I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 60

Author Topic: I Wanna Kill The Guy (4/8/2012)  (Read 523226 times)

Thenewgeezer

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna Kill The Guy (4/8/2012)
« Reply #405 on: April 14, 2012, 05:14:54 pm »

This Fangame Is the best I have ever played.
There are bonus challenges, a shopping system, some funny and unique traps (I lol'd at the troll lava and companion cube price) and the level design is completly original and not based on anything (except haunted house and VVVVV).
There are some pretty hard and well created bosses, and they are fun to beat. This Fangame does not follow the old 'spikes and traps everywhere' plot, and I'm looking forward to more of the storyline (still wondering how you get from the castle to the city). The Boo boss is very fun because instead of shooting it you have to throw blocks at the right time. The Boshy boss is very hard and challenging, but its very fun and has some pretty unique attacks (and theres a savepoint in halfway point). The Geezer boss is a retro boss, and its very fun and interesting. Thank you Geezer for making a brilliant fangame.
I consider this the true sequel to IWBTG.

Bugs:
With A precise jump the 3rd room before boshy is made a lot simpler.
DBZ head doesn't flip
There is a pointless blue bullet bill behind the warp near the end of Chapter 2

Thanks! Glad you like it.

I'll fix the DBZ head glitch. And which room are you talking about for the precise jump? The upside down cannon room?

And the Blue bullet bill, there actually is a use for it, you just have to find it ;)

Some korean decompiling your game, and sharing it :'(
not only kill the guy.

I've seen it done before. Many times. On my game. Just another idiot.

I don't know if this is something you'd want to change or what, but...

I was at the Boshy boss in Chapter 3 and I went back to the map screen and went into Chapter 2 again to grab some secrets quick. Then I went back on the map screen to Chapter 3 and I had to do the chapter over again from the beginning. If you can, I think it'd be a good idea to give a warning of some sort if you're in the middle of one chapter and decide to jump to another so that no one else does that without knowing that they'd lose their progress.

Also, I noticed a glitch while fighting the Piranha Plant boss.

Multiple times when I got to the second phase of the Piranha Plant boss, it came down and destroyed the platform I was standing on before getting out of the pipe. And once or twice the trio of fireballs that shoot different colors of fireballs was there before getting out of the pipe, too. In both cases, I was basically instantly killed without a chance of getting to the platforms that come in for phase 2.

Other than that, IWKTG looks like it's shaping up to be one of the best I Wanna be the ___ games out there. Can't wait to see what the rest of Chapter 5 and Chapter 6 have in store (not to mention that Chapter 2 boss that you haven't included yet).

Sure, I'll add a warning of some sort, when you're switching chapters. And yea, I knew about the plant boss thing before, I just forgot to fix it in the update.

Thanks!

Why does the "Restart" button still works on the map? I defeated the boshy boss and then on the map i accidently pressed "R". I had to defeat him again.
It doesn´t really matter but could you make it impossible to use "R" on the map?

Ok

Minor bug: In the level editor, I accidentally put a blue bullet bill in the level. I tried to delete it but I couldn't. I went to chapter 3 and the bullet bill was still there. But I could fly on it (and practically skipped the whole satellite dish section). Only happened once though.

Strange, I never really messed with the editor. I'll see what I can do

Marche100

• Guy #51269
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 14, 2012, 06:49:18 pm »

Found another bug or so that might be worth mentioning.

This has only happened to me once (with both bugs), but one time during the Geezer boss the big goomba was stuck in one of the walls and was sort of climbing it, if I remember correctly. It fell back down to the ground, though, so no worries there. On the other hand, once the spiked enemy somehow got stuck in the top corner of the left wall (although how it got there I don't know), which would have made that part of the fight easier than it should be if I hadn't touched a goomba a few seconds after noticing it. :P

Kind of negligible bugs, but ones you might want to know of.

Now back to fighting this nightmare of a boss. The hammers/keese/tektites/enemies from Metroid will haunt me to my grave.

