I Wanna Be The Forums!

General Category => General Games! => I Wanna Be the Quest => Topic started by: DraconicDescendant on August 18, 2011, 05:55:07 pm

Title: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 18, 2011, 05:55:07 pm
Hatred. Absolute hatred. Your mind thinks of nothing else besides how much you hate. What do you hate? Five men. Those five men, and how you will murder all of them, are all that you can think of. Hot flashes race through you, an icy heat engulfing your body. You twitch, very stiff, but alive. A great strength seeps into your limbs, greater than the strength of a normal human. You take a few ragged breaths, an odd feeling in your throat. You're finding it difficult to get the air to your lungs, but you're thankful that you have the ability to breathe at all. You open your eyes, a cold mist having settled over you. You're on a grassy hill, away from any nearby towns. Your cries for help went unheard. You think it's time to try rising up again...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 18, 2011, 06:17:39 pm
Slowly get up to my feet, breathing deeply and slowly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 18, 2011, 06:27:15 pm
You rise up, so smoothly and uncannily that if anyone were watching, they would think of you as some kind of ghoul. You put a hand to your throat, running it along a few layers of dried blood, and a large incision that seems to have exposed your windpipe, air whistling in and out of it. You must have clawed your way back from the brink of death, the raw power of your will alone preventing you from succumbing to this serious wound.

There is a pond nearby. Perhaps you would get a better look at yourself by looking into it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 18, 2011, 07:00:25 pm
Slowly walk over to the water, kneeling down to take a look at my reflection.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 18, 2011, 07:10:48 pm
You're a maiden. Dirt has found a way into your tangled mess of brown hair. You have jade green eyes, but you notice a subtle red glow about them. Your clothes are tattered and dirty, which won't do at all, but it's okay, since there's a black cloak nearby that would cover you up perfectly. The most prominent feature about you, your throat wound, looks menacing, covered in dry blood, slowly changing in shape as you breathe in and out. It looks somewhat like a deranged second smile, almost a twin compared to your real smile right now.

You see another body nearby. They lie next to an overturned cart, which appears to have been stocked with crops.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 18, 2011, 07:22:52 pm
FUCK YES WIDOWQUEST. YES YES YES.

Slowly creep up to the figure, and grip its neck tightly, sticking a thumb into its windpipe, ripping open a throat wound. Satisfied that it's dead, steal the cloak.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 18, 2011, 07:31:03 pm
It is a rather nice cloak. You like its black exterior, and the red fabric on the interior. It even comes with a nice silver brooch, some kind of skull.

There's a long road between you and the nearest town. The mists haven't exactly cleared. You "sense" the men went back to town. You're quite sure of it. As you are about to begin your quest to fulfill your vengeance, though, you suddenly become aware that you are absolutely ravenous...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 18, 2011, 07:46:17 pm
Look at the crops, and walk over to them, but become distracted by the body. Kneel down next to him, and pull out one of his eyes, putting it into my mouth, and slowly tasting it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 18, 2011, 07:51:43 pm
You severely dislike food grown from out of the ground or plucked from trees. But the meat...you can't imagine anything more delicious. You eat the eye, vitreous fluid running down your chin as your unusually sharp teeth gnash the eye into a paste. You don't have the patience for appetizers, though. You need his meat. This one's chubby. He's got a lot of meat on him...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 18, 2011, 08:07:21 pm
Dive in, excited, tearing into his belly with my teeth. Don't take time to savour it, wolfing down every gram of flesh and every drop of blood in his body.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 18, 2011, 08:13:01 pm
You're ravenous. You eat, and eat, and eat, blood and chewed bits making a mess as they get on your person. You learn something about human anatomy, and that is that your windpipe is in front of your esophagus. You are somewhat surprised that you manage to strip him to the bone, but you're way too satisfied to care about the logistics of it.

You feel slightly more powerful, stronger after your meal. Now you just need to get to town to find out exactly who those men are...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 21, 2011, 06:11:47 am
Start walking, as quickly as I can.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 21, 2011, 10:42:14 am
You begin walking.

Upon arriving at the town a few hours later, you find that there is very little activity. A drunkard stumbles along the road, but other than that everybody seems to be asleep in their houses. You notice several buildings, mainly the bar, the bank, and a mail house. There is also a library.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 21, 2011, 07:14:08 pm
Realise how hungry I am after such a long time without human meat.

Approach the drunkard.

"...Looking for a good time..?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 21, 2011, 07:18:46 pm
He looks you over, not suspecting anything after looking you up and down. The cloak doesn't exactly outline your slender form, but it keeps him from noticing your gaping neck wound.

"...Yesh...come on, beautiful, let'sh go...off...lead the way."

He stumbles over.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 21, 2011, 07:39:14 pm
Decide that anybody stupid enough to follow a blood-covered hooded woman at night deserves to die. Hold the idiot by the shoulder.

"...Take me to yours..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 21, 2011, 07:43:21 pm
He looks about lazily, stumbling back and heading the other way. You follow him silently.

Of course, he could just be a chauvinist. The times are in a state of change, however.

You arrive at a small flat, he retrieves a set of keys from his pocket and unlocks the door, stepping inside and turning on an oil lamp. You get a better look at him. He's thin, with stubble on his chin and a shaggy mop of dark hair. The alcohol is strong on his breath. He invites you inside and opens the bedroom door, lying down.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 21, 2011, 08:05:21 pm
Get on top of him, my knees weighing down his legs, and my arms weighing down his wrists.

Move my head slowly towards his, as if about to kiss him.

Then bite his face off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 21, 2011, 08:07:50 pm
"Hey, baby not so r-AUGH! AUGH! AUGH!"

He begins shrieking as his cheek starts spurting blood, as he struggles against your inhumanly strong grip, while you continue biting chunks out of his face, until it's nothing but a bloody mess of muscles and cartilage. He gurgles out cries, painfully.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 21, 2011, 08:28:50 pm
"Sorry, beautiful..."

Take a large bite out of his throat to finish him, and then begin savouring my evening meal.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 21, 2011, 08:34:14 pm
Delicious meat. The alcohol provides a bit of flavor, you think. By the time you've stripped the corpse, you're actually feeling quite tipsy yourself.

You see the morning sun outside. It's not exactly inviting to you, but you guess you can bare with it. Your cloak is blood-soaked, but the color hides it well enough, save for the smell.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 21, 2011, 08:50:06 pm
Sit on the edge of the bed, and find a small, sturdy bone, seeing if I can use my teeth to file it down to a sharp blade.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 21, 2011, 09:00:08 pm
You take his ulna, sharpening one end to a fine point, shaping the rest of the side into a blade capable of cutting flesh. It has a nice handle to it as well, so you can easily pull it out if needed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 07:40:19 am
Slide it into one of my pockets, within easy reach.

Look around the apartment, looking for anything of use or value I can steal.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 07:52:56 am
You see a chest against the wall, as well as a dresser and a wardrobe. Searching all three nets you 50 notes in regional currency, a flintlock pistol, clothes, a few books, and a precious gemstone.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 07:59:10 am
Jump up and down a little, checking the ammo in the pistol, the names of the books, and what kind of gemstone it is.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 08:04:01 am
The pistol seems to be quite rudimentary, with a polished wooden handle. It seems to be loaded, with a few bags alongside it for reloading. The books are named "Valthor, the Fall of Monarchy," "A Woman's Vengeance," and an odd book with no name, but a worn cover.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 08:08:20 am
Sit down on the chest, and look inside the worn book.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 08:14:33 am
Inside are etchings and runes of strange ritualistic purpose. You aren't sure what they mean exactly, but one in particular makes you feel uneasy. It's a picture of a large rune, appearing as a circle with four snakes inside it forming an X, their mouths facing outward.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 08:21:37 am
Become overcome with curiosity, and try finding something to draw the runes with, seeing if there are any pools of blood I can dip my finger in to draw it with.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 08:50:31 am
You have a sufficient amount of blood, but the rune you draw isn't exactly up to par. You notice the strange text on the next page, which you find you can read, actually.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 06:43:50 pm
Read it carefully, getting blood all over the page.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 06:52:28 pm
It reads like it's telling you exactly what it does.

With this spell, the power of shapechanging shall be bestowed upon the user, who stands in the middle of the prepared rune. The ability shall change their outward appearance to reflect the person who they have most recently slain, provided they consume their blood. They will also be able to return to said person's form should they ingest their blood again. The rune shall be activated upon uttering the words: Fetsae numa umbra larchon, aerus fenway acridae solus.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 07:05:09 pm
Practically jump into the rune.

"Fetsae numa umbra larchon! Aerus fenway acridea SOLUS!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 07:07:42 pm
The rune ignites in a red hot glow, disintegrating underneath you.

You look at your hands to find...they don't look different at all. You touch your face, it's still there. Everything's still in order! Did it even work?
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 07:24:29 pm
Find some leftover blood, and lick it up, seeing if that fixes it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 07:25:44 pm
You're still yourself...

A bit of sunlight shining off the mirror of the wardrobe catches your attention.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 07:43:55 pm
Look into the mirror, seeing if my reflection is that of the pig I slaughtered.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 07:45:39 pm
It is indeed. You are now disguised as a chauvinist drunken pig.

You've got more things than you started with, and you see that he's got a handy knapsack on the table near his bed. You could store your stuff in there. You also might want to invest in some jars...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 08:01:47 pm
Decide I'd rather avoid the light for now, and pass the time by bottling up any remaining blood in a jar. Read the other two books, starting with "A Woman's Revenge," wondering if it bares any relevance to my plight.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 08:04:55 pm
Alfred held Rachel down with his strong arms, slowly moving his hand up her leg, to-

YOU'RE PISSED OFF NOW, THIS IS ENTIRELY TOO RELEVANT.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 08:25:04 pm
Stab the fuck out of the book, and smash it through the window, along with the skeleton after I fuck it up some more.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 08:26:18 pm
You snap the skeleton up into more pieces, throwing it out the window.

You might as well get something done now that you're up. You need to remember what you're supposed to be doing. That is to say, killing those bastards that raped and killed you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 08:43:26 pm
And after that, all these human scum, or at least the males...

Put the money, gun, and ammo in my pockets, and put the spellbook, gemstone, and jars in my knapsack. Check to see if I forgot anything.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 08:45:10 pm
You're not missing anything, other than an explanation. That can wait, you guess.

Humans are normally up at this hour. You can't imagine why, it's just so unpleasant. Something tells you that those guys should still be here.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 09:12:52 pm
Look in the mirror, seeing if I can change to normal and back. If I can change to normal but not back, take a small sip of blood.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 09:15:36 pm
You can change back to normal and back again. Easy.

If you were a rapist killer, where would you sleep?
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 22, 2011, 09:32:01 pm
Head for the bar. Even if they don't offer lodging, I might see one of them come in for a few drinks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 22, 2011, 09:38:43 pm
You enter the bar. It's morning, so there aren't very many people here save for two guys in a corner table and the bartender. The bartender acknowledges your entrance.

"Back again? You're looking sober already! Last night you drank enough that I thought you'd be having a hangover for this entire day! What's your secret?" the pudgy bartender asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 23, 2011, 06:03:52 am
Sit down at the bar, and say grimly.

"Having a ghoul I stupidly let into my house kill me and use my own spell-book to steal my skin. I'm having water."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 23, 2011, 08:39:38 am
"...Right, I guess...I guess you're still not quite sober."

The bartender hands you a glass of water. Coughing. "So, you left without saying goodbye to that strange lad you were with."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 23, 2011, 07:49:32 pm
Suddenly become interested, deciding that's just vague enough to be who I'm looking for!

"I talked to a lot of strange lads last night. What did he look like?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 23, 2011, 08:04:59 pm
"He was wearing a turban with a ruby in it...had a sharp beard, mustache, dark complexion. Yeah, he was with four others, but you were the only one he talked to."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 23, 2011, 08:09:53 pm
"What were we talking about, again?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 23, 2011, 08:14:49 pm
"Hell if I know, it was YOUR conversation, not mine to listen to. Really, the whole bunch of them seemed like high-class fellows, you know? Well, if you still want to talk with him, he's the only one that stayed. I think he's upstairs, actually."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 23, 2011, 08:37:20 pm
Realise he isn't making fun of me, and try to remember if he's one of them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 23, 2011, 08:44:09 pm
You would recognize his face. All of them stared at you with that mad look in their eyes while...no. You won't go back there. The bartender is definitely not one of them, but the man upstairs you remember. He just wasn't wearing a turban at the time.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 23, 2011, 09:01:37 pm
Go upstairs and find his room without another word to the waste of meat behind the bar.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 23, 2011, 09:10:27 pm
You begin climbing the stairs. As you reach the second floor above, you see a door in the hallway open. Out steps the man you were just talking about.

He takes one look at you, then his face turns a ghastly pale. His eyes go wide and he runs back in, slamming the door shut. You hear the panicked locking of the door as he jams his key into the hole.

How did he know?
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 07:49:10 am
Welcome this not as a setback, but as an opportunity to make his life a living hell...

Go back down to the bartender, and see if he looks surprised by my appearance. If not, talk to him.

"He looked at me like he saw a ghost, and barricaded himself in his room. I think something might be wrong with him, maybe you should check to see if he's alright."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 08:06:50 am
The bartender doesn't react.

"Well, that isn't exactly MY problem," he says dryly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 08:43:03 am
"He looks like a complete looney. You sure your customers will want to stay here with him? Besides, it doesn't look like he intends to leave his room any time soon, whether he's paid for it or not."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 08:52:12 am
"...Fine."

The bartender walks up with a groan, banging on his door.

There is no response.

"...BUDDY! OPEN UP!" The banging continues.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 03:14:41 pm
"...Is the window big enough to climb out of?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 03:21:23 pm
"Yeah. If he climbed out, I'll give you some compensation if you chase him down for me." The pudgy bartender wipes his brow.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 03:38:51 pm
Kick the door down, and look inside the room.

"I'll catch him instead of paying for the door."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 03:46:11 pm
You enter the room. The window is open, but you smell his fear nearby...under the bed...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 03:56:39 pm
"He's hiding under the bed... Looney. What's wrong with him?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 04:02:19 pm
He screams, then bolts out and through the window.

"I'll forget about the door,  just get after him!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 07:23:40 pm
Rush out the window, and sprint after him, shoving past anyone I need to.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 07:31:37 pm
You're running down main street, but aside from the few odd merchants diving out of your way, you don't have to shove past anyone. This man obviously wasn't prepared for this. He quickly turns, running down an alley and jumping on top of a wagon, pulling himself up to the rooftops!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 08:18:22 pm
Keep chasing, relentless in my hatred, knowing he'll get tired, and I won't.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 08:28:01 pm
He pulls himself wheezing onto the roof of a building, while you calmly jump up and flip onto the top. The man weakly makes an attempt to run away from here, but he's not moving very fast at all.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 08:59:28 pm
Stride towards him, grabbing him by the collar, and turning his head so he can see my throat wound as I pull back part of my cloak, smiling.

"...Poor little fool... struggling so pathetically to escape the trap he laid out for himself..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 09:13:55 pm
"Impossible!" he says in his odd accent. "We killed you! I saw it myself! The wound...it would have killed anyone..." He begins shaking uncontrollably. "Please, spare me, vengeful spirit! I repent!" Sweat drips down his forehead, his greasy mustache and beard shinier than you remember.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 09:35:26 pm
"...Oh, you'll have plenty of time to repent... Just remember... The bartender thinks I'm the man you spoke to last night, because I killed him and drank his blood... Nobody can protect you... I could be anyone... I can hide myself to you, if I want to... Nobody will see me coming the day I cut you open... How about this...? I'll butcher the others alive, and then I'll come for you... You... so helpless... Waiting... Then... one day... a friend approaches you... then... bleeding... screaming..."

Smile wickedly, and hold him by the collar.'
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 09:39:23 pm
He breathes heavily, unsure what to say. You're so close to him, you see your reflection in his wide-eyed stare.

"B-b-but I saw you...you weren't that man! You were-you were the same as you looked on that night! Not for a second did I see you as my acquaintance..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 10:12:27 pm
Laugh, not willing to let on that I want everyone to think he's insane, in case it lets him avoid it.

"Shocked you and seemed normal to him... Your acquaintance had a very useful book... Mine now... I can get you in ways you'll never even suspect... I won't stop... until... you... are... dead..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 10:16:56 pm
"NO! YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS!"

He struggles against your strong grip, but he's not nearly strong enough to break free. That's when you notices he reaches down for something strapped to his hip!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 10:33:08 pm
Quickly grab both of his arms, crushing the arm he reaches for it with.

"I don't have to kill you, I CRAVE to.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 10:37:11 pm
He cries out, attracting the attention of some of the town, you think. You hear screaming.

"...If you let me go, you'll never touch me like this again. I'LL KILL YOU BEFORE YOU HAVE A CHANCE, DEMON!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 24, 2011, 11:02:25 pm
"No sense of sport, have you? Your threats are empty, but your voice is too annoying for a long term victim. Goodbye."

Let my pride get the better of me, reverting to my normal appearance in front of the town. Pull out my shiv, and stab him in the gut viciously, then the chest, while avoiding the heart.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 24, 2011, 11:06:36 pm
It's sad that you won't be having any fun with him.

He gurgles, to your delight as you pull the shank upward, cutting through to his chest. He coughs up blood as red spills out of his torso. The town watches, some pointing, some running and screaming. You, however, are softly laughing. His drifting gaze lazily floats up to you, he appears to be choking on his own tongue.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 26, 2011, 08:05:38 pm
Rip out his tongue and toss it to my adoring fans. Rip off the arm he reached for something with, and check what he had in it, while stabbing him viciously in the crotch.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 26, 2011, 08:10:12 pm
His mouth gurgles out blood as he does something similar to screaming, his genitalia savagely destroyed. In his hand he held a jeweled dagger, a ruby set in the pommel, and etchings along the blade that depict hieroglyphs or something similar. It has a nice hand guard and sheath, too.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 26, 2011, 08:32:57 pm
"AWWWW, You shouldn't have!"

Take a bite out of his arm before chucking it down, and pocketing the shank. Stab him in many, many places up his other arm, and slice open his chest, ripping out his heart. Take out a jar from my knapsack, and squeeze it into it as he watches. Screw the top back on, and look him into the eyes a final time.

"I have to thank you... All this power, all this hatred, all this murder... Thanks to you..."

Slit his throat.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 26, 2011, 08:37:44 pm
Air whistles out of the bleeding wound as he silently kneels in front of you, mouth agape, eyes wide. Slowly, he falls backward, his turban rolling off of his head and into the crowd that has gathered around. They're all watching and screaming, but you might as well make a last statement to the audience before leaving your stage.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 26, 2011, 08:58:16 pm
Rip off his head, and stand up, holding it by the hair, raising it high as a warning. Let the bastards run, I have all the time in the world...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 26, 2011, 09:04:21 pm
They definitely run, you simply stand and watch as they do. For a while, you wonder about the other four men, and how you're going to go about finding them. They don't seem to be here, in this town. You wonder...perhaps you should go back to this gentleman's room, look around.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 26, 2011, 09:21:14 pm
I was referring to the men who killed me, but I can't come up with something badass to say, regardless.

Think about my taste-buds first and foremost, devouring my well-deserved feast.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 26, 2011, 09:27:48 pm
You tear through his soft, expensive clothing to get to the hidden treat underneath!

You feel a little overfed by the time you're done. Actually, you might be able to hold off feeding for several days now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 26, 2011, 09:42:59 pm
Feel pleased with myself, and loot his body for anything else he had on him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 26, 2011, 09:49:46 pm
He has nothing else. You stand up, noticing a small militia getting assembled.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 27, 2011, 08:26:59 pm
Decide it was kind of them, and take out my pistol, accepting their offer of target practice. Aim for the heads.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 27, 2011, 08:42:56 pm
You shoot your pistol, hitting one of them in the chest! You take cover as the others return fire!

Wait, something's not right...you don't recall how to reload these things, actually. You know it requires powder and wadding and lead, but how in the bloody hell are you supposed to do it? You didn't think this through!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 27, 2011, 08:47:31 pm
Decide I'll get back at them for catching me out later... Run across the rooftops with my new dagger, and smash in through the window of my victim's room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 27, 2011, 08:55:16 pm
You smash the window, seeing the door still unhinged and that the bartender has gone to do other things.

Well, you're alone for the time being. The man has a wardrobe and trunk to look through, so there are those two things.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 27, 2011, 09:08:13 pm
Pillage the trunk and wardrobe.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 27, 2011, 09:12:47 pm
This prince was traveling lightly. He has little more than a single change of clothes, and a saber. His trunk has little else as well.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 27, 2011, 09:27:44 pm
Walk downstairs, hoping to find the bartender.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 27, 2011, 09:30:19 pm
The bartender is still here, an empty bar surrounds him.

"Any luck?" he asks flatly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 27, 2011, 10:21:16 pm
"Oh, I'm still disguised? Silly me."

Drop the disguise.

"Yeah, killed him pretty brutally. Thanks for your help. One step closer to avenging my death..."

Be ready for any sudden movements.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 27, 2011, 10:31:33 pm
He isn't sudden, but he rolls behind the bar, yelling. His disgusting form has stained your eyes long enough.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 28, 2011, 09:03:28 am
"Now, everybody saw me as that man from earlier, and the man who killed me is dead. You, however, are fairly inconspicuous. I'm in a good mood, so I'll make it relatively quick."

Hop over the bar, and grab him, driving my dagger repeatedly into his huge stomach.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 28, 2011, 10:23:31 am
He screams and gurgles delightfully as you end his life. The bar is silent, empty.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 28, 2011, 07:12:38 pm
Drink some of his blood, deciding he's not worth using a jar on, and rip open some floorboards, ripping his body into small pieces and shoving them under before closing it off again. Get cleaning up the blood, and become totally inconspicuous.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 28, 2011, 07:31:29 pm
You realize you're just dumping his body into a basement, but it's good enough.

...Waiting is boring to you. What's the worst that those men outside could do to you if they saw you? Shoot in your general direction and miss completely?
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 28, 2011, 08:35:26 pm
Pick up my knapsack, and head out, looking for some sort of coach service to get me to where I think the other men are.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 28, 2011, 08:44:06 pm
There aren't any coaches. You guess you can walk, although the sun feels a bit unpleasant. They certainly didn't leave in the same direction they went to kill you, so obviously they took the road north, out of town. You have a bag with a few daggers, a gun, ammo, a spellbook, two jars of blood, and a precious gemstone. You think you're set.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 28, 2011, 09:01:43 pm
Go find somewhere that sells or manufactures guns, in the hope that they can teach me how to reload.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 28, 2011, 09:07:51 pm
As you walk across town, you see the militia spreading out on patrol. They're going from door to door, asking around. You do, however, find a local gunsmith. Perhaps you could learn some more about guns from him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 28, 2011, 09:24:15 pm
Let my ego get the better of me again, and put off the gunsmith for now. Go listen to what the militia are saying about me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 28, 2011, 09:33:11 pm
"Excuse me sir, but have you seen a woman in a bloodied black and red cloak running around? She's wanted for the murder of the Prince of Padinua."
"I'm sorry, I haven't the slightest idea."
"Thanks for your time."

"The way she grinned at us, just before she fired off that shot...and then she revealed that gaping throat wound...I tell you, that's not normal."

"Yeah, and then she started EATING him...sick..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 29, 2011, 08:51:41 am
Smile to myself, and head into the gunsmith's.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 29, 2011, 08:55:51 am
An aged man with an admirable beard and mustache looks up as you enter. "Something I can do for you, sir?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 29, 2011, 09:00:02 am
"...Did you just call me si- No, sorry, nevermind. Can you show me how to load one of these?"
Get out the pistol and the ammo, setting in on his counter.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 29, 2011, 09:22:27 am
The man looks over the pistol for a few seconds before proceeding to insert some powder, wadding, and a round into the chamber. You think it looks simple enough.

"That should do it. Anything else?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 29, 2011, 07:32:27 pm
Snatch my stuff back, and put it away.

"No. Bye."

Walk out, wondering if socialising without threats is always this sickening.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 29, 2011, 07:37:25 pm
You can't remember the last time you had to have a polite conversation with someone. In fact, you don't remember very much at all.

Storming out, the militia is still at it. It looks like authorities are out examining your nice urban mural that you just made.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 29, 2011, 08:16:30 pm
Walk up to one of the men investigating it.

"This is terrible for business! As a citizen I demand to know what you're doing to stop this!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 29, 2011, 08:20:09 pm
One of the men turns to you. "Sorry miss, but under the laws of this kingdom, we are not the ones who will investigate this. This counts as a political assassination. The royal guard of Padinua will take care of all of these matters. The killer is assumed to be an assassin working for some other country. If we find her and connect her to any nation, then war will most likely be declared."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 29, 2011, 08:47:38 pm
Come up with a wonderful, devious, BRILLIANT plan.

"We have business to think of! What countries do you think it could be? I don't want to invest in trade with somewhere that could be at war very shortly!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 29, 2011, 08:50:54 pm
"I don't know, but the Prince was extremely conservative. It was probably a reactionary country that was responsible."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 29, 2011, 09:22:35 pm
Feign outrage.

"I didn't go to your fancy school! What are the reactionary countries? Just give me the name of ONE I should be careful with!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 29, 2011, 09:26:28 pm
"Well, Lavania has been going through a notable reactionary movement. Things have gotten really violent down there, like mobs tearing apart conservatives and loyalists in the streets! Madness, really." The man scratches his nose.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 29, 2011, 09:52:15 pm
"I'M CANCELLING MY AGREEMENTS NOW!"

Run off, and decide this plan needs a bit more than some words in order to be convincing. Find a more clean, quiet area, preferably one of political or religious significance. Hide somewhere near a small group of people, then reveal myself, jump out and see how many I can stab. Wipe the corpses along the ground to spell "LONG LIVE LAVANIA" in as large letters as I can fit. Run off and hide somewhere again, turning back into the bartender, and walking back to see my flowers of chaos blooming.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 29, 2011, 09:54:34 pm
You stab several people near the local church. Your gesture is hardly forgotten as you stab several men and women before running off wildly.

When you come back, it seems everybody is riled up at this.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 30, 2011, 08:36:09 am
Go listen carefully to the crowds, see if they believe my false allegiance.

It's funny, how one woman can destroy the world...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 30, 2011, 08:43:06 am
"But it just doesn't make sense! They kill the Prince of Padinua but then they come after citizens of Schulia?"

"A setup!" says another.

Nobody seems to have been fooled....

"This is obviously a radical who works on their own!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 30, 2011, 09:01:38 am
Suddenly fake panic.

"But what if Lavania is against BOTH our nations?!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 30, 2011, 09:04:48 am
"Nonsense! They've been our allies for years!"

Perhaps causing total world war is harder than just a murder and a bunch of stabbings.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 31, 2011, 03:34:18 pm
"...But why would one person set this up?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 31, 2011, 03:47:30 pm
"Well, surely this one person is crazed and possessed by evil! We must find them and do something!"

The crowd runs off elsewhere. You're left alone.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 31, 2011, 07:48:56 pm
"FUCKING FUCK FUCK YOU INGRATEFUL PIECES OF SHIT INCAPABLE OF SEEING ART!"

Go look around, seeing if I can find the royal guard the investigator mentioned, assuming they have exotic clothing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 31, 2011, 07:52:40 pm
You don't see anybody with any such profile. Really, why would the prince be left unguarded and alone in his inn room to be chased down and murdered in front of a crowd by the likes of you? The royal guard should have already been there!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 31, 2011, 08:12:12 pm
This is either remarkable luck, or some form of conspiracy...

Decide whether it's a good idea to journey onward the old fashioned way. Hide in a dark alleyway, then when somebody walks through, reveal myself, slit their stomach open, and try to keep them still as I pull out the entrails to inspect them for blemishes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 31, 2011, 08:16:36 pm
You Jack the Ripper this shit and kill one of the militiamen passing by, noting his fine beard and mustache along with his lean frame and good complexion. You put a hand over his mouth as your knife slowly opens up his intestinal tract, lengths of intestine falling onto the ground. The man struggles weakly as you feel compelled to use his small intestines as jump rope. But blemishes, you're pretty sure you don't see any.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on August 31, 2011, 08:39:16 pm
Decide that if it's good enough for an ancient wedding, it must be good enough for travel.

"Thanks for your help, let me get those back in for you..."

Shove his entrails back into his wound and leave. Disguise myself again while out of sight, and head for the city gates.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on August 31, 2011, 08:42:58 pm
The gates are on higher guard, but they'll probably let you through with your current appearance. As you approach, one of the militiamen questions you.

"Where are you going, sir? It's dangerous, there's a psychotic killer at large, and it's not completely safe to leave the town."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 11:48:21 am
"As far as I know, all the killings have been INSIDE the city! I'm getting out while I still can, and everybody else should do the same!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 11:53:23 am
"Alright, buddy. Just get the word out about this, okay?"

The guards let you pass, the country road beyond the gates visible for a long distance. The plan to instigate total war isn't going smoothly, so perhaps you should focus more on just getting your revenge? On top of that, you've got a jar of the prince's blood, which could provide you with endless hours of fun if used correctly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 12:06:05 pm
Decide I've got little idea where the men are anyway, and start walking in the general direction of Paudina for maximum abuse of the blood.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 12:10:03 pm
You start walking down the road. You're not quite sure which way to go, but this is the road out of town. You continue along, into the night. Eventually you come upon a grove of trees, a fiery glow coming from within...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 12:16:26 pm
People... fire... I've never killed with fire before...

Walk into the grove.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 12:32:21 pm
As you walk further in, you hear delightful screaming, and a cackle inane enough to rival your own...

The clearing reveals a man tied to a post, in flames. There is a man in front of him, dressed in a blood red robe.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 12:56:36 pm
"Why, hello there... Can I join in?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 01:08:19 pm
The man stops laughing, slowly turning. The only sounds in the surrounding area are those of the crackle of the fire, the chirping of crickets, and the screaming, of course. You view a porcelain mask on the man's face, a theater comedy mask, a face laughing a joyous laughter. It's white, but appears somewhat charred.

"Well, if you'd like to, I don't see why not...miss? Your disguise is quite poor, I'm afraid."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 01:39:59 pm
Drop the disguise.

"It fools humans, but I forgot I had it on there. Now, let's see what I can do to him while he's still burning!"

Pull out the vial of the blood of the first man I killed, and throw it all over the burning man to see if it boils on him or something. Otherwise, get out my bone and start stabbing his genitalia.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 01:54:59 pm
The blood doesn't do much.

The stabbing produces a result, but you can't tell how much screaming is from the fire, and how much from the stabbing.

"That's a sloppy way of going about it!" remarks the man.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 02:38:14 pm
Start ripping out his entrails and wrapping them around the pole like tinsel on a Christmas tree.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 02:39:57 pm
"Messy girl," the man says as you do so. The man on the pole seems to have become deceased after you finish, he's burnt and mutilated.

Well, your meal's been cooked. But who is this man...?
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 03:03:20 pm
Start eating the entrails while talking to him.

"So who're you? I'm undead and I like killing, but that's about it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 03:07:18 pm
"You may call me Pyro Phlogiston, madame. I am lord of the flame, and I use the cleansing fires of immolation to accomplish my works..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 03:17:20 pm
"So you burn stuff and kill people? Cool."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 03:20:36 pm
"Yes..."

There's a silence that follows that's slightly longer than you would like it to be.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 05:12:51 pm
"I'm avenging my death. Come with? I'll let you burn shit down on the way."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 05:20:54 pm
If you could see his face through the mask, you think he'd be smiling.

"I'd be delighted..."

With a snap of his fingers, he lights the grove on fire.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 06:22:31 pm
Ooh at the flames, and keep walking, happy to have found another entity I can relate to.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 06:40:40 pm
You keep walking, Pyro remaining untalkative save for the occasional giggle. You walk for a few hours before you feel awfully bored.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 01, 2011, 06:54:39 pm
Read random pages from my spellbook while walking, letting Pyro read over my shoulder if he wants.

"So how good is this spellbook? Just happened to be in the trunk of some chauvinist drunkard who's face I bit off in his own room."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 01, 2011, 07:05:39 pm
"Judging from that little spell you had, not too good! The guy probably found it and just stored it away because he couldn't use it, which is actually quite funny!"

You look over the book, seeing various runes for various spells, not really seeing anything that eyecatching. Sure, there are a few spells here and there, but they require special materials. There's one that allows you to take on the form of a wolf, but that requires powdered wolf bones! A spell for granting charm ability requires a day's preparation, the heart of a virgin maiden, a few ounces of gold, and water taken from the roots of a maple tree! So specific!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 02, 2011, 11:41:05 am
Decide that could be useful anyway, and put the book away, keeping an eye out for maple trees as I walk.

"Bah, humans! What are you, anyway?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 02, 2011, 12:01:11 pm
"Now now, I hardly know you! I'll tell you, I've had run-ins with many people like you before, and just because we both have an interest doesn't mean I tell my story to everyone! Besides, I don't believe you told me your name, even!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 02, 2011, 12:14:41 pm
Shrug.

"Having your throat slit does a number on your memory. Call me whatever."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 02, 2011, 12:17:09 pm
"Fine, Whatever! So, Whatever, what are you looking forward to doing in the near future, if I may ask?" Pyro juggles a few flames, his mask ever smiling.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 02, 2011, 12:32:27 pm
"Killing and eating people. Why?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 02, 2011, 12:39:06 pm
"Well, it's just that you seem to have a taste for the raw flesh, correct? We both have our own ways of doing things, Whatever, and I prefer to burn my victims to death! Cleanse them! I'm just saying this now, because the meat of my victims will always end up well done!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 02, 2011, 08:07:25 pm
"As long as you leave the inside pink, I'm fine."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 02, 2011, 08:10:43 pm
"I guess I COULD have some practice with precision. Any particular place we're headed? Need anything in particular, Whatever?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 03, 2011, 07:17:12 pm
"We travel on and kill people until I find the ones who killed me. If I can start a few wars, cool. Also, got any gold? Nice looking charm spell in here, and keep an eye out for maple trees."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 03, 2011, 08:54:17 pm
"I have no use for material possessions. They all must burn..."

Is that a maple tree in the distance? You're not quite sure.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 04, 2011, 06:00:38 pm
"What about your mask? That's material!"

Run over and dig up the roots, trying to get some water into the empty jar.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 04, 2011, 06:10:31 pm
You run out to the tree, getting dirt under your nails and unearthing worms as you grab and pull at a spindly root, twisting and shredding it to release the water into the jar. As you do this, however, you realize that you're out of empty jars, though.

"It's...completely necessary," says Pyro as he adjusts his mask.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 04, 2011, 06:31:33 pm
Lick the jar with the drunkard's blood clean, and use that.

"Burnt-up face? Delightfully ironic! Lemme see!"

Show him my throat wound.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 04, 2011, 06:36:17 pm
"I am a skilled fire wizard...not a burn victim. Besides, you choose to show everyone that gaping wound." He speaks no more on the subject matter.

You had enough jars for the blood and the water, but you're out now, is what was meant.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 04, 2011, 06:45:55 pm
"Come on... Show me your face and I'll tell you a secret... At least tell me what you're hiding under that material possession!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 04, 2011, 06:48:19 pm
"I can't trust you just yet! We met just hours ago! Besides, what secrets could you possibly know that I don't? You were resurrected with amnesia!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 05, 2011, 04:16:34 pm
"Selective amnesia! I still remember the important things! Besides, what harm could it do to tell me?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 05, 2011, 04:19:25 pm
"I don't want to! Now, there's a city in the distance, are we going there or not?"

Pyro is extremely defensive of this issue. Then again, he could just be crazy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 05, 2011, 04:36:01 pm
"Come onnnnnn, I bet you look cute under it!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 05, 2011, 04:40:12 pm
"ENOUGH!!!"

An aura of fire flares up, surrounding Pyro, the ground and grass scorching around him. You see a few bugs go up in flame and fall to the ground as they are engulfed by it.

"THE MASK STAYS."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 05, 2011, 04:54:53 pm
Become amused, excited, and even more curious by this.

"PLEASE? You're just making me want to see you without it more!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 05, 2011, 04:57:48 pm
His response is delayed by his growling long enough for you to realize that a small piece of your cloak is on fire.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 05, 2011, 05:14:11 pm
Stop drop and roll, laughing.

"You're so insecure!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 05, 2011, 05:19:42 pm
You look up to see Pyro ignite in a ball of fire, zooming across the fields! He seems to have escaped you, for now...

But if he wasn't covering up his status as a burn victim, then why hide his face?
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 05, 2011, 05:23:35 pm
"OH COME ON, PYRO! I'LL DROP IT! GOD, YOU'RE NOT FUN AT ALL!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 05, 2011, 05:30:22 pm
He doesn't turn back until zooming around a forest grove several times, lighting it aflame before coming back at a high speed. He stands before you, his frame smoking yet not burnt.

"Not another word of this..." He continues walking.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 05, 2011, 06:37:51 pm
"Aww, I guess I'll eat some people then. Can we go look around the city before we kill everything with fire?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 05, 2011, 06:40:53 pm
"I was assuming you'd want your own personal revenge. Yes, we'll do whatever you feel like before I burn everything beautifully. I hope I can control myself long enough..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 05, 2011, 07:19:13 pm
Concentrate deeply, feeling out towards the city, trying to sense the subjects of my hatred.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 05, 2011, 07:27:09 pm
You can't be certain from this distance, but something is definitely there that you feel intense hatred for. It seems somewhat pervasive, but at the same time concentrated in a particular part of town.

You reach the gates, a few guards looking at you and your companion.

"What's your business here?" one asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 05, 2011, 07:58:55 pm
"We're a pair of very talented stage performers, here for the third edition of the play based on "A Woman's Revenge." We're really looking forward to the production, it's always nice to see the vibrant colours on the set, to hear the actors talking as if they're entirely different people in entirely different times and places! I love to discuss acting techniques with them, too. I met a man who called himself John Port, and we discussed acting for HOURS! He has this famous technique called sub-line performance, in which much of the emotion comes from what the character's words and actions imply, rather than how they seem to feel. Acting's great for meeting new people, too, have you ever tried it? I'm always meeting new people, do you meet a lot of interesting people guarding the gates? Oh I suppose you meet a lot of wackos who talk and talk as if they think you care what they say, but it's not like that in show-business. Well, there was this one time when the man in charge started talking to me about this technique in which..."

Keep going on and on and on and on like an easily excited actor until they can't take it anymore and let us in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 05, 2011, 08:03:05 pm
The man seems disinterested after five seconds and waves his hand, the gate opening behind him.

"Alright! Have a good time acting, then! I'll tell all my friends to see it, thank you, goodbye!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 07, 2011, 02:02:22 pm
Walk in, smiling smugly to Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 07, 2011, 02:13:12 pm
You think Pyro would be rolling his eyes right now. You can't be for sure, though.

You step into the town square, noticing that the streets are lit up with lines of hanging lanterns, a lot of dancing and celebration taking place.

"Lively human celebrations, must be a harvest festival or something!" says Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 07, 2011, 02:32:48 pm
Whisper to him.

"...This is sickening... Let's find one of my killers and burn this hellhole down already."

Close my eyes, mentally searching for my killer.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 07, 2011, 02:45:36 pm
Your sixth sense is overwhelmed by the auras of everybody in this wretched crowd! You can't read anything clearly, and end up feeling quite woozy.

"You had the most ridiculous look on your face just now," says Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 07, 2011, 03:12:39 pm
"Says the one who doesn't have a face!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 07, 2011, 03:23:32 pm
"...This mask is my face."

Does he or does he not want to talk about his mask?

There are several pubs and stores in the area, perhaps you might ask around.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 07, 2011, 06:05:27 pm
"You could have bought a better one than that, you know."

Try to recall the appearance of the one in particular I think is in the city.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 07, 2011, 06:13:46 pm
The second man in line was bearded, but not too much. He had a noticeably large knife on his person, attached to his belt opposite his hip flask. A red band of cloth was tied around his head, holding back his long dark hair. He wore a commoner's clothing, but his lexicon was clearly above that class...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 07, 2011, 06:25:43 pm
Slip into an alleyway, walking out as the Prince of Paudina. Watch peoples' reactions to determine whether the news has reached here.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 07, 2011, 06:31:32 pm
There are few reactions.

In fact, there aren't any reactions at all! Do they know who you are, even? How rude! The least they could do would be to comment your nice dress!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 07, 2011, 06:47:50 pm
Walk into the nearest bar a little pissed off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 07, 2011, 06:56:47 pm
You walk into the bar known as "The Lazy Eye." Quite a dreadful-sounding name if there ever was one.

You know, the bartender here looks a lot like the last one. The resemblance is uncanny. Patrons laugh and sing and drink at their tables, eating their meals and the like. There are a few spots open at the bar.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 08, 2011, 06:24:35 pm
Walk up to the bartender.

"You seen a man with long, black hair?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 08, 2011, 06:28:50 pm
The bartender scoffs. "I've seen like 50 of 'em! You look like a fine gentleman, sir. What would you like?"

Not helping.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 08, 2011, 06:41:21 pm
"Slightly bearded, might have a red headband."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 08, 2011, 06:49:42 pm
"I have no idea. Well, how are you enjoying the festival? The renowned hero Francis Morgan is in town for it!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 08, 2011, 07:01:13 pm
Decide that if a prince was involved, a hero isn't much of a stretch.

"Really? Know where he's staying?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 08, 2011, 07:05:01 pm
"He stays in the nearby castle fortress, a personal room all to himself! But I don't think you'll be able to get in to meet him, he's kept to himself a bit, and he's turning away visitors."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 09, 2011, 08:34:43 pm
Suddenly walk out and go look for the castle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 09, 2011, 08:42:25 pm
The castle is way up on a hill outside of town. The happy atmosphere outside with all the music is sickening, though. You doubt you'd be able to stomach walking through the streets, through this crowd of dumb pillocks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 09, 2011, 08:47:36 pm
Cross the city with my ears covered, taking deep breaths. Find somewhere that sells gold.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 09, 2011, 08:55:38 pm
You're highly doubtful that you'd be able to find any place at this time, seeing as how all the shops are closed and locked up for the night. That, and there don't appear to be any jewelers in the area. You feel the oddly pleasant sensation of air whistling in and out of your neck wound...it's strangely calming, actually, and it tickles a bit.

Pyro simply chuckles behind you as you run through the crowd in such a ridiculous manner.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 10, 2011, 08:34:51 pm
Keep moving for the castle, at any cost.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 10, 2011, 08:45:47 pm
You run through the crowds, the castle appearing overhead, throngs of people on the path up to it. You eventually reach a closed gate, the surrounding perimeter dug out at least 20 feet, forming an unfilled moat of sorts.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 11, 2011, 06:00:34 pm
Call out.

"I am the Prince of Paudina, and I request shelter."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 11, 2011, 06:07:33 pm
Nobody seems to be paying attention to you from behind the gate, including the sentries on top of the wall. The din of the crowd is too loud, perhaps.

"Why are you trying to take such a diplomatic approach suddenly?" giggles Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 11, 2011, 06:23:58 pm
"If the Prince of Paudina kills a national hero in cold blood... WAR."

Try waving to the sentries, while examining their positions and patrols to see if it's possible to climb over undetected.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 11, 2011, 06:29:57 pm
You notice that these sentries seem quite stationary, actually. There are two on either side of the gate, one positioned on each corner tower. The only real challenge is the incomplete moat, which forms a perimeter of about 20 feet between the castle wall and the ground you're standing on.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 12, 2011, 05:42:26 pm
Find a part with a stone jutting out, and take a running jump, trying to grab it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 12, 2011, 05:47:32 pm
You take a running leap!

You slide down several meters as you finally find a grip on the rocky side of the wall, finding your gripping quite precarious. You're actually not quite sure what might happen if you fall, and the thought of it is still unnerving for you. Death, you've already been dead and still you are intimidated by it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 12, 2011, 06:00:25 pm
Slowly climb up, pondering what Pyro said, wondering who would reanimate me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 12, 2011, 06:11:23 pm
You start climbing up the wall, past a laughing Pyro as you slowly ascend. You're not quite sure why someone would reanimate you, but you do find it odd that you only remember so much after your resurrection. You don't know your past, but you know everybody who killed you...

That blade...the blade that man used is what scares you the most in this world...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 12, 2011, 06:14:58 pm
Sneak over the wall, heading for the place most likely to hold my mark, struggling to remember whatever I can about the blade.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 12, 2011, 06:22:39 pm
You reach the top of the wall, climbing up top. You remember the blade perfectly. It has a silver outlining on the blade, the inner blade black with gold-lettered symbols etched into it. It has a large weaving iron crossguard, and a hilt wrapped in dragon leather...

It knows your alive...it thirsts to slay you again...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 12, 2011, 06:35:13 pm
Become overwhelmed by fury at being slain before, and duck into cover,  before revealing myself. Everyone will know exactly who slaughtered this fucker and stole his bloodthirsty trinket.

Assuming I'm on the roof of the fort, find a trapdoor in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 12, 2011, 06:38:49 pm
No, this wasn't that man...it was someone else.

You suspect that there are trapdoors on each of the corner towers, but they have guards stationed on each of them. It'll only take a brisk walk over to them to solve that problem, though.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 12, 2011, 07:06:32 pm
Regain my cool, and revert to the prince. Get onto one of the corner towers, sneaking up behind a guard, and shoving him off it, paying attention to his screaming, and the delicious splat.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 12, 2011, 07:11:59 pm
He sounds like a walrus as he falls!

You're quite sure he bounces at least five feet at the bottom, too!

You look around the tower, noticing that there is a trapdoor to below on it. Also on it are a cannon and cannonballs!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 13, 2011, 06:14:51 pm
The distraction is too good to miss!

Climb down and take a stab at loading, aiming, and firing a cannon at the town. Stay a safe distance away when I fire.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 13, 2011, 06:22:29 pm
You follow the same general steps taken for loading your pistol, but find yourself short of a light...

Pyro appears in a puff of smoke. "Need my assistance? Well, thanks for calling!" He lights the fuse, it burns down before a loud BOOM sends the cannonball flying off! You watch as it sails into the distance, crashing into the side of a building! The crowd below has a mixed reaction of the event, and the other guards up here are alerted, running over to you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 13, 2011, 06:42:28 pm
"MORE! MORE!"

Quickly load the rest, and take out my two daggers, attacking the guards.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 13, 2011, 06:45:39 pm
You deflect the swipe of one and then stab him in the back of the neck! You simply hurl another off of the side! Two more are coming, but are quickly set aflame by Pyro! Another has gone down, about to alert the others!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 14, 2011, 05:45:59 pm
Pounce on him, stabbing both blades repeatedly into his spine, before ripping it out and throwing it away.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 14, 2011, 05:51:48 pm
The man sags over like an empty sack. You've successfully rid the rooftop of guards. Now, into the castle...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 14, 2011, 06:01:43 pm
"You did good, Pyro. Feel free to burn whoever, but the so-called hero is mine..."

Sneak into the castle, quickly yet quietly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 14, 2011, 06:11:44 pm
You enter a cramped spiral staircase, circling downwards. However, as you descend the tower, you hear the stomping of boots coming up the other way...

It seems that people take note when cannons fire off for little reason.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 14, 2011, 06:23:44 pm
"WHAT KIND OF COMPETENT ESTABLISHMENT IS THIS?"

Run down the staircase, trying to stab the soldiers, or shove them off the side.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 14, 2011, 06:26:59 pm
You kick the first one in the chest, sending him tumbling backwards, knocking over everyone else! It's still a ways down, you hear their armor scrape against the stone walls, their cries of pain...

Pyro vanishes again in a puff of smoke, probably appearing at the bottom of the staircase.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 17, 2011, 07:35:18 pm
Keep rushing forward, determined to get to the man before he escapes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 17, 2011, 07:58:07 pm
You spear through two guards, standing in the middle of a hallway. There is a set of double doors in front of you, as well as two sets of stairs leading down.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 17, 2011, 08:06:11 pm
Decide that the double doors likely lead to fewer more junctions, and kick them down.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 17, 2011, 09:03:32 pm
You enter the door, standing in a mess hall of sorts. Several guards have taken positions on the other side of the room, behind a long table they all have swords.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 18, 2011, 05:48:02 am
Check to see if this is a dead end.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 18, 2011, 11:41:52 am
It is not a dead end, seeing as there are doors on either side in the middle of the room, and another at the other end. If you want to navigate through this castle, it might be wisest to stick to a middle path before going upwards, as your target is most likely on an upper floor nearer the middle of this fortress.

The men charge around the table, a few coming from either side!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 18, 2011, 05:48:00 pm
Run across the table, slashing and parrying. Head for the opposite doors.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 18, 2011, 06:01:59 pm
You run across the table, knocking over glasses and other decorative furnishings as you slash at the oncoming guards, surprised that they didn't think to jump on top of the table. You bust through the door, finding yourself in a hallway. On either side at the end appears to be a staircase, with two rooms to your immediate left and right.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 18, 2011, 06:05:33 pm
Rush for the left staircase, and keep looking for more ways up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 18, 2011, 06:14:52 pm
You go upwards, finding yourself in another hallway with another set of stairs in front of you. You run up once more, finding yourself in a hallway with a single door at the end. Could this be where the hero resides?
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 18, 2011, 06:25:17 pm
Only one way to find out.
Charge, and kick the door off its hinges.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 18, 2011, 06:33:46 pm
Your foot knocks the door open, revealing a study of sorts behind the door. In here there is a desk with various trinkets on it, as well as an oil lamp. There are two bookshelves, and various artifacts hung on the walls. You see several chairs, and a carpet in the middle of the room. In one of the chairs sits the so-called hero, slumped over.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 18, 2011, 06:46:29 pm
Realise something is definately amiss. Quickly check the room for any potential traps before approaching the man, tilting his head back, and checking his pupils.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 18, 2011, 07:00:37 pm
You don't find any tripwires or pressure plates, but you observe that there is a spilled cup of tea lying on the floor at the hero's feet, his clothing stained with it. You lift up his head, revealing his horrid expression of pain and death. He is clearly deceased.

But wait, this hero isn't anyone you hold any sort of grudge against! He isn't who you thought he was! He looks nothing like any of the men you have to kill!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 18, 2011, 07:10:13 pm
Take a few, deep breaths.

And a few more.

And a few more.

DECIDE THAT ISN'T WORKING AND LOOK FOR NICE THINGS TO STEAL TO TRY TO CALM ME DOWN.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 18, 2011, 07:19:12 pm
Wait, what's this?

A large blue egg lays on a table in the corner of the room, under several lamps, wrapped in blankets...it looks valuable...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 18, 2011, 07:30:32 pm
Calmly stab the guy in the face so that it looks like I did it, and pick up the egg, carefully wrapping it in the blankets. Examine the artifacts while stroking my new baby.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 18, 2011, 07:36:51 pm
They're plaques and shields, mostly, as well as a few swords that you honestly couldn't care less about. Pyro appears in the room.

"Well, what are you looking at here?" he says as he picks up a reddish-colored sword with a silvery grip. "Outdated trinkets? Ooh, that's a beauty you're holding there..." He leans in, looking at the egg in your arms.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 18, 2011, 07:51:21 pm
"The vague hero turned out to be a vague stranger who was dead when I got here, but I think this might be a dragon egg..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 18, 2011, 07:53:52 pm
"Well, you don't have to tell me that! But say, who do you think killed him?"

A gaunt man walks through the door, appearing freshly-shaven and wearing somewhat formal attire. Upon seeing you, he draws a dagger. "Who the hell are you!? Put that egg down this instant!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 19, 2011, 05:54:04 pm
"I happen to be of Paudinian royalty, and so I feel entitled to this egg. The better question is, who do you think you are to command me? My associate here needs no permission to destroy you should he want to... I advise you lower that thimble."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 19, 2011, 05:58:22 pm
"Ha! You're about as royal as I am a servant! Who are you, really? And that egg? We were here to take it first. I wouldn't advise your friend to attack me, unless he wants to take all of us on..."

Pyro looks back at you, giving a small shrug.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 19, 2011, 06:42:45 pm
"Not up to date on foreign politics? Alright then."

Drop the disguise, and set the egg down somewhere he can't easily get it, behind me. Draw my daggers.

"I came here for a whimsical afternoon of chaos and murder, but this egg is pretty. I honestly don't fancy your odds considering we had to fight our way here in the first place. Pyro, I don't intend for this conversation to go anywhere."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 19, 2011, 07:03:02 pm
Pyro squees with delight, then snaps his fingers.

The room is now on fire.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 21, 2011, 06:16:13 pm
"It's all yours, Pyro!"

Clutch my egg tightly, and let him have his fun.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 21, 2011, 06:26:16 pm
The thief, whoever he is, quickly throws his knife before running out, a jet of Pyro's flame hitting the wall behind him! You laugh at the coward's display of strength, but your laugh quickly subsides as you realize just how lucky a shot he made.

The knife cut the strap on your bag! The contents have spilled onto the floor, including the blood, roots, THE BOOK!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 21, 2011, 06:52:17 pm
"Fucker! He got a lucky shot! Please calm down the flames for a second!"

Try to grab all my stuff, and find a new container, even a temporary one.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 21, 2011, 06:55:45 pm
It's no use! The fire has done its damage, the book charred and the blood soaking into the carpet, drying up! No, IT'S ALL RUINED!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 22, 2011, 06:04:02 pm
"HOLD THIS."

Hand Pyro the egg and sprint after the fucker who ruined my charm spell.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 22, 2011, 06:16:44 pm
You're not sure that's the best idea, but you do it anyway. Pyro quells the fire while you run out, seeing the false-servant running down the hallway, another dagger in his hand! He's yelling something into a stone secured around his neck by a pendant!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 22, 2011, 06:25:00 pm
Chase him recklessy, and try to rip his arms off before stabbing my thumbs into his throat.

"YOU BURNT MY SPELLBOOK YOU LITTLE SHIT."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 22, 2011, 06:28:22 pm
"THAT WAS YOUR FRIEND'S FAULT YOU SHE-DEVIL WHORE!"

He does a quick turn, getting another lucky shot on you by kicking your stomach before you were able to anticipate that his retreat was some coward-bastard tactic of his!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 25, 2011, 09:11:07 am
THROW THE FUCKING BONE AT HIM.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 25, 2011, 10:49:13 am
You throw the dagger, it pierces his back, causing him to trip and fall down the stairs! You hear him scrambling to get up at the bottom, but you think you've sufficiently injured your prey...

A sudden jolt of lightning hits you from the back! You collapse momentarily, viewing a robed figure not unlike your own!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 25, 2011, 10:51:49 am
"I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON ANYMORE BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER. DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE."

Roll towards the figure, trying to slash savagely at it as I get up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 25, 2011, 11:10:35 am
The figure grabs your arm, twisting it back as it jumps over you before kicking you forward and running down the stairs!

Well, it's off to SOMEWHERE in a hurry!

Pyro comes out of the room. "I smell magic! Can I come out now?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 25, 2011, 06:13:55 pm
"BURN THE WHOLE PLACE DOWN. KILL EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING EXCEPT US, EVEN IF I CHANGE MY MIND LATER. EXCEPT THAT FUCKER WITH THE LIGHTNING. HE'S MINE."

Run after them and look for my bone-dagger, then remember the egg and run back for it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 25, 2011, 06:17:54 pm
Pyro is holding the egg like you told him to. As you run down the stairs, you see no bone-dagger anywhere, suggesting the man carried it off with him.

There's a few blood spatters on the floor, but after following it you're only successful in moving into a line of unsuspecting guards asking each other about what the hell just happened. There's one guard lying dead, his hair burnt off and his face charred a bit. Pyro takes initiative and engulfs them all in a cleansing flame.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 25, 2011, 06:39:35 pm
Hold the egg under my armpit, and warm my hands on the flames so kindly provided by their bodies.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 25, 2011, 06:55:18 pm
You don't radiate heat, considering your condition as a member of the undead, but the egg seems happy. At least, you think it is.

The guards are dead. The pathway is clear, but your assailants have most likely escaped.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 25, 2011, 07:01:33 pm
"...I'll get them... Pyro, start burning, if you will."

Casually begin leaving.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 25, 2011, 07:08:09 pm
Pyro sets the few wooden objects he can find on fire. Castles made of stone just aren't too flammable.

This was a crappy night. You went after a guy you had no relation to, got beaten by somebody who was trying to kill him, and this castle won't burn!

