I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: My CRAP game  (Read 4292 times)

Macheezmo

• View Profile
My CRAP game
« on: April 12, 2008, 01:08:11 am »

I've been working on a game on and off in my spare time.  Originally I was going to use a lot of NES/SNES artwork, but I eventually decided to use all original content.  I'm writing it in C# with the XNA library.  It's still going to be hard like IWBTG only with probably a lot less need to memorize parts.  The game is called Completely Ridiculous Action Platformer (CRAP).  It's a tenative title, but I'll stick with it unless I can come up with something better.  Here's a quick video of the first room (which is all I really have done)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcoeJ_4nPhg

desktopdoodlz

Re: My CRAP game
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 03:24:37 am »

the game looks realy good,... it realy has the IWBTG feeling to it, the only thing that just seemed ... "weird" to me was the jumping sounds but other than that it looks great

Macheezmo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 10:08:25 am »

the jumping sounds are going to be replaced, they had fit the character I had before, but I just never redid them after I got a new character drawn for me.  I'm probably going to replace the death scream too.  Sound effects just aren't something I was too worried about finalizing yet.

desktopdoodlz

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 01:15:05 pm »

true, so when its finished are you gonna post it up on the forums?, cuz i wanna play that  :P