I Wanna Be The Forums!

General Category => General Games! => Topic started by: Velocity on November 02, 2010, 06:37:15 pm

Title: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 02, 2010, 06:37:15 pm
SilentLoner, a player is YOU!
This one will actually make sense, I've not got the entire plot yet, but I have enough to start on.
SL, you find yourself at the bottom of a hole, about 5 metres deep. You can get a good grip onto the sandy walls. You have a half-full waterskin on your belt, but you have no clothes save your shorts. You can't remember anything about yourself...at all.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 02, 2010, 06:47:36 pm
It's so hot. Remove my shorts, then climb up the walls.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 02, 2010, 06:50:58 pm
The sand is hot, you burn your stupidly exposed nether-regions and fall back down.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 02, 2010, 06:53:28 pm
Put my shorts back on and give it another shot.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 02, 2010, 07:00:01 pm
You climb up the sandy wall, your hands and feet are singed, even though the wall is in the shade. As you climb, you seem to notice the sand shifting, whether it's heat or dehydration you aren't sure.
You make it out of the hole, and examine your surroundings. In almost every direction you see nothing but sand on the horizon. In the distant north, however, you see a menacing looking mountain. Closer to you, you see several identical holes to yours. Also your feet are burning from the sand, yay.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 02, 2010, 07:08:07 pm
Run towards the nearest hole and peek down.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 02, 2010, 07:09:53 pm
At first you see nothing, just as you move your head to leave, a sparkle catches your eye below.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: ybbald on November 02, 2010, 07:15:59 pm
diamonds?
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 02, 2010, 07:21:00 pm
If the hole isn't too deep, descend and take a closer look at the shiny.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 02, 2010, 07:32:56 pm
You climb down the hole. In the hole are a sandle, a rotting foot with a sandal on it, and under some sand, the accusing shiny.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 02, 2010, 07:34:44 pm
Take both sandals and put them on, then wipe the sand off the shiny.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 03, 2010, 03:34:31 pm
The sandals fit you quite well. You dust the sand off the shiny.
It's a black gemstone, only 1 inch in diameter. It seems to emit a strange, faint glow.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 03, 2010, 03:35:43 pm
Take the gemstone, then climb back up and peek down another pit.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 03, 2010, 04:02:57 pm
You check another pit, but the bottom is completely empty, so is every other pit nearby.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 03, 2010, 05:38:29 pm
Head for the mountain.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 03, 2010, 05:48:35 pm
Your surroundings are barren as you head into the desolate sands. After a few hours, you begin to get very thirsty. Continue onwards to conserve your waterskin, or drink?
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 03, 2010, 05:50:16 pm
Drink a bit, but save some for later.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 03, 2010, 07:10:40 pm
You take a sip of the water, but immediately spit it back out as you shout in pain. You just had a small part of your tongue dissolved by acid! Your speech is slightly impaired.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 03, 2010, 07:13:58 pm
You bastard. Mutter angrily to myself for a bit, then press on.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 03, 2010, 07:42:37 pm
I get even more cruel.
Pressing on, the hot sun bearing down upon you as the sweat almost boils in your pours, you see three camel riders in the distance.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 03, 2010, 07:45:09 pm
Get their attention.

BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 03, 2010, 07:53:37 pm
You scream and shout, but with your weakened speech, they don't seem to hear you. You wave your arms around, tiringly, and eventually they turn and ride in your direction.
Three riders, wearing white hoods and with scimitars at their sides, are close to arriving. How do you greet them?
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 03, 2010, 07:55:06 pm
Flip them the bird.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Silver on November 03, 2010, 10:24:31 pm
Brilliant idea, that. Why do you assume your in a place where that symbol will be understood?
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 04, 2010, 01:39:57 pm
Brilliant idea, that. Why do you assume your in a place where that symbol will be understood?

