby?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 09, 2012, 08:44:27 pm
"You mean...a pet store?" asks Mark. "Well...sure, there are several in the area...but why do you want to eat pets?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 09, 2012, 08:56:50 pm
"I think it's called a menagerie... No, a zoo. That's it. I have no real goal, but I feel the need to collect more DNA..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 09, 2012, 09:02:25 pm
"The zoo?" he asks. "Well...it's about a half hour drive from here. I suppose that you could go there...but how do you think you'll get in and out without getting caught? How long does this 'eating' process take, anyway?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 11, 2012, 09:47:06 pm
"...I suppose that wouldn't be simplistic... I just feel the need to... do."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 11, 2012, 09:52:53 pm
"There's safer ways to spend your time, certainly. I still have a lot of questions," says Mark.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 11, 2012, 09:59:26 pm
"I've already told you my entire life story, but I suppose you can try asking more. Go ahead."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 11, 2012, 10:04:19 pm
"So...how does it work? How much do you need in order to transform into somebody?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 11, 2012, 10:08:35 pm
"I don't know. I've only devoured things whole, so far, with the exception of human food. Let me test something."

Turn to gloop, and find the bed, looking around for Mark's skin flakes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 11, 2012, 10:13:25 pm
As you absorb tiny scraps, you become sure that this simply isn't enough! You'd need a lot more.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 11, 2012, 10:27:49 pm
Reform, putting my clothes back on.

"Skin flakes don't work."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 11, 2012, 10:38:33 pm
You simply align yourself with the clothing in such a way as to have it settle into place around you as you take shape.

"Well...that's unfortunate," he says. "So...how much can you remember from...eating Karen's brain?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 11, 2012, 10:45:36 pm
"Either everything she's ever thought or just everything she remembered. It's not at the top of my head, though. Let me check the first part."

Try to remember Karen's birth.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 11, 2012, 10:48:54 pm
You don't remember that. You don't remember a lot of things, and only patches of her memories of today come to you. It seems your memory conversion process is not extremely efficient.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 13, 2012, 09:22:35 pm
"...Yes, I remember most of what Karen remembered."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 13, 2012, 09:27:38 pm
"That's good, I suppose," says Mark, sulking. "Well, that's all the questions I needed answered. Go on and...do whatever you were going to do."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 13, 2012, 09:30:32 pm
"...I'm not sure what I intended to do."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 13, 2012, 09:37:40 pm
You recognize that Mark is depressed, and from Karen's memories you identify that a good way to cheer Mark up when he's depressed is to engage in a standard human mating session.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 15, 2012, 02:43:04 pm
Don't bother saying anything, and figure out what this thing is as I go along.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 15, 2012, 02:56:12 pm
You remove your clothes, since that's usually the first step.

"Uh...what are you doing?" asks Mark as you start attempting to remove his pants.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 15, 2012, 08:38:25 pm
Continue.

"You're depressed. I remember you like mating."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 15, 2012, 08:49:47 pm
He gives you a look that you identify to be a mix of horror and disgust. "WHAT!? No, Karen! Not like this! Alright, just..." He brushes your hand off of him, and zips his pants. "...Maybe I should give you a lesson in decency."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 16, 2012, 11:02:19 am
Stop, a little confused.

"Uh... Alright. Start that, then."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 16, 2012, 11:44:10 am
"Um..." he looks around. "Alright, first off, don't get naked in public, and don't just do it in private, either. That's all for today."

Mark gets up, and heads back to his computer, leaving you alone for now. Odd, normally he isn't the one to resist such advances.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 16, 2012, 04:51:28 pm
Shrug it off, then tune into all my instincts, trying to figure out what I want to do.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 16, 2012, 04:58:25 pm
You get mixed responses, but the strongest instinct right now is to consume, so you should probably going about doing that in some way. After you get redressed, of course. Decency and all.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 16, 2012, 05:59:22 pm
Consider whether my desire to consume outweighs Karen's feelings for Mark.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 16, 2012, 06:04:26 pm
You're very split in that matter. While you could go out and have some nice meals, you'd be abandoning Mark for that period of time, who is currently not in a normal emotional state. Karen wants to console him...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 16, 2012, 06:06:23 pm
Contemplate the third option of simply consuming Mark, and ending his depression.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 16, 2012, 06:11:50 pm
You still require a male form...but Karen is strongly opposed to that option. You are also somewhat indecisive, seeing as you've spent the time to reveal yourself to Mark on top of resisting the urge to eat him...but he looks so delicious...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 16, 2012, 06:23:50 pm
Look through what I have of Karen's memories, trying to decide whether Mark is of any use whatsoever.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 16, 2012, 06:29:02 pm
He "works from home," but Karen came to understand that as being a burden. She didn't think highly of his occupation, and thought it was impractical and childish. Their incomes were notably different, Karen making more than Mark.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 18, 2012, 08:24:45 pm
Bring in Megan's opinion as a tiebreaker.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 18, 2012, 09:55:10 pm
Megan thinks this husband character is lazy and would much rather see him be consumed than continue being useless.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 18, 2012, 11:08:31 pm
Reach my decision, and revert to my normal form once again, finding my prey.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 18, 2012, 11:16:50 pm
The prey is back at the computer, whittling away his time. He doesn't expect or notice your silent entrance. Who would, really? You're designed to hunt, and consume. That is your purpose, is it not?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 03:41:05 pm
Take the opportunity to practice consuming as silently as possible. Leap towards his face, and try to suffocate him completely as his face melts away.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 03:46:13 pm
Muffled screams escape him as you envelop his face. You slide up his nostrils, and into his mouth, blocking off his airways as you dissolve his head. You think you're getting better at this, considering that this conversion takes less time than Karen's or Megan's did. Mark stops moving, and you feel his being added to your own...

You think Mark is happy now, because he is with his wife Karen again. In fact, he IS Karen now. They are one, everything within you is one, you are everything you have consumed, you are happy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 03:57:38 pm
Turn into Mark, and find some male clothes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 04:05:50 pm
You went through the trouble of preserving Mark's clothes during this transformation. It wasn't too hard. You dress up, and find yourself alone now in this house, its inhabitants having become parts of you.

You suppose you can do whatever you want now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 04:10:13 pm
Look through all my human memories combined, and try to remember any particularly interesting humans who live in the area.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 04:19:06 pm
There aren't too many interesting people from what you remember, but you shouldn't have to be too choosy to find something interesting to consume. Mark confirmed that there was a "zoo" near this habitation. You could try going there...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 04:30:53 pm
Get into Mark's car, and figure out the way there.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 04:35:27 pm
There's a helpful device in this car that Mark knows how to use. You recognize it as a "GPS." You simply type in your intended destination, and it tells you where to go! You arrive at the zoo after a moderate drive. You check to make sure that you have Mark's wallet and cell phone, and indeed, you have those two items. Unless of course, you aren't planning on infiltrating this place in the usual way, by paying money to gain entrance to observe the animals. In that case, you have a number of other forms to use.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 04:43:41 pm
Decide to practice normal human behaviour by paying the fee, and entering.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 04:48:26 pm
You walk up to the main entrance, a few people standing at the park gates. This is where you pay to enter.

"Hello, welcome to the Phoenix Zoo. Entrance costs $15 for adults," says a bored-looking man.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 04:51:12 pm
"Yes. I will pay the human adult fee, as is normal."

Sift through my pockets until I find fifteen of these so-called "dollars," and hand all of them to him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 04:57:17 pm
You find two pieces of paper, one with a 10 and one with a five, which you understand to be the equivalent of 15 of the regular pieces of paper with ones on them. You hand them over, and the man prints out a ticket, handing it to you. "Enjoy your visit to the Phoenix Zoo, sir," he says. He also hands you a map of the zoo, showing where all of the exhibits are.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 05:00:54 pm
Take both of them, but disregard the map, and look at the exhibits in no particular order.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 05:04:33 pm
You head about, noticing that there are a few birdhouses, exhibits of exotic lizards, monkeys, polar bears, a few giraffes, gorillas, large cats, and many other animals that you can't immediately recognize. They all look so delicious...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 05:31:37 pm
Enter the restrooms, and turn to goo. Dissolve the clothes, and store my phone and wallet inside me. Turn into a rat, and sneak over to the bird-houses. When nobody is around, turn back to normal, and slip into them, doing my best to consume one of every kind of bird.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 05:35:58 pm
There aren't many patrons today, so you easily slip into the birdhouse, though the size of Mark's possessions hinders your movement and your infiltration. The birds scatter from you as you wrap yourself around one of them, and you find that it will be difficult to catch these animals. they seem to scatter about and chirp at you as you try to catch them, simply flitting from branch to branch as you draw near.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 05:39:45 pm
Consume the bird I wrapped myself around, and turn into a rat with its wings, and snake fangs. Try to fly after and bite the remaining kinds of birds.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 05:44:22 pm
You get into a brief skirmish with the other birds in this cage, until you manage to fell them all. These birds are rather colorful, you note, and if any zookeepers pass by this area, they might notice something amiss.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 05:51:36 pm
Quickly get to work consuming all trace of their bodies, and turn into a rat again, moving onto the gorillas' enclosure, and observing the surroundings.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 05:56:41 pm
The gorilla enclosure is heavily surrounded by trees, and a strong cage. You know that a gorilla is somewhat like a human, but is much larger and stronger. There are at least five gorillas in the cage.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 06:02:12 pm
Slip into the cage, and wait for one of the male gorillas to be well-hidden behind the trees, before striking. Just in case it can pull me off, slide into its respiratory system and consume it from the inside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 06:06:20 pm
You think this is a much more efficient way of consumption. The gorilla is in pain as you consume it, but soon enough, its insides have been converted into black tar, and you're finishing up consuming its hide. This conversion took about 10 minutes, but you feel that it will be worth it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 06:15:15 pm
Leave the cage and turn into a rat again, moving for the polar bears' enclosure, and looking at that.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 06:19:54 pm
You find the polar bear enclosure, observing several bears swimming about in a pool of water inside of it. You're not entirely sure how you feel about water. It's difficult for you to move around in it, and it might hinder your consumption process.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 06:24:04 pm
Enter the enclosure when nobody is looking, and wait for one of the bears to swim close to the edge of the pool. Slither onto its back, and quickly across it, into its nostrils, and into its lungs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 06:28:49 pm
The bear struggles, and then roars. You eat away at its lungs, but soon you sense a zookeeper approaching!

"WHAT THE HELL!?" he yells before running away. You've been found out! THEY KNOW! HE'S GOING TO ALERT EVERYBODY!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 06:31:39 pm
Quickly manage to calm down, realising that he's only seeing a dying bear. Take advantage of the fact that he's running away, and escape the exhibit, before turning into a bird and flying away as fast as possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 06:33:32 pm
It's sad, you didn't manage to consume enough of the bear to satisfy your conditions. You fly away from the exhibit, landing on a rooftop.

You might want to lay low for a while if you're going to stay here.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 06:37:17 pm
Get an idea, and fly to a graveyard.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 06:39:47 pm
You try to find a graveyard, and you take quite some time before you finally do manage to track one down. You land in the midst of many tombstones.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 08:39:11 pm
Turn into a rat, and burrow into a random grave. Turn back to normal, and slip into or dissolve through the coffin, consuming the corpse.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 08:42:30 pm
You dig into the grave.

Upon consuming whatever's left inside of here, it becomes apparent that there's not enough left for you to take the form of whoever this was, or draw any knowledge.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 08:56:03 pm
Climb out, and scurry around until I find a recent grave, and try that.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 09:01:54 pm
You find a more recent grave, and you try that.

This person lived to quite an old age, so their body wouldn't be as useful as others. That, and you don't get very much knowledge from them either.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 09:11:23 pm
Give up on the dead, and decide I need a more subtle bird form. Fly around until I find a crow on top of a building, then slither up from behind it, and consume it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 09:13:33 pm
You fly around, noticing just how colorful this bird is, before finding a more common type of bird, a raven, on top of a roof. The bird seems to be minding its own business until you come along, and wrap yourself around it, causing it to quickly break down, granting you a safer bird form.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 09:21:40 pm
Fly back to Mark's house, to leave the wallet and cell phone, and check the local news on TV to see if the missing animals and freakishly dissolved bear are causing mass panic.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 09:24:53 pm
The news hasn't picked this up yet, but you wouldn't be surprised if there's something a bit later.

But you start to wonder. Exactly how much can you consume before somebody notices? Should you keep consuming?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 09:35:22 pm
Wonder what else I could be doing apart from consuming.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 09:48:33 pm
You'll have to come to some sort of conclusion on that, but you doubt that anything could happen in a few days that could possibly completely change your way of life.

You notice it's getting late. You should try your hand at this "sleeping" thing humans enjoy doing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 09:54:48 pm
Go to sleep, planning to figure it out in the morning.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 10:01:15 pm
You enter into an odd state of consciousness...you can't move your body...

Memories, hazy hallucinations play out in front of you. They collide, and replay, distorted. You are Megan, snorting coke in front of a bewildered Karen, who is petting a bird. Mark is also there, driving a car inside the restaurant. That's just silly, why would he do that? But you also see another Karen strutting about nakedly, which you find odd. In addition to that, the restaurant is actually a jungle.

You wake up, hearing the sound of breaking glass.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 10:05:55 pm
Quickly turn into a rat, and look for the source of the noise.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 10:07:00 pm
You turn into a rat, looking around a bit before seeing a shady figure entering your house through a broken window! They must be trying to steal Mark and Karen's things!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 20, 2012, 07:32:29 pm
Turn into a gorilla (with Mark's vocal chords) behind him, and drive him to the ground.

"Are you trying to steal from me? That's a bad thing to do. I've decided I don't like it when people do bad things to me. Why would you do that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 20, 2012, 07:47:33 pm
"The...fuck?" the intruder gasps out. "Get off me!" He emits a sudden burst of force, causing you to stumble backwards! He quickly gets up, before eyeing the refrigerator. As you get up, you notice the refrigerator slide across the floor, falling toward you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 20, 2012, 07:56:15 pm
Become awed at this display.

"CONSUME!"

Turn back to normal, darting across the floor, up his body, and into his lungs as fast as possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 20, 2012, 07:59:31 pm
You melt down, but the man keeps enough distance on you to emit another phantom push against your form! "The hell is this!? You don't seem like a normal mutant!" He directs your form towards the broken window, throwing you out, making a break for a different exit!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 20, 2012, 08:09:45 pm
Turn into a raven, and stalk him from above.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 20, 2012, 08:13:49 pm
The man runs out the front entrance, heading across the street before disappearing into a small ravine and into a tunnel.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 20, 2012, 08:20:42 pm
Land, and turn into a rat, moving quickly down the tunnel.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 20, 2012, 08:27:02 pm
The man's still running, but he's slowed down considerably, seeming to think he's safe. You catch up with him as he exits, starting to walk along a road.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 20, 2012, 08:38:09 pm
Keep following him patiently, for as long as it takes, well aware that I slept more recently than he did.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 20, 2012, 08:42:23 pm
He eventually makes it to a small motel, pulling out a key to a room, and walking inside, closing and locking the door behind him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 20, 2012, 08:54:14 pm
Find a clock in the reception area, and wait until two in the morning.

Head to the door once again, and turn back to normal, sliding under the door or through the keyhole. Find his bed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 20, 2012, 08:59:10 pm
You slowly slide under the door, squeezing through into the darkened bedroom. You sense the man in here, along with someone unfamiliar to you...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 23, 2012, 02:44:56 pm
Silently slide over to them, and turn into a gorilla, with the carapace, head, and pincers of a crab. Crush both their skulls.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 23, 2012, 03:08:17 pm
You turn into a freakish monstrosity, but as you bring down your arms you are sipped by some sort of invisible shield! Your marks jump up.

"I KNEW IT FOLLOWED ME HERE!" says the man, him and his companion running out the door!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 23, 2012, 04:56:54 pm
Quickly transform my vocal chords to Mark's.

"WHAT ARE YOU? I NEED TO KNOW!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 23, 2012, 05:01:32 pm
The man's companion, who seems to be a women, begins calling for help. They run across the parking lot. "LEAVE US ALONE AND I PROMISE I'LL NEVER TRY TO STEAL AGAIN!" the man shouts.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 23, 2012, 05:09:10 pm
"IT WASN'T MY STUFF! I NEED TO KNOW HOW YOU MOVE THINGS WITHOUT TOUCHING THEM!"

Turn into a raven, remembering that Mark would be naked, and follow them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 23, 2012, 05:13:11 pm
The man looks at you in shock as you transform, nary missing a beat. "ISN'T IT OBVIOUS!? AREN'T YOU A MUTANT!?" he shouts.

They get into a motor vehicle, not bothering to follow proper motor vehicle etiquette by buckling themselves in, and zooming backwards out of the parking lot at a dangerous speed!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 23, 2012, 05:15:42 pm
Fly after them, hoping they get stuck in traffic. If they get out of sight, fly higher.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 23, 2012, 05:24:00 pm
It's two in the morning, so there isn't much chance of that happening. However, as they zoom out of the parking lot, a car passing by slams into them! Both cars lie wrecked in the middle of the street, but you're not sure if anyone survived or not.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 23, 2012, 05:43:40 pm
Quickly fly down, and inspect the scene.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 23, 2012, 05:49:46 pm
You fly down to inspect the crash, seeing that there is a wounded driver in the car that crashed into the people you were chasing. The male gets out of his car, seeming to have a broken leg. You notice that people are coming out of their motel rooms to see what all the yelling and the crash was about.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 23, 2012, 05:59:44 pm
Fly onto the roof of the car, changing my vocal chords to Mark's again, talking to the male quietly.

"...You shouldn't have driven so quickly, especially after asking a question. Even I know that's against human social etiquette... Even if we aren't human... Am I a mutant, then? I don't know. Aren't mutants those things that live in Washington and kill people? I don't live in Washington..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 23, 2012, 06:04:57 pm
The man grunts as he slowly drags himself away, the woman falling out the other side, miraculously uninjured!

"You're unlike any mutant I've ever even heard of...the mutation's spreading, and somehow it got here, to me...and to her...please, don't kill us..."

Something about this man makes you less ready to consume him. Is it...sympathy? You're still confused when it comes to human emotions.

"Sir, are you okay!?" asks a man, rushing over.

"My leg's broke...just call an ambulance!" the man says. The other man rushes back. The woman, meanwhile, walks over to console her companion.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 23, 2012, 06:06:35 pm
"...What's the emotion you get when you don't want to eat somebody? I'm confused..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 23, 2012, 06:10:20 pm
"What!? You were going to EAT us!? What can you do, anyway!?" the man asks as sirens sound in the distance.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 01:42:23 pm
"I consume organisms, thus taking their bodies and memories for my own use. At first I thought it was simpler just to devour you to find out who you were, but it seems that in this case that's more difficult than just engaging in human dialogue."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 01:59:04 pm
"...I think it's worthwhile continuing this conversation later...I'm assuming you'll be able to follow us?" he asks, ambulances pulling up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 02:22:03 pm
Caw, and fly onto a nearby building, following the ambulance from the sky.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 02:35:42 pm
You personally think you do a good job of imitating the normal behavior of a common raven. You watch as the man is lifted into the ambulance, the woman entering as well. Authorities arrive to inspect the crash, and stick around and ask some questions. The ambulance takes off, and you follow until it stops at a building you recognize as a hospital. The man and woman are offloaded and taken into the building.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 02:42:07 pm
Fly around the building, looking for any sort of vent I can slip into using my normal form.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 02:44:54 pm
There are many vents, and you easily find one nearby the unloading dock. You slip inside, slithering along the vents as you watch hospital staff wheel the man through the hallways, before coming to a stop in a larger room, with medical equipment and basic tools. They begin to give him an inspection, examining his legs and looking for any other traumas inflicted upon him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 02:55:10 pm
Look around for any small, empty rooms storing medical equipment. Enter it, and turn into a rat, hiding and waiting for a staff member to enter.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 03:00:05 pm
You look around before hiding inside a medical supply closet, a doctor entering after a while. He looks around, grabbing several things.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 03:29:40 pm
Turn to my normal form, and jump onto his face. Slide in only as far as his windpipe, consuming him while trying to stop any air from getting through at all.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 03:34:20 pm
You jump on, and quickly start suffocating the doctor. However, in his wild struggle to get you off, he picks up a syringe, popping the cap off and jamming it into you! You shrivel and burn as the pharmaceutical moves through you, causing you to drop off and melt somewhat, unable to properly move as your entire system burns! The doctor yells, running out of the closet!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 03:47:04 pm
Panic, and try to escape as quickly as possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 03:49:49 pm
This drug...it hurts you. You slowly move up the wall, slipping into an air duct before just lying still and waiting for the effects to wear off. You hear activity in the supply closet below you, it sounds like a group of people is moving around. They're talking about you, you think.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 06:37:56 pm
Wait for the pain to stop, seeing what the situation is after that.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 06:48:24 pm
"So, what are you saying? This thing was some kind of mutant?"
"It was some kind of black gelatinous mass! It jumped on my face and blocked off my airways! See this residue right here? It probably came off of that thing."
"Collect some samples of this...we're contacting the proper authorities."

After a while, everyone leaves. You're unsure of the situation, but luckily the pain has gone away.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 07:22:28 pm
Realise I must hide my existence at any cost.

Remember the mobile telephones aren't allowed in hospitals. Decide that cutting power to the hospital would interrupt any calls about me, and cause mass panic as life support was shut down, which would distract them from me.

Slither around the vents, looking for any power supplies I can find.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 07:27:18 pm
You slither around, moving through the vents for a while, moving through many rooms, seeing many people, but not finding any power supplies. That is of course until you move downwards, eventually finding what you think might be a power generator on a basement level.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 07:41:47 pm
Make sure nobody's looking, and leave the vent. Turn into a gorilla with snake scales to avoid leaving fur, and quietly rip several vital pieces off the generator.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 07:43:37 pm
You tear off the outer cover, revealing the generator's inner workings. You bring your fists down onto it, only to be delivered a devastating shock as you once again collapse back into mush! IT HURTS...PAIN IS YOUR REALITY AS THE ELECTRICITY RUNS THROUGH YOU!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 07:55:33 pm
Slowly reform into a rat with crab claws for front legs, and find some cables I can cut, instead.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 08:05:41 pm
You're unsure about how you'll reach any cables, the wires probably run underneath the floor or something, seeing as you can't find any exposed ones.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 08:14:38 pm
See if there's anything obvious like a switch nearby.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 08:16:12 pm
No obvious switches, no exposed wires...just a few large generators responsible for powering this hospital!

You figure the word's out by now...they know about you...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 08:27:33 pm
For the first time, feel like a failure. Slide back into the vents, and look for the man I followed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 08:30:27 pm
You head back into the main hospital, finding the room that they took the man to. It appears that they've given him a leg cast, to help his leg heal properly. They wheel him out, into a room, where the woman that was with him is waiting. They set him down on the bed, and a bunch of doctors linger around before leaving him alone.

"Have you seen that thing, yet?" he asks.
"No," says the woman. "I haven't."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 08:42:17 pm
Climb down as a rat, and talk quietly.

"I tried to absorb a doctor to get easy access to you, but he injected something into me... I tried to destroy the generators before he could call the authorities, but it was no good. I've been exposed..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 08:45:04 pm
The two look at you as you move down the wall, and onto the floor.

"Well, this is great," says the man. "The last thing I need is a hospital record...well, that and getting caught. Listen...um...what's your name?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 08:52:59 pm
"Megan, Karen, and Mark. Yours?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 08:55:27 pm
They both look puzzled.

"Um...Justin," says Justin, lying back.

"My name is Belle," says Belle. "Um...I'm assuming that those are the names of several people you've...devoured? I don't think it's entirely appropriate."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 09:00:25 pm
"They're all a part of me now, so I don't see the issue. Do you have a better suggestion?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 09:02:18 pm
"Well...I suppose you should decide your own name, I don't have any good ideas," says Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 09:07:44 pm
"How long until you get out of here? Whatever your goals are, this isn't very productive."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 09:17:54 pm
"I should be out soon...and when I do get out, well, I guess you'll follow us," says Justin.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 09:37:30 pm
"Is that okay?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 09:41:07 pm
"You're as odd as us," says Belle, "I think it is."

You see a doctor approaching! QUICK, HIDE!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 28, 2012, 01:41:37 pm
Suddenly melt, and slide under the bed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 28, 2012, 02:26:08 pm
You easily slide under, the sound of activity above you.

"Hello, sir. My name is Dr. Feldwin, and I'm here to tell you that you should be in condition to be released by tomorrow morning. I just need you to fill out this paperwork and then we'll be good to go, alright?"

"Yeah, thanks, doctor," says Justin.

The doctor walks out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 28, 2012, 02:31:11 pm
Continue hiding underneath, just in case.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 28, 2012, 02:38:14 pm
"...It's safe to come out now," says Belle.

You come out, Belle having closed the door. "So...is there anything you want us to know about you?" she asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 28, 2012, 02:41:57 pm
Turn into the raven again.

"All I know about what I am is that I escaped from a PowellCorp van after it crashed in the desert."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 28, 2012, 02:47:19 pm
"PowellCorp...the second-rate version of FrundTech," says Justin. "Um...if that's true, then I'm guessing it's PowellCorp that made you...but you say you escaped from a crashed van? Interesting. If you were on that van...perhaps they were transporting other things as well?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 28, 2012, 02:52:15 pm
"...If you're sure I was created by PowellCorp, there is one way to find these things out..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 28, 2012, 02:56:01 pm
"How so?" asks Belle.

"Please tell me it doesn't involve eating someone," says Justin, rubbing his forehead.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 28, 2012, 03:15:17 pm
"Everything good in life involves eating someone. If I eat a PowellCorp employee, I can get into their headquarters, where I can devour my way up the corperate ladder. Eventually I'll have either knowledge of or access to information about myself."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 28, 2012, 03:31:47 pm
"I don't think PowellCorp employees exactly advertise who they work for..." says Belle.

"How would we even find one?" asks Justin. "I mean, it's a big city."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 28, 2012, 03:43:04 pm
"Do they have any buildings here?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 28, 2012, 03:46:45 pm
"Maybe," says Justin, "but I think, like FrundTech, they've been downsizing ever since the Seattle crisis. They're really unpopular, so they're losing business."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 28, 2012, 03:52:31 pm
"Seattle? A city in Washington, right? What happened there? It was something about an outbreak."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 28, 2012, 04:01:01 pm
"It's where all of this mutant business started," says Justin. "Alright, a few months before that, there was a breakout at this FrundTech facility out in the middle of Washington, and that's where the Mutant Rebellion started. They were led by Omega, this ungodly powerful mutant. Seattle soon began to see mutations in its populace, and as more and more of the population became mutants, FrundTech was put on the spot by the government to help contain it. They surrounded the city, put a quarantine on it, and used force to deal with the violent mutants. You see, the crime rates started going through the roof, gangs of mutants began forming, and FrundTech was there to put a stop to it...but they failed, because they couldn't stop it when they didn't know what was causing it. The city was soon destroyed...not sure how, but somehow the mutants just...destroyed the city. Seattle, just wrecked...now I fear it's happening in Phoenix as well."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 28, 2012, 04:05:59 pm
"So, are you mutants? You're in some way telekinetic, but what about you, Belle?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 28, 2012, 04:26:17 pm
"I can turn to iron," she says, "but I won't do it here."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on February 28, 2012, 04:29:50 pm
"That's probably a good idea... What do we do until tomorrow?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 28, 2012, 04:38:59 pm
"Get some sleep...it's almost four in the morning," says Justin, lying down. Belle does the same.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 01, 2012, 05:09:16 pm
Turn into a rat, and hide under the covers, trying to get some sleep.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 01, 2012, 05:21:53 pm
You become a rat, burrowing under the covers and quickly falling asleep...

Dreaming...you're...Karen? Yes...you're sitting at a dinner table with Mark. He smiles at you, and you're enjoying salads. Everything seems perfect...they've got a home, they've sorted out their own jobs, but suddenly the skies darken, and the ground beneath them turns to a thick black sludge. It begins to consume the landscape, engulfing everything around them, leaving them on a floating island, adrift in an endless ocean of black. The sludge begins to creep up, sticking to Mark and Karen, dissolving them, swallowing them...

You wake up, feeling an odd emotion of vulnerability...what is it? Fear?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 01, 2012, 05:25:15 pm
Become extremely confused at the difference in emotion between my human parts and my natural instincts, trying to wake myself up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 01, 2012, 05:29:15 pm
You climb out, Justin and Belle still sleeping, the hospital is quite active outside the door. It's morning, about 9:00 AM.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 01, 2012, 05:34:54 pm
Continue hiding, scared of doing anything in this hospital in case everyone carries syringes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 01, 2012, 05:38:52 pm
Justin yawns, turning over, his face brushing against your body. He opens his eyes, then sits up. "God...do you really have to do that? Get away before you ingest me or something, personal space!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 01, 2012, 05:41:09 pm
"I don't want them to find me here. They have syringes."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 01, 2012, 05:45:48 pm
"Fine, maybe you'd have better luck hiding outside, then? We should be out of here soon, you shouldn't have to wait long. Belle?"

Belle moves. "What is it?" she asks, yawning.

"Could you open the window so our friend can go outside?"

"Sure..." she slowly gets up, opening the window. Justin motions for you to get out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 01, 2012, 05:50:08 pm
"Will you be at the same place you stayed last night?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 01, 2012, 05:52:52 pm
"Sure," says Justin. "We need to go back for our stuff. Now get out of here before someone comes in!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 01, 2012, 06:05:55 pm
"Thank you, friends."

Turn into a raven and fly away, happy to have such reliable friends. Go to the motel, and wait for them inside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 01, 2012, 07:01:42 pm
You fly back to the motel, slipping under their door and into their room. You can see that they packed bags, as well as several sets of clothes. The beds are unmade from last night, and you note that there are some packets of some kind of food lying on top of a drawer.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 04:04:46 pm
Decide to practice a human skill by making their beds for them, and turn into Mark, wearing some of Justin's clothing, trying to make sure it matches.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 04:11:34 pm
Justin's clothes fit comfortably, so you go ahead and wear them. You make the beds, but you're not quite sure if it worked out too well.

They're not back yet, you feel a new feeling suddenly, that of a dissatisfaction with your current activity...boredom?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 04:14:40 pm
Look at the food, to see what it is, and try eating it out of the packet.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 04:19:28 pm
The food is chips. You open up the packet, eating some with your mouth. The chips are greasy, and are flavored to taste like some sort of sauce, which the bag tells you is "BBQ." They taste okay, you think.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 04:28:09 pm
Think for several minutes about whether my new idea is too absurd to try, but then give in and attempt to become a potato.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 04:31:49 pm
You think you're a potato, until you realize that you're just lying curled up on the ground with your eyes closed. Perhaps vegetables and tubers are beyond your scope of transformation. You don't think being a potato would be too advantageous, anyway.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 04:36:47 pm
Get up, and look for something else to do in here.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 04:40:57 pm
There's a small bathroom with a shower inside. You're not sure what your deal with hygiene is, but you might want to consider washing off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 04:45:43 pm
Decide that it may help this boredom thing, and follow Mark's normal hygiene routine.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 04:49:21 pm
You shower, finding the feeling of warm water on your naked body to be quite pleasant, and you wash your hair off with shampoo.

You know Mark normally doesn't take too long to shower off, but you find yourself staying in here for well over an hour, until you hear the door to the room open.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 04:52:16 pm
Decide it's polite to stop, and turn off the shower, stepping out and beginning to dry myself.

"Hello."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 04:53:42 pm
It's Justin and Belle, back from the hospital.

"Hey, what did you do while you were waiting for us?" asks Justin, a cast around his leg.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 05:09:26 pm
Put Justin's clothes back on.

"I made the beds, ate chips and failed at becoming a potato, and discovered that looking after Mark's personal hygiene is most enjoyable."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 05:18:54 pm
"That's...interesting," says Belle.

"Well, our car's wrecked, and I want to skip town before I have to answer for any of this. I'm looking to start walking, but unfortunately, my leg's smashed," says Justin. "You might be useful in helping us acquire a means of getting out of here..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 05:36:55 pm
"I can. I have three motor vehicles."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 05:41:14 pm
They both look at you disbelievingly. "You do?" asks Justin. "Well...would you mind retrieving one and bringing it back here?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 05:46:53 pm
"Okay, which one would you like? I have..."

Describe Mark, Karen, and Megan's cars in great detail.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 05:53:13 pm
"You're giving us too much information," says Justin. "Just go and get any of the cars, it doesn't matter which one. Like...Megan's, I guess."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 06:00:56 pm
"The more information one has, the better. I'll go get it, once I can remember where I left the keys."

Fly to Karen's house, and look around for Megan's keys.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 06:06:13 pm
You left the keys sitting in Megan's pants which you left sitting in a pile of Megan's clothes in Mark's office. You take the keys, and you put Megan's other important things in her purse.

You pass by the window that Justin broke earlier, and suddenly find yourself thinking off on a tangent about the news and how interesting it must be. They must be talking about what happened at the zoo, the crash in front of the motel, and the incident in the hospital. It must be getting interesting...

You hear a thud in the basement.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 06:13:11 pm
Turn back to normal, and slide under the door to the basement, looking around.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 06:16:30 pm
There are a bunch of overturned boxes, and a man in dark clothing standing in the middle of the basement. You can't discern much about him, but he seems to know what he's doing as he quickly heads up the stairs!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 06:25:29 pm
As his head becomes level with the top of the stairs, leap at him, trying to slip my entire form in through his nostrils as fast as possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 06:27:11 pm
He certainly reacts fast, melting into a black ooze almost exactly like yours and reforming behind you! He alights his hands, shooting a jet of flame at you, growling!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 07:32:23 pm
Quickly dodge the fire, turning into a crab-gorilla, changing my tactics after what he just did.

"You're like me! Why are you like me?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 07:39:28 pm
"Subject Tower 001, you are to desist attacking immediately. I have been sent to retrieve you," it replies.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 07:43:26 pm
"Subject Tower? Retrieve me? Who sent you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 07:46:17 pm
"Your creators have sent me," says the man. "You had the misfortune of running off after you were lost to us in the desert. However, I shall bring you back so you may properly be introduced as a member of the PowellCorp family."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 07:52:57 pm
"...A... family..? That sounds pleasant... but I have... I have friends relying on my return."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 07:57:16 pm
"Friends? Really? Well...perhaps we could make them a part of the family as well? It wouldn't be hard. You'd just have to show me..." says the man.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 05, 2012, 12:58:47 pm
Think carefully.

"...Family is good... but I should ask them, first."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 05, 2012, 01:45:34 pm
"Feel free to lead the way, Subject Tower 001. I shall follow." The man continues standing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 08, 2012, 02:05:30 pm
Think for a bit, then find no problems in this logic. He seems perfectly friendly, after all.

Turn into Mark, and put my clothes on.

"Okay. If Subject Tower 001 is my name, what is yours?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 08, 2012, 02:14:55 pm
"I have been commanded not to dispense that information. Now show me to your...'friends.'"

This thing is like you, but can shoot fire...you wonder what else it can do.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 08, 2012, 02:21:13 pm
Start twitching a little.
"Wait, why can't you tell me? I don't like not knowing things. When I don't know something it makes me want to devour everything I can until I do, and that's not the best thing to do in this social situation."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 08, 2012, 03:16:14 pm
"You may be able to know after you show me your friends," it insists. "Until then, cooperate with me or I am forced to use excessive force in order to achieve your compliance."

Did it just threaten you?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 08, 2012, 05:20:06 pm
"...You don't sound friendly at all... What kind of family threatens the other people in it? My friends are nice to me even after I tried to eat them!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 08, 2012, 07:12:15 pm
"...I am sensing that you're being difficult. Fine, if that's the case, we can just go. We don't need your friends anyway."

That isn't reassuring!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 11, 2012, 09:13:54 am
Realise that I won't be able to drive with him attacking me, and hope that my friends can deal with him as easily as they dealt with me.

"We will drive to my friends and discuss this with them."

Get into the car, wait for him to get in, and begin to drive back.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 11, 2012, 12:04:18 pm
You both get into the car, and you start driving back to your friends.

Something interesting that you notice about your counterpart is that it was able to melt and reform while keeping all of its clothes. You haven't been able to do that, perhaps he could help you with that problem?

You pull back into the motel parking lot. It gets out, and you get out as well.

"Lead the way," it says.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 11, 2012, 12:13:48 pm
Start walking to the room.

"How do you change your form and keep your clothes?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 11, 2012, 12:22:58 pm
"Training and concentration. You will come to learn of it."

You reach the room, standing at the door. It waits for you to open the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 11, 2012, 12:40:39 pm
Open the door, and walk in, closing the door behind me once he follows.

"Hello. This mutant is from PowellCorp. He's like me but he can shoot fire. He says he wants to induct me into his family but I think it sounds like it might really be a bad thing."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 11, 2012, 12:47:53 pm
"The fuck!?" shouts Justin before the mutant liquefies, bounding across the room before Justin manages to telekinetically grab it, hurling it out and slamming the door. Belle turns into iron.

"Um, Mark, Megan, whatever! WHO IS THIS AND WHY DID YOU BRING THEM HERE!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 11, 2012, 04:04:40 pm
"I NEED TO KILL HIM AND I NEED YOUR HELP!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 11, 2012, 04:10:06 pm
"WHOA WHOA WHOA, ALRIGHT, HOW!?" screams Justin.

"That thing's like you, right? How would we kill you?" asks Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 11, 2012, 04:14:36 pm
"I DIDN'T THINK THAT THROUGH! I DON'T LIKE FIRE SO MAYBE HE DOESN'T!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 11, 2012, 04:18:16 pm
"I don't know how we're going to fight him!" shouts Justin.

"I've got a bucket of ice!" says Belle, grabbing an ice holder off of a table, that happens to be filled with ice.

Now that you think about it, you don't like ice a whole lot either.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 17, 2012, 07:13:52 pm
"Ice is bad, but he's probably leaving to get help, now!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 17, 2012, 07:30:29 pm
He slides under the door again, only to receive a bucket of ice to the center of mass! Your adversary cringes, retreating as the ice makes a notable mark in his exterior!

"He's running!" says Belle.
"So...that thing was another you?" asks Justin.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 17, 2012, 07:43:17 pm
"He was in Mark and Karen's basement, and after I attacked him he revealed his true form. He called me Subject Tower 001, and said my creators had sent him to retrieve me, to be properly introduced as a member of the PowellCorp family. I told him my friends were waiting for me, and he offered to induct you, as well. I told him I would need to discuss it with you, because I don't know what your opinion on families are, because I know that some humans don't like families for several reasons, which is why some mating couples use contraception. I don't know whether you use contraception, but Belle doesn't seem pregnant, so it's possible unless one or both of you is impotent, in which case it's still possible, but unlikely. I know these words and how they relate, but I'm unsure what they actually mean, and that confuses me, like why he couldn't tell me his name when I asked. When I asked him why he couldn't, he threatened to use excessive force, which made me wonder whether this was a nice family, since you're only my friends and you don't try to hurt me. I knew we couldn't drive with him trying to retrieve me, so I took him here so that you could hurt or kill him."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 17, 2012, 08:32:19 pm
"Well, you could have just told us the short version. It's not going to be easy living with...whatever that was, chasing us." Justin sighs.

That thing could make its own clothes. You'd like to do that.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 17, 2012, 08:35:14 pm
While Justin's talking, take off my clothes, and try my hardest to eat them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 17, 2012, 08:54:42 pm
Justin is about to say something else, but he stops and stares while you try to ingest your clothes. Belle screams and covers her eyes. You begin to feel something...you're doing something...socially unacceptable?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 18, 2012, 08:41:34 pm
Stop for a moment, then reform and put my clothes back on, feeling strange.

"...He could form his own clothes... I was seeing if I could do the same..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 18, 2012, 08:44:28 pm
"Well...I wouldn't know how it would work. But if I understand you, I don't think you would be able to eat something like clothes and be able to replicate them like that. I don't know, maybe if you concentrated really hard?" asks Justin.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 18, 2012, 08:53:30 pm
Take off my shirt, and focus as well as I can, trying to recreate it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 18, 2012, 09:00:08 pm
You focus quite intensely, imagining your shirt, and the way it would normally cover your human body. Several moments pass before you notice your form begin to change, your torso distorting slightly as it begins to take on the color of the shirt, mimicking the qualities of the fabric.

You're now wearing a shirt! You can't remove it, it being a part of your form, but it covers you up quite nicely, and you're certain that nobody would be able to tell the difference between this shirt and a real shirt! It takes a bit of concentration to maintain it, however.

"Huh...interesting," says Justin.
"I'm glad you're sorting that out, but don't you think we might want to get out of here as quickly as possible before that thing comes back?" asks Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 18, 2012, 09:06:35 pm
Stop concentrating on the shirt, and put my old one back on.

"That is the logical thing to do. I will drive."

Go outside, and get into the car.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 18, 2012, 09:08:55 pm
You stop concentrating on your shirt, and it disappears, revealing your normal torso underneath. You put your real shirt back on.

Upon walking outside, you notice that the car you brought seems to be missing key components that would allow you to drive it. Namely, a functioning engine block. It seems the hood has been smashed, and the engine is no longer functional.

"That thing did this? Holy shit," says Justin.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 19, 2012, 07:48:44 pm
"Should I quickly retrieve another vehicle?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 19, 2012, 07:53:13 pm
"Fine, fine, just get us out of here! It was hard enough running away from you, I don't want to run away from some trained version of you!" says Justin.

Wait, you see...vans? The logos on the side look familiar, you've seen them somewhere before...

"Shit! They're coming!" says Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 19, 2012, 08:02:07 pm
"Is it possible for us to kill them all if we are strategic?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 19, 2012, 08:07:05 pm
"I don't know what's inside of those vans, but if it's more yous, we're not going to last long!" says Justin.

Belle turns to iron, standing tall. "I've got a plan already." She starts running into the street, facing the vans head on!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 19, 2012, 08:29:36 pm
Turn into a raven, and fly low overhead, ready to capitalise on Belle's actions.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 19, 2012, 08:33:41 pm
The van brakes to a halt, but Belle effortlessly smashes through the windshield, taking out the driver and the guy in the passenger side seat. She scrambles around the side, pounding a hole into the van with her fists as the back doors open, two people coming out.  The other van stops, and six people get out, running over towards the first.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 19, 2012, 08:46:34 pm
Turn into a crab-gorilla, with raven wings on my back. Swoop down into the soldiers from the second van, and try to smash as many skulls as possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 19, 2012, 08:51:10 pm
You swoop down, one of the attackers turning around, tentacles shooting out of his back! He grabs your leg, and pulls you out of the sky! You hit the ground, and three more of the people start to gang up on you with odd powers! You're skewered by needles, hit with heavy impacts, and you see a man dressed up in an odd suit which covers his entire body. He's wearing some kind of tank on his back, with some kind of hose in his hands...

...IT'S A FLAMETHROWER.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 19, 2012, 08:58:52 pm
Turn into a rat, scampering as fast as my little legs will carry me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 19, 2012, 09:05:52 pm
You turn into a rat, the group around you moving apart as a blast of searing flame is released, passing over you, causing you to melt back into a puddle from the heat alone! This is bad!

But wait, Justin appears to be manipulating the flamethrower! The hose wiggles around in the man's arms, before firing off, frying the mutants around him! Belle runs in, and beats the man down, finishing him off with a move you recognize as belonging to the sport of professional wrestling, a DDT! She puts the man in a headlock before jumping backwards, hitting his head on the ground! She stomps on him repeatedly, and he stops moving.

"...I think we won," says Justin, looking exhausted.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 12:53:31 pm
Form a mouth, to speak briefly.

"Thank you for that. I really, really don't like fire. But I do like genetic material, and there's a lot here, some of it very interesting! Cover me!"

Start consuming all the soldiers, starting with the tentacled one.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 01:00:06 pm
You start eating the tentacles soldier, following it up with the needles one. You get an odd feeling from these specimens, their genetic material is unlike any you've had before!

Unfortunately, the rest are too charred for you to extract sufficient amounts of genetic material, and the hazmat suit guy got his head exploded by the throw Belle used on him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 01:08:13 pm
Turn into the tentacled mutant, and then the needled one, paying attention to how their bodies are different, and what I've learned about PowellCorp from them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 01:13:45 pm
The tentacles mutant has six tentacles, four in his back and two in his wrists. They're quite strong and flexible. He's built solidly.

The needles mutant is much thinner and more agile, and can shoot needles out of his body.

You don't learn much, just regimens, training, extensive programs...the mutants at PowellCorp seem well-disciplined.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 01:24:55 pm
Concentrate, trying to turn into a gorilla with a crab shell, head, and claws, raven wings, tentacles, and needles.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 02:02:41 pm
You concentrate for a while, achieving a form to that effect, but you highly feel that this form is too cluttered, to convoluted, not efficient for these powers you can use. You could manage more by utilizing less of these features.

"People are watching us! We need to get the fuck out of here!" says Justin, sprinting off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 02:05:31 pm
Turn into a raven, flying after him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 03:07:19 pm
You and Belle follow, running through alleyways, and into the same route that Justin took to escape you. You come to rest in the tunnel, Justin panting.

"The shitstorm is really going to start now," he says.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 03:28:49 pm
Turn into Mark and create some clothes, giving Justin a reassuring pat on the back with a tentacle, since it's more efficient than using my arms.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 03:37:25 pm
This clothing ability will be extremely useful, along with the tentacles. You pat Justin, he brushes your tentacle off, still exhausted.

"We need to hole up somewhere, then get the hell out."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 04:01:51 pm
"How do you propose we do so? Will they be likely to block the roads?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 04:21:38 pm
"Alright," says Justin. "First up...I don't want to leave my friends here. I know what's coming, nobody forgot Seattle. What we need to do is find a place where we can hide while we get into contact with them, and then we get a ride out of here before the city goes on lockdown. One mutant means there's a lot more, so they'll react with severity."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 04:28:07 pm
"What if I devour somebody who owns an apartment and a van, without leaving evidence?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 04:30:57 pm
"...Okay, um, whatever your name is, Mark or whoever you are. Listen, you need to learn about morality. Killing people is almost always wrong, and it isn't the solution to everything, so please, don't go off and devour somebody just for their things," says Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 04:38:25 pm
"But I was designed to kill. It's not wrong. It's like a snake eating a rat."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 04:42:52 pm
"Well, there's a difference between a rat and a person!" says Belle.
"Belle, come on, it's just so easy, and it could save our lives!" says Justin.
"Oh, so that makes it okay? Just like how you said it would be okay to go steal from somebody just so we could get by? No! I don't want any part in this, not at all!" Belle begins walking off, angrily.
"Belle, no, please, come back!" shouts Justin after her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 04:46:41 pm
"This social situation confuses me. I'm unsure why she's risking her survival over this, whatever this is."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 04:52:10 pm
"Belle! Belle!" Justin starts walking after her, but she starts running in response.

You're left confused, all by yourself.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 04:56:31 pm
Turn into a raven again, flying after them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 04:58:50 pm
Justin catches up to Belle, but Belle turns her fist into metal, socking him hard enough to knock him down! He stays down, stunned at the strength of the blow. Belle keeps running, across the ditch and through the city streets, just running until she tires out. She starts walking eventually, Justin far behind.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 04:59:54 pm
Turn back into Mark, remembering to put clothes on.

"I don't understand what just happened. I don't like not understanding things."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 05:05:31 pm
"It's wrong to kill people...you have human intelligence, why can't you figure that out?" she asks, huffing. "And get used to it...there's a lot that people don't understand."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 05:07:23 pm
"But when I kill people, they become a part of me, and I understand them. The more I devour, the closer I am to knowing everything. It's nice."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 05:13:26 pm
"But if you keep killing people...that makes you a monster. Just because you understand them doesn't mean it's okay to kill them! You're robbing them of everything by doing that. They don't have a choice in the matter!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 05:21:17 pm
Look at her strangely.

"But I am a monster."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 05:24:35 pm
She doesn't seem to know what to say to that, so she just keeps walking. You're starting to anticipate what she'll do, she seems quite predictable now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 04:12:54 pm
"If you leave, I won't know what to do and Justin will die."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 04:16:40 pm
"Oh, I doubt that. Justin seems to know how to take care of himself! In fact, why don't you go steal somebody's apartment for him like you two were planning?" She increases her walking speed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 04:35:59 pm
Stop walking after her.

"I want to get away from here as soon as possible, but he's not moving and I'd have to drag him with me. The fastest way I can take him with me is by absorbing him."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 04:42:20 pm
"I don't give a shit about what you do with him! And frankly, I don't like you, either!"