...But you have an egg...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 29, 2011, 05:46:29 pm
Hug my egg tightly, whispering sweetly to it until Pyro gets bored.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 29, 2011, 05:59:00 pm
You get back to the village, now relatively vacant after what happened. What's your agenda?
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 29, 2011, 06:10:28 pm
Go find a library of some description.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 29, 2011, 06:16:28 pm
Library? There don't seem to be anybody here. Your egg seems to be happy with your treatment of it, Pyro seems to be happy with what he accomplished, and you're getting hungry...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 29, 2011, 06:27:21 pm
Snoop around peoples' houses, and try to find a virgin maiden, just to prove I can.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 29, 2011, 06:45:30 pm
You approach a house, sensing an opportunity to climb in through a window. You enter a dark bedroom, an occupant asleep...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on September 30, 2011, 01:18:32 pm
Creep over to them, and firmly clasp a hand over their mouth, my knife to their throat.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on September 30, 2011, 07:53:09 pm
You kill the young man without a sound. What you do now is up to your twisted imagination.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 01, 2011, 08:13:33 pm
Carry the body silently to the larder.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 01, 2011, 09:49:18 pm
It's a bit of a slog, but you manage to drag the generous amount of weight over. You set it down, Pyro holding your egg, as usual.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 02, 2011, 06:16:53 pm
Set the body on whatever the people in this house eat off, and pull off the head. Pose its face into an expression of agony, and pluck out the eyes, chewing them as I bite off the nose, before closing it up for some poor sod to find it staring at them. Start butchering the rest of the body, eating about as much as I throw around the room. Decide my last throw was a success, and start fashioning various darts, throwing knives, and shurikens out of his bones, as many as my time, and his skeleton allow.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 02, 2011, 06:31:45 pm
You keep carving, but you hear the door behind you open.

"WHAT THE FUCK!?" you hear a woman shout.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 02, 2011, 06:38:40 pm
Greet them cheerfully after swallowing the flesh in my mouth, first. Always have good table manners when eating at somebody else's. Keep chiselling a knife while I speak.

"Hey! How're you? Want some?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 02, 2011, 06:44:02 pm
"OH GOD...WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HIM!?" the girl screams.

She seems pretty young. You have mixed feelings about using her virgin blood for the charm spell, but it never said you had to kill her...

It's a good thing you still have that root, too. You at least managed to save some of it. But how will you get this girl to come with you...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 03, 2011, 06:04:53 pm
Decide that her reaction is so entertaining, I'll get her heart metaphorically, instead.

"Well, first I slit his throat, then I cut his mutilated head off and stuck it in that larder. Now I'm butchering him and eating his flesh while fashioning his bones into rather nice throwing weapons. Why? Are you alright?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 03, 2011, 06:08:42 pm
"I...I..."

The look on her face is priceless. Her eyes roll up into her head as she falls over and hits the floor. She's at your mercy, now. In addition, you have all the time you need to finish your meal.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 03, 2011, 06:19:23 pm
Donate a couple of organs for her pillow, propping her head up on it, and continue eating and crafting.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 03, 2011, 06:26:01 pm
You finish, having effectively used this man's entire body. How sad, he's more useful dead than he ever was alive.

Now you have to settle the matter of taking this girl with you. But how exactly can you do it without looking suspicious? There's got to be something around here!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 03, 2011, 06:39:52 pm
Look for a potato sack.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 03, 2011, 06:42:22 pm
No potato sack is available, but you simple wrap the girl up in the bedsheets and sling her over your shoulder.

"Can you please take this thing away from me?" asks Pyro as you step through the front door. "It keeps voicing its immense dislike of me!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 04, 2011, 12:46:33 pm
"Is it a dragon? I thought you'd get along with dragons!"

Take the egg off him, and throw him the girl.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 04, 2011, 01:01:09 pm
Pyro doesn't seem to be very good at catching things, seeing as he doesn't react at all upon the girl being tossed and hitting the floor.

Ouch.

"Bah, dragons are too restrained. They've only taken to burning things sparingly!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 04, 2011, 01:19:05 pm
"So this little guy IS a dragon egg? Aren't you, snookums? Yes you are... yes you are..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 04, 2011, 02:23:21 pm
You sense the sun coming up as the egg returns your affection, you think.

Wait, what was that again about those men killing you? Images flash in your mind...they kept moving...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 04, 2011, 02:54:08 pm
Think carefully, trying to remember where they moved to.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 04, 2011, 03:22:03 pm
They're still on the road to the next town. If you get moving, you might be able to catch them! Luckily, you don't need any sleep.

But you've got a girl and your future child to worry about, here.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 04, 2011, 05:46:01 pm
"They're heading for the next town. We'll stalk my killers until my baby hatches, then we'll strike..."

Start heading out of time, quickly.

"Pyro, we have no more need for this settlement."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 04, 2011, 06:01:42 pm
Pyro cackles, sparking a flame.

"Do you mean what I think you do?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 04, 2011, 06:04:06 pm
"No, I mean leave it here so other people can use it af-"

Splutter out laughing, unable to say that seriously.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 04, 2011, 06:28:46 pm
Pyro drops a single flame onto the floor before picking up the girl. "Better hurry! This town looks quite dry!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 05, 2011, 05:49:17 pm
"This is for not having a library!"

Run like hell.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 05, 2011, 06:12:50 pm
You run out, realizing that sadly this town is made out of a lot of cobblestone. Whatever, let their roofs burn...

You make it out of the city, walking on the road alongside Pyro. He adjusts his mask again, whistling.

"So...what else do you need for that spell of yours?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 05, 2011, 06:37:18 pm
"Just some gold, but don't remember seeing any jewellers back there. What's the settlement up ahead?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 05, 2011, 06:45:22 pm
"I wouldn't know. Why remember the names of places when you just prefer to burn them to the ground?"

The girl begins to stir.

"Huh. This wench is waking up. Between the two of us, a psychotic zombie and a pyromaniac, who do you think is better at being able to calm her down?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 05, 2011, 06:53:13 pm
"Let's team up."

Talk to the human thingy.

"Hello, girlie. You fainted for some reason! Are you feeling better?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 05, 2011, 06:58:37 pm
"Ugh...you...where are you taking me? Help! Somebody!"

Pyro covers her mouth.

"Quite noisy. I already don't like her!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 06, 2011, 06:20:16 pm
"Let her talk. Poor thing doesn't know what horrors she left behind. I'm going to go eat the men who killed me, and maybe find out who reanimated me if I'm not bored of existing by then. Pyro's here to burn things, but he keeps getting held back by newfangled stone buildings. Coming?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 06, 2011, 06:27:21 pm
Pyro lets her go, and she begins shaking.

"If I try to run away...will you kill me?" she asks, shivering under your gaze.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 06, 2011, 06:53:37 pm
"I'm surprised I didn't just kill you in the first place. You should be flattered. Why would you want to run, anyway? Where would you go? Other humans? Humans don't care about you. They just want to serve their own desires... Besides, death isn't so bad. It's just like falling asleep with a slit throat and then waking up wanting to kill things... Or at least it was for me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 06, 2011, 06:58:27 pm
She seems really scared, gasping as you tell your brief history.

"What are you people..." she asks almost silently, quivering.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 09, 2011, 05:05:41 am
"I'm some kind of flesh-eating zombie and he likes to burn things. We're really not all that shocking, child. Now, are you coming with us? I can give you a knife or something."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 09, 2011, 11:49:16 am
"...I g-guess...I wasn't planning on, doing much else!" she says as she laughs nervously.

You feel an odd buzzing in your throat, before coughing and watching a fly come out of it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 09, 2011, 06:10:02 pm
Crush it, and hand the girl one of my new knives.

"Know where we can get any gold? Just need that and the blood of a virgin for my charm spell."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 09, 2011, 06:23:29 pm
"I don't know...maybe a jeweler's store?" says the girl, gingerly picking up the knife, touching the blade.

Your egg seems to be wriggling a bit. You hold it tight to yourself, the hatchling inside settling. It will hatch very soon now...

On the road ahead, however, you also see a covered wagon coming this direction. Two horses pull it at a leisurely pace...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 09, 2011, 06:41:22 pm
"I'm bored. Can you burn that, Pyro?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 09, 2011, 06:55:52 pm
"Well, if you're so bored why don't you take care of it yourself? Make this girl feel that she's in good hands..."

The girl shrugs away from Pyro, and you, a small whimper escaping through her lips.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 10, 2011, 05:54:53 pm
"Come to think of it; free wagon!"

Keep walking loading my gun, then jump on top of it suddenly as it passes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 10, 2011, 06:10:37 pm
You jump on top, the lunkheads below you no doubt looking upwards wondering what just landed on top of their wagon. One of them sticks their head out the window, a middle-aged man with unsightly features. How dare he curse your vision with his gruesome mug?
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 10, 2011, 06:15:30 pm
Shoot him between the eyes, holstering my gun and whipping out my dagger as I jump in through the window.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 10, 2011, 06:23:43 pm
You jump down and through the window, delivering a double-flying kick to the other degenerate riding inside, knocking him through the other window and into unconsciousness.

Well, now you can ride in comfort. You, your egg, that girl can also spend some quality time back here with you, and Pyro can drive the horses!

Wait, who was driving this coach anyway? Bah, doesn't matter.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 10, 2011, 06:33:56 pm
Go check out all the nice things on board while I wait for the others to figure out they're meant to be getting on.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 10, 2011, 06:36:45 pm
You don't have much in the back, besides a few chairs and small tables. Pyro gets in front, you grab your egg, the girl gets in back with you, and you start riding along.

"Um...what is your name?" asks the girl, softly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 10, 2011, 07:05:38 pm
"Ooh... good question... Do I need a name? Yes... maybe I do... Ooh, a name... Louise... Isabelle... Willow... Willow... Widow? Widow! My name's Widow. What's yours?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 10, 2011, 07:14:17 pm
"...Elle. Just call me Elle. Are you...well, could you, I don't know, tell me about yourself?" The girl twiddles her thumbs seeming uncomfortable, maybe repulsed a little by the stench of you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 11, 2011, 06:15:46 pm
"Well, a bunch of humans raped and murdered me, but now I'm going to eat their flesh. Killed one, and he happened to be the Prince of Paudina."

Turn into him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 11, 2011, 06:23:26 pm
The girl jumps at your transformation, although she seems less surprised than usual. "That's...that's great...I guess..."

She mutters something that escapes your ears before smiling nervously.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 11, 2011, 06:41:12 pm
Change back.

"I don't take it you've ever tried flesh? People seem to freak out over it, but it's actually lovely."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 11, 2011, 06:55:05 pm
The girl shakes her head, but answers in no other way.

Your egg starts shaking, a small chip breaking off.

IT'S HAPPENING!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 13, 2011, 08:46:17 pm
After a few seconds of screaming in joy uncontrollably, manage to compose myself, and hold the egg in my arms.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 13, 2011, 08:59:55 pm
The egg cracks more and more, bits and pieces falling off, eventually exposing a tiny little sapphire dragon hatchling. His eyes are blue, like his scales. He has ivory white claws, and two little horns atop his head, along with a spike on his snout. He looks at you a few times, blinking, sniffing you.

He then bites into your arm.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 15, 2011, 08:57:35 am
"D'AWWWWWW, the little guy is hungry!"

Start stroking him with my other arm, cooing at him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 15, 2011, 10:27:02 am
The dragon hatchling then claws at you, sliding away from you and into the arms of that girl! The girl is just as surprised as you are, but the dragon seems to be showing its affection for her instead of you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 15, 2011, 11:19:01 am
Start to cry, and find some furniture to hide under.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 15, 2011, 05:12:54 pm
You're not sure if you're crying correctly, and there is no space to hide underneath the carriage. The hatchling only ever saw you as food, and now it sees this girl as its mother! It rubs against her with his nose, and the girl seems to space out for a few moments before shaking her head.

"Whoa...lightheaded. Everything's tingly..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 15, 2011, 08:15:59 pm
Curl up into a ball on the ground.

"YOU STOLE MY BABY! I TOOK YOU IN AND YOU STOLE MY BABY!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 15, 2011, 08:19:51 pm
Your baby snorts a flame at you, the girl covering her right eye with her hand, cringing in pain.

"This dragon...I've heard legends of their magical abilities, their bonds...I...I think I'm marked..."

You notice a glowing spot appear on the girl's forehead.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 16, 2011, 05:54:47 pm
"NO! NO! I RESCUED YOU FROM THE CASTLE! I LOOKED AFTER YOU IN THE EGG! NOW YOU GO TO HER? WHY?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 16, 2011, 06:08:02 pm
"QUIET BACK THERE, BEFORE I PULL OVER!" yells Pyro from the front.

"The dragon wouldn't take you as its mother, since you're clearly deceased. It can only bond to someone who is living."

The dragon starts gnawing on your arm for good measure.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 16, 2011, 07:04:19 pm
Curl up into a ball in the corner and refuse to move, thinking of all the people I'm going to kill for this.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 16, 2011, 07:20:50 pm
You still have everybody else on your hit list. You really need to get those guys...they make you even angrier than this incident has made you sad.

Pyro stops, suddenly. "We're here!" you hear him yelling.

"...If it's any consolation...my name is Becky..." says the girl, nurturing the dragon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 16, 2011, 07:26:44 pm
"I DON'T CARE, BITCH! ALL I KNOW IS THAT BY THE END OF TODAY MY KILLCOUNT WILL BE DOUBLED AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!"

Get out.

"PYRO, GUARD THIS SHIT!"

Run off and look for a jeweller's. I WILL MAKE MY BABY LOVE ME.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 16, 2011, 07:41:01 pm
You run out, and quickly into the town gates, and with your non-suspicious behavior, you get a few guards to stop you!

"Halt! Where are you off to in such a hurry at this time of night, woman?" one asks, having no idea what you're about to fucking do to him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 16, 2011, 07:44:34 pm
"Just getting something to eat... I get really hungry..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 16, 2011, 07:55:58 pm
"Is that your wagon back there? It's odd that you'd leave your partners in travel so quickly. It's dangerous at this time of night, miss." The guard resumes guarding the front entrance to the town, along with his buddy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 16, 2011, 08:06:20 pm
"More dangerous than you'd think..."

Take a knife and a bone. Stab both of them in their backs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 16, 2011, 08:16:46 pm
They scream a bit, but you quickly amend that by pushing your knives further in. The guards die nicely, and you see the girl run back into the cart. Pyro comes up.

"The girl seems picky. Should I cook a bit of this for her?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 16, 2011, 08:29:08 pm
"Let her st- Wait, no, she'll hate this. Give her some."

Look at their shiny weapons.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 16, 2011, 08:45:25 pm
Polearms. Large, unwieldy, and unconcealable. Not interesting in the slightest.

Pyro cooks up an arm and takes it back to the wagon.

Wait...is that a jeweler's shop just inside? IT IS.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 17, 2011, 06:26:12 pm
Leave the bodies in my excitement, and enter the shop, gun hidden, but ready.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 17, 2011, 06:33:25 pm
You subtly enter through the front window, nobody seeming to be inside the darkened shop. This is perfect! Gold, silver, precious gems! All yours, finders keepers!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 17, 2011, 06:41:25 pm
Remember not to weigh myself down, and take as much gold as I think the spell needs, looking through the gemstones for anything that catches my attention.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 17, 2011, 06:52:58 pm
You snatch gemstone rings with tiny diamonds, sapphires, emeralds. You quickly get out before anyone might notice you, heading back to the cart to find Becky laughing and the dragon hatchling eating the meal Pyro brought.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 18, 2011, 07:07:53 pm
Growl to see her happy, then drop the gold on the cart floor, setting the roots aside, too.

"Bitch. Blood. Now."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 18, 2011, 07:16:19 pm
Yes, you'll show her! You can drink her virgin blood, drink it all up, BECOME HER! And if that dragon still isn't convinced you're its true mother, then you can provide a reassuring charm spell! SHE STOLE YOUR BABY!

Pyro cuts Becky's arm, and she screams and jumps back. He walks over and hands the dripping blood-stained knife to you. The dragon doesn't seem to happy, though, and soon afterwards pounces him from behind. But you don't care about him...you've got something to attend to.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 18, 2011, 07:26:20 pm
Giggle maniacally, and start following the spell instructions from memory.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 18, 2011, 07:48:26 pm
You taste some of the blood, your form slowly shifting into that of Becky. You start performing the spell, the ingredients disintegrating as you do so! You feel a tingling sensation come over you, just as the dragon looks up and you, seeming somewhat confused.

You open your eyes, a smug smile on your face. Now you know that you can make people do what you want without threats...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 20, 2011, 06:08:24 pm
Look at the girl with a shocked expression, stammering.

"W-w-why d-do you look like m-me? Please, ch-change back the way you really look!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 20, 2011, 06:16:47 pm
The girl seems to be a little too concerned with the small flesh wound on her arm, and when you realize that you're not going to get an immediate answer to her your mind turns to the sound of falling boots near the town gates. It seems your most recent acts of murder and theft haven't gone unnoticed...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 20, 2011, 06:20:55 pm
Decide to go test out my new powers in the riskiest way possible, by walking out in the girl's form to meet the guards.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 20, 2011, 06:32:14 pm
"Stop! You and whoever else is out there with you are to be taken in for questioning!" says who you presume to be the head guard. "Put your hands up and kneel on the ground!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 20, 2011, 07:04:47 pm
"...But, sir... the scary hooded lady ran away... She was fast, but you might catch her..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 20, 2011, 07:12:13 pm
"Scary-hooded lady?" asks the guard. "What do you know about her? Which way?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 23, 2011, 05:47:48 pm
Point towards the cart.

"She ran past the cart! She eats people... It's... horrible..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 23, 2011, 05:53:46 pm
The leader dispatches a few guards to go pursue the false report.

"Do you and your companions need any help? I'm sure this must be very scary for you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 23, 2011, 06:04:50 pm
"We're just going to keep moving... Don't really feel safe staying after that, so we'll just get a move on... Thanks for your help..."

Start walking back to the cart, wondering how much I'll torture her if she leaves the cart now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 23, 2011, 06:10:27 pm
She hasn't gone anywhere, she's just rolling around in the backseat clenching her small arm wound. Your child is still with her, giving her comfort, support...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 23, 2011, 06:26:10 pm
"Pyro. Please start driving... Widow... Why are you in my body?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 23, 2011, 06:32:07 pm
"Lies...you're Widow...you're the impostor...he can attest to it."

The dragon growls at you. How sad, she even has your own child fooled.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 23, 2011, 06:50:42 pm
Take my original form again, and try charming them both, mixed with genuine emotion.

"...I'm sorry... I just wanted my baby to come back to me... I know I'm dead, but that isn't my fault... I can still be a mother... I fought to get your egg from that castle... You would have been sold to a zoo... But I freed you and looked after you until you hatched, when you went straight for her..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 23, 2011, 06:55:08 pm
You don't think the dragon completely understands your intent or your words, but the girl hangs on your every word.

"You're right," she says, under your spell. "Here, take it..." She hands the hatchling to you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 23, 2011, 07:09:37 pm
"Th- thank... you..."

Try to hold my baby, nearly crying.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 23, 2011, 07:22:11 pm
Your baby bites the back of your neck.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 26, 2011, 10:13:31 am
Hug him close to me anyway, trying to softly rub his belly.

"...Please?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 26, 2011, 11:22:47 am
Becky just sits there, dazed as you rub the dragon's belly. It starts wiggling around, seeming to enjoy the sensation. It makes little dragon yipping sounds whilst you do so.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 30, 2011, 06:59:49 am
Whisper softly to him as I keep rubbing.

"I'm your mother... I always was... I love you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 30, 2011, 11:31:41 am
The hatchling curls up in your arms, calmed.

"Hey, are we going to get around to killing these guys you insisted were here, or do I have to occupy myself!?" yells Pyro from the front.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 31, 2011, 08:23:54 pm
Talk quietly back to Pyro, soothed by having won back my baby.

"I'll get on it. Now, do you want to come with me for the next hour, child, or stay here where it's safe?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 31, 2011, 08:32:20 pm
"Of course I shall accompany you, mother," says Becky.

Huh. What part of that did you actually want your words to be laced with magic? The dragon seems all for it, but the girl seems distant and tipsy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 31, 2011, 08:43:59 pm
"Girl, stay here until you snap out of it."

Carry my baby out of the caravan, setting it down beside me, noting his size carefully.

"Ready?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 31, 2011, 08:50:10 pm
The baby isn't too large, perhaps two feet long from snout to tail and about eight inches wide. The hatchling nods at you, scurrying up your leg and around your shoulders.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on October 31, 2011, 09:05:48 pm
"I set you down because I needed both hands free, but this is more convenient."

Start sneaking back into town, trying to track my prey.

"Okay, I'm looking to kill those who killed me... You get to help, and eat their bodies, too!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on October 31, 2011, 09:10:34 pm
The dragon positions itself around your neck and shoulders like a heavy scarf, purring in contentment. As you begin your search, you soon realize that the sun is coming up. Honestly, you prefer working when it's dark, and when nobody's around to witness you and your gang of a pyromaniac, a girl, and a dragon. You might want to find somewhere to hole up...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on November 03, 2011, 08:23:23 pm
"Urgh, sunrise... I've always been more partial to sunsets... Let's find a basement or something; the cart is getting boring."

Enter the first derelict or abandoned building I see.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on November 03, 2011, 08:28:59 pm
There's a decrepit shack of sorts which looks quite nice. You quickly round up Pyro and Becky, the latter slowly coming to a realization of what's going on.

"Mother...why is the dragon around...hey, wait, you're not my mother! What's going on?" she starts up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on November 03, 2011, 08:44:04 pm
"I used a charm spell to make you give me my baby back, but it seems to be active all the time, which is nice. When calling him my child you must have taken it to be referring to you. Dragons are much too grand to be affected by my silly little textbook charm spell, so my baby came back to me by free will."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on November 03, 2011, 08:54:35 pm
"Yeah, I guess it's because you smell so much like rotten carrion..." Becky lowly scoffs.

"That's a BURN if I've ever heard one!" exclaims Pyro, as you all step into the abandoned shack.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on November 06, 2011, 10:07:09 am
Tilt my head at her slightly.

"I do smell of rotten carrion, considering that's pretty much what I am. It seems you were trying to be offensive, though, which implies you wanted to get a rise out of me. I'll be nice in that regard. Becky, bow down to me and praise me as your dark goddess or something equally clichéd."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on November 06, 2011, 11:16:44 am
For whatever reason, Becky is still standing, not praising you in the slightest!

"I would NEVER do that...you're using your mind tricks to control me! I won't let that happen! Though I can't fight you...I'll resist you."

The shack is mostly wooden, old straw piles lying around, along with some old tools. It's home enough.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on November 06, 2011, 07:10:05 pm
"Okay, so it doesn't work on people who know what I'm trying to do: Exactly what I intended to test. Now, back to our original topic, you know what else smells of rotten carrion? A little something in your larder."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on November 06, 2011, 07:20:42 pm
"...Thanks for that one. That betrothal was...terrible." Becky sits down on a pile of straw, the dragon hopping off your shoulders and rubbing itself up against her. She pets it a few times before it goes sauntering about the place.

"Keep an eye on the girl," whispers Pyro. "She formed a magical bond with that dragon...whenever they're together, I can feel a surge of mana."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on November 06, 2011, 07:27:05 pm
Get greatly irritated about both of these surprises, and whisper back.

"Why can't I just kill her? I got the spell and now she's in my way."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on November 06, 2011, 07:40:14 pm
"We don't know the full implications of this bond. We need to first observe. What are its benefits? What are its cons? What happens if either one of them dies? Even I don't just go around cutting bonds between two things! Besides, don't you want to focus on that OTHER objective you have? The pressing one?"

You do not have the capacity for hunger, but you feel the need to gnaw on something delicious. Luckily there's still some meat in your pocket.

Becky suddenly sits up, looking around. "Did either one of you say something?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on November 06, 2011, 08:05:49 pm
"Oh GOOD. My baby's using TELEPATHY with her! I'd storm out if I could stand sunlight..."

Sit in the corner and look down.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on November 06, 2011, 08:13:51 pm
As you begin to ponder things, a flash of something jolts you to alertness. Something in your mind...fleeting memory...

A young boy, an older man, sit before you. They're both well-dressed. You're in a rather regal place.

"-rned about your...views and pol-" an echoing voice coming from the old man says. Everything is blurry. You're not quite sure this is your memory, even.

"Times change. It's for the be---common pe..." a woman responds.

The boy seems disconnected, but the man is visibly flustered.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on November 06, 2011, 08:30:23 pm
Concentrate, trying to cling to the memory, and see it more clearly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on November 06, 2011, 08:37:12 pm
...It's left you.

"...Is there anything to do around here? I mean come on! This is boring. We're just sitting here," complains Becky.

Perhaps you could send this child out to run a few errands...you could have your baby back while she's gone.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on November 06, 2011, 09:04:29 pm
"Urgh... I guess I'll put you to some use... Go ask around at some bars or something for one of several people, and bring them back here if you find them."

Play with the idea of asking her to find a man with a ridiculous description, but then decide to play it straight, and describe the murderers who I suspect might be nearby.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on November 06, 2011, 09:09:34 pm
Becky nods, before heading out. The dragon looks disappointed, but waddles over to you.

Pyro burns a few pieces of straw in his hands. "Well, it's been two hours. Anything you need to talk about? I'm talkative right now."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on November 06, 2011, 09:41:51 pm
Hug my baby, rubbing his belly.
"She got bored even with you around. I'd never do that..."

Talk to Pyro, hoping my charm works on him when laced with a genuine request.

"I don't take it you're willing to let me see your face? I bet you're much more attractive than you let on. Tad disappointing that you won't let me see."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on November 06, 2011, 09:52:29 pm
Pyro seems strongly opposed to it, still. What's so important that he wants to hide it?

"NO, NO! NO THANK YOU! I WILL NOT. NOPE. DON'T WANT TO. NOT AT ALL. NO. NO."

Pyro sits in the corner, securing his mask. "NOT IMPORTANT."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on November 07, 2011, 07:25:36 pm
"You don't see why reacting like that brings me to the burn victim theory?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on November 07, 2011, 07:37:18 pm
"...I'M TOO POWERFUL A MAGE TO SIMPLY BURN MYSELF! No, my craft has breached the fringe of mastery! I simply...loathe my visage."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on November 07, 2011, 07:57:39 pm
Take off my hood, letting him see my rotting features, feigning insecurity which I quickly realise is genuine.

"...Come on. Not like it's as bad as this..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on November 07, 2011, 08:01:24 pm
Surprisingly, decomposition doesn't seem to have taken place like in a normal zombie. If it weren't for the throat, and the face, people probably wouldn't think you were dead!

"...My story goes beyond such simple things as vanity...and mortality. I took a vow...never to remove this mask until I fulfill my life's one true goal..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on November 12, 2011, 06:18:04 pm
"...And what would that be?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on November 12, 2011, 06:28:18 pm
Pyro turns to you slowly.

Becky bursts in. "Guys! I have important info! Those men you wanted, at least one of them is here!"

Pyro sighs. "I'll tell you later."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on November 12, 2011, 06:32:03 pm
"I knew they were here, Becky, I sensed it, otherwise I wouldn't have sent you. Do you know anything more specific?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on November 12, 2011, 06:40:48 pm
She holds up a flier for some kind of masquerade ball taking place tonight.

"The son of the earl of Glouheim will be at the event. He matches the description that you gave me perfectly. Problem is, the event's kind of...exclusive."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on November 17, 2011, 01:39:22 pm
"You've done well, actually... I wasn't expecting quite this much useful information. I can impersonate a guest. He might see through the disguise like the last one did, but that just makes it more fun! Know of anybody else who's going there?"

Hold my hand out for the flier, and read it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on November 17, 2011, 02:30:56 pm
A MASQUERADE BALL

TONIGHT AT THE DUNTHORPE HALL

WITH SPECIAL GUEST, THE EARL OF GLOUHEIM

INVITATION ONLY

It is accompanied with a picture of a violin.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on November 22, 2011, 07:46:29 pm
"You've done me a huge favour here. I won't forget this soon. I'll need to be disguised, so going alone."

Turn into the Prince, and walk towards the Hall. Walk around the area looking for any well-dressed females who look like they're attending.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on November 22, 2011, 08:51:14 pm
You transform, but realize you've hit a wall when you turn into Becky. That small psychotic episode back when you rightfully claimed your baby probably didn't help.

Nonetheless, you could go out like this anyway. Although Becky seems really weirded out by her magical twin.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 18, 2011, 09:18:10 pm
"Eh, well I guess this'll make killing easy."

Go out and look, anyway.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 18, 2011, 09:48:32 pm
As you walk out and head for the hall, you note that a lot of guards are investigating the little stunt you pulled earlier. You might want to stay clear of that area.

Looking around, it's clear that any of the well-dressed females who will be attending have yet to arrive. The hall is easy enough to spot, with some nice architectural pillars and ledges and whatnot that would be easy for someone like yourself to climb up, though you'd prefer to do it with your normal body and not with the body of this young girl.

As you walk by an alley, you notice a poor, dejected, human-like vermin. It has a pinkish tail, as well as small claws, and grayish-black fur. Your knowledge from your former life informs you that this is a member of the Muridae race. It looks rather filthy.

"Spare a coin, miss?" it asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2011, 01:08:34 pm
Search my pockets.

"I think I might be able to offer you quite a bit, if you can help me out with a few things... Tell me, what do you know about the Masquerade Ball?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 19, 2011, 01:22:18 pm
"The ball? It is tonight, yes. I know the Earl will be there...he's a rather notorious person. You believe those rumors? You know the ones, right?" The rat scratches his arm.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2011, 01:33:08 pm
"I've been away for quite a while. Which rumours are you referring to?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 19, 2011, 01:46:34 pm
The rat looks around, before beckoning you to come closer.

"He's actually a werewolf, and has been for quite some time. I know, it makes sense, doesn't it? I certainly thought it did when I heard it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2011, 02:34:15 pm
Walk closer to him, also hidden in the darkness of the alley.

"I see... I need to get to the ball, because I have matters to attend to with his son... is lycanthropy a disease, or hereditary?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 19, 2011, 03:28:20 pm
"It's infectious," says the rat. "Can you spare a coin now? I'm very hungry."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2011, 03:30:04 pm
"I forget what I have on me..."

Search my pockets.

"Any rumours about his son?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 19, 2011, 04:38:20 pm
You have your bag, but aside from the gem, you don't have much that he'd want.

"His son? The Earl doesn't have a son. At least I don't think he does."

You realize that you are indeed looking for the Earl, and not his son despite what may have been said earlier.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2011, 04:49:42 pm
"Seems I'm getting forgetful. Disregard that, it's the Earl himself I have need of."

Take out the gem, paying attention to his reaction. Recall whether this is the one I stole from the shop.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 19, 2011, 05:20:54 pm
It's the sapphire you got from the guy's house. You don't want to part with the diamonds, since you're pretty sure they have more applications in complex magic than sapphires. The rat's eyes light up at the sight of it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2011, 05:43:24 pm
Ask a quiet question to determine if he's of any use to me.

"I stole this from a particularly disgusting man after I killed him, but it was in a useless village quite a distance away, so nobody will be able to tell it's stolen, and I'm sure it's worth quite a bit. Before I ask you what I need help with, does any of this bother you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 19, 2011, 05:57:18 pm
"...Um...are you...alright, girl? You...you're not planning on...doing anything to a poor old beggar, are you?" The rat eyes you with suspicion, though you don't think he's as concerned about what you did as he is about what you might be implying.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2011, 06:05:48 pm
"I don't think I'd ever kill a Muridae, unless you gave me a good reason to. I like your kind; you're different. You see..."

Make sure nobody else is watching, and drop the illusion.

"I'm a bit different, myself."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 19, 2011, 06:15:42 pm
"Your mind tricks...you are an illusionist? What do you want with me now?" he asks, more interested in you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2011, 06:21:28 pm
"I need to kill the Earl."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 19, 2011, 06:32:03 pm
"...Well, go ahead then. I'm not stopping you. But why do you need me for any of this? I'm just a rat beggar," he says, semi-dismissively.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2011, 06:41:48 pm
"Well, you know the city better than I do, and I think you can at least help me with my first task..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 19, 2011, 06:52:12 pm
"What is this first task, and what else are you offering?" the rat asks, still listening for the chance of receiving something more.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2011, 07:05:00 pm
"I'll give you the sapphire once the Earl is dead, and maybe something more if you do a good job. Firstly, I need to decide how I'm getting into the ball. I can either find a route to sneak in, or kill a guest and drink their blood to impersonate them. What time is it? Maybe you could lead me to where the wealthy guests might be sleeping. I'm sure there're some from out of town needing somewhere to stay..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 19, 2011, 07:09:19 pm
"It's the afternoon, but...I do know where the very important guests are sleeping...yes...I can show you for a little something up front, but it's your job to accomplish whatever you're doing." The rat's tail wags a few times.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2011, 07:16:50 pm
"I'll give you the sapphire now on the grounds that you'll help me until after the ball. Won't need you to actually fight anyone, so don't worry about that."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 19, 2011, 07:25:10 pm
"...Fine. I will. Give me the sapphire, and I shall show you where the guests are staying." The rat extends a clawed hand.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2011, 07:32:28 pm
Hand him it, smiling.

"Thanks, I know you'll fulfill your end of the bargain. Remember, the dead don't forget betrayal, but we do make valuable allies."

Disguise myself again, and follow him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 19, 2011, 07:38:29 pm
"You're...dead?"

You follow him as he walks, eventually coming to what appears to be the most expensive-looking inn in town.

"The Earl's own personal inn. He prefers to form relationships with those bar crawler types. I don't know all of who's staying there, but I would bet that the women are taking an afternoon nap right about now. I'll wait here."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2011, 07:47:14 pm
"This is a great opportunity... Maybe later tonight I can go rob a jewellry store, and get you as much as you can carry... Alright, once I'm disguised I can't just run off, so I'll meet you later. I want you to skulk around the hall and give me a good idea on where all the exits are. If you can get inside, telling me the layout of the building would be brilliant. I'll find you near it 30 minutes before the ball opens. How long does that give you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 19, 2011, 07:51:32 pm
"About four hours," says the rat. "I'm not the type to be stealthy, and the guards probably won't be too pleased with a vagrant skulking around the hall. But I'll do what I can." The rat acts natural.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2011, 07:55:16 pm
"Your best is all I ask. See you soon."

Decide whether I can sneak into an upstairs window without being detected.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 19, 2011, 07:56:54 pm
The windows don't appear to be able to be opened, but if you're in for a dirty approach there's a chimney that you could easily slide down. There doesn't appear to be much of anybody in the lobby from the storefront window.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2011, 08:02:00 pm
Slip into the lobby, and up the stairs, my tiny frame keeping me quiet.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 19, 2011, 08:09:48 pm
You're upstairs. The doors are all closed, and you're not really sure who would be behind which one. They're probably locked, on top of that.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2011, 08:16:20 pm
Knock on one, sniffling a little.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 19, 2011, 08:19:07 pm
You get close to a door, and you knock. A woman in a nightgown answers, with flowing brown hair. "...Young woman, what are you doing here? It's dangerous to wander alone."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 20, 2011, 01:53:52 pm
Use a bit of magic, talking quietly, looking on the verge of crying.

"...Listen, somebody sent me to talk to you. It's urgent, and nobody else can hear... They might be involved... I can't say anything else, not out in the hall!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 20, 2011, 02:03:37 pm
The lady pats you on the head, voicing her concern.

"Come in, come in," she says, closing the door behind you. "What is it that could be so horrible?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 22, 2011, 08:49:33 pm
Decide that spilling blood in this room will make trouble for me later, and try using my charm as well as I can, backed up by a solid plan. Pull her further into the room, and talk in a worried, hushed tone.

"...My... umm... employer... has been intercepting letters recently... Your life is in serious danger... Can you think of any reason why somebody might want you dead?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 22, 2011, 09:57:51 pm
"Your...employer? What? Who do you work for?" the woman asks, more curious than concerned.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 23, 2011, 10:28:21 am
Take a deep breath, and become a lot more calm.

"Sorry, I'm still an apprentice, and I let my emotions get the better of me sometimes. I work for a man who calls himself 'Seer.' He's a very experienced vampire hunter. You're going to think I'm crazy for this, but this time... Well, he's after werewolves."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 23, 2011, 01:33:42 pm
"What does all this have to do with me? Why am I in danger?" she asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 23, 2011, 01:55:28 pm
"...Well, from the letters he intercepted, Seer established that the Earl, along with at least two accomplices, one inside this building, and one outside, are planning to have you killed at the ball."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 23, 2011, 02:16:25 pm
"What!?" she exclaims. "I...I need to find my husband! We're not staying for this!" She starts for the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 23, 2011, 02:22:06 pm
"Wait, your husband could be part of it! We already have a plan that guarantees your safety!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 23, 2011, 02:31:31 pm
"Are you serious!? No...I don't believe you! My husband could never..." The woman seems conflicted.

"...What plan?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 24, 2011, 10:18:05 pm
"You need to secretly get a carriage out of town as soon as possible. I'll be able to impersonate you at the ball. When they try to attack me, I'll hope Seer knows what he's doing. The important part is that you'll be safe."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 24, 2011, 11:14:10 pm
"Impersonate me? You look nothing like me! How are you going to go about that?" asks the clueless woman.

It's a shame you can't just do it the easy way and gut her here. You'd accomplish your goal and you'd be satisfied at the same time.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 25, 2011, 06:20:59 pm
Take one of the diamonds out of my pocket.

"That's simple. This is a Blood Diamond. You know how these things work, right?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 25, 2011, 06:37:09 pm
The woman looks quite puzzled. "Blood diamond? In all my years, I swear I've never heard of any such thing. Please, enlighten me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 25, 2011, 06:44:19 pm
Look slightly embarrassed.

"Sorry, I get ahead of myself sometimes. I'm not sure of the origins, but it's some kind of magical artefact. I know you'll think that sounds crazy, but I've seen Seer use it once. It really does work. It's slightly macabre, though, but that can't be helped. I need you to prick your finger with something, and get a drop of blood onto it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 25, 2011, 06:51:05 pm
"Um...okay. Just...a drop of blood is all? Alright."

The woman pulls a hairpin from her hair, lightly pricking her finger. She holds it over the diamond, a drop of blood splashing onto it.

"...What happens now?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 25, 2011, 07:14:49 pm
"Alright, this probably will shock you, but I have to ask you stay quiet in case somebody checks to see what's going on."

Lick the blood off it, and turn into her.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 25, 2011, 07:22:55 pm
The woman covers her mouth as you perfectly imitate her, body and clothing. She says nothing, as you instructed, but seems shaken by her new doppelganger.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 25, 2011, 07:27:12 pm
"With this, I'll look just like you until this time tomorrow. If you're still willing to trust me, change into some other clothes, and find something to hide your face with."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 25, 2011, 07:37:21 pm
"Alright...I thank you for willing to work to save the life of a stranger...you're an angel."

The woman heads towards a wardrobe, throwing off her extravagant dress and putting on more modest clothing. She covers her head with a shawl, and heads out of the room, leaving most of her possessions behind.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 26, 2011, 07:50:14 pm
Follow her, talking quietly.

"Alright, get a carriage to one of the towns nearby, do you have enough money to rent a room for the night?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 26, 2011, 08:06:25 pm
She simply nods, before increasing her pace.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 26, 2011, 08:37:29 pm
Continue following her, pretending to be keeping an eye out for assassins.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 26, 2011, 08:45:46 pm
She eventually reaches a coach, and pays some money to the driver. She gets in, and they pull out.

She's out of the equation, now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 26, 2011, 09:09:08 pm
Giggle to myself, imagining her reaction to finding out she assassinated the Earl.

Go back to the inn, and pretend to sleep in the bed in her room until either somebody comes for me, or a few minutes before when I should be going to meet my accomplice.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 26, 2011, 09:17:58 pm
Nobody disturbs you, so you decide to head for the rendezvous point. You're all prettied up for the ball, and you see the ray. It seems he doesn't recognize you, which is good.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 26, 2011, 09:47:47 pm
Approach him, making sure nobody is watching.

"Done, and rather well, if I do say so myself. Now, did you find out anything useful?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 26, 2011, 09:55:06 pm
"There's something you should know. The Earl will be attended by at least half a dozen guards during this event. I do not know how you will go about killing him, but the ball doesn't seem the most opportune place."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 26, 2011, 10:06:08 pm
"Good job. That's some useful information, there. If he's only bothering to take six I can afford to get lazy. Any more could be a nice challenge. I could have just killed him in his sleep, you know, but I want to do it with style, and at a ball surrounded by guards is pretty stylish as far as assassinations go. Two important questions: How many exits are there, and how flammable do you reckon the hall is?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 26, 2011, 10:22:05 pm
"It's made of stone. Aside from a few banners, there's not much to burn. The main exits are in the front, and a smaller one in back. I think there MIGHT, be an exit through the catacombs under the building. Not sure."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 26, 2011, 10:28:43 pm
"I'll keep an eye out for that last part. Now, you've proven yourself trustworthy, and I'm sure I can find more uses for you. How would you like to travel with my associates and I? They're probably less worrying than I am."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 26, 2011, 10:42:48 pm
The rat's eyes light up. "Oh, that would be great! I certainly have no business here, and if I can get more of these riches you seem to have in abundance...well, that would be wonderful!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 26, 2011, 10:50:17 pm
Smile.

"I need to go see Pyro about my escape plan, anyway, so let me introduce you."

Head back by the least busy paths possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 26, 2011, 11:01:08 pm
You find your way back to the shack easily. Pyro and Becky are inside, along with your baby. "Who is this?" asks Pyro. "He looks flammable..."

The rat is slightly nervous.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 26, 2011, 11:03:20 pm
"This is... uhh... What's your name?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 26, 2011, 11:15:56 pm
"Rekchev," says the rat.

Your baby sniffs the rat, seeming to consider taking a bite.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 27, 2011, 08:55:50 am
"I'm Widow, this is Pyro, Becky, and my- No! Baby, don't eat him! We only eat humans, okay?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 27, 2011, 01:05:06 pm
The rat scoots away a bit, seeming unnerved.

"You...eat humans? I...why do you do that?"

"No, not me!" says Becky. "Widow's the only one who does it!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 27, 2011, 02:37:13 pm
"Well, I'm pretty sure I already told you, but I'm kind of a zombie. I have to eat something, don't I?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 27, 2011, 03:03:24 pm
"So you eat humans? How do you know you can't subsist on anything else?"'

You're not really sure that you can't eat anything else, but you know that you really like eating human flesh the most. Becky brought in some cabbage, it appears. You could take a bite of that to test the theory, but then again, you don't feel like you need to eat anything at all. Hunger and sleepiness are two things the undead don't essentially need to do. Well, zombies, maybe the eating thing, but you? You eat at your own leisure.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 27, 2011, 03:04:23 pm
"Come to think of it I don't actually know if I need to eat at all, but if I'm going to kill people I may as well enjoy their flesh, right?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 27, 2011, 03:14:14 pm
"Well, you need to be careful about who you eat!" says Pyro. "What with that one spell and all..."

Rekchev doesn't leave, but he sits down in a corner, seeming conflicted. Meanwhile, your baby is playing with Becky, and Pyro seems lost in thought. You've got some time to wait before attending the ball, and this woman's dress is rather stuffy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 27, 2011, 03:21:06 pm
"Pyro, I'd like your help at the ball. I need you to slip in as smoke, and watch me for a while. If I spend more than three seconds fiddling with my hair while looking at the ceiling, I want you to burn everyone you can, except myself and the Earl, and generally cause as much chaos as possible. If I kill the Earl before I give the signal, that's your queue to go crazy, as long as you don't set me on fire."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 27, 2011, 03:23:34 pm
"Can't I just burn everyone? I mean, come on! Don't hold me back!" Pyro complains a bit.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 27, 2011, 03:35:53 pm
"I need to kill the Earl myself, but after I kill him everyone in the entire city who isn't in this room right now is fair game. Getting out of the hall in the confusion is easy enough, but how're we getting out of the city itself? Think the carriage will work?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 27, 2011, 03:47:18 pm
"Well, it would be slightly suspicious, but when everything's in flames it shouldn't really matter," says Pyro.

"I'd better be compensated for all of this," mutters Rekchev.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 27, 2011, 03:51:47 pm
"Rek, to be totally honest, would you rather sit on the streets all day or enjoy watching our shenanigans?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 27, 2011, 03:55:51 pm
"...I guess you can give me way more money than I need to buy happiness, even if you are a gang of lunatics." Rekchev snags some of the cabbage and starts eating.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 27, 2011, 04:09:56 pm
Make sure my gun is loaded and in working order, then conceal it in my clothing, with my dagger.

"Precisely. Becky, take Rek to the carriage, and wait there. Have it in position and ready to make a relatively speedy getaway for when we return."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 27, 2011, 04:12:29 pm
"I'll be on it." Becky and Rekchev leave. Though you're not sure exactly what you should do with your baby, now that you think about it. Dragons aren't common sights, and it may bring more suspicion onto you than anything you do at the ball.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 27, 2011, 04:38:45 pm
Become surprised that he didn't go with Becky.

"Becky, can you take my baby with you? I can't really take him to the ball when I'm disguised as this woman."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 27, 2011, 04:43:22 pm
"It's kind of hard to hide a dragon, but I'll try..."

Becky takes your baby with her, trying her best to conceal it with a blanket. It squirms quite a bit as she walks out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 27, 2011, 04:57:01 pm
"Alright, Pyro. How long can you sustain your smoke form for?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 27, 2011, 05:03:51 pm
"Rough estimate, about a minute. It's a lot harder being incorporeal than it is to set things on fire!" Pyro says, a few pieces of nearby straw igniting.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 27, 2011, 05:22:15 pm
"Alright, head to the hall now and find somewhere to hide where you can see the ballroom, perhaps an attic. The ball starts soon. I'll make this up to you later."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 27, 2011, 05:26:09 pm
Pyro nods, turning to smoke and moving out.

You head for the ball, noting that the guests are all starting to arrive. There's a man at the door with the guest list. It seems he's asking for invitations...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 27, 2011, 05:40:15 pm
Head back to the inn, and see if my husband is waiting for me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 27, 2011, 05:44:57 pm
Hubby's in the room. He looks unhappy.

"Where were you, Stephanie? Why did you leave the room! I've been looking all over!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 27, 2011, 05:56:02 pm
Do my best to imitate her manner of speaking, lacing some charm into it to draw away his suspicions.

"I do apologise. I was feeling a tad ill, so I took a walk, to get some fresh air. I feel much better now."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 27, 2011, 05:58:50 pm
"Great. Just be sure to look your best at the ball, we want to win the Earl's favor, then he'll speak well of us."

Your hubby makes sure everything's in order before opening the door for you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 27, 2011, 06:20:46 pm
Smile and walk out with him, walking with him to the ball in as dignified a manner as possible.

"You remembered the invitations, didn't you, dear?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 27, 2011, 06:25:06 pm
"Right here," he says, taking them out of his pocket. He smiles, then puts his arm around you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 27, 2011, 06:31:43 pm
Rest my head on his shoulder, letting myself enjoy my own lie.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 27, 2011, 06:40:17 pm
You arrive at the hall once again, this time your husband presents the invitations. The doorman waves you through, and you enter the main room of the hall, decorated with lavish banners and many tables, a nice chandelier hanging above the dance floor. There's a band on a stage to the side, tuning up their various instruments. There's no sign of the Earl yet.

"Come on, honey, let's dance," says your husband, as the band starts playing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 27, 2011, 06:46:53 pm
"I'm a tiny bit nervous, so forgive me if I make a mess of this..."

Dance with him, and let him lead.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 27, 2011, 06:49:59 pm
You're not a dancer, but you let him lead you and everything mostly goes well.

Your hubby's leaning in. He's going to kiss you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 27, 2011, 06:57:57 pm
Feel disgusted by the thought, but then realise how funny it'll be when he finds out he kissed a corpse, and kiss him back.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 27, 2011, 07:04:09 pm
"...Honey, not to be insulting, but your breath is terrible. You should have brushed your teeth before we came here," he says.

You smile on the inside before realizing that the dancing has stopped. A line of trumpeters blow their horns, signaling the approach of someone regal.

"PRESENTING, THE EARL OF GLOUHEIM," a deep-voiced speaker announces.

To a small fanfare, and surrounded by guards, the Earl presents himself to the crowd. He's much tidier than you remember him, his red headband absent, his hair tied up. He seems to have washed for this occasion as well. You remembered how dirty his face was when he was busy with you...

You're filled with absolute hatred.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 28, 2011, 06:05:23 pm
Observe, paying careful attention to see whether he can see through my guise like the Prince could.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 28, 2011, 07:17:18 pm
You suspect all your targets see you for exactly who you are, the woman they raped, the woman they slaughtered. His eyes don't seem to fall on you, he seems preoccupied with waving and smiling like a jackass while everyone claps at him. You note that he's tailed by two additional men, who don't appear to be his personal guards. They're dressed in a somewhat less regal fashion, with hooded robing and iron gauntlets.

The applause dies down, and the ball resumes, the Earl allowing guests to speak with him, though only after they're waved through by his guards. He sits upon a wooden throne, which seems to be a bit in front of a door that the servants are using to bring out food and refreshments.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 28, 2011, 07:55:48 pm
"Do you think we should speak to him?"

Take note of where all the guards and hooded men are in relation to the Earl.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 28, 2011, 08:02:56 pm
The hooded men are on either side of the throne, and the guards are in rows on either side. If you had to guess, the hooded men would probably have to be court-sanctioned mages.

"We could, though I can't honestly think of what I'd say to him. Why, do you?" your husband asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 28, 2011, 08:16:08 pm
"Well, if we want his favour we can't simply ignore him, dear. Perhaps we should just greet him and see where it goes from there."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 28, 2011, 08:22:29 pm
"Yes...perhaps you're right. Come."

Your husband and you walk hand in hand up the stairs. The guard takes a glance at you before waving you through. "Fine, just make it quick."

You step up to the Earl, who is currently speaking with one of the robed men. You're about five feet away from him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 28, 2011, 08:34:35 pm
"It's been a while, hasn't it?"

Smile.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 28, 2011, 08:39:08 pm
The Earl clears his throat then turns to you, before his eyes go wide.

"GUARDS! ARREST THIS WOMAN IMMEDIATELY!" he yells, just as a crash resounds from the ceiling above.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 28, 2011, 08:56:14 pm
Hope that was Pyro taking some initiative, and take advantage of the brief distraction.

Pull out my gun and dagger. Fire at the Earl's stomach to keep him from going anywhere quickly, and divert some attention to treating him. At the same time, break through a row of guards, so that I'm no longer surrounded.

As I'm doing this, shout while laughing madly.

"YOU THOUGHT I WAS DEAD? YOU WERE RIGHT!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 28, 2011, 09:02:36 pm
You hear struggling behind you, and screaming. You don't turn to look, but you do pull out your gun and fire a shot!

Click.

THE GUN JAMMED.

The Earl quickly draws a sword as you dive to the side, one of the mages firing a blast of ice that hits your husband!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 28, 2011, 09:18:42 pm
"SHODDY PIECE OF SHIT! NO WONDER CONSIDERING THE PREVIOUS OWNER!"

Hastily pocket it and ready my knife. Look at the source of the struggling while preparing to defend against the guards and the Earl.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 28, 2011, 09:30:03 pm
The Earl makes a break for the kitchen door as you look at Pyro fighting some person wearing a black robe, in an intimidating mask that you can't get a good view of. The two wizards are your main concern now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on December 28, 2011, 09:44:29 pm
Rush for the kitchen after the earl. Drop the guise, while I'm at it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 29, 2011, 01:06:09 am
"STEPHANIE!?" your not-husband calls after you as you chase the Earl.

You dodge around the guards and the mages, entering the kitchen. It's a small area, with a lot of cooks and servers taking cover and getting out of your way as you run after the Earl. The Earl knocks over a few kettles into your path, before throwing open the back door and running into the streets!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 05, 2012, 05:18:28 pm
Jump past the kettles, and run into the street after him, deciding for future reference that any sort of plan is a dumb idea.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 05, 2012, 05:32:36 pm
You're not sure whether or not Pyro's managing himself. It worries you slightly, especially since you don't know who his aggressor was.

As you run through the back alleys, the Earl gives a shout before suddenly exploding into a mess of fur, claws, and teeth. The transformation is nearly instantaneous, and even though you've never seen a werewolf before, you know that this is a powerful one. It's massive, looking to be about eight feet long while on four legs. You might want to reconsider your strategy, especially since it's outpacing you greatly now!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 05, 2012, 06:09:22 pm
"I KNEW IT!"

Decide that I'm not going to get anywhere with this, but that I at least know something useful now. Make the most of my plan, and run back to the ball to help Pyro, cutting up everybody I see on the way there.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 05, 2012, 06:38:50 pm
You enter through the kitchen, the staff perhaps even more surprised by your reentry. You effortlessly render them tasty carcasses with your blades.

The ballroom is quite empty, save for Pyro and that other guy blasting each other with magic beams. It's a very sloppy fight, chunks getting taken out of the walls and whatnot.

The man in black is wearing what appears to be an ornate porcelain mask, the face resembling the face of a child's doll.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 05, 2012, 06:45:39 pm
Hatch a cunning plan.

Creep up on the other masked guy, and pull the mask off his face.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 05, 2012, 07:08:28 pm
You start sneaking, but the two mages move around a lot, which leads to you nearly taking a fireball to the chest.

Suddenly, the black mage is in front of you.

"Surely you're stronger than THAT sad display, Pyro! Don't you want to dole out your retribution?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 05, 2012, 07:49:32 pm
Decide that I wouldn't want me attacking the mage if I were Pyro, and find another way to help him.

Tap the mage on the shoulder.

"So do you wear that mask to hide your burns, or what? I don't get it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 05, 2012, 09:17:51 pm
You dodge a quick fist aimed at your head, smiling as the black mage gets blasted in the back, crying out in pain before erecting a small magic barrier, suddenly wary that he's facing two assailants.

"LET'S SEE YOU FIGHT WHEN THERE'S MORE THAN ONE OF US YOU CHEAP-SHOTTING WRETCH!" screams Pyro, unrelenting.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 06, 2012, 05:08:38 pm
"Why can't my prey be more like yours, Pyro? Mine just turned into a wolf and buggered off, but yours rather helpfully offered itself to you. Seems this doesn't have to be a total waste..."

Roll, and position myself a few metres behind the mage, knife drawn.

"Your prey, your lead."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 06, 2012, 05:28:20 pm
The mage in front of you sighs, then flicks his hand quickly before charging at Pyro.

YOU'RE ON FIRE! WHY ARE YOU ON FIRE!?
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 06, 2012, 05:55:58 pm
Roll around on the ground, screaming.

"CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER FUCKING CHEATER SON OF A BITCH FUCKING CHEATER BASTARD."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 06, 2012, 06:07:16 pm
"It doesn't matter how much people respect you when they're on fire!" exclaims the black mage, fighting an angered Pyro as usual. You succeed in putting out the flames, but you're unsure of the amount of damage you've incurred upon yourself and your fashionable clothing.

You've got a good shot at the bastard now, he's not even looking at you...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 06, 2012, 06:15:15 pm
Fuck courtesy. Go for the spine.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 06, 2012, 06:31:41 pm
You cut him open from behind, surprised to find that he does not bleed like you would have liked. His blood pours out, steaming hot. It runs down his back, soaking his cloak. He doesn't cry out, either, but he turns to you, his utmost scorn hidden by his expressionless mask.

"I can't have a proper fight with you around...fine." He evaporates into a cloud of smoke, exiting the hall.

"YOU BASTARD! COME BACK! YOU WEREN'T AFRAID OF THE ODDS WHEN YOU SLAUGHTERED THAT VILLAGE, NOW WERE YOU!?" Pyro shoots more fire, in vain, stamping his foot upon the ground, cracking the floor.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 06, 2012, 06:39:39 pm
Inspect my cloak, less concerned about my wounds than the condition it's in.

"The goal you mentioned..?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 06, 2012, 06:46:09 pm
"KILL HIM." Pyro literally steams.

Your cloak doesn't seem burned, nor do you. You're glad for that, since it would be a shame to lose your most cherished piece of clothing. It would just look weird for you to be walking around wearing what you're wearing underneath.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 06, 2012, 06:54:06 pm
"I guessed that... Well, we both lost our targets, but I guess we fight better as a team. If I had have let you burn the Earl before that guy showed up he wouldn't have gotten away."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 06, 2012, 06:59:02 pm
"How exactly did he get away?" asks Pyro. "He didn't seem like the athletic sort."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 06, 2012, 07:01:40 pm
"I was gaining on him before he decided to confirm the werewolf rumours for me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 06, 2012, 07:10:30 pm
"If he's a werewolf, surely there must be a den of werewolves somewhere near this city. People would probably know about a den of werewolves..."

Suddenly, lines of men flood into the hall from the front door, armed with pikes and swords and bows.

"I'm not in the mood to fight these men," Pyro says, sighing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 06, 2012, 07:12:14 pm
Mutter to him.
"But if we back off we look stupid."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 06, 2012, 07:17:05 pm
"There is no stupidity in staying alive," says Pyro, before turning into smoke.

The men start to charge for you, a wall of pikes advancing!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 06, 2012, 07:23:32 pm
"I'm out of reasons to stay here. You're all rather lucky."

Perform my most impressive sprint manageable through the kitchen door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 06, 2012, 07:34:04 pm
You're pressed for time, so a simple diving roll is all you manage to come up with. You make good time through the kitchen, though the guards have trouble with the slippery floor piled with bodies, so you make it into the alley without anyone following.

