I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: Best Version For Recording?  (Read 2216 times)

nogard

• View Profile
Best Version For Recording?
« on: March 30, 2011, 08:06:15 pm »

Which is better for recording in this game: The slow-mo or frameskip version? I don't have a cap card yet, but I'm a little confused because the slow-mo version (apparently for slow computers and my computer is SLOW) lags like hell for me, but frameskip is a lot smoother. Could someone make all this a bit more clear to me? Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 08:13:04 pm by nogard »

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
  • man. isn't my brother cool?
    • View Profile
    • Luigi Floating On An Egg Over A Sea
Re: Best Version For Recording?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 03:49:29 am »

Since you have a slower computer, I'd recommend that you use the frame-skip version of the game.

The slo-mo version of the game is meant for if you were a purist that you needed to see every single frame of gameplay even at the sacrificing of the speed of the game. The frame-skip version allows that if your computer is a bit slower at times (and if you do plan on recording footage, it's going to be even slower due to the processing power that'll allow it to be captured), it'll skip a few frames of gameplay to keep it consistent in how fast the game is normally supposed to run.

Hopefully this cleared things up for you!
MkidTrigun is and idiot for not recognizing the fact that Venser has edited this quote.

Storyyeller

• The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 12:08:50 am »

Also, Frame skip has more glitches.

Kinata

• What, we're supposed to play games for FUN?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 05:34:25 pm »

My game can still lag during frame-skip when I'm trying to record. I guess it can't skip too many frames.
Disclaimer:

This author is not responsible for any headaches, frustration, blindness, high blood pressure, or suicides resulting from this post.

Read at your own risk.