I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26

Author Topic: Liquidquest  (Read 25038 times)

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Liquidquest
« on: May 25, 2011, 05:51:00 pm »

You wake up, sitting in your night clothes, in your bed. You have just had a dream. You scramble for your journal to write it down, but fumble around in the darkness and fall onto the floor. You reach for your lamp, turning it on but also recoiling from the sudden light. You are in your house, a medium-sized two-bedroom two-bath home. You are an accomplished young scientist, quite intelligent, but lacking physically. It is the middle of the night.

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
Re: Liquidquest
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 06:06:07 pm »

I rub my elbows. "Damn it! Always with the dreams! And I always misplace that pathetic little pamphlet!"

Irritable, rubbing the sleep from his eyes, Raphael looks around for his dream journal. Is it in plain sight? Or a drawer?

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 06:07:29 pm »

You remember that normally you keep your dream journal in the nightstand next to your bed. You usually don't have these sorts of fiascos, but something about this dream in particular is worth noting.

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 06:09:17 pm »

"And it's already fading. Brilliant." Raphael has a tendency of talking to himself.

I search for the nightstand, and look around it, in case it might have fallen.

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 06:14:36 pm »

You open the nightstand, finding the small journal. You pick it up, along with your fountain pen, and begin writing it down.

There it was...a sawblade, red hot, spinning. You picked it up, and then cut your own head off with it. Then, your body picked up your still living head, and placed it onto some machine...you're not quite sure what it was, but you knew that the machine had thousands of arms, and you could control every one with a mere thought!

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 06:18:15 pm »

Raphael stops writing and reads it. And again. Several times.

"I've been working too hard. I need to take a vacation."

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 06:21:28 pm »

Of course, this could be another inspiration. The power of a single human mind...running an entire factory! An entire assembly line! Remarkable.

It's still the middle of the night, but you're up now, so you might as well do something.

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 06:24:13 pm »

Raphael ignores the call of his plush sheets. "Blast it all, I'm too much of a hard-worker. I've got to start on some schematics..."

He sits down at his well-lit desk, grabs his notebook, and starts scribbling down theoretical schematics for a neurologically-driven input device.

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 06:57:13 pm »

The complexity of the human mind is a challenging thing to grasp. You could start with something simpler, a sheep, perhaps? The computer required to run it all would have to be large beyond belief, and the power? How much electricity would you need to keep the brain alive?

You come up with a rough schematic, but it would need testing. First off, the machine. Your second version could connect a single arm, and then the next version two, all the way up to a dozen arms!

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 07:18:50 pm »

"I'll call it... The Deva Project," Raphael says, stifling laughter. He knew something like this would be very difficult to find funding for. No, primates would be better specimens - the testing would be more difficult, but in the instance of success, it would be much easier to integrate to human minds.

But what kind of machine should be used?

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 07:23:20 pm »

The same type that everybody uses. One of brass, copper, iron and steel! Powered by steam, the main power source of this society. It is the dawn of a great age for scientific advancement, a world pioneered by human imagination and ingenuity!

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 07:26:09 pm »

"But this... A machine of this magnitude would be far too taxing on a steam power source... I would need far many... And the computer I would need! This project is ahead of its time."

He sighs and puts his head in his hands.

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 07:30:13 pm »

You have no idea what you are talking about, you forgot that advancements in technology have made steam much more efficient than ever before! This project is quite possible, all you would need is the computer, and monkeys. Plenty of monkeys.

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 09:47:54 pm »

lol setting

But the computer!
"No computer has been made domestically available that could possibly handle such an undertaking as handling components of the brain of any mammal... This is a conundrum..." Am I going to have to make my own?

DraconicDescendant

• The Guy
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 09:57:57 pm »

You might be able to cooperate with someone. You have an acquaintance by the name of Alfred Gersch, but you'd have to wait until morning to call him or stop by. He's been working on computation mechanisms since you last met him.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26