I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Author Topic: ....I JUST WANTED SPOONS  (Read 1354 times)

Neo

• God of Music. Also, Mort was sexually assaulted by Bidoof.
  • HUZZAH
    • View Profile
....I JUST WANTED SPOONS
« on: December 11, 2011, 06:42:13 am »

Well I decided to leave my apartment at 3 to go grocery shopping. For one thing I noticed I was out of spoons, as I ate a bowl of nostalgic Life cereal using a knife. Well, time to run errands then. The first stop would be the bank, just to do a weekly deposit before it closes. I decided to watch the last half hour of Dark Water on TV while attempting to perfect Dream Theater's song Surrounded, which I'm pretty sure I've been trying and failing to do since I first picked up the thing...that solo....just can't do it, and it looks so simple man! Anyway....knowing I really didn't need much, and being lazy, I left my amp and all my possession in the living room, and left the TV on. Afterall, this will only take like 20 minutes.
I ran for the bus and caught it right as it was leaving, took it to downtown where my bank was, jumped off at the stop and ran across the street dodging cars and then another block or two to get to the bank. It was going to close at 4.

I got there and today they decided to close at 3.

Well I saw the manager and asked what I could do to deposit these checks, if he could reopen the bank for me, call his employees back, and that typical stuff. He said that there was nothing he could do, but there's a Wells Fargo right down the street, about 10 blocks, and it would be an easy walk. And I had plenty of time, that one was a branch that closed at 7. So I rejoiced and started walking / running in that general direction when I realized that he lied and it was actually in Los Angeles.

Not being one to give up, I waited at another bus stop for the 5 toward Downtown LA. And then this guy came up to me and asked if I'd been waiting long and I said no, and we started talking. I told him I was an editor and I was working at a company just down the street as an intern, and he said he was director. He talked about how he was the best at everything he did and there would never be another him, his idol was Quentin Tarantino and said he liked to make romantic movies, but not cheesy, and not sentimental in anyway. No cliches. In fact it's so indie that it doesn't have a plot or an ending. He was annoying and arrogant, and then he just left, said he was above waiting for the bus. Finally the bus came and I swiped my card and got on.

I didn't intend to attend a global warming lecture, and I don't think that was any of the other passenger's expectations either, but we're all just sitting there when this old woman points to a lit neon sign and yells "That's what's wrong with the world! Global warming!"

She went on to explain to a couple of begrudging listeners that the scientists are lying about global warming, greenhouse gases, and the ozone layer. None of those things actually exist you see. It's not the gases that are causing global warming, it's that we're generating too much heat as human beings. The only way to stop it is to stop using electricity, and most of all halogen lamps and airplanes. Because they burn curtains and are very bright.

That's all I heard of her mission because my stop was there half an hour later. It was dark outside, stupid daylight savings, I miss the sunshine. Something I couldnt say before I moved here. Anyway, there was a Ralphs across the street and the Wells Fargo was inside it. I finally got my check deposited, but only barely. Also I got a fee of 250 waived, since I was using a premium account, and after 3 months if I didn't have 25,000 or more in my savings account, they'd charge me. Anyway,

I was lucky my expired driver's license worked, because it was there that I realized I left my real ID at a bar last weekend when I got a pool table.

So I left the bank, still holding 2 Ralph's bags under my arms. In Santa Monica, they've banned free paper shopping bags, and it's an implied requirement to have permanent shopping bags you bring with you to the store. Otherwise, you have to pay 10 cents for each bag they give you, and the bags are complete shit that tear apart instantly and those bastards know it.

So by now it's dark night, like 7:00, I don't know how. I lost time somewhere within all this, and so I leave the store and call the bar and ask if they have my ID still. And thankfully they do. But the bar is maybe 3 miles from the place I was at there, and I had no idea where I even was, so I started running in one general direction that I hoped it was in.

I passed a couple of drug dealers leaning against trees in the park, and finally made it back to the city. And then I found the bar and they couldn't find my ID then so I waited longer and then when they were no longer behind the counter went back there and I looked myself and eventually found it. Then I ran out of there before they came back, and was glad when a bus stopped for me even though that stop was "permanently" closed.