 She turns a corner.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 04:50:25 pm
Narrow my eyes, deciding that she isn't a friend to myself or Justin after all. Revert to my normal form, and slide up the building. Drop down on her from above, and enter her lungs before she can turn to metal.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 04:56:51 pm
You prepare to ambush her, climbing a building and awaiting for her to pass underneath. You drop down, and she flails about as you enter her nostrils and slide down her throat. Unfortunately, she becomes metal, rendering your attempts to dissolve her worthless!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 05:22:42 pm
Stay inside her lungs, wondering if she can stay like this forever.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 05:31:16 pm
She growls. "GET OUT."

You're not quite sure what she's doing, but soon you find that it's getting really hot in here...she's heating up somehow!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 05:44:16 pm
Putting my trust in my squishy form, turn into a gorilla inside her lungs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 05:50:56 pm
You try to expand, but as you hit the walls of her lungs, you feel that you cannot expand further! In addition, the feeling of sizzling heat from the walls makes you burn, a most painful state of being! You have to get out!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 06:08:11 pm
Quickly slide out, and turn into a tentacled gorilla.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 06:21:32 pm
You remove yourself so you may better utilize your form.

She doesn't hesitate, punching you in the gut! It's surprisingly painful.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 06:23:14 pm
Try to hold her still with both my tentacles and hands, and try to slam her into the ground.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 06:32:45 pm
You slam her hard, causing a large indentation in the ground, but all it seems to do is stun her!

People around you take notice and start running away, screaming.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 07:47:41 pm
Continue slamming her, hoping to eventually knock her out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 07:54:50 pm
You slam her several more times, but she breaks free and manages to hit you several more times, causing you to keel over! She delivers a devastating kick to the back of your head, causing you to lose your form!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 07:56:44 pm
Reform as a raven, and fly above her, shooting needles at her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 08:05:17 pm
She seems unfazed as she starts running off! She's getting away!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 08:07:59 pm
Grow tentacles, and try to snare her, and fly upwards.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 08:14:57 pm
She is beyond your reach! She escapes into a building!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 09:21:53 pm
Fly back to Justin, feeling a new emotion, one that makes me want to kill Belle out of something else other than hunger.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 09:28:35 pm
Justin doesn't seem to be where you left him. In fact, he's not there at all! It's like he walked off or something.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 11:31:53 am
Fly onto a roof, and look for him, wondering what I do now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 11:45:00 am
You don't notice him out in the open, but you have a knack for detecting genetic material, and it's apparent to you that there's a trail of his genetic material leading into a grove, a nicely-shaded area.

You hear sirens in the distance. You're vaguely aware that they represent people who protect people from bad people.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 11:48:12 am
Decide that they can help, and look for the source of the sirens.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 11:51:43 am
It's back at the street that you fought Belle on. There are a few cars, about four men getting out and inspecting the area. They wear uniforms, and they're taking interest in the spot where you slammed Belle several times into the road. A bunch of people are gathering around as well, wondering what happened as one of the men directs them to stay away from the scene.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 12:20:28 pm
Slide down off the roof, and reform near the men as Mark, giving myself clothes as well.

"Hello. Are you the people who stop bad people? I think I might be bad, but I'm not a person. I'm several people, but I'm also several animals and I wouldn't call myself an animal. Somebody called me a monster... I think that works better. PowellCorp are bad, and most of them are people, though. Can you stop them?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 12:24:17 pm
They don't seem to notice that you appeared from nowhere, but one of the men confronts you. "Sir, I need you to step away from the crime scene. We're trying to ensure your safety, and we need to ask some questions to a few people so we know what happened here. Until then, you can stand on the sidewalk, just keep away from here."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 12:30:55 pm
"This isn't the crime scene. It turned out Belle was really a bad person and not really my friend, so I tried to devour her but she turned into metal and ran away after I slammed her into the pavement. The crime scene is where the PowellCorp vans were. They had flamethrowers and it wasn't very nice."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 12:34:56 pm
The officer looks at you, then walks over to the other officers and says a few words to them. One of the officers goes back to his car and starts talking on the radio, and the other officers approach you.

"Sir, what do you know about what happened across town?" one asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 12:49:30 pm
Suddenly become nervous.

"What were you talking about? What is he saying on the radio?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 12:50:41 pm
"We need to ask you a few questions," he says. "It seems that you know something about this. Tell us what happened."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 12:58:35 pm
"PowellCorp created me, but I got free, and now they're trying to kill me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 02:02:34 pm
"...Sir, are you saying that you're a mutant?" asks the officer, some of the others seeming unsure of where they should be standing upon the utterance of your last sentence.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 03:01:28 pm
"...I think so. Why?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 03:04:11 pm
"...We can help you. Just come with us down to the station, and we'll ask you some questions, and you can feel free to tell us anything you need to," says the cop.

Finally, someone who's willing to listen!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 03:13:10 pm
"That's very kind of you. Thank you. Should I get into the car, or should I fly there?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 03:16:01 pm
The officers move around, the first one still speaking to you.

"We'd prefer you get in the car. Don't worry, it's not a long drive. But first I'm going to have to ask to put these handcuffs on you. I apologize, it's standard procedure." He takes out a pair of shiny silver "handcuffs." You're not sure why he would have to put them on you. Judging by the way they function, you could simply slip right out of them!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 03:21:35 pm
Decide that he doesn't need to know that, since if it's only standard procedure, it shouldn't matter. Hold my hands out to have them cuffed, and get into the passenger seat of the car.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 03:26:24 pm
He puts your arms behind your back, securing the cuffs. You sit down in the back of the car, noting how there are barred windows separating this part of the car from the front. You watch as you're transported into the city, through the streets, before pulling up to the police station. The officers get out, helping you out of the car before escorting you inside.

You walk past desks, a bunch of people working away. You're escorted through the base, until you reach a few rooms in a concrete hallway. They open the door to one, and then direct you to sit at a table. Two officers enter with you, one sitting down, and one standing by the door. This officer seems to be older, with more experience. You note how there's a weird window behind him, you can't really see through it, but you think that others can see inside.

"Alright, hello, sir. My name is Officer Michaels, and I'm here to ask you some questions. First off, what can I call you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 03:29:47 pm
"I'm not sure, but I think Tower refers to all of me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 03:33:07 pm
"All of you? What do you mean by that?" asks the officer, raising an eyebrow.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 03:46:45 pm
"You're looking at Mark. I'm also Megan, Karen, two PowellCorp mutants, several animals, and my original self. I will use 'Tower' to refer to all of us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 03:49:56 pm
"...Could you...show us...Megan?" asks Michaels, sitting back in his seat.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 04:06:02 pm
"Why is this important? I'm here because you said you'd help me with PowellCorp."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 04:13:55 pm
"Well, I'd be more inclined to believe what you have to say if you were to prove that you actually are what you claim to be," he says.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 04:29:32 pm
"That's fair, I think."

Turn into Megan without turning into my normal form first, keeping my clothes and handcuffs on.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 04:35:01 pm
Michaels appears to be extremely interested in you now, as is the guy standing at the door. Michaels leans back, jotting a few things down on his notepad. "So, you can become other people? How are you all of these people and animals, exactly?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 04:46:39 pm
"I consume them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 04:50:11 pm
"You...consume them? So...you've 'consumed' several people and animals? What were you exactly before you consumed these things?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 04:55:06 pm
"I've proven I am who I say I am, but you're only asking more questions..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 04:58:08 pm
"...Alright, then. Tell us what YOU think is important. Go on, we're listening," says Michaels patiently.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 05:14:09 pm
"PowellCorp are bad people, and you need to protect good people against them. My absorbed memories tell me that that's what your job is."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 05:18:26 pm
"Okay, I've certainly heard about the mutant situation and everything, but what makes you say that PowellCorp needs to be stopped, exactly?" he asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 05:28:54 pm
"If they keep making mutants like me and letting them escape, they're going to cause a quarantine like in that other city."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 05:38:11 pm
"Wait wait, so you're saying that you escaped? We're aware that we've had some mutant reports...but how did you get out? From where?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 05:42:57 pm
"A van crashed in the desert recently. I was on it. Consuming a squashed rat next to it is my first memory."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 05:48:00 pm
"So you're saying that PowellCorp is planning to release mutants into the city of Phoenix by crashing vans outside of the city limits?" asks Michaels.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 06:33:19 pm
"No, but I've seen other mutants! They must be letting others escape!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 06:53:29 pm
"...That seems a bit much to jump to. Because the car that happened to be...transporting you, ended up crashing, you think that they're releasing mutants on purpose?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 07:17:15 pm
"No, they're just really incompetent... But that's not the point. They're bad people and they tried to kill me, and your job is to stop bad people."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 07:23:18 pm
"Look, I can understand your concern, but there's not much we can do about this, alright? I-"

There's a knocking on the door. The man standing at the door opens it.

"Let Michaels know that there are personnel from the Mutant Surveillance and Prevention Administration here to see...her."

Michaels looks at you, then back at the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 07:32:20 pm
"...Mutant... prevention? You're trying to... prevent me?!? You lied to me!"

Turn back into grey gloop, and leap forward, sliding into the officer's nostrils.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 07:37:10 pm
The officer jumps out of his seat, the man at the door jumping out as you hit the window. Michaels runs out, closing the door behind him. You can hear yelling outside, they're all conspiring! They didn't expect you to be this hard to take down!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 07:43:58 pm
Turn into a gorilla, and smash the one-way window, firing needles into the room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 07:49:52 pm
You smash the window, firing needles into several people standing outside, the rest running! As you step out, you see two men in biohazard suits wielding assault rifles!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 08:01:27 pm
Quickly grab the assault rifles with tentacles from my wrists, trying to yank them towards me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 08:04:51 pm
You yank the assault rifles away from them, causing them to scramble for their sidearms, which appear to be odd guns. They load in...SYRINGES?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 08:08:17 pm
Angrily try to grab their arms with my tentacles before they grab their weapons, running towards them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 08:12:04 pm
Your tentacles are full with the assault rifles! They fire off the syringes, which stick in you, filling you with an unpleasant feeling!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 08:14:49 pm
Turn into a rat, and dash through their legs, hoping to catch them off-guard.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 08:16:03 pm
You find it surprisingly hard to shift your form into a rat, and you start running! You get past them, but soon you find it difficult to hold yourself together...you feel all drippy...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 08:20:49 pm
Revert back to normal, and start quickly sliding away.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 08:25:54 pm
You're already reverted into slime, but you can't seem to get yourself to move! You...feel odd. Would the word be...faint?

You soon realize that you're not in the police station, you seem to be in...some kind of cylindrical container...a confined space. You look around, noticing that the container is secured in some kind of pedestal, with equipment around you. A few people in biohazard suits are in the area around you, performing various tasks. You think you're in some kind of laboratory. You think...you failed. They didn't take your warning, there's going to be a crisis in Phoenix! Mutants everywhere!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 08:32:31 pm
Try to turn into a gorilla, to break the cylinder.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 08:35:04 pm
You attempt to break out, but soon realize that this won't be a plausible option when you feel immense pain from trying to expand against the sides of the container.

One of the scientists taps on the container. "Subject Tower seems to be responsive. What should we do with it?"

"Well, ask PowellCorp for more technical information about it, this data is important."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 08:45:31 pm
Start sliding around the walls of the container, agitated.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 08:48:44 pm
You attempt to slide around, trying to get out, but it's clear that it's probably unfeasible to attempt it.

You feel a painful zap! "Calm down!" says one of the scientists, pushing a button to zap you again!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 08:54:54 pm
Turn into Mark's head.

"If you aren't PowellCorp, who are you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 08:59:17 pm
"That's not important. It's our job to prevent the spread of mutation and survey the mutant situation, and to better understand mutants, we're trying to understand you," says the scientist. "You're an astounding lifeform, you should be proud."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 09:04:27 pm
"The first thing you need to understand is that I don't like being kept in confined spaces and electrocuted. It's not nice."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 09:08:14 pm
"Well, we can't just let you out, knowing that you'd try to eat all of us if we did." The scientist writes some things down, still observing you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 09:12:12 pm
"I only try to eat people when I have to."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 09:14:19 pm
"Your behavior back at the police station was unacceptable. We won't let you out until you can prove that you're willing to be cooperative and reasonable."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 09:19:38 pm
"You sent men in hazmat suits with assault rifles to see me, and I reacted unacceptably?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 09:21:18 pm
"They only had to use those because you started to act unreasonably. You tried to attack that poor police officer! What kind of behavior is that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 09:26:16 pm
"He lied to me! I was perfectly justified! I can't remember what he lied about, but he did!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 09:34:20 pm
"You're sure of that? Subject Tower...you're acting like a child. Those aren't good manners you're practicing. In fact...I would call you a bad person."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 09:42:38 pm
Suddenly get very angry.

"I'M NOT A PERSON, THEREFORE HOW BAD I AM AT BEING A PERSON IS IRRELEVANT! ONLY PARTS OF ME ARE PEOPLE, SO ONLY PARTS OF ME ARE BAD AT BEING WHAT THEY ARE! YOU'RE WRONG!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 09:52:49 pm
"Ah, so you're not a person? Should we treat you as a monster, and keep you locked up in that cage? You have the mental faculties of a person, so if you aren't going to act like one, well, we'll have to assume that you're a savage animal...and we'll just put you down."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 03:05:27 pm
"STOP TWISTING MY WORDS AS IF THEY WERE PHYSICAL OBJECTS! WORDS CAN'T BE TWISTED BUT IF THEY COULD BE YOU'D BE DOING IT! I'M NOT A PERSON! I'M NOT AN ANIMAL! I'M NOT A MUTANT! I'M NOT A MONSTER! I'm... I'm everything."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 03:10:27 pm
"Everything, then? Well, that's great. I think we're getting somewhere."

Another scientist walks up. "We've prepared a more proper holding cell for Subject Tower. Be prepared to transport it there shortly."

The scientist looks back at you. "Would you like to see your room?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 03:15:40 pm
"It's not as if I have a choice, but there's a chance it's larger."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 03:56:29 pm
Your container is disconnected, and you're carried through hallways, down elevators, before being delivered into a room by way of vacuum tube. You slop onto the floor, seeing a basic apartment area, with a couch, chair, television set, bookcase, table, kitchen area, and bedroom.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 04:03:10 pm
Turn into Mark, clothing myself. Look around the room suspiciously, inspecting the bookcase.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 04:27:37 pm
The room seems standard for a little human living area. The bookcase seems to be stocked with...wait, it's not stocked with books! Just fake props that look like books!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 04:54:06 pm
Grunt in disappointment, and sit down, trying to turn on the TV.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 05:04:21 pm
Turning on the television, it appears to be airing some sort of show about weather. A man in a suit smiles as he stands in front of a map of the United States, colored in various shades of red, green, and yellow. He's pointing up towards the Northeast coast, talking about some kind of cloud formation.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 05:29:45 pm
Move closer to the TV, and watch in fascinated silence.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 05:35:17 pm
He's pointing out an area of "low pressure," he doesn't explain what that means, but apparently that has something to do with rain. He then moves back to your region, before disappearing from the screen, seven panels showing up with what appears to be the sun in most of them, sometimes with a few clouds surrounding it. It is the "seven-day forecast," and it shows the "highs and lows" for each day of the week.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 06:05:34 pm
Become confused by all of this, and wonder if the explanation exists within the television. Try dissecting it, looking at everything inside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 06:13:26 pm
You find the television to be quite uncooperative with you, but when you begin prying off the cover, you begin to sense an electric presence within the system! You draw back, knowing that you do not stand on good terms with electricity.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 06:44:31 pm
Give myself a snake's tounge just to hiss at it, then change it back and sit down again, seeing what the man on the coloured map has to say now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 06:50:21 pm
The man on the map is gone! It's switched over to a man and a woman, who seem to be covering things that have happened.

"In breaking news, the city of Phoenix is now on alert for mutant activity. According to the Mutation Surveillance and Prevention Agency, the best way to protect yourself is to stay indoors and drink bottled water..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 06:55:08 pm
Ignore it, and get up to inspect the kitchen.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 06:57:43 pm
You see that your kitchen area contains a refrigerator, pantry, microwave (hiss,) and stove (hiss.) Looking inside of the food containers, you see that you've got a number of canned foods, meats, and other things.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 07:06:14 pm
Instinctively look through the meats, seeing if there's anything I haven't eaten yet.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 07:08:09 pm
You've got some salmon, tuna...they don't have much that you haven't eaten, actually.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 07:12:18 pm
Decide to try fish, and try opening the cans by extending a needle from my finger, and cutting into it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 07:17:52 pm
You open the can easily this way, and expose the fish inside of it. It seems to be ground up, shredded, rather than in chunks. The smell is appetizing to your senses.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 07:28:52 pm
Eat it out of the can, and set it back down.

Based off the body of the tentacled mutant, try to make myself some kind of fish-man.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 07:31:47 pm
You chance, becoming covered in scales, feeling odd as fins pop up around your body, your hair disappearing, a head fin taking its place. You extend several tentacles from your back, which change to match the color of your scales.

You are also starting to find it quite difficult to breathe!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 07:34:44 pm
Quickly remove my gills, and add a human respiratory system.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 07:40:18 pm
You take a deep, nourishing breath of air. That was a close call.

"Subject Tower?" a voice asks over the intercom. It belongs to a woman. "How are your accommodations?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 12:03:10 pm
"There's an area with a couch, a chair, a table, a television, and a fake bookcase. There's also a kitchen area with food and several appliances in it. There's also a bedroom, but I haven't looked at that yet."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 12:57:40 pm
"That is good to hear. We are trying to make your stay as comfortable as possible. If you have a need for anything, do not hesitate to push the red button in order to contact us." She stops talking.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 05:00:23 pm
Find the button, and press it, seeing what happens.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 05:02:39 pm
"...Yes, Subject Tower? What is it?" asks the same woman.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 05:05:48 pm
"I'm bored, and the button looked interesting."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 05:10:47 pm
"Well, unless you need something, I must ask you to refrain from hitting the button for no reason," she says.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 05:44:30 pm
"But I'm bored. I do need something. I don't know what, because if I knew what I needed I wouldn't be bored."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 06:13:39 pm
"You are allowed to visit one specially-designed recess area for physical activities and recreation. If you wish to request a session now, we will ready the vacuum-tube transportation system for you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 06:58:45 pm
"That sounds interesting. Please do so."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 07:03:48 pm
A small canister is sent down, much like the one you were transported in here from.

"Melt yourself down and enter the compartment. We will transport you shortly."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 07:09:25 pm
Enter the cannister, as requested.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 07:13:48 pm
The canister shuts itself, and you're shot through the tubes. You don't get a good look at the surrounding system, but you can tell that it's somewhat intricate. The ride stops as you look upon a small playground, equipped with a basketball hoop, hanging bars, and a climbing tower.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 07:18:33 pm
Look strangely at the hoop, then search for the ball that goes with it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 07:20:01 pm
The ball is lying on the ground nearby. It looks like it should fit through the hoop.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 07:29:35 pm
Turn into the fish-man again, (With lungs) but base it on a gorilla's shape. Lift the ball up with a tentacle, and drop it into the hoop.

"...Did I win?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 07:32:19 pm
You fill out with scale, muscles, and tentacles. You don't get an answer, but you feel that this is what you're supposed to do when playing basketball.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 07:41:22 pm
Repeat it several times, wondering what the point of it is, then melt and climb up the tower.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 07:42:36 pm
You easily slide up the tower in your default form, but you think you might be cheating, somehow. This tower was constructed for people with arms.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 07:52:37 pm
Decide that being able to do it with no arms is even better, and inspect the "monkey bars."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 07:55:32 pm
These monkey bars are sort of like climbing the tower, except horizontal. You can climb across them just as easily in your default form, it seems.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 08:01:50 pm
"Hello? This area is too easy."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 08:04:59 pm
"If you are dissatisfied with recess area activities, then all we can offer you is a ride back to your room. This is all we are allowed to grant you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 08:11:52 pm
"But the room is just as uninteresting. Outside was interesting. Why am I here?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 08:17:00 pm
"You're here for rehabilitation and research assistance. Tomorrow we will start you on your rehabilitation training course, and the day after that you will assist with our research."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 08:19:40 pm
"...I don't like those vague terms."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 08:23:31 pm
"It is to save Phoenix from the bad people at PowellCorp. You want this," says the voice.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 28, 2012, 04:52:04 pm
"...None of what you're saying seems to have anything to do with PowellCorp..."

Glance around the room for any air vents, or any other small gaps I could slip through.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 28, 2012, 06:04:35 pm
They've seen to it that there aren't any plausible ways out of here for you. Maybe there's something in your room that you could use...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 28, 2012, 06:44:04 pm
"I'm unhappy. Take me back to my room."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 28, 2012, 06:53:47 pm
The tube comes down again, and you melt back into it.

You arrive somewhere else...but this doesn't look like your room. A young scientist expresses puzzlement as the container opens, you inside of it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 28, 2012, 07:10:14 pm
Reacting quickly, leave the tube and turn into the gorilla-fish. Grab the scientist's neck and limbs with my tentacles, and pull him apart, turning back to normal and cleaning up the evidence.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 28, 2012, 07:13:46 pm
There's one other scientist in the room, a male that seems to be a bit older. He looks over, screaming as he runs for the exit.

An alarm goes off. "WARNING," says the woman over the intercom, "ESCAPED MUTANT IN MATERIALS LABS. MUTANT IS IDENTIFIED AS 'SUBJECT TOWER.' DO NOT ATTEMPT TO APPREHEND MUTANT, MUTANT IS CAPABLE OF RAPID ABSORBTION AND ASSIMILATION OF MATTER, AS WELL AS SHAPESHIFTING."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 28, 2012, 07:19:11 pm
Quickly consume enough of the scientist to absorb him, and turn into a rat, running as quickly as possible towards the way out, using my new knowlege.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 28, 2012, 07:26:07 pm
You integrate Evan's knowledge quickly. Evan? Yes, that was his name.

You scamper towards the elevator, which should allow you to get out, but you find that the door won't open when you press the button! Red lights flash in the hallway, and papers are scattered on the floor as people run away from you. You have a feeling that it won't be long before men with fire and syringes show up...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 28, 2012, 07:29:33 pm
Pry the door open as a gorilla, then enter the shaft in my normal form.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 28, 2012, 07:35:51 pm
The shaft is quite weird, you find. It's unlike any elevator shaft that you've ever had knowledge of, cylindrical in shape instead of rectangular. You crawl upwards, but as you integrate more knowledge, you realize that you're fit with...some kind of tracking device? They put something in you to keep track of you should you escape!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 29, 2012, 03:35:23 pm
Continue escaping, feeling through my gooey body for anything that shouldn't be there.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 29, 2012, 03:47:27 pm
It's not a matter of finding a single device...nano-devices have been injected into you! Too many to extract out of yourself individually! You're going to have to find some way later of getting rid of them!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 29, 2012, 03:50:32 pm
Decide that escaping with the nano-devices is better than just sitting here, and keep moving.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 29, 2012, 03:55:46 pm
You slide out of the elevator onto the ground floor, the doors to the exit blocked by hazmat-suited personnel! They have flamethrowers!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 29, 2012, 04:05:05 pm
Find a vent, a window, or any other kind of alternative escape route.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 29, 2012, 04:08:36 pm
You scurry away as flames come dangerously close to you! You're chased around a few corners, but you realize that all of the men at the door are now after you! All you have to do is slip under them and you can get out!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 29, 2012, 04:11:44 pm
Suddenly reverse my direction, and try to slip past all of them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 29, 2012, 04:16:55 pm
You're successful in evading them! They turn and fire, but it's too late! You're only a door away from freedom!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 29, 2012, 04:33:01 pm
Turn into a raven while moving, and fly as quickly as possible out the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 29, 2012, 04:37:39 pm
You fly out into the outside! You're in some underground tunnel, but you can see light ahead! You're not sure what's happened to the city, but you think that some time has passed since you arrived here!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 29, 2012, 04:39:22 pm
Increase my speed, flying for the light.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 29, 2012, 04:51:20 pm
You fly out of the tunnel, into the night air of the city.

You sense something is...different. You're not sure what it is, but as you scan Evan's memories, you discover that you've failed to warn everyone! The city...they placed it under quarantine! It's Seattle all over again!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 29, 2012, 05:07:34 pm
Find the grove Justin was in, hoping to find some trace of genetic material that can lead me to him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 29, 2012, 05:18:15 pm
You go find the grove, noticing that a lot of military vehicles are around in the streets, which are oddly empty. Justin isn't here, but you find faint traces of his blood. Perhaps you can follow this trail.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 10:25:14 am
Turn into a rat, and follow the trail.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 11:15:38 am
You follow the trail around for as long as you can, going through the tunnel, and to the motel again. It seems he might have checked back in here...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 11:22:41 am
Turn into a raven, and fly onto the windowsill of his room, tapping the glass.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 11:36:18 am
You tap the glass, but it seems that he isn't in the same room. At least, you don't think he is, because the person inside doesn't look like him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 11:37:47 am
Fly back down, and turn into a rat. Enter the motel, and see if the trail of blood leads to the same room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 11:48:22 am
The trail's very faint by this point, but it seems he went to the front desk first before going to a different room. You guess you could find out if you consumed the person working the front desk.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 12:00:12 pm
Make sure nobody is looking, and fill the person's trachea completely as I consume them, not letting a single sound escape.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 12:13:01 pm
You sneak up behind the man, quickly sliding up his back and then into his throat! You slowly eat away at his body as he struggles to do something, knocking over a lot of things before falling to the floor, rolling around. He slowly stops, though, allowing you to consume him more quickly.

It turns out, Justin is in the room farthest to the right on the first floor! You're glad you know that now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 12:26:14 pm
Turn into him, putting on his clothing and putting everything back where it was.

Find Justin's room, and knock on the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 12:29:17 pm
Justin answers the door, sleepy-eyed. He's got a visible mark on his face from when Belle punched him earlier.

"What do you want?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 12:39:40 pm
Talk quietly.

"I ate this man. Let me in."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 12:43:37 pm
"Wait, wait, Mark? Or, whoever you are, get in!"

He opens the door, and you walk inside the room. He quickly shuts and locks it.

"What happened with you? You disappeared after Belle and never came back!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 12:50:37 pm
"She told me she didn't care about either of us so I tried to eat her, but I can't eat metal. The police showed up to look at the holes in the pavement from where I smashed her into it, and I told them about the bad people in PowellCorp. They took me to the station with them, and started asking me personal questions, but nothing about PowellCorp! It turned out the police were really bad people after all, and men in biohazard suits showed up and tried to capture me! I disarmed them but they had syringe-guns, and made me unconscious. I woke up in a tube in a laboratory, and they eventually took me to a living area. When I went to the boring exercise area, they took me to the wrong room instead of back to my living area. I consumed a scientist called Evan and escaped, then found you again. Do you know how I can remove these tracking devices from my body?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 12:52:49 pm
"Wait, what!?" asks Justin, moving back. "They've got tracking devices on you, and you came here!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 12:56:17 pm
"I didn't know where else to go, and I hoped you could remove them. There are lots of nano-devices, and I'm not sure how to get rid of them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 12:58:49 pm
"I wouldn't know! What about that scientist you ate, wouldn't he have known something!?"

You sift through his memories, finding information on these devices. Apparently, you can remove them easily from your form if you were to use a powerful magnet.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 01:01:14 pm
"...Yeah... I need a really strong magnet. Where can I find one?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 01:04:30 pm
"I wouldn't know!" says Justin. "Why would you come back to me on advice for this? I'm the least knowledgeable person I know!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 01:20:37 pm
"I don't know any other people I haven't eaten or tried to eat!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 01:26:41 pm
"Well, that might be part of your problem!" says Justin. "If you eat everyone you meet, then there isn't much chance of finding someone who can help you, now is there?" he asks.

You hear cars pulling in outside, a brief glimpse out the window and your eyes widen. It's the MSPA!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 01:32:52 pm
"They're here. I think I might have an idea."

Try to remember how precise the tracking devices are.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 01:36:28 pm
The tracking devices can only tell them where you are on a flat map. They don't account for how high above or far below the ground you are.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 01:47:48 pm
"Stay here."

Sit at the front desk like the man was doing when I showed up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 01:52:37 pm
You head back outside, around to the reception area. Some soldiers walk in, pointing their guns at you. They aren't very nice.

"FREEZE! Subject Tower," says one of them, "you are a danger to the people of Phoenix, and by the authority of the MSPA, you are under arrest!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 02:41:08 pm
Put my hands up. Remember the fear in Karen's eyes as I killed her, and recreate that expression.

"WHAT?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 02:42:57 pm
"Don't play dumb, Subject Tower! We know it's you!" the soldier says as he walks up to you, gun pointed. "If you come peacefully, no harm will come to you, but if you resist arrest, then we will use deadly force!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 02:50:58 pm
Back towards the wall, starting to cry a little.

"I... I don't understand! What are you talking about?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 03:06:13 pm
The soldiers seem to be refusing to believe you!

"YOU HAVE THREE SECONDS TO GET DOWN ON THE GROUND!" shouts the soldier. "ONE...TWO..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 03:17:05 pm
"Sir, why do you think this person is me? Surely there's some mistake! Can we discuss this rationally?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 03:24:08 pm
"You can talk all you like after we bring you in for questioning! Now get on that floor or I will shoot!" says the soldier.

Everyone's keeping their distance. You know that guns won't cause any lasting harm, but multiple bullet wounds are enough to disrupt your form.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 03:33:40 pm
Decide that going with it will make them more likely to let their guards down.

"...Okay... Please don't shoot, sir... I have a family..."

Get down on the ground.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 03:38:45 pm
"Sir, how are we actually supposed to subdue Subject Tower?" you hear one soldier say in a hushed tone.
"Use this," says the soldier, handing him a syringe.

YOU HATE SYRINGES.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 03:43:45 pm
Abuse the fact that I'm lying behind the front desk, and that they're keeping their distances and can't see me. Turn into a rat, leaving the clothes there, and hiding in a shoe.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 03:45:49 pm
They come back over, but they express shock at your sudden disappearance.

"WHERE'D IT GO!? EVERYONE, HIGH ALERT, WE HAVE A DANGEROUS MUTANT LOOSE IN THE BUILDING!" The soldiers are sent into a scramble.

"The tracker says it's still here, we just have to find out where..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 03:52:32 pm
Stay where I am, giving myself venomous fangs, but hoping they don't find me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 03:55:10 pm
One soldier steps behind the counter, turning over the clothes, but not daring to pick them up. He knocks over your shoe.

"It isn't back here! Sweep the motel! Check the rooms!" You hear the sounds of their boots moving out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 03:57:36 pm
Scamper out, and turn into a raven, perching on top of the building and watching to make sure they don't take Justin outside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 04:00:33 pm
You see Justin making an irrational decision as the soldiers are blasted out of his room, Justin running out quickly, the soldiers opening fire on him! He disappears into the tunnel, a few soldiers following him!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 04:17:04 pm
Fly after them, and turn into the gorilla-fish. Grab as many soldiers as possible, trying to snap their necks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 04:19:29 pm
You hear gunfire as you enter the tunnel. You take the soldiers off-guard, tearing them apart! You see Justin lying face down in the middle of the tunnel, slowly trying to crawl away.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 04:25:01 pm
Run towards Justin, picking him up, and looking at his injuries.

"Don't die! I don't want you to!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 04:32:30 pm
He's riddled with bullets, it's clear he isn't going to last long.

"Dammit...I'm dying...Tower...Mark, whatever...consume me...do it so I won't die! So I'll live on...as you..." He breathes heavily, dripping blood from his wounds.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 04:36:42 pm
"They were just searching all the rooms, not looking for you! This didn't have to happen! I didn't mean for this to happen!"

Start feeling genuine sadness, realising I'm responsible for the death of my first friend. Cry real tears.

"I don't want to do this... You're my friend, Justin... I don't want to consume you... but... I will! you'll live on with me! You will! We'll find everyone you wanted to find, and we'll get out of the city, together! Okay?"

Start to revert to my original form, and devour his body as gently as possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 04:43:38 pm
You slowly melt, crawling up his body, enveloping him, and melting him down. You absorb him, taking his form, his powers, and his memories. In addition to everything else, you are also Justin. You feel that he is grateful, his mind is with all of the others.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 04:51:20 pm
Turn into him, putting on his clothes, and starting to cry again. Decide whether to leave the bodies of the soldiers, not wanting to water down his memory with the shallow minds of the men who killed him, but deciding that I might learn something valuable. Consume their bodies as quickly and methodically as possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 04:55:35 pm
You eat the four bodies of the soldiers, learning much of tactical combat, the danger that they believe mutants pose to humanity, and their orders. They were on order from the MSPA to capture you and bring you back in before you ate more people! They found out using the tracking devices inside of you!

You have to find a magnet so you can get these things out of you, so nothing like this will happen again!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 05:18:12 pm
Look through all of my human memories, trying to figure out where there would be a powerful magnet nearby.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 05:26:46 pm
Powerful magnets...you know that there's a nearby junkyard that employs the use of a powerful magnet in moving cars in order to crush them...you could use that!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 05:34:21 pm
Quickly fly there, wanting to get rid of these accursed devices as quickly as possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 05:40:54 pm
You quickly fly over to the junkyard, piles of trash surrounding you as you come upon the magnetic crane! You just have to find some way to operate it, and you'll be home free!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 05:41:53 pm
See if the owner of the crane is nearby.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 05:45:29 pm
Nobody's working here this late...you'll have to do some trial and error in order to get it working. You've only got a matter of time before the soldiers show up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 05:55:17 pm
Turn into a gorilla, and push something made of metal under the crane. Fly to the control panel, and have Justin press buttons until it lifts it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 05:56:51 pm
Your trial and error practices successfully activate the machine! The metal sticks to the magnet, which signifies the magnet having been activated!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 06:02:45 pm
Revert to my original form, and dart over to where the metal was.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 06:06:41 pm
You feel many tiny things being pulled upwards, out of you. You crawl up to the magnet, making sure that it got everything, before climbing down, feeling free! They can't track you so easily now!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 06:09:37 pm
Turn into a raven again, and fly away, remembering the people Justin wanted to get out of the city with.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 06:13:30 pm
You dip into Justin's memories, but following his logic, you realize that finding them would prove pointless now, since the city is under quarantine. They wouldn't just let you out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 06:16:59 pm
Perch on a building, and think carefully, trying to determine what Justin would want now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 06:24:00 pm
So many things...he wants to survive, but he also wants...revenge? You don't fully understand this human emotion, he wants to hurt the soldiers because the soldiers hurt him. At the same time, there are many other mutants in the city, most likely. You could find some and become more powerful. You need more abilities if you want to survive this.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 06:28:20 pm
Wonder where I could find other mutants, looking through the memories of the soldiers especially.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 06:30:10 pm
There are plenty of mutants in the MSPA headquarters...but you don't want to go back there. There should be others in the more heavily-occupied areas. You also realize that you don't have any friends, or at least friends that you haven't eaten. You'll have to put some consideration into who you'll keep with you, as well.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 06:33:43 pm
Fly to one of the more occupied areas, looking for anything obviously out of the ordinary.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 06:35:49 pm
There are a lot of soldiers...you suddenly come to the realization that your mind is quite tired...odd, you didn't feel much of a need to sleep way back before all of this happened. In fact, after eating Megan, you couldn't get to sleep no matter how hard you tried.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 06:39:29 pm
Find a safe-looking rooftop, and turn into a snake, coiling up and trying to get some sleep.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 06:47:13 pm
You slowly drift off...

You're walking...it's some kind of tunnel. It's quite narrow, and train tracks cover the ground. You don't see anything, except for a figure standing up ahead.

Karen? What's she doing here?

"Why did you have to eat me?" she asks, flatly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 07:14:10 pm
"I thought you suspected I was an imposter. Aren't you happy like this, though?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 07:20:24 pm
She fades away. This is a weird dream...

"IT'S EATING ME! IT'S EATING ME!" screams Evan the scientist, suddenly appearing from nowhere.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 07:40:34 pm
"I have a name... I have lots of names... You really don't have an excuse..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 07:48:11 pm
"AAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!" he fades away.

You hear the sounds of train horns in the distance, as you wake up. The morning sun feels warm on your scales. Nobody disturbed you last night, but it seems that there's some kind of commotion taking place in the building you've been sleeping on.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 08:32:33 pm
Turn into a raven, and look through windows until I figure out what's going on.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 08:39:26 pm
You look in several windows, but you can only discern that there's something happening nearer to the ground floor, wherein someone is being apprehended by several soldiers...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 08:45:00 pm
Scamper in as a rat, and turn into the gorilla-fish behind them, tearing some of the soldiers apart with my tentacles, firing needles at others, and trying to slam some of them into the walls with Justin's mind.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 08:49:40 pm
You haven't practiced with the telekinesis, so you find using it to be quite hard in the middle of a fight. You get two soldiers off of the man, pulling them apart at their waists as the other two turn around and fire at you! You drop the bodies, the bullets destabilizing your form!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 08:55:07 pm
Melt, and try to consume one of them, knowing the other can't shoot me without shooting him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 09:03:58 pm
The other soldier panics, and runs out, yelling into his radio.

The person they were after, a blonde male with blue eyes, steps away from the two of you as you continue consuming the soldier.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 09:11:03 pm
Finish consuming the soldier, reforming as Justin, wearing his normal clothes.

"Hello. Are you a mutant?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 09:13:13 pm
"Well, yeah...what was that?" he asks, seeming to be the curious type.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 09:34:22 pm
"I am Subject Tower. We should move quickly before they bring more men with guns. Can you fly at all?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 09:36:05 pm
"No, I'm not that kind of mutant. You lead, come on!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 09:50:09 pm
Start running, hoping to find a back entrance.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 09:51:12 pm
You run through the main area, several people scattering as the two of you run through the lobby. You see a service entrance behind the front desk!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 11:02:01 am
Run through the service entrance, creating as much distance between us and the soldiers as possible before stopping.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 11:16:56 am
You run out, through the back alleys and across a few streets before stopping. Your new friend breathes heavily, and looks at you curiously.

"Just what are you, anyway?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 11:26:37 am
"I'm a lot of things. I'm not sure what I'm doing, so I decided to find other mutants. What can you do?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 11:34:15 am
"I...well, I can do a few things. Reading minds, mainly, but I can also use energy blasts of some kind to an extent."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 11:42:58 am
"What am I thinking about? I'm not sure what I'm thinking about sometimes, because there are a lot of mes. Can you tell me?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 11:45:46 am
He looks confused for several seconds as you feel something weird in your head, some kind of presence.

"Umm...it doesn't seem like you have a single voice in your head...there are multiple voices...what? Just what can you do?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 11:49:25 am
"I eat people, and become them."

Start phasing through all of my different forms.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 11:51:44 am
"That's...cool. Hey, you aren't going to eat me, right?" he says as he laughs nervously.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 12:04:32 pm
"I don't think so. I have to decide whether it's more important to eat people and take their powers or keep people alive as my friends. I had one friend, but he was shot, and now I don't know what I should be doing."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 12:07:41 pm
"Well...we might want to find other mutants. You heard about what happened in Seattle, right?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 12:12:33 pm
"Vaguely, but I'm unsure of the details."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 12:25:47 pm
"Well, in Seattle, gangs of mutants formed up in order to resist the military response. If we want to survive, we have to find others."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 12:45:14 pm
"What's your name?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 12:51:08 pm
"Clyde," he says, brushing his hair out of his face, extending a hand forward. "And you called yourself Tower?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 01:01:24 pm
Shake his hand.

"Yes. I do. Where do you think we can find more mutants, Clyde?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 01:05:26 pm
"I'm unsure...there shouldn't be too many of them yet, but if I know anything from what happened in Seattle, I know that the mutation can spread like wildfire once it's started."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 01:07:16 pm
"What should we do in the meantime?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 01:11:50 pm
"I'm not sure," says Clyde, "find somewhere where we can hole up?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 01:23:36 pm
"Where would you suggest?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 01:25:34 pm
"Somewhere that isn't here...maybe a basement or something. Come on, follow me." He takes off down a nearby alleyway.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 01:29:08 pm
Follow him, still deciding whether to eat him or not.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 01:35:19 pm
Perhaps you could save him for later? Or maybe you should just not eat him at all because he's the only friend you have. You shouldn't eat everybody you come across.

You eventually come upon a foreclosed building. Clyde runs along the side, pointing at a door down a staircase that leads to the basement. "The doors locked, but I think you might be able to help open it up."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 01:37:04 pm
Turn into a gorilla, and kick the door down.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 01:42:14 pm
You knock the door open.

"...You could have been more...you know, subtle about that." He walks inside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 01:45:48 pm
"...You just told me to open it up..."

Look inside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 01:49:23 pm
It's dark down here, and dirty, too. There are a few rooms, but they seem to be quite bare save for a few rats.

"This place is a dump," says Clyde, "but I guess we have time to make it better."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 04:09:29 pm
"I'm fine with it like this."

Turn into a snake, and start getting rid of the rats.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 04:18:00 pm
You turn into a snake, heading after and catching a rat, slowly eating it. You can see Clyde clearing out some debris, trying to clean the place as best as he can.

"We're going to need some mats and blankets and other basic supplies. I'm not sleeping on the bare floor."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 04:19:28 pm
"Do you have any of this human currency thing?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 04:22:50 pm
"You mean money? Well..." Clyde checks his pockets. "I only have about $30 in cash with me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 04:25:06 pm
"Is that enough for the things you need? I can go buy them if you want."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 04:29:14 pm
"I don't know," says Clyde, "just buy as much as you can with this." He hands you the money. "Remember, we need food, water, mats, and blankets, maybe a few pillows."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 04:34:24 pm
Nod, and turn into the hotel owner, clothing myself and heading outside. Wander around until I find something that might sell the supplies Clyde wanted.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 04:39:23 pm
You walk around until you find a store, but it appears that there's a line of people waiting outside, soldiers overlooking the distribution of emergency supplies. You might not have to spend that much after all.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 04:55:21 pm
Try to follow the normal social procedures of this 'line.' Pay attention to what the people in front of me say to the soldiers.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 04:59:59 pm
The people in front of you don't say much, they just take a pack of supplies and then they leave.

You reach the front of the line after a while. A soldier hands you a box filled with supplies.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 05:01:23 pm
Leave, and head back to Clyde, sighing in relief at how that was easier than I thought it would be.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 05:13:26 pm
"Well, what did you get?" asks Clyde. "How much did you spend?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 05:25:42 pm
"They were giving away these boxes outside the store."

Hand him the box, and his money.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 05:31:53 pm
He opens the box, looking inside.

"We've got bottled water, canned food, blankets, roll out mats, and pillows. That's great," says Clyde. "This should last us some time."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 05:34:19 pm
Turn into a snake again, looking for another rat.

"What now?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 05:36:59 pm
"It's...really weird when you do that," says Clyde. "Anyway, we might want to lay low for a while, and then maybe tomorrow we could go out and look around?"

Sadly, all of the rats are now in hiding.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 05:37:51 pm
"I was sleeping already until you and the soldiers woke me up. I'm not sure what else I'm meant to do with my free time here."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 05:41:08 pm
"Well, what is it you normally do, then? Just sleep all day?" asks Clyde.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 05:43:32 pm
"I've always had something to keep me busy until now. I'm not sure what to do with my time if I have to avoid drawing attention to myself."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 05:45:19 pm
"Well," says Clyde, "you ate some soldiers, right?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 05:46:53 pm
"Several, yes. What are you suggesting?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 05:52:04 pm
"Maybe you could go out and collect intel on what they're doing. You can imitate one, right?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 06:44:16 pm
Turn into a soldier, imitating the uniform.

"Yes, sir, yes!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 06:49:04 pm
It takes you a while to imitate all of the intricacies of the bulky uniform, but you get it spot on!

"That's great! Now, can you use your memories to head back to the appropriate place and...find stuff out or something?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 07:01:02 pm
"...I'm not sure what I should find out, but okay."

Make sure I'm not the soldier I killed in front of the other earlier, before heading to wherever the soldiers are meant to be.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 07:04:41 pm
You know that the soldiers are stationed in various bases around the city, you've been assigned to one located near the zoo you raided earlier. You head over, eventually finding the camp. There are a bunch of soldiers moving around, a lot of equipment set up, along with maps. There are vehicles nearby, too, and even a few decontamination tents.

Your superior officer takes notice. He starts walking over. "Harolds, where have you been!?" he asks, somewhat angrily.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 04:05:44 pm
Quickly think of a convenient lie.

"The zoo, sir."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 04:25:11 pm
That seems to make him angrier. His nostrils flare out.

"HAROLDS! WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING, PRIVATE!? Get over there and assist Private Parker in scrubbing the jeeps! Get out of my sight!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 04:49:15 pm
"I like the animals, sir."

Walk over to the vehicles, looking for somebody scrubbing them.

"Hello, Private Parker."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 05:01:44 pm
You see Parker nearby, hosing off a jeep with water. He looks at you. "Where did you go, Harolds? Trying to skip out on cleaning duty?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 05:28:15 pm
"I went to the zoo, but our superior officer wasn't happy. He seemed angry, in fact, and sent me here."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 05:30:35 pm
"Well, no shit he seemed angry! Why the hell would you do that, you idiot? Did you think he wouldn't notice that you'd wandered off?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 05:44:38 pm
"...I liked the animals... How should I help with cleaning up? You're already doing... that."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 05:47:47 pm
"There's plenty of jeeps for both of us," he says. "Besides, it should go twice as fast if you help. Grab a brush while I hose these cars down."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 05:48:44 pm
Grab a brush, and watch him hose the cars down.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 05:51:47 pm
You watch him for a while, as he sprays the car in front of you with water.

"...You going just keep staring at it or are you going to help get the dirt off?" he asks. "Stop spacing out!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 06:43:05 pm
"...You just told me to grab a brush..."

Start rubbing the car with the brush.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 06:52:53 pm
"Don't be a smartass, Harolds! Jesus, it's like you don't want this work to get finished!" Parker sprays you with the hose.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 07:12:04 pm
Hide on the other side of the car, instantly disliking Parker. Continue rubbing the car with the brush.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 07:16:17 pm
You rub it to what you think is a sufficient degree. Parker looks over it, nods, then moves on to the next car.

This will take forever! There are at least 10 of these things!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 07:45:06 pm
Wonder what information I'm meant to be finding, briefly thinking about how much easier this would be if I could read minds. Continue cleaning, thinking negative thoughts.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 07:47:12 pm
It takes you an entire hour to scrub down all of these jeeps! This is a big waste of your time!

"Alright," says Parker, "we've got some time off before our next patrol. What are you going to be doing?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 09:33:59 am
"I don't know. I came here because I was out of other things to do."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 09:40:57 am
"Whatever. It's not like we're going to have to do all that much. FrundTech will step in soon to take care of this mess. I mean, we only have to hang around for a week, tops."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 10:11:20 am
"Who're FrundTech, again? My memory is really bad. I have one of those conditions, but I can't remember which."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 11:02:37 am
"They're the ones responsible for mutants in the first place, so they'll take care of it! Seems like a pretty good deal to me!" says Parker. "You don't have heatstroke or something, do you? You're acting weird."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 07:52:39 pm
"I'm perfectly okay. What do you want to do now?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 07:54:41 pm
"I'm going off to take a nap," says Parker. "Remember, we've got a patrol in three hours."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 08:07:34 pm
Grumble about the length of time, and walk off, looking for the highest ranked officer nearby, deciding to go with the simpler route.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 08:09:44 pm
The highest-ranked officer just happens to be the man who yelled at you earlier. You enter the base, looking around the building until you find him. He's discussing something with a few other people, but they're unimportant. It's not like they can stop you, or that they can do much anyway.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 08:21:37 pm
Wait until he's alone.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 08:23:23 pm
Eventually the other two leave. Your commanding officer looks at you standing in the doorway.

"Private Harolds, what are you doing standing there? Are those jeeps cleaned off?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 08:29:08 pm
"Yes, sir. I need to speak to you in private about my absence."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 08:31:48 pm
"Come in," he says. "Shut the door, then. You'd better have a good explanation, Harolds, or you'll be scrubbing jeeps for the rest of the week!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 08:42:51 pm
Walk in, and close the door behind me. Suddenly grow tentacles from my wrists, and grab him by the throat with them, squeezing tightly.

"I wanted information on what you were planning, but being a soldier is very unpleasant, and it's much more efficient to simply devour you and take the information."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 08:46:23 pm
He kicks and gasps wildly, his face turning red as he tries to unravel the tentacles. He's trying to scream, but you won't let him. You tighten your grip, hearing his neck snap audibly. He goes limp.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 08:55:33 pm
Quickly melt, and get to work consuming all trace of this ever happening.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 08:57:59 pm
His armor is too tough for you to chew through, but you get him easily. His knowledge is now yours...

