I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40

Author Topic: Mafia 18.3 - NIGHT 6 END - SOLAR ECLIPSE STORM / END OF THE WORLD FINALE END  (Read 51673 times)

Evan20000

• Nuke 'em
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Forum Archangel
    • View Profile

Amazing mafia was amazing.

Your videos could just be you in a Nazi outfit, shitting into a bucket while doing the can-can and they'd already be miles ahead of Pewdiepie.

Neko Desu

• The Guy
    • View Profile

Why can't all Mafia games be like this? Most of them are just Town v.s. Mafia with no side groups or roles with really special abilities. Or a Deadpool.

SilentLoner

...This game lost me in the end. It was still better than any of the last ones I played, though.

Ellipsis

• Ellipsis
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • If Not Equal Limited

Yeah, what did happen at the end?

Neo

• God of Music. Also, Mort was sexually assaulted by Bidoof.
  • HUZZAH
    • View Profile

Working on it guys. Post will be up soon.
So you gonna fight me with that thing?
Damn turrets. Damn Vinewalls. Damn Lasers.Damn Ceiling. Damn GUY

4/5/11 Never Forget.
Derf <3's Neo for making him a mod <3

I think we should just add to the rules that I'll be in every mafia by default.

Fred-eye-inc

I understood the end but then I was a key role in it so.

Liquid I revived Mort with his curse word.

And grats Neo, I've only played a few Mafia games but this was definately the best and I'd love more like it.

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile

Liquid I revived Mort with his curse word.

Well-played, death-seer.

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile

Basically the entire key to this game was the Death Seer role. Other than that, the town was completely fucked, as Liquid said. If the Death Seer had died early on, there would have been no chance for the town at all. This was an incredibly anti-town game except for some extraordinary strokes of luck on the part of Derf and myself. The Traveler role was fairly integral to the game, so I know exactly what happened, but I won't explain it all as I have to go now. Derf or Neo can explain everything. Or Mort.
Ybbald: I read that as "deadly venser"
Ybbald: and I was like
Ybbald: "when is venser NOT deadly?"

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

Mort, the Lonely

• ¡Lamerator!
  • Least Powerful Moderator
    • View Profile

Well, if Derf or Neo can post my clue, I can have a chuckle while you try and figure it out.
“Oh my god if Mort came back I am so going to kill someone.”

Fred-eye-inc

"So, that retarded uncle that told Indigo nacho's go......well with bacon. Have you seen him lately?"

Mort, the Lonely

• ¡Lamerator!
    • View Profile

I don't remember it being like that... or having the ellipsis.

Which means... Neo figured out my original clue and made it easier...

YOU DEVILISH DEVIL!

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile

I feel like there's still a lot to this game that I don't know. And I love that.

Mort, the Lonely

• ¡Lamerator!
    • View Profile

All I know is I blew up Stu, pwnd the remaining shadows and cast Liquid into a vortex of eternal damnation.

Not bad for a days work.

Neo

• HUZZAH
    • View Profile

I hope this game helped to restore the spirit of mafia we once had. I may do another game in the future (this one was actually based on one role of a bigger game I planned awhile back, you might remember how that turned out (Remember that thread, "Boat"?)) but now you guys should start up some so I can play them :P

GMing/Scene Writing is SO FUCKING TIME CONSUMING, I haven't been able to do anything else during that time. So now back to working on song requests in this thread, and listening to the Ayreon albums. (BASE A GAME ON AYREON GUYS)

I know there are a lot of problems with this and my GMing though (Stu has a few for me I know at least) so bring on the criticism!! Now, here's the GM sheets. They are very long and somewhat confusing, and kind of chaotically organized, but they're what I went on.

Please don't tl;dr.

: Original Game Plan Brainstorm Thumbnail Thing (I don't think I actually went with this fully, because Shadows weren't really good now were they? • show
Mafia 18.3 game plan

The town has been cursed. By a haunted statue. Duriel (has the “3” in it)

Town starts on clear day, with a storm over the horizon. Everyone is told through PMs that they are townies, but no-one knows that everyone is. A cracked stone tablet sits in the center of the town. Resting next to a giant Duriel statue set up like a lynching post with a rope hanging from it's claw.
   Votes to lynch Lion (by the story townies) are quickly made, and as Lion pleads with the town that he's not the bad guy, and lynching him would be a big mistake, but town won't listen (in the story) the storm approaches.
   After one real life hour, the storm pushes in. Lion is strung up, with his final words and just as he is hung, lightning tears a rift in the sky where a beastly yellow eye stares down at them. Dark flying things and lightning and fire pour through the sky into the ground. The world around the townies bursts into flame, and then nothingness.
   Stone Tablet reads “Now we can begin” in light.
(Elaborate on story)

It is then Night (mostly for show, as Mafia won't kill anyone, in fact, wait till the end of night (but make it short)), and everyone is given their true roles. Give shadows their roles during night, and to pick a number 1 – 3. During the first kill, the mafia with this number doesn't know that he is mafia (they can't seem to remember who he is, and he thinks he is Vanilla Townie.) but during the 2nd night he is Mafia again. Tell town there may be sleepers about.

Teams :

3 Mafia (Mafia includes Shadow Lord) (He dies, all shadows die.)
2 Shadows (Technically townies)
8 Town (No vanilla)

Mafia: One day, a trio of Mafia moved into the town of _______. A simple trio of killers, they just wanted to take over. One man, however, had much bigger plans. He unleashes hell and is responsible for the Shadows, thus making him the Shadow Lord. Their GOAL is to make townies = mafia, but the one who becomes Shadow Lord's goal is different.

Shadows. People like Town, but with a variety of powers, but can't kill. Shadows are a group separate from the mafia or town. Shadows work alone, but know who they are. Unlike the mafia, they don't need to work together to use their powers. Their GOAL is to survive.

Role List, the Real One (The PMs I sent everyone, with the added special powers they may not have known about)

: Shadows • show
SHADOW PM

You are not a Vanilla Townie.

