I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 60

Author Topic: I Wanna Kill The Guy (4/8/2012)  (Read 472339 times)

CartezSoul

• Cartez Soul loves da games.
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna Kill The Guy (8/7/2011) NEW
« Reply #300 on: September 02, 2011, 11:44:49 pm »

It's a meme.

I didn't know that one. Shame.  :-\
It's from Legend of Zelda 2, on the NES, look it on youtube. damn, i didnt found that secret xD.

Btw, newgeezer, i tried your game, got to the piranha boss. the game is nice, not my style, i really dont like puzzles, puzzles and more puzzles, without anything funny to kill you, asshole flying spikes, etc. But is well done, i'll continue playing it. but 1 thing, the part before the piranha boss is RIDICULOUSLY hard, and after that part a boss? I think is too much frustration. I had to use cheat enginge's speed hack, and even with it, I still died like 10 times. I like that you downgraded the difficulty of the bosses, still pretty hard, maybe you wanna downgrade it a bit more, because for the 1st bosses they take A LOT of time.

Man, i gotta find that video.

Pacman and Exor were too easy, to me. I actually am on the Piranha Boss, and yes, it's taking pretty much time and frustration, but for a third boss it's okay to me.
Try Boshy. Now THAT is hard.

Y me imagino que lo sabes ya que de seguro viste a Vardoc vencerlo. Así que comparado con Piraña, es... como decirlo... ¿Filete?
Games are an Art.

IWBTFangame's Time Attack sucks.

dakaarts

• Call me Daka. I made "I wanna be the Rockman!" >:3
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 03, 2011, 01:12:47 am »

Y me imagino que lo sabes ya que de seguro viste a Vardoc vencerlo. Así que comparado con Piraña, es... como decirlo... ¿Filete?
em? pero a cual jefe te refieres? yo digo k pacman fue bien, exor bien complicado, pero piranha no se ve tan dificil. boshy... ya lo probare, esque no me gusta mucho el juego ese. y que quieres decir con filete? mas dificil o mas facil? xD
Click here to download I Wanna be the Rockman - http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=12485.0

Im 19 years old, Bulgarian. Hablo Español :3!

Merg

• View Profile
    • YouTube Account
« Reply #302 on: September 03, 2011, 04:08:57 am »

The bosses were already made so much easier. Making them even easier now would break the difficulty of them completely. In a game like this bosses should be frustrating, being able to beat them in about 10 tries is too easy.

CartezSoul

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 05, 2011, 01:04:55 am »

em? pero a cual jefe te refieres? yo digo k pacman fue bien, exor bien complicado, pero piranha no se ve tan dificil. boshy... ya lo probare, esque no me gusta mucho el juego ese. y que quieres decir con filete? mas dificil o mas facil? xD

Hablo de Boshy! xD Y cuando digo filete me refiero al vídeo de un comercial del club Marinela, búscalo en Youtube. Por cierto, ya encontré el Meme de "I am error", gracias XD.

Yo lo tomo como fácil xD Pero no sé  :P
Games are an Art.

Thenewgeezer

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna Kill The Guy (8/7/2011)
« Reply #304 on: September 05, 2011, 11:05:18 am »

Thanks for the comments guys  ;D
I'm not trying to take a few month break again, so I'll start working on this soon again.

Also, at the
geezer fight
sometimes the spiney gets glitched up to the right and left wall, even though that happens only on rare occasions, maybe you can fix it if you find the time.

Thanks for saying something, I'll fix it.

Btw, newgeezer, i tried your game, got to the piranha boss. the game is nice, not my style, i really dont like puzzles, puzzles and more puzzles, without anything funny to kill you, asshole flying spikes, etc. But is well done, i'll continue playing it. but 1 thing, the part before the piranha boss is RIDICULOUSLY hard, and after that part a boss? I think is too much frustration. I had to use cheat enginge's speed hack, and even with it, I still died like 10 times. I like that you downgraded the difficulty of the bosses, still pretty hard, maybe you wanna downgrade it a bit more, because for the 1st bosses they take A LOT of time.

