I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 73

Author Topic: Work in Progress Thread.  (Read 209481 times)

core

• pls come back
    • View Profile
Re: Work in Progress Thread.
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2011, 04:36:27 pm »

LOLOLOL Right. Silly me.
Join the official IWBTF discord server!
Quote from: Yb
That was fucking obnoxious

Berry Punch

• Kitty's BFF
  • 40 proof noggererer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2011, 08:31:06 pm »

http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=7897.0

I would really like to get some critique, as to what should be done differently, what needs to be fixed, ideas/suggestions, anything.
I do consider it to be at least worthy of playing for a little bit... but with 80 something downloads, it doesn't seem anyone cares with all of the other stuff that sucks.
Download this [ABANDONED] shit that nobody cares about: I wanna be PHAT!

core

• pls come back
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 08:25:25 am »

I just downloaded this, playing now, I'll tell you what I think about it later.

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 04:00:30 pm »

I would really like to get some critique, as to what should be done differently, what needs to be fixed, ideas/suggestions, anything.
I do consider it to be at least worthy of playing for a little bit... but with 80 something downloads, it doesn't seem anyone cares with all of the other stuff that sucks.

I played through the first two screens of the VVVVVV section, which was pretty cool. I can't figure out what you're supposed to do after the ghost chases you though. It appears to be a dead end.

Anyway, here are the other problems I noticed
* The Z/X controls are a little odd. I'd recommend sticking with Shift/Z so that people used to IWBTG can figure it out more easily.
* The game lags horribly when you die. You should reduce the amount of blood a bit.
* Some of the areas in VVVVVV don't give you a double jump when you stand on them, making it unnecessarily difficult.
* In the second screen of VVVVVV, part of the level can be easily bypassed. I'm not sure if this is intentional.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 04:02:29 pm by Storyyeller »

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2011, 04:08:34 pm »

I've played through two aswell but didn't go in the ghost room. I found it fun and the gravity thing was great fun. It's definately on its way too being a good game ;D

Storyyeller you can change the controls ;D

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 04:13:41 pm »

But that's still no reason to use nonstandard defaults.

You don't see many FPSs using ESDF for movement either, regardless of whether it can be changed.

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2011, 04:15:00 pm »

Good point actually. An inside controls editor would be cool and easy to code.

core

• pls come back
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2011, 05:00:34 pm »

* The Z/X controls are a little odd. I'd recommend sticking with Shift/Z so that people used to IWBTG can figure it out more easily.
* The game lags horribly when you die. You should reduce the amount of blood a bit.
* Some of the areas in VVVVVV don't give you a double jump when you stand on them, making it unnecessarily difficult.
* In the second screen of VVVVVV, part of the level can be easily bypassed. I'm not sure if this is intentional.
I'd like to add:
* If you double jump into the laser thing that changes your gravity, you'll get stuck in it.
It's damn annoying. Fix that. NAO.

RetroHedgehog

• (Forum Fangame Tester!) Will yours be original?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2011, 05:41:20 pm »

Hello Ive Joined This Thread To Upload News About Classics Can Anyone Help Me Upload An Image The File Size Is Too Big But The Last One I Uploaded Was The Same Size Well It Should Have Been Both Of Them Where Taken By Game Makers F9 Shortcut But The New One Wont Upload Help PLX
Current Project:I Wanna Be The Adventurer (Hold)
Project Helping:I Wanna Be The Retro (Old)
Favourite Fangame:I Wanna Be The Ultimatum

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2011, 05:44:51 pm »

print screen , paste to paint and crop.

RetroHedgehog

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2011, 05:52:22 pm »

No Its Not The Size Of Picture Aparently Its File Size At The Moment Its 248KB And I Cant Upload It :( Oh Well

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2011, 05:55:57 pm »

Yeah cropping would reduce the size of the file.

RetroHedgehog

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2011, 05:59:15 pm »

NO NO NO I DID AND IT DIDNT REDUCE COULD U TELL ME A WEBSITE I COULD UPLOAD IT TO :)

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2011, 05:59:50 pm »

ImageShack :L

Berry Punch

• Kitty's BFF
  • 40 proof noggererer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2011, 06:06:54 pm »

I played through the first two screens of the VVVVVV section, which was pretty cool. I can't figure out what you're supposed to do after the ghost chases you though. It appears to be a dead end.

I'd like to add:
* If you double jump into the laser thing that changes your gravity, you'll get stuck in it.
It's damn annoying. Fix that. NAO.
Good point actually. An inside controls editor would be cool and easy to code.

Actually, it's not a dead end. Fall down the pit and at the very bottom to the right spikes disappear. Move onto the next area, because you're only in room 2 of about 12.
I'll fix the controls, i only put them like that to avoid sticky keys. I'll also fix the blood amount in the game, the reason it lags is probably because the background is moving.
To explain the gravity switching engine a bit, you can only flip gravity by pressing space on solid ground or by hitting a gravity flip bar. Can you be more specific as to what area?
And yes, the gravity engine does need some work, because I had to use timers to get the thing to work correctly. Too short timer = stuck as soon as you hit it, no way out, too long timer = next one you hit you fall through. It's a very fine boundary to get right and I can't think of any other method to make it work the same way only better.
And I think that I made that part intentional, the game should get harder as it goes along, no?
Also, I'll try to make a controls editor.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:12:11 pm by Zolamann »
Download this [ABANDONED] shit that nobody cares about: I wanna be PHAT!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 73