I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: I Wanna Be The Stilette 0.45B (6/13/12, Online)  (Read 29532 times)

Miniwa

• あっちこっち
    • View Profile
I Wanna Be The Stilette 0.45B (6/13/12, Online)
« on: February 19, 2012, 09:46:58 am »

I Wanna Be The Stilette

Download 0.45b (6/13/12)
http://www.mediafire.com/?c4dt2jhpw87jhhh

- 0.45b Update -
1. Fix the "super sound engine didn't working."
2. changed the title.
3. Fix a lot of errors.
4. save encryption.
5. you can regulate the volume.(Insert, Delete)
6. reduce Memory using (0.42 = 800mb -> 0.45b 500mb)

Screenshots

Old save files may be do not work,
Send save files "hamz147@naver.com" I will fix it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 04:53:44 am by Regret »
1. I lost my skype ID
2. Korea high schools are suck.
It ends at 22 o'clock. Xp

IidoTheFox

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
Re: I Wanna Be The Stilette(Error Quick Fixed)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 09:56:21 pm »

I like it.

I never would have expected to see Bo Spider as a boss in one of these games though I guess everything eventually gets in as a boss in the IWBTG community at some point XD At first I was overcome with fear at what a bitch it'd be to defeat but it became very easy once I realized it's movement patterns were pre-set. Simple pattern, simple boss. Fun though.

You need to cool it with the Boshy jump restores though. I dont think I've seen any game abuse them as much as this one.
http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
Come by if you wanna see me suffer playing fangames!
Avatar by Xmatic-Zane on DeviantART.

GIRAFFE MAN

• Restricted
  • There's more than 777 giko cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 08:49:13 am »

It was Rosenkreuzstilette or something? ???
I downloaded a lot of IWBTG fangames!
I LAV JAPANESE!!11!!!!!1!ONE!!!!!11
Anyway, here's my games and ones that i'm working on:
I Wanna Be The Platinum [THE TERRIBLE!!] (100% done)
I Wanna Be The Platinum 2 [FTW!!] (work in progress, alpha 1 coming soon)
I Wanna Be The Only Noob [ROBLOX VS THE WORLD] (work in progress, alpha 1 coming soon)

Miniwa

• あっちこっち
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 11:35:08 am »

I used Rosenkreuzstilette's Sprites :D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:38:32 am by Regret »
1. I lost my skype ID

Siwisby

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 12:05:28 pm »

I love this!  ;D ;D ;D

GIRAFFE MAN

• Restricted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 12:27:02 pm »

I used Rosenkreuzstilette's Sprites :D

AAAAAAAWWWWWWWW     YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
I Wanna Be The Only Noob [ROBLOX VS THE WORLD] (work in progress, alpha 1 coming soon)

YoSniper

• Code blooded. Check it and see.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 05:32:13 pm »

I figured I should throw my hat in the ring here as well.

I tried out the game. I've played through quite a few screens. To sum up, I am definitely impressed.

The music is great, and the graphics are amazing (although I feel the game could use some more variety, but maybe I just haven't gotten that far.)

The layout is well-designed. The puzzles are fun to solve, and overall, I'd say the jumps are not too intricate.

I enjoy the gimmicks such as the falling platforms and the pseudo-donut lifts.

I do have some critiques, though:
- First of all, if you used my engine, then why not take advantage of the multiple save file system? Speaking of which, why only one difficulty setting?
- The room transitions seem to be activated by touching invisible objects, rather than just moving from screen to screen. In some cases, once you move to the next screen, it's impossible to go back. Not a big deal, but just something that mildly bugs me.
- There's at least one case where you have to fall down to the next room, but falling into the wrong pit kills you, whereas falling into the right one takes you to the next room. This appears to be inconsistent.
- The falling platforms are a bit buggy. If they fall out from underneath you, you lose your single jump. Maybe make the player fall with the platform until he jumps?
- If you are going to use double-jump restores, I think you should put them in the tutorial as well. As popular as Boshy is, you can't assume that people will know right away what those things do.