You are a Shadow. A dark force released from the rift on Dusk 0. Shadows are the 3rd party in this game, not revealed to the town, and separate from the Mafia or Town. The rest think you are just townies, you register as townies. You have a 50% chance of being killed if the Mafia targets you. The Shadow's goal is survival. YOU WIN IF YOU SURVIVE. Shadows work alone, but know who they are. Unlike the mafia, they don't need to work together to use their powers, except for one.

Powers: (Each shadow can use one power per night or day, but not both.)

Whisper: May PM GM to add one vote to any vote count anonymously (along with their normal vote) (this will not be announced to the town.) (only the original Shadows have this)

Blur: May choose a number 1-13, and you'd keep whatever role you got secret for as long as you live. You will not know who it is. When that person is investigated, the investigator will see “Only a dark force clouding their soul.” (The same as they'd see for Shadows) Only one use per Shadow for the whole game.

Banish: Requires 3 shadows, or to be contacted by the Shadow Lord. At least 3 shadows must agree to use it, and no other actions for that night. Can choose somebody (even among themselves) to disappear the next day(not be present to vote) or at night (can't be visited, investigated, killed, etc) 
Can't disappear the same person twice in a row.

Possession: This can only happen if you are visited by another player. If I say you have been visited, you can send me a PM telling the other player who to vote for and what to say. I will tell that player, and for the whole day, they must vote/say what you tell them to, and say what you told them to. They will not know who is controlling them. You can only control one post/condition, and then they can speak for themselves, but they can't deny/change their vote or say they've been possessed. They must act normal.

Warning: If you choose to go through with possessing, they WILL find out who possessed them when that day ends, and nothing is stopping them from outing you.

Other info:
- At beginning of the game, roles are not revealed to the town and rules are very obscure. This is thanks to the Shadows haunting the town.

- As long as Shadows live, one random role ability or rule per shadow is revealed at random times per phase. It will be revealed on the stone tablet, as well as the first post.

- When people die, they go to a pool of dead souls. When 3 people are in the pool, they send one of the dead to become a Shadow (either volunteer or random, depending on activity). This is not announced to the town.

- When people are TURNED into Shadows from death, it is best that they stay silent. Going from dead to shadow gives them the abilities to use behind the scenes, but it will still be suspicious if they just reappear in the town. The point is to not get caught and cause general chaos.

- If you have questions, ask through PMs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOUR FIRST TASK OF DISORDER AND DISTORTION, PICK A NUMBER 1 - 3 AND PM ME! FIRST TO REPLY WITH THE NUMBER HAS MADE THE CHOICE. I WILL TELL YOU WHAT YOU'VE DONE AFTER YOU'VE DONE IT.

SHADOWS ARE CURRENTLY SIBARE, AND ELLIPSIS. YOU ARE FREE TO TALK TO HIM. PLEASE INCLUDE ME IN ANY PRIVATE MESSAGES YOU GUYS SEND.

I WOULD START BEING LESS WANTING TO BE VOTED INSTIGATING IF I WERE YOU SIBARE.

ENJOY YOUR TRUE ROLE PERFECT FOR TROLLING.

: Psychic • show
PSYCHIC PM

You are not a Vanilla Townie anymore.

The events of Dusk 0 changed you for the better. You have become adept with psychic powers as, the Psychic

Town Investigation role. Each night, starting Night 1, you can tell a person's role and alignment, as well as if they visited anyone. Congrats.

Any questions, PM me.

: Psychic Apprentice • show
PSY APPRENTICE PM MODE 1

The dark events of Dusk 0 changed you for the better. It has awakened psychic powers within you. You are still struggling with them though.

You are the Psychic Apprentice

Town Investigation role. Here's how it works, your powers grow to a new level each night. During the first night (night 1, not 0), you can investigate a person to see if they've visited someone before. If the role Psychic is killed by the Mafia, Psychic Apprentice is pushed forward by one phase out of anger.

Each night, you will get a new PM telling you about your upgraded power. You have potential to become a successful Psychic if you make it to Night 4.

Any questions, PM me.

ANNNNNDDDDD here are the other things that COULD'VE HAPPENED had he lived.

2nd night, can find one word of a person's role name. 33% of being wrong (a substitute role will be given)
3rd night, can find a person's alignment.
4th night, gets all the powers of Psychic PLUS the ability to 100% the Don.

If Psychic is killed by the Mafia, Psychic Apprentice is pushed forward by one phase.
If Psychic is killed by the Mafia while Psychic Apprentice is in “Psychic” mode, Psychic Apprentice becomes another Chaos Psychic.

: Soul Healer • show

The dark events of Dusk 0 changed you for the better. It has awakened the psychic powers of light within you.

You are the Soul Healer.

Town Doctor role. You are the light of the town. Each night, you protect a target from anything but sacrifice. You can protect yourself instead, but only once. Other abilities will be revealed as the game progresses and/or if other conditions are met.
Upon your death, all is not lost...

Any questions, PM me.

ANNNNNDDD HERE'S THE FULL ROLE

Protects a target, no matter what (besides sacrifice). Can protect himself as well, but only once.
Upon his death, his power spreads to 3 townies, and they each have 33% ability to protect others along with their normal power.

If Traveler meets with Witch and then Soul Healer, Soul Healer gains the ability to destroy Shadows. Soul Healer heals a person, and if they are Shadow, they die. It doesn't work on the Shadow Lord.
UNLESS If the aforementioned Witch has discovered the Shadow Lord, and connected with the Traveler, who connected with the Soul Healer. Then, if SH heals the Shadow Lord, Shadow Lord's powers are broken and becomes a vanilla townie. With no Shadow Lord, the Shadows win and the town wins. 

: Sacrificer • show

The dark events of Dusk 0 changed you, “for the greater good of the town!” As you would say. You are the leader who lynched Lion in the story. You believe so strongly in sacrifices and judgment, that your will was changed into a supernatural power from the storm.

You are the Sacrificer

Each night, to use your power, you must first ritual sacrifice one person of your choosing. If the person is townie, you can choose to kill someone else. If the person sacrificed is mafia, that's your kill for the night.
Beware: You may sacrifice the wrong role, and wind up with very negative effects for the town. More on this will be revealed to you later.

