I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Author Topic: Virtue's Last Reward  (Read 2185 times)

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
  • man. isn't my brother cool?
    • View Profile
    • Luigi Floating On An Egg Over A Sea
Virtue's Last Reward
« on: October 23, 2012, 11:48:37 pm »

Fans of both visual novels and 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors absolutely NEED to get the successor that just came out today, Virtue's Last Reward for either the 3DS or PS Vita.

Here's a short OVA explaining the story, with the same voice cast as in the game (save for Sigma, your character is mute in-game.)

I've only managed to play two or so hours into it, but it's already got me hooked. I'm enjoying the puzzles that have already been thrown at me, each of them (I think) has two puzzles in one: one to get the item needed to escape, and the other to get bonus documents (Gold on Hard and Silver on Easy, the difference being the other characters give you more hints on Easy) that go in further detail to the game's backstory.

Just as the previous game, the translation is top-notch and the story draws you in as you start to become attached to the characters. Also like the previous game, there's a whole multitude of endings (a total of 24 this time around) that you can get based on the choices that you make during the game, adding to the replayability until you get the 'true ending.'

If you can find it at your local game shop or have the cash to pick it up on PSN, do so now! You won't regret it.
MkidTrigun is and idiot for not recognizing the fact that Venser has edited this quote.

Nono

• U Jelly?
    • View Profile
Re: Virtue's Last Reward
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 02:04:43 am »

I have neither of those handhelds. FML.
What can I say? I knew from the moment I saw my first trypophobic picture on /x/ that holes were not for me.
Quote from: Kayin
IWBTG Lore: Delicious Fruit are sentient. Their rage and intellect allows Delicious Fruit to be skilled hunters, especially in packs.

Kitty

• What a furry.
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • ねこみみん is happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 02:37:10 am »

My copy is preordered on amazon, so I have to wait for shipping.

But it'll come with the watch. Which wins.
So adorable! <333
Quote from: Zuks
Quote from: Cat
I think it's raining.
Are you sure there isn't just some weird sky leak above your head?

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 02:43:39 am »

My copy is preordered on amazon, so I have to wait for shipping.

But it'll come with the watch. Which wins.
Alas, I wanted the watch as well but didn't know which retailer was going to be carrying it. Make sure that your order says Preorder Bonus somewhere in there, there was a great deal of confusion on Amazon's part that people that preordered it before the bonus announcement are just getting the Standard Edition.
MkidTrigun is and idiot for not recognizing the fact that Venser has edited this quote.

Kitty

• What a furry.
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • ねこみみん is happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 02:28:12 am »

I had to order a Vita version just to get the watch but I made sure. I'm going to see if I can talk Gamestop into trading the Vita version for the 3DS one.
So adorable! <333
I think it's raining.

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 03:20:15 pm »

Six hours into it now, and the puzzles are getting tougher by the room. While the game does give you two "Memory Sheets" to write important info down, the third escape room already has me going for a pen & paper in order to solve a puzzle. It's both equally frustrating and fun which I expected out of this game. There's no way in hell I'm going to ruin this experience for me by going to GameFAQs for any hints whatsoever.

Kitty

• What a furry.
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • ねこみみん is happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 08:46:38 pm »

I don't understand what you needed the pen and paper for.
So adorable! <333
I think it's raining.

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 10:00:11 pm »

I had already used both of the in-game notepads (and completely forgot the 3DS's ability to pull up Game Notes), so to figure out a puzzle I resorted to a pen and paper, which ended up being a waste of time as I was completely overthinking the puzzle I was trying to solve.

Kitty

• What a furry.
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • ねこみみん is happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 02:15:31 am »

Yeah, that's more what I was saying. You didn't really need any more room than one sheet for any puzzle, really. There was a little bit of a snag with some things you needed to note down for later which I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, but I just ended up using a page for that and a page for puzzles.
So adorable! <333
I think it's raining.

sans

• Lurks IWBTF 24/7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 05:43:14 pm »

Yeah, I happened to run into one of those but didn't take note of it so I'll have to go back and re-do that section after I find out what I missed.

Also, it's too late now as it happened while the forums were down, but Aksys was selling VLR watches for $20 with the proceeds going to a Hurricane Sandy Relief fund. It had said only one per person, but I managed to snag one for myself and a friend for her birthday in December, I just used her name and used my card instead of my Paypal.

The shipping ended up to be $8 on the watch, but since it's for a good cause I'm not too upset with it.

Kitty

• What a furry.
  • Administrator
  • The Guy
  • ねこみみん is happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 08:49:28 pm »

Yeah, I got two of the watches too.

Or should I say two more.
So adorable! <333
I think it's raining.