It's dark outside now, you should really ponder what your next move is.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 06, 2012, 08:47:49 pm
"Pyro, I want to flush out these werewolves. Thinking what I'm thinking?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 06, 2012, 08:58:09 pm
Pyro reappears beside you. "How now, brown cow?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 07, 2012, 12:46:18 pm
"Simple, really. We kill everyone close to the Earl and burn down anything he might be fond of. Even if he doesn't come after us, it'll make him miserable."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 07, 2012, 01:58:19 pm
"That sounds nice...might cheer me up after that fight. Oh, by the way, we should find the others."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 07, 2012, 06:26:06 pm
"The others? Oh, right, them. We'll leave them there until we need to make the getaway. We probably won't finish my quarrel with the Earl here. Where's he the Earl of again?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 07, 2012, 06:40:43 pm
"Glouheim, the city we happen to be in." Pyro looks down the alley. "Are you sure we shouldn't update them on this?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 07, 2012, 07:40:34 pm
"Let's compromise. We burn down his personal inn, then we inform them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 07, 2012, 07:48:59 pm
"...You're going to have to meet me halfway on that," Pyro raises his hands, "I've exhausted myself."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 07, 2012, 08:22:59 pm
"Let's take a break, then. You could probably use some sleep, and I could use the time to think."

Start heading carefully for the carriage.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 07, 2012, 08:38:14 pm
The guards are on high alert, and as you prepare to leave the alleyway you realize that you dropped your disguise earlier, but you're conflicted as to how you should proceed since your disguise might also be suspicious as well.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 07, 2012, 09:32:40 pm
See if I can manage any of my older disguises, then remember that it's the most recent blood I drink. See if I have the blood of any of the kitchen-servants on my cloak, and suck it out of the fabric.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 07, 2012, 09:41:44 pm
You have trouble finding it on your cloak, but you have plenty of blood all over your shoes. You take a few licks.

You transform into a nondescript man, you should be able to slip by easily.

"Go on...I'll catch up with you." Pyro says, sitting against a wall.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 07, 2012, 09:47:28 pm
"Alright, see you at the carriage."

Casually walk to where the carriage is hidden.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 07, 2012, 09:53:00 pm
You see the carriage, parked a short distance outside of the city gate. Upon entering, Becky, your baby, and Rekchev turn to you.

"That's you, right?" asks Rekchev.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 07, 2012, 09:58:08 pm
Decide to see how competently they'd react if I was a complete stranger.

"Who? What're you doing here?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 07, 2012, 10:05:43 pm
"...This is our carriage, you idiot! We should be asking you!" chimes in Becky.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 07, 2012, 10:14:28 pm
"...Is that a dragon? I'm getting the guards."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 07, 2012, 10:19:49 pm
"...Hold on, Widow, your baby can tell its you. It's telling me that right now," says Becky, stroking your baby's head.

"Eh, who opens up random carriages anyway?" mutters Rekchev before closing his eyes and leaning back.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 07, 2012, 10:29:20 pm
Reveal myself.

"I was in disguise anyway and thought I may as well see how you reacted. We're going to be here in Glockleem or whatever it is for a while longer. The Earl turned into a werewolf and buggered off, so we're going to systematically kill and burn everyone and everything he cares about until he comes to us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 07, 2012, 10:34:13 pm
"Well, how can we help?" asks Becky, your baby jumping onto your shoulders, nuzzling your neck.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 07, 2012, 11:12:30 pm
Stroke him gently, distracted for a few seconds before remembering I'm in the middle of a conversation.

"During the day, we'll stay here while you two chat with people, figuring out what places the Earl frequents, and the names of people who he might care about. Becky, you'd be best chatting with young men. Rek, you're a bit less casual, but get me the names of a few of the seedier places and he'll probably like one of them. I'm sure there are lots of businesses that would brag about the Earl being a frequent customer, and knowing people there's probably plenty of gossip going around about his family. Every night, Pyro and I will burn down his favourite places and butcher his friends and family."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 07, 2012, 11:18:42 pm
"Sounds...alright," says Becky. "But don't you also have a bunch of other people to go after? What about them? We can't just spend all our time here."

"I already know of several businesses that the Earl personally endorses," says Rekchev. "His servants make a regular routine of passing by my spot."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 07, 2012, 11:25:48 pm
"That's perfect! We'll get right to burning those. Can you follow the servants tomorrow and see where they live? Becky, my only time constraints are how long it takes them to die of old age."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 07, 2012, 11:30:45 pm
It's hard to deny that you really, really want to kill these people as violently as possible. It's really your greatest unlife goal.

"The servants all live in their quarters at the Earl's keep," says Rekchev. "But the businesses they go to are mainly the winery, the butcher's, and the fish stand. But...destroying those would affect the livelihood of a lot of people living here."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 07, 2012, 11:36:04 pm
"After not being able to catch the Earl I killed everyone in the Hall's kitchen instead. To be honest I care more about how cool a fireball the winery's going to make."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 07, 2012, 11:45:42 pm
"Where is Pyro, anyway?" asks Becky, looking outside.

It's been a while, he hasn't shown up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 08, 2012, 09:41:55 am
"...He said he just needed to catch his breath., and that I should go on... He did have a rather exhausting fight, but I guessed he could look after himself... But it has been a while... I guess I'll go back for him...."

Re-disguise, and gently lift my baby off my neck, hugging him for a few seconds before setting him back down inside the carriage.

"I'll be right back."

Go back to where I last saw him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 08, 2012, 01:38:14 pm
You get back to the alley, and find that there are at least half a dozen guards standing outside of it. You're guessing a lot more people got a better look at him than they did at you. A man in a mask and a red robe isn't too discreet.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 08, 2012, 02:04:15 pm
Go into another alley, climb onto a building next to where the guards are standing, and see what the situation is from there.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 08, 2012, 02:31:53 pm
Two guards have Pyro by the arms, and the rest have their pikes pointed at him. They're going over their basic legal bullshit with him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 08, 2012, 02:57:34 pm
Realise how easily one could stick a pike into him when I jump down, and wait patiently to see if the group splits, or somebody lags behind.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 08, 2012, 04:28:19 pm
They haul Pyro up, and start leading him across the street. The guards seem more relaxed now, they don't have their pikes trained on him. Two have his arms, two are at his back, and two lead.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 08, 2012, 04:33:02 pm
Quietly climb down from the roof, and walk run over to the guards, still disguised.

"Guards, the hooded woman who ran out of the hall is breaking into the Earl's personal inn! All the guards nearby are dead!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 08, 2012, 05:27:41 pm
"Thank you for the tip, miss!" says the lead guard. He orders one of the guards in front to go warn the others.

Now there are five, and you have their attention.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 08, 2012, 05:39:38 pm
"Thank you for helping us all."

Walk off, taking a different route from the guard who left, but one which will let me take a turn and intercept him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 08, 2012, 05:47:30 pm
You once again take advantage of the alleyways, and resume to outpace the guard before perching on a rooftop. You've got a clear vantage point of him, and it seems that nobody else is around.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 08, 2012, 06:01:25 pm
Hop down from the roof, behind him.

"Such a fool."

Reveal myself, and stab him in the throat, smiling as he gurgles.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 08, 2012, 06:06:19 pm
And does he gurgle! He falls over, choking on his own blood pooling in his airway. Now he's all yours...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 08, 2012, 06:13:09 pm
Drink some of the blood, and see if I have any containers on me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 08, 2012, 06:16:45 pm
You don't have any containers on you, but you doubt it would be hard to find one.

You slowly shift into the guard, feeling your limbs fill out with lean muscle. It's still laughable compared to your unholy strength, though.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 08, 2012, 06:25:50 pm
Screw it, aware of how I have to hurry.

Pick up the man's weapons, looking at the pike curiously.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 08, 2012, 06:28:37 pm
You find a dagger and a hip flask in addition to the pike.

The pike seems reliable, with a polished wooden handle and lacquered wooden carvings etched into the pole, and designs on the spear tip. It's quite lightweight.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 08, 2012, 06:33:29 pm
Decide I like this new weapon, and that a second dagger could come in handy. Giggle at how appropriate it is to fill his hipflask with his own blood, while doing just that, and move in the direction Pyro was heading.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 08, 2012, 06:36:09 pm
You start running back, catching up with the other guards in no time. They nod to you as you retake his place in the formation. Pyro remains silent, but you know he's watching you in particular.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 08, 2012, 07:56:01 pm
Use my charm on the guards, to get them talking before my next step.

"You guys see anything like this attack before?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 08, 2012, 08:01:21 pm
"Oh, there was a raid a few years back that wasn't-"
"I fought off a horde of goblins, but-"
"Oh yeah, there was this one time when these three guys tried robbing a store-"

They're all talking.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 08, 2012, 08:13:10 pm
While none of them are focused on me, spring into action. Swing the side-blade of my pike at full force, cutting right through the neck of the man beside me, and continuing on to fatally wound one of the men holding Pyro. Quickly pull it out, and while revealing myself, ram it at full force into the gut of the other, letting go as he's knocked backwards. Grab Pyro before he goes down with him, and pull him roughly away, shoving him to safety. Draw my daggers as the other two attack.

"You've seen nothing like me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 08, 2012, 08:18:48 pm
Everybody's dead and Pyro turned to smoke to avoid the attack.

"Well, that made my night," says Pyro. "Let's get the hell out of here."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 08, 2012, 08:23:41 pm
Stop being delighted as realisation slowly dawns upon me.

"...Why the fuck didn't you just turn to smoke in the first place?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 08, 2012, 08:25:52 pm
"I could only manage it for a few seconds...I'm going to lie down now."

Pyro falls forward onto the ground.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 08, 2012, 08:44:01 pm
Quickly move over to him, about to pick him up, before suddenly realising I could see his face.

Move my hand over to his mask for a few moments, about to remove it, then sigh deeply, and stop. Get up, sling him over my shoulder, and pick up my pike, before trying to slip out of the city through the alleys.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 08, 2012, 08:50:57 pm
You make it back to the carriage, lugging Pyro's full weight into the cabin. Becky appears to be asleep, while Rekchev gives you a shrug.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 08, 2012, 08:55:32 pm
"Old coot was getting himself arrested. I got a nice pike and a great disguise out of it, so it's not all bad."

Set Pyro down gently inside the carriage, and sit next to him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 08, 2012, 09:00:49 pm
"Old? He seems quite young to me. What the hell happened in there anyway?" Rekchev says, eating a leg of chicken.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 08, 2012, 09:14:20 pm
"How am I meant to tell with that mask on? And I'm not entirely sure, myself. That reminds me. When you're out tomorrow, pick up the rumours about what happened at the ball. I'm interested in hearing them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 08, 2012, 09:20:46 pm
"I hear things whether I feel like it or not. Now, about that pay..." Rekchev says, rubbing his hands.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 09, 2012, 03:03:06 pm
"Right now you're sheltered and fed, and I did give you a sapphire. I don't really have any use for money, so if I get anything valuable I can't use for magic, it's yours. If you're not happy with that you can go your own way any time you feel like it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 09, 2012, 03:25:11 pm
"I'll welcome anything." Rekchev closes his eyes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 09, 2012, 04:21:22 pm
Close my own eyes, as well, for a few minutes.

"Oh, wait. I can't sleep. Fucking hell."

Leave, and go for a walk.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 09, 2012, 04:34:42 pm
You stop by a cold stream, underneath a willow. It's quiet out here, in the wake of your recent escapades. As you look at your reflection in the water, the nagging question arises. Who were you?
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 09, 2012, 04:50:56 pm
Let out a grunt of frustration at the thought, and wander downstream.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 09, 2012, 05:00:08 pm
You notice a small camp set up here, several tents around a dim fire. If you felt like it, you could easily ransack the place.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 09, 2012, 05:13:08 pm
Feel a strange urge, and walk into the campsite. Open up a tent, and look inside, whispering.

"Hello?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 09, 2012, 05:25:16 pm
A man is sleeping inside, and he turns over, his sleep disturbed by your intrusion.

"Huh? Who is that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 09, 2012, 05:28:27 pm
"Do you want to... talk or something?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 09, 2012, 05:37:04 pm
The man looks at you, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Who the hell are you? What are you doing here?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 09, 2012, 05:41:12 pm
"I call myself Widow. You know, you're the first normal person to ever really get a chance to talk to me like this. Can I come in?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 09, 2012, 05:48:18 pm
The man looks at you oddly as he gets up. "Don't try anything funny..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 09, 2012, 05:53:22 pm
Get into the tent, and zip it shut behind me, slowing down.

"...I've never actually done this before. I can't remember enough of the world to think of anything to talk about... I was at the masquerade ball tonight, though!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 09, 2012, 05:59:31 pm
"What are you even doing here?" he asks. "It's not normal to just walk into a campsite and start talking to someone who's sleeping!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 09, 2012, 06:14:35 pm
"Is it not? I'm rusty when it comes to social etiquette. I can't physically sleep, and there was nothing I needed to do tonight, so I thought I'd find somebody to talk to for a change of pace."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 09, 2012, 06:19:46 pm
"What do you mean you can't physically sleep? Do you have insomnia or something?"

You almost tell him flat out, but you realize that this is a person you're talking to normally, and you wouldn't want to scare him off. No, you DON'T want to scare him off...you need to talk to him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 09, 2012, 06:30:00 pm
"Yeah, I guess I do. I can't remember what sleeping's like, unless you count dea- I mean, daydreaming. So what're all these tents up for when Glokelime is so close?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 09, 2012, 06:43:16 pm
"Glouheim's miles away! What are you talking about?"

You realize that you'd been walking for quite a while.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 09, 2012, 06:55:27 pm
"...Wait, I must have been walking all night and not realised it... I don't like Glouheim. The Earl's a werewolf and killed me with a bunch of other peop- I mean- I didn't actually mean tha- I..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 09, 2012, 07:00:14 pm
"...Are you okay, miss? I've heard the rumors, and I'm a believer in that myself, but did you say that he killed you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 09, 2012, 07:24:27 pm
"Alright, I'm undead, okay? I'm guessing that this is the part where you run off screaming."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 09, 2012, 07:25:49 pm
"Undead? You mean you're a vampire? Wait, did y-!?"

The man quickly checks his neck.

"You didn't suck out my blood, did you!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 09, 2012, 07:50:07 pm
Shrug, and start being much more honest, since he seems to be open-minded.

"I'm a zombie or something. I think somebody reanimated me, but I don't know why. I woke up with this unbearable urge to get revenge. I already killed the Prince of Paudina, but the Earl is trickier. I massacred the ball and chased after him, but he went wolf-form and outran me. My... my friend Pyro is asleep after exhausting himself, so I went out for a wander. You seem nice, though. I'm glad I didn't just shove my pike into the tent like I normally would."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 09, 2012, 07:55:52 pm
"...I have heard of such legends...you are a revenant, are you not? You died a violent death...perhaps your anger and need for vengeance in death is what convinced a mischievous god into sending you back..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 09, 2012, 08:01:03 pm
"...A revenant? That sounds cool, actually. I should talk to humans more often. What else do the legends say?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 09, 2012, 08:08:30 pm
"Where did you wake up? In the process of becoming a revenant, the person's memories and original personality are stripped away, replaced only with memories relating to their killers, and the burning desire to murder them. Revenants are extremely rare, in fact. I don't believe I've heard any stories of one having existed in the last 50 years at the least!"

The man is more in awe of you now than in shock.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 09, 2012, 08:13:57 pm
"In some place, near a river, or a pond. I'm not sure, but I think this is the third town I've been to. Since you seem to be good with your supernatural stuff, what kills werewolves?""
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 09, 2012, 08:17:37 pm
"A swift blade and a fine shield," says the man. "That works for most of everything."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 09, 2012, 08:29:22 pm
"What about you, though? What's your name? Where're you goimg? Who's in the other tents?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 09, 2012, 08:32:08 pm
"My name is Kilroy Jerkins," says the man, stepping out of the tent. "I actually travel alone, these other tents are actually there just to make it look like there are more people with me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 09, 2012, 08:47:49 pm
Best excuse for not adding pointless new characters ever.

"How do you lug around all the tents?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 09, 2012, 08:51:57 pm
"Look at these? You see these muscles? YEAH!"

He flexes his arms, which are quite large. "The way of the strenuous life is the most rewarding! I'm stronger than anybody I've met!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 09, 2012, 09:02:39 pm
Set my pike aside, and wrestle him to the ground, laughing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 09, 2012, 09:09:02 pm
He resists even your attempts.

This guy is seriously strong.

"Off, curious revenant! I cannot be defeated by such a simple assault!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 09, 2012, 09:13:29 pm
"Woah. I decapitated two guards in one swing earlier. You're good."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 09, 2012, 09:21:16 pm
"You're damn right I'm good! I'm Kilroy Jerkins, strongest man in Formina! Anyway, now that I'm up, I'm not sure what to do."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 10, 2012, 12:25:17 pm
"Don't take it you want to help me out with killing the Earl tomorrow night?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 10, 2012, 12:34:26 pm
"Perhaps," he says. "I heard that the werewolves around here were getting riled up, so I came down to cut down the population. You say you chased the Earl off?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 10, 2012, 12:42:41 pm
"What? Really? Yeah, he ran off, but I'm planning on destroying everyone and everything he likes until he shows himself."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 10, 2012, 12:50:03 pm
"And you think you can do that before tomorrow night? Huh. Well, if the werewolf rumor is true, and you chased him off, then wouldn't he just hole up with the werewolf coven?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 10, 2012, 01:22:39 pm
"Where do werewolves tend to hole up?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 10, 2012, 01:27:37 pm
"Miles outside of town," says Kilroy. "You see those mountains over there?" he says as he points to the East. "The Giant's Teeth, that's what they call them. The werewolves have a habitation set up there...and if the Earl's a werewolf, surely he must lead the group. So, where else would he fall back to?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 10, 2012, 01:30:40 pm
"...I still want to burn down the inn and the winery at least, but I think I'll head there tomorrow night..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 10, 2012, 01:32:15 pm
"It's a dangerous hike up," says Kilroy. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I must get to packing. Do you have a place to stay?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 10, 2012, 01:37:46 pm
"Yes, and it's relatively well-hidden. Thank you for your help, Kilroy."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 10, 2012, 01:39:30 pm
"Very well! If you need my assistance, I'll be near the winery buying out whatever they've got!"

Kilroy starts working on the tents.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 10, 2012, 01:48:04 pm
"I'd help you, but I can't for the life of my remember how long the walk back is, so I should get a move on. Farewell."

Head back in the general direction I came from.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 10, 2012, 02:02:27 pm
Paying attention, the walk takes three hours back. You suppose that you should pick up a hobby should travel not be a good option during the night. By the time you arrive back, the sun is staying to come up, and everyone is fast asleep.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 10, 2012, 02:06:41 pm
Disguise myself as a guard, and head into town, looking for a music store or something.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 10, 2012, 02:13:11 pm
Music isn't a particularly popular medium, you'd have to seek out a craftsman of instruments for anything, or you might find a song book in a book shop.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 10, 2012, 02:17:48 pm
Keep scouring the streets for any craftsman who might happen to make instruments.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 10, 2012, 02:47:25 pm
There's a pile of junk collecting outside the hall you crashed last night. Among them are quite a few of the orchestral items, including instruments!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 10, 2012, 02:51:47 pm
Rummage through them, looking for a flute.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 10, 2012, 03:12:56 pm
You have found a flute.

YOU HAVE THE FLUTE. YOU HAVE THE POWER.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 10, 2012, 03:41:25 pm
Try playing something, in the off-chance that I played it in life.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 10, 2012, 04:09:30 pm
You play a little ditty, but it's not very masterful at all. You've got time, though.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 10, 2012, 04:42:55 pm
Head back to the carriage, get just out of earshot, and get rid of my disguise. Sit down on a rock somewhere in the trees, and start practicing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 10, 2012, 04:50:00 pm
The sun rises as you play for quite a while. You start experimenting, figuring out the different notes, and you begin to play a little tune softly. You're reminded of a saying; anyone can learn to play loudly in five minutes, but it takes experience to learn to play softly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 10, 2012, 05:01:26 pm
Pocket the flute, and head back into the carriage.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 10, 2012, 05:18:07 pm
Everybody's still fast asleep, lazies. You think it's about time they woke up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 10, 2012, 06:02:10 pm
Decide I'll let the others sleep, but that I have need of Pyro. Gently shake him awake, whispering.

"You rested up enough? I've got a lot of plans for the next 24 hours."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 10, 2012, 06:08:04 pm
"Where'd you get the flute?" he asks, stepping out of the carriage. "You don't seem like the type who would care for such a thing."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 10, 2012, 06:13:13 pm
"Nights by myself are boring. I needed something to keep me preoccupied. I did go for a wander, though. Found a guy camping and decided to talk to him instead of killing him. His name was Kilroy Jerkins. Pretty helpful guy, actually. I found out both that I'm a revenant, and that there's a village of werewolves at God's Fingers."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 10, 2012, 06:20:38 pm
"...You've certainly got a problem with names," says Pyro offhandedly. "But a flute? Hmm...I bet you could enchant that."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 10, 2012, 06:23:41 pm
"I can't even remember the names of the ones who killed me! Wait, enchanting a flute? Ooh."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 10, 2012, 06:28:51 pm
"Yes, you're certainly the magical type, and it's really tricky...but if you can do that, and you have experience in being a flutist, then it can certainly be a useful bauble..."

Your magic book might be getting a little dusty. It's worth exploring.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 10, 2012, 06:58:57 pm
"It's a shame my magic book was basically incinerated... Wait, was it? My zombie memory is awful."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 10, 2012, 07:04:38 pm
It was mostly incinerated, but there's still a few things you might be able to salvage. You're pretty sure you could try looking for anything specific.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 10, 2012, 07:12:59 pm
"Wait, there might still be a chance of finding something in it.

Find the book, and look for part of it dealing with musical instruments.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 10, 2012, 08:14:49 pm
There's a section dealing with enchanting objects, in which several categories of items are listed as being viable, including musical instruments, which have a small set of their own spells.

It seems that by enchanting a musical instrument, it will have an effect on those who hear its music, save for the player.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 10, 2012, 08:28:08 pm
"If I played this, the enchantment wouldn't affect you, right?"

See if there happens to be spell that fills listeners with unbearable fear.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 10, 2012, 08:40:51 pm
"Of course not! I'm--well, no. A mage such as myself is too powerful to be swayed by such simple enchantments!"

There's a spell for enchanting instruments to inspire a certain feeling in their listeners, with different ingredients required for each feeling. For fear, it is a sample of nightshade.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 10, 2012, 08:43:09 pm
"I think I'll be predictable and go with fear. Just needs some nightshade. You know where that grows?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 10, 2012, 08:55:02 pm
"We might be able to find some along the river, but I hope you know what it looks like," says Pyro. "I've too many things to burn to remember simple plants!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 11, 2012, 01:48:10 pm
"I have no idea, but it's probably darkly coloured or something. Wait, girls like flowers, don't they?"

Walk into the carriage, and shake Becky awake.

"What does Nightshade look like?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 11, 2012, 01:54:26 pm
"Eh...plants..." Becky yawns, turning over.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 11, 2012, 02:15:41 pm
"What colour is it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 11, 2012, 03:39:48 pm
"Purple," she yawns.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 11, 2012, 03:49:02 pm
Immediately head off to the river, eager to enchant this flute.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 11, 2012, 04:27:49 pm
You head down to the river with Pyro, seeing several purple floats as you walk along, though you can't be entirely sure which is nightshade, if any.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 11, 2012, 04:39:13 pm
Take a bit of everything I think is a different purple flower, not wanting to get the wrong emotion.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 11, 2012, 04:47:15 pm
You've got everything you can find, you guess. It's time to enchant this thing!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 11, 2012, 04:57:14 pm
Go back to the carriage, and dump all the flowers in front of Becky.

"Is there any nightshade here?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 11, 2012, 05:15:06 pm
Becky is up by now, and she looks through your collection.

"We have...one." She says, holding up an uprooted plant.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 11, 2012, 05:58:15 pm
"Good. Now, let's see..."

Read what the book tells me to do with it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 11, 2012, 06:05:44 pm
Apparently it is required that the nightshade be burned whilst the instrument intended to be enchanted be played. The effect will be tied to a specific set of notes of the caster's choosing, and upon playing those notes, the effect will take hold of anyone who hears it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 11, 2012, 06:52:03 pm
Sit down and improvise, thinking carefully about my death as I play until I get something slightly fast, and very eerie.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 11, 2012, 07:00:42 pm
You get a melody going, the music starting with a quick trilling while growing in intensity, before exploding into a semi-chaotic mess of notes, and a rhythmic repeating line of deeper notes before ending on a quick high-pitched strain.

The nightshade burns away, and you feel a special quality within your instrument.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 11, 2012, 08:13:59 pm
Smile, playing it again.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 11, 2012, 08:24:18 pm
You play the song again, Pyro standing by as you play the melody of your last breath, scattering a hare, and stopping Rekchev's loud snoring from within the carriage.

You're going to have fun with this.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 11, 2012, 08:27:30 pm
"Pyro, are you in the mood to burn down a winery?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 11, 2012, 08:32:15 pm
Pyro laughs. "OF COURSE!"

You'd best make sure Kilroy isn't still shopping. He's the strongest man in Formina, after all.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 12, 2012, 01:26:30 pm
Decide that the strongest man in Formina can handle a fire he knew about in advance, but decide to give him fair warning, anyway.

"Alright, we'll strike the inn, first, then quickly move to the winery and turn it into a towering inferno. If any of the Earl's other businesses are near it, we'll destroy those, too."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 12, 2012, 01:39:40 pm
"Don't make me work too hard," says Pyro. "If they're not easily flammable, I'd be better off with a torch! I'm really sore from that fight!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 12, 2012, 01:49:48 pm
"The winery will be pretty easy, and I can't remember what the inn's made out of. If the inn is stone I'll just butcher everyone inside, instead."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 12, 2012, 01:55:43 pm
The inn is well-built with stone, but the inside is most certainly flammable wood. You remember that from earlier.

It's amusing to think what might have become of that woman.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 12, 2012, 02:32:20 pm
Giggle thinking about how little explanation she'll get, and head out with Pyro. Climb onto a rooftop at the outskirts, and move along them towards the inn.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 12, 2012, 02:51:21 pm
You stand atop the inn, after a small hike. Upon locating the chimney, Pyro moves for it.

"On your word!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 12, 2012, 03:22:27 pm
"It's wooden on the inside. I'll kick in the door and start slashing, you go in through the chimney and burn from there."

Climb down the roof, knife and flute in hand. Kick down the door, and walk inside, beginning to play.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 12, 2012, 03:37:19 pm
You get delightful yells from the men and women in the lobby, who get up and start to run, but you easily block the way...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 12, 2012, 03:58:40 pm
Continue playing with one hand as I slash their throats and stomachs open.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 12, 2012, 04:31:17 pm
It's really awkward, but you manage to cut a woman and a man up nicely before the others start running in the other direction, towards the stairs.

Pyro drops down the chimney, landing in the log pile. "SHOULD I START BURNING YET?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 12, 2012, 04:57:28 pm
"BURN THEM! BURN THEM ALL!"

Pocket the flute, and dual-wield knives, standing at the door to make sure nobody escapes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 12, 2012, 05:21:40 pm
EVERYONE IS ON FIRE.

You slaughter the one idiot to stumble your way, and Pyro gets to setting fire to the place. It's about to be nice and toasty in here in a few minutes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 12, 2012, 05:36:21 pm
"It's so beautiful... So, so beautiful..."

Realise how long it's been since I've eaten. Rip into the chest cavity of the man I just killed, tearing out and enjoying his upper organs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 12, 2012, 05:39:24 pm
You drag the body out, munching on the man's lungs while smoke billows out of the windows in the building behind you. Pyro comes out, observing your eating. "Is that necessary right now? Or ever? Come on! Before the fire watch shows up!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 12, 2012, 05:51:56 pm
"Oh, fine."

Quickly climb up a nearby building, heading to the winery.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 12, 2012, 05:59:47 pm
You run over to the winery, seeing Kilroy hauling a cart of wines a ways down the street from it.

Pyro runs inside, yelling with fistfuls of flame.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 12, 2012, 06:01:22 pm
Follow him in, silent apart from my flute.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 12, 2012, 06:08:22 pm
Everybody who was considering fighting Pyro is now making a break for the back door. You see that this place has quite the selection of wines, barrels...oh so flammable things...

"LIGHT IT UP!!!" shouts Pyro, shooting jets of flame in an arc in front of him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 12, 2012, 06:14:16 pm
Quickly step out the front door again, unsure how much of an inferno to expect.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 12, 2012, 06:19:04 pm
Everything lights up really quickly, so it's undoubtedly going to burn to the ground. Meanwhile, those patrons are trying to run away...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 12, 2012, 06:45:46 pm
Pocket the flute, getting out my daggers, and sprint through an alleyway, or over the building if there isn't one nearby, to cut the escapees off at the back.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 12, 2012, 07:01:41 pm
You jump over a fence, into the vineyard, running through vines and posts with grapes. You catch the attendees running for the back gate, slicing each one individually, causing the last one, a youngish man, to stumble and fall over.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 12, 2012, 07:56:08 pm
Approach him, slowly, with a demented smile.

"It's beautiful, isn't it? All of these lives, built up over years and years of existing, suddenly and brutally ended because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. All that living just to provide me with the entertainment of ending them. I'm almost thankful to your Earl, for bringing my curse upon you all."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 12, 2012, 09:20:42 pm
He starts backing up, observing your blood-covered cloak and the gaping second smile in your throat. He can't gather himself to run, or to speak, he's simply entranced by the horror of the situation.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 13, 2012, 03:51:57 pm
Continue advancing, smiling more and more widely, grabbing him by the neck, and lifting him up.

"Do you think that any living person has hope against a revenant?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 13, 2012, 04:08:25 pm
He struggles as you hold him in the air with one hand, his foot striking you weakly.

"*ACK* Please...don't....I have a...family..." he sputters out as his face turns red.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 13, 2012, 04:15:11 pm
"I don't believe you. Prove it. Where do they live?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 13, 2012, 04:25:54 pm
The man can't get the words out, simply raising a hand in a general direction, choking.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 13, 2012, 05:04:33 pm
Loosen my grip on his neck a little.

"Well?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 13, 2012, 05:15:45 pm
The man inhales deeply. "We live on a farm...outside of town, that way..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 13, 2012, 05:58:11 pm
"Alright, I guess I don't want to leave a family without a father."

Set him back down again, and let go of his neck, giving him just a moment to think he's free, before stabbing him in the chest repeatedly, laughing maniacally.

"I'll stop at the farm later to make sure I don't! Farewell!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 13, 2012, 06:25:59 pm
The man keels over, a look of shock on his face as he exhales his last breath.

There's quite the organ harvest you could pull off, here. Somebody's sure to take notice of the burning buildings soon, though, you'd best move quickly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 13, 2012, 07:28:18 pm
Smile, and call out.

"Hey, Pyro. The butcher's and the fish stand are the only two places left that he sponsors. Think we may as well hit them while we're here?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 13, 2012, 07:38:16 pm
"I think they've taken a notice to us!" Pyro says. "There's a group of little toy soldiers coming up!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 13, 2012, 07:52:40 pm
"Let's see how well this flute works against somebody with a reason not to flee."

Find where the soldiers are coming from, and face them with the burning winery and the bloody corpses in my background. Begin to play.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 13, 2012, 07:58:33 pm
You cause the guards to break rank, some of them stepping back, pikes out, and others stopping and putting their pikes out, fewer advancing forward slower than before.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 13, 2012, 08:03:38 pm
Stop for a moment, and call out to them, softly, paying attention to see if they suddenly seem confident again.

"Tell me. Why do you desire to die so much that you'd attack a revenant?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 13, 2012, 08:11:41 pm
The effect isn't as strong as when you were playing, but they're still visibly shaken.

"CEASE AND DESIST, CRIMINAL!" shouts one. "YOUR REIGN OF TERROR ENDS HERE!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 13, 2012, 08:30:11 pm
Let out a long, cackling, creepy laugh. Continue to laugh as I speak.

"You actually think you're heroes, here to be the ones to stop me! Let me tell you something; THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A HERO! You're just another group of poorly trained soldiers, offering little more than angry words in an attempt to kill me! But, alright, I'll humour you, if you still want to try."

Continue playing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 13, 2012, 08:33:42 pm
You get the few who backed up to run off, the ones who stood their ground to back up, and the ones who started advancing to charge, with yells.

Silly men, they think they can overcome their fears with aggression.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 13, 2012, 09:09:41 pm
Pocket the flute, drawing my knives casually, with a smile. Dart around them, aiming for their throats individually.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 13, 2012, 09:20:39 pm
You run forward, hopping off of the tip of one of their pikes, and slashing one, two, three throats. The others fall back, jabbing at you with their crude weaponry, hoping for a hit.

They're much too slow for you, as you take down two more.

One more remains, holding his weapon up at you, eyes wide, teeth clenched.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 14, 2012, 09:18:29 pm
"Humans are so stupid. I gave you far too much warning, and yet you still attacked. I'd give you one last chance out of laziness, but it's probably better to have your intelligence out of the gene pool."

Go in for the kill.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 14, 2012, 09:31:59 pm
The man swipes his pike at you viciously, but you simply lean to the side and stick a knife in his throat. You guess the talent around here is rather low.

Nobody else shows up to challenge you. Meanwhile, Pyro comes back, having burned down the other two areas of interest.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 10:09:33 am
"We're making record time! Good work, Pyro! Now, we have a choice to make. We can head for the werewolves now, during the day when they're probably weaker, or you can get some rest and we can go at night."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 11:52:51 am
"I'm ready! Let's just round together our new friend, and the others, and start heading to the mountains!"

You run outside the city gates to find Kilroy outside, hauling his cart along the road.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 12:01:42 pm
"Hey, Kilroy. We'll get the carriage over here."

Go back to the carriage, and bring it to that road.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 12:05:17 pm
You get the carriage back to Kilroy, who loads his goods onto it. "Quite a nice carriage you've got here," he says, as Becky and Rekchev look out. "And who all do you have here?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 12:17:31 pm
"You can introduce yourselves later. I'd rather we hurried up so I can get my new fur boots as soon as possible."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 12:23:23 pm
"Alright," says Pyro, taking the driver's seat. "Now let's go!"

You and Kilroy get into the carriage, and it starts moving. Kilroy immediately takes interest in the hatchling you have, which is in Becky's lap. "A dragon hatchling? Wherever did you find that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 12:33:26 pm
"Well, I heard something vague about there being a national hero in some castle, so I assumed he was one of the ones who killed me. I found he was already assassinated, but he had this little guy's egg just lying around."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 12:42:47 pm
"Then it must have been a gift," says Kilroy. "Well, it seems he's yours now, but...there's a magical bond between it and the girl."

"How did you know?" asks Becky.

"Because I can sense it," says Kilroy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 12:43:39 pm
"To be honest I don't think this guy needs an explanation for anything."

Start playing my flute, to see how he reacts to it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 12:49:52 pm
Becky, the Dragon, and Rekchev all draw back from you, but Kilroy isn't fazed. "Hah!" he exclaims. "A little enchantment you have there?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 01:17:29 pm
"I'm rather fond of this song, but few others seem to like it as much."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 01:28:49 pm
"That must be because they don't have the proper taste."

Rekchev looks out of the carriage window, sniffs a bit, then puts his head back in. "Storm's coming."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 03:16:47 pm
"You can smell that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 04:33:50 pm
"There are a few signs as to when a storm's about to start, and aside from the cloud cover we're getting, when you start to get the smell of the land a few miles away, it's about to start."

Surely enough, within minutes it is raining. Your carriage starts going up the mountain path, and your baby jumps from Becky's lap to yours, nuzzling against you.

"Question," asks Becky. "If we're the first to get to the Earl after you burned down everything related to him, how is he going to be saddened if he hasn't received the news?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 04:48:29 pm
Cuddle my baby.

"What are you talking about? Oh, right. I still did that out of spite."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 04:57:09 pm
The storm goes on, and as you ride through the mountains you hear occasional howling. Nightfall arrives in a belated manner, your view of the sky obscured by the cloud cover. Eventually, the howling picks up, and the carriage stops.

"We've got a small pack of mutts up the road!" says Pyro. "I don't know what they want, but they're not attacking!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 05:12:04 pm
"Perhaps this is the welcoming committee. I'll greet them."

Hop out of the carriage with my pike, and approach them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 05:29:05 pm
The wolves growl. One speaks.

"WITCH...turn back before the whole lot of us spread your intestines across the valley," it growls, standing roughly six feet tall on two feet, quite furry, quite unhygienic, with golden eyes and teeth sharper than the end of your pike.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 06:01:33 pm
"Witch? I'm a revenant, actually. Maybe my friends will convince you to let me through. Kilroy, Pyro, can you get over here?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 06:04:27 pm
Kilroy and Pyro step out, standing behind you.

"We won't let you intimidate us, corpse," says the werewolf. "Besides, you don't know how outnumbered you really are..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 06:20:20 pm
"Don't worry, your numbers aren't important. I'm only planning on making a few sets of boots, anyway. Now, I was trying to kill the Earl when he ran here like a pussy-cat, so if you don't mind..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 06:23:42 pm
Surprisingly, the werewolves stand aside, but your hopes of getting through without a fight are dashed.

"Go on, there are even more of us ahead."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 06:25:08 pm
Come up with a risky plan, hoping that lycanthropy is simply a normal condition with nothing magical about it.

Walk on through, playing my flute.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 06:33:15 pm
You cause the group of wolves to break out howling, but only a few of them run. The others charge out and start attacking! At least five are confronting you here!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 06:35:00 pm
"YOU KNOW, SOME CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM GOES A LONG WAY!"

Quickly pocket the flute, seeing how easily I can impale one with my pike.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 06:40:03 pm
You thrust with your pike, but the wolf you strike at simply swats it away! You try again, scoring a hit, but you swear the thing almost bounces right off!

Pyro sets one on fire rather easily, you think magic would be the best route to take here.

Meanwhile, Kilroy is wrestling one of the wolves barehanded.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 06:48:45 pm
Draw back a bit, and begin dodging its attacks while playing my flute.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 06:51:35 pm
You play your flute, but you're unsure if it has much effect while the wolves fight with you!

You see a few wolves going up to the carriage! You need to dissuade them!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 07:01:22 pm
Quickly approach the wolves moving towards the carriage from behind, using my persuasion to the limit.

"You know, why're you the ones fighting here, and not your leader? The Earl ran back here when he saw me, perhaps your leader is a coward."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 07:03:24 pm
The wolves freeze, odd looks on their faces as they listen to your input, and then they nod their heads. "You're right! HE IS A COWARD!" They both run off, heading further up the mountain path.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 07:40:44 pm
Clap my hands with glee, and hop into the carriage, steering it further down the road, slowly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 07:45:03 pm
The main fight is almost over, Pyro having burned what Kilroy hasn't wrestled. The two remaining wolves retreat into the trees, leaving you alone on the road once again. Kilroy and Pyro jump back into the carriage.

The storm's picking up. You hear thunder.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 07:54:32 pm
"I convinced two of them to turn on the Earl. Seems they're vulnerable to magic, and I don't have anything direct, so I'll have to play this cleverly..."

Keep the reigns, and move forward, before stopping.

"Wait, I have an idea!"

Hop out, drain my flask, and bottle some werewolf blood.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 08:00:32 pm
You drink the rest of that guard's blood, draining some werewolf blood into the flask. The stuff smells strong, and foul compared to normal human blood. Much less appetizing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 08:10:35 pm
Take a reluctant sip so that I can disguise myself later, and hop back into the carriage, continuing up the mountain.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 08:12:43 pm
If human blood tastes good, werewolf blood tastes like sour milk. You take a sip, though you're not sure if the lycanthropy will carry over to you, or if you'll know how to make it happen.

You ride up the mountain, the howling intense as you walk along, werewolves rushing through the trees frequently, scouting out your progress.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 08:21:01 pm
Play my flute as I continue, deciding that even if they attack, it's causing disorganisation with their scouting.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 08:23:19 pm
The cart drives on.

"Roadblock ahead," says Pyro, noting a barrier of rocks and wolves has been set up on the path. Wolves seem to have you surrounded from three sides, at a safe distance.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 08:41:14 pm
Leave the pike behind this time, walking up to the roadblock.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 08:49:30 pm
The wolves growl at you as you approach, some creeping forward, others laughing and watching as you walk up, having thrown down your weapon.

"You going to do anything without that pike, sweetheart?" asks the wolf in front, laughing at you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 08:57:23 pm
Decide that the magical vulnerability of these werewolves may give me leeway to charm them all with an elaborate lie.

"I've still got two daggers, but that's besides the point. I was wondering if the Earl actually told you he had a daughter."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 09:01:08 pm
"What? What's that have to do with anything!?"

It sparks a bit of discussion in the pack, and the lead wolf motions for you to keep talking.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 15, 2012, 09:21:57 pm
Keep talking, continuing to put effort into the charm.

"The Earl didn't want to have a daughter for an heir, and he knew he was unlikely to have a son, soon, so he kept her a secret, making sure she stayed imprisoned all her life. Eventually, however, she nearly escaped, and he had her put to death. You're likely wondering what this has to do with you."

Use my disguise, drawing it out to make it look like a transformation, hoping the charm stops them noticing any discrepancies.

"I'm his daughter, and I was a werewolf. If he would kill his own daughter, is there any hope for the rest of you? Once the Earl is dead, I can rest, and a more trustworthy leader can take his place."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2012, 09:26:59 pm
You slowly transform, appreciating the cracking of your body and the stretching of your flesh as your build changes, becoming larger and muscular, fur sprouting over most of your body, and your face pulling out into a muzzle, as well as growing a tail, claws sprouting from your hands, sharp teeth in your mouth.

The wolf pack seems to believe you, but the wolf up front speaks up.

"Wait...YOU DON'T SMELL LIKE A FEMALE!"

Oh shit.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 02:20:20 pm
"I'm sorry that you don't think the I smell right, after dying. What's your alternative, that I magically turned into one of you without actually being a werewolf? If you want to believe that, sure, go ahead and get stabbed in the back by your own leader."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 02:24:02 pm
This generates more discussion, the guy in front eventually standing down. "Fine...what's your proposal, then?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 02:29:13 pm
"I'll put it bluntly. I want us to kill that backstabbing coward by any means necessary, for myself, and for all of you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 02:33:16 pm
The werewolves clear up the roadblock, and they agree to go along with your plan.

"The Earl hides just up the path, in the back of the furthest cave. We'll take you there."

The werewolves stack up on either side of the carriage. Pyro takes the driver's seat once more.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 02:33:51 pm
"Thank you."

Follow them on foot.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 02:40:43 pm
You walk with the wolves, about six in total around your cart. You're unsure of their exact numbers, but there are probably much less than they would lead you to believe.

"What is your name, Chief?" asks the wolf commander.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 02:51:00 pm
"It's funny; he never actually named me..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 02:55:51 pm
"Then surely you must come up with your own name, if you are to lead this pack!" says the commander.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 04:17:25 pm
"Call me Widow, then."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 04:20:37 pm
"HAIL WIDOW!" the group shouts.

What idiots.

You pass several caves, smaller ones with camping equipment set up in them, before coming upon the largest cave at the end of the path, which supposedly holds the Earl. Your pack of werewolves steps in front of you as the carriage pulls to a stop.

"Come," says the commander. "We shall settle this matter."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 04:31:22 pm
Follow him, motioning for Pyro and Kilroy to follow.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 04:56:32 pm
Pyro and Kilroy follow you into the cave.

Inside several tables have been set up, various shelves, chests, and bed rolls lying out. There aren't many wolves inside, save for your pack, but that changes as soon as you enter through a makeshift curtain, seeing the Earl, in wolf form, sitting upon a throne, about 12 wolves in front of his throne.

"...Who is this?" asks the Earl, his voice practically guttural.

"Why don't you let HER explain?" the commander says.

The Earl looks at you, standing behind the row of defectors, and his eyes go wide. "YOU..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 05:10:59 pm
Smile more widely than I did at the ball.

"Yes, father, it's me... your dead daughter... Your followers didn't take too kindly to knowing what you'd do to your own kin..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 06:15:14 pm
"What!?" shouts the Earl. "I have no daughter! That is preposterous! I've never had a daughter!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 06:26:58 pm
Suddenly sound enraged, using my persuasion to make it more convincing to the wolves around me.

"THAT'S WHAT YOU TOLD ME EVERY TIME YOU SAW ME ROTTING IN THAT CELL, AND IT'S THE LAST TIME YOU'LL EVER DENY MY EXISTENCE!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 06:33:59 pm
The Earl is taken aback. "WHAT ARE YOU FOOLS WAITING FOR, KILL HER!"

"We no longer answer to you!" shouts the commander.

"AYE!" shout the other wolves with you.

"...GUARDS..." growls the Earl.

The dozen werewolves attack your group!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 07:30:15 pm
"THERE'S NO ESCAPE THIS TIME!"

Dart and shove past the enemy, charging for the Earl, howling.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 07:34:14 pm
The entire cave is soon thrown up in melee, and you throw yourself onto the Earl, both of you tumbling down in a mess of teeth and claws. The Earl manages to open up a few wounds in your torso, the two of you rolling down the stairs before the throne. The Earl dismounts you with an aggressive kick while running for the cave entrance!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 07:43:55 pm
Chase after him, angrier than ever before.

"PYRO, SLOW HIM DOWN!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 07:49:50 pm
Pyro is preoccupied, but throws  fireball in the Earl's direction, alighting him as he flees, causing him to roll wildly! He may have been able to run faster than you back in the city, but now that you're on equal standing with each other...he's not getting away.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 07:57:52 pm
Catch up with him, making it my first priority to do as much damage to his legs as possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 08:01:34 pm
You leap, sliding into him at a high speed and sweeping his legs out from under him, causing him to slam against the ground! He gets up, taking a few swipes at you before locking arms with you.

"I SEE YOUR TRUE FORM...DEMON...YOU SHOULD'VE JUST STAYED DEAD!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 08:13:34 pm
Smile smugly, talking just loud enough for him to hear, but not for anybody else over noise of the battle.

"I knew full well you could. So could the Prince when he still had his limbs."

Try overpowering him with my arms, while kicking repeatedly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 08:17:11 pm
You receive a quick headbutt for your troubles, becoming slightly dazed while the Earl opens up the skin down your stomach with his back legs, laughing while tossing you to the side. "You can't best me! I've been a werewolf all my life! You've only stolen the skin of one for an hour!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 08:27:08 pm
"You're going nowhere! This ends when BOTH of us are dead!"

Dive towards him on all fours, biting deep into his leg.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 08:30:44 pm
You languish in the bleeding of your wounds, but the smell of the Earl's blood on your nose, and the taste of it in your mouth, takes you above the pain.

You need more of it.

The Earl snarls as you tear into his leg, the two of you fighting until you move out of the cave, fighting at the edge of the mountain path until your precarious footing causes the two of you to fall off, tumbling down the side of the mountain!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 08:45:33 pm
Grapple with him, using his bulk against him as I try using him to break my fall.

"You did this yourself! When you killed me, you caused all the deaths at the ball, the inn, the fish stand, the butcher's, the winery! You caused your followers to betray you for obvious lies! NOW YOU'VE CAUSED YOUR OWN DEATH, TOO!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 08:48:14 pm
You crash down onto him at the bottom of the rocky slope, tumbling a ways before coming to a stop, observing his crippled body lying at the foot of the rise. You see his form slowly change back into that of a man.

He's not getting up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 08:57:15 pm
Turn back to my normal form, standing over his corpse, breathing ragged, angry breaths.

"You died too quickly, you weak bastard... But it was satisfying..."

Draw my knife, and sever his head.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 09:01:05 pm
You end his life, his last conscious action is to weakly put his arms up, gurgling.

It takes a few swings, but you get it right eventually. His head comes off...the meat's all yours to enjoy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 09:10:23 pm
"Oh, so you were still alive? Oh, well, I'll just torture the next one twice as much to compensate."

Smash his skull off a rock, devouring his brains.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 09:15:07 pm
You eat the Earl's brains, then fall upon the rest of his body.

It shouldn't take long to climb back up, assuming that you're done mutilating the Earl's corpse. He's got nothing on him, seeing that he isn't wearing any clothes and that his possessions are most likely back in the cave.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 09:23:12 pm
Drink the Earl's blood to save for disguising later, keeping the werewolf blood bottled.

Stab the Earl's corpse all over the place, scattering his body parts around the area. Take his head by the hair, and carry it up the mountain with me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 09:30:07 pm
You take what's left of his head and hurry back up.

The wolf pack is scattered, and what's left of it is cleaning up the mess. Pyro and Kilroy, along with the commander, acknowledge you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 09:46:02 pm
"Bastard's finally dead..."

Point to the commander.

"You lead well, I think you should take charge."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 09:58:43 pm
"What do you mean lead? You were the Earl's daughter, were you not?" asks the commander.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 10:10:24 pm
"I still don't feel satisfied. I thought simply killing the Earl would grant me closure, so I didn't bother mentioning that he had some friends with him, watching and laughing as he slit my throat... I need to kill everyone who was there at the time... I sense they've all travelled far, so I can't stay to lead."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 10:15:48 pm
"...I see," says the commander. "Then by all means, I'll tell you what I know of the Earl's acquaintances. Not a week ago, he came up here with two men. One was blonde-haired, with the hands of a noble, and the clothes of one as well. The second was a giant...he was clad in the sturdiest armor, and he carried the greatest sword I have ever seen. They were talking about heading for Maldonia, the capital. You would do good to seek him out there."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 10:24:25 pm
"I'll head there, thank you. Did the Earl have any belongings I might want?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 10:28:43 pm
"Certainly," says the commander. "His personal chamber is all yours."

You are led back into a door behind the throne, a room with a bed, several chests, and a cabinet.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 10:29:56 pm
Raid the chests and the cabinet.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 10:33:46 pm
Looking through the chests and cabinet, you find many gemstones, some imbued with a strange power. In addition, you find a hidebound book, in addition to the Earl's clothing, a magical staff of some sort, several swords, and a bear trap.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 10:35:52 pm
Pocket all the gemstones to inspect later, and fiddle about with the staff while reading the book.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 10:37:43 pm
The book is on necromancy.

NECROMANCY.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 10:43:53 pm
Start reading faster than I've ever read in my undeath.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 10:49:56 pm
Common everyday gems...they can be used to contain souls. You can use these souls in order to resurrect zombies to your command...and this staff is the instrument enchanted specifically to help with that part. Normally it takes a few souls to resurrect a zombie, and the more souls you put into making a zombie, the longer the zombie will be able to hold up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 10:56:29 pm
Pocket the book, smiling at my exciting new toys. Look at some of the swords.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 11:00:43 pm
The swords are variously built. You've got a quick rapier, a fine cutlass, a brutish claymore, a fashionable scimitar, and a sturdy hand and a half sword to choose from.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 16, 2012, 11:04:43 pm
Take the cutlass, and leave the room, finding Kilroy and Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 16, 2012, 11:07:10 pm
Kilroy and Pyro stand near the throne. "What's all this you've got there?" asks Pyro, seeming to take an interest in the magical gear.

"And you seem to have a fine blade as well!" says Kilroy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 17, 2012, 12:49:17 pm
"Would you believe he was a necromancer? I'm going to have to try a bit of it..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 17, 2012, 12:53:33 pm
"I'm up for that!" says Pyro, gleefully.

"Shall we discuss this back in the carriage?" asks Kilroy. "It's certainly going to be harder to deal with this rain."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 17, 2012, 12:57:28 pm
"Good point. Commander, thanks for everything!"

Head back to the carriage.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 17, 2012, 01:01:34 pm
The commander bows his head in respect for you as you walk back to the carriage, the entire group howling as you ride back down the mountain.

"So, where shall we get a body?" asks Pyro. "and what about these gems of yours, how many are charged?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 17, 2012, 01:08:16 pm
"Unsure, but tell me how powerful these are."

Hand Pyro all the stones.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 17, 2012, 01:15:19 pm
"Moderately," Pyro says at a glance. "As far as unspecialized gems go. There are certain types of gems which are better at holding souls than just sapphires and emeralds and what-have-you!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 17, 2012, 02:36:26 pm
"What types would you recommend, then?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 17, 2012, 03:09:57 pm
"I wouldn't know," says Pyro, "ask an expert! But I know that there's a certain group of them..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 17, 2012, 03:28:19 pm
"Kilroy, do you know anything about them?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 17, 2012, 04:02:15 pm
"I'm a warrior!" proclaims Kilroy. "I'm not some namby-pamby floozy who shoots magic out of his hands!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 17, 2012, 04:33:04 pm
"You're certainly very magically resistant, for whatever reason..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 17, 2012, 05:10:05 pm
 "I am! Aren't I?"

The cart rolls along, coming to a stop alongside the road, in front of the town. "We'll, I'm certainly tired!" remarks Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 17, 2012, 05:17:17 pm
"Get some sleep, then, and we'll head for the capital in the morning. I want to keep the werewolf blood, so I've got one good use out of this disguise."

Disguise myself as the Earl, putting my cutlass in my belt, and heading into town.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 17, 2012, 05:27:04 pm
You head into town, seeing various mourners mourning the dead, a small funeral pyre built out of the scattered remains of the buildings you burned down. The dead are all laid out carefully, and the guards quickly take notice of you. "Sir!" exclaims one that seems to have authority. "While you were away, an attack was made on the city! Villagers were slaughtered, and several buildings were burned to the ground!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 17, 2012, 06:04:53 pm
"...Who's responsible for this?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 17, 2012, 06:18:14 pm
"We're not entirely sure, sir, but witness reports claim that there were only two perpetrators, mainly a man in red robes wearing a mask, and a woman in a black cloak. They seem to be the same ones who attacked you at the ball last night, sir!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 17, 2012, 06:26:17 pm
"...That woman is a revenant... There's remarkably little that can be done against those things... It seems her motivation is to kill me... Send the order around that if the black-cloaked woman is sighted again, that the guards should lower their weapons and offer to take her to me..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 17, 2012, 06:36:02 pm
The guards talk amongst each other in a hushed tone, the head guard raising his eyebrow. "Uh, sir, are you sure that's what we should do? Because if it is indeed the same criminal, she has refused to obey our orders to cease and desist, and has killed quite a few of my men!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 17, 2012, 07:50:04 pm
"If she attacks you, regardless, you're dead. However, if she refuses the offer, you may fight anyway."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 17, 2012, 08:04:07 pm
"Understood, sir," says the captain. "Alright men! Next time we see the hooded lady, we simply ask her kindly first, and then if she starts attacking us we can fight her! We have to trust the Earl with this one!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 18, 2012, 02:39:40 pm
Be about to angrily tell them that's not what I said, but then wonder why I'm trying to improve the reputation of my dead enemy, and keep walking towards the castle.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 18, 2012, 03:12:11 pm
You head toward the castle, finding guards helping villagers, escorting them from their burnt homes, the fire having spread while you were gone. The villagers wave to you as you pass by, seeing you as their beloved Earl. They're quite mistaken.

"Sir!" A guard captain comes up to you. "It's not safe here!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 18, 2012, 03:40:48 pm
"What's your point, captain?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 18, 2012, 03:48:50 pm
"The castle was attacked, sir! A group of people were out to kill you!"

Interesting.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 19, 2012, 04:05:30 pm
Suddenly remember who they were, and anticipate REVENGE FOR WHATEVER IT WAS THEY DID TO ME.

"Describe them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 19, 2012, 04:20:59 pm
"There were three of them, a man disguised as one of the servants, a woman disguised as a maid, and another man not disguised at all, but equipped to steal your valuable assets! We believe they also plotted to kill you personally, sir!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 19, 2012, 04:29:43 pm
"I'd like to see them try. Now, if you don't mind me, I'll return to my castle."

Start walking to the castle, keeping an eye out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 19, 2012, 04:35:05 pm
You don't spot anybody suspicious on the way to the castle, but the way the guard described the thieves reminds you of the group that you met in that unimportant guy's castle. Also, if they stole your rightful possessions, you're going to be quite angry...

Arriving at the castle, a servant comes up to you. "Shall I prepare the hot bath for you, sir?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 19, 2012, 04:42:28 pm
"No thank you. Can you tell me anything about the attack?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 19, 2012, 04:48:56 pm
"Sir, the thieves, if that's all they were, made off with your collection of enchanted swords, as well as a few locked chests filled with other valuables that you may have stored in them. They killed several guards during their exit, it appears they are highly trained."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 19, 2012, 04:52:32 pm
"That's it!"

Go find the nearest guard, a plan hatching.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 19, 2012, 04:58:37 pm
You find a nearby guard, standing at the door. "Sir, is there something wrong?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 19, 2012, 05:29:28 pm
"Yes. Tell your captain to have every single guard currently working in or near the castle to look for the ones who attacked earlier, instead! Yes, I'm sure!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 19, 2012, 05:31:44 pm
"Certainly, sir!" the guard salutes, then runs off.

You're going to have a fun night.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 19, 2012, 05:34:10 pm
Tell my nearest servant.