BUT IT'S BEING REVEALED NOW.

If he were to sacrifice a Shadow, he would become a Shadow. However, if he were to sacrifice a townie, he could kill a Shadow without penalty. He could also choose to use himself for the sacrifice..

The sacrifice can not be blocked, and the one chosen to die can't be blocked, unless FULLY protected. More on that later too. (By this I meant the Soul Healer, or ALL of the Soul Healer fragments vote to protect the same person.)

Finally, if you are visited, the visitor will become the sacrifice, instead of you choosing. If you are targeted by the mafia, you have a 50% chance of killing them, or them killing you.

Each night, you can choose to go to sleep instead of using your power. You will not learn of any visits until this choice is made. The advantage to going to sleep is you won't accidently kill anyone, or any visitors. You will be safe and do nothing. But you cannot sleep for more than 3 nights.

Any questions, PM me.

: Death Seer • show

The dark events of Dusk 0 changed you for the better. It has awakened psychic powers within you, the powers of darkness. Not evil, dark.

You are the Death Seer

Oh boy this one's going to be a pain to explain.

You have developed a connection with your senses, and death, and as such, you begin the game knowing about what happens to the dead.

When people die in this game, they become souls in a death pool (except for Lion, who isn't playing). They choose a word that's slightly hard to guess, and PM it to me (or else I choose one at random). This word becomes their CURSE WORD.

If this word is said by any person in a post, during the voting period, there is a 33% chance that the person who killed the person who made the curse is killed immediately (in the case of lynching it's the first person in the successful lynch), and the person who made the curse is brought back to life. A SUCCESSFUL CURSE WORD CAN ONLY HAPPEN ONCE PER DAY.

That's the general death rules, but since you are the Death Seer, you have a 100% chance of the curse working. But you may only attempt the word three times per day, each in a public post that must be made in the day. And you must PM me, pointing out the word you think it is, after you post your post with the curse word in it.

You can also try to set someone else up to say the word for you, but that's a little more difficult, I'd think.

Each day and night, you will receive random letters to the curse words, in random order.

During night, you may talk to one dead player. I will set up the PM. YOU CAN'T RECEIVE THE WORD THIS WAY, BUT YOU CAN ASK FOR HINTS. NO REALLY EASY HINTS THOUGH.

If you meet with the Traveler, you will get five attempts each phase instead of three. (ALSO THE TRAVELER WOULD OPEN PM WITH HIM AND ALL RESURRECTED BY DEATH SEER, BUT HE WASN'T TOLD)

As long as you are alive, people brought back to life by you get 1 day of no-one knowing they came back to life.

Unless they talk, of course. You may speak for them, and they can keep the PM line with you. 

Any questions, PM me.

: Witch • show

You have always deeply feared the town vote. It has killed so many of your ancestors in other far places. One votes, they all vote it seems. But you were born a normal human, you never thought you had to worry about it.

The dark events of Dusk 0 tried to corrupt you with the fear in your soul, but you were stronger and resisted. Because you survived the dark attack, it has awakened a series of ancient powers within you, the powers of darkness. Not evil, dark.

You are the Witch

You begin the game aware of Shadows from the beginning. You are the only townie who knows everything about them from the start. So here we go. An (almost) carbon copy of what I sent the Shadows.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

SHADOW PM

You are not a Vanilla Townie.

You are a Shadow. A dark force released from the rift on Dusk 0. Shadows are the 3rd party in this game, not revealed to the town, and separate from the Mafia or Town. The rest think you are just townies, you register as townies. You have a 50% chance of being killed if the Mafia targets you. The Shadow's goal is survival. YOU WIN IF YOU SURVIVE. Shadows work alone, but know who they are. Unlike the mafia, they don't need to work together to use their powers, except for one.

Powers: (Each shadow can use one power per night or day, but not both.)

Whisper: May PM GM to add one vote to any vote count anonymously (along with their normal vote) (this will not be announced to the town.) (only the original Shadows have this)

Blur: May choose a number 1-13, and you'd keep whatever role you got secret for as long as you live. You will not know who it is. When that person is investigated, the investigator will see “Only a dark force clouding their soul.” (The same as they'd see for Shadows) Only one use per Shadow for the whole game.

Banish: Requires 3 shadows, or to be contacted by the Shadow Lord. At least 3 shadows must agree to use it, and no other actions for that night. Can choose somebody (even among themselves) to disappear the next day(not be present to vote) or at night (can't be visited, investigated, killed, etc)
Can't disappear the same person twice in a row.

Possession: This can only happen if you are visited by another player. If I say you have been visited, you can send me a PM telling the other player who to vote for and what to say. I will tell that player, and for the whole day, they must vote/say what you tell them to, and say what you told them to. They will not know who is controlling them. You can only control one post/condition, and then they can speak for themselves, but they can't deny/change their vote or say they've been possessed. They must act normal.

Warning: If you choose to go through with possessing, they WILL find out who possessed them when that day ends, and nothing is stopping them from outing you.

Other info:
- At beginning of the game, roles are not revealed to the town and rules are very obscure. This is thanks to the Shadows haunting the town.

- As long as Shadows live, one random role ability or rule per shadow is revealed at random times per phase. It will be revealed on the stone tablet, as well as the first post.

- When people die, they go to a pool of dead souls. When 3 people are in the pool, they send one of the dead to become a Shadow (either volunteer or random, depending on activity). This is not announced to the town.

- When people are TURNED into Shadows from death, it is best that they stay silent. Going from dead to shadow gives them the abilities to use behind the scenes, but it will still be suspicious if they just reappear in the town. The point is to not get caught and cause general chaos.

(To the Witch) The Shadows did not receive any information about the Shadow Lord, which is driving them crazy, but you know in your heart that the Shadow Lord is what caused the rift storm, not Lion's death. Fates warned you that the Shadow Lord is a member of the Mafia, who doesn't know he is the Shadow Lord yet. If he connects with the Shadows, there will be disaster. 

