I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: I Wanna Be Like Brisulph *Windows 8 Patch AGAIN*  (Read 104848 times)

YoSniper

• Code blooded. Check it and see.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: I Wanna Be Like Brisulph *BETA 9.0*
« Reply #255 on: February 07, 2012, 02:09:56 pm »

Note that this is 48 hours after my last post.

I want to ask an open question to the forum. I am in the process of incorporating Boss Rush into the game. Should I have times for each level of difficulty, or should you only be able to fight the bosses on a single difficulty level (likely Regular PWNage) when playing Boss Rush?

I ask this because the difficulty level affects bosses' HP and attack patterns. Please leave a response, and don't forget to try out the latest beta!
I don't traverse the forums as much anymore. Follow me on Twitter if you want to keep tabs on me!

Twitter: @YoSniperGames
Twitch: yosniper

Streams happen whenever I feel like it.

Indigo Blue

• That fucking chilean dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 07, 2012, 02:33:58 pm »

I want to ask an open question to the forum. I am in the process of incorporating Boss Rush into the game. Should I have times for each level of difficulty, or should you only be able to fight the bosses on a single difficulty level (likely Regular PWNage) when playing Boss Rush?

I ask this because the difficulty level affects bosses' HP and attack patterns. Please leave a response, and don't forget to try out the latest beta!

i think its better if you add times for diffrent difficulties, in that way , you will allow people that is not so good for this games (like me) to still have a go into the boss rush, a lot of games fail to do this making the boss rush only for PRO players
"im going to write this here so i dont have to say it always:
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH"

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #257 on: February 07, 2012, 10:33:06 pm »

i think its better if you add times for diffrent difficulties, in that way , you will allow people that is not so good for this games (like me) to still have a go into the boss rush, a lot of games fail to do this making the boss rush only for PRO players
Okay, having different times for each difficulty sounds like a good plan. Now I should just ask: how should I go about timing the player? Should I just keep a record of the shortest time it takes to beat a certain boss and discard the deaths? I feel like I may have painted myself into a corner having the trial gate challenges unlock each individual boss.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 10:36:11 pm by Derpface Pony (YoSniper) »
I don't traverse the forums as much anymore. Follow me on Twitter if you want to keep tabs on me!

Indigo Blue

• That fucking chilean dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 07, 2012, 10:39:56 pm »

Okay, having different times for each difficulty sounds like a good plan. Now I should just ask: how should I go about timing the player? Should I just keep a record of the shortest time it takes to beat a certain boss and discard the deaths? I feel like I may have painted myself into a corner having the trial gate challenges unlock each individual boss.

have you ever played the challenge levels on portal 2 ? those that you are supposed to beat really fast?
well, do something similar , in portal 2, they count your time, and also how many portals you used, so you can compare the 2 variables with your friends on steam, so , why not do the same, exept that with time and deaths....and also...withouth the whole online thing of course XD
"im going to write this here so i dont have to say it always:
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH"

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #259 on: February 08, 2012, 12:16:15 pm »

Okay, so now I'm just pitching ideas.

I'm thinking of having two different Boss Rush modes: Individual boss fights and a Battle Royale.

In the Individual setting, you would choose a boss to fight, and would have to continue fighting that boss until you win. Your total time and number of deaths are recorded. If you die, you can switch characters at your leisure.

The Battle Royale setting is only available once you have unlocked all of the bosses via the trial gate challenges. In the Battle Royale setting, you could choose the eight bosses you fight (in any order.) If you die, you do not have to fight the same boss twice in a row, but your trial does not end until all 8 bosses are defeated. Your total time (not including your time spent on the menu) and number of deaths are recorded.

Best total times for both settings would be saved in the globaldata file.

Please let me know if this sounds like a good plan, or if you have any other ideas going toward this feature. Because of the different difficulty settings and the fact that you have to unlock all of the bosses, this feature has become much more complicated than I anticipated.

[redacted]

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 09, 2012, 06:17:09 pm »

Um, I mean...
yeah sure...

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #261 on: February 20, 2012, 08:36:13 pm »

So I feel I need to express some concern I'm having.

I have yet to even attempt to animate the remaining three cinematics for this game, and it's looking like the size of this game is just too much.

I'm getting intermittent lag running the game on my computer, even if nothing else is running. I know that if I were to release a game with this kind of intermittent lag, everyone would complain about it and it would take away from the experience.

I'm considering just scrapping the unlockable cinematics. Boss Rush is finished, so I'll leave that in, but this game just isn't going to get any smaller any other way.

Please let me know what you think I should do. If I get rid of the cinematics, the game will be ready pretty much immediately. If not, I need a new method of preventing lag.

I appreciate any and all feedback on this issue.

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #262 on: February 20, 2012, 09:24:47 pm »

Game Maker has a way of externally loading .avi files. You oculd always pre-record your cinematics and load them externally?

The only problem with this is that people can look at them anytime they want.

Rarest Pepe

• IT BEGINS
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 20, 2012, 11:01:37 pm »

Question.

What do i extract into what? The complement into the exe?

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #264 on: February 20, 2012, 11:10:35 pm »

Question.

You extract both the complement and the exe to the same folder. In the end, your folder should have the exe, and four folders named Sprites, Audio, DLLs, and Voice Clips. Then you can run the exe and everything should be ok.

Rarest Pepe

• IT BEGINS
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 20, 2012, 11:13:11 pm »

Question.

You extract both the complement and the exe to the same folder. In the end, your folder should have the exe, and four folders named Sprites, Audio, DLLs, and Voice Clips. Then you can run the exe and everything should be ok.

So, I just copy the shit into a folder. Damn, I need to be more understanding of this shit

Siwisby

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 21, 2012, 11:40:24 am »

I have 2 questions (I know they have been answered before, but I just couldn't find them):
1.I started the game and went to Area 1 (since it's the obvious route I should take) and reached the Metal Gear Solid area. Then I try to jump on top of those squares/boxes/whatever, then the alarm goes off. I continue forwards and a giant black square appears. I know if I set off the alarm, I can't rescue the other person/character/whatever. Is this supposed to happen?
2.What are those black n' white squares that look glitched? You should really put something saying what they are.

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #267 on: February 21, 2012, 11:45:02 am »

I have 2 questions (I know they have been answered before, but I just couldn't find them):
1.I started the game and went to Area 1 (since it's the obvious route I should take) and reached the Metal Gear Solid area. Then I try to jump on top of those squares/boxes/whatever, then the alarm goes off. I continue forwards and a giant black square appears. I know if I set off the alarm, I can't rescue the other person/character/whatever. Is this supposed to happen?
2.What are those black n' white squares that look glitched? You should really put something saying what they are.

1. You shouldn't expect to rescue the character in the Metal Gear area the first time through that level, unless you have already obtained the grenade lobber (which allows you to take out the cameras without being seen.)

2. The black and white points are glitch points. If you rescue Glitchmethod, his special ability is that he can warp to one of those points.

Siwisby

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 21, 2012, 11:57:06 am »

I see... Thanks!

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: I Wanna Be Like Brisulph *BETA 10.0*
« Reply #269 on: February 22, 2012, 02:04:01 am »

THE FINAL BETA HAS BEEN RELEASED!

The next release will be the final version. I'm giving everyone at least a week to find any bugs with this version so I can fix them.

I have done away with the cinematics, but Boss Rush is included now. Have fun!

I'm praying that this doesn't lag horribly.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23