"I'm rather tired after my trip, so I'll retire early tonight. Make sure all the other servants know that, so that they'll try to be quiet, please."

Look for my bedroom, assuming that it will be immediately obvious for a pig like this.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 19, 2012, 05:37:47 pm
The servant nods.

You find your rightful bedroom just a few halls down from the main entrance hall, amidst gilded pillars and foreign imported ceramics and pictures.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 19, 2012, 05:43:32 pm
Close the door behind me, and hide my cutlass under the covers. Decide that since I'm apparently so tired, it won't look so out-of-place if I just sleep in my clothes, and climb into bed, closing my eyes. Just in case, fidget around occasionally for a few minutes, before laying still, breathing in and out slowly. Listen carefully, hoping that the bait is too much for them to resist.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 19, 2012, 05:50:01 pm
You hear the soft sound of a panel being moved, a rope unfurling to the ground. Someone slides down, carefully approaching...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 19, 2012, 05:54:21 pm
Continue to feign sleep, waiting until they're right next to me...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 19, 2012, 06:04:50 pm
You hear a blade being drawn, determining their position to be right next to your bed...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 19, 2012, 06:09:29 pm
Leap up, cutlass in hand, slashing with a demented grin on my face.

"You like disguises? HOW'S THIS ONE?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 19, 2012, 06:14:36 pm
The figure falls to the ground, having been slashed across the chest! You get up, but then you see your assailant fade away in a spray of black mist...

This either involves magic or your name is Charles Mockingham, and it's not.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 19, 2012, 06:36:16 pm
Shit, an illusion to detect the trap!

Look for the panel.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 19, 2012, 06:40:05 pm
The panel that was removed from the ceiling is a bit behind your bed, but is high up. Someone would have had to get onto the roof from outside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 19, 2012, 07:39:39 pm
Pull some furniture over and climb up onto the roof, if the rope was an illusion. Otherwise, just climb up it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 19, 2012, 07:41:31 pm
The rope was not an illusion, and you run for it, beginning to climb. However, you hear the telltale sound of a knife cutting against the rope as you begin ascending, somebody not intended for you to get up...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 19, 2012, 08:01:14 pm
Use my arms to fling myself up, trying to grab onto the edge.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 19, 2012, 08:04:47 pm
You make quick work of getting up to the roof, receiving a kick to the face as you come up for your troubles! Your assailant begins running as you pull yourself up, dazed. Whoever it is runs across the rooftop and flips over the edge, sliding down a slanted roof!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 19, 2012, 08:18:50 pm
Chase after them, completely unwilling to let my fun night out be ruined by my first opponent with a brain.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 19, 2012, 08:26:04 pm
You run after him, but it's clear after about 20 meters that you're not going to be able to catch them with the Earl's bipedal gait. However...if you could just maybe use his special power...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 19, 2012, 08:31:05 pm
Decide I've had all the fun I need with this ugly form, and chug down some werewolf blood, while still running.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 19, 2012, 08:37:44 pm
You realize that you don't need to ingest the werewolf blood...the ability comes with the form.

Your skeleton quickly cracks and reforms, fur sprouting all over as you transform! You're much faster now, this one's not going to be able to escape.

The running thief lightly steps up a series of window ledges on a spiral tower, heading upwards!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 19, 2012, 08:40:00 pm
Climb up after him, using my claws to help.

"Do you even know who I am?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 19, 2012, 08:46:59 pm
"The bloody Mutt of Glouheim! Let's go for a run, dog!" the runner says in a masculine voice. Quickly, he scales the tower, getting up top before taking a running leap off a high point of the castle!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 19, 2012, 09:02:11 pm
"You run fast, but you're pretty slow!"

Suddenly slash the air near where he was, quickly seeing where he jumped to if this isn't an illusion.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 19, 2012, 09:04:15 pm
It's not an illusion, he simply unfurls a large cloth, using the lift it generates to steer himself through the air!

Motherfucker, this guy is annoying!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 19, 2012, 09:11:35 pm
Quickly climb down, and run after him, watching him in the air.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 19, 2012, 09:15:41 pm
The only obvious target that he would be aiming for is the land on the outside of the moat, he's definitely steering in that direction. The moat would be a long distance to leap...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 19, 2012, 09:33:04 pm
Make a running jump for it, using my claws to scramble up the side if I fail.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 19, 2012, 09:35:32 pm
You get a long running start, before taking a massive leap, propelling yourself through the air and landing on the other side perfectly! The assassin quickly tries to divert his course, succeeding in dropping into the moat! You've got him cornered...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 20, 2012, 05:06:48 pm
Approach him carefully.

"Such a fool, thinking you can steal from the dead without being followed to the ends of the earth..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 20, 2012, 05:26:24 pm
The assassin doesn't answer, and starts swimming for his life.

Fools are fools, and you're up for tearing this guy's torso in half.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 20, 2012, 05:58:08 pm
Swim over quickly, trying to maul his legs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 20, 2012, 06:02:19 pm
You catch the back of one of his legs, giving it a solid scratch. He yells, then pulls a blade from his belt, turning to stab you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 20, 2012, 06:48:32 pm
Grab his wrist, and crush it with my huge paws.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 20, 2012, 07:02:27 pm
His palm is now touching the underside of his forearm, and he's in a delightful amount pain.

He's all yours now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 20, 2012, 09:36:33 pm
Crush both his legs in a similar fashion, grab him by the head, submerging him in the water, before violently pulling him up.

"You're going to tell me where you took my loot if it takes until you die of old age."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 20, 2012, 09:42:45 pm
The man lies limp in your arms as you pull him up, foaming at the mouth.

You see that there's some kind of small pellet in his mouth...he committed suicide?

HE DOESN'T HAVE THE LUXURY OF DYING ON HIS OWN TERMS, NOT WHEN YOU'RE INTENDING ON KILLING HIM.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 20, 2012, 09:55:17 pm
Reveal my true form.

"We were going to have so much fun..."

Slit his stomach open, grabbing an intestine, and kicking him hard, letting him float off as it unravels.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 20, 2012, 09:56:56 pm
The body floats off, but you come up with another fun idea while you're watching it float off, it seems to be inspired by watching his body floating off.

Why not make him a loyal zombie servant?
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 21, 2012, 12:39:32 pm
Yank the intestine I'm holding sharply, to bring him floating towards me again, and drag his body to land.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 21, 2012, 12:46:44 pm
You climb back up to dry land, the castle grounds quite deserted after you sent out your personal guard. You're dripping wet, but that doesn't concern you. You just need to find a good spot to take his body.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 21, 2012, 06:03:19 pm
Stash his body in some kind of bush, then disguise myself as the Earl. Head back to get my staff, gems, and necromancy book, then move back to the corpse.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 21, 2012, 06:34:32 pm
You get you supplies, and stand over the body. Your book is in hand, and your staff pulses with a magical energy.

The corpse is fallen, crushed, pitiful...but you can make it strong.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 21, 2012, 09:36:47 pm
"A coward you were in life, but a killer you'll be in death..."

Reanimate him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 21, 2012, 09:45:13 pm
The energy from the gems you hold in your hand transfers over to the orb of the staff, which begins to glow with an ethereal light, a pastel green emanating from the orb, and washing over the body. You can choose the amount of energy to invest in the zombification, and from the feel of this staff there's a fair amount inside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 21, 2012, 09:48:48 pm
Invest a mediocre amount, to see how it goes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 21, 2012, 09:57:31 pm
The corpse rises up, with a drawn out moan. Your servant stands before you on crushed legs, looking about with glazed eyes. It certainly doesn't look too sturdy, but you haven't seen it attempt to do anything yet.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 21, 2012, 10:04:07 pm
See if I can put some more magic into it while it's already up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 21, 2012, 10:08:24 pm
You point your staff, but you're disappointed to find that you can't invest more energy into a body that's already been zombified.

It's not like there's a shortage of bodies around. You could easily make more...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 21, 2012, 10:17:41 pm
Head into a pleasant, populated part of town, without a disguise.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 21, 2012, 10:23:18 pm
You decide crashing the little funeral would be your best bet.

You manage to sneak up on the group, the funeral pyre having mostly burned out, the bodies lying next to open graves. People are paying their respects.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 11:30:31 am
Pick the body of a young woman, and reanimate her, with a significant amount of magic.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 11:43:26 am
You reanimate a young woman, pumping a fair amount of soul energy into her. She arises, looking more steady than your first zombie underservant, yet seeming much less zombie-like in that she doesn't moan or wobble about, she just stands, waiting. Odd auras occasionally become visible around her, ghostly wisps of soul energy.

The crowd takes notice of this and is quickly up in arms about it, some running, others coming forward to question the girl, and others still drawing daggers and weapons.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 12:52:11 pm
Step out from my hiding place, smiling as I give a single command.

"Kill."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 01:11:38 pm
Your servants stumble forward, the woman more normally than the man. They open up on the crowd with heavy blows, biting into them with a ravenous hunger. The crowd disperses, and a few of the braver members approach with daggers drawn.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 01:14:02 pm
"Stay."

Walk very slowly towards my servants, smiling.

"They're so beautiful, aren't they? Wastes of blood in life, but in death, they're so much greater..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 01:20:49 pm
Your servants stop, looking to you.

"What are you, vile fiend!?" shouts one man.

"Abominations unto this world!" shouts another.

The crowd isn't terribly large, but even if they were they couldn't dream of taking you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 01:25:57 pm
Slowly transform into the Earl, laughing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 01:29:43 pm
"DIE, FOUL DEMON!" shouts a man, running at you. "WE SHALL NOT BE FOOLED BY YOUR TRICKS!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 01:43:10 pm
Sidestep him, and neatly club him over the head with the staff, revealing myself once again.

"I'm not a demon. I'm Widow, the revenant, and I killed the Earl."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 01:47:04 pm
The man stumbles and falls, getting back up, groggily. "THEN I'LL PUT YOU BACK IN THE GROUND!" he says, charging once more.

You can have quite a lot of fun with his corpse, certainly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 01:48:37 pm
Laugh uncontrollably at his continued efforts, and slam the bottom of the staff into his forehead as he charges.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 01:54:58 pm
The man falls backward as his feet fly forward, hitting the ground with a loud thud. He slowly tries to get up, obviously dazed, and tired.

You hear the footsteps of the other members of the group charging towards you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 03:28:06 pm
Take out one knife, holding it in my left hand. Dart to the side of the group, sweeping their legs with my staff, and stabbing as many as possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 04:01:03 pm
You trip two, stabbing the both of them on their way down, blocking the wild swing of a third, a man with a scar across his left cheek, rather young. This one actually has a sword on him.

"I WON'T LET YOU DO THIS!" he says, taking a few more close swings.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 04:23:46 pm
"Congratulations on being the first to actually bring a sword."

Decide that since he bothered to prepare himself, that I'll draw this out a bit. Pocket a dagger and use both hands for the staff again. Sidestep around him and smack the back of his kneecaps.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 04:29:58 pm
He successfully repositions himself and blocks your swing, following up with several dangerous swipes.

"I won't let you slaughter people! I saw you...you were the one who burned down those buildings, and killed all those people!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 04:42:49 pm
Smile widely, my eyes lighting up as I thrust towards his stomach, and swing the other end around to his face as he blocks.

"You're actually competent! I hope you realise how few people I can say that about! You're still young and naive, though. What's so bad about me killing them?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 04:48:51 pm
The youth blocks your dual-pronged attack, swinging back.

"They had lives! They were happy, had families, had jobs! But then you came along and snuffed them out! Like it didn't even matter to you! I'll put an end to your evil RIGHT HERE!"

With that, the kid manages to slice into your stomach.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 04:55:45 pm
Stop fighting for a second, and put a finger to the wound, looking at the blood, as I speak to him.

"You made me bleed... The only other time that happened was when I was wrestling with the Earl in his werewolf-form..."

Look up at him.

"You're right, it meant nothing to me apart from relieving some boredom, but you... I'd actually feel bad if I let your talent go to waste... You have a choice: I can put the stick down and end you right now, or you can join my group. Most of the others don't share my views, so you'll probably get along with them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 05:00:38 pm
"What!?" the young man seems insulted. He takes another swing, though this one is just a fraction of a second slower...

The biggest fraction of a second of his life.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 05:04:10 pm
Drop the staff suddenly, and grab his sword-arm with one hand, punching him in the fact with my other. Push him back with the hand I'm grabbing him with, and turn into a werewolf, roaring.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 05:10:17 pm
He screams as his arm is enveloped in the grip of your growing claw, your hulking form towering over him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 05:11:33 pm
"Live, or die. Your decision."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 05:15:45 pm
He turns into such a coward when a werewolf's got him by the arm.

"LIVE! LIVE!"

How can you be sure he'll stand by his word?
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 05:26:08 pm
Keep a hold of him, thinking about it for a few seconds, before deciding that there's little he can do when I don't sleep. Also consider that being a predictable young man, he'll probably forget all about me when he meets Becky.

Let go of him.

"Good. Now, come with me, and I'll introduce you to the others."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 05:29:39 pm
The boy slowly follows you, as the both of you pass through the town. Your zombie servants obediently stay where they were told to, but you might want to take them with you. In addition...these bodies are ripe for soul harvest...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 05:34:52 pm
"You two, come with me!"

See how many more of the bodies I can turn into zombies as strong as the girl.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 05:40:29 pm
You collect the energy of the recently dead, channeling what you can into a few more bodies. You end up with two additional servants, each silent, awaiting your commands.

If necromancy is this easy, you should have started a long time ago!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 05:42:30 pm
"Follow."

Silently head back to the carriage.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 05:47:28 pm
Your zombie servants follow, all of them silent as you are save for the first one you made which moans the entire way. You arrive back at the carriage, everyone looking out, the more normal members seeming put off by the zombies and the young man you've brought with you.

"Who are all these people?" asks Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 05:49:56 pm
"These are my new brothers and sisters, and I don't know the name of this other guy. Siblings, say hello to Pyro!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 05:56:49 pm
Your siblings don't seem to be able to express their greetings, but your first one moans loudly.

"What about the boy?" Pyro says with a hint of malice.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 08:36:18 pm
"When he attacked me, I fought him casually and he actually managed to cut me. He's good with a sword, and I'll enjoy seeing how long he can stay so idealistic."

Check to make sure I remembered the staff, before returning to normal form, and entering the carriage with him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 09:05:04 pm
You enter the carriage with the boy, seating him between Becky and yourself.

"...Hey," says Becky. "What's your name?"

"...Balthazar," he says, looking at Becky. "Are you here under similar circumstances to mine?"

"...Sort of," she says.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 09:44:44 pm
"I killed some guy, turned his bones into throwing weapons, and stuffed his body in the larder, before kidnapping her because I needed virgin blood for a charm spell. Turns out it was a bad betrothal, so we're fine."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 09:47:00 pm
"...I still hate you," says the kid. "Why'd you even bring me here? I try to kill you and you force me to sit in a carriage? I'll run...I'll run away and tell everyone what you are, save lives..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 10:00:54 pm
Don't bother bringing out the charm, using basic logic, instead.

"So foolishly idealistic. Who'll believe a youth's tall tales about mythical revenants? Even if they do, how will that help? That town was on full alert, but it didn't matter to me! Besides, if you run, I'll be angry, and more people get killed, more painfully. If you don't make me regret my decision to spare you, who knows? I might spare more people in future."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 10:04:03 pm
"No...people will believe me! I...I'll still run away from this!" Balthazar stammers.

"Hey, can you get your siblings onto the carriage? They're just standing there! We need to get moving!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 10:16:31 pm
"You lot, get on."

Sit down.
"Listen, the sooner I butcher the rest of my killers, the fewer people die in the meantime. If you run away, I get distracted hunting you down. Plain and simple. The Earl was number two of four, in case you're wondering."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 10:27:08 pm
The zombies get on wordlessly. This carriage is larger than you thought.

The carriage starts moving, even though you never completely resolved where those assassins took your loot. You guess you'll find the answers you're looking for in the capital city, then...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 10:32:50 pm
Hug my baby, stroking it, as I talk to the others.

"While Balthazar contemplates running, do any of you regret coming?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 10:35:28 pm
"I have nothing better waiting for me in Glouheim," says Rekchev. "You seem to come across valuable objects often...the pay is nice."

"Well," says Kilroy, "I'm fascinated by a creature of your kind...I wish to learn more about you!"

"BURN THINGS! EVERYTHING BURNS!" yells Pyro from up front.

Balthazar kind of just scoots over towards Becky, who holds his hand.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 10:50:40 pm
Look at their small display of affection, and at the others around me, contemplating how one life can affect another, while also remembering how fragile it is. While considering its fragility, suddenly realise something, and quickly move sit at the front, talking quietly to Pyro.

"I... just realised... When... I fulfill my revenge... my reason to still be breathing... will be gone... By heading to the capital... I'm heading to... my own inevitable death..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 10:56:08 pm
"But isn't it what you want?" asks Pyro. "I mean, if I could die burning the world down, I'd certainly be glad to! I'd die doing what I love! Why wouldn't you want to fulfill your one desire and kill the men who killed you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 22, 2012, 11:01:23 pm
"Because that's it... It's final... If you died burning the world down, you had a choice, but I'm inevitably getting closer..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 22, 2012, 11:04:13 pm
"So, should we just NOT head to the capital, then? Should we dilly-dally while your goals remain unfulfilled and your enemies remain alive, just to die slowly before passing, still leaving you to turn to ash? Well, if I were you, I'd think of workarounds to the whole 'killing your enemies' thing. What's worse than killing them...how could you keep them alive and yet in a terrible state of being..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 23, 2012, 03:43:31 pm
"...You're... you're right. I shouldn't be crying over things, I should be using my head... Thanks, Pyro."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 23, 2012, 03:59:55 pm
"You're welcome! I don't usually let things keep me down! Unless they're about HIM..." Pyro growls.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 23, 2012, 04:15:33 pm
"That's another thing I wanted to ask about. Just in case I can't find a loophole, I think we should pursue your mark before we head to the capital."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 23, 2012, 04:31:59 pm
"Pursue him? Normally he just comes to me every odd week! It's been that way for quite some time...though our last fight was in a city, which I suppose was a refreshing change of pace."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 23, 2012, 05:27:19 pm
"Then we'll wait for him, but we'll need to make a solid plan... I was able to distract him by pissing him off, but we need a way to stop him escaping."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 23, 2012, 05:39:47 pm
"For one," says Pyro, "don't recklessly throw yourself into the fight. Two, our masks are very important to us...they're, well, I'll get to that later. Three, we've got a history."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 23, 2012, 06:12:20 pm
"I was going to snatch off his mask, but I couldn't get close enough..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 23, 2012, 06:41:38 pm
"You wouldn't have liked what you would have seen," says Pyro. "This only ends when one of us claims the mask of the other. If I lose this fight...well, I won't die, necessarily, but I'll be disgraced."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 23, 2012, 07:46:45 pm
"...Could you give me the whole story, from the top?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 23, 2012, 07:59:10 pm
Pyro sighs. "I don't want to get too far in...but...I'm not exactly...human." Pyro looks at you as he says this, his mask smeared with dirt, still with a happy expression.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 23, 2012, 08:03:40 pm
"I reckoned we got along too well for you to be human. What are you, then?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 23, 2012, 08:12:13 pm
Pyro looks out to the stars, which drape the night sky in a blanket of light under the moon.

"The form you see is simply a false skin...I'm masquerading among mortal creatures. The mask helps hide those features that would give me away. I am truly...a demon."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 23, 2012, 08:26:18 pm
"A demon..? That's more impressive than I expected; I didn't even know your kind really existed! Do all of you live in the mortal world?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 23, 2012, 08:33:41 pm
"No," says Pyro. "Most of us live in our own realm, the plane of Karazud. If I had to describe it...I'd say it's much less...verdant than Earth. But yes, demons exist. We live in a few scattered remote villages, but I'm here on special terms from Karazud...that other mage I was fighting, he's here on special terms as well. He's my bastard half-brother. We have an agreement, and our father is the referee. Whoever defeats the other in battle, and then claims the loser's mask, wins. The loser is banished back to Karazud, but the winner...the winner gets to stay stay here, and wreak havoc with great magics granted to us, courtesy of our father. That, and rightful ownership of all of the family's heirlooms."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 23, 2012, 08:53:49 pm
"Well, you're certainly not as insane as I thought. I always assumed you just had some unhealthy obsession with the mask, but it makes sense, now..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 23, 2012, 08:59:53 pm
"Oh, but my role in this forces me to obsess over it! I need to make sure it looks nice...it needs to stay on! It needs to be clean!"

Pyro sets himself on fire, effectively burning the grime off of the front of his mask before putting himself out.

"Just don't touch it," he says. "Anyhoo...I know of a pleasant small town we could go to, maybe spend a few days. We could have some time to wreak havoc and relax there!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 24, 2012, 02:28:38 pm
Smile.
"Certainly sounds like it could be a fun break..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 24, 2012, 03:19:06 pm
"We just need to turn right on this next branch..."

You continue on, moving through the night. As the sun rises the next day, you come across another wagon, its occupants quickly speeding up and turning around as they spot you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 24, 2012, 07:25:32 pm
"Oh, they recognise us? We'll just have to learn why, then."

Turn into a werewolf, and race up to the wagon, tearing the back wall off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 24, 2012, 07:35:42 pm
You think it might be because of the zombies sitting on top of the carriage, but you're not letting that stop you.

The back of the wagon is torn off, sacks of crops falling out as the occupants in front scream.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 24, 2012, 07:45:52 pm
"All of you, out of the wagon, and stand in front of the one behind."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 24, 2012, 07:50:40 pm
"PLEASE DON'T HURT US!" shouts a man up front. It seems he's with another man, who appears to be in his thirties. They shuffle out of the wagon, hands raised, limbs stiff as they pass by your hulking frame, a feral glare in your eyes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 24, 2012, 08:09:23 pm
"Form a line!"

Pace back and forth along the line, inspecting them as I revert to my normal form.

"Rekchev, see if there's anything nice in that wagon."

Decide the hostages aren't much of a threat, and smile widely as I come up with a new idea, to torture them all without lifting a finger, talking to them calmly.

"You should have known better than to travel. The world is a dangerous place for those who take their safety for granted. You're in the presence of a revenant, and she's finding it hard to think of a reason not to kill you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 24, 2012, 08:16:23 pm
"The fuck are you? What are you talking about!?" shouts the younger man, confused.

Rekchev gets out, and starts looking through the wagon. "You've got a false bottom, here...what are you smuggling?"

Rekchev pries off the false bottom of the wagon, revealing a compartment inside filled with bags. He opens one up, looking inside.

"We've got some goods here...books on magic and other basic supplies...you do know that magic is prohibited for citizen use in this country, yes?"

"That isn't ours!" says the older man. "This isn't even our wagon!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 24, 2012, 08:29:25 pm
Start laughing uncontrollably.

"If it isn't your wagon, you stole it! Oh, wow, you're terrible smugglers! However, you just got interesting. Get down on the ground with your hands behind your backs, while I check some of this and decide what to do with you."

Talk to my minions.
"Hold them down."

Take one of the spellbooks, flicking through it.
"Good find, Rekchev."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 24, 2012, 08:39:58 pm
Your zombies hold down the men. "SOMEONE PAID US TO DO THIS! WE WERE JUST TAKING THE WAGON TO GLOUHEIM!" shouts the younger man as your minion restrains him.

You flick through a book, finding it to be less interesting than your first book, but informative about simpler magics, ones that don't require materials to set up. It seems that with concentration, and the right focusing movements, you can channel your magic into a useful shield over your skin, of sorts. It goes over emitting different types of auras, these auras having certain effects on things around you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 24, 2012, 08:46:14 pm
"Who hired you?"

Look through the materials.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 24, 2012, 08:52:26 pm
"A shady character in our village. We see him around, but we don't really know him! He just gave us money to do this!"

You've got a variety of what seem to be magical ingredients, in various containers. You also have a few more books, and several alchemical tools.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 25, 2012, 08:26:25 pm
"Here's the deal. If I can find something specific in here, I won't kill you."

Flick through the pages of the books, trying to find a section on trapping people inside objects, well aware that that isn't my only loophole.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 25, 2012, 08:33:54 pm
You're looking through the book. You know how to trap soul energy, but that's only after you've killed somebody, and you're unsure if that counts. As for trapping people, you find something that you're sort of interested in.

Petrification...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 25, 2012, 08:40:25 pm
Laugh giddily, rocking on my heels, barely able to read it while laughing so much. Keep reading, figuring out how I do it, and whether they stay conscious.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 25, 2012, 08:47:36 pm
From what this description mentions, it seems that you can turn someone into stone for a certain amount of time based on how much magic you use. This book seems to work on the presumption that the person reading it has been able to grasp magic control, and is able to muster and expend it appropriately. There are a few words of power that act as the vocal part of the spell, another part casting the magic, and another is having the appropriate frame of mind, imagining the target turning to stone.

The words are...REN'YAK ALTHOOR.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 25, 2012, 08:57:42 pm
"Alright, this isn't what I wanted, but I'm satisfied. I'll be true to my word, and I won't kill you."

Look to my minions.
"Let them up, but restrain them."

"How long have you two known each-other?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 25, 2012, 09:04:03 pm
Your silent zombie minions, and your unsilent zombie minion, pull them up. They grunt as they're hauled upwards suddenly.

"We work together on a farm! We've known each other for about five years now!" says the older man.
"I can verify everything he said!" says the younger.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 25, 2012, 09:07:54 pm
Check to see if Balthazar is watching me.

"I've got a simple question I want each of you to think about. Would you put his life over your own?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 25, 2012, 09:11:07 pm
Balthazar isn't watching, he's talking with Rebecca.

"What kind of sick question is that?" asks the young man. "Are you going to play some...demented game with us just because we turned out to be unwittingly smuggling magical supplies!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 25, 2012, 09:26:10 pm
"Can I be perfectly honest? I'd have wanted to do this regardless."

Call out.
"Balthazar, could you come out here a second?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 25, 2012, 09:30:30 pm
Balthazar looks over, worry on his face as Pyro opens the door, ushering him out to you.

"Uh...what is it?" he asks, in grim anticipation of what you may have requested him for.

"OH GOD...PLEASE DON'T KILL US!" shouts the younger man, causing the older man to break down as well.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 25, 2012, 10:10:57 pm
"Relax, he isn't going to kill you, either! Where do you keep getting these ideas that we're going to kill you? Balthazar, these men were paid to smuggle some rather dangerous magical items to your town. Whoever wanted them probably would have killed a considerable amount of people. I'm not leading up to anything, here, I'm just curious. How do you feel about them?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 25, 2012, 10:16:35 pm
"I...don't know," says Balthazar. "I think your description of them is certainly biased. But I know that they aren't nearly as dangerous as you are, no matter what you say about them," he says with scorn.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 25, 2012, 10:29:26 pm
"Balthazar, you still don't understand that I'm perfectly normal. All humans are just like me, deep inside, really. It's only because of generations of having ideals brainwashed into us to help society function that we repress that behaviour. I'm not dangerous; simply truthful to my own nature. Obviously, however, it's very easy to say things baselessly. Let me show you what I mean."

Command my minions:
"Let go of them, but kill them if they try to run away from us."

Look at the two men, smiling coldly, with a demented look in my eyes.
"Fight to the death. The survivor keeps his life."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 25, 2012, 10:32:06 pm
"You sick bitch..." hisses the older man. "WE'D NEV-"

"GIVE ME A WEAPON!" shouts the younger man, "I'LL DO IT, GLADLY!"

You're pleased that the younger of the two is so eager to betray his coworker...you burst into a fit of giggles as he shouts his intentions.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 25, 2012, 10:43:46 pm
Happily throw them each one of my knives, turning into a werewolf just in case he has any ideas.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 25, 2012, 10:50:57 pm
The older man simply refuses to pick up the knife. "Antonio...how could you turn on me like this? After all this time!?" he says, with the greatest look of sadness and most complete expression of betrayal on his face.

"IT'S EITHER ONE OR BOTH OF US, STAN. I INTEND TO KEEP MY LIFE!" Antonio picks up the knife, manically running at Stan, who refuses to retaliate as he is tackled and set down upon. Antonio swings the knife wildly, violently cutting into Stan's skin, causing Stan to cry and scream. Antonio keeps it up, stabbing his chest, and cutting into his throat. "JUST DIE! DIE! DIE...die..." Antonio calms down as Stan ceases to move.

Antonio gets up, breathing heavily. He looks at you. "Alright...I killed him...will you let me live, now?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 25, 2012, 11:03:09 pm
Revert to human form, and clap slowly, stealing a quick glance at Balthazar.

"You survive. Congratulations. Now, set the knife down, and look at his corpse. What does it feel like thinking about him? Remember the time you first met? Remember the first time you saw him today? Now, compare that to how he died, unable to believe you betrayed him... While I'm asking questions, do you like statues? Ren'yak Althoor."

Channel a moderate amount of magic, imagining him turning to stone.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 25, 2012, 11:06:02 pm
His skin starts to stiffen, and turn gray, the look of sadistic glee captured in his expression, before he freezes completely, a statue, captured in time...

"Oh my God...WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!?" shouts Balthazar.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 25, 2012, 11:21:21 pm
"I petrified him to see how long it'll last. He should recover, and if he doesn't, then it's his own damn fault for smuggling a spellbook with false information in it. I'm still not quite sure if he's aware, but he can tell me after."

Try motioning my minions to the statue, and then to the carriage.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 25, 2012, 11:23:51 pm
The zombies haul the newly-made statue off to the carriage, securing it to the top.

"I...can't believe you!" says Balthazar.

"I couldn't believe her either," says Rekchev. "But she's surprised me in greater ways before." Rekchev heads back for the carriage.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 25, 2012, 11:28:55 pm
Start gathering the magical items as I talk.

"I gave him my word I wouldn't kill him, and he's alive! He just killed his friend of five years without a second thought! Who should really be shocking you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 25, 2012, 11:35:09 pm
"H-he wouldn't have done it if you hadn't ordered them to! It's your fault!" says Balthazar, shutting the carriage door, seating himself.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 25, 2012, 11:47:42 pm
Bring everything inside, picking up my dagger if Antonio dropped it like I told him to. Drag Stan's body in to reanimate when Antonio wakes up, too.

"At no point did I tell them to do that. I simply told them that if they did have a fight to the death, the winner would keep his life. They could have figured that out by the fact that I'd previously promised not to kill them, but Antonio caved to instinct. He was younger than Stan, and less set in his ways, so his nature surfaced faster, and he killed his friend in cold blood. All humans are like that, without exception. Even you, Think of how you feel when you see me kill. Your ideals tell you to hate me, and your instinct wants you to kill me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 25, 2012, 11:50:34 pm
Nobody's especially pleased when you drag in Stan's body, even Kilroy expresses his discontent.

Balthazar looks frustrating, trying to find something to say, something to make you look wrong, but he can't come up with anything. "You're just evil!" is his weak response.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 25, 2012, 11:56:27 pm
Slit Stan's chest open, casually wrenching out and chewing on a rib.

"I honestly challenge you to explain to me exactly what 'evil' is."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 12:04:13 am
Balthazar looks puzzled. "Um...immoral...killing...wanton acts of destruction and adultery...forcing others to do things...exploiting and manipulating people...corrupting people..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 12:15:20 am
"There are so many questions that come with your definition. What if they deserved to die? What if you needed to exploit someone? What if they're naturally especially destructive after being brought back from the dead as a revenant? Was killing the Earl and thst Paudinian prince wrong, when they killed me, first? Was burning down those buildings evil, if it may have helped me lure out the Earl? If a runaway cart is about to hit three people, but you can shove a fat man in front of it to save them, which option is evil? What even makes any of that evil in the first place? There is no black, and there is no white. Everything is a mismatched splurge of grey morality."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 12:18:33 am
"But you're trying to involve me in this...and you know that I don't have a way out...you've made the decision to keep me here against my will, and to slowly try to brainwash me to believing in your twisted philosophies...that seems pretty blackish-gray to me..."

"Are you going to get around to animating that guy?" asks Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 04:43:13 pm
"I'm not trying to brainwash you, Balthazar. You're already brainwashed with baseless ideals. I'm trying to reverse that with fact."

Turn to Pyro.

"I'll reanimate him when his friend is awake. I don't know how long his corpse will stay up compared to how long he'll be petrified, yet."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 04:52:25 pm
"Well, let's keep moving, then! I'll holler when he starts twitching!"

Pyro sits up front, and the carriage keeps on moving.

You note that it's getting cramped in here, you might need a few more vehicles if you keep continuing this journey.

After about 10 minutes, Pyro yells from up front. "YEP, HE'S MOVING! A BIT! If you're going to imprison somebody for long-term, I'd say go wild and put a lot more oomph in it!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 05:02:51 pm
Reanimate Stan with a rather strong amount of magic, pointing for him specifically, to step in front of Antonio.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 05:06:29 pm
Antonio is put on the ground, and you pump a significant amount of magic into Stan. Stan then stands in front of the softening statue, which causes a dazed Antonio to cry out.

"OH GOD...NO! NO!!!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 06:30:50 pm
Don't give Stan any further commands, deciding that if a stronger minion has any free will, it would definitely be shown here.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 06:42:07 pm
Stan immediately sets upon Antonio, tearing chunks out of his flesh. The other zombies watch patiently as their brother kills his murderer, and the man he worked with.

Stan turns to you, silent.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 07:45:00 pm
"Huh, I wasn't actually expecting that. Nod if you're sentient, Stan."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 07:48:48 pm
"Yes..." he says, in a wispy voice, like a raised whisper.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 07:53:54 pm
Speak to him, my confused expression curling into a smile.

"...Tell me, Stan. What is your purpose?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 08:01:13 pm
"To obey you, master..." Stan says, with a moan.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 08:10:36 pm
"Good. Stan, you're in charge of the other zombies. Make sure I don't lose track of them. Oh, and you'll be working with somebody else."

Reanimate Antonio, with the same amount of magic as Stan.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 08:12:21 pm
Antonio rises, unsteadily, chunks of his flesh removed. "Master..." he says, in a similar voice.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 08:21:22 pm
"Welcome to death, Antonio... You will co-ordinate the other zombies with your dear friend, Stan."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 08:24:16 pm
"...Stan is a traitor..." says Antonio, a hint of anger in his voice.

"Antontio killed me...but if it is your command, I shall, master..." says Stan.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 08:32:00 pm
"Actually, Antonio, didn't you betray him by killing him first?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 08:36:32 pm
"I shall kill him...again..." Antonio says, seeming to strain against the control you have over him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 08:45:38 pm
"Antonio, tell me, were you conscious while encased in stone?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 08:50:15 pm
"...Yes...but I won't let you trap me here..."

Antonio slowly reaches up, and then snaps his neck before you can order him about!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 08:56:47 pm
Wonder if he needs his neck as a zombie, watching to see whether he dies.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 09:03:30 pm
Antonio's head hangs limply, but he's still undead...

"...No..." says Antonio, running from you.

Stan coordinates your zombies. "KILL HIM," he hisses, and your minions tackle Antonio and tear him apart slowly, shoving his remains into their mouths.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 09:12:28 pm
"No killing without my explicit permission, but still, good job for knocking him down... Keep his head intact! I want to see if his head stays alive!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 09:16:15 pm
Antonio's head is intact, but it's severed from his body, and it seems to be still...

Yeah, he's dead now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 09:23:33 pm
"No fair, a talking head would have been fun!"

Throw the head to Stan, to do what he likes with it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 09:35:11 pm
Stan cracks it open, and removes the brains with his teeth.

It doesn't seem that too many of your passengers are amused by this.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 26, 2012, 09:38:14 pm
Look around, wondering what they're annoyed about now.

"...What?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 26, 2012, 09:45:47 pm
"This is just barbaric!" says Becky. "I mean...did you really have to go that far in torturing those two!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 11:18:40 am
"I didn't even intend for all that to happen! I just brought Stan back to life, and he killed Antonio himself! Then Antonio ran off when I brought him back!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 12:45:08 pm
Becky's quiet, as is most of everyone else.

"I don't think this carriage has much more room to carry people! We're going to have to find a solution to this problem soon!" says Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 03:10:58 pm
"What other methods of transportation are there on this plane, again?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 03:33:44 pm
"I don't know, another carriage?" asks Pyro.

You ride for some ways before coming upon a forest path. Pyro coughs. "Keep your guard up, these forests are rarely safe."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 03:52:12 pm
Sit up at the front, and lazily keep watch.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 04:04:33 pm
Pyro seems to be trying to aggravate an attack by keeping one of his hands on fire and holding it up in the air.

Sure enough, several arrows hit the side of your carriage, from within the trees!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 04:13:05 pm
Climb out of the carriage, sighing, and forming a shield over my skin.

"What?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 04:24:58 pm
There isn't an answer, but a few arrows bounce off of you. You see turf the attackers, hiding in the brush.

You're feeling up for a chase.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 04:34:18 pm
"Stan, stay here."

Dart towards them, turning into a werewolf.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 04:42:52 pm
You seamlessly transform into a werewolf, but you take several arrows to the upper torso, causing you to fall down!

"They're attacking from both sides!" yells Pyro as the initial attackers flee.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 04:43:43 pm
"BURN IT ALL, PYRO! BURN IT ALL!"

Get up, chasing after the initial attackers.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 04:54:45 pm
A fiery light flares up behind you as you run.

You chase fervently, but as you continue you hear a loud snap, and feel a great pain in your leg!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 05:02:44 pm
Quickly look down at my leg.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 05:14:58 pm
Your leg is trapped in a bear trap! It's closed on your leg, having crushed it!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 06:00:13 pm
Roar loudly at my first real injury, and wrench the trap open, throwing it away.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 06:19:30 pm
You get the trap off, but your injury seems to be quite serious. You're unable to put weight onto the leg!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 06:25:02 pm
Revert to my normal form, seeing if it solves it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 06:49:11 pm
Your normal form solves your leg problem, but by this time the people you were pursuing are long gone.

The forest behind you is also on fire.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 08:14:18 pm
Move quickly through the trees, and back to the carriage, turning into a werewolf once again, and looking at my leg.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 08:26:34 pm
Your wound is still there!

Kilroy and Pyro are sweeping around the dead bodies. It appears several zombie underlings perished in the attack.

"We'd best be moving! I overdid the flames!" says Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 08:29:16 pm
"Goddamnit, I told you to stay there! What the hell, Stan? Bad minion! Bad!"

See how many are killed, paying close attention to whether my first one is still around, while reverting to normal form, and taking a reluctant sip from the other werewolf blood in my flask.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 08:43:06 pm
The stuff nearly makes even you heave as you force it down.

Your first minion appears to have been slain, along with two others. They don't appear to have moved, but the attackers may have killed them in an assault on the carriage.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 08:56:40 pm
"...Of all the people here, they went for the MINIONS? Priorities much? Urgh, okay job, I guess, Stan."

Sit down and sulk about how I won't get to hear that thief moaning.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 09:05:49 pm
You guess you could order someone else to moan, your thralls shouldn't displease you.

Pyro drives the carriage out of the burning grove, and you stroke your baby as you mourn for those who were lost.

As you drive out, however, you're met by several bandits on horseback! They're shooting arrows at your carriage!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 09:44:29 pm
Become so angry that I take action before taunting. Go wolf-form and chase the horses, making sure there are no fucking traps on the road.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 09:56:44 pm
There isn't any brush on the road to hide traps, so you rush toward a horse, and quickly tackle it!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 10:11:25 pm
"You just had to get cocky and attack twice, didn't you..?"

Maul his arms and legs, dragging him to the carriage.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 10:15:36 pm
You hack him down, then jump back into the carriage as the other horsemen run off.

He's screaming as you drag him inside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 28, 2012, 10:33:41 pm
Turn back to normal, and get to work thoroughly breaking every bone in his limbs multiple times.

"You thought attacking us was a good idea? You killed some of my minions and injured my better werewolf form! Do you know what I do to people I DON'T have anything against?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 28, 2012, 10:41:41 pm
The man screams, and everybody looks away or winces at your punishment.

"OH GOD...MY LIMBS..." he screams.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 03:53:20 pm
Stomp him in the stomach repeatedly.

"GOD CAN'T SAVE YOU NOW! NEITHER CAN YOUR FRIENDS, EVEN IF THEY DID CARE!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 03:56:42 pm
The carriage rocks suddenly, as a sword is thrust into the window, taking a shred at your cloak!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 04:02:27 pm
Completely and utterly lose my normal demeanour.
"YOU'RE REALLY STARTING TO PISS ME OFF!"

Stomp the first one's head with full force, sending his brains scattering, as I shove my arm in through the window with a shield over my skin, trying to grab the attacker's wrist.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 04:14:47 pm
You succeed in grabbing the handle on the attacker's blade, pulling it out of his grasp and tugging him off of his horse! He hits the side of the carriage before its back wheel runs over him, his corpse having the same effect a nasty bump in the road would. Meanwhile, several others pull up, firing arrows and shoving spears at the carriage!

"HORSES ARE DOWN! OUR HORSES ARE DOWN!" shouts Pyro from up front, as the carriage crashes violently, tipping over to the side, sending everyone tumbling about the main cabin.

You right yourself, finding everyone to be lying in a pile about the overturned carriage, various objects scattered about. You hear shouts and yells from outside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 04:17:09 pm
Turn into a werewolf, and smash out of the carriage, a shield over my already thick skin.

"YOU'RE FUCKING WITH THE WRONG REVENANT."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 04:21:21 pm
You send the door flying, tearing out the side of the carriage, seeing at least five men on horseback surrounding the vehicle. They take out spears, and swords, yelling and running about, trying to keep you at a distance with strong jabs of their weapons.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 04:32:46 pm
"STAN, PYRO, KILROY, MAKE YOURSELVES USEFUL!"

Tackle as many of the horses as I can, hoping to have all the riders trying to get up at once.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 04:36:50 pm
You tackle one horse, but you're quickly set upon by the men on all the others! They take shots, damaging your shield until it shatters! You fight them off, but they start coming around again!

Your party seems to be taking its sweet-ass time getting itself out of the wreckage! They finally come out, and start taking on the horsemen!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 04:43:28 pm
"WHY ARE A GROUP OF BANDITS MORE COMPETENT THAN TRAINED SOLDIERS? YOU HUMANS MAKE NO FUCKING SENSE!"

Continue fighting them off, grabbing and yanking any spear that comes near me, and creating shields just as arrows are about to hit me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 04:47:47 pm
"Guards rarely have to do their actual jobs, bandits usually do their jobs everyday!" says Kilroy, stabbing a man.

You're getting battered, but as the numbers start thinning, and you're left with a field of dead men, and a few, tired survivors, it's clear that you've won. You inspect your muscled werewolf form, finding that two arrows have managed to bury themselves in your back and in your stomach, and a pike wound has marked your chest.

There's a man missing his arm, crawling about on the ground, exhausted. He's in front of you, and little does he know that he's the last one standing on his team. There are several others who have surrendered, and are lined up, bound.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 04:51:30 pm
Turn to my normal form, getting the Earl's sword out, slicing the man's other arm off, starting to calm down a little, but talking with a bit of a twitch.

"...Do you poor, hapless souls know how irritated I am right now..?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 04:54:22 pm
"ANSWER THE QUESTION!" says Pyro, slapping the men after several moments of silence. They all yell out various answers, but none of them encompass the level of irritation you feel as you look at every single one of them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 05:01:03 pm
"Pyro, the man on the ground looks cold."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 05:07:17 pm
The man is alight with nary another word.

"...Better? I don't know, he still looks cold to me!" Pyro cackles as a towering inferno engulfs the man.

The rest of your prisoners scream in fear.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 05:20:59 pm
Count the men, and use my charm to get some answers.

"Now, I'd like you to tell me where you live, and how many more of you there are."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 05:25:39 pm
"The village up the road, Carabor," says one.
"We are of a guild of many," says another.
"Our deaths will lead the rest of us to kill you all!" says the last one, smiling.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 05:30:57 pm
"I'm afraid you don't get to die just yet."

Approach the smiling one, smiling back at him. Take out a knife, and slowly make an incision in his stomach.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 05:32:48 pm
He coughs blood as you gouge his stomach open, trying to laugh. "We'll be avenged, brothers...WE'LL *cough* BE AVENGED..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 05:37:13 pm
"I really don't see what you're fussing over. You started it."

Reach into the wound, squeezing the first thing my hand meets.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 05:44:08 pm
"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH YOU BITCH! THEY'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD FOR THIS!" he screams, as the others look away.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 05:52:10 pm
"What am I squeezing, anyway?"

Yank it out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 05:56:08 pm
You pull out several feet of intestines, the man shocked at what he's seeing. "OH GOD...WHAT IS THAT!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 05:58:47 pm
"Your entrails, silly!"

Pull them out like a magician pulling handkerchiefs out of his pocket, and drape them around his shoulders.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 06:03:26 pm
You drape about 10 feet of intestines around the guy's shoulders, causing him to fall backwards, gasping, as his eyes begin to roll back into his head.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 07:41:12 pm
Don't let him die quietly, stabbing him ten times in the face, cackling the entire time.

"Stan, do you want one of the other two?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 07:46:11 pm
"I want for nothing, master...you may do with them what you wish..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 07:50:55 pm
Roll my eyes, deciding he's ruined the shock value of sicking him on one. Move up to them myself, wiping the blood off my knife onto one of their faces.

"You've got a minute or so to speak. What you do with it is up to you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 07:54:17 pm
"My wife and children will have to live without me. I suppose you have no qualms about that sort of thing, seeing what you've been willing to do to the rest of us. Tell me, what is it you seek? What do you perceive your purpose to be? Is there anything that you would be willing to die for? I already know all the answers to these questions, if someone were to ask me, but I just want to help get some introspection for you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 07:59:56 pm
"It's simple, even for someone like you to understand! If I don't get to live, why should anyone else?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 08:03:52 pm
"But you're living right now!" says the man. "Not like other people, but you're certainly not dead! Why must you kill others in order to live?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 08:09:18 pm
"Usually for fun, but in your case it's because you ruined one of my forms, killed several of my minions, destroyed my carriage, and generally pissed me off. Is that a valid reason?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 08:13:14 pm
"...I guess it is. I'm ready to die now," he says. "My 60 seconds were up quite a while ago."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 08:17:50 pm
"Am I really that unpleasant?"

Turn into a wolf, and start digging a deep hole.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 08:19:46 pm
As you are preoccupied with digging, you hear the other man make a run for it, a few group members yelling as he makes a run for it!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 08:24:32 pm
"PYRO, DON'T LET HIM ESCAPE!"

Quickly climb out of the hole, and grab the man who didn't run.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 08:29:39 pm
You grab the man. "I HAVE NO REGRETS," he says as your claws wrap around his midsection.

Pyro sets the man on fire. As he runs through the fields, his body engulfed in flames, the man throws his arms out, screaming as he is taken forcibly from this realm, his spirit sent to the land of the dead.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 08:43:11 pm
Release him, and stab him in the lower chest, a small, but steadily bleeding wound, before putting a strong amount of magic into him.

"Ren'yak... ALTHOOR!"

Dig the hole deeper, then climb out.

"Enjoy yourself down there."

Put him at the bottom of the hole, upside down, before filling it up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 08:46:12 pm
He petrifies, his flowing blood turning to stone as well. You fill in the hole quickly, and look at your party.

It seems your carriage is totaled, and that your possessions are all scattered about. You're still a ways from a town, and it's daytime.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 08:53:15 pm
Reanimate the one I removed the guts of with the same amount of magic as my second one, and get him, Stan, and any surviving zombies to carry my scattered possessions.

Start walking, much happier, reading one of my new spellbooks for some kind of ranged offensive spell.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 08:54:50 pm
You realize that shooting magic missiles isn't too hard to do, since all it requires is some energy and a clear idea of where you want to throw it. Although you'd probably be unsatisfied by how weak it is.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 09:02:28 pm
See if there's anything capable of dismounting somebody.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 09:16:34 pm
You've got plenty of spears lying around. Those should work.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 09:19:21 pm
"New guy, gather those spears."

Keep walking, handing Stan the book I was reading.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 09:28:56 pm
You hand Stan the book, and he holds it. The new guy picks up the spears and you all stand in the road, a few murmuring among your crew.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 09:51:30 pm
"Well, we have quite a bit to walk because of them, but the good news is that they're dead."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 09:59:01 pm
"And in one case, undead!" says Rekchev.

Your baby perches on your shoulders as you begin walking, and as you leave the grove, you find that there is a valley before you, and visible in the distance, is a small town.

"There it is!" says Pyro. "We should be able to get there in a few hours."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 10:02:21 pm
Stroke him gently with my finger.

"How much of it is stone, do you reckon?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 10:06:21 pm
"Well, I for one was hoping we could afford to spend some time here," says Pyro. "Not to just burn it down immediately! These things need to be built up...besides, I exhausted myself back there. If you didn't notice, there were an abnormally large number of bandits!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 29, 2012, 10:11:15 pm
"I'm getting the idea that the village is mostly bandits. Balthazar, quick question, are you angry about me killing the bandits?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 29, 2012, 10:13:25 pm
"...Not so much, but you didn't have to torture them," says Balthazar, crossing his arms.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 30, 2012, 01:06:30 pm
"Hey, at least we're sort-of making progress!"

Keep walking.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 30, 2012, 01:11:15 pm
"Perhaps we should test his beliefs...let's force him to make a decision in a desperate situation, somehow," says Pyro.

You keep walking, moving up the road, until you reach the village gates. Before you even get to the gates, you can tell the guards are moving about, talking about you to the other guards, as they scurry off.

"Halt! Who are you?" asks one of the guards, spear drawn.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 30, 2012, 05:10:55 pm
Pull out my flute, and my charm spell.

"I'm a wandering musician, and Peter here is a rather committed actor. We're passing through on our way to the capital."

Gesture towards the zombies.

"These ones seem to have some strange condition, and we're seeing if there's anyone in the city who can figure out what it is. Don't worry, I can assure you it isn't contagious, or we'd have caught it in the week we've been travelling with them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 30, 2012, 05:26:35 pm
"Go on through," says the guard, stepping aside, the gates opening to reveal a squalid little village.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 30, 2012, 07:12:07 pm
Head on through, smiling.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 30, 2012, 07:15:24 pm
"That was easy," says Kilroy.

You start walking through the town, the citizens watching your band as you pass through. You hit the town square within several minutes, finding a fountain with a statue in the shape of a mermaid on it. Other than the town hall, a few larger abodes, and a lot of shanties, you have little else to see, unless there are a few shops around.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 30, 2012, 07:21:58 pm
See if there are any vaguely interesting shops.

"What were we hoping to do here that wasn't violent again, Pyro?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 30, 2012, 08:20:59 pm
"Well, suddenly I don't recall, but you told me that you wanted some time off to find a way of going about extending your state of undeadness by finding a way to immortalize your enemies."

There's some kind of shop that sells the region's exotic foods, there are cheese wheels out front, and chickens hanging from the doorway.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 30, 2012, 08:23:01 pm
"Stone and necromancy are temporary... I'll need to think of something else..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 30, 2012, 08:27:30 pm
"Who knows. Perhaps one of them will carry the item of their own undoing...that, or we might be able to find one of those exiled wizard fellows, they're always working on something ungodly!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 30, 2012, 08:31:52 pm
"Oh? Where would we find those last ones?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 30, 2012, 08:36:31 pm
"Nobody's quite sure," says Pyro. "They're scattered about, usually far away from anywhere, in caves, left to tend to their own creatures and machines. Really, you know necromancy? That's actually an organized thing! But half the crap these guys do? Nobody's ever seen it before! Really, this was what it was like back when magic started becoming an organized thing, and people were still figuring stuff out and writing books!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 30, 2012, 08:45:49 pm
"If we stumble upon any I'll know to ask before trying to kill them. You lot, is there anything you need while we're near shops?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 30, 2012, 08:49:21 pm
"I...kind of need the cheese..." says Rekchev.
"Way to reinforce stereotypes," says Becky.

You note that a lot of these villagers are rats, you're guessing that's why there's so much cheese on hand here.

"Could we get some blankets?" asks Balthazar, "and bedrolls? And maybe another coach?"

Your baby jumps onto Becky, and she seems to listen to it for several seconds. "We need the chickens," says Becky.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 30, 2012, 08:52:23 pm
"Uh... Do we actually have any money?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 30, 2012, 08:59:40 pm
"I have 30 wholes and five pieces on my person," says Stan.

"I have about...five wholes on me," says Balthazar.

"Can we pay in weapons?" asks Kilroy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 31, 2012, 08:24:30 pm
"...I don't understand your weird money systems... Kilroy, you're in charge of spending."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 31, 2012, 08:29:44 pm
"Aye, miss," says Kilroy, stepping inside.

Walking into the shop, you become aware of the produce, foodstuffs, and necessary supplies. There's a rat running the shop. "Ah, hello...quite the party you have there! Welcome, feel free to ask if you need anything!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 31, 2012, 08:48:35 pm
Look through the supplies, unimpressed.

"Do you sell anything vaguely useful?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 31, 2012, 08:51:42 pm
"We sell a variety of travel supplies and necessary equipment," says the shopkeeper. "What exactly are you looking for?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on January 31, 2012, 08:57:11 pm
"They want food or blankets or something stupid. I'm just wondering if you have anything worth buying."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 31, 2012, 09:08:14 pm
"We don't deal in artifacts and valuables," says the shopkeeper. "If you're looking for blades, try the blacksmith. If you're looking for oddities, try the trading post."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 01, 2012, 08:00:44 pm
Walk out, grumbling something about humans and food. Head to the trading post.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 01, 2012, 08:05:30 pm
The trading post also seems to be run by a rat, but this store interests you more with a varied assortment of books, staffs, assorted trinkets, and other instruments.

"Welcome," says the rat. "What may I help you with today?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 01, 2012, 08:09:27 pm
Put my hands on the counter.

"The guy in that other store told me you might actually have something worth selling, unlike him. Do you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 01, 2012, 08:12:56 pm
"I have many things, but not everyone is interested in buying the same thing. What kind of customer are you, miss? One for books? One for weapons? One for shiny things? Or perhaps you're into...something else?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 04, 2012, 06:01:53 pm
Tell him, bluntly.

"If it's illegal I'm probably interested."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 04, 2012, 06:14:33 pm
"Oh, it's not illegal, per say, but...I've got a finer selection downstairs..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 04, 2012, 06:15:55 pm
"Alright then, show me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 04, 2012, 06:21:33 pm
"Not up front," says the rat. "I need to know you have enough cash on hand, serious buyers only."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 04, 2012, 06:29:20 pm
"Well, I don't have any money on me right now, but I have some friends in very high places, and I'm sure I could arrange something... Perhaps you've heard of the sculptor, Ren'Yak Althoor?"

Guess how much magic I need to keep him there for an hour, then find the basement and take him downstairs with me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 04, 2012, 06:35:56 pm
You use a decent amount of magic, assuming he'll simply come back to life whenever he does.

You enter the basement, but upon first inspection, there isn't much else besides a bed, a table, several sacks of grain, some cabinets, and various unimportant things.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 04, 2012, 06:51:55 pm
Search the room thoroughly for any hidden switches, false bottoms, and the like.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 04, 2012, 07:02:41 pm
You search the room, but find no such switches. It would seem that this is a well-hidden stash...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 04, 2012, 07:10:12 pm
"I'll be right back, don't you worry."

Find the others.
"Hey, Rekchev, I need your help for a bit."

Walk back to the basement, assuming he'll follow me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 04, 2012, 07:17:03 pm
Rekchev hands a cheese wheel to Becky, following you.

"...Why did you do this?" asks Rekchev, pointing to the shopkeeper on your way in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 04, 2012, 07:22:44 pm
"He wanted money up front before he showed me the good stuff. Look around this basement for anything he has hidden. If you pretend not to find anything for his sake, I'll assume he was trying to trick me and kill him."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 04, 2012, 07:26:53 pm
Rekchev looks around a bit, before moving aside the cabinet, revealing a small alcove in the back wall.

"What's this?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 04, 2012, 07:28:58 pm
"This is exactly why I keep you around, Rekchev."

Head in through the alcove.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 04, 2012, 07:36:18 pm
There's not much space to head through in the alcove. There's only a locked iron box against the wall.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 04, 2012, 07:39:57 pm
See if I can pull it open hard enough to break the lock.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 04, 2012, 07:42:21 pm
There isn't an exterior lock on the thing, it seems to have an internal mechanism.

"This is a fancy box," says Rekchev. "I'd almost feel bad about stealing it if I hadn't been doing this my entire life."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 04, 2012, 07:44:06 pm
Shake it a bit, trying to hear for anything inside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 04, 2012, 07:45:54 pm
A significant amount of objects inside shift weight, rattling. The box is quite heavy, even for you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 04, 2012, 08:21:19 pm
"It has some kind of internal mechanism. Any idea how to unlock this?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 04, 2012, 08:25:04 pm
"Well," says Rekchev, "we could ask the shopkeeper, or we could try something more forceful."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 07, 2012, 08:09:03 pm
"Hrm..."

