I Wanna Be The Forums!

General Category => General Games! => I Wanna Be the Quest => Topic started by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 04:10:54 pm

Title: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 04:10:54 pm
You wake up like you do every morning, as the early light streaming through a crack in the wall passes across your face.

You sit up on your soiled mattress, observing your sorry excuse for a place to live, as the sun slowly rises outside. There really isn't a lot to look at, besides the four cheap walls that barely give you room to breathe, the heavy metal door with the plank you nailed over it, and your nearly empty backpack. Your jacket lies next to the backpack, and you're wearing all your other clothes.

You guess you're hungry, so you should probably figure out how you're planning to eat today.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 04:14:23 pm
> Put on jacket, examine contents of backpack
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 04:34:04 pm
You've got a hammer and a good amount of loose nails. The abandoned storage room you're living in doesn't have a lock, but the door opens inwards, so you just board it up every night.

There's also the fake driver's license you managed to get somebody to make you, identifying you as "Drake Hellbolt." You got it for free because the guy who made it was just starting out and needed to practice, so it wouldn't hold up to any serious testing, but it's well made enough to convince most people that that's your real name, and it'd probably trick most cops.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 04:39:39 pm
> Remove nail, open the door
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 04:46:42 pm
You pry the nails out with the back of your hammer, and let the plank drop to the ground.

You leave the storage room, stepping into a bland, cold corridor of whatever this building used to be. You take a left, and start moving until you reach the emergency door. You walk down the metal steps of the outdoor fire escape, feeling a little warmer to be out in the sunlight. You reach the bottom, and find yourself in an alleyway, back in the shade again. The general area is pretty run-down, but there are some restaurants nearby that actually throw things out.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 04:53:58 pm
> Head that way, getting a whiff of inner-city air
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 05:21:38 pm
You leave the alley, getting a good, deep smell of the car fumes from the traffic jam on the poorly built, narrow road outside the alley. You don't bother trying to cross, and follow the footpath, until you pass an electronics store. Several televisions are on display in the window, showing the news as if somebody actually wants to hear it. President Miller is making yet another ridiculous speech.

"...and while some of you might be losing hope in America, I still believe. If every American citizen believes in our great country, we can get our economy back on track, and repair our foreign relations. We'll show the rest of the world what it means to be the land of the free. America is the only country where..."

You're now mercifully out of earshot. It's all bullshit. There wasn't a single competent candidate running for the 2016 elections, and Miller won by being one of the few that wasn't a lunatic. Two years later, the economy is worse than it ever was to the point where even getting a job is nearly impossible, and your degree amounts to fuck all. Now you've got no way to pay off your insane student debts, so you had to move to the other side of the country, and disappear in New York City.

A few minutes later, you reach the back of a bakery. Somebody steps outside to throw a small bag into the dumpster, and walks back in without looking at you.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 05:27:07 pm
> Walk up and take the bag without hesitation, then walk off.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 05:43:03 pm
You open the dumpster, used to the stench by now, and take out the bag, walking off with it. You look inside, finding four small loaves of stale bread. It's more than they usually throw out, and it should last you the day, so you'd be in a pretty good mood if you weren't eating out of the trash.

That's pretty much all you had to do today, but you don't feel like going back to you room when it's not even ten in the morning. You feel like breaking something, but no ideas spring to mind at the minute.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 05:48:12 pm
> Go find a traffic sign, yank off the sign
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 06:07:05 pm
You wander around until you find a street with nobody around, reaching up and trying to yank a sign off its post. It's actually pretty sturdy, and takes a few moments to remove. Afterwards, however, you're holding your very own stop sign, wondering if it's absence will cause any crashes, but figuring nobody pays much attention to the signs around here, anyway.

"What the hell are you doing?" shouts a man behind you, at the other end of the street.

You turn. Two cops. Just your luck.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 06:18:22 pm
> Growl, taking off down the nearest alleyway
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 06:22:15 pm
You run off, the cops chasing after you, fumbling for their tasers.

You might be able to pawn the stop sign and say it's a replica, but it's also slowing you down. You can either find somewhere to hide in one of these alleyways, or get rid of it and try to outrun them.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 06:30:16 pm
> Keep running, trying to find a good place to duck into
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 07:46:59 pm
The alleyway turns right into another one, and you sprint down it, before realising there's a chain-link fence halfway down the alleyway for some reason!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 07:51:23 pm
> Drop the sign and jump it
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 07:54:19 pm
You climb up pretty quickly, and you're about to through your weight over the top when you fall back down, a painful electric current running through your body. You struggle as one cop holds you down, and the other moves in to handcuff you.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 08:01:22 pm
> Spit in his face
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 08:07:24 pm
You spit in the guy's face just as the handcuffs click around your wrists. He's pissed, and kicks you in the head a few times, causing you to black out.

You wake up tied tightly to a chair, the only sound you hear is an echoing drip in the distance. The ropes chafe your wrists, and your head hurts like fuck.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 08:12:33 pm
"Goddammit...fucking cops..."

> Wait
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 09:20:14 pm
You wait for a couple of minutes, looking around the pretty dark room. You're in some kind of basement, and it doesn't look like it's in use. You're definitely not at the station.

"He'll probably co-operate when he's tied to a chair." says one cop, as they enter the room through the far door.

"Hey, Drake." says the other. "We found your ID, but we still have some questions. Let's start simple: where do you live?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 09:27:15 pm
"You could call me a vagrant, I suppose. I don't really LIVE anywhere, and I wouldn't want to pay a king's ransom for a house in this shithole."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 11:31:03 am
They walk closer to you, closing the door behind them.

"...The thing about being homeless is that nobody asks any questions if you go missing, so keep that in mind."

"What were you doing with the stop sign?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 11:42:53 am
"I was running with it."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 11:46:54 am
They think about your answer for about two seconds with confused expressions, before suddenly getting angry. One takes out his baton, and hits you hard across the face.

"Don't you fucking play around with us! Why did you take it down?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 11:49:38 am
> Spit out blood, getting angry as well

"I WANTED TO FUCKING BREAK SOMETHING..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 11:50:47 am
"WELL MAYBE WE WANT TO BREAK SOMETHING!"

The other gets out his pepperspray, and the bastard maces you!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 11:58:38 am
"MOTHERFUCKER!"

> Struggle against bonds
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 12:28:32 pm
You struggle in futility as you're kicked in the chest. Your chair falls back, and your head hits the ground hard.

"Well, now he's a witness."

"Nobody'll notice him go, anyway. Better to be safe than sorry."

You hear liquid sloshing around a container as somebody picks it up.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 12:33:44 pm
"YOU FUCKING RETARDS, THIS IS FUCKING INSANITY! POLICE BRUTALITY! ASSHOLES..."

> Struggle against bonds with increased vigor
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 12:48:35 pm
You struggle desperately as you're covered in gasoline by the two laughing cops. For a moment, you can't hear anything but a single voice, clear and emotionless, asking a simple question.

Do you want to die here?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 12:49:51 pm
> Respond in the most seething, angry way I can

"NO..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 12:57:05 pm
"Oh, so suddenly you're pleading now? Too late."

You hear the sound of a matchbox sliding open, before one of the cops screams in pain, falling to the ground as the other tases him!

The other cop drops his taser, and walks into your field of vision, no expression on his face, as the other struggles to get back up.

"WHAT THE HELL, MAN?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 02:01:28 pm
> Become surprised, watching the scene unfold before me, still breathing heavily from the tension of being beaten covered in gasoline
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 02:58:36 pm
The cop kneels down, and takes off his watch, reaching around your back and fastening it to your left wrist, before standing up.

You feel a shock running through your entire body. Everything you've ever been angry about surges through your mind at the same time, filling you with more hatred than you've ever felt in your life.

They've killed at least ten people in here over the past few years, but you're not going to make it eleven.

You feel different. You feel like you're in complete control over your body. You're flooded with new instincts, showing you how to manipulate yourself, showing you how to transform. You're not sure how much you can manage yet, but it should be enough...

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU TASE ME FOR?"

"I TASED YOU?"

"YES YOU FUCKING DID!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 03:03:05 pm
> Smile maliciously, then begin to change, escaping my bonds, then approaching the two men
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 03:08:38 pm
It's not a matter of willing your body to change. It's an instinct, like moving a muscle. It's agonising, but you cause bloody spikes of bone to emerge from several parts of your body, cutting the ropes in the most important locations.

The two men suddenly notice you as you stand up, both clumsily reaching for their guns.

"What the- How did you?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 03:13:32 pm
"I wouldn't know that either...but the one thing I am certain of right now is HOW MUCH I HATE YOU..."

> Run forward, transforming my arm into a deadly instrument, akin to a sharp and sturdy blade, striking
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 03:19:53 pm
The flesh on your arm dissolves painfully, and the bone shapes itself into a blade as you run forward. You impale the one who had the watch through the chest, as the other turns, and runs for the door.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 03:22:00 pm
> Throw the body down, then pursue the other man, using the power of the summation of all my hatred to power myself forward, in order to tackle him to the ground
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 03:28:22 pm
You tackle him to the ground, inches from the door. He flails around, screaming.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 03:32:31 pm
> Smile, laughing

"I don't know!"

> Reform my arm before turning both of my hands into sharply-clawed appendages, growling as the transformation takes place

"I'm going to cut you. And I'm going to cut you, UNTIL THERE'S NOTHING LEFT TO CUT AT!!!"

> Slash away at him wildly and savagely, succumbing to absolute rage
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 03:43:36 pm
The sound of bones breaking and blood splattering nearly drowns out the sound of him screaming. After less than a minute you're kneeling over a scattered pile of flesh that used to be a person. You've never killed anybody before, but this felt good. It's much more satisfying than petty vandalism. You haven't felt this collected in a while, or this excited. By chance, you've been given so much power... But what do you do with it?

This was a very good idea.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 03:47:10 pm
"Who are you? What is this? It feels...good..."

> Examine wristwatch
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 04:04:56 pm
The watch is made of expensive-looking, but slightly tarnished silver. The white face is cracked through the centre, using Roman numerals in place of numbers. It still works, and it's almost noon. As you look carefully, you see the very faint shadow of a man's head and shoulders, looking back at you.

You can call me Wrath. I usually control the people who wear this watch, but I've been around for a very long time, and there's only so much you can get people to do before it becomes boring.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 04:12:37 pm
"So what was that guy doing wearing this watch? He doesn't seem the type to be worthy of inheriting something belonging to a deity. I can transform, that's interesting. Any other tricks I should be aware of?"

> Attempt to turn leg into a scaly lizard leg, with claws
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 04:28:08 pm
He had no idea what the watch was, but I forced him to keep wearing it. I knew he'd encounter an interesting criminal eventually, and three years later, it seems I was right. You're such a hateful person that I don't even need to make you angrier. I can only advise you to tread lightly. I've never done this before, and I don't know how much your body can take.

You break the bones in your leg and rearrange them a little, before putting them back together. You reshape the bones of your toes into claws. You melt your skin off, but replacing it all with scales is complicated, and takes you about ten minutes. The finished product is perfect, but you're quite sore.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 04:32:21 pm
> Laugh lowly

"Well...I guess the rest of my day just got more interesting."

> Change my leg back to normal, noting how long it takes, then look around and see if they put my stuff somewhere nearby, taking care to steal their weapons and anything else useful they might have
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 04:45:54 pm
It takes about a minute. The normal structure of your bones is more familiar to you, and you can form human skin much faster than scales.

You've hit the jackpot. Two glocks, six clips of ammo, two tasers, two cannisters of pepperspray, two batons, two wallets containing $37.40 between them, two radios, the keys to their car, two cell phones, and all their police identification. Your find your bag by the door, and get everything into it.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 04:49:11 pm
"...I'm going to have a lot of fun with these...I thank you."

> Try to wring the gasoline out of my jacket and shirt before exiting, heading back for my little room
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 04:54:08 pm
I'm going to enjoy watching.

You get most of it out, but you still reek of it. You leave the room, heading up the stairs. You find your way out of the abandoned building, onto the street outside. You're not not familiar with where you are, but you can probably figure out your way back. You can walk, or you can take the police car parked outside.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 04:57:32 pm
> Feel a sense of increased wantonness, and enter the police cruiser, putting the keys in the ignition and driving
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 05:11:53 pm
You get into the car, throwing your bag into the passenger seat, and start driving. The street's pretty empty at the minute, but you're pretty scruffy-looking, and anybody who saw you would know you're not a police officer. A man on the car radio is announcing codes, but you don't understand any of them.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 05:17:28 pm
> Drive this thing until I can pull over somewhere that I recognize and walk from there

Can you hear me like this? I could imagine that it would get awkward just talking to myself all the time.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 05:27:51 pm
Not as easily as when you just speak, but I can hear you.

You find a backstreet you're familiar with without driving past anybody. Good thing, too, considering you're covered in blood and driving a police car. You're able to get to your makeshift apartment without incident.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 05:36:46 pm
> Nail the door shut, consider how I might be able to wash the gore out of my clothes while unpacking all of the loot I took today

"My schedules pretty open...I'll consider going out after I find a way to get the blood out of my clothes. Until then, I haven't eaten today."

> Get out the bread, eat a few slices
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 05:41:31 pm
The plaster's cheap, and boarding up the door is easy.

The bread isn't as bad as it normally is, and you tear off a few chunks, eating until you're not hungry anymore.

You don't have a bathroom, and while you're still soaked, a lot of the blood is dried in by now.

I'm not going to give you advice often, but it's better than watching you attempt to clean yourself. You should be able to shapeshift to have clothes as a part of your body, but it'll be rather slow.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 05:47:03 pm
"The process was never too fast, anyway. Alright...let's try this."

> Remove dirtied clothing, imagining myself wearing my favorite jacket, along with a shirt and the rest of my clothes
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 06:32:02 pm
You sit down, and spend the next hour growing fabric from your body. It's much more difficult than flesh, but you're very happy with the end result.

You'll probably be able to do things faster once you're used to it.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 06:52:34 pm
"I like this. Alright, I guess this is good enough for now. But what exactly can I do around here...I don't know."

> Take a pistol, with two clips, a baton, and the money, then walk out and follow the road
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 07:15:13 pm
You're in New York City, and you can shapeshift. It should be fairly easy to think of something.

You hide the pistol and baton in your jacket, and take your backpack with you. You follow the road, and pass the electronics store again.

"...in related news, Congress has successfully passed the Stop Online Drug Sales Act, the sixth bill passed with the intention of reducing crime by increasing surveillance on the internet."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 07:20:16 pm
"...Fuck."

> Pull out my baton and smash the front window, and as many televisions as I can manage before running off
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 07:27:08 pm
You smash the window and the three most expensive TVs, sprinting off as the store's alarm bell rings. A bystander gets out of a van and chases after you!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 07:31:02 pm
What's this guy's deal?

> Take a turn down a nearby alley, then pull out my gun, aiming it
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 07:41:57 pm
You turn into a dark alley, aiming.

An older man in the blue uniform of a delivery company turns around the corner, talking quickly.

"What the fuck's your problem? You're what's wrong with this- Oh shit, don't shoot!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 07:48:19 pm
"You'd better turn around and start running before I do something rash."

> Keep aiming the gun, absconding if he starts to run for it
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 07:56:00 pm
The man runs off without hesitation, and you run in the opposite direction. You run for a couple of minutes, and you're pretty sure you're far enough away from the scene of the crime.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 07:59:30 pm
That was fulfilling, but it kind of felt unnecessary afterwards. Let's see...maybe I should really think these things through before I do them. I have an idea...it involves shapeshifting, but it's a pretty basic step.

> Loop around, back to my room, then lock the door, and start shapeshifting, becoming a man with blonde hair and green eyes
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 08:13:51 pm
Changing your face is fairly easy, as is your hair. You don't have a mirror, but you're pretty sure it worked.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 08:15:17 pm
"This next one...well, it's also practical."

> Shapeshift into a woman with brown hair and blue eyes
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 08:19:51 pm
It takes a little longer, since it requires more changes in your body structure to be believable, but you manage it in two minutes.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 08:22:46 pm
"Great, let's go find a good time."

> Head out, looking for a bar that I can go to

Shit, I just realized that I only have one fake ID. That's going to be problematic in its own way.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 08:30:10 pm
Why is that a problem?

There are a few bars open by now. There're friendlier, family-orientated ones, and others filled with drunks when it's not even 2pm.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 08:32:38 pm
Well, I'm not going to get off easily if somebody asks for my ID when I clearly don't even look like myself.

> Decide to head into a rough bar
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 08:43:42 pm
Nobody's going to ask for your ID for buying anything anymore, and if you're asked for it by law enforcement, you can always kill them.

You walk into a bar uninspiringly dubbed the Red Eagle, causing all eleven heads in the bar to turn for several seconds, as you're the only woman there. After the others turn back to their beers, a guy sitting at the bar is still looking at you, with a drunk smile.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 08:46:06 pm
> Come in, and sit down, keeping an eye on the one idiot who's probably going to do something embarrassing in a short while
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 08:52:55 pm
Not four seconds after you sit down, the guy is already sitting at your table. You can smell his breath from here.

"Hows about a round on me?" he asks, his speech slurred.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 08:57:58 pm
"How about you fuck off before I give you a smack, you drunken shithead?"

> Get annoyed
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 09:02:58 pm
He stands up, in drunken anger.

"Fuck off, bitch! You're just a... bitch! Get out!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 09:07:07 pm
> Stand up, then give him a strong kick to the face

...You know, this is much more fun than fucking around as my plain old self.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 09:11:00 pm
He's incredibly easy to kick, and drops to the floor like a sack of bricks, the other bar patrons leaving their seats.

It's entertaining, but I'm surprised you haven't done anything truly crazy yet.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 09:13:39 pm
Truly crazy? Well...wait, there's a line between crazy and deranged. Let's not go completely deranged here...

"Anyone else want to fuck me silly? Come on...I'm in the mood to get wild!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 09:18:21 pm
There are ten of them, and the bartender's staying out of it.

"Why the fuck did you come in here?" says one, as the mob starts to converge.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 09:20:37 pm
"I just felt like starting some trouble."

> Pull out my gun, firing off a warning shot

"YOU WANT NUTS? COME ON! LET'S GET NUTS!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 09:24:33 pm
You fire into the ceiling, causing a variety of terrified and angry responses, as everyone starts frantically backing off, and the bartender hides behind the counter.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 09:33:17 pm
"YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF WORTHLESS PIECES OF SHIT! And you know what? I think you could be doing something better than just sitting in here and getting drunk off of your dumb asses. Life is short! How about you go outside, and make a fucking name for yourself? Come on! Do it for me! DO IT FOR THE CRAZY BITCH THAT ALMOST FUCKING KILLED YOU TODAY, AND WILL PROBABLY BE BACK AGAIN!"

> Shoot off another shot, intending to narrowly miss a guy, then dive through a window, running off
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 09:39:46 pm
The patrons start crying out in fear, and duck for cover. You smash a window, and dive through it, getting a good amount of distance between yourself and the bar.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 09:51:37 pm
> Laugh, making sure to slow to a stop, walking around a bit before heading back to my room once more

"How was that performance? Crazy, or not crazy enough? I hope I at least entertained you with that, but these random acts of mayhem just don't feel like I'm working toward anything."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 09:57:21 pm
Crazy, yes, but you could be doing so much more... What are you most angry about? Why haven't you destroyed it yet?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 10:08:06 pm
"...I'm angry about the law enforcement system. A bunch of dipshits who got dragged through high school by the system, realizing that they didn't have any options once they got out, and enrolling in the police academy. These assholes beat people, abuse power that they never should have been given. I'm sure you saw plenty examples of that...I should make some examples out of them...for everyone to see, until they know that this shit is not okay. I also hate the way politics are going these days...cowards, dickholes, they all wear those shit-eating smiles while lying in the face of everyone on national television, giving blowjobs to anybody who throws money their way in lobbying campaigns for all of this bullshit that the braindead public doesn't understand or desire to understand. Because, hey, the government represents our interests, right? Well...no, money's the only principle they follow. This shit makes me mad...but you...you give me the power to do something about it..."

> Slowly begin to boil inside, attempting to use the power of anger and hatred in order to make a tangible force, wielding a power that allows for nothing besides excruciating pain and total destruction
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 03:11:53 pm
In the back of your mind, you can faintly imagine a small smile.

This is why I chose you... and I think it might just pay off...

All the power you'll ever need is right here... And it's only going to keep getting greater...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 03:52:39 pm
"But where should I start..."

> Go outside, climb up to the rooftops
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 04:02:09 pm
You find a wall that looks scalable, but you're not as fit as you like to think you are. You're basically malnourished, and don't have enough upper body strength to climb that far.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 04:26:42 pm
"...I know how to solve this dilemma, but it should be really painful."

> Begin to manipulate my body, sprouting feathers, growing wings, becoming an avian creature, capable of flying onto the rooftops
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 04:53:42 pm
You restrain an agonised scream as you grow new bones from your back, slowly turning into wings over the course of the next half hour. As you do this, you sprout feathers all over your body, and make your face more bird-like in appearance. In forty-five minutes, you're some kind of beautiful monstrosity.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 05:02:48 pm
"Fuck...fuck...shit...okay, it's going to be a while before this gets more manageable...and that while is going to be one LONG, PAINFUL while."

> Test my new wings, then see if I can lift myself up to the roof
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 05:29:00 pm
You flap your wings with a little discomfort, and try to fly upwards, not leaving the ground.

Birds have many hollow bones for a reason.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 05:33:01 pm
"Oh come on..."

> Slowly hollow out bones
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 06:00:14 pm
You begin to hollow out a bone, screaming in agony and falling to the ground after a couple of seconds.

You're getting too ambitious too early. You could always just make yourself stronger if you want to climb the building so badly.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 06:05:08 pm
"MOTHERFUCKER."

> Undo everything, then increase my muscle mass to allow me to climb this building appropriately
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 06:42:47 pm
You find again that it's much easier to revert changes than make new ones.

Increasing your muscle mass is relatively painless, and after a minute, you're as well-built as you've ever wanted to be.

You climb the building, using boarded up windows as footholds. You reach the top, looking down into the street below, and towards the immense skyscrapers towering over the horizon.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 06:47:36 pm
"With this power...I can change the world..."

> Look around for some place that I can use as a makeshift training ground, curious to discover the various utilities of my powers
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 06:52:23 pm
You wouldn't want to train here in case a chopper sees you, but the neighbourhood is barely lacking unused buildings. The basement you found the watch in is rather spacious.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 06:55:52 pm
> Get back down, and head over there, making sure those bodies are out of the way before setting up something I could use as a punching bag or target

"I'm not the one to foolishly assume that you're the only one of your kind, Wrath. Would you happen to know if there exist others like you?"

> Focus my strength, then strike the target
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 07:04:25 pm
There are others, but they've mostly done very little of interest this century.

You did leave one of the bodies in decent condition.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 07:07:05 pm
> Pick him up, then set him against a wall, punching him squarely in the gut with all my strength
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 07:10:31 pm
You punch him visciously, feeling something in his stomach crush, and noticing blood pouring out of the gaping wound in his chest.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 07:16:10 pm
"I know I can do better."

> Focus my anger, thinking of political corruption, and everything else that pisses me off, focusing the energy bestowed by Wrath itself in order to destroy this corpse with something that is more than just a simple punch, a summation of my hatred of the world
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 07:26:37 pm
You think for a while, and remember everything these men tried to do to you, how they tried to kill you without anyone knowing, how they tried to kill you as if you were nobody. You become truly pissed off.

You swing a punch at the corpse again, your forearm becoming a molten spike. The body sizzles as you stab through it, before extending several blades from the spike, and spinning it around like a drill. Boiling blood splatters all over the room, and the front half of his torso falls to the ground.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 07:29:58 pm
"THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

> Smile, before dealing total destruction to the body with a powerful hammer kick to the head
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 07:33:42 pm
The head just caves in like a vase, and you're left with a barely recognisable mess on the floor.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 07:39:34 pm
"Perfect...now, perhaps I should get to thinking about how I should start my revenge...I know a good way."

> Change myself in appearance and dress, shifting my features to resemble the officer, changing into a police uniform
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 12:01:01 pm
You turn into the officer who gave you the watch, and spend around forty minutes flawlessly recreating the uniform.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 12:55:28 pm
> Head back and get the proper wallet, phone, and weapons, before heading for the police cruiser and driving to the station
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 04:59:37 pm
Your new name is "John O'Connor."

You find the car again, and drive to the station. You stop at the gate outside, and after a few seconds, it opens, allowing you to drive on through. You get out, seeing the front doors up ahead.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 05:02:05 pm
> Approach front door, repressing a malicious grin as I step up
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 05:04:52 pm
You press the button on the intercom, a female voice playing through it.

"Good afternoon. Can I have your name, please?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 05:10:20 pm
"John O'Connor."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 05:44:01 pm
There's a pause, and the doors open.

"It says you were meant to sign out an hour ago. Please visit the Chief's office."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 06:11:13 pm
"We ran into some complications."

> Head through the office, until I come upon aforementioned chief's office
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 06:57:45 pm
You don't have to wander for long until you find a closed door with a small plaque on it:

"D. WRIGHT. CHIEF OF POLICE."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 07:02:19 pm
> Knock before entering

"You wanted to see me, sir?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 07:07:20 pm
You walk inside, greeted by a man in his mid-forties sitting at his desk. He looks at you, but continues doing something on his computer as he speaks with a stern tone.

"O'Connor. You're very late returning, and where's Jones?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 07:10:59 pm
"Sorry, sir. Jones and I got preoccupied chasing down a vandal. The kid had some nerve. We were at the end of the street, walked right up to a stop sign and pulled it right off. He ran off, and we chased him for quite some time, but we eventually lost him."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 07:17:00 pm
He releases a long, drawn-out sigh.

"You mean to tell me you spent your entire patrol and then another hour chasing down some vandal, not once even using your radio, and now Jones has gone home in uniform or something?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 07:18:22 pm
"Yes sir, that's what I'm telling you."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 07:26:55 pm
He opens a packet of cigarettes, and lights one up, taking a long drag before speaking again. He sounds significantly more agitated.

"The first part I can justify as your usual incompetence, but he just walked home, by himself, in uniform, with all his equipment, and you just let him?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 07:30:39 pm
"I did what I could, but you know how he gets. He just stormed off without listening to a word I said. He's probably still hung up about it."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 07:39:58 pm
"Fucking Jones... If this was the first time I'd put up with it, but this is getting stupid... Look, we'll talk about this when he's here tomorrow. Put your equipment away and get out of my station."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 07:41:39 pm
"Yes sir."

> Head to equipment checkout or whatever the formal term is, and turn in my gun and other things, considering that I still have more back home, then head out
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 07:50:59 pm
You politely leave your equipment, change into the clothes O'Connor left earlier, and exit the station without incidence.

...Did... you just..?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 07:54:35 pm
I just did. However, I figure that this investment of time is going to result in something much more delicious happening...trust leads to the acquirement of authority...and authority lets you fuck shit up royally...

> Try to find some piece of identification on this guy that will let me find his house
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 07:59:14 pm
It seems you're longer-sighted than I thought. This should be very interesting...

You've got his cellphone, and the most called contact on his list is "Stacey," so you might be able to take a gamble with that.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 08:01:23 pm
I'm not so good with random elements...especially some dead asshole's fiancee.

> Dial the number, wait for her to pick up
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 08:09:32 pm
I'm going to enjoy this.

The phone rings several times, before a woman with a cheery voice picks up.

"Hey, John! You're late home! You on your way?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 08:15:46 pm
"Actually...something funny happened. I sort of need a ride back from the station, I locked my keys in my car."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 08:18:37 pm
"It's okay, sweetie. I know I probably shouldn't drive, but it'll be fine. I'll be there in ten."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 08:22:43 pm
"See you then...sweetheart."

> Wait

How can I make this less complicated...well, less complicated without killing anyone involved. That part comes later.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 28, 2012, 04:50:44 pm
Almost true to her word, a car pulls up next to you twelve minutes later, rolling down a window.

"Hop on in!" says the driver, a woman with a long, brown ponytail. She's also noticeably pregnant.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 28, 2012, 06:03:41 pm
...SHIT. Well, there's a difference between rage and destruction, right?

> Get in, smiling
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 28, 2012, 06:42:09 pm
It depends on the circumstances. Does this bother you?

You climb into the passenger seat, and she smiles back, beginning to drive.

"Didn't your shift end an hour ago? Problems at work?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 28, 2012, 06:53:00 pm
"Yeah, the chief's been chewing me out lately."

Bother me? I choose to take the place of one guy, and this guy happens to be married to his pregnant wife! Great...yeah, this is REALLY awkward. I bet I'll have to cover for that other asshole tomorrow, too!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 28, 2012, 07:05:45 pm
What are you planning? You're going out of your way to achieve this, so I'm intrigued.

"Tell him I'll sort things out with him if he does that again." she jokes, or at least you think she jokes.

"Oh, and my scan went well... It's a boy, John."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 28, 2012, 07:11:15 pm
...I'm not quite sure. Let's just see where this takes us.

"I was hoping we'd have a boy...now we can start talking names! How about something like Joseph or Jacob? Or maybe something more unique?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 28, 2012, 07:16:29 pm
"I know I liked your father's middle name, but I can't remember what it was!"

You pull up at a terraced house in a nice neighbourhood.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 28, 2012, 07:24:37 pm
"His middle name was...Renard, I believe."

> Get up, and walk around the side of the car, helping "my" wife out
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 28, 2012, 07:27:20 pm
"Huh... Yeah, I think you're right."

She thanks you as you help her out, then locks the car, and walks to one of the houses, unlocking the front door, and holding it open for you as she enters.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 28, 2012, 07:28:55 pm
"Oh, honey, you don't have to do that for me! You're pregnant, people are supposed to do everything for you!"

> Take the door, holding it open for her
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 29, 2012, 03:34:10 pm
"You hit the nail on the head!" she giggles, heading in as you hold the door.

The house is distinctly upper-middle-class, but to you it seems like a palace. There are two bedrooms, a kitchen, a study, two bathrooms, and a lounge with a reasonably expensive looking plasma TV,
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 29, 2012, 03:42:29 pm
Well, I'm going to be enjoying this...

> Head into the study, and look around
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 29, 2012, 03:48:57 pm
There's a desktop computer, a comfy-looking chair, and a bookcase filled with crime novels and chick-lit.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 29, 2012, 03:54:57 pm
Nice. Now I need somewhere where I can have some privacy...

> Head to one of the bathrooms, locking the door before beginning my attempts to practice shapeshifting, starting with creating clothes, seeing as those are quite challenging
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 29, 2012, 04:04:21 pm
You manage to create your normal clothes, and then your police uniform again in around forty minutes. You're getting faster.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 29, 2012, 04:06:03 pm
> Revert back to normal John, put on clothes, and step out

"Honey, how would you feel about me making some dinner for us?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 29, 2012, 04:10:07 pm
She seems surprised.

"You? Cooking? Well, sure, if you want! It's just not something you've ever asked to do before."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 29, 2012, 04:15:35 pm
"I wouldn't want you to tire yourself out. Do we have any ground beef? I'm making spaghetti."

I want to use that experience from those culinary arts courses I took.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 29, 2012, 04:32:12 pm
That's... interesting, I suppose.

"I bought some earlier. That'd be lovely!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 29, 2012, 04:35:55 pm
"Okay, I'll make some!"

> Get out the pots, pans, noodles, and burger required, turn on the stove

Say...what happens if this watch comes off?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 29, 2012, 04:38:47 pm
The kitchen seems to have been recently fitted, and everything's nicely organised.

Our link will be severed until you find it again. I'm unsure whether you'll lose your abilities, as I haven't done this before, but if I think you're about to lose the watch, I'll take them anyway so that you don't get any ideas.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 29, 2012, 04:50:02 pm
Not like that might cause any problems at critical moments.

> Start boiling the noodles, putting the meat in the pan and mashing it up before getting a strainer and a bowl to drain the grease into, having the tomato sauce on hand

You've sided with me, for now, at least, but what if we come across somebody that seems more full of hate than I am? Would you leave me for them?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 29, 2012, 05:06:50 pm
I've been patient for a very long time, and I've reached my limit. You're going to take forever practicing, and I'm not going to sit through that just to find somebody else and do it all over again.

You haven't made anything in quite a while, but it seems you haven't gotten rusty.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 29, 2012, 05:16:53 pm
> Set the spaghetti on the table

"Dinner's ready, honey! I hope the two of you enjoy what I made!"

> Set the table

Tomorrow I'll be able to do something more with my time.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 10:37:53 am
You set the table, and Stacey sits down, looking very impressed at what you've placed in front of her.

"I didn't know you knew how to cook!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 11:19:03 am
"I watched a few cooking shows recently, so I figured I might as well try it!"

> Sit down, and start eating
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 11:31:56 am
You start eating the first fresh meal you've had in as long as you can remember. You'd forgotten food could taste like this!

"Wow, this is better than mine!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 11:47:10 am
"I'm glad you like it!"

> Keep eating

"Tell me, how was your day?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 11:58:04 am
"The scan showed that our baby's perfectly healthy. My mother just couldn't stop fussing over the pictures! Anything interesting happen at work?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 12:10:02 pm
"Well, I got chewed out by my boss because we chased this vandal around all day without catching him. I got in trouble because Jones just got angry and stormed off in uniform after that. He just gets so worked up sometimes..."

It was a lot more interesting than that...more than she would ever know.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 12:24:09 pm
"I hope Jones is okay. Martha said his drinking problem is getting better, but then again he could always just be hiding it. What was this vandal like? It's not like you to chase somebody all day and not catch them."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 12:28:31 pm
"The kid had an attitude. We were at the end of the street, and he just comes up and tears down a traffic sign right in front of us! We chase after him, but he starts pulling off all of this parkour and jumping up walls and fancy things like that! We chased him around as best as we could, but we ended up losing him. Jones was angry because the kid wouldn't stop taunting us."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 12:38:16 pm
"If he goes around taunting officers like that he'll be caught soon enough. Besides my scan, my day was pretty interesting. Jenny from the book club called to tell me what they were reading, and it turned out I bought it recently! I got around to reading it early, and it's actually really good. Jenny said that Louise doesn't like it, but Louise doesn't like anything. The rest of the group seemed to like the first few chapters, though, especially the part where she..."

She continues talking until you're both finished eating.

"...and Jenny really needs to stop complaining about David. Don't you agree?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 12:42:28 pm
"...Well, yeah. He's just that kind of person."

> Put my dishes in the dishwasher

"Hey, did the doctor say when we should be expecting?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 12:44:03 pm
"Only two weeks. Time flies, doesn't it?" she says, getting up to put her dishes in, as well.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 12:51:09 pm
"It's been that long already...yeah, I know what you mean."

> Walk off, heading for the bathroom again, changing back to myself, so I don't forget who I really am

It's strange how much I care about her.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 12:55:28 pm
You're sure you hear an exasperated sigh in your head.

It actually takes a millisecond longer to change back into yourself than usual. Not enough to make any difference, but enough for you to notice.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 12:57:25 pm
...Interesting...apparently the longer I'm in a different form, the less my default form is...default.

> Try changing into a doppelganger of Stacey
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 01:00:44 pm
It takes longer than turning into John because she's female, but you find you don't have to think much about what her face looks like.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 01:03:38 pm
> Turn back into John, and then step out and into the lounge
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 01:19:45 pm
Stacey is sitting quietly in the lounge, reading the book she was talking about.

"Hey, you look a little confused. You alright?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 01:25:11 pm
"I'm alright, it's just that I'm still hung up on what happened today. You know what? I'm just going to talk a walk. I'll be back soon."

> Get up, head for the door
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 01:31:51 pm
You begin to leave.

"Alright, take care! Oh, and I forgot to thank you for dinner. I really appreciated it."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 01:35:34 pm
"It was nothing!"

> Step out into the street, then walk off, finding a discreet location where I can try changing into a humanoid wolf
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 01:42:38 pm
It's just starting to get dark, so finding somewhere discreet isn't difficult.

It's slightly easier than making yourself avian. You make your bones thicker and your muscles larger, turning your hands into paws, and growing thick fur all over your body. The head is more difficult, but you become rather terrifying-looking, with huge jaws and sharp teeth. The whole process is painful and very exhausting, but you're rather proud of your finished work.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 01:46:43 pm
> Smile, getting used to both my bipedal and quadrupedal stances before taking off, running down the road, keeping to the shadows
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 01:57:03 pm
The main roads are still fairly busy, but you run a loop around several backstreets. You've never moved this quickly before, and it's exhilarating.

You return to the alley you started running from, not having broken a sweat yet, partially due to your lack of sweat glands, partially due to your new level of fitness. It's dark, and you're not easily visible to the three police officers on the pavement next to the alley. Two of them are aiming, and one of them is putting handcuffs on somebody you can't see around the corner.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 02:02:44 pm
I'm not going to pass up an opportunity to enjoy this...

> Leap out from the shadows, taking down the two officers with guns, clawing at their torsos and tearing out their throats, before turning to the last one, growling
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 03:11:18 pm
The two officers die horribly, their screams quickly turning into loud gurgles. The third officer reacts quickly, pulling out his gun! He's about to fire as you turn from the other two, but the woman, a black prisoner's hood stopping her from seeing you, reacts just as quickly. She suddenly steps behind the officer, starting to choke him with the chain of her handcuffs, her back to his.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 03:17:03 pm
> Turn into myself as she finishes up

"Well...it seems you were in a bit of a situation. I guess it was by good fortune that I managed to show up."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 03:21:28 pm
The officer sees you slowly transform back, his eyes widening. He tries desperately to speak, but his crushed throat betrays him, and he can only choke as he slowly stops moving. The woman eventually releases him, letting his lifeless body drop to the ground.

"Can you take this hood off?" she asks, her voice uncertain.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 03:22:55 pm
"Certainly, just hold on..."

> Undo the hood, and pull it off her head

"So, what warranted three officers to put you in this position?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 03:31:54 pm
You remove the hood, and she turns to look at you. She's young, around eighteen, and her short, messy hair is an unnatural blend of reds and purples.

"...Who wants to know?" she asks, looking at you suspiciously. "Why'd you help me?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 03:36:35 pm
"Drake. I figured I might as well, since my recent run-ins with the law...well, they've been quite rough. I wouldn't want them to harm your pretty little self."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 03:40:55 pm
She looks irritated at your choice of words for a second, but then her eyes move to the bodies of the officers behind you, and her expression changes to shock.

"How did you DO that?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 03:43:55 pm
"I ran over...knocked them down, clawed their bodies, tore their throats out. Listen, I'd love to keep talking with you, but this wouldn't be the best place to do it. Come, let's move somewhere else."

> Find a more appropriate abandoned building that we can have some privacy in
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 03:50:57 pm
She seems slightly unnerved. She looks at her handcuffs, debating whether to follow you for a moment as you walk on, but catches up, and follows you into a nearby building, a convenience store that went out of business recently.

"What do you mean by 'clawed?'"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 03:53:24 pm
"I mean it very literally."

> Turn hand into wolf's claw, holding it up

"I tore their flesh out."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 03:55:51 pm
Your hand transforms in several seconds. She backs off.

"What the- Who the hell are you?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 03:59:27 pm
"My name is Drake, I believe I already said that. So, who are you, then?"

> Transform hand back
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 04:15:37 pm
"...Viola... How do you do that?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 04:18:26 pm
"Well, let's just say that I'm more than human. I can do more than that, though. Like so..."

> Demonstrate abilities by turning into her

"Pretty cool, huh?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 04:22:07 pm
It takes five minutes, but she stays for the duration, watching as your body transforms to match hers, still in John's clothes you took from the police station.

"...Who are you working with?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 04:28:29 pm
"I work for myself, but I guess you could say I'm a police insider."

> Turn back into myself, making sure to change my clothes back into my preferred clothes
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 04:31:08 pm
These clothes are actual clothes, and not part of your body, so you can't just change them.

"Why are you telling me all this?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 04:36:10 pm
"...Because I can't just go about exacting revenge without any allies. Listen, Viola, it's not easy doing the things I do, exacting revenge. I guess I'm just telling you this because I have to be honest with someone who can help me. You know what I'm saying? I need someone else on my side."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 04:39:19 pm
She looks at you quietly for a second, looking less scared, and more thoughtful.

"What are you getting revenge for?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 04:46:05 pm
"On top of a long list of injustices...the police tried to kill me. I vandalized a sign, so in response, they decided that they would taze me, drag me off, tie me to a chair, and then brutalize me before burning me alive...they failed in that last regard."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 04:54:43 pm
She nods, seeming more confident about her response.

"...I have my own reasons as well. I'll help you. What do you expect me to do?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 05:01:43 pm
"For now, not much. I impersonate a certain police officer by the name of John O'Connor, and I probably won't be doing much tomorrow. For now, I need to know if you have a place to stay and where I might be able to find you should I need to speak with you again."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 05:25:20 pm
"I'm staying with a few friends on South Street. Room 27 in the only apartment building there. What are you planning to do?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 05:32:13 pm
"I'm planning on getting more powerful...and when I am in the position to do so, I will collapse the city's law enforcement system. Listen, when I come visit you, I might not look like how I do now. So, whenever I do, I'll say a simple phrase so you know it's me. That phrase will be 'it's a nice day for a white wedding.' Simple enough to remember, right?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 05:41:21 pm
"Alright. They gave a description of me over the radio, so I'll lay low until next time we meet. Can you get these cuffs off?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 05:44:44 pm
"...Yeah, I think I can help with that."

> Put finger up to keyhole, focusing in order to make my finger metallic, filling in the hole, and releasing the handcuffs
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 05:53:42 pm
It's very difficult to transform like that, but it's only a finger, so you manage fairly well. The handcuffs click, and fall off.

"When should I expect to see you?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 05:55:57 pm
"Maybe sometime tomorrow, we'll see. Just be ready. Now, if you'll excuse me...I must be off."

> Turn into the wolf man, and run out, sticking to the shadows as I return to Stacey's home, changing back into John before coming back in
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 06:02:06 pm
You're more familiar with the structure of the form after running and fighting in it, and take only two minutes to completely transform, sprinting off as Viola watches, and making it back without incident, turning into John before entering the house.

"Welcome back, John!" says Stacey.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 06:05:30 pm
"That was a good walk. It gave me some time to reflect and come to terms with what happened today. Tomorrow will be better, hopefully."

> Yawn

"I'm getting tired. I'm going to bed."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 06:08:59 pm
She puts down her book, getting up.

"So will I, I think."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 06:10:33 pm
> Head into the bathroom, tending to nightly hygiene, before lying down in bed

"Today was a long day...well, goodnight, sweetheart..."

> Close eyes
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 06:16:26 pm
She cuddles you, and you quickly fall asleep in her arms, not remembering ever sleeping somewhere this comfortable.

"Goodnight, John."

It's Thursday morning, and the alarm goes off at 7:30, probably signalling that you should be getting up to go to work. Stacey stirs, but doesn't wake up.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 06:21:59 pm
> Turn off alarm, then get up, get dressed, and head over to work, making sure to grab everything necessary, as well as any spare car keys for the vehicle that I left at the police station
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 06:27:16 pm
Stacey mutters something as you get up, but she seems to be a heavy sleeper.

You're not sure where John parked his car, so you walk to work. The gate opens for you, and you press the intercom button.

"Name?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 06:28:34 pm
"John O'Connor."

> Tap foot while waiting for admittance
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 06:32:53 pm
The doors open immediately after, and you're allowed on through. The chief is standing in the entrance room, his arms crossed.

"Jones is usually here before you."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 06:33:49 pm
"Well, I apologize, sir, but I wouldn't know what's holding him up."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 06:38:51 pm
"If he doesn't show up I'll have his badge. Understaffed or not understaffed. I'd tell you just to patrol alone if he doesn't show up soon, but we had three officers killed last night. Briefing starts in five."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 06:45:06 pm
"Yes sir."

> Go to the locker room, get in uniform, check out equipment, then head for briefing
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 07:12:56 pm
You figure out where everyone else is heading, and enter a large room, with about a hundred people sitting in it, finding a seat. The chief stands next to a screen with a dark-blonde haired man in a navy-blue suit.

"Listen up. Detective Carter is in charge of this case." says the chief.

"Good morning." begins Carter. "As you may be aware, at around nine last night, three officers were discovered to have been killed on-duty. They've been identified as Parker, Morris, and Hall. I will warn you that the following crime-scene images are especially graphic."

He presses his clicker, displaying an image of the three officers, exactly as you left them. There are a few quiet, concerned murmurs from the crowd as they see the two you killed.

"We're still waiting for the autopsy to finish, but Hall was strangled to death by what appears to have been a pair of handcuffs. Parker and Morris were killed as if by a wild animal. It's worth noting that all three service pistols were found next to the bodies, with the safety off. A prisoner's hood was found nearby, and Hall wasn't carrying any handcuffs. The last radio message from Hall was that they were arresting a young female with red and purple hair for carrying a firearm and attempting to murder a police officer. This woman is likely responsible for at least Hall's death. I would like to ask all officers to take in anyone who fits this description for questioning. We will keep you informed on the results of the autopsies for Parker and Morris. I understand that some of you may have been close to these men, but their families have not yet been informed, so please don't offer your condolences yet. Does anyone have anything they would like to ask?"

Nobody seems to be raising their hands.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 07:19:20 pm
> Don't ask any questions, wait for the man to continue
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 07:39:53 pm
"That's all I have to say for now. Thank you for your time."

"Continue your normal duties, and keep an eye out for this woman." says the chief. "Dismissed."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 07:46:44 pm
> Head back out, see if I have a desk here
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 08:30:14 pm
You leave the room, wandering around. The station is huge, and you're not sure where your desk would be if you have one.

"Officer O'Connor?" asks Carter, catching you off-guard. "I'm aware that Officer Jones walked home in uniform yesterday and hasn't shown up today. Have you contacted him?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 08:38:39 pm
"I have not, sir."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 08:42:07 pm
"Given the timing, it's probably a good idea to call his family and make sure he arrived home. Do you have his number?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 08:44:34 pm
"I'm pretty sure I do, hold on..."

> Check list of contacts, searching for Jones
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 08:53:08 pm
You've got his home number and his mobile number.

"Could you try calling his house now? I want to tie up all loose ends before looking deeper into this case."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 08:54:50 pm
> Dial up his home number
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 09:08:29 pm
The phone only rings for two seconds before being picked up.

"Hello?" asks an obviously worried woman at the other end. "Have you seen my husband, John?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 09:12:07 pm
"We have yet to locate your husband, Mrs. Jones. We're working on finding him now."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 09:32:17 pm
The detective seems surprised, and the woman replies.

"What? He's missing? I..."

She sounds like she's about to cry, and hangs up.

"He didn't return home? I wasn't expecting that... It's too early to say whether this might have anything to do with the murders. No other bodies were found. Is there anywhere else he might have spent the night?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 09:35:03 pm
"I can't imagine where he'd stay, he wouldn't have had any reason to go anywhere else for the night..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 09:48:00 pm
"He was in uniform, he was alone, and he was distracted by what happened with the vandal. It's possible that something happened to him... But the bodies were left out in the open in the other incident, so this is likely to be unrelated if he has been killed..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 09:50:31 pm
"What should I do about my patrol, sir?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 09:58:29 pm
"I'm just in charge of the investigation. You'd have to talk to the chief about that. I'm going to visit forensics. Thank you for the help."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 09:59:30 pm
"You're welcome."

> Go see the chief

"Sir, Jones didn't return home last night. What should I do about my patrol?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 11:08:23 am
"He didn't what? Shit! Go with O'Donald and Wright. Make finding him a priority."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 11:31:11 am
"Yes, sir!"

> Head out, milling around until I find either of these officers
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 11:42:12 am
You stand near the gate, and two officers start heading out a couple of minutes later.

"Hey, O'Connor. The chief said you were coming with us, right?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 11:43:55 am
"That's right. He wants us to prioritize finding Jones. He didn't come home last night, I don't think that's a good sign considering what's happened."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 11:48:16 am
"Sorry to hear that. Are you alright?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 11:51:05 am
"Yeah...let's just go."

> Go with my two partners on patrol
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 12:02:52 pm
"I guess we'll start looking for the woman around the area the murders happened..."

You walk for several minutes, finding the crime scene, taped off, with the bodies removed and replaced with chalked outlines.

"We should probably ask around the nearby stores." says the second officer. "There's a convenience store around the corner."

The other nods, and they head around the corner, finding the shop you went into with Viola last night.

"Huh, seems it closed down. Not boarded up or anything, though." one of the officers says, looking through the window. "...Is that a pair of handcuffs?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 12:06:24 pm
"I don't know, is it? If it's this close to the crime scene, then we can probably assume they belonged to that girl..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 12:12:15 pm
"You sure you see handcuffs, O'Donald?" says the one you can assume is Wright, opening the door and looking inside. He grunts, and walks in, looking at them carefully without touching them. He talks into his radio.

"Officers O'Donald, O'Connor, and Wright. Found a pair of handcuffs in an abandoned store next to the murder scene."
"Copy that. We'll send someone to retrieve the evidence now." responds the chief.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 12:23:23 pm
"Good eyes, O'Donald."

This double-life is getting interesting.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 12:44:49 pm
"Thanks."

You stand outside the shop for several minutes before a police van shows up. A man and a woman, wearing overalls, gloves, and masks get out, followed by Carter. The man and the woman enter the store, carefully inserting the handcuffs into a small, transparent bag, before walking outside and handing it to Carter. He looks at it carefully.

"...They weren't broken. It seems they were unlocked, but all the officers had their keys on them."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 12:50:17 pm
...I hate this asshole. Sure, it's his job, and he hasn't come up with anything not immediately observable...but I hate him because he's trying to figure me out.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 01:00:37 pm
I can tell he's getting more and more confused. It's interesting.

"We'll take this back to forensics. Thank you for finding these."
They head back into the van, and it drives off.

"...Hey, come to think of it..." says Wright. "Seems the owner didn't remove the security cameras... Do you think they still work?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 01:03:56 pm
MOTHERFUCK. MOTHER-GOD FUCKING...GRRR...

"Well, we should ask for authorization. This is a crime scene, after all, there might be more evidence lying around."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 01:06:49 pm
"We just called them out for the handcuffs, and the cameras probably don't work anyway, so we don't really want to call them back again so soon, do we?" asks O'Donald.

"Yeah, let's just check it out ourselves." says Wright, heading in, followed by O'Donald.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 01:10:10 pm
> Follow them in, turning my hands into wolf claws behind my back
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 01:22:06 pm
"The DVR's probably in the back room."

They head out back, finding the DVR. There might have been a monitor, but not anymore.

"Hey, it's still switched on!" says Wright. "O'Donald, you're better at this than I am. Disconnect the hard disk and we'll take it back for Carter to have a look at."

O'Donald starts taking the hard disk off, and Wright takes his radio off his belt.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 01:24:46 pm
> Charge forward, cutting them down
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 01:28:40 pm
You rip into their backs, listening to their screams as you tear them both in half. You didn't hear it over your radio, so you think you reacted quickly enough.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 01:32:54 pm
> Switch the cameras off, then smash the hard disk before giving myself a few cuts along my belly, back, and leg, then run outside, working myself up before using my radio

"OFFICERS DOWN! I REPEAT, OFFICERS DOWN! REQUESTING IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 01:36:13 pm
"O'CONNOR? WHAT'S YOUR LOCATION?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 01:40:55 pm
"I'M OUTSIDE OF THE CONVENIENCE STORE! OFFICERS O'DONALD AND WRIGHT ARE DOWN, SOME KIND OF MONSTER ATTACKED US! I'M INJURED, BUT I DON'T THINK IT'S CHASING ME!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 01:45:22 pm
"STAY WHERE YOU ARE AND TELL US IF YOUR POSITION IS COMPROMISED. ALL PATROLS, GET TO SILVER STREET!"

It takes a minute for the first couple of cars to pull up, four officers get out, and run towards you, checking your injuries. A van and two more cars pull up shortly after.

"O'Connor, what happened? Where was the attack?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 01:47:39 pm
"IT WAS...IT WAS SOME KIND OF BEAST...O'Donald and Wright went to check the security footage in the store...but then I saw it...it cut them clean in half, and then it came for me...I ran, but it didn't follow...it might still be in there..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 01:52:57 pm
They all immediately start aiming at the shop, and two help you up, getting you into the van. More officers show up, and the officers already there start explaining what you said.

"Alright," says the man in the back of the vehicle with you. "Take off your shirt, and let me see your injuries better."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 01:54:53 pm
> Remove shirt

"It also got me on my leg."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 04:14:41 pm
He starts looking at the wounds on your torso, unable to hide the surprise on his face.

"...What exactly did this? Only time I've seen anything similar to this was when I was in Canada and somebody nearly got mauled by a bear."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 04:21:54 pm
"It was the beast...it looked like some kind of massive wolf..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 04:24:43 pm
He starts cleaning out your wounds. It stings like hell.

"...You're saying a werewolf did this?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 04:27:12 pm
"It sounds ridiculous, but that's exactly what it looked like! Ooh, that burns..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 04:32:53 pm
"Sorry, have to make sure this doesn't get infected, especially since it was some kind of animal."

He finishes, and contemplates something for a second, before picking up a roll of bandages. He wraps a bandage tightly around your torso, and looks at your leg.

"You can put your shirt back on, but you'll need to pull your pants down to your knees."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 04:37:08 pm
> Put shirt back on, slowly roll down pants

"Where the hell would that thing have come from?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 04:54:27 pm
He looks at your less serious leg wound, and dabs it with some antiseptic before wrapping a bandage around it, as well.

"You can pull up your pants now, that should look after itself for now. I don't know, but I suspect the detective will want to ask you about this as soon as possible."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 04:56:42 pm
Oh, not that prick again.

"Could it have been that thing that killed those officers last night? It seems surreal."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 05:00:58 pm
"Well, judging by those wounds you have I'd say it's likely..."

The back-door of the van opens, and Carter starts talking to you.

"It wasn't in the store, but we couldn't find any other way it could have left besides the front entrance. Can you try to tell me everything that happened? I understand you're probably shocked, but time is important right now."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 05:12:43 pm
"Alright, so the two others went in to investigate the footage...and then I heard something. I turn around, and there's this massive fucking beast standing in the doorway. I jump back, it catches me across the stomach, then I start running, and it hits me on my back and on my leg. I don't know why it didn't chase me down..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 05:25:15 pm
"Are you sure the beast couldn't have left through the front door after you?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 05:30:04 pm
"I don't know what happened to it, I just ran as fast as I could, I didn't look back."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 05:33:13 pm
"You were outside the building when you requested assistance, weren't you? Did you run and then walk back before asking for help?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 05:35:58 pm
"I wasn't that close to it, was I? I don't know...I'm just glad I got away with my life..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 05:36:57 pm
"Can you tell me more about what it looked like?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 05:39:52 pm
"It was like a massive wolf, like some kind of werewolf! I didn't get a good look at it before it cut me, and I started running. It...it might have just been toying with me...maybe it just let me get away..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 05:41:57 pm
He looks slightly troubled.

"Hrm... What colour of fur did it have? We'll have to look for traces of that."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 05:44:51 pm
"It looked...black, maybe dark gray...some white, too. It was mostly a blur, it moved so fast!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 05:46:34 pm
"What were you doing in there before it attacked?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 05:51:20 pm
"Alright, so while the other two went over to check the footage, I was looking around for anything else that might have been left behind. I didn't find anything else, though."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 06:43:18 pm
"The footage? You mean a security camera was still running? That explains the broken hard-drive... It seems that whatever this is intentionally destroyed evidence, but intentionally left a witness... I'm unsure of why, but what we can safely assume is that if it destroyed footage of the woman's handcuffs being removed, then they're working together."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 06:47:56 pm
"Are those all the questions you have? I could use a break after that one...great, now I'm down three partners all of a sudden."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 06:58:30 pm
"That's all I need to know for now. You're probably aware that counselling services are no longer funded, but the chief will likely allow you to end your shift early if you ask."

With that, he leaves.

"Whatever this thing is, I doubt the detective is going to stop until it's discovered." says the man who treated you.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 07:00:10 pm
"I know I wouldn't, I'd want to know what's going on with this...hell, I actually do."

> Walk back to the station, heading for the chief's office
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 04:04:32 pm
Everybody's too preoccupied with searching the building to see you leave, apart from the chief, who was standing outside. He approaches you.

"O'Connor, are you planning to take the day off?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 04:23:53 pm
"After that...yeah, I think that would be the best course of action. This is some freaky...stuff. I don't want to get killed in the line of duty when my wife's expecting, either."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 04:46:23 pm
"It's not safe for you to be walking off alone. Get back in the van and they'll give you a lift to the station. I'll tell them where you live."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 04:54:23 pm
"Alright...I can't believe what happened."

> Get back in the van
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 05:15:23 pm
The van starts to drive, and lets you off at the station.

"We'll wait here, so come back once you're done." says the man who treated you.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 05:19:50 pm
> Nod, then head in, turn in my stuff, and get dressed, then come back out
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 05:43:50 pm
You return to the van, and it drives to your house, stopping outside the driveway.

"Hope you're alright, man. There'll probably be a press statement on this as soon as somebody gets bribed into leaking it."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 05:46:51 pm
"Yeah, whatever. It's not like this is going to be anything but tabloid material."

> Get out, and enter my house

"Honey, I'm home early! Something really bad happened today!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 05:47:54 pm
"Wait, what?" you hear from the living room as she gets up, walking to the door. "Are you alright? What happened?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 05:50:16 pm
"I'm fine, I'm fine...it's just...I don't think you'd like to hear it."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 06:42:26 pm
She looks gravely concerned.

