I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Author Topic: Special Strategies  (Read 2592 times)

Kinata

• What, we're supposed to play games for FUN?
    • View Profile
Special Strategies
« on: December 30, 2010, 03:42:55 pm »

In many rooms of the game, there is likely more than one way to win to succeed, and one way is probably more reliable than the other. If you've found any cool strategies that you either discovered or you feel are underused, post them here. You should probably check a few videos first to make sure it isn't that well known.

Also, if you have any useful techniques, like how to help you shoot faster, post those here as well.

My favorite trick is the cursor trick. If you have a tough jump or double jump to do (for example, the flashing warhead after Mecha Birdo), place your cursor where you need to the jump and use it to help with your timing. Just play around with different cursur locations (use the background or blocks and spikes as a reference) until you find one that works. This helps in rooms like the 2 screens following Mecha Birdo, Link, the Final Tower of the Guy, and the screen after the KKK.

I have more, I'll post them later.
Disclaimer:

This author is not responsible for any headaches, frustration, blindness, high blood pressure, or suicides resulting from this post.

Read at your own risk.

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
Re: Special Strategies
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 06:18:45 pm »

The 'cursor trick' also works when attempting to jump on invisible blocks or certain areas, although generally it'll take a death or two to get right.
Ybbald: I read that as "deadly venser"
Ybbald: and I was like
Ybbald: "when is venser NOT deadly?"

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 05:37:22 am »

There's alwas the cheat keys. B on the titlescreenbto access boss rush, J to skip the guys tower (older builds) and E+N+D to skip the guy. There's more but I forget.

These aren't exactly special strategies but thy are other ways to win the room.

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 04:51:42 am »

Yknow what I wasn't aware of that special strategy.

Kinata

• What, we're supposed to play games for FUN?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 08:14:55 pm »

I sense a lack of interest in this. But I'm not surprised.

Um, I'll just give some advice on the Road to the Guy. Most of these are probably somewhat well known. At the beginning of the second section, instead of staying on the cart and trying to kill cheep-cheeps, jump forward and run forward constantly shooting. Whenever the cart catches up, jump forward again.

At the beginning of the third section, in that first floating metal/jump pad thing, instead of using the detached part of the pad and risking going downwards into that spike, it is better to walk off onto the attached part of the yellow pad, where there is no risk. It took me a while to figure this out, even though it seems so obvious now.

Finally, here's one for that last part, with those several jump pads in a row. When you reach the first jump pad, wait a few seconds for the cart to move forward. Don't walk all the way into the jump pad; optimally you're just touching it with your face. For some reason, you go further by doing this. During this section, hold down the shift button to preserve your double jump. Finally, after the last jump, you'll either go upwards or down. Obviously, if you go up, just use the floating pad, but if you go down, use your double jump to reach the land.
Disclaimer:

This author is not responsible for any headaches, frustration, blindness, high blood pressure, or suicides resulting from this post.

Read at your own risk.