Think for a minute, then see if I can rip the box open in werewolf form before I try thinking of anything else.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 07, 2012, 08:28:23 pm
The box does not give to your strength. You're going to have to get exotic here...

"He protects his valuables w-" Rekchev begins to say before becoming encased in ice!

"You shouldn't have done that," says the shopkeeper, hands pulsing with a magical energy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 07, 2012, 08:36:09 pm
React quickly, attempting to knock him back with a magic missile.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 07, 2012, 08:39:55 pm
"If you're not going to play by the rules I'm afraid I'm just going to have to forcefully remove you from my store," says the shopkeeper. You shoot a weak magic missile, but it bounces off of some sort of invisible magical shield and comes straight back at you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 07, 2012, 08:45:18 pm
Sidestep it, using my charm as I revert to my normal form.

"I think I've proven I'm not a window shopper, and I'd feel bad stealing from you when you're not as incompetent as I expected. Now that I'm already down here, how about you show me your wares and barter for some of my magic supplies?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 07, 2012, 08:53:05 pm
"You think I'm that stupid? I can sense the wretched enchantment behind your words! You're a foolish upstart of a mage, and I can practically smell what gods you've aligned yourself with!" With a raise of his hand, the box floats over to him. "I've tried to be an honest man, making an honest living, but I see now that this world is too filled with dishonest people like you. I guess my personal goal's null and void, then! I'll pursue my magical skills even further!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 07, 2012, 09:18:16 pm
Drop the charm, and speak rather matter-of-factly.

"Firstly, I'm not really a person. I guess I'm perfectly honest to my own nature, and secondly, I don't even know any gods. That's just my rotting flesh and other people's blood you're smelling."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 07, 2012, 09:25:34 pm
"Then is that just the force of your own will I'm sensing? There has to be something divine behind your resurrection..."

The shopkeeper notices your flute. "How much for that little bauble?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 07, 2012, 09:32:24 pm
"I've heard that before, but whatever god brought me back hasn't bothered telling me their name, so I can barely be expected to follow them, can I? Basic enchantment, but when I play a certain song on it it puts people into a blind panic. I don't like money, nor do I understand it, so it's barter only."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 07, 2012, 09:37:56 pm
"You're not going to get far in this country through bartering," says the shopkeeper. "But perhaps I can interest you in something...experimental..."

He inserts a complex metal key into the lock, then mutters a spell, causing several iron bars to extend out of the chest, the top slowly opening. He rummages around a bit, before pulling out a small model of a thatch hut. "This is the hut in its normal form...but a few commands, and it will grow to house a large group, and even to move! Of course, I must know what else you have for barter..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 09, 2012, 08:37:36 pm
"...Well, I do have several interesting magic books, including one on necromancy... How fast is this hut thing?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 09, 2012, 08:42:16 pm
"It moves with the speed of the horse...it takes long strides," says the shopkeeper. "But I don't think those books will do it for me...perhaps you have enchanted weapons? Necromancy tools? Anything else interesting?"

Rekchev's ice shatters off of him. "WIDOW, LOOK OU-" he gets out before he is promptly frozen again. The shopkeeper simply smiles.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 09, 2012, 08:50:50 pm
"Good, you're thawed. I don't know if you're as savvy when it comes to magical artefacts, but the shopkeeper's claiming that that model grows to the size of a house and travels as fast as a horse."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 09, 2012, 08:59:34 pm
"Haven't heard of something like that, aside from a few objects of legend," says Rekchev. "But I would demand that we first see if this magical item can do what he says it does..."

The shopkeeper sets the model on the floor, then mutters a few words. Before your eyes, the hut begins to slowly grow...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 09, 2012, 09:02:27 pm
"Hrm... Coincidentally, our carriage was wrecked on the way here. I'll have to discuss this with somebody, so give me a few minutes."

Walk out with Rekchev, then when out of sight and earshot, whisper to him.

"We're stealing it. Did you hear the words he used to activate it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 09, 2012, 09:06:39 pm
"I listened. I believe he said the words 'ar'ronze tribek.' But we only know that one word, how will we utilize its other commands? And I wouldn't exactly trust him in the first place...you turn him to stone and then he offers to trade magical items with you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 11, 2012, 09:49:01 pm
"You're right. We should just kill him and figure things out for ourselves."

Look for the others.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 11, 2012, 10:00:50 pm
Kilroy and the crew are back at the shop. "Hey, we're going to need you to pay for this," he says, standing in front of a large amount of various supplies.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 11, 2012, 10:04:48 pm
Turn to the shopkeeper, using my charm.

"*I don't have the money on me right now, but it's okay if I bring it some time tomorrow, isn't it?*"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 11, 2012, 10:10:24 pm
"Err...well, I don't recognize you from around here...I'm sorry, I don't think that could be arranged."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 11, 2012, 10:13:38 pm
Look offended.

"*What do you mean, you don't recognise me? I've lived here all my life and you don't recall ever seeing me? Really, now?*"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 11, 2012, 10:20:36 pm
"...You're going to have to give me a name...I don't recognize your face..." The rat squints, examining  you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 11, 2012, 10:30:53 pm
"*I could always send my daughter, Becky, if you're happier with that.*"

Gesture towards Becky.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 11, 2012, 10:45:08 pm
Becky waves awkwardly. The rat scratches his head. "Well...I'm really not supposed to do this...it's against store policy."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 11, 2012, 10:47:42 pm
"*Would it make things easier if I paid a little extra?*"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 11, 2012, 10:52:28 pm
"...Alright...I'll take 100 wholes up front now...and I'll take the rest when you send your daughter later," says the rat.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 13, 2012, 09:26:50 pm
"*Perhaps we could pay 20 wholes up front, and pay an extra 250 wholes when we pay the rest?*"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 13, 2012, 09:33:43 pm
The rat rubs his forehead, expressing discontent. "No...no, that's not enough. I'll only settle for 100 now! I get the feeling the longer this conversation goes on, the fishier you lot seem to be..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 15, 2012, 02:48:41 pm
Subtlety look to see if there's anyone else in sight.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 15, 2012, 03:05:44 pm
There's a number of people and freelance guards outside the store. If you kil this guy, you'll have to be subtle about it. You don't know what Balthazar might do to sabotage your escape, since he seems to be against your philosophies.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 16, 2012, 10:56:55 am
Whisper.

"Ren'Yak Althoor."

Channel enough magic into him to last a day or so, and quietly move everybody out with the goods before the shopkeeper has any idea what just happened.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 16, 2012, 11:38:56 am
As you hold up your hand to turn this rat into a statue, it feels like straining to suction water out of an empty pond through a tube. That is to say, you feel exhausted of mana!

"Um...are you trying to...cast a spell on me, miss?" asks the shopkeeper.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 16, 2012, 04:11:11 pm
PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC.

Completely lose any sense of rationality, and approach him. Stab him in the throat and run like hell, preferably out a back entrance.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 16, 2012, 04:22:42 pm
You stab the shopkeeper clumsily as you pull out the knife, causing him to fall as you puncture his chest! Balthazar yells, and everybody else has various reactions as you try to find a back entrance. Alas, there is no back entrance to this establishment!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 16, 2012, 04:56:06 pm
"OUT OF MANA. NO ESCAPE. PANIC PANIC PANIC PANIC."

Try turning into a werewolf. Whether or not I manage, dash out the front entrance.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 16, 2012, 05:02:40 pm
You're too unfocused to change properly, and run out the front door as civilians scatter and guards run up! You're in danger of getting seriously hurt running blindly like this!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 16, 2012, 06:02:49 pm
Quickly find a rooftop I can reach, and use the rooftops to keep travelling in one direction as far as possible, and pick up the pieces later.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 16, 2012, 06:08:27 pm
You head for a dingy little shack, but as soon as you try to climb up on top of it the roof crumbles beneath your weight! You fall down!

Several guards run up to you, swords and pikes pointed. "You are under arrest," says one. "Nobody assaults the townsfolk on our watch! You're going to rot in jail for a long time for this!"

You look over to see your main group running out of the building, most of them occupied by guards, and others trying to get away.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 16, 2012, 06:18:44 pm
Close my eyes for a moment, and take a deep breath through my throat wound, opening them again, a lot calmer with a problem I know how to address.

Grab a pike, yanking the soldier holding it roughly towards me. Rip the pike from his hands, and shove him into another guard, before using the pike to slaughter them all.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 16, 2012, 06:25:41 pm
As you make the move, you succeed in hauling the guard towards you, but you receive several painful stabs in the chest as you are attacked by the other guards standing by him! You succeed in tearing the pike out and wielding it, but being undead doesn't make these wounds any less painful to bear.

"WICKED MONSTER!" shouts a guard, taking a vicious swipe at you with his sword. "THIS VILLAGE WILL NOT BE THE HOME OF YOU OR YOUR PARTY!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 18, 2012, 08:18:01 pm
I could run... Humiliating, and I lose track of everyone else. I could likely kill these guards, but it would hurt rather badly and end in running, regardless... If I surrender, I go to a quiet cell until I have more mana, then humiliate them by breaking out. The others will be safely in their cells, too... I suppose it's the best option...

Drop the pike, and raise my arms, uttering the most difficult two words I've ever had to use.

"I yield."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 18, 2012, 09:47:40 pm
The guards approach you cautiously, worryingly raising their pikes as they approach.

"You are under arrest! You'll be escorted to prison...and thoroughly questioned..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 18, 2012, 11:03:04 pm
"What're you waiting for, then? Are you afraid of me even when I've surrendered?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 18, 2012, 11:11:37 pm
"You've shown tenacity," says the man. "We aren't going to assume that this surrender is genuine."

Three men take you by the arms, two more with weapons pointed at your throat. You aren't happy about being in this position, given that you're reminded of your past self in her death.

The guards take you across town, past many small habitations and dingy citizens. You're escorted inside, and thrown into a cell, the guards stripping you of your possessions, including your cloak, leaving you in your original bloodied dress.

The cell is rather bare, save for a small table, stool, and bed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 18, 2012, 11:14:36 pm
Sit on the table, trying to determine how quickly my mana is returning.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 18, 2012, 11:25:00 pm
You're not entirely sure, but it's not regenerating nearly fast enough for your level of patience.

A guard comes by a few minutes later. "You're a special one...you've got an important man here to see you..."

A that moment, a hulking behemoth covered in armor comes into view. It's a literal giant, standing perhaps over eight feet tall, covered in heavy armor, and extremely muscular. On its back is a large two-handed blade, with jagged edges. You can sense that its weapons and armor are enchanted. It breathes heavily, and laughs in a deep voice as it sees you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 03:44:42 pm
Stand up, smiling widely.

"You came. Good. Now, I'm afraid you'll have to reintroduce yourself. All I remember is that you're a rapist and a murderer, and that's barely a good basis for starting a conversation."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 03:52:25 pm
"Hm?" asks another man, coming around the corner.

He's blonde, with hair of moderate length coming down over his ears and lightly draping his eyebrows. He wears a red cape, and light armor, a sword at his hip. He has blue eyes, and heavily resembles one of your rapists.

"You'll have to excuse Kluug," he says. "He just loves seeing criminals in jail...I've been looking for you, ever since I heard of my colleague's death in front of an entire town...killed by a cloaked woman. You wouldn't happen to be that person...would you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 04:06:40 pm
"Where would you get the idea that I'd do something like that? Next you'll be claiming that I turned the Earl's entire family of werewolves against him, and ripped his canine throat out after wrestling with him off a cliff edge!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 04:15:53 pm
"Well, a complete idiot couldn't put it together, because that's who everyone else you've run into on your little vendetta spree was. I've got some convincing evidence," he says, holding your black cloak, and your preferred knife. "Really, you're not hard to track down, since it seems you like to make a huge scene wherever you go. It doesn't even take a third-rate tracker to find you."

The giant, Kluug, simply laughs at you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 04:26:57 pm
Laugh as well, genuinely amused by this.

"You don't get it, do you? You think I'm trying to stop you from finding me?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 04:30:40 pm
"Well," he says, "you've certainly made it a priority for me to protect the people of this land from a menace...an unnatural freak such as yourself. Don't think I'm like those other weak fools, because I'm in a class of my own. You think killing those deadbeats makes you powerful? Laughable."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 04:39:45 pm
"Of course not. Being a revenant is what makes me powerful. It seems a god was bored around the time you murdered me, and I'm not planning on disappointing them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 04:43:28 pm
"KLUUG KILL?" asks the monster standing beside the man.

"No, Kluug, not right now," says the man. "Anyway...perhaps we could settle this properly?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 04:46:31 pm
Fold my arms, and raise an eyebrow, for the first time unable to predict a human.

"And what do you mean by that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 04:52:58 pm
"A fight to the death. I can show you what real power is," the man says, laughing. "Unless you were planning on just...running away? Because if you were, I certainly wouldn't blame you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 04:54:31 pm
"Give me back my stuff and it's a deal."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 05:01:20 pm
"Well," he says, taking out his sword and doing some swordplay with it, "I'll have it handed back to you just before we start our duel. Of course, you'll be escorted by a...considerable force."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 05:10:38 pm
"Cloak first. Then we talk."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 05:15:20 pm
"...Nah. Besides...I always thought you were more beautiful in that dress..." he smiles maliciously, in a way that causes your rage to boil up inside of you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 05:24:25 pm
Throw the stool into the wall at full force, and smash the table with my foot, before responding in a relatively calm manner.

"I'll duel you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 05:26:57 pm
This illicits laughter from the man, before he hands you the cloak. "Very well...you may call the time at which we will duel. Keep in mind, I'm a busy man, and I can't afford to be wasting too much time waiting around for creatures like yourself to gather up enough courage to face me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 05:35:33 pm
Snatch the cloak, putting it on.

"Half past three in the morning. "
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 05:41:21 pm
Well now, we can certainly arrange that," says the man. "I must know the name of my combatant before I kill them. So please, introduce yourself. I know what your name WAS...but not what your name is now."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 05:46:47 pm
Lie, just to frustrate his twisted sense of honour.

"Names are for narcissists. I don't have one."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 05:52:49 pm
"Well, I guess the world's just narcissistic like that. I'm Sir Anton, Royal Enforcer of His Majesty's Royal Guard." The man turns to Kluug. "You needn't worry about Kluug, here. He's just my bodyguard."

"KLUUG CAN SNAP LADY LIKE TWIG!" shouts Kluug, slamming his hands together.

"I'm sure you could, Kluug," says Anton. "But perhaps after I'm done with her."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 05:54:59 pm
"For somebody who's so powerful, you certainly picked a massive bodyguard."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 06:04:08 pm
"Important men just need something to look more impressive, don't you think? I found this force of nature in the Schulian outlands. He was much too interesting to pass up."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 06:09:52 pm
"If you rely on anything else other than yourself to look impressive, you don't deserve to."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 06:13:59 pm
"Enough of you philosophies," says Anton. "I'll expect to see you later tonight. Come, Kluug." Anton walks out, obviously unwilling to have his ego challenged.

"BYE LADY," says Kluug, walking out behind Anton.

You're down a stool and a table. But at least you can wear your cloak now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 06:18:54 pm
Consider that a victory. Determine how much mana I have access to, and how much I'm likely to have by the middle of the night.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 06:22:37 pm
You've got a small amount, perhaps enough to turn someone to stone for a few minutes. By the arranged time of your duel, you should have enough to cast several spells.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 06:28:42 pm
Sit in the corner, trying to remember if there's anything about this man I should be wary of.

While I'm at it, pass the time by calling out.
"So is there anyone else in the cells here, or do I have the place to myself?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 06:31:24 pm
"QUIET, PRISONER!" shouts a guard in response.

You don't remember much of Anton outside of him raping you. But you know that he isn't the one who dealt the killing blow.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 06:34:22 pm
"If you want to try to shut me up, be my guest, but it probably won't go too well!"

Try to remember whether the bodyguard's enchanted sword was the one who killed me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 06:37:22 pm
The bodyguard wasn't there that night...he was not one of the five men, and his distinctive sword wasn't the weapon that killed you either. If you had to guess, you think you'd be able to tell what it was right away if you were to see it.

"Gladly!" says the guard, as five men round the corner and stand in front of your cell.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 06:42:01 pm
"It's pretty obvious you're a coward when you threaten an unarmed woman with five guards. Now that I've got your attention, what time is it? I have a duel soon."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 06:46:35 pm
"...Roughly five in the afternoon. Now quiet down!" says the guard, the small group dispersing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 08:45:07 pm
"You bothered to answer, so I'll oblige. Can I have my flute, though? It's boring in here... Though I guess that's the general idea. Disregard that."

Close my eyes, and think over what few memories I have of Anton over and over again, fuelling myself with hatred.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 08:52:07 pm
Pig...he took his time in having his way with you. You remember the look he gave you that entire time, the look of a madman fueled by a desire to dominate everything he lays his eyes on. You'll be doing everyone else a favor getting rid of this bastard.

Hate...hate...

You open your eyes. You can't think of anything else besides killing this man in horribly gruesome ways, you've conditioned yourself to focus only on this goal. The guards soon come up to your cell, weapons drawn. "Come with us. Sir Anton will fight you in an undisclosed location. We'll be putting this bag over your head in the mean time," a guard says, holding up a burlap sack.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 09:04:37 pm
Get up, and look at them, my voice full of the emotion I've just built-up.

"Good."

Step forward, willing to be humiliated like this if it means killing him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 09:09:03 pm
They put the bag over your head, and you start moving.

You're led outside, and you walk quite some distance before the group stops. You hear the sounds of a small crowd around you, and your hands are unbound. You are moved forward, and you hear a gate close behind you.

"You may take off the bag now," says the guard, a few of the others chuckling.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 09:15:10 pm
Tear off the bag, and look at my surroundings, taking in every detail.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 09:18:06 pm
You're in the countryside somewhere, outside the town. You're surrounded by a wooden fence, like some kind of farm. You step forward and see a group of about 20 men in front of you, armed to the teeth. Behind you are five more, the people that led you here.

"The Royal Enforcer doesn't have the time to waste dealing with you. But we'll gladly do the job for him," says one of the guards.

HE ISN'T HERE...COWARD!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 09:34:18 pm
Look at them all with intense anger, quickly deteriorating into hysterical laughter.

"Oh, wow! By the fact that you haven't given me a weapon it's obvious that you think that this is my execution! You honestly can't tell that it's yours?"

Well aware that I'll need to disguise myself as a guard afterwards, turn into my favourite form for the final time, letting out a loud roar.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 09:45:26 pm
"WE KNOW WHAT YOU ARE, FREAK!"
"IT'S TIME TO DIE!"
"GET SOME!"
"BITCH!"

These idiots seem to think numbers will protect them. They are completely wrong.

The five guards behind you back up a bit, poking at you with their pikes. The men in front of you slowly advance.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 09:53:48 pm
Charge straight through the middle of their formation, tearing at everything I come into contact with, not stopping for any reason until I'm at the other side of them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 09:58:24 pm
You get cut, punctured, torn, but you tear apart eight of them as you make your way through. That's about one-third of the entire group. They yell, and scream, but they don't seem to let up, opting instead to come for you instead of waiting for you to come to them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 19, 2012, 10:11:31 pm
With all of them on one side of me, take advantage of them being on the offensive, and hold my ground, mauling everyone that comes within a short distance, and snapping any pikes they try to stab me with from a distance.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 19, 2012, 10:16:13 pm
You easily hold off from this point, taking down five men before they begin to figure something out, spreading out around you, forming a circle. They thrust their pikes at you, managing to hit you from multiple directions!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 20, 2012, 07:42:55 pm
"RENYAKALTHOOR!"

Channel a tiny amount of magic into half the circle, enough to petrify them each for a brief moment, just long enough for me to shove past them without getting stabbed. Turn and hack at them as they recover.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 20, 2012, 07:50:56 pm
Your spell is too weak to petrify them completely, but it's enough to slow them down enough for you to barge out of the circle. You grab two men, slamming both of them into the ground, driving your claws through their armor. A wild swing from a man on your right gives you a large cut across your right haunch!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 20, 2012, 08:05:52 pm
Kick him, hard, and lash out savagely at any others nearby.

"Do you believe me yet?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 20, 2012, 08:10:38 pm
You send him crashing into the fence.

"Believe you? You look pretty tired to us," one of them says.
"I'M GOING TO TEACH YOU HOW TO SIT DOWN, BITCH!" roars one, charging, pike out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 20, 2012, 08:15:39 pm
Smack his pike downwards to throw his charge off-balance, and chomp into his skull, throwing his body aside.

"Fools will be fools. Continue, then."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 20, 2012, 08:17:18 pm
There are eight men left now. You're bleeding quite profusely from your various wounds, and your body seems to be tiring quickly.

They all bide their time.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 20, 2012, 08:28:24 pm
Your blood tasted awful, but you served me well.

Turn back to normal, picking up a pike with a smile.

"Round two, anyone?"

Without waiting for a response, throw the pike at the nearest guard, and quickly grab another weapon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 20, 2012, 08:31:10 pm
You throw the pike at a guard, causing the line to scatter as it narrowly misses them. You pick up a shortsword that one of the dead guys left lying out, finding it to be light enough for your comfort.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 20, 2012, 08:47:53 pm
"Murder is a beautiful thing."

Instantly go on the offensive, darting towards the group, and picking off a guard from the side, slashing his throat, and rolling away as the others move to retaliate.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 20, 2012, 08:49:38 pm
You move quickly enough to get one lunkhead to stab one of his own partners! The remaining six try to keep you at bay with their pikes, but your regular form is much more agile than that wolf...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 20, 2012, 09:04:59 pm
Pick up another pike, and throw it at one of the guards. As they dodge, suddenly close in on them and slash their throat, laughing.

"Even you lot are bound to believe me by now! He wasn't busy, he was afraid!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 20, 2012, 09:20:29 pm
Your cloak gets covered in a fresh spray of blood, and you actually get several of the bastards to start running, leaving only one standing in your way, backpedaling quickly towards the fence.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 23, 2012, 02:51:35 pm
Dart behind him, and hold my sword to his neck, whispering in his ear.

"Anton sent you here to die, and your so-called friends just abandoned you. Just out of curiosity, how do you feel?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 23, 2012, 03:14:39 pm
He struggles. "I'm not playing your sick game!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 23, 2012, 04:59:04 pm
Keep him firmly held.

"Do you know what I am, exactly?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 23, 2012, 05:08:49 pm
"You're a monster...something that should have stayed dead and rotted away! I guess being a bag of worms wasn't good enough for the likes of you, then, was it? You had to go on and cheat honest people out of a living! Anton told us what you've done!" He struggles, seeming to try to creep towards a nearby shortsword...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 23, 2012, 05:13:18 pm
Throw him to the ground, and stand on his arms, pointing the sword downwards.

"I don't suppose Anton told you what he did, did he?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 23, 2012, 05:20:27 pm
"SIR Anton told us you'd try to poison our minds with your siren words!" the man shouts as you stamp on his arms. You hear a slight snap from them. "But I'm not going to let you do that to me..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 23, 2012, 05:29:36 pm
Glare down at him, my voice cold.

"You know, I can use charm spells, but using spells too much got me into this mess in the first place, so I'm hardly going to use them on somebody I'm going to kill anyway, am I? There's one thing about my past life I remember. You want to know how I died?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 23, 2012, 05:34:29 pm
"I don't very much care," he growls. "In fact, I don't give half a shit."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 23, 2012, 05:53:54 pm
Twist my heel, getting royally pissed off, showing him my throat wound.

"Anton and his friends raped me and slit my throat! I can't remember WHAT I did for that to happen, but those BASTARDS ENJOYED EVERY SECOND OF IT! NOW I'M BACK TO TRACK THEM DOWN AND MAKE THEM SUFFER, ALONG WITH ANYONE WHO GETS IN MY WAY!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 23, 2012, 05:55:48 pm
You think the man's smiling.

"Well...I don't think you're trying hard enough. I hardly feel any of this 'suffering' you're notorious for."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 23, 2012, 06:01:54 pm
"There's a reason for that. I'm not doing much because I want to preserve your body."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 23, 2012, 06:08:16 pm
"...What? No...I REFUSE TO BE YOUR UNDEAD THRALL! LET ME GO!" the guard says, thrashing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 23, 2012, 06:14:11 pm
"It isn't so funny now, is it? You'll learn to like it soon enough. I'll be back as soon as I've stolen your identity and found my staff... But first..."

Smile down at him, and very, very slowly slide my sword into his windpipe. Wipe some blood from the wound as it goes in, and lick it off my finger, letting his last living memory be his own face leering back at him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 23, 2012, 06:18:09 pm
He dies with a look of horror on his face, air slowly whistling out.

You're going to have to find where your party went, as well as where they put all of your possessions. Those guards that left probably alerted the rest of them that you were somebody they just shouldn't have fucked with, so they'll probably be waiting for some sign of your activity. If Sir Anton told them what you can do, you're going to have to be even more careful. In fact, if Sir Anton hauled his ass out of town, he'll probably be alerting any other places he comes across.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 02:21:02 pm
Take that as added challenge, and start heading back for the city.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 02:30:27 pm
You head back, and you can tell from a distance that the guards are out in full force, keeping watch at the gates and patrolling in tight formations. You're guessing the word is out that you took on and killed 25 of these bastards.

Approaching the gate like this will probably get you stopped and thoroughly questioned, seeing as there are about six guys standing out front here. However, you're not too sure about any other way to get in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 02:39:06 pm
Approach the guards at the gate, looking exhausted.

"...Barely just managed to get away from that hooded bitch..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 02:42:30 pm
"Stop right there! Come any closer and we'll use lethal force against you!" says a guard. "State your name!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 02:52:39 pm
Decide that any crazy story is better than turning back to normal and forcing my way through.

"*...I... I can't remember at the minute... That... that thing... That thing's all I can remember... Maybe it's magic or maybe I'm just going crazy.*"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 02:58:50 pm
"...OH THAT IS SOME BULLSHIT!" says one guard, unsheathing his sword, but another guard holds him back.

"Hold on, he might really be traumatized by what he saw out there."

"Bah! If he's upright and walking, he's well enough to remember what his own name is!" says another.

"We can't let him through," says another guard. "Even if he does have a sob story, we're not letting him through because of this."

"It's better to be safe than sorry," says the first guard, unsheathing his sword.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 03:39:19 pm
Start to tremble, looking down, waiting for the guard to approach.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 03:44:14 pm
The group approaches you, weapons drawn. The front guard raises his sword, and starts moving forward to deal a blow!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 03:55:08 pm
"Wait... before you strike..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 03:57:24 pm
The man stops momentarily. "IF THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOUR NAME WE WON'T LISTEN TO ANY STORIES."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 07:32:43 pm
"Earlier, you said it was better to be safe than sorry. That's good advice... You should have followed it."

Suddenly reveal myself, as I sidestep and slash his throat, trying to kill all six guards as quickly as possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 07:40:44 pm
You're surprised as the guard falls clumsily on his ass, causing you to miss his throat. The other guards converge on you, but they take a few easy stabs to the stomach while you dance away, the last few guards falling back, starting to run into the city, screaming.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 07:51:45 pm
Quickly drink a different guard's blood, and sprint into the city. Duck into a few alleys, transform, and run out a different way, taking advantage of the blind panic.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 07:59:58 pm
You run, between buildings and alleys. You move past groups of running guards, making your way up to the jail that you were imprisoned in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 08:10:40 pm
Run into the jail.

"The monster's free! It'll be back for the other prisoners! We need to do something!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 08:14:00 pm
"SAFE WORD!" shouts the man sitting at the desk, grabbing his weapon.

Man, they set up a LOT of precautions for this, but they must have assumed that you'd play by the rules...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 08:20:03 pm
"*NO TIME FOR THESE GAMES! WE NEED TO EXECUTE THE PRISONERS BEFORE SHE RELEASES THEM!*"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 08:24:34 pm
"THE PRISONERS WILL BE FINE, WHAT IS THE SAFE WORD!?" the guard points his weapon at you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 08:32:33 pm
"The problem with rigid systems is that it ends up with everyone getting hurt a lot more."

Stab him quickly, and move swiftly on, looking for the others or my stuff.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 08:42:30 pm
You don't find any of the others, but you find your stuff locked away in a small armory. How disgusting, they set everything of yours in here with a bunch of cheap swords and dirty armor. But at least you've got it back now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 08:48:11 pm
Take everything I own, stuffing what I can't carry into my pockets, and holding the staff with my left hand. Reanimate the guy I just killed with enough magic to keep him relatively sturdy.

"Carry this."

Toss him the staff and anything that's weighing me down too much.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 08:50:14 pm
He obediently holds your gear, and you look out a nearby window.

The guards are walking about, still looking for you. As much as you would like to kill them all, you're not in the best condition for another big fight.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 08:57:06 pm
"Worth a shot... Tell me where the others I was arrested with are."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 09:00:43 pm
The thing doesn't answer, not having enough intelligence for such a task. However, you know you saw them running out of town through a specific gate, the one that you came in through near the two shops you tried robbing. They probably escaped through there, considering they aren't in here.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 09:04:22 pm
Slip out the jail, and cautiously head towards the place I left that guy's body.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 09:06:19 pm
You slip out of town again, your thrall following you.

You make it back to the battlefield where you slaughtered everyone, finding the man you made a promise to lying on the ground.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 09:11:59 pm
Put a level of magic into him on par with Stan, and smile to him as he rises.

"Call me what you like, but I'm not a liar."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 09:20:04 pm
"...Mistress..." he whispers hoarsely, kneeling to you.

You're going to have fun with this one...he doesn't have a strong enough will to resist you...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 27, 2012, 09:40:02 pm
"I'm pleased with you, for now... Take your old weapon and follow me."

Walk around the outskirts of the city until I'm near the gate the others ran through, and look around.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 27, 2012, 09:45:21 pm
You look around, not finding your party, but finding traces of a fierce battle along the roadside, several burnt trees and scorched patches of earth around an area in front of the surrounding woods. You think if you travel far enough in, you'll find where they're camping...but you might find a spell of some sort that could make it a lot easier to find them if you look in your book.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 28, 2012, 01:45:06 pm
Find somewhere to sit, and flick through my books until I find a spell that can see into the past.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 28, 2012, 02:28:18 pm
Time distortion doesn't seem to be covered in this book, but you do find a detect life spell, it should prove useful here.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 28, 2012, 02:32:51 pm
Read up on it thoroughly, and then close the book, trying it out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 28, 2012, 02:43:46 pm
The focus words for this spell are "de'nix retunoss," and you say them appropriately while channeling your magic to your eyes. The forest around you shifts in color, tiny sparks of light floating around the trees, bugs. You see larger clusters of the light a short distance away, several of them. Interestingly enough, your undead thralls do not glow.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 28, 2012, 02:47:37 pm
Casually walk into the camp, and make sure the others are here, before sitting myself down and waiting for them to wake up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 28, 2012, 02:49:58 pm
You walk into a small clearing, finding your party resting here. You sit down, the sun rising shortly, and Rekchev waking up.

"Widow? What happened to you? We just managed to escape them, but we saw you get captured!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 28, 2012, 02:57:07 pm
"Do you really need me to answer that? I went to jail, they got thirty or so idiots who didn't know what they were doing to execute me, so I got my stuff back, and used a spell to track you here. You sound as if you weren't expecting me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 28, 2012, 03:00:33 pm
"Well...I thought you were out of magic," says Rekchev. "Something like that, I'm not too familiar with the way these things work, since this kingdom doesn't allow citizens to practice magic."

Your baby crawls up to you, making a few babyish cries! It missed its mother!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 28, 2012, 03:18:50 pm
"I missed you, too!"

Kneel down, and hug it tightly, letting it climb up onto my shoulders.

"Basically, at least for me, it comes back to me over time."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 28, 2012, 03:33:52 pm
"What's all this, then?" asks Kilroy, sitting up. "Oh, it's the revenant! Um...did you happen to kill about half a dozen hunters on your way here? They're looking for us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 28, 2012, 03:44:47 pm
"Not seen them, anything special about them that might pose some weird threat?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 28, 2012, 03:49:20 pm
"They've got rifles, I suppose. That and they're flanked by a few hounds," says Kilroy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 28, 2012, 03:54:19 pm
"I was expecting wizards or giants or something. I'm fine with that if they show up. Pyro up yet?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 28, 2012, 04:03:41 pm
"He never went to sleep, but I'm not sure where he is," says Kilroy. "Oh, and that boy you took with us? He ran off, not sure where."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on February 28, 2012, 04:08:23 pm
"Oh goddamnit. Well, it's not like 'sir' Anton was going to keep his mouth shut about me, anyway. Did Becky run off with him, or is she still here?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on February 28, 2012, 04:35:30 pm
"She ran off as well, but she really wanted to take that dragon with her. She deliberated before leaving."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 01, 2012, 05:02:58 pm
"It's a shame she didn't love my baby enough..."

Talk to my baby.

"Do you still have a link with her? Can you see where she is?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 01, 2012, 05:07:37 pm
Your baby makes a few baby dragon sounds, squirming in your hands, craning its neck in a direction deeper into the forest.

You hear some barking in the distance.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 01, 2012, 05:17:12 pm
"Dogs. Get ready."

Hide behind a tree.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 01, 2012, 05:25:58 pm
Everybody gets up, taking cover behind trees as you hear a hunting party approach, dogs moving into the area, followed by the snapping of twigs that signals the coming of hunters...

You hear them enter the group's campsite, and they begin talking amongst themselves, pointing everything out. The dogs bark incessantly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 01, 2012, 05:32:47 pm
Turn into the guard, and slowly approach them.

"What're you doing here? If you're hunting for that hooded woman, it's really not safe. I just got separated from my group when she attacked us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 01, 2012, 05:36:02 pm
The dogs bark, and the hunters have their muskets aimed at you. "What's your name? This campsite seems fresh, where did you get attacked?" asks one of them.

Everybody is just so distrusting!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 01, 2012, 05:38:35 pm
Raise my hands.

"No need for the guns. I'm Tom Davidson. We were attacked about half a mile away... She started butchering us alive and we all ran in random directions. I don't know about this campsite, but your dogs are pretty loud. Whoever was camping here probably ran when they heard you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 01, 2012, 05:41:59 pm
"Point us in the direction, we haven't been having much luck with this hunting party. We were planning on catching the group she was traveling with, but perhaps killing her would be a larger reward," says the man, lowering his gun.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 01, 2012, 05:45:53 pm
Assuming my party are hiding behind me and the hunters came from in front of me, point to the left.

"About half a mile that way, but she does travel pretty quickly. If you're intent on killing her, should I come with you? It was kind of what my group was ordered to do, so I guess I'm obligated."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 01, 2012, 05:51:45 pm
"No, you're fine. It's weird...we thought she would be executed somewhere else on the other side of the city. How'd she get over here?"

They start walking, turning their backs to you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 01, 2012, 05:54:55 pm
"The problem is her shape-shifting... You never know who she could be..."

Slash at the neck of the hunter closest to me, quickly moving onto the next one, quickly cutting my way through the group, revealing myself in the process.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 01, 2012, 06:58:24 pm
You take them from behind, the hunters turning around, but not readying their guns in time before you cut them down. The dogs bark madly at you as you jump over them, the lead hunter training his sights on you, a flash erupting from his muzzle as he sends a spray of shot at you! However, his rifle proves quite inaccurate, as you leap onto him, unharmed!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 04:01:42 pm
Slash violently and repeatedly at his face, laughing, before turning to defend myself against the dogs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 04:08:03 pm
The dogs try to jump on you, bring you down in a flurry of teeth and claws, but you throw them off, dealing with each of them easily. Killing the animals isn't nearly as satisfying as killing the hunter, he screamed a lot more.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 04:11:14 pm
Scratch my chin a little, and try drinking just a sip of the disgusting dog blood, seeing if I can turn into it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 04:15:50 pm
You take a small drink before spitting it out, spluttering it all over the ground, trying to get the rest off of your tongue. It neither works or is pleasant to taste, so you're guessing that this was just a terrible idea.

"They dead?" asks Rekchev, peeking out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 04:17:42 pm
"Yep."

Pick up a gun, inspecting it carefully, sceptical after my fiasco at the ball.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 04:24:00 pm
It's loaded, but you're sure it's quite inaccurate after what just happened.

Rekchev and Kilroy, along with your baby, come out from behind cover. Rekchev picks up a rifle, scavenging some gunpowder and ammo from the hunters. "I've worked guns before, and I can assure you they're quite unreliable."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 04:30:19 pm
Drop the gun over my shoulder.

"The Earl only got away the first time because the prince of Paudina's pistol blew up in my hand. Where to next?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 04:36:40 pm
"We need to find those two kids," says Rekchev, "the boy is foolhardy and the girl is scared and confused. If you haven't noticed, these woods are dangerous."

"That demon could look out for himself," says Kilroy. "I'm quite sure he'll be able to find his way back to us. In the meanwhile, I can do more than compensate with these muscles of mine!" Kilroy flexes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 04:38:18 pm
"I couldn't care less about those two. Does anybody have any idea where Pyro went?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 04:44:23 pm
"He turned into a fireball and headed into this forest, so we followed him as best as we could, but we lost him quickly. Maybe he left tracks of some kind we could follow?" asks Rekchev.

Your baby perches up on your shoulders again, before slipping into your bag, finding it more comfortable to sit in there.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 04:48:50 pm
"Hrm..."

Look around the trees for any scorch marks suggested that he passed them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 04:52:03 pm
Looking up, you think you can make out a path of missing branches and scorched leaves, though the terrain that it's over isn't exactly easy to walk across. This forest has a lot of rock faces and inclines.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 04:58:04 pm
"You lot stay here, or hide somewhere nearby where I can find you easily. My minions'll help you out if you get attacked again. The terrain is far from flat, so it's easier if I go alone."

Make sure my baby is safely nestled inside my bag, and start quickly but carefully tracking Pyro down.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 05:00:55 pm
You scramble along, climbing up a few steep rises and walls before coming upon a curious cave. You can't see what's inside, but you find a familiar scrap of fabric from Becky's skirt lying on the ground outside of it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 05:14:41 pm
Pick it up, confused, before turning to the cave, whispering.

"De'nix retunoss."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 05:25:10 pm
You step inside, sensing a few glowing lights deep within. It's hard to judge anything from this far away, though. You'll have to move in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 05:38:20 pm
Quietly walk in, sword at the ready.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 05:51:19 pm
You enter, creeping into the cavern, the area pitch black as you slowly walk in, the only light visible being from the two human outlines created by your detect life spell.

You might want to create a more external light source to guide you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 05:53:40 pm
Form a magic missile in my hands, casting the light over the two humans.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 05:56:05 pm
The magic missile briefly illuminates the cavern, revealing the humans to be locked in cages. Also in the room is a table with various decorations on it, and a pale woman with stringy black hair sitting at it. She becomes startled by you, but you're more interested in how she managed to capture both Balthazar and Becky like this.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 06:08:26 pm
Start laughing uncontrollably for about ten seconds, before somehow managing to control myself, still laughing as I speak.

"Oh wow! You two didn't even last A DAY? I didn't expect much, but that's just pathetic!"

Turn to the woman.

"You've made a pretty good first impression. What happened with these two?""
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 06:12:40 pm
"I simply invited them in, and let them enjoy a pot of tea with me...perhaps you would also like to join us for some more tea?"

You sense magic in her voice and gaze, but her words hold no sway over your mind. It's obvious from the color of her light red eyes that she isn't exactly human, but something predatory in nature. Her clothes are rags, and she's quite unkempt and dirty.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 06:20:57 pm
"Charm spells don't tend to work on revenants, but I'm interested in trying tea provided you actually have any."

Sit down at the table, examining the decorations.

"So what do you generally do to the people you capture?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 06:25:04 pm
She seems surprised, but lets you take a seat.

"I...well, I simply coax them into becoming my willing servants...and then I drink their blood. Normally it doesn't happen, since nobody comes by here...it hasn't worked before...I was a lot less pleasant a few hours earlier."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 06:35:41 pm
"It seems we're quite similar, actually... I have some servants of my own, but that's because I've been playing around with necromancy. I've also had some fun with charming, and drinking blood lets me take the form of those I kill. The taste is a nice bonus. What are you, if that's not impolite to ask?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 06:38:19 pm
"I believe I'm a vampire lowlife. You're a revenant? I've never heard of one of those before...and these are your friends, I presume?" she asks, indicating your blank-faced companions imprisoned within cages.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 07:40:57 pm
"I sort of took them with me after killing their families. The girl is okay, and I've known her for longer, but the other one I don't care much for. I got myself arrested to attract somebody's attention, and these two ran off together in the meantime. I wasn't even looking for them, I just chanced across a scrap of her skirt outside when looking for a missing person who I actually would consider a friend. Speaking of which, I don't take it you heard a fireball speeding past your cave lately?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 07:42:32 pm
"I have no idea what you're talking about," she says. "I've been in this cave for quite some time, hiding. I did hear some hunters, though."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 07:49:09 pm
"They were looking for me. Dead now, so don't worry about that. You keep these two for now, I'll be heading back this way once I find Pyro, anyway. My name is Widow."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 07:53:56 pm
"Severina," she says. "I enjoyed your company." She attempts to take another sip from her teacup, but finds that it is quite empty. "Hold on for one second," she says, heading over to Balthazar's cage, giving him a nip on the neck, collecting his blood in the cup before coming back to sit down.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 04, 2012, 07:57:21 pm
"Nice to meet you. I'll see you later."

Leave, and continue tracking Pyro, smiling at how badly those two managed to redefine screwing up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 04, 2012, 08:01:44 pm
You emerge from the cave, following the trail before finding a small fortress, the front doors burned down. There are a few lookout towers, and you can see a small courtyard within, a few small buildings within its walls.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 05, 2012, 01:24:14 pm
Turn into the guard, and walk in.

"Is anybody here?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 05, 2012, 01:51:02 pm
Charred corpses litter the ground, you're guessing everyone is dead.

Nearby, inside of a collapsed building, you can see a figure hunched over.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 08, 2012, 02:10:27 pm
Unable to make out whether it's Pyro or his rival, give him a cheerful greeting that works for either.

"Good morning."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 08, 2012, 02:21:14 pm
"Morning is dead until the great conflagration that is our star chooses to rise and resurrect it."

The figure stands, its cloak black. From the mask, the face of a child's doll, smeared with ash, you can tell it is Pyro's adversary.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 08, 2012, 02:31:54 pm
"Well at least that explains why your brother took off so quickly when I was gone. Seen him?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 08, 2012, 03:29:02 pm
"I sensed him nearby...which is why I sent him this challenge. He didn't answer...I wonder why. He was always willing to fight me...but lately he's kept away...I wonder why. Then, I saw you. You wouldn't have anything to do with it, would you?" he growls.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 08, 2012, 05:31:16 pm
"The guy really doesn't like you, you know, and he really wants that mask of yours. There's not much I could do to discourage him if I wanted to. Anyway, we both want to find him, so you tell me where you sense him and I'll use some spells to help track him down."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 08, 2012, 07:15:19 pm
"I just know that he's in this forest," says Pyro's brother. "If I could tell exactly where he was, you'd have found me with him. Go ahead and use your feeble tracking magics, I'll be there when you find him." He stands up, disappearing in smoke and flames.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 11, 2012, 09:45:10 am
"Yeah, I'll go use my feeble tracking magics. I hope burning things helps you find him."

Drop my disguise, and climb to the top of the tallest lookout tower, channelling a moderate amount of magic.

"De'nix retunoss."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 11, 2012, 12:07:05 pm
You look around, noting several uninteresting splotches of life in the general area, before spotting one very fast-moving splotch just above the treeline. You're quite sure it's Pyro!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 11, 2012, 12:30:48 pm
Take out the world's worst pistol, and load it, aiming it into the air and pulling the trigger.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 11, 2012, 12:41:44 pm
You fire.

The speeding fireball spirals downward, landing in the midst of the burning wreckage.

"WIDOW!?" Pyro shouts.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 11, 2012, 04:02:18 pm
Turn off the spell, climbing down quickly.

"PYRO! GREAT TO SEE YOU AGAIN! JUST A HEAD'S UP, YOUR BROTHER'S HERE!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 11, 2012, 04:06:15 pm
You don't warn him fast enough before Pyro is smacked down by his brother, appearing out of nowhere as he rains blows upon him! Pyro goes down yelling!

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!?" screams Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 11, 2012, 04:10:34 pm
Launch a magic missile at his brother, and dodge to the side in the vain hope it stops him setting me on fire.

"I TRACKED THE SCORCH MARKS TO HERE AND IT HAD A LOOKOUT TOWER SO I WENT WITH IT!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 11, 2012, 04:13:50 pm
You hit Pyro's brother, which gets him off him and gets him to focus on crisping you until he receives a blast of fire from behind! He's confused as to who he should focus on!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 11, 2012, 04:17:28 pm
Load one more shot into my gun, and hold the bag of the remaining powder into my hand. Wait until he next catches fire, and throw it at him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 11, 2012, 04:22:27 pm
He goes up in flames, crying in pain and rage. It's actually quite delightful to hear, especially from him!

However, the screams fade, and when the flames die down it's clear that he's made a tactical retreat. You can't find him anywhere in the area.

"He fled again!" says Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 17, 2012, 07:30:17 pm
"That was pretty fun. I need to buy more gunpowder, maybe try some other stuff, too."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 17, 2012, 07:35:04 pm
Pyro sighs. "Today was...different, I'd say. Anything that you absolutely have to tell me?" He sits down in a pile of rubble.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 17, 2012, 08:10:14 pm
"Earlier I panicked because I found myself out of mana for the first time, and decided I'd go to prison to give myself a break to get it back, since I knew that once we started running I wouldn't get to rest for a while. I met Sir Anton, the Royal Enforcer, who happens to be one of my killers. He wittered on for about twenty minutes about how easy I was to track and how he was in a class of his own and whatnot, ignoring the fact that his bodyguard was twice his height. He challenged me to a duel, and I picked the middle of the night as the time for it. He then proceeded to remind me how much of a pig he is before leaving. I got taken outside at the requested time, but when I removed the bag, the coward as nowhere to be seen and I was surrounded by twenty-five smiling guards, unarmed. They didn't account for the whole werewolf thing, and I tore a good amount of them to shreds, after which they taunted me about how tired I looked, and how badly I was bleeding. I simply turned back to normal, helped myself to their fallen comrades' weapons and watched as the survivors' smiles stopped. When there were around a dozen left, they finally realised how it was going to end, and ran at a rather impressive speed. One didn't, and I made fun of him while slapping him around a little, which he thought little of until I pointed out that I wasn't hurting him much to preserve his body, at which point he freaked out until I cut his throat. I stole his skin and got into the city after having to attack the gate guards anyway, since asked for a password. I got to the prison pretty easily, killed the guard there, got my stuff back, and went back for my new zombie. I used a detect life spell to track the others in the forest, noticing that you and the two children weren't there. After killing the hunters that were looking for the others, I went off to look for you. I happened to find the children on the way here, and I'll show you where they are on the way back, rather than tell you, since I found it pretty funny. I tracked the scorch marks on the trees to here, and got annoyed when I found whatever-his-name-is, but decided I'd make use of the lookout tower while I was here, since he told me you were in the general area. Anyway, we need to go meet up with the others again, and start moving on towards the capital. The towns on the way will be warned about me, so this should be a lot more fun."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 17, 2012, 08:44:26 pm
"Some day...well, let's get moving, then. Show me where you found those two." Pyro gets up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 18, 2012, 12:41:52 pm
"I didn't expect them to get far, but it's pretty ridiculous."

Take Pyro back to the cave, and walk inside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 18, 2012, 01:03:42 pm
Pyro holds a flame in his hand as you enter, keeping the area lit. You find the vampiress still enjoying tea, Balthazar and Becky sitting beside her.

"Ah, did you return? It seems you found whoever you were looking for...that's good," she says.
"Ah, and who might you be?" asks Pyro, looking at her two servants curiously.
"My name is Severina," she says, "and I do not wish to stay in this cave any longer. I would like to travel with you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 18, 2012, 08:45:42 pm
"That would be delightful! I was going to ask you, since you're more interesting than most of the others, but is sunlight a problem?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 18, 2012, 08:53:42 pm
She stops smiling.

"Sunlight makes me...uncomfortable. I can manage, but I can't effectively utilize any of my special talents in the beam of that stupid ball of fire."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 18, 2012, 09:02:03 pm
"We'll be travelling by day, mostly, since the others sleep at night, but I have most of my fun at dusk, anyway, so you're free to join me. Do you ever need to sleep?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 18, 2012, 09:06:04 pm
"Sleep? Sleep's just one of those things that I stopped doing. We can be sisters of the night...I find that idea fun!" she giggles.

"Are those two going to remain doormats, or can you just release them?" asks Pyro, pointing to Balthazar and Becky.

"Well, I hardly have any use for them. I've already had my fill of their lifeblood..." Severina seems to be considering just letting them go already.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 18, 2012, 09:13:37 pm
"I like them better this way, but it'll be funny if they realise where they are."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 18, 2012, 09:17:02 pm
Severina waves her hand, and suddenly their trances break. They look around, startled. "Holy shit...what happened!? Where are we!?" shouts Balthazar.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 19, 2012, 07:54:48 pm
"You barely lasted an hour by yourselves before being captured by a very polite vampire. How did you even manage that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 19, 2012, 07:58:11 pm
"...We were running, I guess. This cave looked safe," says Becky.

"What? Vampire? I...I appear to have neck wounds..." Balthazar wipes the blood off of his neck, inspecting it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 19, 2012, 08:06:53 pm
"Yeah, you've been feeding Severina here for the past day or so. Is vampirism infectious? Please tell me it's infectious."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 19, 2012, 08:14:29 pm
"I'm not quite sure how it works," says Severina, "normally I just feed on people and they don't become vampires, but I think I was infected through a bite...it must be a rare occurrence."

"OH GOD, I'M ITCHY, I THINK I'M A VAMPIRE," says Becky, panicking.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 19, 2012, 08:34:17 pm
"If only... Now, do you need to pack anything, or should we go?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 19, 2012, 08:39:59 pm
"I'm fine...let's leave this place," says Severina, walking out of the cavern. Balthazar holds Becky's hand, the two looking paranoid.

"...They were more interesting when they were your servants," says Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 19, 2012, 08:52:31 pm
"Well, if they did get infected... Severina, how're you coping with the light?"

Start heading back to the camp.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 19, 2012, 08:55:24 pm
"What do you mean the light?" asks Severina, looking at the sky. "It's still dark out here."

You reach the camp, Kilroy and Rekchev waiting around. Rekchev looks up. "Well...I don't remember us having this many people. Who is this that you've brought with you, another zombie?"

"I have a name!" says Severina, insulted.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 19, 2012, 09:02:02 pm
"Her name is Severina, and she was babysitting those two. Pack everything up and let's get moving. You've been in one spot too long."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 19, 2012, 09:10:38 pm
"Okay, alright. Let's get moving, then!" Kilroy picks up all the bags, starting to walk. Rekchev follows, along with Severina and the others, your zombie thralls standing by you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 12:55:06 pm
Begin to leave, counting my zombies.

"Oh, and Kilroy, tell me what the Royal Enforcer does."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 01:06:13 pm
You have two. Two zombies.

"Royal Enforcer?" asks Kilroy. "Well, I think he's an authority in the royal guard force, and it's his job to deal with and coordinate efforts to catch high-profile criminals and such."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 01:13:20 pm
Tell him, briefly, as a blunt statement of fact, before sinking into deep thought.

"He's next."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 01:59:38 pm
"...That won't be easy."

You sink into ponderous reflection, and before long you feel a head rush...

That quiet child...and the adviser that speaks for him...you've seen them before, in your past life. The elder goes on, about how radical you are...you go on about how you are the...you're...you're not sure what you said.

Either way...Anton is in the back of this memory, behind them..
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 02:04:58 pm
Talk audibly to myself, trying to think more.

"...What kind of child has an adviser speaking for him... And why is Anton there..?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 02:12:46 pm
You're uncertain about any of these memories, but you now see yourself preparing a magic ritual of sorts...you draw runes, and spread ingredients...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 02:49:55 pm
Focus on nothing else but remembering the ritual, paying close attention to the runes and the ingredients used.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 03:18:50 pm
Ashes, cornmeal, tree roots...you can tell you're preparing a ritual for a spell of swiftness.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 03:39:00 pm
"What did I need that for..?"

Find a nearby tree with part of a root above ground, and rip it out.

"Pyro, get me some ashes. I'll also need some cornmeal, if anyone knows where to find any nearby."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 04:17:11 pm
"We bought some cornmeal back in town," says Rekchev, while Pyro partakes in dumping piles of ash out of his pocket.

"A magic spell?" asks Kilroy. "What's this one for, then?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 04:25:08 pm
Take the ash, and find some cornmeal.

"You lot go on without me, I'll catch up."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 04:28:44 pm
"Can I watch?" asks Severina, still standing around while everybody else has started down the road.

You take the ash, Rekchev having handed you the cornmeal. Your tree root is also on hand.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 04:33:59 pm
"...I think... I think I remember doing this when I was alive. Maybe I can help jog my memory."

Find a more secluded spot, and get to work on preparing the ritual.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 04:39:01 pm
You go into the brush along the side of the road, sitting down on the forest floor, and drawing the rune. You place the cornmeal and tree root into it, inciting power using the magic language. You barely notice Severina watching you as you continue, the rune beginning to glow before disappearing in a puff of smoke, a surge of mana running through you.

You look around, noticing Severina still looking at the rune spot as you get up. You feel that your speed has been augmented, somewhat. Everything moves much slower.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 04:41:39 pm
Take Severina by the hand, and start to walk at a moderate pace back towards the group, paying careful attention to how I feel under this spell, and trying to remember any time I've felt similar.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 04:49:32 pm
She seems startled as you grip her. You begin walking, but Severina seems to be practically sprinting in order to keep up. You get back to the group in no time, everybody else talking and moving in slow motion as you pull up. You feel both energetic and alert and the same time as you walk, remembering when you last used this spell...

You ran out, past everybody, without notice, covering yourself with the very cloak you wear now. You get into a carriage, quite nondescript. You start riding off, wary...wary of your killers, wary of everyone that wanted you...well, they wanted you out of something.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 04:50:46 pm
Let go of Severina, and start sprinting ahead.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 04:55:40 pm
You begin sprinting.

The group gasps as you pass by, but their reactions are slow. You run past many trees, running across a bridge, into the forest, past a small group of sprinting deer, so fast, so quick. You're not sure when this ends, but you don't want it to anytime soon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 04:58:19 pm
Keep running, enjoying the thrill until it stops, then look around to see where I am.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 05:02:27 pm
You run for a few minutes, happy, excited, but eventually reality catches up with you, and you're moving at normal speeds.

You're also exhausted of mana again, that spell took a lot.

You've made it out of the forest, into some kind of meadow clearing. It's quite beautiful out here, underneath the moon and stars...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 05:04:54 pm
Sit down at a tree, and relax, looking into the sky. Think about the first man I ate, trying to remember why he was wearing my cloak.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 05:07:43 pm
Man? You're quite sure there wasn't anybody in the fields with you, and certainly no one in those fields was wearing your cloak, even if there was someone, which there wasn't. This has been and always will be an absolute fact, you're sure of it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 05:10:04 pm
Slap my head a little in case there are any maggots making me remember things that obviously didn't happen, and close my eyes for a while.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 05:23:02 pm
You close your eyes.

You sense someone approaching. A bunch of someones. Heavy footsteps tell you that they aren't your party. They're most likely a hunting party.

"It's...her, right?"
"Yeah...what's she doing sleeping out here?"
You hear pistols being loaded.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 20, 2012, 05:28:22 pm
Suddenly roll forward, to my feet, drawing my sword and slashing the nearest hunters.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 20, 2012, 05:30:20 pm
You roll forward, slashing the knees of two men, causing the rest to scatter, not having loaded their pistols yet! You've got about five guys to abuse...you could always use more zombie thralls, or meals...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 04:22:44 pm
"De'nix retunoss!"

Run for the closest hunter, and briefly, but savagely slash his legs, before running after the next one, and repeating. If I immobilise all of them, drag all of them back to where I was resting.

"Alright, so you've spoiled my peace and quiet. If that's all you intended to do, good job."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 04:36:39 pm
What a joke of a party. They all writhe on the ground, screaming as you drag them back to your resting spot. They're at your mercy, not that you had any.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 04:39:16 pm
Turn off my spell, and observe them, smiling.

"Well, you probably saw this part coming, so you may as well just get it over with. Who wants to go first?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 04:51:11 pm
A man grabs a pistol from his pocket, prepping it.

How nice, a volunteer.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 04:53:02 pm
"That's the spirit!"

Dart over, and grab his pistol hand, pulling him to his feet before chopping half the arm off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 05:09:02 pm
You pull him up, the pistol going off in his hand before his entire arm gets chopped off, blood flowing out, splattering a few of the others, causing then to scream as well! Soon they're all screaming! It's delightful!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 05:26:06 pm
Lift him up by his other arm, and tear his jaw off, savagely biting into the rest of his face.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 05:36:01 pm
You've soon got a fistful of his jaw and a mouthful of his face. It's awfully hard for him to protest now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 05:47:17 pm
Throw him to the ground, and slash his body to ribbons, throwing his jaw aside.