Kirby Mario

• Em... (say something intelligent) I like Waffles!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 14, 2012, 08:45:07 pm »

i'm just asking if...
you could make Challenges from Chapter 1 a bit harder :D
Thanks

PD:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5wT6x7khuU&context=C4367ab0ADvjVQa1PpcFOz9rm1sWt9Pjk8EJ0vKtN2rzdYTw9X-30=

Jason Alan

• Breffmints
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 14, 2012, 08:58:03 pm »

Greetings Geezer (and, incidentally, the rest of the forum). Part of me can't find myself staying terribly long here but I had to sign up and comment on this game. First off, wow, it is probably the best fangame I've played (though I've only played, err, Fangame, and seen portions of GB). Kudos to you sir for your Excellent® work.

I am here primarily to report a glitch though, and I'm not sure what happened. After Chapter 1's boss (I'm not spoilertagging one name), I seemed to encounter a glitch that prevented me from moving onto Chapter 2. It might've been my own fault, but I am unsure if my actions caused it or not. I was booted to the map screen, and noticed that I was missing 3 Coins from Chapter 1, so I went back in and began from the boss I just beat. On exiting to the map again, discovering I was unable to backtrack to the rest of the chapter to find the Coins, I found myself unable to move onto Chapter 2. I'm thinking that maybe me going back into chapter 1 before stepping foot into Chapter 2 caused this, but I can't be sure. I had to beat the boss again to move onto Chapter 2, though it wasn't a big task seeing as how I had mastered it by that point.

As an aside, I discovered that I was able to just barely get into the next screen in the following image the wrong way (spoiler tagged due to giving tip for a Coin). I triggered the spike to fall and kept hugging the wall, barely tapped jump and made it between the spike and the much tinier spike, allowing me access into the next screen. on completion of course I died instantly since presumably I'm not supposed to be there (and since that portion itself leads to one Coin and there's no way you could get there in the same life, I can only assume it's an out of bounds exploit given I seem to die by being in a wall block). I even did it 3 more times to get a good screenshot of the result. Guess all that nets me is bragging rights :P

One last thing - again, kudos, and one small thing I enjoy that you did compared to the original and Fangame is making the music not restart on death, it leaves off where it did when the Game Over music cuts in.

Edit: Another out of bounds exploit in the spoiler tags, second two pics.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 10:43:28 pm by Jason Alan »

Teh Mushroomy Man

• I like pie and waffles.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 15, 2012, 09:26:03 am »

And which room are you talking about for the precise jump? The upside down cannon room?
The room that is a time attack challenge.
My Favourtite Fangames:
I Wanna Be The Boshy
I Wanna Kill The Guy
Pickory

ElricoJunior

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 16, 2012, 02:04:19 am »

Well, Geezer... This game has been an experience, can't wait for more! That being said, just figured I'd let you know a couple of the bugs I've found. Aside from the other documented ones, these are just minor glitches that don't really effect how the game plays.

1.) On the Statistics screen, it states that I've completed 11 out of 14 challenges, but I've completed 13 (All the ones except for the glitched "Follow the Mouse" trial in Chapter 3).

2.) Also located on the statistics screen, shows I have found 12 of 11 chests instead of 11 of 12 chests. Since I'm assuming you're counting the unobtainable Companion Cube as a chest as well.

3.) Not sure if it's a glitch or if you're just trolling, but Mushroom Head and Power Up Head are the same...

Nothing game breaking like the other glitches posted, but I figured you'd still want to know.

Miniwa

• あっちこっち
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 16, 2012, 03:51:49 am »

I think ver 0.49 's Map design is best.

This version 0.52 :
Map difficulty is so easier than 0.49.
I think IWKTG's feature is "Map puzzle and hard difficulty", But I Can't see that anymore.
so I like 0.49's map design.
I hope you can fix it.

Thank you Geezer for Great Fangame, I like it most!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 05:22:58 am by Regret »
1. I lost my skype ID
2. Korea high schools are suck.
It ends at 22 o'clock. Xp

Trigger014

• Current Project: IWBT Weegee (Total rebuild)
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 16, 2012, 05:03:53 am »

I have to disagree about the difficulty. The beauty of the game lies in the level design, but in previous versions the level of difficulty was inconsistent throughout and the high skill level required to complete the screens left little room for expansion in later worlds. and last time I checked many more were planned, without entering the realm of ridiculous precision and inevitable frustration. By reducing the difficulty in the earlier stages it made for a better learning curve and left the door open for the game to get harder later. In my opinion, this is by far the best version of this great fangame. Keep up the good work Geezer. I can't wait to see more of the game.

