I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: ALPHA 0.5 - I wanna be the ultimate hero - New Alpha 2015/03/20  (Read 49537 times)

[redacted]

• View Profile
Re: I wanna be the ultimate hero - New Alpha 3.0
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2011, 07:13:16 pm »

F**k this computer

LudorExperiens

• I didn't get raped in IWBTB
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2011, 07:18:27 pm »

F**k this computer
Must be the dll which makes it possible to play ogg-files. I'm really sorry for you.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 07:20:10 pm by LudorExperiens »
After 2 years the next version is out: http://iwbtg.kayin.moe/forums/index.php?topic=10827.0

[redacted]

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2011, 08:23:22 pm »

I could run it on my brother's computer is seemed to work... He has Win7 and I have WinXP, is there a difference because it is a different OS.

dakaarts

• Call me Daka. I made "I wanna be the Rockman!" >:3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2011, 04:53:40 am »

F**k this computer
FuUuUuUuU! It also happened to me on my XP. Ludor, if your game shows errors in other computers you should try to fix it. I tried to decompile the game to see if I can fix it, but I couldn't probably you protected it.
I do have another comp with Vista, but I don't feel like going to use it just to play your game. Try to find the reason why says error. It happened to my game, and it's was due to huge-ass backgrounds ( 5000x5000 or something like that ). I think is a probelm of RAM memory, for people with low RAM doesn't work. Check if you have some very big backgrounds, and try to fix it.
Click here to download I Wanna be the Rockman - http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=12485.0

Im 19 years old, Bulgarian. Hablo Español :3!

LudorExperiens

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2011, 05:43:53 am »

FuUuUuUuU! It also happened to me on my XP. Ludor, if your game shows errors in other computers you should try to fix it.

Thanks; It worked for all my betatesters, so I had no idea it wouldn't work on some computers.
After 2 years the next version is out: http://iwbtg.kayin.moe/forums/index.php?topic=10827.0

[redacted]

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2011, 09:58:17 am »

I found out why it won't work, In my Windows Task Manager, it says it was trying to use over 500K bytes of RAM. Thats about 80% of most RAM files. You need to find a way so it doesn't use so much RAM.

LudorExperiens

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2011, 11:43:24 am »

I found out why it won't work, In my Windows Task Manager, it says it was trying to use over 500K bytes of RAM. Thats about 80% of most RAM files. You need to find a way so it doesn't use so much RAM.

That's what dakaarts said. The problem are big Backgroundimages (maybe). I try to fix that.

DasGraMMa

• I wanna beat GraMMa fills me with determination.
    • View Profile
    • GraMMa's German Website
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2011, 09:31:54 pm »

I just finished the alpha and I wanna give some feedback :D

: Pro • show

- Nice animated intro
- I like the titlescreen
- Hints how to unlock the challenges
- 3 saveslots (:D)
- smooth transition from Intro to Tutorial
- animated background
- you cannot die when you jump out at the top of the screen (in Tutorial)
- a map!!!
- new nice traps (like the tree)
- I like the saws
- The water-area is very nice, not too easy and not too hard
- like the effect at the pipe of Mario (blink)
- smiley screen
- like the Pokemon-styled dialogs
- nice transition between Pokemon-versions
- I liked the bicycles xD
- switch system of the city-room is very nice
- Mewtwo fight is great :D but..(look at Cons)
- nice entrance at Ash
- nice randomiser at attacks of Ash
- nice ability

: Cons • show

- IWBTG screen and tiles
- The Game-Over-Room...could be something else..
- don't like the "intricate jump" down at the first smiley screen
- the suns are very hard to dodge...
- needed a while to realize what to do with the switches
- invisible sign maze...
- masks of the brown signs are a little bit buggy
- Mewtwos cave is too easy with 3 saves on Medium (ran through it)
- Mewtwo fight a little bit too easy
- Ash: the first attack...Bullet (Pokemon) Hell...why...
- unlogical transformation..Ash transforms into a...ball? xD
- explanation of the new ability from your Enemy?!

So I think this is very great for an alpha. I had fun, and I see as great potential in that :D

Greetz GraMMa
=================================

I wanna be The Computer - Episode 1! - failure
I wanna be The Computer - Episode 2! - another failure
I wanna beat GraMMa - the third try

dakaarts

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2011, 05:23:01 pm »

Hi man, nice to play your game.
I think your fangame is a ok game, as far as I played it.
Here is my feedback:

-First of all, is buggy as hell. If you clic on the title screen, you can die very easly...
Also, on the tutorial you can fuck up while clicking when the character walks right.
TURN OFF the mouse functions during the tutorial.
-When I start the tutorial, there is no music. Only after I hit reset, it appears.
-TIP: when the character dies and spreads blood, it lags a lot for me. By default of the engine, it
is set with the Step event, change it to alarms

alarm 0
-------
make_blood() // the code used to make it.
alarm[1]=2

alarm 1
-------
alarm[0]=2

Make the game go fullscreen by pressing F4. I can't see the full game because my screen is 1024x600.
So, the tutorial, the first level, with IWBTG tiles.. seriously?
I went up, when the spikes chased me i didnt knew what to do, so I went down. A water world from the very
beginning doesnt look right. also, it lagged as shit, making it boring and slooooow.
I liked the puzzles to solve, so nice job with that and the water physics.
So, I played like 5 min of the game, and the end of the path?! that was it? xD
Ah, also, on the beggining where you jump those blocks and spikes come from them, to unlock a spike door
that falls down, you don't really need to step on all of them, since you can jump over the door.

