I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: A concise, (almost) spoilerless walkthrough  (Read 4588 times)

Polari

• View Profile
A concise, (almost) spoilerless walkthrough
« on: March 22, 2008, 07:17:17 pm »

When I first played IWBTG, there were a few times I wanted to ask someone "I'm stuck - but don't give me any details, just tell me where I should go next". This walkthrough attempts to do exactly that. I mean, answer that question, not ask that. Hopefully it will help someone.

First of all, use 'S' to skip cutscenes. As of writing this, it still isn't mentioned in the how-to-play, and you WILL want to do that in a couple of places later. Also, while it's not strictly necessary to do stuff exactly like I say, I highly recommend this order for your first playthrough.

Start by going up from the first screen. If you get to the game over -room (you'll know it when/if you see it), yes, it's a dead-end. The correct path is to another direction from the screen with your last save point. From there just keep going onward until you teleport back to the beginning.

Next, go left from the first screen. After a boss fight, in the next screen after the save point, there are two paths you can take. Pick the more obvious one going forward. Keep going until you're back in the beginning again. Now tackle that other path. The fastest way to get there is to teleport to that boss right before the junction (you should know or at least guess how by now), or you can go down from the first screen and through a couple of rooms you'd otherwise miss. Your choice.

After finishing that path, you'll enter the next area. From now on it will be straigthforward with only a couple of places that might confuse you, and which I can't describe without going into detail. Spoiler tags follow.

In the
Labyrinth of The Guy
, there are
several dead-ends with magikoopas and one correct path onward. If you can't seem to find it, just check all the possible screens you can exit to. The real exit is surprisingly the one that's hardest to get to. Draw a map if you can't figure it out otherwise.
Finally, in the very end,
yes, you can use the EVIL save point, you just need to shoot it a few times first. Even IWBTG isn't sadistic enough to make you go through that tower every time you die against The Guy.

So... that's it. Suggestions welcome. Feel free to distribute if you liked it.

BJ Blazkowicz

• View Profile
    • FarazParsa.TK
Re: A concise, (almost) spoilerless walkthrough
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 09:07:27 am »

You should know, all spoiler tags do is make sure the person reads the text. It's like an anti-spoiler tag.

Polari

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 11:51:32 am »

It's the thought that counts.

7inchflame

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 05:06:04 pm »

i like this idea