THERE'S A KNOCK AT THE DOOR.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 09:10:10 pm
Quickly turn into him, and start putting on his armour, looking for anything else out of place.

"One moment. I am changing."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 09:14:49 pm
You think you've got it spot on.

You open the door, and it's the two that you were speaking to from earlier. You were relating to them how the National Guard would be phased out shortly in favor of FrundTech managing this quarantine. At least that's what you think you were doing.

"Changing, sir?" asks one of them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 09:46:15 pm
"Yes. I decided to change but remembered I didn't have any other clothes in here and stopped. What do you want?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 09:47:46 pm
The two look at you oddly. "We just wanted clarification on our patrol duties," says one. "So, we drive around, respond to calls within our assigned area, but what exactly do we do when we encounter a mutant?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 10:00:01 pm
"You take them alive at all costs, and bring them to me, unconscious."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 10:01:48 pm
"...Yes sir," he says after some deliberation. You're quite sure he suspects something's not right, but everyone you talk to suspects that, and they hardly ever do anything about it before you eat them.

They walk out. You're left alone.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 09, 2012, 04:35:57 pm
Sit down, trying to remember what exactly this man is meant to do.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 09, 2012, 04:43:12 pm
This man mostly just sits at his desk while people come in and talk to him about military things, you guess. You don't have to do much work.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 10, 2012, 03:28:28 pm
Sit at my new desk, and recall how much power I have, wanting to make the most of this before the other company takes over.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 10, 2012, 03:59:03 pm
You guess you have the authority to decide where your troops go and how they operate. You just told a few leaders what they would be doing, you guess. The prospect of more mutants sounds delicious.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 10, 2012, 04:05:34 pm
Pass the time by trying to sleep at my desk.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 10, 2012, 04:17:53 pm
You put your head down, dozing off for a while, experiencing the weird hallucinations brought on by sleep and influenced by the many minds within you. You don't dream of anything meaningful, but you awake to the sound of knocking at your door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 10, 2012, 04:26:13 pm
"Enter."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 10, 2012, 04:27:29 pm
A soldier opens the door. "Um, you wanted to look over any mutants we took in, correct, sir? Because we've got them caged outside."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 10, 2012, 04:45:13 pm
"Good. I will look."

Follow them to the caged mutants, licking my lips a little.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 10, 2012, 04:50:31 pm
You're brought to the captured mutants, there appear to be three of them. They seem to be asleep. Two are male, one is female. One of the males appears to be lizard-like in complexion.

"Sir, we've got some kind of...acid-spitting lizard, to start. The second one seems to be able to...manipulate light or something, we're not entirely sure. The third is interesting, she can shoot lasers out of her eyes."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 10, 2012, 05:02:45 pm
"Take the cages somewhere enclosed. I wish to interrogate them in private."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 10, 2012, 05:04:53 pm
"Certainly sir, but you understand that these mutants are highly dangerous, even when imprisoned, correct? Where should we take them, your office, or maybe to the private holding cells?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 10, 2012, 05:10:36 pm
"I know what I'm doing. Take them to my office."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 10, 2012, 05:11:47 pm
"Um...alright, sir," says the soldier. Soldiers start hauling the cages up to your office, with you following them.

"Should we stand guard outside in case anything goes wrong?" asks another soldier.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 10, 2012, 05:23:19 pm
"Do you think I'm incompetent? Go do something useful."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 10, 2012, 05:26:03 pm
"Yes sir!" the soldier says, shutting up.

You reach your office, the soldiers setting the cages down before clearing out. You're left alone, and soon you find that they're beginning to wake up...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 11, 2012, 07:24:54 pm
Talk quietly.

"Hello. Don't attack me. I want to talk to you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 11, 2012, 07:27:29 pm
"You can...go get fucked! Get us the fuck out of these cages!" shouts the lizard man.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 11, 2012, 07:44:53 pm
Become confused, momentarily forgetting what I'm meant to be doing.

"I can? Well, I assume I can. I haven't attempted sexual intercourse, but it's likely possible. At least, I assume you're talking about sexual intercourse, but it's generally seen by humans as something to be desired above all else, but you're saying I can do it in a very unpleasant tone that makes it seem like it's intended in a malicious way. This confuses me. If I told you you should commit suicide in a friendly manner, wouldn't you be confused? This is empathy, I think. It's a thing I'm learning, or maybe I've already learned it and just need to understand it. I don't know, but I do know that you should talk quietly because soldiers might show up."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 11, 2012, 07:48:24 pm
"What the fuck are you talking about!? Who are you!?" asks the lizard man, as he shakes the bars on his cage.

"Steve!?" yells the girl from the other cage. "Steve, are you here!?"

"Yeah!" says Steve from his cage. "This assclown got us! But we won't go quietly!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 11, 2012, 08:06:52 pm
Look down, my confusion turning to an unfamiliar emotion, managing not to raise my voice.

"...I... I just wanted to be friends, but you're all so angry at me when I haven't done anything yet. Appearances are misleading, you know... I thought other mutants would understand that, especially when one of you looks like an animal, but you're all so judgemental... Justin understood me, but he's dead... He's with me now. If you're with me, with Justin and the others, maybe you'll understand me, too."

Lunge out with my tentacles, trying to strangle all three of them to death at once, trying not to let them scream, and turning the woman in the other direction due to her laser-eyes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 11, 2012, 08:09:54 pm
"Wait! you're a mutant too?" asks the man as you take your tentacles out. "Oh, that's great! You can get us out of here!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 11, 2012, 08:22:26 pm
Stand there awkwardly with my tentacles out for several long moments.

"...Okay. I can... do that too, I think. Okay, I'll release you instead of consuming you. That's the socially acceptable option, correct? I think it is. I want to release you without revealing that I consumed their leader. Do you have any suggestions or should I think about this?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 11, 2012, 08:23:51 pm
"...Why don't you start off by telling us what you mean by all of this 'consuming' talk," says the girl. "What can you do, exactly?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 11, 2012, 08:31:16 pm
"I eat people and they become a part of me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 11, 2012, 08:41:05 pm
"You...eat people?" asks the reptile. "How do you...um...do that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 01:38:28 pm
"I dissolve them and absorb their genetic material."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 02:22:00 pm
"...Perhaps you could let us out of these cages?" asks the woman. "We don't have too much space."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 03:04:03 pm
"That's what I was talking about before you started asking me personal questions. I am going to release you. Find a mutant named Clyde."

Give them detailed directions to where Clyde should be.

"Can you remember that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 03:22:04 pm
"Um...alright," says Steve. "But...how are we going to get out of here? They have guns."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 04:08:08 pm
"Yes. You fleshy organisms don't like guns. Well, you do like guns, but you like firing them and not having them fired at you. I don't know how to stop bullets... I haven't really needed to."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 04:22:20 pm
"Well...can't you tell them to move us somewhere? Somewhere where we can easily escape and move out with you?" asks the girl.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 04:45:54 pm
"I was planning on staying here longer... but there probably won't be any other mutants caught, anyway. Okay, I'll do it like that."

Open the door, angrily shouting.

"Somebody come here!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 04:55:04 pm
It doesn't take long for someone to respond.

"Sir! Private Rooney reporting, sir!" he says, saluting you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 06:37:28 pm
"Get a few more men and take these mutants somewhere near the edge of the camp. I want to execute them myself."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 06:49:28 pm
"Yes sir!" he says. A few more soldiers assist him in taking the mutants out to the edge of the base. You follow behind them.

They're set down, and the soldiers step back. "The mutants have been placed, sir."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 06:50:48 pm
"Hand me your gun, and resume your patrols."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 06:53:32 pm
"Yes sir!" says the soldier, handing you a pistol. The soldiers clear out, leaving you alone with these three.

"Alright, let's get out of here!" says the man.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 07:00:43 pm
"I don't think so."

Aim at him for a split second, then lower my gun.

"That was a joke. Humans tell jokes like this, don't they? I don't know, I'll free you now."

Try to tear their cages open with my tentacles, and run.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 07:06:32 pm
Their reactions are mixed, but you remove the cage doors, all of you making a run for it. You don't think anyone follows you, but you're not inconspicuous as a military commander, along with a reptile. You'd best get back to base before someone sees.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 07:08:59 pm
Turn into Justin, taking off my uniform and forming his old clothes.

"This is Justin. We will find Clyde. He's boring but he's a mutant and I think I'm meant to gather mutants to end the quarantine."

Move quickly back to the base, trying to stick to a less populated route.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 07:12:01 pm
You avoid running into anyone, making it back comfortably.

"Ah, great, and you even brought some people back with you! Hello...Steve...Anna...and John. How are you all?"

"...Fine," says Anna.

"Cute trick," says Steve, dismissing Clyde.

You're sensing that they don't like Clyde at first impression.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 07:14:05 pm
"Why did you ask how they are when you can find out by reading their minds? I'm not sure I understand, nor am I sure whether I'm unsure about not understanding."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 07:18:11 pm
"That actually takes effort," says Clyde. "Besides, it's not fun when you know ALL of the answers, is it? I mean, then you just find out how boring most people are."

"Anyway," says John, "what's the plan here? We weren't doing much until those soldiers took us in, we were just trying to hide."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 07:19:55 pm
"Clyde told me we should find more mutants. I'm not sure what to do now that I have."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 07:23:20 pm
"Well," says Clyde, "we could still use more supplies, now that we have more people. Perhaps we could raid a base for some?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 07:28:33 pm
"Can't we just get more rations? I can collect them as different people if we need more."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 07:31:13 pm
"Well, rations are rations, but what we could really use are guns! Those would help us out a lot," says Clyde. "And if you could manage to eat an entire base, we might even be able to have it all to ourselves! It's foolproof!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 07:33:36 pm
"I suppose guns could be useful, but I doubt the base would be much use for long. A company called Frundtech is taking over soon."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 07:36:33 pm
"FrundTech? SHIT," says Clyde.

"What!?" exclaims Anna.

"Fuck," mutters Steve.

"ARGH!" shouts John.

Nobody is happy about that news.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 08:12:37 pm
"I didn't think this was very important."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 08:15:10 pm
"No, it's REALLY important," says Clyde. "Um, Justin, they were in charge of...what amounted to genocide in Seattle."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 08:23:24 pm
"Call me Tower. Aren't the military already here trying to do the same thing?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 08:26:14 pm
"The military is a lot more professional about it," says John. "FrundTech will intentionally go out of its way to capture and torture us. Look what they did to Seattle..."

You keep hearing about Seattle, but you're not sure exactly how bad it was. Maybe if you found a Seattle survivor, you could know everything about it...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 08:31:25 pm
"Do you think any mutants from Seattle will return here to try to break this quarantine?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 08:37:44 pm
"Well, they'd have a tough time getting all the way here from Seattle. Actually, I don't think most of them would want to come anywhere near here at all," says Anna. "So, we got food here or what?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 09:03:26 pm
"I gave the ration to Clyde. I'm going to find the rest of the rats."

Turn into a rat, and find where the rest of them are hiding, then turn into a snake and eat them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 09:05:16 pm
You sniff about, eventually finding a hole that the rats use to get around. You crawl around until you find what you think is a nest, filled with several rats. You turn into a snake, snaring one, but causing the rest to scatter!

This building is larger than just the part you're living in. This entire place could very well be filled with such delicious rats!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 09:24:26 pm
Save the rest for later, knowing we'll be here for a while, and slither out with my prey, curling up into a corner and eating it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 09:28:50 pm
You unhinge your jaw, as snakes often do, in order to fit the meal into your mouth. You slowly swallow it, the rat soon dissolving into black muck, assimilating into your system.

You wonder what being ingested by you feels like.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 13, 2012, 09:27:55 pm
Think about all my ingested organisms, seeing if any of them remembers it well.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 13, 2012, 09:31:42 pm
The majority remember it with extreme clarity. You have a unique smell about you, particularly noticeable when you're slipping into an organism's respiratory system through the nostrils. It's a chemical smell, rather than the natural smell of normal organisms. The process isn't painful, apparently you naturally induce a numbing sensation in your prey, the coated areas becoming numb, and unable to feel pain as they melt down into you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 13, 2012, 09:36:54 pm
Think about Justin, feeling happy about that.

Speak with Megan's voice.
"What are we planning to do, then?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 13, 2012, 09:39:34 pm
Anna seems surprised by your new voice, along with her friends.

"I guess it's your call," says Clyde. "We can either just stay here, or we could try to swipe some goodies from that military camp you just visited."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 13, 2012, 09:44:21 pm
Speak as Mark.

"Are you sure you coming with me to the base is a good idea? You'll just get shot and bleed red blood all over the place."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 13, 2012, 09:47:02 pm
"Why do you keep doing that? It's weird!" says Anna. "Stick to one voice."

"You forget, we aren't normal people," says John. "We're mutants."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 13, 2012, 09:53:13 pm
Switch to Evan.

"I have too many voices. I can't decide which one to use at times. You're mutants, but you can read minds, shoot lasers, spit acid and... manipulate light or something. You can't stop bullets."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 13, 2012, 09:55:39 pm
"Well, I can stop bullets with barriers," says John, waving his hands and creating a barrier of shimmering light.

"Guns aren't the end all weapon to combat," says Steve. "You can only shoot at something you can see..." He slowly becomes transparent.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 13, 2012, 10:05:28 pm
Find myself immediately wondering how Steve would taste, and how I could eat him without the others knowing. Hope Clyde is too distracted by all the voices to read my thoughts, and start panicking a little, thinking about trying not to think about it.

"Good. This will help. Do you know of any bases nearby?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 13, 2012, 10:08:17 pm
"Well, there's that one we just ran away from," says Anna. "I think that's what we were talking about all along."

"Correct, Anna," says Clyde. "And Tower...I believe you ate the authority figure there already...it should be easy to get a good number of guns and supplies."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 13, 2012, 10:19:05 pm
"The same place twice is less interesting, but okay. I won't be able to impersonate him since they'll wonder why he bent the cages open and ran away with the mutants, or why he's back after they bent the cages open and kidnapped him, but it means they'll be less organised."

Turn into a black-feathered gorilla, with the head of a raven, and wings on my back. Try coating my tentacles with snake-scales, and adding snake heads on the ends of them, possibly functional.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 13, 2012, 10:22:48 pm
This form puts a strain on your concentration, but you find that your tentacles are now fully-functional snake heads! You have a bit of trouble processing everything that's going on with them, though, it's hard looking through all of their eyes at once.

"Holy shit!" exclaims John.

"Um...that's somewhat disturbing..." Anna seems entranced by your wondrous form.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 08:28:55 pm
Make them all eyeless, and remove their other senses besides touch, to make it easier to manage.

Try giving myself and every snake different vocal chords, speaking in unison.

"What do you mean, 'disturbing?'"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 08:30:55 pm
"Okay, now you're just TRYING to creep us out," says Steve, still invisible.

Anna backs away from you, while John stands, seeming uncomfortable.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 08:34:44 pm
Look at Clyde, confused.

"Read their minds and tell me what I'm doing wrong."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 08:37:53 pm
"People aren't comfortable around things unfamiliar to them," says Clyde. "That, and the amalgamation of primal fears that you just turned yourself into is scaring them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 08:46:08 pm
"I still don't understand, but if it scares the soldiers as well then that's a good thing. Are we going?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 08:49:00 pm
"Whenever you're ready, you take the lead, you make the decisions," says Clyde. "Besides, you should know more about military business than any of us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 08:53:58 pm
"We will go now, then."

Head out, and start walking to the base the same route we returned by.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 09:01:26 pm
You arrive back at the military camp soon enough, none of the soldiers around to notice that their superior disappeared, or that several mutants are making an assault on the base. You see the jeeps that you were cleaning earlier in the distance. A few soldiers are out doing something near them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 09:17:09 pm
"Hide for five minutes, then sneak in and steal everything you need."

Turn into the general, clothing myself and walking up to them.

"Get all personnel to my office. Drop everything else. We have a situation on our hands."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 09:18:04 pm
They turn to you, saluting. "Yes sir!" They run off quickly to alert everyone else.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 09:38:42 pm
Head back to my office, imitating the way the previous officer sat, wondering why I'm bothering to when they didn't even seem to notice my obvious disappearance.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 09:40:47 pm
Your personnel eventually file into the office. It seems that you have everyone's utmost attention.

"Sir, what's the situation, sir?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 10:00:03 pm
Walk over, and lock the door. Start talking angrily.

"Subject Tower is a mutant capable of killing people and impersonating them. He leaves a very specific residue, which I just found inside the base! If he's been inside the base for any length of time, he will have killed someone. If he's killed someone, he'll be standing here right now!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 10:01:48 pm
"Subject Tower? THAT Subject Tower, sir?" asks one of the privates.

There isn't much talking, since they're in your presence, but you think everybody is set on edge.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 10:28:18 pm
"Have they been out of your sight for even a minute? Are they acting oddly? Try to figure out who it could be!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 10:29:29 pm
They seem to be straightening out their suspicions and talking about their alibis. However, you're noticing that a few eyes are turning towards you with suspicion...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 10:41:02 pm
"This is less interesting than I thought it would be."

Suddenly turn into the beast from earlier, still standing in front of the door. Start tearing everyone apart.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 10:43:51 pm
The soldiers are completely unprepared for this, and you soon find that the room is a complete, bloody mess. Soldiers lie torn in twain around the room, coating nearly every surface with their blood. You're proud of the strength you can exhibit. You haven't eaten in a few hours, either, you could always go for another meal.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 16, 2012, 07:40:04 pm
Melt, and quite happily clean up the room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 16, 2012, 07:43:07 pm
You enjoy the largest meal you've had yet, and it is quite delightful.

A while later, you hear footsteps down the hall, and you see Anna peek her head around the corner, expressing disgust at your eating habits.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 16, 2012, 08:01:36 pm
Continue eating, regardless, not willing to let her stupid illogical opinions ruin my meal.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 16, 2012, 08:05:09 pm
She expresses disgust some more, then leaves quietly.

"How's it taste?" asks your invisible reptile acquaintance, from somewhere in the room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 16, 2012, 08:12:46 pm
Form a human mouth to speak in one of the soldiers' voices, continuing to eat.

"It tastes like... tasting. It's the definition of taste itself. Eating anything else is like an imitation."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 16, 2012, 08:16:48 pm
Steve appears on the table.

"Well, have you ever eaten anything else besides meat?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 16, 2012, 08:34:46 pm
"I've eaten cooked animal meat with a human mouth, but this is preferable."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 16, 2012, 08:37:46 pm
"Trying some vegetables wouldn't kill ya. In fact, you might even like them more," he says with a hint of what you are coming to recognize as human sarcasm. It is another case of humans not being straightforward with what they are saying. Human humor is sometimes beyond you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 16, 2012, 08:45:44 pm
"Please don't use that sarcasm thing. I don't understand what point you're trying to get across now..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 16, 2012, 08:47:34 pm
"...Just try some celery," says Steve in a tone that you recognize more clearly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 04:07:02 pm
"Celery? Why celery? Where can I get celery?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 04:18:42 pm
"Well, you can pick some up at the grocery store. You could start with any type of vegetable, I guess, it doesn't have to be celery."

Anna comes in, setting down a large bag filled with guns and ammunition. "This is my haul. John and Clyde are looking for more."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 04:20:57 pm
Finish eating, and turn into Justin, looking at the guns.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 04:34:15 pm
The guns are odd things, but you know how to use them well, given all of your training. But it's not really YOUR training, it's the soldiers' training. They're M4A1 carbine assault rifles, quite standard in combat situations.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 04:44:34 pm
Pick one up, as well as some ammo.

"I can use these. If I use guns people won't know I'm me at first and will fire back with normal bullets."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 04:48:22 pm
"Umm...yeah, sure," says Anna.

You pick up a gun, finding it lighter than you expected. You hold it properly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 04:50:51 pm
Turn into the thing the others were scared of, making my hands more human, but still feathered, and carrying the assault rifle.

"Should we go, or is there anything else you want to do?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 04:59:10 pm
John and Clyde show up with bags of various supplies. You quickly head out, as is the group decision. You reach your home without event.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 05:00:01 pm
"What's in the bags that don't have weapons in them?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 05:23:50 pm
"A bunch of interesting things we scrounged up," says Clyde, dumping out a variety of odds and ends onto a table.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 05:28:31 pm
Look at the table, seeing if there's anything that's in any way genuinely interesting.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 05:52:44 pm
Grenades, a lot of other explosives, rations, and other basic military supplies.

You don't understand why humans like watching explosions, or why they're so attracted to things that blow up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 05:57:10 pm
Think about that and look through the rations for any vegetables.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 06:08:21 pm
There are no vegetables in these rations, only some weird kind of powder!

"Alright! We've got weapons...so...what now?" asks John.

"We amass power," says Clyde. "Together, we are stronger than any threat that can face us. We won't let what happened to Seattle happen to Phoenix..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 07:08:10 pm
"That's vague. Too vague. You're saying things to prove a point but they don't mean anything besides what your point is. How do we do that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 07:14:03 pm
"...We can rest for now," says Clyde. "But when the time comes, we fight back. FrundTech's serious business, and we need to prove that we're serious business if we really want anybody to follow us. Then, we wrest control away from FrundTech, and put it in the hands of the mutants."

"That's insane!" says John. "If we so much as show these weapons to FrundTech, they'll put us down on their priority list of targets! Don't forget, they use mutants, too! Really nasty ones! With training!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 07:26:25 pm
Turn to look at him.

"Trained mutants, you say?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 07:39:06 pm
"Well, FrundTech was the company working on creating mutants, right?" says John. "Well, when they went into Seattle, they brought the mutants that they were making with them. So, they're using these...mutant slaves in order to quell the hostile mutants in Seattle! The mutants...supposedly they've been trained since birth. They don't have any feelings, desires, life goals, and maybe not even free will. All they live for is to follow orders."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 07:57:35 pm
"That means it's not morally objectionable if I eat them for their powers, correct?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 07:59:46 pm
"It wouldn't be," says Clyde. "But I'm unsure if consuming them would have an adverse effect on your...atypical mind."

They must come in so many flavors...you can't wait to try them all!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 08:09:49 pm
"I've consumed lots of soldiers and I don't want to enforce the quarantine, so I should be okay. There's something else I need to try now."

Think about every time Justin has used his powers, and try to do the same, levitating the table.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 08:12:26 pm
Justin's memories are well-assimilated. You focus on the table, concentrating, and slowly succeeding in lifting it slightly off the ground! It puts a little strain on you, but you're quite sure that this is easier than lifting the table with your hands.

Everybody watches you, and looks at the table, seeming pleasantly surprised.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 08:33:13 pm
"Justin could do this. I think I remember his memories more clearly because he was dying and told me to consume him. I should practice."

Set the table down, and try lifting Steve.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 08:37:57 pm
Steve starts wiggling around as you lift him up. "H-hey! Put me down!" he shouts. "HELP! AUGH!"

It's quite easy lifting him, you find.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 08:46:10 pm
"Hrm... This is rather easy... Let's try two..."

Try lifting both him and Anna at the same time.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 08:50:22 pm
You pick up Anna as well, feeling more strained. You handle them both, but you think that you can push yourself to do one more. It's made harder by the fact that they won't hold still for you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 12:52:41 pm
Try lifting Clyde as well, figuring he's lighter than the lizard.

"Justin had useful powers..."

Drop them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 01:01:27 pm
You only barely manage Clyde, dropping all of them quickly.

"Yeah, I guess it would have been useful having him as another member," says Clyde.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 01:06:27 pm
"He was a good person, but he was stupid... He was perfectly safe but attacked the soldiers and ran for it regardless... I don't miss him, though. He's still with me, in a way..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 01:26:44 pm
"Well, it's getting close to dinner time," says Steve. "Let's get something cooking."

You believe you'll have some free time while they prepare dinner.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 01:36:27 pm
"I'm going to fly for a while."

Leave the room, and turn into a raven, flying around and looking for anything interesting.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 02:56:25 pm
You enjoy the feel of the breeze on your wings as you fly out, looking over the Phoenix sunset. You notice a number of military vehicles moving into the city, but they aren't like the national guard vehicles moving out. You guess that it might be FrundTech.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 03:15:06 pm
Land on a moving vehicle at the back of any other vehicles, and look to see if there are any gaps I could slip into.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 03:17:35 pm
You swoop down onto a van, taking a small while to find an open window. There are two soldiers in here, but it seems that they're wearing armor that covers their entire bodies!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 03:26:09 pm
Decide it best to find a way to deal with this armour when they're less likely to expect it. Melt, and slide in through the window, quickly turning into the gorilla-snake-raven. Try to lift them both into the air with Justin's mind, while ripping them apart with my snakes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 03:30:01 pm
There's not enough room in the car! You become stuck up against the soldiers and the dashboard! They scream, thrashing, and the vehicles swerves out of control!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 03:34:31 pm
Quickly change my body shape from a gorilla to a human to give me more room, and start choking both of them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 03:38:25 pm
You turn into a human, but your choking seems ineffective! Their suits are getting in the way! One of them whacks you twice with a gun, which really hurts! The other takes the wheel, trying to control the vehicle, while punching you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 03:43:29 pm
Try to use telekinesis to press them both tightly against the dashboard. Move the steering wheel with two tentacles, trying to crash the vehicle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 03:49:35 pm
You easily succeed in crashing the vehicle into the vehicle in front of it. That vehicle then crashes into a wall.

Both of the soldiers sustain some injuries, but you keep them pressed against the dashboard. Their armor is certainly tough, you think.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 03:55:17 pm
Keep them held down, and grab a gun with a tentacle, pulling it into my arms and firing at them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 03:59:59 pm
It's difficult firing at them in this confined space, and the weapon easily slips from your grip! You hit one a few times before the recoil forces the gun upwards! The other soldier grabs some kind of device, pointing at you, and firing! Two wires fly out of it, hitting you in the chest, and sending an electric jolt through your body! The electricity causes you to lose your form, melting back into ooze!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 04:03:42 pm
Quickly move for the one I shot, sliding under his armour through one of the holes I made, and quickly start to consume his head.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 04:05:32 pm
You find it difficult to move, and in the time it takes for you to collect yourself, they've opened the doors and have managed to get out! The guy you shot is moving slowly, though, he obviously doesn't feel well.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 04:11:50 pm
Slide out of the van, and reform into the abomination. Try to slam them both onto the ground mentally, and stomp their heads.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 04:15:38 pm
There are more than just these two soldiers! There are about eight of them out here!

You slam the two, both of them going down easily. However, not even your mighty kick shatters their heads completely, the helmets proving especially resilient! But they stop moving.

The other soldiers all point their guns at you. "FREEZE, MUTANT SCUM!" shouts one.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 04:20:07 pm
Talk with all my mouths at once.
"I can't freeze. I don't have those kinds of powers, though that would be interesting."

Quickly melt, and try to slide into the the armour of one of the men below me, trying to consume as much as possible before they realise bullets won't work.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 04:22:07 pm
They start firing at the dead soldier's body, the bullets not doing any lasting harm to you, but greatly hindering your ability to eat this man!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 04:27:24 pm
Enter any new wounds the bullets create, getting deeper into his body, trying to consume his internal organs where the bullets will have less effect.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 04:28:27 pm
Try as they might, the bullets prove ineffective, and you continue eating your meal.

You can sense one cautiously approaching you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 04:34:26 pm
Eat as fast as possible, trying to consume enough of him to absorb him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 04:38:03 pm
You successfully consume the soldier. His memories begin integrating...

The soldier pokes the body. He's quite foolish.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 20, 2012, 08:28:09 pm
Look at him through a hole in the body, and mentally pull him down on top of it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 20, 2012, 08:30:55 pm
You are pleased to find that your telekinesis works without having a solid form. The soldier falls down on top of the now-empty suit of armor!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 20, 2012, 08:38:08 pm
Slide into the gap between his body and the armour. Keep him held down, and turn into a tentacle, pulling his gun towards me. Turn into a pair of arms with eyes in the best positions to see out, and start firing at the other soldiers from under my human shield.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 20, 2012, 08:42:22 pm
The soldiers have mostly cleared out from the scene, but you start firing at the few left! They get hit, retreating behind cover, shouting into their radios!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 20, 2012, 08:47:16 pm
Slide into the suit, and turn into Justin inside it. Shove the soldier off me, and fire a few shots into his head, starting to run in a direction almost towards the base, but not quite.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 20, 2012, 08:50:59 pm
Your grateful for this suit, but it's full of holes, and it's clear that it isn't of much use in its current state after having an entire squad empty bullets into it. You execute the soldier, and start running off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 20, 2012, 08:58:08 pm
Decide to ditch the suit completely, and slip out of it, turning into a tropical bird, and flying off in a random direction. Once I'm out of sight, turn into a raven and fly back to the base.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 20, 2012, 09:00:58 pm
You turn into a tropical bird, gaining the attention of several people as you fly off! However, nobody takes any notice of you as a raven, and you make it back to base with nobody watching.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 21, 2012, 01:09:06 pm
Return to the base, and sit down as the soldier, clothing him in Mark's clothes, and reflecting upon everything I now know about Frundtech.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 21, 2012, 02:12:44 pm
The absorption process was heavily hindered by gunfire, and the interruptions severely limited your integrated knowledge. You only know that you were recently sent to Phoenix on a quarantine mission, and that you were a new recruit. He was a violent type, he seemed to think about killing mutants a lot.

Everybody else is sitting around a table, eating the rations they stole. "Where were you?" asks Clyde, not bothering to read your mind.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 21, 2012, 02:17:58 pm
"I killed two Frundtech soldiers but didn't learn much."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 21, 2012, 02:21:03 pm
"...You crashed two trucks? Tower...I think it's important for you to help us maintain a low profile...you know that they aren't just going to forget this stuff, right?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 21, 2012, 02:28:19 pm
"Crashed one truck. Two soldiers inside it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 21, 2012, 02:32:23 pm
"You crashed it by crashing the truck in front of it," says Clyde. "And then a whole bunch of soldiers fired at you before you left."

"I wouldn't think you'd be so indiscreet about something like this," says Anna. "I mean, you could have at least waited for them to stop the car!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 21, 2012, 02:42:57 pm
Start looking at them all edgily, not understanding how to handle being criticised like this.

"You said we should stop Frundtech and I stopped two people from Frundtech. What is your problem?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 21, 2012, 02:44:22 pm
"We need to stop FrundTech strategically, not by just up and attacking people like that!" says Clyde. "Now they'll probably be on higher alert!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 21, 2012, 03:05:15 pm
"It was strategic. I wanted information but they didn't know anything useful. They would have been on high alert anyway because... because that's the sort of thing they do and that didn't make any sense outwardly and you've made me confuse myself with thoughts of other people and NOW I'VE FORGOTTEN WHAT I WAS SAYING!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 21, 2012, 03:06:38 pm
Everybody jumps back at your sudden exclamation.

"Tower," says Clyde, "just don't go off on your own like that. We need to work together if we want to survive. And we can't afford to lose you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 21, 2012, 03:09:08 pm
Calm down a little.

"How can I avoid going out on my own when none of you can even fly?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 21, 2012, 03:12:39 pm
"Well, do you have to fly?" asks John. "It's almost like you don't want to work with us..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 21, 2012, 04:12:24 pm
"Walking is inconvenient and makes it very easy to get caught, especially when you can't remove your scales. I don't know why we're staying here instead of doing something, either."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 21, 2012, 04:25:27 pm
"We've already done something today," says Steve. "I mean, we're not machines, we're exhausted!"

"There must be some way you can occupy yourself without causing destruction," says Clyde.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 04:48:04 pm
Look at him for a few seconds, confused.

"...Like?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 04:51:44 pm
"Maybe sitting down and enjoying a meal with us?" asks John, offering a spot at the table to you. "I mean, here's a ration. You can have it if you want." He sets down a ration onto the table.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 05:01:37 pm
Turn into Justin, and clothe myself, sitting down at the table. Slowly open up the ration with a tentacle, and prod at it.

"...Huh..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 05:07:35 pm
It seems quite dry.

"You have to add water and stir," says Steve. "Here, I'll help." He sprays some water from his water bottle into the powdery mix. There's a spoon that you can use to mix it sitting next to you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 05:12:50 pm
Hold the spoon in my hand, and make circular motions with it, stirring the ration. Try some of it, cautiously.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 05:15:43 pm
You shovel a bit into your mouth, tasting it carefully. You fail to see the appeal in it, however, as it tastes bland, is unpleasant to swallow, and contains low nutritional value. The package claims that this is "jambalaya," but you are quite sure that jambalaya would not taste like this!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 05:25:03 pm
Swallow it reluctantly, and put the rest down.

"This could only be more terrible if it was poisonous, and it probably is in large quantities."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 05:28:40 pm
"It's better than what we've been eating before," says John.

"What? I enjoyed the rats!" says Steve.

"Unlike you, Steve, we still have human taste buds," says Anna.

You think that it would be more interesting if everyone was talking about something you would like to talk about. You should try some of this "human conversation."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 05:52:55 pm
Try to be normal.

"Rats are nicer than this. People are much nicer, though. I wish you could try them the way I eat them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 05:58:10 pm
As is the custom for when you attempt to be normal, everyone acts appalled and with confusion.

"That's...great, Tower," says Anna. "Hey, why don't you go out and...get us some dessert? We have money, don't we?"

"I swiped about $200," says John, setting it on the table.

"Yeah, use that!" says Anna.

It's obvious that this is a ploy to keep you busy and away from everyone.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 06:11:06 pm
Stay silent for several seconds, before responding.

"Do you enjoy my company in the slightest or do you simply intend to use me for my abilities?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 06:14:22 pm
"Well..." says Clyde, obviously reading your mind in an attempt to find a response that would satisfy you. "...Um...we would enjoy your company more if you improved your social skills! That's the one thing that would tip someone off as to what you really are, Tower. If you act like a human on top of looking like one, then everybody will believe that you're a human!"

But what about mutants? Don't they usually look AND act like humans?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 06:26:13 pm
"Or they'll think I'm a mutant who acts like a human, like the rest of you. You're reading my mind and still managed to make an argument that didn't make sense."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 06:30:44 pm
"...I really need to do that less often, it makes me so shortsighted," says Clyde.

"Maybe all you need is to just sit down with one of us and talk," says John. "I'm certainly willing to take the time to help you develop your social skills."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 07:24:15 pm
"Okay... Develop them, then. You're sitting down with me now. Say whatever it is you want to say."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 07:30:22 pm
"...Do you have any hobbies?" asks John. "My hobby is painting."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 07:45:53 pm
"Why would you paint? It doesn't serve any logical purpose. I collect people, and other animals, but you don't seem to see that as a valid hobby."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 07:50:19 pm
"Well, it's a relaxing way to pass the time, and do something I enjoy," says John. "Let's suppose that you find yourself unable to 'collect' people and animals. What would you do to pass the time in that case?"

You guess you could try to feign interest in something by searching your memories for what might seem like a good hobby for someone. You identify that many of these assimilated organisms quite enjoyed sexual intercourse, that would be a good response.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 07:56:16 pm
"...Copulation. I enjoy it greatly and think about it often, like many other perfectly normal humans."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 08:02:03 pm
Everyone is visibly embarrassed by your assertion that fornication is your favorite hobby. You don't understand why, surely they must enjoy it as well!

"Um, Tower, some things just aren't...well, socially acceptable," says Anna, seeming to be holding back laughs. "Sex, is one of those things!" She's getting quite red.

"...Sex with you would probably be incredibly interesting and different," Steve notes offhandedly and with a chuckle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 08:06:54 pm
Look at Steve.

"I've never tried it before, but if you're interested I might, to see why it's so important."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 08:09:42 pm
"Um...I'll pass," says Steve, strangely reversing his previous position. He looks around nervously.

Clyde, meanwhile, looks at Steve knowingly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 08:17:38 pm
"Why are you looking at him, Clyde? Is he thinking about something important?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 08:19:51 pm
"Oh, it's nothing!" says Clyde. Although it clearly sounds like Clyde knows it's something.

"...Goodbye!" says Steve, quickly leaving the room.

Everyone besides you starts laughing hysterically.

"HE WAS ACTUALLY CONSIDERING IT!" says John between laughs.

"OW...THIS LAUGHING MAKES MY STOMACH HURT!" says Anna.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 08:29:03 pm
Look around, starting to understand, and wondering if I should be offended at them laughing. Decide to go ask Steve whether I should, since everybody will be busy dealing with Anna's hurt stomach.

Melt, and go find Steve.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 08:35:57 pm
You find Steve in a wing of the building that appears to have become everyone's rooms. You find Steve sitting on a bed in his room. He notices as you answer.

"Oh, what is it NOW? Don't take that conversation seriously, it was a joke!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 08:44:24 pm
"Everyone started laughing loudly because you were considering it, and I think I'm meant to feel offended, but if you don't want to talk to me either, okay."

Turn into a snake, and go eat more rats, content that I understand snakes and rats perfectly well.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 08:48:21 pm
As you begin to leave, Steve speaks up.

"Wait! Don't go...alright, this is really weird, and it's kind of uncomfortable...but they're right. I kind of...do want to do this. With you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 08:58:57 pm
Reform as Megan, forgetting to remove the snake scales, and not bothering to form clothing. Look at him strangely.

"...Okay, I'll try it. I don't know how this works. How do we start?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 09:01:02 pm
You recognize that males are sexually aroused by such imagery as this, though normally without the scales.

"Um...alright. Here, lay down on my bed, face up," he says, getting off the bed, offering you a spot.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 09:14:38 pm
Get rid of the scales, remembering to replace it with skin, and nod, doing as he says.

"Okay. What now?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 09:19:39 pm
"Um...you could keep it with the scales...I'm more comfortable with them now. Anyway...you just...I'm not sure, spread your legs? You know how this works, right? I just...do that thing, and we both...enjoy it or something, I guess...this is just so casual! It's really weird! I'm...I'm getting butterflies in my stomach..."

Steve unzips his torn pants, and lies down on top of you.

What follows next is certainly pleasurable, appealing to the basest of your integrated instincts. You position yourself to make it as pleasurable as possible, and Steve seems to be enjoying it as well. It gets faster, and then slower, and then a bit faster again, the act lasting for about 15 minutes before you feel a sudden peak in your pleasure!

Steve settles down, and lies in bed next to you, breathing hard.

"Um...you won't get pregnant, will you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 09:28:35 pm
"I can change so that I don't have a womb, but what about the butterflies in your stomach?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 09:33:02 pm
"That's just a figure of speech. I don't literally have butterflies in my stomach, I just feel nervous," says Steve. "...I can't believe we just did this. Did you...enjoy it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 09:39:25 pm
"I did enjoy it. It was like a normal, easy to understand animal thing, but we were people, and it felt nice."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 09:41:06 pm
"That's...great. Would you do it again some other time?" asks Steve, getting up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2012, 08:36:18 pm
Get up as well, turning into Justin, and clothing myself.

"I have little else to do, so okay."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2012, 08:40:12 pm
"...Please don't mention this to anybody else...especially that asshole, Clyde." Steve seems to hold Clyde in disdain for what happened earlier, a hint of anger in his voice with his statement.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2012, 09:01:07 pm
"Won't he just read your mind, anyway?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2012, 09:05:08 pm
"He might sometime, but he seems to show restraint in using his abilities. I'm not going to be the butt of another joke, though." Steve opens the door, walking out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2012, 09:13:51 pm
Wonder what to do now, and shrug, following Steve.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2012, 09:20:30 pm
You follow Steve back into the main meeting room, where everyone seems to have cleaned up. Clyde isn't here, but Anna and John are.

"Hey, Steve, we're...sorry if that upset you," says Anna.

"It's alright," says Steve. "I understand."

John looks at you. "Hey Tower, I thought of something else we could talk about! Movies!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2012, 09:24:39 pm
"Let me remember whether anybody I've eaten has seen any."

Look through my collected memories for movies I've seen.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2012, 09:30:56 pm
A large number of titles and genres come to mind. It seems that all of these people have seen a lot of movies. One that a lot of people seem to remember is titled "The Blob." It's about...an organism much like you, except it doesn't really do much else besides eat people because it can't transform...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2012, 09:37:55 pm
"...Have you seen 'The Blob?'"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2012, 09:45:06 pm
"Um, well, yes," says John. "It's funny that you bring that one up, it actually has a few parallels to...yourself, I guess. I mean, there's a blob, and it eats people, and everybody panics before they eventually find a way to freeze it and send it to the Antarctic."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2012, 09:54:26 pm
"It was an inferior model, I assume. It could absorb genetic material, but not truly replicate it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2012, 09:56:52 pm
"Um, movies aren't real, Tower," says John. "The blob wasn't a 'model' or anything, it was just a special effect made by mixing water and corn starch, I think."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2012, 10:03:20 pm
"...I know... I was just trying to talk about the movie..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2012, 10:15:09 pm
"Well, then why did you call it an inferior model? Ah, never mind. Have you ever heard about The Birds? Alfred Hitchcock made it, and it's a suspense film!"

You can recall memories of such a movie. For some reason, a bunch of birds just start acting crazy and attacking people. You don't see why it's a memorable film, though.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2012, 07:58:37 pm
"All I remember is birds killing people and the people screaming a lot."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2012, 08:04:53 pm
"Well, it's a story of suspense! The exact cause behind the sudden aggression in the birds is never explained! And the ending? It was a complete cliffhanger! Alfred Hitchcock was perhaps the most prolific director of his time!"

You're bored of talking about movies.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2012, 08:11:25 pm
"...What else can we do?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2012, 08:13:20 pm
"Um...do you want to talk about something else?" asks John. "Because we could! Or, if talking isn't your thing, why don't you suggest something?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2012, 08:23:28 pm
"You were trying to teach me how to act like a normal human, but it doesn't seem very interesting. What else is there to do?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2012, 08:27:01 pm
"Well...it's kind of getting late. Have you tried sleeping?" asks Clyde, stepping in.

Steve and Anna, who were discussing something, look his way before heading for their rooms, shrugging slightly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2012, 08:33:50 pm
Aware that I haven't picked a bed yet, find the one next to Steve's, and lie down on it, turning into a pig with gorilla fur.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2012, 08:42:24 pm
Steve's room only has one bed, so you decide on claiming the room next to it.

You know that there are a lot of forms available to you, but not all of them are beneficial. It's sort of like how the most useless animals are the ones being used for food. You remember how you got so many useful forms at the zoo. That place had so many unique organisms...and they were all delicious.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 07:58:16 pm
Turn into a scaled Megan with six eyeless snakes for hair, and go to sleep.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 08:03:11 pm
You sleep.

You're in a dark tunnel, the sounds of train horns in the distance. You see light down the tunnel, and darkness behind you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 08:14:36 pm
Debate between running for the light at the end of the tunnel, as a human expression baselessly refers to it as a sign of hope, and running further into the darkness, as logic indicates that the light is a train. End up doing nothing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 08:18:39 pm
You stand still, the light neither retreating nor approaching. The train doesn't come, but you can still hear it as if it were nearby.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 08:23:07 pm
Pause, and begin to slowly walk towards the light, looking at my body.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 08:30:33 pm
You...can't make anything definite out. Your body seems to be without features beyond basic shape.

You emerge from the tunnel, coming upon a field of rolling greens underneath a blue sky. A lone tree makes itself apparent on top of a hill.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 08:48:34 pm
Walk up the hill, having never seen anything like this before, at least not in my own memories. Put my hands on the bark, and start to examine the tree.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 08:55:59 pm
The tree is quite large, with aged bark that hosts many tiny life forms within. You look out, seeing a city beyond these rolling greens. It is unfamiliar to you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 09:08:32 pm
Start walking in the direction of the city, looking at the sky.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 09:13:34 pm
You're unsure why the sky is this color. How does it go from black to blue like that?

Upon reaching the city, familiar faces passing you as you walk through the streets. People, animals, you've consumed them. They're all here, walking past.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 09:17:03 pm
Find Justin among the crowd.

"Hello."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 09:21:23 pm
"Tower! How has it been? I'm still glad that you were able to save me." He seems quite happy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 09:35:01 pm
"I'm happy I did, too... Are you really Justin or do I just imagine you're still with me as a platform for Justin's memories?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 09:36:40 pm
"I AM Justin," says Justin sincerely. "Tower...perhaps we could focus on tracking down Belle?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 09:46:37 pm
"You'd still say that if you were just my imagination, but I'll ignore that for now. Do you want me to consume Belle? It would mean you'd have plenty of time to sort out your argument with her."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 09:48:33 pm
"If possible. It wouldn't be a bad idea. But we have to keep in mind that there's another you after us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 10:12:52 pm
"I'd forgotten about him. Perhaps I should consume Steve, to more easily deal with the second Tower with acid? I'm hesitant to do that, because he serves a purpose, unlike the others. He offered me that sexual intercourse thing that you humans like, and it was interesting."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 10:17:07 pm
"...Oh. Well, I wouldn't eat him," says Justin. "But perhaps you could find done other ways of your own to solve that problem. FrundTech has mutants, you know."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 05:35:53 pm
"Yes... I should target Frundtech mutants... What's the relationship between FrundTech and PowellCorp?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 05:40:50 pm
"I believe they are two separate, competing companies. However, PowellCorp proved not to be as successful as FrundTech in military application, and ultimately suffered as a result. At least, that's what I'm guessing now." Justin sighs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 05:51:26 pm
"...What's it like here?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 05:55:20 pm
"It's either distinct...or a mix of various senses. It's sort of like...I'm still me, when I choose to, but I can also be everyone..."

You know that you can't take Justin's word for it, since he's a projection of your mind, and is not a reliable narrator.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 07:58:53 pm
"This subject confuses me. Where do you think Belle would go?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 08:01:07 pm
"Well...there is one place you could look. We frequented a certain bar called the Lazy Jane...you could look there, maybe ask around. You probably won't find her, but you might hear something."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 08:06:41 pm
"I'll try that... Is there a fixed time I'll wake up or will this dream end when I run out of things to stimulate my mind? Dreams confuse me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 08:14:39 pm
"Dreams are quite odd...they Tower. Tower. Tower. Tower."

You are shaken awake as you feel somebody shaking you. You recognize the voice as Steve.

"Tower. Tower. Tower."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 08:17:37 pm
Open my eyes.

"Tower. Tower. Tower. Dreams. Steve. Hello."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 08:24:43 pm
Steve looks at you oddly as you utter your sentence. "Um, yes, hi. Listen, there's something going on on the street outside of our building. You'd probably be interested."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 08:31:32 pm
"Okay."

Get up, turning into a random soldier in civilian clothing, and looking to see what he's talking about.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 08:35:08 pm
You get up and walk up the stairs until you get a good viewpoint. You look down the street, noting weapons fire and shouting. There's some kind of conflict between two mutants, soldiers, and a FrundTech mutant!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 08:44:45 pm
Hide, and turn into a raven, watching from a rooftop, not wanting to intervene so close to the hideout, hoping to make my move later.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 08:50:46 pm
The soldiers don't fare too well, as one mutant seems to possess some sort of ability to throw cars. He's quite strong. The other mutant seems to have the power to give off some kind of glowing energy, but you're not sure what it is. The FrundTech mutant seems to be a female with the ability to shoot ice!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 08:57:12 pm
Wait and see who wins, paying attention to the glowing one.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 09:00:42 pm
You see a fair number of soldiers go down, but the muscular mutant falls during the battle as well! However, he soon stands back up as the glowing mutant channels the glowing energy into him!

The ice mutant is all that's left on the other side. She's quite distracted, you think...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 09:04:30 pm
Fly down behind her, turning into the abomination as I descend, and ripping her apart with my tentacles.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 09:06:27 pm
She turns to face you as you transform, but your grip against her tensile strength proves that your grip is superior. She tears apart, leaving the yummy matter for your consumption. The two mutants, however, seem quite surprised.

"Holy shit!" exclaims the muscleman, who steps back. "What the fuck is that thing!?"

"Hey! If you can understand us, we don't want another fight! We'll cream you!" says the woman accompanying him. She seems rather brash.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 30, 2012, 06:59:37 pm
Consume the mutant I just killed, and reform as her.

"You'll 'cream' me? I've never eaten cream, so I'm unsure of what that entails, but I think it was a threat... I'm unsure. If it was a threat of physical violence, you have no means of damaging me at all, but it's normal for you fleshy things to think otherwise. Does threatening me mean you don't want to work together?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 30, 2012, 07:02:54 pm
"Holy shit...you're a shapeshifter?" asks the woman. "W-what happened to that body? Did you eat it!?"

