I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: I Wanna Be Myself - Version 0.7 [10.03.2013]  (Read 121941 times)

SirRouven

• I like Touhou.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: I Wanna Be Myself - Version 0.7 [10.03.2013]
« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2014, 11:30:40 pm »

Thank you TehJ for the feedback. I will try to take care of all problems you mentioned.

I just want to ask/say something to some of your cons:

• Character switching is a little over-done. Maybe this is what you intended, maybe it isn't. Whatever the case is, some jumps/screens that require you to switch between 2, 3, or even 4 characters is a little overboard when you start switching on virtually every screen past World 3/4.
I understand your point but that is exactly what I intended to do.
I wanted to have a fast paced gameplay where the players need to react fast to the circumstances. Nevertheless, it is possible that I overdid it somewhere. In that case it would be really helpful if you could tell me which parts you remember the most to be overboard.

• Bosses have entirely too much HP. Their attacks are very well-designed, don't get me wrong. However, the constant spamming of bullets into a boss' face only for them to kill you and repeat the entire cycle again is extremely irritating, time consuming, and button breaking. Less HP with invincibility frames may have been a better option for boss fights.
• Enemies, like their Boss counterparts, seem to have too much HP. If I have to spam bullets into one of those blood dragons again my z key is going to break apart. Their attacks/moves are nice and all, but their HP seems to be a problem.
That is a problem I am already aware of. Some of my testers complained about the amount of hp very often. I will do my best to make the hp more fitting but I will not add invincible frames. I just don´t like that idea unless there is a shield protecting the boss or something similar.

• RNG. There is a serious problem within the game in certain areas (most notably Chapter 7's icicle screens) and sometimes requires the player to just restart the game to even pass the screen. Certain boss fights as well rely on just a bit too much RNG (once again, Chapter 7). Some bosses have set attacks, and that's fine! But when parts of the map suddenly disappear and the boss picks a random move to attack with, sometimes the combination is unavoidable. What I'm trying to say here is: Avoid RNG where possible - but its ok to have a bit!
I don´t remember if I wrote this here already but I will check the whole game again after everything is done. So I hope I can eliminate RNG as much as possible and also make things look better.
Just so you know, I know that there is too much RNG and I will change that.

• Save points aren't "evenly" distributed across the game. Certain segments are ridiculous compared to others. Gotta balance that difficulty!
I don´t know on which mode you played but I guess it wasn´t Medium. The thing is that I didn´t really spend much time on placing saves for any other mode than Medium because I always play on this mode.
Anyway, in the final version the modes will be completly changed. I hope that I can make this unbalance better.

Again, thanks for the feedback and I hope you had fun.

Rykkettard

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2014, 05:52:43 pm »

This fangame definitely will be in my top 5, so far i have only finished chapter 5 but the story plot and characters are well-considered and the game isnt hard as hell. Bosses in easy normal and hard have the same amount of hp? Or the only diffrence is number of checkpoints?

SirRouven

• I like Touhou.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2014, 06:15:33 pm »

This fangame definitely will be in my top 5, so far i have only finished chapter 5 but the story plot and characters are well-considered and the game isnt hard as hell. Bosses in easy normal and hard have the same amount of hp? Or the only diffrence is number of checkpoints?
Thank you for playing and the kind words.

At the moment the modes do following:
Easy: Really much savepoints
Medium: Normal amount of savepoints
Hard: Very less savepoints
TBWBP: The same amount of savepoints as in Hard, all the bosses have double amount of hp and some bosses have harder attacks

This concept will change with the final version, then there will only be 3 modes.

AndreSsgarrido

• ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2014, 10:39:07 pm »

Thank you for playing and the kind words.

At the moment the modes do following:
Easy: Really much savepoints
Medium: Normal amount of savepoints
Hard: Very less savepoints
TBWBP: The same amount of savepoints as in Hard, all the bosses have double amount of hp and some bosses have harder attacks

This concept will change with the final version, then there will only be 3 modes.

