I Wanna Be The Forums!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat button has been eaten. Click here to join in the idling fun!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: I wanna be the Black Swordsman(Hardcore players only.) Casual stay away.  (Read 15666 times)

[redacted]

• View Profile

I don't even need to play the game to point out that yet another person failed to read the "Guidelines for a decent fangame" thread in Game Design. Valk's right dude, this looks like straight up tedium. Literally every single jump is pixel perfect.

First off you dont owe me anything.I dont own u anything.If the game is to much for you dont play.I didnt make it for softcore people who only qq and give up at difficult things.Pros dont qq.If 80% of peoeple never play it thats fine, but the I know their at least 20% (asian kids) who do jumps like for breakfast.You arent good enough face it and dont play.

If you do attempt the stages then very i am grateful.I but I dont owe you anything.I dont have to make game ez for you because u need training wheels.Its fan game.No one hear is paying to play it.

Now yes its hard.Its supose to be hard ,annoying and make the  softcore players qq.Its seperates the girls from the boys.Man up and stop expectin me to listen to your qq.Pros dont QQQ.
I understand you want to see the content and what its about and I am preventing you from doing it.YOU have to earn.This is nota map for people who arent hardcore enough.Honestly i would pay to watch someone do hard maps likes these.Not maps in kam where you spam save over one hard jump.

Games like thses are for the best of the best only.If arent then cool thx for trying the game.You are also welcome to your opinions butI dont have to listen to unconstructive ones.You people should be telling me to make it harder cus its too ez.
Valkama has said before, making a hard game just for it to be hard and not fun at all is NOT gonna want to make people play it. Now there will be that IWBTG pro that comes in and owns this game (partially because I can beat this so I'm sure someone else who is better than me can) just for funs or to show that his/her skill but that doesn't excuse you from making a good fangame. A good fangame can be really hard and not end up as a bad game in the end if you just put some more effort into game. The people who have posted on this thread are right, but you are refusing to listen unless someone is gonna tell you this game is too easy, which is not a good trait as a game developer anyway. All you are doing is making yourself look more like a fool when you post with your spelling errors telling us that we are wrong because we can't beat this game is just bad game design. In short, you should learn to treat people who played this game better than this, try to listen to them atleast, or see them half way instead of saying we are wrong.

YoSniper

• Code blooded. Check it and see.
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Based on what I see in this thread:

Constructive criticism + person being overly defensive => Nothing will change and game will still be forgettable.
I don't traverse the forums as much anymore. Follow me on Twitter if you want to keep tabs on me!

Twitter: @YoSniperGames
Twitch: yosniper

Streams happen whenever I feel like it.

Merg

• View Profile
    • YouTube Account

First of all, your attitude is really uncalled for. You don't seem to take this very interesting, which is the worst thing you can do when making a fan game. We already have enough fan games which only try to torture the player. Now, torture may be fun at times, but don't expect anything great after taking this path. I Wanna Be The Guy wasn't necessarily hard, it was only really unfair... and still managed to be funny and keep the player going. We don't need people making awful games and try to "test" us, so if that's your only goal with this game, then you need to rethink doing an I Wanna Be The Guy fangame.

Osb

• View Profile

... This is getting out of hand.This is my first game.When i start  week ago.I was using  the old I wanna be the uy engine v2.
then couple days ago someone told me aobuta new core.I jsut finish testing these 3 levels.I completed them in peices so Its extremely do able.
I could not port over these stage so I released them.I knew they were close to impossilbe to beat.The first cut had 0 saves.

the purpose of this game was to geta idea of the hardest form of the game was.RIght I am currently working on YOship new core with  New level anda complete different design to stages.You will have a sort of inventory thatu can place saves in game with. and other things as well to help.They stiill hard but their will bea Easy mode anda hard mode.Only 2.Easy mode wont have Killer tiles or invis spikes less trap and precsion jump .The casual will be able to beat but the challene wil be dramaticall reduaced to the level up I wanna be the guy.So if u want fun u can play ez but dont expect any challenge at all.

I alrdy  have 2 complete zones of levels designed alrdy i just have to do the scripting and make stage.
I find it really dumb that realise this shade ofa game which sole purpose is to be hard. Saying dont play if its to hard u andi still get trollled.

I wont  change anything in those stage yet along port them to this new core if someone doesnt complete it.It wil stay here un beat and un change unless somone can beat .