The men don't seem to understand your gesture, probably a good thing. Two of the camels go behind you, you are circled by the three of them. The one in front begins to get off his camel.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 04, 2010, 04:40:23 pm
Wait and see what the man wants.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 04, 2010, 05:52:58 pm
Get gets off his camel and approaches you. He points at the waterskin on your belt and holds out his hand expectantly.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 04, 2010, 05:57:55 pm
Attempt to convey that the liquid in it is not suitable for drinking.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 04, 2010, 07:07:40 pm
He takes it as refusal and snatches it from you, downing the entire thing in one gulp. The reaction is immediate, he starts choking and screaming with an inhuman squawk as his throat is corroded. He staggers about for a few seconds while the other two react.
They're laughing their asses off.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 04, 2010, 07:16:19 pm
Quickly jack one of their camels while they laugh at their foolhardy comrade and ride off into the sunset.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 04, 2010, 07:22:20 pm
You're in plain sight, you lay a hand on the camel and immediately feel a blow to the back of your head.
(Good job screwing up the diplomatic route, it had a better storyline. XD)
You black out and wake up, bound and blindfolded, but not gagged.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 04, 2010, 07:42:44 pm
Squirm around for a bit.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 05, 2010, 04:07:23 pm
You squirm around, but gain nothing from it.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 05, 2010, 04:08:46 pm
Squirm some more.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 05, 2010, 04:15:12 pm
You continue to gain nothing. You start to feel hungry.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 05, 2010, 04:16:29 pm
Start eating the rope around my hands, assuming it's possible.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 05, 2010, 05:07:03 pm
It's impossible.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 05, 2010, 05:09:51 pm
Start yelling obscenities.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 05, 2010, 05:17:17 pm
Your sound provokes an immediate reaction. You can hear creaky floorboards above you, and a trap door opening.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 05, 2010, 05:19:01 pm
"GOD DAMN THIS GOD-FORSAKEN SHITHOLE!!!"
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 05, 2010, 05:31:33 pm
You hear two feet firmly landing on the ground. You are hoisted up by your neck and your blindfold is removed. You are face to face with the lizard who drank your acid.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 05, 2010, 05:35:34 pm
"...Nasty stuff, eh?"
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 05, 2010, 05:39:53 pm
He headbutts you in the nose.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 05, 2010, 05:40:44 pm
Hiss at him.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 05, 2010, 06:56:50 pm
You hiss and he headbutts you again.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 05, 2010, 07:13:14 pm
. . .

Headbutt him back.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 05, 2010, 08:18:58 pm
In his arrogance, he doesn't expect you to retaliate, either that or lizardmen don't take headbutts toobwell. He drops you and his trident and holds his head. He was holding you directly above his weapon. You are on the ground with the sharp points digging into you through your bonds.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 05, 2010, 08:22:03 pm
See if that cut the bonds enough to free myself, then take the trident.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 06, 2010, 08:24:07 am
You manage to get the bonds off your hands, but not your feet. The lizard doesn't notice, and reaches to lift you by the neck again.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 06, 2010, 10:29:50 am
Smack him in the head with the trident, assuming I had the chance to grab it. If not, uppercut him.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 06, 2010, 11:21:12 am
You uppercut him, taking him completely by surprise. He falls to the ground, you get the feeling that he isn't very intelligent.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 06, 2010, 11:30:09 am
Grab the trident and cut the bonds off my feet.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 06, 2010, 11:36:51 am
You do so, as the lizard begins to get up.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 06, 2010, 11:38:56 am
Now smack him in the head with the trident.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on November 06, 2010, 12:40:36 pm
He doesn't see it coming, yet again.
He drops to the ground unconscious.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on November 06, 2010, 12:45:05 pm
Loot his unconscious body, then look up.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 05, 2010, 08:36:25 pm
You loot the body, finding nothing of value but a silver pendant in the shape of a skull. You may take it and wear it if you chose to do so.
Looking up, you see the ladder leading up to a wooden trapdoor. There are crates and barrels beside the walls of the room.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 05, 2010, 08:40:08 pm
Jack dat shit, but don't wear it just yet. Try opening the crates and barrels to see if anything has been conveniently hidden in them.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 05, 2010, 08:47:33 pm
You rummage through the barrels and find lots of food supplies, there are grains, along with dried fruits and meats. You also find a backpack and a set of nomad's white robes. Try as you might, you can't see the inside of the hood.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 05, 2010, 09:01:51 pm
Stuff the backpack full of as much produce as possible, then don the white robes and backpack. Head on up, and take the trident with me.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 05, 2010, 09:12:19 pm
You take as much as you can without compromising movement.
You open up the trapdoor into the light of the near-full moon. Above you are a set of gallows with an empty noose. You've emerged out onto a raised wooden platform. Nearby are several huts, seeminly made out of hardened sand. Completely out of place, however, is a two-floored wooden building.
Between you and the buildings, about twenty hooded lizard-folk. They appear not to have noticed you.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 05, 2010, 09:20:14 pm
Try to make my way to the nearest hut without getting anyone's attention. If that's not possible, at least try to not arouse any suspicion.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 05, 2010, 09:41:32 pm
The crowd notices you as you stand up. You slink off in the direction of the nearest hut as the crowd jeers and laughs at you. You're several metres away from both the hut and the platform when you hear the trapdoor opening again. You turn around and see somebody beginning to climb down the ladder.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 05, 2010, 09:56:32 pm
OH SHIT

