I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: ALPHA 0.5 - I wanna be the ultimate hero - New Alpha 2015/03/20  (Read 74741 times)

LudorExperiens

• I didn't get raped in IWBTB
    • View Profile
Re: I wanna be the ultimate hero - Alpha 0.3.0.2 Quickfix
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2012, 05:32:36 pm »

Well I only just downloaded the game and I already love it! But I found a spelling mistake!

"diing" should be dying instead.

Already fixed...you should see the current version... btw. I think I'll release it in a month or so. I have to get my lazy ass up and finish the Wario Boss.

And thanks a lot for your opinion. The next version will have improvements on level design, existing Bosses (especially Mewtwo), memory consumption.... Changed a lot. :3
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:25:51 am by LudorExperiens »
After 2 years the next version is out: http://iwbtg.kayin.moe/forums/index.php?topic=10827.0

Ario147

• You wanna be me? ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2012, 03:14:47 am »

Looks nice, i'll play it. :3
What i beat:
I wanna be the Guy.
I wanna be the Fangame.
I wanna be the Boshy.
I wanna be the Retro.
I wanna be the Guy:Gaiden.
I wanna be the Galaxy.
I wanna be the World.
I wanna be the Sublime. (8===>)
I wanna be Easy.
I wanna kill the guy. (v0.52)
I wanna be the Shrine Maiden.
I wanna be the King.
I wanna be the Computer.
I wanna be the Greeeen.
I wanna be the Diverse.
I wanna be the Revolution.

LudorExperiens

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2012, 01:08:58 pm »

Looks nice, i'll play it. :3

I always feel a bit worried about others getting wrong impressions by playing an old version as there are some parts I'm not proud of and which were deleted in the current version.

And yes, I got my lazy ass up, thanks to Cabadoth's post. It gave me a little boost. Wario is finished by now and I'm releasing the next version in exactly 28 days (some hours more or less ^^). Let's see how far I'll get before the deadline expires....

For all those who want to see a small change: http://youtu.be/IfDZI4iDxnE (Yes, improved the miniboss)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 01:53:21 pm by LudorExperiens »
After 2 years the next version is out: http://iwbtg.kayin.moe/forums/index.php?topic=10827.0

Ario147

• You wanna be me? ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2012, 02:35:54 pm »

Played a little and: fangame is cool. But i'm little bit bored of original IWBTG first room remakes, it's everywhere. :3
What i beat:
I wanna be the Guy.
I wanna be the Fangame.
I wanna be the Boshy.
I wanna be the Retro.
I wanna be the Guy:Gaiden.
I wanna be the Galaxy.
I wanna be the World.
I wanna be the Sublime. (8===>)
I wanna be Easy.
I wanna kill the guy. (v0.52)
I wanna be the Shrine Maiden.
I wanna be the King.
I wanna be the Computer.
I wanna be the Greeeen.
I wanna be the Diverse.
I wanna be the Revolution.

LudorExperiens

• View Profile
Re: ALPHA 0.4 - I wanna be the ultimate hero - New Alpha 2012/11/7
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2012, 10:08:34 am »

New alpha up: http://www.mediafire.com/?cr8zzsmpujmq1hx

Changelog:
-Better game performance
-Improved Mewtwo miniboss
-Pokemonarea finished
-New finished Wario-area
-Short Megaman passage
-New ability
-Super secret achievements. I bet you won't be able to get the half of them (most of them are pretty easy to get though)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 10:14:11 am by LudorExperiens »

JonathanV

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2012, 10:46:46 pm »

After beating IWKTG, I play this game and opened up Task Manager and this is what I got.

OVER 300 MB RAM used!
Die in IWBTG = INSTANT GAME OVER
LOL

LudorExperiens

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2012, 01:01:26 pm »

After beating IWKTG, I play this game and opened up Task Manager and this is what I got.

OVER 300 MB RAM used!

Yup, surprisingly. I hoped I could get it below 500 MB but I didn't expect it to go that well.
However it is still that big because of the music files. I already made several loading areas so you don't have all music files at once (which would result in around 700 MB RAM consumption)

avengah

• I am the Guy, the Fangame, Pickory AND The Boshy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2012, 11:45:10 pm »

Small issue. If you teleport out of Dr Wily's area, the music keeps playing, even when you change area and other music is playing. You need to actually go back to Dr Wily's area and complete it to stop the music.

It happened when my save was at Dr Wily, and I went left to complete the area, did something near the start and pressed R. So then I pressed M to go back to the start and the music didn't stop.

EDIT: I've just had it happen again in the water area under the main screen, simply by warping to the start.

EDIT 2: I've just lost my save file. I was doing the Cherry challenge and I just got into the lift that slowly goes downwards. I faced left and shot the save without leaving the lift and my save was completely corrupted.

EDIT 3: How do you get to the bottom left room in the tutorial area? Never mind.

EDIT 4: Minor glitch. Try collecting a rainbow ball and leaving the room before the timer runs out. Your next shot will be a special shot and there's no time limit. Also, press R from the achievement menu and it'll go back to the game. It went to File 1 for me, I don't know if it's always 1 or your most recent file.