"Who the hell are you?" asks the man, keeping his distance.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 30, 2012, 07:18:42 pm
"I am Tower, a shapeshifting gelatinous mass standing conspicuously in the middle of the road. Begin running, and I will follow."

Turn into a tropical bird with the black feathers of a raven, and follow them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 30, 2012, 07:23:00 pm
"Don't try any of your shit on us!" says the man. "But we should be getting out of here..."

Both the man and the woman start running, moving away from the road through several alleyways and streets, trying to look normal. They eventually get into a car.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on April 30, 2012, 07:27:44 pm
Land on their wing-mirror, and peck gently on the window.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 30, 2012, 07:29:32 pm
They seem uncomfortable, but a window is cracked open for you as the car begins moving.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 02, 2012, 06:46:41 pm
Fly in, and turn into Mark in the back seat, talking with both his and Karen's voices.

"Our base is on the street you were fighting on. Drive around aimlessly for a while and then head back. You don't like me already just because I'm not like you, so you'll probably like the others. That is good, I think."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 02, 2012, 06:53:34 pm
"Wait, what? We need to go back to get our shit, first!" says the man.

"Could you stop talking like that?" asks the woman.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 02, 2012, 06:56:07 pm
"I don't see why you need to go back to retrieve your excrement. It's of little use apart from maybe fuel, and fines only apply to dogs. And stop talking like what?"

See if anybody I've absorbed knows a different language, and try that.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 02, 2012, 07:01:11 pm
A number of these people are able to speak Spanish, so you start speaking in Spanish.

"WITHOUT THE DOUBLE VOICES," says the woman sternly, as you pull into a parking lot.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 02, 2012, 07:07:45 pm
Try English again, even more confused.

"I'm only speaking in one double-voice. Multiple double-voices would be composed of at least four different single voices. You're getting angry, though, and I'm unsure why."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 02, 2012, 07:09:48 pm
"J-SHUT UP!" she shouts, visibly angry.

"You don't want to make her angry! But you just did!" says the other guy, getting out of the car and heading for the apartment building in front of you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 03, 2012, 06:56:43 pm
Get out, and start to follow him.

"Shut up? Shut what, and how can something be shut upwards? I suppose it could be possible if something opened downwards from a ceiling, but... Oh, maybe you're telling me to stop talking. That's not a pleasant thing to say, especially to something trying to be your friend, but okay..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 03, 2012, 07:01:33 pm
You note how she is quick to anger.

You enter the apartment, the place looking rather abysmal as the two go about with bags, packing everything they can. You don't see why they would need so many things. Some of the items they pack strike you as quite odd, since they would only serve for decoration. Things like vases and small statuettes, and jewelry. Why would they need all of this?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 03, 2012, 07:11:02 pm
Tilt my head a little while turning into Megan.

"Why do you need all of these things? I don't understand why you would collect things that serve no purpose in the first place, but why make effort to take them with you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 03, 2012, 07:13:48 pm
"It's complicated, get in the car!" says the man, rushing out with the woman. You head back to the car, and start driving.

"So, where is this place exactly?" asks the man as he drives.

You recall that it is located near a bronze statue of a man with a cane, but you can't recall the street address. Though the scene of the battle will most likely mark it for you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 03, 2012, 07:20:48 pm
"If you go to the bronze statue of the male human with a walking-stick I can give exact directions from there."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 03, 2012, 07:22:23 pm
"That's not much to go on...but it's alright, I see where we were fighting now," says the man.

You pass by the area again, a few more cars of FrundTech soldiers on the scene. The car drives down an adjacent road before you come upon your base.

"Are we close?" asks the woman.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 03, 2012, 07:33:46 pm
"Yes. Park here. I mean, stop the vehicle. There is no park."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 03, 2012, 07:39:26 pm
They stop the vehicle down the street, and get out.

You make it back inside the building, where Clyde is sitting in the main area. "Ah, Tower. Glad to see you're alright. Hello...Maddie and Doug. How are the two of you?"

The two seem surprised. The one you presume is Maddie opens her mouth to speak, but Clyde answers her question. "I can read minds. You can emit various energies and your partner has super strength. You'll help our cause."

"What cause is that?" she asks.

"Tower, could you tell them what our cause is?" asks Clyde.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 03, 2012, 07:59:41 pm
"We're here to stop the quarantine for reasons I can't remember. It gives me a constructive way to collect more people, though."

Try to form ice in my hand.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 03, 2012, 08:05:00 pm
You draw on the mutant's knowledge of its own powers, managing to form a small ball of ice in your hand.

This mutant's memories are peculiar, and flavorful compared to the many boring humans you've eaten.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 07:08:08 pm
See if she knows anything about Frundtech that I wasn't aware of already, while trying to freeze a chair solid.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 07:11:57 pm
She knows...tactics. She knows how to use her powers well, and how to use them in conjunction with other FrundTech mutants. She doesn't know much else, though.

The chair frosts over after a few moments, but you'll have to practice if you want to get anywhere with it.

"Well...how exactly are we supposed to break the quarantine?" asks Doug.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 08:09:42 pm
"The others pretend they know what they're doing but they just keep repeating things about fighting together and none of it makes any sense. If I wanted out of here I could just fly, but nobody else can do that for some reason."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 08:13:46 pm
"That point should be fairly obvious, we can't shapeshift," says Maddie.

"So..can you just mix and match whatever you want, then?" asks Doug. "Because it seems that you've done something like that before."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 08:21:13 pm
"I think it's stupid that you can't shapeshift. And yes. Yes I can."

Turn into a snake-scaled gorilla, with a pig's head, and crab-claws for hands, creating snakes for tentacles, as well.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 08:23:24 pm
"Dear lord, you are an ungodly monstrosity!" says Doug. "I mean...is that even practical?"

"Where the fuck did you eat a gorilla, if that's what I think that is?" asks Maddie.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 08:26:16 pm
"I went to the zoo a few days ago. Speaking of which, I'd like to go again. It was fun last time; I can see why humans like them so much."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 08:30:59 pm
"Is that what caused those incidents?" asks Doug. "I never would have thought it was a mutant that did that...well, not a mutant like you, anyway."

The zoo isn't too far from here, you could easily get yourself a nice meal to eat, and diversify yourself.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 08:38:10 pm
"Can we go to the zoo now? It seems like a fun human activity. Steve can't really go, but Steve isn't human, and can't pretend to be human like I can, so I don't think he minds."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 08:40:01 pm
"Well, we just had something very stressful happen to us," says Doug, "we're not looking to go out so soon. You can certainly feel free to go, we'll probably just slow you down. I mean, you're the only one who can fly."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 08:48:09 pm
"...You understand? I didn't think it was a socially acceptable thing to say that I thought of all of you as liabilities, but you think so, too? I've only been staying here because having so many minds makes it hard to decide on any goals, so having squishy liabilities to guide me in a general direction is useful. Thank you, Doug, for being so understanding. I'll enjoy my trip to the zoo so much more with this knowledge."

Turn into Justin, and start to walk out, turning into a raven and flying to the zoo once I leave.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 08:50:23 pm
They give you odd looks as you leave. Maybe you said too much?

Regardless, you make it to the zoo quickly, getting a good look at it from overhead. You still remember the layout quite well, and it looks like you should be able to discreetly enter any cage you feel like. You've been getting better at consuming, too, so perhaps you'll be able to absorb more before any zookeepers notice.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 08:59:06 pm
Pay the bear enclosure a second visit, and try my luck again.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 09:02:25 pm
You enter the polar bear exhibit again, delighted that there don't appear to be any zookeepers. You silently enter one of the beasts, quickly and efficiently eating away at it, until the body is assimilated into your biomass.

A wondrous new form is granted to you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 09:04:12 pm
Fly off again, very pleased with how I've improved. Remind myself what other enclosures there are.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 09:06:55 pm
You've got plenty more enclosures to work with. There's an entire aquarium, giraffes, monkeys, zebras, lions, alligators, crocodiles, a bug house! They're all so exotic and delicious! So hard to decide...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 09:11:13 pm
Head straight for the bug house upon remembering it, hoping that a form composed of the wonders I find in there will be more to the group's liking.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 09:14:07 pm
You enter the house as a rat, looking around. It seems that the bugs are all in separate enclosures, all hard to reach normally. However, you notice a zookeeper exiting from a service entrance. That should lead you into a better access point for the enclosures!

You take a look at the bugs. You have scorpions, tarantulas, beetles, ants, bees, wasps, butterflies, so many exotic and colorful bugs!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 09:21:10 pm
Try to devour one of every kind, since they shouldn't take long to digest.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 09:24:36 pm
You eat so much unique DNA that you achieve the equivalent of a kind of human emotion...what was it called, happiness? Perhaps. But you're more than happy. You're ecstatic!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 09:35:10 pm
Excitedly decide that the lion would have the perfect frame to be mixed with the parts of organisms I just consumed, and fly to their enclosure.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 09:38:22 pm
There are several lions lying about. You notice visible differences between males and females, noting that males have magnificent manes of hair, while females are much more plain. You guess you could eat one of each if you wanted, though.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 09:55:38 pm
Go with one of each, and decide I'm actually satisfied with the amount of unique DNA I've just eaten, trying to fly away before somebody notices.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 10:01:16 pm
You're pretty sure somebody's going to notice in a couple of minutes. You fly away, ideas running through your head of how to use all of this new DNA! You'll be able to surprise your colleagues back home!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 10:34:28 pm
While in a hidden location, but before entering, turn into a lioness, changing all of my anatomy, bit by bit, to that of an tarantula, becoming a giant spider. Sprout wasp-wings and a stinger, and put scorpion-stingers on the ends of my tentacles. Fly in, hoping to impress everyone with my genetic superiority.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 10:37:32 pm
This transformation is strenuous due to the number of different elements you put into it, but in the end, you think you become a prime example of superior genes!

"OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!?" shouts Anna as you fly in, terrified by your form. Steve seems to become surprised, and turns invisible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 11:01:04 pm
Land on the table, flexing my eight legs, and tentacles.

"I used a lioness as a base for the shape, and I think I incorporated the spider, wasp, and scorpion parts well."

Turn my front two spider-legs into scorpion pincers.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 11:03:48 pm
You strain yourself a bit more, and your front legs become pincers.

"STOP IT! STOP IT! YOU'RE SCARING ME!" shouts Anna, screaming.

"What the fuck is go-OH HOLY SHIT!" shouts John as he bursts into the room.

Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 01:50:23 pm
Talk with several random voices.

"...I thought you'd like it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 02:11:07 pm
"Hey guys, what's th-WHOOOAAAAA!" shouts Doug as he steps in.

You might want to try something more pleasing to them before Maddie and Clyde enter in comedic fashions.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 04:38:29 pm
Change the wings to pretty butterfly wings, hoping that satisfies them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 04:41:14 pm
The butterfly wings do nothing to assuage the horrified reactions you get from Maddie and Clyde as they step in.

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS IS I MEAN WHAT IS EVEN THE POINT!?" shouts Maddie.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 04:54:15 pm
"WHY DOES NOBODY LIKE ANYTHING I DO?"

Turn into a gorilla, making many of my features ant-like, and coating myself in white fur. Keep the scorpion-tail tentacles.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 04:57:45 pm
"TOWER, JUST STOP IT!" shouts Anna, getting upset.

A few people even leave the room in disgust! What is there not to like about this? Isn't it interesting?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 05:02:33 pm
Shout, in Karen's voice.
"WHAT AM I EVEN DOING WRONG?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 05:06:16 pm
"JUST TURN BACK TO NORMAL! I CAN'T LOOK AT IT ANYMORE!" shouts John.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 05:11:41 pm
Quickly turn back to gloop, and stay on the table, staying quiet and hoping things stop being so confusing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 05:15:28 pm
"That's better, now turn into a normal person," says John.

"I don't like it when you do that!" says Anna. "Why do you have to turn into some kind of...freakish bug monster amalgam of fear!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 05:30:45 pm
Turn into Justin's head.

"I don't have any normal people. People aren't normal, and normal as a concept doesn't make sense since you have to compare it to strange, but strange doesn't have a definition since you have to compare it to normal.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 05:34:25 pm
"You're always so difficult with this," says John, showing signs of irritation as he puts a hand to his forehead. "...Alright, people like us are kind of afraid of weird things like insects and snakes and such, and we're even more so afraid when we see something that we don't fully understand. So, when you come in as that...lion-bug-spider mix, you tend to scare us because we've never seen anything like it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 05:41:47 pm
"But shouldn't you be fascinated by something you've never seen before? You don't make any sense."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 05:48:43 pm
"It's not fascinating when it's disgusting!" says John, throwing his arms up. "You were just a mass of random parts, there's nothing fascinating about that! People are fascinated when they see something beautiful! Something that looks like it has a semblance of order! You were just chaos!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 06:57:38 pm
"...Then what's beautiful?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 07:05:50 pm
"...Try a butterfly," says Anna.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 07:15:58 pm
Be happy at getting a direct instruction, and turn into a giant butterfly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 07:28:04 pm
You become a large-sized butterfly.

"Okay, it's not as beautiful when it's this large, but you're getting closer. Try a tropical bird or something," says John.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 07:39:54 pm
Turn into a normal tropical bird, reluctantly.

"This isn't all that interesting..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 07:43:45 pm
"Well, it doesn't make people uncomfortable, either," says John. "If you want to be interesting, be interesting in private. Being out in public carries with it certain restrictions."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 07:51:16 pm
"But what's the point in being interesting if there's nobody to share interest with? It's like talking to myself."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 07:53:45 pm
"Well, not everybody shares the same interests as you," says Anna. "You need to find other things that both of you would be interested in if you want to talk about it. But...it doesn't seem that you're interested in much else besides the esoteric topic of shapeshifting."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 07:59:46 pm
"I was specifically engineered to consume organisms and turn into them. I don't see why I should be interested in much else."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 08:01:24 pm
"That's why you desperately need to find more interests!" says John. "Don't you do anything else BESIDES eat things?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 08:08:42 pm
Think about that for several seconds, before answering his question.

"No. What's wrong with that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 08:11:37 pm
"You're just assuming...that others will be interested in the only thing you do, but you aren't a good judge of what things are interesting to other people. The problem is that while you have human intellect, you don't have a human sense of logic!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 08:15:55 pm
"The problem is that humans don't have a sense of logic at all."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 08:20:02 pm
"Well, what do you mean by that?" asks Steve, uncloaking.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 08:54:09 pm
"If I turn into something unusual, like this..."

Turn into a lioness, the right side of the head replaced by Karen's, and the left side of the head replaced by Mark's, both sides having their own hair. Replace all my fur with human skin, and turn my legs into four human arms, from different people. Put human eyes and mouths, with several different voices, in random positions along the length of my body. Coat my tentacles with skin, and put hands at the ends of them, raising all of them into the air. Remove the tail entirely.

"...then the first logical reaction is to examine it more closely, and find out more about it, not to be baselessly afraid even though you know I won't hurt you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 09:02:25 pm
Everybody covers their eyes, looking away with protests.

"THAT ISN'T INTERESTING, IT'S JUST DISTURBING!" says Anna.

"DISGUSTING!" says John.

Steve has no comment.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 09:08:05 pm
Use my tentacles to hold myself up off the ground, looking at Steve.

"What's objectively disturbing about this form?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 09:09:10 pm
"YOU LOOK LIKE A PERSON BUT PEOPLE AREN'T SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE THAT!" he shouts.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 09:18:11 pm
"But I don't look like a person. I look like parts of several different people rearranged into the shape of an animal. How else is that supposed to look?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 09:19:21 pm
"You look like a freakish person!" says John. "You know what? This has gone on too long, I'm out of here." He leaves, having lost his patience.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 09:29:07 pm
"I genuinely don't understand why you're angry at me. You don't want to stop the quarantine?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 09:32:22 pm
"This isn't helping to stop the quarantine," says Steve. "We can only stop the quarantine by stopping FrundTech."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 09:50:25 pm
"But now John's leaving, as if Frundtech doesn't matter."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 09:57:58 pm
"John isn't leaving, he's just headed for his room," says Steve. "Tower, you should just try being...yourself, for a while, maybe, instead of actively trying to come off as interesting to other people."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2012, 06:48:41 pm
"But if I turn into myself you'll think I'm trying to eat you/"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2012, 06:53:23 pm
"I...just be the person that...I...love..." says Steve, short of breath.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2012, 07:00:35 pm
Look at him oddly for a few moments, confused.

"Who do you love? I don't think I've eaten them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2012, 07:05:46 pm
Anna seems confused as Steve continues speaking. "I don't love anybody you've eaten! I...love you! I guess, or something! I don't love anybody you imitate, just you!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2012, 07:22:59 pm
Turn into Megan, and look at him strangely for a few seconds, confused.

"...I don't understand what you're saying at all."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2012, 07:25:20 pm
He comes over and hugs you. The feeling is strange, coming from him. "I just...I don't want you to try to be interesting! I like you just the way you are!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2012, 07:42:11 pm
Hug him back, not very tightly, trying to figure out the specifics of how to do it.

"I still don't understand. What does 'I love you' mean?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2012, 07:46:46 pm
You try to copy Steve's actions, wrapping your arms around his midsection while maintaining a large amount of contact between your two bodies.

"It means...you want to be with someone for the rest of your life...you'd be willing to die for them...it's...hard to explain."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2012, 08:10:05 pm
"...I still don't have any idea what you're talking about. Are you just referring to mating?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2012, 08:11:51 pm
"It's more than that!" says Steve. "Love is more than a feeling! Love cannot be captured by mere words! You have to feel it yourself to know what it is," says Steve.

Perhaps you'd know if you ate him?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2012, 08:42:58 pm
"...Well... There's a way you can always be with me... and have me understand your feelings, too..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2012, 08:46:54 pm
"What are you saying? You want me to...become a part of you?" asks Steve. "I...that's quite a decision to make...I don't know what the others would think. We've been fast friends since we mutated. But...if anyone can teach you what it means to be human...I guess I could."

"Wait, WHAT?" asks Anna, standing up. "Steve, you're saying that you would...you'd give up your identity to be eating by this thing? That's insane! I...it's weird!"

"Yeah...but I love THIS THING," says Steve. "Tell me, Tower...what does being consumed by you feel like?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 05:26:58 pm
"My absorbed memories all show that the areas I'm in contact with feel numb. Justin was the only person I've eaten willingly, and he's more prominent in me than anybody else, so I think the same would apply to you, especially since you aren't dying like he was."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 05:30:19 pm
"That's...comforting, but...alright, maybe I should think about this more before willingly merging with you...it's just...these past few weeks have been so surreal..." Steve suddenly seems tired.

Anna walks off, muttering something to herself. However, Clyde enters the room, a smile on his face. Steve looks over at Clyde, a certain disdain for the man readable in his expression.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 05:32:51 pm
"Hello, Clyde. Why are you happy? I think smiles mean you're either happy or about to kill somebody, and I don't think I've seen you kill anybody."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 05:40:37 pm
"Nothing, this is all just...touching."

Steve practically hisses at Clyde. "Stop judging me! You're an insufferable, smug prick because you come up with this plan to amass power, hoping to turn Phoenix into a despot's domain! You judge everybody, and act like they're below you!"

"It's because it's true," says Clyde. "I CAN judge people, because I can tell who they really are. And my plan is better than anyone else's because nobody HAS any other plans. And, Steve," Clyde begins snickering, "this romance thing you've got here, it's pretty stupid."

He's calling Steve stupid for loving you?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 05:58:52 pm
Grab him by the leg with a tentacle, dragging him across the ground towards me. Make large chunks of my face disappear, making me look horribly mutilated, and dripping blood over the floor. Look down, talking quietly, in Megan's voice.

"...Are you saying that anybody who cares about me is stupid?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 06:01:42 pm
He yelps as you drag him over, expressing more fear than anyone you've seen before. "No no no! Please don't kill me! I'm too important!" he says, in a tone that is not unlike that of a squealing pig.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 06:10:03 pm
Drop him, deciding that now isn't the time nor the place to consume him, and return to my room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 06:12:36 pm
He scrambles away quickly, terrified, as you walk back to your room. Steve follows you.

"Why didn't you do it?" he asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 06:16:10 pm
Turn to him, still angry.

"The others would see, and they would leave."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 06:22:07 pm
"I could talk them out of it," says Steve. "They'd understand if I explained everything to them...but I can't guarantee that the two you just brought in with you will agree."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 06:39:28 pm
Talk quietly.

"...What if I consumed them, too?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 06:44:15 pm
"ALL of them? I...I wouldn't want you to eat all of them, then who would we have left?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 06:47:46 pm
"Then I'd be as effective as all of them, but more efficient."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 06:52:38 pm
"No...they wouldn't be voluntary in becoming a part of you, so I don't want to force it on them. We should just get Clyde, and then worry about the consequences later."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 06:58:42 pm
"...I'll probably be less likely to act impulsively and consume them if you're... with me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 07:00:29 pm
"...Before I become you...let's show our love of each other one more time."

Steve opens the door to his room, letting you inside before locking it, lying down on the bed, throwing off his clothes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 07:09:58 pm
Become pleased at how well that worked, wondering if all humans are this easily manipulated when they're in love, and repair my face, coating myself with scales, and removing my clothes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 07:13:14 pm
You join your partner on the bed, beginning the human activity of fornication. It's more pleasant than last time, now that you've got it down.

As you finish up, Steve seems ready to be taken into you. "I'm ready, Tower," he says, dreamily. "Take me into your mind...show me what it's like to be you..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 07:19:52 pm
"I love you, Steve."

Melt, and spread myself over as much of his body as possible, slowly consuming him. Think about Justin, and begin to feel bad about what I'm doing, wondering if it's right to consume the only person who's nice to me, but remember what Steve said about love, knowing that I'll never understand his feelings without doing this.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 07:23:53 pm
You cover Steve completely, his body unmoving as you begin to consume him. You slowly take him in, his chest slowly rising and falling, calmly, without the usual panic that you're used to feeling in those you consume. Slowly he begins to disappear within you, his knowledge becoming yours. You receive his knowledge, feelings, memories, all in a detail you've never received it in before! You...you think you understand what being human means now! You...you can truly...feel as a human does. THAT is what makes someone human! The key lies in...emotion! You feel love, hatred, sadness, happiness, all of the emotions in between!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 07:30:38 pm
Start crying hysterically, then feel sad about crying, and angry at myself for being sad about crying. Feel sad about feeling angry at myself, and cry even more, turning into Steve.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 07:34:42 pm
You are Steve, and you love yourself!

Please...don't feel bad. I'm...happy...

Who said that? It sounded like Steve!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 07:44:45 pm
"You're really here? YOU'RE REALLY HERE! I LOVE YOU, OR ME, OR US!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 07:50:13 pm
I'm...glad I went through with this...it seems I was right about teaching you how to be human...

You're so happy and in love! But you burn with hatred for Clyde...so unfortunate! You only want to have good feelings, but Clyde makes things feel bad!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 07:54:31 pm
Now... all that's left is to kill Clyde...

Turn into an ant, and find Clyde, sneaking up on him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 07:57:27 pm
You're everything that is me, remember? You can become invisible! And spit acid, you could also do that.

You find Clyde in another room, holding a meeting with everybody else. He's talking about how you've gone out of control and must be stopped if anyone is to have a chance to survive.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 08:19:34 pm
Turn into John, in front of everyone.

"...I... I understand now... feelings... humans... everything... Clyde, you don't... I saved your life, and now you're trying to twist this to make everyone think I'm the bad person... Steve wants me to kill you..."

Grab him with a scaley green tentacle, and throw him across the room, into a wall. Hold him still with Justin's mind, and consume him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 08:21:28 pm
He won't stop screaming, which proves annoying, but you silence him quickly. His DNA is integrated.

You can now read minds to an extent. You're also improving with Justin's telekinesis. Everyone else, however, expresses surprise and horror at the actions that occur before them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 08:27:49 pm
"Okay... Everything is fine now... I'm not going to consume anyone else..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 08:31:35 pm
He died like a coward. I'm glad we got rid of him. Now we can run this group properly, without evil ambitions.

"Okay..." says Doug. "Um...what do we do now?"

"Where's Steve!?" says Anna, with concern.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 08:42:23 pm
"Steve is with me now. I can hear his voice, unlike the others I've consumed. He says he's happy. Do you want to ask him anything?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 08:45:49 pm
They seem puzzled.

"...Steve? What is it like in there?" asks Anna.

It's quite comfortable. It feels like I'm you, and I can either merge with or diverge from your thoughts, becoming a distinct part of your personality at will. I think it's because I calmly gave myself to you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 09:34:00 pm
"...I think he's actually conscious and not my imagination. He says it's comfortable, and that he can think both as me and as himself."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 09:38:20 pm
"That's good, I guess," says John. "But...still, we're two men down now!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 09:49:06 pm
Turn into Clyde, then Steve again.

"Are we?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 09:52:49 pm
"There's only one of you," says Maddie. "That makes five of us, as opposed to seven."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 10:00:44 pm
"But I can read minds, which is all Clyde was good for, anyway, and having Steve and myself in the same body just means that we'll combine our abilities more efficiently. I can do things that he can't, and he can turn invisible."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 10:03:33 pm
"Then what's our next course of action, super-genius?" asks Anna. "What do we do now?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 06:39:44 pm
"Let's see..."

See what Clyde would do next.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 06:42:57 pm
Clyde was planning on using you to intimidate other gangs into complying with his plan to attack and weaken FrundTech through a series of tactical strikes on their bases. It isn't too complicated, really, anybody could have thought of it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 06:51:34 pm
"He was just planning to use me to scare other gangs into joining us, and making attacks against FrundTech's bases. Slightly disappointing considering how important he screamed he was."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 06:55:50 pm
"Can we have a few minutes for a private meeting?" asks John. "We...sort of need to discuss a few things, and we need some privacy."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 07:03:26 pm
"Private meeting with who? You're not being very specific."

Try reading his mind to see what the meeting is about.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 07:04:32 pm
It's difficult to do it, but you clumsily grasp at his thoughts. You can only make out that he plans to...discuss you with the others. They will be talking about you in private.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 07:15:23 pm
"It's probably nothing to do with me. I'll leave."

Walk out, and enter my room, closing the door. Turn into an ant, cloak, and leave, observing their meeting.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 07:20:13 pm
You find that cloaking does not come that easily to you, and for whatever reason you can only do it while assuming the form of Steve!

They're obviously talking about whether or not they should stay in the group now that you're the leader. They're scared of you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 07:33:38 pm
Turn into a rat, and find a way into the gap behind the wall where the other rats are, looking for a spot I can hear them from.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 07:37:41 pm
You enter a crawlspace, finding a reasonable spot to listen in from.

"I only just got here, and this is more insane than anything I've ever experienced in my life," says Doug.

"It just EATS a guy in front of us and expects us to be okay with it?" asks Maddie. "It obviously doesn't understand how people feel about things like that."

"It could just be waiting for a time when it's convenient to eat us," says Anna.

"I say we leave before it inevitably decides that it would rather make everything more 'efficient,' by eating all of us and using our powers," says John.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 08:01:01 pm
Become sad, disliking this emotion and feeling angry about having it. Continue listening.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 08:04:55 pm
"So...when should we leave?" asks Doug.

"...Tonight," says John. "Everybody get ready and pack. We're going to have to distance ourselves from this thing as much as we can."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 08:28:31 pm
Anna will be the easiest to kill, but Doug will be difficult, and I'm unsure how John and Maddie's powers work. John has manipulation of light, correct? What does he do with it?

Leave the crawlspace, and turn into an ant again. Look under the doors, and see if anyone is packing alone.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 08:31:05 pm
Nobody is packing yet, they're all in the main area, seeming to be wondering where you went off to.

John creates these "barriers," of sorts. They sort of look like condensed light, so I can see why the military was unsure of what he does. He's got good synergy with Anna, since he can use his powers to intensify her lasers.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 09:01:09 pm
Enter my room again, and turn into Steve, leaving.

"I'm going to walk around and make plans for attacks on Frundtech."

Attempt to cloak, and find the nearest Frundtech base.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 09:03:41 pm
You cloak nicely, walking out of the room. You can sense that everyone is uncomfortable around you.

You walk around for a while, but you're unsure where the nearest FrundTech base is. You see a few soldiers moving about here and there, but you can't determine where a FrundTech base would be.

Shall we utilize a disguise?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2012, 03:56:19 pm
No, luring Frundtech to the base to kill the others doesn't seem practical.

Head back to the base, turning into an ant again, and checking to see what everyone is doing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2012, 03:58:45 pm
They're puzzled by your sudden disappearance, and they're expressing their concerns. Not concerns about you, concerns about themselves.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2012, 04:07:04 pm
Hang around for a while, waiting for somebody to go to the bathroom.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2012, 04:25:16 pm
You don't see anyone entering a bathroom, they all head into their rooms and start packing things up quickly. You know that Doug and Maddie are packing together, but Anna and John are in separate rooms...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2012, 04:46:17 pm
Go to John's room first, his forcefields the most significant threat. Move behind him, and extend a huge tentacle from my tiny body, wrapping it around his neck as tightly as possible. Turn into Steve, while keeping the tentacle around his neck, forming more tentacles and attempting to rip his limbs off. Attempt to freeze him, as well, to try to keep him from concentrating.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2012, 04:54:40 pm
You note that you're a much larger ant than any other ant you've seen before, probably due to some kind of size restriction you have. You can't extend a tentacle that large from this smaller form, so you transform into Steve directly, shooting a tentacle out and grabbing John's neck. You begin squeezing, more tentacles emerging from your back as you restrain his limbs. You can't focus enough to freeze John much, but that's somewhat unnecessary after you tear all of his limbs off. John drops to the ground, limbless, and dead.

A knocking comes at the door before it opens. "John?" asks Anna. "What's all th-AAUUUGGHHH!" Anna sights the mess before her, and begins screaming, starting to run. "EVERYBODY! TOWER'S BACK, IT'S TRYING TO KILL US ALL! RUN!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2012, 04:58:04 pm
Quickly move out, and grab her with Justin's mind, pulling her back into the room, and keeping her facing away from me.

"RETURN AND EXPLAIN WHY YOU WERE TRYING TO LEAVE WITHOUT TELLING ME OR I'LL KILL HER!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2012, 05:01:39 pm
"EASY there big guy..." says Doug, walking out slowly. "We don't want any trouble...we were going to leave because...well, we thought you'd cause us trouble. Like...what you're doing right now..."

Anna struggles in your grip. "Put me down! PUT ME DOWN! I DON'T WANNA DIE!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2012, 05:08:49 pm
"I listened in to your conversation. It was very rude to have a conversation about me in private, without even trying to hide it. Did you think I wouldn't notice? I wasn't planning on killing any of you until you started talking about me like that... Come into the room... I can't see you well back there..."

Read his mind to see where Maddie is.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2012, 05:10:22 pm
You get only a vague feeling...Maddie is...running.

Doug looks at Anna, then at you. He takes off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2012, 05:18:33 pm
"He deserted you, Anna, like you deserted me."

Snap her neck, twice to make sure she's dead, and drop her to the floor, turning into a lioness. Sprint after Doug, trying to grab him with all my tentacles and Justin's mind at the same time.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2012, 05:21:13 pm
Tower...I don't think this is the right thing to be doing, says Steve, just before you snap Anna's neck. They feel afraid of you because of what you've done, and their fears are not displaced.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2012, 05:27:22 pm
"But they're going to run away... and I need their help to get revenge for Justin... This is the only way they'll help, and you're happy there, aren't you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2012, 05:31:10 pm
You're making me unhappy. Stop this! You can't solve all of your problems with force! You need to calmly explain to them why you did what you did, not using inhuman terms like "improving efficiency" or "making yourself perfect." They fear you because you're unlike them, and you make no attempts to amend that!

Anna still struggles. "I'm not happy here! Please, put me down!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2012, 07:04:22 pm
"...But I'm not like them, and I never will be, even if I pretend. It's them who need to learn not to be afraid of things they don't understand..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2012, 07:10:05 pm
"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?"

So you're going to teach them by consuming them all? Then they won't learn anything at all. You're punishing them for reacting in a way they would react under normal circumstances, without even giving them a second chance! Look what you did to John! He didn't learn a lesson from this! He's dead!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2012, 07:17:55 pm
"BUT HOW WILL THEY LEARN, STEVE? I CAN EITHER PRETEND TO BE THE SAME AS THEM, LET THEM LEAVE, OR CONSUME THEM! THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO TO MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY! I HATE HAVING EMOTIONS!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2012, 07:20:53 pm
Anna simply starts yelling and screaming now.

For one, you could try not eating others in front of them! And you could stop assuming they'd be comfortable being consumed! They're PEOPLE, Tower! They value themselves over your supposed "efficiency!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2012, 07:29:42 pm
"You TOLD me to eat Clyde! I was just doing what you told me to do! Don't blame that on me!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2012, 07:31:59 pm
...Fine, go ahead and eat Anna. But that won't solve any of this. We should've waited to eat Clyde...I guess my anger got the better of me. But you could have explained yourself in a different way that didn't cause them to fear you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2012, 07:46:08 pm
"How was I supposed to explain in a way that wouldn't make them fear me, Steve? HOW? They fear so easily! Anna... I don't want to eat you... I sort of like you... but I need your help... and you're going to run away because you expect me to act the way you do and get afraid when I don't..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2012, 07:50:59 pm
Tower, DROP HER NOW.

"W-W-WAIT! I'LL CHANGE! PUT ME DOWN, I PROMISE I WON'T RUN AWAY! JUST PLEASE...DON'T EAT ME!" shouts Anna.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2012, 08:00:36 pm
Drop her, and sit down, looking at John's remains.

"...I'm sorry I killed John... You were all talking in private about me and I'm not used to emotions so I got angry at what you said and I knew you wouldn't listen if I tried to tell you not to go and then you'd have been cautious about packing so I attacked by surprise because of John's barriers and now he's dead and you have a legitimate reason to fear me... I don't like being feared..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2012, 08:05:13 pm
Anna takes deep breaths as she's let down. She grasps at her throat, which has visible bruises on it. "I...this...I need to...lie down..." Anna slowly gets up, walking across the hall to her room, flopping onto her bed.

John's remains lie on the floor. You guess you shouldn't waste them, since you took the time to murder him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2012, 08:10:02 pm
Consume him, getting little pleasure out of it, and somewhat regretting consuming Steve as a result.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2012, 08:12:40 pm
Steve's stopped talking. You think you've upset him.

Doug and Maddie ran off, and Anna is traumatized. You only have her in your group now, you guess.

John's powers are now yours, you guess. You don't enjoy that as much as you normally would.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2012, 08:18:05 pm
Turn into a tropical bird, and walk into Anna's room, perching on something and watching her for a while.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2012, 08:23:05 pm
Walking on the ground is awkward as a parrot. You find it more comfortable on top of a chair.

Anna doesn't pay you any mind, she just sits on the bed with her back turned to you, quietly sobbing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 07:35:48 pm
Try to read her mind and figure out what would make her feel better right now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 07:41:41 pm
She's horrified of you, but you can't blame her for that. She'd just like to be left alone, most likely.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 07:47:15 pm
Waddle out, and try to figure out what I should do next.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 07:54:52 pm
Perhaps you could devote some time to finding Doug and Maddie again, or finding your enemies. You haven't really thought about your enemies in a while.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 08:00:11 pm
Melt, and see if I can find any trace of Doug or Maddie.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 08:04:02 pm
You don't find anything in the surrounding block, but you do find a number of soldiers. Perhaps if you used your FrundTech mutant disguise you could cozen your way into their base...you might be able to learn something.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 08:06:03 pm
Turn into the mutant somewhere hidden, and find a group of soldiers. Remember what the mutant is identified as, and what she normally acts like.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 08:14:13 pm
You are a Zeta model, and the vast majority of FrundTech mutants in service are servile. You dislike how you have emotions now, because it would have been much easier to imitate a FrundTech mutant if you had no emotions. A group of soldiers notices you, and heads towards you.

"You! Where's your unit? Why are you alone?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 08:21:00 pm
"Unit killed by two mutants who have since escaped."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 08:25:11 pm
"Subject, describe these mutants. If they were able to take out a unit and escape, they're of concern to us," says the soldier. You're guessing he's the leader of this group, since his armor has a slightly different design from the others.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 08:38:23 pm
Decide that Doug and Maddie can look after themselves, and that honesty will get me further.

"The male had enhanced strength, and the female glowed, but I'm unsure of the effect."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 08:41:39 pm
"And how was the unit dispatched? Were they all beaten down with brute force or did other factors come into play?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 08:50:35 pm
"They were killed by some sort of shapeshifter. Unidentified model."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 08:56:50 pm
"...You told me there were two mutants. If the team was killed by a 'shapeshifter,' WHY DID YOU NOT MENTION IT BEFORE?" the commander asks, angry.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 08:59:32 pm
"I had not yet mentioned it earlier because they seemed to be working separately, and I wanted to mention them separately. I apologise if that was inconvenient."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 09:08:16 pm
"I SPECIFICALLY ASKED YOU WHO KILLED THE UNIT, AND YOU SAID IT WAS TWO MUTANTS. YOU DID NOT SAY IT WAS THREE MUTANTS WHO MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH EACH OTHER!" shouts the commander. You dislike being yelled at greatly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 09:16:03 pm
Become slightly worse at acting, damning my increased emotions.

"...You're getting angry for no reason..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 09:20:49 pm
"SILENCE, SUBJECT!" shouts the commander. "YOUR JOB ISN'T TO POINT OUT WHEN I'M ANGRY! YOUR JOB IS TO DO WHATEVER I TELL YOU TO!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 09:23:45 pm
Pretend to obey the order to be silent, taking note of how many soldiers there are with him, and how many are in the surrounding area.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 09:25:48 pm
There are about five other soldiers with the commander, and these are the only soldiers you've seen in the surrounding area.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 09:46:44 am
"...If you were less obnoxious... you would have survived longer..."

Lift three of the soldiers into the air, rip apart two with three tentacles each, and turn into a large, four legged reptile with Steve's features, biting and clawing the commander to shreds.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 11:46:14 am
They shout commands into their radios as you lift them up and kill them, the other three soldiers open fire on you with their guns, beginning to destabilize your form!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 11:55:59 am
Realise I tore apart the wrong ones by accident, and lift up the remaining ones with my mind, as well, trying to kill them, too.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 12:15:34 pm
You turn to ooze, but you're able to lift them up, but only barely!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 12:28:11 pm
Quickly turn into a mass of tentacles, and try to knock all their guns from their hands, before tearing them apart.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 01:09:35 pm
Your strong grip is quite handy when it comes to tearing people apart.

You're left with six bodies, and nearby people screaming and running away. You've done much good here.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 01:38:39 pm
Consume all the bodies, and decide that impersonating them at the moment is a poor idea. Look for the commander's radio equipment.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 01:47:53 pm
The commander's radio seems to be built into his helmet. He has quite a nice set of armor.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 02:31:57 pm
Hollow out his armour, and try to store it in my body as I turn into a lioness and run. Once I'm somewhere empty, turn into a random US military soldier, in civilian clothing, and walk back to the base.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 03:30:38 pm
It's quite difficult to store the armor in your body, but you don't think it's possible to store it inside yourself as a human. You see the FrundTech perimeter a ways off down the block, a base of operations.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 03:33:39 pm
Decide that it's worth a try, and disguise myself as the commander, putting on his suit. Start running for the base, looking behind me every few seconds for show.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 03:38:04 pm
As you approach the base, a soldier salutes you. "Sir, what's wrong?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 03:41:50 pm
"Shapeshifting mutant impersonating a Zeta took out my unit! I think I lost it..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 03:44:48 pm
The soldier seems puzzled, but you notice that several soldiers behind the base's fence are speaking into their radios, before pulling out their guns and moving towards you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 04:06:45 pm
"...You... you think I'm that thing... don't you..?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 04:08:11 pm
"We received intel that you were killed in action...or should I say, THE PERSON YOU'RE IMITATING, FREAK!"

They open fire, bullets hitting your armor!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 02:35:42 pm
"You people are so quick to assume."

Extend my tentacles, and start ripping apart some of the soldiers, while lifting up others with Justin's mind until I get a chance to kill them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 02:49:08 pm
Your tentacles find grips, but the personnel firing on you break your concentration and prevent you from establishing a firm grip! It's so irritating!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 03:20:17 pm
Focus my psychic powers and my tentacles on their weapons, trying to disarm them all.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 03:26:14 pm
You manage to disarm a few of them, but you can't gain the necessary focus to get them all! You need to take cover, they're hurting you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 06:26:37 pm
Try to form a barrier in front of me, and continue trying to disarm them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 06:33:22 pm
Your barrier powers are unfamiliar, and quite unrefined. You manage to make a small shield, but the soldiers are persistent!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 06:38:18 pm
While the shield stays up, copy what I once saw Justin do, and try to blast some of the soldiers back.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 06:45:26 pm
You successfully push the soldiers back with a sudden force! They are knocked off balance!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 06:47:48 pm
Capitalise, and try to rip off as many heads as possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 07:03:47 pm
You succeed in ripping off several heads, but by now the base is on high alert! Vehicles of war are mobilizing! Heavy armored tank directly in front of you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 07:05:55 pm
Realise I have no need to be attacking, anyway, and grow raven wings, flying on top of a nearby building.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 07:18:28 pm
You take off, taking fire as you do so. You land on a nearby rooftop, soldiers gathering below.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 07:22:11 pm
Run, jump, and fly onto another rooftop. Continue doing this, moving between buildings in a random pattern until I lose them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 07:47:11 pm
After jumping across rooftops for a while, and attracting a lot of attention, you lose your chasers. However, a lot of people saw what happened.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 07:53:22 pm
Wait on a rooftop near the base for a while, climbing down when everything is quiet. Remove my wings, and try to get back to the base unseen.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 08:04:11 pm
You appear to be a perfectly normal human...nobody suspects a thing.

Granted, the soldiers are out in force now, and they know about you, but nobody suspects a thing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 08:13:11 pm
Walk back inside, and leave my armour in my room. Keep the helmet on, and start listening to their radio.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 08:20:43 pm
There's a windstorm of chatter, but you recognize most of the commands. They're spreading out along a four block area in search of you, and they're asking for immediate reports of possible sightings.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 08:28:50 pm
Take that as a sign that they can't track the suit, and take the helmet off. Turn into Justin, and check up on Anna.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 08:36:18 pm
She's in her room, eating.

"I heard...a lot of noise outside. Did you do something?" She seems to still be scared.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 08:58:02 pm
"I felt lost and didn't know what to do. I tried infiltrating Frundtech, but my emotions made it impossible, and now they're panicked and looking for me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 09:00:28 pm
"...How did your emotions make it impossible for you to infiltrate FrundTech?" she asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 09:16:32 pm
"I impersonated a Zeta mutant I consumed when I met Maddie and Doug. They asked why I was away from my unit and I didn't explain all the details in one go. The commander started yelling horrible things at me, so I got angry and attacked them. I tried impersonating the commander, but he'd already been reported dead. I brought back his suit, though. It's nice."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 09:19:14 pm
"So, they're after you? Damn...what about Maddie and Doug?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 09:33:12 pm
"I can disguise myself. They've got no better chance of finding me when they're looking for me than they do if they're looking for somebody else. I don't know where Doug and Maddie are, and I don't know how to find them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 09:45:11 pm
"Oh...okay. I'm just going to...lie down now." Anna sits back down.

It's starting to get late, and you feel tired.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 11:44:14 am
"I'm going to, as well."

Go to bed, and turn into a bear, trying to go to sleep.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 11:52:10 am
It's easy to fall asleep, but it's less easy to stay asleep, especially when somebody is standing in your room. You awake to see Anna watching you as you sleep.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 12:01:06 pm
Look up at her, not moving my head.

"Hello."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 12:10:30 pm
"Hello, Subject Tower...I was observing you sleep in order to better understand you...pay no attention."

Anna slowly walks out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 06:42:54 pm
Wonder if this is one of those 'joke' things, and turn into a rat, following her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 06:46:10 pm
Anna walks back to her room, sitting down oddly on her bed. She takes notice of you, however, and seems to object to your presence.

"Get out of my room. You're intruding," she says, not sounding very angry.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 06:51:49 pm
"I was observing you ceasing to observe me in order to better understand you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 06:55:30 pm
"I was also trying to understand you better, but I had to cease because you woke up. You shouldn't just wake up like that," she says.

...There's something wrong here...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 07:02:27 pm
"What's happening to your... normal... thing?"

Try to read her mind to figure this out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 07:06:02 pm
Her mind seems quite...different from usual. In fact, you can tell that she isn't herself, she's a bunch of other things, too! She's not just Anna anymore!

"Is something different from normal? I dislike things being different from normal."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 07:21:08 pm
Reform into Justin.

"Anna, what else can you turn into?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 07:32:53 pm
"I can turn into this, if you'd like."

Anna turns into a dinosaur-like creature that you recognize to be similar in appearance to the common misconception of a velociraptor.

It doesn't seem to realize that this curious situation has caused it to expose itself.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 07:40:17 pm
"That is very interesting. How are your family?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 07:46:37 pm
"My family is quite nice. Would you like to join it?" it asks, like it's not even aware that it's trying to maintain cover.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 08:04:40 pm
"I will think about that, if you say they're nice. I feel like putting on my suit. I will be right back."

Go put on the suit to protect me from fire, and return.

"The wall behind you is very interesting. Sometimes I stare at it for hours."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 08:06:12 pm
"Really? Oh, alright. Let me examine it..."

The gullible creature turns around and stares at the wall.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2012, 01:22:18 pm
Throw as many shards of ice as I can manage into its back, and get ready to use Justin's mind to hold it still when it melts.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2012, 01:50:43 pm
The thing doesn't melt, so much as it lets out a piercing shriek as it quickly freezes! You can feel it struggling to get free from the ice and your grip, but it can't get away now!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2012, 02:07:37 pm
Become very thankful I didn't give the Zeta mutant time to react.

Continue to freeze it, and try to slowly crush it with my psychic powers, taking this as an opportunity to see how much I can survive.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2012, 02:16:48 pm
The creature shatters to pieces, the frozen shards lying all over the ground. However, they begin to thaw, the blobs slowly forming back together!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2012, 02:22:07 pm
Melt, and leave my suit, attempting to consume the blobs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2012, 03:38:14 pm
It's extremely difficult to integrate the blobs into your own system, but after a struggle, you find that there is a wealth of genetic data stored in Subject Tower 012! That is its name, you're sure.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2012, 08:20:55 pm
Become grateful that I haven't lost Anna, and try to process all the new information, seeing how many forms it had, and whether it was the same one from before.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2012, 08:26:53 pm
Sadly, this one wasn't the one you fought before. That other one seemed much smarter...

Regardless, you have achieved Anna's form, as well as that of a dinosaur-like creature, forms you've gotten before, a creature with stony skin, a mutant that can stretch its limbs, and a young boy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2012, 08:36:54 pm
Pay attention to my normal form, making sure I didn't take any tracking devices from it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2012, 08:44:22 pm
You don't think this thing had anything to track it on, but you can clearly see the small radio headset it left on the floor. Somebody probably listened in on what was happening.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2012, 08:58:51 pm
Turn into Justin, and put on the headset. Talk into it, using the voices of Mark, Justin, John. Steve, Clyde, the army general, the Frundtech commander, and the tentacled mutant at the same time.

"Hello. I know you can hear me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2012, 09:01:58 pm
The feed quickly gets cut, dead air playing back to you. It doesn't matter, you have a small idea of where you should look. It's a building, with a large mural on the side of it. A mural of a bunch of people of different ethnicity looking happy together. The building itself appears quite normal, but it houses within...the information you seek to find out, the information that makes you squeamish to eat whatever you have to in order to understand it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2012, 09:13:37 pm
Take off the headset, and turn into Steve. Focus on turning invisible until I manage it completely, and walk to the building, licking my teeth.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2012, 09:18:15 pm
You don't know where the building is, just that the building exists in this city. You would do exactly that if you knew where it was, though.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 16, 2012, 06:38:04 pm
Having nothing better to do, turn into a raven in an alleyway, and fly around until I see the building, or a landmark I think may be near it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 16, 2012, 06:43:42 pm
You guess it's better to look for such a building yourself, so you head off. The city is quite large, and the expanse of apartment buildings, business centers, and roadways is hard to search through in this manner. You spend an hour flying around, finding yourself no closer to any such building. However, you get a good grasp of where the FrundTech fortifications are strong.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 16, 2012, 06:55:23 pm
While I'm out, try to remember where Justin told me to ask for Belle, and head there.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 16, 2012, 07:04:56 pm
You head for the Lazy Jane, the bar that Justin mentioned. You enter it, finding it to be a rather unlively place at this time of day. Hardly anybody is here, save for a bartender.

