I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: I Wanna Be Myself - Version 0.7 [10.03.2013]  (Read 109998 times)

Merg

• View Profile
    • YouTube Account
Re: I Wanna Be Myself (Version 0.1)
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 01:57:26 pm »

I got to the second boss, didn't try him yet, but here's what I think of your game so far:
The tutorial was nicely made, the fact that you showed us how invisible blocks work makes me hope that you didn't put too many into your game. I liked the cave, oxygen meter was cool and a nice touch to add it into a bossfight. The boss himself was not too hard and not too easy for a first "real" boss in my opinion, the only thing that I didn't like was his lazer attack. I don't know, it being there just bugged me.

The second part of the cave had a nice little gimmick, but this was only used a few times. I would like it being used more often. That Bullet Hell Part... that last dick attack, where the bullet goes crazy, I really hated that one. Just the tediousness of going through a Bullet Hell, even if it was a fairly easy one, over and over again just to figure out what you need to do to survive at the end, was annoying the shit out of me. And then there was that part where you had to (on Medium atleast) go through 1 annoying screen full of timed walljumps and then without a save inbetween through a bullet hell, lazer filled room. After a million tries I managed to get to the next save, but I would really make the save inbetween those two screens available for Medium aswell.

SirRouven

• I like Touhou.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 02:51:43 pm »

Thanks Merg for the review I didn´t know that there was no save. I think I placed the worng save box there.

At the moment I fix the going through walls bug which means I have to redo every room. When I´m done with that I will upload it again and the name will not be changed. I want to have a unnormal title. The title makes sence in my opinion but only because I know the story of the game. Hopefully you can see the sence behind the title and if not its ok too.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 02:23:30 am by SirRouven »

dakaarts

• Call me Daka. I made "I wanna be the Rockman!" >:3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 08:52:54 am »

hi master, great to see your game finally here! :D
As for the first guy who made videos of my game, you deserve this feedback :) :

