I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gaiden 1.2 patch released. Click here to download!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: (project cancelled)  (Read 11087 times)

[redacted]

• View Profile
Re: The 9 Divine *REVAMP TO COME*
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 09:16:40 pm »

Well what do you need?

YoSniper

• Code blooded. Check it and see.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 05:27:14 pm »

Well what do you need?

Well, to start, I could use a sprite sheet of the first character, Yo.

If you recall my game from before, this is the character who uses two fiery double-swords. I would like more fluid animation for the following actions:

Idle
Running
Jumping/Falling
Attacking on land
Attacking in air (this would be new; I was thinking a somersault while holding the double swords to resemble a circular saw, almost.)
Hurt/Knock-back
Use special
Climbing ladder/rope

I'll let you decide how you want those to look for the most part. The character itself should fit inside a 32x48 block (you can make it wider if you need to, in order to account for the swords as well.) I would like it if you could put all of the sprites on one jpeg or png in a nice grid, and use cyan or magenta to resemble the invisible color.

Is this something you think you could handle?
I don't traverse the forums as much anymore. Follow me on Twitter if you want to keep tabs on me!

Twitter: @YoSniperGames
Twitch: yosniper

Streams happen whenever I feel like it.

[redacted]

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 05:45:29 pm »

Idk If I can make them more fluid, I'm no artist but if you want someone to draw them you should go here:
http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?s=46a7f7b74a2ed1d5c4338b99817de8f3&showforum=14
and request someone to do it, I had someone make some sprites for me before.

DerpyOracle

• Derp.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 05:08:10 pm »

Can I sprite and va?
(ノ・◡・)ノ*:・゚✧※*

Bitch, I'm fabulous.~

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 08:37:23 pm »

Can I sprite and va?
Certainly. Although I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "va"
I don't traverse the forums as much anymore. Follow me on Twitter if you want to keep tabs on me!

DerpyOracle

• Derp.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 08:43:08 pm »

Can I sprite and va?
Certainly. Although I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "va"
Voice Act.
(ノ・◡・)ノ*:・゚✧※*

Bitch, I'm fabulous.~

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2012, 11:51:53 am »

Voice Act.
I welcome it. Would certainly provide better variety than my first two versions.

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: The 9 Divine v3 *PRE-ALPHA 0*
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2012, 07:13:14 pm »

I've begun work on v3. Please check out the pre-alpha and provide feedback.

I welcome discussion of current and future game mechanics, and volunteers for voice acting.

patrickgh

• very good poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 09:53:32 pm »

Well, I played the newest version, having never played any earlier versions, though I looked at screenshots, etc. I like the concept of having 9 guys, each with their own physics and attacks, and that the levels would actually be balanced so you could play as any one. The gameplay was pretty fun, with solid physics. I couldn't seem to access the second level when I pressed space. Not sure why.

As for feedback, I'm not sure what to say, since pretty much only the engine kind of stuff is done. I'm thinking that a large variety of enemies is what will make the levels interesting. Multiple paths also usually make a platforming game like this interesting. And I guess you could add a pretty large amount of paths that can only be accessed by certain characters. I'm sure you've already thought about all these things, but I'm just saying them anyways.

I'd like to help, but when I help people over the internet, I either lose enthusiasm, forget, or get interested in one of my own projects. I guess I could mainly give gameplay feedback and maybe do some graphics. I'll be sure to play future releases. I usually get to look at all the new videos in my youtube subscription box.

I tend to ramble a bit, so sorry about that. Good luck with re-working the game. It looks promising.

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 08:22:25 pm »

Well, I played the newest version, having never played any earlier versions, though I looked at screenshots, etc. I like the concept of having 9 guys, each with their own physics and attacks, and that the levels would actually be balanced so you could play as any one. The gameplay was pretty fun, with solid physics. I couldn't seem to access the second level when I pressed space. Not sure why.

As for feedback, I'm not sure what to say, since pretty much only the engine kind of stuff is done. I'm thinking that a large variety of enemies is what will make the levels interesting. Multiple paths also usually make a platforming game like this interesting. And I guess you could add a pretty large amount of paths that can only be accessed by certain characters. I'm sure you've already thought about all these things, but I'm just saying them anyways.

I'd like to help, but when I help people over the internet, I either lose enthusiasm, forget, or get interested in one of my own projects. I guess I could mainly give gameplay feedback and maybe do some graphics. I'll be sure to play future releases. I usually get to look at all the new videos in my youtube subscription box.

I tend to ramble a bit, so sorry about that. Good luck with re-working the game. It looks promising.
Hey Patrick,

Well I certainly appreciate the feedback. I should be releasing a new first alpha fairly soon with more building blocks. The second level has not yet been created, which is why you could not access it.

When it comes to help as of right now, voice acting is the main thing I am looking for. Basically, if anyone is interested, either let me know on this forum, or send me an e-mail at yosniper@gmail.com. For those people, I will provide a list of lines or noises that I'm looking for, and you can pick and choose which ones you want to try out. Keep in mind, though, that I won't mix and match voices between characters, so if you want to go for multiple characters, you will have to indicate who you're voicing.

As for the next pre-alpha, I'm planning on having some updated sprites, slightly tweaked physics, all of the characters available for selection, and a wider spread of enemies.

Thanks again for expressing interest.

YoSniper

• View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: The 9 Divine v3 *ALPHA 1.5*
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2012, 11:20:42 pm »

For those interested, alpha 1.5 is available for testing. All of world 1 is done, plus half of world 2.

ANYONE HAVE ARTISTIC ABILITY AND A LOT OF TIME ON THEIR HANDS? I COULD USE YOUR HELP!

Pages: 1 [2]