I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 271

Author Topic: Velocityquest VI  (Read 110211 times)

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1994
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Velocityquest VI
« on: January 25, 2012, 11:32:18 pm »

The vague feeling of warmth is all that reminds you of your simple existence. It's hot out here, you can sense that. You can't sense much else, seeing as you have no proper ears, nerves, or other sensory organs, you're not much more than a small ball of tar with simple animal intelligence.

You have the vaguest sense of "sight," if one could call it that. You certainly wouldn't call it that, because you don't even know what the word "sight" means, let alone what a word is. You can sense a very hot object in a general position above you, but something else soon draws upon your attention. It's not nearly as hot, but you know that it's organic, and that gets you excited, in a vague sense of the word. You feel the urge to consume it, consumption keeps you alive, and consumption, as you understand it, is currently your only purpose.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 03:56:51 pm by DraconicDescendant »
Logged

Velocity

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 387
  • And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest IV
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 11:36:50 pm »

Move upwards, and consume.
Logged

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1994
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest IV
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 11:44:37 pm »

You slowly move along the hot surface that you're on, slowly dragging your form over the organism before you, your system beginning to dissolve it, without much effort on your part. You feel satiated, in a vague sense, for now, but as the dead organic matter disappears into your oozing mass, you feel a new sensation come over you. Alien thoughts push themselves into you. Like a hallucination, thoughts and memories come to you, in bits and pieces. You remember running, hiding, scavenging...but you know that you don't really remember these things because they didn't happen to you, they happened to what you consumed. You are certain that this is the case, as certain as an organism of your primitive intelligence can be.

But you know that you have another option, a unique option, something that not many other things can do. You know that you can now utilize the consumed organic material for yourself, to improve your own form, in a way. You know that you don't have to remain as a ball of tar now, you don't know how you know, but something tells you you can become that which you have just consumed.
Logged

Velocity

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 387
  • And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest IV
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 11:52:21 pm »

Follow my instinct, and transform.
Logged

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1994
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest IV
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 12:01:57 am »

Your mass shifts, shaping into a specific form from an undefined blob. You feel bones, muscles, nerves, and veins all form within you, as your extremities shift into small claws, senses converging mostly in a concentrated spot, a head. You gain eyes, ears, a sharp nose, and a mouth filled with a few long teeth. You find that you now have movable limbs, two in the front, and two in the back. There is also a tail on your posterior end, acting as a counterweight of sorts for you, an extension of your spine.

You can now see the world around you. You know from memory that this place is naturally hot, and that a good way to get out of the heat is to tunnel undeground...but you're standing on ground that's too hard to do that. Large, loud things normally travel on this ground, and the unfortunate creature that you have become was in the way when one of these things crushed it. You look over to a twisted, flaming mass. You, not the thing you have become, instinctually feel that the flames are very bad. You dislike extreme temperatures. This warmth is enough to make you feel slightly uncomfortable, but not nearly as much as being bathed in one of those flames would be.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:48:49 pm by DraconicDescendant »
Logged

Velocity

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 387
  • And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest IV
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 12:05:29 am »

Scurry away from the heat, and towards softer ground.
Logged

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1994
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest IV
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 12:09:43 am »

You hurry off the side of the patch of hard ground, moving quite naturally, as if you've been this organism all your life. You find softer dirt underneath your feet soon after. Instincts flood your mind, you can use these claws to dig into the earth...to shelter yourself from the heat...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 12:13:00 am by DraconicDescendant »
Logged

Velocity

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 387
  • And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest IV
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 04:33:25 pm »

Start digging downwards until I feel cool.
Logged

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1994
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest IV
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 04:38:39 pm »

The dirt gives way under your quick scratching, and you burrow into the ground, making a shelter for yourself from the desert heat.

Several hours later, and the source of heat outside seems to have gone away, for a while. Your inherited instincts tell you that this is an ideal time to scavenge outside for additional sustenance.
Logged

Velocity

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 387
  • And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest IV
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 04:45:53 pm »

Burrow out, and use my new instinct to scavenge.
Logged

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1994
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest IV
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 05:02:51 pm »

It's considerably less well-lit than it was some amount of time ago. It's colder out now, but you know that if it gets too cold then you're going to have another problem. You carefully smell the air, the scent of appetizing foodstuffs coming from a specific direction, an area filled not with dirt and vegetation, but with strange structures. From your position, it looks quite well-lit in the otherwise dark environment, and it seems like a plethora of consumable materials would be there.
Logged

Velocity

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 387
  • And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest IV
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 05:04:36 pm »

Move quickly towards the light, eager to consume.
Logged

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1994
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest IV
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 05:09:42 pm »

You start scurrying toward the distant lights, suddenly freezing as you hear rustling in the brushes.

A pair of slit eyes make themselves apparent to you, as a long and slender creature slowly moves along the ground. The rattling of its tail, and the hissing sound it makes with its mouth frighten the rat in you, but the original part of you is not intimidated by the natural predator of this organism...
Logged

Velocity

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 387
  • And thou! Beside me, whistling in the darkness.
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest IV
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 06:32:29 pm »

Revert to my original shape, and spread myself over the creature.
Logged

DraconicDescendant

  • Moderator
  • The Guy
  • *****
  • Posts: 1994
  • Sexy-ass smoke ganks
    • View Profile
Re: Velocityquest IV
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 06:44:40 pm »

Your bones and tissues dissolve back into black muck, as you throw yourself onto the predator. It hisses and writhes as you engulf its head, struggling for a few good minutes before lying still, your body beginning to absorb it.

The consumption brings with it more memories, instincts, skills...and another form. You spend quite a while consuming the creature, but in the end, its entire body has been eaten away.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 271