I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: ALPHA 0.5 - I wanna be the ultimate hero - New Alpha 2015/03/20  (Read 60336 times)

JonathanV

• View Profile
Re: ALPHA 0.4 - I wanna be the ultimate hero - New Alpha 2012/11/7
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2012, 09:34:42 am »

Thanks for your response. The game runs on 30-40 FPS and a little lagging music.

Is there a way to increase beaten percentage? I'm not sure how to do this because I'm stuck with 64% and already reached the end of the alpha.
Die in IWBTG = INSTANT GAME OVER
LOL

LudorExperiens

• I didn't get raped in IWBTB
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2012, 10:02:48 am »

The most lagging part should be the IWBTG Area as it is a 3x3 room with many objects.

Well and to increase percentage find the golden items, beat the challenges (and unlock them first of course) and uncover the whole map. Notice that there is a screen in the tutorialarea which only can be accessed after you have beaten the tutorial (not necessarily on the same saveslot. You can start a new game on any slot to be able to access the screen)
After 2 years the next version is out: http://iwbtg.kayin.moe/forums/index.php?topic=10827.0

avengah

• I am the Guy, the Fangame, Pickory AND The Boshy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2012, 10:21:50 pm »

What, no achievement for savejumping all the way to the rightmost exit of the room where you fight Caines for the second time? Oh, and you die if you exit that way.

Another minor thing: you can get over the wall on the right of the screen above the start. If you walk all the way to the right, you see the Arkanoid screen then you see a mostly empty screen and die.

EDIT: I'm stuck on 7/13 achievements. To recap, I've got 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 13. I can't see myself working any more out now after several hours trying, but I'll have one more go now. I'll probably kick myself if I find out what they are later... as for that savejump, I did it after beating the boss, so I'll try on a different file before fighting him...

EDIT 2: No go, you get stopped in midair to force the fight. I've also tried completing the Darkness challenge sans lantern (memorising the path to the exit), and things like that, but still can't seem to work out any more achievements. I'll probably give up soon...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 05:49:43 pm by avengah »

LudorExperiens

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2012, 05:08:55 pm »

And again it worked...the achievements hunter find new bugs. Thanks for that

Edit: How the hell can you savejump?
I freeze the player as soon as he is farther than a specific x-coordinate...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 05:11:13 pm by LudorExperiens »
After 2 years the next version is out: http://iwbtg.kayin.moe/forums/index.php?topic=10827.0

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2012, 05:51:12 pm »

As I clarified in my edit, you can only savejump after beating the boss.

Oh, I reached the ladder in the top right corner of the room with the first rainbow orb. Only barely reached it, but it doesn't appear to do anything. It required multiple tries again, and a double jump from the edge of the wall while still moving forwards at high speed from the wall jump. This required multiple tries because it was hard to get it so that I'd actually land on the wall while going so fast, so I could get two full jumps and reach the ladder. The best thing I found to do was to just use the rainbow orb once, on the second bit from the top of the left wall bubbles.

Glitchypoos. If you use that stripy wall jump surface but let go of right almost straight after using it, you disappear, a second later you see the screen below then you die. I'm assuming your x-coordinate glitches off screen, then you fall and hit the bottom and die?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 10:53:28 pm by avengah »

JonathanV

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2012, 02:53:40 am »

Found a little bug:

Notice that the screen is blurrier than usual. To do this, open menu. Then press Esc 2 times very quickly and it'll open the same menu with shadowed previous menu. If that doesn't work, you haven't press Esc quick enough.

Hope this bug is fixed in Alpha 0.5
LOL

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2012, 03:10:17 am »

I found another music bug in the bike shed. If you press Q in there, you get two lots of Pokemon music playing over each other, and one of them won't stop until you get to a loading screen.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 04:28:54 pm by avengah »

LudorExperiens

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2012, 10:17:07 am »

Thanks you two. You find more bugs than my 3-head beta crew (I wonder why I pay them  >:( )

I guess I won't fix the blurred screen bug as the game makes a screenshot before you enter the menu and as the menu is still up (I guess the screen isn't redrawn by then) it makes a screenshot of the menu.

The music glitch is caused by the current music variable I assume. Never happened to me though. I guess I don't try enough things.

but still can't seem to work out any more achievements. I'll probably give up soon...

Before you quit my game completely, I'll send you a PM with some hints and, if you still can't succeed by then, the solutions for the achievements as thanks for your eager bug finding mission.

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2012, 11:21:16 am »

Yeah, please. Vague hints for now, and I'll see if I can work things out from there. Did you get those things to work, like getting over the wall above the start to drop below Arkanoid and die, and to savejump over to the right exit after beating the boss? I know that the bottom tiles of the rightmost wall (excluding the blocks) aren't solid, just like they're not solid in the seemingly pointless room with the loud MN, just right of the save.

LudorExperiens

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2012, 01:33:21 pm »

Yeah, please. Vague hints for now, and I'll see if I can work things out from there. Did you get those things to work, like getting over the wall above the start to drop below Arkanoid and die, and to savejump over to the right exit after beating the boss? I know that the bottom tiles of the rightmost wall (excluding the blocks) aren't solid, just like they're not solid in the seemingly pointless room with the loud MN, just right of the save.

Alright, sent you a PM.

Not solid, huh? That's because I have a method to reduce the amount of objects in the room to reduce lags. I suppose I forgot something ^^

JonathanV

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2012, 12:38:38 am »

Found another bug:
- I've found a bug where you can hear slowmo music. After you die and before game over music plays, press F1. (you'll get easter egg achievements if not already)
- I've discovered that game over music can play twice. After you die and before PLEASE TRY AGAIN appears, press M. When game over music ends, press M and game over music will play again.
LOL

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2012, 05:51:18 am »

I found another music bug in the bike shed. If you press Q in there, you get two lots of Pokemon music playing over each other, and one of them won't stop until you get to a loading screen.

Actually, it might have been R (or maybe M), not Q, now that I think about it. You'll probably work it out.

As for those walls not being solid, I thought it was deliberate. I thought you'd eventually program a room to the right of there, and give the player some way to get there (or leave it as an easter egg for savejumping). And the non-solid walls in the MN room help you save from the right side of the room. I even tried savejumping over the gap rather than using the sticky walls.

One other thing I forgot to mention. In the darkness challenge final room, the right wall is only solid in the dark. As soon as you get the lantern, you can go through it. There isn't a lot over there, but it's worth a look. Strange that that wall changes from dark to light, seeing as the rest of the room doesn't change - you can still reach the end in the dark.

EDIT: There's a problem with Mewtwo but it's a spoiler so I'm PMing you.

Oh, and what's the point of the penultimate room in the timed section? You can go straight to the door or take the long way round. But why?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 04:28:36 pm by avengah »

LudorExperiens

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2012, 01:28:07 pm »

Oh, and what's the point of the penultimate room in the timed section? You can go straight to the door or take the long way round. But why?

1) To confuse players who think that the obvious way is too easy
2) In Ywi-ygi mode you can only go the way around

And music bugs are annoying as hell. I could fix that all by just leaving the slowdown effect out, but I kinda like it. So I rather have some bugs than missing that feature. But I'll try my best to fix it.

Geez, and one secret achievement isn't secret anymore :(
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 01:31:18 pm by LudorExperiens »

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2012, 04:29:34 pm »

Removed references to it, sorry. But it is kinda obvious, and the second one I got after no. 1, though.

LudorExperiens

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2012, 05:20:42 pm »

Didn't meant you ^^
I have to respond to every person who shows me bugs
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7