I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A little rant about these so called fangames  (Read 10354 times)

Kudo.

• The Guy
  • Shin Megami Tennis
    • View Profile
Re: A little rant about these so called fangames
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 09:24:34 pm »

-if you hate fangame so much...leave the forums....things havent changed for about a year or two
because the forums are totally 100% about fangames
BWAHAHAHAHA, OH BOY. I'm sorry, but this just takes the cake. I'm not going to be nice here since this deals with FACTS not opinions. Clearly you haven't looked around much so I'll save you the effort and loosen up a bit of your ignorance: The Forum Statistics
Fangames are in "Other Games" since General Games just has all the mass-post topics (A couple of counting threads, short Q&A, RPs, Mafia, etc.). Fangames are less than 10% of this forum. There are even "regular" members that disregard the board completely.
Kudo. Turn your sarcasmdar on.
I'll have to say, I dun goofed.

Everything else, I'm fine with and say that's all cleared up then. Glad we came to a conclusion.

Nickshrike

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 02:02:32 pm »

Your opinion is yours but I see this differently...

-All fangames are free...Bashing free stuff is pretty selfish and qutie frankly extremly rude
-If you havent tried making a game how the heck do you even know how to make a good game
-if you hate fangame so much...leave the forums....things havent changed for about a year or two

If I have to respect your opinion I EXPECT YOU TO RESPECT MINE!!!!

You know what, that 2nd point was exactly what I was going to post. I wish you would make a fangame to show us how its all done.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 01:51:13 am »

@oneshot77kills: STFU and GTFO

@nick: I pretty sure if you would read some of the later posts you could find my response to what DCX said. Basically I am a player and the players are the ones playing the game. So shouldn't the players be the ones that know what is fun to them and what isn't. These are all just my opinions though on what I think would make a game fun to me and this might apply to alot of other people but the way DCX worded that was pretty bad. Also DCX's statement is false because I have tried making games I just hit that mid point where I just don't want to work on it anymore and I have about 30 unfinished projects on my computer (provided 50% of them suck). And lastly no I will not make a fangame but I am working on another game right now but it probably won't be finished for a while, and I can't really start on it tell I get 2 more GB of ram for my 3D modeling program.

Also everything I've said here is just related to me and my opinion, you are all welcome to generate your own opinion just I ask you state your opinion respectfully and not attack me like DCX did.

Nickshrike

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 04:04:02 pm »

@oneshot77kills: STFU and GTFO

@nick: I pretty sure if you would read some of the later posts you could find my response to what DCX said. Basically I am a player and the players are the ones playing the game. So shouldn't the players be the ones that know what is fun to them and what isn't. These are all just my opinions though on what I think would make a game fun to me and this might apply to alot of other people but the way DCX worded that was pretty bad. Also DCX's statement is false because I have tried making games I just hit that mid point where I just don't want to work on it anymore and I have about 30 unfinished projects on my computer (provided 50% of them suck). And lastly no I will not make a fangame but I am working on another game right now but it probably won't be finished for a while, and I can't really start on it tell I get 2 more GB of ram for my 3D modeling program.

Also everything I've said here is just related to me and my opinion, you are all welcome to generate your own opinion just I ask you state your opinion respectfully and not attack me like DCX did.

ok, I understand... for now :P

Shr1nkyd1nk

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 06:03:35 pm »

Anon...you sir are officially my idol in this forum

I just read through every comment you made, even though people kept attacking and attacking against you you made flawless comments on 1: making them to shut up 2: clarify that you're the PLAYER and not the READER and 3: that you actually help people make their games good

if there are more people like you in this forum, shitty fangames wouldn't exist nor have existed!

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 06:11:49 pm »

This forum wouldn't work with so many arrogant people. Anon has decent ideas he just needs to know when to stop and to le tothe rpeople have their own opinions instead of ramming his down their throats.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 07:36:24 pm »

Anon...you sir are officially my idol in this forum

I just read through every comment you made, even though people kept attacking and attacking against you you made flawless comments on 1: making them to shut up 2: clarify that you're the PLAYER and not the READER and 3: that you actually help people make their games good

if there are more people like you in this forum, shitty fangames wouldn't exist nor have existed!
Ok just don't be my fanboy or I will smite you
This forum wouldn't work with so many arrogant people. Anon has decent ideas he just needs to know when to stop and to le tothe rpeople have their own opinions instead of ramming his down their throats.
I have never once told people what to do (well as far as I remember) I have only gave my opinion on what I think they shouldn't do. Besides I haven't ranted about a fangame in a while.

Shr1nkyd1nk

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 08:24:22 pm »

Well I gotta be honest, he goes a little overboard sometimes

*EDIT*

Ok just don't be my fanboy or I will smite you

im not in THAT level of admiring
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:56:19 pm by Awesömegöd »

furydeath

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 10:37:15 pm »

I just hate when people make em GM8 and DON"T add a way to close out of it. Hitting the little check box to have it close when you hit Esc is harder then it looks it seems.

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 12:03:54 pm »

Alt+f4.

Shr1nkyd1nk

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2011, 02:18:17 pm »

I just hate when people make em GM8 and DON"T add a way to close out of it. Hitting the little check box to have it close when you hit Esc is harder then it looks it seems.

yuo can just alt-f4 it, because people dont really know how to put an x t the program

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2011, 04:00:13 pm »

For some reason, Alt F4 doesn't actually work in my game. I'm going to try to make it activate cheats instead if I can figure out how.

Shr1nkyd1nk

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 06:22:04 pm »

For some reason, Alt F4 doesn't actually work in my game. I'm going to try to make it activate cheats instead if I can figure out how.

Are you sure about it story? because i closed it in someway but i cant remember if it was either alt F4 or esc

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 09:20:35 pm »

It must have been escape. If you press escape on the menu (or press it twice during a game), it's programmed to close.
Pages: 1 [2]