--------------------------- END INFO ON SHADOWS.

If you are found though (claims, investigations, basically if you're accused of being Witch), it only takes three votes to lynch you. So be very careful.

At night you can cast a spell to investigate people. You will only receive info about them if it is the Shadow Lord. No other role can find the Shadow Lord.

You also have a 33% chance of protecting a target from anything each night. You may use both.

When you are killed, the last person you cast a spell on is turned into a Shadow, with no public knowledge to the town.

If you are brought back from death, you will gain the ability to turn Shadows into vanilla townies each night. The converted Townie will have no knowledge of who the other shadows are.

You can choose to not use any of these abilities for the night, and you will have no chance of being discovered. You must PM me that you're going to Sleep instead, so that night can still end early.

Any questions, PM me.

: Chaos Psychic • show
WHAT THE SHIT IS GOING ON! WHO THE FUCK AM I?! Chaotic thoughts race through your mind.

The events of Dusk 0 changed you for the better, or worse, maybe. But you are still Town-sided. The storm has awakened and supercharged great power within you. Too much to control.

You are the wildcard, the Chaos Psychic

Each night, you will cause one of seven very chaotic things will happen. In the past, three of these have been...

- You break your mind, and are only being able to speak in pictures for a day. (No words, just images, and no blatant messages within words.) You may choose to not speak, but PM me if you're doing that.
- Making others only be able to speak in pictures for a day. (Same, but they must, can't choose not to.)
 -Direct a random person's action towards a random anyone else, including themselves.

There are 7, and I've just given you 3. You will have to find out what the rest are by using them. Some are VERY beneficial, others are....not. They will be decided at random. You can choose to use your random power, or to sleep. If you choose sleep, tell me you choose sleep. You may only sleep ONCE. Your mind is just too unstable to control the outbursts any longer.

Any questions, PM me.

AND ALL OF HIS ABILITIES WERE:

1: Only being able to speak in pictures for a day. (No words, just images, and no blatant messages within words.)
2: Kill someone town-sided at random.
3: Direct a random person's action towards anyone else, including themselves
4: Swap roles with someone else random (ANYONE)
5: Receive the full curse word to a random death, do not know whose it is.
6: Stop an action. They must speak in pics for day.
7: Lucky number seven, activates during the day: If a townie is to be lynched, he is not. No one will know why or who did it.

: Traveler • show
You are not a Vanilla Townie anymore. In fact, nobody is. Everyone (including the mafia. Trolololololol.) was one until they were changed by Dusk 0's curse, and you are one of the only ones who knows this. (There is no point of Night 0 except to hand out REAL roles to everyone, I will end it when all roles have been sent out.)

THIS GAME'S ACTUAL THEME IS SUPERNATURAL DARK.

You are the town's voice of reason, a wise one. You see through the illusions Dusk 0 started. The problem is that currently, no-one sees you as such because you are a new addition to the town. (HA. HA. HA. YEAH, THAT WORKED. :P)

You are the Traveler

YOU BEGIN THE GAME KNOWING A VERY IMPORTANT RULE. IN A SUCCESSFUL ABSTAIN, THE 3RD TO VOTE WILL DIE. YOU GET BONUS WIN IF YOU SUCCEED IN HAVING THE TOWN NOT ABSTAIN FOR 3 DAYS.

Who would believe you though?...

THE CATCH IS, YOU CANNOT TELL THE TOWN WHO YOU ARE, OR ABOUT THE RULE. YOU MUST FIND OTHER WAYS TO CONVINCE THE TOWN NOT TO ABSTAIN. NO PMS EITHER. AND REMEMBER THE INACTIVE RULE, SO YOU CAN'T HAVE THEM JUST SIT THERE.

You are also perfectly aware there are no Vanilla Townies, and that there is a 3rd party released by Dusk 0, called Shadows. You saw them flying like ghosts. There are 2 Shadows.

You are very observant, and you watched as the mafia member spoke with Lion before his death, and then went back to his group to whisper to them. Everyone at the lynch was heavily covered in dark clothing, but you saw that he went back to speak to 2 other people in the chaos.

You got closer, to hear more about what they were talking about, but you can't quite remember right now...

Each night, you may choose go for a walk, and meet a player. You will send me (not the player) a PM telling me which player to visit, and depending on the player's role, a different condition will happen to you. I'll give you a few examples.

If you meet the doctor role, you will be healed along with the target.

If you meet some mafia roles, you may be killed depending on role.

If you meet a shadow, bad shit will go down, but it won't kill you. The Shadows know about this, and will probably want you to visit.

You will find out the role and who it belongs to, but not the description of the role. You cannot visit the same player twice. There are good effects and bad effects. There are also information carrying effects (If you find a specific secret role, and you visit this person, the info they give you can be given to another when you visit them, and so on.)
Your connections are very beneficial to the town if you meet the right people, and some may even get you abilities for that night. The players you visit will be told they visited by the Traveler, but not you.

Also, if the visited player is to die that night, you will take the hit, and there is a 33% chance that your role will be shown as that player's role. In this case, the protected player will receive a PM telling them the truth about what happened.

If not, when you die, you be called Traveler, but what you do won't be known to the town.

Be wise.

Any questions, PM me.

HERE IS A LIST OF TRAVELER MEETING ROLES:

If Psychic: Him being present interferes and investigation may be wrong.

If Psychic Apprentice: He gains some psychic power and is able to do an investigation the next night, but then loses that power.

If Soul Healer: He is protected along with the Soul Healer's target

If Sacrificer: He is Sacrificed. Game over for him. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Do not go to the Dead Pool.

If Death Seer: Opens PM line with him. Death Seer & Traveler become stronger together to try to find and use the word. Also, opens PM line with any townies that may have just come back to life. Also visits the role that came back because of the connection.

If Simple Townie he can protect him for that night, and turn off his role ability (helps Simple townie to not look suspicious)

If Witch all rules/roles/hidden info (except blurred) are explained to the town the next morning, and he is protected.

If Chaos Psychic he swaps places with another role.

If Mafia Trolololololol he is killed.