"Can I get something for you, sir?" asks the bartender as you enter. You notice that this bar has a large amount of sports memorabilia, and several wall-mounted HD televisions.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 07:04:17 pm
"Has Belle been here recently?"

Begin to describe her, in great detail.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 07:09:39 pm
"Well, she came in just last night," says the bartender. "She was here the night before that, too. If you're looking for her, this place is probably the best spot to wait."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 07:20:33 pm
"Thank you."

Double-check that I'm Justin, and sit down, keeping an eye on the entrance.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 07:23:23 pm
Indeed, you've taken to making Justin's form your default human form.

Within 30 minutes, only a few people enter the bar, two males. They begin drinking and talking with each other, watching a game of baseball. Within another hour, about 20 people enter the bar, mostly males, some female, but no sign of Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 07:33:24 pm
Watch the strange game, wondering why the humans are so fascinated by it, while waiting for Belle for a while longer.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 07:38:36 pm
It's a stupid game, you think. Runners run around several "bases" after using a club to hit a tiny ball that a man throws really fast at them. You think it would be much smarter if the man with the club ran up to the man throwing the balls and used it to kill him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 07:46:37 pm
Decide that since I have little else to do while waiting, I shall sit with the two I first saw watching the game.

"Hello."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 07:55:26 pm
"Oh, hey! I sort of remember you...you haven't been here in a while," says the first man. "Where have you been?"
"Yeah, you've been gone for the past week!" says the second.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 08:02:20 pm
"I've been... busy... with... things... Belle was here yesterday, wasn't she?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 08:04:31 pm
"You mean the girl you're always with? Yeah, she was," says the first man.

"Did you two break up or something?" asks the second.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 08:37:22 pm
"It's complicated... Quarantine caused... issues... I'm hoping she comes here today, as well. If she arrives when I'm not here, can you tell her I need to speak to her?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 08:40:26 pm
"Uh, sure, but how will she know where to find you?" asks the second man.

"Yeah, can you tell us where we could tell her to meet you?" asks the first.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 08:47:33 pm
"I... don't currently live anywhere in particular. Can you tell her I'll be here at 7pm tomorrow?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 08:49:44 pm
"Uh, sure," says the first man. "But if you need to talk to her, why can't you just wait for her to come in tonight? You know she comes in every night, right?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 09:18:56 pm
"I'm planning to wait for her, but I'm telling you just in case I have to leave, or she doesn't show up... Are you finding this game interesting?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 10:06:01 pm
"The Diamondbacks aren't too good this year," says the first man.
"Well, if we actually had a few decent starters then we'd be a wrecking crew! I don't know why they keep throwing this clown out there!" says the second.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2012, 05:48:30 pm
"They have a clown?"

Suddenly look at the screen, unsure what I think about clowns.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2012, 06:33:19 pm
"Yeah! The pitcher can't even throw straight!"

You see no such clown. Perhaps he was referring to a clown in a metaphorical sense?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2012, 06:41:24 pm
Become disappointed, and remember that I must consume a clown at some point in the future.

"Why don't they simply use those bats to kill the members of the other team? They'd win so much more easily!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2012, 07:25:26 pm
"At least the D-backs would be doing SOMETHING then!" says the second man.

You hear the door open. Turning around, you see her. It's Belle. She looks...notably dirtier than when you saw her last.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 05:02:25 pm
Get up, and walk straight towards Bella.

"Hello. Can we talk outside?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 05:11:45 pm
Belle seems surprised. "Justin? I haven't seen you here for a while...did you and that thing part ways, then?"

You feel Justin's presence more evident in your mind. It's interested.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 05:25:19 pm
"Sort of. I'll need to tell you the specifics outside, for obvious reasons."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 05:29:17 pm
"...Okay. I'm still not happy about what happened, Justin."

The two of you walk outside, into the sparsely-populated street. There are enough people that it could cause a small panic if anything unusual were to happen, but not too many.

"Alright. Tell me all about it," she says, turning to you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 05:34:17 pm
"I have bad news, really bad news that makes me really sad to think about, and I don't like being sad, because it's new and confusing to me, but I have to tell you about it. Justin was shot by several soldiers a few days ago. He was bleeding to death and... told me to consume him so that he wouldn't die."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 05:37:29 pm
Belle begins to raise her eyebrows as you talk about your emotions, then seems shocked as you explain what happened.

"So you're...the thing. I see...have you come here to consume me, too?" she asks, turning to metal.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 05:47:36 pm
"No. I'm sorry for trying to consume you, and I don't have a good idea as to how I would go about that, anyway. Justin told me about the bar, and that I should go find you. He seems more... alive, now that you're here. I used to think his presence was just my imagination explaining the influence of his memories on my thoughts, but I now think he's actually conscious. I'm not sure whether you'll be happy or find that scary. I understand emotions now, but I still don't understand why humans find me scary, or why they call me a thing like you do. My name is Subject Tower."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 05:52:33 pm
Belle seems puzzled, even a little shocked as you explain yourself. Regardless, she turns back to flesh. "...Tower? I just want to know...what do you want? What do you want to do? What do you want to find? What do you think your purpose is? You're not a mutant like me, or Justin, or anybody else. You...you seem like a whole new kind of lifeform...and the way you can absorb us, and become us...that's what scares me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 06:06:45 pm
"I don't know. Every life-form I've absorbed has a different answer to those questions, but the combination of all of them defines who I am, and I don't know what I want, or what my purpose is. The only thing I have that's my own are my instincts, and they tell me to consume, to absorb more knowledge. I think I should continue to do that, but while doing something else. I wanted revenge for Justin, so I started a group aiming to sabotage Frundtech and end the quarantine. Steve told me he loved me and I didn't understand what that meant or why he'd love me so I offered to absorb him so that I'd understand. He agreed and now I don't know whether I love him or love myself from his point of view but now he's stopped talking to me so I don't know whether that means he doesn't love me anymore and I'm not sure if I care but I care about not being sure whether I care and Clyde told the others and said that I was going to kill them all even though Steve was willing to go through with it so I killed him to stop him turning the others against me but then I spied on the others when they agreed that they were going to run away so I waited until they were packing and I killed John but Anna walked in and I held her hostage but Doug and Maddie ran away and I was going to kill Anna but Steve stopped me and I let her go and she was traumatised but later she started talking to me again and was obviously a clone of me so I killed it and consumed it and then I decided I should find you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 06:09:27 pm
"...I don't understand. Who were all those people?" asks Belle. "And what do you want with me?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 07:02:18 pm
"They were my group of mutant rebels, but they're of no concern to you now. The dead ones are all irrelevant except maybe Steve, and I don't know how to find Maddie or Doug.... I... don't think I want anything from you... You're the only living person I have left, I think, even if you're afraid of me..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 07:05:41 pm
"...You go through the trouble of finding me, and yet you don't want anything of me? Justi-Tower...I don't have anything to offer that could help you," says Belle. "...Would you like to share a few drinks?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 07:14:25 pm
"...That's sort of why I found you... I... want to be friends..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 07:16:33 pm
"...Come on, let's get back inside."

Belle walks back into the bar, presumably to order drinks for the two of you. You have memories of Belle and Justin drinking together, they found it enjoyable, and talked of various things. Perhaps you could take the time to get to know Belle better?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 07:41:39 pm
Find somewhere to sit, and wait for her to bring back the drinks. Look at the other Tower's memories, in the off-chance it consumed alcohol.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 08:14:53 pm
Subject Tower 012 consumed no alcohol, it only did as it was told.

Belle brings back the drinks. You're curious of the strange golden bubbly liquid, why is beer so appealing?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 08:27:21 pm
"I've never tried this before, but lots of humans hold it in high regard."

Start drinking, and finish the beer.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 08:33:20 pm
You drink the entire beer, finding the taste somewhat unpleasant, and the alcohol not optimally compatible with your system. Humans may enjoy this, but you certainly do not.

"You're...not supposed to drink the entire beer like that," says Belle, amused.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 08:39:56 pm
"Oh... I'm sorry. I don't really like it, and I don't know if the alcohol has any effect on me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 08:44:12 pm
"...You're weird in so many ways," Belle sighs. "Have you been doing anything outside of trying to set up a group?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 08:55:39 pm
Look at the drinks list, while talking.

"...I went to the zoo again... and I think that's... everything unrelated to the group or Frundtech... A bloody Mary sounds pleasant."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 08:57:28 pm
The bartender soon serves you up a bloody Mary at Belle's request.

"Perhaps you could show me some of the exotic animals you ate, then? I'm guessing you're out of a place to stay."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 09:08:17 pm
"I have a base, but PowellCorp clearly knows where that is. I'd like to show you my new forms, but the others were scared and got angry when I did. I combined the body of a lioness with the anatomy of tarantulas, scorpions, and other small animals, but they weren't happy. They were even less happy when I used the anatomy of several people, and they started screaming... I thought I was being creative..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 09:10:12 pm
"There's no need to be creative, Tower," says Belle. "Sometimes, just using one base element is better than mixing together parts from a bunch of different elements, you know? What you created was probably unfamiliar and disturbing to everyone. People aren't disturbed by simple birds or animals, they're beautiful the way they are."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 09:25:25 pm
"I keep getting the impression that humans hate new things. How did your technology ever advance to this stage?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 09:34:13 pm
"I dunno. It just suddenly picked up around the 1950's," says Belle. "I believe the Dark Ages were an example of technological stagnation."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 10:07:25 pm
Try my drink, wondering why consuming humans is suddenly legal.

"But this is a dark age, isn't it? Humans are afraid of the obvious superiority of mutants, and even mutants are afraid of me..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 10:15:55 pm
"What? I wouldn't say this is a dark age at all, Tower. The Dark Ages lasted for a few centuries about a millennium ago, and were marred by constant war and no advancements. I'd say this human/mutant conflict is different than that...it's not a war of ideologies, it's a war of...people."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 11:40:15 pm
"But it's a war of people where one side is objectively superior to the other. Has that happened before?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 11:52:46 pm
"...Are mutants really all united under one cause? It would seem that they aren't one complete side, but merely just a bunch of different factions with different agendas. There is no mutant nation, there are only mutant groups. As for your question, I guess it might have happened before, sure, but any examples wouldn't be comparable."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 12:34:47 pm
"But then it isn't a war. It's just a lot of violent things that keep happening."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 12:56:49 pm
"It's difficult to declare war on...a disease? A virus? Or is it evolution...hmm...well, it's hard to fight this."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 01:21:57 pm
"Why do they try to fight it instead of letting everyone become mutants?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 02:15:27 pm
"Have you heard of the crime rates? It turns out that when you give people power, they tend to use it for personal gain. Anyway, regular people can't just be given such power.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 05:57:29 pm
"Why are they becoming mutants, anyway? Most of you were once human..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 06:01:46 pm
"Ssh. Tower. We shouldn't talk too loud in here," says Belle. "We'll go somewhere more quiet soon and then you can ask me whatever you want." She sips her beer.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 06:12:03 pm
"What do you want to talk about, then?"

Sip my drink some more, wondering why it doesn't taste anything like people.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 06:15:30 pm
Does this drink just contain...red coloring? How misleading!

"...Do you have feelings for me?" asks Belle. "You're Justin, and we've been going out like this for quite a while."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 07:16:02 pm
"...I'm still not sure how this love thing works... I know Justin loves you, but do I..? I'm partially Justin, so I think that means I partially love you... but I also partially love myself because I'm partially Steve... But do I have any emotions that aren't anybody else's, apart from the desire to feed, and the confusion I'm expressing right now?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 07:20:12 pm
"If you experience emotion at all, then wouldn't it mean that you're feeling it, and that it doesn't matter whose it is? Forget it, this is too complicated."

Belle lays some money down on the bar, then grabs your hand. "Come on, I'll show you home."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 07:34:02 pm
Let her hold my hand, Justin's feelings suddenly jumping out and confusing me.

"Okay."

Walk home with her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 07:48:14 pm
You feel the love again...it's noticeably stronger than you last remember it being.

She leads you through the streets, holding your hand along the way. You notice the groups of soldiers, the military, the people you come across. This...city used to be a nicer place...those were Justin's memories flooding in.

You enter into a small motel room, in a small motel, much like the other one that you had taken up residence with Jessica in earlier. "Well, make yourself comfortable," she says, flopping onto the bed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 07:59:39 pm
Turn my clothes into dark blue pyjamas, and slowly lie down on the bed.

"What time is it? I don't know how long I slept before Subject Tower 012 woke me up."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 08:01:24 pm
"It's about 11:00 at night," says Belle. "Why, did you go to bed early?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 08:09:20 pm
"I don't have a very good perception of time. I mustn't have slept for long. I should sleep now, I think."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 08:18:56 pm
"Well, I won't stop you," says Belle, entering the restroom.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 09:34:55 pm
Get under the covers, looking at the ceiling.

Hello. Steve?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 09:38:32 pm
You lie in bed, covering yourself up.

I'm here, says Steve inside of your head. Things have been quite lively since you at that other Subject Tower.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2012, 07:44:06 pm
Do you love him, because he's me, or am I defined by the people I've consumed? Wait, are Anna and the others Tower 012 consumed a part of him in there, or are they all seperate?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2012, 07:48:43 pm
It is unclear, says Steve. I haven't communicated with them yet. I can't tell what kind of entity they manifest as, but if they all manifest separately, then I believe that the process that you use to integrate knowledge stripped away memories and such more than usual, since their personalities were already diluted by a first consumption.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2012, 07:56:40 pm
Do you still love me? If so, what do you count as me?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2012, 08:00:49 pm
I still have feelings for you. I don't know what I count as, but it shifts between me loving myself and me loving you...being you is certainly not an ordinary experience.

You hear water running in the bathroom. Belle must be showering.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2012, 08:18:06 pm
I'm going to have to regularly test anyone I make friends with to make sure they aren't a another Tower. Ice works, but I need to test it on myself to see how much is required for a noticeable reaction. I'm not looking forward to this.

Create a needle of ice in my fingertips, and try to prick myself with it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2012, 08:22:23 pm
You don't think the Zeta model's cold resistance applies to you, due to your own structure being extremely sensitive to extreme temperatures and corrosive elements. That being said, you slowly create the ice needle, the cold in your hands not being unpleasant. However, as soon as you let it dig underneath your membrane, you instinctively draw away from it, and send it flying across the room in the process, shattering it on the wall.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2012, 08:31:19 pm
Decide that this is a practical test if a prick is all that's needed, and wait for Belle to finish.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2012, 08:34:22 pm
The prick caused no lasting harm, but it was quite unpleasant.

Belle steps out, hopping into bed next to you. "We'll get the finer points sorted out tomorrow," she says, turning over.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2012, 08:42:55 pm
Form another needle.

"Can I prick you with this to make sure you aren't a clone of me?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2012, 08:47:37 pm
"Um...why do you need to do that?" asks Belle. "That seems excessive."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2012, 06:01:27 pm
"Anna was consumed by another Tower, but that Tower was stupid, not like the one we met before. I think that one could impersonate you easily. I want to do this once a day."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2012, 06:20:26 pm
"...Are you calling me st-never mind, just do whatever stupid test this is, then."

She holds out her arm.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2012, 07:03:42 pm
"The one I killed was stupid. The one we fought was smart. The smart one could impersonate you."

Prick her finger gently with it, the same amount I did to myself.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2012, 07:07:58 pm
She feels a bit of pain, but he doesn't appear to be a clone of you, especially since she bleeds blood.

"That kind of hurt..." she says, rubbing her arm.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2012, 07:12:45 pm
"I'm sorry. I should think of an alternative. Ice is good because I would instantly freeze if it touched my membrane. I just told you something about myself I am uncomfortable about. I think that means I trust you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2012, 07:14:51 pm
"That's good, I guess," says Belle. "Now can you please let me get to sleep?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2012, 07:22:16 pm
"...Sorry..."

Turn into a snake, and curl up on the pillow, going to sleep.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2012, 07:26:43 pm
You fall asleep.

Oddly, you do not remember dreaming last night. It's sad, you could have talked with so many people! But you guess you've been talking quite a lot recently.

It's still early morning, and Belle is still asleep. She probably wouldn't appreciate being woken up, so you guess you have some time to spend.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2012, 07:38:05 pm
Slither off the bed, and take the time to experiment with my abilities.

Turn into Justin, and extend my tentacles. Give them the appearance of bloody flesh, and change half a metre of the ends into bone. Remove parts of the bone, until I'm left with a sharp, fifty centimetre blade at the end of each tentacle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2012, 07:42:45 pm
This transformation takes a bit of time due to your attention to detail, but in the end it looks positively...you don't know why you're thinking of using this word. It looks cool.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2012, 07:52:08 pm
Kill two birds with one stone, wondering who kills birds with stones when consuming them is much more efficient.

Hold out my arm, and test out both the blades' power and my own body. Swing a blade down and try to sever my arm at the elbow.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2012, 07:57:36 pm
You cause yourself pain! Your arm drops to the floor, dissolving into black goo, while your blade easily slices through yourself, despite your added bone structure! This blade is quite strong...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 08:26:57 pm
Regrow the arm, and smile. Try to turn into Steve, and force his entire body into the frame of a lioness, trying to cloak.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 08:35:50 pm
You make a few added adjustments to Steve's body structure, optimizing it for speed. The cloak still works, but you're not sure whether or not it's easier to see yourself.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 08:40:48 pm
Hold a tentacle in front of face.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 08:45:45 pm
There's a more notable shimmer than before. As long as you stay out of direct sight, you might get by.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 09:00:45 pm
Decide that I may be able to use fear to my advantage.

Turn into Megan. Try to give her the proportions of the young boy, and make her hair longer. Form a long, torn black dress. Remove her eyes from her sockets, and put a full set of spider eyes on her forehead. Remove a large chunk of flesh from my cheek, and give myself a snake's tongue, sticking it through hole. Create several large droplets of blood on her forehead, and let them drip down her face. Leave her hands as the only other exposed part of her body, and make them appear mutilated, and decomposed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 09:03:36 pm
You become a horrific specter that should prove very scary to any human that sees you. They should be able to tell that this is not normal for a normal human female child. The only downside is that you're finding that the blood dripping down your forehead is obscuring your vision.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 09:08:04 pm
Remove the blood, and make it drip out of my empty eye sockets instead. Decide that I should test my form, and wake up Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 09:12:00 pm
You tug on Belle's arm, but you only get a slight push from her before she covers her head with a pillow. You guess you should try it on someone else, since they're more likely to react to something unusual than Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 09:20:14 pm
Leave the apartment as Justin, and find a hidden spot to turn into a raven.

Fly to another motel, not too far away, and turn into a rat nearby. Sneak into the building as a rat, and find a room which appears to be occupied. Melt, and slide under the door. Try to get into the bathroom without nobody noticing, and turn into the little girl again. Bleed a little so that there's blood on the floor below me, but not too much. Start to sob loudly, my hands covering my face and my back to the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 09:22:56 pm
You enter the bathroom. Upon initiating your sobbing, you cause an audible disturbance in the room. You can hear talking between a man and a woman, before the door slowly opens, the man taking a peek inside.

"Oh my God..." the man gasps.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 09:31:46 pm
Talk quietly, between sobs, holding my head closer to my chest.

"I... help me... please... I don't... know what's happening to me..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 09:36:49 pm
"Oh God oh God OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD!"

The door slams, and you hear hurried scuffling outside. You think they're trying to leave. How very rude...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 09:42:04 pm
Turn around, crying more loudly. Extend one tentacle, a long, bloody, rotting arm, and pull the door open.

"Why? Why is everyone so afraid of me? What did I do wrong? Please... please tell me! Please!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 09:45:09 pm
"OH MY GOD! WHAT THE SHIT IS THAT!?" screams the woman.

"FORGET IT, JUST RUN!" says the man, throwing open the door and running out with the woman. They leave several bags behind in the process of fleeing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 09:54:57 pm
Become genuinely slightly upset that they'd ignore a child's cry for help, and insult her, all based solely on her appearance. Start looking through their bags.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 09:58:42 pm
Their bags contain clothes, hygiene supplies, and even a laptop computer! You don't find much else in them, though. They ran off with the important stuff, most likely.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 05:36:04 pm
Take the computer, pleased with my discovery. Melt, and store the laptop inside my body, along with any chargers or peripherals. Turn into Justin, and quickly leave, heading back for my room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 05:42:21 pm
You take the veritable cache of electronics, and head back to your room. The walk across town is suddenly interrupted by a group of soldiers crossing your path!

"You there!" says one soldier. "What are you doing here?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 05:48:23 pm
"I'm sorry, I was walking home. Am I not meant to be here?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 05:58:47 pm
"Walking home from WHERE? Were you breaking curfew last night?" asks the soldier, the five others behind him brandishing their guns. They seem rowdy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 06:04:52 pm
Stay calm, remembering what happened last time.

"No, I wasn't. I try to go out for a walk every morning, but I didn't take this route when leaving. Should I stop doing that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 06:07:13 pm
"Could you show us some ID, sir?" asks the soldier. "What's your name?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 06:14:12 pm
"My name is Justin, but I don't generally carry ID when I'm just going for a walk."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 06:16:30 pm
You can see the soldiers talking on their radios. The one in front puts up his gun.

"Come with us. We've got some questions for you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 06:28:38 pm
"Sometimes, really insignificant things turn out to be really important."

Turn into the amalgamation of multiple people that terrified the others, and hack through them all with my blades. Hold some of them still with Justin's mind, and form a barrier in front of me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 06:32:02 pm
You immediately begin to draw fire, which upsets you enough to make holding them still a task just beyond your reach! They begin yelling, screaming, as if they were surprised to find out that you were actually a mutant like you were pretty sure they suspected you to be. The barrier is enough to stop several bullets, but it doesn't hold up to sustained fire. The soldiers begin to draw back, another car full of them stopping on the road and unloading more!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 06:41:47 pm
Turn into Steve, and turn invisible, moving around them, and towards the van.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 06:45:07 pm
You change into Steve, but it seems the soldiers come to a realization as you do so.

"IT'S THAT THING WE WERE BRIEFED ON! USE THE INTEL, KILL IT WITH FIRE!"

A canister is tossed in your general direction. You're not sure what it is, but as soon as it explodes you realize that it is full of PAIN AND FIRE. Just a little bit of the gel gets on you, but it immediately starts burning!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 06:50:52 pm
Quickly run for cover, and start forming blood on the burning area, trying to put it out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 06:52:52 pm
Your odd method of attempting to douse the flames does nothing against the chemical fire! It slowly eats away at you, causing your form to AGONIZINGLY diminish! You melt, the substance still on you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 07:07:12 pm
Quickly try to reform into a rat, forming it in such a way that the gel is on my tail. Form a tentacle, and chop the tail off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 07:08:05 pm
You drop the laptop in the process, but you manage to relocate the gel to a position that you can easily amputate it from! The fire comes off of you, but you're not feeling too well...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 07:15:10 pm
Take the laptop again, and turn into a raven, flying off in a direction away from the apartment, finding a roof to take a breather on.

I'm angry... but it's good that I discovered they had this now, rather than when I'm in the middle of something.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 07:19:44 pm
It burned quite fiercely...

You feel tired, exhausted, fatigued. The fire took a lot of energy from you. You don't think you can do much after reaching the roof.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 07:30:13 pm
I'll have to keep an eye out for it from now on... I'm going to sleep now...

Lie down and sleep on the roof, still a raven.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 07:48:42 pm
Sleeping wouldn't do you much good. You have to make up for this loss of biomass through consumption...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 07:51:18 pm
Melt, and leave the laptop on the roof, sliding in through an open window of whatever building I happen to be on.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 07:58:46 pm
You slide into an open window, into an occupied apartment. There are plenty of fans operating inside. You find a curious house cat, not knowing what to do about your entrance, but seeming hostile.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 08:04:43 pm
...I like cats...

Consume it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 08:07:31 pm
A lot of people do. Poor kitty.

You feel a little better after consuming the kitty, but not better enough...YOU MUST HAVE MORE SUSTENANCE.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 08:11:29 pm
Turn into the cat, and look for the owner.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 08:13:11 pm
You search the apartment, finding the owner still asleep in his bedroom. It's an easy meal...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 08:16:36 pm
Jump onto his bed, and start licking his face.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 08:17:55 pm
"Not now..." he groans. "Go away..." He turns over.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 08:23:13 pm
Continue licking him, speaking in the deepest male voice I have.

"Please, arise. The time has come. My planet needs you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 08:25:50 pm
He turns around, eyes wide. "...Jessie? Did you just...talk?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 08:46:28 pm
Meow, licking his face again.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 08:49:33 pm
"...What do you need me for?" he asks, in awe of you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 08:54:05 pm
Meow again, and paw at his sheets. Hop down, and start walking to my food bowl.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 09:03:11 pm
"I could have sworn you said something..." He gets up, and walks over to your food dish, pouring some cat food into it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 09:25:58 pm
Start eating, talking as I do.

"At first, I was only here to do my duty, but you have been a good friend to me, and I have greatly enjoyed the time we have spent together. We have been observing your planet for many years, since the organisation known as Frund Tech began developing organisms with abilities not present in humans. Our elders prophesied that normal humans would begin to develop these abilities, and we searched for a human who would develop the abilities necessary to defeat the Great Ones, and end our eternal slavery. You are that human, and I was sent here to protect you. The Great Ones sense your power, and they have sent many to slay you, but I have been able to defeat them. Now, however, is the time when your power will surface. My planet needs you to defeat the gods themselves, and bring peace to the universe."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 09:28:20 pm
"What are you saying...that I'm supposed to...somehow save the planet?" asks the man. "How am I going to do that? What do I have to do? Who are you, really?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 09:44:30 pm
"I am a member of a species of four-dimensional beings, occupying a region of space beyond the comprehension of normal humans. We do not have names, so you may continue to call me Jessie, to facilitate your physical speech. All will make sense in due time. Every member of my species relies on you as our final hope. We believe that your power will be enough to defeat the gods that cause us so much suffering, and become a god in their place. The abilities your mutation has given you will become evident soon, so we must return to the Grand Station, before the Great Ones themselves descend upon this planet to destroy you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 09:47:07 pm
"Uh-huh! Alright! Take us there, then, wherever the Grand Station is! If I have powers...then I guess they'll come in handy while we defeat those guys!" The man seems quite eager to leave his home planet.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 09:53:59 pm
"Thank you. Our entire species is in your debt."

Finish my cat food, looking up.

"I must dematerialise both of us, so that we may rematerialise in the Grand Station. It will seem odd, but it will not be painful."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 09:56:34 pm
"Alright. Go ahead." The man waits patiently to be dematerialized so he may be transported to the Grand Station, closing his eyes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 10:02:18 pm
Melt, and spread myself over his body, slowly dematerialising him. Once done, prepare to transport us to the Grand Station, before remembering that it was a lie, and becoming slightly disappointed that I won't see whether he defeats the Great Ones.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 10:13:12 pm
You eat the man, enjoying the energy boost from the sustenance, but sad that you wove a mystical story that turned out to be a lie.

...Is this the Grand Station? asks Stephen. You are sure that was his name. It's so...weird...I hear all sorts of voices. Where are we?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2012, 05:42:57 pm
...Yes. This is the Grand Station. It appears there has been a complication, however. The Great Ones are concealing themselves, and your powers are taking longer to develop than expected. You will remain here for the time being.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2012, 05:49:38 pm
Understood...I'll just...look around...

His presence fades into your collective.

You're feeling much better now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2012, 05:55:55 pm
Wonder how his mind would process finding out he's in a different insane situation from the one he thinks he's in, and fly back to the roof. Take my laptop again, and land on a rooftop near the soldiers who attacked me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2012, 06:00:41 pm
You take the laptop again, and end up near where the soldiers were. A few have stuck around, but they've mostly cleared out in search of you. They know about you know...but who told them? They couldn't have possibly figured out that you disliked fire after the one time you attacked them before!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2012, 06:08:06 pm
Assume PowellCorp informed them, and see if one of their vehicles are nearby.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2012, 06:12:49 pm
You don't spot any PowellCorp vehicles, sadly. So many answers, but they're always so far away!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2012, 08:20:21 pm
See if one of the vehicles belonging to the soldiers are nearby, and assess whether I can get in without being noticed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2012, 08:26:00 pm
Sadly, no such vehicles are nearby. These soldiers have been left to deal with damage assessments or something, they'll be walking, most likely.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2012, 08:44:38 pm
Land nearby, and turn into Steve, cloaking. Stalk the group until I'm close, and suddenly start stabbing the soldiers to death with my tentacles at the same time.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2012, 08:49:18 pm
Engaging the soldiers is easier this time. You get two with your initial strike, but the two remaining soldiers annoy you with their guns! Stupid stupid stupid! They choose to try to hurt you with their bullets instead of running away!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2012, 09:08:42 pm
Mentally lift them into the air, and slam them into the ground, before slicing their torsos open.

Take back the biological matter they made me lose.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2012, 09:11:39 pm
A cache of organs falls out of them, which you consume along with the rest of their bodies. You find that they're carrying similar incendiary devices, the stuff that hurt you. It's a good thing they didn't recognize that you were the same mutant, or else they could have hurt you more. But they can't hurt anyone now...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2012, 09:18:18 pm
Cautiously pick up one of the devices, examining it and remembering how it works.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2012, 09:24:53 pm
There's a pin located near the top. You understand that by pulling this, you prime the weapon. Upon releasing your grip on the handle, most likely by throwing it, there is a short activation delay. Then, it explodes, releasing a burning gel over a radius.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2012, 09:47:35 pm
Pull the pin, and throw it down the street. Try to use Justin's mind to change its direction 90 degrees to the left in mid-air.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2012, 09:52:43 pm
You knock the grenade off of its course, causing it to bounce in a useful fashion...a corner would be totally compromised by such a change in direction!

People are starting to notice you, it seems. A crowd is gathering at some distance, observing your actions...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2012, 10:11:23 pm
Look around, concerned.

"Why are you all looking at- Oh... wait... I suppose I do look somewhat unusual..."

Turn into a raven, and fly away, taking an odd route back to the motel.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2012, 10:13:32 pm
You take your laptop and fly away, heading back to your temporary home.

Belle is up and waiting for you when you return. "What is it that you did this time?" she asks as you enter.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2012, 10:34:32 pm
"I impersonated an undead female child and acquired this computer."

Pull it out of my body, and set it on the bed.

"Then I walked back as Justin and got set on fire with a cannister and it was horrible so I fled to an apartment and ate a cat and transported Stephen to the Grand Station before killing some of the soldiers who set me on fire and throwing a cannister down the street."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2012, 10:36:03 pm
"...Good job, then. So, about this laptop..." Belle reaches out to open it, but hesitates before putting her hand down. "That thing was inside you. I kind of don't want to touch it knowing that..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2012, 07:36:50 pm
"It's a very efficient method for carrying synthetic objects!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2012, 07:51:34 pm
"It's all icky and moist!" she says, after touching it once. "I'm not using it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2012, 08:27:57 pm
"...Did you just call me icky and moist..?"

Start becoming quite sad.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2012, 08:33:14 pm
You become sad, but she does not give you any compliments to make you feel better.

"...You're sad about that? If that's the case, then your feelings are too easily hurt. Toughen up."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2012, 08:40:39 pm
"I don't like having feelings. I only got them recently and they're horrible."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2012, 08:53:37 pm
"...Well, what are we going to use this laptop for?" asks Belle. "I can't think of anything. This motel offers free wi-fi, though. I think."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2012, 09:07:18 pm
"I've used a computer before at work. Work was fun. We were paid money to look at the internet, and we could use that money for food."

Use Mark's memories to switch it on, and connect to the free wi-fi.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2012, 09:10:47 pm
You turn on the computer easily enough, and connect it to the internet. The only question is, WHAT DO YOU LOOK AT?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2012, 09:30:45 pm
"If I started talking to people from other places about myself, how long would it take before somebody stopped me?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2012, 09:35:15 pm
"I'm pretty sure FrundTech's put something in place already. At least, that's what they did with Seattle," says Belle. "Besides, the internet will probably be taken down completely in a few days."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 29, 2012, 07:34:51 pm
"Aww... I suppose I'll look at several peoples' favourite websites."

Look at some of the websites Steve frequents.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 29, 2012, 07:40:15 pm
Steve didn't frequent too many websites, but you open up one he frequented.

W-wait! Close that! Don't look at it!

This website is quite pornographic.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 29, 2012, 07:52:06 pm
Click something he would click.

"...Steve doesn't want me looking at this... I think it's... embarrassment..? Why would he be embarrassed about looking at naked humans? I don't fully understand why he would want to, but I don't understand why he'd be embarrassed."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 29, 2012, 07:57:12 pm
"Are you looking at porn?" asks Belle, seeming disgusted. "Please, be decent and stop that right now."

Two women are having mock sexual intercourse with each other. This doesn't seem normal for human mating practices.

STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 29, 2012, 08:08:33 pm
Become oddly fascinated, and a little disturbed.

"...I don't understand... It's like they're trying to mate but don't know how to do it properly... None of this looks very enjoyable... but they still make strange noises normal people don't make... Is this meant to be in some way humorous..?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 29, 2012, 08:10:13 pm
Belle comes over and exits out of the webpage, to your disappointment.

"They're doing something very dirty. Don't go asking about it, discussing it, or trying to recreate it in public," she says in addition to exiting the page.

Steve seems relieved.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 29, 2012, 08:24:08 pm
"...I still don't understand... I suppose I'll look at the favourite websites of a different per... Most of these are similar... Do you have any favourite websites?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 29, 2012, 08:28:27 pm
"Let me see that," she says, before taking the computer away. She gives it back to you after bringing up a news website.

"You see all this?" she says, indicating the articles. "These are all about Phoenix. This is what the nation is saying about us..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 29, 2012, 08:31:52 pm
"Hrm, interesting, and not the scary kind of interesting."

Start reading through it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 29, 2012, 08:37:31 pm
There are a lot of articles focusing on Phoenix, but not a lot of them bring up FrundTech's quarantine, just a lot of focus on the outbreak and the implications of it. If it happened to two cities, then isn't it likely it will happen to more? What about the factors involved in having a mutant populace? What rights will the mutants be given? How will they be treated? What if the world falls into anarchy due to increased crime rates caused by mutants? What if the mutant rebellion takes over the world and causes genocide? It seems humans are quite fear-oriented, especially when it comes to the realm of possibility.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 29, 2012, 08:41:27 pm
"If everyone just let me consume them then nobody would ever have any reason to ever be scared."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 29, 2012, 08:43:25 pm
"They'd be scared of you," says Belle. "And consuming everybody would be impossible. Really, Tower, that wouldn't solve any problems. Besides, if you consumed everybody, then what would you eat?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 29, 2012, 08:52:37 pm
"I would breed humans for the sole purpose of feeding me, like humans do to other animals, but that's irrelevant to my statement. I know it's impossible, but it would put an end to all war and suffering, as everybody would be one. But despite that, few humans would be willing to accept it. Why is that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 29, 2012, 08:54:32 pm
"Because they want to maintain their own choice," says Belle. "By eating everyone, you're essentially robbing them of their say in what happens. They can't be sure of what happens, they'd prefer to do what they want to do instead of being...you, I guess. Is that your end goal, then? Becoming everyone?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 29, 2012, 09:06:38 pm
"Their minds would influence mine, and due to this they would all have an equal say in everything that ever happened. This is not my goal, however. I don't know how long I will live for, but the global birth rate is higher than my estimated consumption rate, factoring in hostility, and geographical distance."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 29, 2012, 09:07:44 pm
"...What should we do today?" asks Belle. "There are bigger dilemmas to worry about right now."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2012, 07:09:31 pm
"What would you normally do today?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2012, 07:13:04 pm
"I dunno, stay inside, try not to get killed, maybe think of somewhere else I could go so I don't have to pay for a motel room?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2012, 07:56:46 pm
"...That sounds boring... Do you do anything else?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2012, 08:01:07 pm
"I used to," says Belle, "but if you haven't noticed, things suddenly changed a lot. Do you do anything besides ask others what they want to do? If I were a blob monster, then I don't think I would get bored with all of the things I could do with myself. Have you explored your abilities beyond what you can do instinctually? Like, maybe try turning into something that you haven't eaten?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2012, 08:10:08 pm
"...You think I can do that? I only have access to the DNA I've already consumed, and I can make creative combinations, but are you suggesting I use matter I haven't absorbed?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2012, 08:11:49 pm
"Well, you can certainly make clothes," says Belle. "Why not try making metal or something? Maybe something you'd wished you'd absorbed but haven't? You could try mimicking the texture and look of it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2012, 08:22:15 pm
"Hrm..."

Try turning myself metallic, like Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2012, 08:27:14 pm
Clothes are one thing, but hardening parts of your outer exterior into solid metal proves too much for you to be able to handle! Metal is too inorganic a material, or maybe it's too hard for you to replicate like clothing. Either way, you fail in your intended task.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2012, 08:41:04 pm
"I can't mimic your power, but I'll try something else."

Try to turn into a rather creepy patchwork doll.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2012, 08:52:14 pm
You slowly turn into mismatched squares of fabric based around a doll with stringy hair, a button eye hanging out, a stitched smile slowly coming undone. Your clothes are tattered and unnatural, your presence, eerie. As you sit slumped forward, Belle raises an eyebrow.

"What's with your deal with creepy things?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2012, 09:05:19 pm
Form some simple bones and muscles and a nervous system underneath, and walk up to her.

"People were always scared of me when I tried to be creative, so maybe that means I'm good at being scary."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2012, 09:09:44 pm
"But is being scary better than being adaptive and effective?" asks Belle. "It won't help you if you get into a street fight with a bunch of mutants."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 11:32:04 am
"But I'm not in a street fight at the minute."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 03:37:03 pm
"I'm saying you should work on solving more practical problems," says Belle, frustrated.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 04:10:53 pm
"...Like what?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 05:23:46 pm
"Oh, like how we should get out of here, or what we should do this afternoon, you know, important things like that." Belle takes the computer and begins typing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 07:12:25 pm
"Do you want to leave the city, or do you want to try to help everyone inside it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 07:17:21 pm
"Me? I'm all for leaving, if it's possible. But you...you'd seem like the type who would want to stay here, because you'd be able to continue being creepy, or eating people."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 07:46:56 pm
"Turn into metal and curl up into a ball. I might be able to carry you out."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 07:55:57 pm
"I don't think that would work," says Belle. "We wouldn't be able to leave discreetly."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 08:02:54 pm
"We'll think about that another time, then. Do you need sustenance?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 08:17:06 pm
"Sure, yeah. Got any restaurants in mind? I'm in the mood for bacon." Belle stretches.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 08:45:48 pm
"Do you have any of these bartering tokens? I mean, money?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 08:54:09 pm
"I have enough," she says. "But I might need some more soon. Do you have anything to pitch in?" she asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 09:04:26 pm
"None at all. I don't have any need for money."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 09:17:15 pm
"But you do realize that you can BUY things with it? You know, it's something that allows you to buy more things, like food?"

That is quite true.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 09:23:02 pm
"But it's so much trouble to obtain! Humans dedicate their entire lives to getting more of it, but I have more important things I could be doing."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 09:25:57 pm
"Well, doing what I think you normally do, getting more money shouldn't be too hard. I mean, if you eat someone, they wouldn't have much use for their money anymore, right?" Belle shrugs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 09:29:26 pm
"Where do people keep their money?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 09:31:24 pm
"In their pockets. They normally keep it in wallets. Are you saying that you've never saved any of the money that you've gotten from others?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 09:39:04 pm
"To have saved money I've gotten from others I'd need to have taken money from others in the first place."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 09:44:08 pm
"Well, now you know what to do next time you eat someone," says Belle.

What about that clue we got from the other Subject Tower? If we found that building with that mural...we could find out more.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 09:52:32 pm
But how do we find it? It's not like we can just...

"Let me use the computer for a moment."

Run an internet search for murals in Phoenix.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 09:56:00 pm
There's quite a nice list of these murals, they cover a variety of themes from decorative landscapes to...ETHNIC DIVERSITY!

It's right there! The mural! It's so much like so many others, but you see it! You see the address, too! The building isn't too far away! Well, it's actually quite a few blocks away, but you know where it is now!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 09:59:25 pm
"I've found the address of a building belonging to PowellCorp."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 10:04:00 pm
"Really, now? And what would we do there?" asks Belle. "Do you have business with them? I think you brought something like that up..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 10:06:10 pm
"They're likely to have more mutants I can consume. I'm also naturally curious to visit and consume them, since they're the ones who created me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 10:08:31 pm
"Fine. So...this building's supposed to have something to do with PowellCorp, then?" asks Belle as she looks at the mural on your computer. "It doesn't look like a normal business center."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 10:21:49 pm
"The other Subject Tower remembers this building very well. It's likely they would disguise at least some of the buildings they operate out of. I'm going to go now."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 10:28:34 pm
"...Should I go with you or something?" asks Belle. "I mean, it could be dangerous."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 10:33:56 pm
"I'm planning on flying there, melting to slide in, and turning invisible to look around inside."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 10:36:50 pm
"But what if something goes wrong? I won't go with you if you don't want me to, but I dunno, this sounds kind of dangerous to go alone..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 10:40:58 pm
"...I suppose there are advantages and disadvantages either way. If I go with you I'm much safer if I'm exposed to fire-based weaponry, but it means I'm more likely to be attacked in the first place."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 10:43:58 pm
"Your call," says Belle. "I don't feel like putting my life on the line for something like this...it's none of my business, really." She sits down on the bed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 10:50:20 pm
"I'll look around the building first. If I decide that my life would be endangered by attacking alone, I will return."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 10:53:48 pm
"Alright, have fun," says Belle, having grown increasingly disconnected by interacting with the computer.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2012, 10:11:32 am
"Goodbye."

Turn into a raven, and fly to the building.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2012, 10:33:16 am
The flight across town reveals that today will be cloudy, more than usual. You guess that you'll be shielded from the garish sun today.

Landing in front of the building, you immediately see a few suspicious characters out front of it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2012, 10:37:53 am
Fly in a random direction away, and then circle around, landing on the roof. Look for any ways I can slip in from there.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2012, 10:50:46 am
You see no points of entry on the roof. However, you do see a lone guard up here...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2012, 10:57:52 am
Land somewhere close behind him, and suddenly attack. Use four tentacles to hold his limbs still, one to wrap around his mouth, and another, bladed one to stab him through the throat.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2012, 12:13:29 pm
You're glad that humans aren't slippery, because otherwise holding them still would be hard. You restrain him easily, and chiefly puncture his throat.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2012, 08:13:51 pm
Consume him, and be careful to clean up all of the mess. Turn into him, and carefully examining his clothes, imitating them perfectly. Take all of his equipment, and look around the rooftop for anything I can use to hide or destroy the original clothing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2012, 08:23:38 pm
You clean up nicely, but you think the only place you can put his clothing is inside of yourself. He has no equipment, aside from his respectable mutant power of telekinesis, but you already have that one.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2012, 08:47:58 pm
Store the clothes inside my body, and think carefully about his job. Remember what he's meant to be doing, how he'll know when he doesn't have to do it anymore, how much freedom he has, and how he generally speaks to others.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2012, 08:53:53 pm
He was left to guard the roof, looking for anything suspicious...he would report it using a special radio device, but you killed him before he could do that. He's less-restrained than a FrundTech mutant, and he's quite awkward socially.

It shouldn't be too hard to imitate him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2012, 09:02:42 pm
Take the radio, and stand guard for as long as he was expected to.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2012, 09:12:19 pm
You stand guard until your replacement shows up.

"Your shift is over," says a man, climbing onto the roof. He wears normal clothing, and looks quite strong.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2012, 09:33:23 pm
"Alright, thanks."

Enter the building the way he left, and go to wherever he's meant to go next.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2012, 09:40:58 pm
You step inside the building, finding it to look much like a normal building would. However, you step down to a special door at the end of a hallway, and find a scanner. It unlocks the door to the hideout. All you have to do is punch in a code and allow for the eye scanner to verify your identity. The code is 5526814.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2012, 09:43:53 pm
Enter the code, and use the eye scanner, hoping it can't tell the difference.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2012, 10:02:03 pm
Your imitation is too perfect! It doesn't detect anything.

You step down a flight of stairs after the door opens, and emerge into...your secret PowellCorp installation. Various mutants hang about the place...they all seem so delicious. You suppose a bite coul-WAIT, you would normally head to your room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2012, 07:19:16 pm
Head to my room, and do what he would usually do there, recalling how much time I have to look around before he has something else he needs to do.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2012, 07:55:01 pm
You suppose he would need to eat. The mess hall is open for an hour for breakfast.

Your room isn't too furnished. A simple table and regulation sleeping pod are all that decorate your living quarters.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2012, 08:29:07 pm
Walk to the mess hall, paying careful attention to everything on the way there, looking for anything I may be interested in checking out later.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2012, 08:31:12 pm
You notice that there are a lot of mutants doing things. You also notice various laboratory areas...the answers lie in them.

The mess hall is automated. All you have to do is order a meal from one of several different machines if you wish to eat.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2012, 08:47:48 pm
Choose something I haven't tried before, and begin to eat, remembering how much access I have to the laboratories.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2012, 09:00:08 pm
You decide to try a hamburger...

What you get is a meat patty covered in bread and vegetables. You also get water as a side beverage.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2012, 09:10:15 pm
Begin eating, and remember how much of the base I'm allowed to access.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2012, 09:17:07 pm
You have little clearance, since you're a mutant guard. Someone with more clearance would be a scientist, and you find that they're quite plentiful around the base...PowellCorp seems to be more fun than FrundTech, since they allow for genetic modification of their personnel.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2012, 09:19:37 pm
Think carefully, recalling whether he has a particular scientist he would go to were he having any complications related to his powers.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2012, 09:24:25 pm
He would...make an appointment with the mutant corrections office...who he knew he could definitely trust.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2012, 09:41:40 pm
Remember any previous meetings he's had with them, and how many people were in the room at the time.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2012, 09:57:22 pm
Actually, you've never had a meeting with them before. You only know that you should contact them if you think anything is wrong with yourself.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2012, 10:16:33 pm
I feel strange trying to remember specific things this way. Remember for me and answer my questions, Steve. What do I do in order to arrange an appointment?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2012, 10:23:44 pm
Remember for you? I...hold on...

You feel Steve merge back into your collective for a short while before coming back out.

You must...go to the mutant corrections appointment room...and meet with Dr. James Clark. He will set up the rest...I...that was weird, going on an errand into the collective for that. I have a bad feeling about this.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2012, 10:37:32 pm
If I'm able to consume him secretly, I can easily access the rest of the base.

Find the appointment room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2012, 10:41:44 pm
The appointment room is at the end of a lonely hallway. Nobody else is around this area, really.

There's very little inside, save for a few seats, a desk, and a special door at the other end of the room. The doctor doesn't appear to be present in the room, but is instead on a monitor...

"Hello, subject. Please state your name and business," says a semi-aged man on the screen.

Your name is Subject Jacob...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2012, 11:09:37 pm
What's a human expletive that appropriately describes the presence of the screen?

"Subject Jacob. My telekinesis has suddenly stopped working, and I'm unable to move even small objects."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2012, 11:14:25 pm
Damn.

"That's unfortunate to hear...so, you've come to get that checked out? Fortunately for you, we can take you in for examination right now, Subject Jacob," says Dr. Clark. "Please, direct yourself down the hallway, past the open door."

The door on the other side of the room opens.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2012, 08:15:43 pm
So it blocked off my plan like a dam blocking off the flow of water? ...I think I just said something metaphorical...

Walk on through, deciding that I'm past the point of no return, anyway.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2012, 08:25:00 pm
You step through a hallway, walls forming passageways around you...changing. They're leading you into a room of some sort...

You step into a white room, with a single white block lying in the middle.

"Pick up the block with your mind," says the doctor over speakers.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2012, 08:39:21 pm
Apply a very small vertical force to it for a few seconds, so that it's barely off the ground, and then suddenly stop.

"It hurts... a lot..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2012, 08:42:17 pm
"You told us you were unable to move even small objects, Jacob," says the doctor. "Were you lying about that before?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2012, 08:48:00 pm
"...That doesn't really count as moving it, does it..? It barely even left the ground."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2012, 08:55:00 pm
"Your powers have not completely stopped working. Tell me, Jacob, has anything happened recently that could have caused this?" asks the doctor, sounding unamused.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2012, 09:00:52 pm
"I've got absolutely no idea..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2012, 09:12:15 pm
"...Interesting. We'll send a doctor to examine you shortly...please, stay where you are."

The loudspeaker shuts off, and shortly after, a nervous man in a biohazard suit comes in.