"Please, tell me."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 06:51:58 pm
"...I was present in a situation where two officers were killed. We were checking out a crime scene near a spot where three officers were killed last night...I got away, but I can't say the same for the others. We were attacked by...some kind of animal."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 07:11:29 pm
"...Are you okay? What kind of animal? Are you hurt?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 07:15:34 pm
"I'm alright, but it got me several times. Stacey...I think it was some kind of...wolf. Not just any wolf, a huge one."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 07:43:01 pm
"A wolf? Here? Are you sure? Let me see where it cut you!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 07:45:55 pm
"I'm bandaged, don't touch them."

> Lift up shirt, roll up pant leg
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 09:33:33 am
She covers her mouth as she sees the blood on your bandages.

"Please, sit down, John!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 09:38:18 am
> Sit down

"It's fine, it's fine! Just a few scratches, that's all."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 10:10:21 am
You sit down on a sofa. She seems terrified.

"You always promised you'd not get hurt, but now there's some wolf-thing after you! Please don't get yourself killed!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 11:01:11 am
"It's my job, Stacey...what do you want me to do? I can't just up and quit after this...well, I could try, but what about our child?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 07:51:05 pm
"...You... you have to do your job... I don't get paid nearly enough to support us and you aren't qualified to do anything else... But please, just be careful..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 07:53:52 pm
"...Alright, I will."

> Give her a hug

Perhaps there's another way I could go about doing this...a bank robbery seems too ambitious at this point, though.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 08:05:06 pm
She hugs you tightly back, sobbing into your shoulder.

Robbing a bank could prove easy with your abilities, but what would you do about the situation here?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 08:08:09 pm
Easy? Well, a bank's really secure. How exactly would I get inside a vault and get out using only shapeshifting? I can imagine imitating some executive or something, but I don't want to leave anything for the cameras...

> Stay with her, providing comfort
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 08:18:34 pm
Then kill them where there aren't any cameras.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 08:20:56 pm
I'll play it safe and get some more practice first. I'm starting to get it down, but there are other areas that I require improvement in.

"Alright. I need to have some time to myself after that one. I'm going for another walk."

> Get up
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 08:26:24 pm
"...Okay. Hurry home if you notice anything suspiscious..."

You leave the house, starting to walk.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 08:28:04 pm
> Duck into a secure location, then change my appearance to that of a nondescript blonde man, heading to Viola's apartment on South Street
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 08:38:38 pm
Your transformation is much easier than recreating somebody else's appearance, and you find the one apartment building in South Street. It's not quite run-down, but it's in fairly poor shape. You climb the creaky wooden stairs, and find her apartment.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 08:45:10 pm
> Knock on the door to Room 27

"It's a nice day for a white wedding."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 08:54:11 pm
The door opens, revealing a confused-looking woman around Viola's age, with long, straight, dark-brown hair.

"What wedding? What're you talking about?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 08:55:39 pm
"Oh, I'm sorry. Viola and I have a mutual understanding for each other regarding that inside joke. She doesn't seem to be here right now...this IS Viola's current residence, right?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 09:08:47 pm
"Oh, you're looking for her? She's right there."

The woman steps aside, and you see into the apartment. It's one room, with a door leading into the bathroom. The room is occupied by a tattered sofa, a TV, and a tiny kitchen in the corner. There are four mattresses at the opposite end, Viola sitting on one of them, looking at the door.

"Who's this?" she asks.

"One of your friends, right?" the other girl replies. "He said something about a white wedding."

"Oh, yeah!" Viola answers, getting up and heading for the door. "Didn't recognise you. How long's it been?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 09:10:06 pm
It's been less than a day. Hey, you know somewhere a little more private where we can discuss something important and personal?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 09:44:20 pm
"Yeah, sure! I'll see you later, Jessica."

She closes the door behind her on the way out, her cheery smile suddenly dropping. She talks quietly.

"I was trying to make that look even a little less weird, but alright. Let's head to the roof."

She starts walking up the stairs.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 09:46:44 pm
> Head up with her

"You already know they're looking for you. Unfortunately, your hairstyle is the most recognizable thing about you. In fact, I'm willing to bet it's the only thing anyone remembers about you. I mean, if you're going to shoot a police officer, you might want to make yourself as nondescript as possible, you know what I mean?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 09:57:12 pm
"Coming from the werewolf." she says, opening the door to the rooftop. "Hair dye's expensive, and I can't even afford to feed myself without my roommates at the minute. But hey, like you said, it's the only thing people remember about me. At least it's something I can change. If my hair was normal they might pay attention to something I can't."

She stops in the middle of the roof, turning to you.
"Now, what did you need to talk to me about?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 09:59:27 pm
"First off, I'm not a werewolf, I can be any number of things I desire to be. Second, I want to know, why did you pull a gun on those cops in the first place? And how did you get caught?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 09, 2012, 05:06:57 pm
She frowns at your question.

"Long story short, an officer called Carson killed my father. I watched him patrolling for weeks, and found a spot he and his partner always passed at around the same time. Those three knew EXACTLY where I was planning to shoot from, and got me by surprise. I told the two guys I was working with exactly what I was planning beforehand. Bastards tipped them off. When I looked for them earlier, they'd moved."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 09, 2012, 05:13:45 pm
"Well, I guess we took care of one problem back there, then. The thing is, though, now the police are actively searching for a wolf-like beast, and since they knew you were at that scene, they'd take you in and would very likely be quite impolite while asking you questions about me."

> Slowly begin turning into a humanoid feline while talking
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 10, 2012, 03:39:55 pm
She tries to maintain eye contact, but keeps glancing uncomfortably at your rising ears.

"Carson wasn't there, and I want to track down the two who sold me out. I can't stay here forever."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 10, 2012, 04:16:20 pm
"That's great. I can get you all the information you need from inside the department. As for your commode...I know somewhere else, but it isn't much more comfortable."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 10, 2012, 04:24:44 pm
"I think I'm fine here for now, but we need a way for you to contact me more easily. I have a shitty cell-phone with a few dollars on it. If you don't have one I'm guessing the cop did."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 10, 2012, 04:26:53 pm
"Right, I just need your number. But I don't want to put you on speed dial, do you have a scrap of paper?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 10, 2012, 04:43:51 pm
She finds a scrap of paper in her pocket, and leans on a nearby wall, writing her number on it, and handing it to you.

"Goes without saying, but don't send anything stupid, since NATCA means they'll read all our messages. They've got a lot of texts to read, though, so they won't notice that you suddenly started talking to a random stranger unless they're monitering you specifically. Send me something that seems like a perfectly normal message. If you want to meet up, mention the meeting spot vaguely, like the café near the place we met, rather than using any street names. If you need to warn me about anything, make it sound like it's about something mundane. If they find out where I live, ask me when I'm planning on moving, for example."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 10, 2012, 04:46:23 pm
"Alright. I'll keep that in mind. Well, this little meeting was quite productive! I guess I'll be off to attend to something else I was planning on doing now."

> Turn back into the blonde man, then walk back down with her
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 10, 2012, 05:00:24 pm
"Alright. See you soon, Drake. Try not to become the mask or anything clichéd like that."

You turned into the feline much more easily than you would have previously, and the blonde man is even easier. She stays on the roof, and waves a little as you leave.

Jessica enters the apartment as you pass it, and gives you an irritated look for some reason, but closes the door behind her before you can say anything. Apart from that, you leave without incidence.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 10, 2012, 05:03:26 pm
> Head back to my private little room with all of my supplies, collect the weapons, and turn into the woman I was when I entered the Red Eagle the first time, heading back there
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 10, 2012, 05:08:42 pm
You collect your weapons without any problems, and it seems like the Red Eagle is open. You're wearing John's clothes, though, so you might want to change that.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 10, 2012, 05:10:30 pm
> Form a more normal set of jeans, running shoes, a striped shirt, and a light jacket, then enter the bar, firing my gun

"I SAID I'D BE BACK! NOW HOW MANY OF YOU WORTHLESS PILES OF SHIT ARE STILL HERE AFTER THAT!?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 10, 2012, 05:22:03 pm
You hide nearby, and manage your new clothes in only ten minutes.

You're improving. Good.

Most of the people from yesterday are back again. They all start running for the bar and trying to climb over it to get to the back exit at the same time. There's a lot of punching and shoving, but nobody actually gets over.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 10, 2012, 05:25:01 pm
"The same crowd? PATHETIC! You dipshits wouldn't even clear out of here after I threatened your lives yesterday! You're abhorring! YOU'RE DISGUSTING! YOU ARE TRULY WORTHLESS!"

> Point gun at one that was here yesterday, execute
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 10, 2012, 05:31:22 pm
You aim, and shoot the man who tried to buy you a drink yesterday. You've never shot anyone before, and the way his body thuds against the ground satisfies you greatly.

A quarter of the crowd gets over, running out the door, and the others give up, their backs against the bar, drunkenly pleading for their lives.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 11, 2012, 10:55:51 am
"Alright...we're going to play a little game. I want each of you to tell me why you're here...drunk off your ass every day of the week. We'll start with...I don't know, you!"

> Point gun at one man

"Tell me why you're here. Why do you drink?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 11, 2012, 07:36:30 pm
The man stares at you, trying desperately to move back further, obstructed by the bar.

"PLEASE DON'T KILL ME! I HAVE A FAMILY!"

I've heard those words thousands of times, but this is the first time I've ever seen somebody make it an incentive to kill them.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 11, 2012, 07:39:33 pm
"WELL THEN WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE, LOWLIFE!?"

> Shoot him in the head, pointing my gun up and down the rest of the line

"Anyone? Can any one of you tell me why you're such sad creatures?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 11, 2012, 07:58:07 pm
The man screams the instant he realises he's going to die, but he's silent an instant later. Everyone starts answering you at the same time, hysterically begging to be let go, frantically promising not to come back.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 11, 2012, 08:00:52 pm
"EVERYONE SHUT UP AND WAIT YOUR TURN!"

> Fire off a warning shot, pointing at the next in line

"YOU!? HUH!?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 11, 2012, 08:14:48 pm
Everyone still in the bar ducks as you fire, looking around as if to make sure they didn't get hit, cowering.

"I won't come back! I'll stop drinking! Anything!"

As you aim at him, the man at the other end of the line makes a break for it!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 11, 2012, 08:16:56 pm
"Such a bother."

> Aim, and take an easy shot at his leg, quickly moving over to him and finishing him off
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 11, 2012, 08:29:10 pm
"ARGH! NO, PLEASE N-"

Bang. Thud. Nobody else seems to want to run.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 11, 2012, 08:40:06 pm
"Patience is wearing thin. You know what? All you have to do is give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you. Can you manage that, even?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 01:37:48 pm
Five of the survivors stay quiet, while one of them speaks.

"Because... we're.... people..? I don't know! Nobody wants to die! You don't get anything out of killing us!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 02:19:15 pm
"You aren't people. People don't sit in a shithole bar all fucking day, people go out, seek to find a comfortable living, seek to change the world...you do nothing. You're less than human."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 02:57:46 pm
The men look at each-other, as if expecting somebody else to answer you. Nobody does.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 03:21:06 pm
"You hear that? WRETCHES! ALL OF YOU! NOW, GET OUT OF HERE, DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR LIVES! FIGHT! WIN! IT'S THE SYSTEM THAT KNOCKED YOU DOWN, SO ARE YOU GOING TO STAND UP AND KILL THE SYSTEM? OR WILL YOU REMAIN SLAVES TO THE REIGN OF TYRANTS?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 03:28:46 pm
They start running at the words "get out of here," but they don't manage to get out until you're finishing your speech. You hear police sirens nearby.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 03:40:26 pm
> Reload, then look for possible exits
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 04:11:09 pm
The back entrance the first few escaped from leads to an alley, but they might always approach from there to get you by surprise. The front door isn't all that subtle, though.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 04:26:13 pm
> Figure that I might as well shoot any officers that would come in through the back entrance, since there should be more in the front, and head out the back
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 04:52:20 pm
You look out the back entrance. To the right, the alley takes another right out onto the road. To the left, you see the bartender standing with two officers on the pavement. He runs as he sees you, and the officers turn around, firing!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 05:00:46 pm
> Duck back into cover, then look around for any gutter pipes or other footholds I could use to get onto the roofs.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 06:50:02 pm
You could probably manage to climb the wall opposite the back-exit, but it'd be difficult while you're being fired at.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 06:52:46 pm
> Take a few shots at the officers, then attempt to climb the wall
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 06:59:35 pm
They duck for cover, and you run for the wall, climbing quickly up it. You reach the top, but a searing pain in the leg tells you you've been shot!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 07:04:46 pm
> Suck in air, pulling myself onto the rooftop, and crawling over to a safe spot, attempting to push the bullet out and heal the leg wound

Okay, that wasn't as painful as it was surprising! But I'm not going to let that asshole get away...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 07:06:00 pm
It's more painful than usual, but surprisingly easy. You form new flesh within the wound to push out the bullet, and within a few seconds it's as good as new.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 07:09:40 pm
> Pick up the bullet, pocketing it so I don't leave as much physical evidence, then look over the edge, aiming
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 07:12:38 pm
The officers are taken by surprise, and quickly aim back at you, too far away from cover to make a run for it.

"DROP THE WEAPON!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 07:16:16 pm
"HOW ABOUT I DROP YOU, INSTEAD!?"

> Fire at them
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 07:18:34 pm
They open fire back, but you've got the advantage as you're partially hidden by the roof. You're hit painfully in the left shoulder, but the two officers are hit in the stomach and chest.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 07:22:23 pm
> Push the bullet out as I take a few more shots at their centers of mass

"FALL DOWN YOU PRICKS!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 07:27:36 pm
Both of them fall to the ground, bleeding out badly.

Four more officers run into the alley from around the corner to the right of the exit!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 07:29:46 pm
> Duck back onto the roof, looking around for any directions I can run in
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 07:31:02 pm
There are no other roofs within jumping distance, but there's a fire escape on the other side.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 07:35:07 pm
> Quickly use the fire escape to make a getaway
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 08:10:24 pm
You hurry down the fire escape, trying to ignore the intense pain in your shoulder. You descend onto a busy street, several people running as they see you.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 08:12:04 pm
> Pocket gun, keep running until I find my way into the maze of abandoned buildings I'm familiar with, trying to extract the bullet as I do so
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 08:21:45 pm
You manage to both get the bullet out, and escape to more familiar territory without being caught.

That was messier than usual, but definitely entertaining.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 08:24:43 pm
It was better than just staying in. I guess I learned some useful things about myself. Mainly that I need to work on my aim.

> Head back into my little private room, focusing on transforming into myself again, with my preferred clothing
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 08:29:58 pm
You keep track on the watch, and it takes you exactly three minutes. You're getting much better.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 08:36:20 pm
"Perfect. Soon I'll be able to do this on the fly!"

> Try going for scales again, becoming reptilian in appearance
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 09:01:38 pm
Scales are easier than clothes. A minute is all it takes.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 09:03:33 pm
"Excellent®!"

> Grow a tail as well, if I hadn't done that, claws and spikes running down my back, and topping it off with two wings
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 09:18:45 pm
This is where it gets tricky. You're in a lot of pain for the next twenty minutes, but you turn into a rather satisfying dragon.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 09:23:21 pm
> Regain myself for a few moments, getting up, slowly extending my tongue out of my mouth, licking my chops

"Such wonderful power! It's only limited by temporary barriers, but they can be surmounted easily enough!"

> Acquaint myself with my new form a bit, flapping my wings, trying to hover
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 13, 2012, 09:25:24 pm
 Your wings work perfectly, but you seem to be a little too heavy...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 13, 2012, 09:28:06 pm
"...Alright, it's time I tried this again. Let's see how far my skills have truly come..."

> Begin process of hollowing out bones
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 13, 2012, 09:34:16 pm
You can't describe how painful this is. You just can't. It's the most unpleasant hour you've ever experienced, but you think it might just work...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 13, 2012, 09:35:41 pm
> Tentatively lift legs, test movement, then begin flapping

THIS JUST MIGHT WORK!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 13, 2012, 09:41:46 pm
Your first few attempts don't work, leading you to believe you wasted your effort, but the next attempt causes you to hit the ground a fraction of a second later. You persist, and after ten minutes you're hovering perfectly!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 13, 2012, 09:43:06 pm
YES!

> Attempt to fly around room, assuming I have enough space to work with
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 13, 2012, 09:50:59 pm
You have very little space. It might not be a great idea to try it outside, but it's not like you're recognisable in the slightest.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 13, 2012, 09:53:22 pm
> Open the door, then walk out a ways before flapping my wings, and taking flight

Wrath, as long as I act as your avatar...am I technically immortal?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 13, 2012, 10:02:35 pm
Good thing you asked that. Not at all! You can use your power to heal wounds others would die from, yes, but I've had hosts killed before. If you're shot in the head or blown to pieces you're not likely to be able to heal yourself quickly enough.

You get off to a very shaky start, but you get the hang of it fairly quickly, flying smoothly across the road below!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 13, 2012, 10:05:27 pm
> Fly about in large circles

Well, assuming I avoid having my head reduced to chunky salsa. If I avoid fatal injury, will I be able to sustain my life indefinitely?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 13, 2012, 10:14:34 pm
Hrm... I never thought about that, but it's possible. You haven't changed any of the finer details in your DNA yet, but at the rate you're going it could be possible to reduce your age in more than just appearance...

You glide through the air, looking down at the streets below, feeling almost weightless. Several people start pointing at you, followed by more getting out of their cars to look.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 13, 2012, 10:18:14 pm
I wonder...can I come up with some pyrotechnics for my audience?

> Try to form a mechanism in my throat that allows for me to breathe fire
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 08:25:37 pm
You're not sure you can create something so intricate in your own throat, at least not without a specific idea of what you're doing. More cars and stopping, and more people are getting out. Several people quickly reach for their phones, and start taking pictures.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 08:27:07 pm
> Do a few loops and twirls, putting on a small airshow before retreating back into the alleys, reverting into a nondescript man
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 08:39:53 pm
The crowd gets rather large, and you conveniently fly away just as the police arrive, landing in an alleyway.

You change your appearance, and your clothes since you can do that fast enough for it to be not worth skipping. Keeping your bones hollow would be convenient if you want to fly again soon, but filling them up would probably make them less fragile.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 08:41:07 pm
> Keep them hollow for now, walking back towards Stacey's house, and finding a convenient spot to turn back into John before entering
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 08:51:09 pm
It's now around five in the afternoon. Stacey calls you as you enter.

"John! Where were you for so long! I got really worried! But hurry, there's something on the news!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 08:53:24 pm
"What, what is it?"

> Hurry over to the television, knowing what to expect
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 09:12:27 pm
Stacey is staring at the TV, a film of you flying around playing on a local news channel.

"...for several minutes. The... subject has been described as a clothed reptile with wings. The NYPD has yet to comment on the matter, and many of their resources are currently investigating the incident at the Red Eagle bar, where several customers, and two police officers, were shot dead by an unidentified woman, less than two hours ago."

"It's like the wolf you mentioned! What's going on?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 09:15:40 pm
"...I don't know...Stacey, no matter what happens, you know I'll always protect you. These last few days...I think something's wrong with this city."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 09:36:52 pm
She hugs you tightly, shivering a little.

"I just... I'm going to have our baby soon and now there are werewolves, flying lizards, and more officers being killed than usual. I couldn't look after a baby alone, John... You know that..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 09:40:02 pm
"I don't know what else I can do about this...this job is all I have."

> Hug her back
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 09:53:56 pm
"Just... just... figure out what's going on and stop it before anyone else gets killed! Please, be careful, John."

Awful music playing from your phone tells you you've been sent a message.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 09:57:26 pm
Oh my fuck, what kind of nimrod uses a ringtone like that?

> Resolve to change the ringtone later, and check my phone

"I wouldn't take anything without complete seriousness after this."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 10:23:35 pm
It's from Viola.

Sup? It's Leo. I was thinking about moving. What do you think, man?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 10:27:52 pm
> Reply back

Hello, Leo. That sounds great, perhaps we could discuss it over drinks at the cafe near that place we met earlier?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 10:37:39 pm
Nah, man, The guys from last night are here and I don't want to ditch them. You can come over if you want, though.

"Who're you texting? I've never seen you text before."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 10:39:55 pm
"One of the guys that I work with. He's asking if I heard what just happened, with the bar, and the dragon. He also says the chief's thinking of calling me back in."

> Reply

Sure, sounds good. I'll be over soon.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 10:56:05 pm
"He is? I forgot to tell you the Chief called when you were away. He said that... well, Brown and Turner were killed earlier, I'm sorry. but he also said you should call him back and tell him when you think you'll be ready to come back, so it's odd that he's changing his mind..."

Remember, you know how wasted they get! Won't be any booze left if you don't get here quick!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 10:58:59 pm
Okay!

"Well, there's been a few major incidents. Things can change. I love you, Stacey. But I have to carry out my sworn duty."

> Hug her tightly

"I'll be safe."

> Walk out the door, heading towards Viola's residence
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 16, 2012, 07:59:54 pm
"Please do..." she says as you leave, sounding different from usual.

You arrive at the street with Viola's apartment on it. Four police cars and an armoured van are pulled up in front of it, the officers only just getting out, all heavily armed. You can tell they're taking this very seriously.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 16, 2012, 08:04:12 pm
I think my wife suspects that I'm involved in something a little more scandalous than what I say I'm doing, yet a lot more mundane than what I'm actually doing.

> Duck into an alley, buffing myself up into giant wolf form, taking more precautions by attempting to add an armor of sorts while waiting for them to start entering
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 16, 2012, 08:10:20 pm
Well, you are meeting up with another woman in her apartment behind her back.

You make your hide as thick as possible, layering it with a kevlar-like material.

The officers are prepared this time, and seem competent. Five approach the building, assault rifles raised, while three others walk backwards in, covering the rear. One officer stays in every vehicle, using the radio.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 16, 2012, 08:15:43 pm
> Try to make my way unseen through a window in the side of the building, breaking into a room that would allow me to flank the incoming squad in the hallway

I know I can't keep up the charade forever. In fact, I may have to reveal myself to her very soon. It's sad, though. She had no idea that her husband was a horrible person.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 16, 2012, 08:33:29 pm
You weren't the pettiest criminal they brought to that room. They weren't the worst officers, either.

You find several windows large enough and in the right positions, but they're locked, and the doors probably are, too.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 16, 2012, 08:36:24 pm
Well, now I'm going to have to be a little forceful.

> Attempt to break through the window, as well as the door
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 16, 2012, 08:44:12 pm
The men are gathered around the door as you smash through it, probably expecting somebody had escaped by breaking the window! They react quickly, but they're taken by surprise, and not quite quick enough...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 16, 2012, 08:46:56 pm
> Roar, slashing through the entire line, savoring the blood and flesh while picking up a weapon for myself, taking the fight to the officers sitting in their cars outside
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 04:20:16 pm
You rip through two officers at once, the rest spraying their clips into you! Your thick hide limits the damage somewhat, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt to have six assault rifles fired at you!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 04:30:52 pm
> Tackle and slash as many as I can manage at once, trying to take a weapon for myself to use against them
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 04:43:31 pm
You slash two with your claws and tackle one to the ground at the same time, wrenching his weapon out of his hands! You're going to have to compromise between wolf paws and the ability to fire a gun.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 04:45:37 pm
> Adjust hands appropriately, stomp officer to death, then head towards Viola's apartment
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 04:49:22 pm
You stomp the officer's head into the ground, and quickly turn, gunning down the other three as their clips run out and they and try to run away. You hurry to Viola's apartment. Nobody checks to see what the gunshots were, fortunately, and you quickly show up at Viola's.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 04:53:15 pm
> Knock down door, skipping the usual formalities
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 04:59:33 pm
Thankfully, Viola seems alone. She quickly turns to the door, aiming a pistol as you knock it down, quickly lowering it as she sees it's you.

"They're getting out of their cars and talking quickly into their rad- Holy fuck you're bleeding all over the place!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 05:22:32 pm
"I'll be okay..."

> Push out bullets, healing flesh

"Anyway, you'll have to trust me for a while."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 05:28:03 pm
The bullets are more tricky to pull out when you've got so many of them, but you slowly start working on it.

"There'll be more coming soon and I've got no idea how they found me. What's your plan?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 05:46:23 pm
> Hand her the assault rifle, getting down into quadrupedal stance

"Hop on."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 05:56:40 pm
She catches it, inspecting it quickly before cautiously climbing onto your back.

"...Are you sure this is more convenient than us both running normally?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 06:05:27 pm
"Trust me, I'm quite sure I can run much faster."

> Take off down the hallway, heading for a stairway or window
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 07:04:48 pm
You take off down the stairs, Viola holding on tightly.

"SWAT'll arrive soon. From experience I'm guessing they were nearby already."

As if on cue, you hear a large group entering downstairs- not quietly, either.

Don't get the impression that I want to help you, but there's an easier way if you happen to have full access to the powers of the watch.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 07:07:13 pm
What do you mean, full powers? You weren't holding anything out on me, were you?

> Back up a bit
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 07:24:56 pm
"That'll be them."

It's an extension of what I gave you that you may or may not be capable of using. Try changing her appearance. Act as if her body was an extension of your own.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 07:36:33 pm
What!? Well...I'm assuming that it'll be as painful for her as it was for me...

> Head back for the room

"You're going to have to trust me here! Keep calm, and don't panic!"

> Imagine her filling out to become a wolf similar to myself, imagine stretching and sculpting her like a clay statue while trying to make the change as smooth as possible, and if that's too much, try changing her into someone that doesn't look like her, fashioning some armor for her
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 07:54:50 pm
You have to put your hands on her shoulders for it to work, and she looks thoroughly confused until you begin. She then shouting out in pain before gritting her teeth and trying to repress it. You keep her mostly human-shaped to rearrange as few bones as possible, but changing the facial features looks very painful. The entire process is very difficult on your concentration, but after three minutes, she's a werewolf nearly as fearsome as you are, staring at her paws.

"What the..."

Wrath chuckles quietly. He seems impressed.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 07:58:17 pm
"Now come on, we've got some officers to plow our way through! They won't be gentle."

> Sprint out, growling, heading towards the squad
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 08:07:15 pm
The door is kicked down as you turn, and they throw a grenade into the room, taking cover behind the wall!

"TWO WOLVES! REPEAT, TWO WOLVES!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 08:10:19 pm
> Quickly attempt to swat the grenade back out, seeing if there are any window exits we can take in this room
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 08:31:02 pm
You hit the grenade, and it explodes near the door! You're mostly unharmed, but several small pieces of shrapnel pierce your hide. The men start firing in, more accurately than the police officers! There's a large window, but you're three floors up!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 08:35:32 pm
> Decide that the window would be the easiest way out

"JUMP!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 08:44:43 pm
You jump, and smash through the window, watching as the ground rushes up to meet you. Your four legs smash into the concrete, your hollow bones breaking on impact! Viola lands shortly after, painfully, but not badly injured.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 08:48:55 pm
"...FUCK...SHIT...FUCK...FUCK..."

> Try reforming, taking the time to refill my bones if possible, then try leading the way
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 12:51:33 pm
They start firing from the window, so your only option is to make a shoddy job of mending the broken parts, and start running as fast as possible.

"Where're we going?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 12:58:32 pm
"Just follow me! I know where we can hide."

> Run as best as I can manage for my hideout
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 01:11:56 pm
Lots of people see you, screaming and running. Every time you cross a road, people either skid to a halt or try to run you down. You quickly reach your hideout, but the alley leading to it is next to a busy road, and people probably saw you run into it. Nobody's looking now, however.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 01:22:29 pm
"Hide in here. I have to create a distraction."

> Spend more time reforming before running through more streets
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 01:35:04 pm
You take a minute reforming most of your important bones, before starting to run through several more streets. You can hear police sirens coming from several directions in the distance.

I'm pretty sure they're descending into blind panic right now.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 02:19:57 pm
Flailing beasts can still easily crush something in blind panic.

> Make my way through more streets, into a discreet alley, and then take a disguise, calmly walking back
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 02:33:37 pm
You walk back to the building, noticing several speeding police cars and SWAT vans on the way there. Viola's in the corridor near your room, eyeing you cautiously as you enter.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 03:14:40 pm
"White wedding, don't worry."

> Change back

"So...they just found you, then? What happened to your roommates?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 03:23:24 pm
"Thankfully they all happened to be out at the time, or they'd be asking me some pretty weird questions. I've got no idea how they found me, but the two guys I used to work with knew what building I lived in..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 03:28:24 pm
"I'm really going to have to read the papers tomorrow. So...those two assholes probably had something to do with it, considering their hand in that other matter of yours."

> Reform any bones that I might have left hollow or damaged

Do you know if she can change herself back?

"So...how does it feel, being a supposed 'werewolf' like me?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 03:32:32 pm
I generally used this as a form of torture, so no.

You had quite a few pretty nasty wounds, but you patch those up relatively easily.

"It's interesting, but it itches. You can change me back, right?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 03:36:47 pm
"Yeah, just hold still. It won't be as painful in reverse."

> Reverse the process, imagining her shrinking down into her normal frame, back to her old self
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 03:41:41 pm
Her painful breaths turn into a deep sigh of relief. She looks at her hands, herself again.

Your phone starts ringing. It's somehow worse than the song that plays when you receive texts.

"...You have no taste whatsoever." says Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 03:47:02 pm
"That's because this isn't my phone. Please, be quiet, this is probably important to my cover."

> Change voice to John's, answering

"Hello?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 03:54:04 pm
"...John... You're... okay." she says, sounding as if she was just crying. "The detective called. He... he explained that a lot of men were just killed by two of those wolves... and... he... wanted to make sure you were safely at home..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 03:57:51 pm
"Wait, wolves? He called? Shit...alright, I'll be back as soon as possible. Stacey, I love you..."

> Wait for her to finish the call before talking to Viola

"You can stay here for the night. It's easy to board up the door, just hammer a nail into the wall. There's some weapons, equipment, and other things in here that you can use to defend yourself should the need arise. Until then, farewell. I should be back tomorrow."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 04:02:20 pm
"I... love you too." she says, sobbing a little and quickly hanging up.

Viola sits down on the mattress, looking around the room, not that there's a lot to look at.
"You live here? No wonder you're so pissed off."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 04:04:06 pm
"Yeah, sure, let's just say that. Get ready for a storm, kid. You were right there in the eye of it."

> Head out, turning into John, returning home
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 04:10:03 pm
"I'm like the same age as you!" she calls after you as you leave.

You return home without any problems, noticing the sudden increase in the number of police cars out. Stacey is waiting for you in the hall, obviously crying.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 04:14:03 pm
> Run over and hug her

"Stacey, Stacey I'm okay! Don't worry, I'm here...everything's going to be okay..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 04:17:21 pm
She's stiff as you hug her. Her arms shift uncomfortably, as if deciding whether to hug you back or not.

"...You weren't called back to work... were you?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 04:19:02 pm
"No...I wasn't."

> Get off, sighing

"But it's not what you're thinking."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 04:26:24 pm
"What was I thinking?" she asks, looking on-edge. "That's a worryingly specific denial."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 04:27:25 pm
Oh, dammit...

"I wasn't with the police...I was out drinking with a few buddies."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 04:33:35 pm
You're not great with words, are you?

"...At a time like THIS?" she asks, looking more shocked than angry.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 04:37:08 pm
"Yes...I'm really sorry about that, it's just that we've been planning this for about a week, and one of them asks where I am...I'm sorry, this latest incident has convinced me of how dangerous it really is."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 20, 2012, 08:14:56 pm
"...But you lied to me, John... Why..?" she says while looking away from you, distraught.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 20, 2012, 08:29:52 pm
"...Because I didn't want to sound selfish."

I'm torn between just coming out and continuing this.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 20, 2012, 08:34:16 pm
"...So you decided to avoid sounding selfish by being selfish and lying to me when I'm worrying so much about you as it is?"

She's certainly not making this easy, nor very interesting to listen to... Killing her could have its own problems, but I think that could be fun to watch.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 20, 2012, 08:39:05 pm
I'm against killing her.

"...Yes...I'm completely in the wrong here, I'm sorry..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 20, 2012, 08:45:23 pm
Do you have any reason to want her here? She isn't useful, and she doesn't seem particularly intelligent, either.

She looks very surprised.

"...Really? You... I don't think you've ever said that."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 20, 2012, 08:49:14 pm
"Well, I just did. Now...let's just put this whole thing behind us. Shall I make dinner again?"

She provides good cover.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 20, 2012, 08:56:41 pm
"...Alright. Call me when it's ready..."

If you value your cover, you should probably start figuring out how you're going to explain what you were doing to your boss.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 20, 2012, 08:59:44 pm
It shouldn't be hard...besides, I've got a partner of my own to work with now.

> Go to the kitchen and gather the materials necessary for making breaded porkchops and angel hair noodles, then get to work
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 21, 2012, 01:00:29 pm
Just try to be careful. If you get yourself killed I need to spend forever finding somebody else.

Stacey retreats to the living room, to watch the news, and you begin preparing the meal, listening to the television from the other room. It seems the chief of police has made an official press statement.

"We can neither confirm nor deny the legitimacy of any details associated with the strange incidents today. We offer our most sincere condolences to the families of the officers who lost their lives throughout today, and of the civilians whose lives were tragically ended in the shooting earlier. I will stress that while we cannot discuss speculation as to the cause of the deaths of some of the officers, we are investigating the causes of death fully, and will not stop until the truth has been reached."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 21, 2012, 02:10:46 pm
Yeah, good luck with that, pal. Everybody and their mother knows what's up. People were really handy with their cell phones.

> Continue making dinner

So, if I can change others...well, you probably already came up with a lot of tricks. But I've got something else in mind that I want to try...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 21, 2012, 02:17:16 pm
And what would that be, exactly?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 21, 2012, 02:20:11 pm
We'll try it later, when the wife's asleep.

> Set the table, get everything ready

"Dinner's ready, honey!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 21, 2012, 02:27:43 pm
Stacey walks in, looking more surprised than yesterday.

"This is... really impressive, John."

She sits down, and waits for you to sit as well, before beginning to eat.

"...Really, really impressive."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 21, 2012, 02:30:34 pm
"I tried my best for you...I'm glad you like it."

> Enjoy the meal

"So, what did you do today?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 21, 2012, 02:38:26 pm
"...Not a lot... I've been so worried about all of this I haven't been able to concentrate on anything besides watching the news and hoping nothing else happens..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 21, 2012, 02:42:19 pm
"It'll all resolve itself soon. You needn't worry about it, we'll be safe."

> Finish up, putting my dishes in the dishwasher and sitting back at the table, waiting for Stacey to finish
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 21, 2012, 03:03:20 pm
Stacey eats very quickly, finishing much faster than you. You guess she hasn't eaten much today. You finish afterwards, and put the dishes away.

"Just please be careful... Please... Anyway... I feel tired... Think I'll go to bed early."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 21, 2012, 03:04:18 pm
"Alright, honey. Get all the rest you need, it'll be good for you."

> Kiss her goodnight
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 21, 2012, 03:07:48 pm
She kisses you back, and heads upstairs.

"Goodnight."

As you were saying?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 21, 2012, 03:11:17 pm
> Step into the backyard, or another discreet area

I was wondering if I could do a little trick...something like this.

> Attempt to change myself into another man, while also trying to expand my form into a second "body" in order to make it appear that I am two people, holding hands, my other "body" female
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 21, 2012, 04:10:13 pm
There isn't much of a yard, but the kitchen is fine now that she's in bed.

You turn yourself into another man easily enough, but after that it gets very difficult. You form a third hand, attached to your left hand, and start slowly and painfully fleshing out the arm. That takes half an hour alone, and it takes you just over two hours to sculpt out the entire body. It's agonising, but you make slow and steady progress.

You can now see and sense things through both of your bodies, although your hands are permanently connected.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 21, 2012, 04:24:24 pm
This could be marginally useful.

> Try turning my heads towards each other, speaking with my second head

"Hello, darling."

> Try taking a walk around the kitchen
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 04:42:22 pm
This has to be the weirdest thing you've ever tried to do. After turning your second head in the wrong direction several times, you figure out how to make it look like you're talking. Walking is a different matter entirely, and you sort of lurch around the room for a few minutes before starting to get used to it and only looking like you're both a little drunk.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
> Walk over to the couch, sitting down, crossing both sets of my legs

"Today was quite the day..."
"Tell me your favorite thing about it."
"Well, there was that one part where I plowed through that entire squad, through assault rifle fire."
"I would have to agree with you on that one. It was a great display of true power."
"...What do you think they call me? Surely they've come up with something besides 'Wolf.' Do they call me 'Ripper?' 'Bonecruncher?' 'Killer?' As unimaginative as those are, they encompass my acts thus far."
"They most surely would call you a monster, if nothing else."
"Everyone would. It's because they don't understand. A man doesn't simply walk out of his house one morning having decided to commit the crimes that I have. A man is slowly driven to such a point. Day by day, he is wronged...his anger slowly builds, and when he's simply had enough, he does what I did."
"And what would you say you did?"
"I could say I went a little insane, and I began taking my revenge..."
"...Give me a kiss, sweetheart."
"With pleasure..."

> Start passionately kissing myself
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 05:00:30 pm
You really like talking to yourself, and you think you're a very good kisser, too.

...What are you doing..?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 05:06:24 pm
I'M HAVING A DRAMATIC MOMENT.

> Finish up

"...Until next time, darling. Goodbye."

> Revert to normal, relocating to the study before attempting another groundbreaking transformation by attempting to become a cat
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 05:10:34 pm
Removing your partner is much faster than adding it, but turning into a cat brings up a whole new set of problems. You'll have to change the sizes of every bone and organ in your body individually, and you're not sure you can manage that yet, and if you could it'd be far too painful to be worth it.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 05:13:36 pm
> Sigh, then try modifying my body to include several long, tentacle-like appendages, moving them around
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 05:23:55 pm
It's actually a lot easier than wings, since they're just like a long rope of muscle rather than something complex. You grow several bloody tentacles in about ten seconds.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 05:25:21 pm
> Try moving them around, maneuvering and manipulating them, and try grabbing some mundane object with one
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 05:27:50 pm
They're rather complicated to use, but after controlling two bodies at once it's perfectly feasible. After a minute you're able to slide a book from a shelf fairly easily.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 05:33:19 pm
> Put it back, then retract all of my tentacles

What else should I try...hmm...there was that time I turned my finger into metal in order to unlock those handcuffs on Viola...

> Attempt to transform my hands into metallic claws
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 06:09:40 pm
It's difficult in a different way to how things are normally difficult, as it's a foreign material, but you grow them pretty much instantly.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 06:12:24 pm
> Examine fingers, slashing the air

This is good...do you have any requests?

> Attempt to grow eyes in the back of my head
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 06:21:05 pm
I've been stuck with nothing but this power since Troy burned down. I've already done everything with it.

It's quick and simple, but it's a little disorientating getting used to a whole new field of vision.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 06:29:00 pm
INCLUDING that self-makeout thing I just did? Anyway, if you chose me as your avatar, you might as well tell me more about yourself. I mean, some basics would be nice. Aside from your name and your personality, I know so little about you!

> Look around for a while with both sets of eyes, before moving the eyes on the back of my head onto my palms, at the same time trying to grow a large, sharp-toothed maw in my stomach
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 07:21:55 pm
...Except that. What exactly do you want to know? I was Genghis Khan, if that interests you.

It's disorientating looking through more eyes than you normally have, but you're getting your head around it. Your new maw, however impractical it may be, looks fearsome.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 07:29:14 pm
> Gnash the teeth a bit, before reverting to normal and attempting to grow three additional pairs of legs, and three additional pairs of eyes, slowly becoming a human-sized spider

That definitely IS interesting! That means not only did you create the most expansive empire in history, you fathered such a vast number of children! Well, my first question is how exactly do you pass this watch on whenever your host dies?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 07:44:06 pm
 Somebody else usually takes it, and I control them. It wasn't always a watch, obviously. It was a medallion with Khan. I can transfer it from one object to another if I have a human host.

It's getting progressively easier to fulfill your strange wishes. You're just applying things you've done before, so it takes you twenty seconds to become a rather disturbing spider-person.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 07:47:41 pm
> Grow spidery fangs, and hair, tweaking the legs so they appear and function as a spider's would, attempting to climb the wall

How many hosts would you say you've gone through? And how do your hosts normally die?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 07:52:59 pm
This isn't painful, but it is difficult, and takes you some tweaking to get right. Once finished, you climb up the wall, officially a giant spider.

I don't keep any track whatsoever. I don't care enough to.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 07:58:28 pm
> Crawl around a bit, before returning to the ground, becoming John again and heading for bed

What about your relations with your peers? You mentioned there were others that hadn't done much for centuries, but do you have a history with any of them?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 08:04:39 pm
You make sure everything is as you left it, before walking upstairs and finding Stacet-y fast asleep.

I'm not particularly fond of any of them, nor have I been in contact with them recently.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 08:06:15 pm
Well, I guess that's all I have for now. We'll have an even busier day tomorrow...

> Get in bed, closing my eyes
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 08:15:33 pm
You only just realise how tired you are, the comfy bed quickly sending you to sleep.

The alarm wakes you up, leaving you with the frustrating feeling that you were having a good dream and can't remember anything about it.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 08:17:51 pm
Wrath, did you see any of what I was dreaming about? It's dancing off the stage that is my mind too quickly for me to recall, but I know it was good!

> Get up, heading over to the bathroom and getting ready to take a nice shower
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 08:25:01 pm
I have to sit through all your dreams. I have no idea which one you're talking about, but I didn't find any of them interesting.

You undress, and get into the shower, turning on the hot water at the exact moment the phone rings.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 08:29:30 pm
> Sigh, turning off the water, quickly grabbing a towel, and rushing out to answer it

"Hello? Who is this?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 08:40:49 pm
"It's the chief. Carter's just told me that the bodies of the men killed yesterday were infected with something we haven't identified yet, and since you were injured yesterday, you're going to need to stop by for a blood test even if you weren't going to turn up. We're dealing with a lot of unknowns here, and we can't have some disease spreading on top of that."

Wrath is laughing quietly for some reason.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 08:47:06 pm
Wait wait wait, infected? With what? How did I infect people? And WITH WHAT?

"Certainly, sir. I'll be over as soon as possible!"

> Skip the shower for now, heading for the kitchen to prepare a meager breakfast of toaster pastries or something on my way out the door, heading for the police station
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 08:54:23 pm
Wrath doesn't answer you, but he still seems amused.

You drive to the police station without any problems, being allowed in as usual. Two men in sterile clothing and masks nod to you, moving down a corridor and motioning for you to follow them.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 08:59:26 pm
> Follow them down cautiously

Did I just infect everyone there with a...well, I won't point out my suspicion.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 09:09:51 pm
No, please, do go on.

They open a door into a clean-looking room with two beds in it- the infirmary.

"Please, sit down and roll up your sleeve." says one.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 09:15:05 pm
> Roll up the sleeve of my right arm, holding it out, sitting down

A...rage zombie virus?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 09:25:25 pm
Wrath laughs more loudly, but doesn't say anything else.

"It'll take a moment to find a vein..."
They look around your arm for a minute, before picking a good spot, and sliding the needle into your vein. You watch the blood trickling up the narrow tube. It hurts, but you've felt a lot worse recently.

"Alright, that's it. Thanks."
The needle is removed, and your arm is dabbed with a damp cotton bud.

"I've been told to tell you that there's a conference in the main briefing room, and that you're to attend as a witness. Please wear this."

He hands you a mask, and the other holds the door open.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 09:27:54 pm
> Take a look at the mask before putting it on

Why would I need to be anonymous for this? Is this some law that I'm not aware of?

> Enter the conference room
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 09:36:44 pm
It's a medical mask of the same kind worn by the men doing the blood test. Probably to avoid contamination.

You enter the huge room from before, noting twelve people sitting at the front, and the chief on the stage. He calls over to you as you enter.

"John, we were just starting. Take a seat."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 09:40:15 pm
"Yes, sir."

> Take a seat, listen patiently
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2012, 08:35:07 pm
You notice that everyone else is wearing a mask, too. The chief begins once you sit down, flicking through the pages on his lectern.

"Carter arranged this meeting, and I don't know why, since he usually solves his cases off-the-radar. All of you are in some way related to recent events, but I'm not seeing much of a pattern. Unfortunately, he just called to say he's going to be late, and that I should begin without him. He's given me a vague idea of what to discuss here."

He looks back at his notes, clearing his throat.

"Alright... As you know, three police officers were killed on Wednesday night by a wolf-like creature, and one officer went missing, and is presumed dead. On Thursday, twelve officers were killed over three different occassions. Two of those officers were killed at the same time as several civilians, by an armed woman who also showed up there on Wednesday. There's also a lot of footage of a some kind of clothed lizard flying around shortly afterwards. To make matters worse, though, I've been told that the bodies of the officers killed by the wolf were carrying some form of disease. John, it mentions that you should discuss any symptoms, no matter how minor, you've felt since you were attacked."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2012, 08:39:09 pm
"Um, well..."

> Think for a bit, trying to feign nervousness

"I haven't noticed anything abnormal aside from pains I would expect from wounds like these..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2012, 08:59:30 pm
"That's probably a good sign, then. Hopefully we'll have your test results soon, especially since these masks itch so badly. Reid, I've been told to ask you in detail about the PR situation. I have no idea why Carter cares, but he has a long list of carefully-worded questions."

The chief begins to ask Reid several very dull questions without any straight answers being possible. You spend twenty minutes trying to stop your eyes drooping, and you don't think you're the only one.

Without warning, the large screen switches on, displaying Detective Carter's head and shoulders, on a plain white background. The chief is surprised, but doesn't seem at all bothered at the interruption of his exciting question.

"I apologise for running so late, and for not showing up in person. The technicians allowed me access to this screen for a video conference. I also apologise for the questions I left, but I had to stall for some time while I prepared properly. It was unprofessional, I'm aware. We will continue the meeting in around one hour, but first I would like to interview each of you in person, starting with Officer O'Connor. I would appreciate it if the rest of you could wait outside for a while. The chief is exempt should he wish so, obviously."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2012, 09:03:28 pm
"Um, alright, sir..."

> Sit in my seat while everybody else leaves

He's not connecting all of this shit, is he?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2012, 09:13:00 pm
Everyone leaves, and closes the door behind them, looking rather bored.

Carter starts speaking, his usually polite demeanor broken by a smug smile tugging ever so slightly at his lips. You hear your voice and his echoing very faintly- this isn't the only screen he's speaking through.

"You can take off the mask. I tampered with the autopsy reports; there is no disease. The first question I'd like to ask you is simple... What's your name?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2012, 09:16:56 pm
OF COURSE HE DOESN'T HAVE THE MINERALS TO BE HERE WHEN HE ACCUSES ME. DAMMIT.

> Take off the mask

"...Um...John O'Connor?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2012, 09:23:05 pm
Carter smiles a good deal wider.

"Oh? Then how do you explain the woman and the wolf who happen to have exactly the same blood as you... or the mutilated bodies I tracked down that happened to share the same dental records as both you and your missing partner?"

Wrath doesn't even attempt to keep his laughter quiet.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2012, 09:26:28 pm
"...It's polite for you to be the one to introduce yourself first, if you're the one asking."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2012, 09:36:48 pm
"Detective Nick Carter. Unlike you, I'm exactly who I appear I am. You've not been discovered by another shapeshifter or anything like that; you just got stupid and careless. You left a hundred signs pointing to you, and the blood proves it."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2012, 09:43:07 pm
"Whoa now, don't go off saying that we were playing a game like that. I wasn't trying to be incredibly discreet, anyway. You can call me Drake Hellbolt...the name isn't worth much. Are you going to keep gloating over something a child could figure out, or are we actually going to have a meaningful conversation?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2012, 09:52:58 pm
"I think I'm allowed to gloat just this once, but if you want to cut straight to the important parts, then tell me... How do you transform the way you do?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2012, 09:55:04 pm
"Don't try to pull that on me, man! You're the detective, how about you sleuth it out? Need a hint to go on? Alright, here's one!"

> Transform into the girl I was when I shot up the bar

"Happy with that? Here, watch in in reverse!"

> Change back

"That's all you get."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2012, 10:01:55 pm
"That's interesting... We'll figure that out later, though. Viola's clearly the second wolf. Does she have the same abilities as you? She'd have to have aquired them at some point yesterday, which is later than you did."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2012, 10:11:21 pm
"Yeah, you could say that. Got anything else for me, or are you and your friends satisfied for now?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2012, 07:56:59 pm
"I'm afraid my 'friends' aren't entirely satisfied, considering the fact that we're the only two people here who have any idea what's going on right now. We should probably get a move on."

Carter straightens his posture, assuming his usual air of quiet confidence.
"Drake Hellbolt, you are under arrest for serial murder. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney. If you do not have an attorney, one will be provided for you. If you are not a United States citizen, you may contact your country's consulate prior to any questioning. Do you understand these rights as they have been read to you?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2012, 08:03:31 pm
"Splendidly. Now that we've set up everything, let's start playing the game..."

> Stand up, turn off the monitor
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2012, 08:10:04 pm
The screen clicks as Carter's face vanishes from sight. You turn as you hear the doors being kicked open.

More officers than you can count begin to flood in, all aiming tasers.

Well, do you have a plan here?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2012, 08:12:32 pm
> Scan the room for all exits, particularly noting the door that I entered through

They brought tasers...I guess they're feeling confident.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2012, 08:22:07 pm
Wrath seems amused.

Have you tried shapeshifting while being electrocuted? Carter thought this one through, but I'm getting the impression that you didn't.

There are three sets of doors at the other ends of the room, men moving through all of them. They start to gather near you, none move closer than six metres away from you.

"Get down on the ground, with your hands behind your back."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2012, 08:25:27 pm
"I won't consider it."

> Quickly pick up my chair and hurl it with great strength at the line of men, taking cover behind the television monitor, and moving it forward, plowing through as quickly as I can
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2012, 08:30:57 pm
The monitor is wall-mounted, but you don't get that far, regardless. You throw your chair, hitting an officer, but immediately feeling what's probably eight tasers.

It isn't enjoyable.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2012, 08:39:34 pm
GOD DAMMIT...NOT...FUCKING...AGAIN...

> Grit teeth, becoming enraged

"I WON'T SUBMIT!"

> Attempt to grab taser wires, tearing them out and pulling on them to pull the officers towards me
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2012, 08:56:48 pm
Your body convulses, on the verge of blacking out entirely. You struggle, infuriated, managing to tear out one wire painfully. You try to pull an officer towards you, barely registering that he's already right next to you, his boot connecting with your head.

You had power... you had complete control... but now you're helpless all over again.

Well, Drake... it's been entertaining...

Wrath is the last thing you hear as something else connects with your head.

******

You're awake, but barely. You take a few minutes remembering what just happened, and another few figuring out where you are.

You're tied to a cold, uncomfortable chair, with a table in front of you, and a harsh lamp pointing right at your face, making it hard to see anything else. It seems quiet.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2012, 09:00:24 pm
> Examine myself
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 07:56:45 pm
You look down, and vaguely make your body out in the glaring light. Your wrists and arms have been tied to the chair, and you've been undressed to John's vest and boxers.

You're no longer wearing a watch.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 07:59:41 pm
Shit...am I myself?

> Look around

"Is anyone here to give me a warm welcome?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 08:12:01 pm
You're not familiar with John's body, but you're pretty sure this isn't yours. You're probably John.

There's a long pause, and the door opens, somebody walking inside, and closing the door behind them. You hear a chair being pulled out, and instantly recognise the silhouette sitting at the other side of the table.

"This isn't an official interrogation, just to be clear." says Carter. "Good afternoon, Drake."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 08:16:21 pm
"I understand exactly what kind of game this is now...alright. I see you're here to deliver some off-the-record beatings. That's fine. I've come to expect it from people like you."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 08:21:35 pm
He leans back in his seat a little.

"People like who?" he asks, not cockily, or curiously, but as if this is a normal conversation.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 08:27:32 pm
"There are bigger monsters than me out there. Some are extremely petty. Tell me, Carter. Are you aware that officer John O'Connor and his partner were responsible for several murders?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 08:46:16 pm
"Didn't you wonder how I found the bodies? I was investigating him of my own accord before all of this started, and when you started acting suspisciously I picked up where I left off. I looked at his dash-cam tapes; three doors opened when the car arrived at that building, but only one door opened before it left. I searched it, and between the chairs, the ropes, and the gasoline, it was obvious what they'd been trying to do before you killed them. I'm aware that there's a significant number of officers abusing power like that, but the problem is getting enough evidence to avoid the chief hushing it up. You saved me the hassle of doing that, so thank you for that part. I can't really blame you for killing those two, since it was legitimately self-defense."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 08:53:54 pm
"I'm glad we agree on that point. But I think we both agree that my continued escapades went beyond self-defense. Tell me, Carter, what do you think of monsters now that you've encountered me?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 09:07:19 pm
"O'Connor seems petty in comparison, but that just shows that I don't know what a true monster is. Just as you turned out to be worse than him, somebody could turn out to be worse than you. Unless of course, you mean 'monster' literally, in which case I make sure I never jump to conclusions, even concerning your... abilities. Oh, and speaking of which, I did take some precautions. You have electrodes strapped to the bottom of your seat, enough to stun you, and I have the switch. I could prove it, but you'd probably prefer to take my word for it."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 09:10:39 pm
"I'm tied up anyway. So, do you have another topic? Anything else you need answered? I'm willing to talk, I guess."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 09:15:48 pm
He leans forward slightly.

"You escaped from being tied up once, didn't you? You can't do that again?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 09:19:20 pm
"I figured I wasn't at liberty to try, since you mentioned that this chair is rigged up with electrodes..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 09:33:27 pm
"You said that you're tied up anyway, as if the electrodes are irrelevant."

He pauses, and puts his hands flat on the table.

"My hands are nowhere near the button. If you shapeshift and escape, I won't do anything. You're free. Go."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 09:35:07 pm
> Hope that the amount of increased muscle mass I retained is enough to break the ropes, and attempt to break the ropes
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 09:43:23 pm
They tied you well, and you struggle pointlessly. Carter lifts his hands off the table.

"You can either tell me anything, or we can play guessing games until I figure out what's changed."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 09:47:16 pm
"Go on, super sleuth. What is the one thing you noticed about John that isn't present now..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 10:09:30 pm
"Clothes. Most of your clothing was unremarkable... except for the watch... It's a very old-looking watch, and I doubt you'd wear it without a reason, but John's had it since before you replaced him..."

Somebody knocks on the door, and Carter turns, before getting up to open it.

"We got him an attorney," says a man. " But I don't get why."

"His crimes were high-profile, and we're going to be held legally accountable for this eventually. He needs an attorney so that we can say we respected his rights." said Carter. "Send him in."

Carter turns off the lamp, leaving your vision to re adjust as he leans on the door to hold it open, looking towards you.
"We'll discuss this another time. Your attorney's here to talk to you, but I doubt you're all that interested."

A middle-aged man with greying hair and thick glasses walks in, and sits on the chair opposite you, laying some papers onto the desk. As you see more clearly, you notice the one-way window on the right wall, and guess Carter is watching.

"I'm not sure how to approach this." says your attorney, looking up at you and adjusting his glasses. "Your crimes are so severe and the evidence is so overwhelming that I can't think of a decent way to reduce your sentence. You've really done your best to incur the full wrath of the law, haven't you?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 10:12:47 pm
"Well, evidence is one thing, but then there's this new angle we have on this case...you know. They've never tried a shapeshifter before, have they? The only way I'll get out of this is with some divine intervention."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 05:20:35 pm
"Well, let's hope whatever god you believe in cares enough. Detective, I have little to discuss, but I'd like to be present during all questionings."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 05:23:05 pm
"More questions? UGH...I just got finished answering a bunch of them!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 05:40:17 pm
"There's still a lot we don't understand, so this'll be too confusing to take to court." says Carter through the intercom. "You're going to be in the station until we figure everything out, anyway, but you're allowed to go back to your cell whenever you like."

"Maybe you'd like a break?" asks Wrath.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 05:49:23 pm
"It would certainly be helpful to have some time to myself after these traumatic events. And I could also use some ADEQUATE CLOTHING."

> Say that last part to the window
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 07:56:54 pm
"I had your old clothes delivered to your cell while you were talking to him. I'll have you escorted now." says Carter.

Wrath stands up.
"Until next time."

Four officers enter the room, and Wrath leaves. The officers pick up your chair, disconnecting some wires, and start carrying it down a corridor, setting it down in a cell, cutting your ties, and quickly leaving, locking the door behind them.

The room has four concrete walls, and a steel door. There's little here apart from the stone bed, the sink and the toilet. John's clothes are lying on the bed.

When facing the door, the left wall has a small, barred window at around head height, with a nervous-looking brown-haired man looking in.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 08:00:06 pm
"Are you here for a peep show? You'll be sorely disappointed."

> Start dressing
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 08:04:23 pm
The clothes don't explode or cause you to suddenly collapse, so you think they're safe.

"Uh... Aren't you a cop?" says the man.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 08:13:24 pm
"Technically, why are you asking?"

> Sit down on the bed
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 08:16:27 pm
"...You're in the most secure cell block in the building... Uh, why?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 08:23:36 pm
> Go over to him

"It would only concern you if you knew why I would be in here. Since you don't know already, then you probably have little business finding out."

Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 08:29:36 pm
"Look, man, it's boring here and I was just trying to make conversation. Who are you?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 08:33:41 pm
"You can call me John. My case is...well, extraordinary, but technically it's classified as serial murder. Who are you and what are you in for?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 08:41:07 pm
"Jack. My brother and I sort of made several armed robberies with a friend. Cops raided our place pretty suddenly, and we ended up here. I'm guessing it got bugged."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 08:46:15 pm
"Armed robberies...huh. Do you know where your brother is being held?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 08:55:44 pm
"I can see him a couple of cells over, but we're not close enough to talk. Not like we'd have any escape plans even if we could. So... uh... who'd you... well, kill?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 08:58:23 pm
"I'd say more than 20 people...most of them police officers. One such instance took place in a recent raid, where I slaughtered over a dozen heavily-armed men."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 09:02:23 pm
"Uh... right.... How'd you do that, exactly?"

He seems uncomfortable, as if starting to question your sanity.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 09:05:21 pm
"If I told you, you probably wouldn't believe me. When I say my case is extraordinary, I mean it."

> Sit back down on bed

"Besides, I can't go around telling my entire story to just anyone. That's an easy way for people to hear things."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 30, 2012, 06:53:38 pm
"Well, if you're here I'd say plenty of people have heard things already, but your choice. Know what time it is?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 30, 2012, 06:56:55 pm
"I would if I had a watch. But I would think it would be after noon. This is my first time in prison, and I'd have to say that it meets my expectations of being somewhat boring. Do they let us out into a yard for recess or playtime or something like that, or are we just too dangerous for those privileges?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 30, 2012, 07:15:54 pm
"This isn't prison." he says, sighing. "It's where they stick you when you're waiting to be interrogated. Detective Bale beat the shit out of me last time, but I didn't tell him anything he didn't know already."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 30, 2012, 07:18:04 pm
"I feel for you. Detective Bale...I'll keep that name in mind. I don't think they'll beat me, though. My lawyer's going to be watching everything."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 30, 2012, 07:25:48 pm
"Unless you paid from him yourself there's no way he's on your side, man. But... anyway, it feels late, so I'm at least gonna try to sleep on this thing."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 30, 2012, 07:28:50 pm
"Yeah, alright."

> Lie down on my bed, closing my eyes, scheming
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on April 30, 2012, 07:39:50 pm
You try to get to sleep on the bed even less comfortable than the mattress in the storage room, and fail rather miserably.

At some point after the lights go out, you hear somebody slide away the narrow viewing panel on the door.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 30, 2012, 07:41:25 pm
> Casually turn to look at them

"Hey, it's my bedtime. You're making me cranky."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 02, 2012, 06:53:36 pm
"You don't want out, then?" says a vaguely familiar female voice. You hear keys jingling very quietly in the dark.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 02, 2012, 06:58:53 pm
> Get up, moving over towards the door

"Is it a good day for a white wedding?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 02, 2012, 07:05:06 pm
"Don't bother with the passwords when I'm freeing you anyway." she says, quietly unlocking the door.

She opens it, revealing herself to be... Jessica, was it? It's Viola's roommate for some reason.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 02, 2012, 07:08:46 pm
"Um...Jessica, right? Hey, as long as we're breaking out, could we take a small amount of time getting the guy next door and another guy nearby? It's not a personal matter, it's just that if we get several people together then they'll have a harder time catching all of us if this goes bad."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 02, 2012, 07:33:29 pm
"You're pretty stupid if you can't figure out who I am. It'll just attract more attention to us if more people are following you, but it's not as if that's my problem."

He/she/it begins to unlock the two cell doors down the corridor from yours, standing aside.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 02, 2012, 07:37:28 pm
"I don't want to say anything, you know that asshole has fox ears."

> Enter Jack's cell, shake him awake

"Come on, we're getting out. Go find your brother."

> Enter the next cell, examining the person inside
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 03, 2012, 07:06:16 pm
He wakes up groggily, mumbling.

"...Don't need to wake up... in a cell... nowhere to go... Wait... escape..? Wait, what?"

He gets up to his feet, dazed, as you check the other cell, waking up the very dark-skinned man inside, with black hair down to his collar, and a little stubble.

"Who're you and how'd you get in here?" he asks suddenly, but in a hushed tone.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 03, 2012, 07:08:02 pm
"Someone who's come to get you out, and we have keys."

> Move back out, speaking with Jack

"Where's your brother's cell?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 03, 2012, 07:18:38 pm
Jack's up, and moving for the door.

"Cell right next to mine. Don't ask; we don't have any idea either."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 03, 2012, 07:19:48 pm
"Alright."

> Turn to Wrath

"Um...honey, if you could please..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 03, 2012, 07:32:49 pm
Wrath looks at you oddly, not taking your hint.

"Uh... what the hell's going on?" asks Jack's brother, leaving the cell.

"The scary guy from the cell next to mine is freeing us with a woman who has the keys for some reason." says Jack.

"...Makes sense to me..." he replies.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 03, 2012, 07:35:32 pm
"Shall we get the hell out of here, then? I wouldn't want everyone involved to get caught right after getting out."

> Speak to Wrath

"Lead the way."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 03, 2012, 07:57:44 pm
"I killed the closest guards, but there will be more..." says Wrath, beginning to move.

"The cell doors are open!" calls out a voice from around the corner just as you move away. You can see flashlights illuminating the area behind you, and hear footsteps running closer.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 03, 2012, 08:03:46 pm
> Start running, seeing as that's all I can do
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 08:07:20 pm
You sprint ahead of the others, opening the steel door that seems to separate the cell block from the rest of the building. An lone officer at a desk not far from you quickly stumbles to his feet, going for his gun.

"HOW DID YOU GET OU- FUCK, THE KEYS ARE GONE!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 08:09:10 pm
> Run forward and deliver a flying knee to his face
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 08:18:55 pm
He tries to grab his gun too quickly, and his elbow knocks hot coffee all over his lap, allowing you to easily knee him in the face.

It's evident that he wasn't expecting he'd actually have to do anything this shift.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 08:21:48 pm
"Fool. Come on, let's keep moving."

> Grab his gun, and anything else of importance on him, and get out
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 08:25:07 pm
He's carrying his gun, ammo, ID card, taser, and pepperspray. All standard equipment.

There's only one more door leading out of the room, but you can hear several people behind it, obviously alert.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 08:29:27 pm
> Load the gun, hand the taser and pepperspray to two of my colleagues, picking up the officer on the floor and using him as a shield

"Alright, I'm going to throw open this door, and I'll lead in with gunfire. You two follow behind and get any flankers."

> Get up to the door, opening it when everyone is ready
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 08:36:21 pm
Wrath has a knife, so you give Jack and the other guy the taser and pepperspray, respectively.

You slam the door open, into a corridor. You quickly step back into cover as you see two men to the right of you out of the corner of your eye, barely avoiding being shot. The door opened outwards and to the left, and you can hear more men behind it.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 08:38:48 pm
> Suddenly push my hostage around the corner, see if I can use the surprise of that in order to shoot the two guys around the corner
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 08:44:34 pm
The two on the right react too quickly, shooting your hostage dead, but letting you quickly shoot at both of them as they're distracted, stepping back into cover again. You heard them screaming, but you're unsure where you hit them.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 08:46:41 pm
> Direct my squad

"Pepperspray around the corner, then move in! They have guns on them, and they're wounded!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 08:57:36 pm
He's about to move, but quickly withdraws as you hear the men behind the door repositioning themselves, firing repeatedly through the doorway!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 09:01:16 pm
> Go prone, then quickly look and point gun around the doorway, firing, hoping they don't look downward
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 09:03:44 pm
You consider doing this just as another officer steps out a little and starts firing again. If you tried to do that you'd be on the ground right in front of his feet, which wouldn't end well.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 09:05:33 pm
> If they're close enough to the door, consider quickly slamming the door into the guy's face, putting two shots into him if successful
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 09:10:19 pm
You swing the door open further, not hitting anyone, but getting rid of his cover temporarily, and causing him to scramble for it instead of shooting. He never reaches it, convulsing on the ground as Jack's taser hits him.

"...I like tasers when I'm not the one being hit by them."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 09:11:52 pm
"Yeah...I guess anyone would."

> Shoot the man in the head, stepping into the cover the other two guys in the hallway had, looking around
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 09:20:08 pm
You start to move out into the corridor, as another man bursts out from behind the door with a gun, promptly stabbed in the back of the neck by Wrath.

You're pretty sure he was behind you a moment ago.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 09:23:21 pm
"That's a neat trick...saved my life."

> Move up, checking all corners as the group moves through towards the exit
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 09:32:53 pm
You can hear a lot of shouting coming from the left, but very little from the right. You follow the others to the right, and take a left towards an emergency exit.

"This probably counts as an emergency." says Jack's brother.
"Whoever designed this building is an idiot." says Jack.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 09:36:01 pm
"Yeah, well, it's not everyday that somebody steals the keys and gets several prisoners out, slaughtering several officers along the way. This place disgusts me, let's not delay our leave any longer!"

> Kick open door, start running
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 09:54:10 pm
Alarm bells ring through the entire building as you open the emergency door, and you make a break for the front gate, but it closes before you reach it! It's tall and topped with barbed wire, and you turn to see a large group of officers aiming at you from various positions, and several more leaving the building.

"You're surrounded. Drop your weapons and lie face-down or face immediate lethal force." says an officer's voice on a loudspeaker.

"Shit shit shit shit shit. You have a plan, right?" asks Jack.

Wrath looks rather shocked, his eyes darting between the officers as he steps back a little.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 09:58:23 pm
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT.

"GOD FUCKING DAMMIT."

> Decide that I'd rather play it safe, seeing as there's no way they'll kill me without provocation, and reluctantly comply
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 10:17:38 pm
You drop the gun, and start lowering yourself to the ground, as the officers quickly begin moving closer.

Every single one of them turns suddenly, as the sounds of roaring and screaming pierce the air.

A massive, hulking monstrosity crashes through the doors of the main entrance, dropping half a corpse from its wolf-like jaws as it rips the nearest three men to shreds in seconds. The rest of the officers open fire, leaving no noticeable effect as it rushes for the next group of them, its scraggy black fur quickly becoming stained with their blood, as well. It's a thing of beauty, tearing through all of them as if they posed no threat whatsoever. It moves faster than any of them can think, and the area soon becomes littered with corpses, and what's left of some of them.

"Are you FUCKING STUPID?" it shouts, looking directly at you with its blood-red eyes.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 10:21:44 pm
> Become nearly moved to tears by this beauteous animal of death before me

"I...I think I've already thoroughly demonstrated that...you're...SO BEAUTIFUL..."

> Turn to the others

"You understand what you're getting into?"

> Keep moving for the exit
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 10:58:14 pm
You turn to the other three, getting only a split second to register that there are now five of you, before Jessica vanishes completely.

"YOU REALLY ARE FUCKING STUPID!" roars Wrath.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 11:02:25 pm
"I...don't fully understand what's happening. I'm sorry, I guess I'm still feeling an adrenaline rush of...holy shit, what was that? It's just that I wasn't expecting that somebody would go through the trouble of making a FAKE emergency exit like that! I mean, WHO DOES THAT?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 01:49:37 pm
"Huh? It wasn't fake. I'm guessing it just set the alarms off and somebody figured out what was going on." says Jack. "But... uh... is this... guy... your friend?"

"Do you even realise what you just did?" shouts Wrath, ignoring him completely. "You just assumed that was me? Nothing seemed odd about her at all?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 02:10:01 pm
"OH, her? Well...I guess I didn't specifically ask her name, or address her by yours. Who else would try to get me out like that?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 04:37:50 pm
"She was impersonating me and you didn't so much as-"

You hear several more gunshots, and Wrath rams the gate, taking out chunks of the wall as it crashes to the ground, the other two running on.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 04:40:18 pm
"I had no idea! I thought it wa-you know what, let's discuss this later!"

> Start running again
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 04:46:52 pm
You quickly make your exit, and run in random directions for several minutes, until you're sure they've lost track of you. You're in an empty alleyway, not far from your room.

"...We'll talk about this in private." says Wrath, seeming to have calmed down slightly, as he quickly transforms into your attorney. "Give me your gun."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 04:47:58 pm
"Alright. Who was the unfortunate person to pick you up, then?"

> Hand him the gun
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 05:01:10 pm
He takes it, holding it to his own head.

"The officer responsible for taking your clothes to the evidence locker. He never bothered, and gave it to this one instead."

He pulls the trigger, sending blood splattering over the wall next to him, his body dropping to the floor like a sack of bricks.

"What the FUCK?" shouts Jack.
"Did he just fucking shooting himself?" says Jack's brother. "Who the hell was he, anyway?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 05:05:29 pm
"He wasn't anybody important, just like how the police department viewed the lot of you. They think we're all not important, just criminals who will be forgotten in locked cells. But why don't we prove them wrong on that point? How about we show them just how important we are? They think WE'RE insignificant...let's show them what we think about it."

> Take the watch from the dead body, strapping it to my wrist
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 05:10:42 pm
"Dude, did you just steal the dead guy's watch?" asks Jack, a little confused.

You place the watch on your wrist. The now-familiar presence of Wrath is comforting.

It seems your recent activities haven't gone unnoticed by the others...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 05:14:20 pm
What kind of person wouldn't notice what just happened? What do you mean 'others?'

"It looks nice. Hey, why don't we all find somewhere nice to hide out and get to know each other?"

> Enter a convenient building where we'll all have enough space to stay, preferably the one that I've been using
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 05:29:49 pm
You enter the building you've been staying in, reaching the corridor with your room in it.

The woman you followed was holding one of Envy's belongings... but she seemed to be acting of her own free will. It seems my idea's starting to catch on...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 05:32:38 pm
Envy? So we're following this seven deadly sins layout, then? I would have suspected something peculiar from the woman when she gave me that odd look after I spoke with Viola...do you know what she's capable of? I saw one instance of what I think was teleportation.

"So, who are you and what are your names?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 05:41:07 pm
Well, your concept of the seven deadly sins is Pride's fault... We've existed for much longer than that. That woman wasn't carrying one of Envy's eyes when you met her before, but she certainly is now. It's probably fair to warn you that that particular eye of hers allows the bearer to turn invisible.

"I'm Jack, like I said."
"Collin. I've got no idea who you are, but I guess it's nice to meet you."

Viola opens the door to your room, looking outside.
"...Drake? Oh, good, it's you. Where'd you get these two?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 05:47:24 pm
"We had a bit of an unexpected detention in prison. Well, I did anyway. Carter's found me out, but luckily I got out before anything truly valuable was lost."

The game we're playing with Carter can now start proper. I hinted at the watch to try to lead him on. A change in item is in order. To be safe, I want to find something else I can put you in while Carter's focused on the watch. Any preferences?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 06:55:21 pm
Clever. He'll definitely know it's the watch when he finds it missing from the locker. As long as it's dignified, and you keep the watch with you, I don't mind what you bring me. Be aware, though... From this point on, this game isn't solely between you and Carter. Don't expect me to help you like that again, either. I only saved you there because I don't want you to die without me being able to watch, since it would ruin the entire thing if you did.

"If you're not undercover anymore, what're we planning to do now?" asks Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 07:05:23 pm
"Now? I think we should rest. But tomorrow...well, we'll think about what to do tomorrow. Jack, Collin, help yourselves to a room. I'm sorry for the lack of accommodations, but we have to make due with what we have."

> Enter my room, looking over my stash of stolen weaponry and enforcement tools while I speak with Viola

"We need to tread carefully, because the police force definitely knows what I am now."

Perhaps another watch? The object has to be in contact with me in order for us to maintain a bond, right?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 07:13:58 pm
This one does need direct contact, but Carter might be suspicious of another watch.

You've got several guns, tasers, and pepperspray cannisters between you. You're a little short on ammo, but you've got enough to get by.

You hear yelling, and a thud behind you. You turn around to see Viola punching Collin repeatedly in the face, and Jack on the ground after being hit by a taser.

"YOU BASTARDS SOLD ME OUT!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 07:27:10 pm
"Oh wait...THAT WAS YOU GUYS! Oh, this is entertaining!"

Yeah...perhaps if I were somehow able to obtain a ring or something else flashy. But until then...

> While the three are occupied, take off the watch, open up a hole in my back, and attempt to put watch around spine
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 07:39:10 pm
It's very painful to attach it, but you've learned to put up with this sort of thing by now.
This might be a better solution. He'll be even more confused if he finds nothing on you at all.

"WHAT? WE NEVER SOLD YOU OUT!" shouts Jack, still in pain, as Collin falls to the ground, getting kicked in the stomach. "THEY RAIDED OUR PLACE AND ARRESTED US!"

"Bullshit! Then how'd they know where I lived as well?" she yells at them.

"Maybe they had our room bugged or- ARGH!" says Collin, muffled by his hands covering his face.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 07:42:58 pm
"Viola, please, calm down."

> Pull her back

"You're fine now, and it looks like they weren't complicit in supplying details that led to a raid on your apartment."

Something else I need to work on...changing my blood. Apparently I still retain my normal genetic code across transformations.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 07:50:26 pm
It's likely to kill you if you don't make sure your system is compatible with the new blood, but if you know what you're doing, it's possible in theory.

Viola doesn't struggle, and sits down against the wall, arms folded.

"Sorry... I guess. I'm just... pissed I didn't get to kill Carson."

Jack slowly gets up, and Collin just groans in response, his face bloody, but nothing serious.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 07:52:01 pm
"Viola, I don't believe I mentioned that I also saw your roommate, Jessica. In fact, she's the one that let us out."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 07:57:38 pm
She looks up, staring at you, confused, for a few seconds before responding.

"What?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 08:00:38 pm
"That's right, and you know how I have powers like this?"

> Fix Collin's face

"Well, she apparently could turn invisible."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 08:07:56 pm
Collin doesn't protest much, but he looks startled, his hand shooting to his face, and feeling around for blood.

"She could WHAT?" she says, shocked.

"Wait, so you can heal people, that girl can turn invisible, and there was some werewolf, too?" asks Jack. "What the hell's going on here?"

"Werewolf?" asks Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 08:10:37 pm
"It's complicated...but I do more than just heal people."

> Turn into the wolf

"I shapeshift."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 08:15:14 pm
It takes a little longer than the last time you did it, probably due to being away from the watch. You can't quite manage to look just as fearsome as Wrath did, but Jack and Collin still gasp as you transform.

"Drake, who was the other werewolf they just mentioned?" asks Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 08:19:42 pm
> Sigh

Should I tell them a little bit about you?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 08:22:02 pm
I don't care an awful lot either way. Just make sure my existence doesn't become common knowledge.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 08:25:35 pm
"Well, alright. These powers aren't my own. They're divine. The other werewolf you witnessed was more or less my god."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 09:00:47 pm
The three of them just quietly stare at you, looking even more confused than before you explained.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 09:07:53 pm
"Yeah, I don't know how you feel about that, but that's the official explanation. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get some rest."

> Enter my room, curling up

Envy's host is inside this building, isn't she?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 09:16:14 pm
You take the mattress, and everyone else takes the floor, which isn't a lot less comfortable than the mattress, anyway. Viola boards up the door, and sits against the wall again. Nobody says anything; Jack and Collin look exhausted, and Viola doesn't seem to want to disturb anyone.

I can't tell, but it's likely. She's probably been following you for a while.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 09:18:35 pm
> Play with an idea for a little bit, before speaking up

"...I know you're here, Jessica."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 09:27:39 pm
If Jessica's there, she doesn't answer, but everyone else is suddenly alert.

"Where?" asks Viola, quickly.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 09:31:49 pm
"I just said that because she has the power to become invisible. I thought she might have followed us here. Whatever the case, she either isn't here, or doesn't feel like answering."

> Close my eyes again
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 09:49:02 pm
"Why would she answer if she was trying to hide?" asks Collin, drifting off again.

You slowly fall asleep, immediately aware that you're dreaming- blurred red and green images filling your vision.

It's been a very long time, Wrath! You're just like you always were, always finding new ways to amuse yourself! You're not the only one who can do this, you know... You're not as special as you think you are! I've given power to Jessica just like you have to Drake here! You don't always get to have all the fun to yourself sometimes, Wrath!

This is why it's been so long since we last talked.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 09:56:56 pm
Well, are the others as sociable as Envy? What about Sloth, or Greed, or Gluttony? Would they be as talkative?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2012, 06:47:53 pm
I hate them for different reasons.

Oh hi, Drake! You thought you could just do whatever you wanted? Your little stunt with the dragon caught the world's attention, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought granting a mortal my powers would be fun! I wouldn't be surprised if the others were looking for you now...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2012, 06:52:32 pm
I didn't think I could do whatever I wanted, I just wanted to do something that would throw things out of order, maybe give the tabloids something to talk about, make something unignorable apparent. If nobody pays any mind to what's about to happen, then what is the point, really?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2012, 06:59:39 pm
You've attracted the wrong kind of attention, though! You couldn't even outsmart the detective, so how're you planning on surviving with Lust, Pride, Greed, Gluttony, Sloth, and Jessica all actively hunting you down for that watch of yours?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2012, 07:04:47 pm
Well, I'll just have to make amends for these unexpected events. I'll try playing all sides against the middle. Wrath, why is this watch of such interest to your peers?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2012, 07:17:46 pm
I'm unsure. Why is it?

You haven't figured it out already? That's unlike you, Wrath! Well, since this is a game, it's only fair to explain. Jessica, for example, is far more envious than she is wrathful. If she were to get her hands on your eye while holding mine, my presence in her body would be more powerful than yours, and you'd be forced to grant her your power... If someone, in theory, was to collect several eyes...

Don't think this means you'll get any help, Drake. I have several eyes, so one being under somebody else's control for a while wouldn't be the end of the world to me. They'll inevitably go mad with power and get themselves killed, anyway.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2012, 07:24:03 pm
So it's that kind of game then? And here I was hoping we could all be one big, dysfunctional family! Well, alright. And if I were to catch Jessica, and take your eye, Envy, then I would be able to utilize your power?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2012, 07:36:59 pm
Certainly, in theory, but how're you planning on doing that when you can't see her? She'll catch you, and kill you, and Wrath's control over living matter will be mine... all mine... He won't be able to keep it for himself any longer... None of them will be able to keep their powers from me...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2012, 07:41:37 pm
Eh, whatever. Invisibility would be a nice addition, but I can agree that shapeshifting is much cooler. Anyway, she's certainly welcome to come and take it. I won't give it up easily...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2012, 07:59:43 pm
We'll see about that... but it seems you're about to wake up. Until next time, if you survive another day, Drake...

You wake up, as usual, as the light passes across your eyes. It seems you slept for a lot longer than it felt like.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2012, 08:03:49 pm
> Get up, waking everybody else up

"I wouldn't recommend sleeping in, your neck gets awfully stiff when you sleep like I do."

Alright, preemptive measures...I've already hidden your "eye," so I guess next we should figure out how to catch an invisible woman. She'll be on the offensive, since I can't actively seek her out. Do you think anybody of the others will be quick to get on the scene? Should I stalk the nearest fast food restaurant for Gluttony's potential host?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2012, 08:24:11 pm
Gluttony's still not happy with Pride's portrayal of him. Neither are Lust or Sloth, but he couldn't think of how to make the rest of us look as bad.  I've got no idea where the others have been all this time, so I can't tell you if they'd be anywhere nearby, and I can only talk to them like I just did if my host is sleeping near one of somebody else's eyes.

Everyone gets up, groggily, all trying to stretch their backs.

"You got anything to eat?" asks Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2012, 08:29:02 pm
So, Jessica is at least "nearby" us.

"The problem with living like I do is that eating is something that's hard to do on a regular basis. I don't really have much cash on hand. But let's see..."

> Check the wallets I collected off O'Connor and his partner, seeing how much we have between all of us
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 05:22:17 pm
You've got $37.40 in your wallets.

"And... uh, Drake?" asks Viola. "It's not that I don't think you look great in a vest or anything, but are you planning on getting dressed, first?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 05:25:41 pm
"Well, alright. At the same time, I don't think a bunch of wanted criminals, three of which are escaped convicts, should be walking around in public. So, here's the plan..."

> Change my clothing to something more appropriate, like a shirt and jeans, as well as my appearance, and do the same for the others so nobody will recognize us
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 05:31:45 pm
You can't get rid of your current clothing, since it isn't real, but you just form a shirt and jeans over it. You change everyone's appearance to look as inconspicuous as possible. Viola is fine with it, but Jack and Collin are pretty disturbed by it, staring at their hands, and looking at each-other.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 05:36:36 pm
"I'll change you back afterwards, you should get used to things like this if you want to be around me for an extended amount of time. Anyway, does anybody have any requests? We can't buy much with this, especially in this economy."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 05:48:45 pm
"It's enough for breakfast and lunch if we buy own-brand stuff somewhere cheap." says Viola. "We have to get something we don't need to cook, though."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 05:53:21 pm
"Well, if we want to go economy, we should get some bread, some luncheon meats, and some cheese slices, and mayo, and that should be able to last us a few days. Or, we could buy a lot of ramen noodles, but you have to cook those. Maybe we could get junk food in bulk?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 06:09:27 pm
"We'd probably get more junk food, but sandwiches are probably a better idea." says Collin.

"Though, to be fair, we're probably getting plenty of exercise anyway." says Jack.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 06:11:46 pm
"Let's go down to the supermarket and just pick out whatever fancies us. Cheaper than eating out."

> Head out for the supermarket

I wonder if they've told Stacey what happened...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 06:15:01 pm
They may have when you were imprisoned, but if they put it off then they probably want to keep the fact that you're on the loose under wraps.

You find the nearest supermarket. You can afford enough for four days of mediocre sandwiches, or a week of junk food.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 06:19:43 pm
> Decide on buying both, getting more junk food, and less sandwiches, with drinks on the side

Will I be able to sense another avatar if they're nearby? That seems like something that should come stock with divine powers in this scenario.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 06:38:22 pm
You get enough to get by for about five days, if you don't eat a lot.

Only if you're asleep.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 06:42:37 pm
> Have everybody carry some bags, then start heading back to the hideout

"We'll still have to eat sparingly. This is pretty much all we've got for the next several days. Unless we receive more money, then there's nothing more we can do about this. Also, don't worry about your poor diets, I can fix any body image problems."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 06:46:47 pm
You reach the hideout without any problems, everyone setting the bags down.

"Your powers sure come in handy. Uhh... What god is it?" asks Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 06:49:16 pm
"Not a mainstream one. But I think I can trust you not to tell anybody. I serve the god Wrath."

> Turn into a spider for show, grabbing a bag of chips for myself
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 06:57:13 pm
Viola just grabs herself a pack in response, but Jack and Collin take a few moments to register what you just did before trying to act like nothing happened.

"Uh... Wrath?" asks Jack, curious. "Are there any others?"

"Six others?" asks Collin.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 06:58:42 pm
"Yes. For example, Jessica serves Envy. I think you'd know why that's fitting for her, Viola."

> Change everyone back if I haven't already
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 07:06:36 pm
"Ugh, fucking typical." says Viola, looking disgusted.

Everyone's happy to be changed back, and you all eat some junk food, drinking a bit, as well.

"What's our plan, anyway?" asks Jack.

"Still taking down the police force?" says Viola, finishing her bag.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 07:09:04 pm
"That's a nice objective, but I think the need for cash is higher-priority on our list right now..."

> Eat my chips

"Jack, Collin, I believe you two have some experience in that regard?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 07:15:34 pm
"Uh, yeah." says Jack. "The three of us held up stores and sometimes mugged wealthy-looking people. Should be pretty easy to do now, given your unholy powers and all."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 07:19:06 pm
"Easy, yes, but subtle? Not really. Tell me if this sounds crazy...but how about we pull off a bank heist? Not a take the money and run gang heist either...a gang heist where we pose as people who should be in a bank...and then calmly walk out?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 07:28:30 pm
"Huh..." says Jack. "That could work, and they'd have no idea it happened until later."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 07:33:54 pm
"Right...we'd just have to set everything up. If everyone is okay here, I'll be heading out for a while. If I'm not back in a timely manner...say two hours, then something is probably wrong. So, if there are no other matters to discuss, I'll be on my way."

> Transform into a nondescript woman

Would you consider yourself an unholy being? I don't want to get too marred in this discussion of your nature and any other existing hierarchies, but I have my curiosities.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 07:42:47 pm
Well, it depends on what you count as holy, doesn't it?

"Alright." says Viola, waving. "We'll try not to eat everything while you're gone."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 07:48:45 pm
> Leave, heading for Stacey's house

Yeah, I guess you're right. Would you consider yourself righteous or evil?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 07:52:35 pm
Childish concepts. I'm stuck on this rock for eternity and I'll do what I like to make it more bearable.

You arrive at Stacey's house, her car outside.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 07:56:02 pm
> Turn into John, knocking on the door

You have other eyes, you say? Do you maintain multiple consciousnesses at the same time? What if I were to collect more than one of your eyes? Would your powers become more potent?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 08:12:03 pm
Yes, actually... Each of us has seven eyes... I can see through all of mine at once, but I have no idea where any of them are... If you were able to find any others... I would... appreciate it...

For a while, you think nobody's coming, until the door opens, Stacey's tearful face suddenly shocked beyond belief.

"JOHN?" she nearly screams. "THEY... YOU'RE ALIVE? THEY... TOLD ME YOU WERE... They..."

She breaks down crying, hugging you fiercely.

Well, that's that question answered.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 08:13:44 pm
> Hug her back

"What did they tell you? That I died? No...I'm still alive."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 08:26:16 pm
She cries more, muffled by your shoulder.

"They... they showed me... pictures of... your body... Why did... they fake those horrible pictures, John?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 08:29:46 pm
"Because I've been put on a special assignment...I'm investigating the strange happenings around the city. It was for cover, but I just...couldn't stay away from you, Stacey...I love you..."

Have any eyes ever been destroyed?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 08:40:25 pm
Not possible. One of them's currently submerged under lava. The object becomes indestructable.

"I love you too!"

Stacey pulls you into the house, the door closing itself. She kisses you for a long time, overjoyed by the arrival of her husband's murderer.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 08:44:01 pm
> Continue returning the passion, continuing my conversation in my head

Well, it's going to be pretty hard to round up any other eyes, then. I guess that's why Jessica would rather tangle with me than go after something undiscovered. So, you have no idea where any of these eyes are, then? I don't know how I'll ever find any of them.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 09:31:25 pm
One is submerged in lava, one was in the crushing black depths of the ocean until it was eaten by something humans haven't discovered yet, one is in some sort of tomb, one is in a soundproof locket, one is in a very secure container in the US government's possession, and one is on the moon.

Stacey suddenly stops kissing you, wide-eyed.
"...J- J- John..?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 09:36:36 pm
"What, what is it?"

> Look behind me

Well, it's going to be some time before I'll be able to get any of those. It's almost like somebody WANTED to hide them.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 09:48:13 pm
Focus on finding them, not how they got there.

You don't see anyone behind you, but Stacey's words make you wish that you did.

"I... think my water just broke."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 09:52:00 pm
SHIT JUST GOT COMPLICATED.

"Alright honey, you just need to stay calm! Deep breaths, deep breaths! Where are the car keys? I'll drive you to the hospital!"

> Retrieve keys
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 09:58:26 pm
"Next to the phone... Are you... sure you can take me to the hospital when you aren't supposed to be here?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 10:00:26 pm
"...I have to. My love for you is greater."

> Get the keys, help her into the car, then start driving
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 06:48:24 pm
You help her into the car. She breathes raggedly, not fastening her seatbelt.

You drive for about five minutes, stopping at the nearest hospital.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 06:50:16 pm
> Get out, helping her into the hospital while trying to flag down staff

"My wife's water broke! We got here as fast as possible!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 07:02:01 pm
You move quickly into the hospital, staff responding quickly, and bringing her a wheelchair. You help her into it, and she's quickly wheeled down the corridor, being given rushed advice from several unprepared nurses.

You follow, and two staff members walk alongside you, scribbling things into clipboards. They don't seem to have any idea what they're doing.

"What are your names, sir?" asks the male staff member.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 07:03:38 pm
The only person this information would matter to is Carter, and I can't risk complicating things further with Stacey.

"John and Stacey O'Connor."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 07:13:07 pm
The man scurries off to a computer and types your names in. The female staff member follows you.

"I'm sorry, sir, but there's a small group of midwifery students here, and there've been very few births in this hospital recently, so they'll need to observe."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 07:16:08 pm
"Alright, that's fine...I'm just really excited right now."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 07:30:40 pm
The woman hurries after the others, scribbling more down on her clipboard. Stacey is wheeled into a room, followed by several staff and about eight students in normal clothing.

A nurse closes the door behind them, leaving you out by yourself in the corridor.

Oh wow.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 07:34:41 pm
This could take a while...I don't know what to do right now...

> Find a seat

...So...um...how did John come to find this eye?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 07:59:36 pm
There are no seats and the entire corridor reeks of cheap disinfectant. Nobody bothers telling you what you should be doing, either. You guess this hospital is a pretty good demonstration of how the health industry is crumbling.

I had someone visit the police station and forget it somewhere. When somebody picked it up, I went from body to body for a while, before deciding that John would be a good choice, since his... habits were likely to let me meet some interesting people.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 08:03:49 pm
> Start wandering a bit

Well, your strategy worked. How will I pass the time for the next several hours? I can't leave, what if they want to ask me something? What if I miss it?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 08:23:58 pm
You look down the corridor to the reception area as you hear the front doors open, several SWAT officers walking in, weapons raised. Everyone in the room gets down on the ground, as commanded. You don't think they've seen you yet.

There's your answer. Enjoy.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 08:27:01 pm
Well, shit.

> Duck into an empty room, looking for a window
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 08:57:23 pm
There are no windows near you, but you try a door, finding it locked.

"Hey! You!" shouts one, your back to him, stopping him from seeing your face. "On the ground!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 08:58:59 pm
> Change facial profile sufficiently to fool police, then comply slowly
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2012, 03:54:42 pm
Changing your face is quick and easy, and you get down on the ground, the man dragging you by the collar to the reception desk, and leaving you there. A large group moves further into the hospital, and you see two of them out of the corner of your eye, staying to watch over the people on the ground.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2012, 03:57:00 pm
I think I should stay put for now...if Carter pieced together what I fed him, they might be looking for people with watches. Luckily, I don't have one...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2012, 04:05:32 pm
"Huh?" says one of the officers, into his radio. "Start the blood testing now? Alri-"

A man on the ground at the other end of the room from you starts coughing, and the officer not on the radio suddenly fires. He stands completely still, staring at the body.
"Shit... shit... shit... shit... shit..." he mutters, shaking a little.

"Yeah, sorry about the gunfire." says the other officer. "One suddenly got up and ran at us, so we fired."
He turns off his radio, looking at the other.
"What the hell, man?"

"I... thought he was shapeshifting... I've seen what that guy did to those cops. I reacted too quickly..."

"Look, don't worry, man. He attacked us, we acted in self defense, end of story."

One seems to be distracted talking, and the other is still staring at the body.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2012, 04:21:22 pm
> Become angry at what's happening, and slowly transform my hands into claws, then whisper to the person next to me

"You saw what happened. Make sure you tell them that part before you tell them about this."

> Run forward, cutting the officers down
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2012, 04:38:55 pm
They only get time to raise their weapons and scream before you turn them into bloody gibs. It seems they don't react as quickly when somebody genuinely is attacking them.

The twenty people in the room, both staff and patients, all scramble to their feet, raising their hands and backing away from you. Some of them stare at the remains of the two officers, others at your claws.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2012, 04:49:27 pm
"Did you see what just happened there? They shot a man, AN INNOCENT MAN...and they try to cover it up by lying about him attacking. If these officers would cover up the death of a man so quickly, then who's to say that there aren't many other officers like this? Who's to say they haven't gotten away with it countless times before? Let me tell you something...police officers aren't automatically the good guys because they wear suits and point guns at people. They're just people, except they've been granted authority over others. This seemed like a thorough demonstration that they believe that they don't have to answer for their actions, that they can just fire and forget and get away with it...because they can. Everybody, you're free to leave. I won't stop you."

> Turn into a wolf, and run out the door
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2012, 04:51:58 pm
You quickly transform and leave as several officers run back to see what happened. Outside isn't so great, either. The hospital is completely surrounded by SWAT vans, and more officers than you can count at first glance start firing at you from a distance.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2012, 04:59:37 pm
Carter isn't very subtle when he's directing attacks. They're resorting to mass blood-testing now? I'll have to find out a way to change my DNA soon...

> Try to climb the wall, running up a few stories and crashing through a window
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2012, 05:04:37 pm
I'm guessing he knew that just the threat of mass blood-testing would make you reveal yourself.

You smash through a window somewhere half-way up the building, into a room with six bed-ridden patients, all with casts on. They scream loudly, and the nurses with them run away as fast as possible.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2012, 05:08:43 pm
OH, SO IT'S LIKE THAT, THEN? Fine, I have his number now. I know his game.

> Run out, and head for the stairs, moving upwards
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2012, 05:15:29 pm
I'm just going to be blunt and say he's smarter than you.

You rush up the stairs, passing several flights of terrified people, before reaching a door leading out onto the roof.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2012, 05:17:35 pm
Well, I didn't reveal myself because of the mass blood-testing! So his plan didn't work, obviously!

> Get out onto the roof, looking at the surrounding area
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2012, 05:26:15 pm
But now they've got a werewolf to track down rather than a perfectly normal looking person.

A circle of SWAT vans, and a few regular police ones, surround the hospital. They've set up a barricade, too, and quite a few journalists are being driven away by the police.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2012, 05:29:42 pm
Well, now they'll have to track down something else.

> Find a spot hidden from their view, and begin the process of turning into a dragon
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2012, 07:02:18 pm
It takes you twenty painful minutes, but you transform into a human-sized dragon, more beast-like than your last attempt. You're still vaguely human shaped, but you doubt anybody will pay attention to that when you're clawing their faces off.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2012, 07:04:40 pm
Alright, we'll try evasive maneuvering.

> Jump off the roof, flapping my wings, heading off on a path that isn't in my group's direction, trying to find a hidden spot where I can land
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2012, 07:13:48 pm
Several officers see you, and start firing into the air! Two bullets hit your wings, and you start to spiral out of control!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2012, 07:17:05 pm
> Attempt to stabilize, try to grip onto the side of a building and break inside through a window
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2012, 07:27:32 pm
You shift your weight as you fall, managing to smash through one of the higher windows of an office building. The workers flee their cubicles, but you're more concerned about your hollow bones. A few fractures, and you're in a lot of pain from the gunshot wounds and the broken glass.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2012, 07:29:34 pm
> Hobble into a restroom, taking the time to shift into an office worker and fill my bones again

Shit, I break easy when my bones aren't filled in.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2012, 07:40:31 pm
You find the restroom, nearly giving one man a heart attack, judging by his screaming as he flees. You patch yourself up fairly easily, and transform, leaving the bathroom. You look fairly conspicuous in the empty corridor.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2012, 07:45:42 pm
> Start running and looking generally panicked as I try to exit the building
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2012, 07:54:57 pm
You quickly find the front entrance and leave, blending into the crowd of fifty people standing outside and talking to the police.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2012, 07:58:51 pm
> Stay blended, watch the police carefully and wait for an opportunity to leave
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2012, 08:08:41 pm
They're asking a lot of questions, and quite a few officers are moving from the barricade to the crowd. It doesn't look like an opportunity is becoming more likely.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2012, 08:11:17 pm
...Oh, wait, this might be easy.

> Move back, try to find a spot where I can briefly duck in and transform into a police officer, then move back out
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2012, 08:14:58 pm
As soon as you distance yourself from the crowd a little, a SWAT officer notices.

"You! Where're you going?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2012, 08:21:31 pm
"I don't want to be here! That thing transformed! It could be in this crowd! IT COULD BE ANY ONE OF US!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 07:34:58 pm
"Wait, THAT THING CAN TRANSFORM?" yells somebody in the crowd.

"What? WHEN DID IT DO THAT?" shouts another, terrified.

"...And how do you know this..?" asks the officer, raising his gun at you.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 07:41:10 pm
"I was in the bathroom...I thought it was going to kill me...but it waved me out. As I slowly began to walk out, fearing for my life, it transformed into a man, and then ran down the hallway, going somewhere else."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 07:46:48 pm
"Search the building... it might still be there..." he says into his radio. "This guy's suspicious, though... I'll arrest him if you don't find anything in there..."

Several SWAT officers start searching the building, reducing the number in the crowd to around three. The officer keeps his gun aimed at you.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 07:54:11 pm
...Shit. Ideas? Wait, I forgot that you aren't the type to help.

> Quickly duck into the crowd, forming claws before jumping back out to attack
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 07:59:35 pm
He fires as you move, only managing to hit you twice in the left arm, but hitting several people near you in their chests and stomachs, causing the crowd to scream, and scatter. You manage to turn your right arm into a claw, but your cover's running away and there are three men with guns near you.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 08:02:26 pm
Fuck it, running's a lot easier than fighting.

> Extract bullets, trying to stay with a crowd while moving for more solid cover, changing myself into a wolf
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 08:05:03 pm
It only takes you a couple of seconds to get around the side of the building, and push the bullets out of your body. The three officers round the corner just as you finish your transformation...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 08:11:50 pm
> Turn and leap forward, tear their throats out
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 08:19:38 pm
Their screams quickly turn into gurgles before they get a single shot off. Their bodies drop to the ground, still moving a little, but the officers from the barricade seem to be abandoning their posts to pursue you!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 08:23:58 pm
> Turn and keep running, trying to lose them, not wishing to prolong the fight
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 08:35:18 pm
You run much faster than them, and move to the nearest set of alleyways, finding several police cars parked near the entrance, officers firing at you from behind them!

It seems Carter knew you'd go straight for the alleyways.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 08:38:58 pm
No, he just knew there are few other viable options. Where else would I go? Just keep running down main street?

> Head for a manhole, remove cover and drop down
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 08:47:09 pm
You find the nearest manhole, just around the corner, and pry it open.

It's pitch black, and far too small for your huge figure to climb down.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 08:49:51 pm
> Attempt to shrink slightly or return to a human form before climbing down
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 08:57:03 pm
It's easier just to revert to a random male form. You quickly climb down the ladder, into a dark tunnel. Several officers fire in through the manhole, forcing you to run deeper into the darkness.

It's cramped down here, and you don't know where you're going, but going back up isn't really an option at this point.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 08:59:27 pm
> Keep moving, feeling along the walls, trying to make several turns before attempting to find a ladder back up
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 09:05:40 pm
You fumbles around in the dark for ten minutes before finding another ladder, climbing up it, and opening the manhole.

As soon as you lift it up, you slam it shut again at the sound of gunfire from all directions.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 09:12:35 pm
FUCK. It's not going to get any better if we wait this out...if only I could see in this darkness! It would be wonderful if they came down after me. Even if I impersonate an officer, EVERYBODY HAS SO MANY FUCKING QUESTIONS! THE MOTHERFUCKERS!

> Attempt to alter my vision to be able to see in this darkness
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 09:22:35 pm
You've got no idea how you'd go about changing your eyes to be able to see in the dark. You guess you could look that up, but it's barely any help right now.

Losing to a sewer would be rather anti-climactic.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 09:25:08 pm
Well, I don't know we're getting out of here.

> Keep wandering, attempting to find another exit, or at least a viable source of light
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 09:42:02 am
You wander along for about half an hour, turning around a couple of corners and bumping into the walls every time you do so. You gradually start to get more and more frustrated with your situation, but after quite a while, you're pretty sure you can see a little better than you did before. You keep moving, more quickly, until you find a large hole smashed out of the right wall, with dim light coming from it.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 11:44:25 am
...I don't know what this hole is, but I guess I have to go through it.\

> Enter
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 11:54:19 am
You walk through the hole, finding yourself on a set of underground train-tracks. You can see a decent amount, thanks to the two large fires up on the subway platform.  Small groups of homeless people crowd around each one, none noticing you yet.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 12:14:19 pm
> Transform in order to appear like another hobo, and keep walking, looking around
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 12:26:49 pm
The tracks keep moving in both directions, and a pile of broken stone at the other side makes it easy to climb up onto the platform. There are stairs leading up to an exit, but you're guessing they closed it off when they shut down the line.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 01:08:40 pm
> Head over to a fire, try to start a conversation

"Hey, do you know a way out of here?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 01:37:48 pm
One of them looks up as you approach.

"Huh, you new here?" he says.

"Head down the tracks, or into a tunnel." says a young woman with a ragged coat covering most of her face. "If you don't know your way around, it's going to be difficult."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 01:47:17 pm
"Yeah, I was just passing through."

> Regard woman with paranoid suspicion

"Thanks for the directions, but there are most likely a number of tunnels around here. Could you be more specific?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 02:30:17 pm
"Some of the walls between the tunnels and the subway are broken. Find one or go back the way you came. I don't know where you're planning on going, so I can't really help you more than that."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 03:28:52 pm
"Alright, thank you for that."

> Continue slowly along the tracks, heading through the tunnels

More fucking darkness
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 03:31:51 pm
"Who was that?" you faintly hear one of the men asking another, as you follow the tracks.

You've got more room to breathe walking along the tracks, but it's just as dark as the first tunnel. You feel along with wall for about ten minutes, and find a different tunnel. After yet fourty more minutes, you eventually find another ladder.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 03:33:43 pm
If this leads up to another police perimeter I'm going to be pissed off.

> Climb up, hoping I'll finally be able to get out and back to somewhere safe
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 03:41:12 pm
I'm split on that. I don't want to watch you wandering around in the dark for another two hours, but your reaction would be amusing.

You open the grate slightly, not seeing anything out of the ordinary apart from the fact that you're in the middle of the street. You climb out, getting a few weird looks, but because of your clothing, nobody really thinks much of it apart from the driver who had to brake to avoid you, who beeps his horn furiously.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 03:43:40 pm
> Get out of the street, attempting to ignore the loud beeping as I walk off, trying to find where I am
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 03:52:16 pm
You don't recognise anything for about half an hour, until you start to see buildings you sort-of recognise. You could find your way to the base from here, you think.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 03:59:17 pm
> Head that way, keeping an eye out for cops, or anything else out of the ordinary

There's a constant element of paranoia involved when an invisible woman is after you.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 02:33:33 pm
It probably depends on whether she managed to get into the car quick enough.

You reach your room again without any problems, and walk inside, quickly closing the door behind you. Your three companions are sitting around inside, looking rather bored until you walk in.

"Drake!" says Viola. "You were gone for like three hours, and you said two. What happened?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 02:47:31 pm
"Well, it seems my preferred identity can't show his face around town anymore without a maelstrom coming down. I got into a chase with the cops for a while until I slipped into the sewers."

> Change back to normal

"...Viola, grab one of those tasers, I want to test something."

> Turn metallic
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 03:19:34 pm
It's difficult, but it's a different kind of difficult from usual. Shapeshifting usually requires great physical effort, but this requires deep concentration, and careful precision. You manage to turn your skin, and a good amount of your flesh, into some sort of metal.

"Ready when you are." says Viola, holding the taser.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 03:24:20 pm
"I don't think this should transfer the current, but then again I don't know why it wouldn't. Just feels that way. I might consider stone...whatever, just do it."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 03:26:42 pm
"...I'm not sure why you think this is a good idea, but alright." she says, firing.

THE METAL HURTS WORSE THAN YOUR FLESH EVER DID.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 03:45:07 pm
"AGH! FUCK FUCK FUCK!"

> Get the electrodes off, try to turn skin into a stony material
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 06:36:05 pm
You can't concentrate with the current running through you like this!  Viola pulls off the electrodes, letting the pain ease off enough for you to turn into stone. You feel rigid and heavy, and it becomes very difficult to move.

"Uh... Not to tell you how to use your own powers..." says Jack. "...But what about rubber?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 06:38:58 pm
"I take constructive criticisms. Thanks for that idea, Jack."

> Turn into rubber
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 06:46:46 pm
You turn everything except your bones and internal organs into rubber. You feel much lighter, and generally more flexible.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 06:54:58 pm
"Shock me now! Let's go!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 06:58:58 pm
Viola fires again. The electrodes hit you, and you brace yourself for the pain that never comes.

"Alright!" cheers Viola. "This'll confuse them for a while."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 07:14:13 pm
"Yeah, but I wonder what other properties I have..."

> Try to bounce off of the wall
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 07:17:16 pm
You jump into the wall, not bouncing an awful lot, but looking rather strange.

"So..." begins Collin. "Are we planning on going for the bank today, or another time?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 07:37:11 pm
"I could use a break. Besides, we should study the bank beforehand."

> Keep bouncing around for a while, then turn crystalline
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 07:44:36 pm
It's a lot harder to manage, but after ten minutes, your flesh hardens into blue crystals. Your movement feels restricted, but you think you're more durable.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 07:59:30 pm
"Anybody have any requests? I need to practice shifting others. It might be a bit painful, but it's fun."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 08:11:13 pm
The three look at each-other, unsure.

"Uh, what's fun but easy?" asks Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 08:17:26 pm
"I guess another person would be easiest. An animal person would be harder, and I haven't mastered full animal transformation. Perhaps if I turned your skin into another substance, that's also manageable."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 08:27:30 pm
"Dye my hair a different colour." she says, shrugging. "Get creative."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 08:32:31 pm
"I'll take that as an excuse to get creative."

> Place my hands on her shoulders, changing her hair color to electric blue, and changing her skin to purple, her eyes golden
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 08:56:02 pm
It's almost effortless to change something so superficial. She holds her hair in front of her eyes. She seems to like the hair, but the hand itself catches her attention.

"I like the hair, but the skin makes it look like all my blood's clotted or something."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 08:59:14 pm
"Well...how about a little more variety?"

> Make her skin rainbow-colored
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 09:12:28 pm
"Holy shit." she says, looking at her hands, impressed.

"Hey... uh..." says Jack. "Make me... a minotaur or something... As long as it doesn't hurt too much."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 09:17:26 pm
"I can't make any guarantees...but I'll try not to make it hurt too much."

> Place my hands firmly on his shoulders, then begin to change his head and legs into those that would belong to a bull
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 09:30:43 pm
He seems to be in pain, but bears with it, becoming a rather scrawny-looking minotaur with an average amount of effort.

"This is... pretty weird... but interesting, I guess."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 09:35:12 pm
"As soon as I get changing bone sizes down, we can make something more convincing. How about you, Collin? You've been quiet over there."

> Change into a colorful jester

"How about it?"

Question, Wrath. Can I change the composition of inanimate objects? Perhaps turning a mundane block of stone into a wooden stool? Or the alchemist's long-sought dream of turning lead into gold? Or even...flesh and blood from dust?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 11:43:45 am
"Uh... turn me into..." says Collin. "Shakespeare?"

"Shakespeare?" asks Jack.

"I've been put on the spot, here! Turn me into Shakespeare, I guess."

The eye you're currently holding grants control over living matter. All of my eyes focus on changing a different aspect of the physical world. True wrath is when you're filled with so much hate for something that you force it to change, or destroy it completely.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 11:48:22 am
"Shakespeare it is!"

> Fulfill his request

Interesting. All the more reason to find these things...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 12:00:30 pm
You don't know what exactly he looks like, but you do it by memories of paintings you've seen of him. You think you do a good job, and you change his vocal chords to give him a pretty convincing accent.

Collin hesitates for a few moments, but then clears his throat.
"Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate. Rough winds do shake the... It's been too long since high school."

Viola claps a little, mock-cheering. Jack sighs.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 12:07:53 pm
"...What do you want to do tonight? Anyone?"

> Turn myself into a statue
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 06:50:31 pm
Nobody seems surprised anymore, as you manage to solidify yourself completely.

YOUR HEART'S STOPPED BEATING AND YOU AREN'T BREATHING.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 06:54:24 pm
> REFORM IMMEDIATELY

"OKAY, I have to mind my vital signs before I decide to do that again! Shit..."

> Do it again, keeping the things that keep me alive operational

"Perhaps if we were to...I don't know, take a walk or something."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 07:00:25 pm
You repair your blunder, turning some of your body to stone, but not enough to stop you breathing, or moving.

"You seriously just turned your vital organs into stone, didn't you?" says Viola. "A walk would be a break, I guess, or we could go have some fun while we're anonymous."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 07:04:47 pm
"I'm starting to learn that it isn't a good thing to raise too much attention. That asshole Carter's doing everything he can to get a leg up on me."

> Try to imitate the appearance of a young boy
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 07:16:24 pm
You can make yourself about as young as fourteen before your size becomes too difficult to decrease.

"It's Saturday night." says Viola. "A small group acting like idiots isn't going to get Carter's attention as long as you don't make it obvious that you're involved. Come on, it'll be fun."

"I'm fine with this idea." says Shakespeare.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 07:19:59 pm
"Alright, alright. Before we head out, does anybody want a change in costume?"

> Turn into an albino man
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 07:38:18 pm
"Nah." says Jack. "A rainbow-coloured woman, a minotaur, and William Shakespeare are going to walk around New York without grabbing any attention."

"Remember to change our clothes." says Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 07:45:37 pm
"Okay! Let's start..."

> Change Viola into a male with a long mop of shaggy brown hair, and beard stubble, and torn jeans with a tank top, then change Jack and Collin into a blonde and a redhead with semi-modest clothing, changing myself into a skinny blonde male
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 07:59:36 pm
They're all thoroughly confused by the gender-swaps.

"Did... you just..." says Viola, looking at her arms.

"Holy shit holy shit holy shit." says Jack, trying to look away from his own chest.

"This is... definitely odd, but not the oddest thing so far, I guess." says Collin.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 08:02:58 pm
"Let's go have fun, girls. And boy."

> Head out into the street
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2012, 01:21:21 pm
You all leave, and make your way to a more lively area as the sun starts to go down, Viola taking the lead.

"So, where do you guys want to go first?" she (he?) asks.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2012, 01:47:23 pm
"I heard that the park is generally nice this time of day, why not go there?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2012, 02:04:15 pm
Jack and Collin don't seem to have any problem with that, but Viola looks at you oddly.

"Uh... I was thinking more like a bar or something, but that works, too."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2012, 02:15:01 pm
"A bar? I don't take to drinking well, but I guess I can be the designated driver of the group should it be appropriate. Steer clear of the Red Eagle, though. A madwoman shot the place up."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2012, 02:21:21 pm
You reach the park, and begin a leisurely stroll, completely unlike anything else you've done recently.

"I know you wouldn't bother mentioning that unless it was you." says Viola.

"We don't actually have any money to buy any drinks." says Jack. "What would we do in a bar?"

"I was figuring we'd make a scene since nobody can recognise us," says Viola, scratching her chin. "But now that you mention it I don't actually have any specific ideas."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2012, 03:36:11 pm
"Well, maybe if we were to use Jackie and, uh...Caroline here to get us free drinks? Perhaps. I don't know."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2012, 08:34:36 pm
"It's probably not worth it." says Viola. "The park's actually pretty nice, and it's good to relax. Right, Jessica?"

Jack and Collin look edgy at the reminder.

"You should really explain why her god has made her invisible and sent her after you." says Collin.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2012, 08:42:02 pm
"I have something they want. I have shapeshifting, she has invisibility. Really, shapeshifting seems like a far superior power, but you can only try to be inconspicuous, at least with the amount of experience I have right now. Invisibility lets you avoid contact with others completely. I believe I mentioned she's Envy's avatar. Anyway, she wants my power, and the easiest way to get my power would be to take it from me. I could take her power from her, it's just that she's doing this 'invisible' thing."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2012, 08:47:45 pm
"What about Pride, Greed, and whatever the others were?" asks Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2012, 08:54:10 pm
Do you have any idea?

"I'm not sure yet, I just know that Envy's power is of invisibility or concealment. I hope we don't find out in an inconvenient manner."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2012, 09:11:07 pm
They're probably competing, but just haven't found you yet. Envy's pawn has invisibility and shares a room with that girl, so she had a clear advantage in that regard.

"Is it likely that the others are after your powers, too?" asks Viola.

"...So we have six gods and the cops chasing us?" asks Collin.

"I should have stayed in jail." groans Jack.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2012, 09:14:44 pm
"You could have, but really, why would you? Especially when you have a chance to take part in this. And yes, the others will want my powers if they find me, but I doubt the others have selected their respective avatars. Oh, and I doubt all of the others will let their avatars keep their free will, Envy is like Wrath in that regard, fortunately for Jessica. I just got an idea...Viola, do you suppose that your old roommates still live in the same apartment complex?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 16, 2012, 06:53:58 pm
"Yeah." she says. "Two others, why?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 16, 2012, 06:59:23 pm
"...Why don't we head over there and ask around? It certainly wouldn't hurt if we're going after Jessica."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 07:02:58 pm
"What're you hoping to find out? Jessica's probably right here."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 07:08:10 pm
"I don't know."

> Turn in a direction that I would suspect Jessica to be in

"...You're certainly taking your time."

> Slowly try to put special sensors under my eyes, similar to those of certain types of snakes, that would allow me to see/sense heat
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 07:18:40 pm
You have to create everything part by part. Things like nerves are easy, as you can just imitate the nerves already in your body, but you don't understand the structure of these heat sensors... Perhaps if you were more powerful... Or perhaps if you knew more...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 07:19:43 pm
"...Everybody, let's visit our local library."

> Start heading for a library, waiting for everybody's reactions of puzzlement
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 07:31:41 pm
They do indeed look puzzled, but you don't get the reaction you were expecting.

"Didn't all the libraries around here close down like... three years ago?" says Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 07:32:47 pm
"...Exactly, let's go get some free books. Assuming that they haven't been cleaned out yet."

