I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Curse/Alternate Modes Discussion & Info  (Read 34018 times)

MaxX

• Yes, I did best fruit, spike, and moon!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: "Curse Mode" Discussion/Info
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2012, 03:07:06 pm »

Thanks
:kid: + :fruit: = <3

MaxX

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Curse/Alternate Modes Discussion & Info
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2012, 04:32:46 pm »

Updated/cleaned up the OP to be more current. Changed title to accommodate all new modes instead of just Curse Mode. Now this can be a one-stop thread for all new modes.

Poochy.EXE

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2012, 03:12:37 am »

Through a combination of poking around inside the game executable and intercepting its network packets, I've figured out how these modes are activated in the new version.

While the game is running, it periodically checks the following URL:
http://gamejolt.com/api/game/v1/data-store/?game_id=8598&key=main&signature=153c45714f063de81aab7f33094ac688
Intercept that HTTP request and you can replace it with something of your own.

The data string is in the form "$message$mode$". The message is displayed at the top of the screen, and the mode is used to activate/deactivate the alternate modes. For multiple modes, separate them with $, such as "$Curse and EVO modes activated!$evo$hard$". Curse and EVO modes activate the next time you hit retry or start a level.

Here are the mode strings I've found so far:
  • hard: Curse Mode
  • normal: Deactivates Curse Mode
  • evo: EVO Mode
  • devo: Deactivates EVO Mode
  • reverse: Reverses left and right on controls.
  • planel: Causes a plane to fly in from the left, aimed at The Kid. Only happens once, although changing the data string at all causes it to happen again as long as you leave the "planel" in there.
  • planer: Same as planel but the plane flies in from the right.
  • sonic: Causes Sonic to appear and crash into The Kid to kill him.
  • baron: A white ghost thingy appears and periodically chases after The Kid. Unlike the last few, this one continues to occur on subsequent retries. I don't know how to deactivate it.
  • scream: Loud scream with flashing screen.
  • batman1; batman2; batman3: A fake Skype call from Batman. Each of 1-3 has a different message.
  • move: Hand appears and picks up The Kid.
  • angle,X: Rotates everything by X degrees. So for example, "angle,180" gives you upside-down mode.
  • spin,X: Makes the screen spin. X determines the speed.
  • overlay,b,X: Darkens everything by X percent. "overlay,b,100" will make everything pitch black.
  • overlay,r,X: The red overlay for Curse Mode, also X percent.
  • crash: Crashes the game.

I haven't figured out what strings (if any) activate/deactivate Gorilla Escape and Lakitu yet, although the Lakitu code seems to still be in the game.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 04:55:53 am by Poochy.EXE »

MaxX

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2012, 01:49:24 pm »

Updated the OP with that, thanks!

sam136

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2013, 07:29:58 pm »

I'll try making a quick, easy program that people can use to easily switch on those special modes. Just have to figure out how to intercept http requests, shouldn't be too complex.

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
  • man. isn't my brother cool?
    • View Profile
    • Luigi Floating On An Egg Over A Sea
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013, 10:02:05 pm »

I'll try making a quick, easy program that people can use to easily switch on those special modes. Just have to figure out how to intercept http requests, shouldn't be too complex.

PennyCreations has released a program that similarly does what you're trying to do titled "I Wanna Fuck With The Guy!" (thread post here), but instead blocks the GameJolt server and redirects it to a server you locally host (or your friend is hosting, if you so choose to leave your fate in their hands) with the various commands either already set up to function or that can be changed on the fly.

I remember that I had a bit of difficulty trying to set it up initially but I eventually figured it out. You're more than welcome to try to make another program that makes it overly simplified for users to set up!
MkidTrigun is and idiot for not recognizing the fact that Venser has edited this quote.

Ellipsis

• Ellipsis
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • If Not Equal Limited
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2013, 02:04:44 pm »

I'll have a look through this a little more at another time. (I've got important tests on Monday and Tuesday).
But here a couple more commands, try them. Maybe one of them will do something. (I haven't set it up so I can't try them.)
savex
savey
dfgfggg
end
game over
sonic

If sam136 cannot manage to intercept http request I may try and create a patched iwbtgg.

