I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 131

Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 268177 times)

Neko Desu

• The Guy
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #1680 on: May 21, 2014, 07:18:41 pm »

(Excluding S3)

What happened there?

Miracle

• Guy, did you murder Rita?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: May 21, 2014, 08:21:41 pm »

Twilicorn, duh.

Berry Punch

• Kitty's BFF
  • 40 proof noggererer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: May 21, 2014, 09:13:50 pm »

No progression throughout the season, kinda dumped on finale. That's kinda why the other seasons went so much better.
Download this [ABANDONED] shit that nobody cares about: I wanna be PHAT!

Silver

• Herd Leader
  • The Guy
  • Inifinty - so far away yet around us at all times.
    • View Profile
    • DarkLiteEntertainment
« Reply #1683 on: May 22, 2014, 05:20:12 am »

Twilicorn is not why I disliked S3, nor is it even, in my opinion, bad. She was slated to be the new princess from season one. People have been postulating she would be for that long. She is Celestia's protege, incredibly gifted in magic, and has all the skills of leadership,e xcluding interpersonal skills, which she was sent to learn about. Her becoming an alicorn was not unexpected, not unwanted, and I think everyone freaked out for no reason about it.

What WAS terrible was the writing. God the show's writing was at its lowest in S3 by far. The show was nearly unwatchable at times. So much slapdash plot and terrible characterization and continuity and...just complete lack of care for these characters! The majority of the episodes of the season I dislike! Sure it brought us Sleepless in Ponyville but that's about it :(
Because pickles.

Rarest Pepe

• IT BEGINS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: May 22, 2014, 12:37:28 pm »

>Sleepless in Ponyville

Is that what I think it is

Miracle

• Guy, did you murder Rita?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: May 22, 2014, 02:23:12 pm »

>Sleepless in Ponyville

Yes, it is.

It's about the mane six having a problem sleeping, so they decide to have an orgy.

Silver

• Herd Leader
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • DarkLiteEntertainment
« Reply #1686 on: May 22, 2014, 02:32:59 pm »

>Sleepless in Ponyville

Yes, it is.

It's about the mane six having a problem sleeping, so they decide to have an orgy.

Nailed it.
Because pickles.

Rebag102

• Twilight Sparkle
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #1687 on: May 25, 2014, 09:06:55 am »

Least favorite episodes?
For me one bad apple. I personally hate the episode because of the moral which I think is worse than feeling pinkie keens moral imo
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 06:37:20 pm by REBAG »

Silver

• Herd Leader
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • DarkLiteEntertainment
« Reply #1688 on: May 26, 2014, 09:01:40 pm »

Least favorite episodes?
For me one bad apple. I personally hate the episode because of the moral which I think is worse than feeling pinkie keens moral imo

I'm not sure. I think that episode with the mirror lake was my least favorite. First episode that truly and completely let me down, and it's definitely up there for least favorite.

In other news, this came out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL4q7BBzanI

Watching it now.
Because pickles.

Rebag102

• Twilight Sparkle
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #1689 on: May 27, 2014, 06:55:14 am »

What mirror episode?

Silver

• Herd Leader
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • DarkLiteEntertainment
« Reply #1690 on: May 27, 2014, 01:54:13 pm »

What mirror episode?

Too Many Pinkie Pies. S3E3
Because pickles.

Rebag102

• Twilight Sparkle
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #1691 on: May 27, 2014, 02:01:04 pm »

WHAT THE FUCK DUDE!? I THOUGHT THAT EPISODE WAS AWESOME AND HILARIOUS AND THAT WAS THE FIRST EPISODE I EVER SAW OF THE SHOW that and one bad apple BUT TELL ME WHY YOU HATE IT

Silver

• Herd Leader
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • DarkLiteEntertainment
« Reply #1692 on: May 27, 2014, 03:01:23 pm »

WHAT THE FUCK DUDE!? I THOUGHT THAT EPISODE WAS AWESOME AND HILARIOUS AND THAT WAS THE FIRST EPISODE I EVER SAW OF THE SHOW that and one bad apple BUT TELL ME WHY YOU HATE IT

I appreciate that it got you into the show, hahah. But the writing was just really meh in that episode. Pinkie happens to know this Legend of the Mirror Pool that even Twilight, in all her studies, does not know. She knows it due to her nanna, but it's in the Everfree Forest, a location near Ponyville and Canterlot while her family always had lived on a rock farm far away from that location. And despite it being significant to her family lore she never once went to it despite being next to it this whole time.

