I Wanna Be The Forums!

General Category => General Games! => I Wanna Be the Quest => Topic started by: Alpha on January 07, 2016, 08:01:32 pm

Title: DraconicQuest
Post by: Alpha on January 07, 2016, 08:01:32 pm
You awaken in total darkness. You seem to be laying down, but you're unable to determine more than that. You can feel cushions of some kind surrounding you....possibly a coffin of some sort?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 08, 2016, 04:43:09 am
> Feel around the boundaries of the walls, listening carefully for anything happening on the other side
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: Alpha on January 08, 2016, 01:17:45 pm
It's padded for sure. You think you can feel a small indention on the right hand side. You can't hear anything from outside.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 08, 2016, 03:10:30 pm
> Push on the indentation
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: Alpha on January 08, 2016, 04:11:35 pm
You firmly press into the indenation. A small clicking noise can be heard, and the container begins to rumble a bit. With a sudden rush of air and expelled gas, the door slowly opens up.

You raise yourself up and look around. You appear to be in a lab of some kind. Rows and rows of coffin like containers are arranged in rows around you. It's fairly dark, but theres  just enough light to see.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 08, 2016, 04:24:30 pm
> Examine myself for any objects or tools on my person that could be of use, looking around for any doors or exits
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: Alpha on January 08, 2016, 04:53:58 pm
You look down  at yourself to check for tools. As you are stark naked, you don't find any.

The coffins are all firmly attached to the floor with nothing on them, so no luck there. It's during this that you notice a few of the coffin lids are open like yours, but you can't see or hear anyone inside them.

The faint outline of a door can be seen at the far end of the room. You get up, grimacing at your stiff muscles, and head over to it. As you pass the other coffins, you confirm that they're empty.

The exit has no actual door, so you head out into the corridor. It's a long shaft, and the lighting is slightly lower here. You can see a two paths splitting off to either direction a few dozen feet down the hall.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 08, 2016, 05:00:00 pm
> Go down the path closest to my right-hand side, and investigate
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: Alpha on January 08, 2016, 08:29:56 pm
You head down the right side hallway, keeping a sharp eye out for anything strange. There's a large and rather imposing black door at the end. It's huge, and from where you're standing you can't see any way to open it.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 08, 2016, 08:43:52 pm
> Double back and go down the other hallway
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: Alpha on January 08, 2016, 08:50:35 pm
You head back in the other direction towards the second hallway. Another large black door blocks your way.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 08, 2016, 08:57:25 pm
> Approach the large black door and examine it for any user interfaces or panels that might be used to open it
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: Alpha on January 08, 2016, 10:16:23 pm
You approach the barrier cautiously and try to examine it for a clue as to how to open it. Your search doesn't seem to reveal anything at first, so you reach out to it to feel it's surface.

Before you can actually touch it, the shriek of metal on metal pierces your ears as the door flies skyward into the ceiling, revealing another corridor. This one is brightly lit, however, and much wider than the previous one. There appear to be countertops running parallel to each other on either side of you with various objects on them. Weapons of different varieties, clothing, and several other things you don't immediately recognize are placed along them in different stations, creating an assembly line of sorts. You can see signs posted along the walls and on the counters themselves, saying things like Make sure the safety is on and the chamber is empty!, and A safe trooper is a smart trooper!. One of them is a bit perplexing, as it reads Please make sure you're in the correct Era, if not, immediately contact the nearest Elviron representative.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 09, 2016, 12:07:13 am
"Hello? Is there anyone here?"

> Try to remember anything I can about any of this, while outfitting myself with some appropriate clothing while examining the available choice of weaponry
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: Alpha on January 09, 2016, 12:41:38 am
No one answers you, and your memory serves you up a giant plateful of absolutely nothing. You can recall basic muscle memory functions, but nothing that gives you a clue about your origin or your current location.

After grabbed a suitable black jumpsuit and heavy coat, you belt on an odd looking machete. After looking through the rest of the weapons, it's the only thing you recognize and the only thing that even looks functional.

Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 09, 2016, 01:51:58 am
> Take anything else I might find to be of use, before continuing forward
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: Alpha on January 10, 2016, 11:26:53 am
You pick up an odd looking ball from a case of them. There's no clue on the box or the sphere itself as to its function.

