I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Venserquest  (Read 10040 times)

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Venserquest
« on: May 07, 2011, 01:46:17 pm »

You wake up in a dirty, old public restroom. The floor tiles are cracked, various stains cover the faded walls. You hear the dripping of a leaky faucet nearby. The trash can is tipped over, gum, paper towels, wrappers, refuse lay scattered about on the floor. You sit in the stall, your head next to the base of the porcelain throne. Several yellow lines run down the base, evidence of the previous users' inabilities to aim. On the ground next to you is a metal attache case, locked tight. On your person is a 9mm handgun, $34 in cash, and a cell phone.

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
Re: Venserquest
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 04:59:06 pm »

Check the contacts on the phone.
Ybbald: I read that as "deadly venser"
Ybbald: and I was like
Ybbald: "when is venser NOT deadly?"

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 05:27:13 pm »

Your contact list is empty.

You apparently don't have friends, or at least you don't have any friends worth talking to.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 05:54:53 pm by DraconicDescendant »

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 09:17:15 pm »

Check and see if there's any useful information on the phone - a call log, a saved text file, anything.

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 09:20:56 pm »

You check the phone for past calls, and find that they're all to one person, or just a single number. You have a text from the same number as well.

Venser, just get the suitcase, get out. Run around for a while, then head back for base when you're sure nobody's following.

That text was received just five hours ago. Right now it's 7:30 PM.

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 10:06:33 pm »

Take the suitcase and exit the stall. Search my memory to see what I know of this base, or this call. See if I remember anything at all.

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 10:16:48 pm »

You come up fuzzy on most of the details. You recall working for a group of mercenaries, you've been with them since an incident involving your university of choice withholding your master's degree. You think you know where the base is, and you know that you're trying to be subtle, but you may use deadly force if necessary. As for the attache case, you don't know what's inside, or who it belongs to. You recently acquired it after killing a man, a man that was told to watch it.

You step out of the stall. You become aware of loud club music outside. The loud bass shakes your teeth, pounds in your chest. You swear that staying here would be extremely detrimental to your hearing. Perhaps you should get back to base now.

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 10:39:20 pm »

Well, I guess that's good enough for me.

Head back to base. Walk, if it's close enough. If not, hail a taxi or do whatever it is I have to do.

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 10:49:48 pm »

You enter the heated atmosphere of the club outside. Some sort of dubstep mix is playing, flashing lights capable of causing epileptic fits strobe over the dance floor, where several dozen people are freestyling. A pervasive smell of smoke permeates the air, most likely originating from the bar. You walk as quickly as you can for the exit, but upon seeing a few suspicious-looking characters standing on either side of the door, whom you judge to not be bouncers, you decide that you may want to reconsider your course of exit.

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 11:28:51 pm »

Check for any alternative exits. Make sure my 9mm is ready just in case. Safety off and all that.

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 11:37:26 pm »

You think you see an alternate exit by the bar, most likely leading into the back alley. The safety is off.

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 11:41:17 pm »

Well, that sounds extremely safe. Keep an eye on the suspicious characters as I use the alternative exit.

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 11:52:49 pm »

You think you see one briefly make eye contact with you before pulling out a Bluetooth headset and talking with somebody over it. You open the door, the alleyway behind it revealing used to you. You step out, the music still audible through the walls of the club behind you. You observe a dumpster filled with trash next to you, the front of the alley unblocked just a short distance away.

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2011, 04:42:25 pm »

Stroll out and head in the direction of the base, watching for pursuit.

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2011, 04:46:05 pm »

You start walking quickly, turning right upon exiting the alley. The streets are moderately crowded, the setting sun is very low on the horizon. You keep walking, but you're quite sure you see the two men that were in the club a moderate distance behind you.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12