Lose any attention I may have and duck into the nearest hut.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 05, 2010, 10:31:53 pm
The hut is poorly furnished, with two hammocks on the floor and nothing else. You hide behind the doorway, moments pass until you hear a confused squawk from below.
At least now you can take pride in the fact that public opinion of that lizard is now even lower than it was when they thought they saw him leaving empty handed.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 05, 2010, 10:48:17 pm
Try to peek outside and see what the crowd is doing.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 05, 2010, 10:54:52 pm
There are no windows, and you've closed the door. The room is lit by a single torch at the far end of the room. You could probably take it.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 05, 2010, 11:02:00 pm
Take the torch, then quietly sneak back outside.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 06, 2010, 08:36:51 am
You exit the door, completely illuminated by your torch. Everyone in the crowd sees you.
You idiot.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 06, 2010, 01:13:40 pm
Well, you can't just tell me I can take something and expect me to ignore it, can you? It was totally worth it.

Wave at the lizardmen.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 06, 2010, 04:48:06 pm
You could have extinguished it and hid in the dark.
There's a silence for but a second. Another lizard comes up through the trapdoor, points at you, and screeches something. All eyes turn to you and the crowd runs in your direction.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 06, 2010, 05:05:51 pm
Yeah, but that would have made sense. Run in the opposite direction, foolishly keeping the torch with me.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 06, 2010, 05:34:55 pm
You run in the opposite direction, into the house you just left.
Woops.
The lizards get close to the doorway.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 06, 2010, 05:39:45 pm
Barricade the door and BURN ANOTHER WAY OUT
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 06, 2010, 05:41:16 pm
You have nothing to barricade the door with, and the house is made of sand.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 06, 2010, 06:00:38 pm
Fuck it, if I'm going out, I'm going out a crazy idiot. Charge out the door, swinging the torch like a madman.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 06, 2010, 06:06:46 pm
You knock down the fragile door, knocking over two people. The civilians in the crowd run like hell at the shock as three soldiers, armed with tridents, leave the large wooden building and start running towards you.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 06, 2010, 06:10:40 pm
OH SHIT

Run in the opposite direction. ...But not into another building, dammit. ...Or even the same damn building. >_>
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 06, 2010, 06:42:04 pm
You run as fast as you can out of the village, you get thirty metres away when you must clamber up a sandbank. You do so, and are too exhausted to run further. One lizard is a mtre away at the bottom of the sandbank, another ten metres behind.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 06, 2010, 06:48:47 pm
Chuck the torch at him. It's caused nothing but trouble for me.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 06, 2010, 06:52:02 pm
Through stupidity, you're actually a genius.
His robes catch fire, spreading extraordinarily quickly, he screams horribly as the other lizard starts to stomp out the fire.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 06, 2010, 06:57:32 pm
Quickly survey my surroundings for anything other than sand, sand and more bloody sand.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 07, 2010, 03:09:25 pm
You see the same formidable mountain in the distance, ever so slightly closer than before. About ten more metres away from you is a tumble-weed, still rooted. It looks ridiculously out of place, being the first vegetation you've seen.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 07, 2010, 06:13:24 pm
Rip the tumble-weed out of the ground. Or at least, give it a good attempt. >_>
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 07, 2010, 06:19:37 pm
The remaining lizard is halfway up the bank. You grab the tumbleweed and pull. It comes right out of the ground. However, you realise to your horror that it's stuck to you! The tumbleweed shakes and snarls as several fangs pierce the skin of your hands. You try to shake free, but it won't let go. The lizard is running in your direction with a cruel leer, his trident pointing towards you.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 07, 2010, 06:22:26 pm
Stop putting traps I can't resist, damn you. Kick the devil tumble-weed in the approaching lizard's direction.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 07, 2010, 07:51:07 pm
The tumbleweed won't release! The lizard catches up to you, grabs your trident off the ground, and points both at you.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 07, 2010, 07:54:47 pm
FUCK

Run like hell, with tumbleweed intact.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 07, 2010, 08:04:42 pm
Everything from the tumbleweed onwards is totally improvised.

