I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: I WANNA BE THE GUY: GAIDEN RELEASED  (Read 104760 times)

Wolsk

• Wolsky McKitty :3
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: I WANNA BE THE GUY: GAIDEN RELEASED
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 12:35:05 am »

Looks like I'm going to be waiting for a more stable release to play this. :x
yeah
ebola is super funny lol
EBOLA (i still lmfao)

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 12:40:03 am »

Unsurprisingly, I don't like it.

KappaRyu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 12:45:15 am »

Just got past Stage 1-1. My only wish is that Kayin release a version of Gaiden with the Twitch faces and the FGC references intact, they're what made me want to revisit these games after giving up. The game just isn't the same without Floe cursing when you die, the Gootecks laugh, or Mike Ross saying "YO MAN I WAS HUSTLED!" You made a game worthy of the stream monsters' gaze, and we'd like to enjoy what Floe enjoyed so much at EVO.

I do quite enjoy the game though. You've made the game look so much more appealing with the world map, Game Over screen, and header/footer when beginning a level/retrying.

Dagnarok

• Neutral Good Moderator
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Commander of the USP Talon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 12:47:42 am »

Successful Hard Mode run is successful. ^_^  Now posting all bugs/issues/funzies I found along the way.

: Bug 1 • show

It's a little hard to see, but if you look between the 'Game over' and 'try again', you may notice some barrels floating in mid-air.  I died while holding onto a barrel, and it stayed in place.  Any barrels falling on top of THAT barrel would then roll around in very small movements, roughly the width of the standing barrel, before coming to stop... also standing up.

I thought that was pretty funny.

: Bug 2, but probably not • show

I'm clearly grappled onto the blue meshing in the background; though I'm certain the game is registering me onto the sphere area there.  More of a cosmetic issue, but I noticed the same thing in Stage 3 when I was trying to grapple the blocks, but instead was grappling the spikes.

: Major Slowdown is my name • show

Getting killed my either of the two guys in this area results in the game slowing down significantly (the death pictured generates more slowdown).  I didn't test this with the third guy hiding up ahead.

Not a bug, but more for leaving a comment.

: Zangief Wins! • show

I got past Chun-Li fast enough so that she didn't trigger her Reversal  of Spinning Bird Kick.  This is also the area where the game 'stopped responding' the first time (though in that run, the Reversal triggered).

Again, not a bug, but leaving a comment.

: TAKE ME WITH YOU! • show

And here's the charging-up of the shot... with the charging up animation FOLLOWING THE PREVIOUS BULLET!  The bullet is on the upper-left at the edge of the screen, just... follow the charge....

You know, I kinda wish that, if I fell down on this screen, the car would run me over, and yelling out that one Simpson's line, "GET OFF THE ROAD, YOU FREAKING MANIAC!"

: Hurr hurr, I see what you did there, Kayin. • show

Also, I didn't screen-cap it, but if you make it the next save point from here (assuming you're on hard mode), look at the bottom-left corner of that screen....

: Spot the difference • show

Yet another cosmetic issue.  Looking at the two spikes that are raised, the right one is clearly marked differently from the left one.

It's almost like I could do something with the spike on the right....  (Not saying you can; I never tried too.)

: MORE FUNZIES! • show

Hmmm... I wonder where I could be....

Also, in the Bald Bull room (the first phase), the Grapple can go THROUGH the doors; not that much happens if you do it.

So here's my death count and time taken:

Most of that is me pressing R. v_v
Quote from: Tilyami
Shuu is like the monkey's paw if the monkey's paw was a partridge.

poppy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 01:36:25 am »

I beat all "3" difficulties already, did this picture attach correctly?

Kayin

• Well.. They're more like giant cherries...
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 01:38:31 am »

If the game crashes a lot, reduce your graphics level. That seems to help.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2012, 01:46:35 am »

Accidentally picked Very Hard my first time.

Satire

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2012, 02:02:44 am »

Hey Satire guy, did you see the guy over to the RIGHT of the remote controlled drones who was...ya know, actually CONTROLLING them?

Yep.

Only barely though. If I want him onscreen to actually take the hit, I fall into the water.

In the rare event I manage to take him and his "unit" out, my lad refuses outright to jump after the swing jump (Fl0e did in his video, for reference, onto the barrel.) / won't chain up through the ceiling.

Otherwise I can just leave it on for some sweet music. Doesn't bug me any.

CartezSoul

• Cartez Soul loves da games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2012, 02:06:25 am »

Omg, there's actually people that beat the game ALREADY?
OH GAWD! o_o.
Games are an Art.

IWBTFangame's Time Attack sucks.

poppy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2012, 02:11:48 am »

Yeah the grappling is slightly weird, but GENERALLY (at least, not 100% sure) if you used your 2nd jump before hand, you still won't have it until you land.

poppy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2012, 02:15:13 am »

Alright, I'm not posting any more bugs in my other post, because its getting WAAAAY too big!

If you hold the retry button, and minimize the game's window, it will keep acting as if your holding it even when you weren't (on the map screen anyway). Boosted the 1000 deaths's achievement in about a minute with this, (its easy enough anyway but still)

Just now realized you can use the arm on the homing missiles, and when you do, ALL the missile guys in the room die instantly? It also doesn't necessarily change the missiles direction.

Seriously why am I the only one finding this stuff?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 07:16:41 am by poppy »

Satire

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2012, 02:15:47 am »

Yeah the grappling is slightly weird, but GENERALLY (at least, not 100% sure) if you used your 2nd jump before hand, you still won't have it until you land.

Which leaves me perplexed. How the hell do you do it if you can't jump after a swing dismount jump? The ceiling/floor above the falling ground that helps none isn't exactly the solution (Despite it being the only option) since upon getting on it, soldier instantly guns you down + barrel blocks charge shot. I'm just lost.

Dagnarok

• Neutral Good Moderator
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • Commander of the USP Talon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2012, 02:17:25 am »

If you want two jumps from your Grapple, you HAVE to have only jumped once previously.  Trust me, I learned that the Hard way.

Hurp-Derp.
Quote from: Tilyami
Shuu is like the monkey's paw if the monkey's paw was a partridge.

Satire

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2012, 02:22:12 am »

If you want two jumps from your Grapple, you HAVE to have only jumped once previously.  Trust me, I learned that the Hard way.

Hurp-Derp.

And in my case, that just doesn't work.

The answer was to not have jumped at all, after obfuscating stupidity wore off and sheer alcohol poured in.

femoral

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2012, 02:26:38 am »

Took me 469 deaths and 3 hours (about 45 minutes of that was smoke breaks to calm my nerves) Wonderful game, i look forward to more levels.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12