I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Author Topic: Birdo item  (Read 3519 times)

Robodiablo

• View Profile
Birdo item
« on: March 22, 2008, 04:58:28 pm »

Okay.. I am having trouble with one of the secret items.

It's the one that's right before birdo where you have to double jump to get it. For some reason I can't make the jump

Any help?

unreal

• View Profile
Re: Birdo item
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 05:00:30 pm »

Just keep trying and time your jumps correctly. If you can't get it just post your save and someone will help you.  :P

Supa

• <3
    • View Profile
    • Supa's deviantArt Gallery
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 05:24:54 pm »

Actually, even if you post your save, you can't get it for him. Since the item doesn't save on the save file itself. Once you get the item, it creates another file that will be in your save folder.

Anyways, the tip:

When you double jump, try to land somewhere in the middle of the platform the moon is about to destroy. Then, time your jump so that you hit the edge of the ledge that you have to get to. From there, The Kid should automatically boost up due to momentum. Keep holding right the whole time. That's how I got there. Oh, and when you do get on the ledge, jump to the left and shoot the save, before the bullet lands on the save, jump quickly back onto the ledge. This will ensure that you spawn on the ledge even if you die (yes, you will die in case you haven't figured it out already). If you're confused about how to save there, this video might help you out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ7VnP-kjr8

Just scroll to the Ghosts and Goblins area (it should be the second section of the video) and he'll demonstrate how to save there, and if you're interested, how to get the item.

I hope this has helped.

unreal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 05:48:20 pm »

Actually, even if you post your save, you can't get it for him. Since the item doesn't save on the save file itself. Once you get the item, it creates another file that will be in your save folder.
I was talking about him giving the save so someone could save up on the ledge that leads to the secret item.

Robodiablo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 06:29:49 pm »

Thanks guys.. I'll try at it again later. Hah. Just beat the game on Hard : DD

Supa

• <3
    • View Profile
    • Supa's deviantArt Gallery
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 07:28:18 pm »

Cool, I'm sure you'll be able to get the items.

Verg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 08:51:17 am »

Same problem, actually. I watched the video, and it seems that that guy doesnt have to jump as high as i do. Also In the game over room there was no item. Are those items only avail in the newest version or so?

SilentLoner

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 10:57:15 am »

Yes, you need to download a newer version of the game to be able to find the secret items.