Yay, achievements 1, 4, 5 and 13. 100% on Medium. I want to try for other achievements but the lack of clues makes it awkward. I think I'll try playing on harder difficulties.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:58:22 am by avengah »

LudorExperiens

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2012, 08:51:22 am »

Small issue. If you teleport out of Dr Wily's area, the music keeps playing, even when you change area and other music is playing. You need to actually go back to Dr Wily's area and complete it to stop the music.

It happened when my save was at Dr Wily, and I went left to complete the area, did something near the start and pressed R. So then I pressed M to go back to the start and the music didn't stop.

EDIT: I've just had it happen again in the water area under the main screen, simply by warping to the start.

That shouldn't happen... I store the current music as global variable and stop it whenever you change to new music...I'll take a look on that.

EDIT 2: I've just lost my save file. I was doing the Cherry challenge and I just got into the lift that slowly goes downwards. I faced left and shot the save without leaving the lift and my save was completely corrupted.

Yup, that is the only way to corrupt your savefile completely. I found that myself but I thought nobody else gonna find that out. Well, I should go on dreaming...

EDIT 4: Minor glitch. Try collecting a rainbow ball and leaving the room before the timer runs out. Your next shot will be a special shot and there's no time limit. Also, press R from the achievement menu and it'll go back to the game. It went to File 1 for me, I don't know if it's always 1 or your most recent file.

Mh.. ok, I guess I forgot an if-case.

Yay, achievements 1, 4, 5 and 13. 100% on Medium. I want to try for other achievements but the lack of clues makes it awkward. I think I'll try playing on harder difficulties.

You can get every achievement on medium. I did the lack of clues on purpose, so people try out different things and maybe find even more bugs I missed. And 4/13 achievements is pretty good. I admit some are really evil hidden, but just challenge yourself in some spots.

Achievement 1, huh? Well you must be a real hardcore gamer ;)

And thanks for 100% it. I hope you liked it that far.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:55:27 am by LudorExperiens »

JonathanV

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2012, 09:39:54 am »

Yup, surprisingly. I hoped I could get it below 500 MB but I didn't expect it to go that well.
However it is still that big because of the music files. I already made several loading areas so you don't have all music files at once (which would result in around 700 MB RAM consumption)

The game runs on 20 FPS and lagging music, and sometimes the game freezes itself. Which I need to reboot before I can continue.
LOL

LudorExperiens

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2012, 11:26:59 am »

The game runs on 20 FPS and lagging music, and sometimes the game freezes itself. Which I need to reboot before I can continue.

Well then, sorry my friend. I could delete all the sprites and music, but I doubt you'd like the game that much by then.
Besides that: I'll try out cleanmem.dll. Maybe it helps. But I highly doubt that it will help towards the lagging music. That's handled by another dll so I can do absolutely nothing about it.
And it only occurs on your Computer. May I ask what computer configuration you have?

Darkwraith Axl

• Returning with newfound humanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2012, 07:39:08 pm »

Dat Pentium III
> This community: Elitists pieces of shit.
> That community: Retards without a lick of taste.
Pick your poison.

avengah

• I am the Guy, the Fangame, Pickory AND The Boshy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2012, 10:23:33 pm »

Yay, achievement 6 now. I'll keep trying random things...

OK, it's possible to skip the Ash fight, but very difficult. Very occasionally you'll touch the floor briefly, allowing for a mid-air jump - in effect, a triple jump, allowing you to save yourself from falling into the pit. When you reach the Caines guy, he acts as if you've still got Teleport.

EDIT: Achievement 9. I couldn't be arsed waiting and look what I found! Oh, and 8.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 11:39:30 pm by avengah »

JonathanV

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2012, 04:25:57 am »

Well then, sorry my friend. I could delete all the sprites and music, but I doubt you'd like the game that much by then.
Besides that: I'll try out cleanmem.dll. Maybe it helps. But I highly doubt that it will help towards the lagging music. That's handled by another dll so I can do absolutely nothing about it.
And it only occurs on your Computer. May I ask what computer configuration you have?

Dual-core processor 1.0 GHz.
2 GB RAM DDR3
885 MB Graphics memory

Other game runs fine.
LOL

LudorExperiens

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2012, 07:17:24 am »

OK, it's possible to skip the Ash fight, but very difficult. Very occasionally you'll touch the floor briefly, allowing for a mid-air jump - in effect, a triple jump, allowing you to save yourself from falling into the pit. When you reach the Caines guy, he acts as if you've still got Teleport.

I tried many times and couldn't make it. I suppose you are better than me :3 And congrats to achievement 6, that's a really tough one.

Dual-core processor 1.0 GHz.
2 GB RAM DDR3
885 MB Graphics memory

Other game runs fine.

Actually it should run fine....maybe it's because I have 4 GB RAM so I can't really tell you whether 2 GB are enough. But I know for sure IWBEasy won't run on your computer. I'll try to include cleanmem.dll into my game for the next version.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7