Thanks  ;D. Are you talking about the room where if you jump they shoot? Or the survival part?

shdwdrgnix

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 05, 2011, 03:07:55 pm »

It seems like when I complete the challenges, they don't save.
Shdwdrgnix making little girls cry and doesn't afraid of anything: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lm9frDyam8

CartezSoul

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 05, 2011, 03:43:55 pm »

Geezer, can you help me out with something?

There's two coins I don't know how to get. I am on Chapter 3, at the Switching Boxes (The ones that changes with a single or double jump) One of them is in the building with only the Orange Boxes (Switch with botch jumps) The other one is at the building of both boxes (Blue and Orange) They seem Impossible to get, 'cause they're trapped in walls. I would show them in an Image, but I don't know how to  :-X

I really hope you can help me out with these ones.

PD: I do not talk English, so I'm pretty sure i made a Mistake, So Sorry  :-\

Thank You! :D
Games are an Art.

dakaarts

• Call me Daka. I made "I wanna be the Rockman!" >:3
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 05, 2011, 04:13:42 pm »

Thanks  ;D. Are you talking about the room where if you jump they shoot? Or the survival part?
np, i talk about the where you jump and bullet bills appear. ah, also, when you jump in the very right corner of the platform that takes you to the piranha boss, you collide against the wall of the pipe and die in the next screen with the boss xD. i found that a funny glitch though :B
Click here to download I Wanna be the Rockman - http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=12485.0

Im 19 years old, Bulgarian. Hablo Español :3!

IidoTheFox

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
« Reply #308 on: September 10, 2011, 04:57:57 am »

Hey, I've been playing through this. You may remember me whining about Exor a long time ago, well got past him in this latest version and am all the way to er..you XD You're kicking my ass lol but I'll get past ya.

I saw someone reported the glitch about the Spinys getting glitched, not sure if anyone's reported it but I had some trouble with another glitch during the Boo segment, if you turn into a Boo when against the floor, wall or ceiling you get killed by the floor/wall/ceiling, probably because you clip "into" it a bit and die as a result.

Also how long till next version? And are you really planning to make it 10 whole chapters? o_o if the game's this challenging at chapter 4 I can only imagine what you have in plans for chapters 9 and 10..XD;;
http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
Come by if you wanna see me suffer playing fangames!
Avatar by Xmatic-Zane on DeviantART.

SirRouven

• I like Touhou.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #309 on: September 12, 2011, 11:21:36 am »

so i played the new version and have something to say(warning spoilers):
the first chapter became nearly perfect, not too hard and not too easy, even the bosses are hard enough for chapter 1
the second chapter is ok too, the plant boss is really good now, it is more friendly, i don´t know what you will do with the great boss of chapter 2 (the sevond exor) but if you make him not too hard he would be good too
chapter 3 is my favourite chapter because you can fight against that hard dance boss but you haven´t to do it, also like the gravitation changes in the castle,
the great boss of chapter 3 (boshy) is really awesome i like that darkness effect which you added in the middle of the fight, and like i said earlier, i love you for the save between the two phases
chapter 4 begins with some puzzles, really good idea and fun to solve them
the middle boss of chapter 4 (the boo boss) is great too, i like the idea of fighting against him in the Super Mario World-way with the blocks
the following ghost house was a bit frustrating for me but it was ok,
now the great boss of chapter 4(geezer boss) is the point where i ended playing at the moment, in my opinion he is a bit too hard in comparision with the other bosses, it would be nice if you make him easier or something like that, i needed like 2 hours to understand that i have to collect the rupees in the second phase, but that is just my foolishness

so far the game is on the way to be the best fangame of all, but please, make it not too hard
like IidoTheFox said, i am scared for the moment if i think of the last 2 chapters that will come
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 11:23:36 am by MasterR »

Paltoko

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 12, 2011, 05:10:30 pm »

Hola, me encanta tu juego, es el primer iwbtg que jugué y el que más me gusta.
Por eso hice un video en el que paso es stage del Dj (dj boss) con los ojos vendados, ya que también ese es mi jefe favorito :D , espero que te guste.

