I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I Wanna Defeat The Pixels v0.1 [ 21 / 04 / 2019 ]  (Read 32042 times)

Morsa

• Morsa = Walrus :3
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna Defeat The Pixel | Beta 0.4 UPDATED! [ 02 / 11 / 2014 ]
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 12:38:58 am »

Hola, me gustó tu juego, lo jugué una vez hace mucho creo que la primera versión :D
ahora estaba probando esta pero, esta version me lagea al igual que otro juego de por aqui y creo que es lo mismo, checa que no tengas marcada la casilla "game process priority highest" en global game settings porque eso da lag, ponla en normal.

Listo, resubí el juego con la prioridad cambiada :3

The_kid

• I'm the kid and I wanna be the guy
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna Defeat The Pixel | Beta 0.4 UPDATED! [ 02 / 11 / 2014 ]
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 09:10:31 am »

Hola, me gustó tu juego, lo jugué una vez hace mucho creo que la primera versión :D
ahora estaba probando esta pero, esta version me lagea al igual que otro juego de por aqui y creo que es lo mismo, checa que no tengas marcada la casilla "game process priority highest" en global game settings porque eso da lag, ponla en normal.

Listo, resubí el juego con la prioridad cambiada :3
Gracias, ahora me anda bien :D
MY ENGLISH IS NOT THE BEST -_- NOT EVEN CLOSE

Morsa

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna Defeat The Pixel | Beta 0.4b UPDATED! [ 14 / 11 / 2014 ]
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 04:29:00 pm »

UPDATED... AGAIN!

I only fixed some bugs and changed the third Boss.

IidoTheFox

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2014, 02:07:36 am »

Really like this, up to the second (main) boss right now. Has a nice difficulty curve and the boss fights are fun and epic, though IMO the second miniboss was way, way too easy. He could be easily spammed to death while flying back and fourth while you dodge the stuff the portal shoots at you. Not even sure if he does anything new after that or if that attack just goes on forever.
http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
Come by if you wanna see me suffer playing fangames!
Avatar by Xmatic-Zane on DeviantART.

Morsa

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2014, 01:42:58 pm »

Thanks, about the second miniboss, I might change it a bit since its really easy xD, but that would be in 0.5, and yes, it keeps on throwing you things, it doesn't do anything else :P.

pieceofcheese87

• ok
    • View Profile
Re: I Wanna Defeat The Pixel | Beta 0.4b UPDATED [ 14 / 11 / 2014 ]
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2014, 05:15:54 pm »

So i've played through up to the Chapter 2 boss. This game has a lot of potential

The platforming was the best part of the game. It was fun and new. Most of the gimmicks you used were fun and you didn't overuse them.
There are only a few segments in the game that I think are too long or too annoying, but for the most part, you did a good job.

As for the story, there is some bad grammar in there but it's acceptable. (who really cares about story in guy games anyway)

The bosses are where I have a problem with the game. The first boss is way too hard in my opinion. I don't like the first two attacks, because you basically have to trial and error
until you know what to do. Not that I have a problem with a little Trial and error, but I have to retry literally every attack over and over until I know how to dodge it.
Bosses like this get tedious very quickly.
For the second boss, I only had a problem with the first attack (The vertical lasers). The black outline on them blends in with the background, and it leads to some
really cheap deaths. I suggest you remove the outline. Other than that, I enjoyed it.
I don't like the third boss. It has too little attacks and it's too easy. I think you should either scrap it and start again or modify the boss a lot.
Now the fourth boss is where I stopped playing. Not because it was too hard but because I was too tired to go on. When I got up in the morning I didn't really bother
trying it any more. From what i've seen, it looks rather annoying but I can't really say anything. The music you used for the bosses is great though. I had no problem with the music.
I like to fart in people's faces when they're eating a gourmet dessert.

ForestFalcon

• Falcon of Forest in Forest of Falcon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2014, 05:27:48 am »

Alright, I saw enough feedback to decide to give this game a go, and enjoyed it quite a bit.