And right when Twilight needs to learn about what's going on, Spike finds a secret compartment that was never found before despite all the reading Twilight does which happens to contain the exact book she needs for this situation.

It had a lot of fun, now iconic jokes, and the banter was nice, but it was difficult to see character growth happen when most interactions were with her copies. And normally I can excuse writing laziness if it's minor but the poor writing was way too egregious in this episode. It was the first episode that made me feel like I was watching a show for children instead of something written cleverly for everyone.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 03:03:18 pm by Silver »
Because pickles.

Rebag102

• Twilight Sparkle
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
« Reply #1693 on: May 27, 2014, 03:12:14 pm »

I appreciate that it got you into the show, hahah. But the writing was just really meh in that episode. Pinkie happens to know this Legend of the Mirror Pool that even Twilight, in all her studies, does not know. She knows it due to her nanna, but it's in the Everfree Forest, a location near Ponyville and Canterlot while her family always had lived on a rock farm far away from that location. And despite it being significant to her family lore she never once went to it despite being next to it this whole time.

And right when Twilight needs to learn about what's going on, Spike finds a secret compartment that was never found before despite all the reading Twilight does which happens to contain the exact book she needs for this situation.

It had a lot of fun, now iconic jokes, and the banter was nice, but it was difficult to see character growth happen when most interactions were with her copies. And normally I can excuse writing laziness like this but it was way too in your face in this episode. It was the first episode that made me feel like I was watching a show for children instead of something written cleverly for everyone.
Dude, your least favorite episode should basically have nothing that could make you even slightly enjoy it. I HATE one bad apple due to the moral which is basically tell an adult about bullying and you won't be a snitch and all your bullying problems will go away, as a kid who had anger issues and was bullied mentally and sometimes physically and told a teacher every time and they did Jack shit not to mention I had no real friends and the ones I did have are now complete douches and never stood up for me that feels like a kick to the balls. Also the episode was unfunny and very bad in general veggie salad? Them trying to get back at babs by drowning her in the river,no sure the song was good and still one of my favorites but that isn't enough to get through such bad writing and moral

Just my 2 cents

Silver

• Herd Leader
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • DarkLiteEntertainment
« Reply #1694 on: May 27, 2014, 03:26:26 pm »

It had a lot of fun, now iconic jokes, and the banter was nice, but it was difficult to see character growth happen when most interactions were with her copies. And normally I can excuse writing laziness like this but it was way too in your face in this episode. It was the first episode that made me feel like I was watching a show for children instead of something written cleverly for everyone.
Dude, your least favorite episode should basically have nothing that could make you even slightly enjoy it. I HATE one bad apple due to the moral which is basically tell an adult about bullying and you won't be a snitch and all your bullying problems will go away, as a kid who had anger issues and was bullied mentally and sometimes physically and told a teacher every time and they did Jack shit not to mention I had no real friends and the ones I did have are now complete douches and never stood up for me that feels like a kick to the balls. Also the episode was unfunny and very bad in general veggie salad? Them trying to get back at babs by drowning her in the river,no sure the song was good and still one of my favorites but that isn't enough to get through such bad writing and moral

Just my 2 cents

Every other episode contains elements that make me like them more than Too Many Pinkie Pies, not to mention that episode is more than an isolated episode to me but a reflection of the ability for the show to let me down and the spearhead to a season that I disliked overall.

Also I hated the song in One Bad Apple. I think it's too pop-y and not at all on the level for Ingram to write.

I want to also note that the show cannot be held at fault for its moral when it's the adults in your life that failed you. The show isn't wrong, you just had bad adult figures. If I hated an episode every time a moral did not work out for me as it should have I'd hate half the series. But because these morals didn't work out for me is part of why I LOVE the series. These are important morals of which it's good to be reminded. Good to be shown after going through a life where they didn't exist. Good to remind the viewer of what life should be instead of what they experienced.

I wasn't a huge fan of One Bad Apple myself but it wasn't my least favorite, and I certainly enjoy Babs as a character. It's a CMC episode so it purposely attacked a more childlike issue; the issue of bullying. It gave us some more background on SS and DT and overall had some form of merit, in my opinion. Too Many Pinkie Pies gave me nothing of value.

Unsurprisingly, both are S3 episodes.

Because pickles.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 131