If Shadow Lord he is turned into a Shadow

If Mafia Don he is turned into a Mafia (Vanilla) (All his knowledge is now mafia's)

If Any Shadow he is possessed, and the Shadow says who he will vote for the next day  through PM to me, who sends it to him. Possession ends after a day. During possession he cannot reveal the identity of the shadow, but afterward, he can. Works like the normal possession.

: Simple Townie • show
In the original plan, I thought of Simple Dog from Hyperbole and a Half, and threw this in.

Once per day, must laugh at a situation publicly. (Taking it out of this game because 8 players not 9) (Taking it out even though there's more now because it's stupid)

: Paranoid • show
Again, from the first draft.
When visited at night, the visitor is killed. Each night, I will ask them if they choose to sleep or stay alert. (Sleep = Won't kill the visitor. Stay Alert = Will.) (MERGED WITH SACRIFICER BECAUSE TOO MANY ROLES)

: Mafia Don • show

The events of Dusk 0 changed you for the better. The better for the evil side. You had darkness within your heart as the sludge took over your soul, and were changed into:

The MAFIA DON

As per any other game, you appear innocent to investigation. (Except for a certain role (IT WAS THE PSYCHIC). Then there is 33% that they will find you.) Your goal is to Stay Alive, and also the team goal. Which is to reduce the town to lower than your numbers.

Your underlings include Draco (Mafia Trolololololol), and.

And....

Hmmm.........you can't quite remember who that other one was. He never really did much...where did he go, anyway?

You must work together with your partner to kill a person. I will send the group Mafia PM. Mafia kills one per night.

Any questions, PM me.

: MAFIA TROLOLOLOLOLOL • show

The events of Dusk 0 changed you for the better. The better for the evil side. You had darkness within your heart as the sludge took over your soul, and sparks of death and curses were awoken within you.

You were changed into:

The Mafia Trolololololol

This is one of my favorite roles. For as long as you live, the 3rd person to be on the bandwagon of a successful (it went through) voted “Abstain”, will die. No-one will know why. Third person effect will be done after it goes through. So if people change or cancel their votes, the order will be rearranged. This is also what the Stone Tablet means.

Your power will grow stronger each night. I will PM you with additions.

Your partner in crime is Lieutenant Rag, the Mafia Don. Also, you must work together with your crew to kill a person, I will send the mafia group PM. One kill per night.
He does not currently know what you do, only that you are Mafia Trolololololol. You should probably warn him so he does not accidently be the third.

Speaking of third, you remember that there was a third person in your crew.....but you don't quite remember who. He never seemed to do much...

Any questions, PM me.

THE OTHER UPGRADES FOR HIM:

1st: 3rd to abstain
2nd: Same as the first, but requires one less vote
3rd: Lead a bandwagon. 3rd dies.

: Vanilla Townie/Vanilla Mafia/Other Thing/Shadow Lord PM MODE 1 • show

“Wait, where am I?” you think.

You are a Vanilla Townie. Why am I saying this to you again? Because I can. You remember doing SOMETHING very important during Dusk 0, but you just can't place your finger on it.....

Maybe you'll remember later after a good night of sleep.

: Vanilla Townie/Vanilla Mafia/Other Thing/Shadow Lord PM MODE 2 • show

The events of this day have jogged your mind a bit. Not completely.

During this whole day of being a Vanilla Townie, you feel uneasy voting with them.

Now you remember what side you're on.

You are Mafia Vanilla

Your partners in crime are Draco, and Rag. Mafia Trolololololol, and Mafia Don. To make a kill, half of your team must agree on the person to kill. No-one in the mafia knows what the other does, unless they tell them. You may not show them your PM, do it in your own words.

You are starting to remember just why you came to this town...

I WILL INCLUDE YOU IN THE MAFIA CHAT. DO NOT PM THEM YOURSELF.

: Vanilla Townie/Vanilla Mafia/Other Thing/Shadow Lord PM MODE 3 • show

You awake feeling refreshed, and very different. You start to realize how alive you felt at night, killing Venser.

You are the Chocolate Mafia

You are closer than ever now to remembering just why you are in this town.

You now have two new powers....

BLUR: Anytime during night/day, you may choose to learn a random role in the game. You will learn some info about this role, and the name, and the role will NOT be revealed to the town until after your death. You will not learn who has this role, but if the holder of that role is investigated, the investigator will only get a message talking about a dark force clouding their soul. Choose a number 1-13 to pick. You may only use BLUR once.

POSSESSION: This can only happen if you are visited by another player. If I say you have been visited, you can send me a PM telling the other player who to vote for and what to say. I will tell that player, and for the whole day, they must vote/say what you tell them to, and say what you told them to. They will not know who is controlling them. You can only control one post, and then they can speak for themselves, but they can't deny/change their vote or say they've been possessed. They must act normal.

YOU MAY NOT TELL YOUR TEAMMATES

: Vanilla Townie/Vanilla Mafia/Other Thing/Shadow Lord PM MODE 4 FINAL • show

The night is familiar, the night is home, and now you remember why you are here.

You learned of a mythical object of great power, and together with your group, you traveled to this town. On Dusk 0, you stole the ancient artifact you found in the ruins outside of this town, and framed Lion as your sacrifice. Stop Lying Liquid. Upon the death of an innocent, you were able to harness great power, and unleash the Shadows upon this world in eternal darkness with you as their ruler!

You stood above all and laughed as they were caught in the madness.

That is, until you were caught in the crossfire, and one of your own dark minions accidentally gave you amnesia, and your powers ceased.

You woke up on Day 1 as Vanilla, and learned/remembered more about yourself each phase until you retook your rightful place as

Shadow Lord on Day 3.

Your powers are the same. You will have more of them each night. (BUT NEVER GOT WHISPER)

Which brings me to your goal. Have the Shadows be the only remaining team. That means backstab the mafia too. You may keep your communications with them. But you can't kill them yourself. You must vote against them publicly, or have the Shadows do it.

If you die, the Shadows are done. You can't die unless two shadows are killed before you. So far, 1 has been.