> Head for that library
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 07:43:11 pm
You find an abandoned library nearby. It used to be fairly pleasant-looking, but now, the boarded up windows make it look rather unsightly. It's locked, and there are a few people around.

"Are you sure there'll be any books there? If they were low on money and needed to close it down, wouldn't they sell them all?" asks Jack.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 07:54:38 pm
"A library wouldn't sell all of its books like that, Jackie. Or maybe it would, I don't know. Let's just check inside and find out."

> Try to look around for a back entrance
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 07:58:49 pm
You find the back entrance in a backstreet around the corner. It's locked, as well, but it's less exposed.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 08:01:07 pm
"Watch my back. I'm getting us in."

> Put finger to the keyhole of the lock, morphing it to fit the shape of the appropriate key, and unlocking it
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 08:20:19 pm
You notice that you pick the lock much faster than you did with the handcuffs. The library is rather dark, and dust fills your nostrils as soon as you step in. All the bookcases are completely empty, and the computers are gone. All that's left is the furniture, and a small, locked filing cabinet you find under the front desk.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 08:23:12 pm
"Well, shit. I was expecting at least SOMETHING. Everybody look around a bit, but try to stay in the same area. Remember that we could have a stalker."

> Approach locked cabinet, figuring that I might as well try my luck, and maybe even find a mint-condition copy of a rare comic book that I can sell for millions
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 08:45:54 pm
You unlock it, and find several folders. You flick through the most recent one, realising it's all financial records. You're rather frustrated, until you get to the last few pages, finding a long list of every book in the library, and where it was sold or given to.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 08:48:51 pm
"An odd thing to just leave here...nobody thought that it might be handy to keep this somewhere other than the abandoned library?"

> Look through for books on animal biology, as well as books on mythology
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 09:16:32 pm
I'd guess nobody cared enough to move them.

Quite a few books you'd be interested in reading were bought by 'R. Thompson.' His address is from a rather wealthy neighourhood.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 10:04:12 pm
Mr. Thompson certainly seems to be an enthusiast for this sort of thing. In this economy, I guess most people don't have the money to spend on books.

"Hey, everyone. I'm thinking we should take a little field trip...on top of this field trip."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2012, 05:47:42 pm
"Where to?" asks Viola, from the other end of the library.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2012, 06:32:35 pm
"A rather particular address in a nice neighborhood..."

> Show her the address
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2012, 06:39:18 pm
"...Are we going to break into some rich bastard's house for... books?" asks Jack.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2012, 07:23:22 pm
"Exactly. These books...well, they're pretty ordinary, but they're of great use to me. Or we could just go to an internet cafe, but that would cost us money."

> Head out

Alright, breaking in means that there will be police involvement if we're found out. I don't want Carter finding out anything. So, we're going to just have to take a bunch of things while we're at it, make it look more normal. That, and we're going to have to make a clean getaway. I won't be able to stop myself from killing a few if they get uppity.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 05:22:12 pm
The sun sets as you leave the library, and it's dark by the time you find the address. It's a sizeable, detached house, in a more quiet neighbourhood.

"What books are worth stealing, anyway?" asks Jack, quietly.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 05:27:29 pm
"Well, books that tell a narrative. Books that are meaningful...books that contain knowledge. Anyway, Jackie, we don't want to get the police involved in this. Or, should they get involved, we don't want them to realize that this robbery is in any way peculiar. So, when we get into the house, we'll look for the books. But we also want to be looking for anything else that has a good value."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 05:30:21 pm
"Alright, I guess. So, how're we going t-"

Jack is interrupted, as you hear the sound of glass smashing, coming from the top floor, on the other side of the house.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 05:33:33 pm
"I doubt Mr. Thompson would be smashing his own windows at this hour. Everyone, lay low for a while...we have an unknown involved..."

> Slowly move around to the other side of the house
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 05:43:04 pm
You climb the fence, running into the back garden. You can't see into the room that was broken into, but you hear a man shouting from inside, likely not at you.

"WHAT THE HELL? WHAT'RE YOU DOING? GET OUT!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 05:46:34 pm
> Take necessary precautions, such as preparing my sharp claws, and turning partially to rubber
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 05:53:59 pm
You take about five seconds to prepare the claws, and you take thirty seconds to turn a thin outer layer of your flesh into rubber.

You hear the sound of a door swinging open, and slamming immediately after.

"WAIT, LET ME OUT!" the man screams, still inside the room.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 06:00:08 pm
> Enter the room

"What did you just see?"

> Walk up to him

"Hello, Mr. Thompson. Understand that I'm not looking to kill you. I can't say the same for whoever just came in before me."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 06:18:05 pm
You use your claws to help climb up the wall, and in through the window, into a bedroom.

It's uncomfortably hot, and you can't help but start coughing as smoke fills your lungs. You can't see through it well, but Mr. Thompson is at the other end of the room, ramming himself into the door repeatedly.

"I DON'T KNOW! SHE COVERED MY BOOKCASE IN GASOLINE AND SET IT ON FIRE!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 06:21:39 pm
OH MOTHERFUCKER.

> Go over to the door, and use sufficient force to break it down, turning my arms stone-like before trying to pull the books off of the shelf and attempting to extinguish as many as possible
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 07:13:06 pm
He sprints out as you break down the door, and you move closer to the bookcase.

The smoke makes it very hard to breathe and very hard to see what you're doing. It gets straight into your eyes, stinging them badly and forcing you to wince. You turn your already very hot arms to stone to stop them getting burnt completely, but it just makes them incredibly cumbersome. You try putting out the fire with just your arms, but the flames are too intense, and everything else isn't helping!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 07:14:51 pm
PETTY BITCH! SHE HAS TO DO THIS TO FUCK IT ALL UP, FOR WHAT!? A LITTLE BIT MORE TIME? HOW ABOUT SHE COMES AFTER ME INSTEAD OF CONNIVING AROUND LIKE A CHEAP WHORE!?

> Give up, and get out
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 07:39:51 pm
Envy's never been good at anything but ruining things for everybody else, and it seems she picked a human just like her.

You run out of the room, and down the stairs. You reach the front door, seeing Mr. Thompson on the phone in the hall. He turns to look at you as you appear, but continues his conversation.

"...Yes, please, hurry. My window smashed and she literally appeared out of nowhere before she set the books on fire, but a man with fake claws climbed in and saved me... Yes, thank you."

He hangs up. Now that you get a better look at him, he's middle-aged, clean-shaven, and balding a little. He looks rather tired, but you're unsure whether he's always like this or whether this is the result of being woken up so suddenly.
"Thank you. Thank you so much. What's your name?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 07:43:43 pm
Well, there goes that.

"...Call me Drake Hellbolt. Listen, since I was planning on breaking in to your house and stealing...well, I know you acquired some interesting books on biology and mythology. Believe it or not, that's all I wanted. I was hoping to keep it on the down low. I wasn't counting on HER showing up. We've got a sort of history. But it seems that she burned the books, which is kind of a shame."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 07:52:41 pm
He's rather shocked by what you're saying.
"Wait, why were you going to go to the trouble of stealing my books, and why did she nearly kill me to destroy them?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 08:18:46 pm
"Well...these claws aren't fake. I'm a shapeshifter. Have you seen the news lately?"

> Transform into a wolf

"Anyway, a few books on animal biology would aid me greatly...and they would help me to track down that woman. She has the power of invisibility, actually. There's a reason you think she appeared out of nowhere."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 08:38:02 pm
He backs into the wall, terrified.

"I... I thought those were just rumours! I don't have a family to use as a plea, but please don't kill me! Take whatever you want, as... a reward! Yes, you did save me, so take what you like!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 08:39:46 pm
"...I'm not going to kill you. I just want to know if you have any books on animal biology and mythology that WEREN'T on that bookcase that the woman burned down. That's all I came here for, and that's all I want."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 08:50:10 pm
"I... I think I left the book on mythological creatures in my lounge... over there..."

He points to the other end of the hall, just as you hear way too many sirens for a response to a normal fire.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 08:56:09 pm
"That's great. Thanks, Mr. Thompson. I hope your fortune improves."

> Go over, grab the book, then make sure I have a layer of rubber skin in order to protect me before jumping out the window, and running
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 09:04:24 pm
"Good luck with the... invisible woman thing!"

The police burst in just as you make your exit. The others don't need to be told to start running,  and you quickly climb over the back fence, through somebody else's garden, and into another street.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 09:07:52 pm
> Try to get into a hidden spot, then change my appearance as fast as possible, as well as changing the appearances of the others sufficiently

"Well, I didn't get everything that I was after, but luckily miss prima donna didn't burn down all of the books."

> Keep walking at a casual pace, opening and thumbing through the book
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 09:23:47 pm
You run until you reach an alleyway, and disguise everybody again.

"I'm guessing she ran off to grab gasoline as soon as she saw the address." says Viola. "She's good for one thing..."

The book is actually rather heavy. It's a hardback, and about 800 pages long. It seems very comprehensive, containing long lists of mythological creatures from ancient civilisations like Greece, Egypt, Scandanavia, and many more, some of which you'd never even heard of. Every creature has a lengthy description, and most of them have rather nice pictures.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 09:33:16 pm
"Let's head back home. I have some fun ideas..."

> Read up about the hydra, as well as Cerberus, studying up for a session of transformation tonight

"We're going to have some fun tonight."

> Read up on Ra and Anubis, as well as the Sphinx
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 10:05:14 pm
The pictures are detailed, and the anatomy of each of them are carefully described, anyway. Some of the information on their roles in various legends drone on a bit, but it still manages to be interesting.

You pass by the shop with the televisions in the window, the window repaired and the televisions replaced. You're in time for the news at eleven, and the anchorwoman looks rather flustered.

"...It is still unconfirmed whether the bombings earlier were... Sorry, breaking news, again. Police have just responded to reports of an arson at a man's home, but no casualties have been... Pardon..? We apologise for the inconvenience. There has been more breaking news. Please, stay tuned, and we will summarise the events of today shortly."

The screen cuts to the logo of the news channel.

Interesting...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 10:10:45 pm
Bombings? Well, I don't believe I took part in any such activity. Arson, I know about that...but it seems like the news has a lot on its plate for today. That's great...

> Stay and watch

"Do any of you have favorite mythological creatures?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 11:34:47 pm
Nobody seems to good at being put on the spot with this sort of thing, but the news is back on shortly, beginning as if nothing happened.

"Welcome to the News At Eleven. I'm Katie Hunter. The news tonight:

Several special forces officers were killed near a hospital. No official reason has been given for their presence, but there have been unconfirmed reports of a 'shapeshifter.' Usually, such reports would be ignored, but the quantity, and the number of similar incidents, make it difficult to dismiss. One civilian was reportedly shot dead by officers without due cause, but the police department have adamantly denied the accusations.

Unverified police leaks claim that the perpetrator of the incident at the hospital, as well as the incident at the Red Eagle, the multiple unexplained murders of many police officers, and the incident involving the 'dragon' filmed previously, was a man named 'Drake Hellbolt,' who is allegedly a shapeshifter. The police department have refused to comment.

Gun-related crime rates have skyrocketed overnight, with twelve victims killed by gunfire today. The police department have refused to comment.

Unexplained blackouts are occurring in roughly a quarter of the city. Investigations are ongoing.

The main building of the New York Police Department, a local bank, and... an elementary school were badly damaged when bombs were detonated near them. Many were killed and injured, but no suspects were identified. The attacks seem to have been carried out by the same group as previous attacks this year, but none of these attacks have targetted more than one building at once. The police department have refused to comment.

An odd arson attempt targetting a man's bookcase was ended when firefighters put out the flames. All books were destroyed, but there were no casualties.

It has just been brought to my attention that President Miller is about to make an announcement. We will bring that to you now."


The screens change from the anchorwoman, looking rather pleased with herself, to the president, who looks rather grim. After several seconds, he begins to speak.

"I've been informed by the New York Police Department of multiple incidents that've occurred this week. It was requested of me that this information be kept a secret, but this is the United States of America, not some dictatorship, where the government decides what you should and shouldn't know about your own country. This week, there've been multiple crimes committed by a man going by the name of 'Drake Hellbolt.' This man has not only shot unarmed civilians, but has brutally murdered police officers in the streets. This is a crime against our country itself. If our officers aren't safe in the streets, then who's there to protect the innocent? This man seeks nothing less than the destruction of the United States, and he's more of a monster than Osama Bin Laden was. It's every American's duty to volunteer any information they have concerning him. And, yes, the rumours are true. Drake Hellbolt somehow has the ability to change his form completely, and that's the only reason he's been successful in his crimes against America so far. Due to the threat he poses to civilians, I've decided to deploy a substantial number of our troops to New York City, to protect the innocent. Furthermore, any individual who successfully captures Drake Hellbolt will be rewarded with one billion dollars, and any crimes they've committed will be pardoned. This concludes my announcement."

The screens display the studio again, which looks more chaotic than it did when you arrived here.

The other three are rather shocked, but Wrath finds this hilarious.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 11:51:10 pm
THE FUCKING PRESIDENT KNOWS WHO I AM! HOLY SHIT, I DIDN'T THINK THEY WOULD RESORT TO THIS LARGE OF A MANHUNT SO QUICKLY! YES! No government cover-up? No denial? Send in the clowns, then! SEND IN ALL OF THE FUCKING ASSHOLES YOU HAVE. BRING THE BOUNTY HUNTERS, BRING THE IDIOTS LOOKING TO GET RICH QUICK. BRING THE ARMY, BRING THE POLICE DEPARTMENT. I DON'T HAVE ANYWHERE ELSE TO GO, I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO. I JUST HAVE ALL DAY TO KILL DUMB CHUMPS, AND I'VE STARTED ALREADY. THE DISGUSTING PIG STANDING ON THAT PODIUM DOESN'T KNOW THAT SHIT WILL GO DOWN HARDER THAN HE EVER IMAGINED. I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE IN THIS! THERE ARE OTHERS! Bombings and blackouts...I don't think those are the works of normal domestic terrorists. Is it just me, or is issuing a bounty for a shapeshifter a fucking stupid idea? There have got to be some assholes out there who are scrambling to work out some kind of scam right now for that money. It's hard to be certain that you've caught a shapeshifter, at least if it doesn't change form or appears normal. All in all...bring the shitstorm.

> Keep moving back for home

"This is what we got into. I didn't expect such absurd measures to be taken so early...but this is what we got into."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 11:58:53 pm
Yeah, Sloth never thinks these things through well enough.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 12:06:43 am
Sloth? What exactly does he do, then? Cause failures of city utilities? Seems like a dinky little ability. Or, wait. Hold on. Does he do something with illusions? Because I was just starting to wonder why these television displays are playing at 11 at night. Isn't this store closed?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 12:32:22 pm
You arrive back at your room, boarding the door up behind you.

You're overthinking it, which is a first for you. I'm not going to tell you what powers I think he gave him, but the important part is he gave them to the president. Sloth thinks he's an opportunist, but I just think he's a lazy bastard.

"So... a billion dollar bounty..." says Viola. "That's... really over the top..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 12:55:44 pm
Like it or not, Pride is good at making the others look bad. Is Sloth controlling the president, or is he playing this game with a proxy?

"Well,  now I have reason to believe that the president has a power as well. But if someone wants that bounty, they'd have to catch me in the act of transforming. You can't just throw anybody off of the street into a prison for a one billion dollar reward."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 01:20:30 pm
You think Sloth would do everything himself when the president already knows how everything works?

"I don't think he intends for anybody to actually capture you." says Collin. "He probably just wants to make it harder for you to find allies."

"...That's a lot of money..." says Jack. "...If you didn't get me out of prison, I'd be tempted..."

"Hold up." says Viola. "Did you just say the president has a power like yours?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 01:32:42 pm
"Yes. It's not shapeshifting, but it'd be something supernatural..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 06:01:40 pm
"The fact that he's the fucking president is probably more important." says Jack. "Which one is he, then?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 06:11:11 pm
"Sloth. A particularly ugly one for someone in his position. Everyone, I want you to know that our lives will be much harder from here on out, especially since we'll be dealing with the army instead of just the NYPD."

> Turn everyone back to normal, then turn into Anubis before sitting down

"Welcome to Hell."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 07:09:41 pm
Your new form is much faster to turn into now that you've got something to help you visualise it.

"Alright..." says Jack. "So Envy is stalking us constantly, and Sloth is the president himself. So we've still got Gluttony, Greed, Pride, and Lust unaccounted for. Also, the police department and the army want to kill us."

"Sounds fun." says Viola.

"Well..." says Collin. "...If it wasn't for you, Drake, we'd all be dead or in jail right now anyway, so I guess we'll go with it."

Jack and Viola nod to you, agreeing with Collin.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 07:15:34 pm
"Alright. It's not too late yet, but I don't really feel like going out again. So...hold on, let me look something up."

> Flip to the section on dragons, seeing if there's anything to look at concerning their fire breathing mechanisms, then read into that before flipping to the page on nagas, eyeing the others with a certain amount of mischief
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 07:32:35 pm
The book isn't very helpful regarding fire-breathing. It mostly goes by the assumption that they breathe fire by magic, which is fair enough for a book on mythology.

There've been a lot of different variations of naga over the ages, but the book covers most of them. You're obviously free to pick and choose.

"...Why're you looking at us like this..?" asks Jack.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 07:34:32 pm
"...Well, I shouldn't do anything to you that I haven't tried myself first..."

> Attempt to turn my lower half into a snake's tail, then grow an additional pair of arms, all while covering myself in scales and adding serpentine features to myself
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 07:43:02 pm
The tail is the difficult part, but the book helps. Everything else is like things you've done before, It takes you about a minute to turn into a naga, and you think you pulled it off rather well.

"I don't like snakes, but that's impressive." says Jack.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 07:54:43 pm
"Thank you, Jack. Now let's do you!"

> Hold him, and turn him into a similar naga
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 08:06:46 pm
He screams as his legs merge together, and new arms sprout from his sides, but by that point you're nearly done, anyway.

"This is..." begins Jack, looking at his badly co-ordinated lower arms, before trying to slither forward and falling over.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 08:18:32 pm
"Impressive? A core part of my work is consistency. Yes, it's quite an amazing experience, isn't it?"

> Turn to Viola

"Would turning you into Ra, the Egyptian god, be too much to request?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 09:33:51 pm
She shrugs, as Collin helps Jack up.

"If... I remember correctly, that's less complicated than a werewolf. Go ahead."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 09:37:25 pm
"Yeah, Ra's just a person with the head of a bird, not too complex."

> Begin the transformation on Viola, not being afraid of being too rough, then look up griffins in the book

"Griffins are quite majestic, perhaps you could call them the lions of the sky. They don't really compare to dragons, though. Colin...you seem to be more open to new ideas than your brother is. Are you willing to take a risk?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2012, 07:40:33 pm
Viola feels her beak a bit. Jack falls over again, and decides to just sit in the corner.

"...Didn't you say you hadn't got the hang of animals yet?" asks Collin, cautiously.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2012, 07:45:41 pm
"I may have said that a while ago, but this book is really helping me get an idea of what I should be doing. But on a second thought...you probably aren't ready to have your bones hollowed out, as is necessary for practical flight. You could always think about it for a while while I try this out."

> Begin the transformation into a majestic golden griffin
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2012, 07:52:58 pm
You have to alter your skeleton more than you would usually, as well as hollow it out. The book helps, but the process is still slow, and agonising doesn't even begin to describe it.

You're not sure how long it takes, maybe around fourty-five minutes, but you're finished.

"Took you long enough." says Viola. "But that's... beautiful."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2012, 07:56:12 pm
"With every transformation I perform, I grow more skilled...That hurt. That's all that really describes it."

> Walk towards Viola, parting my wings

"Would you like a ride?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2012, 08:14:03 pm
"...You sure?" asks Viola, moving a little closer.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2012, 08:16:10 pm
"Well, not out in the city. I just want to see if I can easily carry someone, I'm not going to go on a grand flight just after Miller called for my blood on national television."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2012, 08:29:32 pm
"It's sort of weird to be... sitting on your back, but alright."

She climbs onto your back, and fidgets a lot until she's comfortable. You support her weight quite easily.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2012, 08:33:18 pm
> Take a short walk around, before letting her off

"Colin, I came up with a better idea. How about I just change what your skin is made out of? That shouldn't be too hard, and it'll help for when we come under fire from tasers or other weapons intended to subdue."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2012, 08:41:17 pm
She climbs off, stroking your wings a little. It's oddly pleasant.

"I've got no problems with being immune to tasers." says Collin.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2012, 08:45:54 pm
> Chirp a little at the pleasant petting, then hold Collin by the shoulders

"Don't panic, just take a seat."

> Have him sit down, then try to petrify him sufficiently in order to prevent any movement, but keep his head normal so he can tell me if anything's wrong
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2012, 06:00:20 pm
He sits down, and you begin to work.

He grunts quite a lot, obviously in pain, but you only take about five minutes to turn a good deal of his flesh into rubber.

"...Done?" he asks.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2012, 06:19:41 pm
"Oh, sorry, I meant to turn you into mostly into stone to see if I can keep people on standby if the need ever arises. But I guess you can enjoy this for now."

> Step back, look at Jack

"Seriously? I go through all that trouble and you just sit in the corner?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2012, 07:01:02 pm
"Please make me something with legs..." complains Jack. "It's like trying to walk in a sleeping bag but I can't take small steps..."

"Oh, and... uh... Drake?" asks Viola, hesitantly. "Have you got any plans for tomorrow?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2012, 07:06:45 pm
"Plans...I don't believe I do, at least, not any plans that I've considered. Are you just asking?"

> Nonchalantly place my hands on Jack, making him grow fur, changing him more into a creature that resembles Cerberus
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2012, 07:09:43 pm
"...If the military's taking over, Carson's going to get cocky, and careless..." she says, audibly despite Jack's moans of pain.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2012, 07:13:58 pm
"So what? You want us to force his cocky and careless hand? I don't see what exactly that would prove, if he's just going to send a bunch of cops our way. What would you have in mind? Robbing a bank? Robbing a convenience store? Opening fire on cops?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2012, 07:21:04 pm
"I want to finish what I was planning to do the night you saved me." she says, more quietly than usual for her.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2012, 07:24:49 pm
"...We can certainly arrange that. But if it's your crime, you have to plan it."

> Focus more attention on changing Jack

"Collin, how are you finding the new skin?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2012, 07:33:45 pm
Viola nods, and sits down in her usual sleeping position, thinking.

"It feels a little tighter." says Collin. "But it feels tougher, too."

Jack is, by this point, cowering like a demonic puppy.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2012, 07:36:04 pm
"Jack, could you at least stand up? I want to know if I did the heads right! Do they all work?"

> Grow a few new heads for myself, attempting to take on a similar form
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2012, 07:48:06 pm
You turn into Cerberus a little faster than Jack did, and manage your heads quite well. Jack looks at you with one head, as the others move around in frantic circles.

"I can't see straight..." he whimpers.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2012, 07:54:58 pm
"It's always something with you! Can't you figure ANYTHING out? Alright, fine! I'll make it easier for you."

> Remove the eyes on both of the extra heads, then go and sit down, poring over my book for the Lovecraftian creatures
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 08:26:04 pm
You remove the eyes, and he manages to stand up, just letting his other two heads hand limp.
"...Can't you make me something cool with a normal number of everything..?"

Sadly, your book only covers ancient mythology, and not literature.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 08:34:29 pm
"I was hoping this book covered the Cthulu mythos. How unfortunate. Hold on...let me see if there's anything that I could use..."

> Look up Quetzalcoatl
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 08:40:25 pm
There isn't as much information about Quetzalcoatl as some other creatures, but you've still got some nice pictures and descriptions of its feathered serpent form.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 08:45:10 pm
"Alright, Jack, let's try to reach a compromise."

> Change him into a feathered serpent-like creature, but give him arms and legs, or at least try to
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 08:51:27 pm
He screams a little less this time, and you turn him into a rather magnificent, feathered lizard, with a long, snake-like body.

Jack manages something between a crawl and a slither quite comfortably, much faster at getting the hang of this.
"This is... weird... but... good."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 08:53:57 pm
> Speak to everybody with each of my heads

"Glad to hear it. Collin, are you satisfied? What about you, Viola? Anybody want to try something else, or should we give it a rest for now?"

> Change back
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 09:06:43 pm
"I think I'm just going to sleep." says Viola, still Ra.

"Same here." says Collin, lying down.

"I think I'll try sleeping like this..." says Jack, coiling up.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 09:09:54 pm
"Alright, goodnight, everybody."

> Make sure the door is secured, then turn into an innocuous statue in the corner, making sure to keep my organs functional
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 09:13:27 pm
The door is securely nailed, and the others fall asleep as you turn yourself into a statue.

You just need to turn an outer layer of flesh into stone to appear as a statue, as long as you're careful not to petrify any blood vessels. It's tricky, but you're getting better at precision.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 09:17:54 pm
We might want to establish night watches. I mean, invisible stalkers and all. Or is Jessica just one of those types that's out to fuck with me? It would seem that she's less inclined to come after me herself when she would risk getting into a fight. She just wants to kill me with collateral damage, probably...

> Try to form a second body, connected at the hand again, then get into a comfortable position for sleep
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 09:29:14 pm
Forming a second body is slightly easier than last time, firstly because you're more experienced, secondly because it's just a copy of your own. It's tricky to get into a comfortable position, but you do anyway. You close all four of your eyes for a few moments, doubting you're going to get to sleep any... time... soon...

You see the red and green swirl again.

Bullshit. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit! Why do YOU get internationally acknowledged by Sloth without even a MENTION of me?

Maybe because your human has done nothing but follow mine WHILE INVISIBLE?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 09:35:56 pm
True, that's usually how it works. I dunno, Envy. Maybe if you want attention so badly you should get Jessica to go out and DO SOMETHING. Maybe cause a large public disturbance? Make yourself spectacularly known to the world? Really, for somebody as needy as you, you certainly picked the WORST power possible if you wanted to get ATTENTION of all things.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 09:39:40 pm
YOU THINK I PICKED THESE POWERS? FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOU, WRATH! ONLY PRIDE'S POWERS ARE MORE ATTENTION WHORING THAN YOURS!

This is how every conversation with Envy tends to go, in case you haven't figured that out yet.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 09:44:06 pm
Are you just going to keep yelling or are you actually going to get off your ass and do something about it? Come on, come at me! Do something, PLEASE! Or are you just afraid that I'm BETTER THAN YOU?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 09:53:19 pm
You're trying to get me angry, aren't you? IT'S WORKING YOU PIECE OF SHIT! I'm not the one playing, though! Jessica's playing! Getting me angry isn't going to do anything but make it more painful for you when her plans follow through and you're at our mercy!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 09:57:20 pm
Well, I guess you should just get used to disappointment, sweetheart, because she's even dumber than you are! What happens when she runs into a problem that she CAN'T solve with a can of gasoline and a lighter? The answer is that YOU LOSE. I don't see why you place so much trust in Jessica, she's only going to do everything wrong.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 05:43:51 pm
You're going to regret this... Believe me, you're going to regret this...

The sunlight meets your eyes. The others appear to still be asleep.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 05:47:01 pm
Apparently I'm going to regret this. Fine, we'll see what comes of it when it inevitably comes back around, then! I hope it's overwhelming!

> Practice changing the materials my body is made of, going between rubber, stone, and crystal several times, before working on shifting into a few exotic mystical creatures
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 05:56:00 pm
You start going back and forth through several materials, but on your third cycle, your whole body starts to ache, as if you've just pulled every muscle you have.

These powers really aren't suitable for a mortal body. You've been overdoing it a lot, lately. I'd be careful if I were you, and I'd definitely avoid alternating between forms that quickly for no reason.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 05:58:03 pm
GOD...so I can't just practice this, then? Wait, if it hurts this much when I overuse my powers...would that mean that Jessica would become fatigued from overusing HER powers?

> Take it easy, sit down and rest

...We should get a larger room, and maybe more furniture.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 06:02:36 pm
She's turning invisible. You're tampering with the structure of your entire body. Believe it or not, there's a difference.

The others start to wake up, after a few minutes.
"Breakfast?" asks Ra.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 06:06:31 pm
"Yeah, grab yourself some food, we should have plenty left, still. Oh, and some warning, I royally pissed off Envy last night. It's complicated, but I pissed off Envy."

> Get the food out
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 06:11:31 pm
You help yourself to a bag of crisps, and a couple of cookies. Jack is the first to finish his food, and starts to drink a small bottle of own-brand cola, while the rest of you are still eating.

"I've been thinking about how I want t- Can you change me back? It's getting weird when I'm trying to talk about something serious." says Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 06:13:49 pm
"Alright, give me a second. I kind of strained myself earlier during practice, but I'll see what I can do."

> Attempt to change her back to normal
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 06:22:57 pm
You change her back just as easily as you normally would. It seems that only the body you're changing gets worn out by it.

"I want to find out where he lives." says Viola. "I want to find out where he lives and shoot him dead in the comfort of his own home..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 06:27:46 pm
"That could be arranged...but I think we would have to infiltrate the police department first. Then, we'd have to somehow access files regarding the matter. Keep in mind, the police are pretty wary at this point in time, and nothing short of a flawless entrance would get us anywhere near that information. That, and getting found out would be particularly devastating..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 06:37:24 pm
"Official records are too suspicious. We should figure it out more casually, by asking something like-"

Viola's interrupted, as Jack suddenly vomits all over the floor.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 06:40:11 pm
"OH GOD SHE POISONED THE FOOD, EVERYBODY REGURGITATE!"

> Purge contents of stomach
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 06:48:42 pm
You use your powers to force yourself to vomit rather easily.

"I feel okay!" says Viola. "If we were poisoned we'd be throwing up right now like Jack!"

"We don't know how bad this stuff is!" says Collin. "We need to get him to a hospital!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 06:51:41 pm
"NO HOSPITALS! Think, man! We can't haul him into a hospital the way he is! In fact, we can't haul him into a hospital anyway!"

> Change Jack back to normal, see if that helps
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 07:03:31 pm
You turn him back to himself, but his body's resistance is a lot more noticeable. Once you're done, he vomits even more than he did the first time.

"OH GOD!" screams Jack. "I'M GOING TO DIE!"

"It's a stretch, but if you disguise us we can figure something out!" says Collin, seeming very worried.

"This could backfire on us pretty badly." mutters Viola. "But I don't think Jessica would waste her time and effort using something that isn't fatal."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 07:05:54 pm
"ALRIGHT, FINE. EVERYBODY CHILL. I'VE GOT THIS."

> Disguise the four of us as normal people, and begin to haul Jack for the nearest hospital, figuring that we can figure this out later
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 07:13:17 pm
You pry the board off the door, and swing it open, hurrying towards the fire exit. The push-bar on the door's been removed!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 07:17:50 pm
"...Petty as always."

> Anticipate that the door is sabotaged in more ways than one, and look for a longer, but likely less-risky way out
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 07:28:58 pm
There aren't a lot of windows, and the ones that are there aren't big enough to climb through! There's a staircase at the end of the corridor if you take a right from here!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 07:29:39 pm
> Direct everyone to the staircase

"HOW MUCH CAN SOMEONE PUKE UP!?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 07:34:34 pm
Jack answers that question by vomiting over your legs. Viola gasps, and suddenly lurches ahead of you, tumbling down the stairs, and hitting the landing hard.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 07:55:42 pm
> Look near the floor, realizing that Jessica could still be here if she "tripped" over something that wasn't a tripwire, then attempt to sling the vomit all over my legs towards deceptively-open space if that would be the case
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 08:03:08 pm
You get some of the vomit off your leg, but you don't hit Jessica. Collin leaves Jack to you, and hurries down the stairs towards Viola.

"Shit... I'm covered in something..." Viola says, standing up. "It smells like... GASOLI-"

Viola suddenly catches fire! She starts screaming loudly, and dives onto the stairs, getting out of the puddle.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 08:06:41 pm
"WE'RE DEALING WITH A FUCKING AMATEUR ARSONIST!"

> Prop Jack up against a wall, then go over and attempt to put Viola out
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 08:09:43 pm
She has gasoline all over her! Just smothering the flames isn't going to do any good! The landing and the stairs that lead down from it start burning fiercely, blocking your exit, and Jack throws up again, which doesn't help things much at all.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 08:12:41 pm
"GOD DAMMIT! VIOLA, ROLL TO PUT OUT THE FLAMES!"

> Head over for the fire exit, hauling Jack, attempt to kick open door
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 08:16:06 pm
Viola starts rolling, and you quickly move for the door. You manage to kick the door open on your second attempt, but you hear Viola starting to scream more loudly behind you.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 08:17:06 pm
> Bring Jack with me, looking for a blanket I can use to smother the flames inside of the room before heading to assist Viola
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 08:21:28 pm
You don't have any blankets, but you hear Viola shouting down the corridor.

"CHANGE MY SKIN OR SOMETHING YOU DUMBASS!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 08:22:27 pm
"I'M PANICKING!"

> Turn my hands and her outer skin into stone
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 08:45:26 pm
You quickly turn her skin to stone. The fire's still burning, but doesn't seem to be in as much pain, and it doesn't seem to be spreading. She helps you put the flames out, and slowly stands.

"...Thanks... Fucking... Fucking Jessica... She's pissed me off before, but believe it or not this is the first time she's ever set me on fire..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 08:48:56 pm
"You're not dysfunctional roommates anymore. Now come on, let's get Jack to a hospital or something."

> Make sure everyone is collected and presentable before escorting Jack out of the building
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 09:09:23 pm
You change Viola's skin and hair, fixing the damage done by the fire, but her clothes are still badly burnt. Collin is fine, but Jack seems to be getting worse.

The fire escape poses its own problems. The entire staircase is wet. It smells like... baby oil? Both landings, as well as the ground at the bottom, and covered in pieces of broken bottles.

She really put a lot of effort into this.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 09:14:51 pm
I feel like we would just be better off fixing Jack ourselves, but then what was all of this effort for? Fuck, this is such a workout...

> Solidify everyone's skin, along with my own, into stone, then carefully negotiate my way down with Jack
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 09:31:57 pm
I've never tried to cure poison before, but I doubt it's possible.

It makes your movements more awkward, and makes Jack heavier, but you turn everyone's skin to stone.

The stairs are ridiculously slippery... You can either play it safe and move very slowly, or move faster and risk slipping.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 09:33:06 pm
> Move faster, seeing that I gave us protection for a reason, and that I don't want to give Jessica more time to fuck with us
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 09:49:40 pm
You all move quickly, each of you slipping several times. The sensation of glass breaking under you is very unpleasant, but only the fall actually hurts.

You all reach the bottom of the fire escape without any major problems, and the streets seems clear.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 09:50:59 pm
> Scout ahead a bit, then when I'm sure the street is clear, turn everyone back to flesh, and start heading off
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 09:59:58 pm
You're pretty sure there aren't any traps in the street, and you change everybody back.

The hospital you went to yesterday is the closest one by far. There are others, but they're a good deal further away.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 10:02:03 pm
"Fuck it, we have to risk it."

> Take Jack to the hospital that was the scene of a raid yesterday
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 10:07:37 pm
Jack's finished vomiting, but he's starting to dry heave nearly constantly. It doesn't sound like he's enjoying himself.

You hurry for the hospital, Jack half-conscious by the time you get there. It seems to be open, but it certainly doesn't look busy.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 10:17:12 pm
> Walk up to the front desk

"We need help! Our friend ate something and now he won't stop vomiting! He's been doing this for the past 10 minutes, and I think he might puke his guts out next!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2012, 05:41:07 pm
"We're running on a skeleton staff at the minute." says the edgy-looking middle aged woman at the front desk. "He's probably just got food poisoning. Let him rest at home and come back tomorrow if he isn't any better."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2012, 05:48:19 pm
> Sigh, then pat Jack on the back

"Come on everyone, the lady at the front desk says that we're JUST OVERREACTING. Everybody, let's clear out and hope that it clears up by TOMORROW."

> Pick Jack up and leave the hospital

Fucking surreal.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2012, 05:53:23 pm
Jack keeps retching, unable to voice his opinion on this as you start to leave.

"Wait, Tom." says Collin, to you. "He doesn't have time for this."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2012, 05:57:24 pm
"What else do you want me to say? I already told her he's been like this for the last 10 minutes! He's out of fluids to vomit up!"

> Get back to front desk

"Listen, if this was a simple case of food poisoning, he would've stopped retching by now! But he's been doing this non-stop since he ate breakfast this morning, all the way over here!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2012, 06:07:00 pm
"Food poisoning usually lasts longer than ten minutes!" she says, getting impatient.

"We had a couple of drinks in a not-so-nice bar, and he managed to piss off the bartender." says Viola. "We think he might have slipped something into his drink."

"Urgh..." responds the woman. "That's unlikely, but I can't really turn you away, just in case... Take a seat..."

She lifts her phone off the reciever, pressing a couple of buttons, before talking into it.

"Doctor Stills, I know you're very busy, but there's a sick patient in the waiting room claiming they've been poisoned or drugged or something... Yes, thank you."

She hangs up, and gets back to looking at her paperwork.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2012, 06:11:47 pm
> Go take a seat, trying to comfort Jack

"This is a bad start to a morning."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2012, 08:18:25 pm
"You're the one who somehow managed to piss her off in your sleep." whispers Viola. "I was happier when she wasn't trying to kill us."

Jack seems to be getting worse by the minute.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2012, 08:23:13 pm
"Hurry up! He's going into convulsions or something! I think he might be having a seizure! Oh, the horror!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2012, 08:40:51 pm
The receptionist grips a little too tightly on the page she's reading, but a doctor with greying black hair walks into the reception area, looking in your direction. Despite the hair, he only appears to be in his late thirties. You think you recognise him from the crowd you addressed the last time you were here.

"You look terrible." he says to Jack, seeming quite concerned. "I have other patients in line, but I doubt the wait'll do you any good. Right this way. The rest of you can come, too. I'll need some background."

He holds open the door he came im through. He seems rather strange. His manner of speaking sounds just like any doctor trying his best to sound friendly, but it doesn't seem like an act.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2012, 08:46:04 pm
"Thank you! Come on, Larry, everything's going to be okay! Let's go!"

> Pick him up, and move him through the door, walking along with the doctor

"As soon as he ate breakfast this morning he started vomiting! We rushed to get him out, and he's been dry heaving ever since! I don't think he's getting any better..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2012, 09:05:33 pm
He walks you through a rather crowded accident and emergency ward, and into an empty room. You don't see any other staff on the way there. The room is pretty standard, containing a bed, a few chairs, and various pieces of medical equipment.

"Set him down on the bed. I'll need to ask you some quick questions. What age is he? What do you suspect he consumed that caused this? How long ago was it? Does he have any other medical conditions? Is he taking medication, or any other drugs for any reason?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2012, 09:09:00 pm
"Well, I'm not sure exactly how old he is. Ed, do you know? What happened was he was eating a sandwich and some chips for breakfast about 20 minutes ago, and then he just started vomiting and wouldn't stop. I don't think he has any other medical conditions, or is taking any medication right now."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2012, 09:16:57 pm
"What was in the sandwich, and who made it? This is either a very bad case of food poisoning, drug-related, or he's been somehow poisoned."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2012, 09:23:18 pm
"Well, I'm pretty sure he had luncheon meats and mayonnaise on it. I don't know exactly what was in it. However, there's a possibility that foul play was involved. It's complicated, too complicated to clarify, but there's a chance that he could have been poisoned."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2012, 09:45:27 pm
"There aren't a lot of staff in today after what happened yesterday, so I'm afraid a toxicology test isn't an option. Activated charcoal would be my first choice if you were sure he was poisoned, but I wouldn't want to waste time if it could be something else. It's not ideal, but I think he might have to get his stomach pumped."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2012, 09:50:12 pm
"That would probably be a good course of action, maybe even the best. I thank you for taking the time to tend to Larry."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2012, 10:08:23 pm
"You're welcome. There's a slight issue, though... He'll need to be put to sleep during the stomach pumping, but I'm not qualified to administer anaesthetic, and neither is any member of staff in the building right now. I'm really not allowed to... and it's very, very dangerous... but I've seen it administered enough times to understand how it works..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2012, 10:12:25 pm
"...I understand. It'll just get worse if we do nothing...it's a shame what's happened to the infrastructure of the health industry."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 27, 2012, 10:30:22 pm
He starts looking through the cabinets on the far side of the room.

"It is indeed... Today's far worse than usual, however. Most of the staff are afraid to show up after... whatever it was that happened yesterday. I was there, and I'm still not quite sure..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 27, 2012, 10:33:55 pm
"I STILL don't have a good idea of what went on. I heard several different things, but this entire...shapeshifting guy thing? It just seems so CRAZY. The president came on and told us about it, but I'm still confused. If you were here, could you give me an eyewitness story, without the media spin?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2012, 07:35:52 pm
He finds a stomach pump and the anaesthetic, bring them both over to the bed.

"You didn't hear a word of this from me... but they had us all detained in the reception area. One of the two SWAT officers watching over us reacted a tad too suddenly, and shot an innocent man dead. The other lied about it on the radio... Just then, one of the men detained with us... rather brutally murdered them with... his claws. He started angrily talking about corruption in the police force, then turned into a werewolf and ran out. Now there's a billion dollar bounty on his head. I don't quite know what to make of it all."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2012, 07:49:56 pm
"A shapeshifter is at large, so the president puts a billion dollar bounty on him? That doesn't seem like the best course of action to take. One, you're getting other people to endanger themselves for this shot at a billion dollars, two, how are you supposed to prove that you've caught a SHAPESHIFTER? Just how it seems up front, there's something deeper going on with this."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2012, 08:26:30 pm
"Well, it's not as if anyone ever thought Miller was a competent president. Now, sir, I'm about to apply the anaesthetic. Once the mask is in place, please take a deep breath, and count to three."

The doctor lifts up the mask, about to put Jack to sleep. Suddenly, his arm shoots towards his own face, holding the mask tightly over his mouth! He briefly lets out a muffled yell as he staggers backwards, his back slamming into the wall! In just over a second, his eyelids droop, and he slides slowly to the floor, landing in a heap, and dropping the mask.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2012, 08:32:02 pm
"HOLY SHIT! SHE'S IN THE ROOM! You two, DO SOMETHING!"

> Look for anything that I can use to splash liquid on Jessica
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2012, 08:39:23 pm
The only liquid you see nearby is the solution for the stomach pump!

"He's not gonna be up for a while!" says Collin, examining the doctor while keeping an eye on the mask.

"Do either of you know how to work a stomach pump?!?" asks Viola, frantically.

Jack seems half-conscious.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2012, 08:52:35 pm
I don't think I know how to work a stomach pump! But let me see if I can...

> Attempt to purge Jack's stomach with my powers
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2012, 09:03:58 pm
You haven't done anything like this before, but it seems that you can manipulate his stomach. He screams in sheer agony as you crudely force it to expel its contents, violently vomiting up the most disgusting thing you've ever smelled. You're not sure what this stuff is, and you're happy to keep it that way.

I stand corrected.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2012, 09:07:12 pm
How the fuck did he manage to accidentally eat this? Shit, the solution was easier than I thought.

> Quickly grab the stomach pump and use the solution inside of it to attempt to mark Jessica
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 28, 2012, 09:26:35 pm
The solution's clear, probably mostly water. You grab it, and hear the door suddenly open! You try throwing it over her, but just succeed in soaking the door as it slams shut!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 28, 2012, 09:29:45 pm
"...Run away, bitch..."

> Attend to the doctor, trying to wake him up

"Doc? Doc! Are you okay? Can you hear me?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 29, 2012, 07:32:13 pm
He's out cold. You've got no way of being able to tell how much he was given, so you've got no guarantee he's actually ever going to wake up...

"I feel so hungry and so sick at the same time..." groans Jack.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 29, 2012, 07:34:54 pm
"You're telling me that you didn't suspect anything, ANYTHING, when you ate...whatever the disgusting thing you ate was? Jesus, man! Now we've got another problem to worry about! The doctor's out cold due to an invisible woman attack!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 29, 2012, 07:48:27 pm
"I didn't eat anything weird!"
He slowly sits up, noticing the mess you helped him make.
"...What the fuck is that..? I think that's part of my stomach... I hope it isn't important..."

"What're we gonna do about the doctor?" asks Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 29, 2012, 07:55:51 pm
"If it's important then I can just help you with that later. But the doctor...well, I don't know what we should do about him. The staff will probably get suspicious if they discover it, and that's not what we need right now. Perhaps we should disguise ourselves as hospital staff and get out of here?"

I'm thinking we should invest in better security measures.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 29, 2012, 08:01:12 pm
"Didn't he say they were short on staff?" asks Collin. "They'll notice if four staff they don't recognise suddenly appear."

"If we're just going to abandom him for somebody else to find, we may as well just head out as we are now and look like ordinary patients." says Viola.

'Better' implies you have security measures to begin with.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 29, 2012, 08:04:27 pm
"...We'll only have one person at the front desk to deal with anyway. Let's leave..."

> Walk out, looking casual
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 29, 2012, 08:21:43 pm
You all leave, getting lots of curious looks from the many patients waiting, but no acknowlegement from the receptionist. You surprisingly manage to get out without passing through another deathtrap.

"Well, we're up, I guess." says Jack, still not looking too great, despite the massive improvement.

"What's the deal with your fiancée, anyway, Drake?" asks Viola, smirking slightly.

"Fiancée?" ask Jack and Collin simultaneously.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 29, 2012, 08:26:52 pm
"...Yes. She's just the wife of the late police officer that tied me to a chair, beat me upside the head several times, then poured gasoline all over me before I KILLED HIM...well, suddenly wacky antics ensued when I discovered he had a wife that was eight months pregnant! She gave birth yesterday. Anyway, she's in a precarious position, since there are conflicting reports of her husband's death corresponding with my own testimony that I've been placed on a special investigation team going after myself. Quite the relationship indeed. I need to stop in next time it's convenient to say hi."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 29, 2012, 08:30:27 pm
Viola doesn't seem to mind, but Jack and Collin seem rather disturbed.

"That's..." begins Collin.
"...Pretty fucked up..." finishes Jack.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 29, 2012, 08:34:33 pm
"Yes. Yes it is. So, what else should we do today? Rob a bank? Mug someone? Print counterfeit money? We need cash."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 29, 2012, 08:38:46 pm
"I want to start tracking down Carson..." says Viola, suddenly quieter again.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 29, 2012, 08:42:12 pm
"...That works, too. But where would we start...the police station would seem too ambitious."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 29, 2012, 08:48:12 pm
"I have an idea, but it'll be better with only the two of us. I don't know if Jessica'll try to ruin our plans or try to kill those two."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 29, 2012, 08:52:35 pm
"She probably will, but I think they can be wary enough to avoid that."

> Turn to Jack and Collin

"You two can handle one invisible woman, right? If she comes around, be sure to try to mark her with some kind of colored fluid. Then you'll be able to see her. Any place in particular you'd like to stay while we're out? And any requested modifications?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 29, 2012, 09:00:44 pm
"Now she's going to try to get rid of any coloured fluid in a two mile radius." points out Viola.

"I guess we'll sit in the park from yesterday." says Collin.

"Out in the open, in public." agrees Jack, nodding. "Free, too."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 29, 2012, 09:02:59 pm
"That's her decision. The more shit she does, the likelier it is that she'll get the wrong kind of attention. Alright, you two can have fun, then. Come on, Viola, let's start this plan of yours."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2012, 07:08:49 pm
"I'll have to explain it as we go along, to make sure Jessica doesn't fuck it up in advance. You'll have to disguise us again, just in case anybody recognises us from the hospital and complicates things."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2012, 07:12:20 pm
"Alright. Let's just go somewhere secluded..."

> Find a safe spot to change the two of us before beginning phase one
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2012, 07:55:18 pm
Once sufficiently re-disguised, you follow Viola to the police station. You walk up to the front doors, and Viola presses the button on the intercom.

"Who are you?" asks the usual voice at the other end.

"Morning." says Viola. "Our friend, Paul Carson, works here. Is he in today?"

"I can't answer that. Why do you want to know?"

"He left something pretty personal at our place, and we need to get it back to him. See, we went to high school with him, but never saw him again until last night, so we don't know his number or where he lives. We gave him our number, but he said he didn't need to write it down and he's probably forgotten it. All we know is that he works here, so we're hoping he's in today so we can give it back to him,"

"I'm afraid he's off-duty today. If you leave your name and number I can tell him to call you about it."

"That's not going to work, unfortunately. We're moving to help out my family in Florida, and we already hired the movers for today... It's such a hassle getting everything organised already, and now we have to try figuring out how to contact him before we leave..."

"Well, I don't see any harm in giving you his number... I think church is over, so he should be at home."

"Thank you so much. You're a lifesaver."

The woman reads out Carson's home number, and Viola thanks her several more times. The woman sounds like she feels she just did a good deed.

"...Lifesaver..." says Viola, laughing a little, once you're safely away from the police station.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2012, 07:58:51 pm
"I wouldn't have thought it would be that easy...maybe I'm just overestimating the intelligence of other people, because she bought that completely. So...how are we going to off him, assuming he's in his home right now?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2012, 08:07:52 pm
"You bring a taser? Also, there's an internet café just around the corner. I'll use some change and get his address from the number."

A few seconds later, she steps into a phone booth, and flicks through the phone book provided.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2012, 08:10:01 pm
> Search pockets

"I don't believe we brought tasers, or guns...we'll have to swing by and pick those up...but we're going to have to clean up the mess that Jessica caused."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2012, 08:21:10 pm
"I always carry my gun on me. We don't want to waste time heading back. There's always the chance she might call him to confirm it. I'd prank call him a couple of times so that he won't pick up the phone again, but he might know my number from when Jack and Collin's place was bugged... Found it. Let's go."

She puts the book back, and starts quickly walking off.

"I told you what Carson did, didn't I?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2012, 08:25:23 pm
"I think you did...you said he murdered your father, didn't he?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2012, 08:35:36 pm
"He was a drug dealer. A shitty drug dealer. Tried his best to provide for us but ended up borrowing money for more stock than he could sell."

Viola stops in a quiet street, looking up at a terrace of five houses.

"Here he is..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2012, 08:37:42 pm
"...Let's get this done quickly. We don't want Jessica to have any time to fuck this up for you."

> Start moving
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2012, 08:53:52 pm
She approaches the front door, slowly. She looks tense, sliding her pistol from her jacket with noticeable hesitation.

"Turn me back to normal." she grunts.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2012, 08:57:24 pm
"I...sure."

> Gently lay a hand on her, and revert her to her normal appearance
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on May 30, 2012, 09:19:49 pm
"Thanks, Drake..."

Viola looks away for a few moments, taking deep breaths. It looks like she's trying to calm herself down, but she certainly doesn't seem any calmer.

She takes a small step back, and kicks open the front door, quickly moving inside with her gun drawn.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 30, 2012, 09:20:44 pm
> Move along behind her, making my exterior rubber while growing sharp claws
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 12:00:45 pm
You can hear a surprised yell coming from the first floor. Viola hears this too, and rushes up the stairs.

You quickly follow her, just in time to see her firing twice at an armed, brown-haired man in the hallway, hitting him in the arm and leg. He drops his gun, crying out in pain, and stumbling into the wall, staining the white wallpaper with his blood.

Viola rushes him, and shoves him to the ground, though the doorway he just left. You hear a woman and a young girl scream.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 05:22:46 pm
> Head for the doorway

"You two, I suggest you lie down on the ground. Face down."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 07:11:39 pm
You look through the doorway, into a child's bedroom. The walls, carpet, bedsheets, and several objects around the room are all various shades of purple. Several stuffed animals line the top shelves, nearly hidden from view. On the desk to the left, a small television is playing some documentary on monkeys.

The woman, with long, black hair, and the girl, around eight or nine, still wearing her purple Sunday dress, and purple ribbons in her black pigtails, are both terrified. The woman grabs her daughter, and holds her tightly, backing into the far corner, and shouting hysterically. What are you doing here? What do you want with them? Why are you doing this? A constant stream of questions.

Carson is lying on his back, and struggles with Viola, but she grabs his uninjured arm and fires through it at point blank range, causing blood to splatter over the carpet, and all three of them to scream. It's easy for Viola to hold him down now, even as she punches him in the stomach repeatedly, screaming at him over the sound of the television.

"You BASTARD! I've been waiting to get my hands on you for YEARS! You knew I was after you, but do you remember WHY? Or have you killed so many innocent people that you just FORGOT? Tell me! TELL ME!"

"I don't know!" he manages to choke out before the next punch. "I DON'T KNOW!"

"You shot my FATHER! You broke into my house and shot my fucking father and you don't even REMEMBER? You had a warrant to arrest him, so naturally you kicked down the door, tazed him, and shot him in the head! When the other cops asked, he attacked you first, even after being tazed! When I told them what really happened, I was just insane after seeing my father killed! So I ran away! I ran away and survived with nothing for FOUR YEARS! Everything that's happened to me for the past four years is because of you and you don't even- TURN THAT SHIT OFF, DRAKE!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 07:16:10 pm
"That's too much of a tip-off. I sincerely apologize that you have to see this, Mrs. Carson...but I'm not sure if you're aware of what your...husband has done on the job."

> Turn off the television
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 07:45:21 pm
You press the power button, shutting up the howler monkey once and for all, cutting off the commentary mid-sentence, just as it's about to say how far away their cries can be heard from.

Viola stops punching him, and takes a deep breath, aiming her gun at his head.

"Why, Carson? Just answer that one question and I'll let you live. WHY?"

"I don't know!" he shouts, frantically. "There wasn't a reason! He was a drug dealer! I knew I could get away with it and I did it without thinking! It was four years ago and I'd never do anything like that now! I'M SORRY!"

"EVERYONE'S SORRY WITH A GUN TO THEIR HEAD!" she screams, pulling the trigger until she runs out of bullets.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 07:49:13 pm
> Step out

"...Should I give you some time for closure, or can we leave as soon as possible? Everybody in the neighborhood heard that."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 08:00:40 pm
She slowly stands up, covered in blood.

"...Is... is that it? That's all?" she says, before looking over at the two screaming in the corner. The girl breaks free from her mother, and runs over to her father's body, crying hysterically over the bloody mess that used to be his head.

Viola turns to you, clearly shocked.
"...I... We're... We're getting out of here..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 08:14:57 pm
"You did what you had to. We're done here."

> Take her hand and run
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 08:45:16 pm
"But I didn't have to!" she says, stopping to grab Carson's gun in the corridor.

You run downstairs, and out the door, nearly rushing head on into a hail of gunfire! You manage to get back into cover with three bullet wounds in your right shoulder!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 08:50:36 pm
"FUCK! The fuckers work fast! I'm without a gun. Do you have more mags?"

> Work on getting the bullets out, toughening skin for taser and bullet resistance
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 09:04:06 pm
"I've got a full magazine!" she says, moving quickly down the hallway, and looking into the kitchen. "I don't see any out back, but they could be hiding!"

You manage to fix up your bullet wounds, and make your skin a little tougher. They don't seem to be making a move yet.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 09:15:27 pm
"Well, it would be harder to hide this many cops out back! Come on, we're taking it!"

> Head for the back exit
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 09:21:57 pm
The back garden is relatively small, with a tall, wooden fence on every side. You know the area well enough to know that there are two more gardens to the right, two more to the left, and another in front of you, followed by another house.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 09:23:43 pm
"Come on, let's give them as hard a time as we can."

> Head through the garden towards the other house
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 09:29:05 pm
"The fence'll be difficult to climb quickly, but we could break it down. Also, if they're waiting for us then this is the last chance you get to turn into something."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 09:30:39 pm
"How about something a little different..."

> Turn into a large, stone-skinned Cerberus
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 09:38:09 pm
You take ten minutes to turn into a three headed dog as tall as a human, with dark red, stony skin. You can see out of all three of your heads at once, and your sense of smell is enhanced, especially due to having three noses.

"Alright, now turn me into something." says Viola. "Preferably something easy to get used to."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 09:41:19 pm
"Well...let me think..."

> Turn her into a wolf, with sturdy armor
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 09:48:23 pm
External armour takes a lot longer for you to make, but you're able to make the skin under her fur stony, like yours. It only takes you about three minutes to turn her into a wolf, and two more to work on the skin.

"Ready." she growls.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 09:50:13 pm
"Let's go!"

> Charge forward, through the fence
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 09:58:03 pm
You suddenly crash through the fence, counting five gunmen firing at you from the windows of the next house! There's three on the first floor, and two on the ground floor! You rush through the garden mostly unscathed, and burst into the kitchen, encountering two SWAT officers!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 10:03:22 pm
> Leap forward, clawing at them before grabbing their necks with my two side heads, shaking them thoroughly, attempting to break them
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 10:05:03 pm
Their blood curdling screams echo through the house before you literally bite their heads off. The other three don't seem to be heading downstairs just yet.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 10:07:30 pm
> Wait for Viola, retrieving their weaponry while digging in to them, trying to enjoy my first meal of the day after today's terrible breakfast
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 10:19:23 pm
You crunch through their bones, and start tearing out large chunks of their flesh. They taste delicious to you in this form, and there's something very appealing about tasting with three mouths at once. Taking their weapons isn't very practical with your body, however. You notice Viola isn't there, but you hear gunfire and screaming upstairs, before she runs back down to meet you.

"They were about to use tear gas. I had to kill them before they did... They probably had families, too, didn't they..?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 10:26:21 pm
"Sure, but they signed up for this job either knowing what they'd risk, or being too blind believing they were above the law to care. They accepted the risks, either way. Now come on, we have to keep moving...oh, and are you able to take their useful crap?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 10:32:38 pm
"Their families didn't make that choice... I need my claws free to be able to do anything. Change a bit if you want to take their guns. There're a couple of vans outside."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 10:36:00 pm
"Do they have anybody in them?"