Ario147

• You wanna be me? ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 16, 2012, 06:25:30 am »

Awesome game! But i want to see  :fruit: :fruit: :fruit: :fruit:

Make new password ,,Boss(1-7)" because 3saves = 7bosses :/
What i beat:
I wanna be the Guy.
I wanna be the Fangame.
I wanna be the Boshy.
I wanna be the Retro.
I wanna be the Guy:Gaiden.
I wanna be the Galaxy.
I wanna be the World.
I wanna be the Sublime. (8===>)
I wanna be Easy.
I wanna kill the guy. (v0.52)
I wanna be the Shrine Maiden.
I wanna be the King.
I wanna be the Computer.
I wanna be the Greeeen.
I wanna be the Diverse.
I wanna be the Revolution.

Teh Mushroomy Man

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 16, 2012, 09:34:07 am »

Geezer, make the companion cube do something.
Like make bosses easier, give you autofire, or something like that.
I only know i dont do anything because i messed around with the save and got 9999 rupees.
And is the VVVVV body in game yet? (not counting use in chapter 5)
My Favourtite Fangames:
I Wanna Be The Boshy
I Wanna Kill The Guy
Pickory

Trigger014

• Current Project: IWBT Weegee (Total rebuild)
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 16, 2012, 12:04:33 pm »

I only know i dont do anything because i messed around with the save and got 9999 rupees.

I'm assuming the reason it was unobtainable through legitimate play was because it has no function at the moment. You cant really complain that it doesnt work if you have to cheat to get it. XD

Teh Mushroomy Man

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 16, 2012, 01:10:27 pm »

I'm assuming the reason it was unobtainable through legitimate play was because it has no function at the moment. You cant really complain that it doesnt work if you have to cheat to get it. XD
Good Point.
I was actually gonna say make it punish the save hackers or somethinglike that XD.
But that VVVVV body, it was shown in an image, as well as the VVVVV head. Maybe you get it for beating chapter 5? (When it's completed)
My Favourtite Fangames:
I Wanna Be The Boshy
I Wanna Kill The Guy
Pickory

Marche100

• Guy #51269
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 16, 2012, 07:48:30 pm »

Finally beat the Beta and what an amazing experience it was. That Geezer boss was a pain, though. If that's what those floaty red eyes can do just by merging with a computer monitor, I shudder to think of what a fight with it will be like now that you're with it inside of the computer.

Anyways, speaking of the difficulty, I think the difficulty is fine as is. It's nice and easy early on, it eases the difficulty up as time goes on, and it doesn't spike dramatically in any place, which is good. I've never really had much trouble with the platforming portions of the game, the bosses are always the hard part for me, and I think Geezer does a good job of making the first bosses early on fairly simple while as we see with the latest boss getting fairly hectic later on. The only thing I don't like is how the Geezer boss is a pretty long fight, but in reality fighting it isn't super hard, so I guess the length balances the difficulty out there.

One last thing before I've said all that I can say about IWKTG for the time being. I don't know if you've considered it for a final version, but I would love for there to be a boss selection type thing, like you have in I Wanna Be the Boshy in the warp room, for example. In fact, thinking of it now, I think something like that would work really well with the way you have the map screen set up. It's kind of hard to explain, so I drew up an example of what it could look like.

Just an idea, but I think it could work really well if you'd choose to do something like it.

But anyways, thanks for all the fun you've provided with this game. I eagerly await the next release and whatever bosses it may bring.

Jason Alan

• Breffmints
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 18, 2012, 02:06:16 am »

Holy shit Sray, that was one of the most intense things, nerve-wracking but at the same time fun. Managed to do it in only like 4 tries I think. Wow what a thing that was. Also, remixed Pokemon music <3

The last coin in Chapter 3 is giving me trouble. From what I'm seeing (and from trying), nabbing it and jumping back up onto the platform is impossible, unless it's a pixel-perfect jump, otherwise there has to be some workaround I'm not seeing.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 03:13:56 am by Jason Alan »

ElricoJunior

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 19, 2012, 09:46:23 am »

I know what coin you're talking about and the solution is so simple that you're going to end up hating yourself for thinking and trying so hard, I know I did. x.x If you want, you can just check this out...

Use the Blue Bullet & backtrack.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 10:00:17 am by ElricoJunior »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 60