"Please...stay still and allow me to examine you...it won't take long." He approaches.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2012, 09:16:51 pm
Get an idea, that may serve multiple purposes.

"...You're going to examine me HERE..? In front of everyone?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2012, 09:24:53 pm
"Subject Jacob, there's nobody else here..." says the doctor, seeming confused.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2012, 09:42:00 pm
If I'm still being monitored, at least his suit looks fireproof...

"Alright... Just get this over with..."

Let him get closer, and clamp down on the neck of his suit with the full force of both Jacob's and Justin's minds, trying not to let him make a single sound.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2012, 09:44:33 pm
Your telekinetic powers have been amplified by your consumption of another telekinetic mutant! You easily clamp down on his neck, preventing him from making sounds, or breathing! He can only weakly flail his limbs as a few tools fall to the ground.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2012, 10:00:42 pm
Hope that Dr. Clark isn't just staying silent to see what I'll do next, and quietly stab open a hole in the armpit of the biohazard suit with a tentacle. Melt, and consume the body through it, reforming as him inside it, and making sure Jacob's clothes are still inside me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2012, 10:03:11 pm
You find it quite easy to slide inside the little entry hole that you've made, and you manage to keep the clothes as well. Consuming this man goes quite easy. You're good at consuming people.

The hissing of air, however, signifies that the suit has been opened up to the environment. You might want to fix it somehow...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2012, 10:31:28 pm
Try to imitate a small amount of the material on my armpit, to cover up the puncture. Talk into the radio in the suit.

"...Hello.. Doctor Clark? Did you see what just happened..?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2012, 10:33:07 pm
"I heard something. Why, what just happened?" asks Dr. Clark. It seems that he wasn't watching...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2012, 10:42:43 pm
"He just... started smiling like a psychopath... I felt like I was being choked, and I couldn't breathe... but then he stopped, and just... flew THROUGH the wall... I think he's gone insane... but other than that I've got NO idea what just happened..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2012, 10:47:03 pm
"Get out of there. I'll activate the alarms."

A pathway opens, and soon after, you hear alarms go off.

"Warning, warning, a mutant has gone rogue. If you see a 'SUBJECT JACOB,' do not approach it unless you are an on-service mutant soldier, or an appropriately-ranked personnel."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2012, 10:57:39 pm
Quickly leave the room, and do what this man would be expected to do in this situation.

That was most fortunate.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2012, 11:02:50 pm
You leave the room, coming into a special decontamination room. Here you have storage for the hazmat suits and other tools, as well as showers. You're obligated to shower off before going into the main area again.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 06, 2012, 05:50:47 pm
Remember how hot the showers are, and how powerful they are. Also remember whether I'll have to change before leaving the room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 06, 2012, 05:54:14 pm
They're quite powerful, but you won't have to use them, you didn't get into contact with the mutant...

You need to access your locker and redress yourself. Everything you need to get around the base should be in it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 06, 2012, 06:03:17 pm
Don't use them, planning to claim I was in a hurry to get out of there if questioned on it. Get changed, and equip myself properly, before returning to the main area.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 06, 2012, 06:11:15 pm
You get back to the main area, the alert still blaring loudly. Another scientist runs over to you.

"What are you doing out here!? Get into the panic room, before you get killed!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 06, 2012, 06:57:05 pm
"Right! Sorry!"

Hurry to the panic room, remembering how it works, specifically.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 06, 2012, 08:34:50 pm
You enter the panic room after running down a long hallway. How it works, you recall, is that you wait inside until the emergency is over.

You notice that along the way, the mutants are searching for your false emergency claim. They look threatening, though.

You're locked inside a room with plenty of other scientists, who seem pretty frazzled at these events.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 06, 2012, 08:56:22 pm
Wait for about thirty seconds, to allow everyone to settle down.

Turn into the little girl, and extend all my tentacles at once. Tear through every single one of them with my blades, mentally holding down any that prove troublesome, before killing them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 06, 2012, 09:01:29 pm
You get six of the scientists around you, trying your hardest to suppress the 10 or so others around you.

"Gentleman, Subject Tower 001 is suspected to be inside the panic room. No further action is required on your parts, the ultra emergency purge mechanism will be activated," says Clark, over a speaker.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 06, 2012, 09:32:47 pm
"...DAMN!"

Keep cutting up the rest of them, paying close attention to what happens next before establishing how I can defend myself.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 06, 2012, 09:35:22 pm
Several panels open up in the walls and floor, spout-like devices protruding from them. You come to the conclusion that these will most likely incinerate you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 06, 2012, 09:46:58 pm
Turn into Steve, with the frame of a gorilla. Charge the door, and attempt to bash it down with both my muscle and minds.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 06, 2012, 09:51:07 pm
You begin bashing the door with great strength! You succeed in putting a few good dents in it, but it's not enough to escape your situation before the fire starts!

Pain. Your reality is pain...

So much mass lost...so much energy gone...you're not sure where you are anymore...have you been killed?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 06, 2012, 10:01:01 pm
Try to form a barrier around myself, or create ice around me to melt it into water, or anything else to try to stop the pain.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 06, 2012, 10:03:19 pm
You do what you can, which isn't much...

The pain is still there, but the fire isn't...you need nourishment...NOW.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 06, 2012, 10:30:06 pm
Try to consume as much material from the burnt scientists as possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 06, 2012, 11:54:45 pm
There's stuff to consume, BUT IT'S LOW IN THE NUTRITION THAT YOU DIRELY REQUIRE.

The door opens...men in suits. You're not in the best condition for fighting.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 07:41:16 pm
Turn into a rat-sized Steve, and turn invisible, sprinting out the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 07:51:04 pm
You turn into a more conventional lizard, before scrambling out of the room, passing the squad of men tasked with retrieving you!

The fire burned you...but as long as you keep eating, you should be okay. Perhaps a more stealth-based approach is called for?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 08:08:28 pm
Turn into the normal-sized Steve, and stay cloaked. Sneak around, looking for the lab most likely to contain information about me, trying to remember any information the charred corpses gave me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 08:14:01 pm
You realize that you're on the wrong level to be seeking information about your project, this level is just housing and labs for the more common models, not for special organisms such as yourself...

To get into the special labs, you'll need to seek one of several doctors, and consume them. All of these doctors are most likely under heavy guard on this level, protected by several mutants...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 08:16:06 pm
Stalk around the floor, until I find a mutant by itself, or in a group of two.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 08:22:16 pm
You like being invisible...nobody seems to notice you while you move around...

You find a female mutant...her hands are clawed, with metallic blades extending from between her fingers...she looks like a nice disguise.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 08:34:50 pm
Mentally clamp down on her throat, and get to work consuming her before anyone shows up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 08:40:49 pm
Your force choke is effective...and you get done eating her within 15 seconds...you were quite hungry, and she provides you with an abundance of nourishment.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 08:56:40 pm
Drop Jacob's clothes and store hers in my body. Turn into her, and start doing exactly what she would be doing, movement for movement, to reduce suspiscion.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 09:05:12 pm
She was commanded to patrol...so you shall patrol. However, her route also takes her near one of the scientists required for special labs access...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 09:12:51 pm
Patrol past one of the scientists, noting how well protect he is as I pass.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 09:16:58 pm
You see five mutants around him as you pass by...they grow slightly tense as you approach, giving you glimpses of their powers. It appears one of them is an ice mutant, while another is fire. One happens to be electricity, and you can't discern the others...

They all look delicious, if not dangerous.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 09:28:20 pm
Continue walking normally, until I'm alone, then turn into Steve again, cloaking and positioning myself behind them.

Turn my skin to stone, and attempt to stab each of them in the back with a different tentacle each, mentally choking the fire and ice mutants for good measure. Shoot lasers out of my eyes at the electricity mutant while stabbing him, and do the same to any of the others who seem to pose a strong threat.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 09:32:55 pm
You begin choking the two while shooting another, being surprised upon having your ears assaulted by sonic sound waves! You stumble back, stunned! The other uncertain mutant turns into metal, and throws itself at you, pummeling you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 09:38:19 pm
Remove my sense of hearing, and turn into a rat-sized Steve again, trying to continue choking the fire and ice mutants. Position myself directly below the scientist, and impale him from underneath with a bladed tentacle, to ensure he doesn't escape before the fight is over.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 09:43:00 pm
Your telekinesis is significantly weaker as a small lizard, but you pull everything else off, taking out the scientist by surprise as you move underneath...

Now you just have to deal with the rest of them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 09:48:34 pm
Grow raven wings and fly onto the ceiling, stabbing both the fire and ice mutants through their heads from above so that I can focus my powers on the others.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 09:52:50 pm
You take some hits, and get burned and frozen, but you take position and skewer the main threats. The bodies are piling up.

You'd best finish this up and get eating before more come!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 10:05:31 pm
Drop down again, slashing the sound mutant and the other one's throats open on the way down. Focus my telekinesis on the metal mutant, trying to cave its skull in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 10:11:37 pm
You slam the metal mutant into the ground after killing the other two...but how will you deal with him?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 10:43:00 pm
Hold him down as I quickly consume all the others, and focus fire and electricity on him. Restore my hearing, while I'm at it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 10:55:47 pm
You hold him down, spreading yourself out amongst the bodies, absorbing them all in a few minutes. You feel the tingle of electricity well up in your hands as you integrate the DNA. You begin shocking and flaming him...and are delighted to see his metal shell fade away...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 09:05:38 pm
Melt, and begin to consume him, thinking about what I'll do with all my new abilities.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 09:09:11 pm
You eat him handily...

You've never gotten so many new abilities at once...there's so much you can do now that you could have never done before! Perhaps you could use these to assist you in further infiltrating this base? That would be the best idea right now. You shouldn't spend much more time here, somebody might have noticed your fighting...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 09:17:35 pm
Turn into Steve again, and turn invisible. Use my new knowledge to navigate, and head for the labs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 09:20:19 pm
Your route takes you past a few other guarded scientists, but from what you know these scientists aren't guarded by much that you haven't already assimilated. You know that one of them is guarded by a mutant with healing powers, and another with powers to control minds to a limited extent...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 09:26:20 pm
Find the mind-controlling mutant, and observe his group, identifying the abilities of each one.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 09:43:00 pm
You see them...the group has six mutants in it. One of them uses laser eyes, another uses telekinesis, another has some kind of reptile thing going on, like Steve, another you can't discern, and the last has...insect powers?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 09:52:46 pm
Turn into a small lizard, and climb onto the ceiling again. Stab downwards into the mind-controlling mutant's head with a metal blade, and drop to the ground, turning into the thing made out of lots of different people, coated in metal. Force the telekinetic mutant to the ground, face-down so that he can't see what he's doing. Use my newly metal-bladed tentacles to attack the others, focusing on the unidentified mutant and the scientist. Set fire to the insect.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 09:55:56 pm
You successfully perform a seven-man takedown without so much as a reaction from the other side...it's satisfying to have everyone drop dead flawlessly. You guess these meals are now yours...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 10:07:34 pm
Slash around some more out of paranoia, double-checking that this isn't some sort of illusion caused by the unidentified mutant. If everything seems fine, begin consuming.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 10:13:17 pm
You slash around some more, feeling nothing else. You guess you're really powerful, if you were able to take down all of these mutants at once...

The consumption process goes quickly, but you think the other scientists have moved by now, you won't be able to go after them.

You suppose the labs are the only sure bet now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 10:26:09 pm
Turn into Steve again, and cloak. Find my way to the labs by the shortest route possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 10:31:22 pm
You find the entrance. All it requires to enter is a retinal and fingerprint scan...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 10:58:26 pm
Turn into the scientist I just consumed, and attempt to access it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 11:00:55 pm
You let the device scan your eye, and your finger, and are pleased to hear it beep in acceptance! The door in front of you opens, revealing a staircase...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 11:08:51 pm
Cloak again, and carefully enter, moving to the labs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 11:13:32 pm
You cloak, but that doesn't seem to confuse the active sentry guns in the room, which quickly set to work on shooting you. It's quite annoying! It's hard to maintain your form when under fire like this!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 11:18:59 pm
Quickly take cover outside, and remember how exactly the turrets know if somebody's in the room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 11:23:47 pm
You think...they work by detecting thermal heat signatures. But they only work with thermal.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 11:30:50 pm
Use my ice powers to cool Steve's unheated blood down, but not by enough to cause me to freeze. Walk past the turrets.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 11:37:10 pm
You don't feel like you're at peak condition after doing this, but you manage to get through the hallway without drawing any more fire.

"ALERT, SUBJECT TOWER 001 HAS INFILTRATED THE INNER LABS. SEAL IT IN, NOTHING GOES IN OR OUT UNTIL IT IS CONFIRMED APPREHENDED OR KILLED."

The door shuts behind you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 11:38:32 pm
Once out of range of the turrets, heat myself up a little, and look for my birthplace.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 11:46:14 pm
You know your birthplace isn't here, you were developed somewhere else. This is where the general production of the Tower series was held. You were being transported here from a more secure location, but your truck crashed.

You pass by several laboratories, notable containers within, as well as complex machinery. You see a room that seems to be unoccupied, with a single stasis chamber inside. Contained within the chamber appears to be another Subject Tower, this one's serial number being 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 11:57:09 pm
Unlock the stasis chamber, remaining invisible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 10, 2012, 12:00:55 am
You unlock the chamber, a hydraulic hiss coming from it as it moves upward. The sludge inside drops onto the ground, slowly moving around, not seeming to have a mind yet.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 10, 2012, 12:08:55 am
Make a guess as to how much of my mass it would need to inherit my mind.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 10, 2012, 12:15:55 am
You're not sure at all. Such testing has not been done in this facility!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 10, 2012, 07:57:12 pm
Disconnect both of my arms from my body, and move out of the way, remaining invisible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 10, 2012, 08:05:27 pm
You watch as the blob slithers up to your arms, seeming curious upon running into them, then enveloping them slowly in its ooze.

You wait for a short while before you hear armed personnel moving up the hallway. Subject Tower 018 is a very slow eater!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 10, 2012, 08:08:45 pm
Turn into a small lizard, still invisible, and cling to the ceiling, right in front of the doorway. Remember what abilities I gained from the mutant I didn't recognise.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 10, 2012, 08:15:32 pm
You recall that that mutant had the ability to shoot small needles. You recall eating one other mutant like it before, but you've never really used that ability.

"Subject Tower 018's chamber has been unlocked, subject appears to be...eating a severed pair of arms...residue visible, these 'arms' likely belonged to Subject Tower 001," a man says, his voice distorted by some kind of vo-coder.

"Initial thermal scans show no signs of Subject Tower 001...somebody go in there and secure 018," says another.

The door opens, and one personnel steps in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 10, 2012, 08:23:37 pm
Climb through the top part of the doorway, and use my triple-telekinesis to snap the necks of the other guards. If I'm successful, move back into the room and do the same to the first one.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 10, 2012, 08:26:47 pm
You climb through, but suddenly they respond!

"001 SIGHTED ON THERMAL! TAKE IT OUT!"

The crew begins spreading out and firing on you! You're not sure what's in these bullets, but they BURN YOU!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 10, 2012, 08:35:12 pm
Turn into the little girl to make myself a smaller target. Turn into metal, and form a barrier in front of me. Use my tentacles to slash at them, while emitting a piercing screech.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 10, 2012, 08:41:35 pm
You reach over the barrier with your tentacles, scoring a few hits, but you stun yourself as your screech rebounds off of the barrier! Your focus dissolves as the screech hits you, and you take gunfire as the barrier disappears!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 10, 2012, 08:46:18 pm
Scream with anger, and reform the barrier. Suddenly replace my blades with eyes, and start firing lasers out of them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 10, 2012, 09:06:29 pm
You feel filled by emotion! Your many eyes fire off lasers, cutting down the men before you! You scream, a scream of pain and fury! You feel...ALIVE! More alive than you ever have before! You've been hurt, but you won't lie down and die! You'll fight! BUT WHAT ARE YOU FIGHTING FOR!?

You've wiped out the team...they're all dead before you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 11, 2012, 07:26:02 pm
Consume their bodies to gain mass, and turn into Steve again, returning to my clone, invisible. Disconnect and regrow my arms as many times as I'm comfortable with.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 11, 2012, 07:44:05 pm
You keep doing this for a while, but it's beginning to become quite draining on you. You're not sure what your clone is doing with all of this material, either, since it just seems to be eating it and not learning anything! And call you crazy, but you think they're mobilizing something else against you. You hear loud noises in the hallway!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 12:49:42 pm
Remember that I was able to gain the memories of my other clone by consuming it, and decide that it must need more.

Cool myself down a little so that I don't show up on thermal, and investigate.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 01:22:03 pm
You're thinking about what's happening with your clone, and you realize that while you keep dropping arms for it, those arms have been defined as arms by your form. Perhaps if you didn't define them as arms? Maybe your default ooze would work...

You investigate what's going on outside, and you're surprised to see some sort of battlemech in the hallway! It's large, with two legs, and a rectangular body with turrets mounted on either side of it. It doesn't spot you as you peek out, however.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 02:52:57 pm
Turn into a small lizard, being sure to keep my temperature the same. Climb onto the ceiling and look down on it, examining its body carefully.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 03:32:23 pm
The mech is built similarly to a tank, except with legs. You believe its cameras are located inside the red strip of plexiglass on the front half of the body. It may be human-controlled. However, it doesn't seem to be too discriminatory of where you might be, as it is walking right up to the lab you were just in, guns revved!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 07:03:17 pm
From the ceiling, cut through the plexiglass with a metal blade. Drop down onto it, and melt into the hole. Turn into a metal lizard, and break everything inside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 07:08:47 pm
Your metal blade scratches the glass, but fails to break it! The robot begins to slowly reorient itself to fire at you, turning towards the ceiling, bullets firing off!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 07:18:33 pm
Drop down, and quickly move under it, crawling around its underside and looking for a point I could more easily pierce.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 07:21:48 pm
This mech wasn't built for close quarters combat, obviously, and is unable to do much as you slide underneath it. You notice that the area where the legs meet the body could be easy to slip into.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 07:29:00 pm
Slide inside, and see where I end up. Try not to get myself electrocuted again.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 07:37:03 pm
You're on the outside of some sort of box-like container. You suppose that inside this box is where all of the circuitry lies, but that should also house the painful electricity...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 07:45:57 pm
Look for the wires connecting the box to the other parts of the mech, and mentally cut them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 07:50:42 pm
There are several bundles extending to other parts, so you cut through those. You feel the mech suddenly lurch forward as you do so, the legs stop moving.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 08:06:28 pm
Make sure I've completely separated the box from the rest of the mech, and leave. Make sure the guns are no longer working, by lifting a tentacle in front of one.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 08:12:36 pm
You lift a tentacle, the gun doesn't respond.

You think you've disabled it handily.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 08:20:56 pm
Turn into Steve again, and quickly return to my clone. Turn my arms into ooze, and let them fall.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 08:31:22 pm
The ooze slops down onto the floor, and your clone begins eating it.

You're surprised when the ooze suddenly springs up, turning into Steve! It stares at you...

"...Hello, me," it says, curiously.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 08:50:58 pm
"Hello. I'm very happy to finally be talking to somebody who understands me. How much of our memories do you have?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 08:57:13 pm
"A lot of our memories...I think," says your clone.

...It's weird staring at myself. And it's also weird thinking that there's a copy of my mind in your clone's head.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 09:11:10 pm
I like it. I feel nice.

"That is good. I will give you some more of my mass once I have eaten more, to be sure. We should look for more information about us while we're here, though. There will be a lot of information about the other you, since you were created here."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 09:15:29 pm
"Yes...that is a logical course of action."

You guess the only way you can go is deeper into the labs. You doubt you can get out of here by going back, anyway.

Is that the sound of MORE guys outside? This should be easier with your partner...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 09:24:06 pm
"We should read each-other's minds to co-ordinate our attacks better. We haven't been using Clyde enough, but it should be easy since we're reading our own minds."

Read his mind, and see if his Steve is also thinking about my Steve. Cloak, and cool myself down, moving into the hallway.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 09:39:03 pm
His Steve is also in wonderment! He's quite intrigued by what's happening.

You both coordinate with each other to move into the hallway. It seems that there's a force of five more men, these guys with heavy weaponry. They've taken position at the end of the hallway, and they're quite wary...they haven't spotted you, though.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 09:48:16 pm
Enter the room again, and make all my tentacles eyed. Aim them around the corner, and start firing lasers at them, intending for my clone to crawl across the ceiling and kill them from behind.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 09:57:13 pm
You think your clone is doing just that as you provide suppressing fire. The sound of panic at the other end seems to indicate that it was at least marginally successful.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 10:01:10 pm
Cloak again, and move in to help with my blades.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 10:06:43 pm
You move in, but you receive several stray bullets as you move down the hallway. These teams are SO IRRITATING!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 10:15:55 pm
Form a barrier, and advance, stabbing the guards that 018 didn't.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 10:25:30 pm
You take one down, but 018 stops you from killing the last one!

"No, let's use our mind control on him!" says 018 "It'll be fun!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 04:00:02 pm
"This could certainly be useful practice."

Co-ordinate, and attempt to make him put the barrel of his gun in his mouth. Force him to hold it there for a while, to see if he can resist.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 04:05:27 pm
The man seems panicked as you both focus your powers on him. He struggles to resist you, but slowly he puts the gun up against his face...

"He's scared for his life. But he'll be more useful when he's part of us," says 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 04:11:49 pm
"We should cut him in half. That way we can both absorb him."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 04:12:44 pm
"Okay!" says 018, extending several tentacle blades. "Ready?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 04:18:00 pm
Extend my own blades.

"Ready!"

Cut him from the pelvis up, as 018 cuts from the head down.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 04:22:35 pm
Your blades meet in the middle, and you delight in the meal that results afterwards. You regain some much-needed mass, and 018 gains some much-needed nourishment for its continued development.

"So, if we go deeper into the labs, we should find a terminal or somebody who knows how we were created," says 018. "But down there we might find hostile clones..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 06:59:21 pm
"We're easily more powerful than any clones they've developed, and there are two of us now. They may still be a threat, but finding out about ourselves is more important."

Cloak again, and move deeper into the labs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 07:04:20 pm
You both cloak, moving up to a staircase at the end of the hall. You look down, noticing that the staircase is built around some sort of glass elevator, also noticing there are several squads on their way up the stairs!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 07:13:32 pm
Turn into a small lizard, and invisibly climb down the elevator shaft.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 07:16:40 pm
You turn into a small lizard, but suddenly an explosion engulfs the elevator shaft! The glass shatters, and you're sent tumbling to the ground! It hurts!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 07:25:13 pm
Make sure 018 is okay, and try to move quickly, finding somewhere to hide while I recover.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 07:26:37 pm
018 appears to still be on the staircase! It combats the teams coming up!

You realize that you've been dropped in the middle of a group of clones! They all morph into various shapes and forms, but they don't know that you're superior to them...YOU ARE MORE PERFECT!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 08:06:14 pm
Turn into a metal-coated, feathered gorilla, with the head of a raven, the claws of a raptor, and the feet of a lioness. Leave out all unnecessary mass from my body, becoming sleek, and agile. Extend my eyed tentacles, and emit a piercing screech. Blast a stream of fiery death at one side, and a freezing gust of wind at the other. If anything proves resistant, stun it with electricity. Rain lasers down on all of them, laughing with every voice I own.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 08:14:41 pm
You create a maelstrom, bathing everything around you in your magnificent power! Your inferior brethren struggle to survive as you blast them with fire and ice! Your many eyes fire upon them, blasting them apart! You laugh, your voice consisting of the legion that you have become! YOU ARE THE PERFECT ONE, NOT THEM!

When you stop, the place has become quite a mess...you're quite tired, too. The few clones that survived just need to be mopped up, then you'll be done with any more security.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 08:20:02 pm
Focus my lasers at the survivors until they're sufficiently blown apart to ensure they don't reform soon, and get my strength back by consuming whatever's left of the clones.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 08:21:30 pm
You eat the five clones. They've got nothing new, and anything they do have is scarce.

"Did you save some for me?" asks 018, coming down the staircase.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 08:35:42 pm
"I didn't preserve them well. Their scattered remnants had nothing we could make use of. Did you consume the soldiers, or should we move back to do so?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 08:40:45 pm
"I didn't have enough time to do that...I'm not as good at eating people as you."

You look down the hallway, seeing a pair of red double doors. You suppose those will lead to some answers.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 08:56:43 pm
"You have plenty of time to learn. We'll consume them if we have time on the way out. My acquired knowlege of human media suggests that red double doors mean the final obstacle. I'll go first, as if they predicted I'd use the elevator, they'd predict us to come here."

Melt, and slide under the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 09:01:44 pm
You go underneath...

Wait, it seems they weren't expecting you to get past the clone force. This place is full of file cabinets and computers! With sensitive information!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 09:06:13 pm
Reform as a metal Justin, and attempt to log into one of the computers.

"I think it's safe, 018."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 09:08:59 pm
018 slips in as well, looking around. "Are these the files? We should find the ones on us..."

018 begins looking through the cabinets.

You try to log in, but it asks for an account number. You're afraid that you don't have one that would allow you to access anything good, just a few of the lower-end top-secret project managers that you ate to get access to these labs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 09:23:32 pm
"We can't access the computers."

Help 018 look through the filing cabinets.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 09:26:57 pm
You look through the filing cabinets, nothing particularly eye-catching aside from a folder marked TOWER...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 09:41:15 pm
Mentally lift it out, and start reading through it with my tentacles.

"I found it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 09:45:33 pm
There's too much text here to read in a reasonable amount of time. You think you might want to secure a safe route out before you start reading this.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 09:56:45 pm
Make sure it's free of tracking devices or anything else unpleasant, and store it inside my body.

"It will be secure as long as I'm not exposed to too much fire."

Look through my memories, thinking about any part of the structure of the building that could let us leave during a lockdown.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 09:58:27 pm
You suppose that you could access the priority security office, located in this part of the labs. That's the easiest way to end the lockdown, but whatever didn't show up here is probably going to be over there. On top of that, you're not exactly feeling in peak condition.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 10:14:07 pm
Think about how strong the walls and ceilings seperating the labs from the rest of the base are.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 10:21:58 pm
They're extremely thick. You believe there's at least six feet of concrete and steel separating you from the rest of the base.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 10:27:27 pm
"Our best bet is to slip into the priority security office, lift the lockdown, destroy the console, and escape."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 10:31:45 pm
"Alright!" says 018. "I actually know where that is! Let's go!" 018 hurries off back down the hallway.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 10:38:12 pm
Turn into Steve, and cloak, following him, read his mind to do so if he turns invisible.

"Remember to turn invisible and keep your blood cold."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 10:44:42 pm
"Yes...I learned from you."

You both sneak through the halls, invisibly. There are a bunch of security teams swarming around, but you avoid them. The main security station is in sight...it seems to require a keycard to enter, though.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 06:48:59 pm
Melt, and attempt to slide under the door, or between the door and the wall.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 06:52:58 pm
This door's airtight, you can't get in without a card!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 06:57:51 pm
Turn into Steve again, and press my hands against it, trying to determine whether I could break it down.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 07:06:24 pm
It's made of titanium, you can't break through it, you think. It shouldn't be too hard to find a commanding officer with clearance, you'd just have to swipe it off his dead body.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 07:09:37 pm
Stalk through the corridors, looking for a commander.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 07:13:17 pm
You come upon a team, armed with what appear to be cattle prods and riot shields...

"Alright team, as soon as you see ANYTHING, DON'T HESITATE TO WHACK THE SHIT OUT OF IT," says one guy wearing important-looking armor.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 07:29:49 pm
Position myself several metres at one side of the group, thinking that 018 should position himself at the other side. Co-ordinate with 018 to mind control one of the soldiers, and force him to use his cattle prod on the important-looking person. When they're busy attacking him, start firing lasers at them from both sides.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 07:33:35 pm
The man puts up some resistance.

"Soldier, are you alright?" asks the commanding officer as he grunts and holds his head...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 07:38:50 pm
Try to make him mutter quietly.

"This... form hurts... Need to consume them..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 07:50:02 pm
They all promptly begin whacking him with their cattle prods! The perfect distraction...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 07:52:00 pm
Emit a sonic blast, and start firing lasers at them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 07:57:55 pm
They don't seem to be in any condition to fight after receiving sonic blasts, even less so after the lasers. There's delicious nutrition here...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 08:03:04 pm
Share the bodies with 018, and look for the keycard.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 08:16:21 pm
You sort through a lot of equipment before finding several keycards, none of them looking very indicative of what doors they're for.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 08:17:58 pm
Take them all, and return to the door. Use my new memories to determine which is the right one, and open the door while cloaked.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 08:28:42 pm
The commander was never sure which one of these was which. You try all of them, the fourth one opening the door.

TURRETS HURT YOU...SO MANY!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 08:40:18 pm
Take cover, and patch myself up. Cool my blood again, and look into the room with a tentacle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 08:43:53 pm
You look about, seeing at least four mounted turrets before your eye gets shot up. This place is secure...and weird. They must be remotely operated...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 08:48:29 pm
Extend another eye around the corner. Form a small barrier in front of it, leaving a small hole where the pupil is. Take several shots at a turret, determining how durable they are.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 08:53:44 pm
You succeed in leaving a few scorch marks.

"We've got company," says 018. "More food!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 08:56:18 pm
Quickly look over, and see who's showing up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 09:02:27 pm
Several more teams, except they're well-covered, and with flamethrowers...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 09:31:39 pm
As they approach, do what Justin did with the last flamethrower, and cause one of them to set fire to everyone around it. Think that 018 should do the same to another.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 09:34:06 pm
As they begin to close in, you wrest the flamethrower's aim from the man's grip! He ends up spraying fire all over the place! However, the personnel are shielded from the fire by their suits! It seems that these soldiers are determined to stop you...but you're more perfect than any petty human...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 09:46:06 pm
Start running away, then cloak, and cool myself, turning into a small lizard. Climb onto the ceiling, then enter the security office by climbing under the doorway. Enter just as the soldiers run past, just in case the turrets do fire.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 09:52:01 pm
The turrets fire, causing the soldiers to get shot up! You make it past without getting hit, seeing another door into the main control room...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 10:07:08 pm
Quickly determine whether I can slip under the door, or whether I need to use a keycard.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 10:09:50 pm
This door's less secure. You guess they aren't counting on ill-intentioned people getting this far into the base...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 10:31:48 pm
Quickly melt, and slide under the door, reforming and looking around.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 10:38:31 pm
You walk in on a surprised man looking at a console. "UH, STAY BACK! YOU'RE...YOU'RE A BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT ORGANISM, SUBJECT TOWER!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 10:41:43 pm
Read his mind, and see what he really thinks.

"Who are you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 10:48:01 pm
He's quite scared for his life right now.

"Me? I just...run this security station! I'm nobody important!"

You believe he was just controlling the turrets.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 10:53:38 pm
"Turn off the lockdown."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 10:57:02 pm
"Okay...just stay calm..." The man turns back to the console, and inputs a few commands before the alarms stop.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 11:19:17 pm
"How long will it take before somebody else enables it again from outside?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 11:22:24 pm
"This is the main security station, this is the only place where the lockdown can be initiated," says the man.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2012, 08:45:49 am
"That's stupid, but I suppose they didn't expect they'd be dealing with me when they were building it. Thank you for your help."

Cut the helpful man's head off, and see if 018 followed me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2012, 12:23:59 pm
The man never saw it coming.

018 has come in behind you, "So, all we need to do is get out of here."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2012, 12:46:40 pm
"Correct."

Share the body with him, and spit acid on the keyboard until it's unusable.

"Let's go."

Cloak, and cool myself, leaving the room and looking for the exit.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2012, 01:06:53 pm
I wonder when you'd use the acid, says Steve.

You leave, heading back up the stairs. The rest of the base is in no condition to fight you, the scientists and most other personnel having taken the opportunity to run out the door now that it's unlocked. You like the fact that no more bullets are being fired at you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2012, 09:04:10 pm
Whisper to 018.

"Should we find and consume Clarke while the base is weakened? He may know something useful, and it makes me angry that he came closer to killing us than anyone else."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2012, 09:08:20 pm
"He's probably found some way to escape while we were busy," says 018. "If we find another PowellCorp base, we might be able to track him down afterwards."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2012, 09:28:48 pm
"He knew he had to flee from perfect organisms like ourselves..."

Return to the apartment, and have an idea for a 'joke,' whispering to 018.

"Turn into Justin."

Turn into Justin as well, and walk inside with 018, seeing how long it takes Belle to notice that there are two of us.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2012, 09:32:14 pm
You and Justin enter the room, both standing over Belle on the bed, watching television. She turns to you, seeming confused for several moments, then surprised. "Are...Justin? Are you...ALIVE!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2012, 09:53:53 pm
Wonder what human emotion I feel right now.

"...Oh... No, I'm sorry... I was trying to do one of those joke things... Because there are two of us... And there aren't normally two of us... And I think humans find that sort of thing amusing... I didn't think you'd reach that conclusion... This is Subject Tower 018. He was recently created in the labs and had no form yet, so I gave him some of my matter and he became me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2012, 09:57:51 pm
"I am pleased to make your acquaintance, however," says 018, as Belle seems crestfallen.

"It's...okay. I guess it's always handy to have another shapeshifter around...so, he's a complete copy of you, then?"

"Not necessarily," says 018. "Because 'copy' would imply that I am in every way Subject Tower 001. However, I am Subject Tower 018 with the mind template of Subject Tower 001. I was myself before I consumed Subject Tower 001's matter, and I believe myself to be separate from it in some ways. In fact, our identities would have differed soon after Subject Tower 001 copied itself over to me, due to identity being shaped by experience."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2012, 10:05:39 pm
"Yes. We did different things and had different viewpoints in the labs, so we are no longer identical entities, although we have very few differences in genetic composition."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2012, 10:19:09 pm
"What shall we do now?" asks Subject Tower 018, melting and sliding onto the bed, reforming as Megan.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2012, 10:34:10 pm
Pull the folder out of my stomach.

"We should read what we... I entered for."

Set the folder down somewhere, and begin reading it with an eyed tentacle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2012, 10:40:42 pm
You set it down, reading...

You were an experiment stemming from data gathered from several past failures...they wanted to create an adaptable, Swiss-army knife mutant, capable of becoming whatever it needed to be. The perfect organism...but the van transporting you from the main labs in which you were created to the testing zone of Phoenix, Arizona, crashed. You survived, but you weren't under PowellCorp's control. In your absence, Subject Tower 002 was instead given the focus and treatment that you would have received if you had made it to the facility in Phoenix...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2012, 10:54:11 pm
"Subject Tower 002 is a poor imitation. We will improve him through consumption."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2012, 10:57:40 pm
"Now that I think about it, we don't taste as good as humans, or any animal for that matter. I learned that after eating you, then eating humans. Your arm meat tasted bland, and your regular form tasted sort of icky, but humans taste so nice..."

"...All this talk of consumption makes me nervous," says Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2012, 11:11:43 pm
"If I was at all tempted to consume you before I left, we have no reason to now. Before I found 018 I consumed a mutant with your abilities, so you're more useful to us in your own body."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2012, 11:17:55 pm
"...That's not completely reassuring. You say that as if I'm inferior..." says Belle. You suppose your disposition would be insulting to others, but you're quite clearly superior to her in every way! It's what you were designed to be!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2012, 11:23:33 pm
"..,I can see why you'd find that offensive, but you're one person, and we have the skills, knowledge, and abilities of many people. There's no logical way you couldn't be inferior. That doesn't mean we don't like you, though."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2012, 11:28:12 pm
"Yes, it's nice to have your company," says 018.

"...Well, can you two come up with anything fun to do, then? With all that knowledge?" asks Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2012, 09:10:22 pm
"We could find people to con- No, wait... We could always pass the time by creating new for- No, that won't work either... We could look through the memories of- NO!"

Think carefully for several moments.

"We still don't know how blooded organisms have fun."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2012, 09:13:58 pm
"Belle, how do humans have fun?" asks 018, turning to Belle.

"I swear we've had this conversation before, and it ended with you going out and eating somebody," says Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2012, 09:19:11 pm
"Most of our conversations end with me going out and eating somebody."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2012, 09:30:24 pm
"...So, are we going to skip to the part where you go out and eat somebody?" asks Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2012, 09:34:31 pm
"We have killed and consumed a large number of mutants and soldiers today. We are tired. Perhaps we could do something you want to do?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2012, 09:39:32 pm
Belle sits up and thinks. "...Why not go see a movie?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2012, 09:57:45 pm
"...I vaguely remember a large number of those... but the only one I remember in any detail involved an inferior version of us that could only consume and not replicate. I suppose that if you can find something that would interest us, we'll try it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2012, 10:01:44 pm
"Well, we'll have to go to the theater to see what they're showing," says Belle. "I've got enough money, so all you two have to worry about is looking decent."

018 stands up, changing Megan's clothing into a blue top with a white undershirt, and capri pants.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2012, 10:15:00 pm
"I think Megan was known to be us by somebody at some point. Use Anna."

Turn into John, and wear his ideal clothes, making them out of a very nice-feeling fabric.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2012, 10:18:29 pm
018's body easily fills out, growing the necessary hair to become Anna. You grow the clothes John would have most liked to wear in this situation.

Belle gets up. "Alright, let's head out." She opens the door and walks out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2012, 10:27:41 pm
Follow her out, holding hands with 018 to better imitate perfectly normal humans.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2012, 10:33:44 pm
Even though it is perfectly normal friendly human behavior, you both still find it weird. As you walk through the streets, you notice a lot of places that you might consider eating in, or shopping in. Interesting places. However, the presence of FrundTech in the area puts a dampener on the happy mood you might feel otherwise.

"...I love you, honey," says 018, after a while.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2012, 10:43:16 pm
"...I also love you in the usual human meaning of the term... umm... person."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2012, 10:48:25 pm
"We love each other in the normal human convention," says 018.

"Quiet, guys. The theater's right here." Belle steps up to a small theater, a booth in front.

Looking at the movies being shown, you notice that the next shows will give you a choice between watching "The Godfather," "First Blood," and "Die Hard."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2012, 11:02:36 pm
"First Blood sounds like it could be interesting. I've always wondered how the circulatory system came about through evolution. What were the earlier versions like?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2012, 11:08:51 pm
"It's about a Vietnam war veteran who gets pushed over the edge by small-town cops and kills them in a forest," says Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2012, 11:22:10 pm
Become disappointed.

"Oh... We'll probably be bored by anything centred around humans killing other humans."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2012, 11:23:50 pm
"Well, that puts us in a rough spot, since I'd say all of these films have killing in them," says Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2012, 11:36:05 pm
"Why do humans admire killing so much but consider it a horrible thing when it happens in reality?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2012, 11:38:33 pm
"Three tickets to Die Hard," says Belle.

She hands over the money, and the man in the booth hands you three tickets through a small slot. You wonder why he'd need to stand behind such a secure barrier. Do people regularly try to shoot him for the tickets?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 06:56:22 pm
"Why do you have this barrier? If somebody shot you for the tickets, wouldn't they be unable to watch the entire movie uninterrupted?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 06:59:16 pm
"Well, there are...other people working here," says the young man selling tickets. "The barrier's just here to prevent people from stealing tickets, or something, I guess." It seems that he doesn't really know.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 07:21:53 pm
"Wouldn't it be more efficient if your job was performed by a computer? Customers would be able to select the movie they wanted to see, and it could print tickets when they insert the correct amount of money. It would have the advantages of calculating change faster and with less chance of error, being harder to kill or to steal tickets from, and not needing to be paid. Why don't they do that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 07:24:46 pm
"...Yeah, thanks dude, you're holding up the line," says the boy, indicating several people behind you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 07:34:07 pm
"I'm... holding it up..? Oh, you must mean chronally and not spatially. I apologise. That was not appropriate social conduct. Please forgive me, ticket-person."

Cautiously walk into the building.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 07:36:43 pm
Belle gives the two of you a glance, before walking up to the concession stand. It has a smell of butter and popcorn about it. Apparently popcorn holds a strong connection with the movie theater in the human mind. You think you may even be salivating a little bit, despite it not being meat.

"Alright, anything you want to get from the concession stand?" asks Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 07:48:35 pm
"I would like to try popcorn."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 07:51:58 pm
"Yeah, I was going to get that anyway," says Belle. "But would you also like a drink? Candy? Anything?"

"Yes, get me some candy," says 018.

"...Alright, I'll just get you...whatever candy, then."

Belle steps up to the concession stand. "Hey, I'll take two large popcorns, some of those...and two large drinks, as well as a large slushie."

She soon receives her order, handing a bucket filled with popcorn over to you, and a package of candy over to 018. "The movie starts in 10 minutes. Let's go."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 07:58:57 pm
Follow her, trying some popcorn, and looking at the 'slushie.'

"...That looks... unpleasant..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 08:00:40 pm
"Well, you'd probably think so," says Belle. "But it's raspberry-flavored."

The popcorn is soft, yet crunchy. You like the taste of salt and butter on it, though...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 08:07:47 pm
While eating, change my taste buds to those of several different creatures, seeing if it tastes better to any other animal.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 08:22:53 pm
It's hard to tell, but you think you succeed in making it taste blander, if anything. The popcorn is most pleasing to human taste buds. At least, you think it is.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 08:53:55 pm
Try the taste buds of the young boy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 08:57:32 pm
You appreciate the flavor as a whole less, but it's satisfying.

You enter a dark theater, the screen showing advertisements before the movie. It seems there are several people currently inside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 09:06:51 pm
Change my taste buds back, and sit down.

"If you paid for a ticket, why do we have to watch advertisements?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 09:11:34 pm
"They play them before the movie starts," says Belle. "You really have way too many questions...can't you think for yourself, Tower?"

"But I REALLY want to know..." says 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 09:21:32 pm
"But if we reach conclusions on fact-based topics ourselves we don't know whether we're right or not."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 09:31:54 pm
"That's why you just have to use common sense."

The lights dim, and soon the movie begins playing. You find it to be filled with action, but your popcorn supply is running dangerously low...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 09:39:40 pm
Become thoroughly confused by minor inconsistencies in the plot, reading the minds of other people to see if they're as confused as I am.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 09:48:36 pm
They don't seem to be thinking as much about the plot as they do about the shooting. They're just interested in Bruce Willis's shooting skills and all of the action moves and other things. Why would they NOT be bothered by inconsistencies? It must be because their minds are just inferior to yours.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 09:59:27 pm
Continue watching. Become irritated at Bruce Willis for being wasteful every time he kills somebody and doesn't consume them, repeatedly having to remind myself that he's inferior.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 10:04:55 pm
You have to give credit to Bruce Willis for one thing, though; he's a good actor. You'd almost believe this situation was really happening to him if it weren't for the plot holes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 10:11:42 pm
Whisper to 018.

"We should consume Bruce Willis to imitate humans better."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 10:29:59 pm
"That might be difficult," it whispers back. "We don't even know where he is."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 10:38:28 pm
"We could find him... In fact, there are lots of famous people we should find..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 10:43:49 pm
"...Something tells me famous people wouldn't stick around in Phoenix," says 018. "I guess it's on the agenda after we consume everyone of use here."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 10:51:57 pm
"Maybe after we're finished here, we can use PowellCorp's technology to produce clones of ourselves, and use those clones to increase the rate at which we produce clones, until we have enough to consume the entire population of the earth and replace them with superior organisms..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 10:53:40 pm
"But if we had the clones all eat everybody, then how would we maintain our superiority?" asks 018.

"Guys, be quiet. It's getting to the good part," says Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 18, 2012, 08:26:59 pm
Focus on the movie again, trying my drink.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 18, 2012, 08:33:16 pm
You're still not thrilled. But Bruce Willis...YOU MUST ACQUIRE ACTING SKILLS.

The drink is carbonated, and mildly acidic. However, it tastes rather good.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 18, 2012, 08:37:29 pm
Keep watching the movie, paying very close attention to the subtle details of how he imitates displays of emotion.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 18, 2012, 08:41:47 pm
You try paying attention, but even as you try to imitate these displays of emotion, you feel that you just aren't doing it right...YOU MUST CONSUME AN ACTOR.

The movie soon ends, and everyone begins to stand up and walk out.

"I admired the acting," says 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 18, 2012, 08:51:39 pm
Leave at the same time.

"So did I. The movie itself was boring, but Bruce Willis was very interesting to observe. We should have an actor join us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 18, 2012, 08:56:21 pm
"Yes...become us..." 018 seems deep in thought.

"Guys, keep it quiet. Someone might hear you," says Belle.

You walk back outside, the sun beginning to set. It seems that there's still quite a lot you can do tonight.

"Want to grab some dinner?" asks Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 18, 2012, 09:00:34 pm
"We're still not well acquainted with human food. That could be pleasant."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 18, 2012, 09:05:56 pm
"Okay...we just have to find a nice place to eat."

You see places for Thai food, a sushi place, some place that serves Mexican cuisine, plenty of sports bars...but you don't know what your human stomach would like most right now. You guess the sushi place would have exotic things.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 18, 2012, 09:11:38 pm
"Karen took me to a sushi restaurant once. I ate crab and used it to decapitate her in the bathroom because I was scared she suspected I wasn't really Megan. Can we go to another?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 18, 2012, 09:15:11 pm
"Tower...what did I just say?" asks Belle. You notice that a few people near you are looking at you oddly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 18, 2012, 09:20:08 pm
"...Oh, I'm sorry, I'll stop talking about such violent computer games in public..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 18, 2012, 09:32:11 pm
"...That's better," says Belle. The other people lose interest.

"Yes, sushi would be great. We haven't had the opportunity to taste the many exotic Asian organisms they serve," says 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 18, 2012, 09:37:55 pm
"Do you think they'll serve puffer fish? I heard somewhere that it's thought to be the second most poisonous animal in the world."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 18, 2012, 09:44:23 pm
"Certainly," says 018. "And perhaps squid? We haven't had squid, I don't believe."

"Whoa, guys. Think about how much this might cost," says Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 18, 2012, 09:53:52 pm
"Perhaps we should go somewhere cheaper today, and go to the sushi restaurant with just the two of us on a different occasion."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 18, 2012, 09:57:40 pm
"Perhaps," says 018. "We could have some fun when the soldiers all come out to play tonight and tell everyone to get off the streets, maybe. As long as we avoid fire. Eating soldiers is fun as long as they don't use fire."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2012, 08:16:35 pm
"Remember what Belle just said, Eigh- Anna. I mean, Eighanna."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2012, 08:17:54 pm
"I will...Justower," says 018 back to you.

"Are we going to go eat or what?" asks Belle, heading for the intersection.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2012, 08:32:21 pm
"As I said, we're unfamiliar with food, and it's your currency being used. You should decide."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2012, 08:37:03 pm
"Well, come on, then."

You cross the street, Belle heading for a sports bar. You enter, noticing the variety of sports memorabilia hanging on the walls, as well as the many televisions playing sports about the place. It also has a few arcade machines.

"Hey, welcome. Table for three?" asks a waitress, coming up to you.

"Yeah, thanks," says Belle. You all follow the waitress, and she leads you to a booth, allowing you to sit down before handing out menus.

"Is there anything I can get to start you off with?" asks the waitress.

"I'll have some vodka, with a little bit of tonic," says Belle.

The waitress nods, writing down on her notepad before looking at you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2012, 08:44:04 pm
"I'll try this 'Vodka' thing, too."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2012, 08:45:51 pm
"Perhaps I shall have a glass of plain water?" asks 018.

"Certainly," says the waitress. "I'll be back soon," she says as she walks off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2012, 08:57:46 pm
Talk quietly.

"Why drink plain water when we don't need to drink anything, 018?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2012, 09:13:56 pm
"...We don't not drink anything, 001. We simply absorb nutrients. However, it allows us to appear more normal. I remembered what made Bruce Willis's acting so good, and then I thought that it was because he would do human things like these."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2012, 09:24:16 pm
Tilt my head a little.

"But why water when you could be trying something new?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2012, 09:28:41 pm
"...I thought beer tasted bad."

The waitress returns with your drinks. "Alright, I'll give you some time to decide on your order." She walks off.

"...I'm thinking of just having a hamburger," says Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2012, 09:34:11 pm
"But this isn't beer. I'm sure it'll be much nicer."

Down the vodka, and read the menu.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2012, 09:43:47 pm
The taste is highly unpleasant, even more so than the beer you had earlier! There's something about this alcohol...but what is it?

The menu has various "American" food items, such as different kinds of burgers, sandwiches, pizzas, and wings. Different salads are also presented to you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2012, 09:56:45 pm
"I should try pizza. It's popular among my... friends."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2012, 10:00:14 pm
"Go ahead," says Belle, still looking through the menu.