The other Shadow is Ellipsis, and since he started as a Shadow, he gets full abilities (including Whisper) but new shadows can be added, after conditions after death are fulfilled. These new shadows will not have Whisper.

I will send you the Shadow chat.

THINGS THAT HAVE TO DO WITH DEATH AND CURSES

: Dead Pool • show

DEAD POOL PM 1

Ok ______, you're in the Dead Pool now, as a dead player, you will now be aware of what happens to dead players first hand. You may not reveal this to anyone else in any way. Your conversations with the other _______ are cut until you live again.

Choose a CURSE WORD. Make it slightly hard to guess. No, "The, And, Game, Lynch, Mafia" stuff like that. Those would be considered EXTREMELY COMMON here, and I'm looking for a word with say, 7 letters, and is PRETTY UNCOMMON.

If I don't think the word is reasonable, I'll have you pick another. If you don't want to pick, I'll find one for you at random.

I will tell you more after you pick.

DEAD POOL PM PT 2

Ok, this curse word has a 33% chance of killing the player who killed you if said by any person. Only the first three instances of it will be counted each day. It must be said during the voting period. If the curse word kills them, you come back to life.

(Only town is told this part): There is a role who has 100% of it working. He can talk to one dead player each night, but he can't be told the word. (/only town)

YOU WILL NOW RECEIVE THE DEAD POOL CHAT. You may talk with the other dead, but each player has been warned not to give any game info, since he may come back to life.

: Original Shadow Conversion Plan • show
When a townie dies, they become a shadow minion. Three shadow minions = 1 shadow (They must reply as a group to make their moves), but they die when their killer, or the original shadows, die. They are not aware of who the Shadows are until they are one.

Kinda scrapped this, and went with the Dead Pool thing instead.

OTHER THING

: Soul Healer Fragment Thing • show
RECEIVED SOUL HEALER POWER PM

You were among the three townies who got blessed with Soul Healer powers (well, 33% of them)

Each night, along with your ability, you have a 33% chance to protect someone, including yourself.

PM me along with your ability. You don't HAVE to use your other ability to use this. This healing does not count as a visit, so you can't be possessed from it.

Use voting format type-words.

WHO WAS WHO AND WHAT WENT DOWN

: WHO WAS WHO (and PM names that made it easier for me to send PMs at first) • show

Contact list

Rag            "Lieutenant Rag"
Derf            "Derf, Rey del Rock"
Mark            "Cation"
Mort            "Mort, King of Guitar Strumming"
Stu            "GoStu"
Alpha            "Alpha"
Liquid            "Liquid, the Ancient Psychic Tandem War Elephant"
Draco            “DraconicDescendant”
Venser         "Venser"
Kudo            "Kudo"
Silent            "SilentLoner, Lord of Chaos"
Sibare            "Sibare"
Ellipsis         "Ellipsis"

Roles and who they are (not descriptions)

Days that they posted are shown in numbers (Actually, nope.)

Alpha   1   Psychic (Sent, 0, 2, ) (ELLIPSIS ROLE IS BLURRED)
 Stu   2   Psychic Apprentice (sent, 2) (Revealed)
 Mort   3   Soul Healer (sent, 0) (Revealed) (STU BLURRED IN FULL)
 Mark   4   Sacrificer (sent, 0, 2) (LIQUID BLURRED)
 Derf   5   Death Seer (sent, 0) (Revealed Day 4)
 Kudo   6   Witch (sent, 0) (Revealed Day 4)
 Silent   7   Chaos Psychic (sent, 0, 2) (Revealed)
 Venser 8   Traveler (sent, 0) (Revealed Day 4)
 Liquid    9   Mafia Townie/Mafia Vanilla/Shadow Lord (Sent, 0, 2) (Don't reveal)
 Draco    10   Mafia Trololololol (sent, 0, 2) (Revealed)
 Rag   11   Mafia Don (Sent, 0, 2) (Revealed)
 Ellipsis 12   Shadow (Sent, 0) (Shadows don't reveal)
 Sibare 13   Shadow (Sent, 0,) (Shadows don't reveal)

(SHADOW INFO HAS BEEN REVEALED THROUGH WITCH/TRAVELER CONNECTION.)

1 Psychic
2 Psychic Apprentice
3 Soul Healer
4 Sacrificer
5 Death Seer
6 Witch
7 Chaos Psychic
8 Traveler
9 Mafia Vanilla/Shadow Lord
10 Mafia Trolololololol
11 Mafia Don
12 Shadow
13 Shadow

: HOW THE RNG WORKED FOR BLUR/ETC • show

Whenever I asked someone to pick a number, I would play the RNG (random.org) set on 1-13 that many times, and the result would be the numbered role I'd give them. That way if one guessed that say for example, Mafia was first on my list, and Don was 1, they wouldn't know 2 was another mafia role because of how it was set up.

: THINGS THAT HAPPENED • show

Day 0: Dusk.
   Everyone is told via PM that they are a vanilla townie.
   The story happens, one part posted every four mins, and people talk in between it.
   Mark thought he was really going to die, and is Vanilla. He posts his PM picture. I'm sure it is a familiar sight to everyone else.

Night 0:
   Roles are given out for reals to townies/shadows.
   Shadows pick a number 1-3
      Sibare picked 1. Liquid has amnesia and believes he is a Vanilla Townie whose goal is to survive, on the night of the first kill.
           Mafia except for the number, are given their roles last. Last mafia, Liquid is Vanilla Townie.
           NO ONE CAN DO ANYTHING. Randomness is had in the thread.

Day 1:
   Venser takes the Traveler role, which is supposed to make people skeptic, and shows me how broken his role is.

Sibare is lynched, but RIGHT before being lynched,

Neo predicts town now will follow Venser, and possibly SL. It should be interesting if either of them get possessed.

Sibare is first to the dead pool.

Night 1:

MAFIA: Vote on Mort is made, but they choose to kill Venser instead.
      Liquid remembers that he is a Vanilla Mafia, and he joins the group.

PSYCHIC: Get info on Venser.