As i opened the game, i write feedback on every step i make:
on the opening, when the text appears, i couldn't read the last line, since as soon it appears
the screen changed.
-character sprite: i don't like it, but that is my personal opinion. maybe you could try to change it,
like some character that looks like the kid, but with a big R on his shirt? i dunno :P
-when i shoot the bullets, they come from the 16,16 pixel of the sprite, not from where the gun is.
maybe you should fix that.
-love the moving animation :)
-as soon as i pick the difficulty, a black screen appears with ton of text on it.. umm i don't think anybody
feel like reading it, maybe you should make it animated, with some pics.
-I start and i see the GM blocks.. umm I dont like them, they really look ugly.
-i like the tutorial, nice music, and the background, well, could be another one xD. when you destroy
the block with the bullet, you could make the "gas/cloud" effect that game maker has.
-on the walljump, the sprite doesn't stick to the vines, fix that.
ok, i picked left path:
-first i noticed, is that the sprite of the gaps in the lasers has less depth than the platforms,
change it.
-the "?" blocks could have some different sprite.
-on the second screen, there are way too many saves, the third one ( on the left bottom corner ) should
be removed.
-on the screen where you choose a block and the spikes fall, the SFX is very annoying, but can
be fixed. when you touch one of the blocks, make it change to another object with no events but
with the same spirte, so the SFX won't trigger :)
-the first "boss" sprite is nothing like Dark Magician's sprite xD.
-after him i fall in a cave, in which you could make the SFX stop when you hit the ground, and i like
the sprites and the BG is ok :).
-then i went up the waterfall and- WTF!? HAAHHAAH! that was awesome XDD.
-the first WUSS save could be a NORMAL save, because it's not nice to start at the area with no music,
i wanna start at the new area with the music.
-so, i like the air gimmick, nice thing, but one thing i have to say is that i had lag there. i know
that my comp sucks, because is a notebook, but i thought you may wanna know and do something, like dividing the room
in smaller rooms connected :P
-the next save should be WUSS, and the other NORMAL, which is before the room with the fish
chasing you. and there i found that bug where you can go trough walls xD. but, thanks to that bug, i had no idea how
to pass that room o.o.
-i liked the secret xD. and in the next screen, going up the waterfall... XDDDDDDDDDDD.
-so about the 1st boss, i had a lot of lag :(. so, when the star teleports, you could add some effect, like a spark
she lefts or something. i liked the battle, but since i had lag an everything was half speed, was really easy
for me xD. when the boss dies, you could make some big explosion, with some nice SFX, and maybe some "boss cleared" tune.
-in the next area, again, there should be a save in the area, not in the area before. it was really tedious
to wait everytime those slow platforms. ah, also, when you go with the platform that goes up, and touch the
sealing ( the blocks on top ) you get stuck. is a common probelm, happens in my game too, so you should
fix it by adding an invisible block that makes it bounce or add spikes on the top, what i do xD.
-i liked a lot the button trap and the "you failed" part with lava xD.
-it took me a lot to find the way, even i watched a video xD. the next WUSS save should be NORMAL, since it's
before a boss.
-so, now im fighting the boss, looks nice, but since it's 2:30 AM, im going to sleep, tomorrow i will tell ya more xD.
-i woke up, and continue the review :B. about the bullets, maybe you could make the sprites bigger,
but with the same collision mask, you know, like the touhou games? i beat the boss, the dick move is ok, you
can leave it.
-in the next room, i got a lot of lag again :(. so that area is pretty hard, even with half speed due to the lag.
iwbtcollector took him a lot of time, so you should make it easier. on the bottom, where you go up the 2
arrows, you could move them up by 16 pixels, same with stretching the lava. and on the top part, you could slow down
the fire, or changing it, i really hate that part, the timing has to be PERFECT, i had to savehack there. and the next save MUST be NORMAL, no wuss.
-so, i passed the next area with the slow platform, and again, i find a WUSS save, that MUST be NORMAL
-i liked a lot that bullet hell part with lasers :3. in the next screen, i realized that if you touch that
thing that shoots that giant blue flame, it's not solid. maybe you should make it solid.
-so, the boss. i had no lag :). i think you didn't separated the collision masks in the lava hands? check it one the sprite.
so, it's good, it has a good variety of attacks, but is pretty damn hard. for the second boss, it shouldn't be
that hard, *cough* dont think in my game maker boss *cough* xD.
// after this, i wrote you a lot, but my comp STOPPED WORKINGGGGHGHGH, summarizing:
-liked penguin, put an arrow to know to go down, wuss save must be normal. that black thing looked like impossible to
dodge, i got to the switches, liked box trap. stoped there because dont know how to do a jump.
overall review: game good, has story, effort and bosses very well made. fix saves, ppl play it on hard mode, no normal/easy.
ok BG, sprites and music, but could be better. the title is not good, think something else, mostly, because
if you look it up on youtube, it appears a song, so ppl searching your game won't find it easly.
nice game, keep it on, i will give you more feedback later. :)
-dakaarts

Click here to download I Wanna be the Rockman - http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=12485.0

Im 19 years old, Bulgarian. Hablo Español :3!

Merg

• View Profile
    • YouTube Account
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 03:51:46 pm »

So I'm at the third boss, didn't try him yet, but here's what I think about the Ice-Area:
Overall I liked it, the Penguin Trap made me laugh. There were a few annoying lazer-jumps, but what really bugged me was the last one. I had to do the whole beginning over and over again just because I died at trying to figure out how I can make it through that. Maybe you can get rid of it, or place a savepoint before that one. Those homing fireballs were okay, but the black one that spams himself really doesn't look good. Maybe make it so that he fires a lazer beam or something, but the way it is now just doesn't look good in my opinion. At the next room I had a lot of troubles figuring out what to do, but we talked about that already. I can't wait to try the next boss, and from the dialogue, I now understand why you called your fangame like that.
The title makes sence in my opinion but only because I know the story of the game.
^This
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 03:53:40 pm by merg »

SirRouven

• I like Touhou.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 02:40:46 pm »

Thanks for the long feedback and suggestions till now. I think changing the "R" charakter to a kid sprite with a R on its shirt is good idea, thanks for the idea daka.
Also thanks to you Merg, I will take a look at the saves in the harder difficulty.
I will change very much of the first chapter because some parts are too hard for first chapter.
So far, thank you all for playing.