You break into a run, tripping over what appears to be a stone grave, mostly buried under the sand. The lizard lifts up a trident as you look up helplessly.
: show
syndrome

: show
syndrome

: show
Suddenly, the stones beneath you shift, and you are thrown a metre to your left. A scaled hand reaches up from beneath the sand, grabbing the lizard by the ankle and knocking him over. He is shocked and terrified.
You can feel warmth and a faint vibration from the gemstone in yoyr pocket.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 07, 2010, 08:11:12 pm
Take out the gemstone, if I can.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 08, 2010, 03:52:46 pm
You remove it from your pocket and hold it up in the air, it hums louder. A second hand rises from the grave, choking the lizard as the first hand helps the creature climb out. A skeletal lizardman, rags of flesh and scale clinging to its bones, has risen from the dead. It lifts the living lizard in the air, kicking and screaming, and looks towards you, waiting.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 08, 2010, 06:46:30 pm
Wave my hand, trying to give the signal to throw that lizard off to the side.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 08, 2010, 06:58:16 pm
The zombie does exactly what you wanted it to. The lizard looks at you, looks at the zombie, and back again, and breaks off into a run to the village, he seems traumatised.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 08, 2010, 07:03:43 pm
Now, point at that damn tumbleweed.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 08, 2010, 07:08:17 pm
You can't point at it, but before you even gesture to it, the zombie is ripping it apart. You hear a shrill cry as the jaws loosen and it falls to the ground.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 08, 2010, 07:18:14 pm
I like where this is going. Start heading for the mountain, and signal for my new undead companion to follow.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 08, 2010, 07:26:42 pm
You walk away from the village with a trident, a bagpack of food, your life, and a skeletal lizardman. You walk on through the night for a few hours.
"You've visited the lizards, I see."
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 08, 2010, 07:27:58 pm
"Yeah. They weren't particularly friendly though, an-

...Wait a minute, who's there!?"

Look around and try to determine where the voice is coming from.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 08, 2010, 08:15:04 pm
"You don't remember my voice?"
A smiling man wearing shaman's clothing seems to appear in the corner of your eye.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 08, 2010, 08:25:24 pm
"Um... No, not really."
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 08, 2010, 08:36:25 pm
"So I was right, you've forgotten, at least you survived it. Lucky you."
You turn to look at him, but there is nobody there, you are alone once more. Turn to 178.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 08, 2010, 08:37:51 pm
Turn to 178.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 08, 2010, 08:45:18 pm
Suddenly, you die of every organ failure possible at once.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 08, 2010, 08:46:36 pm
Quickly go back to whatever page I was on. I didn't read that whole page, so that totally didn't count.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 08, 2010, 08:53:50 pm
I saw nothing.

You continue walking, and by sunrise, you're exhausted, you haven't had any sleep outside of comas for as long as you can remember. There is seems to be a wrecked caravan up ahead.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 08, 2010, 09:00:32 pm
Investigate the wreckage.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 08, 2010, 09:08:30 pm
The horse-drawn caravan looks oddly familiar, the wheels and windows are smashed, but the roof in intact. Inside is empty save for a very familiar looking quilt and pillow.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 08, 2010, 09:13:01 pm
Take the quilt and pillow. I can't help but feel they have some significance...
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 08, 2010, 09:27:15 pm
You pick them up, but soon after, you realise how tired you feel.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 08, 2010, 09:31:11 pm
Rest here, then.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Silver on December 09, 2010, 01:00:38 am
YOU FOOLISH FOOL!
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 09, 2010, 01:06:50 am
Thou art the fool!
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: DraconicDescendant on December 09, 2010, 01:09:48 am
These are babblings that only foolishly foolish fools under foolishly foolish delusions could conjure up. You foolishly foolish fools!
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Drew on December 09, 2010, 10:20:22 am
These are babblings that only foolishly foolish fools under foolishly foolish delusions could conjure up. You foolishly foolish fools!
...What?
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 09, 2010, 11:16:48 am
What the fuck happened to my thread? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzuzhfjXTCQ&feature=related)

You quickly fall asleep in the shade. You wake up in the caravan, under the same quilt. It seems to be moving.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 09, 2010, 01:57:21 pm
Take a look outside.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 09, 2010, 02:00:59 pm
You Get up and almost stand on somebody, you go to the front of the caravan. It's being pulled by two camels. holding the reigns is the shaman from last night.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 09, 2010, 02:02:43 pm
"You again? Where are we going?"
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 09, 2010, 02:05:24 pm
"Ah, you're up, good, I was starting to think you'd never come around. We're heading to the water hole, still got a few hours left. Now that we've tended to your concussion, maybe you can help us out with gathering the water."
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 09, 2010, 02:07:17 pm
"Certainly. ...But wait, wasn't this caravan wrecked?"
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 09, 2010, 02:08:59 pm
"What?"
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 09, 2010, 02:12:43 pm
"...Never mind. Perhaps it was just a dream..."