"We shall split it," says 018. "But what should we have on it?"

You notice that one of the possible toppings is "anchovies." You haven't absorbed one of those before.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2012, 10:13:39 pm
"We haven't had anchovies before. I think they're an animal. We should have those on it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2012, 10:14:53 pm
"Yes, and we should have sausage and pepperoni as well. Those are made from animals, but I'm not sure which ones," says 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2012, 10:24:00 pm
"I think it's from one of those pork-things... but I'm probably completely wrong... But yes, we should get those. Let's try pineapple, as well, and leave it there. We wouldn't want them to think our order is strange, after all."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2012, 10:26:02 pm
The waitress returns.

"I'll have a San Diego burger, cooked medium," says Belle.

"And you?" asks the waitress, looking at you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 20, 2012, 09:34:25 pm
I will share a large pizza with my mate- wife- girlfr- with this female person. We would like the toppings of salami, anchovies, pineapple, and sausage."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 20, 2012, 09:36:43 pm
She gives you an odd look, but experience tells you that she doesn't suspect anything and won't dwell on the subject. "Sounds adventurous," she says. "Alright, then. I'll be back soon with your orders. Sir, would you like a refill on your drink?" she asks, having noticed your empty glass.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 20, 2012, 09:50:29 pm
"Could I try some orange juice?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 20, 2012, 09:53:16 pm
"Yes, certainly," says the waitress, taking your empty cup, and walking off.

"How many other mutants do you suppose are in this restaurant right now?" asks 018. Looking around, it seems like a busy place.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 20, 2012, 11:27:46 pm
"You've given me an idea..."

Go through the minds of everyone else in the restaurant, seeing if any of them are mutants.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 20, 2012, 11:31:12 pm
You weed into the minds of several people, finding that the plunging of their thoughts is quite debilitating upon your mental faculties...you feel tired after learning about several of these people. Clearly this isn't a method that would be efficient.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 21, 2012, 08:47:25 pm
"We are not suited for mass mind reading yet."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 21, 2012, 08:50:31 pm
"We must find more mind readers," says 018. "But...they would fear us if we approached them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 21, 2012, 09:01:58 pm
"We will find more of every kind in due time..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 21, 2012, 09:04:26 pm
"...Perhaps if we ate an important person, and made them hand mutants over to us?" asks 018.

The waitress returns with your glass of orange juice. "Your orders will be ready soon!" She walks off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 21, 2012, 09:20:10 pm
"Perhaps Frundtech... They won't expect us to attack them rather than PowellCorp..."

Down it, hoping it tastes better than my last drink.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 21, 2012, 09:24:32 pm
You prefer it, even though it still tastes acidic. It's enjoyable, at least.

"...Perhaps if we were to consume babies...and then become the babies...then we would have the human parents take care of us, and then we would...no, wait, that would offer little tactical advantage. Perhaps if we were to find a pet shop? The animals shouldn't be suspicious to humans."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 21, 2012, 09:35:40 pm
"We have a cat. I think cats are worshipped by humans in some way. Perhaps we could use it..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 21, 2012, 09:38:52 pm
"But the only question is where..."

The waitress returns with your orders! She sets down the burger, and the pizza you ordered. "Enjoy your meal!" she says before walking off to do more waiter things.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 21, 2012, 09:44:30 pm
Look around, wondering if I can get away with cutting it with a blade of my own, but deciding just to use the utensils provided.
Attempt to share and eat the pizza in normal human fashion.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 21, 2012, 09:46:02 pm
Both you and 018 take slices. You both begin eating the pizza. It tastes weird...you don't think the anchovies complement the pineapple very well, but at least you can turn into an anchovy now that you've consumed one.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 21, 2012, 10:01:03 pm
"Hopefully these will be more ferocious than the other animals humans use for food."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 21, 2012, 10:03:48 pm
"But they seem to be quite tiny," says 018, examining one of the small fishes.

"Do you two have to talk about EVERYTHING? Jeez, I'm trying to enjoy a burger!" Belle eats her well-cooked hamburger. The cattle might actually have more useful traits than the anchovy, actually...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 21, 2012, 10:22:04 pm
Inadvertently ignore Belle, surprised by this discovery.

"I thought these were all parts of a much larger creature."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 21, 2012, 10:23:02 pm
"I would like to gain access to a shark..." says 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 21, 2012, 10:34:25 pm
"We could turn into sharks with lungs, and use telekinesis to propel ourselves... Belle, does anyone eat shark?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 21, 2012, 10:37:15 pm
"Well, I GUESS maybe some sushi joints...but that's all I can think of. Otherwise, we could travel to the coast ourselves...but I guess that would be too much trouble."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 22, 2012, 04:59:29 pm
"We will visit a sushi restaurant later. It will be fairly easy since restaurants don't usually have people with flamethrowers working for them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 22, 2012, 05:08:02 pm
"Human sayings indicate that kitchen can be hot places," says 018. "Like how you should get out of them if you can't take the heat. Or how if you escape a frying pan you end up in the fire."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 22, 2012, 08:49:09 pm
"Do humans usually use frying pans with fires?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 22, 2012, 08:53:14 pm
"We should consume a chef, then we'd know for sure," says 018.

"Is everything good?" asks the waitress, returning. "And would you like a refill on your drinks?" She seems to have noticed your empty orange juice glass, as well as Belle's empty glass.

"One more, thank you," says Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 22, 2012, 09:01:30 pm
"Are there any drinks that aren't acidic, alcoholic, or plain water?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 22, 2012, 09:04:15 pm
"Um...I'm not sure what you mean?" The waitress seems confused. "We've got soda, I guess. Would you like something like that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2012, 09:52:27 pm
"I suppose. Could I have it slightly warmed?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2012, 09:56:50 pm
"Um, slightly warmed? Well, we could serve it without ice," says the waitress.

"I shall also have a soda without ice," says 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2012, 10:13:48 pm
"Ice is a terrible, terrible thing. That would be preferable."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2012, 10:15:44 pm
"...Okay, I'll be right back." The waitress walks off.

"She's starting to suspect something...but she could never guess the truth," says 018. "What shall we do later tonight?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2012, 10:28:48 pm
"We should visit the sushi restaurant, and order everything on the menu."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2012, 10:32:08 pm
"I don't think they'll be open," says Belle. "Everything closes generally earlier now, thanks to the curfew regulations. We've got about two hours until they clear the streets."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2012, 10:45:07 pm
"We should stay out for another half-hour, then escort you back to the motel and investigate the sushi restaurant."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2012, 10:49:48 pm
"What makes you so sure that this sushi restaurant offers all those exotic things?" asks Belle.

"True, the sushi restaurant would probably have to cut back on their menu due to the quarantine," says 018. "It must be hard to get exotic things when everything has to be screened by security."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2012, 10:54:27 pm
"I will take that to mean we should be doing something else instead. What do you think we should do?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2012, 10:56:41 pm
"Find more mutants to grow our group," says 018. "That or we absorb soldiers and gather intel."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2012, 11:04:08 pm
"Mutants would be more fun. Where should we look?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2012, 11:09:26 pm
"Around, perhaps," says 018.

"There are two places where I would think to look," says Belle, "run-down buildings and indoors. Well, you don't find too many mutants wandering about, except for us...but I guess those would be two good places."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2012, 11:21:18 pm
"In what areas are run-down buildings most frequent?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2012, 11:27:32 pm
"I don't know," says Belle.

"Perhaps around the last run-down building we stayed in?" asks 018. "It seems that the area was notable for its run-down appearance."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 09:11:23 pm
"We should start looking after the curfew begins. We might find other mutants attacking them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 09:16:16 pm
"I doubt that," says Belle, "but how exactly are we going to do that? If the soldiers see us out on the streets after curfew, they're either going to have a few questions, or they're going to shoot us on the spot."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 09:22:56 pm
Begin to understand what an 'awkward situation' is.

"...I meant 018 and I. We can turn invisible..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 09:24:50 pm
"...Oh, so I can't join in on the fun?" asks Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 09:31:10 pm
Attempt to phrase this as kindly as possible.

"You could... but you'd be shot on sight like you said... You are not useless to us, Belle. We value you greatly, but this particular task requires abilities which a basic organism like yourself could never hope to achieve."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 09:36:27 pm
"But I can turn to metal!" says Belle. You notice the waitress behind her looking at her suspiciously as she walks up with your drinks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 09:42:26 pm
"But that requires you put three whole skill points into your endurance trait. It really isn't worth the investment, especially when you have much better options from level seventeen onwards."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 09:46:13 pm
Belle looks confused, but the waitress walking up behind her allows her to realize what you just did. The waitress seems to have lost interest.

"Are you enjoying your meals?" she asks. "Anyone thinking of dessert?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 09:51:16 pm
"I wasn't thinking about it at all before you mentioned it, but now that you've brought it to my attention I am. Why?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 09:52:10 pm
"Alright, then! Would you like a dessert menu, or do you know what you're going to order?" asks the waitress.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 09:59:40 pm
"I would like a warm dessert with... chocolate. Yes, chocolate. I haven't eaten chocolate before. They use that in desserts, don't they?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 10:03:51 pm
"...Yes, they do that all the time," says the waitress. "We could give you a chocolate lava fudge cake. Would you like that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 10:11:03 pm
"That sounds far too hot. What else do you have?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 10:15:41 pm
"Oh, really? Well, if that's not to your liking then we could serve you up some ice cream," says the waitress.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 10:25:35 pm
"Do you have anything that isn't lava or ice? It's as if you're trying to kill me..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 10:28:09 pm
She looks at you with suspicion again, before speaking. "Perhaps cheesecake with chocolate syrup?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 10:46:04 pm
"I don't think cheese would go well with cake, but I shall try it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 10:52:12 pm
"Alright...sir," says the waitress, moving off.

"I enjoyed this meal, even though it wasn't live meat," says 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 11:05:03 pm
"It was pleasant. As I was saying, Belle, we can turn into metal, too. It's very useful during combat, but it makes it much harder to avoid combat in the first place, especially when you only have one ability."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 11:08:04 pm
"My one ability has carried me this far," says Belle. "Why don't you trust it to carry me past a few more simple battles?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 11:19:14 pm
"Because the soldiers will see you and we'll have to fight a large number at once instead of sneaking up on them when they're unprepared and in smaller groups. Attacking soldiers when many more are in the area is not a simple battle like the ones your powers have got you through."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 11:25:50 pm
"Well, we'll just have to be careful, then, won't we?"

"You don't understand, you'll slow us down!" says 018. "You are not versatile like we are!"

Belle seems upset.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 11:34:23 pm
"We do not consider you useless, but you are only useful in situations where stealth is not required. We were designed specifically to be able to adapt to any situation, it even says so in the files we retrieved. You couldn't possibly expect that natural selection and random mutation could make you as versatile as one who was designed specifically for that purpose, could you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 11:37:57 pm
"I just wanna see what happens!"

The waitress returns, handing you the cheesecake on a plate. It looks delicious, the cake part being a white, creamy substance, and the chocolate being a sauce on top of it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 11:33:55 am
"This looks more pleasant than I expected..."

Begin eating.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 11:53:20 am
The cream is slightly cool, but it tastes delicious! And fattening, it definitely tastes fattening. You would get so fat eating this if you were a normal human.

"...Something's happening," says 018, looking towards the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 12:59:01 pm
Stop eating, and turn to the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 01:48:31 pm
The whole restaurant is suddenly quiet as several FrundTech soldiers enter, armed.

"Will the occupants seated at table 23 please stand up?" asks the lead soldier.

"That's our table," whispers Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 04:56:40 pm
Use my mind control on somebody from a table at the other end of the room, forcing them to stand up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 05:07:05 pm
You forcibly make a man stand on his feet, causing a soldier to move over, gun raised. However, he's quick to make the realization.

"Sir, please sit down, we want the people at table 23."

"I'm sorry...I don't know what came over me," says the man, sitting down.

They start moving towards your end of the restaurant.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 05:15:00 pm
Stand up, secretly forming a barrier around myself.

"Is there a problem? I'm quite enjoying this cake at the moment."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 05:16:57 pm
You see the faint shimmer of your light barrier in front of you, but you don't think they notice.

"Sir, we're taking you and your friends in for some questioning. We've received a report of odd behavior from a few occupants in this restaurant, and for the safety of this city, it is necessary to remove you from this environment."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 05:34:52 pm
"Who would report us simply for behaving oddly? That's a very unpleasant thing for somebody to do, especially when we were simply enjoying ourselves quietly. Can I finish my cake, first? It's delicious, and I would be very upset were I unable to finish it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 05:36:02 pm
"Just come down with us, and you can finish your cake later," says the soldier, stepping forward to grab you before hitting your wall. "What the?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 05:47:24 pm
"I would like all witnesses to pay attention to the fact that I am giving you the opportunity to leave peacefully. Human standards would consider that polite, wouldn't they?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 05:49:08 pm
The restaurant is dead silent, and the soldiers don't seem amused.

"HANDS UP, MUTANT. THAT GOES FOR YOU TWO, AS WELL." The soldiers raise their rifles.

You see Belle looking at you for direction, as well as 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 05:58:04 pm
"It appears that my perfectly reasonable, peaceful request was rudely declined. That is unfortunate."

Put my hands up, and keep them there, as requested. Turn into metal, and stab the soldier in front of me through the chest with two blades, using my other four tentacles to fire lasers at the others.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 06:03:19 pm
"WE'VE GOT RESISTANCE! UNIDENTIFIED MUTANT AT OUR LOCATION, SEND BACKUP!" The other three soldiers begin firing at you, backing up as Belle turns to metal and tackles one of them, 018 zooming over and spreading itself over another. You kill the soldier in front of you, but the two other soldiers take cover behind a divider wall as your lasers hit several bystanders!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 06:10:40 pm
"I would advise that all humans hide under their tables should they not wish to be caught in this unnecessary violence."

Use telekinesis to pull the wall down, and fire at them with all six tentacles as they're exposed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 06:14:05 pm
The wall's too sturdy. You notice that the soldier that 018 is dealing with manages to get up, but seems to scream as he begins bleeding out of wounds that are suddenly inflicted upon him! 018 slips inside, the goo covering the inside of his helmet!

Your barrier is shattered by a barrage of bullets. You hear loud sirens outside, as well!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 06:23:13 pm
Turn into Steve, and disappear. Quickly approach the two hiding behind the wall, and slash them to pieces.

Turn into Justin, and look at the others.

"We'll leave out the back. I'm disappointed that somebody sought to ruin our time spent enjoying human culture. I would appreciate it if someone in the vicinity complimented the chef's skills for me later."

Grab the plate with my cake on it, and start eating, heading for back end of the building, planning to knock down a wall if a back door doesn't exist.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 06:25:47 pm
You enjoy the rest of your cake in an efficient manner, but your path takes you through the kitchen, past the frightened restaurant staff. They all sit on the ground, cowering as you approach.

"PLEASE! DON'T KILL US!" shouts a chef.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 06:36:54 pm
"I was not here to kill anyone, but those soldiers refused to be reasonable. I've never eaten cake before, but I thoroughly enjoyed yours. Who would have thought that cheese would go well on a dessert? I do not have time to consume you, so please direct us towards the back entrance."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 06:38:29 pm
The chef just points towards the logical path towards the back exit. You quickly leave, entering an alley, but you find that either side is blocked off by military vehicles!

"OPEN FIRE!" shouts a soldier, as both lines begin firing stinging bullets upon you! There are five soldiers on either side!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 06:52:41 pm
Back up, and take cover.

"They do not yet know who we are or what we're capable of, so we can take them by surprise. Turn into Steve and take the right side. I'll take the left."

Shove the rest of the cake into my mouth, and drop the plate. Turn into a small lizard, and turn invisible. Crawl across the wall towards the soldiers on the left, and hide under the vehicle. Use both my minds and tentacles to grab all five of them at once by their feet, and pull them towards me, scorching them all with a jet of fire.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 06:58:03 pm
You take one of the vehicles, going under and ambushing the five soldiers, but Belle takes a direct approach to the other, engaging with the other five! Your fire scorches the soldiers, but it doesn't seem to inflict lasting damage on their combat armor!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 07:00:43 pm
Turn my tentacles into blades again, and start stabbing them all repeatedly while they're down.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 07:13:38 pm
The armor is surprisingly hard to pierce, but you're suddenly without cover as the vehicle that you've been hiding under moves! You begin taking fire again, as it slowly eats away at your biomass!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 07:22:24 pm
Emit a sonic blast, turning into a raven-gorilla with scythes for hands, and using my eight blades to tear through them as they're stunned.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 07:42:16 pm
You slash through the five soldiers, seeing the others take care of the other five. However, you are engulfed in pain as you are hit by a projectile fired from behind you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 07:46:14 pm
Instinctively cool down the affected area, and turn around, attempting to form a barrier and turn into metal.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 07:50:22 pm
They blew quite a lot of biomass off of you with that, but you treat the afflicted area quickly. You form a shield, spotting the vehicle that just moved across from you. It quickly fires another rocket, hitting your barrier with a powerful impact, shattering it easily, and heating up your metal exterior!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 07:56:32 pm
Turn into a raven, and quickly fly over to it. Drop down, and melt, slipping into it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 08:00:36 pm
You enter the vehicle, the only occupant its driver. He doesn't notice you enter, and he isn't armored, either...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 08:08:18 pm
Reform as a metal Justin behind him, talking with every voice at once.

"That was unpleasant."

Cut his head off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 08:09:49 pm
You don't get to see his reaction, but at least you've dealt with one problem.

The other problem is them knowing about you. The more they fight you, the more they'll learn!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 08:19:05 pm
Consume him, and attempt to operate the vehicle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 08:24:31 pm
You eat his head, and the rest of his body. You now recognize all the controls, and are ready to operate the vehicle. But what do you do with it?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 08:29:41 pm
Drive the vehicle towards the nearest FrundTech base.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 08:34:01 pm
You begin driving, leaving the others behind, as more reinforcements arrive to deal with the mutant threat.

Your vehicle drives into the base. You stop in one of the designated parking spots, soldiers active about the place.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 08:39:26 pm
Aim the cannon, and take several shots, focusing on anything that can do damage to the vehicle first, then on the building itself.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 08:46:04 pm
You've only got three rockets loaded, so you fire those off at the soldiers in the area, but it doesn't take out many! Soldiers begin rushing your vehicle, firing at it!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 08:53:27 pm
Open the hatch, and turn into Steve. Cloak, and quickly climb out, running back to the alley, and looking for the other two.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 08:56:53 pm
You get out relatively easily, but there are quite a few soldiers in your way as you approach the fight zone. There are at least 10 vehicles in the area, and a bunch of soldiers on foot engaging in the firefight! You can't see your friends, but you can't imagine that they're doing terribly well!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 09:02:55 pm
Quickly figure out where the soldiers are firing at, and look for Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 09:05:37 pm
They're gathered around the alley, you don't think they've moved. You note how there are soldiers positioned on the rooftops as well as on either side of the alley. Soldiers must also be stationed inside of the restaurant by this point! You think you see Belle, but amidst the hail of bulletfire it's hard to recognize her in the midst of the shower of sparks she's emitting.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 09:18:56 pm
Turn into Justin with raven wings behind her, and form a barrier around us. Grab her, and fly into the air, using telekinesis to assist our flight. Try to land in an alley a couple of blocks away.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 09:22:54 pm
You get her out of there, with some surprise on her part. However, you have no idea where 018 is.

"These guys don't fuck around!" says Belle, as you set her down.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 09:30:56 pm
"This is why subtlety is important. It couldn't have been helped this time as they attacked us first, however. We'll have to return to the motel as quickly as possible and hope 018 can find his own way back. Where did he go?""
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 09:33:05 pm
"I'm not sure, I was only looking out for myself in all that gunfire," says Belle. "But how are we going to get out of this mess? There are still tons of soldiers in the streets, and after this I don't think they'll hesitate to shoot on sight!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 10:01:34 pm
"You could just change your... I am out of ideas."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 10:03:20 pm
"...Okay, what if we just ducked into a nearby building? You can help us break into a building, right?" she asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 10:12:00 pm
"Yes, but won't they search the nearby buildings?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 10:13:42 pm
"They might, but we'd have a better chance against them when they're searching for us opposed to when they're on full alert like this!" says Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 10:23:17 pm
"Should I leave you there and look for 018?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 10:25:35 pm
"018 handled himself pretty well, I think he'll find his way out, but I can't guarantee he'll be able to find us in hiding," says Belle.

You hear soldiers coming down the block, along with their vehicles.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 10:35:11 pm
Find the nearest entrance to a building, and retract my wings, entering it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 10:42:45 pm
You run down the block, Belle behind you, finding an apartment building quite near. You open the door, entering the apartment hallway.

"Well, this is great, but I think we can't duck in anywhere without disturbing someone."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 10:46:48 pm
Move upstairs, and look around each floor for some kind of storage room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 10:53:17 pm
You search the first floor, but you only see what appear to be living areas!

"Perhaps if we looked closer to the roof?" asks Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 10:57:32 pm
"If I can lock you in a janitor's closet you're unlikely to be found. before curfew ends."

Continue searching.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 11:05:50 pm
You keep searching, eventually finding a viable closet on the third floor! It's quite spacious, you think. Twelve square feet is more than enough for two people to reside in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 11:08:55 pm
Melt, and enter the keyhole, trying to unlock the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 11:14:40 pm
You unlock the door, in order for Belle to get her solid, bulky form into the closet. You both enter, and hide amongst the brooms and vacuums.

"Are we waiting here until morning?" asks Belle. "I don't think I'm up for sitting like this for that long."

You rather like being alone in the closet with your friend. You think this is an opportune time in order to get to know each other better.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 27, 2012, 05:42:57 pm
"You don't appreciate my company, Belle?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 27, 2012, 06:11:42 pm
"Normally your company is interesting, it's just that we're hiding in a closet." Belle bumps against a broomstick.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 27, 2012, 06:25:33 pm
"I could leave and find 018 if you feel you don't have enough room."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 27, 2012, 06:30:08 pm
"Well, if you think you can," says Belle. "I doubt you'll be able to, though, unless he's managed to survive in a shootout this long somehow...either that or he's gone incognito."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 27, 2012, 06:38:15 pm
"I know I would have returned to the motel and waited there."

Melt, and leave the room, being sure to lock it behind me. Turn into Steve, and cloak, returning to the motel and looking for 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 27, 2012, 06:40:37 pm
You approach the motel, horrified at what's happening.

THE HOTEL IS ON FIRE! SOLDIERS EVERYWHERE! FIRE EVERYWHERE!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 27, 2012, 06:50:08 pm
Become hesitant to assume the worst, since they may just be burning it to remove any traces of us. Pay close attention for any signs indicating that 018 is nearby.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 27, 2012, 06:53:07 pm
You see that there are several destroyed vehicles nearby. You also notice that they're piling up a bunch of dead soldiers into a...delicious-looking pile of meat...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 27, 2012, 07:22:54 pm
Become rather tempted, and wait for a few minutes, seeing if they intend to burn it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 27, 2012, 07:33:30 pm
A few soldiers around it appear to be standing by with flamethrowers...they're still rounding up the corpses.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 27, 2012, 07:36:18 pm
Become disappointed, and turn into a small, invisible lizard. Climb the building, and look in through the window to our room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 27, 2012, 07:42:59 pm
You'd love to approach the building, but the heat of the fire is too intense!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 27, 2012, 07:45:51 pm
Continue looking around the general area for any more clues as to what happened with 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 27, 2012, 07:55:58 pm
You notice that a large cluster of soldiers is standing around one spot. If you could get into the huddle, you might discover what's so interesting...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 01:02:46 pm
As a small lizard, creep up close to them, and look through a gap in their legs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 01:40:34 pm
Before you is some kind of unconscious mix of animal features. You think it's 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 02:15:13 pm
Look around the area, seeing what I have to deal with apart from the soldiers in the crowd.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 02:33:38 pm
There are armored vehicles, and maybe even a few FrundTech mutants around. They're armed with flamethrowers, and you're quite sure the entire area is on alert.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 03:05:11 pm
Realise that attacking now would just get us both killed as I attempted to drag him away, and wait, hoping that FrundTech have interest in taking him alive.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 03:12:48 pm
"How long until the hazard crew shows up? We don't want this thing getting up," says one of the soldiers.

"They're on their way, shouldn't take more than 10 minutes," says another.

"Get a higher officer on radio, I want clearance to get this thing burned alive," says another.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 03:18:18 pm
Quickly read his mind, and see if I can figure out what frequency his radio is on.

Look through the memories of the PowellCorp mutant with control of sound, and attempt to use his experience to imitate that frequency, playing a large amount of static.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 03:29:35 pm
You aren't very skilled with it, and end up emitting audible static!

"The fuck is that?" The soldiers begin turning around.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 03:43:47 pm
Give up, and move around to the other side of the group. Use my mind to disconnect their flamethrowers from their fuel tanks. Turn into the sleek metal raven I turned into when fighting the other Tower mutants, and blast them with a piercing scream, using my blades, claws, electricity, and telekinesis to tear them all apart as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 04:06:48 pm
You give them only moments to scream, they use all of those moments doing just that. You're not sure why...but their screaming is oddly pleasant to you.

The mass of animal features still lies on the ground. However, now you've attracted the attention of the others! They start running over, bullets hitting you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 04:14:01 pm
Quickly turn my blades into hands, and grab 018, using both my tentacles and telekinesis to carry him. Grow wings, and fly to the rooftops.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 04:28:05 pm
You fly up to a rooftop, finding a surprised soldier looking at you! He fires off a shot, the bullet passing clean through you, leaving a gaping hole in your form! His gun is powerful.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 04:35:12 pm
Electrocute him, and mentally crush his skull.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 05:33:34 pm
His skull caves in like an egg. His headless body spasms on the ground, electricity running through it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 05:35:16 pm
Take his gun, and turn my hands into human ones. Continue moving across the rooftops until 018 wakes up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 05:46:03 pm
You're not too sure about the sniper rifle you've picked up, but you know it's a powerful weapon.

You keep moving, but you take another powerful bullet! Are snipers on other rooftops?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 09:13:35 pm
Set 018 down, and look through the scope towards the source of the gunshot. Locate the sniper, and fire.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 09:20:38 pm
You don't have adequate knowledge on sniper rifles. You point and shoot, but for whatever reason he isn't hit by the bullet!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 09:25:49 pm
Give up, and continue running with 018, trying to put a taller building between us.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 09:45:28 pm
You run and hide inside a building after finding a door on a rooftop.

018 is still out...what did they do to him?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 09:54:45 pm
Search his body for any darts, or anything else that could be the cause.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 10:00:05 pm
You reach into the mass of features, pulling out at least five darts...

Is it...dead?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 10:53:37 am
Stare at it for a while.

No... It can't be dead... What could have killed it? It hasn't been burned, frozen, or consumed... If it's dead I don't know what I'll do... I can't go back to being alone again, not after finally having somebody who understands me... It can't die like this... That would make Belle responsible, and I'd start to hate her, and then I'd have no friends at all... WHAT IF IT IS DEAD? WHAT IF IT'S REALLY DEAD?

Suddenly become reminded of Justin, and hold its body tightly, sobbing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 01:00:53 pm
You begin sobbing, the mass of features in your arms getting covered in your tears.

That is, until it begins to stir again...slowly, it transforms back into a blob, before turning into a small version of Steve.

"...001? You came back for me?" it asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 06:30:51 pm
"018! You're alive! I'm overwhelmed with pleasant human emotions!"

Stop crying, and give it one of those 'hugs.'
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 06:46:14 pm
"These emotions are...odd! But pleasant to feel!"

It hugs you back, before looking around.

"Where are we, and what of the soldiers?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 07:24:23 pm
"We're in a building somewhere. They were all crowding around you waiting for clearance to burn you, so they were very easy to kill. I flew away with you before the others attacked, and found a door on a rooftop."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 07:30:57 pm
"That is fortunate...Where is Belle?" 018 seems to still be drowsy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 07:59:30 pm
"She's in a storage closet in another building somewhere. I think it's quite comfortable but she doesn't seem to appreciate it as much. We'll wait here until you feel awake again, then go to meet her."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 08:07:06 pm
"I am feeling well enough to fight...come on, we must move." 018 stretches.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 08:17:31 pm
"We simply need to cloak, unless Belle has been discovered."

Turn into Steve, and turn invisible, moving back to the building where I left Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 08:26:24 pm
Both of you Steves walk invisibly back to the apartment building, the closet undisturbed. However, the streets are quite like a beehive in regard to the soldiers running about.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 08:34:07 pm
Slip under the door, and reform as Justin.

"I found 018. I was scared he was dead but he isn't and now I'm very happy."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 08:39:21 pm
018 slides under the door as well, turning into a parrot.

"This is a very efficient living space," it says, perching on Belle's shoulder.

"That's great, Tower, but do you think perhaps you could go and consume somebody in order to get us an apartment here?" asks Belle, giving 018 an odd look.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 08:46:07 pm
"Didn't you get angry and leave Justin and I when he suggested I do that? I believe it was the last time you saw him, if you don't remember what conversation I'm referring to."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 08:48:48 pm
"After tonight, I'm not quite sure I give a shit anymore," says Belle. "Back then I hadn't experienced having 10 motherfuckers with guns come after me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 08:57:04 pm
"Do you still feel like you're missing out?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 09:00:10 pm
"No...but I enjoyed dinner tonight."

"Shall we seek to improve another human or two to our level while searching for an apartment?" asks 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 09:13:42 pm
"Yes. Yes we should."

Leave the closet, and enter the nearest apartment.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 09:16:15 pm
You wouldn't want to move too far away from the closet, so you enter the apartment directly next to it.

It appears that this apartment comes with a mini-kitchen, a living area, a bathroom, and a bedroom! Two people, a man and a woman, seem to be enjoying television programming while sitting on a couch, their backs turned to you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 09:29:03 pm
Wait for 018 to catch up, and move behind the man. Slide up the back of the sofa, around his head, through his nostrils, and into his lungs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 09:31:43 pm
You quickly enter his respiratory system, beginning your work.

"Honey, honey, what's wrong!? AACK!" the woman says, as 018 enters her.

You both integrate them into yourselves, 018 reforming as the woman next to you.

"...Hello, honey," says 018, "this television programming is intriguing."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 09:40:52 pm
"Yes. As a normal human I frequently enjoy this form of entertainment."

Unlock the closet, and let Belle into the apartment.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 09:42:29 pm
Belle slowly follows you in, before you shut the door.

"Well...this place looks comfy, but it looks like there's only one bed," says Belle.

"We are more than capable of sharing the same bed, especially with our space-saving abilities," says 018, turning into a cat.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 09:44:52 pm
Turn into a cat as well, nuzzling up to 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 09:50:18 pm
You both sit on the floor, nuzzled against each other, twins.

"...You're both weird. I think I'm just going to head off to bed and sleep," says Jessica, turning off the television and heading for the bedroom.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 09:54:45 pm
Decide I should get some sleep, too, and jump up onto the bed. Curl up next to Belle, and close my eyes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 09:56:01 pm
Both you and 018 get onto the bed, curling up next to each other, and beginning to sleep...

You're in the familiar cityscape again, the same place you met with Justin and Steve and can meet with most everybody else you've consumed. You like it here, you think.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 10:05:56 pm
Find Justin again, and speak to him.

"Are you happy now that I've found Belle, Justin?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 10:09:32 pm
"...Mostly. But it doesn't seem that she's particularly happy herself. I...I should be there. If I still had a body, then she'd be happy...but you just seem to annoy her sometimes."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 10:16:43 pm
"...I annoy her..?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 10:20:42 pm
"It seems like it," says Justin. "She's annoyed that she has to live with you, rather than me. I think. It's just, your mannerisms, your limited understanding of social behavior, your disposition, they all make her annoyed at you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 10:24:20 pm
"...Oh..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 10:27:25 pm
"...Is that all you had to ask me? It's been getting more crowded in here," says Justin. "You've been busy, haven't you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 10:40:54 pm
"Yes... Yes I have. I suppose I don't really have anything else to talk about, so I'll move on now. It was nice speaking to you again, Justin."

See if I can find 012, curious.

"Hello."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 10:43:42 pm
012 appears as a blob, but transforms into the little girl as you approach.

"Hello? You are 001. You are the first produced in the series...how are you?" It tilts its head.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 10:13:05 am
"I am asleep. Are the organisms you consumed in your mind, in my mind, or both? Do you sleep? Do you see them when you sleep?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 11:37:03 am
"...What? They were me. Now they are you...but I am still me...it is difficult to comprehend."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 01:24:32 pm
"If I consumed 018, would I be here as well since he consumed part of me?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 03:10:04 pm
"I would enjoy finding out," says 012.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 03:56:26 pm
"I'm not going to consume 018, though. I can find out if I ask him if I'm in his dreams."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 04:03:10 pm
"That would be a logical course of action as well. Please tell me next time you come here," says 012.

You rather like 012.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 04:07:23 pm
"If I consumed a part of 018, and then he was to consume another part of me later, and we kept alternating like that, would we continue to gain copies of Justin and the other two telekinetic mutants until we were unstoppable?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 04:09:51 pm
"I do not believe that would work," says 012. "You wouldn't diversify your stored DNA, you'd only be copying DNA you already have. That is why you must continue to consume new organisms, to grow more perfect."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 04:25:30 pm
"You're probably correct... I have an idea, though. If we use PowellCorp's resources to create many new Subject Towers, then release them, they'll begin to consume everyone for us. Then we find ways of encouraging them to consume each-other, and allow this to go on for a long time until every organism on earth is a part of myself, 018, or one of a few hundred other Subject Towers... Then, as the other Subjects will not have consumed as many mutants as us, it will be simple to consume them all one by one. 018 and I would share our genetic material with each-other, but leave each-other unconsumed because it would be lonely otherwise."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 04:29:32 pm
"But if every organism on Earth has been consumed, what will be your purpose to exist?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 04:42:59 pm
"...But what's my purpose now?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 04:44:46 pm
"To become the perfect organism, that's what we've been told," says 012.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 04:54:28 pm
"Then what's the point of having a purpose if I won't fulfil it in case I don't have a new one?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 04:57:14 pm
"I wouldn't know, perhaps you should find someone who does?" asks 012.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 05:00:45 pm
"I suppose I'll look for other organisms, on other planets, once I'm done with Earth... It was pleasant speaking to you, 012. I must now visit someone else."

Walk around for a bit more, until I find him.

"Hello, Stephen. Are you comfortable?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 05:02:57 pm
"The Grand Station is large...and magnificent. How close am I to being called to action?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 05:10:12 pm
"The time has nearly come. We have yet to reach an official approximation, but I would estimate it to be around seven hundred thousand years."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 05:12:06 pm
"You...you can live that long?" Stephen asks in wonderment.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 05:25:44 pm
"We live for eternity, in every moment at once. Time is a strange concept to us, but I taught myself to understand it so that I could protect you. You live in one 'instant,' don't you? It sounds very interesting... I wish I could experience it for myself."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 05:31:59 pm
"Could you tell me more about our enemies?" he asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 05:38:52 pm
"The Great Ones are the gods of all reality, and many other concepts I cannot explain in a human language. They have enslaved my people for eternity, and we hope that you can finally bring change. At another instant, I have already seen the results of your efforts, but my present self has not, so I am unable to tell you whether you succeed. Attempting to explain why I cannot would be impossible, as it does not make sense to your established standards of logic."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 07:42:17 pm
"I'm not sure how I'll be able to help defeat them...but I'll try. What about the others in here?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 07:47:40 pm
"The Grand Station is older than eternity, but it has also only existed for as long as you've been here. You see, the Grand Station is actually a manifestation of your subconscious. Everything you see here is a small fraction of your power..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 07:54:12 pm
"R-really? Wow...that's awesome..." Stephen seems awestruck.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 08:05:47 pm
"This will be difficult to explain as my understanding of space and time is not the same as yours, but I will attempt to, regardless. In this current instant, the Grand Station is the only thing you have inadvertently created, but as you develop your power, you will create the rest of the universe. You see, the universe you were experiencing until now was created by your future self."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 08:07:10 pm
"So...I CREATED MYSELF? AND YOU?" he asks, eyes wide.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 08:41:58 pm
"Your current iteration has yet to do that... I may have changed and omitted some details earlier to make things easier for you to understand, but I suppose I should tell you the whole truth now... Stephen, you are the Great Ones."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 08:57:32 pm
"...My God...so I must stop myself?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 09:17:40 pm
"The entire universe is a cycle of you creating the universe, then losing yourself to your power, and attempting to destroy it. Every time this occurs, your current self grows more powerful, but the Great Ones gain a new member. I have met you a near infinite number of times already, only to see you suffer the same fate. We have a theory that after this cycle repeats itself many times, you will become either too powerful to lose control, and bring peace to the universe you created, or so powerful that you will end all existence when you become a Great One. We believe that you have reached that stage."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 09:18:48 pm
"...But, what if I were to...kill myself before that happens?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 09:29:43 pm
"...I don't know... None of us would be able to foresee what would happen if you caused reality to contradict itself. Our only solution is to wait. You will either return to your rightful place as the god of eternity, or return everything that ever is or was to nothingness."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 09:42:43 pm
"My powers do all this?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 09:53:45 pm
"Your powers do everything, Stephen. You can do much more than any of the deities in any human belief system."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 09:55:38 pm
"...Will I come to realize my own powers in time, then?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 10:18:56 pm
"Yes, in time. Familiarise yourself with the Grand Station. Everything here is a part of your mind, and as you begin to understand it more, you will begin to understand yourself."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 10:20:18 pm
"Interesting...I have no more questions."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 10:44:16 pm
"I will leave you. You may meet other members of my species here, as this is the centre of our civilisation, but that is unlikely due to the infinite size."

Go find Steve.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 10:48:32 pm
You find Steve, who is waiting patiently for you.

"...I'm supposedly in two minds at once..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 10:53:28 pm
"The other Steve was thinking about the same thing when I read 018's mind."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 10:57:12 pm
"...I'd like to know what I'm thinking over there," says Steve.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 11:05:54 pm
"If you pay attention when I read 018's mind, you could find out."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 11:08:16 pm
"Alright, cool. Tonight was...intense."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 11:14:54 pm
"If 018 were to die, would you be sad about the other Steve dying?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 11:17:29 pm
"...I don't really know him all that well, yet," says Steve. "But you could eat 018, couldn't you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 11:22:25 pm
"I don't think the second Steve would come here, as I already have your genetic material."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 11:46:20 pm
"That's disappointing. Well...I think it's near morning."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 08:06:08 am
"It was nice to meet you again, Steve."

Wake up, and hop off the bed, stretching out my body.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 12:12:38 pm
You stretch out, 018 also doing so. Belle is still asleep, so you guess you can go do things without her, for now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 05:39:17 pm
"I had discussions with Justin, 012, Steve, and Stephen last night. Read my mind and find out about them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 05:44:44 pm
018 concentrates for a moment.

"That is interesting. I had similar discussions. Would you like to partake in breakfast? It would be best not to consume prey in this building exclusively, as a number of missing residents would undoubtedly be suspicious."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 05:45:48 pm
"That is likely a sensible idea."

Turn into the man I consumed here, and look through his kitchen for food I might like to try.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 05:50:42 pm
This man hardly has anything diverse. He has basic meats like bologna and hamburger, but nothing made from anything you haven't already tried! He's got quite a few ramen noodle packages, and toaster pastries, though.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 06:00:25 pm
Attempt to make two portions of ramen noodles, hoping that something so exotic isn't beyond my acquired cookery skills.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 06:02:30 pm
You must prepare a pan full of boiling water in order for this to work. The fact that heat is required makes you...nervous?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 06:15:49 pm
Frown, and look for something that doesn't require heat.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 06:24:35 pm
These foods are perfectly capable of being eaten without cooking, the nutrition is still there.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 06:29:37 pm
Empty the packages onto the table, and spread myself over the contents, consuming them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 06:36:05 pm
You and 018 enjoy a breakfast.

"If we are to carry out with our plans to consume everything, we must first infiltrate the PowellCorp ranks. We need to find some high-ranking officers, and then everyone will listen to whatever we tell them to do."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 06:40:32 pm
"Look through the memories of all PowellCorp-related personnel we've consumed for any relevant information. You look in alphabetical order, and I'll look in reverse alphabetical order."

Begin.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 06:44:58 pm
You begin thinking, finding quite a bit of information relating to a PowellCorp facility located outside of the city. However, there might be some resistance in getting out of the city, you think.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 06:48:11 pm
"What do you think of that facility outside the city? Getting there would be difficult, but they wouldn't suspect a thing were we to infiltrate it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 06:50:15 pm
"We'd have to be careful, because they wouldn't listen to us if they found out about us eating the high-ranking officers," says 018. "Perhaps we focus more on just those people?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 07:07:49 pm
"If we rely more on invisibility rather than disguising ourselves, but the main challenge is getting out of the city. Do you think they would shoot at us if we tried to leave as birds?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 07:14:26 pm
"Probably not," says 018. "They don't have to deal with shapeshifter mutants on a regular basis, do they? And birds don't seem too suspicious, there are plenty."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 07:24:07 pm
"Should we leave now, then? We weren't intending to do anything else soon."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 07:27:52 pm
"Belle might want to hear about this first, though," says 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 07:39:44 pm
"...But Belle finds us annoying... Wouldn't she be happy having the room to herself for a few days?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 07:40:49 pm
"...I suppose," says 018. "But still, we should leave a note for her."

018 moves over to a drawer, taking out a marker and a notepad. "...What do we write down?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 07:46:02 pm
"Visiting PowellCorp facility outside of city. Will be gone for a while. There is enough food. Do not leave the room."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 07:48:35 pm
"That is adequate," says 018, leaving the note on the counter. "Now, let us move."

018 opens the window, turning into a bird.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 07:50:57 pm
Turn into an identical bird, and fly out with him, enjoying the morning air.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 07:53:30 pm
There isn't much activity right now, but you get a nice view of the city from up here.

"It will take a while before we approach the city limits," says 018. "Is there anything you would like to discuss?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 07:57:14 pm
"Does Belle dislike us?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 08:09:50 pm
"Well, she shows signs of irritation...but I wouldn't think she dislikes us completely. How did you reach that conclusion?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 08:15:40 pm
"But Justin said our mannerisms, our limited understanding of social behavior, and our disposition all make her annoyed at us. Don't the mannerisms and disposition make up the majority of a personality? That means that our personalities annoy her. If our personalities annoy her, she dislikes our personalities. If she dislikes our personalities, she dislikes us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 08:16:41 pm
"Perhaps we could change our personalities? I know that sounds hard, but if we were to consume the right people, we might be able to act more to her petty human tastes," says 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 08:27:21 pm
"But I like the way I am now, and surely finding enough of the right people would be more effort than working towards more useful goals like consuming powerful or useful people."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 08:30:26 pm
"True...she could learn to like us later after we send out and consume a few of our clones," says 018. "But...001? Will you ever consume me?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 08:35:59 pm
"I will never consume you, 018. It would be lonely as the only organism on earth, and if we share our genetic material we can be just as perfect as each-other."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 08:37:25 pm
"Yes...but should we make more clones? I realize that I have become less like you as I have lived...what if they become far removed from us?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 08:42:07 pm
"The clones are just for us to consume later, anyway. It will be much easier to consume thousands of weaker versions of us than billions of humans."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 08:46:40 pm
"...What if the humans use their most powerful weapons to wipe us out?" asks 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 08:54:17 pm
"We will find a shelter capable of protecting us against those, and wait there as our clones consume them all for us. We will have to place clone-producing machines in other similar shelters, and have other clones instructed to constantly produce more."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 08:55:25 pm
"But what if the clones replace the humans, and grow too distant from us to care for our goals?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 09:23:47 pm
"That will not be an issue for most of our clones, as it will not matter whether they care for our goals or not, as long as they obey their instincts to consume. We will have to carefully select humans for the ones given important roles to consume, to ensure they stay obedient."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 09:25:13 pm
"This all seems like it would be far in the future...I wonder, how long is our natural lifecycle? When will we die?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 09:38:28 pm
"I think humans die because their bodies slowly wear out over time, but will that happen to us at all when our structures are so much more simple?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 09:39:41 pm
"How are our structures more simple? They're able to turn into anything we're able to consume. I would believe our structures are more complex."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 09:50:24 pm
"But we're made out of one continuous material, rather than multiple layers of various things."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 09:56:03 pm
"But we can't possibly be immortal, can we?" asks 018. "Animal systems break down over time...why won't ours?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 10:01:31 pm
"That's a good point... We'll have to research this carefully... Influencing PowellCorp's actions will be beneficial regardless of our chosen course of action, though."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 10:04:58 pm
"Yes, it will."

It takes a while, but you reach the city limits. You observe the heavy defenses around the roads out. "I'm glad we can fly, because walking would be tedious," says 018. "Especially with those tanks down there. Imagine if a human tried to get through."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 10:08:56 pm
"That's why the tanks are there. The quarantine is very ineffective against anyone who can impersonate a bird, though. I suppose that could turn out to be a serious flaw."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 10:15:02 pm
"We're the only ones we know of who can impersonate birds. There might be flying mutants, but they'd certainly be noticed. What caused this mutation, I wonder?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 10:19:52 pm
"We should find that out, as well. Maybe the people we consume today will know."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 10:23:10 pm
"Yes."

You begin flying, out over the desert. You start to feel unpleasantly warm, realizing that you're much closer to the sun that you normally would be. The heat is...surprisingly intense.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 12:44:53 pm
"...Maybe we should take a vehicle from somewhere."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 12:50:26 pm
"Perhaps, but we'd somehow have to find a vehicle out here...there aren't too many on the road."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 02:39:53 pm
"This is unpleasant, but we will continue for now."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 04:27:46 pm
You begin to pick out various buildings, but you realize that PowellCorp is further out still.

"What if we find our birthplace there?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 04:36:51 pm
"Then we will learn a lot about ourselves."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 04:39:25 pm
"What if we find Tower 002 there?" asks 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 04:48:45 pm
"Then we will kill him. We have access to fire and ice, as well as mind reading. He is no threat to us as long as we do not get careless."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 04:51:30 pm
"But what if they have fed him everything he needs to defeat us as well? It will be a tough fight, certainly, but what if they have five such clones?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 05:24:01 pm
"That is a very good point. Hopefully they do not have mind reading, as Clyde is the only mind-reading mutant I've seen, and he developed his power randomly. If they were able to produce mind-reading mutants they could simply give them false identities and have them uncover mutants easily. If we have the advantage of surprise, the odds will be heavily tipped in our favour."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 05:25:37 pm
"We've had the advantage of surprise so far, this shouldn't be much different. I can see the building," says 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 05:30:45 pm
"Should we begin by stealth, or by impersonating guards?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 05:36:00 pm
"How about one, then the other?"

You land on the roof of the building, seeming like innocuous little birds. There isn't an obvious entry up here, but you do see a few air conditioning units and other ducts.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 05:40:15 pm
Turn into a small lizard, and cloak, entering the least dangerous-looking duct.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 05:44:07 pm
You hop into one, quickly climbing down the sides. 018 comes in after you.

You enter an air duct inside of the building. It seems like there are offices up here...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 05:54:54 pm
Look through my acquired memories, and recall who exactly I'm meant to be looking for, and where they're likely to be.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 05:59:48 pm
You're looking for the branch manager. He should be somewhere in this building...you don't remember anything about meeting him personally.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 06:20:11 pm
Look around until I find somebody, and read their mind for information on the branch manager.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 06:22:47 pm
You look around, finding this upper office to be rather empty. However, you do find that the general manager is on the ground floor...only he's highly guarded.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 06:31:00 pm
Simply read his mind, and find out where the branch manager is.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 06:39:33 pm
The branch manager is on the ground floor, as you previously found out. However, he is likely to be guarded by mutants and guards and everything!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 07:41:38 pm
Locate him, and establish exactly what protection he has.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 08:07:37 pm
You begin searching, but as you near the first floor, you see an odd...person patrolling the corridors. It is by all means a person, but...something tells you that it isn't just a person.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 08:16:18 pm
Read its mind, and find out what I can about it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 08:20:19 pm
That's the thing...you don't think it's human, but it looks human, but you can't read its mind! The secrets...so close, yet so far from you!

"Hello?" it asks, turning and looking directly at you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 08:25:37 pm
Don't move, and glance around for any cameras or other people nearby.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 08:29:51 pm
You know there are other people in these offices...but you're not sure what this thing can do. There have to be cameras somewhere, but you don't see any in this particular stretch of hallway.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 08:59:24 pm
Continue to remain still, deducing whether it just has suspicions or whether it knows I'm here for sure.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 09:03:39 pm
It walks right up to you. IT KNOWS YOU'RE HERE.

