I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: The new Bug Thread - ALL BUGS GO HERE - DON'T CREATE NEW TOPICS  (Read 98862 times)

Kayin

• Well.. They're more like giant cherries...
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile

I'm probably going to be hard pressed to be convinced to release a new version any time soon, but all these threads aren't any help. I want all bugs to be posted in this thread. You can still make a thread for it if you think it's interesting or anything is worth discussing.

Secondly, I want minimal discussion in this thread.The idea is if I decide to start fixing stuff, that I can look through this thread an dnot be bogged down by crap.

Finally, do not report any game crashing bugs. MMF2 sucks. I'm not going to use it anymore. But whats done is done.

DSK and other mods, feel free to delete repeat bugs -- but don't feel the need to go crazy over it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 09:02:50 pm by dsk »

desktopdoodlz

Re: The new Bug Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 08:33:45 pm »

ill delete my posts after a while

ok bug: on mecha birdo, when you fall throught the roof, just sit there and dont toch any buttons and when the kid gets pushed of the missle by the wall, hold right, then when the kid passes through the floor to the level below (the room that you can seee mecha birdos bum in), you run to the other side and double jump into the wall, you should pass through and be put in front of the missle (on medium only), and the kids bow just doesn't stay there, he gets like... 'revived' when he comes through the wall, ive done this multiple times to see and it works about 90% of the time...

ninjaburger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 11:20:19 am »

well right now i just got to the castle of the guy and now im at the entrance to the guy but... i really cant do anything. theres the fires i know that

(possible spoilers?)

i jump past the fire and make it fall and jump back and then... nothing happens. the floor is normal and wherever i jump on it i die. so i figure "hooookay there's probably some secret to the room i'm completely missing".

after about 15 minutes of screwing around, i went to youtube (and nearly killedmyself for going to youtube for help, since i went through the whole game so far without it :'( ) and it looks like when you knock the fire down, it's supposed to set the floor on fire?

i've restarted my game over and over and it still does nothing with the fire..

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/322/image7bq3.jpg

and i would have posted in the "my save is fucked!" thread but i can't seem to find where my save files are >_>
that and i wasn't sure if this was a bug or a savegame thing?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 02:01:38 am by ninjaburger »

Dagnarok

• Neutral Good Moderator
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Commander of the USP Talon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 11:35:42 am »

The save folder for your games is in the same location as the game itself.  Look for a folder called "save".

As for what you found... dubya-tea-eff? O_o
Quote from: Tilyami
Shuu is like the monkey's paw if the monkey's paw was a partridge.

Albedo667

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 06:33:18 pm »

I feel like killing a cat after this happened.  So I was in the secret item room in Tourian, and I go and jump into the fourth enemy so I can freeze it and then land, but I end up glitching INTO it so I couldnt move and had to restart.  I would've gotten that item too.  :'(

ninjaburger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 02:07:35 am »

alright so i attached my save game that i was talking about (at the entrance of the guy).
if that helps at all  :P

edit: i re-downloaded/installed the game, tried for slowmo and frameskip versions. and i also realized (watched more youtube vidoes out of boredome o_O) that there's other parts of the game where fire should have been but i didn't see any!

for example (spoilers?)

Mike Tyson Fight : he didnt spit fire for me, he just gaped his mouth open like a .... *ehem* moving on
Falling from the Tyson fight : i guess your supposed to fall while on fire, i just fall w/ no fire
Dracula Fight : looks like there's some fire on draculas attacks? no fire whatsoever in that fight for me.
Entrance of the Guy : and of course, no fire on the floor when i knock it down..

is my save fucked or is it the game? halp. ~ :fruit:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 03:54:18 am by ninjaburger »

Kwiftee

• R ANGRY
  • That guy who's always ranting about stuff.
    • View Profile
    • http://no
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 05:25:58 am »

You've got "Disable some effects" turned on, by the sound of things. Go to options, and turn it off.
If that's not it, then I have no idea. ;_;
zyxfrlpso
Quote from: Yuletideriz
My god, if I could shit gold and I give it to you, you would still bitch because it was technically crap.
how about you GO ON IRC RIGHT NOW PLEASE

SilentLoner

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 10:18:49 am »

I just tried out that save with the "Disable some effects" option turned on, and the flames didn't appear for me, either. Try turning it off like Kwiftee said and see if you're still having problems with that area.

ninjaburger

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 11:27:58 am »

doh! that was the problem  :-X

i started turning that off near when i started playing because the game seemed to lag less... but thanks for pointing that out, completely slipped outta my mind

now i feel dumb >_>
 :kid:

:spikes:
thx now i can finish  :)

Kitty

• What a furry.
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • ねこみみん is happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 01:44:16 pm »

I just tried out that save with the "Disable some effects" option turned on, and the flames didn't appear for me, either. Try turning it off like Kwiftee said and see if you're still having problems with that area.
Yeah, that's seemingly the one thing that Disable some effects really screws up.
So adorable! <333
Quote from: Zuks
Quote from: Cat
I think it's raining.
Are you sure there isn't just some weird sky leak above your head?

