I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: -=- IWBTG 1.-1.0 RELEASED -=-  (Read 58219 times)

Kayin

• Well.. They're more like giant cherries...
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
Re: -=- IWBTG 1.-1.0 RELEASED -=-
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2007, 05:12:17 am »

whomgz another form plz let there be a non-killing save

And I'm using the frame skipper, as I tried the slowdown and I couldn't get past the cart ride section with the Cheep-Cheeps b/c they hit me and suddenly Iiiiiiii'mmmmmmm ooooveeeeerrrrrrrrr thhhheeeeerrrrreeeeeee iiiiiiinnnnnn ssssslloooooowww bam I die.

Again, though - frackin' awesome game and my only complaint is the lack of a Kirby boss.

...and my crashiness, but that's not your fault.

Also try the "help shit run better option'. It might help keep things steady by removing some occupancy effects.

If you slay the evil save it become a real one. Also, I didn't mean form. Sorry, I was dumbz. but theres one more sequence. Two forms, 3 sequences each.

Mr_Jarna

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2007, 05:14:42 am »

I know you can kill it, it's just annoying to come so far after trying for so long only to have something that's kinda hard to examine closely turn out to be ALMOST like something you've been happy to see for so long, but then you die.

And after I post this I'm unpausing and attacking the last eyeball I'll EVER have to shoot in this game :D

EDIT:  I WON I BEAT THIS DAMM GAME
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 05:17:51 am by Mr_Jarna »

Kenzya

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2007, 05:37:31 am »

I won.. I am... I am the guy..

Finally..

Happy? No.. The final climax was one of emotion evoked by emotional ties. Like a romantic comedy.. fun in the beginning sad at the end. Good bye game.. good bye. I will miss you.. forever.

Kayin

• Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2007, 05:39:02 am »

Congratulations!

There will be more. Do you think I'd cut off the suffering? I have only begun!

Mr_Jarna

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2007, 05:45:19 am »

Congratulations!

There will be more. Do you think I'd cut off the suffering? I have only begun!

Do you think I'd cut off the suffering?

the suffering?

OH DEAR GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Squidget

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2007, 05:51:04 am »

I closed the game after saving at the final tower to go do something else, and now my save isn't reloading properly.  When I try, the screen goes to another brownish area with platforms and spikes and seems to get stuck.  It looks like it's stuck in an infinite "Load Frame X" event.  This didn't happen when I just reloaded from a death with R, only when I actually restarted the game and reloaded the save.  Is this a bug that can be fixed, or is there another save I can use at that point?

Great work on the whole palace though.  I loved the entire Hall, and the Labyrinth.

Kayin

• Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2007, 05:55:56 am »

wtfs. Upload your saveso I can take a look. Thats pretty weird. If I can fix it, I'll replace it.

(I made a thread for this stuff in suggestions just now. I suggest posting it there.)

(also I'm going to bed so I'll do this tomorrow)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 06:10:11 am by Kayin »

A Wheaten Buying

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2007, 05:59:06 am »

Awesome. I'm a glutton for punishment. On the back of the expected success of IWBTG I'd imagine you will eventually have a large enough audience to unleash the next wave of 8-bit masochism on the world!

I'm intrigued by this labyrinth (I'm downloading the beta now) as it seems to be one of these 'classic moments' people talk about in Zelda games. I eagerly await the final area.

I Wanna Be The Guy!

Captain Soap

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2007, 09:11:18 am »

Can't help but notice how little cheering for Kayin is taking place on this thread. Let's all congratualate him for his momentous finish to this wonderfully evil game.
As much as we're happy that we've now beaten the guy, coding and debugging is arguably more aggravating than the game itself. So great work man, a job well done: whatever's higher than the guy, you are it! :fruit:
Go back to a time when men were men.

FYNDR

• =^0_._0^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2007, 01:32:16 pm »

Kayin has become... the DOUBLE guy...

Bravo, man. Bravo.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who make lame ass jokes about binary and those who don't.

Sore Thumb Gaming: http://sorethumbgaming.proboards54.com/
Visit and discuss gaming in all its glorious forms!

Makaris

• Worst Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Rock and ROLL. Get it? You will. Oh yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2007, 02:03:48 pm »

There, the teeming masses of the weak, the unskilled, the noob, the scrub… Like mindless sheep they played their Final Fantasy’s, and their Halo’s, and their Zelda’s.  For a time, they found many of their desires fulfilled.  Wonderful graphics, sound and (some would say) game play continued to meet their every lowering standards, and to these poor unenlightened souls all was good.

But something was missing.  These creatures, all willing to squawk, mouths agape, waiting and crying out for the mighty Companies to vomit sustenance…  These creatures didn’t know it, but in their very hearts they longed for something more.  A certain, secret need was left unmet.  Though few dared speak it, all knew it. 

They needed to be challenged!  As it stood, games failed to test the worthiness of their players.   All could play, that was true… but with such games none could excel!  Glory was an impossibility because it was, technically, and inevitability. 

It seemed hopeless.  But when it seemed that games would never satiate that hidden need, when the desire for truly won Victory was at it’s most needed… a Savior came. 

The world needed IWBTG, and Kayin brought it to them.  Though there would be those that oppose it, those that continue to stand aghast at the prospect that games might finally be what they should be, what they always should have been… they would know that the Truth had come.  They would either test their mettle or, in failing, vindicate at last the sheer worthlessness of their existence.

IWBTG is ready for you, but are The People ready for IWBTG?  Time will tell, as the men, The Guy(s) are separated from those weaklings that continue to suckle the bitter milk of modern gaming.

I'm very proud of Kayin for seeing this most noble project through to its conclusion.  God knows how many pet projects I've been a part of that died far, far before anything resembling an entire legitimate game had been created.  I think IWBTG is the first step on a long, arduous, yet enjoyable road of creation that will likely become more than a simple hobby. 

Way to fucking go!

It’s crazy to think that this project is less than a year old.  I fondly remember the initial stages of design, where my frustration was not a side effect, but a goal.  I remember testing Tyson out on during my break… it’s amazing to see how far it’s come since then. 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 02:11:09 pm by Makaris »
:kid:This Signature is worth two The Guys :kid:

Lamentful MiSS

• I'm a girl thank you very much
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2007, 02:19:29 pm »

I was playing it just now~
Damn apple-cherry things D<
im in ur boardz disruptin ur peece D:!!
I love me some glow.
Once JENoVA

neodrakan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2007, 04:06:03 pm »

finished it today on medium,i'm gonna go back and do it on V.Hard and give my final analysis after work...

Xylon Lionheart

• Maieusiophilia!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2007, 06:06:22 pm »

If you can beat The Guy, you can beat Very Hard.  All the challenges of Very Hard are still easier than The Guy.

the player

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2007, 10:20:19 pm »

One guy down... Thanks Kayin for a wicked game. Had a blast becoming, THE GUY!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5