P.S.
Gorilla Escape isn't coded in.
Instead you can just modify levels to your hearts content though the commands. Gorilla Escape is:
$$layout,Stage 1-1$stagetext,Gorilla Escape!$pspawn,sprite29,4344,1840$pspawn,sprite29,4376,1840$pspawn,sprite29,4408,1840$pspawn,sprite29,4440,1840$pspawn,sprite29,4440,1808$pspawn,donkeykong,4390,1840$pspawn,donkeykong,4568,1016$pspawn,donkeykong,5280,1472$pspawn,donkeykong,6352,744$

Due to Gamejolts very poor validation system it is actually possible for anyone to control all copies of iwbtgg. For example it is trivial to change everyone's message they get when the game first opens. Or to enable or disable curse mode for everyone. I told Kayin and Gamejolt about this months ago but Gamejolt still hasn't patched this yet. :(

edit:
Here's a random list of stuff I found that looks kind of like a command. Most of it won't be. It doesn't include things which are under 5 letters long.
spawn
savey
savex
point
effectblock
networkold
DonkeyKong
private
dfgfggg
batman3
batman1
pointer
spikeattack
lakitu
angle
baron
overlay
speed
netspeed
gamejolt
skypecall
width
trigger
black
Nangle
spike
music
spawnr
layoutname
store
details
sonic
crash
planer
normal
newline
UserGen
CustomKey
moverhand
preset
pspawn
LayName
spikewall
throw
network
sound
reveal
Donkey
reverse
world
planel
descends
invade
soldier
stagetext
signature
release
barrel
gettoken
scream
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 04:09:21 pm by Ellipsis »

PennyCreations

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2013, 12:20:10 am »

PennyCreations has released a program that similarly does what you're trying to do titled "I Wanna Fuck With The Guy!" (thread post here), but instead blocks the GameJolt server and redirects it to a server you locally host (or your friend is hosting, if you so choose to leave your fate in their hands) with the various commands either already set up to function or that can be changed on the fly.

I remember that I had a bit of difficulty trying to set it up initially but I eventually figured it out. You're more than welcome to try to make another program that makes it overly simplified for users to set up!

What were you having trouble setting up? If QuickPHP was the issue, you can try setting the binding address field in QuickPHP to 127.0.0.1 (or use another program to host the server). Also, remember to redirect the requests to GameJolt by modifying your hosts file from IWFWTG. I believe I have found most of the useful commands and entities (please send me ones that aren't in IWFWTG), and feedback is always appreciated. :)

P.S. If you haven't used it in a while, IWFWTG has been updated a few times. Download page.

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
  • man. isn't my brother cool?
    • View Profile
    • Luigi Floating On An Egg Over A Sea
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2013, 02:23:09 am »

What were you having trouble setting up? If QuickPHP was the issue, you can try setting the binding address field in QuickPHP to 127.0.0.1 (or use another program to host the server). Also, remember to redirect the requests to GameJolt by modifying your hosts file from IWFWTG. I believe I have found most of the useful commands and entities (please send me ones that aren't in IWFWTG), and feedback is always appreciated. :)

P.S. If you haven't used it in a while, IWFWTG has been updated a few times. Download page.
To be honest, I have completely forgotten why or how it wasn't working. The important thing is that after following the instructions given (that I probably skipped a step by only briefly skimming them), I was able to get it up and working. After the preliminary tests I did, I haven't used it since, but thanks for letting me know that there have been updates to it!
MkidTrigun is and idiot for not recognizing the fact that Venser has edited this quote.

PennyCreations

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2013, 03:04:55 am »

To be honest, I have completely forgotten why or how it wasn't working. The important thing is that after following the instructions given (that I probably skipped a step by only briefly skimming them), I was able to get it up and working. After the preliminary tests I did, I haven't used it since, but thanks for letting me know that there have been updates to it!

No problem! The wall of text can seem long, but I just wanted to make sure I covered all bases. It's really fun once you know how to use it. I update it every so often with bug fixes and/or new features or tweaks. Not sure which version I posted in September, but there's definitely been improvements. I'm pretty sure I've added some commands and entities to the XML files as well.

You can also try out some presets (link), which allow you to load a set list of commands compiled by other people (usually making the game more challenging/troll-ish). Feel free to send me presets you make. I'd love to see what people make with this!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 03:08:46 am by PennyCreations »

CamKrist

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2013, 04:57:53 am »

Similar subject was being discussed at yahoo answers last week. I can post the link if needed.
Don't waste your time if you want to find Excellent® term papers writing service, order here http://prime-essay.com/

MaxX

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2013, 11:35:00 pm »

I updated the OP with links to IWFWTG and its available presets in the new activation section.

PennyCreations

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2013, 03:22:33 pm »

Just a quick heads up that IWFWTG has been updated. I fixed some bugs and now, in the level click-for-coordinates window, a rectangle the size of the entity to be spawned will follow the cursor. The entity marker is now actual size as well. Both of these are anchored at the entity's proper origin, and you can rotate them (if the entity can rotate) by holding down CTRL and using any of the zoom keys.
Pages: 1 2 [3]