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 03:00:41 pm »

I think changing the "R" charakter to a kid sprite with a R on its shirt is good idea, thanks for the idea daka.
Please do not do this. This game has a slightly more unique feel to it than most new fangames. Because you have unique character deisgn that isn't some shitty edit of the kid. It makes your game stand out and so would a name without the prefix "I wanna be the-".

But that's just my two cents, if you want to have a more original fangame keep the character how it is or something that isn't the kid and change the title.

dakaarts

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 03:11:28 pm »

I think changing the "R" charakter to a kid sprite with a R on its shirt is good idea, thanks for the idea daka.
Please do not do this. This game has a slightly more unique feel to it than most new fangames. Because you have unique character deisgn that isn't some shitty edit of the kid. It makes your game stand out and so would a name without the prefix "I wanna be the-".

But that's just my two cents, if you want to have a more original fangame keep the character how it is or something that isn't the kid and change the title.
yeah master, I said a character LIKE the kid, that means similar, it doesn't need to be the same :P
Click here to download I Wanna be the Rockman - http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=12485.0

Fred-eye-inc

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2011, 03:51:13 pm »

Even similar is a bad idea. Why should it be? Originality is one thing every fanagme is lacking on.

People went shit crazy over Boshy because it did a lot of things fanagmes until that point hadn't done including having a completely original character. No saying Boshy was good but y'know.

Darkwraith Axl

• Returning with newfound humanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2011, 04:03:02 pm »

I think changing the "R" charakter to a kid sprite

Oh no. Please don't do that. Don't kill the originality of your game.
> This community: Elitists pieces of shit.
> That community: Retards without a lick of taste.
Pick your poison.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2011, 04:24:02 pm »

I think changing the "R" charakter to a kid sprite

Oh no. Please don't do that. Don't kill the originality of your game.

I can't decide if you are being sarcastic or not, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you are.

dakaarts

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2011, 05:35:49 pm »

I can't decide if you are being sarcastic or not, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you are.
uuu, so you tried the game an you a ready to troll it? =.= ...

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2011, 06:04:52 pm »

uuu, so you tried the game an you a ready to troll it? =.= ...

I'm not trolling the game at all. I never troll games anyways so shut up.

The Guy posted that if he changes the sprite to the kid that he would lose his originality. If this guy is being serious then it is probably the stupidest comment I have ever seen in the fangame section.

If anything it could be looked at like I am supporting the game and he is criticizing it. As in he is being sarcastic about the game having no originality and joking about how that is the only thing original.

dakaarts

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2011, 06:09:23 pm »

I'm not trolling the game at all. I never troll games anyways so shut up.
ha ha.
The Guy posted that if he changes the sprite to the kid that he would lose his originality. If this guy is being serious then it is probably the stupidest comment I have ever seen in the fangame section.

If anything it could be looked at like I am supporting the game and he is criticizing it. As in he is being sarcastic about the game having no originality and joking about how that is the only thing original.[/b][/color]
the game is pretty good, so i doubt a lot he was being sarcastic.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2011, 06:35:14 pm »

Now you are insulting the game and or him.

You see, that either means,

A, The games only originality is the Sprite
or
B, He thinks the originality in games comes from only the character

Either way you are a real asshole.  :P

In all seriousness how do you not see that comment as being stupid?

dakaarts

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2011, 06:57:18 pm »

Now you are insulting the game and or him.

You see, that either means,

A, The games only originality is the Sprite
or
B, He thinks the originality in games comes from only the character

Either way you are a real asshole.  :P

In all seriousness how do you not see that comment as being stupid?

anon, please, don't over-complicate the things xD.
Either way you are a real asshole. :P
same as you <3

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16