What the hell is going on here?

Check to see what I have with me.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 09, 2010, 07:47:49 pm
"We found you unconscious outside a distant village, you were pretty badly beaten, we took you with us and nursed you back to consciousness."
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 09, 2010, 07:48:54 pm
"I see. Thank you for your help. I'll do what I can to repay your kindness."
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 09, 2010, 08:10:14 pm
"You're welcome." He smiles.
You hear a yawn behind you.
"Oh, you're awake!" A brown haired girl exclaims. "I'm Jan, hi."
"Where's the other one?" The man smiles.
"Hah, he's harder to wake up than our new acquaintance."
"Well, stranger" The man turns to you. "I don't have a name anymore, but I'm a shaman, we're a dying breed these days. What can I call y-"
His question is interrupted by a thunderous screech, a dreadfully familiar one. Arrows and rocks are volleyed at the caravan, Jan is hit in the neck, she gurgles blood and is hit in the face with a rock, throwing her off the caravan. You hear a cry of pain from behind you as broken glass and arrows fly from the windows.
"Raiders, damn it! I'm not going down now!" The shaman snarls through gritted teeth.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 09, 2010, 08:11:59 pm
Shit!

Duck down and cover my head with my arms.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 09, 2010, 08:24:56 pm
Good job ninjaing my report, btw.

You feel the wheels being pelted with rocks. The camels take arrows to the legs and swerve in different directions, ripping off the reigns and sending the caravan flying forward by its own momentum. The shaman runs inside, crouches down, and hurries back with blood on his hands.
"He's dead, it's only us left!"
One of the wheels smashes, sending the caravan swerving into a rock. The rest of the wheels smash through the impact, you're thrown off the caravan, landing in the hot sand. Three lizards are there immediately, the shaman takes a trident through his face, as he collapses, another lizard stands over you, lifting his trident.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 09, 2010, 08:30:31 pm
Roll off to the side and quickly get to my feet. If I have enough time, headbutt the bastard.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 09, 2010, 08:35:43 pm
You try to roll, but come out short, the trident rushes to meet you.
You wake up in a cold sweat.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 09, 2010, 08:39:16 pm
It was all a dream? Or maybe... That was a lost memory? But wait, that shaman... Did he actually survive that?

Collect myself, then take a closer look at my surroundings.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 09, 2010, 08:46:54 pm
You walk out of the caravan, it's night. Your undead companion, still standing, follows behind you. In the close distance you see what appears to be a campfire with a sillhouette behind it.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 17, 2010, 07:03:36 pm
Bumped because SL has commitment issues.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 17, 2010, 07:18:54 pm
How did I miss that update? Approach said campfire.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 17, 2010, 07:32:38 pm
Because you were busy fapping at leekspin.
The sillhouette speaks.
"Remember me now?"
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 17, 2010, 07:35:05 pm
"Wait... Are you that shaman from that caravan?"
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 17, 2010, 07:40:41 pm
"I see you got the vision."
You get closer, and can see the man better in the firelight. He is dressed in simple cloth for his tunic and trousers, but wears a long fur cloak, leading up to a hood, fashioned from the head of a wolf, eyes, teeth and ears still intact.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 17, 2010, 07:42:05 pm
"...But wait. How did you survive?"
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 17, 2010, 07:55:39 pm
The man is silent for a few seconds, you approach closer, and he looks up at you. You see his face, his features look as if they've been chisel-cut. However, above his right eye, below his left eye, and on the bridge of his nose, are some very unusual points.
Three very deep, very grotesque, round wounds.
"You've made a very large assumption."
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 17, 2010, 08:01:10 pm
"...I see. But how are you here now, standing before me? Does it have something to do with this gemstone?"

Take out the gemstone and stare at it.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 17, 2010, 08:28:45 pm
"I'm sitting, but you're welcome to keep standing if you prefer to do so. Yes, I took some of the gemstones power for my own. I see you had no problems finding it."
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 17, 2010, 08:32:46 pm
Sit my lazy arse down.