> Change my claws enough to take their weapons and ammo, attempting to shove some of it into a formed cavity in myself
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 10:39:38 pm
The cavity needs to be painfully large to take two assault rifles and a few clips, but you manage.

"I can count six men getting ready to fire outside, but there'll be more very soon after what just happened."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 10:42:48 pm
"We could try turning around...but then we wouldn't be able to swipe a van..."

> Change my claws back to normal, refreshing my armor

"How well did that armor work for you? Because we could try rushing them again..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 02, 2012, 10:49:44 pm
"It's holding up well, but I wouldn't want to be surrounded by ten of them. If we want to avoid that, we should really start moving."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 02, 2012, 10:52:36 pm
"Let's take the back exit and go through a different way."

> Start moving, charging through the other fences through the gardens that were on my side
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2012, 10:10:58 am
You break down three fences, running out into the street, empty apart from a SWAT van and a police car! You're not being shot at yet, so you assume that both of them are empty.

"Good idea! They probably ran to help the others in front of the house!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2012, 10:27:04 am
"Not much left to help in there. Come on."

> Change us back to normal, then use my lockpicking technique to get in the car
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2012, 10:36:52 am
You unlock the police car without any trouble, but getting in is a different story.

"We really need to be moving quickly. If we take the van then only you need to take human form again. I can fit in the back."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2012, 10:45:40 am
"Done."

> Go and unlock the van, opening the back for Viola to get in
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2012, 10:55:31 am
Turning back takes you about a minute, but nobody seems to have noticed you yet.

You unlock the van, and let Viola into the back. You get into the driver's seat, and imitate the key to the ignition. Your finger is locked in place, but you easily reshape your finger to get it out, with the engine still running.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2012, 12:11:22 pm
> Start driving, but in a direction away from the house, looking for a safe spot to pull into
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2012, 08:09:58 pm
You start to drive, noting that they haven't had time to set up any roadblocks yet. You can hear them talking on the radio.

"Vehicle sighted moving away from the premises. I'm pretty sure it's the van belonging to group 03. Where are you going?"

"What, sir? We're still with group 02 at the front of the- Shit! Vehicle stolen!"

"All personnel change to the secondary frequency. No further communication on this channel."

The radio is silent for about thirty seconds, until you hear a more familiar voice.

"Good afternoon, Drake."

Carter.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2012, 08:21:00 pm
"I'm not in a...talkative mood right now. I guess you'll have to start the conversation if you want to chat."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2012, 08:44:45 pm
"That's alright, I just had a few things I wanted to tell you, anyway. I'll assume you're aware of all the chaos you've caused, and get straight to the point. The military are moving in tomorrow, and all matters related to you will be handed over to them, with the police ordered to focus on less important matters. As you might have guessed, I haven't put so much time into figuring you out just to go back to investigating stabbings. So, as of tomorrow, I'll no longer be a detective."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2012, 08:49:25 pm
"That's great. What would that make you, then? INTERPOL? CIA? Batman?"

> Pull over in a safe spot
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2012, 09:00:44 pm
You're about to pull over, but you hear sirens behind you! You can see two other vans behind you in the wing mirror!

"I've resigned from the force. I just wanted you to know that I'll be tracking you down by my own free will."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2012, 09:10:07 pm
> Keep driving

"Well, if you're going to be doing that...at least tell me what motivates you to do so. Is it the money? Because if so, that disappoints me."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2012, 09:31:45 pm
The two vans keep up with you, and a third joins from another street, trying to push you off the road from the left.

"I'm not interested in the money, and I'll gladly let you decide what charity gets it after I capture you. To tell you the truth, I'm too competitive. I've never left a case unsolved, and yours has been the most difficult, but you're not going to be the first criminal I've not been able to catch, magic watch or no magic watch. Don't take it personally, though, I've got nothing against you. In fact, I'm impressed by some of the things you've been able to do, and I'm still not sure how you escaped the station, but that doesn't change the fact that I was assigned to figuring you out, and I'll damn well finish the job. Besides, you've got me curious. I've got so many unanswered questions, and I doubt the military will tell me the answers if you end up in their hands before mine. I'm going to hunt you down, Drake, and I'm not going to stop until I understand everything."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2012, 09:35:52 pm
"That might take a while...you sure you want to get further into this? It's much bigger than you think..."

> Turn to Viola

"Can you handle one of these?"

> Hand her an assault rifle
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 03, 2012, 09:42:17 pm
"Turn my claws into hands and sure!"

"The rest of the force immediately dismissed the 'invisible woman' story as nonsense, but after learning what you can do, I'm not so sure..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 03, 2012, 10:00:32 pm
> Have Viola lean closer, then perform the appropriate changes

"You know, it's a good thing for the police force to have a healthy skepticism, especially with all of this tabloid journalism flying around...I mean, we can believe the president when he tells us about a shapeshifter, but somehow stories about an invisible woman are just UNBELIEVABLE? If the force wouldn't believe that, then it's obvious that you're too good for them. The rabbit hole's right in front of you...will you jump down? It's a long fall."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2012, 07:31:04 pm
You're able to turn her hands back in seconds. She kicks open the doors at the back of the van, and starts spraying with her rifle, causing the vans behind you to swerve dangerously out of the way. The van to your left tries ramming you again, nearly knocking you into a lamppost!

"What would I think of myself for the rest of my life if I backed out now? Whatever your goals are, Drake, you're a criminal. Catching criminals is what I've been doing my entire career, and it's going to take more than a supernatural conspiracy to stop me. Anyway, it's been pleasant talking to you, but I'll have to take my leave now. Good luck, Drake."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2012, 07:47:24 pm
"Luck doesn't have anything to do with this."

> Attempt to ram other van
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2012, 08:27:32 pm
"You're absolutely right."

You can hear a door opening.
"Carter?" says the chief's voice. "What're you doing with the radio? I thought you were packing up."

"Sorry, sir. I was listening to the officers chasing after Hellbolt. I may or may not have been talking to myself."

You can hear the radio being switched off.

You slam against the other van as it tries to ram you again. You're both of you driving down the middle of the road, pushing against each-other, and heading straight for a t-junction with a busy road!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2012, 08:29:28 pm
> Turn to stone, slamming the brakes
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2012, 08:46:11 pm
You suddenly skid to a halt, smacking your solid head into the dashboard harmlessly, but painfully, and hearing Viola slam against the back of your seat. The other van starts to brake, too, but suddenly bursts into a fiery explosion!

Was that an RPG?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2012, 08:55:54 pm
"...SHIT, BAIL OUT!"

> Get out and start running
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2012, 09:07:34 pm
You rush out, followed by Viola. You nearly get hit by the other two vans, but they stop as well. Officers start getting out, but another two rockets blow up both vans, nearly catching you in the explosion! You sprint to the side of the road, taking cover in an alleyway. It's likely you're not going to be safe here for long.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2012, 09:14:44 pm
"Did you grab the other gun? Shit...who would be firing ROCKETS at fucking cop vans!?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2012, 09:16:41 pm
She quickly hands you the other gun.

"I don't know, but it didn't seem like they cared much about whether they hit us as well."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2012, 09:23:25 pm
"Let's keep moving...we're not clear yet."

> Move out of the alleyway, picking a direction to run in while observing my surroundings
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2012, 09:40:22 pm
You look out of the alleyway, suddenly ducking back into cover as you're fired at by somebody! You think this alley exits onto another street if you take a couple of turns.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2012, 09:53:15 pm
> Reinforce stone armor with crystals, then start running
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2012, 10:13:11 pm
It's much harder to run when you're weighed down by stone and crystals, but it's even more trouble to change back now.

You reach the end of the alley, which joins a narrow, quiet street. It seems you didn't get here first.

About thirty metres in front of you, at the end of the alleyway, are a group of about ten men, in balaclavas and bulletproof vests. They're all rather heavily armed, with what appear to be M16 assault rifles. Every single one of them seems unnerved as you move around the corner, but they keep their guns raised.

"We're not retarded like the cops." says the one closest to the front. "We know we're fucked if you attack us, but if you do, you'll be blown to pieces afterwards. They'll get paid less if they kill you, and we don't get paid at all if we're dead, so just let us take you alive and it's easier for all of us. We're not claiming the bounty, and I think the boss has enough money as it is, so he probably isn't, either."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2012, 10:21:50 pm
...These assholes are capturing me...for someone else? Hah...and they're devoted in their quest...so much in fact that they've thrown away their lives...FUCKING ASSHOLES...

"You seem resolute in throwing your lives away...you know what? Since you're all some of the DUMBEST FUCKING PEOPLE I'VE EVER MET...DOING ONE OF THE STUPIDEST FUCKING THINGS YOU EVER POSSIBLY COULD, HOW ABOUT I SPARE THE WORLD THE EXPENSE OF KEEPING YOU ALIVE BY KILLING YOU MYSELF!?"

> Get angry, growing blade arms, roaring in rage, angry that these men would stand before me, overconfident in their support

"YOU'RE ALL STUPID FUCKS!"

> Throw myself forward, running as fast as possible towards them, going in to slaughter
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2012, 10:34:24 pm
You decapitate the speaker before he can move out of the way, and cut another man's legs of. The rest scatter, firing at you, the bullets chipping at your crystals. Viola's mauling the group that chased you through the alley, and they start to flee, too.

By random chance, you notice a man on a rooftop at the other side of the road, about to fire an anti-tank rocket.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2012, 10:39:55 pm
"IS IT FUCKING WORTH IT!?"

> Slice my way past everyone in an attempt to get to cover or out of the way, noting that these guys are taking some serious liberties with claiming the reward

You think they'd have to face some charges after this...but I guess it doesn't work like that, the fuckwhistle that these assclowns serve probably paid them off already...THIS PISSES ME OFF.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 04, 2012, 11:02:37 pm
I doubt they get along well with the authorities, especially after the vehicles they just destroyed. Think about this carefully. If they were uninterested in claiming the bounty, then they're being paid more to bring you to whoever's hiring them. Paying them that much so that you could claim the bounty for yourself would be a waste of effort.

You cut through two more people, but you suddenly feel a wave of heat, and your ears start ringing. You feel a sudden shock, and you find yourself on the ground, in serious pain.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 04, 2012, 11:07:41 pm
FUCK. SHIT. SHIT. SHIT...

> Attempt to recover, and reform
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2012, 08:09:57 pm
Your crystals are badly damaged, and they hurt horribly, but you think you can still move...

Stop overreacting and start moving before they hit you directly.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2012, 08:20:46 pm
> Get up and start running for cover, shrugging it off

Well, have YOU taken any RPG blasts recently?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2012, 08:32:56 pm
That was a terrible shot. If he was on target you'd be pieces of mortal everywhere. Have you ever been hit by a ballista? They don't make weapons as painful as they used to.

You're still in a considerable amount of pain, but getting into cover is your first priority. You quickly make it across the street, and into another alleyway, narrowly avoiding another blast behind you. Viola's already in front of you, chunks of her flesh missing.

"How the fuck are we getting back with those guys AND the SWAT after us?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2012, 08:36:41 pm
"Let's make these guys a bigger focus than we are. First off...we take cover..."

> Look for a manhole
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2012, 08:46:05 pm
There happens to be a manhole in this alley, but Viola's still a werewolf.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2012, 08:51:48 pm
> Take an assault rifle in one hand, and lay down suppressing fire when necessary in order to change Viola into an armored person like myself, before going down
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2012, 08:55:35 pm
Nobody attacks you as you turn Viola into another crystalline figure, and fix your own wounds.

You both climb down the ladder, AND NOW YOU GET TO WANDER AROUND IN THE DARK AGAIN.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2012, 09:05:20 pm
"...Hold on."

> Try to see if I can change my crystals to be luminescent
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2012, 09:11:03 pm
You're not sure what part of the crystal you'd change to do that, or even if that's possible.

"It doesn't matter. How long can this take, anyway?"

Viola starts walking on.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2012, 09:23:55 pm
"It took me a few hours...but that's all you really need for things to settle down. But in case we stumble upon a colony of hobos...well, we need more mundane appearances."

> Adjust our forms appropriately in order to appear as homeless
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2012, 09:34:19 pm
You take the form you used last time, off the top of your head, and turn Viola into a new one. You can't see it well in the dark, but you THINK she looks human.

You get to wander around in the dark for another exciting half-hour, and end up in the subway again. You walk for a couple of minutes, finding yourself at the same station you were at last time. The woman who gave you directions, still wearing her tattered, dark-green raincoat with the hood up and the collar covering the bottom half of her face, looks at you from her seated position on the platform, but doesn't say anything.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2012, 09:36:55 pm
> Check Viola, making sure she looks passable, before sitting down near the woman

"Hey. I remember this place from last time I was passing through...thanks for the directions, they really helped me out."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2012, 09:56:35 pm
It seems you're pretty good at manipulating flesh even without being able to see it.

"That's great." she says, passively. "It's quite clear you're here to avoid the gunfire, but there's a lot of it today. You're welcome to stay here until it calms down."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2012, 09:58:39 pm
"Thank you...I didn't get to ask your name, so do you mind if I ask it now? My name's Lester, by the way."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2012, 10:27:47 pm
"I don't like giving out my name, and fake names just mean more lies, Lester."

You notice that every time she speaks, her voice carries the same quiet, bored tone. It's hard to tell whether she's happy to have your company or just putting up with you. She turns her head towards Viola, standing a short distance behind you.

"Is your friend going to sit down? She looks miserable."

"What?" asks Viola, taken off-guard.

"Never mind, but it may be a while before it's safe to leave, so take a seat."

Viola hesitates for a minute, but sits next to you.

"So, Lester." the woman says, turning her gaze back to the fire. "Have you been listening to the news recently?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2012, 10:31:08 pm
This woman is odd...that tone, the fake names...something isn't normal.

"Well, I've been hearing a lot. About this...Drake Hellbolt character. Some trouble he's stirred up, huh?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2012, 10:54:49 pm
I suppose you're right.

"Yes. That he has. What's your opinion of him? There've been several strange characters causing chaos, but he's received the most media attention."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2012, 11:00:25 pm
...How would she know that?

"Wait wait, several others? What do you mean? I've only heard about Hellbolt! I...well, I don't think I know enough about the man to judge him by what the media says...of course they'd be up in arms about him, but I wouldn't say he's just an evil terrorist."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 05, 2012, 11:25:34 pm
"There's been a lot of shooting today by scattered groups of people, and it's likely due to one person or group of people. There's also a small terrorist group who've been attacking much more frequently today and yesterday, as well as these unexplained blackouts. I think these things must be somehow related."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 05, 2012, 11:30:06 pm
"Oh, right...I almost forgot about the blackouts, since everybody's been talking about Hellbolt so much. Weird name, Hellbolt. I'm pretty sure that's just a moniker. Those terrorist groups...yeah, I guess the shootings are the reason I'm down here again. So...what do you think about Hellbolt?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 06, 2012, 06:02:11 pm
"He's going to get himself killed if he lets whatever power he has get to his head. As for his methods, his constant brutal violence isn't going to win him many supporters. His goals may be good, for all I know, but he certainly isn't doing himself any favours."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 06, 2012, 06:09:10 pm
"...So, what do you normally do down here? Just sit around?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 06, 2012, 07:06:18 pm
"I tend to walk around the city fairly often. I'm actually fairly interested in what's been happening recently, and I've spoken to several people who've been looking into it. I've learned little about the shootings, but I've met someone who knows a good deal about the terrorist attacks."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 06, 2012, 08:38:20 pm
"That's interesting. Perhaps we could take such a walk after things calm down?"

Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 06, 2012, 09:29:43 pm
"I have several matters I'll need to attend to later, but I can tell you who to talk to about the terrorists if you genuinely are interested. His name is Craig Anderson. He's a teacher in an upper class boarding school on West Street, but they have classes on weekends. He leaves at 3 in the afternoon on Sundays, a half hour before his class does. He's one of the few teachers who doesn't drive, so if you wait for him outside the front gate, you can't miss him. He'll likely be more than happy to talk to you about them for hours if you want him to. He has some rather interesting theories. He claims they have supernatural abilities like Drake does."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 06, 2012, 09:33:35 pm
"I don't know how he'd come to that conclusion, but I guess that's why I would have to talk with him. Thanks for that tip."

> Turn to Viola

"Should we head out? It might have settled down by now."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 06, 2012, 09:44:04 pm
"It probably hasn't." says the woman. "But it's two o'clock now, so if you want to speak to him today, you should probably start moving. I'm glad I was of help."

She doesn't seem particularly glad, or anything else, either.

"Yeah, thanks." says Viola, standing up, seeming to be eager to leave as soon as possible.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 06, 2012, 09:45:32 pm
"We'd better hurry. Thanks again for your time!"

> Move out and head for West Street
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 06, 2012, 09:59:06 pm
You manage to find the way you first entered the tunnels, and open a manhole, returning to the surface.

"She gave me the creeps... We've got enough time to get the other two if you think it's important. We could run into more trouble."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 06, 2012, 10:02:03 pm
"That's an idea...but it could hinder us. We'll bring them along."

> Head for base, being careful about entering

"Hey you two, get ready to go out."

> Quickly look in my book of mythological creatures for an entry on Dark Lord Apocrypha
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 06, 2012, 10:23:39 pm
Jack and Collin are in the park, where you left them. You don't think anything called that exists, but you could always try making something up.

"Where're we going?" asks Jack.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 06, 2012, 10:25:34 pm
"A school on West Street. There's somebody there that knows about the terrorist group that just attacked us. Long story, let's go."

> Head out
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 06, 2012, 10:37:14 pm
"Actually," says Viola. "It seemed like she was saying this is a completely different group from the ones who attacked us, but it's likely they're part of this... competition..."

You arrive at the gates to the school, a couple of minutes early.

Five minutes past three, and there's no sign of anyone leaving yet.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 12:44:43 am
I should have figured that SOMEONE would be putting up an organized team to catch me, given the money, but this supposedly "magical" terrorist leader that's come up...well, I guess they'd be interested if they possessed an eye. Let's see...the police won't be on us for much longer, but then the military will step in. We've got Miller and Sloth throwing shit at us in hopes of killing me, Carter going solo, Jessica and Envy fucking with us, a terrorist group, another group, and at least five other factions that I'm not aware of yet after us. If we want to take some of the heat off, we're going to need to somehow divert attention...

"...They're probably on lockdown. I wouldn't blame them, considering that there have been police chases, gunfights, AND RPG explosions recently."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 07:40:18 pm
"Well..." says Viola. "Do you think we should-"

You hear several loud explosions coming from the school, followed by gunfire and screaming.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 07:48:13 pm
"...SHIT."

> Pull everyone aside, then armor them up before moving in to scope out the situation
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 08:05:03 pm
You take a couple of minutes to make your skin stony enough to withstand a small amount of gunfire, and move in through the gates, figuring out where the explosions came from.

The main school building has several smaller buildings behind it. Each of these are a smoking ruin filled with bloody corpses, and the main building has a large chunk of the wall removed. The gunfire is coming from inside...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 08:06:43 pm
> Turn to Viola

"Do you still have guns? We're going to need them now."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 08:14:28 pm
"I've still got my pistol, but we dropped the assault rifles when we got hit by that RPG!" says Viola.

"I took a pistol with me." adds Collin.

"I took... a tazer and some pepperspray..." adds Jack, a little less confidently.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 08:19:28 pm
"Just be proactive, I'll see what I can do..."

> Move in, looking for one of the terrorist attackers
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 08:33:10 pm
They follow you through the gates, looking increasingly disturbed with each building you pass. You move through the hole in the wall.

"...What the... What the FUCK?" exclaims Viola, horrified. Jack and Collin don't seen any more calm than she does.

The classroom is a mess. The four desks closest to the wall are all completely demolished, with charred corpses lying under them, covered in bricks. A man lies slumped over the teacher's desk, his head riddled with bullet wounds. This classroom seated thirty students, and you're sure that the corpses lying all over the place add up to at least that amount, a small pile merely inches from the door. None of them, apart from the teacher, look any older than fifteen...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 08:38:27 pm
"...Well, I guess I'm not the leader in horrific acts anymore. Shit...all these people dead...because of one guy with theories..."

> Keep moving
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 08:53:51 pm
You step out into the corridor, finding the corpses of several more people. It looks like most of the rooms nearby have already been visited, but you can hear gunfire coming from a room quite some distance down the corridor. An older teen manages to run out through the doorway, only to be brought to the ground by a spray of bullets to her head.

"...They're accurate..." whispers Viola. "We'll need to be better armoured, but every second we wait more people are getting killed."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 08:57:26 pm
"...Alright."

> Spend more time to armor up, before moving down the corridor
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 09:10:45 pm
You take ten minutes to give everyone thick, stony flesh. You lose count of how many rooms are visited in the meantime, some of them upstairs.

"They move quickly, too!" says Viola.

You move down the corridor, past several classrooms full of bodies, reaching the stairs. They make a 180 degree turn around a pillar, so you can't see what's on the next floor from the bottom.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 09:12:32 pm
> Attempt to punch through an appropriate wall, if possible, and continue moving otherwise
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 09:21:18 pm
You peer around the corner, not seeing anything immediately suspiscious, and carefully make your way up.

You reach the top of the staircase, feeling something with your foot. A... tripwire?

The explosion hurts far worse than anything you've ever experienced.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 09:25:19 pm
"FUCK!"

> Attempt to crawl back into cover, hoping Wrath doesn't make any comments about how he's felt worse
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 09:34:37 pm
I have.

You're already halfway down the stairs, and roll the rest of the way. You're bleeding badly, the explosion blasting through most of your stony flesh.

"Shit, Drake!" says Viola, kneeling down next to you. "Heal yourself!"

"Shit..." says Collin. "They'll be coming back to check on the trap soon..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 09:37:32 pm
> Attempt to heal

"Who the fuck ARE these people!?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 09:45:26 pm
"...I don't know, but they're fucking monsters..." mutters Viola.

It takes you ten full minutes to heal yourself, but you still ache. In that time, both the gunfire and the screaming stops.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 09:50:32 pm
> Slowly begin sneaking around, checking the rooms
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 10:02:13 pm
You slowly advance, keeping an eye out for tripwires. You follow the trail of corpses, checking every room along the way for the terrorists, but finding nothing but dead bodies. As you keep going, you find fewer and fewer corpses in the classrooms, and more and more of them strewn about the corridors. After searching the entire first floor, without finding a single survivor, you reach the end of the trail.

The door to the principal's office is ajar.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 10:07:23 pm
> Mind the doorway, and hurry inside
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 07, 2012, 10:40:45 pm
The door doesn't seem to be tampered with, and you quickly move in.

The room is full of gore. The bones, limbs, and various internal organs of what you'd guess are two people are scattered all over the office, intestines draped over the curtain racks, and the severed heads of a man and a woman displayed proudly on the desk, the man missing an eye.

The room's sole occupant stops looking out the window, and turns to face you as you enter. She certainly doesn't look sane, with a black hood covering most of her face, and a blood-drenched cloak wrapped around her body. Her P90 rests casually in her hands, but she makes no attempt to raise it. Instead, she smiles. Surrounded by a bloody mess that used to be two human beings, she smiles. Confronted by a group of people who likely want to kill her, she smiles.

"What a pleasant surprise!" she says, in a tone far too friendly given the circumstances, swallowing whatever it was that was in her mouth as she does so. "I wasn't expecting anybody to show up so soon, and I certainly wasn't expecting anybody to come in looking for me instead of contacting the authorities. Would you like to introduce yourselves? Call me Widow."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 07, 2012, 10:50:38 pm
> Sigh, taking an opportunity to make myself look more threatening with spikes, claws, and changing my stony exterior to into a sleek, jet-black exterior, yet feeling an odd sense of familiarity with the woman at the same time

"You can call me Drake. You might have heard of me...so, what's all this, then?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 09:04:07 pm
Her smile widens, and she doesn't seem at all intimidated.

"Drake Hellbolt!" she cries, happily. "I was wondering when I was going to run into you! I'm delighted to make your acquaintance. What's this, you asked? Well, a bunch of wealthy parents sent their children here because they didn't want to have to look at them. Problem solved!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 09:07:46 pm
"...I don't know how to respond to that, but how did you manage to do all of this? And for what purpose?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 09:12:43 pm
"Oh, please. Do you really think shooting a bunch of unarmed teenagers is difficult? These parents clearly didn't want their children, and I fixed that for them. A public service, if you will. This is rich coming from you, though. What's the purpose of what you've been doing lately?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 09:17:47 pm
"I'm not focusing on such matters...I've prioritized sorting out what's wrong with the law enforcement system. I'd put abuse of authority above...um, 'societal burdens.' It's too bad that I didn't get here before you tore this place up, though. I was planning on speaking with a Mr. Craig Anderson, but it seems that the odds are against him having survived. You wouldn't happen to know anything about him, would you?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 09:24:12 pm
"Never heard of him." she says, shrugging. "What'd you want to speak to him about?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 09:40:21 pm
"Word was that he had some theories about a certain terrorist group...some crazy theories. Theories that the guy running the group had some kind of weird superpowers, you know? I guess they were crazy at some point...but now? Not so much. You wouldn't have any superpowers, would you?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 09:48:23 pm
She looks at you, confused for a bit, but suddenly starts laughing.

"Well, his theories clearly weren't very good! I AM the terrorist group! As for superpowers, you and Wrath'll have to figure that one out for yourselves."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 09:52:46 pm
"...Do we stand on grounds of hostility, or neutrality? It doesn't seem that you came here to make an alliance, at least at this time..."

> Turn to one of the heads

"So, did they taste good, then?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 10:05:53 pm
"I only had an eye. They're middle-aged and that's when they start to taste worse. Filthy, anyway. This one had a wedding ring, but she didn't. At least they'll be together in death, free from all social stigma. Maybe that's what's best for everyone, or maybe I just want excuses to kill people. That's what I do, Drake, and that's what I plan on doing in this absurd game."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 10:11:31 pm
"I won't try to stop you, but do you have any plans to kill me during this game? It would be understandable if you did, but for the time being it would be more comfortable if we focused on the bigger threat."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 10:25:24 pm
She seems amused by your offer.

"I try not to work with others, and I really don't think teaming up with you would be a great idea. You managed to get yourself discovered first with SHAPESHIFTING! That has to be one of the most anonymous powers POSSIBLE!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 10:30:41 pm
"True, but then again, how else would I get more power? The others are coming...and that's good for me, and perhaps even you. Well...I guess we're done here, unless you'd like to say anything else."

> Look around, taking the man's wedding ring and looking for anything else of interest or value in this room
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 10:56:54 pm
You look around the room, finding a severed finger with a golden ring on it.

"Yeah, catch." she says, throwing a small, bloodstained bag to you.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 10:59:48 pm
> Catch it, then look inside

"Thanks."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 11:07:55 pm
You look inside, counting a liver, half a kidney, several pieces of a heart, and... a GRENADE?

Your new exterior isn't as thick as your old one. For the third time today, you set a new record for the most painful thing you've ever experienced. Your head slams into the wall, as your forearms are blown off, and your chest is covered in shrapnel.

This is why you don't accept packages from terrorists who want to kill you! What did you EXPECT to be in it?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 11:10:49 pm
SHUT THE FUCK UP...GOD DAMMIT...

"FUCK! MOTHERFUCKER!"

> Heal
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 11:17:38 pm
Your companions are taken by surprise, and take cover as Widow starts firing. They're hit several times, but their skin prevents their injuries from being too serious. Widow quickly knocks a large, metal filing cabinet onto its side, and takes cover behind it.

You slowly and agonisingly manage to squeeze the many small pieces of shrapnel out of your chest, and start growing two new arms. The whole process takes about a minute. Your new arms have all the functionality of your old ones, but you still feel... different, like you've lost something you can never get back. The new arms don't feel right at all.

Widow's discovered that the cheap wall is easy to fire through, and the three outside the door are having a tough time.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 11:21:49 pm
"You blew off my arms...DO YOU KNOW HOW TRAUMATIC THAT WAS!?"

> Run over, extending sharp obsidian blades from my arms, charging for her
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 11:29:28 pm
She looks surprised to see you up so quickly, and sprays in your direction as you charge for her, some of the bullets piercing your skin, and sinking slightly into your stomach. You reach her quickly, and she dodges out of the way, quickly taking fire from Viola. She's hit for the first time, and cries out in pain as the bullet hits her shoulder, Viola retreating as Widow fires one-handed through the doorway. While she's shooting, you tackle her to the ground, pinning her uninjured arm, and raising a blade to her.

"You're stronger than I thought you'd be, but not as smart." she says, smirking.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 11:31:47 pm
"I THOUGHT THIS WAS A PROPER CONVERSATION UNTIL YOUR CHEAP TRICK! NO MORE TALKING! NOW YOU DIE!"

> Cut her up
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 11:37:13 pm
She starts laughing, her laughter turning into gurgles as you make a gory mess of her, too. The gurgling stops, and you're left with a pile of flesh and a black cloak.

Good job on finally doing something right for once.

"Did you kill her?" asks Viola from outside the room.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 11:43:34 pm
"It seems like it, but since I didn't see what what her power was I'm advising all of you to stay on your guard."

> Search her person, pushing out the bullets and improving my armor
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 09, 2012, 11:55:20 pm
It seems you managed to avoid all of her possessions when you were killing her. You take her P90, searching her to find a semi-automatic pistol, a couple of grenades, and a large amount of plastic explosives strapped to her chest, most of them undamaged by your attacks. However, those quickly go off.

Needless to say, you've just beaten your record again. You're not quite sure of anything else at the minute.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 09, 2012, 11:58:05 pm
"AAAAAUUUUGGGHHH!"

>Get to work healing

"FUCKING STOP THAT SHIT!"

> Take her black cloak, examining it closely

Wrath, would you have any idea if there's an eye located on her body? I swear, that was way too easy...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 10, 2012, 12:08:01 am
You slowly fix the many parts of your body that have been blown off, and look at the few of the remnants of the cloak that haven't been blown outside through the new hole in the wall, or fallen onto the floor below.

"Drake! Are you alright?" asks Viola.

If you were touching an eye, you'd know.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 10, 2012, 12:15:09 am
> Look through her remains for any other objects, making sure to touch them thoroughly

I'm starting to suspect that there's nothing here...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 10, 2012, 07:59:31 pm
You remember Wrath mentioning that the eyes are indestructible. Judging by that rule, she didn't have one.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 10, 2012, 08:02:00 pm
"...Well, this place was a bust. Everyone okay?"

> Turn to the others

"I think that warrants us getting out of here before the cops show up."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 10, 2012, 08:06:30 pm
You turn, noticing that Viola isn't there anymore.

"Viola ran off to check something." says Collin.

You hear a man on a loudspeaker outside.

"The building is surrounded. Release any hostages and come out with your hands up."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 10, 2012, 08:11:06 pm
"...Coming here just caused more problems than it solved."

> Check the surrounding area for positions of note, and any windows

"Where are the stairs to the roof?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 10, 2012, 08:16:28 pm
"This building doesn't have access to the roof!" says Jack. "They probably wanted to make sure nobody smoked up there or something."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 10, 2012, 08:19:45 pm
> Enter one of the classrooms, look out the window to get a general idea of what we're dealing with

"We won't have long before they start pushing into the building."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 10, 2012, 08:31:32 pm
You count two SWAT vans out one window. Not as much as usual, probably due to how busy they are elsewhere.

"They don't know you're here yet, right?" asks Collin. "So you might be able to use your shapeshifting for something other than combat."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 10, 2012, 08:34:27 pm
"...Alright. EVERYONE, CHILL. Where's Viola? We need to find her if we want to get out of this."

> Turn into an innocuous male student, do the same for the others

"Remind me to work on some convincing details after we find Viola."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 10, 2012, 08:43:35 pm
"You have FIVE MINUTES."

"I don't know." says Jack. "Sometimes she just-"

"Sorry, back." says Viola, hurrying into the room. "I was looking at the computers in the school office, since several were left on. Drake, I know we have bigger priorities right now, but there's nobody called Craig Anderson on the payroll."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 10, 2012, 08:48:45 pm
"...That was her...SHE WANTED US HERE."

> Change Viola into a student as well, then add some finer details such as blood, wounds, and general dirtiness to our persons

"Come on, let's hide in a closet or something. We need to look convincing. Practice your traumatized look."

> Find a closet, then have everybody hide inside while I try to act traumatized, using the knowledge that my arms will never be the same to help achieve that end
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 10, 2012, 08:54:34 pm
"...I don't think it was her..." says Viola. "They sounded completely different, and despite what she did, the second one didn't give me the same... uneasy feeling..."

You find a janitor's closet, and hide inside. Viola's traumatized look is the most convincing, but Jack and Collin do an okay job.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 10, 2012, 09:11:55 pm
"...Alright, I think it's safe to come out now! Come on, let's run for it!"

> Stumble out, then start heading for the exit
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 11, 2012, 07:31:41 pm
You run downstairs, finding several SWAT officers entering through the front door. They aim at you, but soon divert their attention to the area around you.

"We've got three survivors. Minor injuries." one says into his radio. "No sign of the attackers."

"You there." one of them says to you. "Are the attackers still here?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 11, 2012, 07:52:40 pm
Wait, three? Viola, Jack, and Collin are all here, right?

"I-I don't know! We just ran for it because we heard the explosions and shooting stop! She could still be in here! Just please, I don't wanna die!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 12:59:12 pm
Viola limps down after you, playing her part well.

"Make that four." says the officer on his radio.

"I'll take them back to the van." says a different officer.

"Alright, I guess we'll start searching the building." says another.

The officers split up and start looking for the dead terrorist, while one of them leaves out the front door.

"I know you've been through a lot, but we're going to have to take you in so you can tell us what happened."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 01:28:00 pm
> Walk out with him, and begin to tell him what happened in a traumatized manner

"There were...bodies...and...shooting...and...I had to HIDE...in my...CLASSMATES BODIES..."

> Shiver
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 03:06:35 pm
"You don't have to say anything yet." he says. "Wait until we're at the station, so you don't have to say anything twice."

He walks over to the van, and opens up the back for you.

"There isn't enough room for all of you to sit up front."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 03:39:08 pm
> Take a seat in back

Not exactly the rockstar treatment I was expecting.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 07:16:18 pm
You all get in, and the van starts moving.

"I'm taking back four witnesses. They seem slightly traumatized."

"Copy that."

You notice that there isn't much traffic, and most of the vehicles you do see are police cars and SWAT vans.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 07:18:39 pm
> Turn to Viola

"J-just hold me."

> Grip her hand
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 07:27:03 pm
She seems pretty surprised, but hides it well, and grips yours back.

You arrive at the station, the officer getting out and opening the door.

"Alright, come with me." he says.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 07:28:45 pm
> Move out, making sure the group stays together

"Screaming...explosions...she just killed everyone...she just killed...everyone..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 07:44:15 pm
You're brought to the police station, and lead inside.

"Detective Carter." he says into his radio. "Are you available for one more thing? Most of the force is busy."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 07:45:30 pm
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT.

> Turn to everyone else, giving them a subtle look of seriousness briefly
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 08:02:49 pm
Just don't be an idiot like you usually are and he won't have any reason to suspect you.

After a couple of minutes, you're lead into a room with a desk in the middle, and several reasonably comfortable-looking chairs near the door. You notice several small boxes in the corner of the room. Carter sits at the desk, his hand on a tape recorder.

"Good afternoon." he says, as professionally as the first time you saw him, after the officer leads you in, and closes the door. "My name is Detective Carter. Please, take a seat, and we can begin when you're ready."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 08:07:18 pm
> Take one of the seats, and wait for the annoying questioning to begin
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 08:19:24 pm
He switches on the tape recorder, and sets it down.

"Detective Carter. Sunday the 22nd of July, 2018. Questioning four witnesses of an attack at Saint Kieran's School. Describe what you saw, from start to finish, if you please. Try not to leave out any minor details, if possible."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 08:29:55 pm
"Alright, alright...so, we're just...in school, right? And I'm sort of daydreaming. Then suddenly there are these...explosions! And everything's just...PANIC. My classroom was...well, then SHE comes in and starts shooting! I don't know WHAT happened, but she just started shooting all of us! I tried to play dead...and I...everyone's dead, and I...hid underneath a pile of b-b-bodies, and everyone's been shot...I made a run for it when it had seemed to have calmed down, and I found a few other people, but then there were more explosions! So we hid in a closet...and we just waited...we waited...for it to stop, and then we ran for it when we thought it was over...just...SHE KILLED EVERYONE!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 08:48:20 pm
"Can you tell me what she looked like?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 08:56:06 pm
"She...was...there was some kind of black cloak on her. She was wearing some kind of black cloak! And she said something about us being unwanted children! And she kept laughing, and laughing! And shooting!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 09:06:31 pm
"Did she do anything that seemed in any way... unnatural?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 09:09:30 pm
"Um, she killed almost everyone in that school! And call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure she was the only person there! She did this all by herself...and...OH! I think...I think she was EATING human flesh when she came in..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 09:20:44 pm
"What exactly did it look like she was eating? We can compare this to past and future crimes."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 09:34:08 pm
"I don't know WHAT she was eating. It was just human flesh or something! I wasn't paying too much attention, I was just scared for my life!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 09:42:41 pm
"Then why do you think it was human flesh? Whether it was or not is important."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 09:53:10 pm
"I mean I can't tell you if it was an arm or a leg or something, I just know that she was eating something that was a part of someone!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 09:59:48 pm
"I understand. Can you say for certain that only one woman was involved?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 10:06:03 pm
"That's all I know I saw, but I didn't see anything that would point to other people attacking with her. I think she visited each classroom one at a time...I didn't hear more than one person shooting."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 12, 2012, 10:14:26 pm
"Thank you. Does anyone else have any details to add?"

Everybody shakes their heads.

"I will need you to state your names, and your contact information so that we can tell your parents where you are."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 12, 2012, 10:23:18 pm
...SHIT.

"...Uh, sir? I don't know my parents' work numbers."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 02:06:54 pm
"Unfortunately, we're required to notify your parents before you can leave. If you went to a boarding school, they'll likely have contact information in the school's records, won't they? I can have one of the officers searching the building look up your name."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 02:11:43 pm
"Uh, John Smith, sir."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 04:04:09 pm
"...That's inconvenient... There are probably several, so we'll need your address, as well."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 04:12:11 pm
"...Okay, this is weird...I...can't seem to remember...wait, what? What's going on? Why am I here? Who are you!?"

> Act panicked

I HOPE THIS WORKS.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 04:16:44 pm
You're an idiot.

The other three look concerned, and Carter looks slightly confused.

"Are you alright?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 04:20:49 pm
Well, she COULD have had AMNESIA POWERS THAT WORK RETROACTIVELY OR SOMETHING!

"...I...I can't remember anything...any of it...all I can remember...is the horror..."

> Fall to my knees
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 04:28:13 pm
Carter didn't catch you just because he's smart. He caught you BECAUSE YOU'RE AN IDIOT.

Carter takes a deep breath, and looks at the other three.

"Does he have a history of this sort of thing?"

Viola shakes her head, while Jack nods. Collin just looks at the other two.

Carter raises an eyebrow.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 04:37:08 pm
WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!? GIVE HIM A FAKE ADDRESS SO HE CAN GET EVEN MORE SUSPICIOUS!?

> Get back up

"I...uh...sorry...I just...it came back to me so suddenly...it was so traumatic! My address...is...uh...hold on, can I get a drink of water or something?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 07:11:22 pm
"As soon as you tell me the address you just remembered, of course." he says, narrowing his eyes.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 07:15:13 pm
"Yes...alright...it's 548 Arthur Street..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 07:23:12 pm
He lifts up a radio.

"Officers, please look up the cell phone numbers of John Smith's parents. The one who lives at 548 Arthur Street. And could somebody in the station please bring the poor young man a glass of water? He's feeling very unsettled."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 07:24:30 pm
Shit. SHIT SHIT SHIT. I'M SO FUCKING CLOSE...but I don't think it would be easy to get out of here again after tearing this asshole a new one...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 07:45:22 pm
Carter sits silently for a minute or so, listening to his radio.

"It's... real..?" he says into it. "No, of course I'm not surprised. Thank you for your help. I'll ask for the numbers of the other students' parents once you've finished your search. I still don't have their names yet."

He clips the radio to his belt again, and looks at you.

"I'm terribly sorry for the misunderstanding. There's a cooler just out in the hallway. Nobody responded to my request, so I'll bring you a glass of water myself. I'll get the rest of your numbers afterwards."

Carter gets up, and leaves the room.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 07:49:46 pm
> Look around the room, seeing if there are any cameras, turn to Viola and whisper

"Should we just make a run for it?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 08:15:17 pm
You don't THINK there are any cameras.

"Didn't he say he was just out in the corri-" she begins, before the door opens.

Carter walks back in, hands you a disposable cup with chilled water in it, and sits back down at his desk again.

"Alright, where were we..?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 08:20:20 pm
...How long would it take me to grow claws and an exterior resistant to tasers?

> Sit back, hoping everybody else has had the time to think of their answers since they did shit all when I was on the spot
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 08:33:13 pm
Probably longer than it'd take him to taze you.

They each give a fake name and address with varying levels of confidence, and Carter nods.

"It'll be a while before they pass that room again, so I suppose you can use this time to ask me about what's going to happen next."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 08:36:25 pm
"...So, you're saying that you have NO IDEA who did this? I mean, I heard something about these guys that were trying to kill that shapeshifter earlier today, but I wouldn't have thought that anybody would have targeted our school! Was it the shapeshifter? He's a wanted terrorist, after all!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 08:52:47 pm
"There have been several attacks similar to this, but we thought they were caused by a group of people. I'll look into the possibility that it was one woman."

He pauses for a moment, looking at you oddly.
"Are... you feeling alright?"

Your head is spinning.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 08:55:09 pm
"I...what?"

> Try to steady myself
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 09:04:48 pm
"John, is it happening again?" he asks, sounding concerned.

You feel like you're falling asleep...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 09:07:14 pm
"...So...sleepy...I...don't know what's happening!"

> Try to keep myself awake, slap my face, move around
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 09:21:15 pm
You get up, unsteadily. You try to move around, but you only get sleepier and dizzier, and collapse in a heap on the floor. You look up, and for the briefest of moments, you're sure you see him smile.

You groggily observe your harshly lit surroundings from the chair you're tied to. This room is unpleasantly familiar.

Idiot.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 09:22:57 pm
TELL ME WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY.

> Struggle, but don't break my bonds
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 09:39:56 pm
I would have killed the SWAT officer and ran as soon as he mentioned Carter.

"You're awake." you hear as Carter enters the room, and sits down at the other end of the desk. "Good. So, would you like to explain the mess you made of all those teenagers, Drake? I didn't think that was your sort of thing."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 09:44:23 pm
"You're calling that MY mess? Before you jump to that conclusion I'd like to ask you just where the fuck I would acquire the amount of explosives necessary to level half of that school."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 09:53:26 pm
He chuckles quietly.

"I know that wasn't you, it doesn't fit your usual pattern at all. I knew that if I accused you of it that you'd confirm that you really were Drake and that I hadn't just drugged a traumatized teenager."

This is painful to watch.

"So, where should we begin?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 09:56:52 pm
"You expect ME to conduct my own interrogation? For a criminologist such as yourself, that seems kind of daft."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 10:12:09 pm
"I just thought you'd like to decide what you wanted to discuss first. I'll give you a list of questions, then. Why did you kill the woman who attacked the school? How did you know she was going to attack? Who are the larger group of militants who seem to be targetting you? Who is the invisible woman? How many people like you are there? Why have you all started operating at the same time? Where is the watch?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 10:21:05 pm
For some reason, I don't remember explicitly drinking the water he gave me...

"Well, for starters I killed her because she tried to kill me. Really, she tried to kill me several times with precision explosives, including the last time when I discovered she'd strapped explosives to herself, but since that didn't work I took it upon myself to kill her. The reason I was there, believe it or not, was because a little birdie told me that somebody there knew about the terrorist group that was trying to kill me. Well, long story short, the guy she named doesn't actually exist, and I've still got a terrorist group looking to kill me. It's surreal, really. They aren't interested in turning me in...they want to use me for something else. You following me so far?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 10:24:23 pm
Maybe she gave you retroactive amnesia.

"What do they want to use you for, then?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 10:31:10 pm
"Well, I think they want to take me in and offer me a job in their financing depart-THEY WANT ME BECAUSE I SHAPESHIFT. I don't know, but that's probably it. Anyway, they already had a squad of men who proved that they weren't afraid to die come down and confront me, but I think I've already gone over how it takes more than explosions to kill me."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 13, 2012, 10:36:31 pm
"I'm sure that the watch is the cause of your power, but you don't seem to be wearing it right now. Why is that?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 13, 2012, 10:43:26 pm
"I would SO LOVE TO TEAR YOU APART RIGHT NOW...BUT YOUR BOYS HAD TO GO AND MESS EVERYTHING UP WHILE I WAS LOOKING FOR IT!"

> Get mad
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 06:47:20 pm
You do a very good job of looking angry, especially since you're pissed off about being here in the first place.

"You managed to lose it?" he asks, raising an eyebrow. "Why did you take it off?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 06:51:55 pm
"I DIDN'T TAKE IT OFF! THAT BITCH TOOK IT FROM ME! Then she thinks it's fucking funny when she rigs herself up with explosives and suddenly I CAN'T FUCKING FIND IT AFTER SHE DIES AND BLOWS UP! I would've found it if it weren't for the cops showing up..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 06:56:35 pm
He looks at you carefully, as if trying to decide whether to believe you.

"...You were disguised as students to begin with?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 07:05:37 pm
"We were planning on getting in without being discovered, but suddenly I get in a fight, and while it was over quickly, I END UP WITHOUT THE WATCH IN THE END. It's a good thing that explosion didn't kill me, and that this was all I got off with."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 07:08:55 pm
He thinks carefully for a few moments.

"...It sounds plausible... Wait, how did you recover from the explosion without the watch?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 07:11:01 pm
"Like I said, I'M FUCKING LUCKY THAT SHIT DIDN'T KILL ME. I realize she's strapped down with C4 or something, and then I get the fuck out of that room and take cover behind a wall. It would be humiliating if I showed up disfigured...oh, I couldn't STAND not having all of my limbs..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 07:23:15 pm
Did you just say something vaguely competent?

He scratches his chin.

"...It'd be odd if you were suddenly telling the truth, but you aren't wearing the watch... and I'm sure the watch is the source of your power after looking carefully at what happened when you broke out... I'll buy it... Now, tell me who the invisible woman is."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 07:26:32 pm
"That's easy. She's my ex-girlfriend."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 07:37:15 pm
"And that allows her to turn invisible?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 07:47:28 pm
"No, that just makes her a bitch."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 07:50:35 pm
"Just tell me about her abilities." he says, almost sounding impatient, but not quite.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 07:54:07 pm
"Well, she can turn invisible. That's it. She could be doing something more constructive, but she's just been making things inconvenient for me all fucking day."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 08:01:54 pm
"When was the last time you saw her, figuratively speaking?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 08:10:58 pm
"That would have to be this morning...she poisoned one of my friends, so we had to go to the hospital. But then she put the doctor to sleep with anesthetic! She's been a REAL FUCKING BOTHER."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 08:15:46 pm
He smiles a little.

"I'd heard about that incident, but I didn't think much of it. It's interesting how things turn out sometimes. Now, who impersonated your lawyer, and why did you shoot him after you escaped?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 08:23:27 pm
"Before I answer that, I want you to tell me something, Carter...do you believe in the supernatural?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 08:25:18 pm
"I've always kept an open mind, but I've seen no evidence pointing towards anything supernatural... Until recently..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 08:41:03 pm
"Well...he was a ' friend' of mine. Unfortunately, my ex got him."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 08:45:58 pm
"Makes sense, but why did you ask me if I believed in the supernatural right before you said that?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 08:51:45 pm
"Because...ALIENS. That's what's behind this..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 08:54:57 pm
"There are electrodes strapped to your chair, but I'm being civil, Drake."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 09:00:03 pm
"Can you offer another explanation, Carter? Because I just told you what's going on! Alien technology! It was given to me by aliens!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 09:26:18 pm
He looks slightly frustrated.

"...Any other explanation you give would sound equally absurd, and no amount of electric shocks are going to change that..."

You're suddenly not acting like an complete idiot, now. How long should I expect this to last?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 09:28:56 pm
Well, how long will it be before he gives me a chance to get out of here? Because that might get a little rough.

"...Any other questions, Mr. Loose Cannon?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 09:42:19 pm
"Who else has this alien technology?" he asks, with airquotes.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 09:44:36 pm
"Well...my ex-girlfriend, for one...and, please don't shock me, THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. There are probably more, but we just don't know about them yet..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 10:05:23 pm
His eyes narrow as you mention the president, and he starts to look very frustrated.

"This is either very important information or another absurd joke..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 10:08:10 pm
"Well, why can't the president trust the NYPD to handle me with all the resources they have? Why hand it over to the army to deal with? Why so suddenly offer a one billion dollar award for me? That's a lot of money, especially in this economy. Plain and simple...he just wants my power."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 10:30:47 pm
Carter stands up, and turns to the side, looking deep in thought.

"...You have a point... It's far from certain, but it's possible... Goddamnit... So many unanswered questions... It seems you don't even know all the answers yourself, and the ones you do know are so absurd I can't tell whether you've made them up on the spot..."

He clenches a fist, and relaxes it, sighing heavily.

"You've left me no choice." he says, taking out a shiny plastic sachet containing several round white tablets. "Swallow this, and let's never speak of this meeting again..."

He takes out a tablet, and attempts to put it in your mouth.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 10:36:04 pm
"Okay, you forcing things into my mouth is kind of...awkward!"

> Resist, since I feel uncomfortable letting someone feed me pills
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 10:39:37 pm
He sighs again, stopping.

"Just take it before I change my mind."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 10:44:28 pm
"Fine."

> Take it
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 10:52:28 pm
"I'm going to regret this..."

You swallow the pill, and start to feel dizzy again... It's the same drug as before...

"Drake? Drake?" you hear the woman you turned Viola into saying. You think she's shaking you.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 10:55:33 pm
"What happened? How long was I away?"

> Look around
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 11:13:54 pm
You're lying in an alley you think is near the police station. Viola is kneeling over you, and Jack and Collin are groggily getting up.

"What the hell did you do?" she asks.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 11:17:15 pm
"What do you mean? I just told him some things, not all of them necessarily true...he's apparently the sporting type..."

> Get up

"He thinks I'm not important anymore because he believes that I don't have my powers anymore..."

> Start walking off, walking around a bit before heading for base
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 14, 2012, 11:33:08 pm
"And he just decided to let you go?"

You've got it all wrong. You're his only lead. He can't learn anything else if he gives you to the president.

As you leave the alley, you see the woman in the raincoat, at the other side of a busy road. She looks directly at you for a moment, and walks away.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 14, 2012, 11:35:22 pm
"...Viola, it's that woman from earlier. She seemed to know to avoid us for some reason...we need to catch her and give her a shakedown for answers..."

> Look around, looking to see if Carter or anyone else suspicious might be watching us, crossing the street when possible

She's got a hand in what's happening. However, I suspect that we might be able to find Carter at the school later...he's probably interested in finding that watch I lost...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2012, 09:04:39 am
There'll be a lot of people collecting evidence with so many bodies. He'll probably tell them to keep an eye out for it, since he doesn't seem to know about me yet.

It takes about a minute before you're able to cross, and you head into the alleyway the woman turned into. It's empty, save for a manhole with a note on top of it.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2012, 12:40:41 pm
> Cautiously approach, hoping that the manhole doesn't have explosives underneath it while I step up to read the note
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2012, 01:00:58 pm
You very slowly move up to the note, the entire time expecting a fiery explosion that doesn't happen.

You carefully lift the note, and start to read. The paper's clearly very cheap, and it's obvious that the pen was, too, but the handwriting itself is remarkably clear.

Number Seven, Fox Avenue. Room 3A. Midnight.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2012, 01:12:49 pm
"Alright, there's this...come on, everyone. We've got time to rest before we have...a supposed meeting, assuming it isn't just a building filled with bombs."

> Head back to base
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2012, 09:23:39 pm
You return to the base, completely exhausted.

"I'm almost afraid to ask..." says Viola. "...But where's Jessica been all day?"

You look down the corridor as you enter. The door to your room is open, but you always leave it closed.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2012, 09:25:39 pm
"...Guys, stay out here, and be alert..."

> Armor up, moving towards the door
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2012, 09:48:51 pm
You cautiously approach, seeing a black-haired man looking carefully out of the doorway. He sees you, and steps into the corridor. He looks around the same age as you, wearing a dirty leather jacket and a pair of dark jeans. His hair looks sort of greasy, but its tidy enough.

"Oh, hello." he says, cautiously. "I'm sorry to show up so unexpectedly, but it's kind of difficult to find you anywhere else, for obvious reasons."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2012, 09:52:18 pm
> Since he's taking the cautious approach, take the aggressive approach and form obsidian blades on the sides of my forearms, growing claws

"You'd better explain yourself quickly before I decide to kill you for coming in here."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2012, 10:16:24 pm
He quickly raises his hands, obviously scared of you.

"Wait a minute." he says, taking a step back. "I came here because I wanted to help you out... I guess that sounds a lot less believable when I say it out loud, but there you go..."

"You could start by explaining how you found us." says Viola, suspiciously.

"This'll bring up more red flags, I know, but I was paid to follow you and figure out where you were hiding. I'm not planning on reporting back, and I'll gladly tell you everything I know about the people who hired me."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2012, 10:18:35 pm
"...Why don't you tell us a little about yourself first, champ? Go on, take a seat..."

> Enter, leaning on the wall next to the doorway
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2012, 10:32:04 pm
He sits down near the mattress, and starts talking. The other three return to their normal positions.

"Dominic Slayter. I got hired by the same guy who hired those people to try to capture you. He's been hiring a lot of people recently, mostly for violence, but nobody's got any idea who he is or where he gets all that money from. He just suddenly showed up a few days ago and started offering people ridiculous amounts of money. I'm not sure how many have actually met him in person, since he hires a few people to do all the talking for him."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2012, 10:37:14 pm
Money...could Greed have some kind of hand in this, or is that too much of a stretch?

"It's a nice story, but you don't give us much to go on. Also, I still don't trust you. If you're hurting for money so badly, how come you do the job, but without returning for your pay?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2012, 10:50:41 pm
It's pretty likely.

"I'm not trying to make a quick million like most of the others working for him, but I wasn't exactly getting any other job offers. Then I found out it was to follow you and I knew I'd do this. My pay isn't really that important if I stay here. I mean, you get by, right? You probably think it's a stretch that somebody might actually support what you're trying to do, but you probably haven't had internet access recently."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2012, 10:55:17 pm
"Well, I haven't, actually. I guess hiding out does that. What does the disgruntled youth demographic think of me? Oh, and do you have any cash on you? After you answer that, we'll go through the matter of your rite of initiation."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2012, 11:09:27 pm
"Leaked security camera footage from the reception of the hospital went viral. The teenagers are all over it, but a decent amount of mature adults like what you had to say. Obviously a lot of people have lost their internet access recently. I've got a credit card, maybe about a thousand dollars on it. Sort of my life's savings, but if I live long enough to regret giving it to you I'm probably lucky."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2012, 11:16:40 pm
"Great, now I'm going to be agonizing over what I could have said. Well, alright, that's good news. A credit card's nice, but it leaves a trail that's easy to follow. Anyway...your initiation. Dominic, before I 'officially' let you into the group, I need to know that you're...committed. In order for that to happen, I'm just going to have to change your internal anatomy. You can opt out at any time, since it's a lot less painful reversing the process, but you'll only be let in if you can last through the transformation to completion. Also, it WILL be necessary for me to do this on a regular basis, just ask the guys I work with. Collin, shut the door."

> Step forward, examining Dominic's current form, thinking about what to turn him into before consulting my book, then moving behind him and placing my hands on his shoulders

"Are you ready?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 15, 2012, 11:21:08 pm
Collin shuts the door, and starts boarding it up.

"Do it." says Dominic, clearly unsure where he should be worried or excited.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 15, 2012, 11:26:24 pm
> Begin the process of turning Dominic into a marble gargoyle
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2012, 09:06:11 pm
He doesn't move, but it's obviously very painful. You've never started anybody off with something this extreme before. At first, he screams in pain, but over the ten minutes of the transformation, he gradually becomes quieter. Eventually, he becomes silent, standing before you. He's inanimate, but alive.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2012, 09:10:17 pm
> Pat Dominic on the back

"...Well, now I know that I can keep somebody petrified when necessary. Good job, Dominic, you're part of the group. Your body should warm up to transformation, so don't worry about it always being this painful."

> Make it so Dominic is able to move
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2012, 09:17:40 pm
He takes a deep breath of air, and looks at his arms, moving rigidly.

"My chest wouldn't expand, so it was difficult to breathe... This is... so strange, though..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2012, 09:21:39 pm
"You're not alone in that regard. The others said the same thing, perhaps even multiple times! I can turn you into practically anything!"

A thought just came to me. Wrath, would you consider yourself a male or female? I'm asking because you probably don't have a gender, but you seem masculine. Or maybe that's just me. I can tell you that Envy definitely comes off as feminine.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2012, 09:30:08 pm
That's a complicated question, for many reasons I won't get into now. It depends on how you define gender, but I'd consider myself to be male. To be fair it's pretty easy to tell by our voices.

