I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 60

Author Topic: I Wanna Kill The Guy (4/8/2012)  (Read 483156 times)

Fred-eye-inc

Re: I Wanna Kill The Guy - (11/15/10)
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 12:19:13 pm »

I second that. Actually the boss looks quite boring and repetitivie to me. It's not to say you should take it out ,it may appeal to other but I very much dislike it.

Thenewgeezer

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna Kill The Guy - (1/13/2011)
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 04:00:23 am »

The thing about quality fangame is you don't see that on these forums anywhere (one exception).

And I just don't like the concept of the 5th boss. The dancing just seems stupid to me.

I second that. Actually the boss looks quite boring and repetitivie to me. It's not to say you should take it out ,it may appeal to other but I very much dislike it.

Ahh, well, I am sorry to hear. I will make an option to either dance or fight in a later version. I tried fixing the lag as much as possible in the latest version today, but I couldn't tell, since I don't have any other computers to test it from  :)

Jksnxia

• I make short films too :3 Check out my youtube
    • View Profile
    • me youtube
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 02:11:56 am »

I've gotten to the middle of Chapter 2 of the new version, and so far I found 3 glitches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCEV6Sl6faI (video description)

Edit: and now I finished the beta I think, since I destroyed the 3 satellites and nothing else happens after (I've tried talking to Ray), and there's a lot of other glitches I found... I'll sum em up here

-The music loops sometimes and when it does the music starts like 20 seconds after leaving 20 seconds of silence
-There's this error message every time I enter a new screen from Chapter 2 on

for object theguy:

Error in code at line 1:
   room_speed=global.gs
  ^
at position 1: Cannot assign to the variable

-A glitch shown in the last few minutes of that^ video. (you can have multiple players at once and skip a screen)
-The number of coins collected reset every chapter (although idk if this was intentional)
-Intersect Boundaries are still a big problem, you can skip a lot of rooms with that glitch (as shown in the last part of this video)
-When entering Chapter 3, you don't see the scene of the attack and force you to go to Ray's room, because the the screen transition takes you a bit further than the trigger.
-I don't know where the dialogue of The Girl to find out about the castles went, or that whole area, including the 4th boss... maybe it's right after the piranha plant but I used the cheat code to get past it so idk

Sorry if that upsets you but I'm just trying to help you improve on you game...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 07:48:34 pm by Chainge »
Creativity and optimisim

Thenewgeezer

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna Kill The Guy (1/16/2011)
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 12:33:07 am »

I've gotten to the middle of Chapter 2 of the new version, and so far I found 3 glitches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCEV6Sl6faI (video description)

Edit: and now I finished the beta I think, since I destroyed the 3 satellites and nothing else happens after (I've tried talking to Ray), and there's a lot of other glitches I found... I'll sum em up here

-The music loops sometimes and when it does the music starts like 20 seconds after leaving 20 seconds of silence
-There's this error message every time I enter a new screen from Chapter 2 on

for object theguy:

Error in code at line 1:
   room_speed=global.gs
  ^
at position 1: Cannot assign to the variable

-A glitch shown in the last few minutes of that^ video. (you can have multiple players at once and skip a screen)
-The number of coins collected reset every chapter (although idk if this was intentional)
-Intersect Boundaries are still a big problem, you can skip a lot of rooms with that glitch (as shown in the last part of this video)
-When entering Chapter 3, you don't see the scene of the attack and force you to go to Ray's room, because the the screen transition takes you a bit further than the trigger.
-I don't know where the dialogue of The Girl to find out about the castles went, or that whole area, including the 4th boss... maybe it's right after the piranha plant but I used the cheat code to get past it so idk

Sorry if that upsets you but I'm just trying to help you improve on you game...

Ah dang. It's all good, I fixed most of them today and uploaded. It's good that you found them right away though, thanks for that :).
Are there any other spots where you can skip rooms? I only fixed the one you told me about.

And you missed a secret in the first bullet bill room in Chapter 2 :O

plow

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 12:42:15 pm »

BUG FOUND!
btw hi I'm plow.

Okay, I beat this game (one of the best fangames imo, NICE JOB!), and then beat it again because of how awesome it was. Then I wanted to make saves before each favorite part. So I made one before the 3rd boss, beat it, saved at the save right after it, closed the game, copied the save, and put it in my favorite saves folder.

Here is where the bug is.
After all the above, I opened the game again, went to the right, and jumped on the bullet bill. It flew right, and never stopped! It just kept going, and going, and going...and the background sped up so much I was laughing. So I pressed R, and went on the bullet bill again, and it kept doing the bug. So yea.

