I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Westboro Baptist Church  (Read 13282 times)

Mort, the Lonely

• ¡Lamerator!
  • Least Powerful Moderator
    • View Profile
Westboro Baptist Church
« on: December 09, 2010, 03:43:13 pm »

Okay, this isn't a Rage = Lose thread, but what I'm about to post will have that effect.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/12/09/kansas.edwards.picket/index.html

And if you're fortunate enough to not know who the Westborough Baptist Church are, these people picket the funerals of soldiers, claiming they'll go to hell for 'being faggots', and even picketed the 2010 San Diego Comic-Con for 'worshipping false idols'.

It's hard to believe their are people out there like this. This is sort of a freedom of speech issue.

On the one hand, I'm for it (see Wikileaks), on the other, I'm against it (see this group of wankers), and I can't have it both ways.

Do you think this protest should be halted by the government? Should it be allowed through for 'freedom of speech'?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 03:56:20 pm by That Fucking Candlejack »
“Oh my god if Mort came back I am so going to kill someone.”

Kitty

• What a furry.
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • ねこみみん is happy.
    • View Profile
Re: Westboro Baptist Church
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 04:37:40 pm »

Freedom of speech already has the provision of not putting people in danger (ergo no shouting FIRE in a movie theater) so I don't see any reason why it couldn't also be restricted against purposefully antagonistic behaviour, if that makes sense.
So adorable! <333
Quote from: Zuks
Quote from: Cat
I think it's raining.
Are you sure there isn't just some weird sky leak above your head?

Mort, the Lonely

• ¡Lamerator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 04:59:03 pm »

Freedom of speech already has the provision of not putting people in danger (ergo no shouting FIRE in a movie theater) so I don't see any reason why it couldn't also be restricted against purposefully antagonistic behaviour, if that makes sense.

Thing is Kitty, local police sent SWAT to their picketing of a funeral of a war hero, which was gonna draw a crowd against the church, to PROTECT these people.

Nobody has stopped them from doing what they do, and they've been doing it for decades. The most action we've seen against these people was a bunch of nerds cosplaying ganging up on them in San Diego and running them off.

ybbald

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 06:38:07 pm »

You can't force stupid to stop being stupid. You can only try to educate stupid

Kwiftee

• R ANGRY
  • That guy who's always ranting about stuff.
    • View Profile
    • http://no
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 07:00:35 pm »

Well no, but you can force stupid people to stop talking. It's just whether or not that's fair.
zyxfrlpso
Quote from: Yuletideriz
My god, if I could shit gold and I give it to you, you would still bitch because it was technically crap.
how about you GO ON IRC RIGHT NOW PLEASE

Velocity

• And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 07:31:33 pm »

They're not a religion, they're a hate cult. I think these sorry excuses for humans are already banned from the UK. Heard of them when I saw a documentary about their family, "The most hated family in America" and lost on grounds of rage. It's probably on Youtube.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 08:59:08 pm by Count Nobody »

Indigo Blue

• That fucking chilean dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 07:44:37 pm »

you forgot to say that they also picket funerals of homosexuals, people who died from AIDS, jews (i dunno if that is the correct way to say it) and people who support homosexuals
"im going to write this here so i dont have to say it always:
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH"

Neko Desu

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 08:14:13 pm »

Quote from: FAGGOT
"You can't preach the Bible without preaching the hatred of God."

Even my religious friends have raged at this.

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 09:02:15 pm »

Off topic: They have their fucking picket schedule on their websites (http://www.godhatesfags.com.)
Why the hell hasn't Anonymous hijacked their entire tour yet?

Neko Desu

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 11:46:54 pm »

Off topic: They have their fucking picket schedule on their websites (http://www.godhatesfags.com.)

I cannot access that website.

Mort, the Lonely

• ¡Lamerator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 02:34:38 pm »

I cannot access that website.

You mean you can't get on or refuse to do so?

Just so everyone fully understands what the police and freedom of speech is protecting here, here's what they have on their 'About The WBC' page.

Since 1955, WBC has taken forth the precious from the vile, and so is as the mouth of God (Jer. 15:19). In 1991, WBC began conducting peaceful demonstrations opposing the fag lifestyle of soul-damning, nation-destroying filth.

In response, america bombed WBC, sued WBC, prosecuted WBC, burned WBC. God is now america's enemy: 5,854 dead soldiers; 218,400,000+ gals. of oil in the Gulf; $13.9 trillion+ national debt. "Arise, O LORD, in thine anger...because of the rage of mine enemies..." (Ps 7:6)

america crossed the line on June 26, 2003, when the Supreme Court ruled in Lawrence v. Texas that we must respect sodomy. WBC's gospel message is your last hope.