So this is the feedback for now, if you tell me what i can do on the upper path I'l give ya more.
Click here to download I Wanna be the Rockman - http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=12485.0

LudorExperiens

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2011, 05:34:58 pm »

Quickfix is uploaded:
http://www.mediafire.com/?z3lar4tttvgicc2

-Some bugs fixed.
-Reduced RAM consumption
-Gimmick added after beating 100% of the game.
-New death animation for the Pokemonboss

Here is my feedback:

-First of all, is buggy as hell. If you clic on the title screen, you can die very easly...
Also, on the tutorial you can fuck up while clicking when the character walks right.
-When I start the tutorial, there is no music. Only after I hit reset, it appears.
-TIP: when the character dies and spreads blood, it lags a lot for me. By default of the engine, it

alarm 0
-------
alarm[1]=2

alarm 1
-------
alarm[0]=2

Make the game go fullscreen by pressing F4. I can't see the full game because my screen is 1024x600.
I went up, when the spikes chased me i didnt knew what to do, so I went down. A water world from the very
beginning doesnt look right. also, it lagged as shit, making it boring and slooooow.
Ah, also, on the beggining where you jump those blocks and spikes come from them, to unlock a spike door
that falls down, you don't really need to step on all of them, since you can jump over the door.

So this is the feedback for now, if you tell me what i can do on the upper path I'l give ya more.

I left the mouse clicking in version 3.0.2? Damnit. Should be fixed now.
Did you recognize you can change the screenscale in the menu? Just press as long right till you get to "max". That's fullscreen.
The waterarea my be slow for you because of the current.
I have not the slightest idea what you did to make the music not playing. I tested it 2 minutes ago again (because I read you post) and it worked.
And if you don't want to have lags after diing, just turn down the blood intensity in the menu.
And thanks for the advice. (spikedoor)

And I am very disappointed noone checks all the ways you could go in IWBTG. Because otherwise you would have found the Pokemon area containing the only regular story boss of the game at the moment.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 05:52:32 pm by LudorExperiens »

dakaarts

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2011, 03:05:28 pm »

Did you recognize you can change the screenscale in the menu? Just press as long right till you get to "max". That's fullscreen.
Oh yeah, I did it, but I forgot to tell you, it looks like shit. Is super-blurry, I can't see nothing. The code/dll you are using there is not good.
I guess it still needs a fix xD. ( dividing the room )
And if you don't want to have lags after diing, just turn down the blood intensity in the menu.
Yeah, but i like to see blood. and you can make it see good with alarms.
np ;)
And I am very disappointed noone checks all the ways you could go in IWBTG. Because otherwise you would have found the Pokemon area containing the only regular story boss of the game at the moment.
sorry, i was kinda lazy to do it xD. ill try it now.

[redacted]

• View Profile
Re: I wanna be the ultimate hero - Alpha 0.3.0.2 Quickfix
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2011, 05:22:40 pm »

Quickfix is uploaded:
http://www.mediafire.com/?z3lar4tttvgicc2

-Some bugs fixed.
-Reduced RAM consumption
-Gimmick added after beating 100% of the game.
-New death animation for the Pokemonboss

Here is my feedback:

alarm 0
-------
alarm[1]=2

alarm 1
-------
alarm[0]=2

I left the mouse clicking in version 3.0.2? Damnit. Should be fixed now.
I have not the slightest idea what you did to make the music not playing. I tested it 2 minutes ago again (because I read you post) and it worked.

Game works now. A bit of lag though.

SirRouven

• I like Touhou.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2011, 09:52:27 am »

I finished the alpha and liked it very much.
The two bosses were fair and not too hard, if you understand their movement it was fun to fight against them.
I generally like the ideas of your game, as an example
catching mewtwo.

graphics and that sort of stuff look very good
i didn´t find something that i would call bad so continue programming

playe

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2011, 02:38:33 pm »

well I was going to play this game (despite warnings not to) to find that you took it down because of copyright. Um sure you may be copying games but you know what, no one gives a care because its a freeware game so your probably not going to get sued unless a game you ripped off specifically said you can't do it.

I know the creator of IWBTH (the sonic guy) and i can prove that he didn't say that it is copyright.

Do you think I created IWBTH? Here's a quote of mine:

At first I thought about naming my project "I wanna be the hero" but after working some time I recognized that there was already a fangame with this name.
Hey personally I don't care if you name this I wanna be the hero, I was going to ask Tijit or someone else to delete that thread anyways, I scrapped that game long ago and moved onto better things.

I check his thread once a month
Uh... mind if I ask WHY?!!! That was honestly the worst game I ever made and I don't want anyone else to have to deal with something like that again. (Though given how many fangames have been spawned on these forums...)

LudorExperiens

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2011, 03:02:25 pm »

Hey personally I don't care if you name this I wanna be the hero, I was going to ask Tijit or someone else to delete that thread anyways, I scrapped that game long ago and moved onto better things.

Thanks.
Well, I have already written a plot concerning an ultimate hero so I'll keep the current name.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7