Saludos.

Hi, i love you game, is my first iwbtg that play and are the most i liked.
I do a video of Dj boss played blidfold, because is my favourite boss :D, hope you like it.

srry really bad english xd.

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk4rbQ0atUo

Turbocharge

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 13, 2011, 05:44:56 pm »

Good job with the piranah plant boss! It seems to fit the difficulty perfectly now; not to easy, but not too tough, either. I'm enjoying the Curly Brace boss now :D

Kirby Mario

• Em... (say something intelligent) I like Waffles!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 14, 2011, 02:41:40 pm »

Your Game Is Awesome!!! now we are waiting V0.51 xD

Thenewgeezer

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 14, 2011, 05:26:33 pm »

Thanks for the comments.
I'm working on getting a new laptop right now, so then I can use my old laptop to host my server for the game all day long.
I'll probably not release a new version until I get it, which will be in about a month.
Just letting people know whoever is waiting for a new version xD
Sorry for the wait though, I'll try to get in a couple more chapters by next version. Hopefully!

Geezer, can you help me out with something?

There's two coins I don't know how to get. I am on Chapter 3, at the Switching Boxes (The ones that changes with a single or double jump) One of them is in the building with only the Orange Boxes (Switch with botch jumps) The other one is at the building of both boxes (Blue and Orange) They seem Impossible to get, 'cause they're trapped in walls. I would show them in an Image, but I don't know how to  :-X

The coin with the orange blocks, you need to hit the switch in the room above it, and find a way to get down.
The coin with both blocks.. well, its not that hard really, just move against all the walls until you find the fake walls. Near the beginning of the room.

Hola, me encanta tu juego, es el primer iwbtg que jugué y el que más me gusta.
Por eso hice un video en el que paso es stage del Dj (dj boss) con los ojos vendados, ya que también ese es mi jefe favorito :D , espero que te guste.

Saludos.

Hi, i love you game, is my first iwbtg that play and are the most i liked.
I do a video of Dj boss played blidfold, because is my favourite boss :D, hope you like it.

srry really bad english xd.

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk4rbQ0atUo

NICE DUDE! Pro skills on that video; good job! and thanks for the comment, glad you like the game  ;D

Hey, I've been playing through this. You may remember me whining about Exor a long time ago, well got past him in this latest version and am all the way to er..you XD You're kicking my ass lol but I'll get past ya.

I saw someone reported the glitch about the Spinys getting glitched, not sure if anyone's reported it but I had some trouble with another glitch during the Boo segment, if you turn into a Boo when against the floor, wall or ceiling you get killed by the floor/wall/ceiling, probably because you clip "into" it a bit and die as a result.

Also how long till next version? And are you really planning to make it 10 whole chapters? o_o if the game's this challenging at chapter 4 I can only imagine what you have in plans for chapters 9 and 10..XD;;
Yea someone reported the spiny's were glitching sometimes. Not really a big priority to me, but I'll see what I can do.
And I knew about the boo collision issues for awhile, I was just too lazy to fix it at the time. Haha. I'll fix it next version.
And about the next version... About a month max to be honest. I'm a bit busy during the week now, and when I get home, I'm too tired to do anything, haha.

@MasterR, I planned on making the Chapter 4 boss easier, because of it's length and tedious attacks. Probably annoyed a lot of people. I tend to make bosses hard the first time I make them. The testing version of that boss was twice as hard at the 3rd phase, and it had more attacks to the 1st/2nd phase. Sorry about that :P

@Dakaarts, nice find, haha. And yea, it's probably difficult for doing that the first time. I edited that room a lot to balance it out, but it's still probably a little too hard. I'll see what I can do about it.

Kinata

• What, we're supposed to play games for FUN?
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 14, 2011, 06:50:02 pm »

Maybe you should compile the hardest version of every section of the game and combine them to make a hard mode when you're done.  ;D
Disclaimer:

This author is not responsible for any headaches, frustration, blindness, high blood pressure, or suicides resulting from this post.

Read at your own risk.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 60