I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 60

Author Topic: I Wanna Kill The Guy (4/8/2012)  (Read 477127 times)

Fred-eye-inc

Re: I Wanna Kill The Guy (3/27/2011)
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2011, 09:46:31 am »

What an intro?

Shadowlink57

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2011, 12:20:50 pm »

I found a glitch that makes the game impossible. After you beat the miniboss in Chapter 2 where you ride the bullet bill to the castle when it loads another screen of riding the bullet bill, you fall off, so you can't progress. However, I found a way to progress, the moving platforms that go up, ride them for about a few minutes then make a leap of faith to the right, if you waited long enough, you should be able to surpass all the bullet bill rooms and still be able to progress.

avengah

• I am the Guy, the Fangame, Pickory AND The Boshy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2011, 01:37:07 pm »

There's a problem with the giant Piranha Plant boss. If he does the red fireball attack where he fires a stream down, then a stream to both corners, it's undodgeable.

The first part is fine; it's the second part that can't be dodged, because the gaps in the fireball snake are too small to hide in.

EDIT: Also, at the start of Chapter 2, I decided to try some Chapter 1 challenges. The Blue Coin challenges are broken, and I completed the Dizzy challenge but it didn't register as complete. Anyway, upon returning to Chapter 2, when I reached the second Save Point, the room started spinning like in the Dizzy challenge, and I had to quit and reload the game to stop it doing that.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 02:59:28 pm by avengah »

Thenewgeezer

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2011, 03:10:21 pm »

There's a problem with the giant Piranha Plant boss. If he does the red fireball attack where he fires a stream down, then a stream to both corners, it's undodgeable.

The first part is fine; it's the second part that can't be dodged, because the gaps in the fireball snake are too small to hide in.

EDIT: Also, at the start of Chapter 2, I decided to try some Chapter 1 challenges. The Blue Coin challenges are broken, and I completed the Dizzy challenge but it didn't register as complete. Anyway, upon returning to Chapter 2, when I reached the second Save Point, the room started spinning like in the Dizzy challenge, and I had to quit and reload the game to stop it doing that.

made the red fireballs a little smaller. ill see what i can do about the other bug

I found a glitch that makes the game impossible. After you beat the miniboss in Chapter 2 where you ride the bullet bill to the castle when it loads another screen of riding the bullet bill, you fall off, so you can't progress. However, I found a way to progress, the moving platforms that go up, ride them for about a few minutes then make a leap of faith to the right, if you waited long enough, you should be able to surpass all the bullet bill rooms and still be able to progress.

fixed, sorry

What an intro?
Yes.

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2011, 03:11:58 pm »

No I know it has one I was questioning if that person meant IWKTG is one of the only fangames to have an intro.

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2011, 05:05:55 pm »

Something weird just happened. I've just done the long Bullet Bill flight after the Piranha boss, then I dropped down and went left, just out of interest. I saved it there, before going into the castle, but I didn't save inside the castle. Anyway, when I realised an update was available, I quit the game. Upon restarting the game and continuing, the little girl was outside the castle where she is at the start of the level, and when I tried to enter the castle, it killed me as I walked off the right! Luckily I'd backed up my save because of the bug, so it's not a disaster, but still, it's a nasty bug. It means I can't go anywhere - the girl won't send me to the other part of Chapter 2, and if I try to walk right into the castle, I die!

Maybe you should either make it so you can always go right to enter the castle (since the girl stops you anyway if you've not done the Piranha), or make it so you can't go back left again after the long Bullet Bill ride? Or something.

EDIT: MAJOR GLITCH in World 2, the room with red and green blocks that change the lasers. You can't use the top left exit; you die instantly as soon as you try to go through it.