So at about 8, I got back to Santa Monica and then waited at a bus stop for another bus to come, but it never came after like 30 minutes, so I once again started running. And finally I got back to the place where Vons, the mafia-run grocery store was, and right across the street there was Swingers, so I decided to go check it out.

And fries with ranch dressing is amazing, along with a milkshake and chicken fettucini and a burger. Cool, retro-style diner.

So then it was like 9 and I went to mafia Vons and got my stuff. Then while I was waiting for the last bus I met a guy who barrel rolled out of a semi-moving car to get to the bus stop. He really wanted to get somewhere fast. We started talking and he was a music recorder/producer who was having a barbeque that night and needed to get back. I got invited to it but couldn't go and besides I ate Swingers. But maybe tomorrow I'll have the time to go over and check things out, he's apparently got a studio and everything. Or he could be crazy. Guess we might find out.

So then I finally got back to the apartment and all my stuff in the living room was gone the TV was still on and I guess no one came back to take my stuff after all.

I put away the groceries and sat down to write 2 10 page essays due in 5 days about what I've learned in my time out here, but stopped after I wrote my name and then started watching Futurama.

So tomorrow it'll be 7am waking up in the morning cause a client wants to take me back to his house in Manhattan Beach to review the DVD I've been making for him. And hopefully that will be that and I'll finally get paid and it'll be done. But more likely there will be ONE LITTLE thing that's not to his liking that I won't be able to fix till Monday.

Meanwhile I have those 2 10 page essays to write, a rap music video someone wants edited by Monday and I haven't even started, clothes to buy for a Christmas party on Monday at Ross.

The commercial does not lie. Ross can't be beat. Ross knows clothes are worth 5 bucks, not 30.

And try to fit getting my guitar fixed at Guitar Center if they're even open/ strings changed correctly, and doing laundry.

HOLY FUCK CHIA OBAMA

Goodnight
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 06:56:51 am by Neo »
So you gonna fight me with that thing?
Damn turrets. Damn Vinewalls. Damn Lasers.Damn Ceiling. Damn GUY

4/5/11 Never Forget.
Derf <3's Neo for making him a mod <3

I think we should just add to the rules that I'll be in every mafia by default.

Salamander

• View Profile
Re: ....I JUST WANTED SPOONS
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 09:25:03 am »

You... Ran out of spoons?  Do you throw them away after using them or something?

Otherwise, you have to pay 10 cents for each bag they give you, and the bags are complete shit that tear apart instantly and those bastards know it.
Over here, we pay 15c and get heavy duty (reusable) plastic bags that I couldn't break if I tried.  I have used them to carry 6kg of crap at one point.  In the one bag.
<Kayin> You know, I always said necroing is okay, but the other admins ignore me. :(

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 02:16:17 pm »

Neo you've stolen my narrative style and improved upon it. I am not complaining.

Neo

• God of Music. Also, Mort was sexually assaulted by Bidoof.
  • HUZZAH
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 07:42:13 pm »

Thanks, soon assimilation will be complete! Ha, but seriously your stories are better and we need another one. We need another Liquid story!!!

And I just cant play Surrounded! Its been a long long time and I've had a while to think it over, but in the end Im still nowhere near it. Light to dark dark to light

Oh also I buy plastic party utensils cause this place is too messy to keep anything for too long

« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 07:44:07 pm by Neo »
So you gonna fight me with that thing?
Damn turrets. Damn Vinewalls. Damn Lasers.Damn Ceiling. Damn GUY

4/5/11 Never Forget.
Derf <3's Neo for making him a mod <3

I think we should just add to the rules that I'll be in every mafia by default.

liquidCorgster

• Signature Moderator
  • The Guy
  • hanged man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 07:45:39 pm »

another liquid story

I used to be able to write, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

tijit

• IWBTG Champion
  • yatta
    • View Profile
    • tijital-games.com
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 07:47:50 pm »

I had insomnia before it was cool