I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: For all you Youtube Partners  (Read 22996 times)

MaxX

• Yes, I did best fruit, spike, and moon!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: For all you Youtube Partners
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 01:14:58 pm »

After a reply I gave to yt asking to give specifics on what they expect, they sent me this email:

------------

Hi,

We haven't been able to confirm that you have the necessary rights to commercially use all the video material and music from the information you've given us, so we ask that you provide written documentation substantiating your claim.

YouTube is not in a position to offer legal advice or to counsel you in any way. However, we have listed some elements below which we have seen in contracts to give you a sense of the types of documents we receive.

-explicit permission to use the rights holder’s content commercially (example: “I, rights holder’s name, give your name or channel’s name, the right to use my original content commercially.”)
-electronic signature with date (this can be as simple as the rights holder writing out full name at the bottom of the document)

Please be sure to pay attention to any limitations and/or conditions specified by the rights holder concerning your use of the content.

Once you have the appropriate contract, you can email it to us as an attachment. Please make sure to provide documentation in an acceptable format such as a pdf or image file.

----------

I don't even know if this is possible or if you're willing to/can do this. If not, i'd probably just purge this thread and tell everyone to try it, and if it gets rejected, there's nothing you can do about it. I have gotten a few videos monetized, but they were under 1min. Maybe yt ignores short videos during the review process.
:kid: + :fruit: = <3

CybeastFalzar

• View Profile
Re: For all you Youtube Partners
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 02:01:46 pm »

After a reply I gave to yt asking to give specifics on what they expect, they sent me this email:

------------

Hi,

We haven't been able to confirm that you have the necessary rights to commercially use all the video material and music from the information you've given us, so we ask that you provide written documentation substantiating your claim.

YouTube is not in a position to offer legal advice or to counsel you in any way. However, we have listed some elements below which we have seen in contracts to give you a sense of the types of documents we receive.

-explicit permission to use the rights holder’s content commercially (example: “I, rights holder’s name, give your name or channel’s name, the right to use my original content commercially.”)
-electronic signature with date (this can be as simple as the rights holder writing out full name at the bottom of the document)

Please be sure to pay attention to any limitations and/or conditions specified by the rights holder concerning your use of the content.

Once you have the appropriate contract, you can email it to us as an attachment. Please make sure to provide documentation in an acceptable format such as a pdf or image file.

----------

I don't even know if this is possible or if you're willing to/can do this. If not, i'd probably just purge this thread and tell everyone to try it, and if it gets rejected, there's nothing you can do about it. I have gotten a few videos monetized, but they were under 1min. Maybe yt ignores short videos during the review process.

Sure is funny, because i don't know about monetization, but just linking here knocked off pretty much every Content Match i had on my Let's Play. The odd thing is i got matched for Dance of Illusions once. But i had 4 videos with it.
Pages: 1 [2]