I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87]

Author Topic: Running Count of People that Have Become The Guy  (Read 340666 times)

telemorph

• View Profile
Re: Running Count of People that Have Become The Guy
« Reply #1290 on: August 09, 2015, 10:40:13 pm »

i have a confession to make. i never became the guy legit. i used cheat engine to slow the game down so i would have more time to react. a lot has changed since then and i became the guy for real today.
i know i played on medium. i'll do a hard run some other time.

DaveLikesCookies

• View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: February 25, 2016, 02:11:25 pm »

This might be necro and sorry if it is, but I also have officially became the guy in 3 modes, and got every item, so I guess I'll add to that number.  ;D

NewgamerBirthYear

• View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: April 24, 2016, 12:23:12 pm »

I've become the guy, too.

Details:
- Hard mode
- 23:18:30
- 6490 deaths
- all 6 items
- had most problems with the spike corridor in The Graveyard and the Tourian item
- didn't die in the credits  :P

arishipshape

• View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: February 20, 2017, 02:38:39 pm »

Hi! I just became the guy for my first time! Made an account to tell you.
Hard mode
Can't pull up screenshot, but about 810 deaths
Didn't die in credits (saw it coming a mile away)
DID die right before last shot landed, so I will try to beat him without dieing after I shoot last shot
Hated spike corridor, loved the second spike corridor, loved fighting dracula, hated fighting bowser.
I got to the entrance to the guy (minecart ride) and then erased my computer, TRYING to keep my save... Didn't work. Had to work my way back. The death count would be for my SECOND playthrough, up until minecart.
I would have to say this is an exceptional game! Yea, it's hard, but lost levels is harder then nsmb, right? And yet both games have their supporters, and neither is considered a BAD game, just harder. I loved the subversion, the dying after doing a hard part because of a trap I didn't know was there (those evil eagles in ghosts and goblins after spike corridor!!!) ,the dying after a trap I DID know was there, the twist at the end, the EPIC guy fight, and this game in general. IWBTGs controlls are perfect, everyone says it randomly doesn't double jump and that it is glitchy, but the double jump is thanks to falling off platform first, and the glitches? What glitches? Didn't experience any glitches (just the occasional crash) even on a MAC. USING WINE. VERY well made game, the hitboxes are perfect (I thought they weren't good on vic viper but it turns out going backwards into the wall kills you. Should have put spikes on the wall to make more obvious), no annoying invincibility frames for ANYONE, and an exceptional game with many throwbacks.
I love this game, and plan on playing it for many years to come. I will donate money as soon as I get around to it. Thank you Kayin, for making this great game for no definant profit for you.This game is primarily great, the difficulty adds to it, and makes it so you get to play this great game longer! A mac port without wine would be nice. :)

Kloud

• PRO
  • The Guy
  • I hate myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: March 28, 2017, 08:49:58 pm »

Congratz airship. I wonder if this will ever be updated, i'm curious how many people have actually done it now that it's been like 7 years lol

null

• pls come back
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #1295 on: August 22, 2017, 10:49:16 pm »

man it feels so nice to see that there are still people with newfound guy powers
Join the official IWBTF discord server! https://discord.me/iwbtg
Quote from: Yb
That was fucking obnoxious

Currently working on an android game inspired by IWBTG.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87]