"If you asked me idly I'd be able to think of hundreds of things I'd like to turned into, but now that it's actually possible my mind's blank."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2012, 09:39:04 pm
"You'll get a lot of opportunities. Anyway, we need to be somewhere at midnight. Does anybody know what time it is right now?"

> Turn into a humanoid black cat, sitting on the mattress

Considering what I know about the guy who might be Greed...it seems that he has access to a vast amount of wealth. Considering he's just hiring guys off the street instead of trained professionals, I'm assuming that he's not the owner of a company or something. If that's true, then he can probably 'print' any amount of money he needs. He's not interested in the bounty because he has more money than he'll ever need! And considering his inefficient spending, he's probably not being discreet with his spending elsewhere...perhaps if we paid attention to somebody making unusual purchases?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2012, 09:54:28 pm
"About six." says Jack. "We should probably start eating. Uh... Anyway, Dominic, welcome to our..."

"Group of shapeshifting terrorists?" suggests Viola.

"Yeah, that." shrugs Jack.

"Welcome." adds Collin, nodding to Dominic.

"Thanks." says Dominic. "I'll try to get to know you all better."

Keep this up and I might just stop regretting choosing you.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2012, 09:58:58 pm
We might consider asking around...or reading the paper.

"Well, I guess tonight we might be able to have a celebratory dinner, thanks to Dominic! Anyone have anything in mind? Thai? Italian? A sports bar?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2012, 10:09:23 pm
Jack and Collin look pleased, and start discussing their possible choices of venue.

"Anywhere that won't poison me." awkwardly laughs Jack.

"With your stomach that rules out half the city." complains Collin.

Viola approaches you, talking quietly.

"...A lot's happened today and I can't get my thoughts straight about any particular thing, but can we talk... about earlier?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2012, 10:10:48 pm
"Certainly...I understand that the aftermath of your vendetta...upset you."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2012, 10:24:55 pm
She steps backwards into the corner, since the door is already boarded up, and talks to you there.

"...This is so fucking clichéd and that just makes it even worse, but am I any better than Carson? Even if he deserved it, did his wife and daughter?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2012, 10:31:53 pm
> Put a hand on her shoulder, becoming human again to be serious for a moment

"Carson was a horrible person. His kid and wife may have been good, but that doesn't mean you can't take your revenge. He didn't think about you when he shot your father...he wasn't concerned about what it might do to YOUR family. So don't get hung up on his family, because I'm sure he ruined others."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2012, 10:38:16 pm
"...I don't want to get all angsty on you, but I feel like I should have left them alone... I don't feel any better about my father now, but I feel worse knowing that that girl's going to grow up seeing me the way I saw Carson."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2012, 10:40:36 pm
"...Vengeance...begets vengeance. It is perhaps the most dangerous cycle to get stuck in. Just don't think about it. Come on, we'll have a good time tonight, maybe even visit a few stores, or snag a couch to put in here..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2012, 10:57:57 pm
"...Thanks... The worst part is I can never do anything to change this... which is exactly why I shouldn't think about it so much... I think tonight'll be fun."

She smiles, and it's definitely sincere.

"Drake!" calls Jack. "Settle an argument. Chinese or Italian?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2012, 11:01:00 pm
"We can get takeout any night! We're going Italian!"

> Go over to Dominic and change him back into a human again

"Anyway, line up, everybody, we're doing the general disguising again!"

> Change everybody's appearance, then change myself into a woman

"Alright, let's have a good time!"

> Head out
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2012, 11:15:11 pm
Collin smirks, and Jack feigns disappointment.

You disguise everyone appropriately, succeeding in getting funny looks from everyone in the room as they see your form.

You head out, Dominic leading you initially.

"There's an ATM nearby." he says, before taking you to a small bank, with a line leading up to a cash machine.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2012, 11:17:18 pm
"That's great, take care of your business, then. Make sure to get enough for a mild shopping trip afterward."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 16, 2012, 11:34:28 pm
You hand him the card back, and he waits in line for a minute, coming back to hand you $500.

"This is my daily withdrawal limit. Probably a good idea to leave half there just in case, anyway."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 16, 2012, 11:37:18 pm
"Yeah. Hopefully we'll be able to get more. I've got something that I might be able to pawn."

> Start heading for an Italian restaurant
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 06:54:38 pm
"I know exactly where we're going." says Collin, leading the way to a pleasant-looking pizzeria a few minutes' walk away.

"Could we get a table, please?" he says to the man standing next to the menu outside. The man nods, and takes you into the relatively busy restaurant. Around half the tables are occupied, but it's still nice and quiet.

You're all lead to a row of three small tables placed right next to each-other. You sit in the corner, opposite Viola and next to Jack. Jack sits opposite Collin and next to Dominic, while Dominic sits opposite Jessica.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 06:57:43 pm
"Anybody want to share appetizers? Because I KNOW I'm getting the stuffed mushrooms."

> Take a look at the menu

"I'm thinking of getting the four seasons pizza, that touches all the bases. Anyone else?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 07:15:46 pm
"Same here." says Jessica, setting her menu aside.

"...I think I'll get the one with barbecue sauce..." says Dominic, looking rather confused.

"So... Collin..." says Jack, awkwardly trying to ignore the woman next to his alleged brother. "Pizza or pasta?"

"I'm still thinking about it..." Collin responds, uncomfortably.

Viola is looking through the menu quietly, casting sideways glances at Jessica.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 07:21:10 pm
Wait a minute, what's Jessica doing here?

> Consider desserts, then wait for the waiter to take our orders
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 07:29:30 pm
I have no idea.

The waiter arrives after a couple of minutes.

"Are you ready to order?" he asks, politely.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 07:33:05 pm
"Yes, I'll have the stuffed mushrooms appetizer, with a four seasons pizza."

There's not much we can do about it. Well, at least without causing a scene. At least she isn't being troublesome.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 07:47:14 pm
"I'll have the same thing, please." says Jessica.

"I'll have the carbonara and the garlic bread." says Jack.

"I think I'll get garlic bread and a four cheeses." says Collin.

"Could I get the stuffed mushrooms and a barbecue pizza?" asks Dominic.

There's a slight pause, as the waiter looks at Viola.

"I'll have..." she quietly says, still looking through the menu. "...Sorry, there's a lot here... The... uh..."

"Would you like more time to decide?" asks the waiter.

"No, I'll just get... the... lasagne and garlic bread."

"Certainly." says the waiter, diverting his attention back to you. "And to drink, madam?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 07:49:18 pm
"I'll just have a diet coke, thanks."

> Smile pleasantly
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 07:56:55 pm
The others take your queue not to drink, and order soft drinks as well.

"I'll have half a bottle of the house red, please." says Jessica.

"Of course." says the waiter, finishing writing down your orders and moving on.

"Drake." whispers Viola, leaning across the table. "What did I just order?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 07:59:09 pm
"Uh, lasagna and garlic bread. Why?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 08:06:04 pm
She looks rather embarrassed, whispering even more quietly.

"No, I mean... What's lasagne? I've heard the name before, but I don't know what it is."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 08:21:48 pm
"Well, it's good! It's sort of like a layer cake with pasta, cheese, meat, and sauce. I've made it many times before, and I can tell you that it is cheesy deliciousness..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 08:53:07 pm
She breathes a sigh of relief.

"I picked it because I saw the picture and felt rushed. Good to know it isn't something weird."

She sits back again, as the waiter returns with your drinks. He sets your glasses down, remembering whose was whose, and pours a small amount of wine for Jessica to taste. She takes a small sips, and swishes it around her mouth slightly, before swallowing.

"Hrm..." she says, after a couple of seconds. "Get me something good."

"...Certainly." says the waiter, taking the bottle and glass back to the kitchen. He takes it mostly in stride, but you get a couple of disgusted looks from nearby tables.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 08:56:07 pm
Pros and cons of making a bloody mess right here, right now...

"So, Jessica...what did you do all day?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 09:04:47 pm
I'd quite like that, but I reckon she could vanish before you could reach her with the tables in the way.

"Met up with Greed." she says, waiting for the wine.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 09:09:23 pm
"Oh, really? And what did he have to say?"

It's always a minor detail like that...tables, tasers...chairs wired with electrodes...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 09:19:14 pm
"He wanted me to join him, but I'm still thinking about it. Working with him definitely has a lot of perks, but I really couldn't be fucked having to talk to Gluttony."

The waiter returns with a different, more expensive-looking bottle of wine.

"Better." she says after tasting it, allowing the waiter to fill her glass, and watching him leave.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 09:30:56 pm
"He's got Gluttony on board, too, then? What am I? Chopped liver?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 09:37:40 pm
"Greed and Gluttony have some temporary alliance going until they get rid of you, Pride, Sloth, and Lust, but I'm guessing it'll fall apart if they kill anyone and have to decide who gets their eye."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 09:46:57 pm
"I wouldn't have thought they would get along that well anyway, let alone enough to form any kind of alliance. Really, I don't think this game was meant to be all that diplomatic. We're playing for keeps, and the keeps are good."

> Hope the waiter delivers the food soon enough
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 09:56:31 pm
I highly doubt that Greed and Gluttony themselves were as happy about it as the humans were.

"Greed has money, and Gluttony can actually fight. An alliance was kind of inevitable."

The waiter returns with your starters, and gives them to you. The stuffed mushrooms look rather appealing.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 10:01:36 pm
"Thank you."

> Enjoy my mushrooms, still talking with Jessica

"You seem to know a lot more about these things than I do, assuming you're being truthful. Or maybe I'm just kept in the dark more..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 10:10:28 pm
The mushrooms are very good. You think you might be able to do better, but it'd be difficult.

"I can turn invisible, remember?" she says. "I just had to follow his men back to one of his messengers, then follow the messenger to him. It really wasn't very complicated."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 10:28:37 pm
"...I guess it might be easy for me to do something like that, just without the invisibility. I've been meaning to ask, how'd you manage that poisoning job on my good friend here?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 10:37:12 pm
She smiles.

"If I tell you that you'll know how much I've poisoned. Anyway, who's the woman in the coat I keep seeing near you?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 10:42:44 pm
"I don't know the answer to that question. I'm intending to get answers, though. How have you been in the field of practical japing? You gave me quite the surprise this morning, but I think some of the other things I've been through today have upstaged that stunt. Have you played other tricks on people today?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 17, 2012, 10:48:25 pm
"Apart from... basically everything I did this morning, not really. Why do you ask?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 17, 2012, 10:50:35 pm
"No reason, I was just thinking about this one guy I know that I might like to have pranked. You probably wouldn't be interested, though, since you seem to have things going on with Greed and Gluttony."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 18, 2012, 08:25:37 pm
"I probably wouldn't." she says, picking at her stuffed mushrooms. "But I'm curious."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 18, 2012, 08:31:23 pm
"It's a man who just happens to be after answers, the guy responsible for my initial capture. You know, when you broke me out of jail? Yeah, he put me in there. We had another chat today...and it seems he's heard rumors about you. But I doubt he knows much about Greed or anyone else. He's a guy called Carter...and he's out to solve this little 'mystery.'"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 18, 2012, 08:35:14 pm
She sits back a little.

"I know all about Carter. What are you suggesting I do and how would it benefit me?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 18, 2012, 08:39:42 pm
"...Well, I can't say it would benefit you, but you COULD sneak into his office tonight before he moves out and steal some of his things...I'm sure that would interrupt his ongoing investigation, and possibly confuse him or something. Other than that, my advice for you is that Greed and Gluttony would need you a lot more than you would need either of them."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 18, 2012, 08:49:00 pm
"I'm sure he'd just remember the details without his notes." she says, setting her cutlery down with her appetizer half-eaten. "As for your other advice, I'm well aware of that, but their agreement had me thinking..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 18, 2012, 08:53:16 pm
"...Perhaps we should make a counter-agreement? Here's the thing. Greed is a dangerous person because he can hire as many people as he wants. Gluttony is dangerous on his own. We don't want a concentration of power on their side...because Greed would be able to spearhead a large hierarchy."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 18, 2012, 08:59:16 pm
"So maybe it'd be for the best if we put our differences aside for the time being..."

Viola is looking at you with an "Are you fucking serious?" expression on her face.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 18, 2012, 09:03:46 pm
This is all assuming that she's a trustworthy source of information...I can't verify anything she said, since she's the only one who said it, but I DO know that Greed is getting a ton of hired guns after me. Alliance or not, we're already in a spot of trouble.

"...I would agree that perhaps this would be in our best interest."

> Extend a hand slowly over to Jessica
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 18, 2012, 09:09:09 pm
I'd certainly be careful about trusting a word she says.

She shakes your hand, smiling, as the waiter collects your dishes.

"Was the meal to your satisfaction?" he asks.

"Passable." says Jessica, before anyone else can respond.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 18, 2012, 09:11:31 pm
"I enjoyed it quite thoroughly."

> Await the bill
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 18, 2012, 09:32:55 pm
The waiter soon comes back with your main meals. The pizza's huge, and it actually looks pretty good.

"Did you say you were going somewhere else later tonight?" Jessica asks you as the waiter sets everyone's plates down.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 18, 2012, 09:36:04 pm
"I don't believe I did. Why?"

> Start eating, knowing that I should be able to stomach it all with the help of SHAPESHIFTER POWER
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 18, 2012, 09:51:51 pm
"You said you had to be somewhere at midnight." she says, smiling smugly as if catching you lying is a big deal.

The gooey cheese fills your mouth. You can't remember the last time you ate first-hand pizza. Viola takes a moment figuring out what to do with her lasagne, but seems to be enjoying it.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 18, 2012, 09:56:34 pm
"I was assuming we were speaking inside the context of this conversation. Sorry, I misunderstood. But I guess I'll be somewhere later. Hopefully I'll be meeting with someone related to this business, and not just stepping inside a building rigged with explosives."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2012, 08:14:17 pm
She simply nods, thoughtfully.

"Well, we have Envy, Wrath, Greed, Gluttony, and Sloth accounted for. Any ideas on Pride and Lust?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2012, 08:16:23 pm
"I can't say anything for certain...but I feel like I'll be meeting one of the two later tonight."

> Enjoy my pizza
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2012, 08:30:54 pm
You're nearly filled up completely, but you make room for the rest of it fairly easily.

Productive use of your powers, I see.

"I'll be sure to watch." she says.

"What are we planning to do to make sure it isn't a trap?" asks Viola, thoroughly enjoying her meal.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2012, 08:34:05 pm
"Arrive fashionably late. If there's a connection between who we're meeting and the attack at the school, then any bombs should go off before we arrive. Or, we arrive prepared."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2012, 08:41:15 pm
"If we arrive late and this is a legitimate meeting, they might think we're not showing up and leave. How do you think we could prepare?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2012, 08:44:48 pm
"Armor up, bring guns. That's all, really. Or perhaps I could send somebody else in first..."

> Look around at everyone
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2012, 08:55:25 pm
Nobody looks overly enthusiastic about your offer.

"...What if we arrived early and scouted the place out?" suggests Dominic.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2012, 09:11:48 pm
"That's a good idea...but I wanted to pick up a few books at the store after dinner. Whatever, we'll try that anyway, there's plenty of time to do both."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2012, 09:22:57 pm
The waiter returns.

"Would you like anything else?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2012, 09:24:02 pm
"I'm fine, thank you. Would anybody else like dessert or something?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2012, 09:37:13 pm
"I'm seriously completely full." says Viola. Everyone agrees, apart from Jessica, who just sort of shrugs.

"Would you like the bill then, madam?" he asks you.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2012, 09:41:16 pm
"Yes, please."

> Wait for the bill, then pay it with a semi-generous tip
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2012, 09:55:16 pm
The waiter returns with the bill, places it in front of you, and leaves.

The meal cost $128, which you suppose isn't bad for six people with starters, especially with everything being so expensive now. You do note that Jessica's half-bottle cost as much as all your starters put together, however, but you suppose they'd be humiliated if she rejected two bottles in a row.

"So... You leave tips in these places, right?" asks Viola, quietly. "How much are you leaving?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2012, 09:59:19 pm
"I'll just put down $20. One-sixth is more than enough, especially in this economy."

> Leave the money, then get up and head out towards a bookstore, trying to determine the time
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2012, 10:12:31 pm
"Thank you for coming." says the waiter as you leave.

You step out into the cool, night air, tarnished by the heavy traffic. There's a small bookshop nearby, and you step inside. The clock on the wall says it's nearly seven.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2012, 10:14:13 pm
> Look around for books detailing animal anatomy, as well as books on dinosaurs
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 19, 2012, 10:20:53 pm
You find a couple of books that you think suit your needs fairly well. They cost $22 in total.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 19, 2012, 10:24:49 pm
> Go up to the register, and pay for the books, excited that I'll be able to improve my technique

"Well gang, let's go check out that building."

> Head for the meeting place, early
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 20, 2012, 09:30:48 pm
You arrive at a modest-looking apartment building. It doesn't look expensive, but you wouldn't call it run-down, either.

"Should we go to the room the note mentioned?" asks Collin.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 20, 2012, 09:33:57 pm
"Well, if she's in there right now and sees us then that might make it awkward...well, I guess there's no harm in just checking the place out."

> Enter the apartment building, looking around, heading toward the general area of the room described in the note
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 20, 2012, 09:49:11 pm
You enter the building, and climb the stairs up to the third floor, finding room 3A right in front of you.

The door is closed, but that's all you can really tell right now.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 20, 2012, 09:51:45 pm
> Look around, make sure everything's clear, then knock, and if there's no answer, form my finger to fit into the lock, and open it
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 20, 2012, 11:25:45 pm
Nobody responds to you as you knock it, so you pick the lock and take a look inside.

You carefully look around the single bedroom apartment. It's pleasantly furnished, and you don't see any immediate signs of danger. There's nothing out of the ordinary here whatsoever, you reckon.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 20, 2012, 11:28:15 pm
"I'm getting the feeling that this place is safe, but then again I've been wrong about these things before. We'll clear out for now, but I can't guarantee that nothing will have changed by the time we come back."

> Close and lock the door, leaving the premises for the base
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 20, 2012, 11:49:13 pm
You turn to leave, noticing a very cautious-looking woman watching you from the stairs. She has long, black hair, draped around her shoulders, and a pair of dark blue eyes. She's wearing a black cocktail dress and high-heels, so you'd guess she was also out for the night. Come to think of it, you think you recognise her from somewhere... Isn't she a news reporter?

"What are you doing in my apartment?" she asks, quietly.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 20, 2012, 11:52:46 pm
Wait...what story was she reporting...

"I was told to meet someone at this apartment at a specific time...I was also provided with a key. I came, but the second party didn't appear to be present. I apologize for this, the other party was responsible for setting up this meeting, and I had just assumed that it wasn't some kind of elaborate prank..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 21, 2012, 09:00:06 pm
"...I don't know where they got it, but give me that key..." she says, sounding irritated.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 21, 2012, 09:03:20 pm
"Oh, certainly...just give me a second..."

> Head back over to the door, act like I'm getting the key out while I turn my finger into a cheap-looking metal key, then detaching it from my body
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 21, 2012, 09:16:36 pm
Detaching it hurts, a lot, but you manage to keep quiet.

"You were going to leave the key in the door..?" she asks.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 21, 2012, 09:20:58 pm
"I figured I might as well. I wasn't planning on coming back. Anyway, here's the key, just like you asked! We're done here."

> Attempt to leave
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 21, 2012, 09:33:46 pm
She looks at the key for a moment as you walk on, but turns to you.

"Who arranged to meet you here?" she asks you, curious.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 21, 2012, 09:37:43 pm
"An odd homeless woman with a peculiar coat and a haughty disposition."

> Keep walking
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 21, 2012, 09:42:05 pm
She gives you a strange look as you leave.

"So, what are doing until midnight?" asks Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 21, 2012, 09:44:07 pm
"We'll be heading back to base...but everyone keep an eye out for that woman following us. Or anybody else, really."

> Head back to base
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 21, 2012, 09:58:47 pm
The walk back is uneventful, and you nail the door shut, making yourselves comfortable.

Viola's phone receives a text.
"Huh?" she grunts, taking it out of her pocket to read it.

"...How the hell did she get my number?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 21, 2012, 09:59:48 pm
"Who did? What's it about?"

> Go over and view the text
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 21, 2012, 10:15:45 pm
She hands you her phone. The text is brief.

There will be no explosives. Do not arrive late.

"...I think about ten people know my number. Half of them would give it out without a second thought, but she's still going into a lot of effort to contact you..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 21, 2012, 10:18:44 pm
"...She can definitely read minds. Well, we'll see what happens...anyway..."

> Change everyone back, then go and pour over my new books, examining the anatomy and skeletal structures of the animals and dinosaurs, getting giddy, before attempting to change into a velociraptor
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 21, 2012, 10:31:48 pm
Mind reading's the best excuse you could come up with?

The books are a great help. With relative ease, you manage to turn into a feathery raptor.

"This is the part where you turn us all into things, isn't it?" asks Jack, groaning.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 21, 2012, 10:35:59 pm
Well, it can't be cloaking, can it? I wouldn't see how else she'd find out aside from getting Jessica to tell her somehow...unless...no, I doubt she's Jessica. Maybe if we checked the number...

> Screech like a raptor, then examine my books for a few seconds before turning Jack into a gallimimus
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 22, 2012, 04:58:20 pm
Jack backs away a little as you approach, but doesn't resist as you turn him into an obscure dinosaur.

"...What the hell am I?" he asks.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 22, 2012, 05:06:55 pm
"Gallimimus!"

> Turn to my other book, looking up bears, then turning Collin into a bear
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 22, 2012, 08:48:30 pm
Collin looks surprised, for a bear. He roars, while Jack manages to balance himself and promptly leans against the wall in the corner.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 22, 2012, 08:52:01 pm
> Move over to Viola, quickly checking my book, and turning her into a tigress, then, move over to Dominic and change him into a Lion
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 22, 2012, 09:00:23 pm
You successfully turn your room into a strange zoo.

"Well..." says Viola, stretching her long back. "What are we planning to do for the next few hours?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 22, 2012, 09:03:09 pm
Is it just me, or did the books make this a lot easier?

> Sit down, searching through my book for information on snakes and things they use to detect prey such as thermal sensors, before turning into a large cobra

"Well, I guess we could try some other things with transformation, but first off, Viola, what number did you receive that text from?

> Look at her phone again

You know...I've been thinking about Stacey recently, again...maybe I should visit her again while still have time...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2012, 09:51:45 pm
Checking up on your son is probably polite.

You vaguely understand the notes on the pit organ, and complete your transformation. The pit organ is rather complicated, but with the help of the diagrams you manage to get it formed in a few minutes.

You can't describe it, but you can sense the body heat of the four around you. It's not quite like seeing, but you can detect their warmth quite precisely. You don't think Jessica is in the room.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2012, 09:55:55 pm
> Begin turning everyone back

"Alright, everyone...I've got someone I have to check on. I can't bring any of you with me, but you should be able to find SOMETHING to talk about while I'm out. This...well, this is important."

> Go out

Would she still be in the hospital, or might she be home by now?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2012, 10:12:42 pm
They'll probably have kicked her out as soon as possible.

The others look a little confused as you leave, but get back to talking amongst themselves.

You return to the house. The car you took to the hospital isn't parked there, but the light in the lounge is on.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2012, 10:14:49 pm
> Make sure I'm John before knocking
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2012, 10:25:41 pm
You knock the door, eventually hearing somebody move carefully to the door. After a minute or so, the door slowly opens, revealing Stacey, holding a sleeping baby in her arms. She certainly doesn't look overly stable right now. You think she might be twitching a little.

"...Hello." she says, quietly. "...Please, come in. You've been away for too long..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2012, 10:31:10 pm
> Hug her

"I'm sorry, honey. But I'm here now. So...this is our child..."

> Step in

I wonder what's upsetting her...the fact that this city is a warzone, or that she suspects that I'm not the genuine article.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2012, 10:43:51 pm
She hugs you back tightly, sobbing a little into your shoulder, and carefully handing you the baby.

"His name is Renard..."

You step in, and she closes the door behind you.

"Sit down on the sofa with him... Should I get you a drink?"

She seems really tense.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2012, 10:47:36 pm
"No, it's fine..."

> Sit down and cradle the baby, examining him

"Honey...please don't be worried."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2012, 10:52:21 pm
You're not a great judge of this sort of thing, but you think he looks healthy. He's sadly got his father's nose, though.

You sit down, and Stacey stands in front of you, looking more afraid than most of the people you've killed.

"You... You didn't have to come back..." she says, barely audible. "You... did it because you love me, didn't you... Drake?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2012, 10:55:35 pm
> Decide to play dumb, in case this is the same trick Carter played on me

"...What are you talking about? Stacey...it's John. Don't you recognize me?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2012, 11:03:15 pm
"I do, but I... I..."

She breaks down in tears.

"Drake attacked the hospital just as you went missing! And...your father's middle name wasn't even close to Renard!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2012, 11:07:49 pm
Well, I guess it would have happened eventually. It isn't as catastrophic as I would have imagined, though.

"...I see. Would you prefer to know what really happened, Stacey?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 24, 2012, 11:20:11 pm
Something tells me you'll find this more awkward.

"You... you killed him, didn't you? And you pretended to be him... from... from when you pretended to have lost your keys so that you'd know where we lived... right? You... spent time with me for real, though, didn't you? You killed him, but you didn't want to leave me to raise a child alone, did you? In the time we spent together you were kinder to me than he ever was! WHY? WHY DID YOU DO THAT? You'd ruined his memory by treating me better than he did! But... you did it for a reason, didn't you? ...You did it because you really do love me, right?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 24, 2012, 11:26:12 pm
"...I couldn't just leave you alone, and I needed to find someplace to stay. But...yes, I did come to fall in love with you. But, Stacey...John...the reason I killed him wasn't because I passed him on the street. The reason I killed him was because him and his partner tased me, beat me into unconsciousness, dragged me off, tied me to a chair, then proceeded to beat me further and cover me in gasoline. It wasn't the first time they'd done it, either...they'd killed at least 10 others. John was a horrible person. But you...you deserved better. I love you, Stacey. But I think you'll find that what's even more important...is whether or not you love me. Do you love me, Stacey?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 09:20:43 pm
"I... I loved him... and you're him... but you're not... but you were better at being him than he was! I don't know... Just... please don't leave me... Please..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 09:24:24 pm
"I won't...but I'm afraid I can't spend very much time here."

> Stand up, and give her a kiss
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 09:27:13 pm
She kisses you back, still crying.

"...Where are you going..?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 09:35:34 pm
"I'm not going anywhere yet, I'm just saying that I can't stay here too long."

> Sit down, still cradling the baby

"...You've watched the news, right? The country's calling out for my blood, all because a guy in a suit comes out and puts a bounty on my head. I'm not some evil, sociopath monster, like they make me out to be. The news is biased, and the stories don't even cover half of what's really going on. Don't trust what you hear secondhand, because they don't know what really happened. This isn't something typical, either, so that's another reason why you shouldn't trust anything you hear. I'll tell you this, Stacey, I'm not the only one. There are others like me, just with different abilities. They all want to kill me, too."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 09:39:23 pm
"...I believe you, John. Please, be careful... Don't get yourself killed. You know what I'd be like without you, don't you?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 09:44:54 pm
"I know."

> Hand her Renard

"...The thing about my powers is that not only am I able to change myself...but I can change others as well. Have you ever wanted to lose weight? Look younger? Have a different nose? I can do all that. I can do things that people would pay thousands of dollars to have done to themselves. This might not be the best time...I'm just letting you know that I care enough about making you happy to give you the option."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 09:48:52 pm
"...Could you... Could you make me younger and thinner again?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 09:50:21 pm
"Easily. Just hold still."

> Touch her on the shoulder, and fulfill her wish
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 09:58:26 pm
She isn't all that old or fat, so you don't need to make a lot of guesswork. She cries out in pain, but the transformation is brief.

"...Thank you..." she says, lifting a hand to her face.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 10:02:07 pm
"I did what I could. Remember, Stacey, I love you. Stay safe. For me, and for our son."

> Leave the house, creating the heat sensors on my face to judge if Jessica is following me around
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 10:09:30 pm
"...Okay..." she mutters, watching you leave. "Please come back soon..."

You and Lust would really get along.

Unfortunately, you sense Jessica leaving the house.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 10:15:06 pm
If Jessica knows what's good for her she isn't going to engage in any funny business. And do you really think so? I don't think I've met Lust yet, but I didn't think it was THAT much in her element. Hey, Wrath, if I were to...engage in sexual intercourse with Stacey...whose child would it be?

> Head back to base, checking the time

"I'm back, everyone."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 10:23:57 pm
If you think you're doing that while I'm around you've got another thing coming.

"Welcome back." says Viola. "Dominic has a lot of questions but we don't have half an idea what's going on either."

"I've gathered something about the president having demonic powers, and that's about it." says Dominic.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 10:27:04 pm
What? Why not?

"Well, Dominic, you see, just like how I can shapeshift, and how the guy who hired you has an indefinite amount of money, and how Jessica can turn invisible, the president of the United States has some kind of power. Now, while I'm unsure what that power is, exactly, I do know that he's paying a large bounty in order to ensure that I'm brought in. If you haven't caught on yet, his goal is to steal my power. Any other questions?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 10:44:49 pm
I know you mortals feel the need to reproduce constantly, but you're representing me right now.

"How did they get all these powers?" asks Dominic.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 10:51:05 pm
Hey, Wrath, did you ever have to learn English, or do you just speak some celestial language that encompasses all languages or something? Because I could see there being difficulty in having to go from English to German or something. You might have to help me if we end up traveling. I've got Spanish down, but if we end up in Amsterdam then we could be in a spot of trouble.

"From the seven deadly sins. No, really. I get my powers from Wrath, Jessica from Envy, Miller from Sloth. The powers are concentrated in 'eyes' which are capable of being taken and redistributed. From what I know, there are seven eyes for each sin, for a total of 49 eyes in existence. We only know for certain the owners of three of them right now, but I know Greed's out there with one, and the person we're meeting probably has one as well."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 11:00:24 pm
I've been pretty much everywhere at some point, but some of my languages might be outdated by a few hundred years.

"Wait, so that's what that watch was?" asks Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 11:07:01 pm
Have you ever had a situation where you had two or more hosts at once?

"Shh. Invisible people have ears. Anyway, the eyes are indestructible, and are capable of being transferred between objects. I'd recommend AGAINST any of you touching an eye, if such a situation arises. If you touch an eye, then you're opening yourself up to the entity whose power is contained in it. You'll be helpless as they will most likely forcibly take control of your body for their own purposes. I know that I can touch these eyes without risk of such an incident occurring, because I'm protected by the power of my own eye...though Wrath allows me the privilege of my free will in this matter. Anyway, does that answer your question?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 11:12:02 pm
This is the only eye one of you mortals managed to find.

"That explains a lot... Thanks..." says Dominic.

"So..." says Viola, thinking carefully. "That werewolf at the police station..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 11:15:15 pm
Really? I would have thought somebody had found at least one other, considering you said one of the eyes is in a military base somewhere. What's the deal with this distribution? Only several are in circulation?

"The werewolf at the police station? It was probably me, why?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 11:29:58 pm
Kill the other holders and find the rest of my eyes. What part of that is so difficult to understand?

"The other one. He handed you the watch and shot himself, after. Was that... Wrath?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 11:34:46 pm
Earth's huge, the eyes are in unspecific locations, and I'm going to have a hard time obtaining them when they're in such exotic places as the belly of a deep sea beast and in a lava pit.

"Yes, it was. But I don't think you were there, Viola..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 25, 2012, 11:44:43 pm
This is assuming you don't get yourself murdered by this time next week.

"Those two told me about it." she says.

"We were really, really confused by that." says Jack.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 25, 2012, 11:47:01 pm
"Well, if everybody is caught up, I'm a bear."

> Turn into a bear, and sit down while enjoying my furry new body
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 11:37:49 am
You feel nice and warm.


"Where were you, anyway?" asks Viola, curious.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 11:56:13 am
"Just...saying hello to Stacey."

> Go over to my books, and see if I can try to understand poison glands
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 01:07:35 pm
"I don't think I want to know anymore." she says, as you look through the book.

You can understand how the glands work, but the book doesn't go into great detail with the chemistry of it, and you're not entirely sure how to create specific chemicals with your powers, anyway.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 01:55:25 pm
> Read up on the structure of gills, in the event that I may have to go underwater

"I'm really preoccupied with this meeting...and there's not much else I can think of to pass the time aside from what I normally do."

> Turn into a dragon
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 05:05:51 pm
Now gills, you can definitely manage. It's complicated, but you think you can handle it.

"We could go looking for furniture." says Collin, as you unfurl your wings.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 05:12:57 pm
"Good idea, but we wouldn't be inconspicuous hauling a sofa across town. I wouldn't trust any handymen with the job of delivery, either...well, it's worth a try, I guess. We'll have to swing by a pawn shop, though, I've got a ring that I need to turn in for cash."

> Turn back into a human male, get everyone disguised, then head out in search of a pawn shop
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 05:27:29 pm
There are actually quite a lot of pawn shops in the general area, so finding one really isn't a problem.

You open the door, a small bell ringing as you step into the dusty interior.

"Hey!" says the rugged-looking man behind the counter. "What can I do for ya?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 05:30:00 pm
"Well, I just came in because I've got something I need to pawn for some cash. I'm also looking to get some furniture, if that's possible."

> Present the ring
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 05:40:37 pm
"I've got some furniture in the back room. Lemme see this thing you've got there."

He takes the ring off you, and makes a show of looking at it carefully.

"I don't even need to get my expert here to tell you this is a fake. Mostly worthless, but it does look sort of nice so I'll give you ten dollars for it and ignore the blood."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 05:44:07 pm
"Feh, I showed that to another shop a few blocks down, and they said they'd give me three times as much for it."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 05:52:16 pm
"Bullshit, but I'll give you credit for trying. Fifteen and that's it."

You've got no reason to believe he's telling you the truth, but you've got no way of knowing whether it's real or fake, either.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 05:57:41 pm
Pawn shop workers have a reputation for ripping you off...but I'm not going to be so quick to walk out of here peacefully after he claims that he'll ignore the blood. Bastard will probably call the cops as soon as we're out the door...

"Oh, you wanna bet? I can walk out of here right now and walk home, happy with $30!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 06:03:37 pm
He folds his arms, leaning against the wall behind him.

"If you're happy with thirty, why're you arguing with me in the first place?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 06:10:33 pm
"Because I know you're that you're holding out."

> Take the ring back

"Anyway...show me what you've got in back."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 06:15:46 pm
"Sure thing."

He opens the double-doors behind the counter, revealing a room full of old furniture and other junk too large to fit in the front of the shop.

"Take a look." he says, stepping aside.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 06:19:14 pm
> Enter, looking around, particularly for chairs and sofas
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 06:33:31 pm
As soon as you're all inside, the door's closed and locked behind you.

"Hey, could you send a few officers my way? Pawn shop at 9 Down Street, a group of five tried to sell me a wedding ring with some blood on it. They probably killed somebody to get it. I've got them locked in my back room now, but I'd appreciate it if you could get a move on."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 06:35:30 pm
"As to be expected. Whatever, this is an opportunity, everyone."

> Examine the door, and see how much integrity it has, also keeping in mind what kind of furniture is in here
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 06:45:46 pm
There are a few sofas of various sizes and levels of quality, along with a several smaller chairs. There are also a couple of coffee tables and various other things, but those probably aren't your biggest priority right now.

The door itself seems pretty sturdy, but that's useless when the hinges are in such bad shape.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 06:48:59 pm
"You guys pick out a sofa that seems nice. Hold on for a minute..."

> Change my hands into sledgehammers, bash away at the hinges
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 07:04:09 pm
The hinges come off very easily, and the door falls down, revealing a rather shocked salesman.

"...Holy shit you're that guy, aren't ya? Look, just... take the money in the register and leave... alright? I saw nothing!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 07:12:28 pm
"You already called the cops. I'm afraid that I can't walk out of here with a sound mind without...well, defusing this situation. I apologize in advance, but I'll be as delicate as I can."

> Bulk up, dragging the man into the back, then removing his eyes, mouth, ears, and limbs, hiding him back in the midst of all of the furniture and everything else, then redialing, after changing myself to imitate him

Good thing they don't know it's me yet.

"Hello? Pawn shop at 9 Down Street again, the group of five just broke the door down and ran out! They seemed to be heading North!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 07:20:52 pm
The others look horrified at what you do to him, as he rolls around desperately, unable to scream.

"I understand, sir, but I'm not the same operator. If you requested police assistance, they'll likely be there shortly and you can explain this to them."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 07:22:18 pm
"Alright, alright, fine, fine."

> Hang up, then look around the shop for any cameras, remembering that other situation I had much earlier

"The rest of you, hide. I'll do the talking."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 07:26:46 pm
If there are any cameras, you can't see them amidst all this crap. The others hide in the back room, and the police take a couple of minutes to arrive. Three officers walk into the shop, looking at you.

"I see they knocked down the door. How long ago?" one asks.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 07:46:02 pm
"Well, what time did I call you? Because it was about two minutes after the first call! They didn't bother to stick around. Hell, they didn't even try to take the money from the register. I saw them run out, they went North of here, I think. Whichever way that way is."

> Point off in the general direction that's to the left of the front door
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 07:54:37 pm
"What did they look like?" one asks, holding a notepad.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 07:59:32 pm
"Okay, I didn't get a good look at all of them, but I know that the one I was talking to was wearing a blue baseball cap, had jeans, and a tank top, he was white. There was another one that was black, had jeans, as well as a tank top, and was also wearing a baseball cap. There was a third that was a woman, who was white, and she was wearing a mini skirt...the others I can't remember, but they were probably dressed similarly."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 08:06:00 pm
"We'll start looking. Thank you," one says, starting to leave with the other two.

You hear a crash, and a small yelp from the back room. The officers stop.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 08:08:50 pm
"Hold on, I sent some staff back there to check it out earlier."

> Go back

"Hey, be careful with that merchandise!"

> Come back out

"They're new on the job, this week's been such a headache."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 08:17:51 pm
Jack is on the ground next to a chair lying on its side, looking rather nervously at you.

The officers shrug, and head out the door, allowing everyone to breathe a sigh of relief.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 08:23:50 pm
"Did you guys find anything that looks cool? Or passable? I'm sure two of you could handle a couch, and two others could grab either a chair each or one recliner. Do they have one of those cool hand-chairs? The ones shaped like a hand? One of those would be sweet."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 08:28:33 pm
"Most of it's shitty and broken," says Viola. "But there's a matching sofa and recliner that seem pretty comfortable."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 08:32:51 pm
"Alright. You two."

> Indicate Jack and Collin

"Take the sofa. You other two, take the recliner."

> Increase everyone's muscle mass

"I'll deal with this guy over here, now start moving it."

> Wait for them to get working, then attend to restoring the shopkeeper

"That wasn't so bad, was it?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 08:37:32 pm
"WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK?" he screams, trying to shove you off.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 08:44:41 pm
> Keep a hold of him

"Now, unless you want that to happen again...or something worse, I suggest you take a nice long look at the wall behind you. Oh, and we'll be taking a few things, but the best I can do is $15."

> Put $15 in his hand, making him face the wall

"Just keep staring at that wall until you think it's safe enough to turn around...I know I'd only turn around if I was ABSOLUTELY SURE there was no chance of me coming back for something else...Oh, and I think it goes without saying, but a word of this to the cops and I'll make you WISH you were dead."

> Head out, cutting the phone cord as I leave, helping to move the furniture
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 08:50:58 pm
You think you've scared him shitless. He slowly turns around, and faces the wall without another word.

After cutting the cable, you help with the sofa. The base is pretty nearby, and you manage to get back with few witnesses.

Apart from the woman in the coat, who you notice watching you from a nearby rooftop as you enter the alley next to the base.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 08:53:07 pm
"Huh. The little birdie seems to be anxious to meet with us or something. How much time do we have left? Midnight doesn't seem to be approaching fast enough."

> Help get the furniture into the base, keeping an eye on the woman intently watching us
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 09:01:16 pm
She leaves soon after you notice her.

"It's ten." says Dominic, as you squeeze the two dark-green chairs through the door to your room.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 09:04:06 pm
"Well, we should start heading over in an hour, then. Feel free to enjoy the couch, guys. I'm going to try something."

> Attempt to change into a small child
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 09:16:00 pm
Jack, Collin, and Dominic sit on the couch, as Viola takes the recliner, hanging her legs over the arm of it.

This is very, very difficult, and just as painful. You have to break your bones up and reshape them, and change the size of literally every feature of your body. You think it takes you a full hour, but you're finished.

"No offense..." says Viola. "But you're the ugliest child I've ever seen..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 09:18:26 pm
"It's a work in progress..."

> Change back

"Well, I think we should head out now. That woman stressed how important our punctuality was to her, so let's get on with it."

> Head out
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 09:27:59 pm
Changing back takes another half hour, but you manage to show up at the apartment five minutes early.

"What now?" whispers Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 09:28:48 pm
> Wait for five minutes, then knock on the door
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 09:59:58 pm
It takes a couple of minutes, but the door is answered by a tired-looking woman in a dark blue nightgown.

"You again?" she asks, starting to get irritated. "Do you know what time it is?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 10:02:35 pm
"Midnight. I'm sorry, but she assured me she'd be here this time around."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 10:11:11 pm
"I really am trying to be patient with you, but you're not having some shady meeting in my-"

"Laura Stone, right?" asks a man behind you. You turn, seeing a group of four rough-looking men on the stairs, all aiming pistols at your group. "I hope you lot don't mind, but we'll be taking her back to our place..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 10:13:06 pm
> Comply with them

You know what? I don't think I'm going to be attending any more meetings that I haven't arranged.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 10:22:29 pm
What is she trying to gain from this...

Laura looks shocked, and retreats into her apartment, slamming the door behind her.

"You five clear off." says the leader of the group. "Call the cops and we'll find you."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 10:24:11 pm
"Understood..."

> Back off

Did she know this was happening? Does she want me to stop it? Or did she arrange it...I know I can take these guys out...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 10:34:04 pm
Hrm...

"Aren't we going to do something?" whispers Viola. "She wouldn't send us here for no reason."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 10:36:13 pm
"Well...since she isn't here...I think she wants us to take care of these guys. They seem like hired goons."

> Armor up, and armor up everyone else

"Come on, we're saving that reporter."

> Head up and prepare to slash the gunmen
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 10:45:34 pm
You look into the apartment, noticing a struggle taking place between Laura and the gunmen in the doorway of her bedroom. She's doing surprisingly well, but there are four of them and one of her.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 10:46:53 pm
> Seeing that everyone's occupied, walk right in and tear everyone aside from Laura apart
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 10:55:49 pm
You easily cut down three of them by yourself, the other backing away, and aiming at Laura's mirror without looking.

"GET BACK OR I'LL- SHIT!" he yells, realising that Laura's at the opposite end of the room from the mirror.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 11:04:22 pm
"Open wide."

> Grab him, then shove a slimmed arm down his throat, before expanding it outward and exploding his windpipe
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 26, 2012, 11:07:56 pm
This asshole can't even scream, as he dies a horrible, horrible death, his body thudding against the floor.

"...Thank you..." says Laura, clearly ignoring the mess you just made. "...Are you... Drake Hellbolt, by any chance?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 26, 2012, 11:11:59 pm
"You could say that...Well, it seems I was mistaken. Perhaps I wasn't called here for a meeting, but rather, an intervention. I don't think it's safe here, Laura. You should come with me, if you want to live."

I'm pretty sure I did the right thing...but what would anyone want with this reporter?

> Pick up the guns
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 27, 2012, 05:40:58 pm
"...That sounds reasonable." she says, calmly. "I'm not sure what's going on at all, but staying with you seems to be the most sensible option..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 27, 2012, 06:07:08 pm
> Hand my crew guns, then escort Laura out of the building

"Quickly, before more show up."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 27, 2012, 06:24:54 pm
You don't see any signs of trouble, but somebody will likely wonder what all the noise was if you don't get a move on.

You make your way back to the base, the streets mostly empty, the street-lights casting a calm yellow glow through the midnight drizzle.

A hundred metres down the street, you see that woman again, standing under a streetlamp, and looking in your direction.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 27, 2012, 06:28:44 pm
> Wait until I close the distance

"Hey, I want some answers!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 27, 2012, 06:37:10 pm
She gives you a brief nod as you begin to approach, before turning around, and walking into a nearby alleyway, disappearing into the shadows.

"Is that the woman you were talking about?" asks Laura.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 27, 2012, 06:38:23 pm
"Yeah...but I've come to grow suspicious of anything she does."

> Cautiously move into the alleyways
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 27, 2012, 06:48:06 pm
Some of the alley is lit by the street-light, but after that it's basically pitch black.

Viola's phone starts ringing, and she looks at the number.

"It's for you, I guess." she says, handing it to you.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 27, 2012, 06:48:35 pm
> Raise eyebrow, then answer

"Hello?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 27, 2012, 07:21:34 pm
It's her again. Her tone hasn't changed in the slightest.

"I don't intend to repeat myself, so it would benefit you to listen carefully, as I'm unwilling to type all of this into a text message. One of the advisors to Greed's host will be delivering payment to an informant at eight o'clock tomorrow morning. They will pass each-other at the entrance to the train station at the Main Street closest to your current position. The informant will be entering and the advisor will be leaving. They will bump into each-other, argue briefly, and appear to inadvertently swap a pair of black briefcases. The suitcase given to the informant will contain one million dollars, and you may be interested in the advisor for different reasons. Is there anything I haven't made clear enough?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 27, 2012, 07:31:14 pm
"Yeah. Were those guys working for Greed? What did they want with the woman? And what can I do with the informant money?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 27, 2012, 07:35:13 pm
The only response you get is a click, followed by a dial tone.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 27, 2012, 07:40:41 pm
"...Everyone, we've got a money deal to interrupt tomorrow morning. It could give us some answers."

> Enter base
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 27, 2012, 07:45:04 pm
You return, with no further problems.

"What do you mean, exactly?" asks Dominic.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 27, 2012, 07:51:40 pm
"The call was about one of Greed's advisers giving one million bucks to an informant tomorrow morning. If we stop the deal, and take the adviser, we'll get information..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 01:01:59 pm
Everyone nods.

"What time do we need to get up tomorrow, then?" asks Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 01:38:42 pm
"Early enough to get to the nearest Main Street station by eight."

> Speak with Laura

"Do you have any idea what those men would have wanted with you?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 02:14:09 pm
"...Well, I suppose I am relatively well-known. I can only assume they targeted me because they knew they might get a ransom out of it... Who's Greed?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 02:29:11 pm
"For your safety, you should know that there are other people out there with strange powers besides just me. We just call him Greed, since we don't know who they are...but what we do know is that there's a guy out there capable of generating legal tender. It's not counterfeiting, per se, more like making his own money. He's hired plenty of guns to come after me, and I have reason to believe that he's building a criminal empire."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 03:03:55 pm
"I suppose that working with the media gives me plenty of connections he might be interested in... Are you sure they were working with him?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 03:10:05 pm
"...Not entirely, actually. There's a chance they could be working with an unknown faction. So...you're an unofficial group member, as of right now."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 03:15:28 pm
"What would that entail, exactly?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 03:26:53 pm
"You're in the know, and I guess I'm obligated to offer you a place to stay for now..."

> Sit down

"What did you think of me before this?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 03:29:13 pm
"I was curious... I hadn't made up my mind about whether your actions were justified or not, considering the fact that I don't know the full story... and I still haven't, but I do appreciate that you saved me."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 03:34:09 pm
> Turn into a dragon

"You know that key I gave you earlier? That was actually my finger."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 03:57:57 pm
She steps back, a little startled by your not-so-sudden transformation. She then looks at the key, slightly puzzled.

"Would you... like this back?" she asks, handing it to you.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 04:09:05 pm
"I'm not sure I can do anything with it, but it's fine. I can regrow plenty more fingers."

> Take it back, see if I can reintegrate it
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 04:24:28 pm
You can't attach it to your body, nor can you manipulate the key itself.

Once it leaves your body, it's gone.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 05:30:44 pm
"Nothing doing. Well, that's that, I guess. So...would you like to see what it's like to be changed, Laura?"

> Unfurl wings
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 05:33:59 pm
"Is that necessary?" she asks politely, not seeming too eager.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 05:43:08 pm
"Well...no, but it's fun!"

> Change into a griffin

"See?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 09:12:31 pm
"I can't say it isn't tempting... What were you considering turning me into?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 09:19:29 pm
"I haven't decided yet, but something like this would hurt terribly if I were to start you off with it. Just ask Dominic."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 09:25:15 pm
"I can vouch for that." says Dominic, raising his hand.

"Well, if you need some more time to think, there's something I need to talk to you about." says Laura.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 09:44:19 pm
"Certainly, ask away."

> Curl up
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 28, 2012, 09:53:30 pm
"It's something I'd like to talk to you about it in private."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 28, 2012, 09:59:01 pm
"...I don't see why you'd need to talk about it in private, Laura...but alright. Come..."

> Get up, move to a different room
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 10:46:16 am
You move to a different room, and she begins explaining.

"I don't know the circumstances of the other people with you, but a lot of people would notice if I suddenly went missing. I didn't want to ask you about this in front of the others because I don't want them to feel like I think I'm above them for that. What do you think I should do?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 12:59:02 pm
"Well...it's unsafe for right now to go out and resume your normal business, but I can see why people would notice your disappearance. Luckily, I just so happen to be a shapeshifter, and I can shapeshift others, too...so perhaps I could fake your own death?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 06:26:56 pm
She looks thoughtful for a moment.

"That's very... permanent..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 06:45:04 pm
"True, true, but if it's convincing enough then nobody else should come looking for you."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 07:22:26 pm
"...How long are you expecting this is all going to last, exactly?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 07:29:13 pm
"All of this? Well, if we're talking about how long it will be before this entire thing ends...I'd have to guess at least a few years. This is only the opening of the game."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 07:58:15 pm
"It's likely safer for you to fake my death... but I do have plenty of contacts who're only useful if I'm alive..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 08:04:55 pm
"...Really? Such as who? You can imagine that I'm in a difficult situation right now."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 08:16:44 pm
"I suppose I'm probably the most popular reporter for my station, and I sometimes work as an anchorwoman, too. I'm very familiar with a lot of people who work in the media, with a large variety of roles between them. I'm not sure how you could make use of them, specifically, but at least it gives you more resources to work with."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 08:22:04 pm
"Definitely interesting...I'm not sure how I could immediately use this to my advantage, but I suppose I could call attention to the others aside from me. But as for now, I'm not sure exactly what I should do about you."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 08:23:34 pm
"What do you mean by that, exactly?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 08:31:27 pm
"I don't want anything bad to happen to you after seeing what just happened, so I don't think I can send you home. However, keeping you with us for a longer amount of time would present problems for you because your peers would notice. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow before I can decide what course of action to take, but until then, try to enjoy your stay here."

> Walk with her back into the room
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 08:44:24 pm
She makes a suggestion before you start moving.

"I live by myself, so I only need to appear for my job, and I can simply decline invitations to anything else. I can probably think of excuses to take days off work, too, as long as I'm there often enough to ensure nobody was worried. What if you were to pose as my assistant, and accompany me? That way if anybody comes after me, you'll be able to surprise them, and possibly get some answers."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 08:47:15 pm
"...That's a sound idea. We can certainly try that after I stop the money deal tomorrow morning. Where do you work, exactly?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 08:55:00 pm
"With Fox News, unfortunately. They were the only station I could get a job with after I graduated, and I do have a sense of loyalty, despite it being... well, Fox."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 08:58:51 pm
"Fuck...being your assistant might not go so well...but I guess I should. Anyway, I've figured out something to turn you into. Let's head back."

> Enter the main room again

"Alright, Laura, I've got the perfect thing for you...just hold still, and brace yourself."

> Consult my book, before turning her into a stone-skinned naga
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 09:03:06 pm
You step outside, immediately noticing the woman in the coat standing between you and the main room.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 09:05:47 pm
"...Do you have something to say, or are you just going to disappear again?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 09:20:28 pm
She simply smiles.

Inexplicably, she pulls out a silenced pistol, firing several shots into your stomach!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 09:23:33 pm
"FUCK!"

> Develop armor, diving at her
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 09:37:44 pm
She... she just disappeared?

It seems I was right...

"Shit, Drake, are you okay?" says Laura, checking your wounds. You're bleeding pretty badly, but it's nothing you can't sort out quickly.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 09:39:09 pm
SHE'S...SHE'S JESSICA!?

> Push out the bullets, angered

"I'm fine! That was her again..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 09:44:14 pm
You heal yourself, and the others quickly leave the room to check up on the noise.

"What's wrong?" asks Viola.

"What the hell happened?" asks Jessica, uncloaking a few metres behind you, wearing the same clothes as earlier.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 09:49:26 pm
"THAT WOMAN...AND YOU...JESSICA...EITHER YOU OR SHE SHOT ME BEFORE DISAPPEARING BEFORE MY EYES!"

> Keep an eye on Jessica
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 09:53:38 pm
"I don't know what you're talking about. I was right down the corridor and I didn't see anything." says Jessica.

"Calm down, Drake." says Viola. "What happened?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 09:54:56 pm
"I was talking with Laura, and then started to head back to the room, but then I saw the woman in the coat again...and she fired three shots into me with a silenced pistol! Laura, you saw that, right?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 10:05:16 pm
"I saw it!" says Laura.

"This is all starting to make even less sense..." says Collin.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 10:08:37 pm
"And who's the only person who can disappear? Jessica! And WHO is one of the only people who would know Viola's phone number? JESSICA! AND WHO'S BEEN ABLE TO GATHER EXTENSIVE INTEL ON GREED? JESSICA! SO WHAT KIND OF GAME ARE YOU PLAYING, JESSICA?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 10:16:23 pm
Jessica steps back, looking pissed off.

"Why the fuck would I go into all that trouble?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 10:19:28 pm
"I don't know, but you seem to love fucking with people an awful lot! Wait...what if this is part of that woman's plot to do something...I...fuck. Let's...just...think about this later."

> Get up, head back into our room
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 10:23:51 pm
"My head hurts." says Jack, returning to the room before you do. Jessica cloaks, and you're not sure where she goes after that.

"I'm exhausted..." says Viola. "Sure we'll get up on time tomorrow?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 10:26:31 pm
"...We should. If not, I think we'll be reminded..."

> Sit down, turning into a lion, before curling up
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 10:38:28 pm
You fall asleep easily. A lot has happened today, after all...

You see the swirling colours again, but a third colour as joined them, along with a soothing, female voice.

It's been a long time, Wrath, Envy. It truly is a pleasure to speak to the two of you again.

Likewise, Lust.

Fuck off.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 10:40:05 pm
Question, why did your host have to shoot me? Just because I can take three bullets in the stomach doesn't mean it's okay to do that. Is Jessica in here, too?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 29, 2012, 10:52:29 pm
Great, now there's TWO of these pricks.

Ah, those would be the humans you chose, wouldn't they? You chose well, but it's going to be such a waste...

You're probably right. He's not the smartest.

You honestly think you have a chance in this, Lust? Don't make me laugh! HAH!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 29, 2012, 10:54:59 pm
I must say, Envy, you've chosen somebody who's about as pleasant as you. So, Lust, you opt NOT to have somebody proxy for you, then?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 10:28:39 am
Go fuck yourself.
Go fuck yourself.

Maybe I haven't, or maybe I have and she just isn't saying anything right now. I'll enjoy watching you try to figure this one out...

I've figured it out, but the dramatic irony is just too good.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 11:43:42 am
Whatever the answer, she's an odd woman.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 01:35:50 pm
Drake Hellbolt, isn't it? Tell me, what do you hope to gain from all of this? I'm curious.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 03:16:53 pm
Gain? I've already gained quite a lot. Perhaps I'm just trying to not die right now?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 04:05:14 pm
Then why don't you simply give up?

He's not giving up. He might be an idiot, but he's not a coward. I'll give him that much.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 04:08:34 pm
You'd like that, wouldn't you? I can't give up, not when there are plenty of others playing right now that wouldn't even think of it. I won't let Greed get away with what he's doing, and I won't let Sloth get off clean, either. This is a dangerous world to live in...if I just gave up, I might as well die.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 04:18:40 pm
Told you.

In that case then, Drake, I think we'll be meeting again soon...

WE'RE HERE TOO, YOU KNOW!

Don't remind me. Anyway, I'm guessing it's around dawn now.

You wake up suddenly, and sure enough, it is.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 04:20:15 pm
These conversations take place at weird rates.

> Get up, yawning, and walking over to the food table, still a lion
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 04:42:29 pm
It all goes by really slowly when you're asleep. It makes listening to Envy so much less bearable when it takes half an hour for her to say something. It probably seems quick to you, doesn't it?

You look through all the food in the corner, but how much of this has been poisoned?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 04:44:13 pm
> Take a bag, and eat some of it, knowing I'll be able to fix it myself if it HAS been poisoned
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 04:53:42 pm
You manage to tear open a bag of chips with your claws, and start taking them out of the bag with your tongue.

"...What are you doing?" asks Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 04:55:02 pm
"Eating. Why?"

> Keep eating
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 04:58:30 pm
"...Okay..." she says, grabbing a bag for herself. "Well, made up your mind on anything yet?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 05:00:15 pm
"Just so you know, that might be poisoned. Anyway...this morning we'll be interrupting the hand off. Then, I'll be interning over at Fox news."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 05:06:58 pm
She stops eating for a few moments, but then continues anyway.

