I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Poll

MLP

Twilight
- 3 (12%)
Pinkie
- 1 (4%)
Applejack
- 4 (16%)
Rainbow Dash
- 4 (16%)
Rarity
- 0 (0%)
Fluttershy
- 8 (32%)
This thread is getting silly
- 2 (8%)
Evan is a loser
- 2 (8%)
How rude
- 1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Which ponies are morally superior?  (Read 7234 times)

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
Re: Which ponies are morally superior?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 09:07:23 pm »

Make a ponies subforum.

Hmm... I was just struck with the most fascinating idea...

Sarah

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 09:10:12 pm »

Make a ponies subforum.

Hmm... I was just struck with the most fascinating idea...

If this happens, make it like the NSFW board where you need permissions, then DON'T give me permission to access. XD

Also, Venser, I love you. <3
It's okay, we've all been literally retarded at some point in our lives.

Salamander

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 09:15:14 pm »

If you need administrators to forcibly stop you from looking at something you don't want to see, frankly, you have problems.
Go seek help.
<Kayin> You know, I always said necroing is okay, but the other admins ignore me. :(

Dagnarok

• Neutral Good Moderator
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Commander of the USP Talon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 09:17:59 pm »

If you need administrators to forcibly stop you from looking at something you don't want to see, frankly, you have problems.
Go seek help.
Quote from: Tilyami
Shuu is like the monkey's paw if the monkey's paw was a partridge.

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 09:26:19 pm »

Replace Minecraft with Ponies for the exact same argument.
Given that it took several years and masses of games for IWBTF to eventually make a Games subforum, this just isn't going to happen. Honestly, this forum isn't nearly big enough for a subforum for a specific topic - games are general enough that it maintains a worthwhile critical mass.

Say we made a MLP subforum here. You're talking about one "general" thread, and then maybe one or two other worthwhile threads at a time. It's not worth it. Just keep it in one thread. If it's something that is different enough that it merits its own thread (like, say, a MLP fighting game), go ahead, fine. But this is really just not something that merits discussion outside its given thread.

We could make a subforum for a lot of things. That doesn't mean we should.

Ybbald: I read that as "deadly venser"
Ybbald: and I was like
Ybbald: "when is venser NOT deadly?"

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

Sarah

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 09:34:41 pm »

Go seek help.

I didn't say that I did. It was a joke more than anything. >_>

Dagnarok

• Neutral Good Moderator
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Commander of the USP Talon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 09:43:43 pm »

Wasn't trying to offend you Sarah; I've just... heard things of the same caliber (both IRL and not) more than I care for, and (from both sides) it annoys me every time I hear it. >_>
Quote from: Tilyami
Shuu is like the monkey's paw if the monkey's paw was a partridge.

Salamander

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 10:57:55 pm »

We could make a subforum for a lot of things. That doesn't mean we should.
I just took a sample of data from the first three pages of GD and worked some statistics on it.
Lets go with Quartiles.
In terms of post count, we have Q1 = 6, Median = 16, Q3 = 32, and the Interquartile range = 26.
Thus, any thread with more than 71 posts (32  + 1.5 * 26) should be considered F'ing huge.
...Which leads on to my main point: The MLP thread is 16 times larger than the "F'ing huge" cutoff.

As it stands, off the top of my head, I believe it could be split into a humorous picture thread, a comic thread, a music thread, a video thread, a fanfiction thread, and a thread for discussion of each episode of season 2 (which is ten -and counting-).

Forcing content which is only loosely related into the one thread inevitably just turns the thread into a disorganised mess; impossible to find any relevant information in any sane manner.
The job of a moderator is not to wave their penis around; It is to maintain order.  You have failed in this regard.
<Kayin> You know, I always said necroing is okay, but the other admins ignore me. :(

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 11:34:14 pm »

We already have topics for many of the things you mentioned: humorous pictures, music, videos. Why does each of those things need to have a specific MLP version? A thread for discussion of each episode is somewhat implausible on a forum this small. Let's look at the thread. Now, I don't keep up with MLP, but discussion of what appears to be the second-to-last episode (starting with this post) was only six posts.

