I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 87

Author Topic: Running Count of People that Have Become The Guy  (Read 399327 times)

Woeful Tree

• Being dead feels nice
    • View Profile
Re: Running Count of People that Have Become The Guy
« Reply #660 on: February 17, 2009, 07:38:19 pm »

This game was hard!

I beat it on hard difficulty, and it took me about 10 hours and I died about 700 times. What about these secret items I keep hearing about?
Come closer, I wont hurt you...Much...

Yule

• Chaotic Evil Moderator
  • The Guy
  • Ooh La La
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 17, 2009, 07:41:32 pm »

^Congratz

This is what you are looking for:

http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/forums/index.php?topic=625.0
"I'm pretty sure the microwave fucks with my internet, hold on for like a minute thirty to microwave my spaghetti." - Rob Lineback 2014

tijit

• IWBTG Champion
  • yatta
    • View Profile
    • tijital-games.com
« Reply #662 on: February 19, 2009, 01:26:13 am »

You might as well add me to that list as, but I played through on medium the first time through and had to watch a couple of walkthoughs :/

The link in my sig makes up for that I'm sure.

I had insomnia before it was cool

Fubu72

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 23, 2009, 08:43:52 pm »

Make that count 366!

Yeah I finally decided to register just to say I AM THE GUY  :kid:

Well I didn't find all of the secret items but found those two on my own (kinda) and I'm pretty sure where other two are.

The guy wasn't that hard once you figure him out... except for those two last parts. Instead, Mother Brain killed me about 400 times, most of those caused by frustration and not resting until I beat her (it?).

I started playing it around New year, but I didn't really rush so I just beat it last Thursday (19/02/09)

I wouldn't really say it's the hardest game I've seen but it was still pretty hard and had a very good satisfaction feeling when I finally beat the Guy (shooting to his eye in the last moment before falling into the immortal flames, it was so dramatic).

By the way, the Error death was the best death in the game in my opinion, it kept me laughing for a good time. (I don't put this under spoiler because everyone here have beaten it already or else they wouldn't be here, right?

Well that was pretty much my opinion in the game and maybe I'll try it on Very hard one day (because as far as I've seen I think there isn't a single Save point on Impossible (hence the name) though, it's technically possible to beat it, just, no, would take a lot of time to someone to beat it).

To think I just started playing this for the lulz because of Niconico Douga. Ha.

To finish my semi-long post I would like to ask a simple question to anyone who knows: Can the falling apple (fruit, whatever) at the end of the credits NOT be avoided?   :fruit:

Because well, the game taught me I couldn't even trust it even when the credits are scrolling so I was expecting something to try to kill me and I was trying to see a moment where I could move on my own. The thing is that I don't know if the Kid (or rather the Guy) avoided it himself or if I moved him to the right (it looked like that to me).
I'm curious to know if you can get a Game Over there (as I would expect from this game).

Yeah, I know I could beat the Guy again just to see it myself, but I'd rather not if it can be easily answered here.

Sorry for the long post! ( ゚∀゚)b Nevah Give Up!

SilentLoner

« Reply #664 on: February 23, 2009, 08:51:36 pm »

You have to dodge that final fruit yourself. If you don't, you will get killed and get a game over. I think if you press 'R' quickly enough, you'll continue from the beginning of the credits, though.

Kloud

• PRO
  • The Guy
  • I hate myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 24, 2009, 04:51:40 pm »

Im The Guy!

Fubu72

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 24, 2009, 07:28:37 pm »

You have to dodge that final fruit yourself. If you don't, you will get killed and get a game over. I think if you press 'R' quickly enough, you'll continue from the beginning of the credits, though.

Haha. Thanks for the answer, that was exactly my guess of what happens. As expected from I wanna be the guy.

Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 26, 2009, 02:28:36 pm »

I am the guy, first time completion on medium (lol) 2511 deaths.

Salivanth

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 05, 2009, 06:43:52 am »

I am the guy! I had a similar experience as Fubu: On the sixth phase, second eye, I took my time, took the exact moment, went in, endured 15 seconds of absolute HELL, and took him out right before I got hit by his most basic attack, the red lasers.

I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" when I beat him, but then I cheered and turned the volume way up when I figured out I HAD DONE IT. I HAD BEATEN THE GUY. I AM THE FREAKING GUY! I love this game!

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 05, 2009, 09:02:03 am »

Thought I'd post up here that I became The Guy a while ago: First run through on Hard, did it with 1637 Deaths!

I had to beat The Guy a total of FOUR times, Once due to that damn cherry and twice because it crashed right after I beat him!

I finally got it though, And it's got to be the most rewarding 8 bit animation I'll ever see.

MrMii

• Apples are the color of blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 08, 2009, 05:13:58 am »

Kayin's gay, haven't beaten it in the 5 years of my playing it. =)

Spare wins for teh homeless? :(

Sidecutte

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 13, 2009, 06:32:42 pm »

I finally became THE GUY!

I started a new file today and played straight for 2 and a half hours, i did amazingly well!

I had something like 320 death when i beat the guy, this was such an awesome day!

Salamander

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 14, 2009, 12:10:15 am »

I have finally registered an account here in celebration of becoming The Guy!
On medium, it took 8 hours and 31 minutes, and I died 2684 times, but damn it, it was the most enjoyable game I have played in a long time!  Except for the Koopa Clown Car.  I hate that thing.
Also, its all tijit's fault for introducing me to this game.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 12:13:08 am by Salamander »
<Kayin> You know, I always said necroing is okay, but the other admins ignore me. :(

tijit

• IWBTG Champion
  • yatta
    • View Profile
    • tijital-games.com
« Reply #673 on: March 15, 2009, 01:06:15 am »

I have finally registered an account here in celebration of becoming The Guy!
On medium, it took 8 hours and 31 minutes, and I died 2684 times, but damn it, it was the most enjoyable game I have played in a long time!  Except for the Koopa Clown Car.  I hate that thing.
Also, its all tijit's fault for introducing me to this game.

^THIS GUY ONLY STARTED PLAYING IT THREE DAYS AGO

'Grats Sammy :P

I had insomnia before it was cool

ybbald

« Reply #674 on: March 16, 2009, 08:49:31 am »

^THIS GUY ONLY STARTED PLAYING IT THREE DAYS AGO

O_o

H4X!
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 87