"Yeah... It's helped me out quite a bit. I wonder how such a thing was created, though."
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 17, 2010, 08:43:51 pm
"Souls, human souls. That crystal imprisons probably several hundred of them. There would be many more, but I had to destroy them to avoid a more permanent fate. The other crystals, to my knowlege, are full."
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 17, 2010, 08:46:11 pm
"Wait, souls were used to make this thing? What the hell are we dealing with, here?"
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 17, 2010, 08:50:13 pm
"I see you've never dabbled in necromancy before. Undead constructs are usually supported by one or two spirits- three maximum. Your lizard friend standing behind you contains several hundred."
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 17, 2010, 08:51:24 pm
"Why so many?"
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 17, 2010, 08:54:27 pm
"These crystals are necromancy taken to the most extreme possible, and then a lot more. That also means many were killed in the creation of the crystals, none of them will ever find rest."
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 17, 2010, 08:57:03 pm
"So, destroying them wouldn't mean anything for these souls? There's nothing that can be done for their sake?"
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 17, 2010, 09:00:14 pm
"All that can be done is making sure these aren't used to end more innocent lives."
Suddenly, the shaman looks up, behind you.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 17, 2010, 09:01:01 pm
Roll to the left and turn towards whatever he's looking at.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 17, 2010, 09:07:53 pm
The campfire goes out behind you, two staggering figures run towards you in the dark. Your lizard zombie bares its claws.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 17, 2010, 09:08:47 pm
Point at the figures.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 17, 2010, 09:11:25 pm
The lizard continues standing as the figures run.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 17, 2010, 09:12:38 pm
...Well, shit. Run behind my undead companion.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 17, 2010, 09:17:54 pm
The two figures are close, one  dives at the lizard, knocking it over. You can hear them tearing eachother apart as the second figure does the same thing to you. You gasp in horror, the figure is female, a skeleton covered in mottled, rotting flesh. Half the face is exposed to the bone, and the skull is cracked.
Sticking out of it's neck, an arrow.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 17, 2010, 09:19:37 pm
"JAN! STOP THIS!" Try to kick Jan off myself.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 17, 2010, 09:24:35 pm
She does not respond. She rips a chunk of flesh from your shoulder as you kick her. Your knee meets her savagely in the rips. She falls off you, but begins to get back up immediately. You see, a few feet away, your trident by the ashen campfire.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 17, 2010, 09:29:33 pm
Grab the trident, then impale the crazy bitch.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 17, 2010, 09:34:47 pm
You scurry forward, grabbing the trident and immediately thrust it behind you, just as Jan dives headfirst towards you. Her mutilated head splits in two, and she falls to to ground, lifeless. (So to speak.)
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 17, 2010, 09:36:31 pm
See how my undead buddy is faring.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 17, 2010, 09:42:01 pm
The two zombies are rolling around, ripping pieces from each other, you cannot tell who is winning. You do, however, notice the shards of glass lodged into the chest of your foe, and his missing foot.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 17, 2010, 09:47:37 pm
Wait for the perfect opportunity to impale the enemy.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 17, 2010, 09:56:24 pm
You do so, but not before your enemy rips an arm off the lizard. You run him through, he doesn't get back up.
The lizard does, he stands before you, one-armed, for several seconds, before a pile of bones on the ground float towards it, rearranging themselves into an entire hand and arm, joining onto the lizard's body.
The campfire lights up again.
"Not bad." The newly appeared shaman smiles.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 17, 2010, 10:01:58 pm
"So, I don't have absolute over undead beings, then?"
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 18, 2010, 10:03:45 am
"No, I'd guess the weakened crystal can only control one at a time. My old companions, however, were under somebody else's control."
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 18, 2010, 11:44:46 am
"Somebody else... So, we have a necromancer in our midst."
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 18, 2010, 12:47:03 pm
"He's nowhere near us."
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 18, 2010, 12:59:09 pm
"Do you know where he is, then?"
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 18, 2010, 01:55:11 pm
The Shaman points towards the mountain in the distance.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 18, 2010, 01:57:02 pm
"Well, I suppose we should go take care of him. Although, we really need to prepare before heading off..."
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 18, 2010, 02:46:16 pm
"I'm in no state to go anywhere. I'll appear to you again, but first I need to tell you the whole story."
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 18, 2010, 02:46:43 pm
"Alright, go on."

