I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I Wanna Last Forever 3: Reply Code: Alpha  (Read 9172 times)

Reply Code: Alpha

• View Profile
    • YouTube
I Wanna Last Forever 3: Reply Code: Alpha
« on: June 08, 2012, 08:22:58 pm »

Hey, it's me again.

First of all I want to make two simple points before I will go into further detail regarding IWLF3: RAC:

1. This is the best game I've ever made.
2. This is the hardest game I've ever made and from now on I'll need bodyguards to protect myself from the rage of a thousand suns (or whatever your incarnation of rage looks like idk).

Basically this is yet another update, my programming skills improved even more etc. etc. Everyone knows that already. However the difference between this and the previous games is that I decided to use more gimmicks such as gravity shifts or water, (yes I consider water a gimmick, sue me) and the game is more aggressive over all.

Also I've changed the music direction this time; it's more techno and not that calming as in the previous games - time's running out, guys. Oh, and the bosses are incredibly hard plus the game has more stages and bosses this time, because, you know, grand final and stuff.

The first stage might look easy, but don't be fooled, because it WILL get hard. That being said, please only play this game if you are looking for a challange; you might just try to see how far you can go and that is okay. Those who will beat this game will have all of my respects and can call themselves gods or heroes; rank does not matter once you last forever.

So, since this is the final IWLF, the final chapter of this epic journey, and the trilogy comes to an end, the story of this game series comes to a conclusion. If you are planning on fighting your way through this abomination, be prepared for epicness; otherwise: run into a million spikes and then rant about it saying my level design sucks.

It's a joke guys, please insult me, it's always fun.

tl;dr: Abandon all hope ye who enter here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5513rdeyjc5d4jc

Screenshots (title screen and stage1):

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 08:45:51 pm by Reply Code: Alpha »
I've rearranged the reply code.
Your planet will be spared.
I cannot be certain of my own calculations anymore.

[redacted]

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna Last Forever 3: Reply Code: Alpha
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 09:17:46 pm »

I don't know if I was the only one who saw this coming...
I'll come back and give feedback later.

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 09:25:38 pm »

Well, thank you. My games seem to have gained some bad reputation, I guess... so I don't expect most people to even give them a try. This is so sad. Well, it's not.
Maybe a bit - compare my games to all the shit floating around, I mean it

Stinkycheeseone890

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 02:41:21 am »

So... I played it. All I have to say is that this definitely is not a step up from your other games. In my opinion, it's a step down. This is just spikes and traps. (From what I've seen)

The title screen doesn't look bad at all, but once you’ve started the game... the first screen, that first jump... The first jump in the game is one of the hardest, most intricate jumps anyone could ever put in a fangame. This is NOT acceptable. Why not make one semi-long game that has a GOOD difficulty scale along with good level design instead of three really short games with intricate jumps, spikes, and traps everywhere? By the way, that water segment at the end of the first area... I absolutely despise you for it.

I got to the warp and that's where I decided: I was done. At that point I decided it wasn't worth my time to go through a game with extremely intricate jumps and traps every time you move just two blocks over. It's just... dumb. I did try the screen but once I hit the traps, I just gave up because it got overly repetitive. (As if it wasn't at the beginning)

In regards to that spoiler in your last comment, I've probably played over fifty Japanese Fangames from that iwannabethewiki Fangame site (Rawrzaur posted a link, I think?), and it's just BARELY a step up from most, so don't try to pull that bullshit 'IT'S BETTER THAN MOST FANGAMES' shit out. What’s the point in making a game if you're not going to try and actually make it... good? Compare your game to the Fangames most people say are good, or don't compare them to anything at all (Which would be the WAY better decision, unless you set your own standards so low that it ends up like this). If you compare it to something bad, of course it's going to be bad. People don't try, they just try to make it better than the majority, instead of actually putting some effort into their work and applying it to their standards rather than the standards set by other games. This is exactly what you’re doing, and this is why I absolutely despise 99% of Fangames. You can tell you're doing this from the very first screen.

Sorry for the essay, but I felt it was needed...
ಠ________ಠ

Soviet

• sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 04:23:02 am »

I'll get back to playing this when you take out the bullshit background.
my girl aint bad. shes more like evil

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 10:15:37 am »

So... I played it. All I have to say is that this definitely is not a step up from your other games. In my opinion, it's a step down. This is just spikes and traps. (From what I've seen)

You haven't even reached the first boss then so judging the whole game is a bit far fetched, whatever.

The title screen doesn't look bad at all, but once you’ve started the game... the first screen, that first jump... The first jump in the game is one of the hardest, most intricate jumps anyone could ever put in a fangame. This is NOT acceptable.

This one really made me laugh. It shows that you have in fact played only very few japanese fangames. This jump is one I get almost every single time. It is hard, but... do you know the jump with the two rows of spikes with only 2 spaces of 32x32 pixels in between? That is a dickmove jump. I'm not an asshole, my game is hard, but not unfair...