That's really not topic-worthy. But then, one episode is hardly a good sample size, is it? Let's look at some more. The next one in reverse chronological order I found (beginning here) is around 8-9 posts, I'm not sure how relevant some of them are. Next one before that...(here) is 8 posts, and that's counting several posts of worthless shit. Skimming back, no episodes stuck out at me as having any significant numbers of posts. I don't think it's much of a stretch to say that it isn't worth having threads for individual things that are not going to get double digits of posts when they can be conglomerated into a single thread. The most recent episode (which I found after typing up this paragraph) is just 7 posts. Still fits with the rest of them.

The final two divisions you suggest are comics and fanfiction. Comics are relatively few of the posts in the MLP thread, and I don't see any comic-related posts in the last six pages of the thread. Fanfiction seems to comprise a large percentage of the MLP thread, and I suppose you could argue that there should be two threads, one for MLP Fanfiction and one for MLP General, but I really don't think it's so big a deal that it's necessary.

Also, if you have some issue with the argument of "we have threads for those individual things [humorous images, videos, etc.]", go look at the last month of the MLP thread, counting the number of posts for those things. You're not going to find a number that's significant by your own reasoning of quartiles.

Now let's look at the rest of your argument.

I'm really not sure why quartiles are relevant. The determination of whether MLP has enough content to be its own subforum has nothing at all to do with how big it is compared to other threads; it has to do with absolute standards of "is it so large and diverse that the thread is too chaotic to understand?" and/or "is it big enough to garner its own subforum?" Neither of those things have anything to do with comparing its size to other topics.

The job of a moderator is not to wave their penis around; It is to maintain order.  You have failed in this regard.
The direct insult, too, is really not necessary and just makes you appear childish and unable to support an argument with facts. If you're arguing that I'm trying to display my power rather than keep order, that's a different argument...and one you would find impossible to support, given that there's no evidence for it.

Arkhanno: We'll have to out-source to the US. I know of a great doctor with lifeguard training that can do anything with a 90% success rate

Evan20k: Sherlock Holmes didn't have 5 arms and 6 penises and lifeguard training

Sarah

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 11:35:41 pm »

Laugh = Lose is much bigger, though doesn't have its own subforum.

Minecraft is behind about 20 pages, but still is much bigger than your "F'ing huge" thread status, though it doesn't have its own subforum.

Why should My Little Pony? Either give Minecraft its own as well as My Little Pony, or neither. I say neither because although I LOVE Minecraft, it wouldn't be fair still. Besides, what happens when its popularity dies off? Do we keep the subforum? What about My Lame Pony? Do we keep that subforum when its popularity dies off?

Personally, I say just leave it alone.

EDIT: Venser, no ninjaing. D:

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 11:38:11 pm »

Oh, and by the way: I'm totally open to the idea of having multiple threads for a singular topic, or the creation of a subforum for a topic that merits it. You would just have to convince me that MLP fits the requirements for either one, and right now I don't see it as being there for either one.

ybbald

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2011, 11:41:34 pm »

I don't see why we can't have multiple thread for MLP
1 in GD for most of the shit
1 in NSFW for all the Clop clop
three MLP threads would be excessive, though, let's keep it to two

Evan20000

• Nuke 'em
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Forum Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2011, 11:44:50 pm »

Oh, and by the way: I'm totally open to the idea of having multiple threads for a singular topic, or the creation of a subforum for a topic that merits it. You would just have to convince me that MLP fits the requirements for either one, and right now I don't see it as being there for either one.
Seconding this.

Also, induringshitstorm

Your videos could just be you in a Nazi outfit, shitting into a bucket while doing the can-can and they'd already be miles ahead of Pewdiepie.

Venser

• Gloved Modulator
  • Godmin
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2011, 11:46:05 pm »

...I somehow doubt that there would be so much NSFW MLP material that it would merit its own thread. If you were to divide it, I would say meritorious posts should be in GD (MLP General, but free of all the images and so on), and more content-lacking posts would be in a Crap version (sub-MLP). I don't really think it's necessary, although it might be more convenient for those that commonly browse the thread.

Evan20000

• Nuke 'em
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Forum Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2011, 11:51:17 pm »

A thread in NSFW wouldn't be out of the question imo because the images simply can't go into the General MLP thread due to content.

Your videos could just be you in a Nazi outfit, shitting into a bucket while doing the can-can and they'd already be miles ahead of Pewdiepie.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4