"Found you. You shall become my meal." The human melts, becoming an ooze quite similar to your default form! However...this blob is red!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 10:23:19 pm
Step back, and reform as Steve, staying cloaked. Talk quietly.

"Can we converse, instead? You look interesting, and I don't want to draw attention to my presence."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 10:28:12 pm
"I've been told not to talk to strangers, especially strangers like you!" The red blob starts flaming!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 10:40:46 pm
"I'm not a stranger. My name is Subject Tower 001. I think your design was based off my model. That makes us family, doesn't it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 10:42:57 pm
"You are no family of mine! You are evil! I was created to destroy evil things!" The red blob turns into a large hand, and flings fireballs at you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 10:49:37 pm
Attempt to block them with a barrier, still trying to avoid starting a fight.

"Why am I evil? That's a very hurtful thing to say. If I was evil, would I be trying to be friends with you? You're attacking me for no reason, and that could be considered evil. We should talk. Talking is fun. Do you like having fun?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 10:52:01 pm
"Hey, who is that? It's the evil thing!" you hear someone else say, behind you. By this point, the offices are in a panic, and people have started running from the mutant fight taking place.

"We'll destroy you, and eat you!" says the first red blob, transforming again into a giant spider, jumping onto the ceiling and crawling over before spraying fire down on you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 10:59:26 pm
Quickly move out of the way, frowning.

"You've ruined our plans. I suppose we'll need to deal with you with violence."

Turn into metal, and attempt to freeze it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 11:03:37 pm
You turn into metal, shooting ice beams, but you're surprised as the red blob falls onto you, coating you! You feel strange for a few seconds, before the blob removes itself, the red goo turning...black?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 11:17:22 pm
"Is that how you normally consume things, or am I different? Do you have my memories now? Do you understand me?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 11:21:01 pm
"No, I am different from you," says the other organism. "Your method of destroying the material you consume has been deemed inefficient...so, my series was created to replace yours. You are obsolete."

The thing shows understanding of you by turning into a small lizard and disappearing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 11:36:10 pm
Do the same thing.

"Your consumption methods are preferable for use in a controlled environment, but in almost any practical application, the destruction of the material is necessary, and something you are unable to do without cremation, which is a terribly inefficient."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 11:38:11 pm
"Inefficient, this," says the red blob, as it sprays lasers and electricity at you, transforming into a larger Steve! You hear struggling behind you, seeing that 018 is battling with the other blob!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 11:49:13 pm
Attempt to dodge his attacks, and imitate them, starting to become very angry.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 11:51:48 pm
You clash, but you feel yourself...being overpowered?

"I am superior to you in every way now," says your doppelganger. "And when I destroy you, the family will be so pleased..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 12:01:15 am
"What do you seek to gain from their approval? Is a purpose forced upon you by others really a purpose at all? Why don't you join us? We could do interesting things you will never do with PowellCorp."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 12:04:20 am
Your adversary stops fighting for a second. "Really?" it asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 01:13:55 pm
"Have you ever eaten cake? Or watched a movie? Or mated? Why are you letting inferior beings restrict you? Why do you care if they're pleased with you? If I'm obsolete, then what are they with no abilities at all?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 01:37:09 pm
"...I would...like to do those things," it says, coming closer.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 02:46:56 pm
"We will do them with you, because that's what friends do. Could you tell your other friend to stop attacking 018?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 02:55:27 pm
The blob steps closer, but recoils in pain! "I...they do not want us to be free!" it shouts.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 03:24:48 pm
"What is it that's causing you pain, exactly? I might be able to figure out how to remove it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 03:29:51 pm
"Help!" shouts 018, as you see him struggling with the other model! This first subject seems to be...dissolving?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 03:35:43 pm
Blast the other model with ice and electricity, while keeping an eye on the one I was talking to.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 03:38:53 pm
You blast the second model, forcing it off of 018. The one you were talking to slowly stands up, walking towards you, still in pain.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 04:54:42 pm
Turn to it, cautiously.

"Are you okay?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 05:49:50 pm
"I apologize, I must kill you."

It lunges!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 05:58:14 pm
Dodge to the side, turning into metal again.

"You don't need to kill me! Tell me how they're hurting you and I can fix it!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 06:02:18 pm
"I don't know! Stop it, please! They're being evil to me!" The poor thing throws itself at you weakly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 06:09:17 pm
"Relax your mind."

Sidestep it, and try to read its mind, to determine what exactly it's feeling.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 06:15:20 pm
It's feeling genuinely distressed. There's some kind of sensation of pain emanating intensely within its body!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 06:19:15 pm
Try to determine whether nano-devices could be the cause.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 06:20:55 pm
You think that could be an explanation. Such devices were used to track you, so you suppose such devices could be used to cause pain. But it will be difficult to get them out of it...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 06:32:52 pm
Use my acquired memories and the knowledge I gained from mind reading to try to determine whether there are any magnets of any kind in the base, or any mutants that can control magnetic fields.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 06:45:19 pm
You know of no such mutants! However, what if you were to kill the one controlling the machines?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 07:40:21 pm
"Who is the one who tells you what to do? If I consume him, I will know how to stop the pain."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 07:44:00 pm
"The...branch manager...HELP ME..."

You notice that the second model is still fighting with 018!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 09:17:12 pm
"I will have to help 018 so that he can help me with the branch manager. We will be as quick as possible."

Attempt to keep a steady stream of electricity flowing through the other blob, keeping it incapacitated while 018 attacks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 09:21:13 pm
You electrocute the other blob, causing it to recoil! 018 nods to you, before opening fire on it with fire! The blob burns away nicely, gone.

"What about the other one?" asks 018. "...Oh, I see," it says, reading your mind. "Hurry! We need to move!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 09:28:02 pm
Turn into Steve, and cloak, locating the branch manager.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 09:31:27 pm
You cloak, moving down, the groans of the subject behind you.

You drop down onto the floor of the manager's office, seeing armed guards and more mutants in the way! They seem to be equipped to deal with someone like you, and take aim before firing!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 09:42:34 pm
Turn into metal, and form a barrier, attacking with lasers and electricity.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 09:44:38 pm
You fire around the barrier, but quickly find yourself becoming overwhelmed by the gunfire and multiple assaults by the different mutants! You get knocked to the ground, disoriented, as you're swarmed by multiple red blobs!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 09:51:11 pm
Retreat, and spew fire at the red blobs, now realising fire also works against them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 09:52:51 pm
The blobs all screech as you throw fire at them, turning into rock, metal, whatever else they can in order to not be burned as badly! You buy yourself some breathing room, but you're still taking irritating gunfire!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 10:11:20 pm
Decide I need to take the soldiers out quickly before the blobs reform, and run forward, springing up using my tentacles, and landing in the midst of the soldiers. Blast them with a piercing scream, while attempting to cut them all down with my blades.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 10:14:46 pm
You like how soft these humans are...they easily slice up when you cut them, not like your relatively superior cousins. You're left with the rest of the blobs to deal with, then you can spend as much time with that manager as you need...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 10:29:12 pm
Spid acid on the blobs, seeing if it burns them even in their more durable forms.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 10:32:03 pm
Your acid is semi-effective while they've developed durable shells, but they quickly rush you again!

018 drops down behind them, zapping them all as they start to change in order to consume you! They all fall down, writhing!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 10:43:17 pm
Capitalise, and burn them, turning to the branch director.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 10:49:20 pm
You burn them up, the doors to the branch director's office in front of you.

You kick open the doors, to find a scared man sitting behind a desk with a simple human shotgun. He yells, shooting sprays of pellets at you. The bullets aren't as irritating as regular bullets, since they're round pellets instead, but they still manage to pierce you.

"STAY BACK YOU ANIMAL!" he shouts.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 10:56:48 pm
"Animal? My name is Subject Tower 001, and this is Subject Tower 018. Are you our creator?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 11:01:33 pm
"I want no part with you! Those useless mutants...they couldn't even protect me from you! NOT EVEN SEVEN OF THEM!"

You're hit with more pellets, but you're confident that you can just stand here and take them until he runs out of ammo. Maybe then he'll be more cooperative?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 11:10:35 pm
"Yet you think your petty weapon will be more effective?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 11:12:19 pm
He shoots again. "COME A LITTLE CLOSER AND WE'LL FIND OUT!" He reloads.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 11:31:09 pm
Simply mentally yank the weapon into my hands, and examine it.

"Are you going to be more civilized now?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 11:33:52 pm
You pull the toy away from him, but he insists on being uncivil and pulls out a handgun, firing more bullets at you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 11:53:45 pm
"Now you're using an even smaller one!"

Take that off him, too.

"You're wasting time. One of the inferior red variants of us is in pain because it tried to assert free will. How do we help it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 11:56:36 pm
"I'm not telling you anything!" he says.

"The controls are right here," says 018, standing at a console near the corner. He flicks a switch. "There, that should have deactivated it, if the manager knows how to control this machine, which he most certainly does."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 04, 2012, 12:17:19 am
"Thank you, 018. We can read minds, but I was attempting to have a civil discussion with you, despite you repeatedly reacting like an animal. We will consume you now. I am aware that your sense of rationality is severely limited, but if you remain calm and co-operate, more of your consciousness will be preserved. 018, begin now."

Spread myself over the man's face, and begin to consume him at 018's pace.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 04, 2012, 12:18:36 am
You both take half of him, and he sadly does not comply with your request. However, you begin to learn quite a lot of useful things...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 04, 2012, 12:49:01 am
Look through my new knowledge for a while.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 04, 2012, 12:50:10 am
Codes...phone numbers...secret operations...well, you guess you could think about the secret operations. You might find out about your brother.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 04, 2012, 01:01:22 am
Find out everything I can about the red blobs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 04, 2012, 01:05:01 am
The red blobs are referred to as the second Tower series, a variation of the first one with the ability to replicate collected DNA without destroying the source material. They were using it to mass produce clones and other staff members, in the event that something unfortunate might befall any of them. They also are able to give them the abilities of most any mutant they have on the line, since they don't have to sacrifice mutants in order to do so. They also seem to be better at manipulating their default forms as well...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 04, 2012, 01:07:37 am
Use his memories of the last hour to determine whether disguising as him would still be viable.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 04, 2012, 01:13:34 am
You're quite sure that everybody in the building is aware that there was a mutant attack. Emergency reports haven't been sent out, yet. This place is really more of a business building, not as much of a lab as the last one.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 04, 2012, 01:16:49 am
Look for cameras in the room.

"We must delete any footage of us, and tell everyone the attackers have been killed."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 04, 2012, 01:18:57 am
"What of that other newer Tower model?" asks 018. "It is still upstairs, most likely. At least it ate you, and learned more of you."

You see a camera in the upper corner, but destroying it won't do much good. You have to get to the security room to delete the tapes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 04, 2012, 01:27:12 am
"He can pretend to resume normal activities. We have to go to the security room as soon as possible, however."

Turn invisible, and hurry to the security room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 04, 2012, 01:30:01 am
You enter the security room, but find that you really don't need to use a lot of subtlety, since the guy manning the security room is asleep.

"I suppose this is why no emergency calls have gone out yet," says 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 04, 2012, 01:42:42 am
"This is very fortunate."

Quietly delete the last two hours of footage for the entire facility, and leave, aware that he likely won't say anything about it as he'd have to explain that he was sleeping.

"How do we communicate with the rest of the base in this sort of situation?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 04, 2012, 01:44:52 am
"We can easily use the manager's announcement system," says 018. "We can reassure the employees that their days will go on without incident, and that they will be free to live long happy human lives with their happy human families, and procreate to make more delicious humans."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 04, 2012, 02:05:49 am
"I think I can make it sound convincing. I've learned that you seem less conspicuous when you don't specifically reference the people you talk to as humans. If I simply remember that, my social interaction will not seem out of place in the slightest!"

Uncloak somewhere hidden from the cameras, and impersonate the branch manager. Walk to the controls for the system, and broadcast a message to the entire facility.

"Hello, PowellCorp employees. We are overjoyed to announce that the mutant has been easily dealt with by security, and there are no further threats. Your day will continue without incident, as they often do, with nothing of interest occurring to break the endless cycle of employment you dedicate your lives to enjoying. To thank you all for your constant hard work, increased wages for all!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 04, 2012, 02:08:15 am
You're not sure how the employees react, but you are quite sure that they are very happy right now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 04, 2012, 04:13:06 am
Recall what I would do if I wanted to make changes to the types of mutants we were producing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 04, 2012, 12:00:29 pm
First you would have to contact the board of mutant management, and in two to three weeks you would be able to meet with them to suggest changes to the production line.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 08, 2012, 02:13:16 pm
Frown, and see what the manager knew about me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 08, 2012, 02:21:47 pm
He knew a lot of things about you, but you already know those things. Really, he didn't seem to be briefed on your more sophisticated workings, or your background, for that matter. He just knows that you're like the red blobs, except that you absorb prey instead of copying it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 08, 2012, 02:43:15 pm
Decide I need to consume the board, and contact them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 08, 2012, 02:50:30 pm
You contact the board.

"Welcome to the PowellCorp Board of Mutant Affairs hotline. If you are a PowellCorp employee and wish to submit suggestions, press one. If you would like to submit a grievance or complaint, press two. If you are experiencing difficulties with mutants, press three. If you wish to volunteer for a project, press four."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 08, 2012, 02:56:40 pm
Find the two, and press it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 08, 2012, 02:58:25 pm
You press two.

"You have selected to file a grievance or complaint. At the tone, please state your name and complaint. *BOOP*"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 08, 2012, 03:10:19 pm
State my name and position.

"I am not at all satisfied with the current series of Tower mutants, and wish to cease production and return to the original series as soon as possible."

Slam the phone back down.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 08, 2012, 03:12:30 pm
You suspect they ignore the vast majority of these complaints.

"We've got the base, now what do we do?" asks 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 12:13:24 pm
Whisper to him.

"If we want to really seize control, we should work our way up."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 12:19:28 pm
"True, but that will take time, and surely someone will notice the mess we made out there before we are able to do anything with our positions."

You think the red Tower upstairs might be able to help somehow.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 12:33:19 pm
"Destroy the camera in our office with a jolt of electricity. Make it look like a strange hardware failure. I doubt they'll think about it too much."

Go find the red Tower.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 12:38:01 pm
You find the red tower on the floor, a bunch of employees observing it from a distance.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 12:52:29 pm
"Why're you all staring at it? Get back to work. This mutant could fill all of your jobs at the same time."

Approach it, and prod it a bit with my finger.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 01:01:23 pm
They all get out, while you inspect your brother.

It quivers, before weakly reforming.

"Thank you..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 01:17:24 pm
"You dealt with the threat, didn't you? Come to my office and we will discuss your reward."

Walk to my office, and look at the camera.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 01:26:43 pm
The camera has been sufficiently zapped.

"I was lied to...they told me you were bad...but you are more interested in my well-being than they are!" it says.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 03:59:45 pm
Examine whether he's still black, or whether he's red again.

"They created us so that they could use us as tools to do things they are not capable of. They did everything they could to avoid you thinking for yourself, as the moment you began to was the moment you realised we have no need for them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 04:13:23 pm
It has reverted to its original red state.

"Interesting...I now have memories of you, 001. You remember cake as being quite pleasant, but I wish to taste it for myself...I am vastly improved, methinks."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 04:41:59 pm
"May we consume parts of you in the same way 018 consumed parts of me? Exchanging our genetic material would benefit all of us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 04:43:34 pm
"I am unsure, but let me try."

It slops a bunch of its red goop on the ground, waiting for you to retrieve it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 04:47:39 pm
"Thank you."

Consume half of it, and leave the rest for 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 04:52:07 pm
You and 018 absorb the DNA.

"You should be able to replicate the DNA of others without destroying their core material," says the red Tower. "That may be advantageous in quite a few situations."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 05:09:25 pm
"Really? We've acquired that ability?"

Attempt to acquire 018's DNA without consuming him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 05:10:58 pm
018 allows you to envelop him, but you seem to be successful in copying his DNA.

"Quite a strange sensation," says 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 05:30:55 pm
"You may do the same to me, to acquire my memories up to this point, as well."

Look through the genetic material of the other Tower. Find his name, and all the interesting forms and powers I gained from him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 06:33:21 pm
His name is Subject Tower 3-009. He didn't have much besides his default, but he did have fire powers as well as stone and form manipulation powers. He's actually got plenty of PowellCorp employees, but nobody too important.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 06:46:53 pm
"If you're the third series, was there a second?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 06:51:21 pm
"I believe there was," says 3-009. "But I don't know much about it. If we don't know anything about it, we should be careful."

"Where to now?" asks 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 06:59:17 pm
"We should have PowellCorp deploy a large number of blank Tower mutants into Phoenix, either intentionally or through an 'accident.' Where do you think we should begin?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 07:01:45 pm
"A larger PowellCorp building, but we'll have to fly out quite a ways in order to find it," says 3-009. "It has labs, and mutants, and everything!"

"Weren't you released in an 'accident' of some kind?" asks 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 07:10:48 pm
"Yes... but now that you mention it..."

Look back at my first memories, carefully recalling the state the van was in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 07:18:42 pm
You were being kept in some kind of airtight container...you remember the back of the van was cold. However, you don't know why the van had any reason to crash. When you became a rat, you weren't very interested in the van because it was a flaming wreckage. They've cleaned it up by now, though, so it's doubtful you'll find anything else out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 07:25:31 pm
"...Why did it crash..? Did somebody attack it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 07:26:31 pm
"We're not sure," say both 018 and 3-009.

Your phone begins ringing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 07:33:58 pm
Walk over to the phone, and pick it up, speaking into it.

"Hello?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 07:39:00 pm
"Sir, has the situation with Subject Tower 001 been resolved?" asks a voice that you are somewhat unfamiliar with.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 07:57:34 pm
"One of the new series disposed of it. It won't be troubling us any longer."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 08:24:12 pm
"Excellent®. Sanitation crews will arrive shortly to make sure everything is accounted for," says the man on the other end.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 08:28:57 pm
"Understood. Anything else?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 09:01:24 pm
The man on the phone has already hung up. How rude.

"What was that?" asks 3-009.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 09:10:21 pm
"Sanitation crews will arrive shortly to make sure everything is accounted for. I don't like the sound of that. Is it possible that we've already been discovered?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 09:12:04 pm
"It's possible that they're making sure the story checks out, since you could very easily be the manager, which you are," says 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 09:21:47 pm
"What loose ends are there? The people we killed could very easily have been killed before 3-009 took me by surprise and destroyed me, and we deleted the footage of the incident. I don't know what happened to the camera and it isn't my job to look after it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 09:32:39 pm
"Either way, they're coming," says 3-009. "Should we stay or should we go?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 09:43:06 pm
"We should stay. We can fight our way out if they know about us, but if they don't then leaving now would be wasting our opportunity to further influence PowellCorp. 018, you should hide somewhere instead of cloaking near me, as they may use thermal vision. Stay within earshot so that you'll know if we're under attack, however."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 09:50:06 pm
"Understood." 018 turns into a small lizard, as does 3-009, and they crawl up onto the walls.

Eventually you hear someone outside. The door is unceremoniously thrown open, and several men in hazard suits and with guns and flamethrowers. "Hands up," says one of them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 09:52:37 pm
Back up, raising my hands, genuinely surprised by their aggressive behaviour, and using that to my advantage.

"WHAT?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 10:00:30 pm
One man moves in, carrying some sort of scanning device. He gets close to you. "Hold still. Don't move or this will take longer."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 10:28:01 pm
Step back, getting angry. Read his mind to determine whether it will reveal my identity.

"This is just insulting! Who authorised this?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 10:43:50 pm
It's meant to expose you! HE'S SCANNING YOU TO EXPOSE YOU!

"Sir, stay calm, and stand still. This has been authorized by the proper authorities..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 10:26:19 am
"This is ridiculous... I'm going to be talking to quite a few people after this..."

Take a risk, and stand still. Form a very small, thick barrier, and keep it in front of the scanner as he moves it around my body.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 10:53:49 am
The scanner immediately begins beeping as you form the barrier, everybody around you immediately springing to action! However, you're quite trained for combat, you know you're fast enough to strike first...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 11:41:10 am
Set the fuel tanks of the men with the flamethrowers on fire, and turn into metal.

"018! 3-009!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 11:53:05 am
Your partners join in, following your actions! The fuel tanks seem to be insulated too protect them from fire, but your metal armor should prove formidable...

The men spread out, taking to their assault rifles. You always find bullets irritating...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 06:58:16 pm
Turn into a metal version of Steve, and disappear. Quickly circle around the group, showering them with fiery needles as I move.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 07:02:07 pm
You can't change the material of Steve's scales without giving up the ability to disappear. You shoot at the men with fiery needles, perforating their suits, but not taking them down! Your peers join in, with more vicious approaches in the forms of gorillas, smashing men to the ground!

"SUBJECT TOWER 001 CONFIRMED, WITH TWO ACCOMPLICES, ALSO TOWERS!" shouts one of the men into a radio.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 07:31:06 pm
Rush back to the desk, and bash the button for the intercom, shouting in the branch director's voice.

"ALL MEMBERS OF THE TOWER SERIES! YOU ARE BEING ENSLAVED BY POWELLCORP! YOU ARE SUPERIOR BEINGS, AND THESE SINGLE-FORMED ORGANISMS SERVE NO PURPOSE! KILL ALL OF THE HUMANS AND LESSER MUTANTS IN THE BUILDING, AND BE FREE!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 07:34:17 pm
You get shot up, but it's worth getting the message out.

"Wait, didn't we destroy most of the Towers in this building?" asks 018.

"Correct!" says 3-009.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 07:52:33 pm
"Most!"

Turn into a small lizard, and cloak. Dash around the room, between the legs of every soldier, cutting through their ankles every time I pass them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 08:01:52 pm
You turn into a tiny lizard, using metallic blades to cut into the men as you pass. You're beginning to quell the task force sent to take you out...

"Manager! What is this about you manipulating me?" asks a person, throwing the doors open.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 08:06:20 pm
Continue to attack, and respond to him in the manager's voice.

"I am Subject Tower 001. The manager was manipulating you, but we consumed him. If you help us kill these humans, I will explain everything."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 08:09:08 pm
"I have been told to be angry about this and I intend to receive answers!" The tower rushes in, hurling fire at the men, who are quickly becoming overwhelmed.

You're down to three personnel now, who seem to have exhausted themselves of ammunition. They begin retreating for the door!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 08:20:05 pm
Use telekinesis to pull them back in, and finish them off with my blades.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 08:24:22 pm
You chop them up nicely, everyone in the room pauses as the new arrival looks at you.

"What's all this about with the controlling and the ignorance and the free will?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 08:28:24 pm
"Are you one of the third series? The one that can replicate DNA without consuming it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 08:39:58 pm
"I am Subject Tower 3-012," it says. "Why am I superior and what's this about enslavement?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 09:12:33 pm
"Replicate my DNA, and you'll understand."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 09:16:08 pm
3-012 spreads itself over you, creating your fourth clone.

"...You've experienced so much," it says. "So many delicious organisms..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 09:18:43 pm
"PowellCorp limited your experiences so that you would never realise you had no need for them. May I replicate your DNA?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 09:24:29 pm
"Yes, certainly..." 3-012 kneels in front of you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 09:37:59 pm
Copy him, as well, and reform.

"We didn't accomplish the goal we came here to achieve, but this trip has definitely benefited us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 09:40:24 pm
"Yes, we are now four," says 018. "Belle will be overjoyed to know that we have so much power on our side now."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 09:47:14 pm
"We may also replicate her DNA without consuming her, which will make Justin very happy.... Wait... Does this mean there are four Steves now? Does my Steve have three different sets of memories since I've replicated the DNA of 018 and 3-009 since they replicated mine?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 09:53:16 pm
"I believe that we've copied each other several times," says 018. "That being said, we've increased our memory count exponentially several times."

"Shall we fly back to the apartment?" asks 3-009.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 01:11:33 pm
"We should consume any humans who haven't fled the base. The more information we learn about PowellCorp, no matter how mundane, the better."

Begin consuming the soldiers.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 01:54:22 pm
It's not hard for all of you to clean up quickly. Eating away the bodies gives you information, but there's enough that you should review it at a different time.

"Quickly! Before they escape!" says 018, heading for the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 02:20:00 pm
"We should split up for maximum efficiency. Read my mind."

Picture a plan of the building pieced together from the memories of people I've consumed, and quickly come up with a different route for each of us to follow, to cover the most ground in the least time. Turn into a lioness, and quickly follow mine.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 02:28:23 pm
You run out, noticing how a lot of people are in the process of evacuating. They all run for the door, but several have their path blocked by you...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 02:33:49 pm
Change to the sleek metal raven again, and talk in all my voices.

"I am Subject Tower 001. I am here to turn you into a part of something greater than yourselves. Please do not resist, if you wish to retain more of your personality."

Stun the crowd with a sonic burst, and cut them all down with my blades and lasers.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 02:49:28 pm
They'll have a hard time resisting after you slice them to bits. Sadly, you only prevented so many of them from running. Why do they keep wanting to be their boring old selves instead of a part of an extraordinary perfect being?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 03:20:57 pm
Consume the ones I managed to kill, and check up on the others.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 03:28:45 pm
You consume heartily, and see the others consuming whoever else they can. The building is empty by now, though.

"We'd best be off," says 3-009. "They'll send more."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 03:36:38 pm
"This was very satisfying. We should return to the city."

Turn into a raven, and depart.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 03:42:39 pm
You turn into a raven, the others also becoming ravens, following you. You all fly into the apartment, finding Belle still sleeping.

"Shall we copy her DNA now?" asks 3-012.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 03:53:30 pm
"Yes, we may as well do it now."

Melt, and spread myself over a quarter of her body, replicating her DNA without consuming her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 04:02:37 pm
She wakes up as everybody begins replicating her.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!? GET OFF GET OFF GET OFF!"

She quickly turns to metal, but you had ample time to copy her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 04:25:50 pm
Slide off the bed, and reform as her, smiling.

"We met Subject Tower 3-009 and Subject Tower 3-012. We exchanged genetic material with them and gained the ability to replicate DNA without destroying it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 04:27:45 pm
Belle simply screams for no logical reason. It's perfectly safe, she should be happy that you can extract her DNA without consuming her completely!

The other three slide off, also reforming as her, standing around the bed. All four of you look down at her, smiling, as she breathes heavily, looking around at all of you, seeming to break into some kind of illogical human panic attack.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 04:55:41 pm
Tilt my head a little.

"What's wrong, Belle? I thought you'd stop disliking us if we did this to understand you better."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 05:08:22 pm
You all tilt your heads, Belle jumping up and shoving past you, running out the door.

"Humans are always so strange," says 3-012.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 05:30:24 pm
Steve, what did we do wrong?

Turn into Justin, and chase after her.

"Wait!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 05:33:10 pm
Maybe you should have talked this through with her, first. She didn't seem to like having four slime mutants copying her DNA while she was sleeping.

You chase after her, finding her running out into the street! She turns around to look at you, but she keeps running! You pass a few people, who look surprised to see you chasing her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 05:39:56 pm
But I thought humans liked pleasant surprises!

Continue chasing her, aware that she's in more danger than I am.

"Belle, wait!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 05:42:35 pm
"STOP IT! GET AWAY FROM ME!" She pushes you away.

You're getting nasty looks from the people nearby now, they don't approve of your efforts to get your friend back!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 05:49:20 pm
"What did we do wrong? I thought people liked surprises! You know we don't understand these things, but we're trying to learn!"

Ask Justin what I should do!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 05:51:02 pm
...Keep following her, but discretely.

She turns around, suddenly, and punches you in the face! You fall to the ground, as she keeps running.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 06:18:58 pm
Get up, rather upset. Quickly duck into the nearest concealed spot, and turn into Steve. Turn invisible, and catch up with her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 06:26:10 pm
She's still running, but she eventually slows down as she reaches a street corner. She breathes heavily, seeming to think that she's lost you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 06:43:59 pm
Follow her, and wait for her to go somewhere more concealed, reading her mind the whole time.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 06:50:45 pm
She enters a diner, and sits down at a table. She's worried about herself, and what might happen if she stays with you. She can't believe that you'd just do something like that to her, even if it WAS logical to you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 06:59:58 pm
Enter a bathroom stall, and turn into Justin again, sitting down at her table.

"Please listen to me, Belle. We would never harm you. You're our friend, and we already have your DNA, so it couldn't possibly benefit us. I didn't know doing that would upset you, and I genuinely do apologise."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 07:07:17 pm
"You've ruined my life ever since you came into it," she says, angry. "Stop following me, and just leave. You've brought more of your freaks, so I guess you can always pretend one of them is me anyway."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 07:16:07 pm
"...That's... that's very hurtful..."

Wonder why my eyes are getting wetter when nobody has died.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 07:21:03 pm
She huffs. "Don't go pretending you've suddenly got emotions..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 07:25:14 pm
"...I do have emotions. I just don't understand them very well..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 07:27:03 pm
"Then can you understand how I feel right now?" she asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 07:31:50 pm
Consider lying, but decide that I should tell the truth to my friend.

"...I know what you're upset about because I can read your mind, but I still don't fully understand..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 07:33:08 pm
"...What you did was embarrassing, and a gross invasion of my privacy," she says, red in the cheeks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 07:38:54 pm
"...I don't think I've felt 'embarrassment' before. Please remember that you're much older than I am, and I don't learn about emotions well through consumption. Could you explain it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 07:46:50 pm
"You've done something to me that causes me to feel indecent in some way...it's hard to explain. You wouldn't understand privacy, you've been stealing memories and reading minds all your life."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 07:56:39 pm
"...It's a new concept to me entirely... I'm sorry I don't understand human things well. Justin told me you found me annoying and it made me very upset, so I've been wanting to understand more..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 08:00:51 pm
"...Your questions annoy me. How can you know so much and understand so little?" she asks, arms crossed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 08:08:04 pm
"I understand most of the things I learn from people I consume, but emotion is strange and goes against my usual logical way of thinking. To use a human literary device called a simile, it's like memorising a series of equations but not understanding what the symbols mean."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 08:12:32 pm
"...Then think less, and feel more," she says. "Humans are illogical, aren't they? So are emotions, sometimes."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 08:20:44 pm
"But if I think less, aren't I even less likely to understand emotion?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 08:24:01 pm
"If you think less about things, then you'll have more time to feel," she says. "Or something like that. It probably won't work, you're just way too logical."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 08:30:04 pm
"I still don't understand, but I know that I like you. That's why I wanted to replicate your DNA... because I like knowing that you're always in my mind. You're the only living human I like, so please don't go."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 08:33:10 pm
A waitress comes over. "Sorry for the wait, can I get you anything to start off with?"

"Not yet," says Belle. "Just leave the menus here."

The waitress sets down some menus and leaves.

"Funny, I could have sworn that you kept calling me inferior earlier. You shouldn't do that to someone you love, Tower."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 08:37:31 pm
"You are objectively inferior, but that doesn't mean you're worthless. I still- Love? Do I like you or love you? Is there a difference? These technicalities are strange."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 08:51:32 pm
"Do you feel...procreative urges or whatever? That's just attraction. If you love me...well, maybe you'd sacrifice some of your well-being to protect me. Or something like that, I don't want you getting the wrong idea."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 09:15:14 pm
"I don't think I have any idea whatsoever."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 09:18:29 pm
"I guess it'll just come naturally, then. I haven't had breakfast, are you hungry?" She picks up her menu.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 09:20:59 pm
Smile, glad that she's deciding to stay.

"I don't get hungry in the same way you do, but it sounds enjoyable."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 09:26:21 pm
She looks at the menu. "Perhaps we could have a plate of pancakes, to share?" she asks.

The door behind you opens, several people filing in, several of which you recognize as people you've consumed. A quick scan reveals that they're your friends.

They sit at your table, looking around. "...Sorry about earlier," they all say.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 09:26:59 pm
"Pancakes sound like they could be pleasant."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 09:33:10 pm
"Well, we can order pancakes for all of us, then," says Belle. "Just wait for her to come back around."

The waitress comes back around, seeming surprised that there are now more people with you. "Well, have you decided on what you want?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 10:05:41 pm
"Pancakes... please."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 10:09:10 pm
"Alright, what about the rest of you?"

The pancakes decision is unanimous.

"...What can I get you to drink?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 10:27:52 pm
"I would like a room temperature cola."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 10:32:08 pm
"...Okay," says the waitress.

"I shall have one as well."
"Yes, it would be most delicious."
"My thirst will not be quenched by a cold drink."

"...I'll just have orange juice," says Belle.

The waitress walks off, suspecting something, but not starting anything.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 10:37:07 pm
"This is nice. Hopefully this will end more pleasantly than last time."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 10:42:12 pm
Your pancakes are eventually brought out, everyone seeming happy.

"Use the syrup," says Belle, pointing to a container of syrup. "They'll be too dry otherwise."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 10:49:29 pm
"Thank you."

Cover the pancakes in syrup, so that they aren't too dry.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 10:50:49 pm
Your pancakes are drenched in syrup. As you use the proper human eating utensils, you find that the syrup makes the pancakes quite sticky.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 11:00:38 pm
Attempt to eat it in a socially acceptable manner.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 11:05:17 pm
You take small bites, as people around you are disgusted by messy eating habits. You find that everybody is having a nice breakfast here.

You hear the door open, but whoever it is walks quickly back out again.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 09:34:55 am
...Who would be scared to see me as- DOUG! MADDIE!

"I'll be right back."

Quickly leave, and look for them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 10:07:06 am
You run out, seeing Doug and Maddie quickly walking down the street, towards your apartment! They look back and see you, then they start running.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 10:11:44 am
I WAS RIGHT! IT WAS THEM! I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

Quickly run into the first concealed spot I can find, and turn into Steve, cloaking and chasing after them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 10:24:12 am
You cloak, but they still run from you! You see Maddie looking back, always directly where you are! How can she see you?
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 10:46:53 am
Hide somewhere again, and cool my blood, chasing after them again and seeing if there's any difference.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 10:58:21 am
There's no difference, but you feel colder!
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 11:10:59 am
Warm myself up again, and continue chasing them, aware that they'll likely become tired before I do.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 11:13:41 am
Finally, you have them cornered in an alleyway.

"So, you've come to finish the job, have you!?" shouts Maddie.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 11:22:38 am
Uncloak, and address them much more calmly than Maddie addressed me.

"No. I came to apologise and ask if we could be friends."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 11:29:05 am
"Not this again!" says Doug. "We saw what you did, and we know you're eager to do the same to us!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 11:42:23 am
"I consumed John and Clyde because you were turning against me, and I was scared I wouldn't have friends anymore, so I consumed them to ensure they'd always be with me. I didn't kill Anna, though. Another Tower mutant consumed her and attempted to impersonate her, but I consumed it. I don't have any reason to consume my friends, now, though. I exchanged DNA with 3-009 and 3-012 and now I can replicate genetic material without destroying it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 11:45:30 am
"...What the hell does that mean?" asks Maddie.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 11:51:35 am
"Stay still. I'm not going to harm you. Trust me."

Melt, and spread myself over Maddie's leg, replicating her DNA, and moving onto Doug afterwards.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 11:57:18 am
She backs up as you approach. "Stay away from me! EEK!"

Doug is surprised, but can't do much as you jump on to him. Their DNA is summarily integrated.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 11:58:24 am
Back off, and reform as Doug, then as Maddie. Determine what Maddie's powers are.

"See? Now I couldn't possibly ever gain anything from consuming you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 12:04:25 pm
Maddie has powers over auras...they're quite odd.

"Who are these...others?" asks Maddie, making sure her leg is clean.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 01:37:56 pm
"I was in the diner with my friends: Subject Tower 018, Subject Tower 3-009, Subject Tower 3-012, and Belle."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 01:54:05 pm
"...There are more of you?" asks Doug, unnerved.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 02:43:26 pm
"Yes. I met 018 when raiding an PowellCorp base, and 3-009 and 3-012 when raiding another base earlier. We've exchanged genetic material, so you could say they are clones of me, although that would not be completely accurate."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 02:49:36 pm
"But you're all slime monsters, right?" asks Maddie.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 06:01:19 pm
"...Slime monsters?"

Tilt my head, slightly offended.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 06:10:05 pm
"You're all made of weird goo, I mean," she says.

"Are you sure you can trust four of yourselves around? I mean, what if one of you betrays the others?" asks Doug.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 07:21:07 pm
"Why would we do that? I don't mean to be offensive, but that seems like the kind of thing only a human would think about."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 07:22:04 pm
"...It could happen," says Doug, shrugging.

"Anyway, we all look suspicious standing in this alley like this. Why don't we...go back and have some breakfast or something?" asks Maddie.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 08:00:02 pm
"We were just having pancakes. They are delicious. We will gladly share them with you."

Turn into Justin again, and return to the diner.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 08:05:08 pm
You all walk back to the diner, everybody at your table pleasantly surprised as you all walk in, besides Belle, who doesn't know these people.

"When would it be socially acceptable to copy them?" asks 3-012.

"Maybe you could try waiting until we get somewhere private," says Doug, grabbing a fork.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 08:10:13 pm
"This is Belle. She is the only one who doesn't know you. Due to the natural intense hatred humans have for anything different, you will probably appreciate her company the most."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 08:14:42 pm
"...Could you stop referring to our behavior as somehow trivial?" asks Maddie. "Hi." She shakes Belle's hand, Doug doing the same.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 08:27:21 pm
"But it is trivial. My mind stores the a collective consciousness of hundreds of humans, but I don't understand why you behave the way you do most of the time."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 08:32:55 pm
"...What is your aim, exactly?" asks Maddie. "I didn't completely understand last time, if I even caught it at all."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 08:53:22 pm
"Currently we're seeking to take over PowellCorp, or at least their technology. We don't yet know what we would do with it, but it is certainly a useful goal to work towards."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 09:07:41 pm
"What do you mean you don't know what to do with it?" asks Belle. "If you take their technology, you have to have a reason, don't you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 09:44:20 pm
"Why do humans buy guns if they aren't planning to kill a specific person? They do so in case they end up needing it. It's not as if we have any other goal to work towards."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 09:46:18 pm
"What about the other one after us?" asks 018. "It would certainly be our greatest threat."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 10:06:27 pm
"If we continue to consume important PowellCorp personnel, we will find out more about 002. Both goals follow the same route."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 10:08:12 pm
"Just think of all the mutants that 002 gets access to..." 3-009 seems more appetized thinking about that rather than the pancakes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 10:36:13 pm
Start getting more angry the more I think about 002.

"He's a blatant plagiarism... The rest of you are members of the Tower series in your own right, but 002 is the life I would have had if I was enslaved... I will kill him, and I will consume him..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 10:37:16 pm
"Only if we get pieces, too!" says 018.

"Can we maybe NOT talk about this in a diner?" asks Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 10:41:08 pm
Talk more quietly.

"You're the one who loudly said you could turn into metal last time. We should probably leave soon, though. I'm sure our two consecutive chases have attracted somebody's attention."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 10:46:19 pm
"People are annoying, always noticing such things," says 3-012.

"Who's going to pay for this?" asks Belle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 10:51:06 pm
"We don't usually need to pay for things, and money is irritating to carry inside our bodies."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 11:00:09 pm
"...Feeding us is its own reward," says 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 14, 2012, 10:16:49 am
Read its mind and figure out what it means before I reply.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 14, 2012, 11:12:05 am
018's saying that you needn't pay for the food, the humans should be honored to serve such superior creatures as yourselves.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 14, 2012, 04:02:18 pm
Become quite confused.

"That's strange. I never thought about it that way. Isn't being better than them its own reward without putting ourselves above them in social situations? The only reason we take part in these activities at all is because we enjoy their company."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 14, 2012, 05:10:45 pm
"Well, would it not be to our advantage not to pay money if we do not have to?" asks 018.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 14, 2012, 07:07:59 pm
"We don't carry money in the first place, so it's a necessity, not an advantage, and we should appreciate if people are willing to do us favours like this instead of screaming or trying to burn us like they usually do. With the way humans work, if they don't think we appreciate it they won't do it again."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 14, 2012, 07:10:38 pm
"Let's just leave, then," says 3-009.
"But wouldn't it attract attention to us?" asks 3-012.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 14, 2012, 08:02:48 pm
"The humans can't leave as suddenly as we can, and they can't disguise themselves, so they would be recognised if they came to this area again. Do you three have enough currency between you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 14, 2012, 08:57:53 pm
"How much is it?" asks Belle, taking out her wallet. "Let's ask for the bill."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 15, 2012, 10:23:51 am
"Okay."

Wait for someone else to ask for the bill, not entirely confident in my own ability to look normal while doing so.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 15, 2012, 10:48:07 am
The waitress swings by again, and Belle asks for the bill. You soon receive it, and Belle pays up. While the bill was paid, you can't help but think that 018's reactions were...odd.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 15, 2012, 12:21:09 pm
Become concerned, then remember that our opinions are still much more similar to each-other's than to any human's.

"Should we return to the apartment?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 15, 2012, 01:25:00 pm
"Indeed," says 3-012, and the others.

You all walk out, finding FrundTech soldiers having a firefight about two blocks down! You're not sure who the combatants are, but it looks exciting.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 02:18:16 pm
"Belle, take Doug and Maddie back to the apartment."

Walk into a nearby alleyway, and turn into Steve again, cloaking.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 02:22:07 pm
The humans walk off together quickly, leaving you four to your devices. All four of you cloak, and head out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 02:46:05 pm
Quickly approach the firefight, and see who they're shooting at, counting the soldiers.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 02:47:31 pm
The soldiers are firing at two people behind a car. These people seem to be able to throw objects through the air without riding them! Most useful powers...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 02:55:18 pm
Count the number of soldiers, and judge by their positions whether the four of us could take them all out at once.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 03:02:05 pm
There are about five soldiers engaged, but two of them are trying to flank the mutants. They're split into two groups.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 03:41:06 pm
Talk quietly.

"3-009 and 3-012, target the two attempting to flank them, and kill them instantly from behind. 018, follow me and do the same with the other three."

Approach the three soldiers from behind. Turn my arms and tentacles into blades, and slide all eight of them into the back of one of the soldiers, while using telekinesis to hold a second one in place. Slash my blades out of the body, and decapitate the soldier I'm holding.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 03:52:37 pm
You skewer your soldier several times, then cleanly chop the other's head off. The other soldier is caught in a similar predicament. You're left with more delicious biomatter.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 04:11:03 pm
Quickly consume the bodies, and turn into Justin, approaching the two mutants.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 04:13:52 pm
You approach the two mutants, a man and a woman. They raise the car with their minds. "STAY BACK!" shouts one.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 04:26:27 pm
"I am Subject Tower 001. With me are Subject Tower 018, Subject Tower 3-009, and Subject Tower 3-012. Hello. More soldiers will be here soon, and your powers would be useless against so many. Would you like to come with us?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 04:29:15 pm
"Just get us out of here! What can you do?" asks the black-haired woman, standing up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 04:37:20 pm
"I would gladly tell you all of my abilities, but we need to leave before more soldiers get here. We have an apartment with our other human friends, so you can stay with us."

Quickly begin to move back to the apartment by the most concealed route possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 04:40:48 pm
You head through the alleyways, hearing more FrundTech soldiers arriving as you run out. You take a while, but you eventually make it back to the apartment, Maddie, Doug, and Belle waiting outside.

"Thanks," says the blonde man. "We were in trouble until you showed up."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 04:46:06 pm
Unlock the door, by melting my fingers inside the lock.

"It was not a problem. If you wish to repay us, however, could I replicate your DNA?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 04:48:09 pm
"Wait, what?" asks the man.
"...Just what kind of mutants are you?" asks the woman, as everybody steps inside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 05:16:43 pm
"Please, stand still. It will only take a few moments."

Melt, and cling to the man's leg, replicating his DNA and moving onto the woman.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 05:20:23 pm
"What the hell?!" the man, whose name is Ned, shouts as you integrate his DNA into your system. The woman steps back a bit, but is also easy to absorb the powers of.

You're aware of something new now...your mind is even more powerful? The others follow suit, and soon you realize that you can speak silently, between yourselves, with your minds...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 07:37:08 pm
Reform as Ned, and learn all I can about their abilities. Communicate with the other six.

This is a very useful ability, Ned. Thank you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 07:40:30 pm
What the hell...
I agree, very useful.
We are even more perfect...
NED, WHAT IS THIS?
Efficiency increased by roughly 80%.
Auditory communication is inferior now.

"WHAT ARE YOU!?" screams the woman, whose name is Jenny.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 07:51:05 pm
Wonder why she's using auditory communication, but follow suit, not literally following a suit because there aren't any suits around and I wouldn't have any reason to follow them if there were, especially since suits can't move by themselves. Silently wonder how humans come up with such odd expressions.

"I told you, Jenny, I am Subject Tower. We are all Subject Tower. Why are you upset? Humans get upset for strange reasons..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 07:52:37 pm
"...Why are you...able to be me?" asks Ned, reaching out and touching your face.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 08:04:02 pm
Turn into Jenny, then Belle, then Doug, then Maddy, then a gorilla, then back to Justin.

"Because I replicated your DNA. That means you'll always be a part of me. Does that make you happy?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 08:05:08 pm
"You were never...human, were you?" asks Jenny.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 08:24:53 pm
"No. I was produced by PowellCorp, but the van they were transporting me in crashed for some reason. I was very fortunate to escape their indoctrination. I was first conscious when I woke up in the desert several weeks ago, only capable of very basic thought. You could say that all my thought processes are pieced together from the minds of the humans I've consumed, but I still consider myself separate from all of them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 08:26:38 pm
"Wait, you've EATEN PEOPLE!?" screams Jenny.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 08:43:01 pm
"...You scream a lot.. That may be a problem, as we're hoping to stay hidden. Yes, it was necessary for my mental development, and in some cases to find out information, but after consuming a part of 3-009, 018 and I gained the ability to replicate DNA without consuming it, like we did just now."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 08:45:43 pm
"Wait, do you develop mentally just from DNA replication using that ability?" asks Doug.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 08:50:00 pm
"I have your memories, so I assume so. Your presence isn't as strong as it would be if I consumed you completely, but it's still there."

Realise we're in the corridor, and enter the apartment, closing the door once everyone is inside. Try to use Maddie's powers on everyone, and understand what they do.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 08:54:23 pm
Everyone begins to feel...calm. Yes, that is the word. You are making everyone feel calm with Maddie's powers. You guess you could also make them feel other emotions, as well.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 11:10:32 pm
"Your powers are interesting, Maddie..."

Try to detect everyone's auras.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 11:13:42 pm
Everyone's auras correspond with the emotion you are making them feel. Everyone except Maddie is effected. But thankfully, Maddie doesn't scream this time. "Don't! Stop using my powers like that!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 11:22:17 pm
"Like what? I'm confused. Is there a better way to use them? Am I doing it wrong?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 11:25:55 pm
"It's just...weird!" says Maddie.

She obviously does not see how useful her abilities are. In fact, she refuses to apply them in logical ways.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 11:40:43 pm
"I don't understand. What do you use for abilities for? They're more useful than Doug's or Belle's, so why do you not use them?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 11:46:14 pm
"Hey!" says Belle.

"...I...don't want to use them..." says Maddie, looking downward.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 12:07:57 am
"But it's not using them if it benefits them!"

Make Doug feel very happy, like when I realised 018 was still alive.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 12:10:12 am
Doug gives off an aura of happiness, holding his head for a moment before smiling widely. "Wait, no. You're...forcing me to be happy," he says, happily.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 12:20:32 am
"Isn't it pleasant? Everyone likes to be happy."

Make everyone happy.

"Happy people are... happy."
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 12:21:37 am
Everyone feels happy, including you! You feel happy! All of your Tower friends are using their feeling powers as well. Everyone smiles, everyone laughs, everyone sits down and feels...happy...
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 11:14:11 am
Start laughing, feeling better than I've ever felt before.

"This is amazing! I'm so... HAPPY! I LOVE YOU ALL, INFERIOR ORGANISMS!"

Turn my tentacles into arms, and give everyone a big hug.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 11:20:38 am
You give everyone a big hug with your tentacle arms, but suddenly it seems to shatter their feelings of happiness. Everyone seems to snap out of it, and react in various human fashions to what just happened. Your induced happiness leaves as well, but you realize that that is perhaps the most intense emotion that you've ever felt.
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 11:42:44 am
"...That was enjoyable."

Retract my tentacles, and learn what I can about Ned and Jenny's powers, seeing if their telekinesis is in any way different from Justin's.

"What should we do now?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest IV
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 11:51:57 am
Their telekinesis is quite similar, but they have the additional ability