Heading over to the door, you take a deep breath. There's no clue what awaits you out there. A sign catches your eye.

Please ensure you have the proper gear. The Chromatic Portal will close upon exit.

Sounds like youd better make sure you're finished here before heading outside.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 10, 2016, 01:49:52 pm
> Decide to be safe by heading back and approaching the other black door down the other hall, congratulating myself on being a smart trooper
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: Alpha on January 11, 2016, 11:03:53 am
You on back down the hall, feeking vaguely smug as you consider what an intelligent move this is.

The black door is the same as before. You reach out to it, and like the other it flies upward into the ceiling. Another corridor with similar equipment to the first is here, along with the same signs. Except one, that is. You lean forward to read it, noticing as you do so that this one is hand written.

Sa'laek? Mok norgal bryn

Looks like another language of some kind. A more familiar sign hangs opposite this one, urging you to make sure your Era is correct, whatever that means.

Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 11, 2016, 01:23:51 pm
> Feeling satisfied with my amount of preparation, exit through the Chromatic Portal
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: Alpha on January 12, 2016, 01:00:07 pm
Taking a deep breath, you wave a hand at the door.


A deep whirring sound can be heard, as well as the crackle of electricity. For a moment it seemed, like the ground was shaking, and with a crash, the door flew open.

The scene before is a strange one. Partially ruined buildings like both sides of a wide stone street. You cant see anyone walking around, but there seem to be signs of life here and there. Discarded trash that looks too new and such. The buildings themselves look odd to you, in a strange, archaic way. A weird mixture of past, present, and the far future all in one.

It's also dusk here, and the light has a curious color to it, like it's being filtered.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 12, 2016, 10:41:47 pm
> Advance forward, picking up the trash and inspecting it closely, before turning around to inspect the place I exited from
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: Alpha on January 12, 2016, 11:35:02 pm
You walk out of the Portal into the "City", looking for useful items among the debris. Nothing seems to catch your eye in particular.

You turn back to where you came from and are greeted with a rather surprising image: nothing. Wherever you came from, it's gone now. Only an empty, desolated building greets you there now.

You turn back to the wasteland in front of you. The wind begins to pick up, and you realize how empty everything is.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 13, 2016, 12:16:04 am
> Check the position of the sun, realizing that it would be advantageous to find shelter before nightfall, entering this empty desolate building and searching for materials that could be used to create a shelter or start a fire
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: Alpha on January 13, 2016, 11:47:59 pm
You look up at the fading sun with concern, guessing that you have perhaps an hour or so before darkfall.

With a sudden decisiveness of purpose, you head into the building directly to your left and promptly trip over something large and lumpy just inside the door.

A muffled voice calls out blearily: "fafglensid erhh??"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2016, 01:56:25 am
> Step back, putting a hand on my weapon

"Who's there!? Identify yourself!"
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: Alpha on January 15, 2016, 08:37:51 am
You hastily draw the machete, holding it in a guard position you don't remember learning. When you heard the voice your body seemed to act on its own, following commands you didn't give it. Curious.

The lump on the floor seemed to twist and writhe, obviously quite invigorated by both your voice and the boot shaped dust print on its middle. You assumed it was a person, but you weren't entirely sure. You weren't sure of much of anything in a world like this.

The lump finally threw up and large sheet of darkness, grunting as it did so. This fell away, revealing a rather thin man. Dark red hair, a neard, longish disheveled hair and an irritated expression is all you could make out in the dim light.

"What in the bat buggering 7 Hells d'you want, mate?" He growled.
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 15, 2016, 04:36:13 pm
"What is this place? What are you doing here?"

> Stay on guard in case this subject is hostile
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: Alpha on January 16, 2016, 12:31:32 am
The man seems to be confused; he blinks a few times, then falls back over on his back, mumbling.

He doesn't seem hostile, but you can't be entirely sure. Soon you hear snoring.

Should you try to rouse him again?
Title: Re: DraconicQuest
Post by: DraconicDescendant on January 17, 2016, 07:02:12 pm
> Carefully step over the man and try to make the best shelter I can here, seeing he's strangely exhausted and does not appear to be a threat