Take a seat.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 18, 2010, 03:31:40 pm
"There are five of those crystals, created by the Shade Lord Xembran. He's an old enemy of mine. The lizards are his mercenaries. He's had them kill thousands of innocent people and leave them in those pits, stealing their souls to power the crystals."
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 18, 2010, 03:40:23 pm
"So, he was responsible for the caravan attack, then?"
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 18, 2010, 03:45:15 pm
"Yes, and many others. Only if we collect all five of the crystals can we put all these spirits out of their misery, and stop further attacks. I already found the first crystal, which I why the caravan was attacked. I hid it in the man's pocket when I ran back into the room, they didn't find it, and it fell out of his pocket when they threw him in head first. Just like I planned. I don't know how you survived, but I suspect it has something to do with the crystal."
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 18, 2010, 03:54:14 pm
"Alright, do you have any idea where we can find the others?"
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 18, 2010, 04:07:02 pm
"Yes, keep heading North, and I will guide you when the time is right."
The Shaman disappears, and the fire goes out.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 18, 2010, 04:31:46 pm
Head north, as he said.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 18, 2010, 04:58:07 pm
You continue heading north in the dark, your lizard following. After an hour, you feel tired all over again, due to your short, restless sleep earlier in the night. You reach a large rock, a crude door closed on its face.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 18, 2010, 04:59:57 pm
Get up to the door and try to listen for any noises from within the rock.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 18, 2010, 05:25:47 pm
You hear nothing.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 18, 2010, 06:03:54 pm
Knock on the door, three times.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 18, 2010, 06:33:42 pm
There is no reply.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 18, 2010, 06:36:57 pm
Manhandle the door knob.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 18, 2010, 06:53:54 pm
You do so.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 18, 2010, 06:55:48 pm
Get through dat door.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 18, 2010, 06:56:27 pm
You try, but you forgot to open it.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 18, 2010, 06:57:36 pm
Burst through the damn door, then. I grow weary of this tomfoolery.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 18, 2010, 07:06:55 pm
You burst through the door, falling onto your face. (28/30 HP Remaining- Yes, I'm using HP now. No more easy mode)
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 18, 2010, 07:15:10 pm
You cruel bastard. :(

Examine my surroundings.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 18, 2010, 10:45:30 pm
Now, the real game starts.
Chapter 1: The Necromancer
The door opens into a narrow corridor with rough stone walls. You follow the torchlit path around a U-Turn, and down a long, gentle slope. The cavern widens out slightly, leading to a similar wooden door. Leaning against the wall are assorted weapons. You can clearly hear drunken yelling and manic laughing from behind the door.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 18, 2010, 10:49:47 pm
Take all the weapons, if possible. If not, let me know what kinds there are.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 18, 2010, 11:11:20 pm
Keep a track of your inventory on your first post.
Currently you have:
Nomad's Robes (Weather Immunity, Weakness to Fire +100%)
Trident (3-4 Damage, Two-Handed)
Rations x20 (Heal 10hp out of combat)
Skull Pendant (Necklace, Unknown)
Death Crystal (Charge:10¦Recharge:1)

Leaning against the wall are:
Rusty Iron Helmet (20% chance to reduce physical damage recieved by 1)
Scimitar x2(2-3 damage, One-Handed)
Wooden Club (1-2 damage, One-Handed, 10% chance to stun on strike)
Wooden Shield (10% chance to ignore blockable physical attack, Weakness to Fire +20%, allows access to defensive abilities.)
Dagger (1-2 damage, One-Handed, +2 damage bonus to both weapons if used at end of turn, and you are not targetted.)

You may only carry two sets of weapons and two sets of armour. Additionally, your minion can carry a set of weapons, but no armour.
Typed on DSi.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 18, 2010, 11:21:02 pm
Give my trident to my minion and take the Wooden Club, Dagger and Rusty Iron Helmet for myself.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 18, 2010, 11:26:04 pm
I forgot to mention, you can dual-wield. A weapon set is a two-handed weapon, two one-handed weapons, a one handed weapon and a shield/off-hand, or even two shields/off-hands. The minion has seperate restrictions, and you can swap weapons with it outside of combat.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 18, 2010, 11:30:47 pm
I figured that I could, but didn't realize two one-handed weapons counted as one set. In that case, I'll take a scimitar and the wooden shield as well.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 18, 2010, 11:42:38 pm
You can swap weapons in combat, but take a turn to do so. It takes two turns to swap weapons with a minion, but damage to either of you will drop the weapon being given to the one damaged, requiring another turn to pick it up.
While using the wooden shield, you gain access to:
Shield Bash: Attack target for half damage, but stun them for the turn.
Block: Block all blockable attacks made against you for the turn.
Guard: Block all blockable attacks made against an ally for the turn.

