I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: I Wanna Be Like Brisulph *Windows 8 Patch AGAIN*  (Read 104857 times)

Trex

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna Be Like Brisulph *BETA 10.0*
« Reply #270 on: February 22, 2012, 03:56:06 pm »

Well i was happy to play but it started by errors like : sound doesnt exist! cant draw character! what happens?  :-\

Siwisby

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 22, 2012, 04:26:47 pm »

First to the post above^  Did you download both links and put all the stuff together in the same folder?

So, I was fighting Mutator something guy, then when entered the room again, I got this.
ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object pinkiePie:

Error in code at line 2:
   if timer > 0 and timer <= 100 and instance_exists(world.charPlaying) {
      ^
at position 5: Unknown variable timer

Then the game closed. So yeah, just so you know.

YoSniper

• Code blooded. Check it and see.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #272 on: February 22, 2012, 08:56:41 pm »

So, I was fighting Mutator something guy, then when entered the room again, I got this.
ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object pinkiePie:

Error in code at line 2:
   if timer > 0 and timer <= 100 and instance_exists(world.charPlaying) {
      ^
at position 5: Unknown variable timer

Then the game closed. So yeah, just so you know.
Thanks for reporting this. I wasn't able to replicate that error exactly, but I did find something else I overlooked in the process.

Please continue to try and break my game.
I don't traverse the forums as much anymore. Follow me on Twitter if you want to keep tabs on me!

Twitter: @YoSniperGames
Twitch: yosniper

Streams happen whenever I feel like it.

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: I Wanna Be Like Brisulph *FINAL RELEASE*
« Reply #273 on: February 29, 2012, 11:25:58 pm »

FINAL VERSION HAS BEEN RELEASED! A year's work done. Finally.
I don't traverse the forums as much anymore. Follow me on Twitter if you want to keep tabs on me!

Darkwraith Axl

• Returning with newfound humanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 01, 2012, 12:56:44 am »

Im recording this fangame (in my mother language tho), and even though  I dont have any weight in this forum, I want to tell you three things.

1) Thank you for making this fangame. Yeah, there are shitty ones, there are good ones. But almost nobody gave them enough 'seriouslyness' (broken english!)  and just throw them at two weeks. But you didnt give up and keep with your work. Thank you for that, cause of that, we have this fangame.

2) Congratulations. You finally made it. Im pretty happy it cames to an end. Finally time to have some rest. Im dead serious, congratulations. This is awesome.

3) There's one think Im actually sad about. I can't find the post. But I remember when you said in one of them "When Im done with my fangame I wont help anybody anymore (talking about Fangame GM coding)". You are not the GM code master, but you know more than most people out there. They dont ask you for guidance, but you help them anyway. If its your choice to stop that, I will totally respect that. But I dont really want that. I know there's somebody with great ideas that maybe can ask you for guidance.

Anyway, thats all for my text wall. And again. Congratulations :D
> This community: Elitists pieces of shit.
> That community: Retards without a lick of taste.
Pick your poison.

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #275 on: March 01, 2012, 06:59:13 pm »

There's one think Im actually sad about. I can't find the post. But I remember when you said in one of them "When Im done with my fangame I wont help anybody anymore (talking about Fangame GM coding)". You are not the GM code master, but you know more than most people out there. They dont ask you for guidance, but you help them anyway. If its your choice to stop that, I will totally respect that. But I dont really want that. I know there's somebody with great ideas that maybe can ask you for guidance.
Well, I might occasionally help people out with code, but you have to understand that I am currently working full time and going to school full time. For the past week, I have been running on little sleep and little food. Weekends are tied up with homework and visiting my girlfriend.

To sum up, I can try to help out every now and then, but I cannot be the go-to guy for everyone's code problems.

Anyway, thank you for the kind post. Enjoy the game.

Masterlok123

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 11, 2012, 09:38:03 pm »

I have a bug:
The buttons do not respond well, take time to do it, as about 10 seconds
what is the problem?
P.s: I download the game 2 times

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #277 on: March 11, 2012, 09:46:12 pm »

I have a bug:
The buttons do not respond well, take time to do it, as about 10 seconds
what is the problem?
P.s: I download the game 2 times
Might have something to do with the shear size of the game. Some people can't even run the game for reasons that I can't explain. I have done everything I can think to do to decrease the amount of memory the game uses. What are the specs of your computer?

Masterlok123

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 11, 2012, 10:23:34 pm »

Might have something to do with the shear size of the game. Some people can't even run the game for reasons that I can't explain. I have done everything I can think to do to decrease the amount of memory the game uses. What are the specs of your computer?
Is XP.... and... is a computer! xD
I do not know which are actually, but: 1 ram, 1gb video cart and... 2.0 Ghz, AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
Not is lag.
P.s: Im bat speaking inglish, im a noob and i use the google translator xD

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #279 on: March 11, 2012, 10:36:38 pm »

I do not know which are actually, but: 1 ram, 1gb video cart and... 2.0 Ghz, AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
Not is lag.
Yeah, the game might not work so well under Windows XP. But honestly, I have no idea. The game should only use about 30MB at one time, but then again, that is a third of your available memory. Try running the game without anything else running. If that still doesn't work, then you'll probably have to get a better computer before the game will run well.

Masterlok123

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 11, 2012, 10:48:49 pm »

Not is lag.
Yeah, the game might not work so well under Windows XP. But honestly, I have no idea. The game should only use about 30MB at one time, but then again, that is a third of your available memory. Try running the game without anything else running. If that still doesn't work, then you'll probably have to get a better computer before the game will run well.
mmm... :okay: I have a bad lucky D:
I learn a windows 7 in 3 or 4 months D:
waiting...

Benxamix2

• INACTIVE
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 12, 2012, 09:48:59 am »

Actually the problem is the processor. In this new PC I can run properly Brisulph using XP (Intel Core i3). Also I doubt it was the memory usage because CleanMem does a good job, and using 2 GB in my old PC this game was still lagging the controls.

So, get a socket 775 processor and it will probably work without any problems (yours it's a 462, it's old).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 09:55:28 am by Benxamix2 »

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #282 on: March 24, 2012, 08:15:06 pm »

To all those who have downloaded the final version of this game, you may want to download the game again some time after 3/25/2012 (I'm in the process of updating the file.) There was a segment that had too strict of a time limit on Tree Trunk Fuck difficulty, so I added 30 seconds to that time limit. Your old globaldata and save files will still work just fine.

❁𝔸𝔻𝔸❁

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: I Wanna Be Like Brisulph *FINAL RELEASE, NEW LINK*
« Reply #283 on: May 09, 2012, 06:10:24 pm »

Time to review dis gaem!

Gameplay: 8/10 (plenty of good gameplay mechanics used here, most notably the guns)
Graphics: 7/10 (while plenty was ripped from other games, they were used farely nicely)
Sound: 7/10 (while much of it is good, some sound broken or sound fuzzy)
Story: 8/10 (not a typical fangame story, thank god!)
Innovation: 9/10 (some many unique ideas were used here, the creator truly is creative)

All in all, I Wanna Be Like Brisulph gets a above average 7.8, hats off to you YoSniper

'Sup, Hero?

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna Be Like Brisulph *FINAL RELEASE, NEW LINK*
« Reply #284 on: May 09, 2012, 06:30:46 pm »

so many unique ideas were used here, the creator truly is creative

That's what YoSniper is basically
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23