WITCH: Cast Shadow Lord Detection spell on Venser/Attempt to Protect SilentLoner

DEATH SEER: Doesn't talk to Sibare.

PSYCHIC APPRENTICE (1st stage): Investigates Alpha, because Sibare is dead.

SOUL HEALER: Protect Rag.

CHAOS PSYCHIC: Uses power. Random Number: 3. Redirect action. Random Player: 4:Mark. Random receiver: 4:Mark. Mark would be killed, if he used his power. SL is told he was visited by Traveler.

SACRIFICER: Mark goes to sleep, letting him be inactive another night.

TRAVELER: Chooses to visit SL. The Chaos Psychic. As an effect, Venser swaps roles with....VENSER. FUCK WHAT? IS THIS RANDOM NUMBER THING BROKEN!?

SHADOWS: Ellipsis uses BLUR and chooses 11. I play the RNG 11 times, and the number I get is 1. PSYCHIC (Alpha) is BLURRED.

DEAD POOL: Sibare hasn't yet picked a word.

DAY 2

MAFIA:
Draco, Rag, and Liquid succeed in trapping Stu in the 3rd abstain.
Liquid gains some shadow powers, turns darker, and into Chocolate Mafia, may not tell his crew

DEATH SEER: Receives word letters
Venser: F, D
Sibare: C, T

SHADOWS:
Liquid, without knowing he's Shadow yet, uses BLUR. Picks 4. I roll the RNG 4 times and 4 SACRIFICER (Mark) is BLURRED.

STU: Dies to the Mafia Trolololololol

NIGHT 2

MAFIA: Vote on Alpha is made

PSYCHIC: Get info on Draco.

WITCH: Cast Shadow Lord Detection spell on Mort/Attempt to Protect Mark

DEATH SEER: Receives letters from Sibare, Venser, Stu.
        Sibare: V, Y (Has C, T)
        Venser: G, B (Has F, D)
        Stu: B, D
   Chooses to speak with Venser. Gets info that word is 13 letters long.

PSYCHIC APPRENTICE: Dead.

SOUL HEALER: Protect SilentLoner.

CHAOS PSYCHIC: Uses power. Gets 3. REDIRECTION.
        Random player: 3: Mort.
        Random receiver: 1: Alpha.
        Redirects Soul Healer to Alpha.

SACRIFICER: Mark goes to sleep, letting him be inactive another night.

TRAVELER: Dead

SHADOWS: Told about the Shadow Lord (Liquid)

DEAD POOL:
        Sibare, Venser, and Stu have a chat and decide on a game they will use to determine who becomes a Shadow. Because there are 3 dead. Stu goes to become a Shadow.
Sibare: Clairvoyant
Venser: Flabbergasted
Stu: Bemused

DAY 3

MAFIA: Nothing

PSYCHIC: Nothing

WITCH: Nothing

DEATH SEER: Receives letters from everyone still in the Dead Pool.
         Sibare: L, O (Has C, T, V, Y)
         Venser: DERF BRINGS VENSER BACK, KILLS DRACO IN PROCESS.
         Stu: Is now a Shadow, no longer in deadpool, so no more letters

SOUL HEALER: Nothing.

CHAOS PSYCHIC: Nothing.

SACRIFICER: Nothing

TRAVELER: Dead (well not really)

SHADOWS: Told about the Shadow Lord (Liquid), Stu becomes a shadow.

DEAD POOL:
Sibare is the only one in there. And he's banned.

NIGHT 3

MAFIA: Kill Mort

PSYCHIC: Investigate Rag (33% chance of getting it right) (ALSO Traveler gets in the way) (Alpha fails)

WITCH: Told about the Shadow Lord being active, and what happens if he successfully kills the mafia. Shadow Lord Detection: Liquid (GREAT SUCCESS), Protect: Mort (fail)

Sibare: A, R (Has C, T, V, Y, L, O)
Draco: E, T

SOUL HEALER: Protect self (Success)

CHAOS PSYCHIC: Use Power. Gets 7. Lucky. (Success)

SACRIFICER: Mark goes to sleep, letting him be inactive another night. THIS IS THE LAST TIME.

TRAVELER: Alive, but unannounced. Visits Alpha and sadly blocks his psychic powers. Good way to be welcomed back.

SHADOWS: Stu used his BLUR and gets FULL info about the Soul Healer, and his power against Shadows, should the Traveler connect with him.

DEAD POOL:
Sibare is still banned.
Draco joins, his word is “Excellent®”

DAY 4

MAFIA: Rag is lynched, opening the path for Shadows to become the new mafia.

PSYCHIC: Nothing

WITCH: Nothing

DEATH SEER: Receives letters from everyone still in Dead Pool.
Sibare: I, N (Has C, T, V, Y, L, O, A, R)
Draco:  X, N (Has E, T)

SOUL HEALER: Nothing

CHAOS PSYCHIC: Used Power. Got 7. Lucky. (Success) (Still in effect) (Doesn't end up working though)

SACRIFICER: Nothing

TRAVELER: Nothing

SHADOWS: Ellipsis uses Whisper to put the hurt on Rag and the town.

DEAD POOL:
Sibare is still banned.
Draco: Excellent®
Rag is added.

NIGHT 4

MAFIA: Dead CAN'T COME BACK.

PSYCHIC: Investigate Stu (will be possessed)

WITCH: Protect Mark (Succeed)

DEATH SEER: Receives letters from everyone still in Dead Pool
Sibare:  A (Has C, T, V, Y, L, O, A, R, I, N)
Draco:  C, L (Has E, T, X, N)
Rag: F, R

SOUL HEALER: Protect Kudo

CHAOS PSYCHIC: Use Power. Gets 6. Randomly pick. 4: Mark (AGAIN!? FUCK THIS RNG.)

SACRIFICER: Sacrifice Stu (gets blocked/pic'd by Chaos Psychic)

TRAVELER: Visit Kudo. (Gets all info revealed to town. Gets protected)

SHADOWS: Become Shadow Army. Write here instead of up there.
KILL: MORT

DEAD POOL:
Sibare is still banned.
Draco: Excellent®
Rag's: Fighter

Other notes: All roles that haven't been specifically blurred are revealed because the rule of Shadows, but not Shadows. Venser is also revealed as coming to life. Actually he does that himself, so I don't have to.