Why not make one semi-long game that has a GOOD difficulty scale along with good level design instead of three really short games with intricate jumps, spikes, and traps everywhere?

Three points:

1. I make those games, because I like them. I like my fangames more than any other fangame, because I do what I like - I will never do a stupid videogames referencing easy bullshit game just because everyone tells me to make my games easier (which doesn't mean I don't listen to your criticism, okay?)

2. Also, yeah, the good old level design. I am seriously paying attention to every single detail going on on the entire screen. I redid several stages in the game over and over again, I removed a whole lot of stupid dickjump sections (for example in the water one at stage 1, yeah, that one was way too hard, before I removed a spike), I spend hours to find fitting music and backgrounds. I really took my time for those games, so yeah... it's really absurd to imply I'm only making those games to make them.
I would never release a game I don't like 100%.

3. Ever seen the file size of my games? The music I use eats up everything, and I know I should use external loading, which is going to happen in the next game. The game is longer this time anyway.

By the way, that water segment at the end of the first area... I absolutely despise you for it.
Haha, I never said you are supposed to like me.

In regards to that spoiler in your last comment, I've probably played over fifty Japanese Fangames from that iwannabethewiki Fangame site (Rawrzaur posted a link, I think?), and it's just BARELY a step up from most, so don't try to pull that bullshit 'IT'S BETTER THAN MOST FANGAMES' shit out. What’s the point in making a game if you're not going to try and actually make it... good? Compare your game to the Fangames most people say are good, or don't compare them to anything at all (Which would be the WAY better decision, unless you set your own standards so low that it ends up like this). If you compare it to something bad, of course it's going to be bad. People don't try, they just try to make it better than the majority, instead of actually putting some effort into their work and applying it to their standards rather than the standards set by other games. This is exactly what you’re doing, and this is why I absolutely despise 99% of Fangames. You can tell you're doing this from the very first screen.

You are implying a whole lot, dear friend.
Short answer is: no.
Long answer: The only reason I put that spoiler there was, because I recently played some japanese fangames and they sucked pretty hard. Saying my game is barely better than most of the japanese fangames is almost an insult, lol. However I already explained, that I like my own games.
I don't like any mainstream (fan)game - that includes IWBTG itself.

Sorry for the essay, but I felt it was needed...

I'm not better. Thanks for taking a look at it anyway and stating your opinion.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:21:21 am by Reply Code: Alpha »

Sora1ash

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 04:13:05 pm »

Another game from Reply Code, fun fun.

Anyway, review
The title screen was alright. But then it goes downhill from there. I guess you could say it's a step up from your other games, since they were just spikes everywhere. But traps almost every single jump get annoying too. The first jump was pretty easy. But then it just goes downhill between the traps and spike placement. Cheese mostly stated what I was gonna say.

The background gets really annoying really quick. Like really annoying to the point were it can hurt your eyes. (if your eyes are weak lol)

The music was alright, but gets annoying hearing the same 5 secs when you die from something stupid.

Try making 1 game instead of 3 bullshit short games. At least it's not spike everywhere it's just traps everywhere now. I did not get too far mainly because the background is just an eyesore and the traps get old real fast. Try making a good fangame instead of just really crappy fangames with bullshit jumps. Even some Japanese fangames are better then this. Anyway, not gonna make this much longer. Try making a longer fangame with better trap placement and not make a crappy background.

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 04:19:56 pm »

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep it short this time:

No and no.

I really pay attention to what's going on with the background. My eyes are in fact very 'weak', so I wouldn't implement a seizure background for a game I had to test more than anyone would need time to play through a certain stage.

The length issue was already explained. Also that wouldn't change the fact that I don't want to make an easy game. There are many out there. My games are for people who enjoy a challange and don't want to be bored by endless and endless rooms of easy triggering game references.

YoSniper

• Code blooded. Check it and see.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 05:37:34 pm »

I don't know why I bother arguing, but frankly I just don't understand.

You love your games; that's obvious. But if you want your game to be considered "good" then you have to design the game for your customer. This forum on the whole has established that we do not enjoy games that are pretty much just spikes, fruit, and intricate jumps. We look for more originality.

So in the end, why are you posting your games here? I'm sure there are other IWBTG related forums out there with people like you who want just a ball-busting challenge and don't care so much about the elements of the game.
I don't traverse the forums as much anymore. Follow me on Twitter if you want to keep tabs on me!

Twitter: @YoSniperGames
Twitch: yosniper

Streams happen whenever I feel like it.

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 05:52:46 pm »

I'm releasing my games on the japanese wiki anyway. I just thought some people here might be interested in my games. Also there's the lurkers. So no one will really know if actually everyone on this forum hates my games. btw I know for sure that this is not a fact.

It almost sounds as if you're asking me to leave just because I make games this forum does not like.