Again, I like what you are doing overall. Keep up the good work.

EDIT: Also, thumbs up for the climbing ladder sprite.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 05:34:38 pm by Derpface Pony (YoSniper) »
I don't traverse the forums as much anymore. Follow me on Twitter if you want to keep tabs on me!

Twitter: @YoSniperGames
Twitch: yosniper

Streams happen whenever I feel like it.

Miniwa

• あっちこっち
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 04:06:05 am »

I love this!  ;D ;D ;D

Thanks!

I figured I should throw my hat in the ring here as well.

I tried out the game. I've played through quite a few screens. To sum up, I am definitely impressed.

The music is great, and the graphics are amazing (although I feel the game could use some more variety, but maybe I just haven't gotten that far.)

The layout is well-designed. The puzzles are fun to solve, and overall, I'd say the jumps are not too intricate.

I enjoy the gimmicks such as the falling platforms and the pseudo-donut lifts.

I do have some critiques, though:
- First of all, if you used my engine, then why not take advantage of the multiple save file system? Speaking of which, why only one difficulty setting?
- The room transitions seem to be activated by touching invisible objects, rather than just moving from screen to screen. In some cases, once you move to the next screen, it's impossible to go back. Not a big deal, but just something that mildly bugs me.
- There's at least one case where you have to fall down to the next room, but falling into the wrong pit kills you, whereas falling into the right one takes you to the next room. This appears to be inconsistent.
- The falling platforms are a bit buggy. If they fall out from underneath you, you lose your single jump. Maybe make the player fall with the platform until he jumps?
- If you are going to use double-jump restores, I think you should put them in the tutorial as well. As popular as Boshy is, you can't assume that people will know right away what those things do.

Again, I like what you are doing overall. Keep up the good work.

EDIT: Also, thumbs up for the climbing ladder sprite.

Thanks for your feedback.
I will add that and fix some bugs in next version.
I uploaded climbing ladder sprite at IWBTForum - Game Design
1. I lost my skype ID

GIRAFFE MAN

• Restricted
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 09:22:19 am »

I hope this game will have a review and a let's play :)

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 03:30:13 pm »

So I just beat the boss. I'm guessing that's as far as you can get right now because if I try to go off screen, I die.

The boss was ... meh. It reminds me of Boshy in that it runs on a cycle, and as long as you do the same kind of movements each time, you will be okay. Once I was able to memorize his pattern (and realized that the purple chains don't kill you) the boss was ridiculously easy.

I recommend that you give the boss more attacks, and randomize the order of the attacks. As for the purple chain web, I think you should replace that with something less memory-based.

The rest of the game was good, but the boss needs some serious work.
I don't traverse the forums as much anymore. Follow me on Twitter if you want to keep tabs on me!

Miniwa

• あっちこっち
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 12:53:57 am »

So I just beat the boss. I'm guessing that's as far as you can get right now because if I try to go off screen, I die.

The boss was ... meh. It reminds me of Boshy in that it runs on a cycle, and as long as you do the same kind of movements each time, you will be okay. Once I was able to memorize his pattern (and realized that the purple chains don't kill you) the boss was ridiculously easy.

I recommend that you give the boss more attacks, and randomize the order of the attacks. As for the purple chain web, I think you should replace that with something less memory-based.

The rest of the game was good, but the boss needs some serious work.

Okay, I change boss pattern to random.
1. I lost my skype ID

Reply Code: Alpha

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: I Wanna Be The Stilette Beta 0.2
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 04:30:04 am »

So, I played until the ladder section and then quit out of boredom.
What's good about your game:
- the difficulty selection screen
- the blood splatter effect looks better than in most fangames
- the sprites are okay, but also get boring after a while
What's bad about your game:
- there's not a single fun jump because most of the time stuff is just falling down (you have static platforms that fall down, moving platforms that fall down, falling platforms that fall down); the problem here is that most of the time you won't be able to execute a double jump because the platforms are falling to fast; so this is not fun or challenging at all
- the safe spots in the game aren't really save; everytime you encounter one it feels like you made the level design without implementing save spots until you realized "oh, there's something missing, let's put one here and one there, I don't care"
Since this is my first post on the forums people might think, I just came here to bash fangames for no good reason. But that is just MY opinion and I think that this is not a good game.