"...What?" she asks, obviously half-asleep.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 05:11:01 pm
"Laura works at Fox, and since she has to show up there every once in a while, I'll be accompanying her to look around and make sure she stays safe."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 05:23:06 pm
"...She works at Fox? Seriously? Well, whatever. What about that thing the woman told us about?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 05:31:08 pm
"We'll be doing that...but I'm going to have to take care of any poisoning, first."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 05:32:51 pm
"I only poisoned the drinks that had already been opened." says Jessica, from outside the door.

Viola shrugs, and keeps eating, checking the time on her phone.

"It's coming up to seven."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 07:33:49 pm
"We'd best get everyone up."

> Wake up everyone

"Don't drink the opened ones, those are poisoned, purportedly."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 07:45:35 pm
The others slowly get up. Jack and Collin still seem drowsy, but Laura and Dominic look a bit more alert.

"We still going to that place and doing that thing?" asks Jack, grabbing a packet of biscuits at random.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 07:53:44 pm
"Yeah. We've got an hour before the meeting."

> Turn into a naga, experimenting with extending a blade from the end of my tail, and each of my arms
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 08:00:53 pm
You're getting much better at this... This complicated transformation takes two minutes...

If you keep this up, you might just get as fast at it as me...

"It's about a half-hour walk, I think." says Dominic.

"Are you sure we should still go after she shot you?" asks Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 08:03:31 pm
Really? Wow. That's hard for me to believe, since you've been going at it for a few thousand years.

"...It's beneficial. Besides, I need to get leads on Greed before he gets too much power."

> Turn back to normal, then wait for everybody to finish eating before walking out
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 08:39:49 pm
When you can change into anything pretty much instantly there's only so much room for improvement.

You all leave the room, but as you move down the corridor, Viola stops.

"Hey, Drake... You said you were shot, right? ...Did you clean up the blood?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 08:57:03 pm
"Um, no, I don't think I did. Why, is that a big problem?"

> Check
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 09:06:03 pm
There's no blood anywhere in the corridor, but you were definitely bleeding pretty badly.

"Odd..." says Viola.

"There was blood at the time..." says Laura.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 09:08:13 pm
I get the creeping feeling that this was the habit of that...well, that woman at the school. I don't think licking it up serves any practical purpose, though.

"...I think she licked it up."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 09:24:18 pm
Dominic kneels down around where you were shot, and looks at the ground carefully.

"...I don't see a speck of red anywhere, and I don't see any patches without any dirt on them, either."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 09:40:04 pm
...What kind of witchery is this? I'm lost here. Was this something sinister perpetrated by someone else?

"Let's worry about that later. We've got something important to stop right now."

> Head out, making sure everybody is disguised and armed properly.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 09:51:51 pm
You've got a pistol for everyone, but you're all a few rounds short of a clip each.

You begin moving for the subway station, noticing that the traffic is heavier than usual. There sure are a lot of military vehciles on the roads...

"Seems it's starting..." says Viola, observing a passing tank.

"We might want to be careful how we approach this." suggests Collin.

"Yes. We really can't afford to be caught in direct combat with the army yet." agrees Dominic, nodding.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 09:55:11 pm
"...Just keep walking."

> Head for the station, observing the area
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 10:17:24 pm
As you keep moving, you notice more and more military vehicles, and quite a lot of soldiers running around. Most of them seem to be heading in the same direction you are...

Once you get within a couple of blocks of the subway, you start hearing a lot of gunfire.

"...I think it's coming from the station." says Dominic, confused.

"That's odd..." says Laura.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 10:19:08 pm
"Let's take a look, but I don't want to get involved in this one."

> Carefully move towards the station, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 10:41:09 pm
There's a large group of around twenty soldiers in the street outside the subway, firing at the entrance, and taking fire themselves!

"She must have sent us here for a reason..." says Viola. "But did she lie about the suitcase swap?"

Viola's phone goes off again. She silently answers it, then hands it to you.

"As I intended, Greed found out you were intending to intercept the exchange, and prepared an ambush. However, I'd already informed the military. You'll already be aware that with all the stations closed down recently, the ones left open are badly overcrowded at this time of the day. As a result, many innocent people are currently being held hostage, and the military are unlikely to be able to save them."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 10:47:03 pm
"PR opportunity...well, I suppose this would be a good opportunity. Where would these hostages be?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 10:52:32 pm
"They haven't been rounded up in any organised manner, but most of them are hiding on the train currently stuck in the station. Do you have any further questions?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 10:56:35 pm
"What kind of numbers are we talking on Greed's side, and how are they armed?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 11:05:06 pm
"Thirty-two in total, all armed with highly optimal customised firearms, and likely plenty of explosives, although it would be unwise of them to use them in such cramped conditions. Will that be all?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 11:07:55 pm
"Alright."

> Look around for alternative entrances
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 11:14:20 pm
She hangs up without another word.

You don't notice any other entrances into the building itself...

"What's the situation?" asks Laura.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 11:16:46 pm
"We've got 32 mercenaries on Greed's side in there, and a train full of hostages. The army is engaging in a firefight, but they probably won't be able to save them. The mercs are carrying customized heavy weaponry, and likely even explosives."

> Form a kevlar vest on myself, and the others
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on June 30, 2012, 11:21:42 pm
You hide in a nearby ally, and give everybody some protection. Laura still seems to be badly hurt by it, but she takes it in stride.

"I can tell you now, we're not getting through the front entrance." says Dominic.

"There's another station a few blocks away, though..." says Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on June 30, 2012, 11:43:52 pm
"Let's go."

> Head for it
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 08:05:21 am
Viola quickly leads you out of the street, and down a few more. You get to the next subway station in about ten minutes. You don't see any soldiers in the immediate vicinity.

"How're we going to go about this?" asks Collin.

"Do we announce who we are on the way in, or the way out?" asks Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 12:10:31 pm
"Way out. Those soldiers have orders to hunt me down, and they'll do it whether or not I'm being the good guy in this situation. Now, if the trains are stopped, then it should be safe to enter through the tunnels..."

> Start walking down the tunnel
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 05:31:13 pm
You enter the subway. It's rather crowded, and most of the people you see look rather irritated. The turnstiles are locked, and three staff members stand behind them, trying to calm down some of the more argumentative passengers.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 05:38:09 pm
> Lead everyone to a secure location before disguising as staff members, and heading through
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 05:44:38 pm
You imitate the uniform, and approach the staff entrance, the man blocking it stepping aside for you.

"You're pretty late." he says as you pass. "At least you're here, I guess. We're going to need all the help we can get when the trains start moving again. That crowd's building up..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 05:49:24 pm
"You seen what's happening a few blocks down? There's a full-on firefight between the army and a bunch of terrorists. I don't think anything's going to be moving for quite a while."

> Head down, and into the tunnel, towards the other station
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 05:59:02 pm
"Great..." says the man, as you keep walking to the tracks. The turnstiles are a good distance behind you, but somebody in the crowd would be likely to see you.

"Some of the rails'll be electrified." whispers Viola. "Turn our legs to rubber."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 06:01:49 pm
> Get into a good position, then do so

"Hurry, people will notice."

> Hurry onto the tracks and down the tunnel
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 06:15:11 pm
You spend a few moments preparing, then jump onto the tracks, and hurry down the tunnel. You hear somebody from the crowd shouting as you do so, but you doubt anybody's likely to follow you.

"Why do we end up walking around in the dark so much?" complains Jack as you move further in.

After a few minutes, you see the lights of the other station a short distance ahead.

"If they're all heavily armed, we're not going to be able to run in like this." says Viola. "We might be able to manage this if you turn us all into monsters and we get a solid plan together..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 06:21:27 pm
"I'll put more study into nightvision next chance I get. If we all turn into monsters...well, it's not going to be clean. And I think our honorary member might not be ready..."

> Peek out
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 06:28:46 pm
There's a train full of people on the tracks, and a large group of heavily-armed men in balaclavas on the platform. It's hard to count quickly, but you reckon there are around fifteen there. They're all waiting around, talking to each-other and keeping an eye on the stairs leading up to the turnstiles.

"We've got kevlar and pistols." says Collin. "We're not going to do much good as we are."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 06:34:15 pm
"They're focused on the stairs. If we sneak up on them and act quickly...we should be fine."

> Turn Viola, Jack, and Collin into stone-skinned wolves, turning myself into a stone-skinned Cerberus

"Dominic, Laura, you two try to get the passengers off the train."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 06:38:54 pm
"I have an idea..." says Viola, after you're finish transforming her. "What if we get the train moving again?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 06:44:08 pm
"They've somehow stopped it from moving, but I suppose we could try that. Now...let's go."

> Charge, and start tearing
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 06:46:20 pm
Dominic holds out a hand, just as you're about to begin.

"You've already turned me into a gargoyle, so I can probably handle this." he says, calmly.

"Yes... I suppose you should try it on me, as well." says Laura. "Wouldn't want to let you have all the fun to yourselves, would I?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 06:49:11 pm
"...Alright, Laura, I guess we'll have to hold your initiation right here, then."

> Turn them both into similar wolves

"Now let's go."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 07:06:19 pm
Laura looks like she's in severe pain, but to her credit, she doesn't make a sound.

"Who's going to try to get the train moving while we deal with the goons?" asks Viola.

"...We could... try..." says Collin.

"We... sort used to work as car mechanics..." says Jack. "Same sort of concept, right?"

"I guess that's as good as we're going to get..." says Viola. "Ready when you are, Drake."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 07:07:03 pm
"Go."

> Move out, and start tearing through the line of mercs
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 07:21:29 pm
They turn to you as you climb the platform, and pretty quickly lose their shit. You bite through three of them at once, as Viola, Dominic and Laura rip open two or three of each. You hear the passengers scream as Jack and Collin squeeze into the train.

Three survivors flee further down the platform, firing at the others, while two of them manage to make it up the stairs.

"FORGET THE ARMY!" one screams. "THE TARGET'S HERE AND IT'S GOT FUCKING WEREWOLVES WITH IT!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 07:26:05 pm
> Pursue the three survivors moving down the platform

"Get those other two!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 07:38:56 pm
They spray at you as you charge for them, causing you to stagger back! Armour-piercing rounds hurt like a bitch!

The other three hurry after the others, but you hear a large amount of gunfire shortly after.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 07:39:59 pm
> Growl, then pick up one of the fallen merc's guns, and fire back at them
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 07:43:02 pm
You turn one of your front paws into a hand, and grab the nearest assault rifle, gunning them down as they scream helplessly. You take quite a few rounds yourself, and you're actually bleeding quite a bit, but you're still standing.

You see the others running back onto the platform, as several grenades explode on the stairs!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 07:44:41 pm
> Push the bullets out

"Let them run...somebody has to relay the message. Now come on, let's get this train moving before the army shows up."

> Get in, checking how much progress the others have made, making sure to grab and store a few assault rifles
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 07:50:23 pm
More grenades are thrown onto the platform, but you hear more gunfire further up the stairs! The military are closing in on them!

"GET IN GET IN GET IN!" you hear Jack yell, as the train starts slowly moving, all the doors opening!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 07:52:42 pm
> Get in, looking around as the train takes off
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 07:56:15 pm
You run for the train, but you're blasted to the side as a grenade explodes underneath you! You scramble to get to your feet, several of Greed's men running for the train, trying to get on themselves!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 07:58:24 pm
"WATCH OUT!"

> Growl, shooting at them
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 08:02:16 pm
You shoot them in the legs metres from the doors, and Viola crushes their skulls with her foot on her way past.

"COME ON!" she yells, holding open the closing doors as the train starts to pick up speed.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 08:13:26 pm
> Make sure nobody else is rushing for the train, and run on to board

"That'll wake you up!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 08:26:15 pm
You dash over to the train, and squeeze your hulking form in through the doors. The train's already completely crammed, and you've got no time to be gentle, so you're forced to knock down and stand over several passengers on your way in. It certainly doesn't cause anyone to scream any more quietly.

The train picks up more speed, the few remnants of Greed's hired guns running for the doors, emptying their clips into you!

"STOP THE TRAIN!" shouts one of the soldiers, and they all start firing!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 08:29:38 pm
> Shrink down, developing more armor, and returning fire

"DON'T STOP THE TRAIN!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 08:33:40 pm
You make yourself smaller, Viola getting hit instead! You manage to kill the men trying to force their way onto the train, but two of their bodies get stuck in the door, and you take heavy fire through the gap! A grenade lands next to you, AND YOU'RE NEARLY IN THE TUNNEL!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 08:34:31 pm
> Jam the grenade into the bodies while kicking them out of the way
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 08:40:47 pm
You think quickly, and kick the bodies out just as you lose sight of the station! The resulting bloody explosion rocks the train, but it keeps moving! You continue to hear gunfire pinging off the train for several more seconds, but it soon stops.

"WE DID IT?" shouts Collin from the front of the train.

"WE DID IT!" screams Jack. "WE ACTUALLY FUCKING DID IT!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 08:46:00 pm
"Everyone, congratulations are in order."

> Turn back into a normal human form, and look around

"Hello, everyone. My name is Drake Hellbolt. You might have heard of me from...well, wherever. Listen, I know you might be distressed right now, but I'm not the real problem, here. As you might have noticed, there were armed mercenaries holding you hostage on this train while engaging in a firefight with the army. Now, what that says is...there are problems that the media has been ignoring in favor of continuing this ongoing smear campaign against me. I didn't have to come and save you, but I did, and now you're safe."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 08:51:41 pm
You free up a good deal of room in the carriage, and the people under you are able to get up.

Your audience is terrified as you mention your name, but they all seem to calm down as you explain yourself.

"...Are you a superhero?" asks a small boy, his mother suddenly looking rather embarrassed.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 08:54:24 pm
You know, Hellbolt is just a silly name I came up with so people would look at me incredulously when I said it, but it sounds like a good name for a superhero...

"I guess you could say that...I'm just trying to do what I think is right."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 09:21:07 pm
"Um... sir..?" says one man near the front. "Thank you."

His words are followed by a roaring applause from everyone else in the train. Whether they're applauding your actions, or agreeing with his sentiment, you're unsure, but you find yourself feeling pretty good about it. You glance at the others, all wearing the biggest smiles you've ever seen on them. They start talking happily to the people around them, but your barrage of questions is interrupted by somebody carefully shoving their way to the front.

"Hey, Viola!" he shouts, emerging from the crowd. He's rather scrawny-looking, wearing a black hoody with the hood up, and a picture of Bob Marley on the front, surrounded by cannabis leaves. The baggy jeans don't help his build at all, and the 'ironically' oversized glasses just look kind of silly. He seems wide awake, but his voice makes him sound half-asleep.

"You mean these last few days you were missing you were with Drake fucking Hellbolt himself? No way!"

"Oh, hey!" says Viola, sounding happy, but clearly trying her best not to cringe. "Hey, Drake, this is Lyle, one of my room-mates. He's really into the whole anti-government thing, so I should have figured he'd be your biggest fan."

"It's great to meet you man!" says Lyle, offering his grubby hand for a handshake.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 09:23:46 pm
"Yes, hello. I wouldn't have thought that I had too many fans."

> Shake his hand

"Quite a coincidence."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 09:36:39 pm
He smells funny, too, but his handshake's sort of firm, you guess.

"Yeah, I don't usually take the sub. Too many cameras. They probably picked up all of that, come to think of. Anyways, the protest I was gonna show up at was too far away to walk to, so I didn't really have a choice. I was pissed that I was missing it, but holy shit I got to meet you instead! My buddies are gonna freak out when they hear about this! You're more popular than you think you are, man. You been on the internet lately?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 09:39:01 pm
"Sadly, no. Tell me about it."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 09:49:46 pm
"Dude, the internet loves you. Sure, most of it's parody videos and image macros, but there're a lot of people out there who'd help you out if they knew where to find you... Wait, man, come to think of it, I could help you out!"

"Lyle does know a lot of people..."

"You don't need to take me back to your secret base or anything, but I can totally still help. Give me some time and I swear I'll get you a small army. Viola's still got the same phone, right?"

"What do you say, Drake?" Viola asks, turning to you.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 09:54:08 pm
"Um...sure, I guess. But we've got to get this straight, I don't want any young men getting all caught up in violence, or anything. Awareness would be nice, but I don't want people picking up guns and taking to the streets."

This is so awkward...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 10:00:23 pm
Find an internet café soon. I want to watch some of these videos.

"You're trying to take over the country, though, aren't you man? You'll need help if you're gonna do that."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 10:03:33 pm
That would be next on my list of things to do.

"I don't think I ever said that. I want to fix what's wrong with it, not take it over. Where's this train going? We'll have a talk over some coffee or something."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 10:07:28 pm
"That's be awesome!" he says, as Jack carefully approaches you.

"I don't want to freak you out." he whispers in your ear. "But we're not entirely sure how to stop the train. We'll figure it out, but it might be rough."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 10:13:30 pm
"Oh, really? Well, how'd you get it started? I think stopping it would be about the same...aren't there emergency stop levers or something?"

> Turn to everyone else

"Everyone, you might actually want to secure yourselves and your belongings, the stop might be rather rough."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 01, 2012, 10:18:37 pm
Everyone quickly braces themselves, as a loud screech echoes through the tunnel. The train keeps moving for a few seconds, suddenly jolting to a stop, and throwing everyone forward!

You're pretty sure you're at the station from earlier, and it appears you've crashed into another train.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 01, 2012, 10:21:17 pm
"...Well, we did all we could! Um...we need to be going, now. Say what you want, but the army isn't going to be so understanding of me."

> Grab Lyle, and throw the doors open, get everyone out
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 12:43:06 pm
The doors open, and you all quickly get the fuck out of there. The crowd understandably has a lot of questions, but you don't really have time to stick around.

You get to the entrance of the subway, and you don't see any soldiers yet!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 12:47:07 pm
"Best to keep moving."

> Look around for a coffee shop to duck into
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 02:39:34 pm
There's a coffee shop with a few people in it just around the corner. You step inside, getting only a few glances at first, but then notice several people starting to whisper to each-other while looking at you.

"We aren't disguised." whispers Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 04:27:01 pm
> Examine the extent to which we are not disguised, such as the conditions of our clothes, dirtiness, and the extent to which we are armed
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 04:36:15 pm
Your clothes are fake, so they're perfectly clean. Everyone else has been wearing the same clothes for a while, though, so they're rather filthy, with a few too many bloodstains. You've kept the assault rifles crammed inside your body, and everybody has a pistol hidden under their clothing.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 04:38:56 pm
"We had a rough morning on the subway today...we just want coffee."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 04:47:40 pm
"...Alright... Seven coffees coming up..." says the man behind the counter. "We don't want any trouble... and we don't want the military wrecking the place either."

He nods to a waitress, who quickly moves to the kitchen.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 04:50:52 pm
> Sit down at a table

"So, Lyle...uh, what were we talking about?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 05:21:08 pm
"How I can help you, man. I'm pretty sure I could get a couple hundred people together in about a week. Won't do anything without you telling us to, of course."

"With your shapeshifting that many people could make a huge difference..." Viola mutters to you, sounding unsure herself.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 05:24:42 pm
"True...but finding a place to organize all of this would be difficult, especially with the army involved."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 05:30:07 pm
"They haven't sent that many army guys here. If they sent too many people would start freaking out, and most of them're too busy fighting for oil. There're a lot, sure, but they can't be everywhere at once. I mean, you stay hidden, right? We can figure something out."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 05:34:48 pm
"Here's the thing, Lyle. I don't want people, namely the media, getting the wrong idea. I don't want you setting this thing up like it's some sort of revolt."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 05:39:33 pm
"If it isn't a revolt then what is it?" he asks, looking confused.

The others suddenly start paying attention to you. It seems that they want to know the answer to that question, too.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 05:43:18 pm
"Think of it as...an awareness campaign."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 05:53:43 pm
"But everyone's already aware that the country's fucked, there's just nothing they can do about it. You're not like the others, though, man. You can actually do something with those crazy powers of yours."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 05:58:43 pm
"Listen...how about we just take a stroll and talk this over somewhere else? This atmosphere seems...alert."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 06:19:24 pm
The waitress returns with your coffees, along with milk and sugar.

"I don't have any objections." says Viola. "But it was your choice to stop somewhere in the first place."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 06:22:06 pm
"Whatever, everyone prepare your coffee to your liking. Waitress, I'd like the bill."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 06:29:57 pm
Dominic, Laura and Lyle just drink their coffee as it is, and the other three add milk. You think Jack's adding a little bit too much sugar.

The waitress nods, and moves back to the kitchen again.

"But like I was saying, man-" begins Lyle, interrupted by Viola's phone.

"Her again?" she sighs, reading the text message, and showing it to you.

Accept his help.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 06:38:40 pm
"...Alright, Lyle, when you go home tonight, just do whatever. We'll talk about it later, but just go through with whatever you're planning. I don't want you arming the homeless, though."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 07:40:12 pm
"I don't really have any guns or anything, so I won't be arming anybody. I'll try to be careful, man. I really appreciate you letting me help you like this."

The unimportant news story on the wall-mounted TV is suddenly interrupted.

"We're sorry to interrupt that report, but we've received breaking news. A train full of people has suddenly stopped at the High Street subway station, and we've confirmed that they were indeed the hostages being held at Main Street. We'll take you live to the station right now."

The camera cuts to the station, which is even more crowded than you remember it. You can see people with cameras all over the place interviewing the people you rescued, and the two trains in the background. Both of them look pretty badly dented, but it's nothing catastrophic.

"Thank you, Sandra." says the male reporter. "I've got three of the people who were on that train here with me now. Could you please describe to our viewers how you ended up here after being taken hostage?"

The camera pans over to three people, as the reporter holds his microphone out to them: The man who thanked you, the young boy, and his mother.

"We're all very lucky to be alive." says the man. "We were taking cover in the train as the terrorists were fighting with the army at the entrance to the station, but we knew they'd kill us if the soldiers got any further in. We thought we were done for, but Drake Hellbolt and several other people came in from the tunnels, and fought the terrorists off while they got the train moving."

"What was your experience, madam?" asks the reporter, sounding quite confused.

"It happened exactly like he said." says the boy's mother. "We were all terrified at first, since we thought they were going to kill us, but if any of you are listening to me right now, we're all very grateful for what you did."

"He turned into a three-headed dog!" says the boy, standing on his toes to speak into the microphone. "He said he was a superhero!"

At that moment, the signal seems disturbed for several seconds, and the screen eventually freezes up completely.

"...I'm very sorry..." says Sandra, the screen displaying the studio again. "...But we appear to have lost the signal due to some technical difficulties. Coming up next, however: The three soldiers killed in Afghanistan yesterday have been identified as..."

They carry onto the next story as if nothing happened. Probably wise, if they want to stay on the air.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 08:06:28 pm
I'm unsure whether to be angry or relieved...whatever, they let that air, even if it is one story, the internet will be all over it. But I have a feeling that superhero bit isn't going to just go away...

"See that, Lyle? That's the result of good PR, except with media spin on it. We need that up on the internet."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 08:15:57 pm
"Trust me, that'll be all over the internet." says Lyle.

"So what's it like being a superhero, Drake?" asks Viola, smirking.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 08:19:36 pm
"I'm horrified to think that kids will be playing games of pretend as me. But I guess I took the initiative in that regard...if the others want to be viewed as 'good,' they'll have to step it up."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 08:24:55 pm
"I don't think any of us really care." says Jessica, sitting at the table next to yours. "We're too busy actually dealing with each-other to waste time with stupid shit like this."

Ignore her. I'm actually finding this fairly entertaining. What do you have against taking over the country, anyway?

"Woah, Jessica?" asks Lyle. "When did you get here?"

"Doesn't matter." she says. "Just don't get too attached to Drake."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 08:29:03 pm
First there's responsibility, second there's getting more eyes. Between taking over the country and having more eyes, having more eyes would be more fun.

"Sure, Jessica. Now why don't you disappear off to somewhere else while we get all the attention?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 08:58:17 pm
She stands up, looking pissed off, and catching the attention of everyone in the room.

"We've got a truce for now, Drake, but only for as long as it takes for the others to die."

She disappears, causing a panicked response from the crowd.

If you could do both, that'd be great. Oh, and while we're talking about this, do us both a favour and don't let the eyes, or this contest become common knowledge. I don't want to be famous, and losing your mystique wouldn't help you gain more followers.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 09:02:24 pm
See, that's only going to work if we assume that everybody has the same intentions regarding staying unknown. The mystique can still be here, but...wait, Sloth would never reveal himself, he's the president. Never mind.

> Drink my coffee

"...This is some good coffee."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 10:22:19 pm
"Y'know what, Drake?" says Lyle. "I'm not even gonna ask how you know Jessica."

"Probably for the best." says Viola. "Anyway, Drake, Lyle does have a valid point. What are we, exactly?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 10:27:40 pm
"We're fighters, that's for certain, but as to what we're fighting for...that's a point of contention."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 10:38:09 pm
"We should decide that now, then, shouldn't we?" asks Viola.

"What we're fighting for is sort of important..." says Collin.

"Otherwise it's all kind of pointless." adds Jack.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 10:42:01 pm
"Guys, we fight for justice. You know why? Because I feel SICK whenever I see injustice...Well, except in certain situations, but for the most part, we're for justice."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 10:45:16 pm
Everyone smiles, liking what you said.

"Fighting for justice is a pretty safe bet." says Viola. "What're we planning to do with the country, though?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 10:49:53 pm
"What everybody wants to do, make things better in our own way."

> Put my hand in the middle of the table

"Everybody, put your hand in the middle."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 10:57:54 pm
They comply, with varying degrees of hesitation. You're not surprised that Viola is the first one to put her hand in the middle.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 11:01:36 pm
"I'm not going to draw this out with a long oath or something, so I'm just going to say...one, two, three, go us!"

> Do that traditional team thing, then wonder where that bill is

So...we're gaining popularity, and it seems we'll have some followers soon...I suppose starting a cult would be a bad idea. But I know that using my powers on others will be integral to any plans.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 11:16:01 pm
"Go us!" everyone chants with mock-enthusiasm.

The waitress comes back with the bill at that exact moment, as if trying to make things awkward.

The coffees are $3 each, so the bill's $21.

Greed's powers make it easier for him to gather followers, but yours make the followers you do get much more of a threat than his could ever be.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 11:19:08 pm
Of course...Greed can only wish that his followers could be giant wolves instead.

> Set the money down on the counter, then walk out, cleaning everybody up when I get the chance
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 11:30:53 pm
The staff thank you for coming, but everyone looks relieved to see you leave. You're relieved that there aren't any soldiers waiting outside for you.

"Could you replace our clothes with fake ones, like yours?" asks Viola. "Most clothes aren't designed for werewolves, and somebody's going to notice the different groups of people wearing the exact same clothes eventually."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 11:33:33 pm
"Really? Huh, I thought I was doing that already. Well, this would be sort of different, since, well, then you can't really take your clothes off like you normally can. But, if you want to...sure, I guess. Let's just keep moving and find a good spot to do that."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 11:47:15 pm
"It's not like we're showering or anything, anyway." she shrugs. "Just make sure you... well, leave some openings..."

You'd probably be better off doing something like this at the base, but you might not want to go back there yet.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 02, 2012, 11:50:28 pm
"...Lyle, take us to an internet cafe."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 02, 2012, 11:58:08 pm
"Sure thing, man!" he says. "There's a decent one close by, and we can probably get there without seeing any of those army guys."

He turns into an alley, and crosses a few backstreets, showing up at a quiet-looking internet café.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 12:00:44 am
Well, Wrath, you shouldn't have to wait much longer to see what's been going on.

> Enter, and look around, intending to use a computer
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 12:17:54 am
This should be good.

There are a few youths on the computers, but you don't see any staff. You sit down at one, and put a couple of dollars into it.

"I'm looking forward to this." Viola says, smirking. Everyone crowds around your screen quite uncomfortably.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 12:19:53 am
"Tell me a good one, Lyle."

> Get to searching
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 02:43:02 pm
"Just google your name and see what comes up." he says.

You type your name into the address bar, and look at the results. You have to skim past a lot of biased news reports, but there's a lot of other stuff in-between them.

You've become a common topic for discussion on plenty of online communities. The general consensus is that you're trying to take over the country, and some reckon the world, but opinions are generally divided. It depends on what site you're looking at, but there's actually quite a lot of people who support what they think you're trying to do. Understandably, there are plenty of people who don't like the idea of a shapeshifting terrorist ruling the world, but there're also plenty of people unsure whether they agree with you or not. Discussion of what you did earlier has started, and videos of the interview you watched, as well as different interviews from several other stations have started making the rounds. The majority of people discussing the incident are questioning what the president said about you, but a smaller amount claim that it was just a PR stunt. You notice that most of the threads and videos have only been posted earlier today. It's likely that all the older ones have been deleted by now.

On the other side of things, there are some rather odd pictures of you all over the internet. It appears that at a very specific frame in the footage of your speech at the hospital, you look as if you're striking a rather defiant pose. The running joke appears to be that there's a government conspiracy hiding the fact that you've used your powers to live for thousands of years, and many people have photoshopped your pose into photos and paintings of various events as 'proof.' If this evidence is reliable, you were present at the births of both Jesus and Venus, and you stood beside Washington as he crossed the Delaware. It also appears that the iconic photo of Che Guevara originally depicted you standing side-by-side with him. They're not that funny, but the others can't stop laughing, Wrath included.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 02:51:24 pm
"This is...amusing. Great, while we're here, could you look up some stuff like how spiders produce webs and how snake venom is made?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 03:22:30 pm
You get plenty of information on how poison is injected, and what the poison consists of, but you've still got no idea how to actually make it.

As for spider silk, you run into the same problem, but you do find a very helpful diagram.
: show
(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/84/Spider_silk_duct.svg/796px-Spider_silk_duct.svg.png)
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 03:25:46 pm
"That looks interesting. Alright, now search for how geckos and other such lizards climb up walls. Also, I want to read up on plants and botany..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 03:33:04 pm
It seems that geckos climb walls using a very large number of microscopic hairs. You find some diagrams, and you think you can imitate it. Plants, too. You think you could definitely give yourself plant-features if you tried hard enough.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 03:35:36 pm
"Night vision. Then, I want to read up more on human anatomy at different ages for both sexes. And after that, let's try to find more videos and pictures."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 04:53:38 pm
You should be able to structure your eye like a cat's fairly easily, which will let you see in very dim light, but not total darkness.

You start looking yourself up again, but find a forum post containing a picture of you on the computer, one of the edited photos on the screen.

Oh my God, I'm in an internet café and Drake Hellbolt and his friends are on a computer laughing at pictures of him. Should I try to talk to him?

Everyone suddenly looks uneasy.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 05:47:36 pm
> Look over at the other youths in the place

"If you want to ask, ask now because I should really be going. You know, the army and everything."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 05:56:26 pm
The six or so youths look up from their different screens, five of them look confused, but a teenage girl with long hair and glasses looks alarmed.

"Oh... I'm sorry!" she says, quickly standing up. "Uhh... Hi! You're... Drake, then?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 05:58:01 pm
"Here's proof."

> Morph my hand into a claw and back

"You know, you really should be more careful. You know how closely social media is monitored these days?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 06:05:37 pm
You've now got the attention of the other youths. They're quite astonished.

"I'm so sorry! It's just... I saw you and I wanted to say something but I didn't know what and I knew you'd be going soon and I was panicking and I tried to get advice and... I'm sorry you probably don't want to listen to this! I'm Natalie! It's really great to meet you!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 06:07:56 pm
"It's nice to meet you, Natalie."

> Shake her hand

"Anyway, I'd best be going now. Try to stay safe, it's dangerous out there."

> Start heading out
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 06:13:42 pm
She looks at you, wide-eyed as you shake her hand.

"Yes! Yes, I'll stay safe! You too, Drake! Thank you!" she says as you leave.

You step out in the empty street, and the girl slowly moves back to her computer.

"I think somebody has a crush..." says Laura, smirking a little.

"What now, then?" asks Viola, kind of suddenly.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 06:19:16 pm
"We'd best be taking a break from public. Lyle, it's been nice meeting you, but you should really get home so you can start that thing you were planning on starting."

> Start walking towards base
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 06:28:09 pm
"Alright, man! Was great meeting you! Text you later, but I'll keep it vague."

Lyle leaves, going off to do whatever it is he's planning on doing.

You begin to return to the base, Viola's phone ringing. She doesn't even bother answering it this time, and just hands it to you, sighing.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 06:43:16 pm
> Answer
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 07:38:55 pm
"You were successful, but why did you get yourself involved? Did you care about the hostages, or did you care about your damaged reputation? It was likely both, but which drove you the most? What is your goal? What do you seek to gain from gathering the eyes so much that you'd risk your life for it? How much evil are you willing to commit to reach it? Does the end justify the means? I do not expect any answers, but I want you to consider these points carefully."

She hangs up.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 07:41:22 pm
"Something tells me that she does too much thinking, and not enough acting. Or, she's just weird. She DID shoot me last night."

> Head back to base
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 07:45:16 pm
You return to the base, Viola showing you another text as you enter your room.

I am serious.

"I don't know who she is, or what she's telling you to do, but you probably shouldn't piss her off." says Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 07:48:02 pm
"Okay, now I'm getting the feeling that she's clingy. Alright. So, everyone, we're getting you some fake clothing. It's nice and tidy, since you can clean it easily, but you can't actually take it off, since it's a part of you. It's kind of cool, actually. See?"

> Tug at my clothing, demonstrating my point
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 09:22:06 pm
"I'll go first, I guess." says Viola, shrugging.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 09:24:51 pm
"Very well, Viola! Now...I'm not sure whether you should take your clothes off first or not...just keep them on for now, we can solve any problems later easily. What would you like your clothes to be? Just similar to what you have on now, or something different like a short-sleeved shirt and capri pants or what? Preferences, or should I decide? You can see what it looks like on me, first, if you need to."

> Transform to match Viola
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 09:37:01 pm
"I'm not used to picking clothes, so you can decide." she says. "But... uh... How is this... going to work... with my clothes on..?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 09:40:55 pm
"I said I was going to take care of that part later. Unless...well, you'd want to do that. You know what? We need some privacy."

> Head to another room

"Undress, unless you've got a better idea. I was thinking of just cutting your old clothes off afterwards. Anyway...I've decided on giving you a white and blue striped shirt with denim shorts."

> Change to show her what it would look like
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 09:47:35 pm
"No, if you think you can deal with it after then go ahead!" she says as you start to leave the room, a deep shade of red.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 09:50:04 pm
"I apologize. Now, let's get to work..."

> Put my hands on her shoulders, and give her the clothing, removing her worn out old clothes
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 10:04:18 pm
You manage to squeeze the new clothes under her old ones, and remove the old ones afterwards.

Jack and Collin raise their eyebrows a little at Viola in her new clothes.

"It's a bit... summery, isn't it? I mean, it's July, but still." she says. "I look like I'm going to the beach or something."

"I never thought I'd see Viola wearing shorts or anything that brightly coloured." remarks Collin.

"She's going through that sort of phase." adds Jack.

"Guys, remember what happened the first time you came here?" Viola says, politely, shutting them both up.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 10:07:05 pm
"Well...do you like it? You gave me the freedom to choose your clothes for you, this is what I came up with! It's certainly a nice change for you. Of course, I can still change it at any time. I'll let you try it for a while. We still have four other people to go through! Who's next?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 10:23:08 pm
"Sure, I guess." says Viola, sitting down.

"I'll need something formal for work." says Laura.

"I'm not picky." says Jack.

"Neither am I." says Collin.

"Likewise." says Dominic.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 10:27:12 pm
"Alright everyone, line up!"

> Give Jack some cargo shorts and a white tanktop, giving Collin the same outfit so they complement each other, then have Dominic step up, and give him jeans with a button up plaid shirt, then turn my attention to Laura, and give her a nice dress coat, and a knee-length blouse, much like a news reporter would wear

"How is everyone feeling about their new clothes? Hmm?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 10:39:06 pm
Laura looks quite happy, and Dominic seems fine with it.

"...I know we said we weren't picky..." says Jack, tailing off.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 10:41:03 pm
"You could have just told me, Jack. Jeez! It's as if you never like anything I throw together for you even when you say you don't care! Same with the naga, same with the gallimimus! Same with your disguises! UGH. If you're so dissatisfied, why can't you come up with something else that you'd like better?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 10:48:56 pm
"Just... ones like our old clothes'll do." says Jack, getting rather nervous.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 10:56:00 pm
"...Learn to enjoy new things, Jack."

> Put my hands on his shoulders, and turn him into a girl, then give him a green miniskirt with a white and pink striped armless top
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 11:04:51 pm
"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST DO?" she screams, the others laughing at her expense.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 11:09:23 pm
"I'm giving you something that I won't change until you learn to appreciate what I'm able to do for you, and also learn to appreciate that I'M A FUCKING SHAPESHIFTER."

> Turn into what Jack would normally look like, and give myself the outfit I planned on giving him

"Now...Jackie, I know this might be stressful, but trying new things can be like that at first. I'm sure you'll come to enjoy it, though..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 11:22:41 pm
"OKAY, OKAY, I'LL TAKE IT! JUST CHANGE ME BACK!"

"No offense, Drake." says Viola. "But you're a much better shapeshifter than you are a fashion designer."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 11:27:00 pm
"I could try my hand at high fashion, you're good at it if you just design things that nobody would ever wear. But I never claimed to be good at it, I'm just going off of what I think looks decent. Also, Jack, I'll be the judge of when you've learned your lesson."

> Sit down, then begin thinking

Lust wants me to gain a following...but why? Is it so she can easily manipulate my fanbase after she kills me for my watch? That's the thing about me, I don't really have much of an identity, and if anyone else were to get the watch then they'd easily be able to pose as me...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 03, 2012, 11:44:40 pm
Jackie sort of hides in the corner feeling sorry for herself.

"To be fair, you gave them identical outfits, and white tanktops." says Viola.

Then why don't you establish an identity?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 03, 2012, 11:49:00 pm
I'd have to be careful about that. I'd need to choose a form that I like. I can't use my original identity, because with the nation-wide manhunt on me, people are going to dig until they find something about my previous life. Do you know about my previous life?

"Well...fine, no tanktops, then."

> Give myself a yellow shirt, and change the color of Collin's pants and give him a regular white shirt
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 04, 2012, 12:04:34 am
I could find out if I really tried, but I'm not entirely interested.

"Just... plain white?" asks Viola. "Who really wears plain white? And when do you reckon the last time he shaved his legs was? Should he really be wearing shorts?"

"At least give him a buttoned shirt." says Laura, suddenly helping Viola out with the backseat driving.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 04, 2012, 12:07:14 am
"Well, okay, I guess..."

> Give Collin a checkered button shirt with white and blue, and give him jeans
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 04, 2012, 12:19:50 am
"The jeans are good, but what's your fixation with white and blue?" asks Viola, yet again.

"Perhaps different shades of blue?" suggests Laura.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 04, 2012, 12:21:18 am
"It just seems like a pretty standard color. I'll give him something else, then."

> Give him a white and orange shirt

Have you ever turned anybody into a statue and left them out somewhere?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 04, 2012, 12:52:10 am
"You're doing this badly on purpose, aren't you?" says Viola.

Tried it and forced him to drink twice a day. Let him die of hunger instead.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 04, 2012, 12:56:43 am
> Give him a white and different shade of blue shirt

Well, how about turning someone into an animal, then putting them in a cage and keeping them as a pet?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 04, 2012, 01:03:42 am
I haven't tried that. That could work quite well...

"No, I meant a different shade of blue instead of white." says Laura.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 04, 2012, 01:10:14 am
"Oh, okay."

> Give him two shades of blue on his shirt

How about turning someone into a piece of decor? Wait, that wouldn't work as well. They would still need organs and other stuff to appreciate their conditions...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 04, 2012, 01:13:14 am
"Much better." says Viola. "Now just mine, and then Jackie's if you feel like it, but I quite like her the way she is."

Who are you planning for, anyway?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 04, 2012, 01:16:21 am
Carter, maybe. Anybody who gives me trouble, yet is still on my good side.

"Okay, let me try..."

> Give Viola a solid yellow shirt with buttons, and a white blouse
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 04, 2012, 01:22:31 am
"...Could I just have a normal-coloured shirt and jacket, or something?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 04, 2012, 01:25:28 am
"Normal as in white?"

> Give her a white shirt, and a green jacket, similar to my favored jacket, as well as jeans

You know, I hope I can find some more eyes soon. Because then that should give me some more options, and a lot of exotic ones.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 04, 2012, 01:36:06 am
"Not what I meant, but this is actually pretty nice." she says. "Good job."

Then stop whatever stupidity it is you're doing at the minute and figure out what your next move is.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 04, 2012, 01:38:24 am
Where did you say the other eyes were? I guess I can sort of transform into a fish now, but I'd need to test it out in the Atlantic Ocean a bit first.

> Change back into myself, with my green jacket, then go over to Jackie

"Have you enjoyed your time in the corner?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 04, 2012, 01:51:23 am
A sea creature's stomach, submerged in lava, in a dark room, held by the US government, in a soundproof locket, and on the moon.

"...Yeah, Drake... I really enjoyed this new thing..." she says, very unconvincingly.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 04, 2012, 01:53:51 am
"I realized that it'll be hard to get someone who doesn't enjoy anything to enjoy something. Whatever, I'll keep you like that for today. Anyway, everyone, I have an idea..."

> Look up various marine creatures such as dolphins, sharks, marlins, and mermaids in my books, rechecking gill structures

"We're going to the beach."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 04, 2012, 04:10:23 am
You've got plenty of information on marine animals. Gills shouldn't be a problem.

The others look at you, surprised.

"Why?" asks Viola.

Good question.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 04, 2012, 11:58:50 am
Well, I think the sea creature might be easiest to find for some reason, so I guess we'll just start right there. Unless you have a better idea for how to search for it. You haven't given me much input on that other than that I should just start searching.

"Because it's a nice day and we deserve a break. Oh, and because we'll see what it's like being fishes."

> Realize I've been carrying assault rifles around inside of me, and set them on the table, keeping a pistol
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 08, 2012, 02:10:30 pm
 Do you realise how big the ocean is? If I knew how to find them, I'd have done it myself a long time ago. Don't waste time searching when there're several perfectly good eyes out in the open trying to kill you.

"...Drake, how long have you been carrying those in your stomach?" asks Dominic.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 08, 2012, 02:19:19 pm
You know, sometimes I wonder what you expected out of a ruffian vagrant you met while he was stealing a stop sign.

"Since the train station. Anyway, the reason we're going down to the beach is because we need experience with underwater operations."

Oh, and to clarify on something else, Wrath. I won't be able to transform into anything smaller than the watch, will I?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 08, 2012, 02:40:20 pm
Everyone shrugs, except Jack, who buries her head in her arms.

"Ready when you are, I guess." says Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 08, 2012, 02:42:36 pm
Well, I guess I'll have to find out when I get that skilled.

> Head out, and start walking
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 08, 2012, 02:52:26 pm
Or you could wait a few seconds. I'm busy here. You could, in theory, but the watch would make that impractical.

Viola and Collin drag Jack outside, and you start moving.

"Uh, Drake? We're not disguised at all." says Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 08, 2012, 02:53:41 pm
"...Oh, right. Back up!"

> Disguise everyone, then head out

I'm tempted to ask what, but I'm sure you'll tell me it's not important before it comes up later.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 08, 2012, 03:04:09 pm
Wrath gets rather defensive.
Drake, you have one job. Keep me entertained, and in return you get superpowers.

It takes a while, but you get to the beach. It's a little crowded, but not too much.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 08, 2012, 03:06:34 pm
> Go out to a secluded spot, then head for the water, waving for everyone to join me

You've never put it like that before. Is something FUN happening?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 08, 2012, 03:26:47 pm
Do I sound like I'm having fun?

He definitely doesn't.

Everyone joins you, Jack first, probably hoping to be a fish as soon as possible.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 08, 2012, 03:28:13 pm
...Is it something REALLY BAD, then?

> Give myself gills, and dive under the water, testing them out
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 12:16:38 pm
It's just really, really irritating, and you're not making it any better.

The gills take a few minutes to form, but they work perfectly. It's difficult to get used to, though, for obvious reasons.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 12:22:27 pm
"Alright. Everyone, gather round."

> Give everyone gills

"Remember not to panic, just stay calm while you test them out."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 12:48:56 pm
Everyone attempts to breathe with them. A few of them panic at first, but they eventually start to breathe steadily.

"This is so weird... What next?" asks Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 12:50:46 pm
"Everyone line up, we're taking the next big step."

> Turn into a dolphin, then wait for Jack to get in line to turn him into a beautiful mermaid
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 12:59:17 pm
A dolphin is actually relatively easy, and a mermaid is even easier.

"I hate you so much right now." says Jack.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 01:07:25 pm
"Jackie, calm down."

> Turn everyone else into dolphins, then begin swimming out
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 03:46:58 pm
You all begin to swim, with varying levels of success, but you hear a lot of noise coming from the beach. A lot of very easily excited people have noticed the dolphins close to the shore.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 04:04:14 pm
> Do a few dolphin tricks, then get back in the water and swim out

Dolphins don't have gills...and I don't think they normally come this far north, either.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 04:39:40 pm
Why are we doing this, again?

You start swimming away from the shore, but Jack lags behind quite a lot.

It seems they're starting to notice her tail.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 04:41:29 pm
"Jackie, get under the water. You have gills!"

> Get under the water, and turn Jack into a dolphin at the most convenient opportunity
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 04:45:58 pm
He breathes a sigh of relief, you think. You're not sure because he's a dolphin.

One of the other dolphins tries to say something to you, but it just comes out as a lot of bubbles.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 04:50:26 pm
> Attempt to use echolocation, then attempt to communicate above water

"What is it?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 05:07:28 pm
They're right next to you, and you both surface.

"After we're done here, could you come with me to the station?" asks the dolphin, presumably Laura.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 05:09:27 pm
"I was planning on it, assuming you're Laura. If you're not, then you'll have to clarify. Anyway, let's all move down the beach, and then we'll change back."

> Start swimming again
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 05:28:48 pm
It doesn't take long before you find a much filthier beach with nobody on it. Everyone lets themselves be washed up onto the beach, waiting to be changed back.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 06:30:35 pm
> Change everyone back, restoring Jack to his male form because he's been a good sport, then start walking

"So, what's there to be found down at the station, Laura?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 06:45:00 pm
Jack hugs you for quite some time.

"Not a lot, but I should show up at my job occasionally so that I'm not declared missing." she says, Jack still attached to you.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 06:47:33 pm
"Well, alright. We'll make a pit stop and then we'll...Jack, why are you hugging me? I'm the one who turned you into a girl."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 06:55:01 pm
"Oh, right." he says, letting go.

"It's probably a good idea if you're the only one who comes with me, Drake." says Laura. "People will be slightly confused if I suddenly show up with five assistants."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 06:59:02 pm
"I was certainly planning on that. Anyway, we're semi-prepared for any amphibious mission, I'm glad we took the time to do it."

> Head for base
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 07:07:31 pm
When will you EVER ACTUALLY NEED THAT?

You return to the base, the others sitting down and grabbing some lunch. Viola checks her apparently waterproof phone.

"Lyle says he's starting to get things set up and wants us to check it out." she says. "We could go look while you're with Laura, if you want. I doubt it's anything important, and knowing Lyle we'll still be there when you're done, anyway."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 07:11:44 pm
"Alright, you guys attend to that. We'll be down at the news station."

> Turn into a female assistant in nice work clothes, and turn to Laura

"All right, what exactly does my job require of me?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 07:23:10 pm
"Laura's got my number." says Viola. "Call me when you're done and I'll tell you where to meet us."

Viola leaves with the others.

"It'd usually require various things, but since you're just here to protect me and I haven't really hired you, you can just stand around and look busy. I'll only be a few hours."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 07:24:50 pm
"Um, okay. But we need contingency plans in the event of something unexpected happening. What if, for some crazy reason, somebody begins to suspect I'm not just an ordinary assistant?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 07:31:40 pm
"Just act as normally as possible. If anyone physically attacks you, that means they must know who you are already, so I suppose you can retaliate. If that happens I'll claim I had no idea who you were."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 07:33:16 pm
"Alright. Let's head down to the station, then."

> Begin walking alongside Laura, trying to look timid
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 07:55:35 pm
"Perfect." she says, smiling, as you walk to the station.

It takes half an hour to get to the station, in one of the busier parts of the city. You walk inside, and towards a security guard.

"Miss Stone?" he says, as you approach. "A few people've been pretty worried about you."

"I'm sorry." she replies, politely. "Family issues. They'll probably get in the way of work a lot from now on."

"Remember to tell that to the manager. Who's this?"

"Susan, my new assistant."

"Alright." he says, shrugging. "Go on in."

You both walk past him, and enter an elevator. Laura presses a button, and you start to move up.

"This is Fox, so I know I'm asking a lot, but please don't freak out and murder everybody."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 07:59:39 pm
"The universe is conspiring to assure that happens in the stupidest way possible."

Did you deal with whatever was the deal with you earlier?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 08:18:34 pm
It's not that sort of thing.

The lift opens, and you follow Laura out, into the studio. They seem to be on the air at the minute, and several people move over to you, whispering.

"Laura, we've been worried sick about you. Don't worry, we'll kick Dan off and get you on air after our next report. Where've you been? We've been worried sick about you."

The four of them exchange rather dull conversation, and you look over to what the cameras are pointing at, watching a portly, middle-aged anchorman reading off his teleprompter very loudly.

"Mass murdering liberal extremist Drake Hellbolt lead an attack on the Main Street subway station, taking many hostages, but fled down the tunnel as military forces moved in to save the civilians. Many lives were saved, but a large number of bodies were found with gaping claw wounds, and limbs bitten off. They have yet to be identified."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 08:56:20 pm
> Stand by, and look busy
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 09:07:10 pm
Laura continues talking, as does the anchorman.

"Several victims claimed that Hellbolt was the one who rescued them, but it's believed that they were threatened to do so, and they have been brought under witness protection."

Hey, you know what would give her a really good excuse off work for a while?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 09:09:20 pm
An attack on the studio? That wouldn't shine very well on me...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 09:18:36 pm
Oh come on, a news station you don't like is broadcasting slander live right in front of you. You probably have some kind of message to get across, don't you? You could be telling the country anything you like right now. You don't necessarily have to kill anyone... In fact, considering the amount of hatred you should harbour for these people, if you do this without killing them it'll make you look even better.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 09:28:14 pm
This wasn't in the plan...but then again, I rarely plan anything out. But who would be watching this besides people who won't listen to any reasoning from a different viewpoint?

> Look around, noting any security guards in the area
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 09:37:55 pm
Everyone will hear about it eventually, and a lot of them'll probably find it hilarious that you chose this station. Oh, and demand they broadcast it nationally. Lauren'll probably be helpful in that regard. Come on, I don't usually give you advice this good, but I really want to see this.

There are two security guards, armed with pistols and handcuffs. You doubt they're paid well enough to stay in the same room as you for five seconds.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 09:42:31 pm
> Move over to the fat, over the hill demagogue

"Excuse me, but I've got a few announcements to make. If you could just get out of the way for a while, I'd be thankful."

> Turn my hands into claws to get the point across
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 09:48:45 pm
The man lets out a terrified yelp, and gets out of the way as quickly as his chubby little legs will carry him.

The studio suddenly goes from laid-back to totally alert, and the two security guards aim at you, moving forward.

"Cut the signal! Cut the signal!" somebody shouts.

Laura looks at you, and buries her face in her hands for a moment, before pretending to panic.

"DON'T CUT THE SIGNAL OR HE'LL KILL US!" she screams. "YOU'VE SEEN WHAT HE'S CAPABLE OF!"

If you want to pick your iconic form, now's the time.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 09:57:25 pm
> Take the form of a more idealized version of myself, with my favorite green jacket

"Oh, and you two, with the guns, take shots if you'd like. We'll see what happens."

> Armor up, growing bear heads for hands, before moving over to them

"Go on."

> Suddenly lunge, faking them out to see their reactions
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 10, 2012, 10:23:22 pm
They immediately drop their guns, raising their hands.

"Just tell us what you want!" shouts Laura. "We'll do it!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 10, 2012, 10:35:56 pm
"Broadcast this nationally."

> Take their guns, then get back in the center of the camera, 'shaking' my bear hands back to normal

"Anyway...hello. My name is Drake Hellbolt. You might know me from what you've heard about me in slanderous pre-approved news stories, but have you ever heard anything from...well, me myself? You probably haven't. Anyway, today was a nice day. First I got up, went down to the subway where a hostage situation was underway in the middle of a large firefight between armed mercenaries and the army...saved a bunch of people by starting the trains again, made a little boy's family, along with everybody else on that train, very happy by taking the time to save them. Really, it's been eventful. But here's the thing. From day one, everybody has been calling for my blood. Why? Because they call me a dangerous criminal, a terrorist, a madman...but they just want you to think that. I don't go out looking to kill anybody. I just do what I have to to survive..."

What else should I say...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 10:21:14 am
You wait a couple of minutes as the people in the studio frantically argue with each-other, and somebody over the phone, before telling you that the other stations are broadcasting it. The studio stays completely silent as you speak.

Your goal?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 10:45:03 am
"I don't want to be a conqueror, that's not really my business. My business is to fix the corruption that has poisoned our nation, the corruption that has poisoned our way of life, and has seeped into the institutions of authority. I do not wish to overthrow the government, I wish to correct it."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 11:33:01 am
Everyone seems to value their career too much to reply, and waits quietly to see if you want to say anything else.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 11:45:42 am
"...My earliest actions may have been misdirected in some ways, but I know now what I must do. These coming days in New York will highlight that the military occupation is wasted on trying to kill me. Rather than shed light on larger problems like mercenaries and criminal empires running what goes on in this city, the media glosses over everything with a typical story that tells you to feel angry at me, but not to think about why anything is happening. I've said what I think I need to for now..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 06:54:08 pm
"Can we... Can we go?" asks Laura, seemingly terrified.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 06:57:05 pm
"...Yes. Everybody get out of here, show's over for today."

> Head towards a window, seeing if the authorities are lined up outside for me
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 07:01:53 pm
Everyone scatters, Laura included.

The army's been quick to respond. You look through the window, seeing three military jeeps, and a tank.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 07:06:23 pm
...Oh wait, I can just sneak out.

> Turn into a chubby worker, and get out
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 07:50:13 pm
The elevator is already going down, so you take the stairs, and head out the door.

The others are already outside, hurrying towards the soldiers. You just look like a fat guy lagging behind to the soldiers, and the staff have their backs to you.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 07:52:02 pm
> Discreetly make an exit before taking a more athletic form and heading back to a safe place

Carter's probably having an easy time keeping track of us.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 07:55:33 pm
We haven't heard from him recently... I wonder why...

Wrath's tone doesn't lead you to believe that he genuinely wonders why.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 08:04:59 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if that woman's tipping him off anyway. There are a lot of leads...

> Enter my base
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 08:18:15 pm
You enter the base, and sit around for around ten minutes, before Laura walks in.

"Wow, Drake. I expected you'd last a little longer than twenty seconds." she says, not seeming too angry.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 08:21:55 pm
"Wrath talked me into it. Oftentimes the voices in my head have better ideas than I do...but I considered the pros and cons, and decided that this would get a message out and give you a reason to take a long break from work at the same time."

> Sit and turn into a black panther
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 08:26:23 pm
"Everybody will just assume I'm too scared to leave the house. It certainly wasn't a bad idea, Wrath, wherever you happen to be."

She's welcome.

"Anyway..." she says, taking out her smartphone. "I'll call Viola."

She dials a number, and hands the phone to you as it rings.

Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 08:36:57 pm
"Wrath says you're welcome, by the way."

> Wait for Viola to pick up
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 09:08:53 pm
"Hey, Laura." says Viola after about half a minute. "Seems like Drake got you an excuse to miss work for a while. Told you he's smarter than he looks."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 09:10:59 pm
> Change my voice to match Laura's

"Did you see all of it? Tell me they got the bear hands on camera..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 09:16:44 pm
Laura raises an eyebrow at you.

"They sure as hell did get the- Wait... 'bear... hands..?' Goddamnit! Did he do that on purpose?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 09:17:33 pm
"Yes, I did. Here's Laura."

> Hand the phone over to Laura
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 09:35:25 pm
"Wait, wha-"

"Sorry about that." says Laura. "I'll just hand the phone back to Drake now since he's the one you need to be talking to. He's a panther, in case you're wondering."

She sets the phone down next to your head again.

"Alright, I've lost track of who I'm talking to."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 09:38:47 pm
"It's Drake again. I know we didn't plan it out, but it was such a good opportunity to solve a few problems. What's happening over there? What were the reactions?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 11, 2012, 09:44:38 pm
"Lyle's showing us his 'headquarters,' and we're talking about how they're getting food, how they'll try to avoid detection, and that sort of thing. Everyone's freaking out that you hijacked Fox. I can't tell you the address over the phone, obviously, but I can give you directions as you go along since Carter and the military won't know where they start."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 11, 2012, 09:47:19 pm
"Alright. We'll be over in a timely manner."

> Disguise myself and Laura, then start heading out, following her directions
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 01:09:18 pm
Her directions take you to another abandoned building, about ten minutes away. The area seems pretty deserted, and you think all the buildings around it are also vacant. Viola stands by the back door, waving.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 01:38:55 pm
> Head over, remaining careful

"A nice spot Lyle picked out. Come on, I need to see how people are reacting."

> Head inside
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 02:15:53 pm
She leads you through a corridor, past a few people you don't recognise, who look at you carefully. You head through an empty room to the right, and Viola opens a door, leading down into a basement.