It is so very strange that well known members of this forum have released atrocious titles such as IWSYS or HB and nobody is asking them to leave. And don't tell me that those games were intended to suck, this simply doesn't make them better games. My games are intended to be hard, so, there's that.

Think about it. Some of you guys are pretty hostile to strangers. But if everyone wants me to leave, sure I can do that. IWBTG is not the only community I'm a part of; I just made this game, because I thought it was needed.

And, you're right, arguing with me is never a good idea if you want me to back down. Sorry.

EDIT: Also tell me where those hardcore IWBTG forums are, I'd be glad to join them. Come to think of it, it is in fact kind of funny to see this very forum complaining about difficulty in games. Some of you guys have even Touhou related content within there profiles. I personally did never play IWBTG, because of its nice looking levels or game references, I just wanted to win.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 05:59:37 pm by Reply Code: Alpha »

YoSniper

• Code blooded. Check it and see.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 06:22:54 pm »

I'm releasing my games on the japanese wiki anyway. I just thought some people here might be interested in my games. Also there's the lurkers. So no one will really know if actually everyone on this forum hates my games. btw I know for sure that this is not a fact.

It almost sounds as if you're asking me to leave just because I make games this forum does not like.

It is so very strange that well known members of this forum have released atrocious titles such as IWSYS or HB and nobody is asking them to leave. And don't tell me that those games were intended to suck, this simply doesn't make them better games. My games are intended to be hard, so, there's that.

Think about it. Some of you guys are pretty hostile to strangers. But if everyone wants me to leave, sure I can do that. IWBTG is not the only community I'm a part of; I just made this game, because I thought it was needed.

And, you're right, arguing with me is never a good idea if you want me to back down. Sorry.

EDIT: Also tell me where those hardcore IWBTG forums are, I'd be glad to join them. Come to think of it, it is in fact kind of funny to see this very forum complaining about difficulty in games. Some of you guys have even Touhou related content within there profiles. I personally did never play IWBTG, because of its nice looking levels or game references, I just wanted to win.

If you really read my comment, I said this forum ON THE WHOLE does not seem to care for these kinds of games. I'm sure there are some people who enjoy this kind of shit.

Also, I'm not asking you to leave so much. But I do think that you have shot your credibility. You've made three of these games, apparently, and you really don't seem to use criticism from the forum to your advantage. Because of this kind of behavior, I for one don't even bother downloading your games, because I already know that it's going to be the exact same kind of game as before.

So yeah, your logic perplexes me. I have nothing more to say on the matter.
I don't traverse the forums as much anymore. Follow me on Twitter if you want to keep tabs on me!

Twitter: @YoSniperGames
Twitch: yosniper

Streams happen whenever I feel like it.

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 06:36:55 pm »

One day I'm going to make a fun and easy game with a whole lot of cool references such as Battletoads or Cheetahmen. I'll give you different characters and fancy achievement stuff. Hell, it will be so much fun that even your grandparents will enjoy my game.

Seriously, you did not even bother to respond to most of the points I made, which means that you don't care anyway, which leads us to the question why you're replying to this thread - you haven't even played my game, come on.

And, yeah, I'm done with you, too. lol

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 08:10:09 pm »

I don't like any mainstream (fan)game - that includes IWBTG itself.
The Retardedness of this statement dumbfounds me. "Hey guys I'm going to make a fangame of a game I don't like. Ain't that a good idea?"

Ellipsis

• Ellipsis
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • If Not Equal Limited
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 08:29:17 pm »

Reply Code: Alpha, I'm afraid I think you're misunderstanding. The aim is not to make a game people don't enjoy, the aim is to make a difficult game that people can still enjoy. No one plays IWBTG because it's a badly made and unfun game (the players don't see it as those).  IWBTG manages to be tricky yet still interesting and fun. You should try to aim for this too.
Because of this I strongly recommend that you make the game that will be "so much fun that even your grandparents will enjoy [the game]".
Alternatively just lock threads as soon as make them as you don't care in the slightest for any of the feedback you get.

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 08:46:53 pm »

I do care for every feedback I get. This is why I reply to every single post in this thread. I am glad people give me feedback, even though it kinda sucks to only get negative feedback (well mostly). Anyways.
And, yeah, Valkama, being a dick as always even if he doesn't know what's going on anyway.

To clarify the bullshit he said: The first (fan)game I've ever played was IWBTSM2, not IWBTG. I think Kayin did a great job spawning a whole new genre of indie gaming, but I do not like IWBTG itself. I did explain this several times anyway. Think about it, Valkama, what you said is just stupid... imagine IWBTSM2 would be the original game. So if anyone didn't like SM2 then, he would not be allowed to make a fangame? It isn't even about being a fan, IWBTG is a genre and you can hate or like whatever game you want to enjoy the genre.

I don't like Ketsui, I can still like DoDonPachi, so whatever... 

And please stop this 9fag shit
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 08:55:25 pm by Reply Code: Alpha »
Pages: [1] 2