While using the club, you gain access to:
Berserk: Deal double damage for one turn, but be stunned for the next.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 18, 2010, 11:46:40 pm
Equip the dagger and wooden club, then proceed through the door (after manhandling the door knob).
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2010, 09:56:25 am
It's a handle, your fetish is a lie. In what way do you proceed through?
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 19, 2010, 01:09:26 pm
...Actually, just point at the door and let my minion take whatever tactic he wants.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2010, 01:25:33 pm
Your minion does nothing.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 19, 2010, 01:26:44 pm
Lazy bastard. Alright, open the door, then quickly duck to the side.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2010, 02:07:16 pm
You can loudly hear laughter and shouting as you open the door. After a few seconds, a loud yell drowns out the other sounds, and the room falls silent. You minion is standing right behind the doorway.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 19, 2010, 02:56:22 pm
Peek inside the room.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2010, 05:23:02 pm
You peek. The room has rough, grey walls. At three corners of the room are three blankets. In the centre is a table, with three figures at it. You do not get a close look at the figures, as immediately, the table is knocked over, sending cards flying into the air.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 19, 2010, 07:26:30 pm
"...I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?"
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2010, 07:44:02 pm
You equip the iron helmet, since I can't remember whether you took it or not. The hood of your robes is optional, you can also wear a helmet.
You make out the three figures. Two of them are slightly shorter than you, hunched over, and green, one wearing a helmet like yours. The third is much taller, much larger, and even more ugly. One of the goblins shouts something to the other, and the other slaps the troll across the face and screams abuse as the first one charges towards you in the doorway. He is completely unarmed, but his intent is clear.

You are taken aback by the sudden charge, Goblin One gets in a punch before you can react. He hits you square in the gut for 1 damage. Due to your positioning, it's between you and the goblin, should you not make a tactical retreat.

You (27/30)
Goblin One (20/20)
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 19, 2010, 08:03:43 pm
Ooh, forgot to do that. Anyways, KILL
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 19, 2010, 08:12:48 pm
I need a way to decide random outcomes on a DSi, in bed, in a dark room, without leaving the posting screen. Otherwise battles will have to wait until daytime.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 21, 2010, 06:21:29 pm
You strike the Goblin for 1 damage with your club and 1 damage with your dagger (18/20 Remaining)
The goblin runs into the room.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 21, 2010, 06:34:24 pm
Point at the retreating bugger.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 21, 2010, 06:43:27 pm
You successfully point. The troll  throws a stool at you, shattering on impact. Your helmet takes the blow, but you still take 4 damage. You are knocked down as the two goblins run through the doorway.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 22, 2010, 07:21:06 pm
Worthless minion. Get back up and slice that troll up.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 23, 2010, 08:41:36 am
You begin to get up. The two goblins each do 1 damage to your minion (28/30 remaining.) It strikes one with its trident for 3 damage (15/20)
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 26, 2010, 04:35:17 pm
Have me and my minion gang up on that same goblin.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on December 27, 2010, 10:24:27 am
Your minion strikes the same Goblin for 4 damage (11/20)
The two goblins attack the minion again (26/30)
You attack the same Goblin for 3 damage. (8/20)
The Troll bursts through the doorway and smacks you with its massive arm for 4 damage (19/30)
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on December 28, 2010, 05:32:31 pm
Not feeling too creative right now. Just rinse and repeat.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on January 14, 2012, 07:58:47 pm
...So, should we continue this off in a manner that's hopefully not so bland on my part? I really need to find some creativity. >_>
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on January 14, 2012, 08:11:28 pm
HOLY SHIT YOU'RE BACK. IWBTF IS SAVED.

I've got a lot better at this in the past year-and-two-months. I'll continue this, but let me figure out where I was going with it again.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: SilentLoner on January 14, 2012, 08:13:14 pm
That, and I should try to think of something other than herp attack derp.
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Neko Desu on January 14, 2012, 08:47:27 pm
Put this into I Wanna be the Kwest
Title: Re: SilentNomad
Post by: Velocity on January 14, 2012, 08:50:50 pm
I dropped the ball by creating a combat system that revolved around auto-attacks and random chance. I'll be scrapping that completely.