DAY 5

PSYCHIC: Alpha is possessed and must say nothing until he votes on Kudo or Mark, which can't be done unless a bandwagon on them starts.

WITCH: Has been called out as Witch. 3 Votes to lynch. Not announced.

Sibare:  Has all the letters.
Rag: I, T (F, R)

SOUL HEALER: Died on Night 4, powers split to townies. Townies who get it are....
6: Kudo
1: Alpha
5: Derf

CHAOS PSYCHIC:

SACRIFICER:

TRAVELER:

SHADOWS: Become Shadow Army. Liquid reveals himself epically.

DEAD POOL:
Sibare is still banned.
Rag's: Fighter
Mort: Strutting

Word RNG: Clairvoyant: 1, 1, 2. (Needs 3)

A lot of name/avatar changes going on, people really getting into the spirit of things. Just what I wanted. FUCK YEAH

NIGHT 5

PSYCHIC: Investigate/Protect (33%) : Kudo

WITCH: Protect self with 66%. Cool, Witch has a 1% chance of dying.

DEATH SEER: Receives letters from everyone in the Dead Pool.
Rag: E, G (F, R, I, T)
Mort: S, G
Receives message from Mort, after he chooses to speak with him.
This is the message: “So, that retarded uncle that told Indigo nacho's go......well with bacon. Have you seen him lately?”

SOUL HEALER: Dead

CHAOS PSYCHIC: Uses power, gets 7.

SACRIFICER: Sacrifice Venser (Town). Kill Stu (Shadow) (Fails because Shadows killed him first)

TRAVELER: Visits no one

SHADOWS: Become Shadow Army. Rag added to army.
KILL: Mark

DEAD POOL:
Sibare is still banned.

Word RNG:

DAY 6

PSYCHIC:

WITCH:

DEATH SEER: Receives letters from Sibare.
Mort: T, N (S, G)

Still has the message from Mort. The message again was : “So, that retarded uncle that told Indigo nacho's go......well with bacon. Have you seen him lately?”

He and Venser struggle to figure out what the fuck Mort meant. Finally..................

Derf says Strutting. Mort rises, and having connected with Venser by coming back from the dead while the Death Seer connection between Derf and Venser was still on, and Venser had visited the Witch, who found out who the Shadow Lord was, so  Mort was able to beat the Shadow Lord.

SOUL HEALER: Dead

CHAOS PSYCHIC: Uses power, gets 7. So today, if a townie is lynched, SL saves them.

SACRIFICER: Dead

TRAVELER: Venser and Derf are stumped on Mort's word, but attempt to use it to save the town

SHADOWS: Become Shadow Army.

DEAD POOL:
Sibare is still banned.
Mark: Illusion (But I still have to add him)

Word RNG:

NIGHT 6:

Godmode, and waking up. The game was basically over when Mort was brought back.

You: Wake up on Boat.

AND A COUPLE OTHER THINGS SOME OF WHICH ARE FACEPALMWORTHY

: ALPHA'S PM (PSYCHIC. INVESTIGATE VENSER.) • show

You find out that Venser is a Traveler aligned with the town and that he visited SilentLoner tonight.

Or he was a Traveler, until he was killed.

He was a wise man who loved to live dangerously, and each night he could visit any player for an effect. He was killed walking back from SilentLoner's place

That's all you can pick up on him.

Please don't announce this to the town until Day starts.

: KUDO'S PM (WITCH. DETECT VENSER, PROTECT SL) • show

You cast your spell out to find out if Venser is the Shadow Lord

Venser is no longer alive. Venser is not the Shadow Lord.

You succeed in creating a protection spell, and protect SilentLoner

If you're going to reveal something, please don't reveal anything to town until after day start.

: TRAVELER PM (VENSER. VISITS SILENTLONER. BEST EFFECT EVAR. ONE OF THE POINTS I STARTED TO BELIEVE THE RNG WAS BROKEN) • show

You go for a walk to SilentLoner's house. Very dark, why aren't there lights in this place?

SilentLoner turns out to be the Chaos Psychic, and your effect for visiting him is you have your role swapped with another random role including your own.

And the RNG SAYS...........

CONGRATULATIONS VENSER THE TRAVELER, YOU ARE NOW VENSER THE TRAVELER

Yeah, I can't believe it either.

You head back to your place.

Please do not talk about until Day start.

: SILENTLONER PM (CHAOS PSYCHIC, USES 3, MARK / MARK) • show

WELP CHAOS PSYCHIC, YOU WERE VISITED BY THE TRAVELER THIS NIGHT.

ALSO, THE POWER YOU USED WAS (WAIT FOR IT)

3. REDIRECT ACTION.

AND GUESS WHAT? THE PLAYER USING THE ACTION WAS GOING TO REDIRECT IT ON HIMSELF, BUT HE WENT TO SLEEP.

: KUDO PM (WITCH LEARNS ABOUT SHADOW LORD ON NIGHT 3) • show

This eternal eclipse can only mean one thing to you, the Witch. The Shadow Lord, a member of the mafia, is now fully-awakened. He has most of the power of the Shadows and if he succeeds in taking out all the members of his crew, he will be able to start an army of shadows that can kill in place of the mafia. His goal is to have the Shadows be the only remaining team.

What will you do tonight?

: ONE MORE THING • show

Oh, and pretty much anytime there was a BLUE FLASH somewhere in the scenes, it showed the Chaos Psychic was using a power.

4/5/11 Never Forget.

Neo

• HUZZAH
    • View Profile

I don't remember it being like that... or having the ellipsis.

Which means... Neo figured out my original clue and made it easier...

YOU DEVILISH DEVIL!

It took me a while to figure it out, I was just about to PM you back "Are you serious....?" But then I realized it.

And actually made it harder. (Put ellipsises where there was huge, blatant space.)

trollface.jpg

4/5/11 Never Forget.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 40