First world went fairly well, although there were some parts where I experienced some lag. Also, in that Snowball segment, I think it would look a bit better if there was only one giant snowball chasing you instead of having three spawn. The first boss was a bit tricky for being the first boss you face. That random icicle burst at the end of the phase was probably the trickiest thing to dodge. World 1 end boss was bit tricky, but it's a pretty fair boss, except on those occasions where the yellow energy attack would spawn in an impossible to shoot without dieing place, but you can for the most part get the shots in on it if you position yourself well.

World 2 is where things really start getting interesting, I liked the fans, although it wasn't super obvious at first which fan does what and it can be a bit hard to see at times. I don't know if it would be possible to distinguish the different flows of air, such as by colour, but if not, I think people should be able to handle it. The W2 miniboss has very few phases, although they can be tricky to learn at first, it only becomes natural once you've figured out how to just move your way back and forth staying away from the projectiles.
The lava world part of W2 was definitely a very fun part though. This is where you really start to introduce some very fun tricks. The firewheels were executed very nicely with some neat segments requiring you to reverse the direction. And the lava immunity bubbles were great, and it changes the water type platforming since you have to protect the bubble as well as the kid.
The World 2 End Boss, I liked it. The only thing I had a problem with was that random charge he does at you after the 2 waves of boulders fall. There's no real way to know it's coming and you have to be prepared to fall at just the right time and it just seems to be really annoying. Otherwise, I'd say the boss is one of the best in the game.

World 3 is the best in the game. The space segment was Excellent®, and you did a great job making sure people don't get screwed over by not knowing where to go in anticipation of attacks. Staying in the laser guided area was pretty dang precise though, I probably would have had some more issues with it, but you kept the diagonal segment short enough that I can live with it. The Space Monster Boss, I liked it, not so much the getting hit from behind part but the attacks were tricky yet dodgeable. Very well done.
The laser jumping was fun, hard to make at times, but still fun.
But the part I really liked was the physic changing areas. Green had infinite jump, Yellow super speed, and Red Extra Gravity. All those puzzles were very fun and unique, especially the ones where the area switched between all 3, superb segments.
As for the boss, I unfortunately don't have the time right now to fight her, but from what I've seen so far, she looks good, like the shooting star attack, very cool looking.

The charged gun you put to very good use. You give clear indications of when to use it, and it worked really well. I do feel that the cracked platforms you can break could be a bit more obvious. And on all segments where you need to fire back to back charged shots, you always gave the right amount of time, you feel pressured, but you never feel like you aren't getting enough time to charge your shot. For example, the yellow area in world 3 that required you to make 3 consecutive charged shots while doing the platforming to disable the purple barriers, it worked out beautifully and consistently, and I'm pretty sure that was a longer segment, but it was really fun!

Anyway, I really like where this is going, only other things I would suggest is maybe an options menu, for adjusting things like sound, setting the music so it doesn't repeat with each death, etc. But that can wait, I'm not completely sure how many worlds you plan on having in the game. But keep up the good work, and you'll have a great fangame when you finish it! ^^

ForestFalcon

• Falcon of Forest in Forest of Falcon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2014, 08:37:09 pm »

Alright, got back into it and beat Evil Starpy. Loved that boss, had no problems with it at all. It was just fun. Might have had a bit of lag at times, although that might just have been my computer. I'll look forward to the next update! ^^

ReonX

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna Defeat The Pixel | Beta 0.4b UPDATED [ 02 / 14 / 2014 ]
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2014, 01:24:52 pm »

Que bueno que retomaras el juego, la verdad me gusta mucho tanto por los sprites, la dificultad y los bosses xD espero ver la version completa algun dia :p :kid: :kid: :kid:

Morsa

• View Profile
Re: I Wanna Defeat The Pixel | Beta 0.4c UPDATED [ 02 / 21 / 2014 ]
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2014, 09:52:58 pm »

UPDATED TO 0.4c
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 10:24:52 pm by Mr. Morsa »

Ft Fxe

• [Deleted]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2014, 01:19:37 am »

Ok, let's trying this .. again :3...