If you want to reproduce the bug to see what I mean, beat the 3rd boss, save after it, close the game, reopen it, then go on the bullet bill. This will break your save though, so back it up.

Oh, and...
The thing about quality fangame is you don't see that on these forums anywhere (one exception).

And I just don't like the concept of the 5th boss. The dancing just seems stupid to me.

That was actually my favorite boss, because I didn't have to mash X all day, and I thought it was very creative. I also found it the easiest, took me 4 tries. Maybe make it longer and have harder patterns? It's an epic boss imo, and it could be more epic. :D
(and damn that's a long first post)

pieceofcheese87

• ok
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 11:37:33 am »

Just to say, the spike room in chapter 1 was GENIUS

« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 12:00:35 am by ThatGuyNobodyKnows »
I like to fart in people's faces when they're eating a gourmet dessert.

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 11:40:14 am »

Same as your spelling.

Thenewgeezer

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna Kill The Guy (1/25/2011)
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2011, 03:04:19 am »

New version (.044) is out with full CHAPTER 3.  ;D

BUG FOUND!
btw hi I'm plow.

Okay, I beat this game (one of the best fangames imo, NICE JOB!), and then beat it again because of how awesome it was. Then I wanted to make saves before each favorite part. So I made one before the 3rd boss, beat it, saved at the save right after it, closed the game, copied the save, and put it in my favorite saves folder.

Here is where the bug is.
After all the above, I opened the game again, went to the right, and jumped on the bullet bill. It flew right, and never stopped! It just kept going, and going, and going...and the background sped up so much I was laughing. So I pressed R, and went on the bullet bill again, and it kept doing the bug. So yea.

If you want to reproduce the bug to see what I mean, beat the 3rd boss, save after it, close the game, reopen it, then go on the bullet bill. This will break your save though, so back it up.

That was actually my favorite boss, because I didn't have to mash X all day, and I thought it was very creative. I also found it the easiest, took me 4 tries. Maybe make it longer and have harder patterns? It's an epic boss imo, and it could be more epic. :D
(and damn that's a long first post)

Hey dude, thanks for the post. The bug after the plant boss is fixed i think, from what i tested of in the new version I released. But thanks for the feedback, always appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 03:05:53 am by Thenewgeezer »

TheFangameDestroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 06:21:57 pm »

Ive been away from the forums for awhile.  I got sick of the load of crap "fangames" that copy each other and regurgitate the same nonsense over and over in 5 screen alphas with nothing but spikes.  Ive played this for less than 20min and I can already say, its better than 90% of the crap put out by people.  Not since the days of Fangame: The Game, I wanna be the Fangame, and I wanna be the tribute have I actually wanted to keep playing.  Well done.  Keep at it! ;D

Jksnxia

• View Profile
    • me youtube
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2011, 12:26:30 am »

wow so much progress in so little time... oh and also...

OMFG THAT BOSS IS EFFING AMAZINGLY EPIC!! I literally sweated playing him! And I never thought that was possible in an iwbtg fangame! I've only gotten to his second phase 4 times and by hearing him after I died... it sounds like hell... CAN'T WAIT! and it's WAY better than the dancing queen lol

btw, I suggest you tweet the literally Bullet Hell challenge a bit, decrease the amount of bullets of some please, because sometimes it can look like this
look at the top
and sometimes even worse
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 12:30:33 am by Chainge »
Creativity and optimisim

Squishy69

• Amicitia est magicae
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2011, 03:22:42 am »

....What..... WHAT..... THE..... F***!?!??!?!  I reach the new boss of Chapter 3 and it's HIM!!  THAT GUY!!!!  THAT SON OF A B***H I'VE BEEN DEALING WITH THESE PAST COUPLE OF WEEKS!?!?! HIM!!!!!!

I haven't even fought him yet; in fact as I type I'm currently standing in the entryway with the guy looking RIGHT AT ME.  I have to say I didn't see this coming.  I never imagined you'd put something like this in the game, much less THAT SPECIFIC CHARACTER!!  I honestly cannot escape that game.  I'm doomed to see it repeatedly until I beat it.  Well I'M TRYING; I'M JUST TAKING A BREAK FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!

Well since I'm here I may as well say that the improvements are nice and the latest set of puzzles are as entertaining and challenging as the others.  Some glitches/bugs: I started up at Chapter 3 just to see the new content, but when I got hit by one of those pursuing choppers the game started crashing saying that it couldn't form object or something.  I shut it down and managed to get through without getting hit, but it freaked me out a little.

Sometimes when I die the top of the screen blurs and you can see the mask you're supposed to be wearing during the satellite mission.  BTW I miss that mask; the Kid now just has antennae sticking out of his head instead of the full helmet.

