I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: I Wanna Be Myself - Version 0.7 [10.03.2013]  (Read 112693 times)

doomday83

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna Be Myself - Version 0.7 [10.03.2013]
« Reply #210 on: July 06, 2014, 07:40:45 pm »

I Never had a tough time beating the bosses when I first played through this game, at least not more so than usual.

MetaKK

• PRO-Tier
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #211 on: July 06, 2014, 08:05:18 pm »

I Never had a tough time beating the bosses when I first played through this game, at least not more so than usual.
We were talking about the bosses on the hardest difficulty. On normal mode they're a piece of cake.

doomday83

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 07, 2014, 04:50:02 pm »

We were talking about the bosses on the hardest difficulty. On normal mode they're a piece of cake.

Well, call me crazy, but I feel like the bosses being unfairly difficult, and seemingly impossible on the hardest difficulty, is the point -_-

If you don't want the bosses to be so hard, maybe don't pick the hardest difficulty.

MetaKK

• PRO-Tier
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #213 on: July 07, 2014, 05:01:30 pm »

There's a difference between difficult and luck-based. As Rouven already stated, with Dark Storm and the Crystal King you sometimes get attack patterns that aren't hard, but literally impossible to dodge.

SirRouven

• I like Touhou.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #214 on: October 13, 2014, 06:03:00 pm »

It´s been longer than a year since I last updated this game and to be honest I stopped working on this game for a long time.

But since september I am working on I Wanna Be Myself again.
I will definetly finish this game until christmas this year. Probably even earlier. At the moment I only need to make the final boss.

But before I can release this game, other people than the creator should test it.
I will give something like a version 0.99 to people who want to test my game.

If you want to test my game, please send me a message. I will reply with a download link, soon.
Of course you should test the game from the beginning on.
I would like to get something like test reports from testers but just pointing out important things would be acceptable, too.

Overall I need people that check the dialogues, the game itself and the level design (also bosses).

I would really appreciate it if some people would offer to test the game.

SirRouven

• I like Touhou.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #215 on: November 05, 2014, 03:21:56 pm »

I have a little update for you. Here is the last middle boss of my game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4iAGxB5S6s

Hopefully I will be able to finish the game for this year´s christmas.

A little message to my beta testers: You will receive a test version when I finished the boss in the preview.

Also, I won´t accept any new testers.

Rykkettard

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 13, 2014, 09:34:54 am »

I look forward for it =)
Completed Version would be great present for christmas. IWBM is one of the few, if not the only one good and alive IWBTG fangame project  :P

telemorph

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 18, 2015, 02:03:26 am »

Alright, I love this game. I could run it perfectly on this old shitty computer of mine. Now I try to run it on my new gaming computer and my fps is INCREDIBLY low. I changed the color depth to 16-bit and it's still slow. Help?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 02:07:03 am by Cabadoth »

SirRouven

• I like Touhou.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #218 on: January 18, 2015, 05:32:08 pm »

It is actually kinda useless to change the colordepth. I thought that it would help some people but unfortunately it doesn´t do anything.
I already took that feature out.

To come back to your problem:
Are the FPS everywhere in the game so low or just in certain rooms? Also, is there something special about your new gaming pc?

It might be that I will not be able to solve your problem but the game should work way better when the next version comes out.

telemorph

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 18, 2015, 09:03:58 pm »

Are the FPS everywhere in the game so low or just in certain rooms? Also, is there something special about your new gaming pc?

It might be that I will not be able to solve your problem but the game should work way better when the next version comes out.

The FPS is low everywhere, even on the Super Sound loading screen. And this isn't just happening in this game. I tried "I Wanna Be The 8bit" and "I Wanna Be Like Brisulph" and that also lagged.
I don't know if there is something special about my gaming pc, but I do know it has some very high specs.

EDIT: I restarted my computer and now everything is fine.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 03:03:17 am by Cabadoth »

telemorph

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 27, 2015, 03:57:57 pm »

Sorry for the double post, but this needs to be said. I was fighting Dark Storm Phase 2 and I died. I pressed R and I respawned in the difficulty select room. The weirdest part was that I still had Storm as a character. It was super weird.

SirRouven

• I like Touhou.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #221 on: January 28, 2015, 02:14:23 pm »

Did you use the teleporter room to get to that boss?
Because in this case, the game doesn´t save automatically after entering a teleporter and you would always respawn in the teleporter room.

telemorph

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 28, 2015, 06:45:43 pm »

Did you use the teleporter room to get to that boss?
Because in this case, the game doesn´t save automatically after entering a teleporter and you would always respawn in the teleporter room.
No. I started the game from the very beginning and got to the boss that way. I even saved before the boss.

SirRouven

• I like Touhou.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2015, 10:40:57 am »

I think I know what causes that.
While working on the game I sometimes delete old objects but it also happens that I forget to completly take them out of the game code.
When the game tries to create an object which doesn´t exist anymore, it creates the object with the id 0, so it creates the "world" object.
This leads to a lot of problems within the game but it still "works".
This can cause the game to go from saveslot 1 to saveslot 2 and then it loads another savefile even if there is none.
I guess that the Storm boss tries to spawn an object which I deleted and thus you got this error.

It seems like I need to get version 1.0 done very soon since people start finding more and more bugs.

SirRouven

• I like Touhou.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #224 on: August 08, 2015, 08:01:16 am »

It has been quite a long time since I posted something about how the game is progressing.
To be honest, I didn't really do anything since half a year because I lacked the motivation to work on anything Gamemaker related but finally I seem to have the will to finish this game, again.

I have a lot of bug reports lying around here which I will go through after I finished the whole game.
Thank you to everyone who told me about bugs and thank you especially to all testers, all of your reports are very useful and will be in the future.

As of now, I could release something like version 0.9 to the public but I do not really want to do that since it is only a little bit left until I can present the final version, so please have a bit patience (even though I am saying this since 2 years).

Here is a list of what I think needs to be done for version 1.0:
-Final Bosses
-Credits
-Challenge Hall
-Minigames
-Bug Fixes

If people want, I can release a version (0.99?) of the game after I finished the main story since minigames and stuff are not really that important.

I am sorry that the game is still not finished but maybe this project will find its end this year.

Since I don't like talking about updates without showing anything, here, have a picture of the concept for one of the final bosses:

If you can read german you might even understand some of my notes here.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16