Established in 1955 by Pastor Fred Phelps, the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) of Topeka, Kansas still exists today as an Old School (or, Primitive) Baptist Church. We adhere to the teachings of the Bible, preach against all form of sin (e.g., fornication, adultery [including divorce and remarriage], sodomy), and insist that the sovereignty of God and the doctrines of grace be taught and expounded publicly to all men. These doctrines of grace were well summed up by John Calvin in his 5 points of Calvinism: Total Depravity, Unconditional Election, Limited Atonement, Irresistible Grace, and Perseverance of the Saints. Although these doctrines are almost universally hated today, they were once loved and believed. Even though the Arminian lies that "God loves everyone" and "Jesus died for everyone" are being taught from nearly every pulpit in this generation, this hasn't always been the case. If you are in a church that supposedly believes the Bible, and you are hearing these lies, then your church doesn't teach what the Bible teaches. If you care about your never-dying soul, you will carefully read every word of this web site, along with the entire Bible.

WBC engages in daily peaceful sidewalk demonstrations opposing the homosexual lifestyle of soul-damning, nation-destroying filth. We display large, colorful signs containing Bible words and sentiments, including: GOD HATES FAGS, FAGS HATE GOD, AIDS CURES FAGS, THANK GOD FOR AIDS, FAGS BURN IN HELL, GOD IS NOT MOCKED, FAGS ARE NATURE FREAKS, GOD GAVE FAGS UP, NO SPECIAL LAWS FOR FAGS, FAGS DOOM NATIONS, THANK GOD FOR DEAD SOLDIERS, FAG TROOPS, GOD BLEW UP THE TROOPS, GOD HATES AMERICA, AMERICA IS DOOMED, THE WORLD IS DOOMED, etc.

Perceiving the modern militant homosexual movement to pose a clear and present danger to the survival of America, exposing our nation to the wrath of God as in 1898 B.C. at Sodom and Gomorrah, WBC has conducted 44,723 such demonstrations since June, 1991, at homosexual parades and other events, including funerals of impenitent sodomites (like Matthew Shepard) and over 400 military funerals of troops whom God has killed in Iraq/Afghanistan in righteous judgment against an evil nation. (See a list of cities where WBC has picketed, the letter to the Topeka mayor that set off the Great Gage Park Decency Drive, and read our FAQ for more information). America crossed the line on June 26, 2003, when the Supreme Court (the conscience of the nation) ruled that we must respect sodomy. WBC teams have picketed all over the United States, and internationally (including Canada, Jordan and Iraq). The unique picketing ministry of Westboro Baptist Church has received international attention, and WBC believes this gospel message to be this world's last hope. WBC has been the subject of several documentary films. For example, the BBC's "The Most Hated Family In America," "Keith Allen Will Burn In Hell", "Hatemongers", "Fall From Grace", and "The Significant Minority."

For more information about WBC, feel free to attend one of our weekly church meetings. We are located at 3701 W. 12th Street in Topeka, KS. Regular service time is on Sunday at 12:00 p.m. (Central time).

"McAlester High School in McAlester, OK    December 10, 2010  2:45 PM - 3:15 PM

WBC to picket McAlester High School to remind this nation that the parents and teachers raise these brute beasts they call children for the devil himself. From the womb, they are taught that it is OK to be gay, that God is a liar and you do not have to obey Him, and that you can mistreat His servants with impunity. As a result, they grow up to break the laws of God and man when they engage in vandalism against the humble servants of God from WBC.

Obadiah 15 "For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head."

The Lord God shall repay you to your face on the Day of Judgment for mistreating His prophets. 

Proverbs 3:33 "The CURSE of the LORD is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just."

I now honestly believe the Trollface is a self portrait of Fred Phelps.

Yule

• Chaotic Evil Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Ooh La La
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 02:54:06 pm »

Don't you go to Hell for being an asshole? Someone should ask them that.
"I'm pretty sure the microwave fucks with my internet, hold on for like a minute thirty to microwave my spaghetti." - Rob Lineback 2014

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 03:11:23 pm »

Just found the documentary again, it's a good watch. Rage = Lose, you'll lose many times.

Mort, the Lonely

• ¡Lamerator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 03:12:04 pm »

Don't you go to Hell for being an asshole? Someone should ask them that.

On their main site, they have a picture up thanking god for BREAST CANCER

Velocity

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 03:26:42 pm »

Looking at their schedule, they've had four pickets today. Two of them at schools, one of them at a marine base, and one at the city hall.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7