I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: So if you're wondering...  (Read 3347 times)

Dagnarok

• Neutral Good Moderator
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Commander of the USP Talon
    • View Profile
So if you're wondering...
« on: January 30, 2011, 03:46:32 pm »

Just what the hell I've been up too, then this thread is for you. If not, then politely click the arrow that is pointing to the left on the upper-right of your screen/browser.  And if you're just going to TL;DR, well consider yourself lucky; because, while I was in the middle of typing a long-ass post, my laptop decides to be a dick and cause me to accidentally backspace my IWBTF tab so far back to the point where I can't reclaim everything I had typed for over 45 minutes.  FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

So here's what happened;

Snow.  Snow. MORE FUCKING SNOW!  I've been shoveling snow for the first week straight of my absence here; and not just on my own property either; I had this idea where a group of people I know would help each other clear each other's sidewalks.  But since most of them have jobs where they're gone in the morning and afternoon, and the only other person who was available broke their wrist, I got stuck with shoveling snow from each complex area by myself; plus the lone snowblower we had was broken.  This turned me into a pissy little brat for a little while. <_<

Then there was this one person who slipped on a sidewalk near my house that I just happened to see.  But despite helping them get up, this person gets mad at me for not doing a good job of shoveling snow and threatened to send me to court.  Not only that, but one of the guys who agreed to help with the snow shoveling of each of our complexes calls me from his work saying that this person is serious about sending me to court.  This turned me into a seething recluse. >_>  Seriously, I couldn't write this up even if I tried.

Then it's discovered that the person in question has arthritis of the hip, and was going to try to use it as a crutch to gain some free money.  However, after the lot of us gang-raped said person outside of a grocery store, I had learned that the only person who thought that any potential court date was going to happen was me.  This turned me into a very depressed pile of secrets. v_v  This whole incident was completely ridiculous, and I'd like to hurry up and forget it as soon as I can.

Team Fortress 2 week then started after that, where I had spent several hours each day playing said game for seven days.  This made me happy. ^_^  It was about time I got to enjoy the game for once; Fail Spy is king in terms of fun and humor. XD

I am currently running a forum-based Tower Defense game on Furry's Lair right now.  If the beta goes well, I'll easily be able to run it on here.

Once Winter stopped being a douche, it got nice outside (hell, plus temperatures are epic!)  So I was outside a lot, but instead of shoveling snow, I got to go exercise in a manner I actually enjoy; walking everywhere I possibly can!  Unfortunately, it got cold again, so I'm trapped in the house once more.

I've been having to donate time to looking at different colleges/universities, because, obviously, I plan on going back to school.  I'm tired of not being able to find an Accounting job (it's been almost, if not over, two years), so I ended up saying "Screw you, hippie!" to it and am now deciding what I want to do.  I'm thinking of becoming a Pharmacist or a Psychologist so far; something that has more to do with people than with business would suit me just fine.  My dad laughed when I told me I wanted to be a Baker (although that's purely environmental, as I LOVE walking by bakeries just because of the smell).

I've been donating time to other games that I had been ignoring, like Elements.  Heck, I even played Realm of The Mad God and got to see Oryx die.

I actually did something on RPG Maker while I was away too; although all it was is the designing of a few test rooms for me to try stuff out.

The last two days have been me scrapping ice off of our sidewalks at my dad's request.  And doing that is A LOT WORSE than having to simply shovel snow.  Needless to say, I'm sore as all bloody hell right now as a result.

And that should cover it.  Thank you for taking the time to read this and have a nice day! ^_^

VENSER DOES NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT
NO EXCEPTIONS
Quote from: Tilyami
Shuu is like the monkey's paw if the monkey's paw was a partridge.

SilentLoner

Re: So if you're wondering...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 03:51:37 pm »

TL:DR >:(

...But seriously, I'll read this when I'm finished dealing with some other shit. Anyways, good to see you back.

ybbald

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 03:57:50 pm »

imma slip on ur ice and sew u

Dagnarok

• Neutral Good Moderator
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 04:02:39 pm »

I'LL SEW YOU GOOD BITCH!

Neko Desu

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 04:06:15 pm »

@Rag: Do you live in Alberta?

Heck, I even played Realm of The Mad God and got to see Oryx die.

Well done. :D

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 04:14:29 pm »

I agree, ice scraping is a hell of a lot worse than shoveling snow. Protip: get a steel-edged snow shovel, it works wonders. Either that or a flamethrower, although I have not tried the latter myself.

I thought it was really bad when I had to scrape all the ice off my driveway, I can't imagine doing it for a bunch of sidewalks too. <_<
Ybbald: I read that as "deadly venser"
Ybbald: and I was like
Ybbald: "when is venser NOT deadly?"

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

Yule

• Chaotic Evil Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Ooh La La
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 04:15:45 pm »

Yay, I had wondered what happened when I had seen you hadn't posted since the 9th. Good to have ya back.
"I'm pretty sure the microwave fucks with my internet, hold on for like a minute thirty to microwave my spaghetti." - Rob Lineback 2014

Dagnarok

• Neutral Good Moderator
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 04:19:42 pm »

@Mark; I live in Edmonton bro.

@Venser; You don't.  Just... you don't.

@Yule;  How ya doin'? ^_^

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 04:20:22 pm »

srs though

steel-edged shovel for the win
Ybbald: I read that as "deadly venser"
Ybbald: and I was like
Ybbald: "when is venser NOT deadly?"

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

Neko Desu

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 04:30:54 pm »

Is Edmonton colder or is Calgary colder?

Yule

• Chaotic Evil Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Ooh La La
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 04:37:43 pm »

Awesome, mate. Highlight of the year so far was conversing with Tay over XBL.
"I'm pretty sure the microwave fucks with my internet, hold on for like a minute thirty to microwave my spaghetti." - Rob Lineback 2014

Dagnarok

• Neutral Good Moderator
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2011, 04:55:10 pm »

@Mark; Edmonton, definitely.  Calgary gets more Chinooks than we do. <_<

@Yule; Tay and I had an awesome conversation on Altitude a while back as well.  Winning pro is still winning.

Neko Desu

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2011, 04:56:52 pm »

@Mark; Edmonton, definitely.  Calgary gets more Chinooks than we do. <_<

I see.

Here in southern Great Lakes' Ontario, the coldest winters are only around -25 Celsius (with wind chill).

Dagnarok

• Neutral Good Moderator
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 04:59:02 pm »

That's nothing.

It wasn't long ago we had a windchill of almost -50 Celcius.  And I HAD to go to school that day. >_<

Neko Desu

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2011, 05:03:52 pm »

Here's how I look at temperatures:

30+ degrees: TOO HOT, TURN ON AIR CONDITIONING OR I'LL DIE
20 degrees: I dislike summers, but this is okay, I guess.
10 degrees: Perfect temperature! :D
5 degrees: A bit cold, might need to put on a sweater.
0 degrees: Jacket time.
-5 degrees: It's quite cold outside.
-10 degrees: 4 layers
-20 degrees: Alright, I'm taking the bus / getting driven.
-30 degrees: NOT GOING OUT.

Pages: [1] 2