"Alright, I'll give you guys a choice. Two of you die horribly, and two of you die less horribly but get brought back as my minions."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 05:55:03 pm
One man pulls out his knife, stabbing himself in the throat! The nerve! He can't just take his own life! Not when you're here!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 06:11:48 pm
"That's just rude! Well, that's one minion, then!"

Grab one of the three left, and slit his stomach open. Pull out his intestines like a magician pulling coloured tissues out of his sleeves, and try to get it all down his throat.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 06:27:48 pm
You listen to him gurgling, taking its halting as a sign that he's dead. The other two start crawling away as fast as they can while you're preoccupied, but they don't get far.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 06:36:40 pm
Lift them both up by their collars.

"I'm in a good mood. Give me a good reason not to kill you, and I might let you go."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 06:39:20 pm
One shaky raises his hand.

"We know what you're after...we can tell you where he is..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 07:49:40 pm
Drop them, suddenly speaking in a serious tone.

"I just wanted to hear you beg and then kill you anyway, but it seems you're actually smarter than I thought. Where is he?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 07:59:46 pm
"He was heading off...to the capitol city...Deisen..." he gasps.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 08:00:39 pm
"I already knew that. Anything useful? Does he use magic or something?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 08:10:51 pm
"We're talking about Anton, right?" asks the other guy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 09:11:49 pm
"Tell me about him. He obviously doesn't care much for your lives, so you shouldn't care for his."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 09:17:45 pm
"I don't know everything about the guy, I just work to protect the city! It's my job!" he says.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 24, 2012, 09:25:05 pm
Kick him in the gut.

"Did I say to tell me everything about him? Tell me what you know."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 24, 2012, 09:32:56 pm
"He came through town and warned us about you! We were sent out with knowledge of your wicked abilities...he was going up...I've never met the guy before! That's all I know!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 11:35:09 am
"Well, that's too bad, but at least you tried."

Dig my fingers into one man's chest, and wrench his ribs so that they point outwards, exposing his internal organs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 11:47:41 am
He kicks and screams, but you've succeeded in preparing an amateur autopsy, to the chagrin of both the man and the other man watching this.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 11:49:47 am
Hold him down, and stick my head into his chest cavity, gorging myself on his innards.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 11:57:08 am
You tear him up, the other man screaming incessantly as you cover your face in chunks of intestine and your front in splotches of red. The man twitches as you finish up, clearly ravaged to death.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 12:23:39 pm
Stand up, and look at his body, smiling, while addressing the other.

"What was going through your head when you looked for me? Did you think you would kill me, and be a hero, against all odds?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 12:27:23 pm
"I just wanted to keep my family safe..." he puts his head down.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 12:36:57 pm
"Well, guess what? I was probably never going to meet your family, but now you're never going to see them again!"

Confiscate any weapons he has on him, and move to a tree, finding a sturdy stick with a dull point, and throwing it to him.

"I'm waiting."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 12:38:34 pm
"...What do you want me to do with this?" he asks, the look of despair in his eyes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 12:51:58 pm
Look at him, his only answer being my smile from ear to ear.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 12:54:32 pm
"Please...no! Show mercy on me! I was only doing my job!" The look of sadness on his face is priceless.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 01:01:16 pm
Start laughing.

"I'm showing mercy on you by letting you do it yourself! Do you know how many people would have loved to be able to do the same? I could always turn you into stone and bury you, like that other guy! Do you have a brain? Do you have to obey every instruction your employer gives you? Are you as mindless as the people I've reanimated?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 02:07:04 pm
He looks at the stick, unable to cope with your cruel joke. He's just staring at it, seeming to contemplate ramming it through his throat, but he's ultimately unable to muster the courage to drive it through himself. He just lies on the ground his hand covering his eyes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 03:03:56 pm
"Why're you suddenly such a coward! You knew what I could do, but went looking for me in the woods without even readying your pistols! Now you won't even kill yourself to avoid torture?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 03:08:53 pm
"I...I..."

He looks dumbfounded for several seconds before throwing himself onto the dull stick, coughing wildly as it cuts into his throat. He falls over, a messy wound inflicted upon himself. He sets himself up again, coughing all the while, despaired, and throws himself onto the stick a second time, this time succeeding in ending his life.

Your party emerges from the forest. Pyro approaches you. "What was that all about? AND WHO DID YOU MEET?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 03:17:32 pm
"I remembered making a swiftness spell when I was alive, so I tried it again. I rested here afterwards and these hunters showed up to help me pass the time. This guy was fun, I gave him a stick to kill himself with, and he totally did it."

Reanimate the man who killed himself with as much magic as Stan and the guard, and try to find enough magic spare to reanimate the man with the empty chest cavity.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 03:19:44 pm
You're pretty much drained of mana at this point, the spell of swiftness took a huge amount out of you, and you rely on the staff alone in order to reanimate your two new minions.

They stand, silently, the remains of the organs in the mutilated man's chest cavity slopping out onto the ground.

You can hear Severina sloppily gorging herself on the blood of the others.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 03:24:38 pm
Talk to the man who killed himself.

"So, what's your name?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 03:29:48 pm
"...Grooouuugggghhhh..."

He's moaning...your staff shorted out on you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 03:32:55 pm
Scream in frustrations, and find the body of the man who killed himself with the knife. Take the knife, and use it to slash his body open, throwing his entrails over the nearest tree.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 03:43:19 pm
You succeed in doing this, at least. You should make a note that relying entirely on the staff probably isn't the best way to handle these conversions. You're going to have to recharge it with the stolen mana of your victims, you guess.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 03:50:55 pm
Try to remember how to recharge it, and do so, if possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 03:53:40 pm
You remember that all it takes to recharge it is to kill somebody, then it should collect their untapped mana. You're going to have to wait on that.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 04:09:18 pm
Briefly contemplate killing Balthazar for it, but decide messing with him is more fun in the long run.

"Anton's still heading for the capital. How far off is it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 04:18:18 pm
"Roughly...well, on foot? No idea, maybe a week away," says Pyro.

"Aye, it's a good estimate," says Kilroy. "However, there are several notable towns along the way."

"Plus, there are a few things bound to be off the beaten path," says Severina. "There are some truly weird things lying out of civilization's reach."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 04:33:35 pm
"How far until the next town?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 04:36:59 pm
"It shouldn't take too long, perhaps two days," says Rekchev. "I know these roads."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 04:48:15 pm
"Good. I want to see what they're like when they know I'm coming."

Continue walking silently.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 04:56:17 pm
You walk along, your crew walking along with you. You see a stationary carriage a ways down the road, stocked with two horses...you think there's somebody inside of it. On the side you observe that there's a logo...it's part of the Whitewater River Carriage Service.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 05:09:03 pm
"Just what we needed. I'll be right back."

Quickly approach the carriage, and get inside, drawing my sword.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 05:14:16 pm
You draw your sword, approaching the carriage. As you look inside, you note that there isn't actually anybody inside of it, to your disappointment. You could have sworn there was, but you guess that instinct must have been wrong.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 05:16:49 pm
Suddenly get paranoid.

"De'nix retunoss."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 05:21:18 pm
Your mana's drained, unfortunately you can't do that right now. Really, the situation seems way too convenient the more you think about it. What if they aren't even hiding in the carriage? What if they're counting on you taking it?
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 05:31:11 pm
Look under the carriage, and search the whole thing for anything suspicious.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 05:40:27 pm
You look under the carriage, finding nothing. You open the doors, looking inside, finding nothing. You can't find anything in or around the carriage...so why are you so on edge about this?
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 05:44:27 pm
Wait for the others to catch up.

"...Does... anybody sense anything wrong about this... Rekchev, do you smell anything?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 05:55:29 pm
Rekchev sniffs the air.

"I don't smell anything. But something seems wrong about this carriage..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 06:36:14 pm
"I could have sworn there was somebody inside, but when I looked, it was empty."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 06:55:25 pm
"...Maybe we should just leave it alone...I don't feel safe using it," says Becky.

"I don't see what the big deal is. It's a carriage," says Severina.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 07:21:54 pm
"...If we don't take it I'm going to be constantly wondering what would have happened. Get in."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 07:24:54 pm
Everybody, save for Becky, gets in, slowly.

"...I don't like this carriage. There's something wrong with it!" she says. "I don't want to get in!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 07:36:25 pm
"I know that, but unless you can tell me what's wrong with it, stop crying and get in."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 07:39:34 pm
"It just...something about it's wrong!"

"I'm still itchy!" says Balthazar. "I think I might be a vampire now!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 07:48:11 pm
"You two are very close to spending the rest of this journey as statues. Becky, get in. Balthazar, you're not a vampire, shut up."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 07:53:03 pm
"Let's not rule out the possibility," says Severina.

Becky slowly climbs in, and as you shut the doors Pyro directs the horses forward. You ride for a while, but then the wagon suddenly shakes, stopping.

"We broke a wheel!" says Pyro. "It looks like it just...shattered to pieces! Huh! How about that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 08:04:36 pm
"...Uh... okay..."

Get out, figuring that that's what whoever set this up is expecting me to do.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 08:08:56 pm
You open the door to get out, but you trip over the step, and go tumbling onto the road with a hard impact!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 08:11:44 pm
Quickly get up, trying to stay calm.

"You're a ghost or something, aren't you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 08:13:49 pm
"No, I'm a demon!" says Pyro.

"I think this wagon might be cursed," says Rekchev.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 08:18:08 pm
"That doesn't make any sense. Why would you curse a wagon?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 08:20:38 pm
"Because you wouldn't expect it!" says Kilroy.

"Well, let's just hope that nothing TOO bad happens," says Pyro, getting back on.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 08:24:49 pm
"Isn't driving with a missing wheel kind of asking for it?"

Slowly and carefully get back on.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 08:28:00 pm
You slowly get back on, only for the foothold to break, sending you falling back down! Except this time you roll down the side of the hill next to the road! You get scraped and cut by bushes and various grasses on your way down, landing in a pond!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 08:36:54 pm
Scream with rage and run back up the hill, practically diving back into the carriage, not willing to be defeated by a piece of wood.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 08:38:26 pm
You dive back into the carriage, but this causes you to go flying through the open door, slide across the floor, and crashing out the other side!

THIS IS NOT FUNNY.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 08:50:33 pm
"PYRO! FIRE! NOW! I DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF THE OTHERS GET OUT IN TIME!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 08:56:38 pm
Upon hearing that, everybody else scrambles out as Pyro torches the carriage. You can practically feel the curse mana escaping from it as it goes up in flames.

Luckily, your crew was smart enough to save the horses.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 09:00:29 pm
Check my backpack to make sure my baby is okay.

"Well that was pointless."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 09:02:04 pm
You had left your backpack with Rekchev, so your baby is definitely okay. You check up on it, and find that it's sleeping happily.

"Well, at least we have these two horses now," says Kilroy.

...You're unsure about the horses.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 09:07:19 pm
"Becky, Balthazar. You're the slowest, so get on the horses."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 09:12:13 pm
"Well, alright, feet were tired anyway!" says Balthazar. He and Becky get on the horses, and you start walking along.

"Who even sets out a cursed wagon like that?" asks Severina. "It's not like anybody attacked us after we got in."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 09:15:57 pm
"I'm not sure, and I'm getting very paranoid thinking about it. I bet the horses will suddenly start acting cursed if I sit on them."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 09:19:10 pm
"Well, should we test that theory now before it might become a problem later?" asks Pyro.

The horses are acting just fine for the two kids, but they're probably just doing that to annoy you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 09:22:15 pm
"I've managed perfectly fine without a horse so far."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 09:29:43 pm
Severina nods, and everybody keeps walking.

You walk on for some ways, but eventually it becomes clear that your crew isn't going to be able to fare for much longer. "I'm...just gonna close my eyes for a...few moments..." Balthazar slumps over.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 09:36:40 pm
Sigh, mumbling angrily.

"Set up camp soon, I guess."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 09:48:24 pm
Everybody gladly unloads their bags, soon getting a campsite set up, with tents, a small fire, and bedding for everyone. You don't have to sleep, of course, but it's your choice between spending time with Pyro and Severina tonight.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 25, 2012, 09:54:34 pm
Decide I can hang out with Severina after Pyro goes to sleep, and go talk to him.

"What's the other guy's name, anyway?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 25, 2012, 09:59:22 pm
"My brother...his name is Cinder. What you've seen between us so far? That's nothing. We're capable of much more if nobody gets in the way. We've devastated farmlands, villages, even a city or two. Thing is, this has been going on for far longer than you've been alive or dead."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 03:08:13 pm
"And you're not common knowledge by now? You're barely subtle."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 03:50:29 pm
"Unsubtle, yes, but we hardly leave any witnesses when it gets that serious."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 04:00:45 pm
"Did most of this happen before they started using stone in most buildings?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 04:23:11 pm
"Some of it," says Pyro, "but not a notable majority. Although the last time it happened was in the wilderness, about three years ago."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 04:50:03 pm
"...What year is it, anyway?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 05:01:40 pm
"I...honestly couldn't tell you. I don't follow those kinds of things," he says.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 05:26:52 pm
"...What's the name of the world? What country are we in? There're so many basic things I don't know..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 05:32:38 pm
This world? We call it Formina. The country we're in right now is Publia. That's for starters. Of course, I know much more about worlds other than this one."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 05:58:19 pm
Hesitate for a moment.

"What usually happens to people when they die?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 06:03:28 pm
"Normally they would go to the plane of Azoth, where their souls would await reincarnation."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 06:48:03 pm
"Kilroy said a god took interest in me. When I'm done, will I go to the same place as everyone else?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 06:53:22 pm
"I really wouldn't know, it would depend on what god it is, and what their opinion of you happens to be. Considering your mindset upon...reanimation, I'd have to say, it probably isn't one of the gods on the order side of the grid, and I doubt it would be on the good side of the grid either."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 06:58:35 pm
"Is there a god of death, or a god of vengeance, or anything else that seems likely?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 07:03:39 pm
"There are more than just one of any type of god like that. In fact, there are five gods of death, and two gods of vengeance. However, I think whichever one that revived you would have at least made your new self favor them somewhat," says Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 07:08:44 pm
"I've never heard of any gods. What does that suggest?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 07:10:25 pm
"Never heard of any, then? Hmm...I doubt you just came back by yourself since you really wanted to, I mean, that just doesn't happen!" Pyro doesn't seem to know what this means.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 07:15:57 pm
"...Are there any spells one can prepare in advance to affect them after death? I've remembered I was a fairly decent mage..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 07:20:56 pm
"Well, I wouldn't imagine that you were a master necromancer, or else you would be a lich right now. It's an impossibility, anyway, since you would have had to become one before you got murdered bloodily. Besides, if any decent mage could pull this off, they'd all be doing it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 26, 2012, 07:31:37 pm
"What if the amount of hatred I feel for them has nothing to do with magic?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 26, 2012, 07:37:30 pm
"I can't imagine what that would mean. You're quite clearly undead, and revenants feel a deeply-seated hatred for their killers. What do you think it would mean?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 11:59:59 am
"I don't know, I'm just throwing ideas around here. What if I did something, and my hatred somehow made it more powerful?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 12:53:33 pm
"Your guess is as good as mine by this point," says Pyro. "But why the why? Why don't we focus on the what? Like what we're certain of."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 01:13:15 pm
"We're certain that I'm a revenant, and that's pretty much it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 01:59:53 pm
"Aren't we also certain that those men you remember killed you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 05:03:57 pm
"We're also certain that they're going to die horribly."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 05:10:02 pm
"That will have to wait until we get to the right place. Until then..." Pyro yawns, falling back on his bed. "Goodnight."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 05:42:31 pm
"Goodnight, Pyro."

Get up, and go find Severina.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 06:10:13 pm
Severina is sitting outside, away from the fire. She watches you as you walk up.

"What shall we do tonight?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 06:54:48 pm
"Usually I terrorise the nearest settlement, but we seem to be in the middle of nowhere. Let's go for a walk and see if we find anything interesting."

Head off in a random direction.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 07:01:48 pm
You head off into a grove of trees down the hill next to the road, walking for a ways before finding that there's a decrepit shack inside of the grove, overgrown with vegetation.

"I don't sense anything alive in there," says Severina.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 07:03:37 pm
Slash through the vegetation, and investigate.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 07:08:10 pm
The door seems stuck fast, it's made of rotting, yet still sturdy, wood. There are a few tiny windows that are covered in dirt, and the roof is made out of thatch. You look around the side, noticing that there's a fence surrounding an area behind it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 07:12:58 pm
Climb the fence, looking at the other side before climbing over.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 07:15:46 pm
You see a robed figure, hunched over a patch of mushrooms, seeming to be tending to some sort of gardening, with an old hoe.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 07:23:11 pm
Climb all the way over, remembering what Severina said.

"Good evening."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 07:29:05 pm
The figure turns to you. "Wha? WHO ARE YOU!?" it screeches, in an old man's voice. It wields its hoe fiercely.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 07:35:13 pm
"My name is Widow. I'm not here to attack you. You're not exactly human, are you? Who are you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 07:37:59 pm
"Get out of my garden, wench!" it yells as it shakes its hoe at you. "You do not understand the intricacies of the crops which I tend to! You do not understand their uses, or their value to experienced alchemists! Step out of my garden before you kill something!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 07:47:50 pm
Keep calm, deciding that the old man may be more powerful than he looks.

"So you're an alchemist, then? That sounds like it might actually be interesting."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 07:52:11 pm
You're still on the fence about whether or not it's human.

"YES! IT IS! But only when you live long enough to avoid melting your face off! Now, clear out of here before you step on something and mess up my harvest!" he says, turning back to his mushrooms.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 07:55:12 pm
"Do you ever make poison?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 07:59:48 pm
"OF COURSE I DO! What, do you think I'm some kind of jolly wizard that makes candy out of sunshine and rainbows or something? I've made poisons that have killed monsters! Eaten away at the flesh of dukes! Shriveled the bodies of counts! I've made many things...BUT CAN YOU WAIT FOR ME TO FINISH BEFORE ASKING ANYTHING ELSE!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 08:05:10 pm
Smile widely.

"I've got all night. Work away."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 08:09:05 pm
The alchemist harvests for the next half hour, setting his mushrooms, vegetable stalks, and unfamiliar fruits in different sacks around his waist. It enters through the backdoor of its house, not acknowledging you, save for leaving the door open.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 08:16:32 pm
Follow him in, and close the door behind me, seeing if he's about to do something else before speaking again.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 08:21:25 pm
He sets his hoe down before sitting down in a chair. Now that you get a better look at him, it's clear that he's a venerable Muridaean. He sniffs about a bit before speaking.

"Did you come here for my services, or are you looking for an apprenticeship? I can tell you now, you're not getting that apprenticeship."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 27, 2012, 08:24:49 pm
"I'm a revenant wandering around the woods at night, who happened to stumble upon your home. I am interested in poison, though..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 27, 2012, 08:31:47 pm
"Bah. Everyone who knows about me is. They're interested in everything I make! But half of these idiots come to me just expecting me to churn out something like a potion of strength or invisibility or something, FOR ABSOLUTELY FREE! They don't understand that this isn't just a hobby of mine. In fact, I think they're a bunch of freeloaders! Are you a freeloader, then?" he asks, hissing slightly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 28, 2012, 04:55:49 pm
"Well, I don't use money because I can't remember how much any of it is worth. What if I was to do something for you in return?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 28, 2012, 06:09:36 pm
"Fie! Even if you were experienced enough to accomplish something for me, you couldn't possibly expect any of my trivial matters to be worth something few other alchemists have ever managed to make! You don't look so tough!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 28, 2012, 06:58:16 pm
"I'll refrain from bragging and let the results speak for themselves. How about this? I'll do something you want done, preferably involving killing something, and you teach me the basics of making poison so that I can figure out the rest by trial and error."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 28, 2012, 07:02:20 pm
"...Alright...I've got something that needs killing...something large, in fact. That should suit your style..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 28, 2012, 07:14:14 pm
"Tell me what it is and where to find it, and it's dead."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 28, 2012, 07:21:57 pm
The old rat sighs. "In the cave just south of here. There's a nasty beast, people call it a 'flogknocker,' but I just call it AN INGREDIENT-DESTROYING MONSTER! Go down there, kill it, and bring me its body so I can delight in harvesting its organs! Just return in a timely manner, I wouldn't want to be left in suspense should you die." He says the last part with sarcasm.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 28, 2012, 07:24:52 pm
Start to leave, asking as I go.

"Which way's South?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 28, 2012, 07:27:13 pm
"This way," says Severina, heading around the garden side of the house.

You walk along the path, Severina seeming puzzled. "What's a flogknocker even look like?" she asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 28, 2012, 07:31:05 pm
Start walking there.

"We're about to find out, aren't we? Can you fight, Severina?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 28, 2012, 07:38:06 pm
"Fight? I'm much more familiar with charm. However, I do feel like quite a savage when I'm in a certain mood. I'm still figuring out my own strength and speed."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 29, 2012, 03:48:15 pm
"You might need to figure it out soon. I'm under no illusion that this is going to be easy, if even possible."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 29, 2012, 03:52:12 pm
"Well, can I have something to work with besides my fists?" she asks, as you step up to the cave. "I don't feel confident just going in like this."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 29, 2012, 03:54:32 pm
Hand her my best dagger.

"Here. De'nix retunoss."

Sneak into the cave.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 29, 2012, 04:02:08 pm
She takes it from you, and enters alongside you.

You immediately sense something large in the back of the cave upon casting your spell, but the shimmering life doesn't strictly define the creature's shape. It's definitely awake, though, as you hear a deep growling.

"It's so big...those teeth will tear us to shreds! Um...Widow? Maybe we should come back with better equipment for this..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 29, 2012, 04:09:05 pm
"Better idea."

Take out one of the bone throwing-weapons I made from Becky's fiancée and never bothered using, and throw it at the monster, sprinting out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 29, 2012, 04:13:36 pm
You're not sure if it hit, but the monster roars and charges forward as you exit the cave! You catch a glimpse of a mouth full of teeth, red eyes, and mace-like appendages as the beast comes out, covered in black fur.

"OH GOD, KILL IT, KILL IT!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 29, 2012, 04:26:19 pm
Climb a tree, and throw another at it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 29, 2012, 04:29:58 pm
You throw another of the spikes at the flogknocker, but it simply butts its head into the tree, causing you to lose your balance and fall onto its back!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 29, 2012, 04:35:12 pm
Quickly get a good position on it, having intended to jump onto its back in the first place. Draw a dagger, and go for the eyes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 29, 2012, 04:47:27 pm
You jab the dagger downwards, hitting it in its right eye! It bucks, smashing you off with one of its spiked appendages, the impact causing you to roll across the ground! You slowly begin to get up, but you see the beast charging straight at you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 29, 2012, 04:48:32 pm
Roll towards my left so that I'm on its right side.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 29, 2012, 04:54:13 pm
You reposition yourself, and the beast quickly tries to adjust its course, sliding to the side as its feet move to correct its direction! Its left flank is exposed!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 29, 2012, 05:13:40 pm
Dart forward with my sword, and shove it all the way into its left side, leaving it there to save time. Roll under it, and try to jump onto its back from the other side.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 29, 2012, 05:20:59 pm
The beast roars as its hide is pierced, one heavy appendage slamming the ground near you as you roll underneath! You come out on the other side, just as its other appendage comes down at you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 10:35:24 am
Dodge to the side, and quickly climb onto the beast when its appendage hits the ground, trying to stab its other eye.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 11:17:54 am
You miss the eye as it bucks around, cutting its face lightly before getting knocked off! Severina slides underneath the beast, clawing at its underside!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 11:29:20 am
Scramble to my feet, and grab my sword, twisting it as I pull it out, and roll away again.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 11:44:50 am
You cause the beast to roar, and you soon find yourself underneath its heavy foot, as it stamps on you! You're momentarily stunned as you see an appendage coming down!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 11:56:20 am
Free my sword, and slash at the appendage.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 12:08:13 pm
Your sword clashes with the hard, mace-like ball at the end of the appendage, stopping it before it comes down on you! You slash again, at the stalk of it, severing the ball! The beast roars, as Severina somehow flips it on its side!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 12:09:28 pm
Quickly throw myself onto it, stabbing viscously into its chest.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 12:15:11 pm
The beast squeals several times as you repeatedly cut into its chest, hitting organs, breaking bones. The beast can no longer do anything but writhe around pitifully...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 12:31:37 pm
Decide to preserve as much of its body as possible for the alchemist, and start dragging it off, letting it bleed to death.

"Nicely done, Severina."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 12:40:11 pm
"Wha-what did I do?" she asks, dazed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 12:43:05 pm
"You somehow flipped it. How'd you manage that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 12:46:51 pm
"Oh...that's...great, I guess. I didn't know what was going on..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 12:52:57 pm
"You alright? You look confused."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 12:55:32 pm
Severina waves her hand in front of her face. "I just kind of...don't remember fighting this thing. It's just a blur of...red, and anger...and then I woke up after it was over..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 12:59:31 pm
"Well I know I couldn't have got it on its side, so you should be proud of that."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 01:02:50 pm
"...Yeah, sure."

You make it back to the hut, dragging the large body of the flogknocker all the way to the door. You knock, and the old rat comes out.

"This is...no, it can't be! What? You killed it? And brought it back here? Inconceivable! Get in here!" He waves you in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 01:18:59 pm
Leave the flogknocker, and walk in, holding the door open for Severina.

"I partially blinded it and gave it some nice wounds, but Severina somehow managed to flip it over and leave its underside exposed. I probably damaged a few organs, but I hope you don't mind."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 01:22:58 pm
"You would have had to if your goal was to kill it," says the old rat. "Now...what was that arrangement, again?" he asks, sitting down in his chair.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 01:29:50 pm
"You'd teach me enough about poison-making so that I could start figuring things out on my own. I'm probably immune to poison, so I'm not too worried about experimenting."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 01:34:13 pm
"Well...if that's the case, then alright. Follow me." The old rat slowly gets up, heading towards a room in the back of his hut. Inside are a few tables covered in books, ingredients, and equipment. There are several cauldrons in here, a few filled with rancid-smelling liquid.

"Here, hold this," says the rat, handing you a stirring rod.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 01:35:06 pm
Hold the rod, and pay attention.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 01:42:12 pm
"A good secret to making poison is remembering that anything in a large enough quantity can kill you...there are just some things that you have to use less of to kill somebody. There are many common plants that are quite poisonous, such as nightshade." He takes out a sprig of a distinctive plant. "Now, you can't easily get somebody to just eat this, so in order to maintain subtlety, you have to grind it up and mix it into a potion..." He takes out a mortar and pestle, putting the leaves in, and crushing them until they're a paste.

"Light the fire under the cauldron, would you?" he asks, indicating a cauldron filled with water, a fire pit underneath it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 01:51:40 pm
Light the fire, genuinely interested in what he's saying.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 01:58:15 pm
The fire licks at the bottom of the cauldron, and soon the water starts to heat up.

"Now, there are different kinds of poison. Poison that kills swiftly, poison that eats away the body, poison that maddens the mind...all of these have different purposes, but you will find that not all of them can be used in the same way. Some poisons are subtle, some are excruciating...and some are deceptive. Tell me, what kind of poison would you be most interested in?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 02:52:59 pm
"Whatever can make them suffer more than anything I can do to them without it. I want to make their final moments hell."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 02:55:51 pm
"Well...there's a poison for that. I can concoct something that can make them writhe in pain while throwing their minds into complete chaos with powerful hallucinations. Or perhaps something to paralyze them, drain them of strength...there are so many ways it can be done!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 03:15:23 pm
"I'd quite like to drive them insane. There are several people I want to break in every way possible."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 03:20:51 pm
"For powerful potions of madness, a good starting point is to use the petals of the hollymellow plant, and, coincidentally, the oil of a flogknocker's liver..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 03:23:26 pm
"If I go get the liver, could you show me?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 03:28:05 pm
"Certainly...just be delicate with the body!" says the old rat, tending to his books.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 03:36:00 pm
Leave the shack, and carefully cut open more of the flogknocker's torso, finding and pulling out the liver.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 03:42:01 pm
It's full of guts, and you're not sure what the liver would look like. You pull out an organ that's nearby the stomach that you're guessing is the liver due to its size, and you move it inside. The rat seems pleased.

"Good...now we grind it up and put it in the brew," he says. "Grab a mortar and pestle, you can do this step yourself."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 03:46:55 pm
Pick up a mortar and pestle, and place the liver into it, grinding it up slowly and cautiously at first, but more efficiently as I start getting used to it.

"Say when."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 03:48:41 pm
The liver is a fine paste before he tells you to stop. At that point, he takes it, and scrapes it out into the cauldron.

"Stir that while I set up a few other ingredients...the amounts must be precise..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 03:54:30 pm
Start stirring, gradually, waiting for him to come back.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 03:57:52 pm
He comes back over, putting in a few powders, pastes, and other things, before moving back.

"Stir that until it reaches a rolling boil, then put out the fire and let it set."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 04:05:31 pm
Continue stirring for long enough, then put out the fire.

"What else did you put in?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 04:07:58 pm
"A small amount of mintweed root, several ground flax seeds, and ground newt hide. Now be careful in putting this in a bottle," says the rat, handing you a small flask to put it in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 04:18:49 pm
Carefully fill the flask with the poison, and seal it, handing it to him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 04:21:46 pm
"No, you keep it," says the rat. "That was a small demonstration. But, I'm willing to part with this little book, I haven't a use for it anymore," he says, handing you an aged leatherbound book.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 04:26:45 pm
Take the book, and look at it and the flask, smiling.

"Thank you very much. Do you mind if I ask you a few more quick questions?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 04:33:04 pm
"I have time," he says. "So sure, go ahead."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 04:37:42 pm
"What would you recommend I use to boil my own potions? I'm always travelling, and I can't really drag a cauldron around with me. I'll probably only need to make small amounts."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 04:44:31 pm
"You don't need a large cauldron. You could just use a hanging pot or other similar container for such tasks," he says. "Just make sure you don't use it to cook food."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 04:52:29 pm
"Could you tell me more about this poison? How long will the effects last, and how extreme will they be?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 04:59:12 pm
"The effects will last anywhere between 30 minutes and a full hour. During this period, the subject will experience extreme hallucinations, the exact nature of which will vary from person to person, but they will instill fear."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 05:22:24 pm
Laugh a little, asking my last question.

"Do I need a mortar and pestle?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 05:31:21 pm
"I would highly recommend it," says the rat. "I have plenty of them, feel free to take the one you just used."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 05:37:36 pm
Take it, and put it in my back, checking on my baby as I do so.

"You've been very helpful. I'm glad I stumbled across you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 05:43:30 pm
Your baby is less approving of being in here after that battle, he won't stop squirming around!

"It was nice to have some company. Now I can farm without fearing my crop getting destroyed."

"Shall we be off?" asks Severina.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 05:51:57 pm
Take my baby out, and cradle him in my arms.

"We'll be off. It was pleasant meeting you."

Start to leave, and go look around the forest for interesting plants.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 05:54:02 pm
He waves goodbye as you leave.

Exiting into the forest, you pick a bunch of odd plants that you find, but you're not sure what any of them are. You collect several different types, but then Severina taps you on the shoulder. "The sun's coming up," she says.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 05:58:53 pm
"Alright, let's head back, then."

Go back to where the others were camped.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 06:04:09 pm
You find the camp once more, and Severina immediately gets inside a tent to stay away from the sun. Meanwhile, Rekchev is sitting out with Pyro, cooking some breakfast.

"Where were you all night?" asks Rekchev.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 06:08:23 pm
"We killed something called a Flogknocker and exchanged it for alchemy lessons because I didn't have enough ways to kill people already."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 06:09:18 pm
"That's great. Want some breakfast?" asks Rekchev, indicating several rabbits on a spit over a fire.

Your baby seems interested.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 06:13:02 pm
"...I guess I'll try some... My baby wants some, though."

Set him down, and sit near the fire.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 06:15:48 pm
You take one of the roasted rabbits, your baby tearing some off, and you tasting a bit of it as well.

Now that you think of it, you should really name your child. You're wondering why you haven't done that yet.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 06:23:38 pm
Think about that for a moment, and remember how bad I am with names. Quietly let out a stream of syllables with my mouth.

"Ellabetagretyespolynomertishamanafermplantusleltipalaharl... Laharl... Laharl sounds nice."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 06:28:01 pm
Laharl eats more of the rabbit, climbing onto your arm to tear at the roast rabbit you're holding.

"Cute name," says Pyro.

"It doesn't seem like the vampire's willing to come out of the tent," says Kilroy, stepping out. "How will we travel if she's unwilling to?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 06:31:36 pm
Feed him the rest of it, not enjoying it an awful lot. Go to Severina's tent.

"Severina? We're going to have to start moving soon, but we'll stick to the shade and you can wrap something around yourself."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 06:33:04 pm
"Like what?" asks Severina. "Do you have another cloak like that? Or maybe there's a nice box that I can just sort of stay in while you carry it around?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 06:36:03 pm
"I'll dig up a coffin next time we're at a town. For now, you can sort-of wear part of the tent. It's better than nothing."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 06:38:19 pm
"Okay..." Severina slowly gets up.

You start moving, after packing everything up. Severina walks alongside you, wearing a tent cover as a cloak.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 06:43:12 pm
Pick up Laharl and start moving, checking every-so-often to make sure she's alright.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 06:49:43 pm
Laharl's doing fine, the cute little guy seems to want to run along the ground with you, it seems. You set him down, and he walks alongside you.

"What's our objective once we reach our first stop?" asks Kilroy.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 07:16:08 pm
"Get a coffin for Severina to use during the day, and then we do the usual."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 07:27:35 pm
The group moves onward, a town eventually coming into view.

"There it is...Whitewater," says Rekchev. "The guards will probably be expecting you, Widow."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 07:42:43 pm
"I'm sure that'll do them a lot of good."

Look around the outskirts of the city for a graveyard.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 07:50:33 pm
There isn't a graveyard in sight outside of the city walls, it seems, to your disappointment.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 08:39:51 pm
"*Balthazar, Becky. Remember, you're becoming vampires and people will try to kill you for it, so your best bet is staying with us.* I'm going to find somebody to kill so that I can freely wander around the city. Set up camp somewhere secluded nearby, and everyone do whatever, but be back by nightfall."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 08:44:03 pm
You think you've got Balthazar believing everything you say, but you think Becky's less willing to believe you.

"You say that way to casually," says Balthazar, trying his hardest to make you look bad.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 08:50:46 pm
"How about I kill you and bring you back from the dead and see where your morals are? You should really think about how other people feel sometimes, Balthazar."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 08:53:26 pm
"That's not the point you sociopathic monster!" shouts Balthazar. "You just keep killing and killing and you won't stop, and YOU'RE taking the moral high ground with threats like that!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 09:06:54 pm
Look at him, dead serious.

"Balthazar, think about all the bad things you think about me. That's barely a fraction of how I feel about the people I'm after. With every person I kill, there's a chance they'll hear about it. There's a chance they'll be afraid, even if only for a moment. That one moment is worth any number of lives."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 09:10:43 pm
"That's just irrational!" says Balthazar, being stubborn as usual. "You really think these assholes will care how many people you kill as long as it isn't them? You actually think it's worth it to kill people for no reason other than trying to make them fear you? They don't give a shit! They'll just keep doing what they do. Hell, they might even use it as justification to send more and more guards after us!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 09:23:36 pm
"Even better. The more guards they send to kill me that end up strewn all over the place, the more they'll fear me. I know they don't care about these people. I want them to see how I kill innocent people just because I can. I want them to see how there's nobody I can't or won't kill. I want them to see that their deaths are inevitable like everybody else's. They can't kill me. They can't persuade me. They can't do anything but struggle and die. I want them to feel helpless. I also dislike civilians... Their earls and their princes could be rapists and murderers, but they don't care. They're willing to carry on their normal lives regardless. It takes me killing them and their loved ones for them to realise that bad things actually matter."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 09:27:31 pm
"That won't make the citizens hate them, that'll only make the citizens hate you!" says Balthazar. This guy's head is just so thick!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 09:41:49 pm
"It doesn't MATTER who they hate! It's the fact that they hate SOMETHING! If they can hate me, in the future they can hate their leaders!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 09:43:00 pm
"FINE! JUST GO OFF AND DO THAT! BECAUSE IT TURNED OUT SO WELL LAST TIME!" Balthazar storms off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on March 31, 2012, 09:55:14 pm
"IF I JUST KILLED THE SHOPKEEPER AND LOOTED IT ALL TO BEGIN WITH, I WOULDN'T HAVE WASTED MANA ON CHARMING HIM AND WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ARRESTED! AND STORMING OFF WORKED OUT SO WELL FOR YOU LAST TIME, TOO!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on March 31, 2012, 09:56:55 pm
He draws his sword, charging recklessly at you! "SHUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPP!!!" he screams as he runs across the gap he's created at you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 11:06:59 am
"REN'YAK ALTHOOR!"

Turn him to stone for about two seconds, kicking him over.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 11:29:25 am
He is stoned instantly, and knocked over. He soon turns back from stone, still angry. He keeps coming for you!

"EVIL WITCH!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 11:37:02 am
Draw my sword, sighing and calling out.

"Becky, your boyfriend's acting stupid again!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 11:39:38 am
"SHUT YOUR MOUTH, LEAVE HER OUT OF THIS!" he says as he swipes several times at you with predictable and slow swings. You figured out his entire fighting style after your first encounter in the village, it turns out he only got you because he had barely any idea of how to fight.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 11:47:52 am
"You know, at first I thought you had a unique fighting style."

Parry one of his strikes, and grab the wrist of his sword-arm, driving him to the ground.

"But it seems you just have no idea what you're doing."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 11:50:24 am
He struggles against your superior grip, yelling at you. He's turned into an angry, spluttering mess. You think the best way to deal with this would just be to give him some time to cool down by turning him into a statue for an hour or two.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 11:56:27 am
Force him into a mildly embarrassing and very uncomfortable position.

"Ren'yak Althoor. I'm not sure why I haven't just killed you."

Bring him to Severina's tent, assuming she's set one up.

"He tried to attack me like an idiot. If you need to charm him when he can move again, go ahead. By the way, he's conscious. Enjoy."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 12:04:21 pm
She looks at him curiously as you exit the tent. You can tell she's going to have some fun with him.

You guess you can pass the time now without him getting ruffled about it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 12:07:06 pm
Go find Pyro.

"Heading out. Coming with?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 12:09:15 pm
"Sure!" he says, hopping to his feet. "What's our agenda for today?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 12:13:14 pm
"Find a coffin, find a disguise, and burn things."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 12:27:03 pm
"Awesome! Let's not wait any longer!" says Pyro. "Lead the way."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 12:53:54 pm
Head to the city walls, finding a section without any guards nearby that I can climb over.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 01:01:30 pm
Aside from the large city gates before you, with a reasonable number of people moving through it, you see an entrance in an ivy-covered wall just out of sight from the road. You're unsure if any guards are watching it, though.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 01:04:26 pm
Turn into my last disguise, and quickly but quietly head through the entrance.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 01:08:54 pm
You think you're able to get past the guards, but they stop Pyro!

"Halt! Don't move, criminal!" one says. "You match the description of someone we've received word about perfectly! We're taking you in!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 01:15:14 pm
"I told you the costume was a bad idea. *Idiot's writing a play about current criminals, and thinks it's smart to dress up as them to get into the character. He was wearing a black hooded cloak last town we were in, and just happened to be there at the same time as the criminal he was dressed as. That one was a mess to explain.*"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 01:17:00 pm
"Wait, what?" asks the guard, turning to you. "So...this guy heard about what happened in the next town over and dressed up as the criminal? That sounds like an incredibly stupid thing to do! He could've gotten hurt!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 01:27:14 pm
"*He's an idiot. We've nearly been killed a few times because of this. I'm sorry, I'll make him change as soon as we get to the inn we booked.*"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 01:30:50 pm
"...Alright," says the guard. "Go on through. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Pyro walks forward with you. "I've got to be the most recognizable out of any of us. And the thing is, I can't change my clothes."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 01:35:23 pm
"Next time just turn into smoke when we're going past guards."

Quickly find the most run-down part of the city before any more guards see us.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 01:38:46 pm
You head into the rough part of town. A few people walk the streets, some giving you passing glances as you walk past.

"What are we going to do here?" asks Pyro, looking around.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 01:42:33 pm
Find a deserted alleyway, and climb onto a high rooftop from it, looking around.

"I guess this disguise works fine. I'd forgotten I drank the blood of one of the hunters. We should definitely destroy something while we're here, though."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 01:45:05 pm
You don't really find any high rooftops in this area, it's too run down for things like that.

"What would you suggest?" asks Pyro.

You look around at the taller buildings in the city, spotting what appear to be barracks of moderate size.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 01:49:09 pm
"We could clear out the barracks. We haven't immediately gone for the city guard before, so we'll probably get them by surprise."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 01:51:51 pm
"Two of us against all of them? I don't want to work that hard, can't we get the others?" asks Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 04:12:39 pm
"Well, Severina can't come because it's daytime, and I don't think Kilroy would like murdering a bunch of guards for no reason. Nobody else can fight."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 04:21:17 pm
"Well," says Pyro, "it's difficult enough walking around this city, but it's going to be even more difficult walking anywhere near those barracks without drawing attention to myself."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 04:23:58 pm
"Could you turn into smoke and fly onto the roof from here? I can catch up."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 04:26:27 pm
"Alright," says Pyro. "But there might be guards up there, should I just deal with them?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 04:30:19 pm
"Yep. If there's a way downstairs from the roof, start burning your way through the guards and I'll attack from the ground floor. See you there."

Climb down the roof, and start quickly moving to the barracks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 04:32:23 pm
As Pyro dissolves into smoke, you start running for the barracks. You reach the front gate in a few minutes, but it seems that there are about six guards standing around outside of the front gate alone, even more by the front door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 04:36:01 pm
Loiter around just out of sight, waiting to see if I hear Pyro starting.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 04:42:14 pm
You don't hear anything.

"Sir, do you need anything?" asks one of the guards.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 04:57:10 pm
"What? Oh, sorry, was sort of just spacing out."

Walk away, then go around a few more streets and come out at the back of the barracks, looking for another way in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 05:06:31 pm
You walk around the outside of the barracks, finding that the gate wraps all the way around it, but that guards only seem to be posted at the front. You think you could easily scale this fence.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 05:24:13 pm
Climb over the fence, and draw my sword. Quickly press up against the wall, and look for a way in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 05:28:36 pm
There seem to be a few windows above you, but you don't think you can reach them by climbing. The front entrance is still guarded, but there's a less apparent back entrance that you could use...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 05:31:46 pm
Quietly try the door to the back entrance.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 05:34:02 pm
You slowly open it, looking in to a back hallway, seeing nobody around.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 05:36:14 pm
Drop my disguise, and creep down the corridor, looking for the stairs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 05:38:39 pm
You pass by a kitchen...it smells like they're cooking something right now. You see the stairs nearby, but you're not sure how close they would get you to Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 05:40:49 pm
Decide that the guards upstairs won't be expecting to be attacked without warning, and move slowly up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 05:43:25 pm
You move upstairs, but as you peek out into the hallway, you see someone moving towards you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 05:45:27 pm
Suddenly step out from around the corner, lunging towards his chest with my sword.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 05:50:12 pm
He lets out a gasp as the sword goes through him, but he falls limp on the end of your blade. It's a good thing nobody noticed that...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 06:36:23 pm
Drink his blood, and look for somewhere to hide the body.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 06:46:30 pm
There are plenty of rooms around here, but you don't want to run the risk of opening an occupied one. There are a few hallways, most of the doors probably leading to rooms. What about the kitchen downstairs?
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 06:53:13 pm
Turn into the guard, and sneak downstairs again with the body over my shoulder, looking into the kitchen.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 06:58:29 pm
It doesn't appear anybody is in here.

You look around, noticing the large pot of gruel being left to cook in the middle of the room. There are a bunch of shelves, cabinets, and what appears to be a sizable pantry. Your best bet would be to stash him in the pantry, but you're not sure when the chef will come back.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 07:13:52 pm
Quickly see where the meat is kept.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 07:15:00 pm
You look around, eventually locating a large chest labeled "meat." You open it up to find plenty of salted meat wrapped up in cloth.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 01, 2012, 07:23:59 pm
Strip his clothing and hide it in a cabinet. Lean his head over the chest to avoid blood being spilled everywhere else, and quickly cut it up until it's unrecognisable. Repeat this with the rest of the body until the chest is full of strange, bloody gibs, and close it again, quickly moving back upstairs before the chef returns.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 01, 2012, 07:26:29 pm
You get out, the chef still nowhere to be found.

As you head up the stairs, you see a telltale cloud of smoke floating along the hallway. It comes down, and reforms into Pyro next to you.

"Alright...you have any trouble getting in?" he asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 04:07:34 pm
"Not really. Decided to play it stealthy since I didn't know what you were up to. See any guards sleeping? Might be some from the night shift here or something."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 04:27:24 pm
"I didn't really stop in on anybody," he says. "Say...do you smell stew?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 04:55:10 pm
"It's in the kitchen. Speaking of which, I cut a guard into small chunks and hit him with the meat. I'm not sure how they'll react to that."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 05:07:31 pm
"...Say Widow, you've got a flask of poison with you, don't you?" asks Pyro, giggling.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 05:30:13 pm
"...Why the hell didn't I think of that? If anyone asks, it was my idea."

Sneak into the kitchen, finding the stew.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 05:32:30 pm
The stew's still sitting out in the kitchen, it hasn't gone anywhere.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 05:47:02 pm
Put a little splash of poison into the stew, mixing it in, and looking for where the meals are served.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 05:49:48 pm
You can see the mess hall through a doorway, plenty of tables for all of these ruffians. It's not dinner time yet, but you think it should come quickly enough.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 06:41:42 pm
"Find somewhere you can watch from, Pyro. I'm getting a front-row seat."

Loiter around until it's time to eat, and then sit down at a table.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 06:51:05 pm
As people begin filing into the hall, you sit at a table in the middle of the room. The guards all file through the kitchen, each of them coming out with a plate of gruel and a cup of water, sitting down to enjoy their meals. However, as the meal goes on, you notice that each of them seem to be very dizzy. Then, they're all shivering. Then, they all scream...it's lovely. Tables are overturned, chairs thrown, bowls of gruel placed over heads, one man throws off his armor, swatting at his skin, even. The mess hall is in chaos...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 07:11:01 pm
Stand up, and reveal myself, drawing my sword. Decapitate the nearest soldier, my laughter echoing through the hall.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 07:15:01 pm
You sever the head of a guard, drawing back, looking at the absolute chaos that you've inflicted upon these people. You especially enjoy how some are tearing their own skin off and bashing their heads against the wall, their self-mutilation saves you some trouble. Not all the guards are here, though, but your job is going to be much easier after this.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 02, 2012, 07:41:24 pm
Sit down at a table, facing the door, watching the beautiful chaos and waiting for the rest of the guards to check out all the screaming,
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 02, 2012, 07:45:15 pm
One guard walks in, looking shocked as he views the chaotic scene laid out in the hall. He looks down at you. "You! What the hell happened here!?" he yells over the cacophony.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 09:32:30 am
Stand up, slowly walking across the room towards him.

"It's beautiful, isn't it? Just hush, relax, and it'll all be over soon."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 09:37:03 am
"W-WHO ARE YOU!? S-S-STAY BACK! GET AWAY!" He steps back, the scene soaking into his mind.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 10:08:51 am
"Ssh... There's no point being afraid when your fate is sealed regardless... Ren'yak Althoor."

Turn him into stone for two seconds, and quickly move over to grab him, throwing him into the middle of the room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 10:59:51 am
He quickly becomes un-petrified, scooting backwards on the floor, scrambling to get away as the cries of the many soldiers in the hall ring out all around him. He looks so helpless.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 07:48:25 pm
Approach him, slowly drawing my sword.

"So sudden, isn't it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 07:52:35 pm
"Please...I'm just doing my job! I...I have a family...I..."

They all seem to come up with the same excuses.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 08:03:06 pm
"Your few last moments alive, and you plead like all the others. Can you feel the air filling up your lungs? You probably take that for granted, don't you? This is the last time you'll ever feel that. You'll never see everything you wanted to see. You won't even see how your friends and family reacted to your death. Everything you've ever known ends here."

Stab him through the chest.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 08:06:28 pm
He struggles as you push the sword into him, but he's soon quieted by a gentle hand over his face and a shushing from you. You pull the knife out, stained with his blood.

The mess hall slowly quiets down, the diners dropping dead. They didn't even know what happened to them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 08:15:59 pm
Admire the scene for a few moments, making a mental note to poison more things.

"Where do you reckon the others are?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 08:18:45 pm
"The others?" asks Pyro. "I'd imagine they wouldn't have moved from the spot they set up camp at. Except for that brat, I think he might have run off."

Pyro is aware that that is not what you meant.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 08:24:59 pm
"I turned him into stone and left him with Severina. Where do you think the rest of the guards in this building are?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 08:26:48 pm
"Well, I don't think they'd be in this building. The only guards left should be the ones outside..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 08:32:23 pm
"Good. Now, do you reckon this building has any wood supporting it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 08:33:16 pm
"Sure, I guess," says Pyro. "Shall I do something about it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 08:47:52 pm
"Do so. I'll deal with the guards outside."

Walk to the front entrance. Sneak out and tap a guard on the shoulder from behind, smiling at him before driving my already-drawn sword into his back.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 08:49:35 pm
You stab him, but his yell of surprise alerts the 10 others to your presence! They turn around, drawing their weapons.

Pyro bursts out of a window in a fiery cataclysm. The guards shield themselves as the intense flare lights up the sky. Pyro cackles loudly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 08:59:01 pm
Pick up the dead guard's sword, throwing it at my nearest opponent.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 09:00:54 pm
The sword cleaves him in the head, dropping him instantly. The rest of the guards are rained down upon by Pyro's flame spells! They're distracted!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 09:38:41 pm
Reposition myself so that I'm behind most of them, and decapitate as many as possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 09:40:33 pm
You cut down six as the rest scramble for cover from the assault! Little do they know, the entire building is on fire! They're trapped between you and death!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 09:49:31 pm
Take out my flute, and begin to play.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 09:57:30 pm
They all begin screaming, jumping into the fire instead of facing you! You laugh as they burn, as does Pyro! The barracks are in flames, a crowd gathering outside to watch. You haven't felt this happy since you slaughtered all of those people back in Glouheim!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 03, 2012, 10:10:20 pm
Address the crowd, the burning barracks behind me.

"They burned themselves alive rather than fight against me. That's probably the smartest thing I've seen anybody do recently."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 03, 2012, 10:13:26 pm
The crowd seems worried, especially since every guard that isn't already out on patrol in the city is now dead.

"How much fun shall we have with these, then?" Pyro whispers in your ear.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 09, 2012, 04:55:21 pm
Whisper back.
"You take the left side of the crowd."

Address the crowd again.
"Just close your eyes and hope you reincarnate as something nice."

Sprint for the right-hand side of the crowd. Hack and slash through as much flesh as physically possible.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 09, 2012, 05:01:13 pm
People scream as you leap at them, the crowd already scattered by the time you hit the first man. You tear your way through at least 20 fleeing people, your cloak drenched in the blood of citizens as you begin to tire. Pyro, out of the side of your vision, cut his part of the crowd with several wide swaths of flame, the bodies of those caught by it still in the process of charring.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 10, 2012, 03:34:06 pm
Continue hacking, trying to charge my staff and gemstones as I do so.

Once I tire, drink the blood of somebody who's now unrecognisable.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 10, 2012, 04:14:53 pm
You hack and slash away, slurping up some rather foul-tasting blood from a hacked carcass. You swallow it down, but it leaves an unpleasant taste in your mouth.

Your staff and gems glow with magical power. They're all charged up again.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 10, 2012, 04:20:12 pm
Duck into an alley, and use my new disguise. Find Pyro again.

"I have an idea. This city knew what we were capable of in advance, and were well-prepared, so how will Anton feel if we manage to kill everyone here who doesn't run away? We should go for an all-out massacre this time, I think."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 10, 2012, 04:23:15 pm
You become mildly surprised as brown hairs poke out of your skin, your nose and mouth elongating, and your hands and feet becoming clawed. It appears that you're now disguised as a Muridaean.

"An all out massacre?" asks Pyro. "Well, that coward will just keep running no matter what we do, but sure, I guess I'm up for it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 10, 2012, 04:30:22 pm
"Let's find an inn. Try not to be seen with me on the way there, or my disguise won't work."

Quickly look for an inn.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 10, 2012, 04:32:46 pm
Pyro disappears in a puff of smoke.

You find an inn quite a ways away from the barracks and the massacre, the patrons discussing worriedly about what had just happened. They pay no mind to your entrance.

There are a few open tables in here, and it looks like they have rooms upstairs as well.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 10, 2012, 04:48:11 pm
Rush in, freaking out.

"THE HOODED WOMAN'S A SHAPESHIFTER! I CAN SMELL HER IN THIS ROOM!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 10, 2012, 04:52:52 pm
The conversations quickly turn into worried panic as several patrons get up, everyone looking at you.

"HOW DO WE KNOW IT ISN'T YOU?" one shouts at you, drawing a sword.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 10, 2012, 05:06:35 pm
Panic, stepping back, pointing at the man threatening me, screaming.

"IT'S HIM! HE SMELLS JUST LIKE HER!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 10, 2012, 05:08:44 pm
"That's impossible!" says one of his friends. "He's been with us all day, and we were never anywhere near that massacre! He can't possibly be the killer!"

"If anyone's the killer, it's you!" says another man in the group, drawing his sword. "You come in yelling about this magical shapeshifting murderer, and claim to know what she smells like! But you're not fooling anyone!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 10, 2012, 05:18:03 pm
Drop my disguise, drawing my own sword.

"Just for ONCE I wanted you to kill each-other for me! Just ONCE! Is that so much to ask? I've got an entire town to slaughter and you won't let me cut corners in one inn! Who's the REAL monster here?"

Relieve the armed men of their heads, before slaughtering the rest of the room.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 10, 2012, 05:21:28 pm
The armed men prove resistant to your head-removing efforts, seeming competent enough to block your blows. The rest of the inn starts running, save for those with weapons, who seem to want to join in on the fight. You're surrounded by about eight armed men, in varying states of inebriation.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 11, 2012, 10:35:55 am
Go for the most drunk. Feign a slash for his legs, and punch him hard in the face with my left hand. Shove past him, stabbing him in the head or torso as I escape the circle. Grab his sword, and keep all the men in front of me. Parry with the left sword, and strike with my right the same moment I block a strike with my left, so that my target can't block it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 11, 2012, 10:54:27 am
You steal a weapon, and down him as well as another man as he strikes out at you. The six men remaining spread out, and you begin to plan for another assault before a magic missile just narrowly soars past your head! That could have very well hit you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 11, 2012, 07:31:23 pm
Throw my newer sword at the source of the missile, dodging to the side.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 11, 2012, 07:35:10 pm
You quickly turn, throwing it towards the door! It misses your intended target, but it takes out a drunken idiot.

The spellcaster, a man in similar clothing to that assassin you ran into back in Glouheim, jumps up, bouncing off of the ceiling and delivering a quick kick to your chest, knocking you over! He draws a glowing dagger, holding it to your neck wound.

"...I really don't know what they saw in you," he says.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 11, 2012, 07:54:48 pm
"I think I've met one of your friends. Shit assassin, good minion. I'm bad with names... It was something foreign like Ren'yak Althoor."

Channel as much magic as possible into him, and quickly maneuver behind him, trying to smash him against the ground as much as possible before it wears off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 11, 2012, 07:59:45 pm
You thrust your hand forward into his chest, channeling mana, but a pendant around his neck begins to give off a glowing aura, nullifying your spell!

"Don't get too cheeky," he says. You're back on your feet, and it seems the rest of the drunkards have taken relaxed stances a safe distance away as you face off with this guy. "Besides, I can do cute tricks as well. ZUL'AN HARRA!" He invokes a spell, palms glowing as he rushes forward!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 11, 2012, 08:11:05 pm
"Sometimes the simplest option is the best one."

Quickly throw a stool at him as he gets close, trying to dodge around him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 11, 2012, 08:15:16 pm
He slams the stool aside, discharging his magic into it! You dodge around him, and he quickly turns to face you again.

"ZUL'AN HARRA!" he shouts again, jumping off of the bar and quickly flying toward you!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 11, 2012, 08:26:41 pm
Quickly take advantage of his stupid move. Throw my sword towards him, trying to impale him with it in mid-air.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 11, 2012, 08:28:55 pm
It sinks into his chest, and he tumbles to the ground, still, the magic fading from his hands.

Fool.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 11, 2012, 08:39:23 pm
Smile, and briefly start moving to take my sword, before suddenly stopping, remembering the illusion last time, and deciding to make no assumptions that he isn't playing possum.

"Planning on getting up any time soon?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 11, 2012, 08:43:40 pm
The remains of the body melt away!

