I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 60

Author Topic: I Wanna Kill The Guy (4/8/2012)  (Read 472340 times)

Shr1nkyd1nk

Re: I Wanna Kill The Guy [3/18/2011]
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2011, 09:50:54 pm »

I have been reading the bug issues for the recent posts, and i have fixed most of it in the new version (v.047)

Also a new Level Editor is added

Enjoy!

New level editor? You mean you fixed the bug and remade the levels?

RevoluTion

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2011, 08:01:48 am »

Yay
Update
Testing.

Shadowlink57

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2011, 12:54:02 pm »

The miniboss in chapter 2 is impossible now. On the second phase the platforms don't rise  >:(

Thenewgeezer

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna Kill The Guy [3/19/2011]
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2011, 03:40:12 pm »

The miniboss in chapter 2 is impossible now. On the second phase the platforms don't rise  >:(
of course something has to NOT work. fixed just now and uploaded

I have been reading the bug issues for the recent posts, and i have fixed most of it in the new version (v.047)

Also a new Level Editor is added

Enjoy!

New level editor? You mean you fixed the bug and remade the levels?
which bug? there were a ton of them Lol

Shr1nkyd1nk

« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2011, 03:37:27 am »

which bug? there were a ton of them Lol

i meant to say "bugs" but i guess it was a typo

avengah

• I am the Guy, the Fangame, Pickory AND The Boshy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2011, 12:52:41 am »

I've been reading great things about this game. So, I decided to try it for myself. I've only been playing it for a few minutes, but already I'm hooked!

What's the Game Over music? It sounds like something from a Donkey Kong game. Also, I was given a password as a Pro Tip, but it didn't work.

EDIT: Unintentional (?) shortcut at the top of the really tall, lava-filling room - you can double-jump through the hole in the ceiling without using the blocks below.

EDIT2: In the room before the sword boss, if you hit the cannons and hold right, you'll go off the top of the screen. I then disappeared and fell down, eventually reappearing out of bounds.

EDIT3: I copied the EXE to a temporary directory then entered a few passwords. After entering Sewers, then dying without touching the save, it restarted me on the TITLE SCREEN. When I fell off and died, it crashed on the Game Over screen, and nothing worked. I had to use the Task Manager to exit.

EDIT4: Small glitch with the Exor sword boss - phase 2, when he does the Lightning attack, after the attack he doesn't go down again. This has both positive and negative consequences; the positive: if he decides to use Lightning again, you can stay on the ground and not get hit with the initial strike; the negative: you can't double-jump to shoot him after the Lightning attack - he's too high.

EDIT5: Actually I'm wrong. You can still get hit when you're on the ground if he does double Lightning in phase 2. Just beaten him, yay! On to Chapter 2!

EDIT6: Another possible unintended shortcut. In Chapter 2, when you meet the Bullet Bills, if you go left you reach a room with two wide green lifts, and two Bill Blasters pointing at each other. I think you're supposed to ride a Bullet Bill upwards and activate the left lift then the right lift, then quickly get back down and use the lifts to reach the left room where a coin awaits next to a door. However, almost the whole room can be skipped by simply riding a Bullet Bill downwards towards the left entrance. There is plenty of room to accomplish this.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 01:22:19 pm by avengah »

Trigger014

• Current Project: IWBT Weegee (Total rebuild)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2011, 04:31:10 pm »

What's the Game Over music? It sounds like something from a Donkey Kong game.

It's called Garden Party by Blarsa from NewGrounds.

avengah

• I am the Guy, the Fangame, Pickory AND The Boshy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2011, 04:40:38 pm »

I see, thanks! Just out of interest, how did you know?

I've been watching a couple of playthroughs on Youtube; they're of a slightly earlier version of the game, and the Chapter 1 music is slightly different. What's going on here? In the older version, when the music kicks in properly, it seems lower-pitched and louder. I know it's Megaman 9's Galaxy Man stage, but are there different versions of it?

RevoluTion

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2011, 02:17:21 pm »

I see, thanks! Just out of interest, how did you know?

I've been watching a couple of playthroughs on Youtube; they're of a slightly earlier version of the game, and the Chapter 1 music is slightly different. What's going on here? In the older version, when the music kicks in properly, it seems lower-pitched and louder. I know it's Megaman 9's Galaxy Man stage, but are there different versions of it?
One are made in Newgrounds (http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/201320)
and the new is the original one.

Rikdyou

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2011, 07:07:14 pm »

I really want to play it again. I was playing it for like a month then i left it for a while. Now when i come back to it, its stuck after the logo on, checking for updates. The an error comes up saying could not check for updates. The the game crashes. I've tried doing this for like a week now. no luck. I downloaded the latest version 4 times and it still dosent work. I really want to play I wanna be the boshy. PLEASE HELP

RevoluTion

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2011, 07:11:50 pm »

I really want to play it again. I was playing it for like a month then i left it for a while. Now when i come back to it, its stuck after the logo on, checking for updates. The an error comes up saying could not check for updates. The the game crashes. I've tried doing this for like a week now. no luck. I downloaded the latest version 4 times and it still dosent work. I really want to play I wanna be the boshy. PLEASE HELP
This dont is I Wanna Be The Boshy.

Squishy69

• Amicitia est magicae
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2011, 09:48:40 pm »

What Revolution is trying to say is you got the wrong thread.  This is I Wanna Kill The Guy, not Boshy.

Anywho I really should play through the main story, see the changes that have been implemented.

Party Hard

Thenewgeezer

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna Kill The Guy (3/27/2011)
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2011, 02:15:36 am »

Thanks for the comments guys. Added another version (v.048) with a nice Intro and redid alot of the Chapter 2 Levels. Enjoy!

Edit: uh apparently theres lag issues on the intro at the yellow/black screen, so that kind of just ruins the whole intro. I dont know why its happening....
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 04:55:33 am by Thenewgeezer »

RevoluTion

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2011, 09:20:00 am »

Yay
Update
Testing.

Quoti Quotiw
-Edit-
i loved the intro.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:23:55 am by RevoluTion »

SirRouven

• I like Touhou.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: I Wanna Kill The Guy (3/27/2011)
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2011, 09:35:08 am »

The Intro is really awesome. Something that no Fangame had before I think.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 60