I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Author Topic: Arcade stick issues  (Read 4273 times)

apostian

• View Profile
Arcade stick issues
« on: April 20, 2012, 09:19:42 pm »

So, like many, I watched Floe become the guy in February.  He was playing with his arcade stick, and I would like to do the same.  Problem is, when I set the controls to Joystick, he just runs left and I can't control him.  I can get it to recognize the buttons, but the stick itself isn't working.  I'm using a madcatz TE stick and I have the 360 software from Microsoft (didn't work before or after getting the software.  I've tried using joytokey but it doesn't seem to be helping.

Ellipsis

• Ellipsis
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • If Not Equal Limited
Re: Arcade stick issues
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 06:10:07 am »

To use joy2key you must first set the joystick controls to emulate the IWBTG original controls.
For example in joy2key you set pressing the "A" button to emulate "Shift". In this way when you play IWBTG and press the "A" button joy2key should convert it to shift and you will jump.
Also just to check, when you say "the stick itself isn't working" do you mean it is working? Because if you can't get your joystick to work for anything on the computer then you will need to look online for drivers for it and install those.

pwnsauce

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 11:05:12 am »

i use Xpadder to do the mapping between my PSP (i use it as a gamepad) and the keyboard,
Xpadder assign the key from your pad to the key on the keyboard
u can dl it here
http://dl.commentcamarche.net/www.commentcamarche.net/download/files/Xpadder5-3.zip

apostian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 03:11:10 pm »

Also just to check, when you say "the stick itself isn't working" do you mean it is working? Because if you can't get your joystick to work for anything on the computer then you will need to look online for drivers for it and install those.

I use the stick for SSF4.  I mean, the actual joystick you hold in your left hand for movement isn't getting recognized.  The buttons work, oddly.

I

Ellipsis

• Ellipsis
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • If Not Equal Limited
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 04:58:12 pm »

Perhaps try looking for a driver or setting it up in control panel.
However as this isn't really IWBTG related (as the joystick doesn't work for anything, not just IWBTG) you might have better luck asking a larger/more related forum.
If not then I'll continue to try help and maybe someone else will turn up who has some more experience with joysticks.
Could you tell what OS your running and whether of not you know if they joystick itself works (or maybe it's actually broken?).

Kayin

• Well.. They're more like giant cherries...
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 12:03:32 am »

I believe the 360 Madcatz does something stupid like set the joystick to like.. axis type things (not even the analog control, like, x and y sliders, as if they were rudder and throttle).

I believe theres a switch on the madcatz TE that toggles what the joystick controls? That might help you out.