He's waiting somewhere in this bar, somewhere in hiding...the rest of the patrons express surprise at these developments.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 01:40:19 pm
Grab my sword, and look around.

"De'nix Retunoss."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 02:35:48 pm
The bar men are lit up, but so is an inconspicuous air disturbance on the ceiling...a cloak spell?

He quickly reveals himself, though, blasting a freezing blast at you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 03:09:06 pm
"Who are you people, anyway?"

Try something risky. Turn into the rat just before the blast hits.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 03:24:27 pm
You turn into the rat, but the blast hits you, a layer of ice forming over your front and slowly crawling around as the spell takes effect! You're freezing over!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 04:09:45 pm
Turn back to myself, hoping this counts as an injury.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 04:24:54 pm
You turn back, but it seems the ice is unimpeded by your antics!

"What are you trying at? You can't outwit plain and simple magic with a formswitch like that!" says the assassin.

You're covered in ice over roughly 70% of your body. You're not going to be able to move at all if you don't think fast!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 04:50:25 pm
"GODDAMNIT!"

Run for wherever they prepare the food, looking for something hot.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 04:59:19 pm
You can't run, your legs are encased in ice!

You struggle uselessly, the assassin laughing. He draws a dagger, twirling it around before putting it to your throat, which is soon iced over along with your head.

"Worthless!"

He raises his leg to kick you over, but you soon feel warmth melting away the ice! The assassin ducks as a ball of fire whizzes by him, but is unable to dodge out of the way of a sudden explosion in front of him! He rolls about on the ground, screaming, as you thaw out.

"Sorry about that, I was just in the area, and I thought I might say hello," says Pyro, stepping out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 06:47:16 pm
"I was between calling for you and running for the kitchen, but my legs were frozen, so thanks for that!"

Rush for the assassin as he struggles, and grab his necklace.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 06:51:52 pm
You grab the irksome little pendant, he struggles with you as you grip it, trying to kick you away. He's been badly burned, but he put the fire out before you could get to him. His strength is no match for yours, however, and you tear it away from him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 06:57:10 pm
Put it on, laughing.

"ZUL'AN HARRA!"

Channel magic into my hands, and grab him, channeling it into him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 07:02:36 pm
An orange glow envelops your hands, dispersing into the assassin's body as you thrust your palms into him! He falls to the ground, his limbs flailing about wildly as he makes odd groaning sounds.

"A paralysis spell? Interesting," notes Pyro. "I think you've scrambled his nervous system!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 07:04:55 pm
"I'll not brag much since Pyro helped me out, but thanks for the pendant and the spell! As another sorcerer you'll hopefully understand that I need to see exactly how the spell works. How much pain are you capable of feeling?"

Stomp on his groin.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 07:08:42 pm
You're unsure what his reaction is, since he clearly can't get himself in order, but you note that he yells on top of flailing around with increased frequency.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 07:11:38 pm
"Did that hurt? Let me make sure."

Stomp several more times, harder, and get my sword out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 07:14:51 pm
He screams, managing to turn over, unable to effectively move himself. The rest of the barmen begin to step forward, but Pyro simply holds a flame above his fingertip to keep them away.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 07:17:30 pm
Grab his right hand, and start savagely biting his fingers off.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 07:21:28 pm
He flails about more, but you think he's slowly growing more collected...he must be figuring out his scrambled system.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 07:25:59 pm
"You really shouldn't bother."

Grab his enchanted dagger. Stomp on his arms and legs, breaking as many bones as possible before he can move again.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 07:29:10 pm
His arms and legs give way with satisfying crunches underneath your feet. He's basically lying still at this point.

It's fortunate that you weren't hit by this, bastard would have probably toyed around with you instead of getting the job done.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 07:30:29 pm
Inspect the dagger.

"Tell me, what does this do? You're going to die anyway, so you may as well answer."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 07:34:41 pm
Something garbled comes out of his mouth. He can't answer in any complex way, seeing as his lip muscles are all mixed up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 07:42:54 pm
"Too bad. I'll just see if it has any noticeable effect."

Use it, and slowly cut his stomach open, deep enough to cut through the flesh, but shallow enough to not damage any internal organs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 07:46:24 pm
The knife practically causes his skin to sizzle open on contact. You draw it along his belly, the skin burning open, causing a long, jagged, nasty wound.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 08:18:05 pm
"...I like this. I like this a lot... What else do you have on you?"

Strip all his clothes off, and start searching them to see if he has any more surprises.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 08:22:31 pm
He travels light, it seems that this was all he had on him, save for a few other tools such as a grappling hook and a peculiar gemstone, which shines blue.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 08:28:11 pm
Take the grappling hook, and put it in my backpack. Hand Pyro the gemstone.

"What do you make of this?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 08:35:04 pm
You pick up the gemstone, and the instant you do, you feel whispers...there's something in your mind!

Claudius...no, you aren't him at all! You...the Witch of the Cutting Night...you've killed two of our agents now...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 08:55:37 pm
"Huh, some kind of telepathic thing."

You're welcome. I was wondering why you bothered sending him after me, but you've given me a name, too?
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 08:58:42 pm
The voice stops talking, the crystal seems to deactivate...

"A stone of speaking? If he was carrying one of those, that means that he would be using it to speak with someone, somewhere...I'm not sure where they would be, but I think he's part of some kind of order..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 09:12:35 pm
"They switched it off. Apparently I'm the Witch of the Cutting Night."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 09:18:29 pm
"At least it's not a demeaning moniker," says Pyro. "Anyway...what do you want to do with the rest of these guys?" He gestures to your spectators.

They quickly break for the door.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 12, 2012, 09:31:01 pm
"Go nuts!"

Remember the assassin, and kneel down to him.

"Still alive? Let me fix that for you, Claudius..."

Start slowly sawing through his ribs with the knife. Gently rip out his heart, and stab it over his face.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 12, 2012, 09:35:09 pm
You turn your back to Pyro in order to attend to Claudius. You can see the light from the flames on the wall opposite, feeling the intense heat on your back.

Claudius can't do much as you saw through his ribcage. It seems the spell has worn off, since he's gently whispering something coherent, but you can't make out most of it. His eyes roll up as you remove his heart, the arterial blood dripping onto his face as you pierce it before him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 13, 2012, 09:32:41 pm
Use the magic I charged earlier, and reanimate him with more magic than I've tried before, wondering if I can get myself an undead wizard.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 13, 2012, 09:34:43 pm
The stolen mana from the barracks and the crowd of people is more than enough to induce a high level of intelligence in your new servant. He gets up, on crumpled legs, and bows to you.

"Mistress..." he says in a quiet, but human tone.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 13, 2012, 09:39:42 pm
"You can put your clothes back on. Let's go find more people to kill. I have some questions to ask you, as well."

Start walking out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 13, 2012, 09:42:11 pm
Your servant silently follows after robing himself.

"Is it just me, or do drunkards burn more easily than any other type of person?" asks Pyro as you walk out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 13, 2012, 09:48:58 pm
"All the alcohol they drink has to go somewhere. Now, Claudius... Who were you werking for, why were you after me, and why do you call me the Witch of the Cutting Night?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 13, 2012, 09:50:49 pm
"I was...sent after you. A client paid for your assassination. They wanted you dead. We've had previous encounters with you...you've showed up at several places where our agents have been operating. Based on your fighting style and sadistic nature, we dubbed you the Witch of the Cutting Night..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 13, 2012, 09:56:56 pm
"Damn, thought I might have been called that when I was alive. Nice name, though. I'm guessing Anton paid you. Oh, and can you still use magic?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 13, 2012, 09:58:52 pm
"Zay'eed...Larough."

Claudius's hands become wrapped in balls of pulsing lightning.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 13, 2012, 10:08:52 pm
"Good...  You'll have to teach me a few spells sometime, but until then we have innocents to slaughter. Are your legs a problem?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 13, 2012, 10:11:17 pm
"They make it difficult to move...but if you do not care, then neither shall I, mistress..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 13, 2012, 10:24:03 pm
"I like your attitude, but you'll do your job better if it's easier to move. Do you know a healing spell or anything?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 13, 2012, 10:26:10 pm
"It will not have as full of an effect on me as it would normally have, due to my undead status, but I shall try...PROTH'YON STARGO!"

Slowly, his legs reform, but he seems exhausted by the effort he puts into it. "I am drained of mana."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 08:33:07 pm
Throw him back his dagger, preferring a sword for normal combat because of its reach.

"Use this, then. Heal your arms next time you get the chance, and any other wounds you're bothered by. I'm not cruel to those loyal to me. Where to next, Pyro?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 08:36:48 pm
"Well, why not let this town know who runs it now?" asks Pyro. "We've killed pretty much all of the guards, and we've demonstrated our power...how many people would actually be willing to fight us now?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 08:42:24 pm
"Good idea. We'll hold a public announcement, draw everybody there, and then kill them all! Where would be the best place to do that?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 08:44:14 pm
"The town square," says Claudius. "It's...over there," he says, pointing past the barracks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 08:56:33 pm
"We're going to have to set up a trap. Pyro, when we arrive at the square, look at every possible exit and tell me if you think you can block them all with fire at the same time when I start killing them."

Head in the direction Claudius pointed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 09:03:56 pm
You find the town square, a statue of some fallen hero erected in the middle, along with a proper stage for announcements.

"Well, this is all well and good, but how will we get everyone to come listen to what we have to say?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 09:33:43 pm
Climb onto the stage.

"Well, you said we should let the town know who runs it. I assumed you had a plan. Hrm... I'll wait here. Find somewhere with a lot of people and tell them I'm requesting everybody gather in the town square, as I want to explain the reason we killed so many people, and to pick several residents to control the town after I leave today. Tell them that anybody not in the square won't survive what's about to happen to the rest of the town very soon, and that it's their responsibility to make sure everyone they know gets there in time. If the entire crowd is uncooperative, just kill them and find a new one."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 09:38:35 pm
"Got it!" says Pyro, disappearing.

Over the course of the next half hour, a large crowd gathers around the stage. They look nervous, unsure, but they're standing around the stage, here, now...

They'll listen.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 09:45:43 pm
Wait several more minutes, until I'm sure there's nobody else coming, then stand over the crowd, speaking loudly and clearly.

"Pyro, please make sure nothing can get into the square."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 09:49:38 pm
"Alright."

He focuses for several moments, before erecting a large barrier of flame around the square, trapping everyone inside. The crowd realizes its situation, and the many people begin panicking as they realize that they can't get out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 10:18:21 pm
"Good work."

Begin my announcement.

"We shall begin. If anyone is unaccounted for, good for them, they're much smarter than you are. My name is Widow. I'm the revenant your town guard was warned about. The warning helped you a lot, didn't it? In fact, it's because of this warning that I've done all of this to show the one who tried to protect himself by warning them what I'm capable of. However, I doubt any of you are at all concerned by that. What you want to know is what's going to happen to you, isn't it? Well, you might be pleased to know that we don't plan on killing any of you!"

Pause for a few seconds to let it sink in.

"The last one alive keeps his life, and wins the town and everything in it. Begin."

Play my flute.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 10:21:22 pm
Everyone scatters away from you, mass hysteria spreading. People are trampled, a few even getting straight to the point and violently attacking others! Some get burned, but a few idiots rush the stage, pulling out petty daggers in order to attempt to combat you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 10:32:01 pm
Stop playing, deciding I've set everything off well enough. Put the flute away, and draw my sword.

"You know, draw those daggers on each-other and you've got a better chance of surviving."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 10:35:19 pm
One man sprints for you, but then another man tackles him, stabbing him to death! The two remaining make moves at each other, one cutting down the other before getting stabbed by the man that stabbed the other guy! The last man standing on the stage roars.

The crowd's thinning out. You've got a few people that have resorted to hiding in piles of corpses, and a few under the stage, but for the most part this has been a great success...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 14, 2012, 10:48:56 pm
"Make sure you get everyone hiding under the stage and under the piles of corpses! And if you're playing dead, you'll wish you really were when I use my detect life spell!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 14, 2012, 10:56:59 pm
A few people run out from their hiding places, only to burst into flame by the hand of your competent watchman. Your staff has amassed some more mana from this slaughter, passively.

One man is going around stabbing the dead bodies, he looks positively bloodied.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 16, 2012, 07:51:41 pm
"De'nix retunoss."

Look around, making sure he's the sole survivor. Turn off the spell, and hop down from the stage, approaching him.

"I'm impressed. I rarely say this genuinely, but I am impressed."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 16, 2012, 07:57:35 pm
He's got a bloodied mat of dark blonde hair, wild blue eyes, and a certain twitchy nature about him.

"EVERYONE IS DEAD BY MY HAND!" he declares. "MORE KILLING, MORE BLOOD! THERE HAVE TO BE MORE PEOPLE HERE!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 16, 2012, 08:04:26 pm
Think for a moment.

"...There are more towns up ahead..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 16, 2012, 08:09:22 pm
He is quite angry. "TOO FAR AWAY! MORE, NOW! I WON'T WAIT! I MUST SHED BLOOD FOR YOU, BLOOD GOD!"

"This guy's lost it," mutters Pyro. "But at least he's mostly a good little drone."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 16, 2012, 08:16:02 pm
"Blood god, eh? Somehow I think we're going to get along. What's your name?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 16, 2012, 08:19:31 pm
He kneels to you. "I am your humble servant, Mekross! I would gladly end my life if it would please you, blood god!"

It seems that this episode has caused him to believe that you're actually a deity. How fun!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 16, 2012, 08:40:40 pm
"I'd like you to travel with us, but you're not going to be able to kill people every second. Can you learn to be patient, for me?"

Whisper to Pyro.
"Is his name Mekross or is that the name of the blood god he thinks I am?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 16, 2012, 08:43:47 pm
"That's his name," says Pyro. "The blood god he's thinking of...well, I shouldn't exactly announce their name at this time. Wouldn't want to draw undue attention."

"IT IS DONE!" shouts Mekross, bowing to you, setting down his bloodied hunting blade.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 16, 2012, 09:10:44 pm
"We'll still be killing plenty, so you'll still need a weapon. We'll take advantage of the empty city to loot supplies soon, just let me do something first..."

Drag a nearby body onto the stage, and use its blood to write a message occupying the entire floor of the stage, throwing the body back into the pile, afterwards.

NO MEN ARE EQUAL. MOST CORPSES ARE.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 16, 2012, 09:11:56 pm
Mekross remains bowed.

"Where to first? I hear that this city has quite the respectable market!" says Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 04:14:32 pm
"Well, we should get some supplies to keep everybody else quiet, and I suppose we should take actual money so that they can buy the boring things for themselves in future. I should also find a nice sword, since I'm still using one I got off a guard I killed. Maybe even something enchanted. We don't really have much of a limit in the amount of things we can take."

Reanimate as many corpses as I can with the magic I absorbed throughout the massacre, making all of them strong and competent, but mostly mindless.

"Claudius, they aren't as intelligent as you. Make sure they don't do anything stupid. Pyro, let's head to the market. Come on, Mekross."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 04:28:07 pm
You manage to resurrect 20 zombies in this manner. If this magic is enough for 20 competent minions...how many low-powered minions could it net you?

Mekross follows you with all the humbleness of a monk. Pyro follows you as well.

You can hear a few survivors scrambling to get out of the streets as your crowd approaches the marketplace. There are plenty of unmanned stalls, but their good stuff is probably locked away in sealed containers.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 04:42:25 pm
Find a weapon stall, and inspect its wares, looking for safeboxes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 04:44:17 pm
There's a small lockbox, but other than that there are small varieties of swords, hammers, and axes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 04:47:21 pm
Pick up the lockbox.

"Claudius, you're an assassin and a wizard. You probably have some way to open locks."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 04:51:24 pm
"I must recharge my mana," he says. "But yes, I can..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 04:58:00 pm
"Alright, we'll just take the lockboxes with us, then. Minions, pillage the stalls and take as many lockboxes as you can carry! You too, Mekross."

Watch them raiding the marketplace, glancing over everything to see if there's anything nice while I wait. Look for more gunpowder, as well as anything mundane I might be able to use for magic.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 05:21:10 pm
You take a few sacks of gunpowder, as well as a bunch of apothecary supplies. You notice a nice shop filled with costume pieces, however.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 05:26:15 pm
Take a look inside, curious.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 05:44:19 pm
The shop is filled with extravagant clothes, masks, and dresses. It's more of a clothing store, with masquerade on the side.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 05:55:36 pm
Check to make sure none of the others are looking, and look around to see if there's anything nicer than my dress, or any masks I like.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 06:04:14 pm
They're too busy pillaging to notice you stepping in.

Your dress is quite dirty, dirtied by your blood ever since your death. Most of these dresses would probably do better, you'd be able to find something specific, probably.

The masks are varied. They're mostly of the masquerade variety, some masks that cover the eyes and upper nose area, tragedy and comedy, porcelain masks, all sorts.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 06:18:52 pm
Pick an elaborate, and find the most expensive black dress that doesn't impede my movement. Become indecisive, and take several elaborate-looking masquerade masks, in black, silver, and gold. Also take a white tragedy mask in the same style as Pyro's comedy mask. Get changed into my new dress, and head out, putting my old clothes in my bag.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 06:23:24 pm
You put on your new dress, draping your cloak over it. You take your other things and put them in your bag.

Heading out, your crew has finished wrecking the marketplace. Your minions hold many lockboxes, and Mekross is currently bowing to you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 07:20:31 pm
Get an odd idea.

"All my undead minions, set down the lockboxes and come with me!"

Take them all into the costume shop.

"Everyone, line up! Once I dress you, take an extra set of clothes and a mask at random, and go back to the market, collect your lockboxes, and wait for me. Claudius, you can keep your own clothes, but pick yourself a mask."

Wait for them to line up, and start picking out extravagant costumes and masks, handing them to the minion in front of the line, and ordering them to change. Once they're done, motion them on and repeat the process. When all the minions are dressed, head back to the market.

"Everyone take a weapon if you think you can carry it!"

Turn to Pyro.
"I feel this visit was very productive."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 07:33:38 pm
Your minions are all soon enough clothed in fine dress and flashy masks, ready for the masquerade ball. They all head outside, picking up swords, spears, axes, maces, and the like. You should make sure you take a few more for your minions back at camp.

"It certainly was...they all look quite professional," says Pyro. "You sure know how to keep your servants looking sharp!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 07:47:10 pm
"I'm rather pleased with how this turned out. Each of them has an extra set, so we've got enough for fourty minions. When one dies I can get a new one to take their clothes. I also got some masks for myself."

Smile, and put on the tragedy mask.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 07:51:14 pm
Your mask contradicts the smile you wear on your face. Pyro, however, seems quite pleased, practically squeeing with delight, and his mask is more appropriate for the expression.

"Perfect! Perfect! We're like brother and sister now, you and I!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 08:03:41 pm
"I knew you'd like it. I've had more fun today than I remember ever having before, and it wouldn't have been possible without your help... so... thank you, I guess."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 08:05:28 pm
"You're quite welcome. Now...is there anything else you'd like to do here before we go on?" asks Pyro. "The sun's starting to set, but we've got time for a...romantic dinner."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 08:27:27 pm
Look at him for a few moments, taken by surprise and wondering if I heard what I thought I just heard. Suddenly realise that he's waiting for a response, and step forward, hugging him.

"Sounds good to me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 08:31:31 pm
He hugs you back. "I don't know of any good places to get a look at the scenery, but I'm also unsure what we should tell our minions to do while we're away."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 08:41:08 pm
Turn my head to Claudius and Mekross.

"Lead the others around and hunt for survivors. Torture them if you like, but meet us back here in one hour."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 08:43:19 pm
"Yes, mistress," says Claudius.

"ANYTHING FOR YOU, MY GOD!" says Mekross. They start leading your legion off, presumably to torture survivors. You admire how well-dressed they look.

"Well, let's be off to have some fun," says Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 18, 2012, 08:57:50 pm
Put my mask away, and hold his arm a little.

"Let's go find to the tallest watchtower on the west side of the city. If there isn't a good view from there then something's wrong."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 18, 2012, 09:03:06 pm
Pyro holds your hand, and you begin walking.

The city streets are quite empty on your way to the west end. However, you do see a few Muridaeans and humans in the poorer parts of town scattering as you come along. You reach the west wall, the largest watchtower on the west side in front of you.

"Well, shall you, or shall I go first?" asks Pyro. "The staircase is rather narrow."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 01:04:59 pm
Decide to let him be a gentleman, and start walking up first, still holding his hand behind me.

"I still don't understand why you ever use stairs when you can fly."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 01:19:37 pm
"Well, would you prefer to walk up by yourself?" he asks.

You reach the top, and are treated to a wonderful view of the town, and surrounding country. You think you can see your camp from here, even!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 01:31:39 pm
"Fair point."

Sit down, hanging my feet over the edge, and admiring the view.

"I rarely take the time to stop and admire scenery like this. Maybe I should more often."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 02:17:55 pm
Pyro points to a crashing river outside of the city. "That's the Whitewater River," he says. "As long as we keep following that, we should find the capitol city."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 02:31:07 pm
"That's where Anton'll be fleeing to. We'll probably find your brother there or on the way, too. Speaking of which, what do you make of this necklace? Think it'll stand up to him trying to set me on fire?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 03:00:07 pm
"I'm not entirely sure how much mana that necklace would be able to divert. Maybe enough for a few spells," says Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 03:21:10 pm
"We'll see later, then. I'll still try my best not to be burned alive, though. I'm not going to finish here until you're holding his mask, so don't go worrying about that. The only problem is stopping him from escaping, since he's much better at that than he is at fighting."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 03:25:06 pm
"Perhaps Claudius would be able to help us with that?" asks Pyro. "Oh, and I can see a graveyard in town! We mustn't neglect your vampire friend."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 03:30:03 pm
"I'd completely forgotten about that. I'll dig up a coffin later, not like anyone's going to stop me. Maybe Claudius will be able to do something that can stop him channelling the mana needed to turn into smoke, or something... Or he could always teach me the spell to do it. Anyway, I've been thinking. If I kill and impersonate Anton, doesn't that mean easy access to the king?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 03:35:40 pm
"I don't keep in touch with politics. I'm not sure," says Pyro. "We'd have to assume that Anton is close to the king, and that they like each other. Or whatever the usual thing is between the royal enforcer and the king."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 03:39:51 pm
"I'd probably be able to get to see him in private if I claimed it was important enough, and if I can, I can think of a fairly easy way to steal his identity. Then I'd just stick around until my other killers realised what I was doing, and came after me. I'd have plenty of time to enjoy it, though... Suppose I do pull it off, and become the king for a short while, what do you think I should do?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 03:46:03 pm
"Oh, you know I'm not good at planning! I live to destroy, not to think hard about how I'm going to destroy!" he says. "But there's still the matter of who you were that made you so important."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 03:51:14 pm
"I've had a couple of flashbacks... I remember a quiet child, his advisor, and Anton. The advisor was telling me I was too radical, and I can't remember anything else. At some point I used a swiftness spell, and ran away. I died shortly after that."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 03:54:07 pm
"If the adviser cared about what you thought, then it would have to mean you were somebody of some kind of importance," says Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 03:58:11 pm
"If Anton was there... I must have been somehow connected to royalty..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 04:02:39 pm
"So, the royal enforcer was in the room you were talking in...and the adviser was talking to you...and the child was doing nothing...you couldn't possibly have been...a queen, could you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 04:08:39 pm
"That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever- Wait... that's... that's actually plausible..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 04:12:44 pm
"Well...if you were a queen, then why did you have to run away? Couldn't you have just told your guards to protect you?" asks Pyro, igniting a flame on his finger.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 04:16:25 pm
"If there is a king, perhaps he was against me, as well. At any rate, I've got a lot of questions I know I'll enjoy asking Anton. I've got plenty of new things I want to try on him, and even if he somehow doesn't crack, I'll just reanimate him and have him tell me everything."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 04:18:04 pm
"How delightful..."

Pyro puts his arm on your shoulders.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 04:24:41 pm
Rest my head on his shoulder, sliding a little closer to him.

"Today was fun. Promise me we'll do this again sometime, but in an even bigger city."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 04:26:25 pm
"We can try," says Pyro. "But I wouldn't count on that trick working in a larger city. Anyway...I'm sorry, I can't remove my mask. That's really ruining this moment."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 19, 2012, 04:32:04 pm
"I've got plenty more tricks, and don't worry about it, it'll just make it all the more satisfying when you kill the bastard."

Lean in, and kiss his mask on the cheek, continuing to lean against him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 19, 2012, 04:35:44 pm
You both watch as the sun slowly sets, the day becoming night.

"Well...we'll find some answers," says Pyro. "They can only try to stop us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 20, 2012, 08:09:04 pm
Reluctantly get up, and offer him my hand.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 20, 2012, 08:14:56 pm
Pyro takes your hand. You both walk back down the tower, coming out just in time to see your group of minions coming along again.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 20, 2012, 08:32:01 pm
"Just in time! Make sure you still have everything and let's head back for the camp. How many people did you kill?"

Start heading back, admiring the empty streets.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 20, 2012, 08:36:19 pm
"WE BRING YOU...SEVEN OFFERINGS!" shouts Mekross, the zombies lying down seven bodies.

You love how just a short while ago everybody was going about their business, and now they're dead.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 20, 2012, 08:42:12 pm
"Seven? Good work. Anybody who wants to carry and eat those on the way back, feel free to."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 20, 2012, 08:47:18 pm
Nobody seems to want to eat them. You guess these zombies don't share your taste in flesh.

"Shall we head for the graveyard?" asks Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 20, 2012, 08:55:02 pm
"I was totally going to remember to stop there and nothing you say can change that fact."

Change directions so that I pass by the graveyard, and find a recent grave that seems to be for a wealthy person, digging up the coffin.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 20, 2012, 08:58:15 pm
You find the biggest headstone in the graveyard, have everyone start digging, and unearth an exquisite coffin, in quite good condition! You just have to dump the body of the dead aristocrat out of it, but it's all good. The man was probably a terrible person, anyway.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 21, 2012, 12:52:34 pm
Open up the coffin, and steal anything of value, carelessly dumping his body back into the grave, and heading back to the camp without bothering to fill it in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 21, 2012, 02:03:56 pm
There's nothing much in the coffin, but you dump the guy out of it.

Your companions are stirred up by the small army you've got behind you. "Widow, what exactly were you doing all day?" asks Rekchev, suspiciously eyeing your posse.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 21, 2012, 02:16:34 pm
"If you want anything from the city, go get it, and don't bother bringing any money. Otherwise, check out these lockboxes for me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 21, 2012, 02:19:20 pm
Your minions all set down the lockboxes in front of Rekchev.

"...You...killed everyone in Whitewater..." Rekchev seems distant.

Balthazar steps out, seeming to be under Severina's spell. "Mistress...Severina...WOULD LIKE to speak with YOU..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 21, 2012, 02:25:48 pm
"See what you and Claudius can do with these lockboxes while I'm gone. You wanted money, right? There'll be plenty in there."

Follow Balthazar.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 21, 2012, 02:27:57 pm
Rekchev gets to work as you follow Balthazar into Severina's tent. Balthazar walks over to Severina, who takes a quick sip from him before speaking.

"Did you bring me an accommodating coffin?" she asks.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 21, 2012, 02:30:53 pm
"I picked out a rather nice one, actually."

Stick my head out of the tent.
"Somebody bring the coffin over here!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 21, 2012, 02:34:44 pm
Several minions bring over the coffin. Severina seems pleased. "Oh, yes! This is exactly what I wanted! It's so nice, too! Thank you!" She runs over, hopping inside and closing it up.

"I'm perfectly comfortable!" she says from inside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 21, 2012, 02:47:16 pm
Pick four minions from the ones who brought the coffin over.

"You four. Accompany the woman in the coffin at all times unless I specify otherwise. Do as she says and carry the coffin when we travel. Severina, these four will be more than willing to help you however you like. I'm going to go check up on those lockboxes."

Find Rekchev.
"Didn't that cursed carriage come from a company named after this city?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 21, 2012, 02:54:39 pm
Your minions obey.

"Okay, thanks!" she says from inside the coffin.

You ask Rekchev about the carriage. "Well, it said it was from the Whitewater River Carriage Service, so I think it means that it operates in this region, around the Whitewater River."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 21, 2012, 03:06:56 pm
"Well, there's still PROBABLY a carriage SOMEWHERE in the city, right?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 21, 2012, 03:08:57 pm
"Well...if you left any of it intact, then sure, I guess...why?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 21, 2012, 04:06:08 pm
"Well, we could use at least one, couldn't we? Where do people generally keep carriages when they aren't using them?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 21, 2012, 04:22:28 pm
"Well, the carriage services would probably operate just outside of the city walls. Have you looked for a carriage yet?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 04:40:53 pm
"Was asking so I knew where to look, first. I'll be back soon. Minions, stay here."

Go wander around the city walls, looking for carriages.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 04:55:51 pm
You walk back around, noticing the carriage service station off of the main road. There's a lack of people, but there are plenty of horses, and a few carriages as well!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 05:05:05 pm
Take the time to look through the horses, seeing if any of them appeal to me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 05:11:27 pm
They're all pretty standard, but you think you fancy the black horses more than any of the others, there's just something foreboding in their color, something the other horses fail to capture...a sense of menace.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 05:14:27 pm
Pick the strongest looking black horse, and stroke it a little, seeing how it responds.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 05:19:48 pm
You walk up to the horse, it being about half a foot taller than any of the others. It gives a strong snort from its nostrils, and is receptive to your touch.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 05:26:32 pm
Climb up onto it, noting whether there's a saddle or not, but not really minding. Try to ride it back to the others.

"Several horses and carriages left unattended."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 05:31:33 pm
It's saddled up, conveniently.

Your group, save for Balthazar, scrambles over, claiming a carriage for themselves.

"Hey, there are some wagons over here as well!" says Pyro, pointing out a few wagons located on the other side of the building.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 06:08:31 pm
"There's a difference? Eh, I'll just ride the horse. You sort out whatever's most convenient for everyone else."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 06:11:10 pm
For the next few minutes, your party and your minions direct themselves to the various carriages and wagons available. All of the horses are readied up for the trip, and you soon find everyone satisfyingly seated.

Laharl peeks his head out from your bag, making a few baby noises.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 06:12:24 pm
Take him out, and hold him.

"Do you want to ride in one of the carriages, or stay in my bag?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 06:17:17 pm
It crawls onto your shoulders, making the same sounds. You think it would prefer to stay with you, but you don't think it's asking for a change in location. A list of typical baby needs springs to mind, food being one of them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 06:27:17 pm
"Pyro, where's the food and stuff? Laharl's hungry."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 06:34:45 pm
Pyro takes out a plucked chicken he nabbed from somewhere, tearing off a leg, bathing it in flames, then handing it over to you.

"Send any of his compliments to me!" says Pyro, poofing back over to his seat on the carriage.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 07:26:38 pm
"Thanks!"

Feed Laharl the chicken.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 07:33:14 pm
Laharl snatches the chicken in his jaws, tearing off a few pieces, choking the meat down. He begins gnawing on the bone, content to sit around your shoulders. You hear a low purring-like sound coming from him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 07:49:34 pm
"He seems pretty happy with it, Pyro! Anyway, let's get moving."

Start riding onwards, leading the caravan, and leaving the broken city behind, a footstep on my journey.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 07:56:33 pm
Your caravan starts up, moving down the road at a leisurely pace. The sun soon goes down, Severina coming out of her coffin to ride alongside you.

"Where'd you get all of these fancy dress sets?" she asks. "And should I keep Balthazar like this? He's probably calmed down by now."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 08:00:38 pm
"There was a nice shop back there, have some if you want, we've got spares. And sure, but you'll probably have to do it again when he hears about Whitewater."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 08:05:08 pm
"Alright, I'll look over what we have." Severina snaps her fingers, Balthazar shaking his head.

"W-what time is it!? WHAT DID YOU MAKE ME DO!?" asks Balthazar without being calm.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 08:10:27 pm
"Severina said you'd be calm! You probably just kept her company for a while, I don't know, I was busy in town. We're leaving what's left of Whitewater now."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 08:13:06 pm
"W-whatever's left!?" Balthazar looks back, noticing the plumes of smoke coming from Whitewater. "You...YOU SICK FUCK! MONSTER! WHY!? THEY WERE ALL INNOCENT! YOU KILLED THEM!"

His shrieking is somehow more irritating than last time.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 08:22:09 pm
"To be fair, most of them fought to the death when we trapped them in the square. Even ask Mekross!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 08:28:37 pm
"WHO THE HELL IS MEKROSS!? YOU MANIAC! YOU HAD TO GO AND DO THIS! I'LL STOP YOU HERE!" Balthazar draws his sword, but his eyes go blank as he hears the snapping of Severina's fingers.

"Did you egg him on like that so much before this?" she asks. "How'd you deal with him?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 08:35:35 pm
"Poor kid just can't handle knowing how the world works. He's been gradually getting less funny and more annoying."

Call out.
"Becky, get over here! We need to talk about what to do with your boyfriend!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 08:38:32 pm
Becky comes over, looking uncomfortable as she sees Balthazar under Severina's spell.

"Um...what is there to talk about?" she asks.

"Your boyfriend's unmanageable," says Severina. "He refuses to cooperate with us."

"Oh...that's not good, I guess..." Becky says, looking down.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 08:50:38 pm
"At first he was funny in his naivety, but now he's just annoying and screams a lot, like 'HOW COULD YOU KILL ALL THOSE INNOCENT PEOPLE YOU MONSTER! I'LL KILL YOU.' You have a word with him or I'll paralyse him and throw him in a lake. Severina, release him."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 08:57:17 pm
Balthazar is released, and Becky clears her throat.

"Um...Balthazar...you...really need to calm down."

"Calm down?" asks Balthazar. "Becky, we can't be here! This woman is completely evil! She tries to justify it through means of logic and reason, but she ignores the morality of everything she does! She claims that it's necessary for her revenge, but she destroyed that entire town! Killed everyone! That's not problem-solving! That's mass murder! She's a madwoman, and I'm not going to stand for it!"

"Oh...okay..." Becky sags.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 09:07:00 pm
"*And now he's not even taking your concerns seriously. Your relationship is terrible.* Balthazar, you fight by swinging your sword randomly and the last time you went out on your own you got abducted. What are you PLANNING to do?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 09:13:41 pm
"I'M GETTING BACK HOME AN-"

"Balthazar!" says Becky. "Balthazar...please, don't get killed doing something foolish! What about me? You can't put me through that! I...I love you..."

Balthazar seems softened by these remarks. "I...okay, Becky...let's just...keep riding for now."

Balthazar follows Becky into the carriage.

"Well, that was easier than I was expecting," says Severina.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 09:18:15 pm
"I really wanted to see if he could hold his breath while paralysed. Aw, well."

Take out one of my magic books, and flick through them, seeing if my masks are of any magical use.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 09:24:29 pm
You can enchant masks, certainly, but you can't find any spells calling for masks specifically.

"What are you looking for?" asks Pyro, now floating by you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 09:32:10 pm
"Was wondering if there was anything for enchanting masks specifically. I should make more poison for when this stuff runs out, though. Haven't touched this alchemy book yet."

Put away the book, and get out the alchemy one, reading through the lists of herbs, and keeping an eye out for them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 09:39:46 pm
You don't know the names of most of the herbs on this list, but belladonna, snapdragon, amanita, parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, and garlic are familiar to you.

"Well, I can imagine that some exiled wizard has figured out some elaborate magical spells to put on masks. We could go through the trouble of finding one out in the countryside, and ask him what he might know, but some of these wizards can be quite...disturbing in their fixations."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 23, 2012, 09:42:14 pm
Look up from my book, raising an eyebrow.

"More disturbing than us?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 23, 2012, 09:46:20 pm
"Well, at least we're sophisticated! These guys, well..." Pyro laughs. "Total whackjobs, living deep within cave systems, empty fortresses, magical underwater abodes, whatever! They live with all of their spells and research piled up around them, performing unprecedented experiments, casting complex spells that do UNGODLY things, and growing ever more distant from sanity every day! Have I ever told you about the Sculptor? He's not the first guy to create living abstract art, but he's the most memorable! I saw him take this one guy, turn him into clay, then he went to town modifying him before turning him back so he could wallow as a sickening freak for the rest of his life!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2012, 08:38:43 pm
"We're meeting one of them as soon as possible."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2012, 08:44:42 pm
"Well, that would take us off our course to the capitol!" says Pyro. "And I can't guarantee that we'll even find anyone. But if you're absolutely sure about this, then we can take the time to look...but your enemies won't stay put forever."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2012, 09:03:39 pm
"Probably better to keep moving as fast as possible... If you think one might be in the area, though, tell me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2012, 09:10:13 pm
"Alright. Though I'm more attuned to sensing my brother's presence..."

Your caravan rides on, and a while passes before you spot some traffic coming the other direction. It's a single wagon, with about three people riding it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2012, 09:17:16 pm
Ride in front of them, obstructing their path.

"Heading to Whitewater?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2012, 09:23:33 pm
"Well, we're...heading in that direction," says one of the men, appearing to be in his forties. "Why do you ask?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2012, 09:28:23 pm
"I'd probably not bother stopping there if you were planning on it. It was built in a rather dangerous area, and the inevitable happened. You're in an incredibly dangerous area, yourselves, though. What brings you here?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2012, 09:37:24 pm
"Really?" asks the man. "These roads aren't very dangerous compared to most other places in Publia. We were just going off to a small town to deliver some goods. Are you and your...group heading for the capital?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2012, 09:48:57 pm
"Being in the same general area as me is usually very dangerous, as most of Whitewater can no longer vouch for. Would you kindly leave the wagon slowly, and lie face down, along with the others?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2012, 09:52:19 pm
"We don't want any trouble!" says the man, growing scared. The other two throw their arms up and get in the position, followed by him. "Just take whatever you need, and be on your way!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 24, 2012, 09:58:11 pm
Hop down off my horse, drawing my sword.

"Well, you see these well-dressed followers of mine? Most of them are zombies, and I've got some spare costumes I'd like to fill."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 24, 2012, 10:01:46 pm
"NO!"
"PLEASE, DON'T!"
"TAKE WHATEVER YOU WANT, JUST DON'T KILL US!"

They're all firmly against you executing them, but they're all smart enough not to try running. You think they'll make obedient minions.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2012, 08:01:10 pm
"Alright, alright. Let me see what you have."

Start looking through their stock, to give them false hope.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2012, 08:09:29 pm
All they're carrying is crops, leather hides, tools, and meager dull swords.

The don't say anything, but they seem to be slightly relieved that you're looking.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2012, 08:16:01 pm
Start throwing things off the wagon, and turn to them.

"Why would I even- I was just looking to humour you, but I was still expecting something of some value! Do I look like a common bandit to you? Now I'm just insulted!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2012, 08:17:49 pm
"We are but humble townsfolk! We are not rich merchants carrying luxuries from far off lands!" says one. "Have mercy!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2012, 08:27:25 pm
"It's alright... I'll probably forgive you later."

Draw my sword, and impale them all, in turn.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2012, 08:29:51 pm
You stab one, causing the other two to jump up and attempt to escape, but you're too quick for them.

"Shall I tell the minions to be prepared to dress them appropriately?" asks Claudius, stepping up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 25, 2012, 08:39:18 pm
"Yes, you should. Thank you, Claudius."

Use the staff, and begin to reanimate them with the standard amount of magic.

"Oh, and what was in the lockboxes?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 25, 2012, 08:47:11 pm
"Still working!" says Rekchev. "But so far, it's mostly money and high-value items!"

You resurrect three new minions, your other minions coming over, and cleaning them up, relieving them of their filthy clothes and washing them up a bit before putting the suits and masks on. Within a few minutes they're appropriately-dressed, completely unlike the stupid men they were before. They'll fit in quite well...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 08:06:12 pm
"Good work. Let's keep moving."

Ride next to the carriage Claudius is in.

"Claudius, do you know any spells that can trap gasses within objects, or anything similar?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 08:10:32 pm
"Could you elaborate?" asks Claudius. "I'm not exactly sure what would intend to do."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 08:18:20 pm
"I need to stop somebody who can turn into smoke from escaping. Draining mana might work, too, but that's less reliable."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 08:24:49 pm
"Perhaps some standard wind spells? If we were to have an airtight container, we could perhaps trap the target inside with a gust of wind," says Claudius. "This person sounds quite dangerous."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 08:32:44 pm
"Danger doesn't really register to me. Could you teach me some wind spells?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 08:35:22 pm
"I would be honored, mistress. We shall begin lessons at our next stop." Claudius begins reflecting.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 08:55:35 pm
"Thank you."

Find Pyro, riding next to him.
"I had an idea to trap the smoke into a container, and Claudius said he can teach me wind spells. What kind of container would our mutual friend hate being trapped in the most?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 08:59:22 pm
"We don't have to trap him," says Pyro. "All we have to do is remove his mask, then this entire conflict will end."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 09:13:32 pm
"If we trap him when he tries to escape, he'll be forced to reform to smash out of it, which will probably disorientate him, right next to whoever was holding it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 09:18:14 pm
"Well, that'll come. So, what should we do when we reach the next city? Clear it out like the other one?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 09:28:32 pm
"If we don't have anything else that demands our attention, that sounds like a plan. I'll have to think of a new way to do it, though. I'll think about it carefully when I see the town."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 09:31:59 pm
"Chances are that we won't luckily get everyone to eat the poisoned foods again."

Rekchev comes over. "Widow, I've found something that will interest you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 09:40:01 pm
"Be right back, Pyro. What is it, Rekchev?"

Follow him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 09:45:26 pm
"While opening the boxes, I came upon an interesting piece of jewelry..."

Rekchev presents a strange ring, with a serpentine design, like a snake that wraps around the finger.

"It's magical. I can sense it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 09:49:38 pm
"This looks interesting. Thanks for showing me."

Take it, and examine it carefully, deciding that it's probably safe to put it on. Cautiously do so.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 09:53:07 pm
You put the ring on, instantly feeling its effects. Your teeth feel...sharper.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 28, 2012, 10:16:16 pm
Feel them a bit, trying to determine if there's any venom inside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 28, 2012, 10:20:36 pm
You can feel some pain as venom glands develop in your mouth. You're quite sure you have fangs capable of delivering a nasty bite...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 05:37:30 pm
"I now have snake fangs... Thank you for finding this, Rekchev. I'll have to test this later."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 05:46:31 pm
"As for the other...intelligent people in this group, could we work out some system for loot like this? I mean, it seems that you've been keeping most of the enchanted and interesting objects that have been found, but we can't be as effective in combat as you could if we go in equipped as we are now," says Rekchev.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 05:55:36 pm
"Aren't you content to just stay in the caravan guarded by my minions? Would you really have wanted to help in Whitewater? The last thing I need is somebody having a panic attack at a few murders."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 06:02:40 pm
"I wasn't referring to Whitewater. I meant before that, when you got captured and we had to fend for ourselves," says Rekchev. "If we get hit like that in a major city, then I doubt we'll all be able to get out alive again."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 08:02:25 pm
"Urgh, you people are such a hassle to look after. Just tell me what you want and I'll give stuff out at my discretion."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 08:12:26 pm
"Well, better equipment and armor, for one," says Rekchev. "I know a few members need not be concerned about better arming themselves, but as for the rest of us, we're kind of barebones here."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 08:14:55 pm
"That's why I told you to get anything you wanted from Whitewater! I guess I'll just sort this out once I'm done slaughtering the next one, then..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 08:21:58 pm
"That's why I told you to get anything you wanted from Whiterun!"

(You're tired, aren't you? This isn't Skyrim.)

"Mighton should be downriver, through the valley," says Rekchev. "It should be more prepared for you, and any small military threats, since it's been in ongoing skirmishes with a few Muridaean tribes."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 08:27:15 pm
(Son of a- You faked that quote and the edit message below my post is coincidental.)

"Good. I was hoping there'd be something in the area I could use. If all these tribes were to fight as one for a full assault, how evenly matched would they be, discounting my own seperate interference which will certainly be a factor?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 08:32:42 pm
"Um...I wouldn't count on us getting the tribes to help...they don't really like...humans," says Rekchev. "And besides, even if we did get them to help, they would dislike each other out of principle, and we'd still be outnumbered."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 08:36:04 pm
"I turned a pack of werewolves against their leader, so I should be capable of this. I just need to give them something to rally around... Would all of these tribes share any important common beliefs?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 08:39:37 pm
"I am...unfamiliar with the culture of my ancestors. Tribes tend to be quite different from each other, in language, religion, and culture. That's what makes them tribes."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 08:52:30 pm
"I could also just provoke them all to attack the city at the same time, and take advantage of the situation. Is there anything else of interest in the area? Bandits? Monsters? Any important roads or rivers?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 08:54:37 pm
"I believe that there's an old fort nearby, since there have been tribal conflicts with Publia in this area for quite some time. Bandits, well, sure, you might find some. Whitewater river is still right next to us, and I'd say this road is pretty important since it's the main road between these places."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 09:00:36 pm
"Would Mighton depend on this river for their water supply?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 09:02:55 pm
"Well...I guess they might, partially," says Rekchev. "But what are we going to do, dam up the river?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 29, 2012, 09:08:40 pm
"Precisely. We have to do it in the right place, so that it's relatively out of the way, but they flood themselves if they destroy it. Any ideas?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 29, 2012, 09:10:47 pm
"I'm not an engineer, I wouldn't know how to do this," says Rekchev. "Where would we get all the wood, ropes, nails, and tools necessary for the job, anyway?"

Pyro comes up to you. "Just between you, me, and him I guess," he says, gesturing to Rekchev, "I'm pretty sure we could use that fort over there as a holdout. We'd just have to clear out any squatters that might be there, but we should be able to manage it easily with the force we have right here!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 30, 2012, 07:12:05 pm
"Seems like a good place to stop... I've got a basic idea of what we'll do here... I'll go to each of the tribes disguised as a guard and start butchering their women and children, then later I'll return as myself and convince each of them to attack a different gate at the same time. Beforehand I'll scout out some key locations with wooden supports or flammable objects, and as soon as the attack starts, Pyro will destroy all of them. I'll prepare a swiftness spell near wherever most of their military force lies, and tear them all to shreds, while the minions, Mekross, Severina, and anybody else who's up for it will attack in the confusion. We'll destroy the city specifically defended against military assault with military assault."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 30, 2012, 07:16:07 pm
"I...well, are you sure that's the only way we can go about it?" asks Rekchev. "I...don't like this plan."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 30, 2012, 07:22:59 pm
"You want a more ethical way to massacre a city?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 30, 2012, 07:27:11 pm
"We don't have to go about slaughtering the native women and children!" says Rekchev. "I mean...can't we just leave them out of it?"

Odd, he doesn't care this much about all the human women and children you may have killed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on April 30, 2012, 07:36:04 pm
"Why should I slaughter everyone but them? Because they're Muridae? Do you think they should be spared due to race alone?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on April 30, 2012, 07:38:56 pm
"It's just that you're doing excessive work!" says Rekchev. "It doesn't have to be this complicated!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 02, 2012, 06:51:56 pm
Start chuckling quietly, but then burst out into laughter for several seconds. Somehow manage to calm myself down, and reply to him, trying not to laugh again.

"You're acting as if any of this has any point to begin with!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 02, 2012, 06:57:58 pm
Rekchev laughs nervously with you, but he seems disheartened.

"I'll...let's just keep moving," he says, heading back to the carriage.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 02, 2012, 07:01:32 pm
"I might come up with a thousand reasons for why I go to such lengths to kill random people, Pyro, and sometimes I convince myself to believe them for the hell of it... but if you want the honest truth... Well, I do it because I feel like it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 02, 2012, 07:05:59 pm
"They never mattered anyway, either!" your robed fiery friend replies.

You wonder what it would like being a demon like Pyro, because he always seems to be having fun.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 02, 2012, 07:14:42 pm
"You know, I've only seen you on a couple of occassions when you haven't seemed incredibly happy, and I think they were involving your brother. Are you always having fun, even when you're not burning things, or do you just like to seem that way as part of an act? Just curious."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 02, 2012, 07:18:22 pm
"OF COURSE I'M HAVING FUN! Burning things, planning on burning things, thinking of burning things, it's all so fun! Just because the demon wears a smiling mask doesn't mean that he's actually faking being so joyfully gleeful!" Pyro says, practically bouncing up and down. A nearby push spontaneously goes up in flames.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 03, 2012, 07:00:40 pm
Smile at him.

"I'd say I'll miss you, but I won't because I'll be dead for real."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 03, 2012, 07:05:07 pm
"You know...we might be able to get something worked out with my father. He is powerful indeed! All we have to do is hold my brother down while I tear that mask off his face!" Pyro says, making a grabbing motion at the air in front of him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 03, 2012, 07:16:01 pm
"...That's a good idea, actually, I'll consider it when I figure out who or what reanimated me in the first place. Speaking of your father, though, how powerful will you be after you win?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 03, 2012, 07:17:52 pm
"I'll have all the power and mana I would normally have back on my home plane. That's a lot more than I have now. I'd also have access to my father's private collection of demonic artifacts..." Pyro giggles.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 03, 2012, 07:28:56 pm
"How powerful is your father, compared to other demons? If there was somebody else on this plane running around with the kind of power you just described, we'd definitely know about it, since everybody around us would be dying horribly."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 03, 2012, 07:32:08 pm
"He's the lord of our clan...he's more powerful than any of us. As his son, I have inherited some of that power. As for others on that scale, they're more discreet as a necessity," says Pyro. "That or this world isn't exactly worth their time."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 03, 2012, 07:46:09 pm
"Seems we're both royalty then, Pyro! Well, I might not be, but I'll make I am by the end of this! Not that there'll be anything left to rule. I'd ask you what you're planning to burn, but it's easier just to ask you what you're planning on leaving intact."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 03, 2012, 07:47:50 pm
"Why don't we go and burn anybody in the fort over there? We need a proper base of operations for this leg of the journey!" says Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 03, 2012, 08:05:00 pm
"Let's do that then. I'm not bothered one way or another about the fort, but clearing it out'll be fun."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 03, 2012, 08:08:38 pm
You direct the caravan towards the fort, and take the winding road up slowly. You reach the doors, finding them to be shut tight. Inspecting the area, you see that the fort has two round towers, and is shielded by natural rock walls, as well as the cliff that it's built into. You could consider scaling the wall, but you'd need tools for that.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 07:09:51 pm
"Hey, Kilroy! Can you help me open these doors?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 07:14:29 pm
Kilroy steps out, bearing his longsword in both hands.

"ALRIGHT GUYS, LET'S DO THIS!" he shouts. "KILROOOOOOOOOOY JEEEEEEERRRKIIIIIINNNNNSSSS!"

With a mighty shoulder tackle, the doors to the keep give way, easily, revealing the courtyard beyond.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 08:16:37 pm
"Good..."

Walk in, my sword drawn, looking around.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 08:20:41 pm
You're in the main yard, a few pathways around you leading to various stone buildings. The path extends forward towards a larger keep, where you notice a few figures scramble inside upon your entry.

"I don't think it's clear," says Claudius, casting a spell to shroud himself.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 08:23:29 pm
Walk towards the keep, paying careful attention to the windows as I cast a spell.

"De'nix retunoss."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 08:27:15 pm
There aren't any large windows, and no lifeforms are in your line of sight. However, you hear a nearby door open, and see the glow of something living emerge from it. The way he yells, you assume it's a human with a sword.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 08:30:21 pm
Turn to him, and stop channelling the spell.

"Tell me... Who occupies this fort?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 08:36:02 pm
"THIS HIDEOUT BELONGS TO THE BLACKROCK GANG! IF YOU THREE CAME LOOKING FOR A FIGHT, YOU'RE GETTING ONE!"

He vastly underestimates just how many people are in your party. You've got plenty waiting outside...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 08:42:45 pm
"It's not really a hideout when it's in plain view, but sure, whatever. I was going to use this fort as our base as we kill everyone in the city. Are you interested or what?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 08:43:59 pm
"Ha! You and these two assholes? Some army you've got here!" says the man, unaware of the dramatic irony behind his words.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 08:56:17 pm
Sigh, massaging my face with my palm.

"Claudius, just go get the others before I slice his chest cavity open and ruin any chances of this stupid gang helping."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 09:00:13 pm
"How many would you say you have with you?" Kilroy asks the man.

"We've got 20 men in this base! You ain't worth our time!" says the other man, confidently. His confidence is soon shaken by 25 zombie servants walking in, all armed. "HOLY SHIT! ALRIGHT, FINE, THE BASE IS YOURS!" says the guy. "WE'LL MOVE OUT! JUST TAKE IT!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 09:01:40 pm
Look directly at him, pleased that we're making progress, but still impatient with him.

"Who's in charge here?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 09:04:15 pm
"The boss is in charge! He's right up in the keep over there! Go on, here! Take the keys!" says the man, tossing you the keys that will unlock the doors.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 09:07:41 pm
Catch the keys, and walk straight for the doors, unwilling to utter one more word to this man, knowing that I'd have instantly killed him in any other situation.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 09:11:01 pm
You unlock the doors, several armed men pointing their swords at you as you enter. They're in a hallway, a larger area behind them with a visible throne.

You don't want to have to do this same talk with every group of these assholes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 09:17:44 pm
Sigh heavily, announcing in a very bored tone.

"We've got more men than you. We've got an undead wizard, the world's strongest man, and a demonic prince who can set you on fire. I'm a revenant with more magical spells and items than I can remember. Just let me talk to your fucking leader already."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 09:19:08 pm
The men let you through, their leader sitting on the throne. He's got some trashy-looking armor on, with a respectable maul at his side.

"What do you want with us?" he asks. "We're just a bunch of petty thieves and criminals."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 09:29:41 pm
"About time..."

Clear my throat.
"I'm here to make a deal: If you help me attack Mighton, the city's yours, along with any loot I don't want. Simple."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 09:32:55 pm
"...You're saying that you, along with all of my men, are capable of taking out an entire city?" asks the leader. "That sounds foolish, laughable! Unreal! How could that possibly happen?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 09:44:50 pm
"I'd say ask Whitewater, but there aren't a lot of people who survived that, and one of the few who did has started addressing me as blood god. That was caused by two of us."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 09:49:01 pm
"...I don't believe you," says the man. "I have heard no news of this supposed 'Whitewater massacre!' You are making empty claims!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 10:02:04 pm
"That's because it happened earlier today. I don't stop to take breaks. If you really don't believe me, send somebody posing as a civilian to try to get into Mighton, and see how paranoid the guards get."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 10:05:52 pm
"...Regardless, you seem to have brought a sizable force with you...who are all of these men and women?" asks the leader, your force still outside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 10:50:09 pm
"They were civilians from Whitewater, but as you can see, they're happier dead. I'm not a very nice or a very patient person, so I'll have to ask you what your answer is. It'll be at some point tomorrow night, probably, and you'll be fighting independently of the other forces I'm planning to convince to help. You're the only ones interesting in looting, so don't worry about competition."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 10:51:46 pm
"...Alright then, but we'll only attack if you take the lead," says the leader. "You seem to be a...powerful necromancer."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 04, 2012, 11:09:51 pm
"Oh, please. I can do much more than just necromancy. We'll be setting up camp inside the walls, so it's good that you agreed."

Start walking back.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 04, 2012, 11:13:55 pm
You walk back to Claudius, Kilroy, and your servants.

"Were negotiations successful?" asks Claudius.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 01:53:19 pm
"They're idiots and I hate all of them, but yes. They'll attack Mighton when I instruct them to. Set up camp however you like; I'll go check out the city."

Disguise myself, seeing what form I have.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 02:12:40 pm
You still have the form of the Muridaean from earlier. It doesn't exactly suit you, but then again nobody would suspect you of disguising yourself as a lower-class peasant such as this.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 04:40:20 pm
Decide this works, and walk to the city gates.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 04:46:57 pm
The guards give you a passing glance as you walk through the city gates. You notice immediately that while Whitewater had a certain feeling of relaxation to it, this place seems more on edge. You look around, noting the posters of you and other prominent members of your party such as Pyro, Kilroy, Rekchev, and Balthazar. There are entire fliers up detailing your powers, and warning citizens and guards to report any suspicious activities immediately.

The town itself looks like it was built with war in mind. The streets are arranged in such a way that the large keep in the middle of the city has a good vantage point on the area around it, the streets aligned neatly with each other, blocks forming a sort of spider-web pattern. Everything seems to be built from stone.

What surprises you more, however, are the number of court mages on patrol. They wear colorful robes, and you can sense their mana. You think it would be best to be careful around them, you don't know what they're capable of.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 04:58:43 pm
Look at the fliers, seeing exactly what the public knows about my powers, and reading the information on Balthazar out of amused curiosity.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 05:02:15 pm
They list off your shapeshifting, necromancy, and affinity for torture and mutilation, as well as consumption of human flesh. They say that you're an undead monster, and that you're a menace to the kingdom.

