I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: MF2 Discussion  (Read 2038 times)

Neko Desu

• The Guy
    • View Profile
MF2 Discussion
« on: October 02, 2011, 03:52:46 pm »

MF2 is harder to use but arguably more powerful than Game Maker. We know that MMF2 games definitely aren't made with IWBTE.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 09:47:36 pm by YBBanning »

Indigo Blue

• That fucking chilean dude
    • View Profile
Re: I wanna be in Color
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 03:56:48 pm »

MF2 is harder to use but arguably more powerful than Game Maker. We know that MMF2 games definitely aren't made with IWBTE.

well, even if i agree with you in that, calkama sure has a point, the software you use doesnt decide if the game is going to be good or not, you could be using the most powerful software out there and your game could stillbe a gigantic piece of shit.

Now back in the thread, i like it so far, you are going in the right directionm but you need to improve your level design skills
"im going to write this here so i dont have to say it always:
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH"

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 05:01:27 pm »

>implying IWBTE makes bad games

Mark, good games are made by good game designers. I've seen games made with Gamemaker that are shitty. I've seen many games made with MMF2 that are shitty. I've seen games made with MMF2 that are good. I've seen games made with Gamemaker that are good. The program doesn't matter. The engine you use doesn't matter. Good games are made by good game designers. The reason no good game has ever been made with IWBTE is because we don't have any good game designers that use IWBTE.

Also I'm not sure where you heard MMF2 is more powerful when you get good at it but Game Maker is just as powerful as MMF2, both programs just take the proper know how to use correctly.

Also C++/C# is more powerful than either Game Maker or MMF2.

On Topic: Alright good. Just don't make the bosses shitty and work on your level design and we may have a decent fangame.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 08:21:38 pm »

Mark, good games are made by good game designers. I've seen games made with Gamemaker that are shitty. I've seen many games made with MMF2 that are shitty. I've seen games made with MMF2 that are good. I've seen games made with Gamemaker that are good. The program doesn't matter. The engine you use doesn't matter. Good games are made by good game designers. The reason no good game has ever been made with IWBTE is because we don't have any good game designers that use IWBTE.

I know that. The majority of fangames on this board are made with Game Maker and the majority of fangames on this board are bad. However, the few MMF2 fangames I've seen don't seem to suck as much

Boshy is one of the worst fangames on this forum. Fangame: The Game is pretty terrible as well but not absolute garbage like Boshy. The games made with MMF2 know how to mask shit with effects. Game maker's default effects are kinda shitty so since people who use it don't know how to work with game maker, they use the shitty default effects rather than coding their own and then the shit just doesn't get masked up.

There are like, what, 2 MMF2 fangames (maybe 3, I can't think of a third one right now though) then there are hundreds made with Game maker. So of course the majority of the bads will be made with Game maker. (technically all fangames suck so instead I'll divide it into shit = decent and absolute shit = bad). Also Game Maker is more user friendly than MMF2 so naturally more kids will be using it. And Game Maker also has the engine so naturally even more kids will be using it. The majority of kids don't know how to make good games. (When I say kids I mean 13 and under) So logically the program with the higher majority of below average developers will have a higher majority of shitty games.

However the only games in the fangame section that I consider good (even though they are more of just inspirations rather than fangames) are made with either Game Maker or C++. That is something to think about.

But anyway the reason the MMF2 games look better is because they aren't made by kids, the developers still aren't good but they know a little bit more about what they are doing rather than some kid who thinks that the fact he made a block move left and right by pressing left and right is cool.

[redacted]

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 09:01:39 pm »

I know that. The majority of fangames on this board are made with Game Maker and the majority of fangames on this board are bad. However, the few MMF2 fangames I've seen don't seem to suck as much

The majority of kids don't know how to make good games. (When I say kids I mean 13 and under)
WAIT WAIT WAIT
Your saying everyone under 13 doesn't know how to make games!
Just so you know I'm 12...(I'm going to reget saying that[Basically because I know if Valkama reads this post I know what he is going to say])

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 09:06:43 pm »

The majority of kids don't know how to make good games. (When I say kids I mean 13 and under)
WAIT WAIT WAIT
Your saying everyone under 13 doesn't know how to make games!
Just so you know I'm 12...(I'm going to reget saying that[Basically because I know if Valkama reads this post I know what he is going to say])

Majority does not equal 100% moron. But you have already proven to me that you can't make a good game so yeah.