IidoTheFox

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2014, 12:13:32 am »

Alright, so I got to the end of the current beta, and here are my current thoughts on the thing as a whole.

The game has a nice difficulty curve. It starts off fairly easy and gradually gets more challenging as the stages go on, which is the way it should be. The first miniboss was too hard, but I am aware that you have updated it and supposedly made him easier since I beat him (I was in chapter 2 at the time). The first main boss wasn't too bad. It was fairly easy except for the final phase, I got hit by those yellow bullets a lot.

The second world ramps up the difficulty some, but not by too large of a margin. The second miniboss was far too easy when I fought him but I am aware you've made him more difficult since then, so no points deducted for that. As for the second main boss, I was originally frustrated by him and did not beat him in version 0.4, but once you released 0.4c with the tweaks, I found him to be a pretty fun and balanced boss.

Third world took me by surprise, I wasn't expecting a space shooter segment. I actually had quite a rough time with the first part, mostly due to those 2 ships that fire the lasers. However, I can't complain too much since that part only had 4 movements, and a checkpoint comes right after. Third miniboss was pretty fun. Not too much to say about it, its attacks were a bit random, but not to the point of ridiculousness.  Now the on-foot segment of chapter 3 was hard, but fun. The 3 different gravity/physics effects were great, and the difficulty really started to ramp up here, especially in the last few rooms where the effects were constantly changing, but it never felt cheap or unfair, and was fun throughout. Then we have the third boss, and it's my favorite boss so far. While most of its attacks are completely random (not the attack order, but the attacks themselves, where the stars fall, etc) I did not have a problem with it. Generally I don't like it when bosses are too random with what they do, but you seem to be able to design them just right. The fight was random enough to be unpredictable and keep you on your toes at all times, but it wasn't overdone to the point of frustration and loss of fun.

Can't say anything on chapter 4 yet since the beta ends right at the start of it, but I'm really looking forward to it. Keep up the great work =3 How many chapters can we expect, anyway?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:43:47 am by Ozzie »
http://www.youtube.com/user/themorphingfennecfox
Come by if you wanna see me suffer playing fangames!
Avatar by Xmatic-Zane on DeviantART.

Morsa

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2014, 12:16:20 pm »

Thanks! ^^

Actually, I haven't planned how many chapters the game will have, but there will be more, around 7 or even 10, I don't know.

I have a lot of ideas in mind. ;D

Uncle Ochipi

• hello
    • View Profile
    • my twich channel
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2014, 09:19:44 pm »

...y yo creyendo que nadie hablaba español en este foro . Por si acaso buen juego.te deseo mucha suerte para las próximas veces. Si quieres pasate por el tema de mi juego I WANNA KILL THE OCHÍPI (hubieras visto las críticas que me llegaron). (Suerte que soy bilingúe) :) pero reitero la suerte.

-gracias
-Charizardfuego52

Uncle Ochipi

• hello
    • View Profile
    • my twich channel
Re: I Wanna Defeat The Pixel | Beta: 0.3b [ 01 / 10 / 2012 ]
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2014, 02:13:53 pm »

I believe there is a forum rule that states all posts should be made in English only. Even if it's not an actual rule, it's still a guideline that should be followed if you don't want to annoy people. Forcing people to use Google Translate just to understand a post is annoying. 

Please post in English, and if your English skills aren't up to scratch, use Google Translate yourself. Even if the grammar is bad, we'll still understand it, and it's better than posting in foreign languages. Thanks!

(Maybe this forum should have an international board for foreign posts?)

Ok, I will to try to translate to english, and the game will be translated in the final version :D

Sometimes the Google translator is not acurated at 100% / a veces el traductor de Google falla y no acierta el 100% de las veces
Pages: 1 [2] 3