Plz dont delete the TBWBP mode, for me its the best and most fun difficulty, because of the bosses buff,and beating them feels good in the hardest mode. Btw Im really excited of the next version, this fangame is a masterpiece.

SirRouven

• I like Touhou.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #184 on: January 13, 2014, 01:00:28 am »

Don´t get me wrong. The TBWBP mode will still exist, just with another name.
The mode which will not be in version 1.0 is the Hard mode.
Medium will remain the same and Easy will get the same savepoints as Medium just with easier levels.

AndreSsgarrido

• ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━━┻
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2014, 01:05:51 am »

Oh, that is a big relief ^^ im looking forward for the last version

SirRouven

• I like Touhou.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #186 on: February 13, 2014, 12:51:18 pm »

A have a little update for you guys. Chapter 8 and 9 are done. I also got to finish some optional stuff.

But the main reason I am posting this is that I need help with testing.

For some reason it seems like the .dll I use for the sound has a memory limit depending on the pc running the game.
So I would really appreciate it if some people with old and bad pcs would want to test that for me.
I could send you a test version and you just need to tell me which errors the game shows you.

The_kid

• I'm the kid and I wanna be the guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 13, 2014, 02:54:55 pm »

A have a little update for you guys. Chapter 8 and 9 are done. I also got to finish some optional stuff.

But the main reason I am posting this is that I need help with testing.

For some reason it seems like the .dll I use for the sound has a memory limit depending on the pc running the game.
So I would really appreciate it if some people with old and bad pcs would want to test that for me.
I could send you a test version and you just need to tell me which errors the game shows you.

Great news, I'm waiting for the next version, I have an old pc and I love your game :D, I could test it, if you want.
MY ENGLISH IS NOT THE BEST -_- NOT EVEN CLOSE

Doomday83

« Reply #188 on: February 20, 2014, 01:13:29 pm »

If you still need testers I have a crappy laptop I could test it out on. I'm so hyped for this game to be done :D

SirRouven

• I like Touhou.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #189 on: February 20, 2014, 01:17:37 pm »

No, I don´t need any more testers for my sound problem. The help of The_kid was enough, the sound system has no limits now.

Anyways, thank you for your offer.

Doomday83

« Reply #190 on: February 20, 2014, 03:04:28 pm »

No problem, I'm glad your sound problem was solved :)

pikachuinsano

• Yeah, well, that's just you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 25, 2014, 08:52:29 pm »

do you have predicted a date for releasing the game? just too excited :P
I don't care.

IidoTheFox

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
« Reply #192 on: March 14, 2014, 01:28:37 am »

Alright so for whatever reason I ended up putting this game off for a long while after getting midway through chapter 5.

The other day I finally started playing again and as of this moment I am at Crystal King. My hand aches and I need a break for now lol..maybe I'll give him another shot later or tomorrow.
http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
Come by if you wanna see me suffer playing fangames!
Avatar by Xmatic-Zane on DeviantART.

Darkwraith Axl

• Returning with newfound humanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 14, 2014, 01:55:31 am »

Alright so for whatever reason I ended up putting this game off for a long while after getting midway through chapter 5.

The other day I finally started playing again and as of this moment I am at Crystal King. My hand aches and I need a break for now lol..maybe I'll give him another shot later or tomorrow.

Crystal King is maybe the most annoying boss of this game. He actually made my hand sore.
> This community: Elitists pieces of shit.
> That community: Retards without a lick of taste.
Pick your poison.

IidoTheFox

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
« Reply #194 on: March 14, 2014, 07:18:02 am »

Well, after more attempts, and swearing more vulgarly than I have in months, I beat Crystal King. Are there any more bosses in chapter 7? Though I'll probably find out myself before I get a reply.
http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
Come by if you wanna see me suffer playing fangames!
Avatar by Xmatic-Zane on DeviantART.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16