Later this month i wil puta a teaser level which wil lbe ez and sole purpose to show what kinda of game it is and whatu wil lbe able to t do  in it.Mani have to go for  food .Try to bare with me grammar or typing what everu call it.Try to read and understand.This game is only to be beat by the best.Nothing wil change .

Zero-G

• View Profile

did you even playtest it yourself? are you even able to beat it yourself ?
or why do you keep spamming twitch chats or why are you so mean and disrespecting?

Osb

• View Profile

I was never disrepect fu lto anyone and yes i play test them a and cleared.I was jsut shock people better than me couldnt.U all jumped to conclusions.And i didnt spawn tiwtch chat i talk alot.I may type bad buti talk alot.sry iff talking in twitch chat isa crime now.As i said im no introvert like most of you.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 11:35:40 am by Osb »

Zero-G

• View Profile

proof me,play your first version without saves and upload it

Osb

• View Profile

i made the game.I can move my character spawn point to anywherei want.Thats howi test the jump.andi did them all.Thats howi test.I makea part theni do it.DOing it in one run thats you job when testing not mines.My job is to make sure everthing is possblie.

Berry Punch

• Kitty's BFF
  • 40 proof noggererer.
    • View Profile

i made the game.I can move my character spawn point to anywherei want.Thats howi test the jump.andi did them all.Thats howi test.I makea part theni do it.DOing it in one run thats you job when testing not mines.My job is to make sure everthing is possblie.

You don't know anything about testing video games. You don't have alpha/beta testers, so you're going to be the one to test it all the way through, in one run. Moving the spawnpoint is nice and all, but when you complete a stage you need to run through it completely from the start yourself. Maybe then you'll realize that intricate jumps don't make a fangame. They're shit, and based on the rest of your replies, you're shit. Take the criticism and fix it, or scrap it entirely. "Hardcore" players know a bad fangame when they see one. Yours is one of them.
Download this [ABANDONED] shit that nobody cares about: I wanna be PHAT!

HolyAnus

• Creating the Leaning Tower of Shitza
    • View Profile
    • Live streams (SELF ADVERTISING)

How about we all ignore this and just move on? Seems like the more mature thing to do.
[3:03:42 PM] M4: UK is cheap
[3:04:12 PM] M4: you british people are random
[3:04:26 PM] Geezer: british people have lower standards

Zero-G

• View Profile

Osb

• View Profile

You don't know anything about testing video games. You don't have alpha/beta testers, so you're going to be the one to test it all the way through, in one run. Moving the spawnpoint is nice and all, but when you complete a stage you need to run through it completely from the start yourself. Maybe then you'll realize that intricate jumps don't make a fangame. They're shit, and based on the rest of your replies, you're shit. Take the criticism and fix it, or scrap it entirely. "Hardcore" players know a bad fangame when they see one. Yours is one of them.

Hard core u guys really.I asume you are joking.OK hahahahahah.Anyways.tis not changing period.That release stays.Testing it in one run ha another joke.I have beta tested more games than u can fit up your butt i n one night.and no one.Keep thinking u are your friends seph are the world.I must live on a planet with on 10 people.And u wil never be deem hardcore if u cant beat that game cus it is beat able  u jsut suck.SImple.U americans lol funny.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 01:56:11 pm by Osb »

Osb

• View Profile

http://pbskids.org/games/boohbah.html

Go play that.Thats your skil level.

Only noobs qq on forums.MOst good players dont read furm for that read.As long as my asian brother keep giving me those pms of progress im happy.SO keep dream if u thinking the 12 people u know = the world.Keep dreaming.

Valkema

• Anonly Asia O_O
  • The Guy
  • What. I'm busy right now.
    • View Profile

Lol everyone acts like old me now.

I don't even need to play the game to point out that yet another person failed to read the "Guidelines for a decent fangame" thread in Game Design. Valk's right dude, this looks like straight up tedium. Literally every single jump is pixel perfect.

The point of the game is not to be decent but to be hard. You're agreement with me is for entirely the wrong reason.

Obviously what the creator wants is for a really stupidly hard game. I was trying to help him with this goal in my previous posts but now everyone is going on about how shit the game is and how to make the game become a good game. People that's not the kind of game the creator wants so shut up.

infern0man1

• Unrevoked
  • It's been revoked.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube

for most of those ranting against this game, i have to say: at least thee is no floating spikes or cherries. this game is a whole lot better than 90% of all the fangames ever made. i would make a list of those that are worse, but i don't have the time right now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6