"Hey, Viola!" shouts Lyle as you enter the room below, standing up. "Is this who I think it is?"

The room is rather large, and filled with chairs, tables and sofas that all obviously came from completely different places. A couple of doors at either side seem to lead to even more rooms. You notice some kind of counter in the far left corner, which seems to be a makeshift bar. There are a few TVs behind the counter, and mounted on the walls around the rest of the room. They're all broadcasting news channels talking about what you just did.

The most surprising thing, however, is the number of people here. You think you count around fifty sitting around, and all of them suddenly look at the door as Lyle calls you.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 02:21:28 pm
> Give them a wave as I shift to my chosen iconic form, heading over to Lyle

"How did I do? It was an impromptu decision."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 02:29:03 pm
You need to say that twice, as Lyle can't hear you over the cheering the first time.

"That was awesome, man!" he says, patting you on the back. "I started flicking channels and saw them bullshitting about you on Fox, but then suddenly you showed up!"

Everyone stands up, apart from Jack, Collin, and Dominic, who're sitting at Lyle's table along with some other guy. They all approach you, but fortunately they're pretty civilised about it.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 02:41:06 pm
"Hey guys. What did you think? And who's this?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 03:20:24 pm
You get more people than you can keep track of telling you how amazing it was, and trying to shake your hand.

"This is Darren." says Lyle. "Say hi, Darren!"

"Hello." quietly mutters the scraggy-looking brown haired youth sitting next to him, sipping at his Coke. He can't be any older than seventeen.

"He might not look it, but the kid's a genius." continues Lyle, handing you a handheld radio. "I managed to get a bunch of military surplus radios since I know a guy, but Darren got them all set onto a secure frequency or something."

"It wasn't difficult." mutters Darren again, taking another sip.

"Anyway, is this Laura?" asks Lyle.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 03:26:39 pm
"Yes, she is."

> Manage as many hand shakes as I can before getting back to them

"So, now that we've got this out of the way, why don't we talk about our agenda?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 03:35:51 pm
A bit of the crowd's attention turns to her.

"Wait, Laura Stone?"
"You were in on it the whole time?"

"Take a seat, man." says Lyle, sitting down. "Want a drink? Everyone brought their own stuff, so we're not running low on anything anytime soon."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 03:39:00 pm
"I'm fine."

> Sit down next to him, turning into a dragon

"We've gotten 50 people down here, what do we have them do?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 03:52:28 pm
Viola sits next to you, and Laura sits next to her, as the others slowly move back to their own seats, listening to your conversation. Darren continues sipping at his drink, not seeming at all interested. Your change of form gets quite a surprised reaction from everybody but your regulars, and him.

"I dunno, dude. I've been getting the base set up. I know a guy who works with an electrical company. He got us hooked up to the power lines without telling anybody, and I got a few people sorting us out with food and stuff. Got any plans?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 03:59:06 pm
"Not at the moment. Taking immediate action after a public announcement would be unwise, though. Our main concern would probably be funding..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 04:22:27 pm
"Then maybe we should go for Greed, first." says Dominic.

"What're you talking about?" asks Lyle.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 04:25:24 pm
"We're talking codenames. You may have noticed something about the armed mercenaries that are after me. They're being paid by some unknown crime lord who has access to a seemingly endless pile of money. It's hard to explain, but if we track this guy down, we should have all the money we'll ever need."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 04:53:18 pm
"So we should try to track this guy down, then?" says Lyle.

"Easier said than done." says Collin. "We don't know anything about-"

Viola's phone rings, and she hands it to you.

Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 05:06:46 pm
"...Hello?"

> Shift form again into a griffon
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 05:27:23 pm
"One of Greed's advisors is meeting with an informant to discuss his findings on Pride. The informant has been unsuccessful, but the advisor will still be there. They will meet at the café on East Street in about ten minutes."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 05:30:20 pm
"Interesting. Will they have any weapons on them? Will they have any money?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 05:35:34 pm
"They'll be lightly armed, and the advisor is carrying two thousand dollars on him. They will be no threat, but the café will be busy, along with the street outside it. You have just enough time to get there if you start moving now."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 05:37:19 pm
"Understood."

> Hang up, then turn to Lyle

"We need a car."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 05:42:41 pm
"Why, where're you going?" he asks.

"If we need to get somewhere soon, we're better walking than dealing with the traffic caused by the military." says Laura.

"Where do we need to be, anyway?" asks Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 05:48:40 pm
"That informant and that adviser are meeting at a cafe about Pride. If we get there now, we'll be able to catch them. The thing is, they're on a busy street corner and cafes tend to have a lot of diners."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 06:15:56 pm
Viola, Jack, Collin, Laura, and Dominic stand up.

"Let's get going, then." says Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 06:21:15 pm
> Disguise us, and head out

"What's the best way to kidnap someone in public..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 06:41:53 pm
"You're the shapeshifting criminal mastermind." says Viola.

It takes you a little longer than ten minutes to reach the café. Viola gets a text, and checks her phone, handing it to you.

They're sitting at the same table. The man in the coat and hat is the informant, and the young blonde woman is the advisor.

You can see the two she describes through the window, close to the door.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 06:43:36 pm
"...I have an idea."

> Walk in, then approach the two

"Excuse me? Your superior's hired me to warn you that Drake Hellbolt is on his way here. He wants to relocate this meeting NOW."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 06:54:11 pm
"What?" says the rather fashionably dressed blonde woman, standing up, along with the informant. "Damnit, it's a good thing you showed up. Let's go."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 07:03:55 pm
"We've got no time. Come on, we also have some protection outside."

> Hurry out, and motion for us to head back to our base
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 07:14:20 pm
The two nod, and follow you out, beginning to move back to the base with you.

After a few seconds, the woman suddenly bolts in the opposite direction!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 07:16:11 pm
"Dammit guys, grab this guy while I chase her down!"

> Start running after her, angered by her ploys
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 07:20:12 pm
The informant is completely confused as Viola and Collin tackle him to the ground, getting the attention of everyone in the area.

The woman's fast! She pushes her way through a crowded street, and shoves somebody into you!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 07:23:28 pm
> See if I can morph into a dragon on the fly, and try to get an aerial advantage
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 07:29:38 pm
Turning into a full dragon would take too long, but you can hollow out a few bones, and form wings fairly quickly, shocking everyone nearby. Her decision to run through a crowded area backfires, as you can just fly over the people she needs to shove through.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 07:31:02 pm
> Dive bomb and tackle her to the ground, turning her into a statue, then growing muscle mass and running into the alleys with her
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 07:36:37 pm
She screams until you encase her in stone, and get off the streets as quickly as possible. You've probably traumatised several people.

Now you're making progress. Good.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 07:42:18 pm
It's an improvement, now I just have to get back to base...

> Take the most concealed route I can back to base, but set the woman in a concealed spot first before heading back to the cafe and seeing if the others have taken off, first
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 07:50:01 pm
You see a really confused crowd talking to each-other outside of the café, and a military jeep pulling over, but you don't see the others. You pick up the woman again, and manage to get to the base without being spotted.

Your base is closer, so you return to it, finding the others holding down the informant inside.
"WHAT THE FUCK, DOMINIC?" he yells. "COME ON, MAN! IT'S ME, DAVE! REMEMBER? HELP ME OUT BEFORE DRAKE SHOWS UP!"

"I don't work for the same man as you anymore." Dominic responds, calmly. "And besides, here's Drake now."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 07:53:23 pm
Set the woman down next to the man. "Tell me all about it. Tell me everything you know."

> Pat him down, take everything he's got on him
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 08:04:16 pm
He looks horrified when he sees the woman, and freaks out. He's carrying a pistol on him, and a wallet with his driver's license and about twenty dollars in it.

"I don't know anything! All I know was that I was meant to be tracking somebody called Pride, with powers like yours, but I couldn't figure anything out! She's the advisor! She knows who the boss is! You want him, right?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 08:06:05 pm
"I guess. Tell me, who do you meet with, and where?"

> Take his money, wallet, and driver's license, smiling as I realize that I can be him
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 08:19:08 pm
"I only meet up with her! The meeting spot changes every time! Sometimes there are other informants there, but most of the time it's just us!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 08:20:47 pm
"...What have you found out before? If I found out you're lying to me, let's just say...well, I won't make your continued existence very pleasant..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 08:27:36 pm
"I found out that there's a woman in a coat who follows you around and lives in the sewers, and I was paid to fire a rocket launcher at you once! See? Full disclosure! Don't hurt me!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 08:30:45 pm
"...You're holding out."

> Take him by the arms, and begin transforming them painfully
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 08:33:36 pm
He screams incoherently, his arms slowly becoming horribly misshapen.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 08:34:53 pm
> Stop

"I didn't hear you! Please, repeat yourself!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 08:38:45 pm
"I SWEAR TO GOD I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING! SHE'S THE ONE YOU WANT!" he screams, tears running down his cheeks. He looks rather pathetic, really.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 08:54:07 pm
"...Good."

> Turn his limbs back, then turn him to stone, setting him up against the wall and switching him out, but only freeing the woman's head.

"Enjoy the trip? I know you're smarter than your peer, so I'll just get right to business. Where do you report for briefing?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 09:19:12 pm
She looks at you for a few seconds, clearly afraid.

"...I... I can't tell you that..." she says.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 09:21:11 pm
"Oh, really? Then what CAN you tell me? I wouldn't beat around the bush, miss. After all, you've seen what happens when I think someone's holding out on me..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 09:25:18 pm
"...You're after Greed, right? The advisors don't actually ever speak to him... We only talk to him through Gluttony..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 09:29:45 pm
"That's interesting to note. Tell me what you know about Gluttony...it would be sad if I were to leave unprepared for the fight, and then be unable to return to free you from your stone imprisonment afterward."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 10:01:23 pm
"He usually stays in an office building Greed took over, filled with guards. He's..."

She thinks carefully about her words for a few moments.

"...Unstable."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 10:07:32 pm
"Is that all you know? Interesting. Give me an address, then."

> Search her pockets, take what she's got
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 10:25:52 pm
"17... Crescent Street..."

You find her pistol and cell phone, along with her wallet, containing roughly two thousand dollars. You also find a crumpled photo in her pocket, of her standing, smiling with a dark-haired man, on a tall building overlooking the city.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 10:28:31 pm
"Can you tell me who this is? Is he your husband?"

> Show her the photo, then take a look at her documents, finding her name
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 10:34:56 pm
Her name is Sasha Whitelow.

"...My boyfriend." she says, seeming to think about her answer for a moment before saying it.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 10:36:12 pm
"It seems that you had to think about that for a few seconds. You sure about that?"

> Place a hand on her frozen arm, for emphasis
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 10:40:44 pm
"Yes... I'm sure..." she says, more certain this time.

"I'm sure that would sound really romantic if we knew the context, Sasha." says Laura, kind of snidely.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 10:47:23 pm
"No matter...we can always find out later. Well, I guess you two will just have to...well, entertain yourselves while I'm gone."

> Turn her head back into stone, then set her facing the other man, appreciating my artwork
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 12, 2012, 10:57:19 pm
You're sure they appreciate it a lot less than you do.

"What's the plan?" asks Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 12, 2012, 10:58:23 pm
"Let's scout this place out before we decide to do anything. Come on, the artwork has ears."

> Head out, back to my group's meeting place
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 09:32:17 am
You leave the two trapped, unable to scream, and return to Lyle's base.

"Hey man!" he says as you return. "How'd it go?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 10:03:10 am
"We caught them. Interrogation revealed the location of a supposed base of operations, where Gluttony purportedly works. Apparently, he's the only one that talks with Greed. Look up 17 Crescent Street, see what comes up."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 10:09:48 am
Darren sighs, and picks up his laptop case from the floor. He sets it on the table, and plugs something else into it, spending a couple of seconds looking something up.

"An office building." he says, quietly. "Not important enough to have much information on it."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 10:15:12 am
"Well, it checks out with what they said about it...thanks. I'm going on recon."

> Disguise myself as Sasha

"Viola, I want you and the others on standby. This could go sour fast, especially if we have to deal with Gluttony."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 10:43:43 am
"Do you want our help, bro?" asks Lyle.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 10:55:23 am
"...This operation will be dangerous. If we go in without knowing anything first, then we could get slaughtered. I'll check this place out first, then we'll see what our next move is.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 11:01:20 am
"Alright, man." he says.

"Who do you want on standby, and where do we wait?" asks Viola. "Though if they're dangerous enough to figure you out, they're probably too dangerous for just a few of us to deal with."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 11:07:31 am
"Just have weapons ready and stay across the street or something. If it takes me more than 30 minutes, then something probably went wrong."

> Start walking
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 11:19:29 am
"We've all got radios." says Viola. "If you get into trouble, just scream into it and we'll help you out."

You leave the base, and walk for about fifteen minutes, until you get to the right address. It's a rather tall building on a quiet street, but looks fairly unremarkable from the outside.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 11:24:07 am
 > Approach, thinking that she would logically report here after the meeting
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 11:36:02 am
You enter through the front door, into a reception area, with nobody at the desk. About five men in balaclavas with guns turn to you as you enter, but drop their guard when they see who you are.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 11:37:40 am
> Don't acknowledge them, and just keep heading through, acting like I'm supposed to be here
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 11:48:18 am
You continue walking through the building, passing plenty of guards, and several cubicles with people working on computers inside of them.

You realise you've got no idea where you're going.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 11:54:00 am
> Pop in to one of the cubicles, speak to the man inside

"Is the boss in right now?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 11:54:55 am
He turns to you, surprised.

"Huh? Uh, yes ma'am."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 12:00:36 pm
He doesn't seem to question my authority.

"Escort me there."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 01:34:57 pm
"What? Why me? I'm just paid to hack. I don't even know where he is right now!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 01:49:04 pm
"Fine, fine. I'll ask someone else. What's your work turned up?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 02:40:35 pm
"Uh... Well I got a look at some surveillance tapes. That chick from the news we tried to kidnap, Laura Stone? The woman who turned out to be Drake earlier was pretending to be her assistant, which could always have been an accident on her part, but she was with him in the subway, too. Seems like she's working for him."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 02:46:28 pm
"That's interesting to hear."

> Step out, then inspect what the others are doing
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 06:00:22 pm
The guards are just standing around doing nothing, and the others in the cubicles mostly seem to be on social networking sites. A few of the guards start looking at you a bit oddly.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 06:07:09 pm
> Get out before this gets weird, then see if there's any sort of directory in the area, and if failing that, head up the stairs
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 07:17:29 pm
You've got no idea where you'd find a directory, but you find the nearest staircase, and walk up it, into another corridor.

"We've been waiting for you." says an odd voice, right behind you.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 07:19:31 pm
> Turn around, mentally preparing for a fight

"Huh?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 07:57:08 pm
The man standing uncomfortably close to you takes you by surprise when you see him. His face is covered by a gold venetian mask, with a long beak. The mask doesn't have a mouth, but its eyes look a lot happier than the bloodshot, twitching ones behind it. His hair is covered by a dark grey fedora, and he's dressed in a black Victorian frock coat and trousers, with gold thread stitched into them around around the edges, along with odd white clothes under the coat, white gloves, and a pair of steel-toed construction boots. His posture is odd, and he seems to be fidgeting constantly.

"We've been waiting for you, Sasha!" he repeats, somehow managing to both shout and mutter at the same time. "Are you deaf? No, you can't be deaf, or you wouldn't have heard us at all! Stop pretending to be deaf!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 08:00:42 pm
Okay, either Greed's a complete knobjockey or that's the most obvious eye ever.

> Give a nod

"Understood, sir. Lead the way."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 08:08:03 pm
...Why am I not surprised by this in the slightest?

"Lead the way? Is this some sort of trick? Lead the way WHERE? What are you trying to do? What's going on?"

He seems to be getting rather agitated.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 08:11:40 pm
...Or is this Gluttony? She mentioned he was unstable. I'm guessing that majestic plural isn't just figurative, either.

"...I met with the informant, he didn't find anything useful."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 08:23:19 pm
He certainly picked somebody to match his personality.

"Ignore him! Kill him! Except you can't ignore him and kill him! This is a problem! We don't need information anyway, we just need more power! More power will get us more power, which is all we need, except we need the second kind of power more than the first one, but we need the first one to get the second! Why don't they just show themselves? They fear my power to control power! All of them!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 08:28:30 pm
...Oh, so this guy's been fucking with the electric bills? I guess Gluttony, when put poetically, would apply to that. To live with excess...

"I suspect that they would be concerned for their own safety, sir, but Drake Hellbolt certainly isn't camera-shy..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 08:51:47 pm
"He's a coward! He talks a lot, but what has he actually DONE? Killed the pawns Greed sent after him?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 09:05:07 pm
Give me a hint, here. How easy would it be to take this guy down? Can he shock me with force lightning or something?

"We've got other problems to worry about besides Hellbolt, it seems. There are multiple other elements at work as well."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 09:41:37 pm
He's pretty versatile, unfortunately. Gluttony can never make up his mind on how he likes using his powers most, and this lunatic'll probably have his own preferences.

"We're tired of speaking to you. We shall lead you to the place we're meant to take you to."

He starts walking off, and up another set of stairs.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 09:44:57 pm
How the hell did THIS GUY find THAT ARTIFACT?

> Follow him

I guess you'd have to be pretty versatile in order to be considered a good fighter when elements like you are involved.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 10:02:50 pm
Like I said, I'm not surprised at all.

You climb to the top of the building, and walk down another corridor, into a very expensively furnished office, with a large window overlooking the city.

"Sit down." he says, still sounding like a psychopath.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 10:05:38 pm
> Take a seat in the place where I would assume he would expect me to sit, and wait for him to address my about the matters at hand
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 10:19:14 pm
You sit at the desk, and he stands at the other side.

"Why are you sitting? Do you trust us? Why would you trust us? Nevermind! Nothing to discuss, so we'll introduce you to the guards who haven't met you. Come in!"

A very large number of heavily armed men begin filing into the room.

"Welcome, guards! Allow us to introduce you to the woman you've been waiting to meet! Drake Hellbolt!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 10:22:26 pm
Of course, never assume the fucking loon is stupid. You know what, this keeps happening. I really don't know why I hesitated, I'd just end up fighting all these guys anyway.

> Head for the window, grabbing my radio, sprouting wings

"I'VE BEEN COMPROMISED!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 13, 2012, 10:47:55 pm
You won't hear me say this often, but for once you didn't actually do anything stupid this time. I have a few ideas, but I'm not quite sure how he found you out.

You vault over the desk, and try to sprout wings as you run for the window, managing to shout into your radio, but an electrical current more painful than a taser surges through your body, and you slam into the ground!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 13, 2012, 10:52:38 pm
> Grunt, then attempt to turn into rubber, angered by this temperamental lunatic, trying to recover
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 14, 2012, 10:11:55 am
You start to transform your flesh, trying to get to your feet. Another jolt of electricity hits you, not as badly with your partially-rubber body, and you're able to finish your transformation! You rush for the window, your back filling up with bullets!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 14, 2012, 11:10:40 am
"Taking fire..."

> Keep trying to transform, pushing out the bullets

This isn't going well...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 14, 2012, 03:57:51 pm
You stumble towards the window, taking heavy fire! Filled with adrenaline, you manage to heal your wounds surprisingly quickly, but you're taking more bullets than you can push out!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 14, 2012, 05:07:39 pm
> Continue moving for the window

"UPSTAIRS!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 14, 2012, 07:04:08 pm
"THEY'VE FOUND US AND WE'RE TAKING HEAVY FIRE!" you hear Viola scream, as you fall to the ground, covered in blood, right next to the window.

You look up, hazily seeing Gluttony standing over you, his hands glowing orange.

"Where... is... the eye?" he says, angrily.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 14, 2012, 07:07:37 pm
"...Tell me, Gluttony...do you plan on working with Greed long-term? My eye is too glorious a prize for the likes of him. Think about it...he's just using you."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 14, 2012, 07:28:08 pm
"FOOL!" he shouts. "It doesn't matter whether we attack Greed! Getting your eye still requires killing you!"

Gluttony suddenly turns, as the sound of a explosion fills the room, and a large chunk of the roof near the door caves in, crushing half the guards! They scatter, as several grenades are thrown into the room from above, killing most of the remainder!

"YOU!" screams Gluttony, barely coherent.

The attacker drops down, onto a pile of rubble, firing her P90 at the few survivors, and turning to both of you, smiling.

"I appreciate the help." says Widow. "But I'm afraid I can't let you be the one to take Drake's eye. I'll handle things from here, if you don't mind."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 14, 2012, 07:35:07 pm
> Take the opportunity to heal and form a rubber hide before attempting to sweep Gluttony with a leg sweep

Of course...she'd have to have an eye if she wanted to just go around flinging explosives so wantonly. I guess slashing her to pulp wasn't going to stop her, then.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 14, 2012, 08:09:22 pm
You start to heal yourself, and finish thickening your skin.

Gluttony splays his hands towards Widow, a beam of intense orange light scorching the wall behind her as she dodges to the side, and opens fire! You take Gluttony by surprise, and knock him to the ground, inadvertently sheltering him from the gunfire with the solid wooden desk!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 14, 2012, 09:00:24 pm
"You look like an idiot wearing those clothes!"

> Stab at him with plastic blade arms
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 15, 2012, 10:40:09 am
He rolls out of the way, narrowly avoiding your first stab, and getting a gash to the side of his stomach. You move in for another strike, but he suddenly turns, and throws a bolt of lightning straight into your right eye, frying it completely!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 15, 2012, 10:59:12 am
> Pound the ground and yell, and jump in on him to continue stabbing, enraged
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 15, 2012, 12:28:59 pm
He jumps to his feet as you recoil from the pain, and vaults over the desk! Widow starts firing at him, but the bullets don't seem to hit!

"LOOK WHAT GLUTTONY TAUGHT ME TO DO SINCE LAST TIME!" he yells, blasting her with an arc of electricity she narrowly dodges.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 15, 2012, 01:28:16 pm
> Regrow my eye, then fly over the desk and attempt to deliver a devastating roundhouse kick to his head
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 02:41:34 pm
You get him by surprise, and knock to him the ground, Widow focusing her gunfire on you instead!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 02:44:04 pm
> Dodge to the side, trying to stomp on Gluttony with a mace leg
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 02:53:36 pm
You dodge a few bullets, but she's got good aim, and the few bullets left in her clip lodge themselves in your chest! Gluttony's quick to dodge your stomp, but you crush his hand, causing him to scream in pain!

Widow reloads, ready to fire again, but ducks into cover as the rest of the guards show up, and start firing into the room!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 02:59:33 pm
> Take cover behind the desk, using my radio

"WHAT'S THE SITUATION!?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 03:31:41 pm
"They had us pinned down but they're retreating! A couple of injuries, but nobody's died!"

Gluttony ignores you for now, attempting to hit Widow with another beam of energy, while she attempts to ward off the guards trying to get in! She's under attack from two sides, and she seems to be struggling!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 03:49:37 pm
You gotta give this loon some credit, he just trucks on through those hurtings I put on him...

> Slowly attempt to sneak up on Gluttony in the midst of the maelstrom in order to give him a nice friendly slash to the throat
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 04:05:08 pm
You slowly approach him, but Widow starts firing at him again, causing him to suddenly vault over the desk with his good hand, and crash into you!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 04:06:38 pm
"THERE ARE ONLY TWO WAYS THIS CAN END, AND THEY BOTH INVOLVE YOU DYING!"

> Slash wildly in frustrated rage
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 04:21:15 pm
He's surprisingly strong! He nearly overpowers you, screaming like a lunatic, but you manage to slash him, cutting deeply into his left arm! At the same time, he shoves his right hand into your chest. With a burst of orange light, you're thrown backwards, a searing heat burning through your thick hide, and leaving a gaping wound! Gluttony prepares to attack again, but a grenade lands between you!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 04:24:00 pm
> Jump forward, then kick the grenade at Gluttony

"THINK FAST!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 04:30:27 pm
He dives out of the way, but probably not fast enough! It's close quarters, though, and the grenade bounces off the desk, partially catching you in the explosion!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 04:32:24 pm
> Devote some time to healing up, scanning the room
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 04:42:40 pm
Your wounds are quite severe, both from whatever Gluttony did and the shrapnel, but you manage to heal yourself in about a minute.

Gluttony's bloodied, and his left arm's badly injured, but just seems more angry. He's focusing on Widow again. Several guards have made their way into the room, and she's been forced to take cover behind a cabinet. She's cornered, and the guards are advancing on her.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 04:45:07 pm
> Grow muscular, then grab Gluttony, and toss him as hard as I can towards the guards
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 05:13:50 pm
He hears you coming, and turns around! He's in some kind of frenzy, but with his one usable arm and your increased muscle mass, he's easy to throw, and knocks down two of them! The other guards start firing at you, and Widow easily takes them out, but more and more guards are getting in!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 05:16:32 pm
"TAKE CARE OF HIM."

> Take out the gun I had on me this entire time and start shooting, picking a better weapon up off the ground if I have a chance
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 07:34:52 pm
All the better guns are at the other side of the room, and you start shooting at Gluttony with the one you brought, but all of your bullets seem to narrowly miss! There are at least twenty guards in the room now, keeping you down with suppressive fire! The rest move to flank Widow, and she can only blindly fire at them without leaving her cover. Her situation really doesn't look too good...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 07:37:24 pm
> Focus fire on the guards, armoring up with stone, and charging at them to take them out with melee
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 07:46:35 pm
You rush into the fray, causing some of them to panic, but causing most of them to spray armour piercing rounds at you! Your flesh mostly holds up, but it's definitely taking away from the damage you cause! You knock down several, but they're being replaced faster than you can take them out! You hear Gluttony scream behind you, and you're shoved forward again, a searing pain in your upper back! You're surrounded by guards, Gluttony is behind you, and Widow doesn't seem to be doing much better!

You hear the large window smash behind you, and turn to see Widow dropping down through it, firing the grenade launcher attached to her assault rifle!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 07:50:42 pm
> Duck, armoring up
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 07:59:37 pm
You quickly add to your armour so much that you can barely move, and get caught in the blast! It's ridiculously hot, but you don't take a lot of damage! The surviving guards scramble for cover wherever they can, and Gluttony ducks out of the room, firing energy beams through the doorway!

"Took you long enough!" shouts Widow over the sound of her own gunfire... still taking cover behind the cabinet?

"I TOLD you to wait!" shouts the other, far less cheerfully, ignoring you and keeping Gluttony suppressed.

"If I'd waited, Gluttony would have a second eye right now! You're welcome, Pride!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 08:03:16 pm
"UM, GLUTTONY'S GETTING AWAY! I'LL KEEP AFTER HIM!"

> Start running, removing my stone armor in favor of the lighter rubber armor, aiming to kill with my shivs
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 08:09:10 pm
As soon as you weaken your armour, your back is filled with bullets, and you narrowly dodge another energy beam!

"Do you think we're ALLIES, fool?" shouts Pride.

"Even Pride's got better sense than letting BOTH of you get away!" says Widow, throwing another grenade at you!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 08:12:04 pm
> Swat the grenade back this time

"YOU'RE PISSING ME OFF!"

> Grab an assault rifle and return fire while healing and growing armor again
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 08:32:29 pm
The grenade explodes in mid-air after you swat it, but you avoid most of the shrapnel! You recklessly fire at the two Widows, but you're under attack from three sides at the minute!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 08:36:54 pm
FUCKING...MOTHERFUCKING SHIT ASSHOLES WON'T LET ME FUCKING KILL ANYBODY! FUCK THEM, FUCK IT ALL!

"EAT THIS SHIT!"

> Fire down the stairway, running after Gluttony, deciding I might as well finish him before starting another fight

"FUCK OUT OF MY WAY!"

> Get angry, get mad, call forth those powers I discovered so long ago, those powers of unbridled, buring, seething wrath
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 08:46:16 pm
In a distant corner of your mind, Wrath smiles.

You rush out through the doorway. Gluttony runs down the first flight of stairs, leaving several guards between you!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 08:50:51 pm
"IT'S TOO LATE TO RUN!"

> Form my arms into large axes, and cut them all down

"GOOD FUCKING JOB, YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKERS!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 11:07:53 pm
You murder four of them, and the rest scatter!

"DO YOU THINK WE'RE FINISHED?" screams Gluttony, as you charge for him. He splays his right hand forward, and raises his injured arm slightly, glowing a bright orange! He screams, sending a huge energy beam towards you, burning RIGHT THROUGH YOUR STOMACH!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 11:10:51 pm
> Push on, driven by hate

"YEAH, WE JUST ABOUT ARE!"

> Go over and FUCK HIM FUCK HIM FUCK HIM
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 11:18:40 pm
In all fairness you should have blacked out from the pain, but then Pride would just shoot you and I wouldn't get to see it. You're welcome.

You continue moving forward. Something falls out of your wound, but you pay no attention, thinking about nothing but slaughtering the stupidly dressed bastard in front of you. He steps backwards, and splays his hands forward again, a very faint glowing coming off of them.

"No... NO!" he gibbers. "Not now! More power! WE'LL SETTLE THIS LATER!"

Everything is white!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 11:23:55 pm
> Slash blindly, before falling down, painfully attempting to heal

...IT BURNS WITHIN ME...
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 16, 2012, 11:35:43 pm
Now you're just being melodramatic.

Your vision clears, and Gluttony's nowhere to be seen! You only just realise how injured you are... You should probably be dead right now... You carefully start regrowing your lost entrails, and hear footsteps behind you, from the top of the stairs.

"Wrath, you chose a fool, and you paid the price. Give me the eye." says Widow.
"Wouldn't it make more sense just to shoot him while he's injured?" asks Widow.
"Did I say you could speak?" growls Widow, turning towards Widow
"Did I say you could try to possess me?" says Widow, smirking. "You're not so great at that, might I add."
"INSOLENCE!" she screams.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 16, 2012, 11:37:54 pm
Whatever. My limbs will grow back. His, not so much.

> Wait until I'm healed satisfactorily, then attack the "godly" Widow
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 12:03:28 am
It's going to take a couple of minutes until you're in any condition to fight again, and they're both still aiming at you.

"You're probably one of the most angry necklaces I've ever worn." says Widow.
"I AM NOT A NECKLACE!" she screams back. "I AM-"

She's interrupted, as the corridor erupts with gunfire, hitting her in the shoulder! Both Widows quickly duck for cover in the doorway of the office.

"I told we should have just-"
"SHUT UP AND SERVE YOUR PURPOSE!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 12:07:49 am
> Use radio

"Fight's clearing up, sort of. Where are you guys?"

> Keep healing
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 12:12:34 am
"We got past the guards!" shouts Viola, the gunfire over the radio identical to the gunfire upstairs. "Are you okay?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 12:16:48 am
"I'll be fine, eventually. Gluttony got away, but I hurt him badly. We've got Widow from the school in the building, as well as her doppelganger, Pride. I'm not sure what's going on, but their eye is supposedly a necklace. Also, did you by chance see a bleeding, eccentrically-dressed man in a mask with gold trim run out?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 11:10:05 am
"...A what?" she asks. You'll take that as a no.

You can't see the others, but they seem to be in a shootout with the two Widows.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 11:12:18 am
> Finish healing, then load my gun and head up, armored
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 11:40:13 am
The gunfire stops as you approach, but you think they're still in the room.

"Good to see you again, Drake." says Viola, at the other side of the doorway.

"You're a... little bloodstained." says Jack.

"...A little?" asks Laura.

"We should probably talk about this after we've dealt with those two... or one, I'm unsure." says Collin.

"Agreed." says Dominic.

Dominic has been shot in the right arm, and is using a pistol, while Viola seems to be limping from a bullet to the thigh. You're surprised she's still walking.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 11:45:52 am
> Give them quick fixes, then armor everyone up

"I doubt those two are just going to up and leave empty-handed after all this. I'm not planning on that, either."

> Move in
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 11:50:20 am
They both thank you, and Dominic grabs his assault rifle again. It takes a few minutes to give everyone a satisfactory amount of armour, and you move in first.

Unsurprisingly, you narrowly dodge another blast from the grenade launcher, taking heavy fire from both of them, from different sides of the room!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 11:57:12 am
"Remind me to grab some grenades next time."

> Run recklessly in between them, so they have trouble shooting at me without hitting each other, providing fire
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 12:08:32 pm
You catch them off guard by rushing between them, and they each hit each-other with a few stray bullets, screaming their respective insults! You keep Pride suppressed, and Widow throws a grenade at the doorway, stalling your allies, but not doing much else!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 12:11:24 pm
> Head over for Widow while she's momentarily occupied, then fire a few shots at her while trying to maneuver around her to use her as a shield
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 12:18:08 pm
She hits you with a few shots, but she's surprisingly easy to grab, and Pride stops firing as you hold her in front of you. She struggles, angrily.

"So you're actually sort-of competent! Good for you!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 12:20:57 pm
"I killed you once already, or were you just not trying that time?"

> Motion for everybody to move in

"Kill that other one."

> Execute my shield, but keep using the body as cover
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 12:33:06 pm
She smiles like a lunatic, looking you dead in the eyes.

"I wasn't trying this time, either."

Your ears don't even register the sound of the explosion, and you're only vaguely aware of the intense heat. The pain is there, though, the pain is definitely there, but it's the places you don't feel pain that worry you more. You think you're on the ground. It's difficult to tell.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 12:34:43 pm
"You didn't...do this earlier WHY....?"

> Crawl
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 12:47:06 pm
You try to crawl, but realise you're missing all of your limbs. You're not having a pleasant experience right now.

You look over, seeing a pile of smouldering black fabric covered with charred, bloody flesh.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 12:50:04 pm
> Start regenerating

How can we stop her from...doing that...

"Hello?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 01:18:10 pm
Not GRABBING her would be a good start.

You spend a few minutes regrowing your limbs, and the others hurry to you.

"The other one exploded too, but nobody was caught in the blast." says Dominic.

"We should leave as soon as possible." says Laura.

"Are you okay?" asks Viola, kneeling over you, visibly worried.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 01:22:03 pm
"I will be. Pick me up, let's head out as fast as we can. Grab anything you can find off of the bodies and floor, but if you see a necklace, don't touch it."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 01:28:19 pm
Viola and Jack help you up, as you finish regrowing your legs. You think you can walk with their help.

"I don't see any necklaces, and the guns were pretty much destroyed." says Dominic.

"Does that mean-" Viola begins, interrupted by a massive explosion hitting the roof above you, the entire ceiling caving in!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 01:31:01 pm
"SHIT!"

> Duck, then look around

"IS EVERYONE OKAY!?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 01:40:56 pm
You're okay, but several of the others are pinned under the debris! You hear several more explosions coming from other parts of the building, too loud to be anything Widow could be using!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 01:43:53 pm
"Greed is destroying the building!"

> Morph everyone appropriately to get them out, then quickly hollow out some of their bones and give them wings

"COME ON, OUT THE WINDOW!"

> Head for the window and jump
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 01:48:47 pm
They all seem to be able to cope with the hollowed out bones, and they follow you. You don't need to jump out the window, as the wall isn't there anymore! You jump out the window, and begin to fly, but everyone else hesitates!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 01:53:06 pm
"SPREAD YOUR WINGS AND GLIDE! BEFORE YOU GET BLOWN TO PIECES! COME ON!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 02:02:10 pm
They jump out of the building, and attempt to glide! A few seconds later, some kind of missile hits the room behind them!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 02:11:10 pm
"I BET YOU'RE HAPPY NOW! LET'S GET OUT OF HERE!"

> Head back for base
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 02:35:33 pm
They're all terrible at flying, but nobody hits the pavement, which is always a plus.

You land a couple of blocks away from the base, and quickly return. Everyone immediately finds somewhere to sit as soon as you get into the room, and most of them look like they're about to fall asleep. You're pleased to note your statues haven't moved.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 02:39:53 pm
> Go up to the adviser

"We had several close calls, but we made it out. Empty-handed, but we made it out."

> Uncover her head
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 02:43:16 pm
She takes a few deep breaths for several seconds.

"What happened?" she asks, looking worried.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 02:49:49 pm
"Not much, just got my stomach blown out several times. I ALMOST killed your boss, but some unforseen intrusions stopped that. Also, I think Greed ordered the building demolished."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 02:55:45 pm
"Oh..." she says, not seeming to have much else to add. "...Are you going to let me go now?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 03:00:01 pm
"You know I can't just do that. Tell me, what do you think of your informant? He doesn't seem to be very important to much of anyone, especially Gluttony. He was quite clear about that."

Do you fancy driving people insane?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 03:21:10 pm
Depends. What did you have in mind?

"He's... mostly useless, but it's not like I want him dead."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 03:27:06 pm
Let's leave the guy like that, but keep him alive.

"Understood. Anyway...what do you think about working for Greed?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 03:32:35 pm
I like it.

"...What kind of question is that?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 03:36:08 pm
"Do you enjoy your job?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 03:39:19 pm
"...I'm not going to lie. Of course I do. Why would I do it if I didn't?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 04:06:03 pm
"Well, judging from the number of guards they had on hand, I'd have to say that it's more because of the pay. Really, all of those idiots seemed to be working in order to earn their small fortunes, not because they enjoyed working their jobs. In fact, it takes balls to know you're fighting things like me. They had little choice in this economy, anyway. Are you thirsty, hungry? Can I get anything for you?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 05:41:01 pm
"What are you planning to do with me?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 06:04:18 pm
"I'm still thinking about that. You make nice decoration, but I think I could make more use of you than just that. I don't trust you enough to free you completely, but I guess I can...well, offer some alternatives to stone imprisonment."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 07:18:32 pm
"Like what?" she asks.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 07:21:23 pm
"We'll see. I wouldn't want to make any slip-ups by getting adventurous."

> Sit down, then start reading up on animal and human anatomy, aiming to go smaller this time again

"Before I start, could somebody find a tube so we can give the other guy food and water? It would be tragic if he were to die of thirst or lack of food."

> Begin transforming into a child once more
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 07:30:38 pm
Jack produces the straw of a juice carton, which seems to be the best you're going to get.

It's still painful, and it takes you about ten minutes, but you're successful.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 07:35:40 pm
"Am I still the ugliest child you've ever seen, Viola?"

> Get used to walking with my short stature
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 07:40:07 pm
"Now you just look like a little person." says Viola.

It's difficult to get used to, but it's not exactly the hardest thing you've had to adapt to recently.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 07:44:08 pm
"Well, I'll have to do better if I ever need a form capable of drawing sympathy."

> Attempt to turn into an alligator
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 07:47:43 pm
It only takes you another ten minutes with the help of some handy diagrams.

"What were you saying, Drake?" asks the woman.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 07:51:33 pm
"I don't trust you enough to set you free, or give you a job. However, I don't feel like leaving you as a statue. Therefore, I'm considering turning you into a pet. It's a temporary solution, but I'm sure you might find it enjoyable. The only problems are that I'd have trouble turning you into something that's neither too dangerous nor capable of easily escaping..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 07:57:12 pm
"I'll stay like this for now, then." she says, quite adamantly.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 08:00:28 pm
"Alright, fine. I guess I could always try it on the other guy..."

> Think, then realize that I totally can use him as a guinea pig, then begin examining the anatomy of tortoises in-depth
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 08:08:57 pm
Tortoises are such fascinating creatures...

"Hey, Drake?" asks Dominic, slightly nervously. "Do you mind if we talk for a bit?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 08:11:27 pm
"Oh, sure. Let's talk in private. You others...do whatever. Feel free to mingle, Sasha."

> Head into another room

"You seem concerned."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 08:26:08 pm
You definitely don't hear anyone talking to Sasha as you leave.

"I'm sorry, I just feel strange saying this sort of thing." says Dominic. "This is going to sound sudden, but I'll just get it over with... I suppose I wanted to thank you for letting me join you. I actually feel like I'm doing something worthwhile rather than just... well, waiting. I've... not lead such a great life, and even if you're not aware you've been doing it, meeting you and the others has really helped me start to put my past behind me... That's... it, I think."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 08:30:25 pm
"You're welcome. It takes some determined people to work with me. You've taken some hard punishments and gone through debilitating transformations, but I don't think I've ever heard you complain once. You're a good man, Dominic."

> Pat him on the back, then head back to the room and resume tortoise study, before approaching the informant

"We need an aquarium. And some dirt. And other fancy pet decorations and supplies."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 08:42:40 pm
Dominic smiles, and you return.

"Do we really need an aquarium?" asks Laura.

"Not really, but Lyle probably knows somebody who has one." says Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 08:45:43 pm
"Well, alright. We'll see if we can get one. I just need to get everyone cleaned up, first."

> Disguise everyone, and then move back over to Sasha

"We'll be out for a while. Keep your informant friend company."

> Turn her head back into stone, and turn them to face each other before leaving
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 08:55:15 pm
You leave them trapped in their silent hell again, and start walking back to Lyle's base.

"Hey, you're all back!" he says as you enter. "We were worried about you, man!"

"The news says the military launched cruise missiles at an office building." mutters Darren, not having moved his eyes away from his laptop screen once since you arrived. "It was the address you asked about."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 08:58:45 pm
"Our intended objective wasn't accomplished, but at least we got out without getting killed. Tell me, have we made...well, any progress on anything since I was gone? I'm not really sure what everyone does around here. Oh, and we'll need an aquarium tank, Lyle, do you know if anyone here has one?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 09:10:16 pm
"I got ten new people since you were here last, but you're the leader, man. I'm just the guy who knows people. Anyway, I can totally get you one, but what do you need a fish tank for, bro?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 09:15:07 pm
"Let's just say it's for my pet tortoise. We'll need fresh produce, some appropriate dirt for the habitat, and decorations. Anyway, about those plans of action...I need people to be on the lookout. It's unlikely that we'll find these people, but if someone by chance sees them, then I need them to report where and when they saw them. Get a camera ready or something, because I'm going to show you two people that you need to look out for. They're both extremely dangerous."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 09:21:20 pm
Darren quietly sighs, and turns around his laptop so that the camera faces you.

"Ready." he says.

You've got the attention of everybody else in the room, as well.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 09:23:03 pm
"The people I'm about to show you are extremely dangerous, and if they are sighted, the location and time of the sighting should be reported immediately. Do not attempt to confront them."

> First, turn into Gluttony, and have him take a few pictures, then turn into Widow, and have him take a few more pictures

"That's all for now."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 09:40:31 pm
"You've got some pretty weird enemies, man." says Lyle, after the others start returning to whatever it was they were doing.

"Um... Hi, Drake!" says a female voice behind you. You turn around, seeing... Natalie?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 09:44:20 pm
"Um...Natalie, right? I wasn't expecting that I'd see you here. How have you been doing?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 09:52:10 pm
"Good!" she says, sounding absolutely terrified. "I joined so I could help you and everything's been good! How have you been?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 09:56:30 pm
"I had my stomach and limbs blown off earlier, but they grew back. So...do you need some help with anything? Are you finding your accommodations comfortable?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 10:16:09 pm
"No, I mean, yes! I mean, no, I don't need anything, and yes, there's plenty of space! How are your accommodations? Where do you stay, anyway?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 10:23:37 pm
"My accommodations are perfectly acceptable. I can't disclose where I stay, but I don't usually stay here."

> Casually turn into a jaguar
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 17, 2012, 10:30:37 pm
She steps back in surprise, looking at you, amazed.

"That's... really amazing!" she says. "How do you do it?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 17, 2012, 10:32:28 pm
"Oh, I just sort of focus, then slowly apply changes, and then I'm done. It's my power. I can also do it to others."

> Turn into a velociraptor
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 19, 2012, 05:12:18 pm
She still looks amazed, and fumbles with her words excitedly.

"Could you... Could you turn me into something?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 19, 2012, 05:13:32 pm
"Well...sure, I guess. But I have to warn you, it isn't painless the first few times. Are you sure?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 19, 2012, 05:38:49 pm
"Oh... Okay... I'll try it!" she says, clearly trying not to look afraid.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 19, 2012, 05:41:57 pm
"Alright. Let me think of something..."

> Go for the wolf, as usual, giving her shining silver and charcoal black fur, with gleaming golden eyes
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 19, 2012, 06:22:33 pm
Everyone in the room watches as you start to transform her. She screams at first, but you're going quite quickly, so you decide to just keep going. It only takes about two minutes to turn her into a werewolf, and she looks around, staring at her paws. You're responded to with loud applause.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 19, 2012, 06:38:45 pm
I should have thought this over...now everyone's going to be asking me...

> Stand there and wave at everyone

"Thanks, thank you. How are you enjoying it, Natalie?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 19, 2012, 10:10:25 pm
"This is... so..."

She takes a step forward, and nearly topples over! She quickly shifts her weight backwards, but overcorrects, and falls, smashing through the cheap table behind her!
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 19, 2012, 10:17:41 pm
"Whoa! Careful there!"

> Help her up

"You need to take things slowly. Remember, your skeleton was just restructured, so it's guaranteed that it'll feel different to you at first."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 19, 2012, 10:54:05 pm
You help her up, but she looks unsteady, and having hit her head can't be helping.

"...Okay..." she says, distantly.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 19, 2012, 10:57:06 pm
"You feeling alright? Come on, get up."

> Help her steady herself before stepping back

"Can you try walking in a straight line towards me?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2012, 08:44:31 pm
She manages to walk towards you without falling, but she doesn't look very steady at all.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2012, 08:46:40 pm
"You're doing great! Just keep that up and you'll be running in no time! Do you want to be turned back now?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2012, 08:51:26 pm
"No... no... I'm fine..." she mutters, before collapsing.

Everyone's worryingly silent now.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2012, 08:52:03 pm
"Natalie? NATALIE!"

> Change her back, quickly, checking her vitals
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2012, 08:58:57 pm
You change her back quite quickly. Fortunately, she seems okay, just unconscious.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2012, 09:04:31 pm
"She's unconscious! But I think she's okay."

Did she just faint because she was so nervous?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2012, 09:18:20 pm
Could be that, or it could be because you just turned an adolescent girl into a werewolf on her first try.

"Uh... I'll take her to her bed." says a woman, carrying her off, assisted by another.

"So... uh... Drake Hellbolt!" cheers Lyle, loudly breaking the silence, and clapping. The rest of the room claps awkwardly for several seconds, before getting back to their conversations.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2012, 09:21:39 pm
I forget, people aren't usually as strong as me, or Dominic, or much of anyone else.

> Sit down at the table, then turn to Lyle

"So, Lyle, what exactly does everyone do here?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2012, 09:25:32 pm
He looks surprised at your question.

"Like I said, you're the boss, man. We're just sorting everything out and waiting for you to give us stuff to do."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2012, 09:32:28 pm
"Well, I already put a warning out, but I'm unsure if people will be too willing to proceed with basic transformation after what just transpired. I was thinking we could slowly get them accustomed to complex transformation, so in the event that we'd need to tactically strike somewhere, we'd have people lined up and ready to carry out specific tasks in alternate forms. Perhaps we should have a...I don't know if a uniform would be the best idea, but I could think one up. Perhaps we could show off the advantages of being a member?"

> Observe Lyle up and down

"Are you satisfied with your current form?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2012, 09:35:35 pm
"Uniforms would be awesome, man... Wait, what do you mean? My form?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2012, 09:47:44 pm
"Yes, your form. If people saw what I could do for them...well, it would create motivation. Is there anything about yourself that you'd...like to change?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2012, 09:50:58 pm
"...I don't think about that sort of thing, bro. This is me, and... other things wouldn't be me and stuff... I think."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2012, 09:57:44 pm
"That's understandable. Just asking. Anyway, just tell them I'm accepting volunteers for basic transformation."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2012, 10:07:41 pm
He turns, and calls out.

"Hey guys! Who wants to try some basic stuff? You probably won't be knocked out!"

It takes a few seconds for people to start volunteering, but you get a surprising number, considering what just happened.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2012, 10:14:46 pm
"Alright, everybody line up! We'll be doing some basic exercises to get your bodies accustomed to transformation. First off, we'll be trying something basic."

> Examine the person in front of me, before giving him cat features
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2012, 10:17:08 pm
You give the fairly excited looking young man cat features without any problems, and everyone starts to look more at ease.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2012, 10:22:32 pm
"Alright! Next up!"

> Give everyone a variety of different animal features, seeing what their reactions are
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2012, 10:34:29 pm
The twenty or so people all seem fascinated with their new features, and you start getting more volunteers.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2012, 10:42:32 pm
> Keep it up, not being afraid to implement some more exotic features such as fangs, heat sensors, gills, and frills
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2012, 10:50:40 pm
You continue, and eventually everyone in the room has some kind of odd features, apart from Darren, who seems far more interested in his game of Dwarf Fortress. Everyone seems to be having fun, and it's starting to seem like some sort of party.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2012, 10:54:56 pm
> Transform into a golden dragon, then clap

"TELL ME HOW YOU LIKE IT!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2012, 11:03:33 pm
Nearly everyone cheers loudly, and somebody gets out some heavier drinks from behind the bar. Somebody else starts serving them, and judging by the number of people interested, things aren't going to be so orderly for long.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2012, 11:17:26 pm
"Everybody, I must remind you to PLEASE try to remain collected. This is still a delicate operation."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 20, 2012, 11:25:32 pm
There are a few groans, and quite a few people looking ashamed or embarrassed, but the bottles get put back under the bar, and nearly everyone sits back down again.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 20, 2012, 11:29:16 pm
"Now that you've gone through basic transformation, you are welcome to volunteer for intermediate level in two hours. Remember, transformation will at first strain your body. You must be eased into advanced forms."

These people seem quick to get unruly. Discipline is important here...

"I'll go see to Natalie. Can you hold down the fort, Lyle?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2012, 07:43:04 pm
"Sure thing, bro!" he says, as you head in the general direction Natalie went.

You find her in another room, alone, on a bedroll. She turns to you as you enter, looking rather embarrassed
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2012, 07:46:39 pm
"I really shouldn't have started out with something that extreme. I forgot that you might not be as resilient as my crew members. You feeling okay?"

Perhaps I could start a misinformation campaign...the funny kind.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2012, 08:31:49 pm
"Yeah, I'm fine!" she blurts out, sitting up quickly, and clutching her head tightly afterwards.

I think I like where this is going.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2012, 08:35:35 pm
"I just needed to make sure. Please, don't hurt yourself. I was just checking in before proceeding with other activities. If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2012, 08:48:55 pm
She slowly lies back down again.

"Okay... Thank you..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2012, 08:50:13 pm
> Nod, then head back out to Lyle

"Lyle, I've got it. We've got a lot of people here...why not start a misinformation campaign?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2012, 08:52:45 pm
"What do you mean, dude?" he asks, looking confused.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2012, 09:01:22 pm
"Well, I mean doing something to keep the feds and my enemies confused. Things like starting rumors about my supposed 'weaknesses.' You know?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2012, 09:14:18 pm
"...Holy shit, man, you might be onto something. What kinda stuff do you mean?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2012, 09:24:16 pm
"Something like...I'm deathly afraid of mirrors because they reveal my true form. Something like that! And then, if somebody actually pulls a mirror on me, it'll be just PRICELESS."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2012, 09:31:21 pm
"That sounds awesome! How should we start spreading this stuff?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2012, 09:33:40 pm
"Well, web-discussion, having our members just sort of spread the word, he-said she-said, I heard this one thing, you know? Things like that."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2012, 09:45:35 pm
"That could totally work." says Lyle.

"Done." says Darren, eyes still not moving from the laptop.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2012, 09:48:30 pm
"Really? Let me see."

> Go over and look at what Darren was working on
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2012, 09:58:12 pm
He's got a ridiculous number of tabs and windows open.

"Rumours started."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2012, 10:00:00 pm
"...Good job. That's all I really had to suggest right now. I guess I'll just hang around until intermediate transformation training starts..."

> Sit at my table and observe the activity in the room
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2012, 10:16:24 pm
You sit down, looking around. Jack and Collin are laughing with a large group of people at a nearby table, while Dominic sort of quietly sits next to them, smiling a bit. Viola and Laura are still sitting at your table, chatting about god-knows-what.

"By the way, Lyle, it's like eight and I don't think anyone's eaten." says Viola.

"...Oh yeah!" he says. "Should we go get pizza and bring it back or something?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2012, 10:21:03 pm
"Sure, but that means we'll have to open negotiations on pizza toppings. I vote for pepperoni mushroom."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2012, 10:25:46 pm
"There are like sixty people here." says Viola. "We should get thirty large pizzas."

"I'm not sure how we're going to do this in an organized manner, though." says Laura.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2012, 10:35:24 pm
"Wait, you meant for everybody? I thought you said everybody had their own food."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 21, 2012, 10:49:55 pm
"I said I had a few guys setting us up with that, but they aren't done yet." says Lyle. "Besides! First night of our rebel group or whatever the hell we are!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 21, 2012, 10:53:05 pm
"Yeah, but 30 pizzas is hardly inconspicuous! What do we tell them? That we're having a party?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 22, 2012, 11:59:09 am
"We could order them from different places, man." says Lyle.

"Five pizzas per place doesn't seem so bad." says Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 22, 2012, 12:17:13 pm
"Well, that's going to be a bit of a drive. Fine, let's just get a variety of different pizzas from everywhere, then."

> Get up, and make everyone presentable
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 22, 2012, 04:19:50 pm
You get to work, and once you're done, Viola stops you.

"I forgot to mention. There's something the six of us need to discuss."

"Go ahead, man." says Lyle. "I'll get some other guys to get the pizza."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 22, 2012, 04:21:47 pm
"Alright."

> Sit back down at the table

Today's been quite eventful.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 22, 2012, 04:24:45 pm
Viola motions the other three over, but they take a few minutes.

Tomorrow's probably going to be even busier.

"What is it?" asks Jack.

"We need to talk about something in private." she says, walking towards the bedrooms.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 22, 2012, 04:26:54 pm
> Head for the bedrooms

It doesn't get much busier than having my stomach blown out, having my limbs blown off, and flying out of a cruise missile strike.

"Alright, what's up for discussion?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 22, 2012, 04:32:18 pm
You all stand in the middle of a vacant bedroom. Viola starts to speak, looking deadly serious.

"Drake, how did your identity get revealed earlier?"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 22, 2012, 04:37:26 pm
"Here's the thing, I did everything right, but Gluttony got the drop on me somehow...I have my suspicions about how it could have happened, but no concrete evidence."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 22, 2012, 04:42:28 pm
"...You weren't there long enough to do anything stupid..." she says. "...Jessica, did you tip him off?"

"Why the fuck would I do that?" asks Jessica, angrily. "I was hoping you'd kill him!"

"...I think we might have a mole..." says Viola, her gaze turning to Dominic.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 22, 2012, 04:50:36 pm
"My first thought was Jessica, but I don't think Dominic's been out of our sight long enough to do anything. If he was a mole...well, he'd certainly have plenty of opportunities beforehand. Perhaps it's Lust...she seems like a free agent just going around and playing everybody against the middle..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 22, 2012, 04:55:06 pm
"Thanks..." says Dominic.

"You've met Lust?" asks Viola.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 22, 2012, 04:57:01 pm
"No, but I'm pretty sure that's who the woman in the coat is. We don't know what she's doing, or why she keeps giving us info. Perhaps she just hopes that we'll all kill each other for her..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 22, 2012, 05:11:36 pm
"Could be..." says Collin. "...But why did she have us save Laura?"

"I've got no idea who she is." says Laura.

"Maybe she wanted us to become more influential so we'd stand a better chance against Greed." says Viola.

"But she was the only one there when Drake got shot, wasn't she?" asks Jack.

"We've got one of Greed's former informants here and you're accusing Laura for vague reasons!" shouts Viola.

"Former." says Dominic, clearly trying to stay calm.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 22, 2012, 05:14:19 pm
"I propose we get some answers from her before we do any other favors for her..."
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 22, 2012, 05:32:52 pm
Right on time, Viola's phone rings. She quickly opens up the text, and shows it to you.

"Different number from usual." she notes.

My phone has been stolen by one of Greed's men, so please keep that in mind if you receive any messages from the old one. However, you're right about me being Lust.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 22, 2012, 05:36:46 pm
"...I'm not sure I trust any of this, but we can't do much, she seems to be knowledgeable about a lot of things."

> Type back

- I want answers, and I'm not planning on doing anything else until I get some.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 22, 2012, 05:44:13 pm
You wait for about thirty seconds, before getting a text back.

I'll start answering your questions, if you tell me how you knew I had Lust's eye.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 22, 2012, 05:49:51 pm
"...I'm not sure whether or not I should assume that this is the same person."

> Respond

- I just took logical steps. You showed up and shot me, and then later that night I spoke with Lust itself. Ergo, you are most likely the holder of Lust's eye.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 22, 2012, 06:08:12 pm
I am the same person. It just seems that Lust has been doing things behind my back. Well, what do you want me to tell you?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 22, 2012, 06:14:42 pm
> Reply

- We should talk somewhere a little more personal. I can find you in the usual place, correct?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 22, 2012, 06:32:48 pm
No, you cannot.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 22, 2012, 06:45:47 pm
> Reply

- Cell phones are quite insecure, I'll have you know. Tell me, what are your powers?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 22, 2012, 08:14:08 pm
I don't intend to explain my abilities over the phone. I'll come to you. Where is Lyle's base?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 22, 2012, 08:17:13 pm
- Oh, his base? Sure, you can't miss it.

> Give the location of an abandoned building that I know of
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: Velocity on July 22, 2012, 08:22:03 pm
If I arrive and it isn't his base, I won't show myself, nor will I answer your questions.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on July 22, 2012, 08:27:32 pm
- I understand that. Just come on down and we'll have an engaging discussion.

"Heads up everybody, we've just caught an attempted sting operation. Everyb