Balthazar is only listed as one of your accomplices, but nothing else is mentioned.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 05:05:32 pm
Walk around for a while, seeing how many breweries, wineries, or any other particularly volatile buildings I can find.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 05:10:36 pm
These guys don't appear to have any large, explosive buildings. There are a few buildings like that, but you don't find many. Maybe if you were to get into the keep you'd be able to find a room full of gunpowder or something else convenient, but these guys would probably be expecting you to go looking for something like that.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 05:19:04 pm
Decide that I'm not likely to get into the keep, and see how many gates there are.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 05:21:31 pm
There are only two gates, an east gate and a west gate. You entered through the east gate, and the west gate is on the other end of town.

A woman accidentally bumps into you. "Oh, excuse me," she says, as she heads down an alleyway, seeming to be in a hurry.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 05:32:16 pm
Shrug, and start to follow her out of curiosity.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 05:37:42 pm
She heads down the alley, heading into a bakery. Your Muridaean sense of smell lets you fully enjoy the scent coming from the building.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 06:57:00 pm
Walk into the bakery, enjoying the smells I don't usually appreciate in my normal form, and discretely looking to see what the woman is doing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 07:00:30 pm
You're greeted by the smell of freshly-baked pie. The woman is speaking with the baker, reaching into her satchel to hand him a letter. She quickly wraps up the conversation and exits the bakery while the baker notices you. "Hello! You looking for anything?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 07:03:19 pm
Check if there's anybody else in the bakery.

"Got drawn in by the smell. *That woman looked pretty panicked, though. Bad news in the letter?*"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 07:08:28 pm
You're pretty sure that there are multiple staff members in the building.

"I dunno, I haven't read it yet. Could I interest you in our sweet rolls? They're delectable little pastries."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 07:22:15 pm
Whisper quietly, my curiosity getting the better of me.

"Ren'yak althoor."

Channel enough magic into him for a minute of petrification, and pluck the letter from his stony hands. Figure that since they're all already on-edge, him reporting me doesn't matter, and it might not even be connected to me. Quickly walk out of the bakery, and leave the city from the gate I entered, slowing my pace when passing the guards so that I don't look suspicious. Once out, read the letter as I walk back to the fort.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 07:35:16 pm
To Mr. Dunwick,

Unfortunately, your order of flour has been delayed due to an increase in highway robberies. Your shipment should arrive approximately a week late, as extra security measures are being taken to ensure that your order arrives undisturbed. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences, and appreciate your patience.

Milton & Co. Mills
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 07:45:35 pm
Stare at it for a while, wondering what on earth I expected, but realise that this'll be useful for that thing I forgot to do. Put the letter back in the envelope, and approach the gate guards.

"You might want to take a look at this."

Hold it a small distance in front of me, and wait for a guard to approach.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 07:49:34 pm
"...Um, why does this matter concern the Mighton guard force?" asks the guard, reading the letter. "You're Mr. Dunwick?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 07:54:50 pm
Grab his sword-arm, bite his neck, and run like hell in a random direction. Hold his blood in my mouth, but don't swallow any of it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 07:59:45 pm
The guard punches you in the gut as you bite into him, causing you to accidentally spit out the blood. "AUGH, YOU FILTHY RAT! I'LL THROTTLE YOU!" he yells as you start running.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 08:04:20 pm
Don't run after being punched, and draw my sword. Stab him anywhere that will cover the sword in his blood, preferably non-fatal, and run.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 08:06:51 pm
You stab the guard once, but the second guard runs to assist, almost hitting you with a slash from his blade! "BY THE ORDER OF THE MIGHTON GUARD FORCE, YOU ARE UNDER ARREST!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 08:12:47 pm
Sprint off, directly away from the guard.

"YOU CAN'T OPPRESS THE MURIDAE FOREVER!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 08:16:54 pm
You start running, but as you get some distance from the gates, you feel something sharp pierce your leg! You look down, seeing an arrow embedded in your calf!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 08:20:19 pm
Yank the arrow out, and keep running, quietly muttering.

"Proth'Yon Stargo..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 08:24:15 pm
The wound heals up, but it's quite draining compared to most other spells you've cast. You keep running, another arrow landing nearby you! You eventually get away, heading for the fort.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 08:58:31 pm
Lick all the remaining blood off the sword, not even imagining what I'll do if there isn't enough after all that.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 09:04:44 pm
It takes a while, but you slowly transform into the guardsman. It's less fun than being a Muridaean, though.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 09:11:25 pm
Wander into the forest, and look for any signs that might lead me towards a tribe.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 09:15:58 pm
This is the hard part. You wander for a while, only ending up in the deep forest, nothing around you but trees and wild animals. You even think that you might be losing your way, and you think it's past noon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 09:25:45 pm
Head back to the fort, finding Pyro, dropping my disguise first in case a bandit does something stupid.

"I need your help finding the tribes. Can you fly around for a bit, and see how many settlements you can find? I doubt any of them are completely hidden under the trees, so it should be fairly easy if you look from high up."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 09:30:31 pm
Your party has set up camp inside the walls, everybody milling around. Pyro nods as you talk to him. "Alright, I'll see what I can find out!" he says, taking off.

You've got some time on your hands.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 09:32:36 pm
Go find Balthazar.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 09:34:01 pm
Balthazar seems to be by himself in a small tent, sharpening his blade. He gives you a scorning look as you enter.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 05, 2012, 09:55:15 pm
"Just in case you get any bright ideas, your face is all over Mighton, labelled as my accomplice."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 05, 2012, 09:59:39 pm
"Whatever. Getting caught would be better than having to be your prisoner. I'd tell them all they want to know!" Balthazar says in his usual spiteful manner.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2012, 06:51:52 pm
"They'd probably assume I'd sent you to feed them false information, and torture you slowly until your body couldn't take it anymore. I'm sure Becky would love that."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2012, 06:56:02 pm
"You try to control me with fear...it's not working anymore," says Balthazar. "I've figured you out, you just think I'm some kid, some little plaything that's fun to mess around with! Well, I'm going to get out of here, and I'm going to let everyone know what kind of witch you are..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2012, 07:06:11 pm
Look at him a little oddly, genuinely confused.

"...Uh, they already have posters all over the city detailing exactly what kind of witch I am. That's a pretty dumb idea even for you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2012, 07:08:30 pm
With a quick motion, Balthazar scrapes his sharpening stone hard across his blade, turning and throwing it at you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2012, 07:33:34 pm
Quickly attempt to dodge, and lunge forward, kicking him hard.

"Do I really need to take your hands to stop you doing anything stupid?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2012, 07:38:56 pm
He keels over, coughing, his sword clattering down beside him. He rolls on the ground pitifully, still cursing your name.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2012, 07:54:40 pm
Call out.

"Becky, can you come here for a minute?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2012, 07:58:35 pm
Becky timidly walks over, gasping as she witnesses Balthazar writhing on the floor. "W-w-what did you do to him!?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2012, 08:13:06 pm
"He threw a rock at me, so I kicked him! All I did was kick him and he's writhing around like an idiot! I don't care how hard I kick, that's just silly. Anyway, I want to cut off his hands so he'll be less of a nuisance."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2012, 08:14:17 pm
Becky gasps. "You WHAT!? N-no! I can't! I can't do that...please, don't make me do it!" she says, visibly shaken.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 06, 2012, 08:47:39 pm
Start laughing rather loudly.

"Oh wow, Becky! I absolutely love your thinking, but that seriously never even crossed my mind! I actually sort-of like you! That's why I'm checking to make sure you're not going to freak out over this. You can keep the hands if you want... or maybe the feet, instead. That'd stop him running away..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 06, 2012, 08:51:48 pm
Becky runs off, starting to cry. You got a nice reaction out of her.

"LEAVE HER OUT OF THIS YOU MONSTER!" cries Balthazar as he swings at you with his sword.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 05:29:31 pm
Step around him, and grab his wrist, twisting it and shoving him to the ground.

"Alright, I was only toying with the idea, but it really doesn't seem like you want to keep those hands of yours. CLAUDIUS, BRING ME THAT DAGGER!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 05:34:38 pm
"YOU ROTTING WORM-BASKET! YOU DAMNED FLY-FEEDER! FORSAKEN BASTARD CHILD OF A HARLOT!" Balthazar spits at you with all his rage, kicking you in the shins. Claudius is soon up, handing you the enchanted dagger.

"The others grow concerned," says Claudius. "Should I tell them anything?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 05:46:31 pm
"Tell them that Balthazar keeps randomly attacking me, and tell Becky I've decided not to take his hands or feet after all. Go tell them now."

Wait for him to leave.

Punch Balthazar in the stomach to keep him still while I close the tent door, and hold him down again.

"Taking your hands or feet would just make you more irritating to listen to, and it'd be a hassle dragging you around everywhere. Do you know what I'm going to do instead?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 05:48:30 pm
"YOU KIDNAP ME...AND IMPRISON ME...FOR WHAT REASON!?" Balthazar splutters under your grip, madness in his eyes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 06:06:39 pm
Smile, coldly, pulling down my hood, and letting his maddened eyes see the look in mine.

"There is no reason."

Slide my dagger slowly into his throat.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 06:08:51 pm
He seems furious, but a dead man can't exactly complain much, can he? His blood lightly begins pouring out, the knife still in his throat.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 06:12:52 pm
"You probably thought this was the end of the line for you, didn't you, Balthazar? Oh, how wrong you were! You'll be obedient, one way or another!"

Pull the knife out of his throat, and start reanimating him, using the magic in my staff and gems, as well as my own. Put as much magic into him as I did with Claudius.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 06:16:11 pm
You begin channeling magic into his body, giggling to yourself as you imagine what you'll make him do, but as you continue to charge his body with mana, you realize that he's not getting back up...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 06:19:19 pm
Stare at him for a few moments, stunned.

"...What?"

Try to figure out what's going on, checking to make sure he is in fact dead.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 06:28:18 pm
You can practically smell the death on his body! He does not breathe, he only bleeds, his untapped mana charging your staff. He's dead of the wound to his throat, the removal of the knife confirming that his breathing cycle has stopped. You feel the saddened atmosphere about the camp, you can tell that people have gone silent. They sense what you have done.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 06:44:32 pm
Channel more magic into him, pointing the staff at him, talking a bit too loudly.

"Get up, Balthazar... Why aren't you getting up..? Just get up, already! ...You can hate me just like you did before... That other guy did! JUST GET UP!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 06:47:06 pm
The more mana you channel into him, the more you feel like it's being wasted. He doesn't get up, he just lies there, bleeding! Like some kind of dead idiot! He doesn't hate you, he doesn't serve you, he's just...DEAD! Plain and boring dead!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 06:54:16 pm
"DON'T FUCKING STAY DEAD!"

Suddenly slice his little finger off, trying to see if he's faking it.

"I ACTUALLY LIKED YOU BEING HERE!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 06:55:56 pm
There's no reaction. He's still lying there.

But...why?
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 07:01:56 pm
Grab the book on necromancy, and start frantically flicking through pages, at the same time searching his body.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 07:03:20 pm
He has nothing but his clothes, and the little else you've allowed him on this journey. The book says nothing! The spells do nothing! Your staff does nothing, you do nothing, his body does nothing, EVERYTHING IS NOTHING!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 07:12:52 pm
Open the tent door.

"CLAUDIUS! PYRO! COME HERE AND TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 07:15:06 pm
Claudius and Pyro quickly come in. You see Becky crying nearby, looking inside to get a glimpse at her fallen boyfriend. You close the tent flaps and show them the body.

"Well, here's your problem," says Pyro, "he's dead!"

"Will he not rise up again?" asks Claudius.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 07:26:19 pm
"He won't rise! HE WON'T RISE! No matter how much magic I put into him, HE WON'T RISE! Maybe he hates me too much! One of you try it, just remember to put a lot of magic into him so he isn't mindless!"

Shove the staff and the book in their general direction.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 07:30:31 pm
Claudius halfheartedly attempts to use the spell, succeeding in casting it weakly, with a very inefficient use of mana. Pyro, meanwhile, does nothing. "Necromancy isn't my style," he says. "If you were a demon, you'd understand."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 07:35:21 pm
Snatch the staff off Claudius, and slash the back of the tent so that I can avoid Becky, walking into the woods.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 07:37:12 pm
You succeed in defacing the tent, heading around the camp, through the gate, and into the woods. It has suddenly gotten quite cloudy out here, and it's the late afternoon.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 07:48:48 pm
Climb a tree, and sit as high up as possible, desperately trying to figure out what happened.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 07:54:18 pm
You try to think, but no answers come to you. The falling of rain upon your brow does not faze you, and you're stuck, wondering over something that you don't understand. It all happened so suddenly, but you're hung up over it for minutes, which may even turn into hours! WHY COULDN'T HE JUST GET UP AND OBEY YOU?
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 08:03:55 pm
Pull up my hood, breaking nearby branches and barely repressing a scream. Sit pointlessly in the rain for a while, my eyes closed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 08:08:58 pm
You close your eyes...

Hazily, you begin to remember the details of that night...you got into the coach...you rode...

You made quite good time, traveling through two towns before you...think something's wrong.

You turn to your driver...he's not *BETRAYER* who you think he is...

Those five men...two are dead...Anton, a man with fire red hair and pale complexion...and a man with flowing blonde hair, and bronze skin...they are the ones remaining...and they had an insider...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 08:23:52 pm
"I'll have to ask Anton who the insider was... If I ever get around to killing him... Fucking... Fucking Balthazar..."

Look over at the camp, seeing if I can make anything out.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 08:27:45 pm
Everyone else is trying to look inside the tent, curious as to what's happening, but Pyro and Claudius deny them entry. You'll have to get down and do some damage control.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 08:35:01 pm
Slowly climb down, and walk over to the others trying to get into the tent, looking in another direction while talking to them.

"There's nothing in the tent. I had Balthazar scream and them stand there to scare you. Go do whatever it is you do with your free time."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 08:36:43 pm
You can tell that everybody is highly suspicious, but they all back off and go about their business like good little people.

"Well, mistress, what shall we do now?" asks Claudius.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 08:49:12 pm
"Have two minions guard each side of the tent. You can go talk to the other intelligent minion, or something... Take a break. Pyro, I'm not going to feel any better until I butcher some women and children in front of their husbands and fathers. Did you see any tribes?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 08:51:04 pm
"Well, I found a few," says Pyro, "they're not too far away, but they look well-defended."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 09:37:06 pm
"Give me some details. What should I expect?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 09:41:44 pm
"Oh, arrows, shamans, nothing TOO serious. It's nothing you haven't handled before! Well, except for the shamans, you haven't really fought with users of the magic arts, save for once, but those were special circumstances," says Pyro. "But you can go in there and rough them up all you like!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 09:56:46 pm
"This amulet will help me a little, and the rest I can figure out as I go along. And.. keep an eye on the minions guarding Balthazar. There's something that isn't right... I have a bizarre, insane theory that I won't bother mentioning, but make sure the guards don't disappear, just in case."

Find a nearby minion with a completely average-looking sword, and swap with them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 09:58:50 pm
Claudius nods. "It shall be done, mistress."

You have just given your minion your most prized blade. This blade isn't nearly as nice, or as comfortable to grip, but you guess it would aid you in impersonating a clumsy human guard.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 07, 2012, 10:06:44 pm
Turn into the guard.

"Point me in the right direction, Pyro."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 07, 2012, 10:10:37 pm
Pyro points off into the woods, and you follow the direction until you come upon a small village of Muridae natives. It's odd, you've never seen this many Muridae in one place before, and this village has a most interesting culture, much different than you're used to seeing in human towns and cities. You notice that there are guard posts up around the village, a few archers in front of the entrance before you. Women, children, and some men walk around, going about their business. They're quite a productive type of people.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 06:45:51 pm
Decide that I respect them a little, that the archers are a problem, that the shamans might see through my disguise, and that they might not attack anyway. Also realise that I actually don't feel like killing anything right now.

Drop the disguise, and approach the gates, wondering if they speak my language.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 06:48:10 pm
"Stop!" says one of the guards. "Who are you?" he asks, a heavy accent in his language. The guard opposite him keeps a hand on his sword.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 06:56:15 pm
"An enemy of Mighton. I'd like to speak to your leader."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 07:02:07 pm
"We...send one person to talk with the chief. He will decide," says the guard. He turns to a nearby Muridae, speaking quickly in his native language to him. The messenger runs off, into the village.

"It might take time," says the other guard.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 07:07:19 pm
"You're much more polite than the last people I talked to. Thank you."

Decide it's good I didn't kill their children.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 07:09:28 pm
The messenger comes back, speaking with the guard.

"You can speak with the chief. You shall be escorted to him."

Several guards walk up, ushering you to move forward.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 07:20:26 pm
"Good, thank you."

Go with the escort, to the chief.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 07:24:19 pm
You pass through the village, many women and children stopping to watch you pass. The village is made primarily of log buildings, with a number of functioning facilities such as a mill, and even a smithy!

You enter the largest longhouse in the village, a feast hall before you. In the back, upon a throne, sits the chief. You are led up to him, many guards on either side.

"...You have come to our village, because you are an enemy of Mighton? Why should we believe you?" asks the chief after several moments.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 07:51:20 pm
"They've got posters of me up all over the city, and probably every city between here and the capital, calling me a monster and a menace to the kingdom. They're completely truthful."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 07:54:24 pm
"Why?" asks the chief. "What have you done?" He leans forward, interested.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 08:16:46 pm
"Well, I don't know if you'll object, but if you're disgusted by my methods then you probably wouldn't be much help, anyway, so I'll just be brutally honest. I've done a lot of things they're not too happy about, but the most recent one is what's causing such a panic. In the last city I was in, Whitewater, I poisoned all the guards and forced the vast majority of the residents to fight each-other to the death."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 08:18:46 pm
"Surely you would not do such a thing without purpose," says the chief, his old and wise eyes narrowing slightly. "Why have you shed so much blood? And why do you wish to shed the blood of Mighton?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 08:47:34 pm
"Is there anybody you've ever truly hated, beyond words? I'm chasing the Royal Enforcer for that reason... He keeps hiding behind everyone he can... He warned the peaceful town of Whitewater about me, so I killed them all. He warned the war-focused city of Mighton about me, as well, so I want to destroy it in a military victory. I want him to realise that what he's doing is useless... that nothing's going to stop me... I want him to feel afraid."

Clear my throat.
"But my motives aren't important. You'd obviously benefit from the fall of Mighton, and if you contributed soldiers towards the attack, that would make it easier. I could offer my assistance towards any issues you have in the meantime."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 08:51:51 pm
"I cannot send my men to battle on your claim alone. Will you be fighting with soldiers of your own? My force is not capable of defeating the entirety of Mighton."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 08, 2012, 09:26:44 pm
"I've enlisted around twenty undisciplined bandits for this, but they're not likely to help much. My main force is my twenty-something loyal undead minions, and several very powerful accomplices. I've got a very good idea as to how we can destroy the city, but the more soldiers, the more likely it is to work."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 08, 2012, 09:31:53 pm
"But you think a combined force of all of our men would be enough to take out the entire Mighton guard force? That is...unlikely. I would only be willing to help you if your men were to lead the attack. If the battle goes well, then I shall call my men in to assist. We cannot afford another routing."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2012, 03:58:45 pm
"By the time the main force is attacking, I'll already be within the city walls with my most powerful accomplice, causing as much confusion as possible before attacking the keep directly. They'll be split between defending both gates, the keep, and dealing with the other issues we cause."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2012, 04:18:23 pm
"That is good to hear...but I want to see it, first." The chief grooms his long whiskers.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2012, 04:34:48 pm
"Suppose we got a larger force... would you be willing to attack from the start?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2012, 04:42:34 pm
"A larger force? How much larger?" asks the chief, leaning forward on his staff.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2012, 04:49:36 pm
"Well, I could always convince another tribe to help, since Mighton is a mutual threat... You could even be attacking gates at opposite ends of the city, and it'd still be just as effective."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2012, 04:57:21 pm
"Ah, our distant brothers. We have made attempts to act as one before, but old enemies keep us apart. This is why we are fated to slowly die if the city continues to grow."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2012, 05:01:43 pm
"The Muridae with us told me you hated each-other. So if I get the other tribes to help, you're fine with it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2012, 05:03:44 pm
"We do not all hate," says the chief. "Some of us seek to unify. Others would prefer to stay separate."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2012, 05:13:20 pm
"Can you send somebody to take me to the villages of those who'd prefer to unify, and to talk to their chiefs with me?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2012, 05:15:30 pm
"There is only one other village," says the chief. "They lie to the north. Follow the forest path, and you should find them. They will be the village you come across on the road. However, there is another village that lies on an adjacent road between our two villages. Do not stop there, they dislike outsiders."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2012, 05:23:23 pm
"Can you send somebody with me, so that I don't have to relay agreements back and forth? I'm more than capable of protecting them against anything we might come across."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2012, 05:28:32 pm
"...Fine. I shall send one of my most trusted guards, Namatun, with you. He shall guide you, and act as our ambassador."

Namatun, a Muridae with gray fur and numerous scars, as well as a shortened tail with a flat end, nods. He steps forward, standing by your side.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 09, 2012, 05:31:27 pm
"We'll be back shortly. Thank you, this has been very productive."

Leave the village, and look at the sun, trying to figure out which way is north.

"Widow. It's nice to meet you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 09, 2012, 06:03:48 pm
"Yes, it is," says the native warrior. "You say that you have killed many...what weapon do you use?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2012, 07:12:10 pm
Start heading north, paying attention to my surroundings.

"I can use most weapons well, but I'm best with a sword. I'm using this clumsy thing because I was impersonating a guard, but I have much a much nicer one back at the camp. I also use magic quite a lot. You?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2012, 07:15:22 pm
"My trusted spear," says Namatun. "I can use a bit of magic, but I am much more focused on besting my opponent using my physical weaponry instead. You are an illusionist, then?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2012, 07:24:39 pm
"No. I can shapeshift into anybody I drink the blood of. I could probably be an illusionist if I learnt a spell, since I'm very versatile with magic. I didn't say this in the village because I don't know anything about your culture or how you'd react to it, but I kill so many people because I'm a revenant."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2012, 07:26:19 pm
"...I am unfamiliar with that word. What is a revenant?" asks Namatun, whiskers twitching slightly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2012, 07:38:50 pm
"I was murdered, and brought back from the dead to track down and slaughter the ones who killed me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2012, 07:40:55 pm
"Ah...a spirit of vengeance. How goes your mission?" Namatun says, slowing his pace a bit.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2012, 07:52:20 pm
"You're not very good at hiding your fear. I'm working with you to destroy Mighton, and I'm not going to turn on you. It's going well; I've killed a foreign prince and an earl. Just the royal enforcer and two others left."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2012, 07:54:17 pm
"I fear very little. Stop walking." Namatun holds his arm out in front of you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2012, 08:06:33 pm
Instantly stop, and turn my head to him, staying silent to help him hear whatever he's listening to.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2012, 08:09:50 pm
You only hear the soft calling of birds, and the sound of a nearby creek.

"...A tripwire," says Namatun, pointing at a thin wire low to the ground, around foot level. You honestly hadn't seen it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 10, 2012, 08:12:51 pm
"That's impressive..."

Follow the tripwire with my eyes, seeing what it's connected to.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 10, 2012, 08:19:22 pm
The wire goes into the brush, where you see it's connected to a mechanism that would seem to fire a sharp arrow at the person unfortunate enough to set it off.

"...This isn't a time for more hostilities. Our enemies must be at it again."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 07:33:25 pm
"The tribe your leader told me to avoid? If you want rid of them, just ask. I'm not even being overconfident here, I can just bring Pyro over and burn their village down if you want."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 07:37:13 pm
"You would do that for us?" he asks. "I'm unsure what to think...but I'd like to see you do it."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 07:44:17 pm
"Depends. All their buildings are wooden, right? Most buildings are made of stone these days, so I think he'd really like that."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 07:50:38 pm
"Well, yes...but can he control the fire?" asks Namatun. "We wouldn't want to burn down our forest."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 07:52:32 pm
"I'll tell him not go get too carried away, but I'll figure out something in case of an emergency. Are you fine with heading back to camp with me to find him?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 07:56:20 pm
"I am. But it will be next morning before we reach the village if we spend too much time."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 08:03:53 pm
"I'll make a better impression on the other village you're allied with if your enemies are dead first."

Start heading back to the fort, by a path I know is tripwire-free.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 08:11:00 pm
You spend the time to return to the fortress. As the sun sets during your entrance, you sense something is deeply wrong. Several of your minions lay dead, and Becky is nowhere in sight.

Rekchev runs up to you. "Widow! Balthazar...he wasn't dead!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 08:14:20 pm
"Knew it! Knew it! Knew it! KNEW IT! HE'S A REVENANT, ISN'T HE?"

Run into the fort, making sure Claudius wasn't one of the ones killed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 08:19:35 pm
Claudius is alright, but you don't see Pyro anywhere.

"Mistress," says Claudius, bowing. "He was too fast for my men. Mekross has sustained injury...he has been calling for the blood god incessantly since then. We're down eight men. On his way out, he took Becky with him."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 08:24:56 pm
Quickly walk to Mekross, realising I'm smiling a little.

"Did Pyro go after him?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 08:30:00 pm
"Pyro left a short while after they escaped," says Claudius.

Mekross raises a hand towards you. "I BLEED FOR YOU, BLOOD GODDESS! I BEG YOU TO INDULGE YOURSELF!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 08:44:53 pm
"Thank you, Mekross, but I recently drank the blood of one of the guards, and I want to be able to use his form later. How badly are you injured? Tell me the truth and not what I want to hear."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 08:48:36 pm
"I MAY STILL FIGHT FOR YOU!" Mekross leaps up, unimpeded by the wound across his chest.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 08:53:46 pm
"Did Balthazar say anything?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 08:58:29 pm
"Nothing that I heard," says Claudius. "But he ran exceptionally fast."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 09:03:06 pm
"I'll have to find Pyro, now. Namatun, you should probably come with me."

Enter the keep, or one of the towers, whichever is taller, and walk to the highest point, looking over the forest.

"De'nix Retunoss."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 09:10:06 pm
You walk into the keep, past the bewildering bandits, and up the spiral staircase. Upon reaching the top, you look out over the forest, noticing Pyro's burning body flying in the distance.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 09:19:46 pm
Turn to Namatun.

"You should stay in the fort. I'm not sure what the revenant I've created is going be capable of, and I promised I'd bring you back safely."

Find the minion I swapped swords with, and swap back, before running after Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 09:23:30 pm
Luckily, that minion isn't dead. You swap swords and head off towards Pyro.

As you run through the darkness, however, you hear a guttural growl coming from the brush. You don't know what it is, but you know it's looking at you, and it sounds large.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 11, 2012, 09:27:01 pm
Draw my sword, and get ready to either attack or dodge at a moment's notice.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 11, 2012, 09:31:54 pm
The beast charges out at you, large tusks extending outwards! It runs with a surprising speed, and you barely manage to dodge it!

It turns around, grunting. It appears to be a large pig-like creature, with spikes running down its back, and a nasty set of claws.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 09:52:00 am
"You're fast... They said Balthazar was fast... They probably would have mentioned if he turned into a giant pig, though... I'll deal with you and then go find him."

Wait for it to charge again, and quickly dodge to the side, trying to stick my sword into its belly as it passes, and cause it to slit its own stomach open.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 11:51:20 am
The beast takes a light hit, but you get knocked over in the process! The beast turns, raising up in order to stomp on you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 11:59:10 am
Roll out of the way, and try to climb onto its back, holding on as tightly as possible.Try to get a good grip on its eye sockets, and blind it as I do so.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 12:20:25 pm
Its eyes are in a position that's hard for you to grab at, especially as it bucks around, threatening to knock you off. You grab onto one of its tusks as you almost fall over, the beast suddenly running forward into the grove! Branches whip and strike at you as the forest zooms past!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 12:38:39 pm
Try to grab both tusks, and get a better position on it, before tugging hard.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 01:10:42 pm
You cause the beast to rear up! With a pull, you flip it over onto its back! But unfortunately, that means it's on top of you!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 01:40:28 pm
Try to reach my sword around it, and slice or stab its belly at any angle I can reach.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 01:50:01 pm
You get off a few small wounds before the beast flips back over. You take a moment to right yourself. You both stand opposite of each other, the beast growling.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 02:37:59 pm
Hold my ground, getting ready to dodge again, hoping to intimidate it.

"Well?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 03:32:40 pm
The beast rears up, roaring as it starts running! Now's your chance to punish it...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 03:36:41 pm
Try to jump on top of it, and grab its tusks, pulling on them again, seeing if it learned not to knock itself over.

"STOP!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 03:39:14 pm
It keeps bucking, furious, heading for a tree! It's going to try to ram you into it!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 12, 2012, 03:43:41 pm
Quickly jump off right before impact, looking to see whether it's stunned before deciding what to do next.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 12, 2012, 03:46:00 pm
The beast stumbles, falling onto the ground for a moment, obviously dazed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 02:30:54 pm
Approach it, and softly stroke its head.


"*Calm...*"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 02:43:22 pm
You doubt it understands you, but the beast stays down, exhausted.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 03:16:07 pm
Continue to stroke it for several minutes, before slowly trying to help it up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 03:21:34 pm
The beast eventually gets up, grunting. It doesn't seem to be aggressive towards you anymore.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 03:24:50 pm
Rub behind its ears a little, and continue walking, slowly, keeping a hand on the side of its head so that it knows to follow me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 03:43:15 pm
The beast walks with you, slowly. You walk along the path, until you come upon a clearing, Pyro standing in a burnt patch in the middle of it.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 06:32:39 pm
"Hey, Pyro. Sorry I'm late, I was making a new friend. Did you find our revenant?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 06:37:37 pm
"I did not," says Pyro, sitting down. "...How'd you get it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 06:45:06 pm
"He attacked me and I tamed him. He isn't attacking you, which is good... My insane theory about Balthazar was actually this... We have to deal with him before we attack, or he'll ruin everything."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 06:49:55 pm
"He isn't you! What can he possible do to ruin all of this?" asks Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 06:52:47 pm
"He killed eight minions on his way out, and injured Mekross. I'm planning on the two of us splitting off from the rest of the main force, so they'll probably take heavy losses, and the tribes would retreat."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 07:07:57 pm
"Wait, what if he doesn't remember anything? Like you? Perhaps he wouldn't even show up that day!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 07:10:30 pm
"He took Becky with him. He remembers more than I did. Even if he doesn't, she'll remind him."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 07:29:23 pm
"...I think there was something different about his conversion," says Pyro. "Subtle, but something different from you."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 07:41:17 pm
"They commented on how fast he was. Perhaps a different god brought him back to life to spite mine?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 07:57:23 pm
"Perhaps...but your god never made itself evident," says Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 08:09:18 pm
"I've learned not to think too hard about things I can't be sure of. What I can be sure of is that he's a nuisance. Any ideas on how we can track him down?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 08:15:07 pm
"Well, I know we can't effectively go on a manhunt in here. I also know that he's prone to violent fits. He'll come to you," says Pyro. "We don't have to find him."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 08:25:51 pm
"We've got plenty of ways to kill time while we wait."

Start heading back.
"I have a warrior from one of the villages who was sent with me to talk to another village about the attack. Turns out a third village is giving them problems, and all their buildings are made out of wood..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 08:29:56 pm
"Burn?" asks Pyro, not saying another word as his hands begin glowing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 08:52:27 pm
"To the ground. Catch is you have to avoid starting a forest fire, or you'll piss off the tribes we're trying to recruit."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 08:57:16 pm
Pyro blasts off, leaving you alone in your spot, the beast startled by the flames.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 09:09:30 pm
"WAIT! I DIDN'T TELL YOU WHAT VILLAGE! PYRO!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 09:13:26 pm
He's already too far gone! Something extremely bad could happen! You have to stop him somehow!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 09:28:38 pm
Push the pig forward a little so that he follows me, and start running for the village I was just at.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 09:32:57 pm
The large beast follows along, and you reach the village quickly. The guards are on alert as you approach.

"Who are you, who would command this fearsome beast?" asks one guard, spear up.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 13, 2012, 09:43:05 pm
"I had reason to believe your village was in danger, but it isn't. False alarm. Forget about it. I don't have time to explain and it isn't important."

Mount the beast, and try getting it to move north.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 13, 2012, 09:51:08 pm
The beast respects you, so it takes off quickly.

As you ride along, you see Pyro as a fireball in the sky. He's heading towards the village you're trying to make negotiations with!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 11:50:48 am
Ride quickly, steering around the one tripwire I'm aware of.

Get out my gun, and hope it's loaded, firing it into the air in his general direction.

"PYRO!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 11:58:40 am
He keeps going, only to be intercepted by another fireball! The two fall to the earth, crashing down in the forest!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 12:07:09 pm
Wonder whether Pyro was going after him in the first place, but charge to their location, regardless. Try to avoid the main path, hoping to reduce my chances of setting off any traps.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 12:14:52 pm
Your beast charges through the brush, getting a leg caught in a trap! It squeals, a metal trap clamping its leg!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 06:46:22 pm
Quickly dismount, and pry the trap open, inspecting the leg, and rubbing his belly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 06:52:07 pm
The beast's leg is cut open, but the bone seems to be fine.

Meanwhile, in the clearing, you can hear loud shouting as Pyro and his brother fight each other with their magic, and with violent struggling.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 06:57:36 pm
"You're pretty damn durable."

Mount again, and keep moving for the clearing.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 07:01:13 pm
Cinder notices your entrance, and quickly evaporates into smoke, avoiding your charging beast before reforming above you, a flaming foot striking downward!
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 07:09:26 pm
Quickly draw my sword, and thrust it upwards to meet him.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 07:12:47 pm
You strike his foot, the cut flesh spraying ash and blood as it transforms into smoke! Cinder tackles you off of your mount, raising two flaming fists to hit you before being knocked off by a fireball from Pyro!

"What are you doing here!?" shouts Pyro as he runs up to you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 07:35:41 pm
"I thought you were flying off to burn down the wrong village! I said I'd help, even if I don't know the spell yet!"

Quickly get up, looking to see where Cinder is now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 07:36:58 pm
He's fled off to somewhere in the treeline.

"...He's biding his time. That's great," says Pyro. "YOU ONLY HAVE TO WIN ONCE, YOU KNOW! COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB BEFORE THE JOB FINISHES YOU!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 07:45:35 pm
"He'll attack when we're distracted in Mighton, knowing him."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 07:52:31 pm
"That, or he'll interfere with my other task at hand..." Pyro growls. "All either of us needs is one firm grasp, one strong tug at the other's mask...and it ends. Then, the victor shall have his spoils...and will get to roam on Earth with inherited power."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 14, 2012, 08:07:47 pm
"This might be the dumbest idea ever, but have you tried adding anything to fasten it to your face more securely?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 14, 2012, 08:14:25 pm
"That just happens to be one of the few rules that our father set up. No, we can't cheat the game by magically fastening the masks to our faces or anything. However, I have something that ISN'T against the rules that my brother has none of..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2012, 01:25:15 pm
Smile a little.

"And what would that be?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2012, 01:54:25 pm
"Allies. Now, why don't we go burn down that village?" Pyro giggles.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2012, 02:14:46 pm
"I think the guy I had with me wanted to watch, and the enemy village is on the way to the one we want to talk to, anyway."

Climb onto my beast, and head back to the fort.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2012, 03:29:00 pm
You head back to the fort, arriving in the dead of night. Pyro walks in with you. A mixed bag of lazy thieves and silent minions awaits you as you enter.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2012, 03:59:45 pm
Ride my beast in slowly, stroking it to help keep it calm in front of the crowd, and find Namatun.

"I've found him. We're about to head to the village."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2012, 04:25:00 pm
"You...tamed a kanuut?" asks Namatun, amazed at your mount.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2012, 08:29:18 pm
"I just fought him for a while, then petted him when he was dazed. Wasn't too hard. He's actually surprisingly obedient."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2012, 08:31:45 pm
"Tales from my people say that you must not only possess great prowess, but it must also respect you," says Namatun.

"She's no ordinary person," says Pyro. "I'm not surprised! And...I sense something burning," says Pyro, staring off into the forest.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2012, 08:44:24 pm
Turn to look.
"Damn it! I was going to warn the villages to be prepared for fire, but I wasn't expecting Cinder to go straight for them..."

Look at Namatun.
"I think Pyro's half-brother just burned down a village."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2012, 08:51:42 pm
"Which one!?" asks Namatun, worriedly hurrying over to a vantage point. He gasps, looking away shortly afterward. "They're all on fire! THEY'RE ALL BURNING!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2012, 09:06:15 pm
"DAMNIT! DAMNIT! DAMNIT! DAMNIT!"

Retain enough tact to keep quiet about how this has ruined my plans.

"Pyro, how likely do you think there are to be any survivors?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2012, 09:07:54 pm
"I...wouldn't count on it. Those villages will be ashes by the time we ride out there," says Pyro. "They'll burn to the ground."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 15, 2012, 09:21:08 pm
Nod, and approach Namatun, talking quietly.

"You might be the last member of your tribe."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 15, 2012, 09:23:50 pm
He mutters something in his native language, frustrated. Then, he seems sad. Then, he seems aloof.

"Warriors...must not show their weakness."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 16, 2012, 06:53:08 pm
"Turn your weakness into hatred. Use it. Let it drive you to avenge them. That's what I do."

Turn to Pyro.
"I think he'll be more than willing to help us against Cinder, and he's more intelligent than most of the others. Should we explain the contest?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 16, 2012, 06:58:38 pm
"Alright, Namatun. The man...err, thing that burned down your village...it was my brother. He's a powerful entity, indeed. You want to take it from there, Widow?" asks Pyro, turning to you.

Namatun seems deeply interested.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 07:01:07 pm
Turn back to Namatun.

"Pyro and Cinder are both demons, and their father is the leader of their clan. He sent both of them here, to decide who his heir is. They have to keep their masks on, at any cost; the first to lose his mask gets sent back where they came from, and the winner becomes far more powerful, and inherits quite a lot of magical artefacts. As far as I'm aware, Cinder can't be killed, but you can deny him his one true goal."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 07:05:35 pm
"Take his mask?" asks Namatun.

"Bingo!" says Pyro. "Although we COULD technically sort of 'kill' him if we were to inflict an insane amount of damage upon his form on this plane. But that's not really worth the trouble when we can just take his mask more tactfully."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 07:14:41 pm
"You might not think taking his mask is paying him back enough for killing everyone you've ever known, but he'll probably be far more upset about it than you are now. After all, he's been obsessing over this for... how long has this been going on, Pyro?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 07:16:30 pm
"I don't know! I just have to get his mask!" says Pyro. "But if we're going to do it, we have to plan out an attack. Or, more likely, a counterattack whenever he decides to show up."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 07:28:17 pm
"I should get Claudius to teach me those wind spells. Namatun, you said you knew a bit of magic. Anything specific that'll be useful against his fire or his turning into smoke?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 07:31:54 pm
"Basic spells that improve my strength and prowess in battle. I know little else," says Namatun.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 07:38:21 pm
"Do you have enough mana to learn anything else? We've got an undead mage here, so you may as well put him to use before he's a corpse again."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 07:40:57 pm
"I have little desire to learn anything else. I'm not as much of a mage as I am a warrior. Mages let their bodies get weak, but warriors need to keep fit to do their jobs," Namatun states firmly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 07:57:21 pm
"That just sounds like you're limiting your options, to me, but you're competent, so I won't complain about it. Pyro, if Namatun was able to do a decent amount of damage, would it have much of an effect on Cinder? The few times I've stabbed him it didn't do much, but I didn't keep at it a lot."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 08:00:05 pm
Pyro draws in a breath of uncertainty. "I'm sure that 20 men with swords wouldn't be able to take down my brother with brute force alone. Don't forget, he has command over fire, ash, and the like. If we wanted to definitively destroy his body, we'd have to get him to exhaust all of his mana first."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 08:14:54 pm
"Like you said, we don't need to destroy his body, we just need the mask. Could Namatun feasibly damage him enough that it'd be easier for us to take it?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 08:16:21 pm
"If he survives getting incinerated, sure, but it'll be hard for him to get in. Cinder likes to keep his distance, if you haven't noticed," says Pyro.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 08:40:35 pm
"Not that I'm complaining, but he only set me on fire once. He was distracted the second time we met him, but last time he could've, and I don't think he's just being sporting. Think it might be the amulet?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 08:43:29 pm
"It might be," says Pyro. "But is its effect passive or does it require you to activate it?"

"Call your other mage over, it seems we have many questions to ask," says Namatun.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 08:53:30 pm
"Good idea."

Turn to the camp.
"Claudius, come here!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 08:56:55 pm
Claudius walks over. "Yes, Mistress?" he asks cordially. "The minions are beside themselves about their losses."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 17, 2012, 09:24:56 pm
"I didn't know they were capable of that. Thanks for telling me, I'll talk to them later. I've got quite a lot I need to ask you. First of all, what can you tell me about this amulet?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 17, 2012, 10:10:13 pm
"That part about the minions was a joke. So...the amulet requires you to recognize a magic threat before you use it. It won't work on magic traps unless you're aware of them. You only need to tap into the powers of the stone with your mana, and it should dispel any spells directed at you," says Claudius. "That is, assuming the necessary amount of mana has been put into the stone."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2012, 05:53:40 pm
"I didn't know you were capable of making jokes. So, I put mana into it beforehand, then tap it when the need arises?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2012, 06:35:08 pm
"Yes," says Claudius. "Just be aware of that. It won't last for too long."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 18, 2012, 06:46:36 pm
"Good to know. Also, can you tell me more about who you worked for, how they're structured, and what I should expect now that I've killed two of you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 18, 2012, 07:30:15 pm
"I remember...the Cult of Zaerth. We carry out...assassination contracts. Everything else is foggy," says Claudius.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 05:09:15 pm
"Well that's inconvenient. Well, alright. Tell me about these wind spells now, I guess."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 05:25:01 pm
"Very well. Follow me."

Claudius begins walking towards a more open area, then unfurls his cloak.

"The first thing you must know about wind spells is that they all include the word 'mayei,' or at least the ones that I know of. Say you want to hit someone with a gust of wind. You say 'mayei shruga!'"

A blast of wind hits your face, seemingly generated from Claudius's palm.

"The level of force is quite variable, depending on the amount of mana used."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 05:28:17 pm
Nod.

"How do I manipulate the wind more precisely?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 05:32:18 pm
"The wind is difficult to manipulate with precision," says Claudius. "To do that, you'd need to direct the streams with your hands. Like so."

Claudius casts the spell again, this time using hand movements to direct the flow of the wind. You feel it swirling around you for a bit before he disengages.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 05:40:30 pm
"Alright, I'll try this out. Pyro, you mind turning into smoke? I know you do mind, but I need to make sure this is actually going to work."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 05:42:08 pm
"I'm game!" Pyro turns into a cloud of smoke, hovering in front of you.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 05:50:00 pm
"Mayei Shruga!"

Put a moderate amount of mana into the spell, trying to pull him towards me.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 05:58:09 pm
You feel the sensation of wind erupting from your hands, circling around the smoky form of Pyro and pulling him towards you! Pyro reforms, having been pulled right up to you.

"Again?" he asks. "That was a good one!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 06:09:47 pm
Hug him.

"That was actually fairly easily. I want to conserve mana, though. I've already used up way too much today, and I'll need to delay the attack because of it, especially if I plan on using a swiftness spell."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 06:17:36 pm
"Indeed," says Claudius. "Swiftness spells are particularly draining. I would reckon that you'd be unable to do any more magic for the day after using one, at least without any mana-storing objects."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 07:06:37 pm
"I've got gems. Can I just store mana in them manually without killing anybody?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 07:13:14 pm
"You can," says Claudius. "That staff of yours is specially-treated in order to capture the mana of the slain, but the gems on their own must have mana stored in advance."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 07:23:44 pm
"That's useful, thank you. Let's see what I've got."

See how many gems I have, and how much mana is in each.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 07:29:12 pm
You've got about five gems, but they're all empty right now. You're not exactly overflowing with mana at this time, though.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 07:48:02 pm
"Preparing is going to take a while, anyway, since we need to find Balthazar, first, and change my plans to account for the tribes not being a part of them. I'll fill up these gems with enough to get me by after the swiftness spell, later. Speaking of Balthazar, do you know any slowing spells? I've gathered that his speed was the problem."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 08:17:02 pm
"I have not dabbled in those arts," says Claudius. "There are only so many arts you can get around to mastering..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 08:32:09 pm
"What about invisible barriers?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 08:37:04 pm
"I don't have experience with barrier magic. I found my paralysis magic and the other spells I had at my disposal sufficient for most any job. If the cult needed something done that I didn't have mastery over, they just assigned someone else," says Claudius.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 08:47:25 pm
"Can you teach me that freezing spell you used on me? That doesn't require contact, like paralysis."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 08:54:53 pm
"Ah, regained your mana already, then? Alright," says Claudius. "Now...ice is a different beast. It requires a much greater amount of mana than wind, but not as much as fire. I have mastered the art of doing it without vocalization, which requires great concentration. However...the language that you should use is 'rekka gae'jon.'"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 09:01:04 pm
"I don't think I have enough mana to try that now, but it's good to know the words. That's pretty much all I needed to ask, so thanks for the help. Hey, Pyro, would it be possible for me to learn any of your spells, even if they weren't as powerful?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 09:02:56 pm
"I don't really know any spells, so much as I have latent demonic abilities," says Pyro. "Magic and demonic abilities are quite different."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 09:12:06 pm
"...But they still use up mana... So they're magic..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 09:15:02 pm
"QUITE. DIFFERENT," says Pyro, his smiling visage suddenly in your face.

You think it might be best if you were to take the rest of the night easy. You're going to have to remember to make room for new minions when you go on your raid.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 09:30:55 pm
"Fine, demon magic. Namatun, what do kanuut eat?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 09:35:52 pm
"They eat most anything," says Namatun. "But I do believe they prefer meat."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 10:10:52 pm
"I'll go feed him now."

Find the bodies of each of the slain minions, and take their clothes, putting them in a wagon. Carry one of the bodies, and bring it to my new steed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 10:20:16 pm
You set your body in front of the kanuut. It seems quite eager to eat, and tears into it using its sharp fangs. You begin to take in just how much of an amalgamation of terrifying creatures the kanuut is, how it seems to be built for brute destruction. It tears the arm of the person clean off, pulling it into its mouth, choking it down with jerks of its head.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 20, 2012, 11:45:03 pm
Stroke him as he eats, looking at his belly and leg.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 20, 2012, 11:55:58 pm
His belly looks quite fine, if not lean. His leg is somewhat cut, but mostly appears strong despite the injury. It would take a lot to bring down this beast.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 12:39:27 pm
Pet him as he finishes his meal, and take him to a sheltered spot, leaving a body near him.

"Alright, boy, stay here. Stay."

Stroke him some more, and pick a nearby bandit at random.

"I need a drop of your blood."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 01:00:28 pm
The bandit is, of course, quite puzzled by this. "Uh, why?" he asks. "You aren't going to make me into one of those zombies, are you?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 01:27:20 pm
"I'd need to kill you for that. I'm just going to steal your identity for an hour or so. Not doing anything illegal, not that that really matters."

Take his hand, and try to prick his thumb with my fingernail.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 02:26:16 pm
The blood flows easily, and the man sucks in air as you dig your nail into his thumb. He seems uncomfortable as you lick up the blood, slowly morphing into him before his eyes.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 06:01:08 pm
"Thanks."

Go find Kilroy.

"It's Widow. Do you have any spare sets of clothes I can change into?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 06:06:53 pm
"I don't know why you'd come to the strongest man in Formina for clothes, but we'll see what I have in my pack!" Kilroy searches through the various packs that he's been carrying, eventually opening up a trunk full of clothing that doesn't necessarily belong to anyone in the group. "Plenty of spare clothes in here!" he says.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 06:23:06 pm
"There are two human men here and I doubt Mekross has any. Thanks"

Take a set of clothing, and go get changed.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 06:29:38 pm
You pick a rather normal set of clothing, getting dressed. You're ready for a night out, you guess.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 07:23:36 pm
Head for the closest gate, and try to walk into the city.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 07:28:30 pm
You begin walking into the city, noticing that the guards eye you with suspicion. They don't stop you, though. At least, they haven't tried yet.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 07:39:51 pm
Hesitantly stop, as if I've only just noticed the looks they're giving me. Talk nervously.

"...It's... okay to come in, right..? I mean, the gate's open... You wouldn't leave it open if it wasn't... I'm sorry, I'm babbling here... I'll just get a move on..."

Keep moving.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 07:52:47 pm
You could chance to look back at them to see their reactions, but that might cause a more proactive reaction from them. You keep moving, getting into the city streets.

Even at this time of night, the guards are still on routine patrol, as are the court mages. The mages make you feel uncomfortable, especially since you seem to be the only citizen who isn't inside right now.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 08:03:55 pm
Nervously get the attention of the next patrol to pass.

"Uhh... Excuse me... Are there any temples in the city?"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 08:10:46 pm
You don't get much more than a point in a general direction and annoyed grumbling, but it's easy enough to find from that. The temple itself seems typical, that's all you really have to think about it when you first see it. However, the atmosphere inside is probably a lot different.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 08:13:56 pm
Walk inside, hoping I don't burn up or anything.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 08:21:01 pm
You tentatively take a first step into the temple, not finding it to have any immediate effect on your undead self, or your disguise. You walk inside, seeing several altars positioned around the place, as well as stairs leading downward into a...mausoleum?
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 21, 2012, 09:40:30 pm
Decide the mausoleum is my best bet, and walk downstairs.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 21, 2012, 09:45:39 pm
You walk downstairs, but sadly it appears that the door to the mausoleum is locked as a security measure. The door isn't a rickety one, either. A lot of previously important people are probably kept in here, so they probably anticipated grave robbers.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2012, 07:49:15 pm
Look at the altars, seeing if any of them are dedicated to less wholesome deities.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2012, 07:52:16 pm
From the little you understand of the celestial system, there are five core gods that are generally represented in Publian churches. You're not sure what those five are gods of, but you can tell that none of them would appreciate you too much.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2012, 08:12:46 pm
Leave, and stop another group of guards.

"Sorry, excuse me... I'm not familiar with the city yet... I know this is strange to be asking in the middle of the night but my wife is pregnant and she's getting very bad tempered and demanding water right now and I'm babbling on, sorry... Where can I collect water? ...I'll find a container after, I guess..."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2012, 08:14:59 pm
"There's a well that way," says one guard. "But if your wife's pregnant, best of luck to you, buddy." He lets out a small snicker that's slightly sympathetic to your alleged situation.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2012, 08:27:21 pm
"Thank you very much."

Scurry on in that direction, and then see if I can find an abandoned building or something to read my alchemy book in.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2012, 08:31:39 pm
You find a small shack relatively close to the well they mentioned, which is indeed there. There's a small lock on it, but you take it off easily.

Upon sitting inside, you realize that this book isn't just something you can skim through. Some of these recipes get quite complex, requiring ingredients that you haven't even heard of, but others only offer inconveniences in that they require ingredients you wouldn't know how to obtain easily. The old rat really was quite the expert on poisons...
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2012, 08:36:43 pm
Flick through it, seeing if there are any deadly poisons that have a long delay between when it's consumed and when it takes effect.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2012, 08:40:58 pm
The thing about deadly poisons is that they're designed to be as lethal as possible. You're guessing the old rat never had to deal with advanced situations like this. You don't even know if he utilized his own poison on others. Any normal assassin would probably not have activation time as a factor on their list of concerns. Looking over these, you don't find anything with a long time delay, so it probably won't be too long before everybody figures out that you poisoned the well.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 22, 2012, 08:45:23 pm
See if there's anything slow-acting, that might be mistaken for illness at first.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 22, 2012, 08:51:50 pm
You see a few recipes, the simplest of which calls for only several ingredients. This poison seems to be called "Hard Rotgut." It causes stomach pains, irritation of the throat, and death.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2012, 06:03:42 pm
Read the ingredients, smiling, and reading how long it takes to kill.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2012, 06:23:11 pm
You're going to need to round up some exotic-sounding stuff for this. You need belladonna, rat urine, the kidney of something called a "brasque," along with newt skin.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2012, 07:07:32 pm
Put it away, and head for the most unclean looking inn I can find.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2012, 07:09:37 pm
You head to a worse part of town, finding an inn that appears to be open at this time of night. There are some shady characters hanging around outside, and noisier characters inside.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2012, 07:19:27 pm
Walk up to the bar, talking quietly and discretely to the bartender.

"I'm the one you paid to deal with the rat problem."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2012, 07:21:01 pm
"Rat problem?" asks the bartender, incredulous. "I don't remember anything about a rat problem, and I certainly don't remember paying anybody over it!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2012, 07:30:24 pm
"Really? Well... somebody paid me in advance and gave me this address, and I don't want to take money without working for it, so if you think you MIGHT have any rats, show me where and I'll deal with any for free."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2012, 07:32:19 pm
"...Look, buddy, I'm not stupid. Is this an attempt at some kind of cheap scam? A trick? I've come across plenty of swindlers in my time," says the bartender.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2012, 07:45:36 pm
Shrug.
"How can it be a scam when I'm not asking for anything? If you don't want me to, alright, but I'd feel a little bad about getting paid for it. I'm good at my job, though, so it'll be worth it you let me."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2012, 07:48:17 pm
"...Alright, fine." The bartender steps out. "Take a look around the back storeroom, then. Bouncer! If you see anything fishy, don't hesitate to act!" he shouts to a burly man standing near the entrance.

He takes you into a dusty old room in the back of the bar, far away from the festivities. It's quite dark in here, as well as full of junk.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 23, 2012, 08:07:55 pm
Start looking under things.

"It's like my grandfather always used to say... 'De'nix retunoss.' ...He was demented and only spoke in gibberish... but I like to think those words had some special meaning... I'll just get back to looking for rats, sorry."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 23, 2012, 08:09:52 pm
You turn to the bartender, pleased to find that he's glowing quite brightly.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 08:38:11 pm
Start looking for the tell-tale glowing of the rats.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 08:43:22 pm
You find several rats hiding amongst the clutter, and crawling around. It should be easy to get them.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 08:48:50 pm
"You've got quite a few here, actually."

Grab as many as I can find, and crush their tiny skulls, putting them in the pockets of the clothes I borrowed.

"Nothing makes a good rat trap like other dead rats. The little buggers see it and think the trap's already been triggered. Pretty smart, but not smart enough."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 08:50:49 pm
The man raises his eyebrows as you reach out and crush several rats with your hands. "Use other dead rats to lure in rats? Wouldn't that just make them run away?" asks the bartender, suspicious as usual.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 09:04:17 pm
"It works great, but you need to do it right. When you've been in the business as long as I have, you learn these things. I don't think that'll be necessary here, though. Pretty minor infestation. I think I'm just about done."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 09:08:06 pm
"That's great," says the bartender. "Alright, fine. Just continue your work, I'm going to get back to the bar." The bartender begins to leave.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 09:11:40 pm
Kill and grab a few more rats, and begin to leave.

"That's everything, and you've just made things easier for my next client! Thank you very much!"
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 09:15:27 pm
"Um...thanks, I guess. How does that make things easier?" asks the bartender.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 09:23:00 pm
"Rats for rat traps. I could go into detail about how they work, if you're interested. I've studied how rats think for quite some time, and it's pretty interesting stuff."
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 09:26:33 pm
"I'm sorry, but I really don't care," says the bartender. "Well, thanks, I guess. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a bar to run." The bartender heads back for the bar.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 09:35:13 pm
"Thanks for everything!"

Head back to the abandoned building I was in earlier, and look through my bag for any containers capable of storing liquid.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 09:39:24 pm
You travel relatively light, but you've got a spare flask on hand that isn't currently holding blood or anything that you could use for the job.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 09:48:46 pm
Try to get any spare drops of blood out of it. Read the recipe to see if it's alright to keep all the ingredients in the same container before it's completed, and lay out the rats, retrieving my mortar and pestle. Rip open each rat, and remove their bladders. Put all of the bladders in my mortar, and crush them with the pestle, to release the rat urine. Once they're thoroughly crushed, slowly pour the urine into the flask, using the pestle to hold the solid, mashed-up bladder in place, and stop it from getting into the flask with the urine.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 09:51:36 pm
It's less thrilling than cutting open humans, but it's an interesting job nonetheless. You get the rat urine into the flask, and are overjoyed to find out that you can keep these ingredients together before completion.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 25, 2012, 10:02:57 pm
Pack everything away again, and decide I can't gather anything else at night without leaving the city. Read through my spellbooks while I wait for dawn, looking for anything that might help in a one-on-one swordfight, just in case Balthazar is actually a threat.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 25, 2012, 10:08:13 pm
You've got your dagger, but other than that you've got little else for protection that you brought with you. Unless, of course, you'd be satisfied with using a rake, which happens to be in the shed.

The spellbook contains nothing much that catches your eye, and nothing specific that you think would be worth the effort. However, even if you did find something, you're low on mana.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: Velocity on May 26, 2012, 05:47:16 pm
Wait for the sun to rise, losing myself by planning exactly how I'm going to interrogate Anton.
Title: Re: Velocityquest V
Post by: DraconicDescendant on May 26, 2012, 05:50:55 pm
You