Minor glitch: During the Piranha fight, if you don't jump when it smashes the platform, sometimes you don't fall, but instead stay at that exact height for the rest of the fight - you can't jump or fall, and the platforms don't affect you. This makes the fight somewhat easier, as you're always near the bottom and don't have to worry about the platforms. However, you'd be stuck at the end of the fight, as you wouldn't be able to move up off the screen.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 07:13:35 pm by avengah »

SpikesApplesDeath

• Does anybody here have any sanity left?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2011, 09:57:20 pm »

Hello, I am brand new to the forums. This is the first fangame I am going to try (since I've made an account here). I've played the more popular games like IWBTfangame and IWBTUltimatum. But this game seems good. I am at Pac-Man right now and I had to cheat on the first flying spike room where there's an electric barrier around the room and just three normal spikes. It's bringing back memories...Bad bad memories.
I had to beat IWBTG in a padded room while wearing a straight jacket.

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2011, 06:53:03 am »

Welcome to the forums. Btw just because some fangames are popular doesn't mean they're good and there's some fairly unknown ones that are superb.

SpikesApplesDeath

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 28, 2011, 04:32:49 pm »

Yea, a realized that just cause one of the fangames is popular, doesn't mean it's good. This one is good up to this point. Just got home and gonna try beating pac-man again. At this moment, I am declaring this boss as impossible, but seeing earlier posts, I realize it's not which saddens me greatly.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 04:40:57 pm by SpikesApplesDeath »

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2011, 05:44:58 pm »

Hi, can you please do a quickfix of the top left exit in the red/green block room in Chapter 2? I want to continue ASAP. Thanks!

Thenewgeezer

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2011, 06:39:10 pm »

Hi, can you please do a quickfix of the top left exit in the red/green block room in Chapter 2? I want to continue ASAP. Thanks!

its only for a coin, its not the way to go. it doesnt break the game, but im not releasing another version until i get chapter 4 complete. sorry

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2011, 09:01:31 pm »

It's OK. I used the previous version (0.47b) to collect the coin so I could carry on.

SpikesApplesDeath

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2011, 09:30:17 pm »

To the creator on the subject of the pac-man boss: You are an asshole. You made me growl at my computer and I'm pretty sure you have something to do with the pac-man/google ad on the side of my screen. So that basically means you are succeeding at making a fangame.

NVM I beat it now
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 09:39:49 pm by SpikesApplesDeath »

avengah

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2011, 11:32:20 pm »

Something weird's going on. I'm in Chapter 3, just past the mid-boss. There's a room with an enclosed red Bill Blaster at the top, firing at a red/green block. I'm supposed to time it and jump into a blue arrow, then land on a big lift that moves sideways. Now I have a choice - I can either stay on this lift until I get to the next room, or I can drop down and use a smaller lift at the bottom. This takes me back to a previous room, to an exit that was previously inaccessible due to a laser which is now deactivated. However, going through THIS exit transports me into space and I die very quickly. What's happening?

EDIT: I'm at the boss (the Council Member thingy). There's a slight problem, nothing major though. If you defeat his first form just as his attacks cycle, he goes into an endless spinning state and nothing happens. You have to make sure you defeat his first form at any other time.

EDIT2: Just been watching some footage from an older version (.044 or something). There's a coin that was removed in Chapter 3 sewers - it was in that older version but it's not in the current version. However, the hidden area that leads to the empty space where the coin used to be is still there! How come? The room in question is near the start of the sewers; about three or four rooms in. You need to hit a switch towards the right of the room then go back left, using cannons, to the gap in the ceiling on the left. Was this coin intentionally taken out, and if so, why was the secret path left in?

EDIT3: I did some more experimentation, regarding that coin that was missing.

It seems that it appears if I put in the Sewers password. My guess, therefore, is that collecting a previous coin flags THIS coin as collected, therefore it doesn't appear. I'm assuming that two coins have the same variable assigned to them, to determine whether they're collected or not. Up to the Council Member boss of Chapter 3, I've got a total of 15 coins. One of those fifteen must have the same variable as the missing coin in Chapter 3 Sewers.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 05:28:01 pm by SilentLoner »

SpikesApplesDeath

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2011, 04:47:04 pm »

I have video documentation that I spent at least 40 minutes on the second boss (The sword guy, I think his name is Exor).
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 60