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention; PLEASE make the .exe unzip into a seperate folder; I have a big folder with like 40 fangames and I hate it when I have to make a new folder for an .exe and every data is floating around...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 04:37:40 am by Reply Code: Alpha »
I've rearranged the reply code.
Your planet will be spared.
I cannot be certain of my own calculations anymore.

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 11:00:16 am »

So, I played until the ladder section and then quit out of boredom.
What's good about your game:
- the difficulty selection screen
- the blood splatter effect looks better than in most fangames
- the sprites are okay, but also get boring after a while
What's bad about your game:
- there's not a single fun jump because most of the time stuff is just falling down (you have static platforms that fall down, moving platforms that fall down, falling platforms that fall down); the problem here is that most of the time you won't be able to execute a double jump because the platforms are falling to fast; so this is not fun or challenging at all
- the safe spots in the game aren't really save; everytime you encounter one it feels like you made the level design without implementing save spots until you realized "oh, there's something missing, let's put one here and one there, I don't care"
Since this is my first post on the forums people might think, I just came here to bash fangames for no good reason. But that is just MY opinion and I think that this is not a good game.

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention; PLEASE make the .exe unzip into a seperate folder; I have a big folder with like 40 fangames and I hate it when I have to make a new folder for an .exe and every data is floating around...
I don't think you're bashing fangames at all. You actually have substance to back up your opinion, so you shouldn't worry about getting the axe.

Anyway, regarding the game, I appreciate that you decided to randomize the first boss's attacks, but I think you misinterpreted me.

The boss has exactly three attacks: the silver chains which hurt you, the purple web where the boss goes to the right, and the purple web where the boss goes to the left. From what I understand, you made this boss pretty much just like how it was in whatever game it came from, but I think you should do more with it.

If you are going to have random attack order, then to distinguish between the chains where the boss crawls down to the left or to the right, you should make sure the player can predict which way the boss will go.

You can do this by making the chains a different color when he's going right as opposed to left, or by having two distinct web patterns.

In addition to this, you should give the player more time to react to the incoming attack. Right now, the boss comes down immediately, and if you are on the wrong side, you're screwed.

I also tried out the beginning of the second stage. As Alpha stated, your falling platforms fall too fast, and more often than not, you lose your double jump because of it. There's one part in the second stage involving platforms like this (quite early on) where this flaw renders the jump sequence impossible; I had to save hack past it to explore further. Either fix the platforms (preferably,) or take out the spikes that prevent me from completing the jump.

I think your heart is in the right place, but I'm feeling a little too much Boshy/Kill The Guy in terms of gameplay. But that's just me, maybe. It still plays well for the most part, but I think you should develop the game at a slower pace so that you can look back on what you've done to make sure everything works like it should.

Wolsk

• Wolsky McKitty :3
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 11:37:55 am »

I'm feeling a little too much Boshy/Kill The Guy in terms of gameplay.
Just wondering:
Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
Those are two of the best IWBTG fangames.

I will have to check out this game if it's like those. :V
yeah
ebola is super funny lol
EBOLA (i still lmfao)

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 12:16:49 pm »

I'm feeling a little too much Boshy/Kill The Guy in terms of gameplay.
Just wondering:
Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
Those are two of the best IWBTG fangames.
It's not necessarily a bad thing (although personally I think Kill The Guy is just a bunch of jump puzzles, and I would rather land balls first on a nylon rope than play Boshy,) but it makes me think this game is not as original. Again, this is just my perspective, and I'm sure people will disagree with me.

I just want to see things in new fangames that I haven't seen before.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5