NoBsReviews

• View Profile
    • No Bullshit Reviews YouTube channel
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 01:51:15 pm »

I hath discovered of many delicious glitches...

Mike Tyson:
  • During the fight, jump into the left door. You are now falling indefinitely.

Zelda:
  • If you jump into Link's shield, you get stuck as he pushes you up onto his head.
  • If you jump into Link's ass, you can stay on him by mashing the jump button, thereby evading all of his stabbery.

Zelda music:
  • Standing in the very left edge of the screen causes the music to stop. From my experience, pressing Print Scrn or minimizing/maximizing the game window gives off the first drum beat from the Guilty Gear music.
  • In the cave, shoot the save point as you're falling down to where Link is. The next time you press R, the Guilty Gear music will be playing instead of the Zelda music.
  • The Guilty Gear music will also play instead of the Zelda music after returning from the Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts area.

Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts:
  • Even if you've already obtained the secret item, it will be there if you restart using F2.
  • Not technically a glitch, but in the secret item room, you can jump over the wall, revealing strange new places.

Mecha-Birdo:
  • You can see the screen below by falling to your death on the very left after a Shy Guy hits you.
  • I'm not sure what causes it, but sometimes Mecha-Birdo gets stuck on the clouds above.
  • If you're using the Slomo version and your computer is severely lagged, you not only get more reaction time but also more missiles shot at you.

In the screen right after Mecha-Birdo's missiles, shoot the save point while falling. The next time you press R, you'll fall through the floor into the screen below. This same thing happens for the save point following the Metroid escape.

Castlevania music:
  • For the first save point in this area, shoot it while jumping over the staircase. The next time you press R, if you're on the last step, the Castlevania music will be replaced with the main area music.
  • The music is replaced again if you shoot the very last save point while standing near the edge of the screen (and then press R.)

Dracula:
  • Rather than walking into the fight, let a gorgon head knock you in. Once un-petrified, you'll be able to roam freely even before Dracula tosses his glass.
  • Shoot the save point just as you're moving into Dracula's room. The next time you press R, the main area music will be playing and you'll be able to roam freely in Dracula's chamber until you activate the cut scene by touching the right side of the screen.

Hyperspace:
  • jumping in roughly the middle will cause the spikes from the screen above to fall on you.

Not technically a glitch, but in the screen after Kraidgief/hyperspace, if you wait for about 4 minutes, the crab thing from Metroid will come, which you can use as a platform to jump over the map, revealing more strange new places.

Bowser/Wart/Wily:
  • Falling into the spikes causes you to fall down to where Motherbrain's orb is.

Tetris music:
  • Press P immediately upon entering this room to hear the Kirby music instead of the Tetris music.

Kraidgief:
  • On your way down to this battle, kill yourself (press Q.) When the battle begins, you'll be not only alive but invincible.

Metroid:
  • When petrifying enemies, you can get stuck in them.
  • If you stand on the very right edge of a falling blue platform, it doesn't fall.
  • Metroids will chase you into the black void.
  • When on a falling blue platform, stay on it and catch another platform on your way down. When the platforms hit the ground, you will be teleported upward.

Metroid music:
  • Stand between the first room and the secret room to hear a grinding sound.

Mine cart ride:
  • At the end, shoot the save point. Every time you press R, you will be launched by the mine cart again.
  • If you would like to have a seizure, hold left as soon as the moon tries to crush you.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 06:49:22 pm by NoBsReviews »

Dagnarok

• Neutral Good Moderator
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Commander of the USP Talon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 02:04:11 pm »

A lot of these are already known, like:

1) Vertical Elevators
2) The Mine Cart Ride ones (although I'm not sure about the seizure and launched by mine cart ones)
3) Killing yourself just as a boss battle/cutscene begins

And others I'm not going to go into. :P  Is this what you mean by getting stuck in Link's ass?
Quote from: Tilyami
Shuu is like the monkey's paw if the monkey's paw was a partridge.

NoBsReviews

• View Profile
    • No Bullshit Reviews YouTube channel
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 06:43:51 pm »

A lot of these are already known, like:

1) Vertical Elevators
2) The Mine Cart Ride ones (although I'm not sure about the seizure and launched by mine cart ones)
3) Killing yourself just as a boss battle/cutscene begins

And others I'm not going to go into. :P  Is this what you mean by getting stuck in Link's ass?
That shows it perfectly! ;D Though you don't actually get stuck until he turns around. Before that, you have to mash the jump button like a mad man or face spiky doom.

NeonKneel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2008, 11:17:26 pm »

When I obtained the gun in the Graveyard room, I died trying to make it back.  I then saved.

When I first begin my save file, and go into that room, the gun is there.  If I die once, and go into the room again, it's gone.  Either I obtained the upgrade and just am not noticing the difference, or else I'd have to reload the game every time I die to get it again.

dsk

• Lawful Evil Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Like a phoenix
    • View Profile
    • Youtube videos!
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 11:19:18 pm »

There's no upgrade, and the secret items save files are separate files from the individual game files. So if you start a new game, you'll still have the ones you got previously.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21