Giving the option to not fight the dancing boss was a good choice, but the thing was that after choosing to do away with her and then returning to Ray the tunnel to the castle was sealed off and wouldn't open.  I had to restart the chapter just so I could enter it when I'm given the option to skip the boss.  Very annoying since I wanted to have won that entry through my leet rhythm skills :P

Welp, there's a boss waiting who may or may not hand my a** on a silver platter, but given the game he's from I'm gonna be cursing and crying this night.  Keep up the good work Geezer and iron out those bugs!

Party Hard

Thenewgeezer

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna Kill The Guy (1/29/2011)
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2011, 02:36:07 am »

New version (v.045) out as of today (1/29/11) with half of Chapter 4 added. Password for it is just "Chapter4", and make sure you put it in exactly as that.

Also added goodies for when you get enough coins.

....What..... WHAT..... THE..... F***!?!??!?!  I reach the new boss of Chapter 3 and it's HIM!!  THAT GUY!!!!  THAT SON OF A B***H I'VE BEEN DEALING WITH THESE PAST COUPLE OF WEEKS!?!?! HIM!!!!!!

I haven't even fought him yet; in fact as I type I'm currently standing in the entryway with the guy looking RIGHT AT ME.  I have to say I didn't see this coming.  I never imagined you'd put something like this in the game, much less THAT SPECIFIC CHARACTER!!  I honestly cannot escape that game.  I'm doomed to see it repeatedly until I beat it.  Well I'M TRYING; I'M JUST TAKING A BREAK FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!

Well since I'm here I may as well say that the improvements are nice and the latest set of puzzles are as entertaining and challenging as the others.  Some glitches/bugs: I started up at Chapter 3 just to see the new content, but when I got hit by one of those pursuing choppers the game started crashing saying that it couldn't form object or something.  I shut it down and managed to get through without getting hit, but it freaked me out a little.

Sometimes when I die the top of the screen blurs and you can see the mask you're supposed to be wearing during the satellite mission.  BTW I miss that mask; the Kid now just has antennae sticking out of his head instead of the full helmet.

Giving the option to not fight the dancing boss was a good choice, but the thing was that after choosing to do away with her and then returning to Ray the tunnel to the castle was sealed off and wouldn't open.  I had to restart the chapter just so I could enter it when I'm given the option to skip the boss.  Very annoying since I wanted to have won that entry through my leet rhythm skills :P

Welp, there's a boss waiting who may or may not hand my a** on a silver platter, but given the game he's from I'm gonna be cursing and crying this night.  Keep up the good work Geezer and iron out those bugs!

Well im sorry to hear you didn't want to see that boss out of all places, :), but thanks for the comment. I fixed your bug in the latest version released (.045).

wow so much progress in so little time... oh and also...

OMFG THAT BOSS IS EFFING AMAZINGLY EPIC!! I literally sweated playing him! And I never thought that was possible in an iwbtg fangame! I've only gotten to his second phase 4 times and by hearing him after I died... it sounds like hell... CAN'T WAIT! and it's WAY better than the dancing queen lol

btw, I suggest you tweet the literally Bullet Hell challenge a bit, decrease the amount of bullets of some please, because sometimes it can look like this
look at the top
and sometimes even worse

Hah thanks, he is pretty tough. I did tone down that one challenge that was nearly impossible. Thanks for reminding me, and keep trying!

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2011, 08:03:05 am »

Much improved game over I must say. Has some awesome music. I guess great minds think alike I had a "tip" on the game over of my previous game, seeing it on yours made me laugh. I#ll throw you a better review once I'v eplayed some chapter 4 ;D

Squishy69

• Amicitia est magicae
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2011, 12:47:18 am »

Grrr; that one boss I ranted about is still whooping me, but I believe I made it to his very final phase.  Sigh... that final jumping part seems somewhat unnecessarily challenging in my opinion, given everything else that comes before that.  But it fits with his bull-s**t heritage no question.

You might have fixed this already but something that pops up from time to time is the sound crackles for a brief period before fixing back up.  It happens repeatedly throughout gameplay but again you may have fixed that.  Now then, back to the grind (I sure wish the other bosses aren't this troublesome X( )

Party Hard

Jksnxia

• View Profile
    • me youtube
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2011, 01:21:59 am »

Grrr; that one boss I ranted about is still whooping me, but I believe I made it to his very final phase.  Sigh... that final jumping part seems somewhat unnecessarily challenging in my opinion, given everything else that comes before that.  But it fits with his bull-s**t heritage no question.

oh it gets worse
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 02:03:20 am by Chainge »
Creativity and optimisim
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 60